20-Somethings - diet buddies?

View Full Version : diet buddies?

danana30
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Hi! I'm Dana im 28, and have been overweight pretty much all of my life. I've had the motivation to lose weight and work out in the past, however it seems recently I cannot get motivated at all. Three years ago I was 160lbs, now I am 200. Most of my friends are either thin and don't understand that its hard to get going when you have such a large amount of weight to lose (my longterm goal is 125lbs, I'm 5'3). My heavy friends do not agree with me that being overweight is a bad thing and would rather go out for pizza than go to the gym with me. I am looking for someone to email daily to keep each other on trackas I am determined to finally lose the weight. If you're interested let me know! My email is my username here at gmail. Hope to hear from someone!

xopeaceandlovexo
04-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I am interested in joining you! I am 25 and have been overweight most of my life. I lost about 40 lbs when I was 19/20 and kept it off for a few years but it came back when I got a new job and now am sitting most of the day. I have a similar amount to you that I am looking to loose so I bet we can motivate each other and keep accountable on our journeys :) I will e-mail you sometime today!!

nonameslob
04-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Hi neighbor! Not sure what part of PA you're in but chances are I can call you a neighbor as I'm in Delaware :) I'm 27 and can never remember a time in my life that I was a healthy weight...maybe when I was 5.

I'm not very good with email (as in, I always forget to write back lol), but wouldn't mind connecting on here. I definitely understand that feeling of not getting support from friends and having a large amount of weight to lose. This board has been really supportive and full of like-minded people so hopefully you will feel at home here :)