100 lb. Club - The New and Improved Getting Out of The 180s!

Pages : [1] 2

Paulitens
04-26-2014, 02:44 PM
We'll continue our conversation here, ladies and gents! (mostly ladies, I suppose).

If you're somewhere in the 180s or almost in the 180s and feel like giving yourself a boost through positive thinking, or already in the 170s and just like hanging out with this cool bunch, you're welcome!

Don't stay too long, though.

:broc:

Poosnan
04-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Hey Ladies,

I have avoided this group throughout my 180's as I have never been in the 170s and didn't want to jinx myself. I do however read every comment and every encouragement so I must say thanks!!

But.....as karma would have it, I weighed myself yesterday on my "old, not digital scale" and came up at 178!! I could not believe myself as I started at 219 and have NEVER seen 170 anything on a scale for a really really long time (12 years)....I was so excited I went out and bought myself a "new, advanced, digital scale" so I could get excited over every .1 of a pound i would lose in the 170's.....stepped on it....182.2 :( UGHHH I knew it was too good to be true. Now Im torn between keeping the old scale cause its much nicer to me, and excepting reality and "gaining" 4.2 pounds on my new scale.

Im definitely an emotional eater and it certainly triggered a ton of emotions yesterday, although i did not stray from IP. Has anyone ever had this happen, and how did you get through it??

Thanks in advance ladies :)

Paulitens
04-27-2014, 01:02 AM
I would just stick with one scale, Poosnan. Whichever you think it is most accurate even if it hurts to admit it's the one that shows the higher weight.

I don't know how my scale is going to grace me on Monday, or if it will grace me at all with that 176.0 I covet so much... we shall see. Today was an okay day.

scarletmeshell
04-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Yesterday 183.0 today 186.6!!! We had a cook out yesterday and I had to much sodium and I can just feel all of that hanging on me!

Paulitens
04-28-2014, 12:28 AM
176.4 this morning.

Even though I don't work out on Sundays I did a 45-minute walk on the treadmill today just to see if that gives me the boost I need.

Here's to losing! ;) Good night!

Llilith
04-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi all, Happy Monday? LOL I so don't want to be at my desk this morning yet here I am.

I'm 184 today. I feel like if I don't get back on track and see some results again soon I am going to soon find myself weighing 262 again. I've been having a super tough time with emotional eating lately - and I really need to get it back under control. I ordered some green tea fat burner pills - maybe they will help give me the jump start I need to get back to good.

Paulitens
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Hello, ladies!

The 176.0 lbs I so coveted showed up on my scale today! I made it to my first big goal. Now onto my second big goal, the 154lbs.

The LoseIt! app also sent me a congratulations note. LOL.

Llilith
04-29-2014, 01:35 PM
YAY Paulitens! So happy for you seeing your 176!! Congratulations :carrot: I love it when loseit sends me notes :)

183.2 today. Upped my water and stayed mostly on track yesterday. The final day of my wall sit and plank 30 day challenges is today - that means I'll be doing 3 mins each. I can do the planks all at once but I still have to break the wall sits into two sessions. I think after today I'll put 2 mins of each into my regular workout routine.

oh yeah, I updated my mini goals to be a little more realistic so I don't get discouraged. So, I'm shooing for 175 by 5/25 (Hawaii!) and 170 by 6/22 (daughters wedding!)

Paulitens
04-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Thank you, Lilith! I think I need to stop weighing myself between "official" weight ins (Mondays) because it makes me unbearably paranoid if the scale goes up, and it gets my hopes up too much if the scale goes down. LOL.

Anyway...

Today I checked my weight (I know, shame on me) and I was 175.0. I still think that I need to stop weighting myself in between weight ins. Ugh...

Good for you on your plans and wall sit ups, Lilith! I totally gave up on my squat challenge, but I have been walking on the treadmill 3-4 times a week, so I guess I'm not a TOTAL failure.

Llilith
04-29-2014, 01:44 PM
175!! that is great :-) And we aren't failures. We have come so far… I just need to keep telling myself that!

Paulitens
04-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes, true. I was referring to quitting that work out challenge. I'm just not really good at working out.

jennybutler357
05-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone!! Happy May 1st!

I realized I didn't update this Monday...maybe it's because I had a gain back into the 180s. I had a feeling the under 180 wasn't going to stick as a lot of us have found this 180s to 170s drop the toughest. So, yes this week I had a gain of 0.8 pounds, not great but not terrible either.

But then maybe it affected me than I thought as I had a couple weak days this week, gave in to a brownie when I really shouldn't have which put me over for the day, and then miscalculated on a meal out last night, but I'm hoping by Monday's weigh-in everything will be put right.

Speaking of us not being failures, I found this quote the other day online which struck a chord - "failure is impossible to attain if you never give up". It's kind of a double negative, which equals a positive. I like it.

And, on that note, although I may have made some dieting slips this week, I have signed up for a new class at the gym for tonight. It's yoga with weights - looking forward to it!!

scarletmeshell
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Hey Everyone!
I too have been having a hard time. I miss my boy so much.
We just have to keep on, we have come so far.
Ok Llilith, lets do this. I have a wonderful conference to go to on June 19th with my daughter and my mom. 170!
Jenny, loved how you said "give in to the brownie"!
Paulitens, I too get stuck in scale panic.
Where is TooWicky?

Llilith
05-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Jennybutler - those damn brownies!! I really love the failure quote - I am not giving up. :-) Yay for your new class - I bet you will love it. I really enjoy working out with my hand weights, and it would be cool to work weights into yoga.

scarletmeshell - 170 it is!! We got this. :D The conference sounds like something cool to look forward to!

I stayed on track yesterday and the green tea pills helped give me a bit of energy so I moved a lot more. I even moved wood to the backyard fire pit. Hubby brought home ends and pieces of wood from work. Normally I'd have waited for him to move it but I was like "hey, it's beautiful out and I could use some exercise" so I did it myself. :-)

:carrot: I can really tell my arms are so much stronger from the weight work I've been doing. It's funny cause it doesn't seem that hard either, and the results are paying off YAY. I'm working toward Michelle Obama arms haha.:carrot:

scarletmeshell
05-02-2014, 09:49 AM
This morning was 182.4. I don't think it will stick and I am not sure how that happened. I am sure I went over my calorie count the last few days. Still, it was good to see those numbers.
My bony knees were uncomfortable again last night.
I am really looking forward to the conference. My daughter has a rare skin condition called ichthyosis and it is an Ichthyosis family conference. It is in Indianapolis this year (it is held every 2 years and moves around the US). It is really great for my daughter to be around others like herself. The people with ichthyosis look very different and it is the only place I have ever been were it doesn't matter what you look like. My mom hasn't had a vacation in forever so I am paying her way to go. I even got a limo to take us to the hotel. I can't wait.
I hope I make it thru this weekend without eating to much!
Llilith were you worried about your dress for the wedding not fitting by the time the wedding is here?
hugs to all of you!

lotsakids
05-02-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm baaaaaack! Hubby took the computer to Germany for work this past week and I was too lazy to figure out my password (I know) After a very late night of geting him from the airport after canceled flights etc.... I am awake and ready for the day. 188.6 today -

scarletmeshell
05-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Welcome back Donna!

Llilith
05-02-2014, 02:19 PM
scarletmeshell - good for you on 182.4 - sometimes adding a few calories helps shake things up. :-) Wow, that's a really cool thing that you guys are going to that conference. It sounds wonderful for your daughter! And wow, a limo and everything - way to make it into a girly vacation :):)

No, I'm not too worried about the dress - even if I lose a few pounds before the wedding it will be fine. It's pretty flawy. In fact, if I lost a bit, the arms would look a bit better, but I'm good with how it fits now. :)

lotsakids - YAY welcome back!!

So - I'm 180 on the dot again today. I hope I can stay on track this weekend and see some lower numbers on Monday. Weekends are the hardest. You know how I've been frustrated with the loss and gaining of this same five pounds for weeks now? I took my measurements today, and I'm still making progress, even though it isn't with the scale numbers.

Last June my measurements were:
Bust 48, Waist 45, Hips 57

In March they were:
Bust 41, Waist 36, Hips 45, Arms 13, Thighs 22

Today they are:
Bust 40 (sad day LOL!), Waist 36, Hips 44, Arms 12, Thighs 22

PROGRESS woohoo!!

Paulitens
05-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello, ladies! I was 174.4 today but I'm not getting my hopes up for Monday. I have been snacking like crazy, and then working out like crazy to fit in all those extra calories in my budget. LOL. Crazy cycle.

Nice to read you all. :hug:

scarletmeshell
05-03-2014, 09:27 AM
181.0 today! I was worried about the 182.4 sticking around yesterday. Again, I am not sure how this is happening. I stayed on plan yesterday but this is odd.
A few weeks ago I bought two sleeveless dress ( you know the flabby arm, bat wing, bat girl dresses). They looked pretty good but when I got home I put on a sucker upper cami under them and it smoothed me out better. I also bought shoes and jewelry for them. My daughter was shocked and so happy. I usually wear black and one dress is pink and the other light blue. She is so proud they are not black. Yesterday I tried them on again and I don't need the sucker upper cami!
I have a butts on fire squats question...... I know some of you are doing squats ect like crazy, do you do them every day? When I was young and in shape I used to go to the gym and do upper body one day and lower body the next day. Do you have a rest day?
I'm sorry if this makes no sense. I think I am still in shock from the 181!

Paulitens
05-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi scarletmeshell - that is up to you. You can take a break from the same exercise if you want, I always do. :)

Today I was 174.4... hopefully that will stick till Monday when my official weight in day comes around. :)

scarletmeshell
05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Ok Paulitens, lets hope we can hang in there til monday!

scarletmeshell
05-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Happy Sunday chickies! 182.2 today.
Something odd has happened and I guess I just need to get it out....
I am on another site that has groups for every kind of intrest, book readers, mom's with young kids, mom's with older kids, healthy living, single moms,
anything you can imagine. There is a woman on there that bashes fat people almost every day. She is really disliked for this. She will post things like "if you are fat you have no right to go to the beach" or "why order a diet coke, the 5 hambergers are going to kill you". I mostly just shake my head at all of this drama. Last night I found her on this site! She is on here ( not our group of course) but on here for weight loss support! It just makes me sick.
I guess I just needed to get that off my chest so thanks for listening!

Paulitens
05-04-2014, 05:01 PM
There are hypocrites everywhere, Scarletmeshell! Maybe she likes to take on a different persona in places where people don't know about her struggles with weight loss. Maybe she likes to pretend she was never overweight and that she is intolerant because she doesn't know what it is like to struggle with being overweight. :(

Today I wore an outfit I haven't worn in years, and even back then it was pretty tight and didn't fit as well as it does now. The jacket is size L and it buttons up loosely. :broc:

I am PMSing so bad and finals are giving me so much anxiety that yesterday I ate WAAAAAAY too much. So much I stopped logging it on LoseIt because I was already feeling guilty enough. The outcome? 2 more ounces this morning. No biggie. But I hope I don't go there again.

scarletmeshell
05-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Paulitens I love it when a jacket buttons! ha! Congrats!
I too have had days I just stopped logging in. One slip up day isn't a big deal but it always kind of scares me that I wont stop.
I made black bean burgers this morning and they turned out really good.
Yes you are right about the hypocrite. I was just so surprised and probably shouldn't have posted about.

Paulitens
05-05-2014, 10:07 AM
This morning I weighted in and was 175.8. I was like "aw, that's BS!" (because I have been 174.4 for the past three days, and because that would be only -2 ounces since last Monday). Tried again. 174.2. And again, and again. Same thing.

Yay!

Have an awesome Monday! I have a 15-page paper to write and turn in by tonight at midnight. I have a whole Cinderella thing going on with that paper. LOL.

scarletmeshell
05-05-2014, 10:14 AM
182.2 today, where did that 180 go?
Good luck on your paper Paulitens!
I have errands to run today and I just found out one of my bank accounts has been hacked! Not much money as of yet but I will be dealing with that.

Llilith
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
scarletmeshell - I love those suckerupper camis! Go you with your new dresses in COLOR and no suckerupper needed. I do the squats every day except for weekends now, but I might need to start weekends again, cause I'm having a super hard time staying on track over the weekend.
CONGRATS on 181 and your dresses fitting better!
(and wow the hypocrite - what must her normal life be like if she needs to act out on the internet? LOL)

Paulitens! I'm so jelly - 174.2 is amazing :) you are doing so great!! Yay for your old outfit fitting loosely. That feeling is the BEST!
I do feel your pain on the slip - but it's one day, so you will be fine. The trick is not to completely slip back into old habits, I think. YAY for your great weigh in today!

183.4 today. :( I have a sad weekend pattern developing. I keep going so far over on the weekends - I don't know where my willpower went, but I gotta get it back. I do so good til Friday, then I just blow it on the weekend.

I'm thinking I might need to up my calorie budget from 1200 to 1400 so I have more of an opportunity to feel like I can enjoy things instead of just getting the guilty "wtf I'm over so I might as well have that" feeling.

What do you guys do for your calorie budget?

We go to Hawaii at the end of this month, and I'm really scared I'm gonna go so far off track and not be able to get back on.

CrazyCatWoman
05-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi All

Hope you don't mind me dropping by - I've still not settled into a maintenance thread.

Everyone needs a break sometimes and 'going over' is only natural after how many months of control. Yeah, maybe 1400 cals is better, Lilith. I was on a nominal 1200 for my last 10lb drop but was exercising a lot so in practice probably ate 1400 or even a bit more daily.

Now I've upped it too much and am not happy about that, so have dropped it back down, and now feel hungry. But apparently maintenance is like this and takes a while to balance input and the scales. The food part I find frustrating as my natural instinct is just to dive back into old habits, but thereby hangs destruction.

One unexpected side effect of weightloss - I wearing hearing aids and recently one has been whistling a lot, which I thought was a blockage. After cleaning and trying everything, I realise it is because I have even lost fat in my ear and the ear moulds don't fit tightly anymore! I'll have to get new ones.

Good luck all of you!

Llilith
05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Great to see you CrazyCatWoman! I'm LOL that you lost weight in your ears haha. Some of my shoes don't fit now, it's funny the places you lose weight. Sorry you have to get new hearing aids though - that can't be cheap. :(

scarletmeshell
05-05-2014, 03:36 PM
CrazyCat sorry about your skinny ears! I had to have my glasses adjusted. Guess my head isn't as fat as it used to be!
Llilith I do 1200 a day. I use myfittnesspal and it keeps track of everything. I too have had a hard time with weekends lately. Not sure why. I have had a lot of bday parties and baby showers but that didn't used to be an issue. Saturdays are the hardest for me.

lotsakids
05-05-2014, 07:21 PM
190 today, bad bad weekend filled with too many running meals :) My daughters did a concert at a church so lots of practices etc. We were tired this morning. Another bad weekend coming up though as we are traveling to our regional competition(MI to KY) for bible quiz. Hoping that the stress of competition and bad food choices don't kick me in the behind!!!

scarletmeshell
05-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Lotsakids, Hey Donna, hope you have a great trip! You know even when you make good choices eating out the sodium can add so much water weight. At least for me anyway.
I plan on taking my dog for a walk this morning while it is still cool. It is supposed to be 100 degrees today!
181. something this morning. I weigh as soon as I wake up and am to sleeping to remember the exact number but my fancy scale remembers. I am very proud of myself that I figured that scale out!

lotsakids
05-06-2014, 10:44 AM
good for your fancy scale Scarlet! Still the same today but not bad considering we ate tacos for Cinco De Mayo last night. I ate under control, but the carbs were still pretty high :P

Paulitens
05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
scarletmeshell - thank you! I survived the day. I rushed and finished my very mediocre paper 8 minutes before its deadline at midnight. My brain was falling out of my ears at that point anyway. But I couldn't write a proper conclusion or anything, I'll be lucky to get a B on it. Oh well, it's done. And the anxiety that came with it and the constant, crazy eating. And my summer vacation is officially started so to celebrate I'm folding laundry from the past 2 weeks that kept being put off. LOL

Hi Lilith! Yes, it felt pretty good to fit in that old outfit again. I even got complimented on wearing red. :) Not on being thinner. That doesn't seem to be the norm among women, why is that!? If I see someone losing weight I compliment them on it! Anyhow... whatever. I'm glad I'm not doing this for others but 100% for myself.

About the calories, have you thought about keeping the 1200 calorie budget and having a "free" day when you can indulge without feeling guilty or counting calories? That's what I will do when I meet my goal.

CrazyCatWoman - that is so interesting! It's true, what Lilith say, that we lose weight in places we least expect it. My feet are also skinnier, and I think my nose too. Seriously. I think my nose is skinnier than before, at least it looks like it.

lotsakids
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
ugh! 192 today, I know its water, I did my exercise and didn't overeat, will be drinking gallons today.

jennybutler357
05-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Hey y'all!!

I was bang on 180 this week too Llilith! Hoping to break into the 170s and stay there next week. As for the calories, I have a 1200 - 1400 goal. I aim for 1200 but have up to 1400 as a buffer zone. I prefer to stay at the lower end but if I have a day where I want more, or it just happens that way then 1400 it is and the next day I try to aim for 1200 and no more. On average I'd say I have two or three 1400 days a week.

Woo for your summer vacation starting Paulitens! Now with less stress you'll get back on track no problem!

Hope your road trip goes smoothly Donna!

I too struggle on Saturdays Scarletmeshell, I think it's because there's no strict routine and although we try and do family things on Sundays, Saturdays are a bit more 'free', which isn't good for me as it means my hands get a bit too free in the kitchen and are reaching all over the place for things they shouldn't be.

Paulitens
05-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that, lotsakids! That's got to be very frustrating.

:hug:

scarletmeshell
05-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Lotsakids, Donna sometimes tacos are worth it!

Llilith
05-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Hi Everyone - just checking in. No weight to report since I'm staying off the scale til next Wednesday to see how my calorie adjustment affects things longer term.

I feel less obsessive knowing that the calories are there if I want them - it's weird what a difference a couple hundred calories makes in my head. I guess this weird relationship I have with food is what got me in this mess to begin with - the key now is not letting it win!

Scarlet - what brand is your new fancy scale? I was thinking about getting one that remembers weights.

lotsakids
05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
tacos are always worth it :) thankfully I only make them a couple of times a year.

Wannabehealthy
05-08-2014, 09:36 AM
I know I don't belong here, but I'm lurking.

Donna, we love tacos and they can be healthy depending on what you put in them. The last time I made them my DH's blood pressure went sky high. I think it was the sodium in the little packet of taco seasoning I used. A woman on another forum gave me a recipe for making my own without salt, so I can't wait to try it and see if there's an improvement.

nlauah
05-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Still stuck around in the 180s... I am not sure if I am doing anything about it any longer :(

scarletmeshell
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Llilith the scale is Health o Meter, the doctor's scale. It remembers 2 peoples weight from the last time you wieghed in. It did take me a bit to figure it all out. You step on the scale and get your weight. Then step off and a number 1 and 2 flashes. You stomp on the scale when your number flashes. Then there will be an up or down arrow if you lost or gained and then difference. Very proud of myself that I figured it out.
Tacos.....my mom is bringing tacos over for dinner sat night. I think I am going to have my own black bean version.
180.4 today.

lotsakids
05-08-2014, 10:32 AM
I usually don't eat corn at all so just the tortilla was a shock to my system I think. I did use fresh ones and draped them (2) over the rack in the oven until they were crisp.

189.2 this morning and I am going scale free for the next couple of days. Heading to KY as soon as the rest of the car is packed. We have a laptop so hopefully I'll get to check in (depends on internet access) Not looking forward to a 8 hour car trip and its getting later and later. Love my husband but he dawdles :)

scarletmeshell
05-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Have a great trip Lotsakids!

Paulitens
05-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Good morning, ladies!

Woke up today and the scale surprised me with a nice 173.4. :)

scarletmeshell
05-09-2014, 11:27 AM
179.4 today! I am really happy about this. First time I have seen a 170 somethiing. I have lost 77lbs!
What are all of your weekend plans? I know Lotsofkids is going out of town, well think she has left.
I am going to a graduation with my daughter tonight. Saturday we will run a few errands and my mom is coming over with tacos sat night and we will watch some movie. I think I will make my black bean burgers to have for myself. On sunday my mom and my daughters and I are going on a daytrip to a town about an hour away and going to a space museum. It is really hard. This is my first Mother's Day without my son.
Have a wonderful healthy weekend!

skintoskincombat
05-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I just weighed in at 191.4 this morning! So excited to finally get into the 180s! I never thought I'd enjoy this journey so much! With every pound i'm noticing new changes in my body and it's so exciting:) Also I finally fit comfortably in my size 14 work pants and my new size 14 shorts 8-) ...next step size 12....I think the 170s will bring me those.... :carrot:

Paulitens
05-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Woo hoo, scarletmeshell!!!! I am so happy for you! Doesn't it feel wonderful!?

I was 174.0 this morning. No big deal; I ate a protein bar I shouldn't have eaten last night right before gong to bed.

Welcomr to our thread, skintoskin!

scarletmeshell
05-10-2014, 10:36 AM
178.8 this morning! It is so crazy that I was stuck for so long and now loosing again. I really hope I remember this next time I get stuck.
Paulitens,you know you said you were up a little bit because of eating before you went to bed. Those small fluctuation don't bother me. What does bother me when it goes up a few pounds because of high sodium.
I used to do a lot of scale hopping because I couldn't get the same reading twice. My new scale isn't like that. Also I don't keep my scale in the bathroom anymore. I keep it in the hall and take it with me in the bathroom in the morning. I read somewhere that the humidity from the shower can damage the scale eventually which makes sense.

Paulitens
05-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Good morning, ladies! 173.8 this morning... after a crazy day of a little over eating. I went to town with my friend's husband's pork ribs. Man, they were so good and I had not eaten ribs in such a long time...! Anyhow, the damage was still minimal. Like I was telling the girls in the 170s thread, as long as I am in control instead of the food being in control of my cravings, I'll continue losing.

So anyway... yesterday I met with my best friend and we had not seen each other since mid-March or so. I had not seen her husband in months. He was very impressed with how slim I looked and I got many compliments from both of them. It made me feel very good because I wasn't really expecting my friend to make any comments on my weight (since the last thing she said about it was the oh, so snarky "why do you bother? you'll get pregnant and get fat again"). But she was very encouraging. And I posted some pictures on Facebook from a girl's night out with my friends on Thursday and many of my friends commented on how slim and pretty I look, even when the pictures were really goofy (I am abstaining from posting pictures of the "process," I want to post full-body pictures once I shed all the weight). But anyway... all this was such a boost! When my husband hugs me he calls me "skinny" and grabs me really tight; he had a gastric sleeve surgery last August and lost 120 lbs, so his tummy is not in the way anymore (neither are my 40 DDD boobs). All these things make me feel so pretty and self confident! I don't like fishing for compliments but I love it. I think that even though we're all doing this for ourselves, a word of encouragement here and there is always necessary. :)

scarletmeshell
05-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Paulitens that made me cry! All of it. I am thrilled you got compliments as you should and you and hubby are able to be closser!

Paulitens
05-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Awwww! That is so sweet, scarletmeshell! Thank you!

How is y'all's Mother's Day going? I'm indulging a bit on Mother's Day chocolates I got at church. I know I shouldn't... but... oh, well, I'm pregnant. I wasn't going to spill the beans because the first months are always the toughest ones and anything can happen to that little one, so I'm always very cautious. Other than my family and my best friend nobody else knows. I found out on 5/5, and I'm 5 weeks along. I always wait to let others know until the first trimester is over but I think that having that little nugget of knowledge helps you understand why I went to town with the ribs. LOL. It also explains all the wacky eating and lack thereof in the past days. I'll just cross my fingers that it's a healthy pregnancy like the other two and that I have another baby girl (yes, I want a Little Women house). And I'll continue eating healthy, only indulging in a few cravings here and there not to make myself miserable. I don't intend to put on much weight (5-10 lbs is fine for an obese woman, which is what I am, still... :S); I know it's possible because I only gained 5 lbs with my second pregnancy, so I'll continue keeping an eye on my calorie intake/burn, and avoiding starches and sugars, to have another healthy pregnancy.

Anyhow... for Mother's Day I got a fitbit, which is very exciting because now I will be able to exactly calculate how many calories I burn per day. Every day is a guessing game when I try to put that data into LoseIt! No more guessing now!

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful, whether you have children of your own, or you're aunties, or teachers, or moms of the heart.

lotsakids
05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Paulitens!!! congratulations!

Scarlett - rockin' the 170's

We had a very successful regional competition and we are the Regional champions! Not only that but we are back to back regional champs! We lost one game (we killed ourselves) for a record of 12-1. This competition is always the most stressful of the year because only the top 4 teams move on to the National competition.

I've decided to give myself the day off of the scale today. I did my best eating on plan but our budget put us at Micky D's a lot. I ordered my sandwich without a bun and side salad, and brought food to eat for breakfast and lunch in the cooler. Still felt awful snacky.

two people I've known for years were talking to me (at different times during the competition) and they both said they stood there for the longest time talking to me before they realized who I was :)

Yesterday after posting a picture of our team (and coach mom) on fb I got a message from another quiz coach from another region- he said he looked at the picture for a long time trying to figure out who the other quizzer was.

scarletmeshell
05-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Paulitens!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your family! I cried again! Congrats. That is wonderful news. I thought about you yesterday. We went to a barbq place last night for dinner. I ate way to much yesterday and am retaining water like crazy. Even my lips are swollen.
I made it thru the day ok. For the last 2 weeks I was missing my son so bad but my girls and my mother and I took a day trip and it was fun.
Lotsakids, Congrats Donna! So happy for your win and the compliments you got.

jennybutler357
05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Paulitens! Congratulations!! Can't believe you only gained 5lbs during your last pregnancy, that's amazing!! Well, I hope everything goes well and you get your wish to have another daughter! Will you want to know the sex before or do you like the surprise?

And well done to you lotsakids!! Sounds like you wiped the floor with the others!!!

Welcome skintoskin!!

As for me, grrrr - still at 180 after a couple weeks dancing round this number. It seems my body likes being 180 - not an ounce lost - how can this be?! But, at least I'm not gaining I guess. It's just, I'm 30 pounds from my goal - I don't want to start maintenance yet!!

Paulitens
05-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Congrats, lotsakids! What do you play?

Awwww, scarletmeshell! You're going to make ME cry! (which isn't hard at all lately, hahaha!)

Thank you, Jennybuttler! I hope I get my wish of another healthy pregnancy, not much weight gain, and a little girl at the end of it all. We do try to find out the sex of the baby because I like to plan. If we have another girl she'll be set with clothes and shoes! LOL.

Today was my official weight in day and I did not even lose 1 whole lb. But considering all that I ate last week, I'm lucky I lost 8 ounces. Hahaha! Hey, it's something!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/114/139/tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg

lotsakids
05-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Bible Quiz, every year the kids memorize books of the bible (it is a rotation over 9 years- last year was the book of Matthew, next year it will be Romans and James) This year they memorized (word for word) 1st and 2nd Thessalonians, 1st and 2nd Timothy, Titus, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John. They quiz over the material, it is very intense. Now they are studying for Nats (the questions get harder with every level) and I am trying to raise money to go! It is in Fort Lauderdale FL this year.

Paulitens
05-13-2014, 01:51 PM
That is super cool! Is it the King James version of it, or one with a more modern English? When I lived in Argentina I taught Seminary to the youth in my church and we used to have local competitions for which we had to memorize Bible verses but it was just some verses, not the whole thing. I can only imagine how tough that is!

I checked my weight this morning and the scale didn't budge. 173.4 again. I wonder if I'll make it to 172. I'm not having morning sickness yet (my morning sickness is very constant throughout the day but I don't throw up or anything, it's constant but not too bad). We shall see where this whole thing takes me, weight-wise.

scarletmeshell
05-13-2014, 07:56 PM
I have not been doing well the last few days. I miss my son so much and I have been eating to much. Tomorrow I am going to take my puppy for a walk and hopefully get back on track. I know it has to be from the sodium but I went from a 178 to 183 over night!

Llilith
05-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi Everyone! I didn't step on the scale since 5/5 and I'm 182.8 today. That's about a half pound down since I upped my calories. I thought I'd see a gain, so that's not too bad I supposed. I still want to get back to that 179 and I refuse to change my ticker dammit. LOL

scarletmeshell - {hugs} I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day, even though it was another hard first. It sounds like you had a fun weekend planned! Great job on having lost 77 pounds so far! You are amazing.

You have a puppy? I got a puppy after I lost my Mom, and I swear he gave me a reason to get up in the morning. I love that dog - way more than a person probably should. I would venture to say he is my best buddy.

Paulitens - you are just rocking it!! I'm so glad your friends noticed and you got such well deserved compliments! Yay for supportive hubby too. Tummy and boobs not being in the way is a good thing - totally conducive to FUN workouts LOL. :-)

OMG you are prego? Congratulations!!! What a Happy Mother's Day gift for you and your family!!!

lotsakids - glad your trip went well! It's so cool that the other quiz coach told you that!

Jenny - I feel your pain! I'm about 25 pounds from mine - why is this last part so hard??? But yes, not gaining is good! How many calories do you do per day?

Welcome skintoskin!

nlauah
05-14-2014, 01:14 PM
I am still here struggling to get out of the 180s

Paulitens
05-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Hi Lilith! Long time no see! Yes, finding out was the best Mother's Day present I could get! I'm just taking it easy for the first trimester, though. :) Although my FIL started to spill the beans among the family. Ugh.

I was 172.2 this morning. Crazy, what one day of working out and not eating Mother's Day candy can do to you! LOL.

scarletmeshell
05-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Hey Llilith! I was wondering where you were. I am not changing my ticker either! There is just a little over a month til the wedding!
Yes our dog died a month after my son died! So we got a puppy in Oct. He is a year old and we adopted him from the Humane Society. He is house trained and simply wonderful. My daughter and I took him for a walk today.
Paulitens, I know I said this already but I am so very happy for you and your family!!
Has anyone heard from TooWicky?
Hang in there nlauah!
Jenny, not gaining is a good thing!

Paulitens
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Happy Thursday, ladies!

I was 172.8 this morning. Boo to that! But it's still lower than last Monday, hopefully next Monday will be good. :)

scarletmeshell
05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
178.8 today, this was a crazy week. I ate to much on sunday, monday, and tuesday. Then I was back on plan and I think going thru carb withdraw. I even had a headache and on gained 5lbs, up to 183 on monday and tues. Hope I learned my lesson but probably not! I hope all of you have a good weekend!

lotsakids
05-16-2014, 12:24 PM
188 today but I've been here before... stuck

Paulitens
05-16-2014, 04:24 PM
171.6 this morning despite not working out that Little Debbie's nutty bar I ate yesterday. Ugh. I shouldn't have. It was my first whole portion of an unhealthy food since I started eating healthy. It was delicious, though. Let's just say I didn't eat it, but instead that I gave it to the baby. LOL.

We'll see if that 171.6 will stick around till Monday.

xRiotGirl
05-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm not here yet..but almost!
I feel so stuck right now, right on the edge of the 190's. It feels like this happens at the end of every decade. :yikes::faint: I'm hoping that maybe a little positive energy from this end will coax me on into the 180's once and for all. Wish me luck, pweasee!

Wannabehealthy
05-18-2014, 06:16 AM
I just want to jump in here and pretend I lost. Whaaaa! I want OUT of the 190s!!!

Paulitens
05-18-2014, 05:31 PM
I was 172.0 this morning. Wa waaa! Still hoping I will be 171-something tomorrow.

Turns out that the skinny girl from church whining about swimsuits a while back is pregnant and 2 weeks ahead of me. She's gained 15 lbs already at 8 weeks. Holy Molly! A really nasty part of me is enjoying her weight gain. But my real me is like "yeah, whatever, I'll focus on me, my baby and my health." She's a really sweet girl and I shouldn't really have mean thoughts about her weight gain. It makes me feel awful. :-/

lotsakids
05-19-2014, 09:25 AM
arghhhh.. up to 190 this morning. Not surprising - I ate too much of the good stuff- fruit. And of course too much sodium and not enough water my weekend downfall.

We had a bridal shower at church and the fruit salad (no added sugar, I made it) was stinkin' good. But fruit sugar is sugar none the less...

Paulitens
05-19-2014, 10:19 AM
171.6 this morning. I'll take it and run with it, although the first three times that I checked my weight it was 172.6 so who knows...

Anyhow... I'll just run with it! Hehe!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

jennybutler357
05-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Hey Paulitens, great to hear you and the baby are doing well! I'm sure she appreciated the nutty bar - mmmmm!!

Carol Sue and XRiotGirl - get in here now!!! You can have my place as I am going to peek into the 170s and see how that thread is doing, although I'll still pop my head in here to say hi as you're all great supporters and motivators!

Thanks Scarletmeshell, staying the same is better than gaining for sure!! I read somewhere that you're meant to lose 10% of your body weight then pause for 6 months, so I was thinking how I shouldn't be greedy as I lost way more than that already!!

Llilith, how are you doing this week? I'm sticking to 1200-1400 - the spare 200 is just in case, but I only wander into it three or so times per week. How about you? Have you adjusted your plan much, and what are you eating?

So, first my NSV - I've been noticing something similar recently, when I look in the mirror it's not quite how I remembered, but it's good news for a change, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised by my reflection - even full body!! So that kept me happy while the scale was stuck and my body refused to cooperate, but then this morning...

Finally, this week I managed to break free from the 180s and found myself at 179.2!! I was happy but then I saw that I have less than 30 pounds left to lose on my ticker, that really made all the difference - 29.2lbs seems so much less somehow...

Paulitens
05-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Congratulations, Jennybuttler! Crossing that threshold feels like a million dollars, doesn't it!?

And I agree with the mirror experience. I'm loving what I see in the mirror! Does it still need some improvement? Sure! But I'm excited to put on old clothes and see them fit right or a little more loose, even if the scale isn't showing me any love. That is all that matters: how we feel about our journey. Because if we don't love ourselves before we start, or in the process, we won't love ourselves skinny/healthy. :)

lotsakids
05-20-2014, 08:51 AM
back to 189 this morning. I am not losing, but my body is changing. Hoping that once I get over this hump I'll start losing again, but I'm not going to get upset over the stall. I figure my body is trying to catch up with the shock of losing 80+ pounds.

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Don't get discouraged and keep at it, lotsakids! Sooner or later your body will stop fighting you and will continue losing. :)

I was 171.4 this morning.

Llilith
05-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Jenny - YAY so happy for you seeing the 170s!! I know what you mean about seeing the reflection you like in the mirror, isn't it great? I know you said that the 29 pounds seem so much less - to me it seems just the opposite - it seems like there is still so far to go with my 25 pounds left. And even if I lose that 25 pounds I will still be considered overweight LOL.

I'm eating about 1450 - 1500 most days. I feel like it's kind of a copout on my part. I dunno though, we'll see what the scale says on Wednesday. I haven't been on it since last Wednesday. I still have about 25 more pounds to go til my goal weight but I feel like I'm in a maintenance mode the past few weeks. I really need to buckle down again - not sure why it's so hard lately. But really, I feel pretty great about how I look right now so it wouldn't be the worst thing if I didn't lose more. I REALLY want to see 155 though. I just need to want that more than I wants snacks. Isn't that always the case?

scarletmeshell - Not much better in this world than puppy breath! And what a fun reason to walk :-) And those damn carbs anyway - they are mean huh?

Lotsakids - I feel like my body is changing too, even though my scale numbers haven't moved much lately. I guess that's a plus :-)

Paulitens - that girl has it coming LOL! What does your doc say about losing while prego? or is the goal now to just maintain and only gain the actual baby weight? It has to be a bit tough to watch what you eat knowing you actually need a bit more now and man the cravings. but, it's all worth it I'm sure. Is your hubby so excited?

Tomorrow is weigh day. I'm scared. LOL but I will check in and fess up no matter what. We leave for Hawaii on Sunday so I won't be on much after that til I get back on 6/8.

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi Lilith! Haven't seen you in a while!!

Well, I don't know... I'm eating well; I am allowing myself to eat things I wouldn't usually eat, or that are not necessarily "light" or "diet" on occasion (fruit, a bit of candy, the ribs the other night hahaha!). I feel like I'm eating all day long! LOL. But I don't have morning sickness yet and I don't think I will (morning sickness has been very mild in the past two pregnancies, at most I just lacked appetite for certain foods and craved others). My intention is to only gain baby weight or gain very little weight (like in the last one). In my previous two pregnancies I lost weight during the first trimester so while I'm not purposefully dieting to lose weight now, it's happening because I'm eating healthy stuff (which I didn't before) and I'm feeding an extra body. I had a friend who lost a lot of weight during her first pregnancy, she didn't intend to lose weight and it was weird, it was as if her baby was consuming her stored fat. Hahaha! It would be dynamite if that happened to me but it's definitely not the goal. The goal is to gain baby weight or very little weight (under 10 lbs)

As for the doctor, this is the weirdest thing, and it might be a Texas thing: I called to make an appointment as soon as I found out and the appointment lady told me the doctor usually likes to see pregnant women after the 10th week. What the heck!? My friend who's 2 weeks ahead of me hasn't seen her doctor yet either (she's also pregnant with her third baby). It is definitely weird, but because I'm keeping it pretty hush-hush, I cannot ask around other pregnant girls about when their doctors saw them for the first time without making people suspicious.

Anyhow... That's what's up here. :)

Good luck with your weight in tomorrow!! :hug:

Llilith
05-20-2014, 03:25 PM
That almost makes me want to get pregnant - having a baby to consume my stored fat! What a diet plan LOL. It sounds like you are approaching it in a very healthy way! :):)

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 04:16 PM
I know! Wouldn't that be awesome!? I actually know a few ladies who did not gain one lb. other than baby weight (the actual belly and everything in it ;) ). I'm just taking it one day at a time. I know I'm eating more than usual and I'm still losing, so I'm okay with this. :) I hope the doctor doesn't freak out when she sees me at week 10. I think that my stomach has shrunk in the past months eating less and healthier, and now I'm fuller with less so I feel like I'm eating all day long, and I'm always full.

jennybutler357
05-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes Paulitens it was a great relief to get into the 170s, and not have that sneaking suspicion it might just be a fluke of a few ounces less than 180 waiting to come back to haunt me! Might be speaking too soon but I feel like I've come over the hump finally! Fingers crossed!

Your pregnancy plan sounds like a good one to me, and if it allows ribs and still leads to weight loss, all the better!!

It's great that we're all noticing our bodies changing, this feels very much like a big step in the right direction! That's the main thing lotsakids!!

Llilith! It's great to hear from you!!

That is true for me too about still being overweight when I get to my goal - I knew it when I set it, but I will be ok to be a little over weight-wise. A couple of women on another forum say that they've set their goal weight a little high and then they will focus more on their body fat percentage, apparently under 30% is their goal, I'm not sure if everyone should aim for that or if it depends on the person. So, although it wasn't my intention when I set my weight it seems like a good plan now. Then, I would imagine that I will lose weight but my focus will be on fat loss and building muscle.

1450-1500 is still pretty low, women are meant to eat 2000 a day so you're still eating 25% less than that.

Have a great time in Hawaii if I don't see you before you go!!! And good luck for tomorrow's weigh-in!!

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Jennybuttler -- I wish I allowed myself some ribs more often. LOL. My tummy is super full from the big chicken salad I just had for dinner, but ribs sound delicious.

lotsakids
05-21-2014, 09:17 AM
192 this morning, I know its sodium, or the moon or who knows what but it is still disapointing. I wish I had a baby fat eater too! Actually I am ready for grandchildren... now if my married kids would just get busy :) Love to do some spoiling :)

I never gained more that 15 pounds with each pregnancy most of them less and I had 9+ pound babies so I think you'll be fine Paulitens.

Llilith - you are rockin the 170's good to see you here sometimes, gives me hope.

JennyB you are doing so well.

Scarlett, I want a puppy but right now isn't the time - I have two old dogs (14 and 10- they would not agree to a puppy!) glad you have the company!

Llilith
05-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Paulitens - that's so great that your tummy has shrunk. I think thats at least half the battle. Good for you being able to munch and still lose - YAY baby!!

Jenny - old friend! we still got this huh? :-) I think it's ok for us to have a goal that is a little overweight still. I really think the charts are a bit unrealistic. Even my doctor said if I stayed this size it would be fine. I still want to get to 155, but it was cool to hear her say that.

lotsakids - LOL at baby fat eater! We all need one. haha. If only they didn't poop and need braces and college haha. Mine are grown now and I really do enjoy this time in my life. I love them so much but it's cool to have more of my me time back. Awww, pet those old dogs for me. One of the best dogs I ever had lived to be 14 - he was a newfoundland mix named Chompy. What a good boy.

So I am 182.8 AGAIN today. That is exactly what I weighed last Wednesday - so at least I have maintenance under control LOL. I really want to get under 180 before Sunday - it will just feel so good to strut onto the beach in my red bathing suit knowing I weigh less than 180 LOL. I'm kinda silly huh?

Anyway, we'll see what happens. One thing I know is that I've lost 80 pounds. Even if I gain a few on vacation it will be ok. I am going to concentrate on moderation but still enjoying myself.

I shall try to check in again before we leave and for sure when I get back on June 9.

Paulitens
05-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Yes! Enjoy the stages of life you are in right now! I was always of that mind frame: I enjoyed being single when I was single, then I got married and moved on; I am enjoying being married and raising children right now, and one day I will enjoy seeing them off to college or getting married or whatever they choose to do. Life can be really beautiful no matter what age we are or what stage we're in. It all depends on how we see things.

This morning I weighted 172.0. Kind of disappointing but then, I know I haven't been too regular in the last few days so that might have something to do. And for breakfast I indulged in a pancake-breakfast sausage corn dog kind of thing we bought for our oldest to have for breakfast. What the heck. I felt guilty afterwards but it was really good. Baby wanted it. LOL. It was only 180 calories anyway. And now I'm feeling kind of nauseous so that's not fun, and I know I should eat something but I don't know what because nothing (healthy or not) sounds right. :( Now who of all of you is missing that, huh? ;)

Llilith
05-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Yes! Enjoy the stages of life you are in right now! I was always of that mind frame: I enjoyed being single when I was single, then I got married and moved on; I am enjoying being married and raising children right now, and one day I will enjoy seeing them off to college or getting married or whatever they choose to do. Life can be really beautiful no matter what age we are or what stage we're in. It all depends on how we see things.

^^Like this x1000!!!

No guilt for 180 calorie breakfast - and you enjoyed it too so bonus! Sorry your tummy is upset, I hope that passes soon. I was very sick for my pregnancies - don't wish that on any one. Of course, some of it could have and to do with the fact that I worked in a seafood market then. Talk about morning sickness LOL.

Paulitens
05-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Oof! I could SO not do that! I don't like the smell of fish when I'm not pregnant, so I can only imagine how morning sickness can exacerbate that. Yuck! I don't have much morning sickness; just a little bit of queasiness. I don't throw up either. One time during my first pregnancy I was close to throwing up and that was it.

shirtshot
05-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi all. Weighed in at 183.4 today. :) Big surprise, too. I don't think I'll be here long, but wanted to say hi, anyway!

Oops, I seem to have posted in the wrong 180s thread!

nlauah
05-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Still lurking around here... In the 183... How much more before I hit the 170s.. I guess this week I will not be able to hit it because of the long weekend trip to Miami.. Yayyyyyy... But little guilty that I am so close but might blow it off

scarletmeshell
05-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey Everyone! I'm still stuck at 180.
Llilith hope you have a wonderful trip!

jennybutler357
05-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Yes, same from me Llilith, hope you have a great trip!! I love the image of you strutting on the beach in your red swimsuit - in that sexy number, strutting is very necessary!!

Paulitens, that breakfast sounds yum, and only 180 calories? That's good! Plus if the baby wants it, who are you to argue?! Morning sickness...ugghhhhh....I don't envy you that, even if it is just queasiness, sometimes that can be worse as there's no relief.

Still pushing on, mostly being good. I had some mega cravings yesterday for chocolate orange. I just smelled these oranges we have in the kitchen and my mind immediately jumped to choc-orange, one of my favorite choc-combos (of which there are many) and luckily I had some sachets of low calorie hot chocolate drinks in the cupboard!! I was saved!! And only 40 calories!

Paulitens
05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Okay, so all these months of doing so great and not craving any unhealthy foods and stuff? This pregnancy is killing all of it little by little. LOL. Yesterday I was feeling queasy and didn't feel like making dinner so I made some frozen pre-made lasagna for the kids while I figured out what my body felt like. Turns out it felt like lasagna. Like in the good ole days when I would only eat carbs on top of carbs on top of carbs. It's disappointing that I'm not having any healthy cravings.

So... this morning for breakfast I had two whole wheat pancakes. Two pancakes of these are 240 calories (prepared with oil, one egg, and milk), but they were humongous, so thank goodness I did not eat the whole thing. I only ate 2/3 of the whole portion, added one tablespoon of PB and 1/8 cup of sugar free maple syrup. They hit the spot, I must say! I don't like the feeling I get after eating starchy foods like this, like my body feels very heavy and lethargic. That's no bueno. But in any case... I still managed to keep my calorie budget within the norm (added to other things I ate this morning I have only consumed 550 cals to this point).

So... yeah, I don't know how I feel about craving bad stuff for the first time in months. Last night I wanted a big, thick, juicy, nasty charbroiled chicken sandwich from Carl's Jr. That was my go-to during my second pregnancy. And I craved a milkshake from a hole in the wall burger joint in my husband's hometown in Washington. So random! Anyway... I'm going to fight the cravings with healthier alternatives for as long as I can.

Today I was 172 again but honestly, I was a little backed up (if you know what I mean). Now that that's taken care of I feel I'm back on track. LOL

Paulitens
05-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Where is everybody!? ;)

I was 171.4 today. Seems like I'm back on track, whole wheat pancakes and all.

Shannonsnail
05-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Joining in....I hit 189.6 on my bday Tuesday but have been bouncing around that a bit since. My official weekly weigh day is Monday so we'll see where I am then.

Olivia7906
05-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi everyone! I'm joining in too! I should have joined this thread weeks ago when I first hit the 180's. I'm 182.50 and hoping to hit the 170's within the next 3 weeks before I leave my home state Michigan and move to Virginia! That would be a great present ;)

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Paulitens
05-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Welcome, Shannon and Olivia!

This morning I was 171.6. I think this is going to be a week of maintenance for me until I learn to tame my baby cravings. All the healthy snacks I had been eating to date are no more. Just thinking of them makes me nauseous. I am trying to figure out what it is that I am craving and how to replace it for a healthy alternative. What bothers me is that at night, right after dinner, no matter how stuffed I feel, my tummy starts rumbling as if it were full of air. And I have to eat a late night snack so that my tummy stops hurting and I can fall asleep. This didn't happen before with my previous pregnancies. I'm so confused, I really don't know how to approach a healthy pregnancy. :(

But hey! On a happier note, yesterday I decided to finish sewing a pencil skirt I had started sewing last summer. I had sewn everything but the waist and the hem; it was AWESOME to have to take it in about 4 inches around. I should take in my other clothes. But then... I could use my "fat" clothes as maternity clothes. Lol. And yes, I amalso afraid that my weight will sky rocket with the pregnancy and that I will regain the 40 lbs I've lost and that I won't have what to wear afterwards.

scarletmeshell
05-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Welcome Olivia and Shannon!
Paulitens don't be to hard on yourself! You will feel better soon and I am sure you will be back to your healthy snacks!
178.2 today. I have lost 80lbs.
I am home alone this weekend and cleaned like a crazy woman. I took some trash out and I saw a pizza delivery truck go by. I wanted to scream come back, come back! I did have turkey and mashed cauliflower and it was really good.
Hope all of you are having a good weekend.

Paulitens
05-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Hahahaha! Scarletmeshell I pictured you running down the street and waving your arms at the pizza delivery. Hahaha!

I went grocery shopping today and I bought myself stuff to make a veggie wrap. Also I felt like eating beef jerky and oranges. So I bought that too. I ate just a tiny bit of jerky (yay for me!), the veggie wrap left me feeling "burpy" and with that churning in my tummy, and I'm tempted to eat an orange, although I already ate too much fruit for the day. People say all pregnancies are different but boy is this a rude awakening for me! I don't have an appetite for anything but I'm hungry and I need to eat. I don't have morning sickness but my stomach is constantly hurting as if I hadn't put anything in it for days. And my cravings are random and short lived. :dizzy: And as of this week I don't want to go anywhere near my husband (in that particular sense) which makes me feel like crap, and I know it makes him feel even worse. :(

Anyhow...

This shall be a very long summer. Hahaha! But hey, even though the veggie wrap made me feel burpy, it was delicious!

Olivia7906
05-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Paulitens - you are bringing back so many memories of my pregnancy days lol. I also had a temporary "husband aversion" lol

So last night I had a VERY eventful trip to the bathroom lol. Needless to say, I believe it caused a very big drop on the scale. I'm down to 180.25 lbs and getting close to the 170's ;)

scarletmeshell
05-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Paulitens, To make it worse I had just showered and my hair was wet and I had on a sundress with my batwings on full glorius display!I had my puppy on a leash and a large black trashbag in the other hand. I had worked so hard all day and that pizza sounded sooooooo good! I hope your tummy feels better soon and they hubby gets happier!:D

Olivia, I know what you mean about the big bathroom. I just feel like...yes :carrot:

A NSV for me...I went to dinner with my girlfriends on friday night. One of them said "every time we see you, you just get smaller and smaller!"

Sadly, I think weight loss and grief have aged my face. I guess that is just how it goes.

Paulitens
05-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Olivia -- you made me chuckle with the "eventful trip to the bathroom" Hahahahahaha! I was having the same issue last week; gosh, I hate it! And I hate that I'm feeling so icky that I'm not eating the right things to help the problem. :/

I'm not expecting anything grand from tomorrow's weight in. And I'm kind of okay with it. I know it is because my eating has been all over the place, and I know that is because I have this little body inside of me calling the shots, and there's nothing I can do right now other than feeding it the best that my stomach allows me to. But it's too early to start gaining weight. I don't want to gain weight yet, and it's making me feel like a very selfish, awful mother. :(

Scarletmeshell -- the more detail you go into, the funnier it gets! And way to go with your NSV!!! That is AWESOME!! :hug: Feels priceless, doesn't it?

Olivia7906
05-26-2014, 08:33 AM
LOL, Paulitens, sometimes we just have to surrender to the little boss in charge lol. I did have a friend that lost 50 pounds over the course of her pregnancy. Her eating habits weren't great before pregnancy but once she found out she was pregnant, she went 100% healthy and that alone made the difference in her dropping the weight. I wish I could have followed suit...my patterns have always been gaining.

So, I dropped 1.5 lbs overnight! I weighed in at 178.75!! I'm so thrilled! Gonna find a 170's thread to hang out in. :D

Paulitens
05-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Wow! That's awesome, Olivia! I have a friend who lost about 30lbs in her first pregnancy as well. She was eating regularly before, and was not overweight, so after her pregnancy she looked better than before. And in the following two pregnancies she managed not to gain weight either. I wish. I weighted myself in this morning and I was 173. :( I was hoping to maintain the 171.4 or at least stay in that vicinity. It just doesn't sound right. I know I had a massive homemade smoothie last night, and that might have something to do with it because for most of the part I'm eating sugar free foods (except fruits). Or could've been the jerky that made me retain some water. Or the almonds I snacked on during church that are very healthy but loaded with calories. I'm kind of a t my wit's end and I really don't know how to face this pregnancy.

So... today kind of blows. :( I wish I were not watching what I eat and just let it go and pack on the pounds if it's meant to be. But I'm stubborn and I don't want to prove my friend right (the one who said "why bother losing weight if you'll gain it all back when you get pregnant?). I lost 40 lbs (well, no 39.7 -- same thing). These next months are going to be the longest of my life, and not in a good way.

Shannonsnail
05-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Happy to still be in the 180s after weighing today! I was worried! I'm on vacation now though, for a week, so it will be up when I return.

Paulitens
05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Welcome, shannon!

So yesterday after feeling sorry for myself while I posted here I decided to get it together and do what I do best: fix the problem.

http://l0lz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pull-Yourself-Together.gif

And I went online and researched calorie consumption during pregnancy. I had researched before but apparently I did it in such haste that I mixed things up and was doing everything wrong. I'm not supposed to up my calorie intake yet. That's supposed to happen in the second trimester. So whatever craving and madness goes on in my head and my tummy, I'll have to control it and keep it within my current calorie budget (1200-ish). And I did yesterday, and I summoned the balance to get on the treadmill and I walked briskly for a mile and jogged for a another mile. It felt good and I didn't get lightheaded (which was my main concern about getting on the treadmill). And this morning I'm starting new. I'm back to the saddle and I'll work around this pregnancy shenanigans.

Today I was 172.4 (only 1 lb more than last week, 1 lb less than yesterday). I'm back on track. I don't give up easily, and gosh, I HATE feeling sorry for myself and doing nothing about it.

Have an awesome Tuesday, ladies!

jennybutler357
05-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Hey everyone! Hope y'all had a good Memorial Day!!

Welcome shannon, have a great vacation!!

I was doing a challenge for 9 weeks on another forum to drop a pound a week, but sadly I only managed 6lbs, although since I've been plateauing like crazy the last few weeks it's not too bad I guess.

Yesterday I was down to 178.5, but I checked out the 170s thread before and there is nothing going on over there!! So, welcome Olivia if you decide to come back where there's a bit more life!!

Nothing to report really, same old same old!!

Around January time when I was losing more steadily I hoped to be around my goal weight before it was really into summer but it's getting super hot and stuffy here and I still have 28.5 pounds to go, and even then I'll still be overweight!! One step at a time, must remember that I'm only 15.5lbs away from 100lbs down, and that's not nothing!!

Sounds like you had a tough week lat week paulitens, I hope this week is better for you!!

Paulitens
05-27-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm in the 170s thread in the 30-somethings group. That one's active and pretty fun if you're in your 30s or that vicinity. :)

I am waiting for all these awesome ladies to move to the 170s so we all move together. :)

Thank you, Jenny. I was feeling pretty bummed yesterday but I'm the kind of person who likes to grab the bull by the horns with her own problems and I think I did. So far, so good. :) I'm still indulging in one little whole wheat pancake in the morning. You know the ad for Sneakers that says "you're not you when you're hungry"? Well, I'm not "me" when I crave carbs and don't get them. And then I become "hangry," which isn't pretty. So I'm indulging a bit a day without blowing my budget. :) And I'm back on the treadmill daily.

noshoes
05-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Just a smidge under 180 pounds, very happy with that as its so close to my goal weight.

Paulitens
05-29-2014, 03:19 PM
How's everyone doing? This place has been quiet lately. :)

jennybutler357
05-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Hey Paulitens, come on down to the 170s thread - this one has a little bit more life than the other one - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/290510-new-getting-out-170s-thread-21.html

Paulitens
05-30-2014, 01:25 PM
How are my 180s ladies!? I'm still 172.2. I'll get into the 160s soon enough.

lotsakids
05-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Hey I'm back!! Actually I've been here, but between out of town guests (one from California and my son and daughter in law from North Dakota) and fund raising to get the quiz team to Florida, Ive been a bit crazy busy. Weighed in at 188 today, which is good - now if I can only break through that to a lower weight!! I'm trying intermittant fasting so we'll see how it works out.

Shannonsnail
05-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Back from vacation and weighing just over 190 so need to get back into the 180s :-) I looked at the month and am terribly disappointed to see I actually only lost just over 2 lbs in May. I spent the entire month bouncing around 189-183 instead of steadily losing like last month....sad! On the silver lining side I have been at a 20 lb loss for almost a month so my body should be very well adjusted to that change and ready to move on, I hope.

Paulitens
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM
Glad to see you back, ladies! :)

I was 171.6. We'll see if that sticks around until (or improves by) Monday. :)

scarletmeshell
06-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Welcome Shannon and welcome back Lotsakids!
I am doing ok but really stuck weight wise, again!
Yesturday I went to a baby shower. The mom to be hasn't seen me since september. She was shocked. They had great food, veggies, fruits, dips ect. They had beautifully decorated sugar cookies. I didn't eat mine but brought it home. I ate it this morning and it made me soooooo sick to my stomach. I guess that is a good thing!
I had a goal to be 170 by june 20th, that is when I leave for a trip. I am around 178 and not going to make it!

Paulitens
06-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Even if you don't make it, you'll still be closer to it than you were a few months ago, scarletmeshell. Think about what progress you've made so far! :D The ladies at the baby shower noticed.

Today I had to teach a lesson to the ladies in my church and one of them came to me and asked me "have you been losing weight? because I remember that outfit being a lot more snug on you." And I tell them proudly how I've lost 40 lbs. I still have a long way to go. And it will probably come to a halt during the second two trimesters of my pregnancy, but I will enjoy what I've lost so far because it's a lot in my world. I've never done this before! :) It is a big deal. Let's pat ourselves in our backs for that!

scarletmeshell
06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Pauliten! Thank you so very much for what you said. You are so right. I have lost 80lbs! I am going to a conference in a few weeks. I haven't seen those people in 2 years.
How exciting for you that the lady in your class noticed. You are right, we need to be so proud of what we have done so far!

A few days ago I went to walgreens. They have mirrors close to ceiling and I saw a woman in those mirrors and was just shocked that was me!

Shannonsnail
06-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Weekly weigh in today 188.8, officially back in the 180s...yay! I was depressed about my paltry loss in May but when I checked my measurements yesterday they had all gone down since the month prior so I'm pleased :-)

Paulitens
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
171.0 this morning. Hopefully next week I'll be 170-something.

lotsakids
06-02-2014, 04:06 PM
188 today which considering its Monday isn't bad at all

nlauah
06-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Weighed in 181.5 today.. Finally managed to move past the 183lbs... Lets see If I can make it to the 170s in a week or two :)

Paulitens
06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
171.2 this morning. Two more ounces than yesterday, no big deal. :) I will continue doing my thing trusting that I'll be "170.something" next week. :)

xRiotGirl
06-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone! I made it! Fresh outta the 190's and ready to rumble!

lotsakids
06-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Still at 188 today but I went out and bought 2 new bras today. I gone from a from a tight 48 DD to a 40 DD. Somehow this means more to me than my size 14 pant. I can find a bra anywhere now :)

Paulitens
06-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Welcome, RiotGirl!! And lotsakids, I hear ya. I feel the same way. I have not yet bought any new bras but I know they've gone down a few sizes (perhaps more than my pants have) and it means a lot to me. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with my cleavage.

On a separate note, I was 169.8 this morning. I'm not going to get my hopes up, though, because I still have 4 more days till my official weight in.

lotsakids
06-04-2014, 10:10 PM
whoa Paulitens the 160's!!!!!! Whoo hooo. I was 186.6. today a new low that will probably bounce back up a little but nice to see.

Good to see you here RiotGirl!

Paulitens
06-05-2014, 09:51 AM
It was just a sneak peak; I was 170.0 this morning. It's okay, though! :) If my weight is 170 on Monday I will still have lost one lb this week.

Does it happen to you that you wake up extremely thirsty? I try to drink 16 ounces of water when I get up. I feel like I just walked in the door from a walk in the desert!

lotsakids
06-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Paulitens, yeah I wake up thirsty but I'm also diabetic and that usually means my blood sugar is out of whack!
Weight this morning 185.8 - I think I like this intermittent fasting stuff :) it seems to be shaking off the stubborn plateau I've been on.
Walked my 5 miles this morning and I am at 600 miles for the year, I even ran part of it!

nlauah
06-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Finally some more movement in the scale in the right direction.. I weighed in at 180.8. Hope I dont bounce back and keep the downward trend going :) hoping to take a small sneak peek atleast into the 170s by next week :crossed:

Paulitens
06-05-2014, 10:00 PM
That is so awesome, lotsakids! I admire people who work out. I'm a lazy bum. That's probably why I got overweight to begin with. That and my love of food, hehe!

Keeping our fingers crossed, nlauah!

Paulitens
06-06-2014, 09:40 AM
I was 171.2 this morning. A visit to the WC is way overdue, apparently.

lotsakids
06-06-2014, 01:48 PM
187 today ah well, I saw the lower number and I'll see it again. Paulitens, you'll see that lower number as well!

Paulitens
06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
I know we will. Eventually. :) Never lose hope, right?

Shannonsnail
06-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I was 171.2 this morning. A visit to the WC is way overdue, apparently.

It took me a minute to decipher WC.....but I think it's where I just visited and it was definitely long overdue, lol!

lotsakids
06-07-2014, 04:06 PM
185.6 this morning I've started intermittant fasting and it seems to be shaking stuff up.

scarletmeshell
06-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Good job nlauah!
Paulitens 160's!!!!
Lotsakids, what do you mean by intermittant fasting? When you you go to Florida?
176.8 today, this is the lowet I have been in 17 years or more. Of course I am really snacky today and sadly had to enter twizzlers into myfittnesspal!
I wore a sleeveless shirt today. Not one person seemed to be frightened!

lotsakids
06-07-2014, 09:47 PM
LOL Scarlett, we are our worst critics. You probably rocked the sleeveless shirt. We head to Florida at the end of the month. Huge fundraiser tomorrow night, a gospel concert followed by a bake sale. This means of course that my kitchen is a war zone of sugary treats waiting to attack.....

I have an eating window of 8 hours from about noon to 8 pm nothing before and nothing after. I think it is helping... we'll see.

Paulitens
06-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Shannon -- yeah, I did pay a few visits to the loo over the weekend. Didn't make much of a difference on the scale, but my body feels so much better!

scarletmeshell -- you're back! I haven't seen you in a while. Yay for being 176.8! I calculated my weight into kilos yesterday (I haven't been doing that because I'm just tracking my weight loss in lbs since it's more accurate), and I was like "Holy Molly! I'm 77.45 kilos! I'm 7 kilos away from my usual healthy weight!" Having used the metric system my whole life, saying my weight in kilos made it special. I am SO close! I like pounds because they're accurate, but seriously, it makes it look like you must lose a lot of weight instead (because 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs). Anyhow. How exciting, scarlet!

Lotsakids -- that sounds like a great change of pace! I have been trying not to snack late at night because that really affects my weight in the morning. I'll go back to it when I'm un-pregnant. Hehe! I fast for about 20-ish hours on a monthly basis for religious reasons and it does the body and the spirit so much good! It's a tough habit to form (and easy to break) but it's very healthy. I'm not doing it now because of the munchkin, obviously. :)

So the craziest thing happened to me -- last Thursday night I dreamed that I weighted myself in and I was 153, and then 160, and a series of other low and exciting numbers. That is EXACTLY what happened to me on Saturday! I hopped on the scale and it said 152. I was like "what the heck!? am I dreaming this?" so I turned on the light, and then it was 161, and a whole bunch of other low numbers. It was awesome to see those tiny little numbers (especially 152, since 154 is my main goal at this point; that was my pre-pregnancy weight with my first baby 8 years ago). My husband weighted himself and it was ok, then I weighted myself again and it was ok, yesterday was ok too and so was it today. I still think I need to change the batteries. But the whole dream thing was crazy; didn't you all get crazy dreams when you're pregnant?

Paulitens
06-09-2014, 11:38 AM
UPDATE:

I weighted myself in again after a good break from food (because I had a midnight snack last night and I know it affected my weight this morning, so I felt I needed to wait a bit to get a more accurate number), and I was 169.6! I made it to the sixties on an official weight in! Woo hoo! After a few sneak peeks in the last weeks, this comes as such a relief!

Llilith
06-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm back!! Vacation was wonderful, and I rocked that red bathing suit in honor of all of us who haven't done that in the past because of our size. Was I the thinnest girl on the beach? Surely not, but I was confident in my own skin and had a BLAST!

Gained two pounds in two weeks - I'm 184.6 today. I consider that a victory since I didn't log any calories and pretty much had whatever I wanted to eat.
Too many calories from tropical drinks too! I was sure that I'd be over 200 when I got back LOL.

It's my first day back at work so pretty busy - I have just skimmed the posts while I was away but it seems like everyone is doing well. I'm sure glad you all didn't move to a new thread without me. :-)

Here's my beach pic:
http://i57.tinypic.com/24fmnn9.jpg

lotsakids
06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Llilith!! as my daughter would say... "totes adorbs" You are rockin' that red swimsuit!! Glad you had such a good time and left your cares behind. sometimes I think that's the best weight loss :)

Paulitens! congrats on getting (officially) into the 160's

185.6 for me today (and on a Monday) I walked my 5 miles already and now have to tackle my dirty house. We had a quiz fundraiser yesterday and made over 400 dollars in donations! Great concert with some great musicians (including my beautiful daughters :) )

Paulitens
06-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Lilith -- you're back! I LOVE YOUR SWIMSUIT! I've seen some vintage-inspired swimsuits like that one at the Walmart page (they get crazy awesome reviews and the prices are... well... Walmart prices, pretty much unbeatable) and I can't wait to get my hands on one of them. The pretty ones with polka dots are all gone in my size, though. :(

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Slimming-Shirred-Halter-One-Piece-Swimsuit/29507937

I leave you the link in case you ladies are interested. :)

You did a great job keeping the weight off, Lilith. It's very impressive! Congrats! And no, I'm not going anywhere until y'all going to the 170s. Even though I'm in the 160s now. LOL. You were my first support group, and I'll stick with you. :)

Thank you, Lotsakids! 5 miles is a lot! Great job!

lotsakids
06-10-2014, 08:21 AM
185 on the dot today.

xRiotGirl
06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I just had a good 4 or 5 days of eating out and eating way over my calorie goal, yikes. Feelin' a little heavy and lethargic now, but I know I just need to get my butt back in gear and start saying no to bad foods for a while. My real struggle is with working out. I hurt my shoulder about a month ago (possibly longer) and since I stopped working out to heal, I haven't gotten back into it again. It's so hard to get back into it :(

Sounds like everyone is having many successes! That's what I like to see. :D

Paulitens
06-10-2014, 01:22 PM
That stinks, RiotGirl! Have you thought about jogging or doing some other work out that would not involve your arms/shoulders?

Well, I was 170.4 this morning. Totally normal; my Tuesday weight ins are usually a few ounces over what my official Monday weight ins are. PLUS (big plus here), last night I broke the "diet" (gosh I hate that word) big time and let the baby indulge in some yummy pizza, cheese sticks, and a chocolate chip cookie. ZERO regrets, though. Hehehe! I know one day a week, or every other week won't throw my "diet." So I enjoyed my pizza through and through. :) Seriously, if there was one thing that I craved since I began eating healthy (and got intensified with the pregnancy) was eating pizza.

And today I'm back to the saddle.

Llilith
06-10-2014, 04:06 PM
lotsakids - thanks, it felt really great! You walked five miles - wowza!! Congrats on your 185! :)

Pualitens - thanks! I really love that suit, got it at Modcloth. You are disappearing before our eyes - under 170? YOU GO GIRL. That's one hungry baby you got there haha :) Getting back on track is the most important thing - good for you!

xRiotGirl - I take a water pill and drink a ton of water when I have some bad days, it seems to help. :) Bummer about your shoulder - maybe you can just do some walking or squats that don't require much shoulder movement?

183 today - so I guess most of what I gained on vaca was water, since I was 182.8 when I left. I'm back on track with my exercising too - something I didn't do while I was away. 50 squats, 1 min plank, and some arm weight work. I'm gonna keep it short and simple like that - so I don't get discouraged. A small amount of exercise I can commit too is doable for me. :-) Also, I promised the pug and the frug that I would walk them every day, even if it's just around the block.

Oh hey I meant to tell you guys, I did a HIKE while we were in Hawaii - to a waterfall. It was so wonderful to be able to do that. It was only a intermediate/beginner type hike, but it involved some climbing and slippery trails, and I did it!! There were a couple of times I didn't think I'd make it but hubby helped me through the tough spots and we did it. I'm so glad. Oh, and traveling on the plane was so much easier this time!!

Paulitens
06-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Lilith -- it's funny that you mention ModCloth because after I made my comment and shared the link I checked out ModCloth. I love their clothes! But they're out of my budget unfortunately. :(

I wish I was disappearing. It took a while to get out of the 170s.

You went on a hike to a waterfall!? Double score! Hiking without dying and waterfalls! I love waterfalls. :) Will you share pictures with us? I won't be leaving anywhere this summer. I need a proxy vacation, hahaha!

lotsakids
06-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Still 185 today and I'm catching a cold. I walked 5 miles on the treadmill today and it just about did me in. I'm doing the 1000 mile challenge on the chick for a challenge board and I am at 625 for the year. I have 4 outside routes that I take that are all 5 mile walks. Today it is pouring (which is good because we've been under a high fire danger because it was so dry) so I had to hit the treadmill. Boring, but done.

Llilith
06-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Paulitens - I know, Modcloth is expensive. That suit was a splurge for sure, but at least I had a coupon :P. I just uploaded some photos - you can check out the album here - http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Kim_Lund/library/Makaha The hike was through a bamboo rainforest - it was too pretty for pictures but we captured what we could. :-)

lotsakids - It's cause you have lotsakids that you are getting a cold. They are little germ factories I tell ya! Just kidding - I hope it is a mild one and that you feel better soon. 1000 miles???? WOWZA. That's amazing, and you are already more than half done!!

I'm 182.4 today - back to a little less than before vacation. 170's here I come (again!)

lotsakids
06-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Feeling so crappy this morning! Woke up to a sore throat and a cough and my kids aren't even little germ magnets anymore. I have too much to do today to deal with this. 184.4 this morning, probably cuz I'm sick!

Llilith
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
:( Lotsakids. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sending you some virtual chicken soup and positive thoughts for a quick recovery. I absolutely hate being sick. Sucks so much. I hope you get time to take care of yourself and rest a bit.

Paulitens
06-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Lilith -- what a paradise! Thank you for sharing your pictures! And yay for coupons! What a score.

Lotsakids -- I'm sorry about that. I've been stuffy these last two days too; it's no fun, especially in summer! :hugs:

Last night/this morning I had a big little victory: My husband got me a milkshake from Sonic and while I asked him to get me a little one, he got a big one so I could eat some later if I felt like it. I panicked. I told him that knowing myself I'd eat it all last night. I did not.
I felt so accomplished that I was able to stop when I felt it was necessary! What a great feeling. :) And then this morning that self control paid off because I was 168.8. :D

And yesterday I heard my baby's heart beats for the first time (today I'm starting week 10), and talked with the doctor about not wishing to gain unnecessary weight during the pregnancy and she was okay.

lotsakids
06-13-2014, 12:56 PM
awwwww Paulitens, so good you got to hear the baby!!!

Still sick today, actually sicker today and my weight is up to 185. No workout yesterday and probably not today either.

Llilith
06-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Yay for your great self control Paulitens! And, you know he is right the baby might want some later haha. Heartbeat! I remember that - it's so special. :)

lotsakids - darn cold. Take it easy :(

I didn't weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I was 182.4 - less than pre vacation so I'm happy. Slow but surely, I'm gonna get there!

My daughter's college graduation is this Sunday and her wedding is the following Sunday. Fun times ahead - but its all a little bittersweet. Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna walk her down the aisle and not be too emotional. She picked such a wonderful guy - so that's not it. It's just that this is totally the end of her childhood (she's 24 LOL so it's already over but still…).

scarletmeshell
06-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Llilith! You look so wonderful in your red suit! Love it, love it, love it! I thought about you often and wondered how your trip was going! I am excited to see wedding pictures too!
Lotsakids, Donna, I hope you are feeling much better.
Paulitens, congrats on the milkshake control. Most of the time I am to scared to try it. I am so happy for you about your baby on the way! Great job about being in the 160s!
XRiotGirl, I hear you about the eating out. The sodium kills me.
I have been really busy getting ready for my trip and trying to get ahead on my class. Right now my class is all about an ancient Roman port called Portus. It is really interesting, more about archeaology than I ever thought I would learn. My weight has been hanging around 176.
I am nervous about my trip eating wise. They always feed us really well at this conference. I am brining snacks I can have.

Paulitens
06-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Little NSV today! I finally got around buying myself a bra, so I went to Lane Bryant to get fitted and shop. The shopping experience was nothing short of Kafkaesque -- there were three employees, they were all "busy" with something but the actual waiting clients, or they'd all be at the cash registers, keeping me waiting (hello! Mind keeping at least one employee to take care of the floor? Geez). And then when they finally got around to assist me, if they could find the size, they couldn't find the style, if they could find the style, they couldn't find the color, if they could find the color, they couldn't find the size... it was nightmarish. And what one girl knew, the other didn't so it was like trying to put together the pieces of a crazy puzzle. At some point I was ready to buy an overpriced bra I didn't really like, and order another online to be shipped home (which I didn't want to do, I wanted to walk out with two white/tan bras, period). So when I was ready to buy something I didn't really like, I told one of the two girls who assisted me which bra I was going to order online; she said "that one? we have that one in white and tan." I almost killed someone. But I was too happy to kill someone at that point.

What an awful, horrible experience! I stayed there for 2 hours to almost leave empty handed.

You're wondering what the NSV is though. It's that I went from a 40DDD to a 36DDD. Holy guacamole! My husband is ecstatic that the girls stayed their usual size; they just swam in my old bras because the back strap was too big. I knew I had lost weight in my back, but this sweet confirmation made the whole craziness at Lane Bryant almost worth it.

And now the girls is up where they belong. Feels awesome. And a bit constricting. I felt better in 38DDD but I know bras stretch.

scarletmeshell
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Paulitens, yes I was wondering what the NSV was in all of that. I hate bra shopping! I need to get some new ones but am holding out as long as possible. I got some out to pack and one has an underwire sticking out! I will have to break down and buy some when I get back from my trip.
176 today.

Paulitens
06-14-2014, 11:57 AM
I know... I was saving the NSV for last. Hehehe!

As much as I hate bra shopping, I always make a point to spend a decent amount of money on my bras. I always had big boobs, and growing up in the 90s, in a country that takes fashion trends very seriously, being the chesty girl (and I'm talking about 36C as "big" for a teenager back then in Argentina; as you can see, I wasn't that big) was unpopular and I was made fun of by my peers on a regular basis. I hated having big boobs, I hated that no bra would have enough support, I hated that the bras that would support my boobs were the "traffic cone" kind that in my mind scream "old lady." It was traumatizing. And then I discovered lingerie stores with more variety but, of course, higher prices. So I learned to break my piggy bank just for the sake of good support. Still the quality and variety of bras in Argentina pales in comparison to what we can find here. I used to buy at VS until I outgrew their bras; they're overpriced and just... pretty, but not made for big ahemkindasaggy boobs. They're made for young, small, and perky boobs. So when I am too small for Lane Bryant (which will be next because they don't make any smaller than 36) I will be at a loss. :(

On a more positive news, I was 168.8 this morning. Still hanging in the sixties...

Paulitens
06-14-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm making a slideshow of my progress and it never really hit me how fat I used to be until I saw these pictures of "before:"

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/PaulaLavine/317cea56-d8ad-45fa-a982-d0c89d91e406.jpg

Compared to "after" (the most current one):

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/PaulaLavine/819b953f-87cb-498f-afb1-012cebecbf97.jpg

scarletmeshell
06-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Paulitens, I love the pictures! Your hard work has really paid off!
174.0 today.

Paulitens
06-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Thank you scarletmeshell! I still don't believe I was that big! In my mind I have always been 154, what my usual adult weight was.

I was 168.6 this morning; considering all the splurging I did last week, it's still a little bit of a miracle that I lost one lb. I officially lost 40 lbs to date! I won't complain, and I won't look back, hehe!

hamlette
06-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Great pictures Paulitens!!! you've done an amazing job! :)

lotsakids
06-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Paulitens you look great!!

Better today, walked 5 miles and weight was 184 this morning.

Llilith
06-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Paulitens - woo freaking hoo! That is amazing, congrats on keeping the girls while you are losing, too. :):) I was thinking the NSV was going to be that you put those sales girls out of their misery LMAO. Maybe you need to check out a different store next time? You've graduated from Lane Bryant!! I heard Soma has some really nice bras - better than Victoria's Secret. They are expensive but, like you said, good support is worth the extra $$. But if you still do Lane Bryant in the future, we always have coupons for online shopping there at my work. http://www.fatwallet.com/Lane-Bryant-coupons/

OMG that slideshow!!! You look amazing. It is so great to see your progress lined out like that isn't it?? You have come so far. :):) It looks like the same thing happened to you, that happened to me - I was so happy when my chest was bigger than my tummy LOL.

Scarlet - I love bra shopping now! Your trip is coming up, nice! I hope you guys have a great time.

Paulitens - I'm glad you are feeling better! Yay for being back to your five miles!

Well, I'm kinda sucking it up. I am 186 this morning. :(:(. That's up from 182.4 on Friday. WTF? Well, I know WTF - my husband made beef jerky (my daughter requested THAT for a graduation present LOL - what can I say, he makes good jerky and she loves it!). It's VERY salty and I ate a bunch of it on Saturday and Sunday. I don't think the salt would cause that much weight gain though, so I think it may be some vacation pounds that are catching up with me. I don't know why but they have to go. I readjusted my calorie budget to 1300 and I am drinking a ton of water today. It's a new day.

The wedding is in 6 days, and I'm a little ashamed that I haven't made my goal for that. I need to dump this water (if that is what it is!) so I don't feel bloated then.

Paulitens
06-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Lilith - Beef jerky is the best and the worst into one food. It's so good but, hello water retention! When I went out of whack upon finding out I was pregnant, I felt like having jerky and boy did I pay dearly for it! I gained two lbs that week. One went away really fast because it was water, but still.

Thank you for the nice words ladies! I feel great, and I feel that this is just a sneak peak of better things to come! I do wish my boobs got smaller, though. LOL. People (men) think that because you have big boobs they have the right to look at them. :(

I was 169.6 again this morning; I always bounce back to last week's weight on Tuesdays. Crazy.

Llilith
06-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Paulitens - if they are looking too close, just turn real fast and knock em out with them LOLOLOL

kurisitaru
06-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Hello Ladies! I just escaped the 190s thread! I'm hoping I have a short stay in this thread, but certainly long enough to get to know everyone!

lotsakids
06-18-2014, 12:11 AM
this day is almost over and I just got in here, been getting an error message all day. I was 182.4 this morning, I expect it will bump up a little but it was a nice number! Our power was out all morning because of thunder storms, and more coming in tonight. Had to walk on the treadmill today, 5 miles.

Paulitens
06-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Lilith -- no kidding! LOL

Welcome to our humble thread, Kurisitaru! You can stay all you want. I'm in the 160s and I'm not leaving until my ladies leave. :) I just like hanging out with them here.

Lotsakids -- you're so close to the 170s!!! Congratulations!!

Today my FIL wanted to treat us to pizza for dinner and although I never say no to pizza (especially now that all I seem to crave are carbs), I went with a Caesar salad. I'm very proud of myself.

kurisitaru
06-18-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm a treadmill person as well. I'm doing the C25K and I seem to do better on the treadmill because I can do it indoors with AC/fan, I can set a speed and keep it, I can blast music (ear buds or headset seems to wiggle free when I run) and I don't feel like people are watching and/or judging me. I just go to my little room and can run. It's nice. So far, I go 1-2 miles. I'm on week 2 for the C25K, I'm happy I'm doing it.

Llilith
06-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi Kurisitaru - welcome!! That's so cool you can do that long on the treadmill. Great exercise!

lotsakids - wow nice, 182.4 - go YOU! :-)

Paulitens - that's crazy cool willpower! Good for you!!

So, I was right about the salt from the jerky - I'm down 3 pounds from yesterday - so it must have been water. 183 on the dot today.

My weight loss buddy at work and I are really struggling lately with staying on track. So, yesterday we decided we'd email each other our food logs every day for a week or so. It really helped me already. I was a little over at the end of the day - and something about knowing I'd have to be super accountable made me work extra hard. I got out the stationary bike and worked off the over calories. Win!! I also resisted a second portion at dinner, because it was top of mind that someone would be looking at my progress in the morning.

My daughter's wedding is in 4 days! I really want to be under 180 again.

kurisitaru
06-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Lilith: Weight loss buddies are always good. It does help you be more accountable. My Fiance is helpful because he's great when I'm doing good, so supportive, and when I want to cheat, I think of how he'll be sad for me. He's lost a lot of weight himself (and currently can't lose more do to a medical issue, but will hopefully be able to exercise again soon). Good luck getting under 180 for the wedding! 4 days, but you can do it!

I ran yesterday again, and I did great! It's starting to be less painfull and I actually am starting to WANT to run. Like, I get excited about it. I use to be freaked out or just would picture the pain of it, now I'm like "I want to go for a run, I need a break from studying."

I'm also studying for CPA exams (4 really tough exams for accounting, think "bar" for lawyers = CPA for accountants). It's rough, pass rates are low, and I'm starting to stress. I'm glad I started running, as I honestly think it's helping. I've also been going to Starbucks to study, (less distracting) and been ordering Green tea with NOTHING in it! BOOM! I use to feel I needed a latte (particularly the white chocolate with peppermint) when I was stressed and so far, only green tea or iced coffee. It feels good, and made me realize this is totally doable on the long term.

lotsakids
06-18-2014, 07:07 PM
yeah, I knew it wouldn't stay LOL! This morning 185. Why? Who knows but I did 5 miles of Leslie Sansone today. Hoping to get outside for my walk again, it is a peaceful quiet time for me.

Llilith - you can do it.

Kurisitar - welcome to the 180's

Paulitens :) aww shucks you are so nice to wait for us.

Llilith
06-19-2014, 12:22 PM
kurisitaru - Wow you have a lot going on - it's cool that you can get through stress now without extra calories!! That's a big accomplishment. And, wanting to run? YAY! I don't run but I feel that way about may daily exercise routine too. Sometimes my body just says "hey, it's time to MOVE". That never used to happen to me.

lotsakids - what is Leslie Sansone? Maybe it's water from muscle you are building with all that walking! Thanks for the encouragement - I'm giving it a good try!

Paulitens - yeah, I'm glad you are hanging around. I like our little group. :-)

So, 182 today - more water is leaving YAY! I was putting up pics from my daughter's college graduation last weekend and saw the ones from my youngest daughter's HS graduation last year. WOW, the contrast is stunning from last year to this.

The first pic below is June 2013, the second one is June 2014:
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb442/Kim_Lund/gradbeforeandafter.png

lotsakids
06-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Lilith: Wow Wow Wow, what a difference! Love it! Leslie Sansone does the walk at home dvd's you can find some of the walks online. Saves me when it is too whatever to go walking outside. I spent the winter here doing either doing a Leslie dvd or walking on the treadmill.

Kurisitaru: good for you running on the treadmill, mine is wonky and shuts off if I push it past 3.8 mph and to have it that high I have to have the elevation set to 7 or 8. As a new treadmill is NOT in the budget I have to baby mine :) Its great that you have a fitness partner too. I have a face book page of my friends and we all post what we've done for the day. Its a little less anonymous than 3FC but very motivating.

Today I am at 183.4 so headed back down I hope!

Llilith
06-19-2014, 03:22 PM
lotsakids - Thanks! I never knew such a thing existed as walk at home dvd - very cool. I'm gonna check them out.

Paulitens
06-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Lilith you look amazing! And you're beautiful. :)

Lotsakids -- of course I'll wait for y'all! I love hanging out with you!

Yesterday my eating was all over the place so I stopped counting. It went from Caesar salad-eating, to a berry sundae, a few sips of Sprite, to two donuts and cookies. Yes. Bad. I had craved donuts for a long time so I thought "Eh, since I already spoiled my calorie budget with that sundae, might as well make this my splurge day and then go back to normal tomorrow." And today I'm back to the saddle, and the damage was only 2 more ounces than yesterday (169.8).

Llilith
06-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Paulitens - thanks very much :-) I'm jealous of your donuts - I LOVE me some donuts! Good for you getting back on track. Remember the days when one screwed up day would mean you stopped the plan altogether (I sure do! - glad I'm past that and you are too, if you ever did it.)

Paulitens
06-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Don't be jealous of my donuts. I was up yet 4 more ounces, bouncing back to the 170s. :( Yesterday I had a pretty good day food-wise and physical activity-wise, but my daughters woke up in the middle of the night, and then I couldn't go back to sleep because my stomach felt really empty; I decided to get up and snack a bit to make the pain go away. It did, and eventually I fell back asleep, but that middle of the night snack made my weight go up this morning because I didn't give my body a proper break from food.

I'm not giving up, but I'm feeling very disappointed in myself for not trying hard enough to stay on track. :( I'll keep trying today.

Llilith
06-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Paulitens - Don't be too hard on yourself! You need a few extra calories now anyway! You've done really well and you are continuing to do well even with the bambino on board now. :-)

I'm 181 today - that water weight is coming off YAY! Wedding is in two days!

kurisitaru
06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Llilith You look so different in those pictures! Amazing, truly! It's also a great accomplishment that your daughter graduated college! I just graduated last month from mine! WHEW! Feels great!

lotsakids Treadmill sounds like a serious pain. I'm glad mine isn't so bad, it's actually great. I can plug my iphone in and run the "C25K" app along with music and I'll blast the music while I run. I hate running outdoors, during the day it is far too Hot, and at night is too scary, I just hear horror stories in the Denver area, no thank you. I can't imagine if my treadmill stopped going fast, would really suck.

Paulitens At least you'll get back on track, like what Lilith said. I remember so many time when I screwed up the diet by eating 1 cookie or something, then deciding "I'll just start tomorrow, better enjoy today!" And then eat EVERYTHING, then the next day, same story. Or "I'll start Monday... I'll start... on the 1st" etc. Now, we screw up, we accept that, and try harder THAT day that moment.

I gained a lb and was back at 190 yesterday morning. I was really down about it, but I remembered why I'm doing this and that eating right and exercising makes me feel better. So I told myself that the lb was nothing, maybe food or water weight. I weighed myself this morning and back to 188.6! Loss! It was clearly water weight or a food baby of some sort. Hurrah! I'm glad I didn't let me get down too much. Before when I would lose weight, I would lose 5lbs or more, then gain, and then fall apart, especially if the gain stuck around or no drop happened. I'm not doing that again! I can't do it anymore, even if I don't lose, at least I won't get bigger.

Calbeslim
06-21-2014, 02:11 AM
hi Everyone! Can I join? I've been stuck in the 185-190 range the last month and I am SO annoyed and frustrated. Name is Cal!

Llilith
06-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Kuri - congrats on your graduation and for not letting the one pound gain derail you. For me, that's what is different this time - staying on track even amidst the challenges.

Calbeslim - welcome! I hear you about being a little stuck. I've lost the same five pounds for about two months now. Keep going! It will come off - and you can hang with us while it does ��

I'm 180.6 today - so close to the 179 I want for the wedding tomorrow. Yay for getting rid of that water weight. No more jerky for me for awhile!

Yesterday I tried on my dress with the shaper I plan to where and I was really happy. I didn't feel critical at all, just thought "wow, you look kickas$!" That's new for me. I'm excited for the wedding and not feeling bad about my appearance at all. In the past this kind of event would come up and I'd be beating myself up cause I'd never lost the weight I promised myself I would.

This month markes one year since I've been on this healthy journey! I guess that qualifies as a lifestyle change even ��

82 pounds lost = 328 sticks of butter! Woohoo. Maybe you guys want to post up how much you've lost so far and we can find how much we've lost in comparable weight. Maybe we've lost a small elephant altogether haha.

http://vickovs81.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/butter-mound.jpg

kurisitaru
06-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Calbeslim Of course you can join! Welcome to the group, I just joined a few days ago. Hopefully no one will be stuck here too long!

Llilith: I've only list 4 lbs so far, but I also started (for maybe the millionth time) about 2 weeks ago. 4lbs in 2 weeks, pretty awesome.

How much does an approximate wedding cost? I just got engaged about a week ago and we decided to get married in August or September of 2015. I have a large family, he has a decent sized family + our friends = about 75 people. I can afford a decent sized wedding, but I'm just curious about approximate prices so I can start setting a realistic budget. The venue I absolutely love (a Winery / Vineyard that my fiance and I went to together about a year ago) is available for weddings and I LOVE the idea of getting married at a winery or vineyard. Of course, I'm not set on anything. The only thing for certain is it will be next year, in the fall, in Denver (Or right outside of Denver), approximately 75 people, and we won't be married in a church. What prices can I expect? I am shopping around for venue's so I can reserve one ASAP and not have to stress about that at all. Most require a deposit. I'm just curious from anyone else's experience, if anyone has darling ideas, ideas on how to save money. I'm not against making my own place settings, crafting is fun, and saving money for the honey moon is even more fun!

We're planning on a Honey moon in Greece. ^0^ I'm very excited about that! Also, best thing, if I lose 1lb per week on average, by the time of my wedding I could be only 10lbs away from goal! I could probably kill those ten lbs (and any wedding and Greece Gain) by New Years of 2016!

Calbeslim
06-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Lilith, Oh my god!!!! 82 lbs?? Congratulations!!! That is magnificent and thanks for amplifying it even more with those sticks of butter ! craziness.

So far have Lost 41 lbs!

Kurisitaru hello! yes! I hope we get out of here.

And congrats for getting engaged ahhh! I'd love to hear about this too, I'm not engaged or married (yet! bf and I have been talking about it but not now maybe 4-5 years haha) so I have no input, but would love to hear about it! Kuri, do share with us as the planning goes on I love to hear about it.

GREECE IS A FANTASTIC HONEYMOON PLACE!! Funny cause I totally want a destination wedding and Greece is it. Honeymoon would be fantastic for you!

Paulitens
06-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Lilith -- I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself, but I'm only 11 weeks pregnant; my baby's an inch long, I don't really HAVE to put on weight yet. I must do that in the next two trimesters. I'm really frustrated that the "visits" have influenced our eating habits so much. The other day they went out and left my family and I alone for the evening; I made us our good ol' dinners (different for each member of the family; I know it sounds crazy but it's what fits our dietary needs and that's SO out the window when my MIL volunteers to cook one meal to suit everyone... which doesn't, really). Anyway... I'm feeling a bit down in the whole diet department, and I'm not feeling pretty. I just feel stagnant and frustrated. :( This morning the scale was between 169.8-170.0 even after I had two great days yesterday and the day before. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weight in.

I liked the 80 lbs of butter! LOL. I looked for 40 lbs of bread or something (since bread is my big downfall) but I couldn't find any decent picture.

Kurisitaru -- congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry I have no idea about wedding costs; I got married a while ago and not here in the States. Greece sounds wonderful! We have been wishing to go to Greece for our 10th anniversary since forever. That would be next year and I highly doubt it will happen but we keep on dreaming! :)

kurisitaru
06-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Paulitens Awe! I didn't know you were pregnant! That's so darling! Congrats. It must be even more hard to lose weight when you're pregnant. You should feel beautiful, even if you gain weight, you should feel it. You've lost 40 which is awesome, and you're about to have a baby!

Calbeslim 41lbs is awesome. I just started 16 days ago (according to MFP) so I have a while to match that. Almost a year if I do it right! Congrats! You may have to tell your Boyfriend what you want if you're tired of talking, if your in no rush, then no worries. I pretty much did the proposal with my Fiance. In fact... I kind of proposed 3x. He almost died of a heart virus earlier this year, so when he was all drugged up and I was all emotional, I asked him if he wanted to get married. He was drugged up and was like "Yeah... yeah... marriage... we should... HEY! Don't ask me that when I can't think!" Which was cute. I didn't ask again until he went back to the ICU a month later and was back in critical. I told him again I wanted to marry him, that he had to live and then spend the rest of his life with me, he didn't respond. After he was released for a while, we went to walk our dog and I brought it up again, told him about how he never answered when I asked if he wanted to get married, and he told me he didn't think I was serious. So I said "Do I need to get down on one knee or something?" He just laughed and kept walking. Then FINALLY a week after that, he took me to a mystery dinner party and when we got home, he told me I was beautiful, wonderful, and that he did want to marry me. YAY! Finally!

I'll certainly let everyone know about prices. I don't have a ring yet as my Fiance knows me far too well and thought I would want to pick out the ring I would wear for the rest of my life. All he knew was white gold and the main stone couldn't be a diamond (as I'm not a fan). Looks like I'll be getting a sapphire with diamond trillions on the side on white gold! Very lovely. Will take 6-8 weeks. I went for smaller gems as I wanted to save more money for Greece! May have to make the wedding smaller as well, really want the Greece to happen!

Calbeslim
06-22-2014, 06:42 PM
omg Kurisitaru, that is so heart felt! I am glad it worked out.Is he better now? may you two live long happy lives together! how long have you two been together? And who is doing most of the planning? You and him? Or mostly you?

As for the ring you guys going ring shopping? i totally know what you mean though, my bf got me a promise ring but only after we both went shopping for it because we both have the same particular taste. So we both had to agree on it haha. For your ring 6-8 weeks to get it made? EEE thisis so exciting love listneing to this. I say if GReece is a definite must the wedding has to be small which is fine. Close friends and family. Then go to Greece. Then if you want have a bigger just dinner reception for the rest after.

kurisitaru
06-22-2014, 08:38 PM
He is better. They're aren't 100% What's wrong with him. We started dating 2 years ago (when we met). 6 months after we started dating, he started having weird health issues. The doctors can't seem to figure out what is going on. He's doing better now though, but it seems like things happen at random, he'll be fine for months, then suddenly we're at the ER or ICU. The doctors have him more stable this time, and are confident they have a better idea. I want him to live a looooong time, and it seems like it should be ok.

We went ring shopping! It's getting made, takes them a while, apparently I'm picky and didn't want any of the rings they had, finally I found a mesh of rings I liked. So, we go it designed. Very exciting. Of course, I'll probably do most the planning. Steve is really "I could care less, whatever makes you happy" kind of guy. Which can be a tad annoying. He tells me if I need him to do something, to tell him. So, I told him to start filling out paper work for passports. XD

A promise ring is sweet! 5 years? You should tell him you want to be engaged! That would be sweet, we could bounce wedding ideas back and forth!

Paulitens
06-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Kurisitaru -- It's crazy, because with my second baby I felt stunning throughout. I was almost at my highest weight (in the 190s), when I got pregnant and I didn't gain much weight so I felt amazing. With this one I have my good days and my bad days. Today I felt ugly even though I received many compliments at church. I'm not showing and I haven't announced it publicly to friends so people just assume I'm not pregnant and I'm looking good. But today I didn't feel it. :(

Tomorrow's weight in is going to be miserable but hopefully this week I'll get back on track. I'll start by going back to omelettes for breakfast instead of whole wheat pancakes.

Paulitens
06-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Well, in today's weight in I found out I was pretty much what I expected: up a pound. So this week I'm 169.6.

And eliminated the whole wheat pancake I have in the morning, replaced it for a two-egg sweet omelette and a whole wheat toast (less carbs than the pancake), with peanut butter and sugar free jelly. I'll stick to my healthy eating this week and hope to see a change.

Llilith
06-23-2014, 01:20 PM
kuri - wedding costs can vary so much, depends on how casual or fancy and how many guests. My daughter had about 80 guests and a buffet dinner with the ceremony and the reception at the same venue was about $5000. But it really depends on what you want and how you want it to be. Greece sounds like an awesome honeymoon place!! My husband and I did a very small wedding, so we'd have more to spend for our honeymoon in Hawaii. I think it was a great choice. :-)

Paulitens - I love bread too dammit! Don't be too hard on yourself. I'd focus on being healthy and feeling good if I were you. You are conscious of not overdoing it which is a really good thing - and you will do just fine. Really, just worry about being healthy and getting exercise - the rest will fall into place. It's a whole different ballgame when you are creating life LOL.

So… my daughter is MARRIED! The wedding was so wonderful. I will post some pictures when the photographer has them ready. :-) I felt so great walking her down the aisle feeling healthy and beautiful.

I didn't weight myself on the day of the wedding, cause I didn't want any negative thoughts. I was 180.6 on Saturday though, so 179 may have been true on Sunday. LOL. ;).

I also didn't weight myself today, since I had quite a bit of wine and I know I'm retaining some water. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I figure I deserved that wedding cake too. But I danced a lot. That's good exercise and it felt great! My ex husband was there and it was pretty great to be 80 pounds lighter. He copped a little feel during family photos @@ jerk. But whatever - sucks to be him. His new wife is 6 years younger than me but she has some really hard miles if you know what I mean - she looks at least five years older. That's mean - but I can't resist gloating a little. The photographer agreed with me when I joked that I'd 'upgraded' with my now hubby haha.

Paulitens
06-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Lilith -- Congratulations on becoming the mother of the bride!! Is this your first child getting married? Share pictures with us!! :) I bet you all looked stunning!

About the weight situation... consciously I know that what you're telling me is the right thing to do, I'm just having a hard time keeping things healthy. I mean, when those cravings hit all my "conscious healthy eating" is out the window! LOL All my splurges last week were crazy unhealthy and it's my fault. I think last night I had this ah-ha moment in which I realized that cravings are all psychological, and that being pregnant does not change that fact, and being pregnant does not change the fact that I, my mind, has control over it like it has in the past months before I got pregnant. You know what I mean? Our minds are powerful little things. I have done a great job in the past controlling my cravings and my crazy appetites, but for some reason I thought I'd be excused just because I was pregnant and started to slowly give in to unhealthy foods. Well, no, I'm not. I'm not excused. Maybe once in a while in my third trimester but not quite yet. So here I am, making these little realizations and hoping that they'll stick and that my mind continues to have conscious control over my cravings.

xRiotGirl
06-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh gosh, I've missed a lot. I check in here once I hit the 180's and then my personal life swallowed me whole, so I haven't really been back with any updates OR been here to see your updates! Well, my latest weigh in put me at 185, halfway out! And then I took a 4 day vacation. I'll be weighing in sometime in the next few days, not sure how soon I want to take that plunge, and then I'll have the result of how much I've gained back hehe.

Hope everyone is having a nice start to their summer! :)

lotsakids
06-23-2014, 09:06 PM
It seems like forever since I last posted. My computer is having issues or my internet is so I keep getting failure to connect issues. Then I get frustrated and stop trying LOL. Today i weighed in at 181.0- I didn't believe it (and it was after my walk cuz I had to get out early before the rain could stop me) so it was probably a little lower than it should have been. Surprising since yesterday was Sunday and Sunday is always hard. I will try to post over the next couple of weeks but I can't guarantee anything. We are leaving this week for Florida to do our bible quiz competition and usually wifi is not included in the hotel (it is a nice resort so nothing is free :( )

Welcome Cal!!

Llilith - I can't wait to see the wedding pictures! Congrats!

Xriotgirl - yeah sometime life does get right in the way doesn't it?

TooWicky
06-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Hello everyone! I've been away from the board for a while, but I have had a regain so I'm back :) I am back over 200 lbs., so I won't be in this group, but I wanted to stop by and say hi to some wonderful ladies that were my threadmates a few months ago :grouphug: you know who y'all are! You all look awesome and WELL DONE on your continued weight loss!! I enjoyed reading all the updates and everyone looks super in the new photos. The slippery slope is indeed real, unfortunately, lol, but other than going off the rails diet-wise, life has been happy, I have no complaints. My main motivation to arrest my weight gain is that I am in size 16 pants and XL shirts, and the next stop is the Women's Plus Size department. I was so thrilled to leave that department behind, I'm not eager to go back. See you around the boards and best of luck :wave: :dust:

lotsakids
06-24-2014, 01:19 PM
TooWicky!! You should stay here, or at least check in here. This is the best group to be in.

I got a tease this morning, scale said 178.8 - I knew it wasnt right so I moved the scale a bit and got 181.2. Still a good number for me.

Paulitens
06-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Today I was down two ounces; I was 169.4. Getting back on track feels AWESOME. :) I hope to be 168 again next week.

Calbeslim
06-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Hello! Riotgirl I am at 185 too and have been for a month it's been so frustrating Idl how to get out. I am taking a 6 day vacation hahaha. I need a break from work. :dizzy:

Kuri, Haha! We are waiting 4-5 more years for various reasons, one our career, two making more moneyyy we live in Manhattan not great buying a house or raising kids here and three, we talk a lot about it, and we want to but there's no rush. Eithr way I'll still bounce wedding ideas off of you so I can create my wedding planner book for when my time comes haha!

Hello everyone else!! I have to read the new replies, wrote this two days ago!

Paulitens
06-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Down four more ounces. :broc: I was 169.0 this morning, even though I did not get to work out yesterday. On the up-side, though, I had a huge NSV yesterday when my DH brought pizza home not realizing that it would put me in a foul mood. He apologized profusely for his mistake. Again, mishaps like these don't happen when it's just the four of us without "visits." :(

lotsakids
06-25-2014, 02:06 PM
179.0 today, it won't stay I'm sure but it sure was good to see it! Packing today, I'm going to see a bunch of people that I have not seen in a year. Should be fun :) Actually this coming week is the most stressful one of the year for me but once the quizzing is done its fun and I can relax.

Llilith
06-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am 183 today - up and down again. But I drank a bit at the wedding and now I have a cold so I've been feeling a little extra munchy. I always get extra hungry when I have a cold, not sure why.

TooWicky - sit down right here with us!! Don't you go anywhere. I'm so glad to see you - and I'm proud of you for reeling the gain in before it got out of hand. You GOT THIS!

Here are some pics from the wedding!! I was so happy to feel pretty during the event and to see the pictures after and not be ashamed of myself. It's an amazing feeling!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10420248_10204197600402578_7841821910524558990_n.j pg?oh=11918711ef825e1390a0bb6443ea3f1b&oe=54104AD0&__gda__=1411932719_fddcaeb1895a74cf7dd064572fb2d11 e

http://www.jhmg.net/albums/family/20140622/images/20140622-30160.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/p235x350/10455565_10204198532905890_6937824860788830941_n.j pg

kurisitaru
06-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Paulitens. I had a friend that got pregnant and she gained weight in her face mostly at first. (She was always fairly thin). She didn't look pregnant, just looked like she was putting on weight. So she bought a lot of cheap shirts that said things like "Baby on board" or "Does this baby make me look fat?" People in class were suddenly like ... wait you're pregnant? She said it helped her self esteem.
Good for you though, sticking it out and eating healthy this week.

Llilith Ugh... you're ex husband copped a feel? And he's married, and you're married? That seems so wrong, like... you'd want to slap him wrong. I'm glad you lost weight and looked great for him, but how dare he touch you inappropriately. It seems like an "ownership" thing when men do that. Then again... I've dealt with far too many sick men to be able to laugh off something like that. There are plenty of good men out there, but ones that "Cop a feel" are NOT good men. I'm glad he's an ex and I'm glad you upgraded! Congrats to your daughter. you look GREAT in those pictures. Clearly you are very happy.

I have a family that would kill if they weren't all invited, so I'm guessing 70 people at mine. I really love this vineyard... but we'll see about the costs. I think I'm going to check budgets first, how much parents are willing to drop into the bucket how much my fiance and I are willing to drop into the bucket and go from there. I think I'll start with prices of Greece, then what's left over, I'll see about the wedding. XD

I'm trying really hard to lose weight and it's hard. My fiance is into buying all this good food I can't eat, like ice cream. My sister is living with us right now as she can't find a place to live (she's been here for a while) and she's depressed. So, she's been buying cookies, and chips, and ALWAYS wants to go out to eat. When I say "I'm not going out, I'm on a diet...." she gets pouty and just says things like "I just... want to go out, I'm soooo depressed. I feel like I can't go to your home." Which makes me feel guilty, but I CAN'T give in to that, I want to lose weight. So I just offer to cook her something. I can't exactly hang out either, since I'm studying for CPA exams which I'm behind on! I told her and my fiance I need to do this, my Fiance gets it, but my sister seems a little too self involved to realize that this is something that matters to me. I also am sick of cooking for everyone when I need to study, then the dishes get left there and I'm like... "F-you people. I cook, then I have to clean then I have to study?!" My fiance is currently having some health issues, but when he is able he always does the laundry, he does his share of dishes, and he attempted to mow the lawn but then the poor guy got so dizzy he got sick and I kicked him off that chore until he's doing better. My sister... I have to beg for help and all I want to shout is "YOU LIVE HERE FOR FREE, and you can't do dishes? Or clean? Like... COME ON!" She just falls back on depression, and wanting to kill her self. Maybe I'm a tad bit of an enabler and I certainly understand why she's depressed. My fiance and I have done nothing but try to be helpful. I've given her rides to look at apartments, I've given her rides to and from work if there is a bus issue. I've held her money in a savings for deposit, pet deposit +1 month of rent (as she has a spending issue and is, for some reason, scared of getting her own savings account). My fiance is nothing but kind and has allowed her to move in her cat, which has been the most destructive thing. I just want her to find her own place soon. Then I can visit her and not put up with her. I do get depression is hard (been there) and I know this is selfish, but I don't have time to deal with her depression, not when I've dealt with it and fed it for so long. I've gotten to the point where I just started telling her how I feel. IF she complains about money, I'll tell her she chose to work retail, if she wants to get a cert or degree, I'll help her with financial aid, if she wants to stick in retail, then she will NEVER have a lot of money. She's making that choice. If she complains about weight, I'll remind her that I've repeatedly told her she's free to use my work out area and treadmill. That I always cook (and sometimes Steve will) healthy meals that's she is more than welcome to eat from. That we have so many healthy snacks, and that she is choosing to eat Cheetos and pies. Every complaint she has had I've heard, I have solutions, she doesn't want them, she wants to be babied and I'm done doing that.

I did not mean to vent that long about it.

Paulitens
06-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Lotsakids -- Look at you! Even if you don't stay in the 170s sneak peaks are great! Congratulations!!

Lilith -- you do look amazing and you should love your daughter's wedding pictures! Your daughter is stunning, too; her gown is beautiful.

Kurisitaru -- That sort of happened to me when I was pregnant with my first baby. After working so hard during the school year and not having time to visit anyone, my husband took me around to visit some of his good old friends in the summer. We had to hint to one of his friends several times that I was pregnant because she didn't notice, and she even said "I didn't say anything because I thought you were just fat!" (nice first impression, huh?).

I am sorry to hear about your sister and how difficult it is to live with her, Kurisitaru. Those are major curve balls that make our dieting a lot harder. I'm kind of on the same boat with my in-laws living in our place temporarily and having ZERO healthy eating habits. It's seriously gotten to the point where I have to hide my healthy food so the slob of my FIL won't eat it, and politely refuse to eat my MIL's dinners hoping she won't get offended and think I'm being stuck up. It's still hard, though, to say no to a nice homemade cheeseburger, or to the homemade chocolate chip cookies she bakes with my oldest daughter. The thing is, I could make our kind of healthy dinners for them too, but I know that they wouldn't satisfy them, so I let my MIL cook every other day or so. It is a struggle to live with people who have their own issues, or don't support your lifestyle. It's a struggle to live with people who don't normally belong in our household. You have your routines with your fiance, you do things in a certain way, and a third party just throws that routine out of whack. I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you, but I don't really have any other than I know how it feels, and it sucks. Just hang in there. :hug:

kurisitaru
06-25-2014, 08:47 PM
I totally understand the living situation. Have you told your in laws that you are trying to lose weight? That helped me when I told Steve I wanted to. He's been nice about it and encouraging, as well as, when he does cook, he'll make sure to either separate the bad ingredients (like cheese) or tell me the calories before I dig in. If you tell them that you want to be healthy for the baby, and for you, then maybe they would understand? If you have or if it isn't working, white lies? "Ugh... burgers make me nauseous right now, I think I'll have some fruit instead." Sure it's lying, but it's avoiding conflict and it's an easy out, it's also a lie that won't hurt anyone. If you aren't comfortable with that, then count the days until they leave?! I wish I could help more.
I told my sister, and while she plays the "I'm so depressed card" a lot, at least she doesn't push it too much. I've told her I could help with therapy or mentioned free group meetings, she seems to want to be depressed. I know she'll be better once she finds a place to live. I'm just hoping it's soon.

pink95
06-25-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm just starting out on this forum. I can't wait to be in the 170s club!!!

Paulitens
06-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Welcome to 3FatChicks, pink 95! You'll love it here.

Kurisitaru -- Oh, they know. :( They can't stop talking about how impressed they are with my weight loss, yet they do little/nothing to support it unless we're on top of them asking them not to buy junk, to buy fruit, to put away any "fun" foods they buy, etc. I'm basically just counting the days till they leave. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the free babysitting and other things they've done around the house (like my MIL is a master gardener and has fixed our backyards, or my FIL has fixed my bike). I appreciate those little things a lot but not having the house to myself and not being in control of my eating routines 100% really bugs me. So I'm trying to develop my patience and just wait. And pick and choose what to eat from what my MIL cooks.

Shannonsnail
06-26-2014, 04:29 PM
I can't remember when I last posted but I've been trucking through the 180s at a nice speed. My goal for June is to reach 181.8 and I am a pound over today so we shall see.....

kurisitaru
06-26-2014, 05:05 PM
pink95 Welcome. Looks like you're just starting out, any plan in place? (calorie counting, IP, Atkins, other?)

Shannonsnail Ah! A week or two and you'll be there! Who knows, maybe a few days you will have a drop!

Paulitens I completely understand the need for patience. My sister is a lot to take sometimes. This morning, I wake up early to get her to work and she's in my bathroom. I tell her I have to get ready and suddenly my need for privacy for 5 seconds is just god awe-full and cruel of me. I wanted to scream that I was waking up early, to get her to work, and that I can study for exams at home, I don't need to drive all the way down town for her. On the ride in, she was complaining about dog hair (my dog sheds) and how we need to vacuum more. I told her she was more than welcome to pick up a rag now and then while she lived for FREE at my home. Her response was "I just cleaned your bathroom..." and I wanted to scream again that I had BEGGED her to clean it. I am busy studying, and she was watching TV. Ugh. Counting down the days would be nice, but I don't know when I get rid of her.

At least they help out around your house. Gardening and biking. Why are they staying there?

scarletmeshell
06-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Hello Everyone and welcome to all of the new members to "our cool club"

TooWicky!!!! I am so glad to see you here. I was worried about you!

Lotsakids, Donna when is your trip? So glad to hear you saw the 170's!!

Llilith, Your beautiful pictures made me cry. You and your daughter look beautiful!!!!

Paulitens, how are you feeling?

We had a wonderful trip. My daughter has a rare skin condition called ichthyosis. Every 2 years they have an ichthyosis family conference. We have made dear friends in this group and it is always a wonderful time. It started friday morning with breakfast. I said hello to people I had not seen in 2 years and they were polite and said hello but something felt odd about it. I was feeling a bit bad that no one seemed to remember me. At lunch I was speaking to my daughter and people started to come up to me then and told me that didn't recgonize me nor knew who I was until they saw me with my daughter!
I gained a few pounds on the trip but lost it all as of this morning. However I have been overeating all day today! I am not sure why. Guess I just need to forgive myself and get back in the skinny wagon.
Hugs to all of you!

TooWicky
06-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Llilith, had to stop in to say you. look. wonderful in your pics!!! Beautiful family! That dress color and style is perfection.

Paulitens
06-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Great job, shannon!

Kurisitaru - Your situation with your sister stinks! It's kind of like my 7 y-o, I have to beg her to finish dinner and then she asks me for dessert saying "but I finished all my dinner!" Are you kidding me!? Now that's something that could somehow be expected from a 7 year old but from an adult... :( I hope your sister gets back on her feet soon enough. I say I'm counting down the days for my in-laws to leave but really, there is no set day for them to leave because they don't have where to go. They're homeless at the time, or "between places." They gladly do chores and other things around the house so that makes it all more bearable. Yesterday they babysat our two daughters so my husband and I could go to the beach for the day to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a blast and it would have not been possible without them here. It's something. :)

Nice to see you back, scarletmeshell! And how awesome that people barely recognized you! That's what happens to my friends on Facebook when I post pictures of my husband. I just joke and tell them I got rid of the old one. Hahaha! I'm feeling great, thank you for asking. Yesterday I began week 12 of my pregnancy; the last week of my first trimester. Crazy stuff!

Like I was telling Kurisitaru, yesterday my husband and I had a little escapade to the beach for his birthday. It was overcast and rainy at times but we had a ton of fun. I ate 3 donuts with my Argentine tea by the sea, I ate a bit of cake and ice cream (just a bit because, really, I couldn't eat more; it was so sweet!), and a bit of an appetizer platter I shared with my husband for lunch. Together we didn't even get to finish half of it, same with the cake. Then in the evening I ate deep fried Oreos at the amusement park and Sprite to settle my stomach (it went bonkers with the rides). Holy Molly. HOW DISGUSTINGLY UNHEALTHY! I remembered why I don't miss any of that stuff at all. We walked a lot and were pretty active throughout the day, and got to ride a surrey for an hour up and down the boardwalk (some of it against the wind and the rain, which made us work out even harder!). Yesterday morning my weight was 168.4 and this morning it was 170.6. I'm not stressing about it, and I don't regret yesterday; it was a special day, and in comparison I ate a lot less than I used to. Also I had been doing wonderful all week long, and I'm back to doing wonderful today. :)

kurisitaru
06-27-2014, 01:55 PM
I want to go to the beach....

Paulitens
06-27-2014, 03:51 PM
I live in Houston so our closest beach isn't anything to brag about. LOL.

This week particularly it was packed with algae so it literally smelled like farts. It wasn't very pleasant but the beach atmosphere was still there, there is a pier with an amusement park and that's always fun, so are the surreys on the boardwalk, we got on a ferry for free, got splashed by a massive wave on said ferry, ran to Walmart to get ourselves clean clothes, went to a Rainforest cafe for lunch... it's always fun to go to the beach even if the beach itself is nothing great. :) Back in Argentina I lived 30 minutes away from the beach and I'd always pay it a visit or two in the summer with my friends.

Where do you live, Kurisitaru?

Oh, duh, I just read you live in Denver. LOL. I used to live in Wyoming, we had our heart set in Cheyenne, in which case we'd go to Denver often but that never happened and instead we moved here. :) I'm a sea-side person. As much as I miss the four seasons where I used to live, I just like living near the beach.

kurisitaru
06-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Denver is nice, I love Colorado and I do love hiking. There is a lot to do here, the people are generally nice, we're a little more active (which really helps). I mean, we have bike days, bike sharing, Meetups galore for sports and activities. The Parks are loaded with so many sporting activities. We have more hiking and biking trails then I can try in a Summer and so many people here all want to go outside! It's nice.

I just... like the beach too. Swimming, sand castles, salty water, pools. I never lived near one, I swim in lakes up here a lot, freezing cold but awesome all the same.

Paulitens
06-28-2014, 12:12 AM
That's the kind of stuff I love about bigger cities. I never lived in a big city, and while living in Houston is NOT my favorite, I know that one day when I move away I'll miss all the activities and things to do available here.

I got on the treadmill tonight. I walked 2.25 miles and I don't get it, I don't get my fitbit; sometimes I purposefully work out and sweat a lot and feel really exhausted but according to my fitbit I only burned a few calories. And sometimes I am not even trying but my fitbit indicates that I did a lot of work and burned a lot of calories. What the heck!? It's confusing and I'm really starting to get frustrated with it. Yesterday on the surrey we really got a workout (especially riding it against the wind); according to my fitbit it was just a stroll in the park. Nothing. But sprinting across the street burned more calories than the whole way back against the wind on the surrey. I don't know what to make of it. :(

xRiotGirl
06-28-2014, 01:32 AM
lilith - Wow! You look AWESOME! Congrats :D

kurisitaru - I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully the stress of it doesn't eat into your health plans too much! :)

scarletmeshell - Happy for you and your NSV. :D We all know how hard we are working, and since we track our weight constantly we all KNOW when and what kind of progress we are making, but hearing it from an outside source brings a brand new sense of accomplishment to the table. Hold onto it, let it motivate you!

Paulitens - Nothing wrong with a little indulgence for a special occassion. Sounds like you had a blast! :) I've always wanted to ride on a surrey, hehe.

--

I can't stop munching on everything lately. I don't know what's up with me! I took a 4 day trip where I pretty much ate what I wanted. I actually don't believe that I went too overboard, but I certainly ate over my calorie goal everyday. When I came back, I had constant urges to eat and snack. I weighed in at 187.4, up from 185.0, but today I am back down to 185.4. Also, I miss working out. There is too much crap in my living room. :(

Paulitens
06-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Hello, ladies!

I was 170.6 again this morning. WHAT THE HECK!? I had a pretty decent dieting day yesterday, I even went to #2, and walked on the treadmill, and there was not even an ounce of budge!? I don't buy it. The scale must be broken. ;) I have been thinking that this might be the weight my body wants to settle for, for the pregnancy. That, or I'm finally plateauing. I can't complain, of all 40 lbs I have lost since January I had not plateaued yet once. Maybe this weight is fine for my pregnancy. But I won't stop trying. :)

kurisitaru
06-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Paulitens I have a fitbit as well. We have to remember that it's only a step counter and sleep monitor. It doesn't know that we are pushing against wind, carrying a 30lb bag around, or if we are on an incline run with the treadmill. I sink mine with MFP, you can add an exercise to MFP, then tell the fitbit app what happened. MFP will remove the "Fitbit steps" for that exercise and only count the exercise, and Fitbit will adjust calories. There are also some apps that do this for you, like the C25K app that sinks in with MFP.

Definately don't stop trying! Eat healthy for you and the baby and if you are allowed to lower calories, consider that. Keep at the walking and stay in shape. It will come off, even if it's after the pregnancy. 40lbs is awesome! Go you!

xRiotGirl Why can't you work out? At least the trip is fun. I've told myself that when I go on vacations, screw the diet. Honestly! I want to enjoy trying the local foods, I want to enjoy smores, I want to enjoy the pleasures of vacation. I'm also a really active vacationer, I want to swim or hike or walk all day sight seeing. So, I figure they can balance and any gain I get I will worry about when I'm home. It's not like I go on vacations ALL the time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 20 days of sticking with it, yesterday I screwed up. I came home and had 600 calories to blow through! (usually I have maybe 300). I was excited and looked at my Fiance's recipe on MFP for his home made mac and cheese. It's 593 calories a serving! I was so ecstatic I begged him to make it. (I haven't had cheese for 20 days either, my doctor mentioned I was high in saturated fats and told me I could back off cheese and fried foods). I got my one serving and chowed down. I didn't obey my normal "eat slow" or anything and the bowl was gone so fast! I was like the stereotypical fat person. Then I even licked the bowl. I put it in the dishwasher and told myself I was DONE then. I got water. But of course.... there was still a TON of his food there! So... after an hour of telling myself I didn't want it, I got another bowl. Then... I got ANOTHER. Then I got upset with myself for doing all of this and I said "screw it" and I ate some of my Fiance's cookie ice cream that's been staring at me for weeks! He and my sister eat ice cream maybe once a day and I have touched it for 3 weeks! I only ate half the last bowl, and didn't have too much of the ice cream. I was over 900 calories after the run I did yesterday. So, today I'm running again and attempting to create a bigger deficit to average a 3,500 cal deficit for the week. I will be eating tilapia and broccoli mostly. And I had whole grain cheerios with no milk for breakfast. So, I will only eat 500 calories for today, when I usually eat 1200. That's 700 deficit from yesterday, still putting me over, but with the run adding about 200 calories burned, I'll have made up for it. Ugh...

xRiotGirl
06-28-2014, 04:13 PM
^That's exactly how I feel about vacations, which is why I didn't beat myself up over it. And it was delicious every step of the way! :D There is no room in my living room for workouts anymore. I am storing other people's belongings, so I can't just 'clean it up' and be done, I have to wait until they move their things out. I was going for runs for a while, but now it is so hot out. And I know, it's just an excuse, but I won't do it in this heat. I would rather just watch what I eat for a few months and get back to my runs when the temps go down. I'm such a baby...lol

That mac n cheese sounds amazing though. Did you enjoy it? Hope so!! Don't stress over it too much, it will only make it worse. So you really wanted to eat the mac and cheese, and then you really enjoyed it! Nothing wrong with that, right? :p Today is a new day.

Paulitens
06-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Kurisitaru - Fitbit flex does calculate calories burned and measures the intensity of the activities we do. That is why it annoys me, because when my heartbeat is obviously up, my Fitbit should notice that activity--both in terms of calories burned and in how intense the activity was. But it seems to not always be the case. :( So, honestly, when I get on the treadmill and sweat like a wh*re in church :lol:, I record on LoseIt the inaccurate calories shown on the treadmill instead of the ones in my Fitbit. Before I had a Fitbit I would record those "calories burned" shown on the treadmill because it was all I had, and because I was actually losing weight I thought it must not be terribly inaccurate. It is not, really, it just adds a few more calories than Fitbit; and since I work out so hard, I think I deserve to log the extra calories burned. LOL

It's still annoying; Fitbits are expensive. :dizzy:

This morning I was 169.6 I believe. I didn't pay much attention to it, I was in a hurry; it was 169."something". Hopefully tomorrow's weight in will grace me with a good little number. :)

lotsakids
06-29-2014, 10:51 PM
quick check in~ WE made it to Ft Lauderdale and the resort is beautiful. No scale in sight but there is a beautifully equipped gym and 3 or 4 pools. Quizzing starts tomorrow so I've asked for a 5:30 wakeup call, must get to bed~~

NSV;s - so many comments from people I have not seen since losing weight! and we took our team picture and I didn't even recognise me.

kurisitaru
06-30-2014, 12:27 AM
xRiotGirl As long as you enjoyed the vacation. You could try a "boot camp" in a rec center. I'm not sure if they would have them there, but there is a rec center near me that does boot camps, you pay for the 3 months and then meet them during their camp time, some of it is indoors, some in parks. I've never personally done it, but I had a friend that loved it, I personally am too self conscience to work out in front of others at the moment.

There are also Free healthy move programs on the college campuses here. You don't have to be a student, just show up in work out gear and go. First come first serve, just as long as they have space! They do yoga, pilates, zumba, tae bo, and some others. Pretty spiffy for free.

Paulitens I did want it and it was delicious. I ran today, I did good today, I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see if it stayed steady or if it is a gain/(loss). Hoping either no movement or a small drop, will help with the guilt.

I don't have the flex, just the fitbit. So I know mine doesn't measure heart rate. Just a tad different. They are pricey, but I do like to compete so it helps me in more ways than just calories burned. It motivates me. I was going to buy one for my Fiance and Sister so we can all compete together. My company is always far ahead of me, so I want some people on my level. xD

Today I went to Trader Joes and bought a lot of low calorie snacks, plenty of fruits and veggies, and a crap ton of wine. XD I'm a Wino like crazy, I took a wine fundemental class for my undergrad and LOVED it, so I always make room for wine and consider it a grocery item. To drink it though... I have to cut snacks or eat really low calorie lunch and breakfast to fit it in. 1 glass is 100-200 calories! UGH!

Paulitens
06-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Hello ladies! Well, I don't know how I'm feeling, today I was 170.0; is it baby weight? Can it be, this early? After such a great week of eating healthy and working out, it has to be. :/

I'm kind of down, though, because the skinny minnie who complained a while back about how awful it is for her to go swimsuit shopping, and then I found out is pregnant and gaining weight rapidly (I endearingly call her Pregzilla, because she's seriously eating 24/7 and asking people for snacks at church :lol:), called me "big" yesterday upon finding out through the grapevine that I'm pregnant. She said "well you have big boobs and a big frame so you don't show quickly." I'm like... are you frigging kidding me!? I don't show because I don't go around eating everything I see like you do! But what I really told her was "well, I'm not showing yet because I'm eating healthy and working out, and actually I'm still losing weight." That shut her up and she admitted what she used to admit before she knew of my pregnancy, that she eats a lot and gains about 100lbs per pregnancy (she loses it all afterwards anyway); but her comment hurt and I couldn't help but see myself bigger than ever since her comment. I don't know why she changed her discourse from "I gain so much weight and show quickly" to "I show quickly because I'm small framed" pointing out specifically how that's not my case.

I'm bummed and hurt. :( And today I'm feeling like kicking everything to the curb and stop caring about what I eat because what's the point, I'm pregnant and I'm a fatty anyway. Plus I got tendonitis on my right heel and I cannot get on the treadmill and I feel like a total slob.

Sorry about venting. I'm not the kind of person who gets offended easily and resents people for life, but that does not mean that I don't get hurt, and this particular girl lives in a bubble and sometimes isn't very aware of others. She means well, but sometimes it doesn't come out the right way. :(

kurisitaru
06-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Paulitens A few things.
1) Some people say demeaning things to other people to make themselves feel good about themselves. An example:
"You just understand the homework because you study for 10 hours a week, not because you're smart." They say that because they realize they aren't getting it, so therefore people can't possible be what they want to be (in this example, smart).
The same goes with this pregzilla, she said that because she is gaining and she found someone else pregnant and was surprised that you weren't GAINING weight, so she brought you down notches to justify her eating. She wants you to not be gaining for ANY excuse she can make or state just to somehow justify her gain. She's wrong. End.

2) You're a god damn warrior. Pregnant and dieting while exercising? I always thought I'd get pregnant and use it as an excuse to gain weight. Like it would justify eating and eating and eating. You're not only not using is as an excuse, but you are losing weight in spite of that! OH MY GOD. When I first heard you were pregnant, I was so damn inspired. Everyone has SOOOOOO many excuses as to why they got fat, why they ate that doughnut, why they can't control themselves. We here always just say "try harder" and realize it's an excuse, but when pregnant people say "I just couldn't help it!" Most of us don't see it as an excuse but a reason, and here you are, losing weight, not falling back on that. That makes my "my fiance made mac and cheese and I just couldn't help it *whine whine* sound so freaking pathetic. Seriously, WARRIOR WOMAN you are!

3) Let's pretend JUST pretend, that for some reason this woman is right. So f-ing what? You give up now, then those amazing 40.4lbs you lost mean nothing. All that work, wasted. You got to do this to be healthy, to feel good, and because you set the tone for your little ones. Kids that have active parents, are more likely going to be active. Do it for you and do it for your kids. Even if you never lose a single pound more, at least if you keep at it, you won't ever gain those 40.4lbs BACK. And that is worth the effort. Also, she's wrong. Just a prego trying to justify and use her eating as an excuse, and when she finds someone else in the same situation who isn't using it as an excuse, she feels ashamed so she tears you down. (See point 1 and point 2).

4) Did I mention I heard you were pregnant and still working out and you became my freaking hero? You're awesome. End of Story.

kurisitaru
06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
WOW

"Gosh Darned with sprinkles on top" is actually not what I said... apparently there is a filter on this site.

Paulitens
07-01-2014, 12:56 PM
You're going to make me cry, Kurisitaru! :hug: Even when you said "gosh darned with sprinkles on top" :)

Truth is, I'm going day to day trying not to panic at the idea that I'm pregnant and that I must feed the baby (with all the usual overeating that implies), but I have no idea what I'm doing and it's a daily struggle, and I daily having to tell myself "don't eat the chocolate, eat the apple." I've never done this before, I have no idea how I've come 12 weeks into it not giving in to the binges other than the calculated splurges I allowed myself. I don't know why this girl said what she said. What you said about her makes sense, and could very much be true, as she shifted the focus of her usual discourse of "I gain so much weight while I'm pregnant" to a surprising "you don't show because you're big." I'm trying to keep doing my thing the best I can, even if I don't know what that is exactly, and not let those hurtful words get to me any more than they did, whether she did it intentionally or not.

Thank you for listening to my rant and help me out of it! :) This means the world to me.

:hug:

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
No worries, I guarantee she meant it more to justify her own gains. As for the eating part, talk to your doctor. Most of my friends that had kids all did, and they learned that you aren't really "eating for 2" you really only add a few hundred calories depending on the term and activity level. I know it's hard not to get the chocolate and grab the apple, but here's a nifty little fact. On occasion, dark chocolate is good for you, in fact, I make sure to have room in my calories some days so I can grab some wonderful 72% chips they sell at the Rocky Mountain chocolate factory. They are yummy! I think calculating something you want in the diet is a good thing, we can't give up EVERY food we have ever enjoyed for the rest of our lives. On occasion, we need the chocolate, the donuts, the mac and cheese. We just run it off later, or accept the little gain at the end of the week and then work harder next week to lose it again. As long as we aren't having that excuse everyday!

I'm slightly tempted to throw down profanities and see how they change with the filter....

nonameslob
07-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Poking my head in here even though I'm not here yet!

kurisitaru, I wanted to say thank you for your recommendations for Denver! In hindsight I don't think we utilized any of them (eep!) but I have the list for next time. There will be a next time, as we decided we definitely want to move there within the year :)

Also putting it out there that I am hoping to be in this thread by the end of the month, so maybe being subscribed to it will motivate me...!

Shannonsnail
07-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Made it to my goal for June, 181.6.....hopefully saying goodbye to the 180s soon!

Llilith
07-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Paulitens - Wow what a jerk she is. I'm sorry you are feeling bummed. Remember, you are amazing and you've come so far. Your baby is lucky to have such a healthy mama! You are totally not a slob or a fatty - No negative self talk allowed woman! :)

kurisitaru - I love what you had to say to Paulitens!

Lotsakids - That is so cool about the picture! I bet it felt great!! I hope you are having a great trip.

Shannonsnail - Congrats on meeting your goal for June.

I'm 182.6 today - I wonder when I'll see the scale stay under 180 LOL. It's just so hard and I really love food haha. But, I sure do enjoy being able to put clothes on and they fit and feel good. It used to be when we went out I'd have to change about six times and usually wasn't happy when I left. This past weekend, we went to a concert (Michael Franti!) and I didn't even plan what to wear - I just pulled out some stuff and put it on and was like "wow you look good girl!" It was a good feeling. :-)

I was sick all last week and didn't exercise, but I am back on track this week - yesterday and today so far. :-)

My MIL is coming to town tomorrow. She hasn't seen me in about a year - so I imagine she will have some positive comments. I really love seeing people who I haven't seen in awhile - it's a nice confidence boost.

Llilith
07-01-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm slightly tempted to throw down profanities and see how they change with the filter....

This made me totally ****ing laugh my *** off.

Edit - I didn't get any sprinkles :( just stupid asterisks.

Shannonsnail
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM
This made me totally ****ing laugh my *** off.

Edit - I didn't get any sprinkles :( just stupid asterisks.

LOL!

Paulitens
07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Kurisitaru -- don't worry the chocolate/apple thing was just an example. ;) I do eat chocolate occasionally (heck, I couldn't live without it! :lol: ), and apples make my tummy churn so I don't really eat apples. I need to move on from this whole thing; I'm better than it.

Shannonsnail -- Way to go! Congratulations!!!

:congrat:
:celebrate:

Lilith --Thank you for being so kind! :hug: It feels awesome to put together an outfit at the last minute and rock it. Hope your visit with your MIL goes as expected and you get showered with compliments!

The whole "sprinkles" thing... HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

You guys ROCK, and seriously are the reason why I keep coming back! Specifically to this thread. :)

This morning I was 170.4. I needed to go to the loo yesterday and I didn't go hence the extra 4 ounces. Today I went out for a bike ride with my oldest daughter; it was "gosh darned with sprinkles on top" ;) fun and we'll do it again, and again and again, until I hit my belly is so big I cannot fit it behind the handlebar.

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 11:35 PM
nonameslob: I'm glad you like Denver, I love it here! When you move, let me know, filled with fun ideas for any price range. Look forward to seeing you over here!

Llilith Wearing clothes and not scrutinizing them must be wonderful. And I have no idea about the filters. No flaming clue, I mean what the **** and stuff? You testing it made me laugh my *** off as well.

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 11:36 PM
It did "flaming" that time... wonder what triggers it. o.O This must be tested.

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 11:38 PM
We posted about the same time. If that is a picture of you, you certainly don't look like a "fatty." You're a god damn warrior!

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I FIGUrED IT OUT!

Type in "G O D D A M N W A R R I O R" without spaces or capitalization. Seriously. God damn warrior.

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 11:40 PM
OMG! This must be played with!

God damned awesome sauce.

God damned *** whole.

Jesus Christ you're mean

**** my socks off

kurisitaru
07-01-2014, 11:41 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I want to use profanities and "using the lord in vain" like... a lot, to see if I find another one. <.<

xRiotGirl
07-02-2014, 01:13 PM
I don't visit this thread for a few days and this is what I come back to..haha!

Paulitens - I'm really sorry for your experience with that girl, but unfortunately I think that is just people. Usually looking to take someone else down a peg, whether it is warranted or not. kurisitaru said it best. Um, also, you look awesome in that photo so I call nonsense on that woman.

Shannonsnail - yay! You're almost out! Congrats on meeting your goal. Even the little ones feel huge. :D

Llilith - Jeez, you're almost out too. :o Glad to hear you are feeling better and back on track - getting back to work is the hardest part. I also love those 'I haven't seen you in so long, wow you look great!' visits. Sometimes I feel shallow being excited for them, because I know that compliments are inevitable, but really -- we're working hard here! A compliment goes a long way! Congrats to you. :D

I don't have any exciting news to share, except that I am finally back down to my pre-trip weight of 185 today. So, now I keep moving on down to my new low. I really mean to get back into a workout regime, I just can't seem to find the inspiration. I can't even be arsed to make space in my living room, or put on workout clothes. Just changing clothes and setting up my HRM seems like too much to do before I even try, and I give up. I haven't felt this way since before I lost weight and it's really weird. I know I'm missing out on a lot of fast progress because when I work out I lose like crazy!

Calbeslim
07-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi All!! I was here for like a few days then left to go on my Eurotrip (which is great but at the same time I AM EATING LIKE CRAZY) i want to post up pics of all the food I ate, but that would be cruel no? But SO GOOD. ARGHHH I need to reset on the diet after this euro trip.

Paulitens, do we have to go beat a beetch up? HAHAH Kuri said it best. Some people are just the worst. I know a few people like that "Oh you'd be SO pretty if you were skinnier" Uhm EXCUSE ME? Well you could be prettier too if you shut your mouth more. HAHA.

Omg so many ppl are out of the 180's what happens then??? Do we go to a land of rainbouw and candies?? Because I am struggling to get out of the 180's still and esp with this all eating binge euro trip it's going to take forever haha

scarletmeshell
07-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Hey Chickies!
kurisitaru, thank you for the "get around the filters" tips!
Paulitens you are take my breath away pretty and I would happily fly down and kick her *** for you. Just say the word.
Llilith, hope you are feeling better.
Lotsakids, Donna we are all rooting for you!
I have had the most unexpected NSV....I have large hands. My palm is wide. I am sure nobody says "oh look at that woman with giant hands" but it is true. When I gained weight I could not wear bangle bracelets and I love them. I even bought some at Lane Bryant once because they are bigger. Last week I was in TJMax with my daughter looking at jewelry and I got the thought to try on a set of bangle bracelets and they fit!!!!
I am eating to much but still hanging around 176.

kurisitaru
07-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Xriot Girl... We're the same weight.

Paulitens
07-04-2014, 12:58 PM
xRiotGirl - Thank you! :hug: I'm going to print Kurisitaru's post so I have it for motivation when I'm feeling down. LOL.

Calbeslim - Hahaha! Yes... people and their unwarranted comments! What the heck!? I remember the first time I met this girl she said "Oh my gosh! You're so pretty!" And she's always complimenting people a lot, and she's very sweet with everyone. Everyone likes her. Sometimes I suspect a bit of phoniness in her ways because nobody's 100% happy, uplifting and positive 100% of the time. But I'm one of those "people optimistic" who always hopes that others are being genuine and they didn't mean to hurt you. I don't think she meant to hurt me. It just came out, and came out awfully wrong.

Yes, when you leave the 180s there are rainbows and flying unicorns prancing on cotton candy clouds. And the cotton candy clouds don't make you fat! (?)

Scarletmeshell -- Bahahaha! You're hilarious! If it had been someone else, I would totally be down with some punching but as I told Calbeslim, I want to believe she didn't even realize she said what she did. I think that oftentimes she doesn't realize what she says until it's too late.

Good for hanging in the 176! And for still hanging around with us!! :cheer:

Yesterday I began my second trimester, my very mild morning sickness is gone (although the lightheadedness is still very much there). I ate a bit too much to celebrate the second trimester, and today I'm allowing myself to eat extra and not completely healthy in the name of freedom but eh, whatever. It's the 4th of July week! I was 170.4 even with yesterday's splurges (which included a flatbread onion and bacon pizza, and prosciutto rolled into mozzarella, and brownie/choco chip cookies). We'll see how I survive the weekend with all the damage from yesterday and today, plus leftovers and whatnot.

Have a great Independence Day!

Shannonsnail
07-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I dipped down to 180.4 but back to 181.6 today....I can see the scale wants to toy with me, lol!

Paulitens
07-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Happy Saturday, ladies! After two days of straight splurging and just eating unhealthy stuff the damage was minimal. I was 170.8 this morning and went back to my omelette breakfast, a whole wheat toast with PB and sugar free jelly, and a nectarine. :) It feels great to eat right. The last two days splurging I had THE WORST tummy cramps! All that sugar... ew. It reminded me why I'm not eating that stuff anymore, and it reminded me that my body doesn't take that stuff well anymore. And it's wonderful! :)

I hope you ladies had a great 4th of July, that you had fun and indulged a little bit.

kurisitaru
07-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Splurging only leaves me with guilt these days, part of the reason I don't do it. Yup.

I took my first CPA test today and... god... I'm pretty sure I failed. I want to eat everything. I have 650 calories and I'm trying to get my fiance to go do something fun. I want to try swimming, tennis, or something... and he's not so into. UGH! I need a work out friend that's free tonight.