Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Default Can I come home?

Well, I gave into old man winter and I'm back....Heavier but I'm back. We had one of the worst winters that I can remember but that's not an excuse. I have THE BEST exercise videos at home and I did none of them. That's right...none.

My eating was bad but not as horrible as it was before. Still not good though. So, I recommitted and I'm here to tell my story and to be accountable again.

I started here about 2-3 years ago at over 300 pounds and in a size 22-24 and a 26 or two. I got down to 179-185 and was in a size 10-12. WELL, I haven't weighed (if you remember me, I don't believe in scales. I know my weights only because I had to go to the doctor). I'm now a 12-14 and I'm seeing the fat me start to re-emerge. I still can fit most of my 12 pants and my 14 pants are generally to loose but my 10 pants are OUT of the question.

The problem is my old habits are creeping back. No exercise, constant carb fests, diet soda and no water (I went about 4-5 days without one glass of water). Pizza, cake, the works.....And I FEEL IT!

So, I'm going back to what helped me the last time and here are my goals....

1) I will stop all the diet soda (no more than 1-2 a week) and I will FORCE MYSELF to drink water.

2 I will go back to my weight lifting class. I'm not into a certain body image but I liked the way my clothes looked when I was weight lifting.

3) I will start running again. Before I dropped out, I ran 13.1 miles and was doing a 8-10 mile run at least once a week. I haven't run in MONTHS and barely got through my 2 mile run on Tuesday. Oh well, 5k planned for Saturday and quitting is not an option.

4) I will go back to veggies and fruits and stay away from my 3 food groups- crackers, breads and pancakes...wait those are all the same thing.

5) I will post here and stay encouraged by the progress stories. I'll join a challenge or two...Sarge are you still here?

6) I WILL NOT GO BACK TO 300 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a cruise to Mexico in November and I am not packing the fat clothes

Whew, that feels better.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #2  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Welcome back!!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #3  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations for getting back on track. Sounds like you have a plan and the desire to stick to it--very important. I have a good feeling you will be successful in achieving your goals!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Congratulations for catching this before it went crazy! We all backslide from time to time. That was in the past. This is in the future!

Mexican cruise, here she comes!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Hey good job coming back before 300lbs! I am there with ya, working on at least the 3rd regain now, but it won't be long before svelteville! Say goodbye to fat clothes and hello to cruisewear!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome back and yes... you caught it early. Much earlier than I did and I wrote a very similar post a few weeks ago, but it was longer than just this winter (But I agree this winter was brutal). you know what to do. You have the tools! So, do it!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

It's great to see that you have managed to hold on to your sense of humor(and sense of perspective too).It really was a **** of a winter. Me too....
Congratulations on having the stuff to turn it around.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Way to go, free1!

I am in generally the same boat, but winter is not my excuse. I live in the desert. I guess it must have been too sunny to go outside.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote