Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #1  
Lily

S/C/G: 166.7 /118.8 / 100.0

Height: 4'11

Default Do any ladies here run? If so, why, progess stories(&pics)

i'm training currently for a 5k, two 10ks and a 1/2m all in the fall and i'm suuuuper nervous(i've never ran more than 5miles) i'm in need of some inspo!!

How does running make you feel?

xo
panduhf00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Running makes me feel strong, capable, and dare I say . . . lean? Even though I have a long ways to go.

I'm still a beginner. I'm on week five of C25K and will be running my first non-stop 20 minute session tonight. Which is more than I've ever done at once in my entire life! I want to run my first 5k this summer, which is a long way from how I was at my highest weight (when I could barely walk across my own living room).

Good luck with your goals, you can do it!

Last edited by Elladorine; 04-20-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

I run because I love it. And because I'm so, so completely sick and tired of indoor workouts/aerobics.

I ran a lot a few years back, got in an accident and it took me a few years to get back to running. Hopefully this time no disasters will strike and I'll be able to keep building the miles. I run for distance, because I like the feeling of accomplishment and the level of exertion. My body adapts to typical workouts so fast I have to constantly increase intensity. It's a pain. With running, increasing intensity is easy. Add a little distance or run a little faster and there ya go....harder workout! I also love to be outside.

I'm making myself cross train with weights and yoga, but that's the only inside training I can stand and only because I know it'll benefit my running. I'm cycling, about to start swimming (come on summer time and warm up the lake!!) and as soon as I can afford the equipment I want to kayak.

As a bonus, I lose weight very well when I run. Yay!
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #4  
Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
Running makes me feel strong, capable!
that sort of ~invincible~ feeling, yepyepyep i know exactly what you mean; and you know what? more running means you get to eat more
what a poor motive to run longer, but yknow, whatever tickles your fancy!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #5  
Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafadhali View Post
I run because I love it. And because I'm so, so completely sick and tired of indoor workouts/aerobics.

I ran a lot a few years back, got in an accident and it took me a few years to get back to running. Hopefully this time no disasters will strike and I'll be able to keep building the miles. I run for distance, because I like the feeling of accomplishment and the level of exertion. My body adapts to typical workouts so fast I have to constantly increase intensity. It's a pain. With running, increasing intensity is easy. Add a little distance or run a little faster and there ya go....harder workout! I also love to be outside.

I'm making myself cross train with weights and yoga, but that's the only inside training I can stand and only because I know it'll benefit my running. I'm cycling, about to start swimming (come on summer time and warm up the lake!!) and as soon as I can afford the equipment I want to kayak.

As a bonus, I lose weight very well when I run. Yay!
YES, i'm so sick of the recycled air, TV's and staring in a single direction all day at the gym, and don't forget the human interaction i couldn't care for in the least and girl, this running outside has turned me into a tree hugging hippie, seeing the animals, hearing the birds and feeling the wind..it's the bee's knees (and i kinda have a thing for running by street light and in the rain)

i also had baaad ankle injuries last fall and it set me back terribly physically and mentally; though i feel it has made me wiser. anyways, Run on! happy easter
Old 04-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #6  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Running makes me feel like crap, to be honest. It's hard and I feel so pathetic compared to the other people on the trail. I live in a place where fitness is a high priority and there are many professional athletes in the town.

But...I feel great after. I feel accomplished. I felt so proud a few weeks ago when I ran 30 min in a row for the first time in my entire life, and ran the furthest distance I had ever run. I love being outside and I like how running is a very quick option for a workout.

I run because it makes my hiking easier. I'm hoping it will help my endurance for dance as well.

Perhaps not very inspiring for you! But I run because it makes me feel great when it's over, I love being outside, and it improves my performance in activities I actually enjoy (hiking and dancing).

I plan to run a 5k in the fall for a friend (a cancer fundraising event). Last year I walked. I know even if I'm dead last, I'll feel so accomplished if I can run the entire thing!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i run because i like efficient workouts...I don't have hours to spend on any given workout and running is something that i can make very hard and spend a shorter amount of time on...i do intervals of fast running and a recovery walking minute because my lungs are not strong (asthma) and will always struggle with that...so if i can't run for distance, i will make whatever amount that i CAN run, the hardest I can handle

i run at my gym most of the time because 1) the weather here varies between rain and slush most of the year, 2) inhaling pollen while running outdoors is a very very bad idea for my lungs and 3) knowing that i PAID for my gym will actually get me there and working out

HOWEVER, no amount of working out FOR ME will offset bad eating...i have got to watch what i eat always and not give into that mindset of "oh i ran today so i can have extra dinner" ...that one will ALWAYS get me lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I don't run yet but next year, after a few (ok a lot) more pounds come off to make it actual running and not awkward jogging, I'm looking to do a Zombie Run with my sister-in-law. She's doing it this year but she's been running for awhile and ready. She's got me thinking maybe I can actually finish it...but it does sound like a fun way to try a real race.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote