Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend chat. Sat 4/19 - Sun 4/20/2014

lisa32989
04-19-2014, 06:42 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Sully1961
04-19-2014, 07:10 AM
Day 18 for me! I was reflecting on how many veggies I have been eating and how much contact with real food I have been having as I relearn ways to prepare veggies and use various herbs and spices. Following protocol is helping me focus on eating regularly, planning and experimenting in the kitchen. It has been fun to invent new recipes and play around in the kitchen.
Today I am going to purge some food from my cupboards and organize my cookware so my kitchen is more functional. It is great to have my kitchen scale handy, along with my measuring cups and spoons. I may even treat myself this weekend to a new set of measuring tools instead of spending that money on Easter candy.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w45aqsh/weight.png

dak1lls
04-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Day 18 for me! I was reflecting on how many veggies I have been eating and how much contact with real food I have been having as I relearn ways to prepare veggies and use various herbs and spices. Following protocol is helping me focus on eating regularly, planning and experimenting in the kitchen. It has been fun to invent new recipes and play around in the kitchen.
Today I am going to purge some food from my cupboards and organize my cookware so my kitchen is more functional. It is great to have my kitchen scale handy, along with my measuring cups and spoons. I may even treat myself this weekend to a new set of measuring tools instead of spending that money on Easter candy.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w45aqsh/weight.png

Besides losing weight I have gained a new appreciation for cooking and learned new ways to prepare old favorites in healthier ways. I really changed my attitude during P1 when I realized I needed a plan and that even in maintenance I could not return to my old habits. The "me" in my kitchen now is a whole different person than the "me" pre IP. It is very cool that you are making these little discoveries much sooner than it took me. Oh, and I am totally the gadget queen in my kitchen now! :)

sunflwr816
04-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Weigh-in 10 today.....down to 150 lbs exactly for a weekly loss of 0.8. I'm happy I even lost this week because I had a stomach bug mid-week and drank 1L of PediaLyte (containing sugar). I'm halfway to goal! All of my old clothes fit again (I'm back in a size 6 and M top), I have more energy and I feel better!

Peggypip
04-19-2014, 08:29 AM
The IP chocolate brownies have been unavailable for weeks- now the lemon wafers are unavailable! Anyone have suggestions? They are my favorite treats!. Has anyone tried the Plain Protein chocolate fudge cake?

3sisters
04-19-2014, 08:33 AM
JLUS - I didn't know how to carry over a quote from a different thread (yesterday's Daily thread) - but to answer you here, no, it wasn't a typical day - I usually get all my veggies and packets in. Which is kind of why I was surprised I was so full! And my thought on the 1/2 Quest bar was that it was a higher cal/carb one, so figured half would equal 1 non-restricted (approximately). But I am hungry this morning for sure and don't think I'll have a problem getting everything in! Looking up succulent looking lamb recipes for Easter doesn't help! :) Weekends have always been hardest for me to stay on a diet because I have more free time at home to be tempted. Better keep busy!

dcs0826
04-19-2014, 08:33 AM
The IP chocolate brownies have been unavailable for weeks- now the lemon wafers are unavailable! Anyone have suggestions? They are my favorite treats!. Has anyone tried the Plain Protein chocolate fudge cake?

Have you tried the chocolate wafers? They are amazing. I also like the chocolate caramel nut bars.

Ruth Ann
04-19-2014, 08:42 AM

We had to totally rearrange parts of the kitchen so I had everything I needed handy. Dh does a lot of the cooking but I've been doing more of it since starting IP. We just had to rearrange so I could reach the stuff I use most - Dh has about 14 inches on me and tends to put things on the top shelves which means I either have to drag out the stool or climb the cupboards (or make him come grab things for me!).

And new measuring tools in lieu of Easter candy is an excellent idea!

Weigh-in 10 today.....down to 150 lbs exactly for a weekly loss of 0.8. I'm happy I even lost this week because I had a stomach bug mid-week and drank 1L of PediaLyte (containing sugar). I'm halfway to goal! All of my old clothes fit again (I'm back in a size 6 and M top), I have more energy and I feel better!

Glad you're feeling better and congrats on hitting 150!

AmberLS
04-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Oh let the busy day begin!!!!! Today is our city's Easter egg hunt for the kids, then off to get a birthday party together at the park (hopefully the showers don't happen). Then to my brothers to dye eggs in preparation for tomorrow. Busy busy busy!. Hopefully I make it through today alive!

lisa32989
04-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Workout done. Hopped on here b/c DH is still sleeping so I can't take a shower yet. I'm planning to plant some herbs and lettuce plants I bought (I planted lettuce & spinach seeds but they're less than an inch tall right now so I bought a few plants, as well - I'm antsy for FRESH, organic, local veggies -got some spinach at the Farmer's market on Wed).

JLUS - to answer you here, no, it wasn't a typical day - I usually get all my veggies and packets in. Which is kind of why I was surprised I was so full! And my thought on the 1/2 Quest bar was that it was a higher cal/carb one, so figured half would equal 1 non-restricted (approximately). But I am hungry this morning for sure and don't think I'll have a problem getting everything in! Looking up succulent looking lamb recipes for Easter doesn't help! :) Weekends have always been hardest for me to stay on a diet because I have more free time at home to be tempted. Better keep busy!
One of the issues with using alts is looking at ALL the nutritients. Not just cals, not just net carbs, not just fat, but the whole picture. Those who go to a clinics and buy IP foods are paying to have all the "figuring" done for them.

Half of a restricted doesn't equal an unrestricted. Half of a Quest bar isn't going to be enough protein. You're better off having a whole one (or split into 2 snacks thru the day) and count it as your restricted (which is a daily part of the program).

The other thing I saw Laurie ask about yesterday was your salads. On IP, lettuce isn't a veggie. So you eat as much lettuce as you like PLUS four cups of the select veggies every day.

In addition to keeping busy, be sure to PLAN your meals ahead of time. At first it might be difficult to not be so spontaneous but after a while, it gives us time to focus our thoughts and energy on other things. The food is already planned.

The other day I wanted to eat less than 2 hours after I'd just had a Pure Protein 21 shake. I had to tell the inner child she wasn't hungry, she just wanted to eat. The adult took charge and found "us" something else to do until dinner time.

The Beck Diet Solution is really helping me identify cravings/phantom hunger (when my head wants to eat despite body not being hungry). It has taught me hunger is NOT an emergency and doesn't need to be dealt with immediately. Sometimes it is just enough to tell myself, "Yup, you're hungry but you're not starving (or dying). Our next meal is planned and it is at x:00. You'll live. Move on."

This isn't easy. But it works!

IP43
04-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Your inner child is very saucy Lisa! MY inner child wants to arrange a 'playdate':cheers:

Happy Easter everyone. It's so lovely to have several days off in a row. :easter:

lisa32989
04-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Your inner child is very saucy Lisa! MY inner child wants to arrange a 'playdate':cheers:

THAT would be trouble. :devil:

cooluu
04-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Today is day 12 on IP. I'm on the 4th of July committee for our town. We fundraise, plan do everything for the celebration. Tonight is our "cornhole" tournament so that means lots of temptation. I've made a plan; eating before we go, taking mio to put in my water, as everybody will be partaking in alcoholic drinks and sticking a bar or crisps in my purse in case seeing everybody munching on snacks gets to me.

murphypuppy
04-19-2014, 10:24 AM
My scale decided to move 2.7 pounds today! Woo-hoo! That's added inspiration to stay strong while the wine is being served this weekend!

Yayalaine
04-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Saw a great quote today: "Don't do something permanently stupid because you're temporarily upset!"

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 10:43 AM

So happy that you are finding success and feeling better!

My clinic said that there is a manufacturing issue with the choc. Brownie and it will be a while :(. I like the vanilla peanut bar, but it is pretty sweet.

Today is day 12 on IP. I'm on the 4th of July committee for our town. We fundraise, plan do everything for the celebration. Tonight is our "cornhole" tournament so that means lots of temptation. I've made a plan; eating before we go, taking mio to put in my water, as everybody will be partaking in alcoholic drinks and sticking a bar or crisps in my purse in case seeing everybody munching on snacks gets to me.

Great planning! You can do this. It is a decision. Getting to your goal is much more important than some drinks and chips. It is hard in the beginning, but with every successful event it will get easier. :)

My scale decided to move 2.7 pounds today! Woo-hoo! That's added inspiration to stay strong while the wine is being served this weekend!

Yay :yay: 2.7 pounds gone forever!

ReenHag
04-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Good morning and happy weekend, everyone!

Wide awake at 7:15 AM stressing about going back to work on Tuesday, heart pounding and all. So I decided to burn off that stress by doing some workouts. Feeling a little better now! I am working on garding some science projects now; once this set is finished, I have one more set of projects to grade by Tuesday. I also want to get four weeks of planning done. This should lower my stress level significantly!

Going to my brother's house for family Easter tomorrow. My sis-in-law basically eats paleo, so staying on plan should be easy. I always have snacks in my purse just in case! The temptation will be the cupcakes DD is making...ugh! But if she can bake them and not partake, then I can stay away, too!

Oh let the busy day begin!!!!! Today is our city's Easter egg hunt for the kids, then off to get a birthday party together at the park (hopefully the showers don't happen). Then to my brothers to dye eggs in preparation for tomorrow. Busy busy busy!. Hopefully I make it through today alive!

Sounds like a busy but FUN day! Enjoy!

The other day I wanted to eat less than 2 hours after I'd just had a Pure Protein 21 shake. I had to tell the inner child she wasn't hungry, she just wanted to eat. The adult took charge and found "us" something else to do until dinner time.

The Beck Diet Solution is really helping me identify cravings/phantom hunger (when my head wants to eat despite body not being hungry). It has taught me hunger is NOT an emergency and doesn't need to be dealt with immediately. Sometimes it is just enough to tell myself, "Yup, you're hungry but you're not starving (or dying). Our next meal is planned and it is at x:00. You'll live. Move on."

This isn't easy. But it works!

Wow, that hunger statement is so true! I have found that hunger is a signal, but not an alarm, like the washing machine beeping versus a smoke detector beeping. If I do not eat right away, the hunger actually goes away! I love retraining my brain!!

Excellent! Stay strong! (The wine will be better when it has aged more, anyway!) LOL :D

Great plan! Have fun playing and ignore the snacks and drinks. Excellent job for your first two weeks on plan!

Saw a great quote today: "Don't do something permanently stupid because you're temporarily upset!"

Love this!

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Renee, Exercise is a great way to deal with that stress. This week has flown by way too fast. Although it will be stressful, school will be over before you know it. I wish you a wonderful IP Easter, strength to resist those cupcakes and smooth sailing with your grading/planning.

ReenHag
04-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Renee, Exercise is a great way to deal with that stress. This week has flown by way too fast. Although it will be stressful, school will be over before you know it. I wish you a wonderful IP Easter, strength to resist those cupcakes and smooth sailing with your grading/planning.

Thanks! And yes, I know the rest of the school year will FLY by. In fact, I only have four weeks left of teaching the eighth grade. I cannot believe that!

lisa32989
04-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks! And yes, I know the rest of the school year will FLY by. In fact, I only have four weeks left of teaching the eighth grade. I cannot believe that!
I have 30 workdays in this school year.
Uh oh. I have LOTS to do!

AmberLS
04-19-2014, 12:03 PM

LOL I know I was counting kid contact days and we only see the kids 18 more times before it's over, and some of the littler ones not even that much. Then we have 5 more work days after that. Crazy how fast a school year goes. I still have so much to do with them!

IP43
04-19-2014, 12:50 PM
When is your school year over? I have to look at a calendar now but I go till the end of June...:?:

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 01:07 PM
School until June 19th here.

AmberLS
04-19-2014, 01:41 PM
My students get out the 21 and my children get out june 5, my last day is May 29! Bring on summer!

ReenHag
04-19-2014, 01:44 PM

I have 38, although only 28 with my eighth graders. One of those is a math meeting, and one is a field trip to HersheyPark. I can do this!! We can do this! But yes, LOTS to do!

AmberLS
04-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Funny that there are so many teachers on here! I wonder if it says something about our profession! LOL I don't know about you but at my school there is always food and junk. Teachers have junk drawers, kids bring candy, its EVERYWHERE!

Fearciuil
04-19-2014, 03:54 PM
We get out May 23rd. It's a half day for the kids, and the afternoon is supposed to be work time for the teachers to tear down their rooms for the summer.

:bravo: :cheer3: Congratulations to both of you!

Yayalaine
04-19-2014, 05:11 PM
So... I wasn't smart enough to measure my zucchini BEFORE I shredded it. I was so anxious about using my shredding gadget for the first time and trying to figure it out....

Anyway, I shredded it, then nuked it for a while, then put it in cheesecloth in a strainer to get the moisture out. So, now I have 1 cup exactly of already shredded zucchini. (I think I used 3 average size zucchini.)

For those of you who ARE smart enough to measure first... when you shred 1 cup of zucchini, about how much of a cup will it be after it's shredded? 1/2? 1/3? Less??

Thanks!!

Fearciuil
04-19-2014, 05:26 PM
So... I wasn't smart enough to measure my zucchini BEFORE I shredded it. I was so anxious about using my shredding gadget for the first time and trying to figure it out....

Anyway, I shredded it, then nuked it for a while, then put it in cheesecloth in a strainer to get the moisture out. So, now I have 1 cup exactly of already shredded zucchini. (I think I used 3 average size zucchini.)

For those of you who ARE smart enough to measure first... when you shred 1 cup of zucchini, about how much of a cup will it be after it's shredded? 1/2? 1/3? Less??

Thanks!!

I go by weight: for zucchini, 1c = 124g. Just make sure to measure RAW! ;)

(I realize that doesn't exactly help with your current dilemma, sorry....)

schenectady
04-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Today was a GOOD and surprising day. I have been vigilant on the program for a bit now and feeling good, so while running errands this morning, I dropped in a thrift store because they were having a great Easter sale. I needed to buy a second pair of size 14 jeans and decided to pick up a pair of size 12 for when....we all know that thought!

Then after I got home, my husband decided to go work so I took a few smaller clothes out of my closet to try on. Wedding of my nephew in Atlanta in July - nice soft pink floaty silk dress size 12. No zipper on the dress and yet it went all the way over and down! Now there were a few bumps and lumps that still need to disappear but I have 12 weeks.

Then came a beautiful Adrianna Papell smoke illusion top and sparkle sequin long dress for my son's wedding in October - gorgeous. My soon to be daughter in law loves it - size 10. Again, it went on (with a bit more of a struggle) but it pulled down and over my hips and stomach...albeit again with lumps and bumps.

Now I can see some saying 'what in the heck is she doing buying a size 10 and talking about lumps and bumps'?

It inspires me to know that I can get the dress on. That means with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.

Fearciuil
04-19-2014, 05:38 PM
@schenectady, how exciting! :bravo: :cp:

catlady1981
04-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Thanks!!

I find that I get about 1 1/4 c of shredded zucchini from a med. size (7"-8" long) squash. I buy the smaller ones because they are not as watery as the big ones. So if you used 3 you probably have close to 4 c. of raw.

65X65
04-19-2014, 06:36 PM
:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp:Today was a GOOD and surprising day. I have been vigilant on the program for a bit now and feeling good, so while running errands this morning, I dropped in a thrift store because they were having a great Easter sale. I needed to buy a second pair of size 14 jeans and decided to pick up a pair of size 12 for when....we all know that thought!

Then after I got home, my husband decided to go work so I took a few smaller clothes out of my closet to try on. Wedding of my nephew in Atlanta in July - nice soft pink floaty silk dress size 12. No zipper on the dress and yet it went all the way over and down! Now there were a few bumps and lumps that still need to disappear but I have 12 weeks.

Then came a beautiful Adrianna Papell smoke illusion top and sparkle sequin long dress for my son's wedding in October - gorgeous. My soon to be daughter in law loves it - size 10. Again, it went on (with a bit more of a struggle) but it pulled down and over my hips and stomach...albeit again with lumps and bumps.

Now I can see some saying 'what in the heck is she doing buying a size 10 and talking about lumps and bumps'?

It inspires me to know that I can get the dress on. That means with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.

:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::hug:: hug::hug::hug:

Pictures worth a thousand words.....

lisa32989
04-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Schenectady
Congrats on all those clothes!
My lumps and bumps will remain. It's just how I'm built
Thank goodness for spanx!

schenectady
04-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Schenectady
Congrats on all those clothes!
My lumps and bumps will remain. It's just how I'm built
Thank goodness for spanx!

Lisa, I am under no misapprehensions about my lumps - some will stay and some will go as I drop more weight. The summer dress might be worn with Spanx for support but do not know what July in Atlanta will mean to my comfort if I do?

October in Seattle should be no problem wearing Spanx to the wedding.

I WILL post photos once I have lost the rest of the weight with me in the dress. For now, this is the dress for my beloved son's wedding..not mine, a smaller size but it is the same look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adrianna-Papell-Gray-Full-length-Beaded-Sequin-Illusion-Bodice-Mesh-Gown-Size-4-/271436160385?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item3f32db1d81

Then the dress for summer wedding in Atlanta is this one:

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mizoDLuluXdTcdwokc95ecg.jpg

lisa32989
04-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Schenectady
That's gorgeous!

Ruth Ann
04-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Ditto schenectady - that is a gorgeous dress!

schenectady
04-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Well, ladies, it is thanks to you (and one or two others) that got me to where I can wear such a lovely dress. They don't make these in the size I was.....

Debup1
04-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Today I find that I cannot do anything physical, even raking or climbing stairs. I am on day 10 and have lost 6 pounds. Any ideas if I can add something besides another salad.

Ruth Ann
04-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Today I find that I cannot do anything physical, even raking or climbing stairs. I am on day 10 and have lost 6 pounds. Any ideas if I can add something besides another salad.

I don't know what weight you are now or how many packets you are currently having so that could change what my advice would be.

But assuming you're only having 3 packets already, are you getting all your packets, veggies, protein, salt, oil and water in? Very important.

if you're feeling that weak, try an egg white or two (hard boiled or scrambled with some of your veggies).

Yayalaine
04-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Today was a GOOD and surprising day. I have been vigilant on the program for a bit now and feeling good, so while running errands this morning, I dropped in a thrift store because they were having a great Easter sale. I needed to buy a second pair of size 14 jeans and decided to pick up a pair of size 12 for when....we all know that thought!

AWESOME!! I'm so proud for you!

3sisters
04-19-2014, 08:17 PM
One of the issues with using alts is looking at ALL the nutritients. Not just cals, not just net carbs, not just fat, but the whole picture. Those who go to a clinics and buy IP foods are paying to have all the "figuring" done for them.

In addition to keeping busy, be sure to PLAN your meals ahead of time. At first it might be difficult to not be so spontaneous but after a while, it gives us time to focus our thoughts and energy on other things. The food is already planned.

Sometimes it is just enough to tell myself, "Yup, you're hungry but you're not starving (or dying). Our next meal is planned and it is at x:00. You'll live. Move on."

Again, great advice, thank you.

Love it!

Eighth Graders! Wondering how they have reacted to their shrinking teacher?

....with continued vigilance, I can get rid of the bumps and that is sooooo exciting and makes me toe the line to be able to SHOW OFF! There, I said it. I want to be confident and small enough to show off for once in my life. There will be people at the wedding who have not seen me since I was at my highest weight. I intend to be about 130 or more pounds less by then.......just under 30 more to go.

Good for you! I am so excited for you. And the dress is STUNNING!! You will certainly turn heads!

RosiePosie101
04-19-2014, 10:02 PM

Schenectady, what an inspiring post!! I'm so pleased for you. I have every confidence in you that you will look gorgeous in 12 weeks time! Good luck. You got this!!!

dowey16
04-19-2014, 10:03 PM
When at my clinic this week they were out of the chocolate crepes and said they were having trouble getting them in, wonder if it is associated with the chocolate brownie shortage?

Noodles1984
04-19-2014, 11:13 PM
How are all you other teachers dealing with the stress that comes with the close of the school year? I am finding that the more I am stressed, the harder it is to drop weight. I have been STARVING all day long today and I would up eating about 6 more ounces of eat than I should have. I ate some lean beef cuts at my cousins baby's baptism today then came home to grade piles and piles of late work since the grading period closes Monday. That only made my hunger worse and I couldn't control myself when my dh made himself a yummy yummy smelling porkchop and ny strip steak. So I ate some....help! How are yall keeping the stress from taking over your lives??

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Noodles, I made a vow to myself that I would only indulge for joy. Right now on Phase 1, that leaves my restricted for joyful indulgence. If I allow myself to use food as a panacea for school stress, I will find myself right back where I started in Oct.

To be honest, it is a hard choice to stay OP. I drink a lot of herbal tea and water! I also check to see if it is a craving. If I am really hungry, I would be willing to eat a bowl of lettuce. That never happens :) I try to remember that if I add food to my school stress- I will have two problems. Good luck :hug:

Noodles1984
04-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Thanks slipfree. I've told myself that many, many times. This was my first actual "slip" and it scared me! I am going to three separate houses for Easter tomorrow so I just spent 30 minutes prepping salads and veggies bags so that I can stay 100% OP. I'm nervous that I did some major damage for the weeks weigh in, but since it was strictly protein I'm hoping it's not horrible. Yay for 36 school days left!

IP43
04-20-2014, 12:53 AM
I can't believe people are done teaching in MAY for the summer. Do you go back the beginning of August? I go till the last Friday in June. Sniff....

It is so lovely having a long weekend. I've had a brutal cold so was home sick Thursday, and have Good Friday and Easter Monday off.... I feel like a lady o' leisure! :) The eggs are now ready to be delivered tomorrow a.m. and our "treasure hunt" is set around the house. The Easter Bunny and I bid you all good night.:bunny2:

lisa32989
04-20-2014, 07:00 AM
I can't believe people are done teaching in MAY for the summer. Do you go back the beginning of August? I go till the last Friday in June. Sniff....

It is so lovely having a long weekend. I've had a brutal cold so was home sick Thursday, and have Good Friday and Easter Monday off.... I feel like a lady o' leisure! :) The eggs are now ready to be delivered tomorrow a.m. and our "treasure hunt" is set around the house. The Easter Bunny and I bid you all good night.:bunny2:

Ip43
My first day was Aug 5
And in St Louis it feels like summer by the end of May (thru until end of Sept usually). The pools are open and warm enough for swimming by then.
I'm originally from Michigan & it's not usually that warm there for several more weeks. MI has a law that school can't start until after US Labor Day (first Monday in Sept),

We had Fri off - they called it Spring recess (we don't get religious holidays) and we work Monday.

Wishing you quick recovery from your cold

Yayalaine
04-20-2014, 07:07 AM
I find that I get about 1 1/4 c of shredded zucchini from a med. size (7"-8" long) squash. I buy the smaller ones because they are not as watery as the big ones. So if you used 3 you probably have close to 4 c. of raw.

Thanks! Your info was helpful to me! I think my muffins came out OK, but I didn't like the flavor of the packets I used (pineapple banana). I will try it with different flavors next time.

lisa32989
04-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Thanks! Your info was helpful to me! I think my muffins came out OK, but I didn't like the flavor of the packets I used (pineapple banana). I will try it with different flavors next time.

I've found the drink mixes don't work for my muffins as well as the oatmeal or pudding mixes. I used to like blueberry before they discontinued the blueberry pudding. Now, wildberry yogurt, banana or lemon. Potato for savory rolls. Unfortunately for me the oatmeal & vanilla pudding mixes contain either gluten or soy. I restrict those.

Yayalaine
04-20-2014, 07:27 AM
I've found the drink mixes don't work for my muffins as well as the oatmeal or pudding mixes. I used to like blueberry before they discontinued the blueberry pudding. Now, wildberry yogurt, banana or lemon. Potato for savory rolls. Unfortunately for me the oatmeal & vanilla pudding mixes contain either gluten or soy. I restrict those.

I think I only have chocolate and vanilla pudding right now, but I bet those would be good. I want to try a "savory" version next... I think I would really like that with the zucchini. I bet the broc/cheese soup or chicken soup would be tasty. I haven't bought any potato puree, yet. I'll have to order that next time.

Yayalaine
04-20-2014, 07:41 AM
I just did a quick search for an alternative version of the IP potato puree. I didn't find anything. Do any of you know of an alternative product? Thanks!

JLUS
04-20-2014, 07:54 AM
I just did a quick search for an alternative version of the IP potato puree. I didn't find anything. Do any of you know of an alternative product? Thanks!

No one has found one yet, unfortunately!! I still buy those and a couple other favorite items from my IP clinic even though I went to alt products months ago.

3sisters
04-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Happy Easter, Happy Passover Week, Happy Sunday everyone!

The potato puree has proven versatile as a muffin mix, like Lisa said, and I like it as a 'tortilla' or wrap for fajitas. Has anyone tried making a potato soup out of it? With maybe some fresh herbs and perhaps some chunks of cooked cauliflower to 'mimic' chunks of potatoes? I have not tried this yet, but just wondering if it is any good as a soup.

AmberLS
04-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Happy Easter, Happy Passover Week, Happy Sunday everyone!

The potato puree has proven versatile as a muffin mix, like Lisa said, and I like it as a 'tortilla' or wrap for fajitas. Has anyone tried making a potato soup out of it? With maybe some fresh herbs and perhaps some chunks of cooked cauliflower to 'mimic' chunks of potatoes? I have not tried this yet, but just wondering if it is any good as a soup.

I used it to make a potato soup but what I actually did was combine the chicken noodle and the potato packets and split it in to two servings when I was sick one day.

IP43
04-20-2014, 11:39 AM
We had Fri off - they called it Spring recess (we don't get religious holidays) and we work Monday.

Well Lisa, they can call it whatever they like, or say "Seasons Greetings" in the winter but if you're not working on Good Friday or December 25th then you get religious holidays. :p

Thanks for the well wishes -- cold getting better but still pretty brutal.

Fearciuil
04-20-2014, 02:56 PM
:rolleyes: Up a pound this morning. I seem to have a small gain about every five days, for no discernable reason, and this morning fit the pattern. Ah, well. It'll be gone in a day or two.

Mulse
04-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Hope everyone is having a great Easter. I'm a teacher so we got the four day weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed the break.

I had a couple NSVs this weekend that I am pretty pleased about. First, we had friends over for Easter dinner yesterday (I know, early, but DH worked today) and I stayed 100% completely on plan. We decided as a group to do steaks, so I added cucumber salad, fried mushrooms and onions, and roasted peppers as our sides. I made an apple pie with vanilla ice cream for them for dessert and I saved my restricted for when they were eating dessert so I could 'join' them. Not a morsel of chocolate has passed through these lips today when normally, I have eaten a ton of it and be excited for tomorrow's 50% off chocolate.

I also painted my toenails last night! That is a HUGE NSV for me. It's been over three years since I've been able to do that for myself. I always have to get a pedicure because my stomach gets in the way of me bending to reach my toes. I did it last night without any issues!! YAHOO!

IP43
04-20-2014, 06:04 PM
:hat:We "toe"st your victory Mulse! :cheers: It's those types of things that make you appreciate the changes in your body. I know Lisa posted her "seatbelt" pic of there being extra strap left on the airplane seatbelt.

Now just to keep strong and stay away from the chocolate sales! We can do it! :nono:

Deana509
04-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Happy Easter, everyone!

So I got my new food order in the other day (I order by the month) and I got my new supplements, and to my surprise, the Omega 3's were different... Not a problem, because now I only have to swallow 2 pills, but I feel like my coach should have told me about the change... it was weird... haha
Sorry I haven't been around... School is kicking my butt, Finals are right around the corner! We have 22 days before I walk across that stage!
Have a great day everyone! I'll try to check back in (and eventually update my blog) soon!

dcs0826
04-20-2014, 07:35 PM
:hat:We "toe"st your victory Mulse! :cheers: It's those types of things that make you appreciate the changes in your body. I know Lisa posted her "seatbelt" pic of there being extra strap left on the airplane seatbelt.

Now just to keep strong and stay away from the chocolate sales! We can do it! :nono:

I LOVE your pun!

Today was a really hard day for me, but managed to stay 100% OP. We hosted Easter dinner and I prepared a lot of desserts. I automatically went to lick my fingers while cooking..crazy how it's such an automatic response..but I stopped myself. As hard as it was to stay OP, it was much easier than the disappointment I would have felt if I had cheated.

Chrztina
04-20-2014, 07:38 PM
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Easter has gone over well. My small NSV was only buying three very fancy Easter egg cupcakes for my kids. Normally I bake, but I think it would have been too much temptation. Those three cupcakes have now been safely consumed!

I'm also thrilled that my husband and kids are loving the new veggies. Last night we had roasted cabbage. There wasn't a crumb left over. Kale chips are also a new household hit! Who would have thought!

Slipfree
04-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Hope everyone is having a great Easter. I'm a teacher so we got the four day weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed the break.

I also painted my toenails last night! That is a HUGE NSV for me. It's been over three years since I've been able to do that for myself. I always have to get a pedicure because my stomach gets in the way of me bending to reach my toes. I did it last night without any issues!! YAHOO!

Hope you are reminded of your success every time you look at your pretty toes!

I LOVE your pun!

Today was a really hard day for me, but managed to stay 100% OP. We hosted Easter dinner and I prepared a lot of desserts. I automatically went to lick my fingers while cooking..crazy how it's such an automatic response..but I stopped myself. As hard as it was to stay OP, it was much easier than the disappointment I would have felt if I had cheated.

Congratulations for staying OP and baking desserts. You are amazing!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Easter has gone over well. My small NSV was only buying three very fancy Easter egg cupcakes for my kids. Normally I bake, but I think it would have been too much temptation. Those three cupcakes have now been safely consumed!

I'm also thrilled that my husband and kids are loving the new veggies. Last night we had roasted cabbage. There wasn't a crumb left over. Kale chips are also a new household hit! Who would have thought!

Wonderful planning! You are making changes in your life that are affecting your whole family, you must feel so proud of yourself. :bravo:

Hiker88
04-20-2014, 08:02 PM

I had a couple NSVs this weekend that I am pretty pleased about. First, we had friends over for Easter dinner yesterday (I know, early, but DH worked today) and I stayed 100% completely on plan. We decided as a group to do steaks, so I added cucumber salad, fried mushrooms and onions, and roasted peppers as our sides. I made an apple pie with vanilla ice cream for them for dessert and I saved my restricted for when they were eating dessert so I could 'join' them. Not a morsel of chocolate has passed through these lips today when normally, I have eaten a ton of it and be excited for tomorrow's 50% off chocolate.

Congrats on the NSV's! It seems like its the little things like painting your toenails that a person notices the most... I loved it when I started crossing my legs cause it was actually comfortable!!

getnlean
04-20-2014, 08:25 PM
I have felt awful since Friday, terrible allergies. I have not been able to force myself to eat the veggies. I have eaten the protein though. Just wondering how far this will set me back.

ReenHag
04-20-2014, 09:06 PM
How are all you other teachers dealing with the stress that comes with the close of the school year? I am finding that the more I am stressed, the harder it is to drop weight. I have been STARVING all day long today and I would up eating about 6 more ounces of eat than I should have. I ate some lean beef cuts at my cousins baby's baptism today then came home to grade piles and piles of late work since the grading period closes Monday. That only made my hunger worse and I couldn't control myself when my dh made himself a yummy yummy smelling porkchop and ny strip steak. So I ate some....help! How are yall keeping the stress from taking over your lives??

Definitely ask yourself if it is actual hunger or the return of old habits. If you are really hungry, some romaine leaves would satisfy you. Stress DEFINITELY affects weight loss! One reason I was in need of IP in the first place was due to stress eating and drinking. However, turning to food when stressed will make you feel more stressed (I can feel it coming through your post). You can do this, and being healthier is a big bonus! To try and keep stress from taking over, I plan a much as I can, both with regards to healthy meals and with school work. Best of luck with the rest of your year!

I am finished most of my teaching in May, but I go to school until June 13. My eighth graders finish classes May 23, then have exams and grad practice the next week, then graduate on June 2. I will have sixth and seventh graders till June 13, but that will be easy peasy!

Happy Easter, everyone!

So I got my new food order in the other day (I order by the month) and I got my new supplements, and to my surprise, the Omega 3's were different... Not a problem, because now I only have to swallow 2 pills, but I feel like my coach should have told me about the change... it was weird... haha
Sorry I haven't been around... School is kicking my butt, Finals are right around the corner! We have 22 days before I walk across that stage!
Have a great day everyone! I'll try to check back in (and eventually update my blog) soon!

Best of luck on finals and grad! How exciting!

AmberLS
04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Well I made it through my first, and really my last huge family celebration that revolves around food. I say last because I will be done by Thanksgiving unless something bad happens. I managed to avoid alcohol, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake (my fave), and a ton of other crap. I did however eat 2 hard boiled eggs in addition to my meat, although I only ate about 6oz of meat so I don't think I'm too far off. I think I did okay and I doubt I've done any damage. Officially weigh in for the week is tomorrow and I need another pound to get my 3 in so here's to hoping for a pound by morning! Happy Easter!