Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

Pages : [1] 2

jcatron243
04-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

jcatron243
04-18-2014, 05:50 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

My name is Jeni. I am married with 2 kids, Mak is 10, Tommy is 8. After Mak and Tommy were born, I spent four years losing weight. I went from 199 to 135. To get to that 135 I was working out 2-3 hours a day and eating 1200 calories. That weight wasn't maintainable for me. Then after a shoulder injury, I stopped working out completely and spent the next several years gaining back the weight I worked so hard to lose. In July I decided to take my body back. So I started running again and counting calories. My results:

July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8

My w/I day is the 22 of each month. I am in maintenance mode right now. (I am doing an okay job at this, but I find it really hard.) I haven't had time or ambition this past week to workout, which lead to crappy eating. So no more!!! I need to get my booty back on the treadmill (too wet outside to run). I may not be in loss mode, but I still need to watch what I am eating and portion control.

My Y is offering a 1/2 marathon class. It's a 12 week program meeting 3 times per week. I really want to take it, but running after working all day is going to be rough. (for those who are just getting to know me I work 12 hour shifts in a food processing plant.) I don't have long to decide because I'm sure the class will fill up fast.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute treadmill time
E keep it under control!
D focus my energy on being positive!

mtiger
04-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Well summer is a comin.... I need to get back into a bathing suit. YIKES!! Well last night was my first outside run of the year. It was really windy and super rocky. They had grated the road yesterday. It slowed me down a bit picking my way through the gravel. It felt great to be outside though. Bonus>>>>181.6 today. Now if I can just keep that going.

Have the day off today for Good Friday. Enjoy your weekend ladies.

jcatron243
04-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Mindy~ Great job!! I hope your loss holds!

DH and I got to the gym yesterday. My heart wasn't in it, but I worked out for 60 minutes.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E don't over do it!
D Work hard!

mothermavis
04-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Morning all! I am Mavis. 47, married and mother of 2 men.
One finishing his Masters, so he will be home for the summer. Other lives across the country. :( But he is happy, so I am too. Also have a spoiled fur baby, a very old bird and two jobs. I sell real estate and work as an injury adjuster for an insurance carrier.

I just finished a challenge at the Y, lost only about 10 pounds, but 3% of my body fat, so that was good. Have not worked out seriously since Tuesday, I broke a blood vessel in my eye and have to let it heal. It looks like **** and I have to wear my glasses which throws my depth perception off, so running is out. Yuck. Going for another walk today, figure better than nothing!!

Counting calories while watching carbs, running spinning and getting better at weights. Gonna get to goal.

W 100
E walk, weights
E OP
D keep moving forward

workinglikeadog
04-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Morning ladies. I am mother of a hs senior, help manage the family farm/garden/windbreaks w/ dh and paint humorous acrylic mixed media in my studio. Refocusing on goals/action this week, making some progress.

Mavis, sending healing energy, hope your eye recovers quickly.

Mindy, congrats on getting out there for your first run and seeing scale moment(loss). You can do it!

Jeni, maintenance is a challenge, your focus on keeping up good habits is inspiring.

Kris, you are so right, today is tomorrow. Focus Energy for All.

Carma - how are you?

So I need a kick in the backside on the Exercise portion, so tired lately. Will work on Vit C/water hoping to feel better.

jcatron243
04-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

MM~ great job on the 10 pound loss! I hope your eye gets better soon!

Diana~ I hear you on the energy! I've been so exhausted too. That's why I let my workouts slide last week. I decided that no workout is a bad workout, so even if I only run a mile it is still doing me good!

So after saying that, yesterday's after work run did not happen. A potluck for work was thrown at me (and so was last minute Easter dinner shopping).I am really hoping the festivities at the in-laws will be over by the time I get off work so I can come home and workout, but if not I will settle for my Monday night workout.

W 64 oz
E nothing planned today
E watch my portions
D only eat what I am hungry for, nothing more. NO CANDY!

Nixmom
04-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Morning Weedies.

Kris here. 42. Overweight. Overworked. Overwhelmed. Wife. Mom/Stepmom to 4 (24,14,12,9). Love these girls on this thread. Need to love myself enough to get AND STAY focused on my health.

Current Weight: 227.4
Goal 6/21/14: 207.4
That's 9 Weeks for 20 lbs. With even a pinch of focus, I can pull it off. I have been incredibly lazy, and quick to justify why I can "start tomorrow". I'm done kidding myself.

Thank you, ladies, for continuing to be here, and not fade like threads have over the years. You truly are a safe place to land.

So, I having a "can't every one in my house just play the silent game today" moment. I am overjoyed that we are celebrating the "rolling away of the stone" but must it sound like a demolition derby all the time? Must the kids voices be twice the required volume ALL THE DANG TIME? I am sucking the fun right out of Easter today.:?:

I digress... So I am going to hit the store this evening and get my fridge restocked with healthy stuff and prep for the week ahead. I am thinking this will help with my energy level as well. Looking forward to a successful move toward my Summer Body!

Weed for this challenge:
Water: 64 oz a day moving to 110
E: Dogs 3 X a week for 30. Yoga 2xawk in AM
E: WW Tracking, Bed at 9pm, No starchy stuff after 2:30 PM
D: Believe in yourself.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I'll be here. Checking in just bought a spot back on my priority list. :) Here's to summer. Bring it!

mothermavis
04-20-2014, 01:04 PM

Here is a happy pic. This is my fur baby. He is 4 today!

Kris, hugs, we will be here and we are going to help each other meet out goals. I am going to lose the same 20 with you. My birthday is June 8. I want to be down 17 by then, that will get me to a good place for summer riding!

Jeni, Hope Easter is good to you!

Diana, Happy Easter!

W 100
E Eye is still gross, going to walk again
E Perfect on plan, no rolls or garbage with Easter dinner
D Keep moving forward

Nixmom
04-20-2014, 01:40 PM

Here is a happy pic. This is my fur baby. He is 4 today!

I LOVE HIM!!!!! Happy Birthday Fur Man! Funny Ms. Wendy. My new dog had a birth date listed of JUNE 8 :D No wonder he is so amazining!

mothermavis
04-20-2014, 01:41 PM
LOL, me and Rawly and sharing the day! Love it!

soon2beskinnyCarma
04-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi Ladies, No time for personals but I am still alive. Will try to get in on tomorrow night for some overdue fill in/catch up on your lives.

jcatron243
04-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Kris~ It's good to see you back here!

MM~ Love the pic of your doggie!!

Carma~It's good to see you too!!

Yesterday was pretty good. I made it through the day without overeating (too much :)) I don't know what is going on with me, but I am so exhausted lately. I'm still drinking my smoothies (without the chia seeds since I ran out.) Maybe I will cut out the carbs again at night and see if that helps with my energy level.

W~64 oz!
E~ I assume DH and I are heading to the gym tonight. If I do I promise if there is a treadmill available I will run on it!
E~ cut out carbs at night this week to see if it helps my energy level.
D~ run for my workout tonight. Slow pace is fine, just run.

mtiger
04-21-2014, 07:27 AM
So I was so thrilled to hit 181 the other day...well I just got shot in the foot. Back up all the way to 185. Lackluster workouts and pizza and Easter did me in I guess. Well I am getting back at it hard today. Need to get in some really good workouts and eat better...for sure.

soon2beskinnyCarma
04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Okay ladies, I am exhausted but promised I would post.

Mindy: glad vacation was good. That snow was freaky. Worst winter I can remember.

Mavis: I hope your dad is tolerating chemo ok. My mom's chemo was gemcitabine which was supposed to be the koolaide-aide of chemo. Many prayers out to you. I know all to well the strain your going through.

Jeni: did I hear your a maintainacne girl now? Sounds like running is going well.

Diana: the no whites is hard.

Nurse Michelle: hi.

soon2beskinnyCarma
04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Okay quick update on me. I went off the wagon at PMS time. Finally lost all the weight back just in time to go off the wagon for Easter. My trainers were disappointed. I had some family stressors too but ultimately I know that the root of the problem is sabotage fat Carma. Every time I get close to 200 I find a way to mess it up. So frustrating.

Family stressors: sister has 75% chance of kidney cancer the biopsy is supposed to happen this week. My brother had a heart scare. My fit brother who does bike races and runs. Children are at each other's throats and my daughter has decided to start growling at my husband which is going over like a fart in church. Ugh.

Training. I am on week 11 day 1 of 10 k training. I need to find a race to do to not lose steam. Still uber slow. I lost an inch in the thigh. Somehow gained 1.5 inches in my hips. Since my pants are looser I think that was a measurement error. I lost 1/2 inch in the waist and upper arm. Gained an inch in the bust but that was a different bra on. Gained a 1/4 inch in the neck.

So I went into last week working hard. Blew it on Easter and today diet wise. My goal for this challenge is 195. I was 201.8 this am.

Weed
W:100 oz
E: 60 minutes a day minimum.
E: stick to the plan next 3 weeks.
D: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

~ Carl Bard

That is my mantra the next few weeks. Oh and going to do daily check ins. Hugs to all. Carma

mothermavis
04-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Carma, :hug: thank you. It's been a rough few weeks.

Mindy, I have been stuck so long I am starting to think Ill just stay here.

Jeni, hope Easter went well, I made it to the Y yesterday and did 40 on the elliptical (still could not run with my glasses, 2 uncoordinated with the bifocal) got my lenses in this AM so running and lifting tonight!

Kris, I miss you.

Working, hope all is well!

OK, not much time. New delicious smoothie.
Spinach, frozen banana (or ice an a banana) tablespoon of natural PB, cup of skinny almond milk (the 30-40 calories ones) awesome and about 200 calories for a huge portion. Making it again today!

W 100
E running tonight, 50 squats thru the day shoulders tonight and crunches before my shower
E POP, no freaking candy dish!!!!!!!!!!!
D I feel better when I eat clean, so do it

****PS Getting a personalized plate for my motorcycle. 6 letters. Ideas?

mtiger
04-22-2014, 07:33 AM
GGRR!! That's all I've got this morning. Got in a 3.5 mile run before the rain. Weight??? Let's not go there...

jcatron243
04-22-2014, 11:47 AM
MM~ I'm glad you got your lenses back. I hope you get in an excellent workout today!

Carma~ :hug: I hope your sister is okay. How scary that must be. Family stressors are the worst.

Mindy~ What a frustrating day for you. I wish I could say something that would help. I do understand the frustration. Just keep up the good workouts and keep eating right.

It seems that we are all facing some serious frustrations lately. I am frustrated by my lack of energy and the lack of enthusiasm I have for my workouts. Family struggles or personal struggles, I know when I am facing all of it I find myself thinking "who cares if I eat the______. I just don't care if I skip my workout today". . . .But it is our inner selves that end up paying for it. I'm not even thinking about the scale. It is that part of me that wants to be there for my self worth. I've struggled with this for the past 9 months, and I always feel so much more positive about myself when I workout. It is such a nasty circle, isn't it. When we let the frustration get the best of us, so we eat something, or skip a workout. That action leads us to guilt, or more frustration, then back to the scale with the hopes it wasn't to bad of a mistake, then the circle continues. I wish I had the answer to it all.

So today is my official Weigh in day:
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8
April 22~~146. :(

Oh poo. I expected a gain after a couple of weeks of lackluster workouts and not eating very well. So I am going to hop back on the bandwagon of no whites at night. I got in a very slow but with random inclines (on the treadmill) run at the Y last night. 2.5 miles. DH is losing his enthusiasm for working out since he isn't really losing. I forced him to the Y last night, but it was SO busy we only got in 35 minutes, before we decided to call it a night. I am going to head out for a run here in a little bit, but I am also hoping to convince DH that we really need to workout tonight (although the steam room will be much nicer.)

We have a local 5k on Saturday. I am considering racing in it, but we are planning an outing for that day (shoe shopping for the kids). Maybe I can convince the family for a late start?

AND the big question for myself...Do I take the Y training class for the 1/2 marathon??? I've been looking into what the class entails. Trail running, interval running, and strength and stretching exercises. I think the Saturday runs will be longer run days and I will have to run after work ever other Saturday, but I think it will be worth it in the end. If for no other reason than keeping me going. I just don't know if I am up for the cost.

W 80 oz! DRINK WATER!!!!
E run. I'm going to get out there and start off with a 4 mile plan, but if I feel like it I will continue on to make it longer.
E Keep it clean.
D Listen to my body. NOT MY MIND! a friend who ran the Boston Marathon yesterday (and a huge inspiration to me) lost her number bib. (we were all surprised they let her keep running!) She lost it at about the 10k mark. She trained so hard to get her official time down but without the bib, she knew there would be no official time. She said that she nearly quit because she was so upset. She said the real struggle for the rest of the race was a mental one. I'm using her as my reminder to ignore my inner demons.

workinglikeadog
04-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Difficult week, guess I am not alone. Starting to get mad at myself, combo of tired, lazy, bad habits = NOT Good! O.K. This is were I am, I can change one thing, just one thing and make a difference. Today I will get back to a cleaner diet. Will report back tomorrow.

Hugs and strength to all my fellow chicks. :hug:

jcatron243
04-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Diana! You are definitely not alone on the tough week!

I got in my 4 miles (outside). Average pace was 10:46.

jcatron243
04-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Good Morning everyone. Another work day!

I got in a second 35 minute workout at the gym last night. It was low impact, but still a workout with DH. Then we hit the steam room. It was very nice.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E no white at night
D I can control my happiness

mothermavis
04-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Off to the Y

w 100
e running this am, not feeling like spinning
e pop bake sale at work today, stay away
d choose for the body you want, ot the body you have

workinglikeadog
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Off to take my dog on a walk (& me too!). I will eat clean foods today and will drink water. Today I will turn my slump around - I come first!

soon2beskinnyCarma
04-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Okay, I posted something yesterday and the computer ate it as it isn't here now. Grr.
200.0 on the scale this am. :woohoo:
NSV for me today, actually able to get my feet flat in downward dog. Total fail on tree but felt awesome in downward dog tonight.

Diana: You've got this. You can turn the slump around. Focus on the skinny girl trying to get out. Don't let the fat chick win. :hug:

Mavis: Did you manage to avoid the bake sale?

Jeni: Nice job on the run. I can't wait until I am under 11 minute mile pace. I just keep telling myself if I can run further the speed will come.

Mindy: Hope your scale treated you well this morning. :hug:

Kris: Hope your hectic life isn't turning to bad choices. Hang in there. :hug:

WEED for tomorrow.
W: 100oz
E: Going to try to run in the am. Then going to be sneaky and do my weight training at work if I don't have time in the am. We will see.
E: Going for day 3 keeping it under 1300. I can do this and stick to the plan.
D: There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.

Nixmom
04-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Sisters! I'm alive. Work tough this week night time meetings. Budget cuts AGAIN and I have literally, and I mean literally, been in meetings for 3 days straight back to back from 8am to 5pm. I'm pooped, but here.

To top it off, hubbies youngest had been struggling (is failing) 4th grade and his mom is a major part of the problem.

Lots to deal with. If I survive my scheduled 3hour budget reduction meeting with the City Manager tomorrow, I will be back here with a glass of wine to catch up.

I'm not dead yet. ;)

jcatron243
04-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Carma~ Congrats on the 200 mark!! Its my philosophy to work on distance rather than speed. I don't race, so faster isn't necessary.

Diana~I hope you enjoyed your walk with the dog.

MM~ did you end up in spin class??

I ended up not running yesterday. I find that I need a day off of running after running outside. I really wasn't up for going to the Y either.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E no whites at night
D focus on the positive voices

Kris~I hope you find me time. I know how difficult it can be.

mothermavis
04-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Carma, Love your D, Really, really love. How is your sister holding up? Scary stuff.
Different note....:carrot: for downward dog. I mostly avoided the bake sale but did have a couple small things. Better than I have been lately, but still lots of room for improvement!

Kris, Miss you, glad you were able to check in. Hope you can help the youngest and still get thru the budget wars.

Jeni, 5k on Saturday? Sounds fun! We all need a kick in the pants to get us back on the path. I was reading what you wrote on your weigh in (which was still fab by the way) You are right, 100%, fall off plan, gain, skip the gym, eat badly, check the scale, pout (and eat) and on and on.

Carma's D D: There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.

Diana, was yesterday a better day? Slump broken?

W 100
E On my way to spin as soon as I finish this post!
E OP
D Borrowed from Carma D: There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.

mtiger
04-24-2014, 07:33 AM
Golly..I miss posting one day and you guys are burning up the board. Not sure I can comment to all.

Jeni- Your times are an inspiration. I was "fast" last night. Idid 3.5 at 12:11 pace. That's good for me.

Kris- Hang tight. Sorry about the kiddo. 4th grade is tough..trust me I know. I deal with it everyday. Division is whooping my kids butts right now.

So I have gotten in some good runs this week but the bad thing is I have a foot issue. It feels fine while running but when I stop it hurts like crazy. It is on the side, top part of my foot. When I take my shoe off it settles down and doesn't hurt. Frustrating. Scale...boo. 184.4

workinglikeadog
04-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Morning Ladies, I am happy to say I am back OP. I have a challenging weekend starting tonight with dinner at friends. I have chosen to bring my own food as all foods will be whites, can't go there. Tomorrow I'm going to a district meeting all day and must choose wisely from potluck foods. I'm bringing a dessert I can eat ( whipped creme-no sugar and fresh berries). Gonna go for a walk after this thread. Guess I will try to get some pm exercise in tonight as there will be no time for it tomorrow. I will bring my own water bottle Sat so I can measure my water intake - wish me luck.

Thank YOU Carma, Jeni and Mavis for your encouragement.

Kris, oh so many meetings, hope you can find some pm time for yourself.

Jeni, JUST SAY No(Nike it!) to any inner voice that is not all loving - stay strong.

Carma, love your yoga antics, Maybe that is what I should try this pm, balance is good and does take practice.

Mavis, good to see you - keep spinning. ps, love your quote on pick your hard: fat, diet, maintaining - this is Real!

Mindy, hope your foot issues can be resolved soon.

jcatron243
04-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Diana~ Great Job being OP!!! It sounds like you have a great plan!

Mindy~ I hope your foot pain goes away. Maybe try a wrap, but if it gets worse get it checked out.

MM~I won't be participating in the 5k after all. Bummer. But we will go shoe shopping and a nice outing to the beach so its all good.

Kris~It's good to know you are alive. Keep checking in. Even if you aren't OP!

It is a great day for a run, but Not for me. I am having a huge bummer of a day. I didn't sleep last night either. I hope to get my issues, resolved is a loose term, but it is the best I have.

W working on drinking it. I think I am at 40 oz so far
E nothing today.
E be good and eat. I'm not an emotional eater. I don't eat when I am emotional.
D I would like to step off of the emotional rollercoaster.

mothermavis
04-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Jeni, :hug: Enjoy the beach tomorrow. I am jealous!!!

mothermavis
04-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I had to go to a birthday party this afternoon, but have been pretty laid back other than that.

W 100
E ran this am and took the dog for a wander, kind of cold and damp
E Very successful food day thus far, its 8 pm, so if I get any crazy urges now, I'll go to bed
D One day at a time

mtiger
04-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Had an outing yesterday. Went out of town to Steinmart to do some clothes shopping. I got a few things. Bought two dresses that hide the fat rolls...yay!! Un fortunately eating wasnt the greatest and haven't worked out in a few days. Foot feels pretty good so gonna try and hit the treadmill today. Need to get hubby out of bed though.

MM- Enjoy the party...just not too much.

Jeni- Keep working on that mojo thing.

Working- Good for you and planning food ahead of time. Good luck.

I was in the mood to bake. Looking at a recipe for redvelvet cream cheese bars..Hubby said "Why?" So I guess I won't make them. Don't need them.

jcatron243
04-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Hi ladies!!

I'm in a really good mood yesterday and today. I've determined I need to have my hormone levels checked. My pms mood swings are out of control. I'm going to call for a doctors appointment tomorrow.

Tommy begged me to take him running today. We got in a decent mile run. (Even DH decided to run).

W64 oz
E just a mile but it was a good one!
E clean eating
D Keep the good mood rolling.

mothermavis
04-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Jeni, running with the family sounds awesome! Yay for happy days!

Mindy, The party was for our Priest, not going overboard there! :D Took a couple spoonfuls of a few different things and done, No cake, just unsweetened tea to drink.

Diana, I had the same dessert tonight. Stawberries, blackberries and cream. Yummy!

Carma, How are you doing?

Kris, miss ya!

W 100 already over that for today
E rest day, I did some upper body weights though
E OP, good day.
D planning is key, so I am getting ready for the week

mtiger
04-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Actually did 5 miles yesterday, but only ran and logged 4.5 of them. Scale...poop on it. Day 54 no TOM. This is getting old. Should I try joining WW or Medical weight loss? Can't seem to do this on my own.

jcatron243
04-28-2014, 11:28 AM
MM~Running with the family was great!! DH couldn't believe how out of shape he felt after working out at the Y for almost 5 months. I told him he should start running with me. At least a couple miles a week.

Mindy~ You are doing an awesome job on running!!! I don't have any advice on the evil scale. Maybe a nutritionist can help? Have you tried a gluten free diet? I know its "all the rage" right now, but It may be something worth trying. I'm considering it.

Diana~ I was thinking of you this weekend while I was working in my garden. Last year I started with a small 4 x 4 raised garden. This year I expanded with several pots and a pallet. Tommy volunteered me for sending in 23 Ziploc baggies of gardening soil for a school project, that was fun. (edit: then I found out he only needed 3/4 of a gallon of soil. )

Kris~ I hope that you are taking some time for yourself.

Carma~ I hope all is doing well! I know you were getting really close to Onederland!!

W 80 oz
E run. I'm going to start with 4 miles but I may go farther since my mind is really with it today.
E Keep it clean. I want to get off that extra 4 pounds that I gained this month.
D Keep the good mood flying. 2 days and counting.

Nixmom
04-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Quick stop ladies. I apologize in advance. The next 3 weeks will be spotty at best for me getting here. I miss you all terribly.

Going to be selfish and have to skip personals AGAIN. Working from home at night to keep up.

I did FINALLY log all my food in WW today. Consider it day one. Water sucks. Exercise - nonexistant. Food logged though.

Hoping for a slowdown. Hugs to you all. I'm here, I promise.

jcatron243
04-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Kris~ It's good to see you.

Yesterday's run was really good. I didn't feel winded until the end of my fourth mile. I should have kept going, but I didn't.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes at the gym
E keep it clean
D enjoy the little things!

workinglikeadog
04-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Mindy, great job at deciding not to make the redvelvet cream cheese bars. I like the possibility of you trying a wheat free diet to see if it will help you lose weight. I didn't think I had any problems, but boy did I see and feel the difference. I think it is stuff in the processing( chemicals) maybe even more than the wheat??

Jeni, How was the beach -oh that does sound lovely! Keep up your good mood and hope you can even out those hormones, let us know what the doc says.

Mavis, Berries are so good, I have been buying them fresh for a while now and feel very lucky to buy them in the store. Your exercise is inspiring, ok - so I'm gonna go for a walk and think about toning( maybe something small to start with).

Hang in there Kris that's what I'm doing, one day at a time this week!

Hi Carma!

mtiger
04-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Did something a little different last night. Went for a bike ride with my hubby. We did 10 miles. It was pretty windy and several hills were involved. Good workout and fun!!!

Jeni- I see you walked with your hubby. Nice!!

Working- I don't know about the gluten free thing but I may check out weight watchers this weekend.

Kris- Drop in when you can. You are always on my mind. Hey that could make a good song.

jcatron243
04-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Diana~ Think I am going to spend a month doing gluten free. I have been doing no whites at night, but there are so many gluten free products out there that I am really interested in trying it. AND since for some reason I can't seem to get my scale to stop moving in the up direction I thought it would be a good try. The beach was good. We went to Seaside (OR). It was raining, but we are used to the rain.

Mindy~ great job on the bike ride!!! DH and I are going to get bikes for the summer for outings with the kids. Our walk was a little interrupted when we ran into a couple of friends, but it was a really nice evening.

My friend told me about a half marathon here in my hometown on June 7. I am so nervous about trying it, but she said its a perfect first half. There is no specific pace to keep. Its June 7 so I really need to pick up my training. As of right now, YES I am going for it. I'm scared, but totally excited for it at the same time. For a really small town an hour away from any good urban area, we have a good running community with a ton of 5k's and 10k's.

Well, my kiddo is sick today so I will spend this beautiful day taking care of him. I may go out for a run, but chances are I will run on the treadmill today.

W 80 oz
E I'm shooting for 6.5 miles today (EDITING: I ran 7.25 miles today. I did run on my treadmill at a 12 min mile pace. It was a surprisingly easy run at that pace.)
E clean. so sugar.
D take good care of my little boy.

mtiger
05-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Did a three miler last night. Scale keeps going up (sound familiar Jeni). One would think that meant impending TOM but no sign. It has been around 50 days now. Think I will hit the gym tonight where I can do some leg machines.

jcatron243
05-01-2014, 10:52 AM
HAPPY MAY DAY!

Mindy, Dang ole scale, how can it go up when we work so hard?! Great job on the run!!

So it is the first of the month. I am going to challenge myself this month.

W~ Well drinking anyway~ No Alcohol all month long. This one will be difficult. Not that I drink a lot. Maybe a glass of wine or 2 on my days off. BUT its one more thing my body can do without.

Exercise~ Weights and strength every day. I have really slacked on this since Disneyland. I know better.

Eats~ For 30 days I am going to go gluten free. It will be a struggle at first, but with a bit of label reading I will do it!

Daily Goal~~ Laugh everyday. Work hard to keep my emotions in check.

Today:

W 80 oz
E run 7 miles outside :) I thought about a timed run, maybe 90 minutes? But my goal distance is seven miles. Abs and Arms
E gluten free foods~ go grocery shopping to stock up!
D~Take the kids to school with DH. Smile

workinglikeadog
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Weight is up, not measuring water /food or writing foods down - CRAZY!!! Jeni, I am in need of a new pledge and like your monthly commitment, Thank YOU :D.

Refocus POWER for the month of May:
Water - will measure my water every day - (minimum of 50 oz per day).
Ex - will get in 10,000 steps per day and 20 mins of organized exercise daily- anything is good( today I hope to get in Yoga).
Eats - re-commit to no whites diet, watch portion size and write down everything that I eat.
Determination - this is a crazy making month with my (only child) ds graduating from hs and an art show opening the same week. I need to put my daily nutrition first! I CAN do this.

jcatron243
05-02-2014, 05:31 AM
Yes Diana, We can get ourselves back under control!

Day 1~ Went okay. I went shopping and got some really good food for the week. I completely followed my plan.

I got in a pretty good run, but I was annoyed that my app paused at .25 mile (I think) and I didn't realize it until I was at my first mile marker. I believe I ended up at 7.35 miles over all. (6.6 recorded). 11 minute pace.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run on the treadmill.(work day) Abs/Arms
E Gluten Free.
D Enjoy today's taco potluck, but stick to a salad and take my own GF sour cream. Laugh out loud at least once.

mothermavis
05-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Jeni, love your goals. Going to join you on the no booze one til we leave for vacay on the 31st!

W 100
E Running tonight? Abs and squats
E POP. want to be in the 130's when we leave on vacay.
D Life is good, enjoy

mtiger
05-02-2014, 07:20 AM
No workout last night. Weight still up but no gain. Think I will check out WW tomorrow. Need to try something different. We all seem to be struggling with our personal weight issues right now. Man!!

jcatron243
05-03-2014, 05:45 AM
MM~It was very hard not to have a glass of wine with dinner last night, and it was only day 2.

Mindy~ WW is a good program.

I didn't run yesterday. I decided that after two 7 mile runs I needed a rest day. I did do my Arms and Abs though.

I stayed gluten free all day (even though it was SO HARD after work!).

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run, Abs
E GF
D enjoy the people that I am around.

mothermavis
05-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Jeni, great job sticking with plan! I didn't run either. More free time today though, so I can!

Mindy, good luck with WW!

Diana, Good luck with graduation and the art show!

Carma and Kris, miss you ladies!

w 100
e running and toning and loads of housework
e make great choices
d choose to be happy

workinglikeadog
05-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Morning Chicks. I may get some painting time in this weekend if the wind keeps up. Have to exercise after posting and not sure but will try for an outdoor walk. Doing better writing down foods, a bit better on foods and having to work on the water to get it done- so improving and it already shows on the scale.

Jeni, like the laugh out loud agenda, very nice reminder to keep it light. Mavis, thanks for the extra luck (or cluck as in my chicken paintings). My body of farm animal art work has been with humor intended. Themes include "Chicken Impossible" and "Barnyard Punks". Show opening is June 5th, ds graduation is June 7th.

Mindy, hope the scales favored you today.

Refocus POWER for the month of May:
Water - will measure my water every day - (minimum of 50 oz per day).
Ex - 10,000 steps/day and 20 mins of organized exercise
Eats - re-commit to no whites diet, watch portion size and write down everything that I eat.
Determination - Put my daily nutrition first! I CAN do this.

mtiger
05-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Made it to WW today and signed up. We shall see how this goes. I start out with a confirmation party tomorrow. Nice!! Gonna hit the gym first.

Nixmom
05-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Holy COW it is hard to get back here! (MARATHON POST WARNING)

Just had 3 straight days of 45 to 80mph winds and our city is tree graveyard. (For those of you don’t know, I am the Public Works Director in the town I live in, so events like this turn my 12 to 14 hours days into longer ones. I have been working non stop for the last week. I am emotionally exhausted, but a proud boss of the 75 men (and 5 women) I oversee. They pulled off herculean tasks these last few days. Reminds me why I love my job when people pull together.

So I got a little rest and now I’m back. Thank goodness! I missed (and needed) you girls. I went to a fund raiser last night call LunaFest. If you have a soroptomist club in your area, support them. They do good things for girls and women. The fund raiser was a viewing of 9 short films about womens issues, made by women. It was awesome. May have been the breaking point for me realizing I need to put some time back into me. I know this is where I get fed to that. Thank you ladies, for always being here.

Mtiggie – :hug: I am on WW but have been horrible about logging. It's pretty ridiculous that I pay and don't and I think I need some thing different too. I came to the conclusion that between my grueling job, and crazy night meeting attendance, I have to just be able to grab and go and not count. I actually picked up a Nutrisystem Jumpstart Kit from Walmart. It was $45 bucks and I am gonna start it Monday (it’s a 5 day thing) and see if it helps. You have WAY more discipline than I. WW will surely help you move that number sister. I paid through like June, so if I tank on NS I’ll come back and find you (and Carma) there.

JCat – :hug: Gluten free! Good girl. And a ½ marathon! Good for you Jen! You amaze me how you just keeping pushing yourself through any challenge this life throws in front of you. Here’s to extra energy for training! I wanna be a runner when I grow up. I hear its heavenly when you find your groove.

Mavie –:hug: missin’ you too girl! When was that Tinkerbell Run? Wonder if we should still consider doing it!

Diana – :hug: I WANT TO SEE ONE OF YOUR PAINTINGS! I think I said it before, but I soooo miss the crafty side of me. I hope to have a “space to create” once we get into the new house. Do you ever sell anything online? BTW – good on ya for getting back to journaling that food and soaking up that water. Both habits are game changers in a good way for the healthier versions of ourselves that we are creating!

Carma – :hug: How are you holding up? 200 according to the last post I see from you. Get back here and report that you made it to ONEDERLAND! Hope all is well with you missy!

NurseMichelle? Did I see your name in here?

So WEED for the week of 5/4/14
W- 80oz M T W H F
E - 2 dog walks 30 Minutes each/1 yoga pose a day (why not?)
E - S – choose wisely / M-F NS jumpstart/ S – choose wisely
D – I still got game!

Sidebar - I am ready to hit "submit" as the smell of bacon fills my home. DH has decided to do breakfast for dinner. Oye......

jcatron243
05-04-2014, 05:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

MM~I hope you got a chance to run yesterday, I didn't.

Diana~Your refocus list looks great! You can do it!

Mindy~ I hope weight watchers works for you!

Kris~I'm so glad you had your moment of realization that you need some me time! It is so important for us and our relationships to have me time. (BTW the tinkerbell half for 2015 is in May)

No run yesterday, I was so completely exhausted from work. I think I was in bed by 7.

I stayed GF all day and no wine!

W 64 oz
E abs and arms
E GF
D Ignore the demons!! listen to music, LAUGH!

mothermavis
05-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Registration for the Tinkerbell opens in August and like Jeni said, it's next May! Love to fly to Cali and run with you gals!

W 100
E Doing some squats and abs and either Zumba or elliptical
E POP, so far so good!
D Choices, make the ones that take you to where you want to be

Nixmom
05-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Well, I managed to eat everything I wont be able to on Nutrisystem. Tomorrow is the big DAY 1. I have ordered gift cards $80 each for $100 worth of NS. Should arrive on Tuesday. In the mean time I have my 5 day package I got yesterday.

Mavie/Jen - I would LOVE to do the tinkerbell run. If I have until August to sort out my weight and get myself to moving like a runner between now and then, I am totally in. I am only 1.5 hours from D-land, so the big travelers would be the rest of you girls. Maybe we can pull it off!

Off to bed. Looking forward to being commited to myself from the moment I wake up tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well. Nighters!

jcatron243
05-05-2014, 05:42 AM
Kris~there is also plenty of time to train between August and May :)

MM~I like your D!

I got home from work and I had a knot on the bottom of my calf. It hurt like heck too. Today the lump is gone, but there is a sore bruise. I have no idea how it happened.

I really wanted to run yesterday, but I had to go and get replacement earbuds because mine blew yesterday. Then dinner was done when I got home. :)
W 64 oz
E arms and abs
E GF
D Listen to more music on my breaks, it really helped me stay relaxed at work.

mothermavis
05-05-2014, 06:17 AM
I'd love to run the Tinkerbell with you ladies. When we get closer to August, we'll sort it out more. :D

Kris, Happy Monday, you got this!! :cheer:

Jeni, Sounds like a great day minus the sore calf, ended up with new earbuds and DINNER DONE! :carrot:

Mindy, how was the confirmation party?

Yesterday was quiet for me, skipped the workout and spent it with Hubby, today I can't work out in the AM, car has to go to the shop, can't be that late to work and all. Going to have to make time after work today. Supposed to be sunny, so will get out on time and take the dog for a walk in the woods.

Diana, Carma, Hope all is well!

W 100
E Walking at lunch? Abs, upper body weights and a little hike tonight. Can I get to 10k steps?
E POP
D I am responsible for my choices and for what goes in my mouth too.

W 100

mtiger
05-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Okay let me rant...

Started the day with cereal and banana. Went to the gym and ran my fastest 4 miles, then walked one with hubby. Party.... Ham sandwich on a bun, 1 slice cheese, small scoop of potato salad and one of pasta salad, fruit salad, jello and 1/2 piece of cake (split with hubby). One granola bar and small bowl of chili was dinner. My "indulgence" small piece of chocolate with a smear of peanut butter.

Doesn't sound too bad..right?? Gained 1/2 pound. WTH??? I was on track with my fitbit even. I just can't seem to get this right.

Kris- I wish you all the luck in the world with NS....Give it a whirl girl

MM and Jeni- A half marathon seems so daunting to me. 5 miles seems like an entire marathon and I don't even run the whole thing. We shall see....

Nixmom
05-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Day One is a POP success. I ENJOYED the NS items. I chose wisely with the snacks. I blew it on water. I did not walk the dog. I hope that I can get to bed and to sleep before my gut figures out I'm hungry. :D

Mtiggie - That would have put 1/2 lb on me too. And believe me, I like that menu! I think its due, not to the amount of food (that wasn't much), but instead to all the starchy stuff. Even a bowl of chilli on a day of nothing but salad will drive my weight up. Don't you give up little one. Did you ever do the no starchy stuff after lunchtime meal?

My new boss doesn't eat lunch. Says he eats a good breakfast and decent dinner. He said eating lunch kills his energy. He walks at lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY. He's nuts... and thin and healthy.

1/2 marathon does sound daunting. So does losing 77 lbs. But both are doable. I haven't even WALKED a mile in a month. I will definitely have to get a training program in place.

Mavie - I want to spend some time with hubby. Glad you took some down time, even if just a night. We are fishing a derby together in Lake Havasu (as we always do) in two weeks. I can't wait.

Jcat - Are you still blasting out crazy shifts at work?

Diana and Carma.... miss you!

Off to review my budget for round two of cuts tomorrow. Not a happy working camper. :?:

mothermavis
05-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Morning all!

Kris, great job with your NS day!!

Mindy, Are you still doing WW? What's the points for that? Maybe, don't weigh every day. I find it depressing sometimes.

Jeni, Have a great day!

Diana and Carma, Hello!!

W 100
E do some
E POP
D choices

mtiger
05-06-2014, 07:34 AM
So points are weird...I get 26 everyday but then get 7 points in indulgence each day. So why don't they just say 33. When tracking it only dips into the 7 after you use up the 26. Now exercise is another thing. It keeps logging point I have "earned" but I can't use them daily or log them. I think if I use up all my other points those kick in.

Hopefully with the help of an advisor I will be able to figure out if I am eating too much/little. How does working out play into it? should I be eating those points too? Don't quite know yet.

Kris- Good job on the NS. Sorry you're hungry. Stick with it for a week and see what happens.

MM- Have a great day.

I have a 2 day conference this week, overnight/out of town. Eating will be at the mercy of what they provide and then one dinner one my own. YIKES!! I can do this right??

jcatron243
05-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Kris~ DH is considering Nutrisystem. He isn't losing like he should be. I work day shift (again) but still weirdo days 4 on, 1 off, 2 on, 4 off, 1 on, 2 off. . . .

MM~ Have a great day yourself!

Mindy~ I wish I could give you some words of encouragement. I know how completely frustrated you are. Great job on your run!!

Ladies: The half marathon is really scary for me, but I think running in a race is even more scary :o The nice thing about the Tinkerbell half, is that it has a minimum pace of 16 minute mile. (completing it in 3 hours and 15 minutes). I'm training to run a whole half. Working my way up, slowing my pace during my longer runs. It isn't for a year so I think we can all train well to run it!

I NEED TO RUN! The weather is perfect for a run! But this bruise thing on my leg...It is bad. It looks like I hit it on something really hard, but I didn't. And the pain!!!! My entire leg hurts now, down to my ankle and up to my knee. So off to the doctor I go. I am hoping he gives me the all clear so I can run while the kids are in cooking class, but for today I am staying off of it and elevating it.

W 100 oz!! Made me some lemon water. and I may add some cucumber to it too!
E sigh. sadness. I will wait until tonight :(
E Keep going. Gluten Free. I made it through day #5 yesterday. I have to say the Barilla gluten free spaghetti was amazing!
D Stay off the treadmill. Stay off the treadmill. It isn't worth further injuring myself. sigh.

Nixmom
05-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Evening ladies,

Mindy - you just stay positive, YOU HEAR ME? I think the advice from an adviser is a great thing to get. You have come a long way and you will make it. I'll stay on track if you will! I got 33 per day and 42 for the week as extras. It was ALOT if I was eating the right foods. Of course I didn't.

JCat - Your leg sounds gnarly. Let us know what the doc saya. It almost sounds like a hematoma (sp?) I hope its nothing and your scurrying away the miles soon. You can tell your hubby, the food really isn't bad at all. I have had 6 meals and two desert and all have been

Mavie - Did you walk O'neill the other day? I want a rottie again. **dreams**

Diana and Carma - you get your ever loving butts back here this instant!

So thought I'd track daily this week. So far so good.
SW 227.8
M - 225.6 (-2.2) day 1

I realize that water weight will be the first round. I'll take it.

jcatron243
05-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Kris~ Thanks for the input on the Nutrisystem food! DH's boss lost about 50 eating Nutrisystem about 7 years ago. Maybe that is a good rout for him to take.

My doctor looks at my leg and says "I hate it when my patients die suddenly" WHAT?? That got my attention. I had an ultra sound of my leg to check for deep vein thrombosis which didn't show any blood clots, which is good. The doctor thinks that it is superficial thrombosis which is a blood clot in the superficial veins near the surface of the skin. So I will now take asprin every day to prevent clotting. I have the all clear to run, but I didn't last night because 3 hours in the office drained me.

W 64
E Abs and Arms. I didn't yesterday or the day before, I HAVE TO TODAY!
E GF easy
D Keep my mood in check. I can feel it starting to turn cranky

mothermavis
05-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Morning Chicks!

Kris, I did get out with the pup! The weather here has been a bit better, so he and I have been able to wander, hoping it will get less muddy now. I have dog envy for your Rawly. He is so darn gorgeous!
2.2 pounds in one day! Yay for you!

Jeni, what dd the Doctor say about your leg?

Mindy, as to the conference, yes CAN do it, just keep track of the points! You are doing great with your exercise too.

Diana and Carma, hope all is well.

As for me, life is crazy, but doing as well as I can, finally hit under 155 again this morning. 154.8, but I'll take it. Now to get back under 150.

W 100
E sculpt class, maybe walk at lunch
e POP
D keep making good choices, I want to be healthy and feel good more than I want that big of m&ms's

mtiger
05-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Oh MM and Jeni- To be where you two are at. That is my goal. Anywhere near 150 would thrill me to no end. You girls are our source of encouragement. You keep me and Kris going...ya hear??

MM- Weather better here also, except for the thunderstorm that just rolled through here. Have fun with the doggie.

Jeni- Hope your leg feels better soon. I hate when some injury side track sus from our mission.

And Kris- My lovely Kris. You just keep eating that NS and stay away from the junk. Maybe YOU found the right ticket.

Me...No workout yesterday..not sure about today and then there is the conference. Talk about a monkey wrench. Well 185 even today.

workinglikeadog
05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Morning Ladies. This thread got busy, same with my schedule right now. Too much to do, that makes me grumpy, trying to just have the best day I can. Will eat, look for missing cat(freaking out cause we have coyotes and big cats), take a walk and decide what one thing I will have time for today before Garden Club. I must go cause I am presenting/giving a paper making workshop(which should be a kick). This is my big social for the month, the gals are really awesome - so other than time a wonderful thing. My paintings are screaming for more time, but the two I worked on on Monday are showing promise & a lot of attitude, lol. I bought studs while in town yesterday for my paintings, exciting, will take out to studio and imagine!!!

W - Not bad, keep it UP!
E - Minimal but getting steps in.
E - Eating some whites while saying no to other whites - make the best choices today at garden club potluck!
D - I choose to be Happy and Joyful, life is Good!

Sorry not to personalize, hoping everyone is NOT stressed just for this day, just one step at a time and PUT YOURSELF FIRST nutritionally, you are worth it! :hug:

Nixmom
05-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey sisters! I had a crazy day too! Been storing files in a recycle can at work, new janitors dumped them last night. Spent 1st hour of work dumpster diving. Found them.

Meeting with City Manager. Deficit is a freaking nightmare. Losing people. Need to drink.

Hubby called. New house we haven't moved into is infested with termites.

Back to work to pound out budget stuff only to find out 2 of our 6 wells are shut down due to bad water quality. Oh yah, and we have to HAND deliver this "drink this water and you might die notice" to 10000 customers within 24hours or the Dept of Public Health will reign terror down on us. I need a break already.

I can't make this crap up ladies. Thank goodness for NUTRISYSTEM today. It would have been a mess if my bag had not been packed.

Mavie - Rawly says hello. Derby says take Rawly back east. :0) I should be walking them right now.

Diana! Good to see you back. Hope the garden club went well. Paper making??? Interesting.

JCat - Glad to hear you are clear for take off. My doc said an aspirin a day a while ago. You just reminded me I need to, too. Hope you run to your hearts desire tomorrow.

Mtiggie - :hug: you and that conference don't have to like each other, you just have to survive each other. Don't eat desert. :^:

Ms. Carma..... check one, check two... hello?

Working well so far girls:
SW 227.8
M - 225.6 (-2.2 ttl) day 1
T - 223.4 (-4.4 ttl) day 2

going to try to get another glass of water down before working 4 more hours. BE GOOD!

jcatron243
05-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Kris! WOW the stress!!! I am glad you had your NS, because I would be completely grabbing comfort food!

Diana~ I hope you enjoy your garden club!!

Mindy~ I promise I will do my best to keep you going!

MM~ Hurray for getting below 155!

Well last night I gave in to the pain and ate some comfort food. It was not gluten free. :( And I had a couple of glasses of wine :( Today is a new day. I will continue to work on being gluten free.

The leg looks absolutely NASTY after work last night, so I took a vacation day today. 5 days of not standing on a concrete floor! I'm gonna hop on my treadmill though and try to get in a mile of walk/run. If it doesn't hurt I will do more!

W 80 oz
E get in a mile or more
E GF
D Get some housework done.

Nixmom
05-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Long week so far ladies. Just checking in, then off to bed. NS continues to work. Haven't really been starving, but eating earlier at night I find myself pretty hungry in the morning.

SW 227.8
W -222.8 (-5 ttl) day 3

Hope you all had productive days. Personals tomorrow. Be good!

mothermavis
05-09-2014, 05:40 AM
Mindy, I think this is day 2 of the conference? Stay strong! Practice being as good to yourself as you are to others, you are so hard on yourself. We are all so much more than the number on the scale. :hug:

Kris, Crazy week! I'll pick up Rawly after the Tinkerbell ;) or next trip to Colorado to see the boy heehee! Look at those pounds drop right off you!! Termites ugh.

Jeni, Glad you have answers for the leg. Do they know why? Does it start with a normal bruise? Enjoy the days off!

Diana, Is there a website or Etsy or something where we can see your art? I'd love to see! Garden club sounds fun too. Digging in the dirt is on my list for the weekend!

W 100
E On my way to the Y in about 20 minutes (6 am tee time LOL)
E POP gets easier the more I practice it
D Keep going!

jcatron243
05-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Good morning ladies! No personals today sorry!

I was able to get in 1.5 miles yesterday. That was good. Today I am going for 4 miles. Its nice outside, but its wet and slippery right now so I think I am going to stay on the treadmill today.

What caused the clot~ walking on cement floors, hormones, long car rides. . .my life. At least it isn't life threatening.

W 80 oz!!! drink this
E 4 miles, arms and abs!!!!
E GF. I've been struggling with this why oh why??? OH Mid-cycle eating monster has taken over. I lost the battle again yesterday, but now that I understand why I can try to fight it!!! (OH and with mothers day coming up and a birthday party this weekend I don't know how much control I will have!)
D Fight the food monster that is inside of me. TRY to satiate it with veggies and hummus!!!

mothermavis
05-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Jeni, glad you are doing better!

Kris, happy weekend, hope you get some down time!

Mindy, how was the conference?

Diana, getting ready for show & graduation this weekend?

Carma, hope all is OK!

W 100
E Cardio, abs
E POP
D don't undo your hard work

workinglikeadog
05-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Morning ladies, excuse me while I try to rebalance. I'm stressing out about impending grad(my baby - is he ready for the world?) and trying not to rush my barnyard punks paintings yet feeling the deadline too close, ugh. So what I need is to refocus on healthy full feeling eating(have been into nervous eating mode). Time to stop, breath, turn and WEED!

Water measured and waiting at counter, check!
Will Eat only at meal time and mid day snack time, will write down what I eat!
Scedule daily Exercise and complete. Today I will post thread, go for a walk and try at least 20 mins of my unseen stretch dvd.
Determination, get mental calmness and eating back OP!

Not on- line with my art work yet, but remind me mid-summer, cause I really need to create a web site( and maybe my son can help before he goes to college).

Nixmom
05-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Hey ladies! Tried to post this last night but my wireless adapter on my computer took a crap. So, on my lap top plugged into the wall. My computer is 6+ years old, so went ahead an ordered a new one last night.

I have continued to shrink. I am absolutely thrilled, but still craving a 1lb loaded baked potato. I'll skip it for now.

SW 227.8
W -222.8 (-5 ttl) day 3
TH - 221.6 (-6.2 ttl) day 4
F - 221.2 (-6.6 ttl) day 5

My month of food arrives today. I am also supposed to go to a local steak house for dinner tonight. I'm thinking salmon, salad and veggies. I want the friggin potato though :o

Jen - crazy leg girl. And my heels would be toast walking around on cement all day. I hope you have some serious cush in your shoes sister.

Diana - can't wait to see some artwork! I have 10 ceiling fans in the new house that I wanted to change out. Started googling "painting ceiling fans" and found some FANTASTICALLY fun stuff. Thought of you!

Mavie - stealing your D. Sounds like you have hit a stride with the food! good job! Intermediate dog training starts for Rawly tomorrow. Pray for me. A happy weekend it will be, if I can hammer out my work before I leave! Thanks!

Mtiggie - conference survival debreifing please. I agree with Mavie - don't be so hard on yourself. I will remind you again, you have come a CRAZY long way here.

Carma - bout ready to come look for you. You okay?

I've got work until monday and then leaving for havasu on tuesday. Cannot wait! Will send pics for you girls.

Off to eat and work and relax. :hug: to you all!

mothermavis
05-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Happy Mother's Day all!

Quiet day for me I think. Both boys are away, have to go cook breakfast at church and then take a quick trip to see my Mom. Maybe hubby and I will run up to see YS, his college is only about 2 hours away, but he's moving toward finals and does not have much time. We will see. he called last night, he has rocked 5 years of college (He is working on his Masters) but he has one teacher this semester who makes no sense at all. He is honestly worried he is going to fail this class, there are alot of issues there to the point he's had to go to the Dean etc, he was really upset about a grade, so I'd love to see him today to offer Momma hugs. He can take it this summer if he has to, its the point.

My legs are wicked sore from my run yesterday. Hills. ugh

Jeni, your Mothers day gift looked yummy!

Kris, How was dinner? Did you choose the salmon?

Diana, Did you get to the DVD?

Mindy, hope the conference was good!

w 100
e stretching might be all today
e pop, went to chilis with hub yesterday (and the Harley dealer & the Chevy dealer, he is looking for new Camaro and the Harley dealer was having an event so we stopped there too) At Chilis I ordered sizzling shrimp and chicken fajitas and just ate the filling and skipped the tortillas, was delish, but retaining sodium today.
d, same as yesterday Kris! Don't undo your hard work.

I hit 152 and change yesterday! Moving in the right direction!

jcatron243
05-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Happy Mothers Day!!! Just a quick post till later, I'm off for brunch and shopping :)

I did a nice 3.25 mile run yesterday on the treadmill. I'm hopping to get in a couple of miles tonight.

I will post more later!

mothermavis
05-11-2014, 06:56 PM
So sore from yesterdays hills! Day off today.

Nixmom
05-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Happy Mother's Day my pretties!

I have been working on budgets all day, still trying to wrap up so I can start my VACATION with a clear head.

Back to post later, but hoping I catch a couple of you to :hug: on this special day!

mothermavis
05-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Did jump in the car yesterday and drive 2 hours each way to see my baby boy! His older brother is 2000 miles away, so, I did not make it to see him, but did get to talk to him and was very touched he had taken the time to send me a gift and have his Dad hide it for me. It was a blessed day!

Back to the grind today, skipped the gym this morning because my hips are killing me, probably both from about 4 hours in the car both Friday and Saturday and my hill run on Saturday. Hoping to be loose enough to run today after work.

W 100 extra water even
E run?
E POP, honestly, looking forward to it. I was out to eat three times this weekend. Choices were good, but can't avoid the sodium (Chili's and Buffalo Wild Wings)
D Choose wisely

mtiger
05-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Well I survived. The conference was great and I learned some things that I should be able to use in my classroom right away. Now Good news...bad news... I did okay eating at the conference, except that one brownie and small square of cheescake. Officially lost a pound at WW. Nothing too exciting (I've been here before).

Bad news....sicker than a dog. Started feeling like crap last Wed. and it has gotten worse. Now I have the cough of a veteran smoker or maybe a miner. It is killing me. I did run on the treadmill at the conference (yes I went to the gym) but haven't done a lick of exercise since. If I can get some of this crud out of me today I would like to go for a walk tonight. Fingers crossed.

You ladies are awesome. Jeni-glad you're feeling better. MM- quiet Mother's Day here too. Kris- Oh my lovely Kris. You are doing great. Hang in there. Working- Paint on girl.

jcatron243
05-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Mindy~I hope you feel better soon!

This weekend wasn't exactly diet friendly. And no I didn't ignore the wine either. It was a nice weekend though.

W 80 oz. Get hydrated!
E run. 4 miles
E UGG. Gluten free is hard!!! I miss plain ole calorie counting.
D Eat clean today. Work hard. enjoy spending time with myself.

workinglikeadog
05-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Morning chicks, well summer is here and I am in maintenance mode. My dh took me out to dinner and I had a gyro sandwich, so a bit bloated this am. Tis MONDAY - start of a new week and refocus on what is important.

Kris, Awesome weight loss, you are doing great. I like the idea of painting ceiling fans - lots of potential and fun there! Hope you do it to get some craft/ creative time in (plus cool art in your new house).

Mavis, glad you got to see ds and give him some good mom hugs. It sounds like a prof has some personal issues going on, hope the Dean can help to get things back on track. Know what you mean about looking forward to eating better(op), I look forward to feeling better soon.

Mindi, YOu did pretty darn good at the conference eating wise, good on you. That 1 pound should come back off easily. Hope you are taking good care of yourself today and get that cough under control. Yes, will get out to my studio today and look forward to more painting - paitience on the process needed(like a turtle slow and steady gets the job done!).

Jeni, how was your brunch and did you get the run in? More importantly, how are your legs feeling by now. Pay attention to your body - sending some healing vibs.

Take the Time to stop, breath and WEED!
Water 50 oz water (ready), check!
Eat only at meal time and mid day snack time, cont. No whites as much as possible, journal foods.
Exercise 20 min in am (pilates) will prob walk a bit this am while outdoor photographing.
Determination, get mental calmness, eating, and water back OP!

:hug: to ALL

workinglikeadog
05-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Mindy~I hope you feel better soon!

This weekend wasn't exactly diet friendly. And no I didn't ignore the wine either. It was a nice weekend though.

W 80 oz. Get hydrated!
E run. 4 miles
E UGG. Gluten free is hard!!! I miss plain ole calorie counting.
D Eat clean today. Work hard. enjoy spending time with myself.

Glad it was a nice weekend. Yes, gluten free is a bit tricky. Have you seen any difference. It really does make me feel better. I just gotta put my big girl panties on and do what is best for my body ( without guilt if I fall off the wagon, lol !)

mtiger
05-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Still feeling like doo doo. Haven't gotten in any exercise in days now...very unlike me. Hair appt tonight so another day with now workout. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

mothermavis
05-13-2014, 06:29 PM
But Mindy, hair day has to be a priority!

mtiger
05-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Yay for hair day. It was much needed.

Hacking up a lung or two today seems to be the plan. Where is this stuff still coming from?? Hopefully it is all leaving my body. Just wish it would hurry up. I HOPE to at least get in a walk tonight (outside, so i can well...spit). TMI.

Found out we are having another grandbaby. Husband's daughter is pregnant now (unexpected). Kids. She is already 17 weeks and having a boy. So our family seems to be growing.

Looks like rain for days...thought this was May, not April. Can the weather be any more messed up this year?? Off to work now.

jcatron243
05-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone!

Mindy~ Hurray for babies!!!! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Diana~your D is great!!!

MM~I'm glad you got to see your boy on mothers day!

Kris~enjoy your Vacation!

Carma~How are you doing??

I don't understand why my weight is still going up!!! I'm going to give up on the gluten free and head back to no whites at night and calorie counting. I know its not my official weigh day, and I know why I have that official day, but I am up 3 pounds from my last w/I that is almost 10 pounds from march. Maybe it is just stupid hormones making me retain a bunch of water but I am frustrated with myself today. I know that I have skipped a couple of workouts (Sunday and Monday, well Monday was short because of my leg). But I haven't eaten three pounds up bad. Okay rant should be done. I am sorry. I know what to do about it. I just need to do it!

W flush my body with lemon cucumber water (delicious) get in at least 100 oz!
E run. push through the tenderness. I want to do 4 miles today.
E starting off giving myself 1700 cals until I figure out what I want. No whites.
D Give myself a break. Control what I can~The food I eat, and my workouts.

workinglikeadog
05-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Morning everyone :hug:

Mindy, please send the rain to us! We are short this month and it's turning hot this week, poor wheat is gonna get stressed out. We are turning brown as I type. Congrats on a new grand baby on the way, how lovely!

Jeni, Gotta keep up my determination. Things start moving double time in the summer, makes my focus not as good. I gotta remember to take a step at a time and make feeling good a priority. So got water started, meditation/prayer completed and will do exercise as soon as I post this!!! I can feel your frustration on the weight gain, it doesn't make sense. So besides gluten and starch I try to think about how many preservatives/chemicals may be screwing around with my body. Your lemon cucumber flush sounds great and delicious too.

Mavis, Hope your hips are behaving better today. I am amazed at not only your running but a hill run - you are super woman!

Kris, Are you on vacation yet? That sounds lovely, am hoping to get a few days at the beach sometime this summer.

Carma, Missing YOU!

jcatron243
05-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Sorry I was a crab this morning. I got in a 5.25 mile run this morning. It wasn't a hard run. It took me an 66 minutes to do. I wasn't even out of breath by the end of it. I stayed inside because I didn't want to get 3 miles into a run and half to walk back that three miles because of my leg.

mothermavis
05-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Jeni, no need to apologize! Great job with the run!

Mindy, Congrats on the baby! Glad you got your hair appt in!

Diana, You are doing great. Saw you mention outdoor photography? Anything particular?

Kris, Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Carma, Hoping all is well!

W 100
E Stretch
E POP
D Keep moving forward

jcatron243
05-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Good morning.

I'm in a terrible mood today (again) but I am hoping to run it out. I will be using my son's phone today, because mine is going to be getting fixed.

W 100 oz (again) cucumber lemon water. YUM
E 5 miles again?
E clean eating, no carbs tonight, keep it at 1700 cals
D work on my mood. deep breathing. Maybe I will drive out to the beach and just sit for a while.

mothermavis
05-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Jeni, hope your day got better! I have beach envy. Would love to be able to drive to the beach and sit for a while ;)

Kris, vacay looks awesome!

Mindy, how you doing today? Feeling any better?

Diana. Hope you are well and not stressing too much!

Carma, we miss you!

I'm going to look around Pintrest for a bit!
Just had a green smoothie for dinner and walked on the dreadmill for a bit, now I plan to relax!

mtiger
05-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Still feel like crap, so I am headed to redi-care after work. I need something stronger than what I've been taking.

So I had a horrible afternoon yesterday. My mom called me and told me my son was in jail. He had called them looking for someone to bail him out. I was at work and completely freaking out, trying to find him and figure out how to get him out of jail. However, we couldn't find him in any jail, so my husband asked if anyone had tried calling his cell. NO!! So I did and turns out he had been home all day playing video games. OMG!!! Someone was trying to scam my parents and Luckily they didn't and most importantly my son was never in jail. What a horrible thing for someone to do and terrible to live through. Tell people you know...beware!!

So we celebrated our fortunate turnout by going out to dinner. Calories...logging.....baked ziti, yummy. My son...absolutely beautiful.

Nixmom
05-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Hey girls!

Vacation has been great. I have not been a good NS girl, but I am ready to start again Monday when I get home.

Hubby is currently snoring on the couch, and I am going to have to hit send here quick. The stupid internet seems to be spotty at best.

Mindy - HOLY CRAP! Who does that? I hope karma bites them right in the arse.

Mavie - do I sense a consistency in your posts? You are rocking the diet and exercise things sister. Good for you. I'm a proud fatchick!

Diana and Jcat :hug: signal dying gonna hit send!

mothermavis
05-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Kris, glad you are having fun! Loving your pics!

Jeni, what did you decide for the 1/2 marathon program? I am contemplating a 10/15 K program with Fleet Feet. Starts June 30!

Mindy, Holy crap!

jcatron243
05-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Kris~Glad you are having a good time!

Mindy~That sucks so bad. I'm glad your mom didn't fall for that scam!

MM~I've seen several 1/2 marathon plans, but Mostly my plan is to run 5 miles on my days off, with 1 time per week an extended run. (extending from 7 miles out to 14 miles. but next months half isn't happening for me. I wish it was, but my body and mind wont be ready.

I'm on the brink of divorce, again. Not infidelity this time, just lying, which I refuse to accept. The only reason I am willing to give it another shot is the kids. The foundation we were rebuilding has crumbled again. But, don't worry, this time I found my voice. I will not regret the things I didn't say, or the things I should have said. I refuse to be manipulated anymore, and he knows it. I'm not sure how to recover. I don't know where to begin rebuilding. He will sit through counseling, but refuses to believe that they will do nothing but blame him for all of our problems. I can't go in one sided and give 100% when he refuses. so I am stuck. The one thing I have learned, is none of this is my fault.

The thing that is driving me crazy, was that I thought all of my paranoia about being lied to was all because of these horrible mood swings I have been going through during pms. He let me believe it. I seriously though I needed to be medicated. He let me believe that too! I know his lies aren't my fault.
W 64 oz
E just extra laps at work
E just eat. don't punish myself by starving myself.
D I AM WORTH IT!

mothermavis
05-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Aw Jeni, I am so sorry. Perhaps, if he does not wish to go or give counseling a real shot, you should go without him.

I wish there was more I could say, but all I can say is I am with you in spirit and ready to listen. You deserve to be happy.

mtiger
05-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Jeni- That is terrible. I am sorry you are still having problems. Go to counseling without him for sure. If he sees that you are committed to making your lives better it may get him motivated. Marital problems are never fun. Chin up!!

My scare with my son was horrific. I can't begin to explain all the thought, emotions and worries I went through that day. If only I had thought to call him sooner and find out he was home. Rotten *******s..that's what I have to say. I sure do love that kid and am so happy to know that he is the boy I raised and has a brain in his head.

Finally went to redi-care and got all drugged up. I AM SICK!!! Hopefully this crap will leave my body know and life can get back to normal. I have not exercised one minute in over a week. Unlike me. Maybe today I can go for a walk.

jcatron243
05-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Thanks MM and Mindy. I don't mean to come here and whine about that stuff. He did make a huge step yesterday, it's not counseling, but its a start, then we agreed to seek professional help if we can't get trust built again. Honestly, the step he took yesterday meant the entire world to me. It was so small, and so simple, yet it made me feel like he would do anything to save our marriage. This was the first time he actually took action to show me that.

Mindy~I hope you get better with whatever drugs you were given!

W 64 oz
E 30 minute walk?
E lowering my calories in, but still working on the number.
D I want to spend my day being happy.

mothermavis
05-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Jeni, Have a happy day! I'm glad things showed hope yesterday! :hug:

Mindy, Hope you are feeling much, much better! YS came home from school yesterday, sicker than a dog as well. Trying to get it out of him too.

Kris, Hope you are having a wonderful, well-deserved break!

Carma, where o where are you? Hope all is well!

Diana, am assuming your absence means you are getting your art ready and getting ready for graduation?

I have been thinking alot about my boy's HS grad parties. We rented a bouncy house both times for the littles (teens loved it too) and that awful bounce house accident was only about 30 miles from us. Just makes you shudder. Praying for those little guys to heal.

Well, I ate a few things I shouldn't over the last two days, so today is a POP drink lots of water day for me! Looks gorgeous out. Maybe a hike in my future?

W 100 or even 150 if I can
E Abs (m-munches) hike? if not bike, no running today, got an appt with a friend to run after work tomorrow! My old self can't run two days in a row very well anymore
E POP I think 2 meals are green smoothies and then roast chicken and veggies for dinner. Snacks today cut up apple or pear w natural PB or cut up veggies w red pepper hummus!
D I am going to get into the 140's before vacation.

PS - I made a 50 calorie 1 carb cup of hot chocolate last night. Almond-coconut milk and chocolate torani syrup (the sugar free) so so good!

mtiger
05-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Jeni- Glad to hear something went well. Keep up the faith.

MM- We do the best we can..right?? Hope your son feels better. This has been the sickest i have been in a long time. Bronchitis..can't stop coughing.

I did go for a walk yesterday. Hacked and coughed the whole way. Maybe I can do it again today. It is nice here also. Should be in the 60's. At WW I lost .6 this week. Total.....a whopping 1.6. Not down to anywhere near my lowest yet.

workinglikeadog
05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Good Afternoon weeders, Aiming for something better is where I have landed. Mostly bad eating habits at this point so going to put my attention at improving here first. I Will eat Clean this week and hope my tummy ache goes away soon. Thinking I will probably finish my paintings this week(should be a fun week in the studio). Realizing my true anxiety point is my son's reception at our house after the graduation ceremony. Cleaning & cooking for 50+ people = too much! What if's??(outdoor reception and weather turns bad, etc.) are driving me crazy. I need a chill pill.

Mavis, I was taking photographs of the yellow canola blooms in our field, it was so bright, had to try to capture the beauty. This is primarily wheat country so it really sticks out.

Mindy, such a scary scam- glad you figured out the truth quickly. Are your new drugs making you feel any better yet?

Kris, vacation sounds wonderful!!!

Jeni, hoping you see more signs of dh willing to work on your marriage along side with you.

Water - aim for 50 oz water
Eat - aim for NO whites and NO pm snacking
Exercise - aim for 20 min in am
D - Find that CHILL PILL, I want to feel better plus hoping to be less bloated by mid week.

mtiger
05-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Well we got the call yesterday that my MIL passed away...peacefully. We knew it was coming and had just seen her on Saturday. We will wait until her daughter and family can get here from NC to have a graveside service since she is being cremated. She was 86 and is now at rest.

I am feeling a bit better, but it has sure kicked my butt. 3 weeks left of school and it seems like an eternity. Did a lot of flower bed work yesterday and now I've got the bug to be home enjoying my summer. Got in a short walk yesterday, but had a lot of steps with the yard work. Scale went back up to 184.4 :(

mothermavis
05-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Mindy, Sorry to hear about your MIL. It's never easy. Glad you are feeling better!

Diana, Maybe see about renting a tent?

mothermavis
05-20-2014, 05:33 AM
Quick fly by!
2 workouts yesterday, body sculpt in the AM and a run after work with a friend. :D

Today
w 100 oz water
e spinning, leaving for the y an 20 minutes or so for 6 am
e POP, had a piece of lasagna for dinner last night, but as still within my calories for the day :D No whites tonight
d if you can't be positive, be quiet

Hope everyone is well! Talk soon!

mtiger
05-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Well I got out for a slow jog last night. 2 miles at 15:00 minute miles. It was still hard to breathe, but I did it. 182.6 today. Down a little.

jcatron243
05-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Mindy :hug: sorry about your MIL.

Ladies, Thanks so much for the encouragement. My problem is cynicism right now. Its easy to say he will change. It's easy for him to do great things in the beginning, but its falling back it to old habits 5 or 6 months down the road. I told him I would file for divorce if I catch him in a lie again. I won't live that way.

So yesterday got a call from Tommy's teacher. He had nits in his hair. AAAAAAA. So after a 12 hour shift, I got to treat our hair, comb, wash, comb. There wasn't time to wash all of our clothes, but we did get the bedding done. I didn't find anything in Maks hair, but I acted like I did cleaned all her bedding, took all the stuffed animals. . . .I finally got in bed at 1100 (after getting up at 2am). Then I wake up at 4:00. AND today DH and I get to go on a field trip with Tommy's class. Then at 3 when we get home, I have to do loads of laundry. I bet the whole time I will be itchy.

W drink it when I can
E maybe a run while the laundry is going! (that is doable!)
E watch my calories
D Have fun with the kids.

jcatron243
05-21-2014, 05:48 AM
The field trip was great. No workout done though. AND I had pizza for dinner.

Bad news~One of the kids in my class was sick the day before (vomiting, fever, all that). I didn't find out until the trip home, when he was sitting next to me on the bus and didn't feel good. :/

The good news is I think I have my household under control. Checked through the kids hair twice yesterday (morning and night). All is good. I am going to give them a olive oil treatment, I think on Memorial day just in case.

W 64 oz
E maybe a run, I really need it.
E 1700 cals
D To keep my mind occupied on the positive changes that DH is making, and not think negatively.

mothermavis
05-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Aw Jeni, I remember those days only too well....wash everything in the house...ugh! Here is hoping that's the end of that and you don't get whatever the other little guy was sharing.

As for DH, all I can say is give time, time. If you both want it and he is willing to work as hard as you have, eventually, you will get to the other side. :hug:

Mindy, Almost 2 pounds in a day, that's more than a little down! Good for you! Still doing WW?

Kris, Are you home? Back to NS? Fishing was fun, I hope? Your pics were gorgeous!

Diana, I feel your stress, we had huge parties here when the boys graduated. Hang in there, few weeks you'll be all done!

Carma, where are you?

W 100
E Treadmill in about 1/2 an hour, going to work 1/2 day today, then off til Tuesday! Taking a motorcycle safety class Thursday and Friday. :D Keep the shiny side up!
E POP, yesterday I had a Reese's PB egg. Could not resist. Today, I will resist!
D Hugs and Dear Abby....
“JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once.

I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things that I can correct and accept those I cannot.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking. Just for today, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a smoker, I'll quit. If I'm overweight, I will eat healthfully -- if only for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take the responsibility for my own actions.”

― Abigail Van Buren

mtiger
05-21-2014, 07:35 AM
MM- Just for today, I will go to work and pretend to enjoy myself.

Just for today and 11 more days until summer vacation. I can do this ....right??

Jeni- I teach 4th grade and am always freaked about lice. My family got it once. Not fun but happy it hasn't happened again.

I am feeling better. Still have a bit of a cough and my eyes are not 100% yet. Hubby got a z-pac and more eye drops as well. Hopefully on the mend.

I Jogged last night..not running. It was a "little" faster than Monday and I went 3 miles not 2. Small improvement. It is still difficult to breathe. Scale was kind. 181.8. This is my lowest since gaining 15 pounds. Maybe the points are working.

jcatron243
05-22-2014, 05:52 AM
MM~ Motorcycle safety class!!! That sounds like fun! Enjoy that long weekend!!!

Mindy~ I'm so glad that the scale is moving!!

Today is my official w/I day, but since I work I am waiting until tomorrow after a good night sleep. I'm not expecting much, because I haven't worked out at all since Thursday, and that was only a 1.5 mile run

mothermavis
05-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Jeni, I just made the best smoothie so far!
Spinach, a frozen peeled banana, a container of dannon lite and fit vanilla greek, almond/coconut milk (not sweetened) a tbl of baking cocoa and a tablespoon of choc torani syrup. OMG. New favorite.

Mindy, how are things?

Diana, hope you are doing well!

Kris, miss you!!

workinglikeadog
05-23-2014, 01:17 AM
A quick evening hello. I finished painting my series, so now, sealing, pricing, paperwork, titles, hardware, etc. I don't like paperwork(or pricing). Today was a social time with friends and had them come look at my work. Tomorrow will be paperwork, gardening and starting food prep for my ds graduation reception. I figure I can bake and freeze desserts ahead of time. Not writing down food although I am do o.k. with food and exercise. I need to increase my water intake. It was hot today. Doing the best that I can - anxious but also excited and way too busy. Hugs to all.

mtiger
05-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Holding steady at 181.8. That is a decent loss for the week. Weigh-in is Sat. I got in a 3 mile run last night. Felt pretty good. Recovering from this crap has been difficult, but I'm getting there. I have a race on June 7th here in town. Trying to get ready.

jcatron243
05-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Diana~ good luck with all your stuff! Don't forget to hydrate!

MM~that smoothie sounds good! When DH wants chocolate in his smoothie, he uses light Chocolate silk.

Mindy~ Hurray for the scale cooperating!! Keep up the hard work.

Weigh in day
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8
April 22~~146.
May 23~~143.2 !

That makes me happy. I finally get to get in a good run today. No school for the kids, so it will be a treat. It's raining so it will be on my treadmill, but I feel really focused so maybe I will make it a good solid 7 miles today? Slow is fine, it is the distance I want!!

My idiot of a supervisor is trying to get healthy. He is quite a big boy. I wont guess his weight but he is about 6'1 and round. Even though the two of us were in the middle of a work related squabble. (we are sort of frenemies) he told me about his work at losing weight. He said he had lost 19 pounds in the last week, but "when you are my size that sort of weight comes off easy, at first. I told him to remember that especially in the beginning when you are changing your habits it is a struggle. So every pound is a win, even though you don't feel like you are doing much and it comes off fast. So I told him to be proud of each pound and own it! It was nice to see that my words really meant a lot to him.

W 80 - 100 oz
E 5- 7 miles
E 1700 cals no white at night
D Enjoy life!

editing~run this morning is a bust. I'm going to head to the elliptical tonight after DH gets off work.

mtiger
05-24-2014, 11:22 AM
So after being 181.8 for 3 days, today I jump to 183.2...just in time for weigh-in. So I stayed the same on the scale at WW. Figures. Didn't do anything different, so go figure.

mothermavis
05-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Morning all!

Jeni, great job!

Mindy, I know you wanted a loss, but maybe a whoosh for next week! Stupid menopause.

I'm going with hubby while he car shops today. Don't know where we will eat dinner, but I'll have fish, veggies and a glass of wine or a piece of bread, not both.

W 100 Bottle goes with me
E Already went to town to grocery shop and ran while I was there
E OP
D Enjoy the day

Finished my motorcycle refresher course. 2 full days and an evening. It was awesome! Wet, but awesome.

jcatron243
05-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Morning everyone!

Spent yesterday hiking some trails and beach walking! Had a great time with the family. I'm not working out today. But I will run tomorrow.

Spending my day with the family again today!

W 80 oz
E maybe a walk with DH after our movie
E no whites at night
D enjoy family time.

mothermavis
05-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Didn't run yesterday, but got in a nice brisk walk for about 2 miles.

Dragged all my summer clothes out to see what fit. I was pleasantly surprised, most of my shorts fit great or were within a pound or two of great. That means I am on a mission this week to drop about 3 pounds before we leave for vacation. I can also use those same shorts to keep me on track while we are away. :carrot: I really want to try and not gain while we are gone. I walk and run every day most of the day on vacay, it's the booze and the salt that get me. Last time, I came back up almost 10 pounds! Noooooo.

W 100
E no running today because i am running after work tomorrow, elliptical? definitely crunches, legs (squats and lunges, ugh)
E POP
D enjoy the extra day off

Nixmom
05-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Hey chicks!

I'm here. Alive. Vacation rocked! Since being home have been going gang busters on the new house. Just read the thread up to date. Lots going on girls. I have prayers, hugs and thoughts about all of you.

No personals tonight. Need to get to bed. My work Anxiety is trying to get me since I go back tomorrow. I have a council meeting tomorrow night, so may not be back here till Wednesday.

Be good to yourselves, just for today!;)

workinglikeadog
05-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Good evening Chicks, such a relief to be ready to turn in paintings and paperwork tomorrow, Yeah! I hope to find some energy(I am a puddle today), maybe a week back to a good WEED plan.

Mavis, love your mission for the week. How exciting for you.

Kris, glad you had a super vacation, sounds like it was just what you needed

Hi to All.

W 50 oz
E 20 mins in am
E stop nibbling in between meals
D re- establish a healthy routine

workinglikeadog
05-27-2014, 01:51 AM
Barnyard Punks...."Brothers Blue" - Acrylic on canvas

workinglikeadog
05-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Chicken Impossible...."The Boss"

jcatron243
05-27-2014, 05:41 AM
MM~Hurray for your shorts fitting!

Kris~Hi, welcome back!

Diana~those look great.

DH and I made a decision to forego cooking class this month. We have been doing it for a year and we feel we need the time to get some stuff done around the house. It has been our one hour a week that we dedicate to ourselves though. It is going to be difficult to lose that.

W 64 oz
E~try to get in a run.
E no whites at night
D work hard today.

mtiger
05-27-2014, 07:29 AM
Diana- Very nice!!! I love farm animals...hhm since I have so many.

Kris- Glad you enjoyed yourself. I was taking in your pics. Looks like fun...although I don't fish.

Jeni- Have cooking class at home. Pinterest some recipes and try them out together.

Worked in the yard for quite a while yesterday. Then spent hours grading papers while catching up on tv. Two weeks to go...then freedom. 182.6

jcatron243
05-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Mindy~That is a good idea, but my kitchen sucks. Only one person at a time it is so small. Mak is going to do it, but Tommy isn't this time. BUT, the good thing for me was that there was no class last night :).

runDisney announced a Star Wars themed race at Disneyland the weekend of my Birthday! I could totally get my hubby running for this. It is hard to get over the cost though. $195 for the 1/2, but $105 of the 10k. So if both hubby and I decide to do it, it will be the 10k. 6.2 miles for me is no problem, but my brain keeps me from pushing much farther. I need to get past that.

Anyway I know I should sign up for my local runs first. There is a half, here in my home town in a couple of weeks, but I am so not ready for it. I am really thinking of signing up for the 10k though. I belong to a local running support group, I am so in awe of some of the runners. I will never be the caliber they are, but they are so inspiring!

W 80 oz
E run. I feel like I need to start back at a slow pace, short distance. It has been way to long since I have run. (feels like a year, but its probably been 2 weeks since a proper run)
E no whites at night.
D run. give myself a break.

mtiger
05-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Jeni- In the summer me and my work friends do Pinterest lunches. We all find a recipe and try it out on good friends. It is a ton of fun. Go for the hometown run. We are having one on June 6th...5k. I will be doing it. Recovering from bronchitis has been very difficult and it makes running tough.

I did 3 miles last night..no walking. It wasn't fast but I did it. My foot hurts today. Not too happy with the scale either. Oh well..it is what it is.

jcatron243
05-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Mindy~ It is what it is. Control what we can, let the rest go. Right? I hope your foot feels better. I don't know why I am so nervous about the run. I think I will sign up for the 5k, but not the half.

I have to head to the doctor, to talk about my PMS symptoms. I am really nervous about it.

W 80 oz
E afternoon run, 3.5 miles
E no whites
D breathe. trust the doctor. Control what I can.

jcatron243
05-29-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm so frustrated! The doctor told me that I have done everything that I could to help ease my pms symptoms. The only other thing she could recommend is calcium supplements, but because of my age it could increase the risk of a heart attack. Great. So what next=> two options take a low dose birth control pill, or take a low dose anti-depressant. Both are good options. So I told her I would rather try the birth control pill, ok great. . . .BUT I have a history of migranes with Aura so that doubles my risk of a stroke..... That is off the table. PERIOD (no pun intended :)) So on to the anti-depressant. I asked her about a drug interaction with the aspirin. GUESS WHAT. . .Increase risk of BLEEDING... GREAT. So she was going to put a call into my horrible Primary Care Provider to ask how long he wants me on Aspirin. I warned her about how he treats an ailment, but doesn't follow up. So At this point, I have answers, Diagnosis Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. (PMDD) but no good way to treat it. FRUSTRATION!!

jcatron243
05-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Ok, I have a vitamin D deficiancey, so I will take supplements for that. No other ideas on what to do yet.

Tommy has strep throat, started antibiotics yesterday, broke out into a rash today, so back to the doctor. Called in sick two days in a row, a third is on the way tomorrow.

workinglikeadog
05-31-2014, 01:16 PM
Mindy, your pininterest luches sound fun. You must be counting down the days of school left with excitement at this point. Nice you will have a break, do you have to take any classes this summer?

Jeni, your PMDD sounds like a huge challenge. I finally went to a naturapathic doctor last fall (for sleeping mood and SAD) and the preventative nutrition program she suggested has been most helpful. A multi, plus B complex, Vit d drops, fish oil and calcium magnesium citrate. The calcium magnesium citrate made the most difference, in both sleep and mood. Plus I have supportive herbs to take as needed. Daily if needed - Tranquility by Mountain Peak Nurtitionals. For challenging days - Kava Extract. Hope sharing this infor will help you in some way to find your way back to better health.

Hi to All. Trying to eat and drink healthy, mostly getting in 10,000 steps a day, but boy have I been tired lately. One week to ds graduation/reception. I found a great dress, wrap and shoes for my art reception and am looking forward to the event this coming Thursday night.

jcatron243
06-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Diana~Thanks for the info. I take all the same supplements except for calcium. The doctor did mention that, but wasn't sure if should add that in because of the increased risk of heart attack. I'm not sure why the increased risk though. It seems like all of the options that I have increase my risk for something.

Heading back to work today. Tommy's ears are really bothering him, I'm worried because that is one of the "rare side effects" of the new antibiotic. I will be talking to his doctor, again, today.

Hoping on getting in a couple of miles after work today. I really need to run.

Had salad from my garden last night with dinner. YUMMMY!

W 64 oz
E 2 miles
E no white at night
D control what I can

mtiger
06-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Crazy busy weekend with MIL funeral, dinner, open house, gardening, general errands. YIKES!! I need a rest from the weekend. I got in one 4 mile run/walk. I have a race this weekend and still can't run the whole three miles without a break. Breathing is the issue...still can't seem to do it.

Rain here today so I may have to go to the gym for my run. Gotta do it, that race is right around the corner. 183.4 today. Oh yeah. At WW I lost .2. Really??? Total for 4 weeks 1.8. C'mon now.

workinglikeadog
06-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Diana~Thanks for the info. I take all the same supplements except for calcium. The doctor did mention that, but wasn't sure if should add that in because of the increased risk of heart attack. I'm not sure why the increased risk though. It seems like all of the options that I have increase my risk for something.

Well I got a chuckle out of that because it does seem true. Lots of conflicting and confusing information, frustrating for sure. I take one liquid tablespoon/day of Lifetime brand - Calcium Magnesium Citrate that I can buy at the grocery store. My naturalpath said it was important to balance taking Calcium with Magnesium, that's all I know.

workinglikeadog
06-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Mindy, your week sounds about like mine(crazy busy). I was a little stressed thinking about the graduation reception today, I keep reminding myself that it's an informal reception to celebrate a milestone and for visiting with friends. Please take take of yourself, and if you can't run 3 miles straight don't beat yourself up. You were sick for a long time and it may take some time to fully recover. :hug:

mtiger
06-03-2014, 07:31 AM
I did it!! I ran the whole 3 miles....on the treadmill. Time 37:55. Under 38 minutes was not bad. It I can do that a few more times this week I might be ready for the race Saturday.

I think I may have found a trouble spot. I am a snacker type of eater. I never eat a large meal but lots of little ones and bite in between. I think It is those little handfuls that are getting me into trouble. It is easy to grab a small handful of nuts or 4 little crackers and not really count them. Today I am only eating my lunch I took...sandwich, mixed fruit, banana, and string cheese. No little extras.

183.2 today....just hanging out in that range. YUCK!!

jcatron243
06-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Mindy~ Those little handfuls do add up. Great job on the run. I'm so excited to have today off to myself to run.

I didn't preregister for the 5k this weekend, but I can still register the morning of. Still fighting myself to do it. But I am running the 1 mile fun run with Mak on June 11, and a 1/2 mile fun run with Tommy on the 12. I know it isn't the same, but we are going to start our "training" today.

So I have been thinking. What do people with no weight issues eat in a normal day? I know it varies, but what do I "think they eat"? I would like to try incorporating what my "views" of eating skinny (not dieting) is.

something like
Breakfast: oatmeal and toast or a protein smoothie
Lunch: tuna/ham/turkey sandwich and a bag of chips
Snack: fruit and cheese? Hummus and veggies?
Dinner meat salad and starch.

W 80 oz
E run at my own pace and distance. I feel like I am starting over again. It has been too long.
E no whites at night.
D Enjoy my day off. With no sick kids.

mothermavis
06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I am on vacation, at the beach. Life is good, yesterday ran 2.5 and then walked 2.5 back on the ocean.

Today about 2 miles this AM and then 5 mile w hubby on bicycles.

Life is good

mtiger
06-04-2014, 07:31 AM
MM- Sounds delightful. Just a few more days until my summer vacay starts. I can't wait. Of course I won't be spending it at the beach...but

Jeni- Sounds like what I eat everyday anyhow. I am tired of food and really tired of not losing any weight.

DId 3 miles outside last night. It is much harder than the treadmill. There is wind and hills and .....
My time was 4 minutes slower, but that's okay.
183.2 today..stilll..really??
I didn't munch on any handfuls yesterday.

jcatron243
06-05-2014, 05:56 AM
MM~ vacaton sounds nice!

Mindy~Hang in there. Running outside is much harder physical wise for me, but the distraction is quite nice.

Tuesday I got in a good 4.75 slow miles. I need to give myself a break and not worry about the time.

Yesterday was a rough 12 hour workday and then middle school orientation for Makenna. She enjoyed it a lot. She wants to be in band, but wants to be in art too. Since she can't do both, she chose band. She can already draw and paint, but she can't play the trumpet, yet :)

W 64 oz
E maybe a walk after work
E no whites
D I have a new outlook. Let's hope it stays positive!

mtiger
06-05-2014, 07:28 AM
So I am really frustrated with the weight loss thing. Thought that joining WW might help but apparently not. I am just staying around 183 and can't seem to budge. I stay within my points, I am eating good stuff and don't know what the problem is. GGRR!!!

I need to weigh-in tonight since I am running Sat. morning and can't get there. It will not be good because I am weighin-in at night as opposed to morning. Oh well. The run is 9 am Sat. I will run tonight and then take tomorrow off to rest up.

mtiger
06-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Last day of school today....race on Saturday...182.6 on the scale today...sunshine this morning....shaping up to be a pretty decent day.

Enjoy the weekend!!!

jcatron243
06-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Hurray Mindy!! Last day of school! My kiddos have to go one more week. I know you are frustrated with the scale. Just keep up the good work you may not see the changes in the scale, but your body and health notices!

So the 5k tomorrow. I am convinced today to do it, (tomorrow is a different story though :)) The 1/2 actually sounds like a good course too. I think I may try for it next year if I can get off my booty. quite honestly, I think I want to try it this year, Isn't that crazy :) I'm not ready for it in the least so one step at a time. my first 5k.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run
E no whites at night
D I need to shampoo my carpets today.

mothermavis
06-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Jeni and Mindy, hope you both were able to fit the 5k in this weekend! How was it? Weather, time, atmosphere? I missed 2 local ones while I was on vacation. I did run on the boardwalk though!:D

Kris, new house looks gorgeous! So happy for you!

Diana, Is this the big weekend?

Well, I am just back, up 6 pounds. Ugh, not too worried since I ran and biked all week. I am sure most is sodium from eating out every night. Pretty much exclusively ate broiled fish, so I can't have done that much actual damage! :devil: Just gonna eat clean and move.

I broke a blood vessel in my eye again? Not sure how, but I look like the demon lady. One bright red eye. Means I have to wear my glasses, which means elliptical rather than run, glasses throw my depth perception off.

W 100 or more, need to flush all this sodium out
E Going to use the elliptical and maybe head for the Y with my son. Sauna?
E POP,, green smoothie breakfast. Grocery store for fresh veggies for lunch, thinking salad. Protein and veggies for dinner. No whites.
D Today I turn 48. Headed toward 50 in a hurry and I plan to be at goal and have run a half and a full by 50, so I need to kick it up.

mtiger
06-08-2014, 09:13 AM
MM- Sounds like you had a good time. You have some big goals looming over the next few years.:bday2you: 50 was a breeze. Best year of my life in a while.

My run was just okay. I didn't meet my goal (under 40 minutes) but that's okay. 41:15. I just got hot and tired. Breathing is still my issue. weight??oh blarney. 182.6 still.

jcatron243
06-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi ladies!

MM~ Happy B-day!!

Mindy~great job on that 5k.

I totally chickened out on my 5k. I will go for the one on July 5. I did get a bike this weekend!! We went for a couple of bike rides, which was so much fun.

W 80 oz
E run
E no whites. eat clean today. We ate out a couple of times this weekend and I feel blah.
D Decide to be happy. Call my DR. 2 weeks and he still isn't calling my gyn back. Maybe if I can get some info, then I can move forward with my treatment. I'm feeling pretty good so far. Only a few sessions of crying so far, but I am now in my time of mood swings.

mothermavis
06-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Jeni, thanks for the birthday wishes. Enjoy the new bike! Don't worry about the 5k, when you are ready, it will happen.

Mindy, thanks for the birthday wishes! Great job on your 5k. School is done? Summer to do as you please! Yay you. I am jealous!

Diana, how was graduation?

Kris, hope all is settling in to the new home! Nutri system making things any easier?

W 100
E crunches, hour with the trainer tonight!
E POP, had a green smoothie for breakfast
D finish picking everything up from post vacation. Laundry all over the place!

mtiger
06-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Started my first official day of summer with a four mile jog. My time was a tad faster so that is good. just keep practicing. Weight- 182.4. HHMM!!!

mothermavis
06-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Great job Mindy! 4 miles is always good! Hope the weather is nice.

Pollen is crazy here. Everything yellow. Still thinking of hiking this afternoon. Back to work Thursday, but it's been a super vacay.

Started my summer personal training last night. Monday nights a friend and I are meeting a local PT for a workout. $20 a pop which is very reasonable for our area. My arms are killing me today.

W 100
E Hiking, running, biking? I'll figure it out
E OP, last night was cookies and chocolate milk, not OP, but the rest of the day was good
D keep at it

mtiger
06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Went to our local running shoe store to get advice. I was fitted and tested and guided into a new shoe. I got me a pair of Brooks (a little pricey) and tried them out yesterday on my 5 mile walk/jog. My foot felt good afterwards. I think I like the new kicks.

Weight is doing nothing. 182.4 still. I reach my allotted points but dont use my activity points. Going to ask the leader about when I weigh-in Saturday. My birthday is Sat. and we have no plans really. We will have to think of something to do.

MM- Soreness is good. Have fun with the friend.

jcatron243
06-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi ladies!!

Mindy~I hear Brooks are awesome for running.

MM~$20 for a personal training session? That is so awesome!

Today, I biked Makenna to school (about 1.5 miles), then I ran/walked with her at her 1 mile fun run, then I biked home. It was a pretty decent fun run. But I realize now why I don't want to be in a big race, TO MANY PEOPLE! I hated the crowd of people. It was so suffocating. I know they were kids, but still adults will be worse. Tomorrow is Tommy's 1/2 mile run. AND I will probably be roped into staying for field day as a volunteer. Yay me.

The saga continues in the quest for me controlling my mood swings. My primary doctor (well the nurse) finally got a hold of the GYN. Nowhere in my file did it say anything about superficial vein thrombosis, or me having an ultra sound of my leg, OR me being on a 325 mg of asprin a day. I AM A LOT PO'D!!!!!! The nurse told my GYN that I came in with a bruise and that was it. So now I have to go in and see the Primary doc again to settle the confusion. I am not the confused one and I have the Bill from the ultra sound to prove it. So after Tuesday's visit I am going to find a new primary doctor.

Plus I cant seem to stop my weight gain. I really need to start running after work again.

W 80 oz
E did a mile run/walk and 3 mile ride. I think I may swim tonight.
E Start calorie counting again. Keep it at 1700 calories. for a week to see if my weight (granted it is mid-cycle mayhem) will come down.
D enjoy the sunny weather.

mtiger
06-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Rainy here so I went to the gym yesterday..it was like a sauna. Ran 3.1 and did a few leg machines. Had an ice cream cone last night...scale goes down a bit today. 181.4 Go figure.

Jeni- It is only crowded at the start of the race then it really thins out. It is fun and an accomplishment. You should do it. If I were near I would drag you to a race.

So wet and icky today not sure what I will do. I have a lunch with work friends and a goodbye cookout for our principal tonight. Eating will be a challenge today.

jcatron243
06-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Mindy~If I knew people that ran my pace it would be so much better. I'm in a running group here, but with the exception of a few of us, they are all like 8 minute mile runners. It is very intimidating. I will keep what you said in mind though.

Today is Tommy's 1/2 mile run. I am really dreading it now. I know it is because I am not a sprinter, so I will hang out in the back row and just catch up to him when he slows.

SO, my hubby has some high blood preassure. It isn't bad, but it is hard to understand that as healthy as we have been over the past year, it is all of the sudden high. He is going to the doctor tomorrow about it. He is only 37! But I will cut out more sodium, and work on getting him better meals for his lunch and breakfast.

W 80 oz
E 1/2 mile run with Tommy. Then hitting the gym
E 1700 calories, plan some lower sodium meals
D run with Tommy. Enjoy being with him and ignore the crowd.

mothermavis
06-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Jeni, I am interested in hubby's BP issue because I am having the same issue. Dr says these blood vessel issues i keep having in my eye are related to spikes in my BP. Having to monitor it 4 times a day. I was floored. Just had all my blood work and was feeling really good about myself. My HDL, cholesterol and all that were awesome, so I won't have a heart attack...just a stroke. ugh.

BTW, hope you enjoyed your run with Tommy and as for the 5k, first time i did one, i thought i would heave from nerves. Try not to worry about any one else or their speed and just do your own thing. if there is a "color me rad" race in your area, do that! Not even timed as far as i could see and just so much fun! Mak & Tommy could do it too.

Mindy, I love Brooks! Happy early Birthday!!

Kris, missing you!

Diana, Hope the graduation went awesome!!

W 100
E Skipped the gym this AM, my back is out of whack
e POP
d Happy friday the 13th with a full moon....

mtiger
06-13-2014, 07:28 AM
So this week I kept inching a little lower on the scale. Got down to 181.4 yesterday. Then had a lunch and a cookout yesterday. Gained about 2.5 in one day. 183.8 today. Really??? I didnt eat that much at either place. Crap!!!

Sorry to hear about all the BP issues. Hope everybody finds some answers and gets it under control. It sucks when we are trying to be our healthiest and issues arise.

Going for a least a walk today. Weigh-in tomorrow at WW. I was getting a little excited..now I am dreading it.

workinglikeadog
06-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Hi Ladies, I am alive and feeling better. My art reception went well, sold two painting opening day and the art center put the whole show on line - so here is the link. http://www.thedallesartcenter.org/

Then I got a bit wound up over my son's grad and reception ---way over cooked. I was physically exhausted, then mentally for a day or two. Summer schedule makes it hard to do anything with regularity but I am working at returning to good habits. Will attempt a WEED.

W- 50 oz water or toxin flush tea
E- 30 mins am exercise or a morning walk with my dog
E- No nibbling on the run between meals, but can sit and have a mid afternoon snack if needed.
D- One day at a time, think about small improvements I can do.

Hugs to All, will try to check back this week.

jcatron243
06-15-2014, 06:00 AM
MM~ The doctor wants DH to stop using the machines, and go to the fire dept for his BP checks. 2 times a week for 3 weeks. Then he will decide what to do from there. I know for us we will definitely be eating better with less sodium.

Mindy~You are doing great. Ignore that scale, don't let it get you down!

Diana~ Get back to basics! That's what I do when I restart. Begin again with WEED! best that you can!

W 64 oz (NO WINE!)
E nothing today, but it is a workday
E no whites at night
D Keep moving. It may not be a full cardio workout, but I am moving!

mothermavis
06-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Today is the day. I woke up this morning and decided, I've been out of control since vacation, so two weeks now. I was hovering at 151 152 and looking to get under 150 and since I can home, I am snacking and drinking beer and eating crap and I am at 157. Ugly. I have my eye cleared up so I am going to go for a run today. (was able to get my contacts back in, my glasses are awful for my depth perception) so ere I go, back on the wagon, back to running every other day, back to the Y at least 5 times a week. Personal trainer on Mondays, running with a friend on Tuesday, so double workouts those two. Groceries n the fridge, so no excuses.

I am in control.

Jeni, I just went back and saw that you were still inching up too, We got this. We all got this. We know what works, let's do it!

Mindy, How was your weigh in? Finding balance with WW? I need to get back to that even keel. If I eat the same thing every day, so be it, as long as it's working.

Diana, glad you popped in. Love your art! You are so talented!! So happy for you that those big hurdles are out of the way.

Kris, how goes it with the new house?

Here is my back on track day!

W 100, no excuses and no booze.
E Going to run on the treadmill this morning, doing a 5k in however long it takes. If it clears up, maybe later we can go for a short hike. 50 upper and 50 lower crunches.
E POP had watermelon and blueberries in a bowl for a start. Thinking a smoothie after my run. maybe a chef salad for lunch and protein and veggies for dinner. Hubby wants steak, I may have salmon
D I am 48 years old. I want to live at least 48 more.
I have to take care of myself if I want to meet my grandchildren some day. Choose well.

jcatron243
06-16-2014, 05:56 AM
MM~Great re commitment plan MM!!! Yes I am creeping up. I haven't been on the scale since my dr appt. It wasn't that bad, but I still have been avoiding it.

I haven't been eating too poorly lately, but I am retaining water terribly! We are getting back to the No whites at night. I've been enjoying that this week. but I really need to lay off the wine!

W 64 oz
E I may go for a walk after work today, but I am so tired after work, I don't know.
E no whites at night 1700 cals
D pay close attention to my moods. Try hard to control what comes out of my mouth. (yesterday went everywhere from rage and anxiety to euphoria. never a good combo with stressful work days).

mtiger
06-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Well it was a great weekend. My birthday was Saturday...made a fairy garden, spent time with my lovely daughter and went to dinner and a movie with hubby. I ate WW at Applebees and no treats at the movie. Sunday was Father's Day and my parents 37th wedding Anniversary. We had a cookout with most of the family to celebrate. It was so nice to see everyone and reunite as a family.

Now for the icky news. I gained 4.5 pounds in 3 days. I am not freaking out about it because I think it is TOM related. This should be the week for TOM, if it were going to happen. It has been 105 days since the last one though. So hopefully those pounds fall back off this week as my pseudo TOM passes.

Went out for a 3 mile run this morning. It is already mid 70's so ...warm.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Hello weedettes. Carma checking in from the dark side.
I just did a quick scan through old posts.
kris: ?congrats on the new house I take it your in.
Jeni: :woohoo: glad to see you did your 5k.
Mindy: sorry to hear about the weekend weight gain. I am sure mine is worse than yours. Also sorry to hear about your MIL.
Mavis: hoping the world is treating you well. I loved your just for today dear Abby post. Dare I ask how your dad is? I hope you enjoyed Father's Day with him.
Diana: congrats on the show.

Okay now onto me:
217 last scale check in. cruise and downward depressive spiral surrounding Mother's Day. Hurt my knee around the time of my last post which messed with my training. Stressors let's list them:
Brothers heart thing was actually Lyme. So good on that front. However his wife is an alcoholic and not doing well
Sisters surgery went well.
My knee is better.

Weed for tomorrow:
W: going to try for 64 oz. that will be very impressive
e: plan on walking in the am
E: will record all food.
D: will return tomorrow night to post.

mtiger
06-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Carma- Glad to see you are back. Good to hear they figured out the problem with your brother. Hopefully that is getting better. Happy for your knee too.

Well I was right. TOM appeared last night after 105 days. You have got to be kidding right??? Well that makes me feel better about that 4.5 pound gain. 1 pound is already gone today, so hopefully the rest will leave this week. Not feeling that great..actually the vice grip of death has a hold of my insides. I am going to walk today and not try running.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Okay weed for today in review
W: actual 48 oz. way too much iced coffee instead with sweetened syrup
E: didn't walk, did however hit 10000 plus steps plus did cleaning on the house we are getting ready to rent.
E: small victory here. I just did my fitness pal and I think I put in all the food. Way over in calories and sodium. Hit the button to total the day and it told me I would weigh 227.5 pounds in 5 weeks if I didn't knock it off.
D: I did come back for a second day.

Weed for tomorrow:
W: going to try for 64 oz again.
E: going to try and walk in the am again. Hoping for 12000 steps.
E: record all food. Start day with green smmothie. Make sure to get my 5 colors.
D: I control this. I will break out of the funk.

Mindy thanks for the welcome back. Ugh on TOM for you.

jcatron243
06-18-2014, 05:29 AM
Carma~welcome back!

Mindy~TOM after 105 days. YUCK!

I got called into work yesterday morning so I had to reschedule that DR appt. DANG IT! at least I was been able to get in today, (after work). I'm on a 8 day stretch of work now (since I worked yesterday)

I went to the gym Monday night, and I ran 2.5 miles last night. I was pretty happy that I did it. I didn't have any wine either (the last two nights.) Since I have a dr apt tonight I wont workout, but I have that bug again!

PMDD and vitamin D front: since taking the vitamin d at the same time everyday, I haven't had as much of the fatigue I was feeling. That is good. AND, I have been able to break out of the mood swings with success. That really makes me happy. (I still have a 4 days before TOM, so I'm a little nervous.)

W 64 oz
E not much today
E No whites at dinner
D keep my mood swings down. They have been terrible the last few days.

mtiger
06-18-2014, 07:16 AM
So after 105 days TOM comes back with a vengeance. YIKES!!! Scale IS moving down, just like I thought. Keep going this week back to the low 180's please.

Stopped in to GNC yesterday to ask about some new supplements I've heard about. Talked with my resident trainer there for a while. He suggested no carbs in the am before workout, just protein and fat. Have carbs after workout and for lunch, then not at night. I also bought a womens energy pack with some stuff I have never tried. We shall see if this helps at all.

Carma- One day at a time. Just do your best each day

Jeni- Glad the vitamin D is helping.

It is storming here, so no outside run. Dentist this morning so not sure about my workout today.

mothermavis
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey chicks! I had a whole post last night, but my computer ate it, so I gave up!

Carma, glad both your brother and sister are out of the woods a bit. As for the alcoholic SIL, it's a disease, no one can help her if she doesn't want it. Believe me, I know. I love my Dad and my heart is breaking, but my Dad has been an alcoholic for as long as I can remember.

Ah, my Dad. Not good at all. Chemo not working, tumors on his brain have doubled in size, tumor in his leg coming back with a vengenace.

Mindy, keep us posted on the GNC stuff.

Jeni, was going to ask how you made out at the Dr, but saw your FB post, sounds like not so great. Sorry.

W 100
E sculpt class
E OP
D Just for today again....

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Weed update:
W:96 oz
E:no walk again 9700 steps
E:ate slightly better today. Closer to my calorie goal still over. Did well til afternoon.Need to plan and shop but working so much at my fil and on vaca next week.
D:feeling better mood wise

Weed for tomorrow
W:64oz
E:determined to walk in am
E: shooting for under 2000.
D:the circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money. James Madison

218.4 this am. Tomorrow is another day.

mtiger
06-19-2014, 07:43 AM
So yesterday was a tough one. TOM just kicked my butt. It was stormy all day and I felt like doing nothing but curling up in a ball and sleeping. Went to the dentist and washed the sheets. That was about it. Weight is coming down as TOM passes....182.6 today.

There are a lot of pills in the active pack but I choke them down. Not sure if they are helping or just passing TOM. We shall see. I am at least going to walk today.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-19-2014, 10:23 PM
No time for personals
Weed review
W:100 oz
E:walked 20 minutes am, 10 minutes at lunch
E:pretty good about 1900 calories
D:slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Weed for tomorrow
W:80 oz
E: trying for walk
E:going to try and keep it around 1800
D:one day at a time

jcatron243
06-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Morning ladies.

MM~Well the one good thing is that the doctor took me off of asprin. Now I am waiting for my other doc to call me in a rx. I hope they call and let me know if they do.

Mindy~I'm interested in seeing how this energy pack works out.

Carma~glad you are getting back in the swing of things.

I did really well on Monday and Tuesday with my workouts. Not so Much on Weds (dumb dr. apt) and last night I was just so exhausted! Tonight I am going to drive my sister home, so no workout tonight. Tomorrow! I will get there!

W 64 oz
E not much today
E 1700 cals
D make it through the day. worked 8 12 hour days. Ready for some time off!

mtiger
06-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Did 4 miles yesterday...pretty good after the crappy day on Wed. Had pinterest dinner with my girls last night, so eating was off a little. Scale still had 182.6 today, so not bad. Gonna run this morning before heat or rain. Tomorrow is weigh-in at WW. Hopefully it will be pretty good.

Staying on plan today.
Protein and fat before workout.
Carbs when I get back.
Drink water...I slack when I'm home for the summer.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Weed review
W:72 oz
E:no walk 15000 steps
E: like 1500 If i remembered it all
D: feeling strong

Weed for tomorrow
W:80 oz
E:going to be tough as leaving on vaca. Try for 30 minute morning/30 min evening
E: 1800 goal
D: I will be strong this trip.

workinglikeadog
06-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Morning, still working on floating on the heap pile. Last Monday I had to take both son and dog to Dr's for antibiotics. I was somewhat paniced as I had never seen my ds tonsils so infected. Both are doing better now. Next week is a three day trip with ds to get him tested, then registrared for college fall classes. Some stress has been involved because of misinformation/lack of information, but the college employees are all genuine and have been great to work with. Myself, well my weight is below the panic point but habit is not flowing yet. I started this morning with 20 mins of aerobics and this felt really good. After posting I will measure the rest of the days water(50 oz) and eat something for breakfast. It's been hard to eat in the am. Making a point to take vitamens daily and Hanging in there! Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to check in before the Thursday trip.

Carma, wishing you a great vacation. I need to clean my house badly, hoping you inspire me.

Mindy, you are working hard at good habits, it will be interesting to see how eating differently before you run makes you feel. Your pinterest dinner sounds FUN.

Mavis, my heart aches for your Dad's hard journey and yours with him. It must be very hard to watch this decline.

Jeni,, Glad to hear you caught the workout bug again, could you send it this way, tee, hee! So good to hear your mood swings.are less with Vit D regularity.

Have a great weekend!

jcatron243
06-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi ladies. No time for personals!

I got in a really good workout this morning with DH! (well it was a slow run 3.75 miles and weights)

Dr. started me on Zoloft, so here goes this try of fixing my rollercoaster of moods. Got P. O'd at a close co-worker who basically told me I was starting a gateway drug and it was better to have a roller coaster of emotions than to take anything to help because it was going to lead me to a path with Meth, heroine and the like. I have tried everything natural to help, even the doctor said that. I am not weak, I just need help right now!! AND I'm not a drug user!

W 80 oz
E 60 minute workout! DONE
E 1700 cals
D have a great day. Crazy b-day party, and do not break my leg roller skating!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Okay quick personals then weed review.
Jeni: gateway drug??? Is your coworker on crack or confusing Zoloft with Xanax. There is a time for antidepressants. Just make sure you take them as prescribed and don't suddenly stop. I just started a supplement called sunny mood. Seems to be helping get me out of the funk somewhat. It has vitamin d3,mg, chromium, fish oil, rhodiola,lemon balm extract, passionflower extract, Damiana, l-theanine, saffron and bioperine complex.

Diana: I wish my house was clean. We are fixing up a rental. Sadly my house has been ignored.

Mavis: hugs

Mindy: hope the scale was nice at ww. I am glad that you are getting your workouts on target.

Kris: hi, hope works getting better.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-21-2014, 11:03 PM
So day one of vacation. Stopped at Carlos bake shop from cake boss. The lobster tail totally worth all almost 600 calories but I worked out for 40 minutes at the hotel and swam 30 minutes. So I ate all but 40 of my exercise calories. I also got 96 oz water.

Weed for tomorrow
W:80 oz minimum
E: going to try for 1/2 hour treadmill in am. Also going hiking at cape henlopin in delaware.
E:I would like to stay around 1900.
D: relax and enjoy life.

Nixmom
06-21-2014, 11:43 PM
I got back on!

Holy cow girls. We did havasu, moved into new house, havasu again with kids last weekend, Caaraazy work schedule and my computer died (well my wifi card did). And then, could not remember my 3fc password. Man am I glad to be back. SERIOUSLY GLAD!

I have a lot of catching up to do. Just wanted to scream I MISS YOU LADIES! I'm starting fresh tomorrow and will be here!!!!!!:carrot:

Woot!

Nixmom
06-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Just caught up on the last three weeks of posts.

Mindy - I hope TOM has hit the road. Glad you are seeing some scale relief. My son works at GNC. He bought me the energy packs and I did good taking them for a while. Can't find them since the move, but they are a fist full of pills to choke down. I take 1/2 in am and half just before dinner. Wishing you good results, and I'm gonna go hunt the box down myself. Here's to summer and tons of productive energy!

Jennifer - your coworker is an idiot, who probably needs to be drug tested.... What a boob. Carma is right, take as they tell you. Jumping on and off can ruin your mood worse. I was jumping around taking Xanax to sleep intermittently (nighttime anxiety) and not being consistent. Someone commented about not jumping on and off, I decided to take 1/2 my prescription dose daily and things got better. I'm off it now, but only because I settled down by using it right. You'll be alright! Your coworker will always be a boob.

Mavie - missed you too!!!! Glad vacation was a blast.loving the pics on FB of you boys lately.the weight is temporary. The memories you made are forever; red eye or no red eye. :)

Diana - just browsed the art website. Your work is awesome. Again, I want to tell you how jealous I am of your creativity. What exactly is Multimedia in this art form? Is it paint, fabric, stamping, and blingy stuff all combined? I so need to get back to being creative. I love art... All kinds. You are a very talented woman!

Carma - 217 here too. Let's get back on track chickie. Work will be better if I survive my council meeting Tuesday night. Budget cuts , layoffs, a protest. Hearing for an ordinance change, and a promotion for one of my staff are all on the agenda. Oye.

As for me. New house is BEAUTIFUL! My hardworking husband is amazing and made this my dream home. After I unpack fully, I'll share pictures. We are in debt up to our eyeballs, but gearing up to start Dave Ramsey's financial peace university on July 1st. Looking forward to the scale and the numbers both coming down.

Have been half arse about NS because we don't have a working microwave at the moment. I do it at work, and try to be good at home. Hopefully next week sears will be out to fix it.

Girls, I am saying a prayer for all of us tonight for us to love who we are, where we are regardless of the scale. You are all such amazing women right now. Today. I hope you all realize that. I know I'm blessed to know you! Have a great night and be good to yourselves.

Kris

mothermavis
06-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Jeni, I agree with Kris, Co-worker is an idiot. I am so glad I finally gave in and went to an anti-depressant.

Kris, Welcome back & thank you! I am loving your pics too! I don't know what the inside of that house looks like, but the outside is awesome!! Hope Tuesday goes well!

Carma, we could have vacationed together, saw you will be at Cape Henlopen, we love Rehoboth, right up the road. We did Virginia Beach this year though,

Diana, Is DS going away for college or will he be home?

Ladies, thanks for the good vibes. Dad is resting today, we were there yesterday and he goes for more radiation tomorrow. Have to see if they can shrink the tumors on his brain. Today is his birthday. Hope he celebrates another!

Mindy, hope the weigh in was awesome!

W 100
E Did very little today, did ride my bike a bit. Not making an effort today, Monday is double workout day. Sculpting in the am and meet the trainer in the PM, have to take it easy today.
E Pretty good day food wise. Only thing I ate alot of was grapes
D “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.” Marilyn Monroe

mtiger
06-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Checking in tonight because we leave in the morning for a little R&R. We are heading up the east coast of Michigan tracking down lighthouses. We sis the west coast last summer and it was really fun. Eating and working out will be a little tricky but I will do my best. Walking out to all the lighthouses well certainly help.

My weigh-in was good. down 2.2 pounds. Hope to keep that going in the right direction. I am 181.6 on my scale....really want back into the 170's. We celebrated my DD birthday today. Don't tell anyone but she turned 29. Does that make me old??

Kris- Glad you are back. Your life has been so exciting lately. You are one lucky lady. And those pills...gheesh. There are a lot and they are big.

MM- Hang in there with dad.

Jeni- I was on Zoloft quite a few years ago. Just take as prescribed and it should help. Follow doctors orders. Some people are just idiots.

Well I must go throw some clothes together and get ready to head out. I will see ya ll in about a week. Take care.

workinglikeadog
06-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Good Evening Ladies, starting on basics and will build from there. Love reading about everyone's progress and life in general. Doing paperwork tonight for ds upcoming college registration event.

Kris, So good to see you on the thread. Your life has been crazy for sure!

W 50 oz - struggled with this today(was great yesterday), will start the morning drinking water. This is my way to success.
E 20 minute of aerobics
E take vitamins
D get control water, exercise and vitamins = Basics

workinglikeadog
06-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Wow, I was a whole page behind.

Kris, Thank YOU, I love painting, and I work with acrylic paint. I love to play so I have made my own stamps and stamp acylic into my work. I primarily add small pieces of collage to get patterns started. I will take two paintings and weave them together somehow(as in some of the chicken paintings). I do some pen work - mostly paisley. Bling is added with 3 dm paint (which is acrylic) and gems mostly. The Barnyard series used studs and jump rings from jewelry materials. Each chicken painting had a computer part in the painting somewhere. To answer your question multimedia is the same as mixed media. I'm thinking of changing back to Acrylic as this is the main ingredient and the other words seem to cause more confusion than being descriptive. I've been in my art room once since handing in my artwork, so frustrating. Kris, one of my small creative tricks is to set up a card table in the family room and as my family watches tv, I do something at the card table.

Mavis, DS is going away to college this fall. He will be about 6 hours away. I keep having mixed feelings about this huge change, but mostly positive.

mothermavis
06-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Diana, I understand that completely. It's a big step!

W 100
E double day sculpt in 30 minutes! PT at 5:15
E POP
D Mondays suck

jcatron243
06-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Good Monday Morning ladies!!

Kris, It is good to see you again! I can't wait to see pics of your new house!

Mindy~I am so jealous of your trip!! It sounds wonderful! I'm glad the scale is being kind!

Carma~I hope you enjoy your vacation! Great job on getting in your workout!

Diana~I hope your son and dog are both feeling better! I'm lucky that my BFF is a financial aid director at our local community college, she was such a huge help to my sister when she was dealing with all of her admissions and financial aid stuff last year!

Thanks everyone for your support on starting Zoloft. I know my co-worker is an idiot, I got into it with her because she was comparing it to oxycodone. I really hope it helps my symptoms of PMDD, but I won't know for a while since I am only in the first week of my cycle.

We went to the zoo yesterday so I got in 3 hours of walking, which was really fun. I got a new kitten on Saturday, so I am afraid of getting on my treadmill. I guess I will have to go to the gym for my workout today.

W 80 oz!
E 60 minutes
E 1700 cals, no white at night
D get some housework done, get the kids signed up for the summer reading program at the library, get to the gym

Oh yeah, I forgot to W/I yesterday so I did it today.:

July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8
April 22~~146.
May 23~~143.2
June 23~~147.4
Not to thrilled with this number, but it seems to be my maintenance weight. I know that my workouts have been very sporadic lately so that is showing on the scale. I am not getting down on myself though, considering I am still below my goal weight.

mothermavis
06-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Jeni, sounds like all is going well and you are maintaining perfectly, you are too hard on yourself! PS Kitten is too cute!!

W 100
E on to spinning this am
E Meeting my girlfriends for mexican tonight, be reasonable
D life is good

jcatron243
06-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Happy Tuesday Morning!!! Did something this morning I haven't done since before Disneyland!!! I did abs and arms before work! :) So Happy with myself!!

MM~ Daisy (my baby kitty) helped me workout today. Kept on pulling out my earbuds!

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes on the treadmill/ abs and arms
E1700 cals
D don't let them get me down at work. do the best I can!

jcatron243
06-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Good Morning! I got in a nice elliptical workout at the gym last night! It was really nice working out with DH again. Its been way too long.

My sister, kids, and I are doing an easy push up challenge. it starts with 3 and ends with 17. For my sis and I this 30 days we are doing half-pushups (aka girl push ups), Tommy is doing regular pushups and Mak is just trying to do 1 girl push up. the next 30 is doing regular push ups.

Today:

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes. get in a good run. abs and weights
E 1700 cals
D spending quality time with my beautiful children.

workinglikeadog
06-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Hi Ladies. Tomorrow I leave w ds for 3 day trip to college to registrar for classes, etc. Sorta excited and a bit stressed. Paperwork is in order, still gotta pack and get snacks in cooler. DS tonsils are not getting better and third trip to doctor we finally took blood and culture tests. Hoping to find out something by the time we get home. DS is doing pretty well other than having very ugly looking tonsils, so confusing!

Have a good week end and I will try to drink water, will exercise at the motel and not too worried about food. I will try to keep calm and not get upset at things I cannot control!!! Take care :hug:

Nixmom
06-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Hi girls. Still here. Working late to get employee evaluations caught up. Bad boss here.

Down to 214 this morning. Haven't been POP on nutrisystem but doing 90% is working.

On vacation starting Friday so will catch up then. Have safe trips, good days and positive attitudes ladies! I'm counting on ya!

jcatron243
06-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Happy Friday!

I used yesterday as an off day. So no working out. I did eat okay though.

W 64 oz
E none today, getting my kids from my moms after work
E 1700 cals
D make it through work.

mothermavis
06-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Morning all. I have pretty much lost the last month so it's time to get back on track. Was 150-151 when I left on vacay and back to 157 now, so....apparently I still can't out exercise bad food choices. Going to try and eliminate more of the foods i think trigger my binges and see how we do

Diana, good luck with the college weekend!

Kris, enjoy vacay. I am off next Thursday-thru the 7th. I can't wait. Only 2 extra days, but I need them.

Jeni, that kitten is so cute! Sounds like you are doing well. PS Shout out for the quote in the article, yay you!!!

W 100
E today is my off day
E OP and yes, plan includes adult beverages tonight around the firepit in the yard. I'll include them in my calories for the day.
D TGIF

mtiger
06-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Back from 4 days on the road visiting lighthouses. We saw a bunch and stopped in some unique places. It is always an adventure when we "just head out." We made most of out food and I came home at 181.2. Can't complain about that.

You ladies just keep working it. Jeni and MM..I would love to be your weights. Just keep that in mind when you get hard on yourselves.

jcatron243
06-29-2014, 05:38 AM
MM~I always have a tough time getting back on track after my Disneyland trip. This time was easier because DH and I were working out together.

Mindy~ I am so jealous of your trip! I would love to do something like that. I'm not being to hard on myself, but I hate gaining anything after all of that hard work. I mostly stopped making myself a priority again.

I am so proud of Mak! She started off not being able to do a single girl push up, and now she is up to 6!!!

W 64 oz Take my dang water bottle to work!
E maybe a nice walk tonight after work.
E 1700 cals
D keep calm

mothermavis
06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Yay for Mak! She's doing great!

Great weekend.
Friends over for fire and beers Friday.
Graduation party yesterday and a hike with my son today.

Back to work for 3 days!

jcatron243
06-30-2014, 05:59 AM
Happy Monday!

W 64 oz
E 1700 cals
D not to talk back at work :)

mtiger
06-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Got in a walk last night, jogged a half mile. It was hot out there. Lunch with my girlfriends today.....must try and be good. Had quite the lazy weekend so I need to get moving this week.

jcatron243
07-02-2014, 05:37 AM
Missed posting yesterday. I had a Dr. appointment followed by a visit from my sister who is here from Maryland.

My last two Dr. appointments they have used a digital scale. Yesterdays appt. was the old scale. It was nice having it set on the 100lb and going up rather than the 150lb! and according to my chart I have lost 4 pounds since May 30! Of course it could just be the difference in the scales.

W stay hydrated! 64 oz
E 1700 cals
D stay on track with my de-stressing practices at work. Avoid negativity.

jcatron243
07-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Hurray! I made it to the last day of my workweek!

Tomorrow DH and I will go workout together( probably a bike ride since I think the gym is closed tomorrow!) And then a BBQ/B-day party at my moms!!

W stay hydrated!!!! Lots of water
E nothing today, LONG HOT HARD day at work
E 1700 cals
D work hard, only do the possible!

mtiger
07-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Got in a 3 mile run yesterday..ran most of it. Scale....not too cooperative. 182.6. I have a doctor appt. today and it is raining. Not sure about working out yet. Having kids over for the 4th and going to the horse races where my DD works in the evening. It should be fun. Have a great holiday everyone!!!

mothermavis
07-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Jeni, I bike ride and BBQ sounds like a wonderful 4th! Hope it's s perfect day for you. Our Y is closed tomorrow too. I did my last work day yesterday and I am off til Tuesday!

Mindy, vacation sounds like it was wonderful! Thanks for the positive thoughts! I appreciate it :hug:

Well, not sure how good the timing is with jobs and my Dad and all, but I signed up for a 15k training program at the local running store and it started last night. I am excited and motivated to get 100% back on my goals. I went to pintrest last night for some new ideas for food.

My plan is to continue to keep the processed foods and esp the whites to a minimum. Stay in my 1300 calorie range and get the most bang for my buck. Heavy on veggies! I am thinking I'll stick with my smoothies, one a day for either breakfast or dinner depending on the day. Leftovers work great for lunches, so I'll make extra when I do cook and then I can get back on autopilot with my food. That is my biggest hurdle, Can't out exercise my crap choices. I am however going to continue to make caloric room for grapes....or wine....:D

Shout out to the rest of you, Diana, Carma and Kris! Miss you ladies!

W 100
E Today is a nice slow run and I am contemplating going to the Y to lift and to sit in the sauna for a bit.
E POP, still on my first cup of coffee right now. Slept til 7:30, I usually get up at 5, so that is a big deal for me!
D “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.” –Unknown

Today, I will be happy.

workinglikeadog
07-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Good Morning Ladies, crazy schedule might be opening a bit? At least I can relax on thinking of stuff to be done before ds goes to college. I thought I would get into painting but my MINE time will be towards garden art and I am so excited. I will try to post my final products. About 6 projects in all involving mosaic, paisley design rhubarb leaves, gnomes, herbs and crystal beads ---some FUN!

Mindy, you are so good with your 3 mile runs, you amaze me. Horse racing sounds fun. Is is with jockey or with those little buggies? My uncle in upper Ohio use to race with the buggies(sorry I can't remember the proper name).

Jeni, You are so lucky to work out with dh, does it make you work harder than you would alone? I've been working hard on hydration also and not sure if I've been getting enough because I have been so tired.

Mavis, I am trying to keep my processed foods to a minimum as well, although I'll have to do better come fall. OH, I think the timing to join in on the 15 k training is perfect and may be just what you needed, good for you. Love your quote, the last few days the first thing out of my mouth in the morning is "I choose to be happy".

Hi to Carma and Kris

Have a fun 4th, we have a simple tradition of driving up to the lake and watching the fireworks for about an hour. Looking forward to the tradition this year.

W Filling up jug so I get at least 50oz
E 30 mins min. this morning was a nice walk with my dog.
E Watching proportions and trying to limit whites.
D "I choose to be Happy"

Nixmom
07-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Happy Independence Day girls!

Today is my birthday. The big 43. The thread is my first stop! Wanted to start right! :carrot:

Vacation has been busy unpacking, shopping for clothes, sold a car (hence the shopping for clothes :) ) and today I will take some time to do my traditional 5 year goals. Later is catch up with my best friend, and tonight is a couple cocktails and firework watching at some other friends house. 215.6 this morning and realizing that I need to reincorporate exercise into the busy world that is my life.

Mindy - nice job on keeping yourself moving. The 180s are temporary sister. They will not win!

Diana - I can't wait to see the yard art! While unpacking I thought of you multiple times as I rummaged through a half dozen boxes of craft supplies, embellishments, paint and canvas. We are having a yard sale In a couple of weeks and I am struggling with holding on to my goodies or trying to make some money on them.

Jen - your sis is coming! How exciting! I miss my sister tons. She is in Oregon and I'm here I sweltering sunny SoCal. Hope your visit is a positive one that restores your energy too.

Mavie - mmmmmm BBQ and a bike ride.... Perfection. I'm also with you on the wine. :D. Hope your day is fantastic!

Ms. Carma - I hope all is well with you and you are out enjoying life too!

Ready to dive into another box and continue to getting settled in. I actually have plans for my own little yoga, exercise room in the house. I would start today, but unfortunately the boxes are in the way. If you girls have any suggestions on yoga DVDs or online videos, please pass them my way.

Have a wonderful day all!

mothermavis
07-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Happy Birthday Kris! :bday2you:

Nixmom
07-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks miss Mavie! It was a great day.

Just came to check in. Dang hot here. 102 with a bazillion percent humidity. Can't wait for the sun to start to set.

Did not get goals set, but gonna try to sneak into a quiet room and work through a few.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Be back tomorrow night!

mothermavis
07-06-2014, 07:06 AM
My butt is up and out early. Beautiful hike yesterday, 4 miles this am. wish me luck, be back later

Nixmom
07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Well..... How was everyone's weekend?

I'm gearing up to getback to work after a refreshing week off. Hope I remember what to do.

I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GET ON POINT WITH N.S. starting tomorrow. Bit of a failure this weekend with it. Also been checking out some couch to 5k/couch to 1/2 marathon programs. Mavie, your blog reminded me time is ticking away. I am going to start a plan in the next couple weeks and probably double the time frames (14 weeks on the 1/2). I'm not a runner, but really want to learn to be, and like it.

Also working on my get out out of debt plan. Are any of you avid couponers? I have faded in and out but need to get to planning and saving. We are up to our eyeballs in debt with the new house!

Alright chicks. Checking in tomorrow AM with weight.

WEED for the week:
W - 80 oz ( gotta start somewhere )
E - 3 30 minute dog walks. If hubby won't go, it's one at a time for the doggies.
E - NS - logged and packed, every day
D - remember to invest time in myself.

mothermavis
07-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Kris, I have used coupons, but don't have any experience with the impressive couponing I see in the grocery store. Certainly appears possible to save a boatlod of money, Also, Ease into 5K was my favorite app. It lets you use your own music instead of that awful techno crap.

Ran 4.45 miles yesterday, stayed within calories and weighed exactly the same today. There is a whoosh in my future!

That is the furthest I have ever run that I can remember and no walk breaks!

This picture is one from my hike Saturday.

W 100
E Lot of running around today is about it! Will do some crunches and stretching
E POP
D Keep on keeping on!

mtiger
07-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Well the weekend was sort of a lazy haze. Races were fun.

Diana- With jockey..thoroughbred races. The other is harness racing with standard breds. My daughter works for the gaming board. She collects urine for testing of the winners. We now have tracks in MI that have both types of racing. This track just converted to thoroughbreds and it was hoppin busy and a lot of fun. I can't wait to see some of your new art. I am getting over to Delphi glass THIS WEEK to try my hand at some mosaic. Such pretty stuff out there.

MM- So that is like 10 miles??!! You go for it girl. Best of luck to you. I did 4 yesterday on the treadmill and thought that was plenty. Let us know how it is going.Just saw you posted..gotta go check it out.

Kris- Back in the saddle girl. Round em up and ride hard. You can do this. Oh and by the way....:gift::woo:

Jeni- Went to the gym with hubby yesterday. It is always fun to work out together. I do so much of it on my own, it is nice to have company.

Hubby works late all week so I am planning a few runs to meet him at work when he is done. It is about 4.3 miles from home. Hopefully it stops raining today.

mtiger
07-07-2014, 08:00 AM
MM- Beautiful view. That would be tough to take.

jcatron243
07-08-2014, 05:58 AM
MM~great job on the run! And that was a beautiful view!

Kris~ Not a couponer. I wish I had the patience for it but I just don't.

Mindy~I love working out with my DH. It hasn't been happening for a while though. Summer break combined with no cooking class. I want to start walking with him again, but man time just seems to get away from us. Enjoy your runs!!

Myself? This weekend I didn't workout at all, but I did keep moving. I spent time with my sister and her family on the fourth. That was really nice. I had to go and buy some new clothes for my kiddos on Saturday~both of them are growing so dang fast!! Tommy is into a size 14/16 at 8 years old. and he is so dang tall!! Spent Sunday cleaning, inside and out. The kiddos did yard work, they both owe us money for video games we bought them. Then we loaded our truck up for a dump run. Monday was more house work, but it was so nice I did sit and relax for a while while the kids played on the slip and slide. I feel a bit guilty that I didn't do any specific workout, but I feel good because I kept moving.

So far I am feeling pretty good on Zoloft. I am one week in to my 2 week PMS window and I have only had one (very brief) moment of anger and rage. I was alone and I was able to talk myself down. This is the week I usually go back and fourth from sobbing to euphoria, coupled with fatigue that keeps me on the couch. So feeling this good, makes me realize that I made a good choice. Now I just need to see good results into the next week.

W 64 oz no wine
E maybe a nice walk after work.
E 1700 cals
D enjoy work the best I can

mtiger
07-08-2014, 07:58 AM
So after surprise TOM I got down to 181. Good weigh-in. Last week at weigh-in I had gained it all back. Mid cycle gain?? Today I am back down to 181. That seems to be the lowest I can get these days. So close to the 170's...yet so far.

I did a 4 miler last night. Ran up to hubbys work to meet him. He is working late. Man it was a hot one. Only about 85 outside but add running to that and phew!! Plan to do it again today if it doesnt rain.

Nixmom
07-08-2014, 10:17 AM
214.2this morning :carrot:

Got 60 oz water down yesterday. Going for 80 today. Council meeting tonight. Running late this morning. Back tomorrow for personals.:D

mtiger
07-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Did prep work for a crown yesterday. My tooth felt fine beforehand, now it hurts. What gives?? Had mac-n-cheese for dinner, no chewing really. Cereal for breakfast with no chewing on that side. HHMM. New diet plan.

No workout yesterday...too much pain. Hopefully I can run today. Scale- 181.

mothermavis
07-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Mindy, hope the tooth is better!

Kris, great job!!

Jeni, sounds like a wonderful weekend!

W 100, I have one more glass
E ran 3 miles this evening, went to the gym this am for weights
E OP
D Keep at it

mtiger
07-11-2014, 11:34 AM
181 again today. Seems I can't get past that number. Tomorrow is weigh-in. I was hoping for a tad lower maybe. Did a 5 mile run/walk yesterday. That wa a pooper. I may get in something today.

Off to get my nails done now. Just spent 2 hours with geek squad. We all know about that. It was pretty cool though. They fixed it remotely. Sweet!!!

mothermavis
07-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Mindy, hope weigh in is good to you!

I keep trying to out run poor food choices. It's still not working, just need to get a few on plan days in a row and the cravings go away. Another day 1 today!!

Can't chat, have a couple open houses today, so I am off!

W 100
E Running this evening, no time til then
E POP
D fight the good fight, finish the race!

mtiger
07-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Weigh-in was good. I was 180.4 on my scale today. SSOO close. At WW I lost the 3.6 I gained last week. As I have said before, my hormones and pre-menopause are killing me. I am trying a new supplement. I will let you all know if it helps.

mothermavis
07-13-2014, 06:04 AM
Mindy, good job on the weigh in!

Morning to all! It's been a short weekend so far.
2 open houses yesterday and then last night we picked up a new puppy. Forgot what nights are like with a puppy. Ugh. Good thing she's cute.

This morning, I am off to run 5 miles and then I will spend the rest of the day picking up and getting puppy proofed again!

W 100
E Once i finish the run just stretching
E OP
D Don't get overwhelmed

jcatron243
07-14-2014, 05:53 AM
MM~great job on that run!

Mindy~I'm glad your scale budged for you.

I'm sorry I have been MIA. I am on day 7 of work (with possibly 4 more coming). DH and I are working on some home improvement projects. We were going to start next weekend, but he got a head start while I was at work this weekend. So I get to paint (horrible at it, and hate it). I have been putting paint samples on my walls and getting decorating ideas! We are going to paint all of the rooms in our house over the next 8 weeks. Normally I don't do things like this, but I am so excited!

The Zoloft seems to be working great. I am within 3 days of TOM and no mood swings at all. Very little negative thoughts.

I'm not WEEDing, but I am trying hard to watch what I eat. I haven't weighed myself since the first, but I plan on it on my next day off (whenever that shall be).

workinglikeadog
07-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Hello,
Struggling with the heat and energy. It was 111 plus heated car shopping in The Dalles yesterday, brutal for sure. It's only 93 here in Maupin today, but I am puddling, and thankful for a mid day meeting after lunch. I made a healthy homemade soup this morning, did laundry plus trying to get in touch with you ladies are my accomplishments for today. Working at enough water, naturally getting in exercise gardening, for the most part eating fresh fruits/veg and good proteins, still flexing "I choose to Be HappY''. Will try to catch up with comments later. Hope everyone is doing well :wave:

workinglikeadog
07-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Kris, hope you kept some crafty items for a rainy day. I know what you mean about clearing things out though and making some money. And trying to save money using coupons is not on my do well list, I am so bad at even trying to use the few that I buy all the time.

Mavis, happy belated b-day. Gotta say you came into the world with a bang(tee, hee), that's so cool you were born on the 4th!

Mindy, yes harness racing, it was always so interesting to watch. It sounds like good family fun, so nice to have your dd as a connection. I can't wait to see what you do in mosaics, are you taking a class. It would be great to do it where all the materials were at hand.

Jeni, so glad the Zoloft seems to be settling out the lows, that has got to be exhausting for you. Good luck on your home improvements, you have a nice goal.

Hi to all, gotta run!

jcatron243
07-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Diana~Its good to "see" you. I wouldn't like that hot weather!

I decided to hit the scale Tuesday, not too bad. Of course we will see on my official W/I day next week.

Getting in the water, and keeping it to about 1700 calories. Still no really good workout, but work keeps me moving.

mtiger
07-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Hubby is on vacation this week so what are we doing??? Painting the garage. How fun!! Yesterday we cut in and I painted all the cracks. Today we roll. Yay. I did go for a morning run yesterday. Maybe I will get one in tonight after the work is done.

My tooth has been a nightmare. I ended up with a root canal and it still hurts. Now they say it is just from all the work. Yikes.Tomorrow is weigh-in. Not expecting much of anything. Maybe a small gain.

Diana- I have not made it to Delphi yet but I am thinking a class would work well. Then...who knows.

mothermavis
07-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Here is why I've not been around much...meet our girl!

mothermavis
07-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Happy Saturday, finally, an off day!

W 100
E 40 minute run, 100 crunches 50/50, stretch
E pop, 1200 calories, no mich ultra
D Treat yourself as well as you treat others

mothermavis
07-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Nailed most of yesterday, except had 1beer and went to five guys for dinner, but was still under my calories for the day, so I'm calling it in the win column for the day!

W 100 so far, just coffee :D
E headed out for 5 miles this morning
E OP
D keep your own priority list, don't let others choose for you

mtiger
07-21-2014, 07:52 AM
MM- What a cutie. Have fun with that little girl. I have a sick kitty, so we are going to the vet today.

So my son (my baby) turned 26. We had family over for a pizza party. Glad we don't do that very often (the pizza I mean). The garage looks beautiful, hubby went back to work and my week is packed with appointments. The tooth is finally settling down and I get my crown on Tuesday. Boy was that a disaster. Don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Here's to a good week girls. Hope to "see" all your smiling faces here this week.

workinglikeadog
07-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Morning Ladies,
Started the day with some exercise and measured my water this am. Am eating lots of fresh foods and trying not to snack too much. Keeping a can do attitude. This morning I made cement rhubarb steps with a friend and can't wait to unveil/clean the decayed leaf off in about a week. So finished teapot tower for the garden and a gem windchime which I put in my kitchen.

Mavis - puppy is too cute, all the moments in a day would not be enough to love that cutie.

Mindy - Glad your tooth is behaving better after the root canal (ouch), hope the crown looks and feels great tomorrow. You made fast work of your garage, so nice to get a project done. Hope kitty is feeling better by now.

Hi and hugs to All.:)

mothermavis
07-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Working, I like the teapot tower! Colors are soothing. Perfect for a garden! It's a good thing puppy is cute, because she's a beast. She's had me up since about 2:30 AM! She's done good most nights though, so I really can't complain.

Mindy, It's crazy how fast our kids grow up. Happy Birthday to your son!
PS, I think I sent you a facebook friend request (found you from our Pintrest Weed page)

Jeni, hope you are finally getting some days off. You and Mindy are both in painting mode it sounds like!

Kris, where are you Kris?? 5-10 minutes a day for you is needed!

W 100
E Spinning class, crunches and stretch
E OP
D Life is good, relax and stop obsessing!

jcatron243
07-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Morning everyone!

MM~the Puppy is so dang cute!!!

Painting Painting Painting!!! my kitchen is done!! Well except the molding which is going to be a painting project the kids and I do, it will take a couple of weeks for that. I have to paint the edges of my ceiling in the living room and touch up the walls and that room is done! (have to do that tomorrow). We had to remove some damaged sheet rock in our dining room around our windows, and found a rotten stud so we had to spend extra time removing and replacing that. Tonight after work we will finish mudding and texturing the area, then tomorrow I will paint the dining room! It was supposed to be a three day project, but it will be a four day project, but so worth it.

On another note, 1 year ago today I set myself a goal, to lose 30 pounds making my weight 150 pounds. I decided this was the most realistic and maintainable weight for me. I'm going to w/I tomorrow since today is a work day, but the last two months my weight has bounced around from 144-149. I am very proud of myself. I haven't gotten in any workouts this past few weeks, but as soon as my projects are over, I am back to running. DH needs to lose 12 pounds, so it will be back to no whites at night for us.

Not weedin' this week.

mtiger
07-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Diana- love the tower. My sister has made two recently. One with punch bowls, the other with glass trays and bowls and red. Fun stuff. What else are you making.

MM- Puppies are stinkers. My son is getting a rot/pit puppy soon. Oh goodie for him. What is her name?

Jeni- Lots of painting huh? We did that last year. Painted almost every room and ceiling in the house. We have oak trim so no painting that. I do have a garage door and window to paint. We needed to do some replacement work there.

The garage is almost done. It looks great. We have a realtor coming on Wed. Going to try listing it again. Wish us luck.
Kitty has upper respiritory (cant spell that one) infection. Got antibiotics. That first shot kicked some butt and he is already feeling better.

Got in a good run yesterday outside. It is always harder/slower. I got a pretty good time though. 182 today. Those elusive 170's are making me mad. It would be TOM time about now. We shall see what is in store.

KRIS- COme on girl. DOn't make me find you on FB.....

mtiger
07-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Got in a walk/run last night. Need to tidy up the house today since we have a realtor coming by tonight. We shall see. I also have the pleasure of smooshing the tata's today. Gotta make sure they are good.

Hope you all have a great day. Oh scale news 180.2 with no TOM in sight. Maybe I will see those 170's this week.

jcatron243
07-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Mindy~Good luck on listing the house! I am hoping to get all of the rooms in the house painted by the second week in September. Our dining room is a bit of a challenge with the work DH had done. The mudding isn't going as fast as we thought. I'm hoping to finish it up this morning.

I have all of today and half of tomorrow to finish up my projects, otherwise it will be passed off to DH for his weekend. The kiddos are going to summer camp on Sunday, which would be a perfect time to paint their rooms, but it is my work week. :( And I am hoping for a couple of overtime days.

On the scale front

July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8
April 22~~146.
May 23~~143.2
June 23~~147.4
July 23~~147.4 Looking back through my past year, I have been basically maintaining since January. Which is okay, since my goal was 150 which I still feel is my most maintainable weight. I am very proud of myself for my accomplishments, I know that I need to get my booty in gear and get my workouts on again. I miss those so much!

mothermavis
07-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Jeni, you ROCK! Great job!

Mindy, good luck with the realtor! Hate the semi annual smooshing of the tatas, but it's gotta be done! Hope you see the 170s this week!

mtiger
07-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Jeni- You have done awesome. Those numbers look great, you look great, healthy. Someone told me to make sure I look at workouts as good for me...not just to lose weight. That is my frame of mind lately. We need to just be good to ourselves.
Painting...yuck. But so well worth it.

Mm-Got your FB request. Stalked your page a little. Good looking family, including the four legged. You must be proud.

Realtor says its a nice place, has pluses and minuses, just like any house. He seems confidant that he can sell it and we won't lose our shirts. YAY!!! Just breaking even would be good in my book.

179.4 :dancer::dancer: Lots to do today. Dogs to vet for teeth cleaning (and unfortunately some pulling) Lunch with my work friends and I need to get in a run. I better get going.

mtiger
07-25-2014, 07:13 AM
179.2 Two days in a row.:cheer2::cheer2: Looking for a little less before tomorrows weigh-in.

jcatron243
07-26-2014, 05:34 AM
Hurray Mindy!!!!

Painting and repairs are done! Well DH is putting a second coat on the kitchen ceiling today, but otherwise he surprised me this morning by moving the house back into place. Now I need to dust everything off!!

Starting Tomorrow its back to WEEDin!!! YAY

mtiger
07-27-2014, 08:50 AM
So weigh-in was good yesterday. I was 178.4 at home. I have lost 6.4 pounds at WW. It has only taken 13 weeks but hey. Today I am 179 and that's okay. No running yesterday and we did go to Culver's. No ice cream though.

Yesterday we cut down my beautiful wheeping cherry tree, which unfortunately died. Then we had the pleasure of getting the stump out. Today we go to the gym.

So I signed up for a 5 mile trail run in Sept. It is called the Woodstock Flower Power Run. It is a whole weekend of running events, music, yoga, peace and love. Sounds like a good time. SO I need to be in serious training mode.

Nixmom
07-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Friggin password nightmare!!!!!

Hi sisters. Sorry I was gone so long. Scale is up to 217 this AM. I have been bad, and busy and bad. Here'e my confessional.

Smoking again (moron) about 2 months. What started as "just on vacation" in May turned into a stress crutch. Picking up some Nicorette lozenges ($10 off coupon was in my face this morning) this week. Quit day is August 4th... because...

We never got to having the yard sale. Its coming this weekend. If anyone walked in my house that didn't know me, they would remove me from this hoarders den. We ended up with too much "stuff" to process for the weekend we had planned, and I am ONLY DOING THIS ONCE!

Lastly, we snuck in a last of the summer Havasu trips with kids. It was good, I am just feeling overwhelmed.

So I'm here. Sorry for marathon post. I had also delayed my second month NS deliveries. Money is tight as hubby has no work. THEN IT HAPPENED. I checked my bank account, and NS had charged, and shipped yesterday - I forgot to further delay. Another sign that I need to get back to good. So here I am.

You ladies are crazy house/garage painting fools! I hope you are enjoying the fruits of your labor!

Mindy :carrot::carrot: 170's chick! YES! So much work, but it paid off. Hold tight lady. That whole no chew diet may be the ticket. Ultimately I hope your tooth is back to good though. You need to be able to chew your veggies!

Mavie - DAISY... I love her. From afar. So stinkin cute. My lump of a dog and his side kick are turning into death trap trip hazards in my new house. OH, and we put our old place on the market last Sunday. Pray it sells soon. Between the note and the utilities, it will put about $2200 A MONTH back into my bank account!

Jen - Busy girl you are! Good on ya for teaching Tommy to cook (or at least providing him with the gene that likes to cook). Glad to hear the teamwork continue with hubby. You two are a strong force!

Diana - Ahhhhh. Crafts. I seriously can't wait. When we cleaned out the barn at the old place, hubby uncovered all of MY power tools, saws, drills. He was a little astonished that I owned better stuff than him! I have been trying to stay away from Pinterest. It makes me want to save everything and turn them into projects. Your tea pot tower is adorbable! Keep calm and CREATE!

Well ladies - 5 to 10 for myself. Okay. I can do this. I need to be here.

WEED for week 7/27
W - 80 a day
E - This week will be running room to room pricing, sorting, prepping
E - NS on point. Logged.
D - You can do anything, you just can't do everything.

Have a blessed Sunday ladies. Thanks for being here.

mothermavis
07-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Mindy, yay for the 170's! If I were near you, I would SO LOVE TO DO the Flower Power run with you!! That sounds awesome!!! Thanks for the compliments on my fam! I surely am proud of those men I call my babies!

Jeni, Love that Tommy made dinner!! :carrot: Keep that boy cooking! I liked the pics of the painting, your new colors are great!

Kris, Welcome back! Glad you are here :hug: Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I ever did. You can do it!!

W 100
E ran my 5 miles this am, some crunches and some stretching, I'm done
E OP logging it all into MFP
D Sunday funday!

mtiger
07-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Kris- SO glad you are back.....now to just keep you here. I think if you go missing for more than 3 days I should come find you. You eat that NS food and and chat with us. You can do this.

MM- 5 miles yesterday? That is what I think I need to do today. Must check the weather to see if rain is coming again.

Watched my DD 2 dogs for 5 days. Add in my 3 who are on meds due to their dental appt. and my house has been crazy. Time to clean up the dog fur.

Stupid temporary crown broke and came off while eating baked Lays. And my appt isnt until Aug.12. I think not!!! Scale today 178..:cool:

Nixmom
07-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Mindy- Mavie :hug: thanks girls. I'm definitely battling a good case of the screw-it's.

215.6 this AM. Day started off well but went to **** in a hurry. Found myself launched into a gooey pan of take out lasagne and know I will regret it in the morning. TOM arrived Friday and has depleted me like crazy. Tomorrow is a new day.

Struggling a bit with my 25YO. He works part time and is still chasing the baseball dream. He helps when asked but still lacks awareness of cleaning up after himself like an adult. Hubby is frustrated. I get frustrated. I just want everyone to do their part. Can't be the boss at home and at work. Gonna talk to the kid and get expectations on the table all the way around.... Again. Any advice is welcome.

Sorry for the venting. Guess I'm just in head clearing mode.

Mindy I'm sorry to hear about the rogue tooth that wants to make you miserable. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and will be thinking about ya the whole time. Hoorah for the scale. Hold fast my friend.

Mavie girl - nice runs. I so want to get back to exercise. I need start working for that tinker bell next August. I want to do it with you and the girls!

Jen, Diana and carma ... Hope you girls are well. Be back tomorrow to check in. At least I got here to in a row.

Good night chicks!

mtiger
07-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Kris- I sometimes feel that Young Adult children are the most difficult. My son is living with GF and has been unemployed for about 6 weeks. GF is paying the rent but bills with my name....(guess who's paying those). He is not very motivated and gets annoyed when I push him a bit. He applied for a job yesterday that I am praying he gets. :crossed: Kids!!!!

SO my temporary came off SUnday and my dentist is on vacay for 2 weeks. Luckily he had a friend on call and they got me in yesterday and put on my permanent. YAY!!! I am one happy girl. It feels good.

I am also thrilled with the scale. I have been logging alot of miles. 5 yesterday. I did fast slow fast and did pretty good. I was not too concerned about how long I needed to go slow to recover. Today 177.4. Did ya'll hear that??? That was the sound of me yahooing this morning.

I also started taking Indole 3 Carbinol. It is supposed to help balance out the estrogen that like to store fat in our bodies. I don't know if it is the supp or the running but something is working. Must stick to it.

mothermavis
07-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Kris, kids are a PITA. I love mine dearly, but they sometimes remind me why other animals eat their young. Maybe a simple chore list, or just dump whatever he leaves around in his room and close the door. I was a big fan of closed doors. Then I did not have to look at it.

WE ARE DOING THE TINKERBELL, SO GET YOUR ARSE IN GEAR WOMAN!

Mindy, :carrot::carrot::carrot: for the 170's!! You rock!!! Glad you finally got crowned!

Jeni, I am assuming work days? Ugh. Hope all is well on your side of the country!

Diana, Carma? Where are you?

OK, crazy scary night. Daisy got into the herb garden and ate some chives (read onions, read toxic) She was extremely sick, both ends, lethargic ugh! Several hours of **** followed by almost no sleep, she is much better this AM and I am off to take a nap and go to work a couple hours late!

W 100
E running with my group tonight, speed work, so is not my strong suit, but I can only get better
E POP just had a handful of homemade granola I bought at the farmers market this weekend. It's awesome!
D Counting my blessings

mtiger
07-30-2014, 07:38 AM
MM- I hate when my dogs get sick. Scary. Glad she is feeling better. SPeed work today huh?? Now that sounds like a ton of fun.

No workout yesterday..it was rainy and cold, plus I had a lunch date. Gotta get back out there today. 2, 3, 10 miles......I dont know. Scale up a bit today 178.2. Not bad for no workout and eating out.

workinglikeadog
07-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Mindy, WOW the 170's - Congrats and good on you for your perseverance. I don't run but the Woodstock Flower Power Run sounds like some awesome fun. So glad to hear you have your permanent crown in. Sounds like you have put in a good amount of clean time on your house. Good luck with selling it.

Jeni, Awesome job on weight maintenance, you got some good habits formed to do this. I am so jealous that your hubby is cooking - wow, that is one chore I would like to share with my bubby(but not holding my breath anytime soon). It is hard to be inspired/make a decision on what to cook. I am lucky my guys are not picky eaters. Good to hear you have your kitchen project done and will be weeding again.

Mavis, your WEED is so on task, how do you do it? Keep up the good work! Darn why did those herbs taste good to puppy. So glad to hear she is doing better today.

Kris, your own power tools, you rule. And yes, pinterest can be dangerous, lots of great ideas. Hope you are ready for that garage sale and do well with getting rid of things this weekend. I have been getting rid of a few things every week, probably a good habit to keep up.

As for me, the heat still has my mid day slowed down to stopped. I've been cleaning rugs, floors, drapes and throws. Hoping I can get ds to dust and vacumn furniture for me. Still working on craft projects for myself, for a friends barn warning and for our garden club. Today 4 of us gardeners put 15 fall bouquets together. All were different and amazing how much materials we went through. Our group needs to make 15 more for the event in sept(Oregon Cycle). The next 15 will be in canning jars held by horse shoes, should be interesting. The air conditioner in my art studio went belly up on me, ugh. Not sure what to do, I want to get back to painting in August. Struggling with finishing my last crafts because of the heat and may just have to put them off till cooler. I am totally off program, so have started with one small step, taking morning vitamins. Water not bad, so next I want to start some type of exercise, then I will consider myself weeding again. Wish me luck and maybe give me a kick in the arse to get me started.;)

jcatron243
07-31-2014, 05:54 AM
Hi ladies!!! Yes it has been a work week. My kids are off to camp, So my mornings have been spent sending them e-mails and my evenings have been great time with Will.

I'm still trying to get my house back in order, but with work it is kind of hard. Will and I will get to it on Saturday I'm sure.

It happened ladies, my little baby girl became a "woman" :( (she is only 11) Right in time for camp this week. AAAAK! She was cool about it because we have talked a lot about it. But I did come home early from work on Sunday so I could answer any questions

Mindy~Congrats on getting into the 170's!!!

MM~I am so jealous of your runs (yours to Mindy!) I am in desperate need of a run.

KRIS!! So glad to see you back again.

Diana~ Great small step!! Vitamins are very important, and Water is essential in the heat!!!

I plan on running tomorrow, but maybe I will dust off my treadmill tonight!