Ideal Protein Diet - Anyone else have over 100 pounds to lose?

islandgirlwannabe
04-17-2014, 09:23 PM
I started IP Late March 2014 I need to lose more than 100 pounds just wondering if anyone else has a high amount to lose.

sweetenuf
04-17-2014, 09:27 PM
yes ma'am I started Middle January at 310 and my goal is 175 right now. So that is 135 lbs.

islandgirlwannabe
04-17-2014, 09:32 PM
yes ma'am I started Middle January at 310 and my goal is 175 right now. So that is 135 lbs.

Hi Sweetenuf :)

I know we can get er done... How are you loving the plan? I cant believe how easy it has been for me so far. I am currently on 4 IP's and then make my supper. Looks like you are doing a Great job already girl!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonstar01/lb/296/179/274.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

sweetenuf
04-17-2014, 09:44 PM
This has been the best system I have ever done, nothing including my LapBand has ever given me this much success. It has been very easy and I have stayed 100% on plan since day one.

I definitely can see an end goal with this plan and that makes me very happy!

I only have 3 pkgs a day, but all coaches are different. Oh and make sure you join all the threads that apply to you, these ladies on here are fantastic!!

IdealProteinNewbie
04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Me.

It can be done!

sweetenuf
04-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Me.

It can be done!

How long has it taken you to lose 109?

lisa32989
04-17-2014, 10:20 PM
me.
I tried this prior to lap band. Now I don't need surgery.
Lost my weight in about 10 months.
Some health issues have caused long stall but I'm back on p1 for the summer challenge

Ruth Ann
04-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Me.

It can be done!

Me too.

It took me less than a year to lose 118 pounds. On P2 now, starting P3 on Saturday.

You can do it! Once you get your mind set to it and start exercising that determination muscle, it all kind of flows together. I would never have thought I could go from a size 24/26 pants to a size 4 - but I did! I started putting on weight in my mid-20s after I got out of the Air Force, so I had about 25 years of being overweight. A year to lose it seems insignificant in comparison.

I commend everyone who is just starting for getting going. I know it's hard to think about losing more than 100 pounds but if you break it up into smaller goals it really does help. I set myself some goals as I went along - the first was to lose 20 pounds. Along the way I set things like "get under 200" "weigh less than my driver's license says" "weigh less than my husband" - you get the idea!

Stay OP and you will be amazed at your own success. It has been hard sometimes, but so worth it! You are worth the investment in yourself!

IPCali
04-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Me too.

It took me less than a year to lose 118 pounds. On P2 now, starting P3 on Saturday.

You can do it! Once you get your mind set to it and start exercising that determination muscle, it all kind of flows together. I would never have thought I could go from a size 24/26 pants to a size 4 - but I did! I started putting on weight in my mid-20s after I got out of the Air Force, so I had about 25 years of being overweight. A year to lose it seems insignificant in comparison.

I commend everyone who is just starting for getting going. I know it's hard to think about losing more than 100 pounds but if you break it up into smaller goals it really does help. I set myself some goals as I went along - the first was to lose 20 pounds. Along the way I set things like "get under 200" "weigh less than my driver's license says" "weigh less than my husband" - you get the idea!

Stay OP and you will be amazed at your own success. It has been hard sometimes, but so worth it! You are worth the investment in yourself!

Hi Ruth Ann,

Going from size 24 pants to size 4. OMG!!

And you were in the Air Force. Did you like it?

What did you do in there? Was it hard for a woman to be accepted into the Air Force?

Well, I have over 100 lbs to lose.

I am already feeling like a thin person after the first 22lbs in 30 days!

AmberLS
04-17-2014, 11:02 PM
My initial goal was 80, which is still my goal on paper at the clinic, but it's been so great I think I'm going to shoot for an even 100, to take me from 250-150! I could actually weigh what my beautiful 15 year old daughter does in less than a year! I tell her all the time we'll be sharing jeans before she knows it! LOL She rolls her eyes!

Kawaii1002
04-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Island,

Yep. I started IP at 395.4, goal weight is 160, so my total weight loss that I need to do is 235.4 lbs. Since October 2, 2013, I'm down 120lbs. It can be done!!! :) 115.4 to go :)

brelo
04-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Me too! As of my WI this afternoon, I am down 100 pounds from my top weight. The first 10 were WW, the next 10 just making good choices, and the rest were IP! Am drooling at the idea of making it into the 1's!! Haven't been there since the late 90's and I am starting to believe it will really happen!

Fearciuil
04-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Me, too! My official goal is to lose 100lbs exactly, but I might keep going after that. I've got half an eye on losing 130. I'm creeping up on 40lbs lost right now. :D

64peppergirl
04-18-2014, 12:19 AM
And me too. As of today I've lost 130 pounds in seven months. Started at 378 on Sept. 27, 2013. That probably is too fast since my coach didn't know about having more IP packets according to how much your starting weight is. That may be the reason I have lost a lot of my hair and just started wearing a wig. But the hair will grow back after I get the weight down to a better number.

When I quit smoking (a thousand years ago) I told myself to never smoke that "one" cigarette and I never have. When I started IP I told myself to never take that "just one bite" off the diet and so far I haven't. It sure has paid off.

AmberLS
04-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Funny my goal started as 80, it seemed like a huge mountain. I didn't think it'd be two months later and I'd be almost half way there!

Deana509
04-18-2014, 01:13 AM
I started out at 334, and my goal weight is 170 (for now), and I'm down 95 lbs since September 13th.
It can be done.
This is a great program!

Ruth Ann
04-18-2014, 09:40 AM
This is such a great thread - so many people taking charge of their weight is awesome!

Hi Ruth Ann,

Going from size 24 pants to size 4. OMG!!

And you were in the Air Force. Did you like it?

What did you do in there? Was it hard for a woman to be accepted into the Air Force?

Well, I have over 100 lbs to lose.

I am already feeling like a thin person after the first 22lbs in 30 days!

I did like the Air Force - I was in during the late 70s and early to mid-80s which seems like a lifetime ago (I was 17 when I joined). I did public affairs in Washington DC - it was a great job.

And congrats on the great loss! Stick with it and you'll continue to amaze yourself!

Mulse
04-18-2014, 11:01 AM
I also have more than 100lbs to lose. Right now, my goal is to get to 199lbs, which will be a total of 118lbs lost. At that point, I'll re-evaluate where I want my end goal to be.

I'm at 39.6lbs gone in 5 weeks.

schenectady
04-18-2014, 11:24 AM
I started out at 334, and my goal weight is 170 (for now), and I'm down 95 lbs since September 13th.
It can be done.
This is a great program!

Yea, Deana...I have missed hearing from you. I know you are super busy but your posting was like a bright light shining through the rain and fog of a Pacific Northwest morning!

What I love reading about you is the thought that you are going to go through your young life NOT being hampered/restrained/held back by weight. My weight varied from high school and college and on but it was never truly low.

There are so many things on which I allowed myself to lose out because of my weight - I was afraid of being seen, looking stupid, feeling conspicuous, being stared at - whatever!

Now I am turning 60 and I look at you and think how wonderful it is that you are getting a handle on this now. My prayers and thoughts are always with you, cheering you on.

So, now back to the question - YES, it is possible to lose over 100 pounds on IP and yes, it is life changing and worth every moment. As wise Lisa says, it is a struggle every day to fight obesity. This program is not a permanent fix because it is something we must think about, try to work through every single day with challenges coming from all directions. And it is possible. (OK, off my soapbox - I hit -100 today so I am full of the devil today...feeling perky and sassy!)

islandgirlwannabe
04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Island,

Yep. I started IP at 395.4, goal weight is 160, so my total weight loss that I need to do is 235.4 lbs. Since October 2, 2013, I'm down 120lbs. It can be done!!! :) 115.4 to go :)

I am inspired by so many of you <3 <3 <3

Wahoofan
04-18-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm down 74 pounds since IP start and 99 overall. I still have an additional 100+ to loose. IP is the first diet where I actually believe that will happen.

Deana - I want to let you know how much I identify with you and admire how well you have done. I was a similar weight in college and am from Ohio. We started 7 days and 6 pounds apart. I cannot imagine trying to do IP while living on campus. I have the luxury of controlling everything that comes into my house and how 99% of my food is prepared. Congrats for sticking with IP in a tough environment.

Peppertree
04-18-2014, 03:23 PM
The goal I set with my coach at the beginning is a loss of 101 pounds (taking me to 180). However, just yesterday I was playing around with a BMI calculator, and I am going to lower that to 179 (the weight at which I will cease to be obese!). I've lost 42 pounds in the first 11 weeks, and I am hopeful that when I get to 179, I'll want to keep going. But I am not going to focus on that too much right now, otherwise it seems overwhelming. So, I'll continue pressing on through short-term goals to get to that magic 179!

islandgirlwannabe
04-18-2014, 03:58 PM
I also have more than 100lbs to lose. Right now, my goal is to get to 199lbs, which will be a total of 118lbs lost. At that point, I'll re-evaluate where I want my end goal to be.

I'm at 39.6lbs gone in 5 weeks.

When I went in my 1st day my coach said my ideal weight was 179. Just because its my ideal weight am I still able to aim for 145 if I get to 179...She said my muscle mass is 120.

islandgirlwannabe
04-18-2014, 04:00 PM
The goal I set with my coach at the beginning is a loss of 101 pounds (taking me to 180). However, just yesterday I was playing around with a BMI calculator, and I am going to lower that to 179 (the weight at which I will cease to be obese!). I've lost 42 pounds in the first 11 weeks, and I am hopeful that when I get to 179, I'll want to keep going. But I am not going to focus on that too much right now, otherwise it seems overwhelming. So, I'll continue pressing on through short-term goals to get to that magic 179!

I think short term goals is the way to go.. That's how Im doing it also :D

SophieLT
04-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Yep, right there with everyone else. My goal is to lose 113 pounds. I know I can do it if I stay OP.

SylviesGirl
04-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Me, too!

I had a hard time admitting to myself that I had more than 100lbs to lose as it seemed so insurmountable when I began. It seemed insurmountable because no other diet had ever really worked for me. Now that I am in control -- I believe any amount of weight can be lost. It occurred to me last night . . . if I lose 125 lbs (that's 12 more lbs), I will weigh 123 lbs and I will have lost more than I will currently weigh. That kind of blew my mind . . . and sort of scared me, too, if I am honest. Sometimes, I just cannot wrap my head around this huge change . . . both the physical one and the mental one. Never in my life have I felt as if my weight is completely up to me . . . until very recently.

Bellamack
04-18-2014, 05:34 PM
I admire each and every one of you! :)

dak1lls
04-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I admire each and every one of you! :)

I was just popping in to say the exact same thing! Great minds must think alike. lol.

You all are absolutely my role models! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

sweetenuf
04-18-2014, 09:03 PM
OK not switching topics but :) with all of us that need to lose the 100+ and from those of you who have or are close too.....how much (if any) exercise have you done?

lisa32989
04-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Exercise is overrated for weight loss

That being said, it is extremely helpful for toning and for healthy lifestyle and maintenance.

When I started IP, I was such a mess physically I couldn't work out. As I stated feeling better, I added physical therapy (for extreme back pain). I did PT exercise exclusively for many months and then added about 20 minutes of gentle yoga. While on my plateau, I've added weight training at a local gym and I've gradually increased my yoga sessions to 45 minutes.

I'm certainly stronger and healthier than a year ago. My 2 year IP anniversary will be late summer.

sweetenuf
04-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Exercise is overrated for weight loss

That being said, it is extremely helpful for toning and for healthy lifestyle and maintenance.

When I started IP, I was such a mess physically I couldn't work out. As I stated feeling better, I added physical therapy (for extreme back pain). I did PT exercise exclusively for many months and then added about 20 minutes of gentle yoga. While on my plateau, I've added weight traing at a local gym and I've igradually ncreased myoga sessions to 45 minutes.

I'm certainly stronger and healthier than a year ago. My 2 year IP anniversary will be late summer.

Thank you Lisa :)
Hope you have a great easter weekend.

brelo
04-19-2014, 10:22 PM
I have a very active job, on my feet running around for nearly 12 hours a day 3 days a week. I walk about a mile every day that I have off. Other than that, no formal exercise! (at this time!)

Yayalaine
04-19-2014, 11:32 PM
I think I do... I'm sure I do, but I've never been "thin" since I was a child. My highest weight was 255. I have NO idea what a healthy weight should be for me. Using online calculators, I get ranges anywhere from 130-160. (I'm almost 52.)

Speaking of online calculators... I did that "true weight" quiz on the dukan diet website and did NOT like the result. I can't remember their words exactly, but the message said I shouldn't try to lose to less than 160 (my "true" weight) because my weight loss history and family history meant I wouldn't be successful. Kind of a bummer.

So, I guess I'll be finding out as I get closer to 160... if that's a healthy weight for me or if I can keep losing past that.

I did hit the -40 mark today and that was a big deal for me. When I've dieted in the past, I never made it past 40 pounds. I would usually "fall off the wagon" when I had lost somewhere in the 30's.

I don't feel anything like giving up this time. I think it's because the weight loss is faster and therefore more exciting.... that keeps up the motivation. Plus, I think I'm more successful with "abstinence" of the sugar, sweets, and other no-no's. When doing Weight Watchers, I didn't always use my points in the wisest ways...

Ruth Ann
04-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Yayalaine: Don't be afraid to adjust your goals as you go along. I picked 150 as a goal weight just because I couldn't imagine weighing that little. I just started P3, but my scale today (which is always a couple of pounds higher than my coach's) showed 138. I really think you'll know as you get closer to your goal weight whether you should go up or down a little.

One on-line calculator told me I should be between 97 and 107. Really? Not going to happen. So I pretty much ignore the on-line calculators and go by how I feel (although I did celebrate when I went from "obese" to "overweight" on the standard BMI charts).

And congrats on the -40! You're doing great!

Maile
04-20-2014, 10:21 AM
I liked IP because it was successful. I felt better with no sugar and low carb. It took me a year to lose 100 pounds.

Like Ruth Ann..I lowered my goal weight.

Ideal Protein is great and it works.

Yayalaine
04-20-2014, 05:00 PM
In short, do not let yourself be guided by exterior forces that do not know you, your health, your family medical history, whatever. The goal is not a magic number. It can be adjusted up and adjusted down. As one loses, reflect on what feels right and armed with a little knowledge of weights and heights, make up your own mind.

So true! It will be an exciting journey to find where that destination is for me. :)

shathom
04-20-2014, 06:32 PM
I did. It only took me 9 months to lose 110 pounds. I got cocky trying to find out what would work and what wouldn't while I was in maintenance. I am rebooting now. It's taken me since December to get the weight loss started again, but now I am losing the weight I put back on. IP works, I'm 60 years old and never felt better. Hang in there this is a great protocol.

Fearciuil
04-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Wow, shathom, you look GREAT!

Busymomx4
04-21-2014, 08:55 AM
I did, lost 142lbs in 10 months and been maintaining for almost 2 years now. Trying to lose another 10lbs but doing it with a mix of P1-P3 as i'm in no rush.

65X65
04-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Amazing...all of you and inspirational.

Esp the KEEPING it off!!!!:cool:

shathom
04-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Wow, shathom, you look GREAT!

Thank you very much.:D:D

CrimsonKitten
04-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Once upon a time, I had 120 to loose. I lost some with qysmia, but my doctor felt IP would be a better alternative. I now have 57 to go. I had lost hope until IP and never thought I would be able to lose ever. I started the day after Thanksgiving and started IP during the Christmas holidays. I made a lovely IP friendly prime rib with mashed cauliflower and a salad with homemade dressing for Easter. My mom wants my recipes now and my Dad has been inspired to try again. Used my packets to make a mug cake for my birthday. Don't want to mess this up as it is a gift to myself. If you follow it you'll be surprised how fast the weight comes off. This board and the recipes people shared helped me create a very doable plan!

WABelle
04-22-2014, 06:51 PM
please keep posting - this is great.

I too have a LOT (150lbs) of weight to lose and it helps to know that others are in the same situation even tho I don't post much.

My coach used to weigh over 300 and she looks great but since I think she prefers my daughter over me I don't feel comfortable talking to her. And I have all these questions to ask that can't be asked of her.

My daughter is doing great and you can tell she has lost weight. I am wondering if it is because I have more to lose? But since I don't lose as fast as my daughter does and I don't lose the inches either - I tend to get discouraged and reading your posts keeps me sane. ♥

anyone else notice that they are more emotional on IP? or is that just me? Worse than being on the depo shot. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/blue-wink.gif

Ruth Ann
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
please keep posting - this is great.

I too have a LOT (150lbs) of weight to lose and it helps to know that others are in the same situation even tho I don't post much.

My coach used to weigh over 300 and she looks great but since I think she prefers my daughter over me I don't feel comfortable talking to her. And I have all these questions to ask that can't be asked of her.

My daughter is doing great and you can tell she has lost weight. I am wondering if it is because I have more to lose? But since I don't lose as fast as my daughter does and I don't lose the inches either - I tend to get discouraged and reading your posts keeps me sane. ♥

anyone else notice that they are more emotional on IP? or is that just me? Worse than being on the depo shot. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/blue-wink.gif

I'm sorry you aren't comfortable with your coach but ask your questions here! There are so many people here who are so supportive, someone should be able to come up with an answer for you. And we're always up for giving encouragement!

I don't know how old you are, but it is harder to lose the older we get. I don't know the technical explanation for it, but it just seems to be the way it is.

I have been way more emotional on IP. Women store hormones in their fat so as we lose we get flooded with hormones. Aren't we lucky? I actually had to go back on hormone replacement therapy which I'm hoping I can stop at some point after I'm finished phasing off.

We are all here to help and support each other - I couldn't have done this without all these wonderful people.

mainemum
04-25-2014, 03:39 PM
I also have over 100 pounds to lose. My MD recommended that I get 100 off, and then maintain at that weight for at least 6 months. I started IP at 279lb, after losing ONE pound during a month of Weight Watchers. (Why is there no angry carrot smiley?)

I have chosen 170 as my goal, which is a 110lb loss. That would put me at my lowest adult weight. After I have maintained for 6 months, I can see if another lower goal is reasonable.

Congratulations to all of you who have had such great success. It is so encouraging to know that others have been able to climb this mountain!

batgirl
05-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Just wanted to bump this up to see if there are any new people that have lost significant amounts of weight?

This thread is SO moving, inspiring, and motivating for me, also starting out with an insurmountable goal of losing >100lb, not only to make such a goal but meet it! Thank you all that have shared your successes, struggles, and stories here - these are what have gotten me to where I believe I don't have to carry this burden around forever - literally and figuratively. ;)

lisa32989
05-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Just wanted to bump this up to see if there are any new people that have lost significant amounts of weight?

This thread is SO moving, inspiring, and motivating for me, also starting out with an insurmountable goal of losing >100lb, not only to make such a goal but meet it! Thank you all that have shared your successes, struggles, and stories here - these are what have gotten me to where I believe I don't have to carry this burden around forever - literally and figuratively. ;)
One step at a time & careful advance planning for special occasions.

Be sure to have spare packets everywhere in case you need one (I have them in my work desk, my car, DH's car, my purse, and my lunch bag).

Keep variety in the forefront & learn new ways of cooking veggies. Read the threads linked in the first post of the Daily Chat. LOTS of ideas there. Learn everything you can from those who went before you. That's what I did. And stick 100% OP, no excuses. Allowing little things in here & there is like allowing one ant in your house. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of brothers and sisters that will be joining him!

Also, make sure you have a blood test now. In addition to the CBC, have them do a thyroid panel. IP can be hard on a thyroid and it will be good to have those baseline numbers as you move along in the program, just in case something goes awry.

You'll do GREAT! As many of us with significant losses can attest: If I can do it, ANYONE can!

Kellyc14
05-19-2014, 03:39 PM
I have 126 lbs to lose. Your stories are so encouraging!! I browsed through the pic thread earlier and was amazed at the transformations. I'm committed to being 100% ip. For me it starts in the mind, once I make my mind up there is no stopping me. It's just hard getting to that point. I lost 120 lbs 14 years ago through diet and exercise and slowly gained all of it back plus some. I had promised myself that I would never get over 200lbs again, yet here I am and then some!!

I was looking into lap band surgery but my insurance doesn't cover it, then I stumbled upon ip and knew that it was for me. I KNOW I can and WILL do this!! As I am typing my coworkers are talking about me and saying how "stupid" I am for spending all of this money and how I will be off of it in a few weeks. That just fuels me to stick to it 1000% and show them! :-) (I haven't figured out how to do smileys yet).

batgirl
05-19-2014, 03:53 PM
One step at a time & careful advance planning for special occasions.

Be sure to have spare packets everywhere in case you need one (I have them in my work desk, my car, DH's car, my purse, and my lunch bag).

Keep variety in the forefront & learn new ways of cooking veggies. Read the threads linked in the first post of the Daily Chat. LOTS of ideas there. Learn everything you can from those who went before you. That's what I did. And stick 100% OP, no excuses. Allowing little things in here & there is like allowing one ant in your house. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of brothers and sisters that will be joining him!

Also, make sure you have a blood test now. In addition to the CBC, have them do a thyroid panel. IP can be hard on a thyroid and it will be good to have those baseline numbers as you move along in the program, just in case something goes awry.

You'll do GREAT! As many of us with significant losses can attest: If I can do it, ANYONE can!
Thank you for the advice and kind words! I'm using all alternatives and so had ordered some food - so far nothing tastes terrible! Need to bring some things in just to stock in my office besides protein shakes. Also finding I need to get an insulated lunch bag so I can have my food accessible...

I also agree with sticking 100% OP - I have read most of those threads (both the stickies and most of the linked threads IN the stickies!) and knowing that food is a fuel and not designed well as a coping mechanism, better to treat it that way (what do I need vs. what do I want)! Are there any resources I need to be successful besides the sheets that detail the phases? (I printed phase 1 to carry with me for reference in the grocery store, etc.)

batgirl
05-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Batgirl - it is NOT insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination. There are many who are current active posters who have done it by IP.

Set your mind to KNOW that you can and WILL do it. But I find it helpful not to look at the total amount you need/want to lose because that makes day to day IP difficult.

Look at one day, maybe one week at a time. The weight will fall off and it might help to make mini goals, just ignoring the big goal.

I set mine something like 10% off, 20% off, 50 pounds, half off, Onederland (passing from 200 to the magic 199), 75 pounds on so on. You and I started at about the same weight, so know that it is very doable.

My suggestion is to keep up with this site for support through both the good times and the tough times - it is an invaluable place to turn.

Thank you for the encouragement! I will definitely break the journey down into smaller goals as you suggested. And yes - I'm quickly finding there is a lot of support here - thank you so much! :)

SarahEileen
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM
I love this thread! Thanks for the encouragement! I am down 30 lbs... which is great, but have been hit or miss on IP for awhile. I did great at first, went to Mexico for a week and struggled getting back on point. Two weeks ago I started following super strict and I've lost my most recent 10 lbs within those two weeks... I'm hoping to continue on this strong! My 1st goal is 120 lbs, so 90 more lbs from where I'm at. But really I'd love to lose 145 total, if not more. As others have said...it's a one day at a time and making choices to keep going. I've recently decided I'm going to stop going to the clinic and start doing alternative. It's just so expensive.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement posted! I love reading others success stories and hope to be one myself! :)