Ideal Protein Diet - IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014

lisa32989
04-12-2014, 06:25 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

sunflwr816
04-12-2014, 07:00 AM

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

Shopping for spring/summer clothes is my favorite!!

We also have a low key weekend with beautiful weather forecasted for our area...mid 60s-low 70s and sunny! We have an alumni BBQ that we're taking the puppy to and probably a trip to the beach tomorrow! So thankful to have this weekend off from work. :D

Weigh-in 9 today...down another pound! I'll take it! :carrot:

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 07:11 AM
sunflwr816 - Is that a new pic? You look gorgeous! And congrats on the loss!

We're bbqing on Sunday - supposed to be about 70 and sunny. I love nice relaxing Sundays! This was a terribly busy week and I'm looking forward to just puttering around.

Has the new puppy acclimated? Puppies are so much fun, but so active! We considered a puppy when we realized our dog needed a "buddy" several years ago when both dh and I were out of the house all day but I didn't think it was good to get a puppy without having time to really train it so we ended up with a kitten - who now believes he is a dog since he and the dog are best friends.

sunflwr816
04-12-2014, 07:27 AM
sunflwr816 - Is that a new pic? You look gorgeous! And congrats on the loss!

We're bbqing on Sunday - supposed to be about 70 and sunny. I love nice relaxing Sundays! This was a terribly busy week and I'm looking forward to just puttering around.

Has the new puppy acclimated? Puppies are so much fun, but so active! We considered a puppy when we realized our dog needed a "buddy" several years ago when both dh and I were out of the house all day but I didn't think it was good to get a puppy without having time to really train it so we ended up with a kitten - who now believes he is a dog since he and the dog are best friends.

Thank you, you're too sweet! Yes this picture was from my cousin's wedding 2 weeks ago...we had such a fun night.

It's amazing how much the weather will affect my mood. I feel so much happier and full of life with this sunshine and mild temperatures. Seeing buds come up in our garden and buying tulips for around the house is such a mood lifter!

And thanks for asking about the pup, he is doing great! It's been a little tricky with going back to work and trying to find family members/friends to stop by and let him out and walk him (he's too small for puppy daycare since he's not completely vaccinated). He has him moments (sharp teeth, ouch!) but overall he's such a sweet little guy and life is a lot more interesting with him around :D
That is SO cute about the kitten (now cat) and your dog...I love when dogs and cats are best buds!!!

Here's a picture of Miles from yesterday on our walk to the beach!46072

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Oh he is adorable! Makes me (almost) want another puppy!

drd1961
04-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Good morning. Heading out the door to visit the daughter for the long weekend. Got some safe foods in a cooler, but will also be planning my fun day this weekend. Gotta go, long drive!

lisa32989
04-12-2014, 07:43 AM
I have a busy day as well. My alumni association has a global day of service. Unfortunately I've been fighting a cold since a student sneezed in my face on Monday. My head is pretty clogged. I'm glad I'm not volunteering at a nursery today. I'd have to cancel.

Lunch is provided for our crew. I'll have my cooler with p1 food.
I have taken food to special events and I've even taken "sides" to restaurants when their offerings don't fit IP. It can be done, with planning, diligence, and tenacity. A "no matter what" attitude gets us far on this plan.

Jenny38
04-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Good morning,

Lisa, I hope you recover quickly from your cold, getting sneezed on is not fun. There seems to be a lot of Spring colds going around.

Ruth Ann, your weekend sounds lovely, enjoy and have fun cleaning out the closets. I'm finding my closets getting more and more empty as I have good willed or gave all my old clothes to a friend. It feels great yo say goodbye.

Sunflwr816- your little puppy is too cute and seems to have grown a bit already. Your profile picture is stunning. How do you pits a picture of the puppy?

I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14:carrot: I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Congrats Jenny on the size 14s! That is so exciting! Can't wait to see your pics.

blondie739
04-12-2014, 08:41 AM
I think I have recruited a new member! I have been doing personal training sessions since January with a good friend of mine. We took a two week break and when she saw me yesterday, she said she could not believe how small I was looking and then asked for all the details of IP. I try not to be a recruiter but at the same time, I only have good things to say about this experience. I have lost over 45 pounds since Christmas and feel amazing. My husband has lost 50 and looks like a new man!

ReenHag
04-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Happy, happy weekend, everyone! I am so THRILLED to be on spring break! YAHOOOOO! :jig::cb::dancer:

Workout done, breakfast done, laundry in, now a hot bath, then going to spend time with my almost 3-year-old niece on this lovely day!

Went to Kohl's yesterday with my 30% off coupon and got a bunch of clothes- dresses, even! I am not a person who wears skirts or dresses regularly, if ever- only for special occasions. The spring dresses were so cute, though, that I tried hem on and LOVED the way they looked! Mostly smalls and some mediums. How thrilling! Thanks to all of you for the support and info on this journey! No I have school clothes and some cruisewear for my trip this summer! I might even wear one of the dresses to a baby shower tomorrow.

Yup, yup, fun shopping in the spring! Cute stuff out, too! Make some room in that closet. Hubby purged his side last weekend, and now it is virtually empty!

I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14:carrot: I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.

Congrats! That confidence is so empowering, isn't it? Awesome feeling to get those smaller sizes, and with good deals, too! I might have to check out Marshall's soon.

I think I have recruited a new member! I have been doing personal training sessions since January with a good friend of mine. We took a two week break and when she saw me yesterday, she said she could not believe how small I was looking and then asked for all the details of IP. I try not to be a recruiter but at the same time, I only have good things to say about this experience. I have lost over 45 pounds since Christmas and feel amazing. My husband has lost 50 and looks like a new man!

Great stats! And it feels so good to share this program. It works!

IdealProteinNewbie
04-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Lisa: Feel better!

Ruth Ann: Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. You deserve it.

Sunflwr: You are beautiful! Hope the new job is going well!

AmberLS
04-12-2014, 09:30 AM
It's going to be a fantastic week!!!! My kids and I are on Spring Break! Gonna relax do fun stuff with my kids, some swimming, maybe see a movie. Go to my oldest daughters soccer games. Should be fantastic.

On another note I got asked to be a bridesmaid in a fall wedding. The good news is it's fairly relaxed and I get to pick my own dress, it just has to be black. So hopefully I'll be buying myself a LITTLE black dress!

Yayalaine
04-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Feels like Christmas morning... had an early morning delivery of a big Nashua Nutrition box! I can't remember who it was, but someone on the forums told us about how to order single packs of Syntrax Nectar products. I did that and ordered a packet of every flavor that seemed to fit IP.

You click on the Syntrax Nectar "Grab & Go" 12-packet box. In the middle of the description, there is a statement that says "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY." Then, there is a link that says "Click here." (Thanks so much to the person who posted about this earlier! I probably would not have noticed that.)

That takes you to a link for Protein Powder Samples that has even more options than Syntrax Nectar. I had to go back and forth to find the actual item description to look up the nutrient info, but gradually found a list of products that I wanted to try. (This time, I am just trying Syntrax products-- 16 different flavors!). It was $1.95 per pouch, but I'd rather try it this way instead of buying a big jug of a flavor I find I don't like!

Now, to decide which flavor to try first.... :dancer:

Tisado
04-12-2014, 11:10 AM
It sounds like we are planning to have great weekends.

I will be doing an event with our yacht club. While there are snotty yacht clubs (think Thurston Howell III) ours is a 'people with boats' club. I'm on P3 so will be able to enjoy real food but will keep it OP.

I'm seeing your numbers going down.
Ruth Ann, you are 10 below goal?? WOW!!:carrot:

Enjoy the sunshine guys, :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

LuvA1exa
04-12-2014, 12:26 PM
I work Thursday thru Monday so this is my "Wednesday". It is a beautiful day in Virginia. I work at a model home in a golf course community. I have the window in my office open so I can enjoy the fresh air.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 12:26 PM
ReenHag - Enjoy your dressed! The clothes are really cute this spring! Shopping is exhausting though - have to try everything on! No more - oh, this will look good (or at least not horrible) and go. Still figuring out what styles look good on me. Someone gave me a pair of Rockstar jeans from Old Navy and I quickly learned that "low rise" is not a good look for me, although I do like the skinny style.

Thanks IPN! You have a great weekend too!

Tisado - enjoy the sunshine! I think we are sailing next weekend if the weather holds. I love sailing in good weather! And yes, I've managed to make it to 10 lbs under my goal (which was kind of an arbitrary number) and am in P2. Yeah me!

schenectady - I think Deanna posted last week and she was busy, busy, busy as always but happy and looking gorgeous.

LuvA1exa
04-12-2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46075&stc=1&d=1397320390

Because I am at work and really need more coffee - a funny to wake me up!

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Oh, that's funny LuvA1exa!

Annik
04-12-2014, 01:16 PM

I found out this week that our local Community College takes in gently used work clothing to support people who are just graduating an starting work themselves. So happy I have found a destination for my office attire that no longer fits me...or should I say fits me like drapery!

Hiker88
04-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I find shopping exhausting too Ruth Ann. I have a conference this coming week and fly out tomorrow. I have no classic black slacks/pants that I can wear as business attire as well as a couple of events I need a new 'outfit' for. Shopping is on my agenda this afternoon but I really don't enjoy it, even since I lost weight... although its certainly not as painful since I divorced 'Penningtons' (Canadian plus size store)!

Have a great weekend everyone.

murphypuppy
04-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

AmberLS
04-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

Are you serious? I'd slap her in the face! I have a 15 year old daughter and we talk all the time about why I'm on this diet and the healthy choices I'm trying to make. My kids are learning to eat better, they don't always eat what I do, but when they do what they notice is that my healthy food tastes great and it's good to show them that healthy food is yummy too!

AmberLS
04-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Well was debating doing this 5k this morning, was waiting for my middle child to get out of bed, and she did so I gotta say I'm pretty proud, I walked a 5k in an hour in support of sexual assault awareness! My little kids walked it with me, goal for next year, JOG IT!!!

ReenHag
04-12-2014, 02:50 PM
ReenHag - Enjoy your dressed! The clothes are really cute this spring! Shopping is exhausting though - have to try everything on! No more - oh, this will look good (or at least not horrible) and go. Still figuring out what styles look good on me. Someone gave me a pair of Rockstar jeans from Old Navy and I quickly learned that "low rise" is not a good look for me, although I do like the skinny style.

I am still looking for some jeans that suit my new body. I agree, though- now I have to try EVERYTHING on. At least it is fun! I love trying styles I never would have worn before and seeing that they actually look good. Hubby, DD, or a GF goes along to be a second set of eyes.

ReenHag
04-12-2014, 02:53 PM
I found out this week that our local Community College takes in gently used work clothing to support people who are just graduating an starting work themselves. So happy I have found a destination for my office attire that no longer fits me...or should I say fits me like drapery!

Awesome! What a great way to give back to the community.

I find shopping exhausting too Ruth Ann. I have a conference this coming week and fly out tomorrow. I have no classic black slacks/pants that I can wear as business attire as well as a couple of events I need a new 'outfit' for. Shopping is on my agenda this afternoon but I really don't enjoy it, even since I lost weight... although its certainly not as painful since I divorced 'Penningtons' (Canadian plus size store)!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good luck shopping. I hope you find something quickly so your trip is not too painful. Safe travels!

Some people! SMH Sorry you and your niece had to go through that. Definitely have a chat with her about your decisions and this woman's opinion (that is all it is, and an uninformed one, at that). You are being a great example! I think i may have had to give her a piece of my mind...at least, it would have been tempting...

Well was debating doing this 5k this morning, was waiting for my middle child to get out of bed, and she did so I gotta say I'm pretty proud, I walked a 5k in an hour in support of sexual assault awareness! My little kids walked it with me, goal for next year, JOG IT!!!

Great goal! Congrats on your accomplishment this morning!

catlady1981
04-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Happy Weekend everybody!

Another 1 lb loss this week at WI #7. Long talk w/my coach to see if there is anything that I am doing that could be hindering my losses on the scale. Other than the HRT water retention there doesn't seem to be anything. My body fat % went down 1.00 point with a minimal loss of lean mass so the concensus was the entire lb lost was all fat. In addition,losses of at least an inch or more on arms, hips and thighs. So, I'll take it. I had to retire my first pair of jeans because they were too big. So even though the numbers are not showing up on the scale like I would like them to, things are changing. And that is a good thing. :carrot:

catlady1981
04-12-2014, 03:14 PM
A few minor things...first. has anyone heard from Deana lately? I have been on and off due to the move and may have missed it. I know she was doing incredibly well at college both with her weight loss and studies but I have not seen her for a while.

Second, for those who are in the great position of needing new clothes, this morning's paper said that Coldwater Creek was bankrupt and would be having a big going out of business sale around Mother's Day. For those of the age and work/play situation where their style of clothes would work, keep an eye out.

OH NO!!! Coldwater Creek is one of my favorite places. :( I have a $15 coupon that I have been hanging on to. I guess I better go use it this weekend. I really wanted to wait until I was "really" in a 14 before I bought anything new. Still wearing 16 & some 16W's.

wildirishrose
04-12-2014, 04:16 PM
OH NO!!! Coldwater Creek is one of my favorite places. :( I have a $15 coupon that I have been hanging on to. I guess I better go use it this weekend. I really wanted to wait until I was "really" in a 14 before I bought anything new. Still wearing 16 & some 16W's.

Buy the 14s anyways! You know that's the direction you're headed!!

Jenny38
04-12-2014, 04:18 PM

I'm not sure if this worked or even if my head made it in. Sorry if it didn't turn out, I will try again. I'm not very computer literate. It is supposed to be pic of my new dress

Jenny38
04-12-2014, 04:22 PM

Here is the other dress I got. Now I will try to put my face in my profile.

wildirishrose
04-12-2014, 04:53 PM

Here is the other dress I got. Now I will try to put my face in my profile.

You are gorgeous! This is my favorite :) congrats :)

Firebug470
04-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

Okay, first take a deep breath!

In your first week or so you can have an extra unrestricted packet to help you out while your body adjusts - use it if you need to.

And the cravings do go away - your body adjusts to ketosis and helps you out with that. It takes time.

In the meantime, the extra packet, hot decaf tea, more water, distracting yourself (take a hot bath, go for a walk, do a puzzle) can be really helpful. If all else fails, go to bed early. I did that a lot the first week or so.

Hang in there - it's not easy but it is so worth it.

brelo
04-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Firebug do not give up!! If you are in ketosis you are in the beginnings of fat burning. Remember the hard work it took to get to this point and from here on out it will only get better. I remember dealing with cravings for a few weeks, but it did lessen and get easier. The numbers I saw on the scale in the initial stages kept me going in those first few weeks as I saw huge weekly losses. So don't turn back now. You are on your way.

calypso58
04-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Great NSV day today! I took one of my dogs to the dog show, and for the first time in years I actually showed a dog myself. My ankles didn't swell and I didn't feel like a cow running around the ring.

brelo
04-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I have a NSV too: I noticed the other day that while I am driving my car, I am no longer strangled by the seatbelt traversing across my neck!!! It is now in it's proper place midway across my chest, right where it is supposed to be. Thank you IP!

calypso58
04-12-2014, 06:57 PM
I have a NSV too: I noticed the other day that while I am driving my car, I am no longer strangled by the seatbelt traversing across my neck!!! It is now in it's proper place midway across my chest, right where it is supposed to be. Thank you IP!

Wow Brelo... never thought of that one! That's a great NSV!

lisa32989
04-12-2014, 07:00 PM

The first days are hard. Literally, we're detoxing from the food AND the over-eating behavior. Two different things and both are hard. Now, I'm gonna tell you to find something to do to distract yourself. When we get super involved in something, we can forget to eat. It can help you get over the hump. Don't forget those extra packets during week one. They can be lifesavers!

And I hope Ketosis is what you're striving for. Ketoacidosis is harmful. The two are different.

AlaskaLadyie
04-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Thank you, you're too sweet! Yes this picture was from my cousin's wedding 2 weeks ago...we had such a fun night.

It's amazing how much the weather will affect my mood. I feel so much happier and full of life with this sunshine and mild temperatures. Seeing buds come up in our garden and buying tulips for around the house is such a mood lifter!

And thanks for asking about the pup, he is doing great! It's been a little tricky with going back to work and trying to find family members/friends to stop by and let him out and walk him (he's too small for puppy daycare since he's not completely vaccinated). He has him moments (sharp teeth, ouch!) but overall he's such a sweet little guy and life is a lot more interesting with him around :D
That is SO cute about the kitten (now cat) and your dog...I love when dogs and cats are best buds!!!

Oh my gosh what a cute puppy ..priceless

AlaskaLadyie
04-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Hang in there I found the extra packet very helpful and I sometimes like a large portion of what ever it is so I take the pudding or yogurt mixes and add the water and lotsa ice to my blender and eat it with a spoon... lasts longer and is sorta like a thick smoothy or diet ice cream... Saves me in the evening..

Jenny38
04-12-2014, 08:44 PM
You are gorgeous! This is my favorite :) congrats :)

Thanks wildirishrose.

Firebug, you can do it! In the beginning I just thought about one day at a time, sometimes just one IP meal at a time. It get's easier and after your first weigh in and you see that you have lost a few pounds you will want to keep going.

Great NSV day today! I took one of my dogs to the dog show, and for the first time in years I actually showed a dog myself. My ankles didn't swell and I didn't feel like a cow running around the ring.

Way to go:carrot:

I never thought of that. Good for you:)

AmberLS
04-12-2014, 08:52 PM
NSV today! So the 5k I did went right by my brother and sister in laws house and they were outside in the yard (I think waiting for me to pass by lol) anyway as I passed my brother told me I need to get new clothes, mine looked way too baggy. My sister in law said "ya I could see from like a block away that your clothes are getting way to big.

Firebug470
04-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Decided to take a bike ride and that really helped but did not realize how tired I would with the reduced calories. And that was my mistake it is ketosis, not ketoacidosis, so used to ketoacidosis from work. I have been really not wanting to depend on the extra packet because I don't think it lasts past the first week. I have read that the 3-5 days can be the worst for cravings so I expected it a bit but man they are nasty. This change in my eating has been teaching me portion control and how to spice something up without loading it with sugar,fat and carbs.

AmberLS
04-12-2014, 09:08 PM
I asked on another thread but I have a question about chicken. I know we can't eat the skin but I've seen some discussions about rotisserie chickens from the store. So my question is can I cook my chicken with the skin on then peel it off when I eat? I usually buy boneless skinless breasts but I love to throw a whole chicken in the crock pot, so I've been cutting all the skin off which is a major pain in the a$$ lol.

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Decided to take a bike ride and that really helped but did not realize how tired I would with the reduced calories. And that was my mistake it is ketosis, not ketoacidosis, so used to ketoacidosis from work. I have been really not wanting to depend on the extra packet because I don't think it lasts past the first week. I have read that the 3-5 days can be the worst for cravings so I expected it a bit but man they are nasty. This change in my eating has been teaching me portion control and how to spice something up without loading it with sugar,fat and carbs.

Yeah for you Firebug! And don't be afraid of the extra packet if you need it or you could do a couple of egg whites and, of course, all the lettuce you want.

Check out the recipe threads (see the first post in today's chat) - lots and lots of ways to spice things up and still stay OP!

dcs0826
04-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Had a few NSVs today/tonight. Went shopping today and felt good in what I was trying on..still not the size I want to be, but knowing that I am doing something to change that gave me a ton more confidence in the dressing room. I was able to find a nice dress for a friend's wedding in May. Also had dinner with a friend tonight and it was my first time eating out while on IP. It was super easy, had an 8 oz sirloin and 2 servings of broccoli, asked for everything to be cooked dry with no oil or butter. I was super nervous about eating out, but it worked out very well. My friend also noticed that I have lost weight (only 7 on IP, but 15 total, so not too much)..I think it was just the clothes, but the compliment felt nice! Anyways, I hope everyone else is having the beautiful weather that we are having in MD this weekend. Happy Saturday all!

IP43
04-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I asked on another thread but I have a question about chicken. I know we can't eat the skin but I've seen some discussions about rotisserie chickens from the store. So my question is can I cook my chicken with the skin on then peel it off when I eat? I usually buy boneless skinless breasts but I love to throw a whole chicken in the crock pot, so I've been cutting all the skin off which is a major pain in the a$$ lol.

Hi Amber. I think I remember someone explaining that a roast chicken retains a lot of the fat into the meat with the way it is cooked, even if you remove the skin. However, personally, I buy the rotisserie chickens from time to time. There is the 'ideal' and there is reality. I think a crock pot chicken would be fine. Do you add liquid to the crock pot? Probably a lot of the fat would be in the liquid that you drain. I took a cooking course once and the lady was teaching a chinese dish. We rubbed a whole raw chicken inside and out with salt then boiled it for a while to cook. The salt ended up in the water but the graininess tenderized the chicken. It was easy to skin after and the meat that we took off was super tender. We used that meat to make some stir fried dishes, so it didn't matter that it didn't have a golden brown roasted look.

Hiker88
04-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Well I had a productive day.... I got a lot done around the house and then went shopping... Even though I don't love shopping, its still wonderful to walk into the normal size stores! I got a few things but just bought what I really needed as I hope to be going down a size soon! When that was done I took the dog for a nice walk in the sun where I ran into friends and we had a visit while we got our exercise... all in all a good day!

dlr9774
04-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?

Fearciuil
04-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Ugh. I feel exhausted today--exhausted, and crabby, and TOM-y, and I still have laryngitis (which I've decided must be viral, as one of my colleagues has the exact same thing, but it leads back to exhausted: I taught all week without being able to talk or sing.) I haven't even really been hungry today. So I treated myself to these:

Fearciuil
04-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Oh! I had a NSV Tuesday morning, with my 3rd-5th grade choir:
One of their songs has a rather long phrase with nowhere to take a breath. I made it to the end of the phrase without having to take a breath for the first time on Tuesday. I've got my breath control back, and it's because of the weight I've lost! :cool:

canadjineh
04-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Ugh. I feel exhausted today--exhausted, and crabby, and TOM-y, and I still have laryngitis (which I've decided must be viral, as one of my colleagues has the exact same thing, but it leads back to exhausted: I taught all week without being able to talk or sing.) I haven't even really been hungry today. So I treated myself to these:

Perfect non-food treats, way to go!! Also an inexpensive treat is a new lipstick colour or a new nail polish or a download of a new song or album (for your exercise workout/walk or your downtime relaxation. New candle for your bubble bath in the evening, etc. LOL.
:D

sarahBell
04-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Hello Ladies and Gents (for those who tippy toe in here)

Back in Feb. I sold a Herstyler Hair Straightener (bought it from Ulta and used it 2 times last summer). Sold it on ebay in feb this year. I put in no refunds.

I got an email from the buyer this AM that it got too hot- ruined her counter (IT Has multiple heat settings on it) she now wants a flipping full or partial refund. I think it's beyond my responsibility 2.5 months AFTER she got it. I should ask if she registered it with the warranty card and contacted the company about it ( it could be a issue with the iron itself)

What do you think?

lisa32989
04-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Make yourself some chicken/veggie soup. I split portions and had half for lunch and half with dinner. There is something soothing about chicken soup. I had laryngitis for a few days. Sorry it's vpcarrying on this long!

Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?
I replied in the alts thread where you also posted. At more than 30% fat, is choose a different product

Throw your frozen chicken in & discard skin later, along with fat drippings. Our plan is low-fat but not fat-free. This is a quick, easy way for a single mom to prepare food. Go for it!

I save bones to make chicken bone broth. It is super good for you and contains collagen. Look it up! Anytime I need broth, I use my homemade bone broth.

Jenny38
04-13-2014, 09:31 AM
NSV today! So the 5k I did went right by my brother and sister in laws house and they were outside in the yard (I think waiting for me to pass by lol) anyway as I passed my brother told me I need to get new clothes, mine looked way too baggy. My sister in law said "ya I could see from like a block away that your clothes are getting way to big.

Way to go Amber, huge NSV!

Had a few NSVs today/tonight. Went shopping today and felt good in what I was trying on..still not the size I want to be, but knowing that I am doing something to change that gave me a ton more confidence in the dressing room. I was able to find a nice dress for a friend's wedding in May. Also had dinner with a friend tonight and it was my first time eating out while on IP.!

Sounds like a great day dcs, congratulations on your lose and finding a dress. Most importantly feeling more confident:carrot:

Oh! I had a NSV Tuesday morning, with my 3rd-5th grade choir:
One of their songs has a rather long phrase with nowhere to take a breath. I made it to the end of the phrase without having to take a breath for the first time on Tuesday. I've got my breath control back, and it's because of the weight I've lost! :cool:

Way to go!

Sarah bell, personally I dint think it is your responsibility the girl left the flat iron while it was on, on her counter. Clearly her mistake and I would not engage in a conversation with her about it. I'm sure it is stressful to hear about it.

Enjoying a quiet day here, it feels so much warmer out -high is 21, but I heard it was going down to 4 on Wednesday. Feels like winter is never ending.

drd1961
04-13-2014, 10:48 AM

That extra packet is there to help you when you really need it so I would not be worried about using it. I found at the beginning I used it sometimes and not others and it really helped with staying with the diet at times.

sarahBell
04-13-2014, 11:06 AM
sarahBell - As a former seller on Ebay, I think for the most part the seller is at a huge disadvantage these days. The buyer can leave negative feedback, you cannot. You can defend yourself in a comment reply to negative feedback but that is about it. Ebay is very supportive of the buyer.

The thing that may be in your favor is the amount of time that has passed. If you have time, check and see how long the buyer has to leave feedback - it might not be possible after that long?

If they can, you just need to decide if it is worth the hassle. In the 13 years I was on ebay, I always refunded even when I thought it was totally unjustified. I did have someone post negative two months after receiving her Coach bag because it was used too much (as described in the listing!)

You do not need the stress. You have a lot on your plate (sorry, bad pun!) Just bite your tongue, think about just refunding part of the price and take a long walk and forget it. Your peace of mind is more important.

Thanks for the advice. Here is what I think could have happened:

1. Maybe she left it plugged in and went out and came back to a potential disaster (I got the email at 3:30 this AM!!! and in all caps)

2. Power Surge?

3. She left feed back already and it was positive

I will contact ebay today when I get a chance, we have an open house today so I have a lot to get done before we leave.

But I think that almost 3 months later I have zero liability on this issue, it seems to be user error.

I have bought and sold stuff on ebay for years, I have zero negatives on my profile. In fact I bought an item a few weeks ago, paid and received the item. I got an email from someone who received $ from me but was not the seller. She refunded the $$ to me I contacted the seller and told him that his email on his profile went to someone else- in short I made sure he got his $$$. I could have let him hash it out with paypal but took the first step to correct the issue :)

AmberLS
04-13-2014, 11:30 AM
The only side affect of this diet that irritates me is roaring it's ugly head again.... I will be happy when I don't sporadically start bleeding. I know it's the hormones from the fat but seriously it hasn't even been two weeks since the last time. I'm literally having TOM every two weeks, it's a week long, so I only get a week off of bleeding before I start again. It's a torn feeling, being happy that I am definitely in ketosis (not that I doubt it since I'm 100% op) but I keep thinking how many more hormones can I possibly have in there!!!! BUAHAHAHA

pishposhappelsauce
04-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I had my first experience dining out last night OP. And...it definitely could have gone better. I called ahead and said I had a lot of dietary restrictions and I wanted to place my order ahead of time not to make a fuss in front of my large party of people I mostly didn't know (friend's birthday, 17 people). They said, oh we deal with food allergies all the time, just tell your server when you get there.

So I get there and I tell the server that I can't eat dairy, so no butter, or grains or bread of any kind and need my food cooked very lightly in olive oil.

This place had a very vague menu so there was no telling how anything was prepared and wasn't exhaustive in what each dish included. I ordered a veggie appetizer for example and the item on the menu said "Garden nibble - kale, squash, mushrooms. It came out with one piece of kale and one mushroom and then a bunch of things I couldn't eat like carrots, potatoes, peas, etc. I accidentally ate a parsnip because I didn't recognize it. One little piece of parsnip shouldn't kill me but I was bummed out.

Then I got my entree. The menu said the dish included rhubarb, but the rhubarb was slightly pureed and definitely had added sugar, so didn't eat it. The meat, a pork chop, was also dripping in olive oil. I tried to discretely soak it off in my napkin, but I definitely think I was way over my fat for the day. It was also a very fatty cut. A quarter of it was still raw, like still kind of that gelatinous look that raw meat has. So I sent it back, and I'm pretty sure they recooked the remaining portion in butter because the taste was distinctly different. I only took a bite or two of what was left and gave up.

My stomach was very upset and grumbly afterward and I felt really bloated, so it was not agreeing with me. Very frustrating when you try hard to stay OP and it doesn't work out. Also, still within my first week so not something I want to start out with. :(

It's been beautiful here so I've been working in the garden a lot and doing a lot of lifting and squating dragging dirt and mulch around and planting. Also drank a ton of water so I'm hoping that will offset things a bit. I can't change anything so I just have to tell myself to move forward and stick to my plan. :)

drd1961
04-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I had my first experience dining out last night OP. And...it definitely could have gone better. I called ahead and said I had a lot of dietary restrictions and I wanted to place my order ahead of time not to make a fuss in front of my large party of people I mostly didn't know (friend's birthday, 17 people). They said, oh we deal with food allergies all the time, just tell your server when you get there.

So I get there and I tell the server that I can't eat dairy, so no butter, or grains or bread of any kind and need my food cooked very lightly in olive oil.

This place had a very vague menu so there was no telling how anything was prepared and wasn't exhaustive in what each dish included. I ordered a veggie appetizer for example and the item on the menu said "Garden nibble - kale, squash, mushrooms. It came out with one piece of kale and one mushroom and then a bunch of things I couldn't eat like carrots, potatoes, peas, etc. I accidentally ate a parsnip because I didn't recognize it. One little piece of parsnip shouldn't kill me but I was bummed out.

Then I got my entree. The menu said the dish included rhubarb, but the rhubarb was slightly pureed and definitely had added sugar, so didn't eat it. The meat, a pork chop, was also dripping in olive oil. I tried to discretely soak it off in my napkin, but I definitely think I was way over my fat for the day. It was also a very fatty cut. A quarter of it was still raw, like still kind of that gelatinous look that raw meat has. So I sent it back, and I'm pretty sure they recooked the remaining portion in butter because the taste was distinctly different. I only took a bite or two of what was left and gave up.

My stomach was very upset and grumbly afterward and I felt really bloated, so it was not agreeing with me. Very frustrating when you try hard to stay OP and it doesn't work out. Also, still within my first week so not something I want to start out with. :(

It's been beautiful here so I've been working in the garden a lot and doing a lot of lifting and squating dragging dirt and mulch around and planting. Also drank a ton of water so I'm hoping that will offset things a bit. I can't change anything so I just have to tell myself to move forward and stick to my plan. :)

You did the best that you could do with a less than ideal situation. Now is the time to just move on. Shrug this off, don't dwell on it and simply do the program. You will be fine.

catlady1981
04-13-2014, 12:15 PM
drd: Love your new haircut and picture. You look amazing!

Yayalaine
04-13-2014, 12:34 PM

I have had bad experiences with restaurants, too. I specify what I need and the waiter/waitress says, "Sure, no problem" or "Uhh, there will be extra charge, but I'm sure we can do it." Then, the food comes out and is very often NOT the way I requested... I ate at two independently owned local restaurants this week and they both acted like it was a big hassle and then still got it wrong.

I have had the BEST luck with Longhorn Steakhouse and Logan's Roadhouse even though they are both chains. So, those are going to become my favorite places from now on...

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 12:36 PM
pishposhappelsauce - be sure to get extra water today. I'll bet they just loaded all that with sodium.

Good for you for making the best of a bad situation - you should be proud!

sunflwr816
04-13-2014, 01:51 PM
pishposhappelsauce - Sounds like you made the best out of a crappy situation! Drink lots of water today just to be on the safe side. I've run into the same situation a few times myself, just keep trucking along!!

Thanks to all who commented on my profile pic and puppy! I can't thank you all enough for the support and motivation to stay OP every day!

drd1961
04-13-2014, 02:21 PM
drd: Love your new haircut and picture. You look amazing!

Thanks!

dlr9774
04-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Let's take time to think of the benefits of IP: Greater energy, weight loss, less/too no cravings (you do get there) and better self esteem. Keep with it

cschmandt
04-13-2014, 06:17 PM
I hope that everyone]had a great weekend!!! Monday is rounding the corner. Ugh!!

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/fireworks01/lb/198/130/181/.png [/url

Annik
04-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Let's take time to think of the benefits of IP: Greater energy, weight loss, less/too no cravings (you do get there) and better self esteem. Keep with it

:cp:

Mulse
04-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Can someone give me advice? I want to make a tuna salad for dinner. My can of tuna weighs 110g when drained and has 120 calories and 26g of protein, 0 carbs. Do I need to eat 2 cans to get the 8oz of fish that is recommended as my protein for the day? Or is the one can sufficient?

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Can someone give me advice? I want to make a tuna salad for dinner. My can of tuna weighs 110g when drained and has 120 calories and 26g of protein, 0 carbs. Do I need to eat 2 cans to get the 8oz of fish that is recommended as my protein for the day? Or is the one can sufficient?

That's only 3.8 oz of meat Mulse - I think you need another can. Or you could chop up a couple of hard boiled eggs in it.

dlr9774
04-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Good morning,

Lisa, I hope you recover quickly from your cold, getting sneezed on is not fun. There seems to be a lot of Spring colds going around.

Ruth Ann, your weekend sounds lovely, enjoy and have fun cleaning out the closets. I'm finding my closets getting more and more empty as I have good willed or gave all my old clothes to a friend. It feels great yo say goodbye.

Sunflwr816- your little puppy is too cute and seems to have grown a bit already. Your profile picture is stunning. How do you pits a picture of the puppy?

Jenny38- love Marshals and what a great feeling, size 14! Enjoyed your post and picture.

dlr9774
04-13-2014, 07:00 PM

SUNFLOWER - like the picture of you - you look great, and your pup on the "boardwalk" is so cute! Thanks for sharing!:hug:

Mulse
04-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Good call on the eggs, Ruth Ann. I feel perfectly satiated.

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Good call on the eggs, Ruth Ann. I feel perfectly satiated.

That's great Mulse! 8 oz of canned tuna is A LOT of tuna to try to eat in one sitting!

Bellamack
04-13-2014, 08:07 PM
lol. I don't think I could eat 8 oz of tuna in one sitting. The egg is a Great idea :)

pishposhappelsauce
04-13-2014, 08:07 PM
drd1961, Yayalaine, Ruth Ann, sunflwr816 Thank you all for the encouraging words! Had a much better day today and drank a ton of water (and still more to go!). I don't know what I'd do without this board. :)

drd1961
04-13-2014, 08:41 PM
drd1961, Yayalaine, Ruth Ann, sunflwr816 Thank you all for the encouraging words! Had a much better day today and drank a ton of water (and still more to go!). I don't know what I'd do without this board. :)

Your welcome! Always remember this is a continuing journey and you will do fine!

lisa32989
04-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Me neither. I know I'd have never stuck to plan as long...

drd1961
04-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Our fun weekend is drawing to an end. My daughter's play was very nice. She had let me read her script in December but she made some changes to it since then. Her Dad has not read her works lately and I do not think he realized how good her writing has gotten until today. He had tears in his eyes at the end. So sweet.

Anyway, have eaten too much and will be P1 for a couple of days to flush all of this out. We did a lot of walking and I worked out in the fitness center this morning and will again tomorrow morning before we hit the road for the long drive home. Always sad leaving the daughter but she will be visiting in May before she starts summer internships.

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Glad you had a better day! And I have to tell you I giggle every time I see your user name - that was one of my grandmother's favorite sayings!

Our fun weekend is drawing to an end. My daughter's play was very nice. She had let me read her script in December but she made some changes to it since then. Her Dad has not read her works lately and I do not think he realized how good her writing has gotten until today. He had tears in his eyes at the end. So sweet.

Anyway, have eaten too much and will be P1 for a couple of days to flush all of this out. We did a lot of walking and I worked out in the fitness center this morning and will again tomorrow morning before we hit the road for the long drive home. Always sad leaving the daughter but she will be visiting in May before she starts summer internships.

Glad you had a good time drd! And so glad your daughter is doing well - must make you very, very proud!

Yayalaine
04-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Just made it through my 7th weekend without cheating!! Weekends have always been the hardest for me. I have been to two wedding showers, two family birthday dinners, and a few casual get-togethers with friends. And, I have stayed OP!

My husband and family are so shocked, but proud. They keep saying, "You STILL haven't cheated?" Haha! I'm pretty amazed myself.

But, I realize that it's one day at a time. And, like someone wrote somewhere earlier today, sometimes it's one hour at a time.

When I do feel tempted, I often go on the boards and read... it shows me that it's possible to stick with it and that there are a lot of success stories out there.... and I believe that I will be one, too, one day!

stephascope
04-13-2014, 10:15 PM
NSV today. The girl guides were selling cookies at the exit of the grocery store. When asked if I would like to buy some I said with a smile "No thanks girls, I'm on a diet!". Even though I'm in maintenance now I know if I bought those cookies that I would devour the whole box over the next couple days. I like to support the kids but not with buying garbage food anymore!

AmberLS
04-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Well I think I'm dumping my birth control pills. I have my tubes tied and I only use them to control my hormones and keep me from heavy TOM, but since IP has it's own ideas about my cycle I might as well chuck the added chemicals in pills, plus the 5lbs I carry by taking them. Now if I could just trust the warning signs of TOM, I thought to myself a few days ago.. "man I'm hungry it's like I'm going to start my period again, but that can't be cause I just finished" HA HA HA

Slipfree
04-13-2014, 11:45 PM
NSV today. The girl guides were selling cookies at the exit of the grocery store. When asked if I would like to buy some I said with a smile "No thanks girls, I'm on a diet!". Even though I'm in maintenance now I know if I bought those cookies that I would devour the whole box over the next couple days. I like to support the kids but not with buying garbage food anymore!

Steph- that is great! I feel the same way about certain foods in the house. IP has changed how I view food completely. Today at a family party, I said, it is not that I can't have the desserts- I choose not to have it. Then everyone "got" it.

Kawaii1002
04-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Steph- that is great! I feel the same way about certain foods in the house. IP has changed how I view food completely. Today at a family party, I said, it is not that I can't have the desserts- I choose not to have it. Then everyone "got" it.

Recently I had the realization that there are some foods I will never buy again. For lack of a better way to put it, they are *my* trigger foods. If I were to eat them, to me, it's the point of no return. I cannot manage to control myself when I eat that food. As most of you all know, when I was at my highest weight, I was over 600lbs. You don't get to 600+lbs without having a skewed relationship with food. My comfort food was ice cream. Specifically, Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. It was not uncommon for me to polish off 4 pints of this gooey mess in a week.. It was a combination of liking the taste of it (mostly NOT this though), and my emotional state that was completely out of control. So as much as I love you, Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, you'll never been hitching a ride in my grocery cart again. I have too much love for myself to give in to that can of worms..