Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 4/11/2014

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 4/11/2014

lisa32989
04-11-2014, 06:05 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Ruth Ann
04-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Good morning! You're up early Lisa.

lisa32989
04-11-2014, 06:12 AM
This is the time I decided to stay awake:p

Ruth Ann
04-11-2014, 06:20 AM
I hear you there. I'm just deciding whether I can fool myself into going back to sleep for an hour or if I should just go ahead and turn the coffee on. But I suspect I'm up for the day.

sunflwr816
04-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Morning! TGIF!

calypso58
04-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Happy Friday IPeeps!:spin:

cschmandt
04-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Good Morning All!!

It's Friday!! TGIF!!

bluegingham
04-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Happy Friday to all!
Weigh-in today! Last week was huge, so I'm expecting a smaller one today. Any loss is a good loss!

JLUS
04-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Yesterday there were several posts recommending Wendy's chili... In checking the ingredients, it lists beans, soybean oil, corn syrup and sugar among its ingredients. The 12oz serving size has 310 calories and 31 carbs (with 10 fiber).

I think it was being recommended as a meat meal replacement, but on carbs alone I would choose to pass in P1.

Just wanted people to know the nutrition info when deciding on a quick meal!

drd1961
04-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Yeah for Friday! Who needs an alarm clock? I certainly don't. Traveling this weekend and short week next week because we got Good Friday off which is new this year for our company!

Weigh in this morning.

ColoradoCarol
04-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Yesterday there were several posts recommending Wendy's chili... In checking the ingredients, it lists beans, soybean oil, corn syrup and sugar among its ingredients. The 12oz serving size has 310 calories and 31 carbs (with 10 fiber).

I think it was being recommended as a meat meal replacement, but on carbs alone I would choose to pass in P1.

JLUS - I didn't see that discussion yesterday, but I totally agree with you. Beans/Legumes (with the exception of green/wax which are restricted veggies) are not on the P1 sheet and therefore not a P1 food.

If people are looking for a quick meal at a fast food - my suggestion would be a grilled chicken sandwich (and eat the meat only) or a salad.

Happy Friday all.

drd1961
04-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Panera's Mediterranean Chicken Salad from the power menu is very close to plan. They put tomatoes on it, so you would have to ask for that off but the carb count is very low, something like 8.

jenerik
04-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Please excuse me if this thread was not intended for my question.
I've seen a lot of posts comparing ingredients of non-IP shakes to IP shakes, but I can't seem to find any posts that compare the taste. I love the chocolate powder IP shakes, and I've been testing all kinds of commercial versions (GNC, whey, soy, you name it), but I can't find one that tastes as good as IP. I want to continue mixing the powder with water, and something about the IP shakes allowed the shake to thicken up, and that's been hard to find. Plus, as I said, the taste of them just don't compare. Any tried and true recommendations?

65X65
04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
I've seen a lot of posts comparing ingredients of non-IP shakes to IP shakes, but I can't seem to find any posts that compare the taste. I love the chocolate powder IP shakes, and I've been testing all kinds of commercial versions (GNC, whey, soy, you name it), but I can't find one that tastes as good as IP. I want to continue mixing the powder with water, and something about the IP shakes allowed the shake to thicken up, and that's been hard to find. Plus, as I said, the taste of them just don't compare. Any tried and true recommendations?
Unfortunately...taste is VERY individual...so any answers you get may not really be helpful! The only real answer is very often your tastes change after being on this diet for a while...so down the road it is worthwhile to try something you thought was so-so again. Your oppinion may change! And you also get tired of things...even the IP items you like a little more in the beginning...can get old.

Lulu64
04-11-2014, 09:31 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower05/lb/202/130/138/.png

drd1961
04-11-2014, 09:34 AM
A good weigh in. I am trying to control my carbs and lose a little more weight before surgery. I do some P4 days, mostly P3, and some P2 and it seems to be working.

ems70508
04-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Wish there was a Panera in Lafayette! We are getting a Whole Foods this summer so I think a lot of chain places will follow. You know how they all move to a new town together and such...

SophieLT
04-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Speaking of taste, has anyone had the problem of their taste buds not working well. I feel like since I started IP I don't taste things very well. Can taste the first two bites but not much after that. Would love lots of comments so I can figure out what to do. Thanks!

drd1961
04-11-2014, 09:40 AM
I heavily use Panera's nutrition site because some of the things you think would be "healthy" are surprisingly high in carbs, fat and calories and not so great on protein. Their power menu which is not on there regular signs, you have to see it on-line is a bit better, but even some of that does not fit well with IP. Still, it is better than a burger and fries.

kaylynt
04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
I have to mention how much BETTER I am sleeping! I've been going to bed at 10-11pm and practially jumping out of bed at 630, feeling RESTED! No more tossing and turning, waking up 2-3 times a night. Not feeling tired all day and not wanting to take a nap at around 3. I feel like a little girl again, wanting to go outside and play...might have something to do with the weather warming up too.

Didn't have my restricted yeasterday and didn't really notice. So I'm just gonna stick with them once a day. I enjoy them.

tbc85
04-11-2014, 10:04 AM
EMS: we are getting a Panera Bread!! The CiCis pizza on Johnston will be closing and Panera Bread is moving in, but not until January 2015 :(

Had a great weigh-in this week -5.5lbs :) and I have accepted a new job! Very exciting week and TGIF

Tisado
04-11-2014, 10:13 AM
I hear you there. I'm just deciding whether I can fool myself into going back to sleep for an hour or if I should just go ahead and turn the coffee on. But I suspect I'm up for the day.

In 749 days :carrot: I can retire will full Social Security. Can you tell that I'm counting the days?

The first thing I am going to do is take the alarm clock off my bedside table. I hate waking up in the dark at 4:35 in the morning when the alarm says I have to wake up. I want to wake up when I want to wake up. Having the sun wake me up would be ideal. Having the cats wake me up would be ok.

Yes, I am whining...

ems70508
04-11-2014, 10:16 AM
EMS: we are getting a Panera Bread!! The CiCis pizza on Johnston will be closing and Panera Bread is moving in, but not until January 2015 :(

SWEET! That's in my neck of the woods, too!

SylviesGirl
04-11-2014, 10:25 AM

I'm glad you said this. I saw that yesterday and thought that I must have missed a new, revised P1 protocol or something. I was waiting until I had time today to review the latest sheets. The sour cream really threw me.

Imo, not that anyone asked me, you really need to try to work through these situations while staying true to P1. Life is hectic. That's not going to change any time soon, and it certainly isn't going to change once you get to maintenance, so figure it out now . . . or you may never figure it out, know what I mean? Sometimes "figuring it out" means having to eat something that is not appealing to you or something you are not "feeling" like. Food = fuel and nothing more for me most of the time. Food as pleasure is something special and not necessarily realized at every meal.

My go-to, on-the-run remedy is at Sheetz. I can almost always find a Pure Protein peanut butter bar and some celery sticks. A cup of coffee with an ounce of skim milk and Splenda, too. That is enough to get you through 1 meal OP. (P.S. The bar is restricted.) Is it what I am "feeling like" on such a hectic day? No. But, on the other hand, if the day is so hectic that I have to go to my emergency plan, then food is not the focus of my day anyway and I may as well stay OP. That's how I see it.

SylviesGirl
04-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Had a great weigh-in this week -5.5lbs :) and I have accepted a new job! Very exciting week and TGIF

Wow! :carrot: That IS a great weigh-in. Congrats!

65X65
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM
In 749 days :carrot: I can retire will full Social Security. Can you tell that I'm counting the days?

The first thing I am going to do is take the alarm clock off my bedside table. I hate waking up in the dark at 4:35 in the morning when the alarm says I have to wake up. I want to wake up when I want to wake up. Having the sun wake me up would be ideal. Having the cats wake me up would be ok.

Yes, I am whining...

...and you might find out after getting initially caught up on sleep and shaking the workday fatigue...you are still on or back on "XYZ" time...because when you retire...there is so much to do you don't want to waste a minute of your day sleeping! Retired 5 yrs now...from a big company and we retirees have a lunch get together every month at a local restaurant. And it is funny how often we laugh and say we "are still on "ABC" time... because we have a lot to do...every day". Difference is we love it and want to be busy with what we are busy with and most of us are on the go every minute of every day.

It's a wonderful thing...and really wonderful when you are healthy and have reached your goal!! (did stop wearing a watch though...but am one of those who never needed or set an alarm...but actually use one now when I have an early flight out of dodge...because I am on the way to someplace wonderful.)

Keep counting those days...and here is wishing you a happy and healthy retirement!:cheers:

jenerik
04-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks, 65x65, for your reply. I guess I was just looking for others' opinions if they found anything comparable to IP shakes. Even if I don't ultimately agree, I'd like to try a recommended product.

SylviesGirl
04-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks, 65x65, for your reply. I guess I was just looking for others' opinions if they found anything comparable to IP shakes. Even if I don't ultimately agree, I'd like to try a recommended product.

I'm afraid I can't help you. I have never had an IP shake. I can say that I enjoy the Syntrax Nectar Double Stuffed Cookie shake mix. I would mix it with less water than recommended to make it thicker, sometimes as thick as a pudding. I can't promise that you would like it, but I did. I ordered it at luckyvitamin.com

jenerik
04-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm afraid I can't help you. I have never had an IP shake. I can say that I enjoy the Syntrax Nectar Double Stuffed Cookie shake mix. I would mix it with less water than recommended to make it thicker, sometimes as thick as a pudding. I can't promise that you would like it, but I did. I ordered it at luckyvitamin.com
Yum! That sounds amazing, SylviesGirl. Thanks! Keep 'em coming.

pishposhappelsauce
04-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Day 5 today. This really has felt like the longest week ever. TGIF indeed.

MarylandMom
04-11-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm glad you said this. I saw that yesterday and thought that I must have missed a new, revised P1 protocol or something. I was waiting until I had time today to review the latest sheets. The sour cream really threw me.

Imo, not that anyone asked me, you really need to try to work through these situations while staying true to P1. Life is hectic. That's not going to change any time soon, and it certainly isn't going to change once you get to maintenance, so figure it out now . . . or you may never figure it out, know what I mean? Sometimes "figuring it out" means having to eat something that is not appealing to you or something you are not "feeling" like. Food = fuel and nothing more for me most of the time. Food as pleasure is something special and not necessarily realized at every meal.

My go-to, on-the-run remedy is at Sheetz. I can almost always find a Pure Protein peanut butter bar and some celery sticks. A cup of coffee with an ounce of skim milk and Splenda, too. That is enough to get you through 1 meal OP. (P.S. The bar is restricted.) Is it what I am "feeling like" on such a hectic day? No. But, on the other hand, if the day is so hectic that I have to go to my emergency plan, then food is not the focus of my day anyway and I may as well stay OP. That's how I see it.

Awesome advice! Thanks for this...I have some excessively busy weeks coming up and I will NOT use that as an excuse to go off plan. :)

canadjineh
04-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Day 5 today. This really has felt like the longest week ever. TGIF indeed.

Hang on, girl - better times to come! :flow2:

Re: Wendy's Chili, sorry gals if I misled - I was thinking more along the lines of maintenance - close to P3 or for use with Alternative IP Plan using 1 dairy/starch/fruit per day.
I don't want to throw any of you off track - apologies! :stress:

Liana

wildirishrose
04-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Urgh. So I'm sitting here eating my chocolate pudding for lunch and being crazily tempted by the leftover pizza in the fridge. As soon as dishes are done I a getting out of this house!

canadjineh
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Urgh. So I'm sitting here eating my chocolate pudding for lunch and being crazily tempted by the leftover pizza in the fridge. As soon as dishes are done I a getting out of this house!

You should google recipe for IP Broccoli Cheddar Soup bread (actually makes more of a chewy tortilla in a pie plate) and use it as a pizza base - a bit of lower carb pasta sauce & fresh tomato with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, fresh basil and whatever other veg you can pile on there - broil to get it all toasty hot and voila 'PIZZA!"

I will see if I can find the recipe again & will post a link if I do. Go for your long walk/run and get away from the fridge lol!
Good girl!

"A "super-stars" recipe for Broccoli-Cheese Bread. Enjoy! Mindy, I made this using 1 packet (Ideal Protein) broccoli cheese soup mix; two egg whites; 1 tsp olive oil; 1/4 tsp baking powder; oregano, basil, garlic powder, pinch of salt. Blend with a fork until fairly smooth. Bake in a pie pan sprayed with Pam in a 350 oven for 8 mins each side. Delicious." https://www.pinterest.com/ms_behavin/ideal-protein-friendly/

catlady1981
04-11-2014, 01:21 PM
You should google recipe for IP Broccoli Cheddar Soup bread (actually makes more of a chewy tortilla in a pie plate) and use it as a pizza base - a bit of lower carb pasta sauce & fresh tomato with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, fresh basil and whatever other veg you can pile on there - broil to get it all toasty hot and voila 'PIZZA!"

I will see if I can find the recipe again & will post a link if I do. Go for your long walk/run and get away from the fridge lol!
Good girl!

"A "super-stars" recipe for Broccoli-Cheese Bread. Enjoy! Mindy, I made this using 1 packet (Ideal Protein) broccoli cheese soup mix; two egg whites; 1 tsp olive oil; 1/4 tsp baking powder; oregano, basil, garlic powder, pinch of salt. Blend with a fork until fairly smooth. Bake in a pie pan sprayed with Pam in a 350 oven for 8 mins each side. Delicious." https://www.pinterest.com/ms_behavin/ideal-protein-friendly/

Wow! I'm going to try both of these!

dcs0826
04-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Happy Friday all. TOM is here for me...so that is no fun. Started the day after my weigh in this week so hopefully it will be gone by Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

murphypuppy
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM

Pizza is the devil himself... I have declared our home a pizza-free zone until I am off this diet and can have some... Evil, just evil. (But oh-so delicious evil)

catlady1981
04-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Canadajineh, Chipndip, and Jmlor1017: Thank you so much for the dressing ideas in yesterday's forum. I never even thought about adding the oil after. I'm going to give all of these a try. They sound delicious.

SylviesGirl
04-11-2014, 01:49 PM

I would put the pizza down the garbage disposal. I really would. I could not tolerate pizza around me for the first couple months of IP. :devil:

SylviesGirl
04-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Hang on, girl - better times to come! :flow2:

Re: Wendy's Chili, sorry gals if I misled - I was thinking more along the lines of maintenance - close to P3 or for use with Alternative IP Plan using 1 dairy/starch/fruit per day.
I don't want to throw any of you off track - apologies! :stress:

Liana

I didn't even remember who said that yesterday or I would have realized that you meant maintenance. That makes much more sense. :wave:

Wahoofan
04-11-2014, 01:53 PM

I bought a container of Whole Foods 365 Chocolate Whey Protein and thought it was very similar to the IP Chocolate Shake Packet in both taste and texture. I quickly switched to the ready made from Nashua Nutrition though and never bought more shake packets from IP, so my comparison is somewhat limited.

jenerik
04-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Thank you!

jenerik
04-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Checking out Nashua Nutrition website, I notice there are several brands of shakes. What's your favorite and why?

hope2781
04-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I thought I was the only one fighting off temptations. I feel like I have been cursed from the day I started the IP diet.
Last weekend I was on my day 3 and I had to cook for 10 guests, this week I had to go to team lunches where one day was Indian food and the second day chinese.

But I didn't cheat and the reward is sweet. Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

BTW, does your coaches take out 1 or 2 pounds for clothes from the total weight lost?

pegeye
04-11-2014, 02:37 PM
I thought I was the only one fighting off temptations. I feel like I have been cursed from the day I started the IP diet.
Last weekend I was on my day 3 and I had to cook for 10 guests, this week I had to go to team lunches where one day was Indian food and the second day chinese.

But I didn't cheat and the reward is sweet. Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

BTW, does your coaches take out 1 or 2 pounds for clothes from the total weight lost?

no. mine just recommends i try wearing something close to the same thing when i go.

JLUS
04-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Nope, mine didn't either. I just tried to wear the same/similar things and take off my shoes and empty my pockets!

smallerin2014
04-11-2014, 02:43 PM

I wear almost the exact same thing to each WI (sweats, tshirt, even same sneakers) so that the clothes are not a variable. I assured my coach I do have other attire LOL. I was sooo glad when I recently switched to a smaller size of my "uniform" a couple of WI's ago.

smallerin2014
04-11-2014, 02:51 PM
:)Day 5 today. This really has felt like the longest week ever. TGIF indeed.

Hang in there :carrot: I promise it gets better! I felt awful my first week and even called in sick to work one day due to headache/lack of energy. I am so glad I stuck with the program -if you follow it, the rewards will come! The first week or so I drank lots of hot tea (helped with hunger) and went to bed early a lot (due to hunger/lack of energy). I have also done lots of logging on and reading others' posts for inspiration :)

canadjineh
04-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

My coach suggested the same time each weigh in, same or very similar clothes. She said some of the girls have her close the blinds & doors in her office and strip down to undies, lol. I just wore sock feet and tights with a drapey jersey t-shirt top and the same bra every time so my measures would be accurate. The weight that showed is what we called it. Didn't take any off for clothes.

pishposhappelsauce
04-11-2014, 03:09 PM
:)

Hang in there :carrot: I promise it gets better! I felt awful my first week and even called in sick to work one day due to headache/lack of energy. I am so glad I stuck with the program -if you follow it, the rewards will come! The first week or so I drank lots of hot tea (helped with hunger) and went to bed early a lot (due to hunger/lack of energy). I have also done lots of logging on and reading others' posts for inspiration :)

Thanks, smallerin. I actually haven't had any headaches, I'm mostly just tired and go to bed really early. Today has been more challenging than I anticipated. I thought my work from home day would be easier because I'd have more time and flexibility to make my lunch, but lunch turned out terribly and I had to throw it away. I ended up eating a mish mosh of IP pudding, red pepper sticks and some ground turkey...bleh. Hopefully dinner will be better.

I did do a sneak peek on my scale at home and saw I'm already down 7 pounds, so that's awesome. :) I know I shouldn't make a habit of peeking, but I was curious. Official weigh in isn't until Tuesday.

AlaskaLadyie
04-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks, smallerin. I actually haven't had any headaches, I'm mostly just tired and go to bed really early. Today has been more challenging than I anticipated. I thought my work from home day would be easier because I'd have more time and flexibility to make my lunch, but lunch turned out terribly and I had to throw it away. I ended up eating a mish mosh of IP pudding, red pepper sticks and some ground turkey...bleh. Hopefully dinner will be better.

I did do a sneak peek on my scale at home and saw I'm already down 7 pounds, so that's awesome. :) I know I shouldn't make a habit of peeking, but I was curious. Official weigh in isn't until Tuesday.

Your lucky pishposh... I have had horrible headakes I am in my second week and still get awful headakes.. I weigh my self every morning and post it in myfitnesspal log... if the scale says up or down I write it down just for my own information... it helps keep me on program to be truthful with my self to write my weight BF% and all the food I consume down Just my way of staying honest with the diet

Wahoofan
04-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Checking out Nashua Nutrition website, I notice there are several brands of shakes. What's your favorite and why?

I use the Proti-Thin Chocolate and Vanilla Ready To Drink. I find them to be nearly identical to the IP RTD ones.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/proti-thin-anytime-drink-chocolate-6-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/proti-thin-anytime-drink-vanilla-6-box.html

They go on sale periodically and when combined with the 10% lifetime membership and free shipping, they cost about a third of the IP ones. I add an espresso shot to the chocolate one and heat it up to make a mocha for breakfast most days. The other days I add the espresso to the vanilla one over ice and have an iced coffee.

In case you don't know, there is a thread devoted to alternative products with opinions from various people if you are looking for more items to substitute.

Tisado
04-11-2014, 04:04 PM
I felt nauseous and headachy that first week. I almost quit but had just invested chunk of cash.
For me, I wasn't getting enough salt (SALT) and I was taking my supplements on an empty stomach.

I know my coach had told me how to do it right but there's so much info to take in at that first session.

The unofficial coaches in this thread will steer you straight. Hang in there, it gets better. :hug:

jenerik
04-11-2014, 04:25 PM
I use the Proti-Thin Chocolate and Vanilla Ready To Drink. I find them to be nearly identical to the IP RTD ones.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/proti-thin-anytime-drink-chocolate-6-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/proti-thin-anytime-drink-vanilla-6-box.html

They go on sale periodically and when combined with the 10% lifetime membership and free shipping, they cost about a third of the IP ones. I add an espresso shot to the chocolate one and heat it up to make a mocha for breakfast most days. The other days I add the espresso to the vanilla one over ice and have an iced coffee.

In case you don't know, there is a thread devoted to alternative products with opinions from various people if you are looking for more items to substitute.
Thanks again, Wahoofan.

CrimsonKitten
04-11-2014, 04:50 PM
I also have a weigh in uniform. It was great not to have to shed layers of winter coats this morning when I got on the scale. I was rewarded with a 3.5 weight loss for sticking to plan so it was a great start to the day. Sometimes, I am a little bummed when I go to the salad bar and get my IP friendly meal, but I admit I feel very satisfied and happy once i eat it. Getting a real waistline again so it is making it worthwhile. I truly thought I would be overweight forever when I joined the day after Thanksgiving. This has made staying true to the program worth every second!

dlr9774
04-11-2014, 10:23 PM
had my WI and am down 3lbs. My clinic has a backorder on the Chocolate Brownies!! I like to take one of them a week as a good chocolate treat. I took two of the Vanilla peanut bar instead - which is my go to favorite as well and the salt and vinegar RIDGES! I got soups and my puddings to make waffles - which have become a staple for me. SO GOOD. Had a salad from SUBWAY the yesterday IT WAS SO GOOD!

dlr9774
04-11-2014, 10:32 PM

Congratulations on your new job! What do you do? Your confidence must be through the roof!:D

AmberLS
04-11-2014, 10:38 PM

Mine doesn't but he doesn't weigh me in office. He has me weigh when I first wake up and takes that for my weight.

IP43
04-11-2014, 11:29 PM

I know I bought some different shakes and tried to bake with them. I thought I was saving a lot of money. Now I just have two huge containers of some whey protein or something that I will never use. They tasted terrible and did not "bake" the way the IP ones do. So, I buy alternatives for a lot of things, but the IP shakes for my baking needs. To drink, I buy readymade shakes from Costco (Premier Protein ones)