Carb Counters - Fascinating article from a doctor who was mainstream and now isn't

diamondgeog
04-10-2014, 04:18 PM
http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/if-low-carb-eating-is-so-effective-why-are-people-still-overweight

I found this very informative. I like the explanation that 10 to 20% of people can do better with more carbs. Then it starts to vary.

I also like the that this person realized they were following the standard advice AND exercising 3 to 4 hours a day and still gaining weight...hum.

Anyhow great article. And the end is very disconcerting. Unlike smoking, what I feel is bad advice for people, is still the mainstream advice. So now it is like the government saying cigarettes are great for you.

BTW there is a pretty big stream getting bigger every day of doctors who have gone over, to me, the light side of LCHF.

time2lose
04-11-2014, 08:03 AM
diamondgeog,

Have you heard Dr. Attia's lecture on TED? I found it fascinating.
http://www.ted.com/talks/peter_attia_what_if_we_re_wrong_about_diabetes

From TED
As a young surgeon, Peter Attia felt contempt for a patient with diabetes. She was overweight, he thought, and thus responsible for the fact that she needed a foot amputation. But years later, Attia received an unpleasant medical surprise that led him to wonder: is our understanding of diabetes right? Could the precursors to diabetes cause obesity, and not the other way around? A look at how assumptions may be leading us to wage the wrong medical war.

diamondgeog
04-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Yes. I came across it months ago. When I found this article at first I didn't know was same person.

I think this article is a must read. Essentially what we have now is the government, backed, controlled, manipulated by industry essentially telling people smoking is healthy.

I blame industry way more than government personally. Why do so many struggle? Well fat is bad is still the official line and I'd say 8 out of 10 people believe it.

However times are a changing. Butter sales are at 50 year highs and margarine at 40-50 year lows.

So let's keep positive. First it's a fight worth fighting for. Second people are listening. Grain free is growing by leaps and bounds as people share on the Internet.