Ideal Protein Diet - Who Started IP March 2014....How is the journey so far

Nas145
04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Looking for people that started the Ideal Protein diet in March 2014. Would love to share the journey and we can keep each other motivated!!11:carrot::smug::smug::

Nas145
04-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm on day 25, I was out of products for 10 days but tried to follow the guidelines non the less. Back in full swing yesterday with lots of stock. People are starting to notice a difference, their compliments motivates me to go on!!!!

WI#1 - 4.3lbs WI#2 - 3.3lbs

pegeye
04-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Started on March 27.. WI#1 -7 WI#2 -1.5 WI#3 today :)

IPCali
04-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Looking for people that started the Ideal Protein diet in March 2014. Would love to share the journey and we can keep each other motivated!!11:carrot::smug::smug::

Hi Nas,

Cool idea for a thread.

How is your IP journey going, NAS?

I am on day 23 and I already lost 18 lbs.

I have been a failure at dieting for a while.

In the end, I'm thinking that ketogenic diets like this one can be

literal life savers.

Before I had irresistible cravings.

Now, no cravings.

I just LOVE IP! I am AMAZED by IP!

annadub
04-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Way to go everyone! I started alternative IP on March 4. As of last weeks weigh-in, I'm down 16.6 lbs! I joined the summer challenge thread here with a common goal of losing 25 lbs in 12-13 weeks by the end of June to keep up my motivation. It's not too late if some of you would like to join the challenge too!:)

Week 1: -6.6
Week 2: -2.6
Week 3: -1.8
Week 4: -3.0
Week 5: -2.6

IPCali
04-10-2014, 12:17 PM

Hi Pegeye,

Good work on your weight loss. :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2:

You must be happy with your results! :cheer3:

I sure hope today is a great weigh in for you!

Nas145
04-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi Nas,

Cool idea for a thread.

How is your IP journey going, NAS?

I am on day 23 and I already lost 18 lbs.

I have been a failure at dieting for a while.

In the end, I'm thinking that ketogenic diets like this one can be

literal life savers.

Before I had irresistible cravings.

Now, no cravings.

I just LOVE IP! I am AMAZED by IP!

Wow congrats on your lost.....thats great :carrot::carrot:
I am amazed by this diet too......love it and it works and you are not starving...:smug:

IPCali
04-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Way to go everyone! I started alternative IP on March 4. As of last weeks weigh-in, I'm down 16.6 lbs! I joined the summer challenge thread here with a common goal of losing 25 lbs in 12-13 weeks by the end of June to keep up my motivation. It's not too late if some of you would like to join the challenge too!:)

Week 1: -6.6
Week 2: -2.6
Week 3: -1.8
Week 4: -3.0
Week 5: -2.6

Awesome results, Anna!

I'm in the summer challenge too...

:bravo:

Rubygirl
04-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I started IP/Alternatives on March 8 and so far have lost 13lbs. I love this program.....not being hungry and craving all the time is so nice. I'm glad to find some March girls........lets get it off!!

karkrazy13
04-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I started IP (using alternatives) on March 1st, and as of this past Saturday's weigh-in (using my own scale), I have lost 18 lbs! :cheer3:

While the standard IP protocol has worked well, I still feel like I don't have much energy after nearly a month and a half. I have been considering switching to the IP Alternative protocol (the one designed for Diabetics). I think I would feel much better and have more energy with carb, fruit, and dairy additions.

If I decide to go this route, I will let you know how it goes! :)

Good luck to all of you! :hug:

IPCali
04-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Wow congrats on your lost.....thats great :carrot::carrot:
I am amazed by this diet too......love it and it works and you are not starving...:smug:

Good job on your weight loss... :broc:

also, it would be so cool if us 'March Beginners' kept up a strong thread of our :moped: journey :scooter:....

right here in this thread! :running:

Rubygirl
04-10-2014, 12:25 PM
I started IP (using alternatives) on March 1st, and as of this past Saturday's weigh-in (using my own scale), I have lost 18 lbs! :cheer3:

While the standard IP protocol has worked well, I still feel like I don't have much energy after nearly a month and a half. I have been considering switching to the IP Alternative protocol (the one designed for Diabetics). I think I would feel much better and have more energy with carb, fruit, and dairy additions.

If I decide to go this route, I will let you know how it goes! :)

Good luck to all of you! :hug:

Good luck to you......I've heard that many people have been successful on that. You should by now have your energy back and be feeling good. :hug:

IPCali
04-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I started IP/Alternatives on March 8 and so far have lost 13lbs. I love this program.....not being hungry and craving all the time is so nice. I'm glad to find some March girls........lets get it off!!

Hi Ruby girl,

Great job on losing 13 lbs! :dance:

I can't believe I don't have cravings.

Cravings were a nightly problem for me.

And now I am TOTALLY craving free!

karkrazy13
04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Good luck to you......I've heard that many people have been successful on that. You should by now have your energy back and be feeling good. :hug:

I have heard that, too :) I know that I most likely won't lose as much weight per week as I have been, but I think having more energy and feeling better will be worth it. :)

Thanks for the support and good luck to you! :hug:

MsGracie
04-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone!!

Such great results :cheer2:

I started 3/6/2014 - 5 weeks today and down 28 lbs!!

pegeye
04-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Hi Pegeye,

Good work on your weight loss. :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2:

You must be happy with your results! :cheer3:

I sure hope today is a great weigh in for you!

Thanks! Will post results afterward.. good luck to everyone on their journeys! stay strong, :carrot:

Has anyone started working out yet?

Nas145
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone!!

Wow thats awesome.....:carrot: Congrats:smug:

Nas145
04-10-2014, 01:39 PM

Good luck with your WI today.....fingers cross :smug:

Mulse
04-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Me! Started March 13th and am down 33.6lbs since then :)

HulaChic
04-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi! I started IP March 4th. Been going pretty well overall. Super hard the first 6 days, then it got better. I've had 5 WI's and I've lost 15 lbs so far.

Pauline

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Hi! I started March 27th. So far I'm down about 6 lbs and very excited about it!

pegeye
04-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Me! Started March 13th and am down 33.6lbs since then :)

wow good job!

Nas145
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
I am not so keen on the measuring, all i have is a 1 cup measuring spoon, some of my measurements i just eye ball like the chicken breast. Could this affect my progress, should i be precise on the measurements on every thing

pegeye
04-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I am not so keen on the measuring, all i have is a 1 cup measuring spoon, some of my measurements i just eye ball like the chicken breast. Could this affect my progress, should i be precise on the measurements on every thing

i never measure anything to be honest. just eyeball and i havent had any issues with that.

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Yes, you need to measure! For one thing, it teaches you what a portion looks like. It's very easy to over or underestimate a portion without measuring. So a set of measuring cups (I have 4 because I use them a lot!) and a scale are important.

Also, just eyeballing the portions will probably work for you at first but if you're getting more/less of your veggies and protein you will likely stall your weight loss at some point.

Honestly, I didn't get to be 100+ pounds overweight by exercising great portion control. I think that's one of the best things I've learned on IP - what an actual serving looks like.

kaylynt
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM
I started Mar 25/14. 10 pounds down so far. I'm in the summer challenge as well.

karkrazy13
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Yes, you need to measure! For one thing, it teaches you what a portion looks like. It's very easy to over or underestimate a portion without measuring. So a set of measuring cups (I have 4 because I use them a lot!) and a scale are important.

Also, just eyeballing the portions will probably work for you at first but if you're getting more/less of your veggies and protein you will likely stall your weight loss at some point.

Honestly, I didn't get to be 100+ pounds overweight by exercising great portion control. I think that's one of the best things I've learned on IP - what an actual serving looks like.

Exactly what Ruth Ann said :) I measure EVERYTHING, because I had absolutely no portion control before this! ;) Now that I've been measuring all my food for a month and half, I'm ALMOST able to eyeball things... but I don't, because I want to make sure I'm eating the right portions - no more, no less. :)

I would measure just to be on the safe side... measuring cups, spoons, and scales are our friends! :D

irishone127
04-10-2014, 05:36 PM
I started March 25th at 231.4 and today I weigh 217.0. Very pleased for 2.3 weeks on the plan! Looks like we are all losing weight!

Pukka8
04-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I did! I did!

I started March 5 and have lost 7.4lbs (doesn't seem like much compared to some of your losses! Way to go!).

I missed on weigh in due to travel but I actually found it easier to stay on plan while I am traveling as there was no food hanging around in the pantry to tempt me.

So close to goal but seemed to always get stumped at this weight - fingers crossed for a couple more good weigh ins!

canadjineh
04-10-2014, 05:57 PM
I did! I did!

I started March 5 and have lost 7.4lbs (doesn't seem like much compared to some of your losses! Way to go!).

I missed on weigh in due to travel but I actually found it easier to stay on plan while I am traveling as there was no food hanging around in the pantry to tempt me.

So close to goal but seemed to always get stumped at this weight - fingers crossed for a couple more good weigh ins!

Hang in there, the last few lbs are the toughest to get rid of... speaking from experience. My goodness, another poster on this thread lost the same amount of weight that I did in 3 months, but she did it in 1 - holy mackerel! Maybe she had more to lose to start with - I hope; now I'M feeling inadequate, lol.

That's OK, in maintenance now and it's all behind me :D

Liana

CO_6
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Started March 17th- Wk1-2 Wk2-4 Wk3 0 which was frustrating. I am in the middle of my Wk4 and am really hoping for a loss this week to keep motivated. It does help to see that others have had 0 loss on their 3rd week too.

Thanks for all the help on this forum!

:^:

annadub
04-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Awesome results, Anna!

I'm in the summer challenge too...

:bravo:

Thank you!! Best of luck to you in the challenge:D.

annadub
04-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks! Will post results afterward.. good luck to everyone on their journeys! stay strong, :carrot:

Has anyone started working out yet?

I started walking 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes each walk around week 4. I don't feel like it has stalled my weightloss, and I am happy to get outside!;)

Mulse
04-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I measure everything. I'm not fond of the 'two cup' rule as I find that really subjective (two heaping cups; diced vegetables or huge chunks, etc.), so I measure and weigh it all. It's helped me with understanding what a portion of food (especially protein) looks like.

AlaskaLadyie
04-11-2014, 12:48 AM
I agree with u Mulse.... I prefer to weigh every thing in Oz or Grams... I saw a weights and measures table here somewhere and should have saved the site or Printed it out now I can find it again

Rubygirl
04-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Hi! I started IP March 4th. Been going pretty well overall. Super hard the first 6 days, then it got better. I've had 5 WI's and I've lost 15 lbs so far.

Pauline

Hi HulaChic....you and I started at exactly the same weight and height.....I'll be following your progress to see if I can keep up. I'm older than you and in (actually past) menopause so it will be interesting. Good luck to you and congrats on the 15lbs

HulaChic
04-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Hi HulaChic....you and I started at exactly the same weight and height.....I'll be following your progress to see if I can keep up. I'm older than you and in (actually past) menopause so it will be interesting. Good luck to you and congrats on the 15lbs

Hi Rubygirl! How weird that our numbers are all the same! I'm 42 and most likely premenopausal with all the crazy symptoms I'm having. Good luck!! :D

Fearciuil
04-11-2014, 02:10 AM
I started March 4, and as of today's WI, I'm down 31.5lbs. :woohoo:

I'm another in the "yes, measure it" camp. I had no idea what a portion actually looked like when I started, which is part of what got me to 100+lbs overweight. I'm starting to get it now. A kitchen scale was my first kitchen-equipment purchase after starting IP, and I use it all the time.

Rubygirl
04-11-2014, 02:12 AM
I started March 4, and as of today's WI, I'm down 31.5lbs. :woohoo:

I'm another in the "yes, measure it" camp. I had no idea what a portion actually looked like when I started, which is part of what got me to 100+lbs overweight. I'm starting to get it now. A kitchen scale was my first kitchen-equipment purchase after starting IP, and I use it all the time.

congrats on the 31lbs.....YAY:cp:

pegeye
04-11-2014, 11:18 AM
down another 2.. woo! hopefully next week is more since TOM will be gone. down 10.5 now.

IPCali
04-11-2014, 12:07 PM
down another 2.. woo! hopefully next week is more since TOM will be gone. down 10.5 now.

:cb:

Great job, Pegeye...

:dancer: :cp: :hat:

The March girls are going to give IP a whole new success story!

:jig: :flame: :cloud9:

lavesely
04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone. I started Ideal Protein\Proti Diet 28 days ago and I have went from 175 to 162, but the past two weeks I have been stuck at 161-162 any advice?

canadjineh
04-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Hello everyone. I started Ideal Protein\Proti Diet 28 days ago and I have went from 175 to 162, but the past two weeks I have been stuck at 161-162 any advice?

You had about as much as I had to lose and I got stuck at about 10ish lbs to goal. After all the usual considerations ie TOM, constipation, not enough water, incorrect measuring of food, coach & I concluded that my body just needed more food. I went on the Alternative plan used for people who need more food for blood sugars. This means 1 lo-fat dairy, 1 starch, and 1 fruit a day - I started to lose the weight again & just generally felt better. Talk to your coach about it. If all the other things are in line you may just need a change so your body doesn't rebel this close to your goal. Worked great for me, I even lost a bit of weight in P3 when your 'glycogen tanks refill.' Also- check your body fat as it may have changed & your measurements too as you may have gotten smaller/leaner without losing poundage. Muscle takes up less room than fat does for the same weight.

Check the fit of your clothes too and enjoy any positives that don't have to do with the scale number.

:cb: Liana

lavesely
04-11-2014, 03:43 PM
You had about as much as I had to lose and I got stuck at about 10ish lbs to goal. After all the usual considerations ie TOM, constipation, not enough water, incorrect measuring of food, coach & I concluded that my body just needed more food. I went on the Alternative plan used for people who need more food for blood sugars. This means 1 lo-fat dairy, 1 starch, and 1 fruit a day - I started to lose the weight again & just generally felt better. Talk to your coach about it. If all the other things are in line you may just need a change so your body doesn't rebel this close to your goal. Worked great for me, I even lost a bit of weight in P3 when your 'glycogen tanks refill.' Also- check your body fat as it may have changed & your measurements too as you may have gotten smaller/leaner without losing poundage. Muscle takes up less room than fat does for the same weight.

Check the fit of your clothes too and enjoy any positives that don't have to do with the scale number.

:cb: Liana
Thank you for all the great tips, gonna try them out =)

lavesely
04-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone!!

Congrats! Keep up the good work you are doing so great! Can't wait to catch up ;-)

Nas145
04-11-2014, 04:45 PM

Don't be discouraged......I started March 17th and during my program some of my stuff that i ordered were delayed i was out of IP food for about a week and half. I tried to stay within the guidelines but its was not the same without the special food :smug:. I lost about a pound and half. I was miserable. Then i got my stuff :carrot: and i am on a roll again, a little set back on the journey but i am moving forward non the less. So....don't sweat the set backs or the stalls forward is a must as long as the numbers not going up. :hug:

LakeLover
04-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi all! I'm new here, and started IP on March 11th. I took a week off for surgery (lumpectomy and breast lift/reduction/reconstruction of sorts) but I think I've lost about 13 pounds - maybe more, I've lost track. I'm really happy on this program, but am thinking of doing it by myself by getting other products elsewhere in the future. For now, I'm really happy I'm losing.

ChattySusan
04-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Hi All,

I started IP on March 1st and down 16 lbs as of today.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wpO7N1h/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpO7N1h/)

IPCali
04-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi All,

I started IP on March 1st and down 16 lbs as of today.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wpO7N1h/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpO7N1h/)

Hi Chatty Susan,

:welcome2:

16 lbs is fab... are you excited?

I am chatty too! :hug:

I didn't know until I was 45 yo that I was a chatty person....

IPCali
04-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Started March 17th- Wk1-2 Wk2-4 Wk3 0 which was frustrating. I am in the middle of my Wk4 and am really hoping for a loss this week to keep motivated. It does help to see that others have had 0 loss on their 3rd week too.

Thanks for all the help on this forum!

:^:

Hi CO_6,

:welcome:

That stall does sound frustrating.

As you noted, on these boards everyone seems to have their roughest weigh in on week three...

I predict you'll have a nice big loss this coming week four weigh in! :belly:

IPCali
04-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi all! I'm new here, and started IP on March 11th. I took a week off for surgery (lumpectomy and breast lift/reduction/reconstruction of sorts) but I think I've lost about 13 pounds - maybe more, I've lost track. I'm really happy on this program, but am thinking of doing it by myself by getting other products elsewhere in the future. For now, I'm really happy I'm losing.

Welcome, LakeLover,

:welcome3:

I think I will definitely need a lift/reduction (o)(o)

how much does it cost?

:belly:

I bet the insurance paid due to the lumpectomy to keep your out of pocket costs down.

That's so great that you already lost 13 lbs with a major surgery and a week off! Wow! :broc:

I'm really happy on this program too!

IPCali
04-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Ok March folks,

Now that you have a couple of weeks of IP under your belt,

:comp: what is a tip

that you would give to other IP dieters. :comp:

I'll start:

For the first time in my life, I am learning to RELAX when I feel :hungry: hungry.

In the past I would panic :frypan: :dizzy: :running: and reach for food to end the discomfort.

Now I think of hunger as a

Non Scale Victory (NSV) - as a moment of having

:thanks: fat burned off of me!

dcs0826
04-12-2014, 09:58 PM
My tip would have to be plan plan plan! Plan meals, plan time in between meals, etc. And water..lots of water!

Fearciuil
04-12-2014, 11:05 PM
My tip would have to be plan plan plan! Plan meals, plan time in between meals, etc. And water..lots of water!
:cheer2: This is my tip, too. :cheer3:

JSorrell
04-12-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm preparing for a reduction/lift in June. How is your recovery going?

canadjineh
04-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Now that I'm in maintenance, I'd say my tip is: save your restricted for your most desperate time of day, and if you aren't desperate all day, don't even use the restricted but sub in a regular packet.
You'll lose quicker and be happier that you saved your 'treat' for when you really need it.

Keep on keepin' on plan! :carrot::cp::carrot:

Liana

Fat mom of 5
04-13-2014, 02:23 AM
I started end of March, was very surprised that the 1st week I only lost 4lbs. I was very addicted to diet soda 6-8 cans a day. That was the biggest challenge, but now I drink 4 liters a day of water! Three weeks later I am down to 263 from 274.4. I really like the food in exception of the pudding.

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 06:25 AM
I started end of March, was very surprised that the 1st week I only lost 4lbs. I was very addicted to diet soda 6-8 cans a day. That was the biggest challenge, but now I drink 4 liters a day of water! Three weeks later I am down to 263 from 274.4. I really like the food in exception of the pudding.

Congrats on the great losses!

You might check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html for some ideas to make the puddings more palatable to you. Lots of great ideas in there.

Vmoktan
04-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Started March beginning and I am diwm 13 pounds and 14 inches !!! I can hardly believe it ��

IPCali
04-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Now that I'm in maintenance, I'd say my tip is: save your restricted for your most desperate time of day, and if you aren't desperate all day, don't even use the restricted but sub in a regular packet.
You'll lose quicker and be happier that you saved your 'treat' for when you really need it.

Liana

The 'restricted' item.... yes.... why slow down the weight loss with it. I am going to put my restricted items :frypan: behind glass :rollpin:

:dizzy: for emergencies only.

CO_6
04-13-2014, 07:56 PM
I can definitely sympathize with a two week stall. I just weighed for my 4th week and no loss whatsoever. I did have a bit of an emotional day because of it, but am going to stick it out and see what week 5 brings.

I am doing it sans coaching or special food, so maybe this is to be expected?? I am following the ideal guidelines posted and have been very good. I am going to buy a tape measure, so I can see if there is any difference inches wise.

:mad:

Mulse
04-13-2014, 07:56 PM
I have been having my restricted for breakfast. It's usually my most rushed time of day and then I feel like I have the entire day to burn off those 'extra' carbs (even though they're perfectly in line with the protocol). It's more mental than physical, but it works for me.

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 08:02 PM
I can definitely sympathize with a two week stall. I just weighed for my 4th week and no loss whatsoever. I did have a bit of an emotional day because of it, but am going to stick it out and see what week 5 brings.

I am doing it sans coaching or special food, so maybe this is to be expected?? I am following the ideal guidelines posted and have been very good. I am going to buy a tape measure, so I can see if there is any difference inches wise.

A slowdown around week 3 or 4 is totally normal CO_6. Sometimes your body just needs a bit to catch up after some big losses. Hang in there, keep going and the weight WILL come off!

Definitely get a tape measure - you'll be amazed at how the inches come off (even if they don't come off where you most want them to to start with). Also be sure to take pictures now and every couple of weeks - it's very motivating to see yourself shrink down. I still cringe every time I see my starting picture (it's in my profile) but I'm really glad I have it now.

JLUS
04-13-2014, 08:10 PM

It is pretty common that the third or fourth week comes in with little/no loss. It is usually the body getting more settled after the initial losses and readjusting itself. Typically things will start moving again the following week.

Also, it is a good idea to mentally prepare for losses they are both large and small (and yes, sometimes even no loss at all). That is the unpredictable nature of weight loss in general. You are looking for an overall downward trend, but not necessarily every weigh in.

If you are 100% on program then the losses will follow!

Definitely measure yourself along with weighing. Often when there is little/no loss of weight, there are inches being lost. It really helps to have those measurements to bolster your resolve!

Also focus on what you aren't directly measuring... How do you feel, are your clothes looser, face thinner, walking up stairs easier, etc. We call those NSVs (Non Scale Victories) and I encourage you to share those here AND on the Daily Chat as ALL of us love to hear them from our fellow IPers!!!

LakeLover
04-13-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm preparing for a reduction/lift in June. How is your recovery going?

Pretty well. I had the lumpectomy as well, and the surgeon took two lymph nodes to test, which turned out to be benign. I was in overnight, and had two drains in for a week, which was a pain (literally and figuratively). I basically slept and took painkillers for most of the first week.

Be sure to ask the surgeon what to expect immediately after surgery, and over the days following. I had my surgery on 3/31, so it's two weeks out. My energy is back, I still have some tape on my incisions, and is still have some discomfort, but not pain.

Good luck with your surgery, and feel free to ask me anything :wave:

IPCali, since mine is connected with my lumpectomy, I have a copay and 20%, but I'm close to my max, so I'll see how much it'll end up costing.

IPCali
04-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Pretty well. I had the lumpectomy as well, and the surgeon took two lymph nodes to test, which turned out to be benign. I was in overnight, and had two drains in for a week, which was a pain (literally and figuratively). I basically slept and took painkillers for most of the first week.

Be sure to ask the surgeon what to expect immediately after surgery, and over the days following. I had my surgery on 3/31, so it's two weeks out. My energy is back, I still have some tape on my incisions, and is still have some discomfort, but not pain.

Good luck with your surgery, and feel free to ask me anything :wave:

IPCali, since mine is connected with my lumpectomy, I have a copay and 20%, but I'm close to my max, so I'll see how much it'll end up costing.

Glad you're back in the saddle, Lake Lover.

Thanks for the info.

I have to save up my pennies to get these girls hoisted UP!

:sumo: :belly:

booklover811
04-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Liana

My coach told me I had to eat my restricted or my body wouldn't be getting enough calories and such?

I'm on day 23 and am down 18.2 lbs. Loving the results so far!! You're all doing so well. Great job all!

IPCali
04-14-2014, 01:01 AM
My coach told me I had to eat my restricted or my body wouldn't be getting enough calories and such?

I'm on day 23 and am down 18.2 lbs. Loving the results so far!! You're all doing so well. Great job all!

I don't think that that is accurate.

I think you just need the

proper number of total packets a day

along with your dinner.

lisa32989
04-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Re: restricteds

The protocol is written to include them
If you're losing steadily having one per day, no reason to change anything

In fact, many folks here have found if they cut out too much, losses slowed & they were better-off with the daily restricted and some red meat in their week. This is where the daily chat is helpful. You can hear from people who are spread out in IP timeline. Learn from experience!

LakeLover
04-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Glad you're back in the saddle, Lake Lover.

Thanks for the info.

I have to save up my pennies to get these girls hoisted UP!

:sumo: :belly:

Thanks :) It's amazing how different my body looks - definitely more youthful. I told the plastic surgeon that I'm losing weight and will continue to do so (he answered, "You should" - Bah!) and I asked if my breasts will get smaller. He said no. My guess is that he took out the adipose tissue and what's left is breast tissue only. So, at least my breasts will now stay put, so to speak. It's funny, I don't need a bra and really can't wear a normal one yet anyway. Once I get refitted for a regular bra, I'll let you know my "before" and "after" :)

CO_6
04-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Thank you for the support Ruth Ann & Laurie!

I am ready to do well this week. *;)Fingers crossed*

NinaIP
04-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Started on Mar 14th, Lost 11 lbs so far. I am really thrilled. None of the other diets have been working for me lately. Its also good to see all of your success.

LakeLover
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
I checked with my IP Coach, and my numbers are:

Week 1 -6 lbs
Week 2 -5.6 lbs
Week 3 -4.1 lbs

I'm going again Wednesday, and so far, so good. It's even more amazing because from 3/31 - 4/10 (an extended time between weeks 2 & 3), I basically ate normally because I felt so sick and weak after my surgery. I'll be excited to see what happens Wednesday :)

canadjineh
04-14-2014, 07:47 PM

Technically, your body isn't getting enough calories or nutrients from the packets & veg anyhow... that's why the salt, and vitamins are NECESSARY - we are not taking in enough food or variety for maintenance - but then again, when on IP phase 1/2 we aren't aiming for maintenance - it's LOSS we are looking for. I"m eating between 1600 & 2000 cal a day on maintenance and not losing or gaining because I'm separating fats & carbs meals. (Phase 4)

Hang on and do whatever makes it work for you - restricted or not. Don't force yourself to NOT eat restricted just to lose faster - that's not the point. But if you aren't desperate for the 'restricted treat', why eat that item, switch it out. ;)

Liana

MellyIP
04-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I love reading about how well everyone is doing. I started late in March and so far have lost just under 10 pounds. I'm hoping that my WI tomorrow will get me over that mark - never to go back! I've started doing some lunges, squats and arms just for toning and I hope it's a positive result! I look forward to following the March Crew :)

bluegingham
04-14-2014, 09:28 PM
My coach told me I had to eat my restricted or my body wouldn't be getting enough calories and such?!

I am on day 96 and I haven't used restricteds at all. I am truly satisfied with the shakes, crisps and the variety of veggies & proteins.

booklover811
04-14-2014, 11:01 PM
I am on day 96 and I haven't used restricteds at all. I am truly satisfied with the shakes, crisps and the variety of veggies & proteins.

Aren't the crisps restricted?

Fearciuil
04-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Ow. I got a couple of fillings this afternoon, and that made my TM joint issues flare up. It hurts to chew. :( With that (inflammation), the laryngitis (inflammation), and choosing to stay up to take pictures of the eclipse tonight (sleep deprivation), I'm expecting my WI this week to be rather less-that-spectacular. OTOH, WI isn't until Thursday.

irishone127
04-15-2014, 05:55 AM
Today was the end of my third week on IP and I am happy to report 15 pounds lost so far!!!

calypso58
04-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Today was the end of my third week on IP and I am happy to report 15 pounds lost so far!!!

Congratulations Lori!

Nancy

CarbLover443
04-15-2014, 10:45 AM
I started on 3-10 and I'm down 27lbs. I don't know why..but this week, I'm not feeling like it's "enough". I know..I know...there's no way I'd be down 27 lbs in 5 weeks on my own. I'm struggling with the scale this past week. It just keeps going up and back down. The same one pound! If I don't get off this number soon I'm going to scream!

dcs0826
04-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I started on 3-10 and I'm down 27lbs. I don't know why..but this week, I'm not feeling like it's "enough". I know..I know...there's no way I'd be down 27 lbs in 5 weeks on my own. I'm struggling with the scale this past week. It just keeps going up and back down. The same one pound! If I don't get off this number soon I'm going to scream!

That's an average of over 5 lbs a week! You should be extremely proud of yourself!

Mulse
04-15-2014, 01:43 PM

I have the same issue. Once I am committed to something completely, I just want it to be done. When I'm half-assed, I know it won't happen quick. But when I'm 100% (like I am with IP) I just want to wake up the next day skinny.

LakeLover
04-15-2014, 04:25 PM

Great accomplishment, keep it up!
:carrot:

NJ_Desi_Guy
04-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Been there... just the last 2 weeks. I had been zooming down on the scale with 19 lbs in 20 days.. and then a lull of 2 weeks.. where it was hovering + 1 -2 + 1 ...where I was like losing it. and then the plateau ended just this sunday and I am now the loss started again. This week, I have lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days.. so hang in there :)

sequoiamus
04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
I just posted this in the newcomers thread but here it is again. :)

I started IP 3 weeks ago (on 3/24) and I'm down 11.2lbs. I lost 35lbs on Weight Watchers in 2012 and then spent the next 18 months gaining and losing the same 10lbs. LOL My WW starting weight was 205 but I started my profile here at my IP starting weight of 181.6.

I am very happy with my weight loss on IP though I am a little concerned as I have not lost many inches and I've lost over 5lbs of muscle mass. I am a heavy gym user; in fact I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer. I did not workout the first two weeks but went back to the gym during week 3 and cut back my intensity a little bit. I'm pretty sure I need to back off my workouts even more which I really, really do not want to do. In any case getting the weight off once and for all is my primary goal with IP so if I absolutely have to cut further back I'm willing to knowing that it will be temporary. I've searched older posts in this forum and there's a lot of confusion with regards to exercise. It's not clear if I should try not to get my heart rate up too much or not lift weights or both or..... ? I'll keep looking through older posts but if anyone wants to chime in here that would be awesome!

Looking forward to engaging with this forum.

Fearciuil
04-17-2014, 12:01 AM
NSV: Walking down the hall today at school, I realized my pants felt like they were trying to fall off (if I hadn't been wearing a belt.) 26.5 days left with students--the school clothes will last that long, that's what belts are for, and I'll replace the wardrobe in August. :devil:

Now I'm wondering if my XL shirts are going to look like tents on me. Maybe I should at least try on the concert black before the 29th.

Cindy56
04-17-2014, 04:00 AM
I just posted this in the newcomers thread but here it is again. :)

I started IP 3 weeks ago (on 3/24) and I'm down 11.2lbs. I lost 35lbs on Weight Watchers in 2012 and then spent the next 18 months gaining and losing the same 10lbs. LOL My WW starting weight was 205 but I started my profile here at my IP starting weight of 181.6.

I am very happy with my weight loss on IP though I am a little concerned as I have not lost many inches and I've lost over 5lbs of muscle mass. I am a heavy gym user; in fact I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer. I did not workout the first two weeks but went back to the gym during week 3 and cut back my intensity a little bit. I'm pretty sure I need to back off my workouts even more which I really, really do not want to do. In any case getting the weight off once and for all is my primary goal with IP so if I absolutely have to cut further back I'm willing to knowing that it will be temporary. I've searched older posts in this forum and there's a lot of confusion with regards to exercise. It's not clear if I should try not to get my heart rate up too much or not lift weights or both or..... ? I'll keep looking through older posts but if anyone wants to chime in here that would be awesome!

Looking forward to engaging with this forum.
So my absolutely phenomenal coach, who is also a personal trainer, says no cardio because we don't have the carb intake to support it and the body will therefore break down muscle for fuel. Some resistance work like squats, planks, pushups, pull ups are fine but we should have extra protein afterwards. He even tells us when first starting IP that we can quickly get into ketosis by doing cardio like crazy to burn up all of our glucose/glycogen stores--nice to know for reboots in the future. Your muscle loss certainly seem to support what he's saying. Hope this helps.

dcs0826
04-17-2014, 08:00 AM
3rd weigh in down..down 5 more lbs. That makes 11 total..my goal was 10 in the first month so I'll take it!

Fearciuil
04-19-2014, 09:10 PM
I did my first closet cull tonight: all of my XL shirts and 44" waist pants are going to Goodwill. Going through the pants was an eye-opener. I have some 34" waists in there. I don't remember being a 34! (IIRC, I think that's ~10-12 in women's sizes.) That must have been right out of college! Still, I'm excited to say goodbye to the tents. :devil:

Before I know it, I'll be saying goodbye to the 42s, too--they're already too big. :D

ETA: I was wrong! I'm properly in 40s now, so goodbye 42s! Here's the pile of pants that are going to live at somebody else's house:

IPCali
04-20-2014, 09:40 AM
I did my first closet cull tonight: all of my XL shirts and 44" waist pants are going to Goodwill. Going through the pants was an eye-opener. I have some 34" waists in there. I don't remember being a 34! (IIRC, I think that's ~10-12 in women's sizes.) That must have been right out of college! Still, I'm excited to say goodbye to the tents. :devil:

Before I know it, I'll be saying goodbye to the 42s, too--they're already too big. :D

ETA: I was wrong! I'm properly in 40s now, so goodbye 42s! Here's the pile of pants that are going to live at somebody else's house:

Thanks for posting the pic of the pants donation pile.

You just made my day!

Fearciuil
04-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Thanks for posting the pic of the pants donation pile.

You just made my day!
:lol:

CO_6
04-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Over the two week stall! I am a bit concerned about the upcoming week though, the loss came after a two day stomach bug so I am hoping that the scale does not creep up but goes down again.

*Fingers crossed*

I also just started wearing a pedometer to make sure I am moving slow and consistently throughout the day, in place of my regular punishing workouts that seem to have gotten me nowhere these past years. :cool:

deb07
04-22-2014, 09:10 PM
My husband and I started IP on March 14 (me) March 15 (him). As of today, my WI, I have lost 16 lbs. My husband's WI is tomorrow. I was hoping for a bigger loss by now, but am thrilled anyway that I have lost 16 lbs.

Fearciuil
04-24-2014, 06:56 PM
School scale put me down another 3.5 lbs ... since Tuesday. Nope, no water retention here ... none at all.... :rolleyes: ;)

Blondi13
04-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Hello, I started on my birthday on March 24. It was to be the beginning of the birth towards getting back to the weight I like. I am a chocoholic andlove my sweets and red wine which got me up to where I was. Fortunately I don't have that far to get back but weightloss is never fun no matter how far you have to go. I lost 12 pounds in the first week so it says at my clinic but my scale showed 8 pounds. Unfortunately I have not lost much since then and at my last weigh in was down 15 pounds total. I have a late weigh in this week since they were too busy to get me in on Tuesday so will weigh in on Friday and I think I am down a couple. Made some wrong calls, had a root canal today so was on antibiotics which slows down my weightloss or had in the past. I thought spring salad was unlimited which I don't think now is, I thought I was allowed 2 tsp of oil on my salad at lunch and dinner which I learned from this site was only 2 tsp once a day or total in a day. I have gotten lots of great info here but wish I would have connected sooner to figure things out better. Hopefully on track now.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-cat/lb/140/120/126/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Blondi13
04-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Oh, I was down 15 but went up one pound and think it was because of the oil twice Day that was too much but is surprising considering I am only consuming between 600 to 900 calories a day.

tilaf
05-01-2014, 05:26 AM
I started on March 10th, got off to a great start and lost 11 lbs in my first 3 week, then nothing, so of course I cheated, but the good news is.. I am back 100% no cheats and didn't gain anything back while I was cheating. (Not huge cheating, as I still roughly followed the plan, even if I snuck in a yogurt, banana or piece of watermelon.:dizzy:. Most of my cheat stuff was relatively healthy). Anyways, back to get the rest of this 30 lbs off... Wish me luck! And great job to everyone!:cp:

sequoiamus
05-01-2014, 02:30 PM
So my absolutely phenomenal coach, who is also a personal trainer, says no cardio because we don't have the carb intake to support it and the body will therefore break down muscle for fuel. Some resistance work like squats, planks, pushups, pull ups are fine but we should have extra protein afterwards. He even tells us when first starting IP that we can quickly get into ketosis by doing cardio like crazy to burn up all of our glucose/glycogen stores--nice to know for reboots in the future. Your muscle loss certainly seem to support what he's saying. Hope this helps.

new at posts. just found your feedback to my exercise question and I have no idea if you will see my response. thank you so much! my coach is not well informed on the exercise aspect of IP and has not been much help. so wish my coach was a PT. lucky you! :)

Blondi13
05-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Weigh in tomorrow and will see what happens considering it is that TOM and I always am up. It has been 2 weeks since I was in because the clinic was too busy to schedule me. A bit frustrating.

canadjineh
05-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Weigh in tomorrow and will see what happens considering it is that TOM and I always am up. It has been 2 weeks since I was in because the clinic was too busy to schedule me. A bit frustrating.

:goodvibes: sending good vibes your way, I'm sure you'll do well. TOM is always tough for me too - I am usually up 2 or 3 lbs from regular maintenance weight but it comes off in the next couple of days so it's just water retention (as long as I don't get carried away with old full fat cheese & Franks Red Hot Sauce or Cholula in the week before) :cheese::hot::cheese:

Liana

nettie1
05-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Hi ....I started reluctantly...lol...on March 28th and have not looked back. I am in 43 days and down 26 pounds. I am new to this blogging so bare with me :dizzy:

Sully1961
05-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Nettie1, you are doing awesome!

Sully1961
05-06-2014, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Blondi13;4995440]Hello, I started on my birthday on March 24. It was to be the beginning of the birth towards getting back to the weight I like. I am a chocoholic andlove my sweets and red wine which got me up to where I was. Fortunately I don't have that far to get back but weightloss is never fun no matter how far you have to go. I lost 12 pounds in the first week so it says at my clinic but my scale showed 8 pounds. Unfortunately I have not lost much since then and at my last weigh in was down 15 pounds total. I have a late weigh in this week since they were too busy to get me in on Tuesday so will weigh in on Friday and I think I am down a couple. Made some wrong calls, had a root canal today so was on antibiotics which slows down my weightloss or had in the past. I thought spring salad was unlimited which I don't think now is, I thought I was allowed 2 tsp of oil on my salad at lunch and dinner which I learned from this site was only 2 tsp once a day or total in a day. I have gotten lots of great info here but wish I would have connected sooner to figure things out better. Hopefully on track now.

Don't feel badly about the oil measurement error. In the first week I thought it was 2 tablespoons of oil a day! Imagine my surprise and embarrassment when I discovered it was 1 teaspoon a day. :o
I love my walden farms salad dressing when I don't have time to make my own.
Good luck with your journey :carrot:

CO_6
05-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Upcoming weigh-in on Sunday will mark two months on the program. Only 12lbs thus far, but I am hoping for a good surprise this week of more than 2 lbs lost like past weeks.

I am wondering if fellow March IPers are finding that adding in a tiny bit of exercise at this point is helping to move the weight?

Sully1961
05-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Upcoming weigh-in on Sunday will mark two months on the program. Only 12lbs thus far, but I am hoping for a good surprise this week of more than 2 lbs lost like past weeks.

I am wondering if fellow March IPers are finding that adding in a tiny bit of exercise at this point is helping to move the weight?

You are so close to breaking the 200 barrier! I am rooting for you. Hope this week"s weight loss motivates you to keep on going! :)

irishone127
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Hi ....I started reluctantly...lol...on March 28th and have not looked back. I am in 43 days and down 26 pounds. I am new to this blogging so bare with me :dizzy:

Nettie, we are almost neck and neck. I started 3/25 and I have lost 23.2 lbs. I have to catch up to you!

Fearciuil
05-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I just started kosho ryu kempo--my second class is tomorrow--but I'll definitely keep an eye out for that. Then again, I had a slowdown for the ten days starting on Easter, and then had six days of whoosh. :shrug:

Vkourtelis
05-07-2014, 11:32 PM
I am going on 50 days so far, down 15.8 pounds. I've been getting a bit frustrated the past few weeks though with small losses: only down .8 at this weeks weigh in. I have been following the plan perfectly and just feeling like the weight should be coming off quicker considering the program and it's concept. Anybody going through anything similar?

slowly getting it
05-07-2014, 11:57 PM
I started last week of March. This now week six. I am getting a little tired of the soup. I refuse to give up. The plan cost too much money and I do see progress.

Ruth Ann
05-08-2014, 07:41 AM
I am going on 50 days so far, down 15.8 pounds. I've been getting a bit frustrated the past few weeks though with small losses: only down .8 at this weeks weigh in. I have been following the plan perfectly and just feeling like the weight should be coming off quicker considering the program and it's concept. Anybody going through anything similar?

Vkourtelis - it looks like you're losing better than 2 pounds a week on average, that is a great rate of loss! And assuming you are staying 100% OP, don't stress over the small loss weeks - I would go 2 or 3 (or 4) weeks with little to no loss and then have a big loss and then back to small losses. You want to look at your overall progress - if the trend line is overall down, you are doing great.

Also, the scale is only one measure of how you're doing. Are you losing inches? Are your clothes fitting better? How are you feeling? All of those things are just as important as the scale weight.

We have to be patient with ourselves - we didn't put the weight on in just a few weeks and it takes some time to get it off. I know it can be hard, I've had my share of pity parties and screaming at the scale (which my dh thinks is hilarious) but I averaged 10 pounds a month for complete year by staying OP all the time.

Hang in there!

I started last week of March. This now week six. I am getting a little tired of the soup. I refuse to give up. The plan cost too much money and I do see progress.

Check out the recipe threads (links in the first post of the daily chat) - there are some great ways to enhance the soups and other packets (look at the "fun with packets" post). Adding veggies, turning the soup into a flatbread, different spices, etc. all help keep things interesting. Once I got into the habit of IP, I started playing with the packets to keep myself from getting bored. It helps!

And not everyone will like all the different foods, good thing there is a huge selection!

Mulse
05-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Today is week 8 and I am officially down 50.8lbs. I am so excited by these results!

CO_6
05-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Mulse- that is an AMAZING loss! Great job!

Fearciuli- do let me know if the excercise helps or hinders!

I used to workout regularly with little result, so I am enjoying the break. It does make me wonder though if there a good balance to enhance the losses without going to hard...mainly light weight lifting and/or light cardio.

Sully1961
05-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Weighed in today and the number on the scale didn't move which was a bit frustrating but my hormones are wonky right now and I am definitely retaining water so I need to focus on the fact that my clothes are feeling better - fitting into clothes I haven't been able to in a long time. Reminding myself that I am in this for the long haul!
My coach suggested I do a week on a cleanse product to jump start things but I told her I would have to research it first since I wanted to know what I would be taking. After reading a bit on line, I am not sure I am convinced that spending over $70 on a cleanse kit might not be the best use of my money or something my body needs.
Has anyone here used the cleanse? What effect did it have on your body and weight loss?

Fearciuil
05-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Today is week 8 and I am officially down 50.8lbs. I am so excited by these results!
:cheer2: :bravo: :cheer3:
Mulse- that is an AMAZING loss! Great job!

Fearciuli- do let me know if the excercise helps or hinders!

I used to workout regularly with little result, so I am enjoying the break. It does make me wonder though if there a good balance to enhance the losses without going to hard...mainly light weight lifting and/or light cardio.
Will do.

HO. LY. COW. I'm going to feel tonight's class tomorrow! I'm loving it!

Sully1961
05-09-2014, 10:59 AM

I am definitely losing more slowly than a lot of others, 12.5 lbs in 5 weeks, but I need to look at it as having LOST that much weight and I am closer to the goal. This was my most frustrating weigh in this week as I didn't lose any weight. But my husband pointed out that I didn't gain any either :D

Hang in there and don't stress it. Keep thinking about the weight loss long term and the whole process as changing your relationship with food and making smart, healthier choices.

I am rooting for you! :carrot:

Fearciuil
05-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Welp. I woke up with one nasty cold today. Bad enough that if I hadn't needed to finish testing 4th and 5th graders (9.5 days left in the year; 6.5 days left of my classes), I would have called in sick. What's making it worse is that I don't know what I can take, so I haven't taken anything. I felt like I was going to fall over all day.

BUT BUT BUT...

Even with that, my "unofficial" morning WI shows me down 50.8lbs since I started IP! I've been waiting for well over a week to pass the 50lb mark! I'm gonna have to track down a 50lb object this weekend to remind myself why I'm doing this and how far I've come.

AND AND....

I put on a size XL t-shirt last night for kosho ryu kempo, and it was noticably TOO BIG! :broc: :woohoo: :broc:

Sully1961
05-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Welp. I woke up with one nasty cold today. Bad enough that if I hadn't needed to finish testing 4th and 5th graders (9.5 days left in the year; 6.5 days left of my classes), I would have called in sick. What's making it worse is that I don't know what I can take, so I haven't taken anything. I felt like I was going to fall over all day.

BUT BUT BUT...

Even with that, my "unofficial" morning WI shows me down 50.8lbs since I started IP! I've been waiting for well over a week to pass the 50lb mark! I'm gonna have to track down a 50lb object this weekend to remind myself why I'm doing this and how far I've come.

AND AND....

I put on a size XL t-shirt last night for kosho ryu kempo, and it was noticably TOO BIG! :broc: :woohoo: :broc:

Way to go! 50 lbs. is a lot of weight to lose, well done. When I got discouraged about my lack of weight loss this week, I carried around 12.5 lbs in a backpack for an hour and I felt the difference.

The way clothes fit is impact flu too. Good on you for noticing the different feel in the size XML shirt.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

CO_6
05-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Finally hit a 5lb loss on week 8!

I hope this is one of many above 2lbs. Fingers crossed for next WI. The 100's are so close I can taste it.

booklover811
05-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Hit the 30 lb mark today!! So excited!!

Fearciuil
05-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Finally hit a 5lb loss on week 8!

I hope this is one of many above 2lbs. Fingers crossed for next WI. The 100's are so close I can taste it.

Hit the 30 lb mark today!! So excited!!
Congrats to you both! :bravo:

I realized this evening that even if I go all the way down to 140, I've now got less than 100lbs to lose. Moreover, I'm over 1/3 of the way there! :woohoo:

nettie1
05-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Hi....I am losing approx. 2-3 pounds a week. Just starting week 8 and am wishing I could have another big loss like 5 pounds....Anything should try different?

nettie1
05-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Great job Lori...we can do this!

CO_6
05-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Hi nettie1

I am just like you 2-3lbs a week- the only difference last week that I could think of was that I was forced to change up my routine a little in terms of timing of food due to random evening events. This forced me to eat my slow/real protein earlier than usual and just have salad or a snack at my regular dinner time. I am thinking this may have made my body "wake-up" a little.

Ill let you know if it continues...

CO_6
05-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Week 9 WI- no loss! My body just wont let me get above that 2lb average. Hoping for good things this week, I am resolved to be 100%!!

Anyone else seeing this loss/no loss pattern week to week?

Sully1961
05-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Week 9 WI- no loss! My body just wont let me get above that 2lb average. Hoping for good things this week, I am resolved to be 100%!!

Anyone else seeing this loss/no loss pattern week to week?

I hear you. I was so excited about the weight loss talk of 3-7 pounds per week but that just hasn't been my experience. After losing 15.5 pounds in 6 weeks, with a stall at week 5, I am averaging about 2.5. Lbs per week. I sure wish it was coming off faster, that said, with IP it is coming off faster than any other program I have tried so I am pleased overall.
Almost two years ago I tried weight watchers, stuck to program faithfully and lost 7 pounds over the course of 12 weeks. Others were reaching way bigger loses of 20 pounds or more - now THAT was frustrating.
I try to frame up any loss as a good week and the stall I had ( most likely due to hormones) made to stay even truer to the protocol, eat no restricted foods and I achieved a loss last week. Into the 80s for the first time in a long time....70s here I come.
Stick with it and know you are not alone in the slow loss category.:hug:

CO_6
05-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks Sully1961, youre right about the overall average being better than anything out there. You are doing amazing, I cant wait to be down in the 180s with you.

Jproenza
05-19-2014, 12:35 PM
I also started my IP journey in March 2014. My starting weight was 214 and week 10 weighed in at 190. So almost 25 lbs in 10 weeks. I have had my days that I seem to fall off the wagon and not stay 100% to my IP foods. Snacking here or there and eating more meat or veggies than I am suppose too. I am struggling to get back to 100% IP. Every day I start out saying the same thing "stick to the IP". I read all the other post and it seems alot of people go through a slump, which makes me feel better. Last week it hit home when I only lost .2 lbs. Yes I did lose 1" in my thighs, 1/2" in bust, and 3/4" in waist but I dont know why the scale matters so much to me. I kicked my self for not staying true to IP. This is a new week and I am going to do my best this week. :^: Feeling nervous but I have come so far I dont want to see that scale at that weight again. Good luck to everyone. We can do this.

canadjineh
05-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Hey everyone: The losses of 2-3 lbs a week are NOT SLOW LOSSES! This is the latest normal from IP and anyone using the old numbers of 3-7 lbs lost/wk is just going to set you up for disappointment. Its not unusual to lose a lot in your first week or even two because of glycogen/water relationship, but NOW is where the fat loss starts and you can't lose that much fat in 1 week - as a woman (remember we are talking 3500 calories per lb of FAT)
3500x7= 24,500 calories less a week.
Interesting info:
recent findings published in the International Journal of Obesity (http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n3/abs/0803720a.html).

The short of this newer (2010) research teaches us that while 3500 calories to lose a pound has always been the rule of thumb, this figure stems from research which (incorrectly) assumed that all the weight lost would be adipose tissue (which would be ideal, of course).

So, first of all, yes one pound of FAT = 3500 calories.

If we are careful with our carbs and take in enough protein most of the loss is fat...

Liana

CO_6
05-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Question on fat in the evening...

I was reading through Dr. Trans protocol and he does not allow for any added fats or oils for phase 1.

Has anyone talked with their coach about why the added oil is an absolute must? Or has anyone tried it without the oil and seen better results?

canadjineh
05-20-2014, 06:13 PM

I was reading through Dr. Trans protocol and he does not allow for any added fats or oils for phase 1.

Has anyone talked with their coach about why the added oil is an absolute must? Or has anyone tried it without the oil and seen better results?

Dec 2013 official IP Phase sheets state 1-2 tsp olive oil or grapeseed oil at both lunch & dinner meals. Fats are important - the brain is mostly fat - not a nasty comment:D just a physical reality. Also you need some fats for fighting the big C. Helps to grease the pipe in a manner of speaking. Fat is actually what makes your body reach satiety.

CO_6
05-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks! I know its important to get in, just wondering if there is a specific reason he left it out...of course, his protocol seems to be written for shorter periods.

lisa32989
05-20-2014, 06:41 PM

On his website his protocol calls for 2 Tablespoons of oil at the noon meal

Fearciuil
05-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Blerg. I've been stuck at 222-223 for a week now. I know that's not a true stall, but it is frustrating. Not sure if it's my iron levels, end-of-school-year stress & lack of sleep, starting karate, some combination thereof, something completely different, or if it's Just That Time for me. I'm following the protocol 100%, so I know I'm not gaining or retaining fat, just ... blerg. :halfempty:

Fearciuil
05-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Make that, I've been stuck at 222-223.4 for ten days. :( Today marks my 11-week IP anniversary, if you're curious; I started March 4.

OTOH, my pants are falling off again. I think my first "cleaning" chore after school gets out on Friday will be closet cull #2 ... but then, I will need to buy some new shorts.

IPCali
05-21-2014, 04:32 AM

The most important reason to have the oils on the Phase One sheet is the gall bladder.

If there is no intake of fats, the gall bladder could develop a problem which often leads to more serious problems such as gall bladder removal.

The removal of the gall bladder leads to more serious problems such as nausea and anxiety for LIFE!

Fearciuil
05-23-2014, 12:46 AM
*sigh* Karate class today was stripe evaluations, so we ended up doing a whole bunch of things I'd never seen nor heard of before, and I was pretty much just left to figure it out on my own. I'm pretty quick, but not that quick. I felt like an idiot. I need a hug.

Yes, I was given a stripe anyway. It's just a quick method for the teaching staff to see what material students have covered. :(

Fearciuil
05-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Went through my closet again! Results: 22 dress shirts, 7 pairs of khakis, 3 pairs of blue jeans, 3 pairs of black jeans, 1 pair of black slacks, 1 pair of gray slacks that I've never worn because I bought them for a Halloween costume and was too fat, and 1 blouse that is still too small but it's from a high school trip and I will never wear it again -- all going to Goodwill in the morning

I've got three pairs of shorts that need to go into the Goodwill pile, too, but I need to replace them before I give them away or I'll get arrested. Not going anywhere tonight, though, because ... well, the second picture is the view from my window. That's supposed to be a road, not a river.

mamanerd
06-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Started march 4 at 208 lb. On 6-7 I am down 33lb to 175. It has been an interesting journey, strict but not as awful as I expected. I am using IP regimen pretty strictly, with some less-than-strict meals during a wedding and traveling. Overall, I am pleased with having a wide variety of available "space age foods" that taste pretty good (better than some on the non-ip "substitutes" I have tried) that give me choices but SAFE choices. I have never been able to lose weight except for a small success at WeightWatchers, but I couldn't sustain the counting and obsessing over food. Here I just pick one from a stack and don't worry about it, and I usually notice some hunger before meals but not painfully craving hungers that I have had on other "diets".

I have about 10-15lb more I'd like to lose, but I mainly started into this for medical reasons, and losing 33lbs has made that goal.

IP43
06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I hear you. I was so excited about the weight loss talk of 3-7 pounds per week but that just hasn't been my experience. ....:hug:

I was going to mention that this was the "old" information but then I read this post....

Hey everyone: The losses of 2-3 lbs a week are NOT SLOW LOSSES! This is the latest normal from IP and anyone using the old numbers of 3-7 lbs lost/wk is just going to set you up for disappointment. Its not unusual to lose a lot in your first week or even two because of glycogen/water relationship, but NOW is where the fat loss starts and you can't lose that much fat in 1 week - as a woman (remember we are talking 3500 calories per lb of FAT)
3500x7= 24,500 calories less a week.
Interesting info:
recent findings published in the International Journal of Obesity (http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n3/abs/0803720a.html).

The short of this newer (2010) research teaches us that while 3500 calories to lose a pound has always been the rule of thumb, this figure stems from research which (incorrectly) assumed that all the weight lost would be adipose tissue (which would be ideal, of course).

So, first of all, yes one pound of FAT = 3500 calories.

If we are careful with our carbs and take in enough protein most of the loss is fat...

Liana

Super info Liana! So helpful in how you explained it and put it into perspective. Thanks for a great and informative post!

How do we post this into a different thread for the newbies -- or is it just a "cut and paste" thing?

CO_6
06-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Just completed 3 months on IP. "only" 20lbs so far. The scale inched down this week with 1 lb. I am pretty sure that the Quest bars stalled me the last two weeks. I hoping for a bigger week this time. I am also going to start back at the gym twice a week to see if there is any help moving the scale.

I think I will revise my mini goal to be under 200 by July 1st instead of 185 :hat:

lisa32989
06-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Just completed 3 months on IP. "only" 20lbs so far. The scale inched down this week with 1 lb. I am pretty sure that the Quest bars stalled me the last two weeks. I hoping for a bigger week this time. I am also going to start back at the gym twice a week to see if there is any help moving the scale.

I think I will revise my mini goal to be under 200 by July 1st instead of 185
We lose weight at our own speeds. If you're 100% compliant with the plan, just know a different plan would probably show even smaller results. You're STILL 21 lbs smaller than you were 3 months ago!!!

Don't be suprised if workouts add weight initially. Stressed muscles retain water. I've increased my workouts and have seen an initial gain :(

In the long-run, however, regular exercise is very good for us.
Weight loss in the kitchen. Gym for fitness. Fitness doesn't equal weight loss but it FEELS great!

CO_6
06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
*Bumping*

How are March starters doing?
I feel like we hear a lot from those who have just started and those who are close to goal. It has been 3-4 months for us and goal can seem so close yet so far away.

HulaChic
06-27-2014, 03:18 AM
I started at the beginning of March and had done pretty well for the first 6 weeks. Then I slipped once...couldn't get back to 100%, then went on vacation to Hawaii for 10 days at the end of April...been struggling ever since. Oh, just got back tonight from a week long crude. I actually ate IP breakfast and lunch, but not dinner.

So, I am back to publicly recommit to IP 100%. I've been do disappointed in myself, but finally turned a mental corner...life happened, I slipped, now get back on it. Whenever I stumbled in the past, I would pretty much fall so far down a canyon...but do I really need to get to the bottom again? No, I don't. I'll check my weight tomorrow morning.

My next official WI is on Tuesday. Though I haven't been 100% IP, I wasn't 100% off. I didn't gain at all which I was happy about, but still so disappointed that I wasted all this time...and money.

Sully1961
06-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't logged in for quite some time now. Still plugging away at the IP program. My weight loss has been great. Down almost 30 pounds since I started the end of March/early April. Best part is I feel really good. Sticking to the protocol is difficult some days but overall I like the "strictness" that this way of eating provides.
I Am finding it expensive - not just the food but now my clothes are not fitting and I can't really afford new ones just yet. I am hoping to find a tailor in my area who can alter a few work pieces for me so I don't look like a slob. I don't want to spend money on new clothes right now because my size will probably drop again as I reach my goal.
How have others dealt with those 'tween sizes? Truth is I don't even know what "size" I am right now. Would love to hear how others were thrifty with their wardrobe.
This is the first week I did not have a coach visit and weigh in because of my coaches schedule and my travel schedule this week. Hoping to drop into the 60's when I get weighed in next Thursday. That would be sooo exciting.
Loved catching up on all the successes you are having. Keep up the great work. We are all worth it!

CO_6
06-27-2014, 10:23 AM
HulaChic- congratulations on recommitting! You have done so well and im sure you will get back into the 100% groove quickly.

Sully- that is what i am feeling right now too, that i just keep plugging away no matter how slow or fast the result. You have done amazing, 30#!

I decided that I would buy two new pairs of pants (on clearance, New York & co is having their big annual sale right now) so that at least my bottom half looks professional and then my tops can be billowy until I reach the next size. I know alot of others go to the thrift stores to get good deals until goal.

Rayze
06-27-2014, 10:46 PM
How have others dealt with those 'tween sizes? Truth is I don't even know what "size" I am right now. Would love to hear how others were thrifty with their wardrobe.

There is a site called Gwynnie Bee where you can rent a wardrobe sizes 10-32. It works like Netflix. Choose a bunch of clothes. Choose a subscription plan for how many items you want at a time. Get your items, keep for as long as you want or send back for new ones. I'm planning on using when I start getting into sizes I don't have clothes for.

Sully1961
06-28-2014, 04:06 PM
There is a site called Gwynnie Bee where you can rent a wardrobe sizes 10-32. It works like Netflix. Choose a bunch of clothes. Choose a subscription plan for how many items you want at a time. Get your items, keep for as long as you want or send back for new ones. I'm planning on using when I start getting into sizes I don't have clothes for.

Thanks for this info, Rayze. Wonder if it works for Canada. Gonna check it out! Great idea.

Sully1961
06-28-2014, 04:10 PM
HulaChic- congratulations on recommitting! You have done so well and im sure you will get back into the 100% groove quickly.

Sully- that is what i am feeling right now too, that i just keep plugging away no matter how slow or fast the result. You have done amazing, 30#!

I decided that I would buy two new pairs of pants (on clearance, New York & co is having their big annual sale right now) so that at least my bottom half looks professional and then my tops can be billowy until I reach the next size. I know alot of others go to the thrift stores to get good deals until goal.

CO_6, I think you are right about having a couple of pairs of versatile pants. Since it is summer, I am wearing a lot of dresses but many of my dresses are noticeably too big now so perhaps a thrift store might be in order.

Keep up the good work here folks.

Mulse
06-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks for this info, Rayze. Wonder if it works for Canada. Gonna check it out! Great idea.

It doesn't work in Canada. I was so sad to find out.

IPCali
06-29-2014, 02:30 AM
I hit the 50 lb down mark after about 100 days.

I started on March 18th.

As a failure on all the 'other' diets, I am amazed by how well this plan works for me.

HulaChic
07-02-2014, 01:49 PM
I hit the 50 lb down mark after about 100 days.

I started on March 18th.

As a failure on all the 'other' diets, I am amazed by how well this plan works for me.

IPCali: WOW!!!! I am so proud of you! What an inspiration! I have been slipping a foot off the wagon since April. I started March 4th. Back to 100%, though. Super happy for you!

CO_6
07-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Just hit the 25lb mark today. Cant wait until there is only 25 left!

IPCali that is a great loss!

Sully1961
07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Trying not to be frustrated this week as I experienced my second "stall" of sorts, only dropped .4 pounds over the last two weeks. Not sure what I am doing 'wrong' but I just want to stay motivated and focused and get into the 160's soon. I know I have lost inches but it is frustrating to experience less than 1/2 pound loss over a two week period when I have been following the protocol. :(

mamanerd
08-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Anyone still here? or where is the March thread now?

I started in March 2014, am down 46 lbs (from 208) and hope to go about 10 lbs more. I have been "slow and steady" with some variations accounting for less rapid loss, such as keeping my milk in my coffee, not freaking out if a few carrot shreds get in my salad, using a forktine to have tiny amounts of restaurant vinegrette on my salad etc. I'm happy with the progress. I had a stall for about 2 weeks, but it's moving down again.

I have tried some alternative shakes and bars, but the IP ones generally are MUCH tastier.

I like that I have LOTS of choices, all equivalent and handy and I don't have to "count" calories or points like other weight loss programs I failed on.

Not very fond of the rotini with tomatoes, butterscotch pudding, cranberry drink. Most fond of the crispy cereal, the maple oatmeal, chicken and broccoli soups, the mango drink and the strawberry drink. I can't handle most of the bars, mostly because i cannot stop at 1... they keep calling my name and I have zero will power over their siren song. The dark chocolate pudding is easier to enjoy and just have one.

I have had to buy new pants (tops I wear loose anyway) it's nice to go from a size 22 to a 14!!

CO_6
08-13-2014, 12:35 PM
mamanerd- great work! 46lbs is amazing.

I have been wondering where all the March IPers are as well.

My body has been very slow to let go of the weight, though I am using alternatives. Almost at 30lbs gone, which I will take!

I have been having trouble the past few days with eating an extra half or whole restricted. I am trying to work on it today and limit myself. I think after my quest bars are gone, I will have to do a week detox from restricteds just to get rid of the trigger of wanting more.

mamanerd
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM
so I decided I was pretty content with this weight level and asked to move to phase 2.

The meals and the prescribed packets are fine.

However, I have also been having too many temptations to having an extra snack, kinda "don't I deserve it" in my head. and everyone's noticed the huge loss, and i'm doing the "do I have to keep on?"...

and realizing I am seeing the pattern of wanting something else in the evening... that used to be my downfall that put on that weight to begin with.

I'm trying to set an alarm to say "here's the time for my snack" so I can try to delay the official one, try to avoid the extra one, and drink extra water instead of succumbing. Or tea. or....:?::?:

Ariel13
08-19-2014, 12:45 AM
:woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS to March Starters on your weight loss!! :cheer2::cheer3:

CO_6
08-19-2014, 12:25 PM
i have the same problem of wanting a snack after dinner- its completely mental but very hard to deal with.

Some days I will save my quest bar until after dinner or split it up and have have in the afternoon and half after dinner. I also use tea as a late night snack with stevia. Pickles as well.

I am still struggling to find a way to curb hunger between lunch and dinner while having something for later. Unfortunately I dont have the hunger suppression while ketogenic.