Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/10/2014

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/10/2014

lisa32989
04-10-2014, 06:22 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
04-10-2014, 06:24 AM
:wave:

IdealProteinNewbie
04-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Good morning Lisa!

calypso58
04-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Good Morning all!

sunflwr816
04-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Good morning!!! First day off in a while and happy to be back on the boards.

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Happy Thursday!

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Happy Thursday all! 2nd weigh in and down 3 lbs..pretty excited!

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 08:21 AM

Hooray dcs! :woohoo:

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Hooray dcs! :woohoo:

Thanks Ruth Ann! :carrot:

MarylandMom
04-10-2014, 09:11 AM

Congrats! :carrot:

Just got to work and am getting ready to try the Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice tea that everyone has been raving about! Gonna try to sip away some Thursday morning grumpies!

rmcjaug
04-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone. I had my 7th weigh in yesterday and am down 27.2 lbs. This is the most I have lost on any diet plan. It is so exciting. Today I will be breaking my daily weekday routine and will be going on a field trip with my son. Wish me luck! haha

TwoTots
04-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Good afternoon everyone.

trinny
04-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Morning all. Had a bit of a slip last night and woke up discouraged and frustrated with myself. Engaged in a little positive self-talk and I think I'm on track for a better day.

I just have to keep reminding myself that I've been perfect so far today, and that's all I can control for now.

Firebug470
04-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Day 2 for me today and I must say that I have one **** of a headache. Yesterday was not to bad however sitting at the dinner table watching the little one eat her dinner with ketchup made me a little jealous. I just have to stay strong and take on every day.

mars735
04-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Morning all. Had a bit of a slip last night and woke up discouraged and frustrated with myself. Engaged in a little positive self-talk and I think I'm on track for a better day.

I just have to keep reminding myself that I've been perfect so far today, and that's all I can control for now.

Same here. I was sitting on the sofa next to some roasted peanuts that I occasionally feed to wild birds. In a mindless moment, I ate one, and next thing I knew I had eaten many more. Positive self-talk works way better than berating ourselves.

danilynn
04-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Day 2 for me today and I must say that I have one **** of a headache. Yesterday was not to bad however sitting at the dinner table watching the little one eat her dinner with ketchup made me a little jealous. I just have to stay strong and take on every day.

Firebug-- make sure you are getting your salt in. That will help with the headaches.

hope2781
04-10-2014, 10:48 AM

I have had terrible headaches the first 5 days but suddenly they disappeared and I am on my 8th day. I guess my body has adjusted to the new routine. Everyone here on this site gave me so much support and I am going to do the same.
Just stay strong for the first week. It will get better. I cried on my 4th day and wanted to stop this but the wonderful people here gave me the strength to continue.Trust me it will get better.

hope2781
04-10-2014, 10:51 AM
good morning everyone, I am so glad the first week is over and the headaches are gone. It's sunny and bright today.Feeling good. Tomorrow I have a weigh in and I am hoping I might have lost few pounds to keep me motivated.
Wish me luck!!!

Yayalaine
04-10-2014, 10:55 AM
When I first started IP, I read suggestions about putting some salt in the palm of your hand and licking it (or stirring into shake/drink). That actually did help with headaches. I would put maybe 1/4 to 1/2 tsp in my palm and lick it, then swig down some water. It also helped with muscle cramps.

Tisado
04-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I get bad headaches when I go off caffeine. :devil:
I'm guessing that the first week is hard for lots of folks because they have stopped coffee and because of lack of salt. A double whammy.

Hang in there, it's worth it. :)

I'm on day 3 of P3. Scale is up a little this AM but will not worry (yet) as the Big C is hanging around. WI is Monday, that's "real"

Firebug470
04-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have a app or program that they use to remind them of accepted foods and what needs to be taken supplement wise when? I am going to pack a cooler/lunch box with my foods for that day but given my long shifts (14hrs) and not knowing how much energy I will us during them I am allowed to have 1 more protein on hand. But I am having trouble with remembering the supplement schedule and which snacks are the restricted ones. I am sure this will all come together over time.

Chicnana
04-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Does anyone have a app or program that they use to remind them of accepted foods and what needs to be taken supplement wise when? I am going to pack a cooler/lunch box with my foods for that day but given my long shifts (14hrs) and not knowing how much energy I will us during them I am allowed to have 1 more protein on hand. But I am having trouble with remembering the supplement schedule and which snacks are the restricted ones. I am sure this will all come together over time.

For work, I had put all the different supplements in little baggies identifying them for example:

Vitamin C: 1 B / 1 L
CalMag: 2 L / 2 D
OMEGA-3: 2 S / 1 D etc...

But you'll see that you'll differenciate them in no time!
:)

Yayalaine
04-10-2014, 11:38 AM
I make little baggies for supplements out of snack size zip locks, one for lunch and one for dinner/supper. I have an iPhone and set reminders to go off daily at 11:30 am and 5:30 pm. Those reminders help me remember to take the supplements. I would NEVER remember on my own… I know myself too well. :o

MarylandMom
04-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I have had terrible headaches the first 5 days but suddenly they disappeared and I am on my 8th day. I guess my body has adjusted to the new routine. Everyone here on this site gave me so much support and I am going to do the same.
Just stay strong for the first week. It will get better. I cried on my 4th day and wanted to stop this but the wonderful people here gave me the strength to continue.Trust me it will get better.

I too cried on my 4th day and wanted to stop. I came here and posted about my struggles and got some amazing support. I am on Day 18 and it has gotten much easier. Hang in there!! :hug:

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Good Morning All!!! Happy Thursday!!

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 12:29 PM

Congrats!!! That is awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!:carrot::carrot:

vachinyc
04-10-2014, 12:34 PM

CONGRATS! :bravo:

Good morning everyone. I had my 7th weigh in yesterday and am down 27.2 lbs. This is the most I have lost on any diet plan. It is so exciting. Today I will be breaking my daily weekday routine and will be going on a field trip with my son. Wish me luck! haha

AWESOME PROGRESS! Congrats! :cp:

Happy Thursday all!
I'm having a hungry day today for some reason so I jumped on the boards from work to get inspired.

I ate my afternoon snack already and will push lunch a little later and hope the afternoon isn't too bad. My snack today was the IP lemon wafers. I like them a lot because I like lemon... however, i don't feel as satisfied with those as I do with the bars or even the heartier shakes. It's interesting. (Even though I've moved to maintenance in the last couple of weeks, I still often use IP products for snacks) Anyone else feel that way about the items that are a little more "treat" oriented?

Hope you all have a great IP day!

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 12:36 PM

Congrats!!! You are doing an awesome job!!! Keep up the good work!!!

May you have great fun on your son's field trip!!!:carrot::carrot:

drd1961
04-10-2014, 12:59 PM
CONGRATS! :bravo:

AWESOME PROGRESS! Congrats! :cp:

Happy Thursday all!
I'm having a hungry day today for some reason so I jumped on the boards from work to get inspired.

I ate my afternoon snack already and will push lunch a little later and hope the afternoon isn't too bad. My snack today was the IP lemon wafers. I like them a lot because I like lemon... however, i don't feel as satisfied with those as I do with the bars or even the heartier shakes. It's interesting. (Even though I've moved to maintenance in the last couple of weeks, I still often use IP products for snacks) Anyone else feel that way about the items that are a little more "treat" oriented?

Hope you all have a great IP day!

I found that following hungry days was a good loss. Hope that is the same with you!

jendilly
04-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Good morning! I'm back from my 8 day trip to CA to tour colleges with my daughter (most of you probably didn't notice my absence ;) ) and it was a very successful trip for her. She narrowed down her choices and had some great meetings with diving coaches there.

It is soooo hard to eat out every meal of the day (other than breakfast). I took my IP packets and WF dressings with me. I'd say I kept 85-90% OP while there, it's the cheats that killed me I'm sure. It was my daughter's birthday while there, so yes I did have a couple of bites of her desserts. Also, I was hanging out with family and had a few drinks out two different nights. For the most part, I stuck to the plan. All of my meals were IP compliant. Getting all the veggies in is hard when eating out, but I did eat at least one salad a day. That was easy to do in the college cafeterias with their salad bars.

So...I'm about to go WI. It's been two weeks. Was hoping for a loss, but at this point, I'll be greatful if I maintained. We walked A LOT...I hit over 10,000 steps 6 of the 8 days while gone, including tons of stairs. Those college tours are awesome for that.

Back to plan...working hard to my goal. It's hard to have some cheats and then get back to plan. However, I did shop for smaller clothes before going and was able to get into sizes that I haven't seen in a very long time. I cried in the dressing room...happy tears!! Hoping they're all too big soon though.

Anyway...hope everyone had a great couple of weeks!

canadjineh
04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Good morning! I'm back from my 8 day trip to CA to tour colleges with my daughter (most of you probably didn't notice my absence ;) ) and it was a very successful trip for her. She narrowed down her choices and had some great meetings with diving coaches there.

It is soooo hard to eat out every meal of the day (other than breakfast). I took my IP packets and WF dressings with me. I'd say I kept 85-90% OP while there, it's the cheats that killed me I'm sure. It was my daughter's birthday while there, so yes I did have a couple of bites of her desserts. Also, I was hanging out with family and had a few drinks out two different nights. For the most part, I stuck to the plan. All of my meals were IP compliant. Getting all the veggies in is hard when eating out, but I did eat at least one salad a day. That was easy to do in the college cafeterias with their salad bars.

So...I'm about to go WI. It's been two weeks. Was hoping for a loss, but at this point, I'll be greatful if I maintained. We walked A LOT...I hit over 10,000 steps 6 of the 8 days while gone, including tons of stairs. Those college tours are awesome for that.

Back to plan...working hard to my goal. It's hard to have some cheats and then get back to plan. However, I did shop for smaller clothes before going and was able to get into sizes that I haven't seen in a very long time. I cried in the dressing room...happy tears!! Hoping they're all too big soon though.

Anyway...hope everyone had a great couple of weeks!

Good to hear everything went well for your daughter... you will probably do fine on your weigh in!
Just remember when you are in a restaurant to ask for veggies steamed or even lightly stirfried with no carrots as a side. EVERY sit-down restaurant has vegetables on hand and it's very easy to cook a bit up for you. I've never had a problem at any restaurant - no one blinks twice and you aren't asking for some freaky difficult to prepare dish, so no big deal :)
You can always get shrimp or chicken breast as long as it is grilled or baked without coatings, and even steak or pork tenderloin if you got extra cash lol.
Don't forget to tip well since they are doing a request instead of the 'usual.'

You may not have lost much in pounds but I bet you are reshaping your body inches with all the walking that you did. You will be losing the fat and replacing it with muscle which is denser (takes up less room per lb than fat).
Happy tears for you too!

Liana:cp:

wildirishrose
04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Question.....I have to grab dinner on my way to school so I'm looking for an easy drive thru meal....I usually get subway chicken salad, but I'm just wanting something different tonight. I have acess to a lot of places , any ideas?

murphypuppy
04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Question.....I have to grab dinner on my way to school so I'm looking for an easy drive thru meal....I usually get subway chicken salad, but I'm just wanting something different tonight. I have acess to a lot of places , any ideas?

Someone posted awhile back that a Chipotle salad bowl with steak was ok to eat. I haven't been brave enough to eat at a restaurant yet but it sure sounds good. The chicken at Chipotle has honey in it and the carnitas is too high in fat. Maybe check this website out and play around with what can be ordered while on IP. http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx

wildirishrose
04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Someone posted awhile back that a Chipotle salad bowl with steak was ok to eat. I haven't been brave enough to eat at a restaurant yet but it sure sounds good. The chicken at Chipotle has honey in it and the carnitas is too high in fat. Maybe check this website out and play around with what can be ordered while on IP. http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx

I FREAKING love you! Thank you!

murphypuppy
04-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Planning a trip to Disneyland in June. :) I think this may be the ultimate test of willpower.... We have an annual passport so I guess I can tell myself that when we go back in the Fall that I can treat myself to a tasty treat in the shape of Mickey if I'm good in June...

cheers2014
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Day one and two horrific headache for me. Im on day three and so far so good

pegeye
04-10-2014, 02:03 PM

my old coach said that in a bind its ok to grab the Wendy's Santa Fe salad i think its called? Just no dressing, cheese, gaucamole etc.. just get the chili and get a sour cream for a dressing. I would have it every now and then and it wouldnt stall my progress.

catlady1981
04-10-2014, 02:33 PM
I have been looking for an all purpose salad dressing to replace the WF products. I've spent time looking through all the recipe stickies and most of what I am seeing contains things that are not allowed in Phase 1, like sesame oil, chili oil, lime juice, poppy seeds. Does anyone have a homemade version that is Phase one compliant? Also, if you are using a 3:1 or 2:1 oil to vinegar ratio, then how do you determine how much a serving is?

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 02:37 PM
I have been looking for an all purpose salad dressing to replace the WF products. I've spent time looking through all the recipe stickies and most of what I am seeing contains things that are not allowed in Phase 1, like sesame oil, chili oil, lime juice, poppy seeds. Does anyone have a homemade version that is Phase one compliant? Also, if you are using a 3:1 or 2:1 oil to vinegar ratio, then how do you determine how much a serving is?

Hi catlady...I like the dressing I make for phase 1 very much. I only make it one serving at a time. I use 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, and then I add about 3 tbsps of apple cider vinegar. I do a few squirts of lemon juice, some garlic powder, ip salt, and pepper. Sometimes I add parsley or greek seasoning. Other than the oil and salt, I don't really measure how much I add, I just do it to taste. Good luck!

MarylandMom
04-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi catlady...I like the dressing I make for phase 1 very much. I only make it one serving at a time. I use 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, and then I add about 3 tbsps of apple cider vinegar. I do a few squirts of lemon juice, some garlic powder, ip salt, and pepper. Sometimes I add parsley or greek seasoning. Other than the oil and salt, I don't really measure how much I add, I just do it to taste. Good luck!

I make my dressing just like this too...so easy and very tasty!

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I make my dressing just like this too...so easy and very tasty!

It must be a Maryland thing ;)

HulaChic
04-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Day one and two horrific headache for me. Im on day three and so far so good

Glad it's getting better for you! I had a pretty brutal first 6 days. But after that it was all so much better.

catlady1981
04-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Thanks so much. I'll give that a try. I haven't bought bottled dressings in over 20 years. I always make my own. My go to dressing before IP was 3:1 Evoo and Balsamic with garlic and herbs or a killer honey mustard recipe. I guess I am just going to have to play with it until I find something that I like. The WF are ok when first starting but basically they are too sweet and full of things I can't pronounce!

Tisado
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I know I'm only supposed to have one cup of coffee a day. But what about decaf?

:shrug:

MarylandMom
04-10-2014, 03:52 PM
It must be a Maryland thing ;)

Same with our starting weights and heights (almost!) ;)

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Same with our starting weights and heights (almost!) ;)

I know! Crazy!

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I know I'm only supposed to have one cup of coffee a day. But what about decaf?

:shrug:

You can have decaf. Some people say it counts towards your water, some don't. I have always counted decaf tea towards my water (don't like decaf coffee).

kaylynt
04-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Everyone at work again is saying how much they've noticed already that I'm losing weight. I feel like I'm not anymore. The first week all I got were hot flashes. This 3rd week I'm not feeling that anymore, and I miss it cause I know it was my body burning fat. The first week it was like the fat was melting off. This week is not going as well.

Please help. I'm looking for any advice. Maybe I should tighten up portion sizes? Get rid of my restricted? I've been wavering more and more often (stretching the rules). I had a great loss 2 weeks in a row, and I'm not feeling it this week. Not feeling confident at all.

My eyes and tummy keep wandering to the Atkins Advantage bars....ug! Please talk me out of the poor alternatives.

I miss carrots too.

Sorry if it just sounds like I'm whining.

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Everyone at work again is saying how much they've noticed already that I'm losing weight. I feel like I'm not anymore. The first week all I got were hot flashes. This 3rd week I'm not feeling that anymore, and I miss it cause I know it was my body burning fat. The first week it was like the fat was melting off. This week is not going as well.

Please help. I'm looking for any advice. Maybe I should tighten up portion sizes? Get rid of my restricted? I've been wavering more and more often (stretching the rules). I had a great loss 2 weeks in a row, and I'm not feeling it this week. Not feeling confident at all.

My eyes and tummy keep wandering to the Atkins Advantage bars....ug! Please talk me out of the poor alternatives.

I miss carrots too.

Sorry if it just sounds like I'm whining.

Hang in there kaylynt! Many people have a smaller loss the 3rd week as their body catches up. If I remember correctly, I think I was a 0 loss the 3rd or 4th week and I was 100% the whole time. Remember, the scale just shows one point in time, not the whole downward trend.

There is nothing wrong for you to fix if you are measuring and weighing your food, getting all 3 packets and your protein and all your water, salt & supplements. Honest - some weeks it just goes like that.

As far as your cravings go - drink some hot tea, eat a pickle, drink more water, go for a walk or do something to distract yourself. Those cravings do pass after awhile. I still get them on occasion and just sometimes have to white knuckle it through. Remember all the reasons you started this diet - they are still valid and you don't want to slow yourself down now.

canadjineh
04-10-2014, 06:43 PM
my old coach said that in a bind its ok to grab the Wendy's Santa Fe salad i think its called? Just no dressing, cheese, gaucamole etc.. just get the chili and get a sour cream for a dressing. I would have it every now and then and it wouldnt stall my progress.

Wendy's in Canada has some very yummy salads - I like the Asian Cashew Chicken one with grilled edamame and just have some vinegar or their hot sauce packet for a dressing on it.
The nuts are in a separate package so you can just leave them off.
Another easy thing to order is small chili meal with the side green salad. Put the chili on top and voila, 'taco' salad. When you get the meal combo it's under 5 bucks and you can have coffee, herb or green tea, or Diet Coke:sssh: included.

Liana
I'm in maintenance and my fave is the Apple Pecan Chicken salad with Extra Blue cheese crumbles.

canadjineh
04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks so much. I'll give that a try. I haven't bought bottled dressings in over 20 years. I always make my own. My go to dressing before IP was 3:1 Evoo and Balsamic with garlic and herbs or a killer honey mustard recipe. I guess I am just going to have to play with it until I find something that I like. The WF are ok when first starting but basically they are too sweet and full of things I can't pronounce!

If you have WF 'peanut spread' lurking in your fridge, you can do the EVOO & AC vinegar, add a bit of the peanut spread, hot sauce tabasco or Frank's, and a splash of Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce to make an asian dressing - if you wish use lime juice instead of AC vinegar and add a touch of stevia to taste if you like it sweeter. This was my go-to dressing because I love Thai and Indonesian flavours. ALL P1 COMPLIANT.

ChipnDip
04-10-2014, 07:02 PM

Just do your same dressing but change the vinegar from balsamic. You can do honey mustard with WF or other sugar free syrup. On the recipe threads I picked up an Asian dressing that I love. I mix everything but the oil in it and then I add a teaspoon to the portion I am using just before adding to my salad

Asian DRESSING
1/3 c. olive oil
2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar (I use rice wine vinegar)
1 Tbsp. Ginger
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
¼ tsp. each splenda, salt, pepper
¼ tsp. hot sauce

kaylynt
04-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Hang in there kaylynt! Many people have a smaller loss the 3rd week as their body catches up. If I remember correctly, I think I was a 0 loss the 3rd or 4th week and I was 100% the whole time. Remember, the scale just shows one point in time, not the whole downward trend.

There is nothing wrong for you to fix if you are measuring and weighing your food, getting all 3 packets and your protein and all your water, salt & supplements. Honest - some weeks it just goes like that.

As far as your cravings go - drink some hot tea, eat a pickle, drink more water, go for a walk or do something to distract yourself. Those cravings do pass after awhile. I still get them on occasion and just sometimes have to white knuckle it through. Remember all the reasons you started this diet - they are still valid and you don't want to slow yourself down now.

Thank-you Ruth Ann you're always so helpful :)))

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Today I was able to make a signature! Here is a test post to see if it works. Fingers crossed!

Jenny38
04-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Hello Fellow IPer's,

Sounds like people had great victories both on and off the scale today.
It has been a busy week for me, my DH has been travelling since Monday and Our nanny is away so just me and the kids. I'm exhausted! It has been a challenge to not eat more this week, likely due to the added stress. Have been pretty good - the odd nibble of dried cereal.
Looking forward to the weekend, going to buy a dress for a wedding we are going to at the end of the month. Super excited to try stuff on for the first time in a very very long time.

Mernsgirl
04-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Hi all! I will be 60 on Monday...don't tell anyone please! This is my last diet and I am glad to be on this journey with all of you. I am not a bit hungry but have the dreaded headache. Thanks for all the support, encouragement, tips, and tough love you provide in the forums I am reading. Day 3, here I come...

dcs0826
04-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi all! I will be 60 on Monday...don't tell anyone please! This is my last diet and I am glad to be on this journey with all of you. I am not a bit hungry but have the dreaded headache. Thanks for all the support, encouragement, tips, and tough love you provide in the forums I am reading. Day 3, here I come...

I had the headache too pretty badly..don't worry, it goes away!

jmor1017
04-11-2014, 02:29 AM

I make my own homemade good seasons salad dressing. It has been essential for keeping me interested in this diet otherwise I'd be out of my mind. LOL I do NOT ADD OIL to the mixture. I use my oil mister & spray my salad first then I add as much of the dressing as I like. I also use this to dip my chicken into and makes it much more flavorful minus the oil.
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 packet of Stevia (My coach said only 1 packet was allowed)
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
2 tablespoons Ideal salt

Directions

In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, stevia packet, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and Ideal salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup apple cidar vinegar, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :dizzy:

Rubygirl
04-11-2014, 02:31 AM
I FREAKING love you! Thank you!

ME TOO ME TOO!!

Rubygirl
04-11-2014, 02:34 AM

I just turned 59 and this ALSO is my last diet. Not hungry....felt awful first 5 days then started feeling good, then better and now I'm feeling the best. Hang in....