Ideal Protein Diet - Who started IP February 2014??!! How are you doing?!

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 04:17 PM
:carrot: Looking for people that started the Ideal Protein diet in February of this year! Would love to keep up with you and we can keep each other motivated!! :carrot:

wildirishrose
04-09-2014, 05:15 PM
I did! I did! I'm so excited I've been looking for a Feburary group :)

I started February 10th and have lost 31 pounds!! Hoping in another 8 weeks I loose another 30!!! Haha

There are days where I am grouchy and just want to have breakfast and lunch again...but the results are a motivation to keep it going! And I've found ways to be creative when I don't want to eat my vegetables or squeeze in another packet. :)

How are you doing?

JanMarie40
04-09-2014, 08:59 PM
I did! I did! I'm so excited I've been looking for a Feburary group :)

I started February 10th and have lost 31 pounds!! Hoping in another 8 weeks I loose another 30!!! Haha

There are days where I am grouchy and just want to have breakfast and lunch again...but the results are a motivation to keep it going! And I've found ways to be creative when I don't want to eat my vegetables or squeeze in another packet. :)

How are you doing?

Holy Moly you're doing great!!! :carrot:
I started February 1st and am down 25 pounds and have gone from 38% fat to 29%!

AmberLS
04-09-2014, 10:20 PM
I started February 17th and I am down 28lbs as of today. I'm really happy about it! Glad someone started a February group, I'm always curious how other people are doing.

JanMarie40
04-09-2014, 10:23 PM
I started February 17th and I am down 28lbs as of today. I'm really happy about it! Glad someone started a February group, I'm always curious how other people are doing.

Congrats!! :)

ChipnDip
04-09-2014, 11:14 PM
February 12 for me! Down 32.5 as of today. Woohoo!:carrot:

AmberLS
04-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Chip n Dip we started at almost the same weight five days apart and an inch of height difference! My goal is 10lbs less then yours I bet we get there together!

kontesanera
04-10-2014, 12:26 AM
I started February 7 and I am down almost 24 lbs.

murphypuppy
04-10-2014, 04:10 AM
I started February 5th. 30.2 pounds so far! Excited about a February group. Looks like we are all loosing at about the same rate.. Great going ladies!!!

ChipnDip
04-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Chip n Dip we started at almost the same weight five days apart and an inch of height difference! My goal is 10lbs less then yours I bet we get there together!

I hope so! It still feels very far away and I haven't weighed that much for 14 years when I list weight after my first child was born but I am hopeful.

rmcjaug
04-10-2014, 09:25 AM
I started at the end of February and have lost 27.2 lbs. This is the most weight loss I have ever had on any weight loss program and it was so fast. It seems almost too good to be true!!!!

rmcjaug
04-10-2014, 09:29 AM
It seems like everyone is doing a great job! Stick with it everyone!

wildirishrose
04-10-2014, 10:14 AM
I started at the end of February and have lost 27.2 lbs. This is the most weight loss I have ever had on any weight loss program and it was so fast. It seems almost too good to be true!!!!

Exactly how I feel!! I still have a long ways to go but the changes so far are amazing and really inspire you to keep going! Plus this forum is an amazing support.

wildirishrose
04-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Has anyone started working out yet? I talked to my coach about it and she said I could do strength but not to let my heart rate get high. So today I did a 10 minute butt lift. YIKES!!! Haaha feeling the burn....

danilynn
04-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Im a late bloomer :) I started Feb 26th and i am down 17.2 as of this morning. I am hoping to have a woosh this saturday to make it an even-steven 20lbs.

I have started to add in walking with my journey of weight loss. I only walk on Mondays and Wednesdays at the junior HS track when my son has soccer practice. Me along with 3 other moms do our walk and gossip during that time.
Its great to have a good support group like that!

Chicnana
04-10-2014, 10:59 AM

I started on that date as well! I was doing great, lost 19lbs as of 3 weeks ago... gained one lbs and stayed there... :(

I have to say that I wasn't feeling that great, I've been really tired and grumpy/hungry (craving the carbs still!!) all the time (threatening to quit about 5 times a day! lol) so when I saw my coach last Tuesday, she put me on the 'Alternative' plan, as for people with diabeties and such... one extra bread, fruit and milk product a day. Will see how it goes... unfortunately not as excited as I was in the beginning...

Yayalaine
04-10-2014, 11:47 AM
I started IP on February 24. I had lost 10 pounds in the weeks before that, so my starting weight was 255. I've lost 36 total, but 26 are since starting IP.

Last week, I switched to alternative products because of the expense. I wasn't getting anything from my clinic in the way of coaching and encouragement, so the extra expense wasn't worth it for me. It was just a place to shop and buy some protein products.

I'm getting my "coaching" and encouragement from these boards! :hug:

LuvA1exa
04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
I started Feb. 26th and have lost 23 so far. This has been the easiest diet for me to follow. Just have to pre-plan my dinners. I really miss being able to have a bowl of cereal on the nights I don't want to cook.

Yard work will start this week - I am going to see how I do with that before I add a formal work out routine.

The people on these forums have so much more info than my "counselor". Thanks to everyone for their support!!!

murphypuppy
04-10-2014, 01:27 PM
9 weeks on the program and I think I'm in the "zone" now... We went to a dinner party last night at an Italian restaurant and I wasn't even tempted to cheat. I had a bowl of grilled cauliflower and asparagus and drank my water. In the past, I would have been miserable watching everyone else eat bread, pasta and yummy desserts but it was great! I had a fabulous time visiting and while the food smelled delicious, my bowl of cauliflower was perfectly on plan and I have no regrets this morning!

murphypuppy
04-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Last week, I switched to alternative products because of the expense. I wasn't getting anything from my clinic in the way of coaching and encouragement, so the extra expense wasn't worth it for me. It was just a place to shop and buy some protein products.

I'm getting my "coaching" and encouragement from these boards! :hug:

I switched over this week as well. The cost of the program is so hard to justify when there are more reasonable options out there. My clinic, too, was just a glorified dietmart with a high pressured sales aspect that I didn't care for. So with all the money being saved, there is more money free to purchase cute clothes in increasingly smaller sizes!:dizzy:

Yayalaine
04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
I switched over this week as well. The cost of the program is so hard to justify when there are more reasonable options out there. My clinic, too, was just a glorified dietmart with a high pressured sales aspect that I didn't care for. So with all the money being saved, there is more money free to purchase cute clothes in increasingly smaller sizes!:dizzy:

Oh, YES, I'd rather spend the money on new and cuter clothes!! :carrot:

szvegas
04-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Hey all- Great to find a Feb group- I started on Feb 20th and I'm down 20. I'm gluten free too, so its been a challenge. I'll take any advice from others who have to eat GF. Two weeks in a row I only lost 1 lb, but this week I lost 5 lbs. I am so glad because I was starting to get discouraged. Way to go IPeeps! :)

Yayalaine
04-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I started on that date as well! I was doing great, lost 19lbs as of 3 weeks ago... gained one lbs and stayed there... :(

I have to say that I wasn't feeling that great, I've been really tired and grumpy/hungry (craving the carbs still!!) all the time (threatening to quit about 5 times a day! lol) so when I saw my coach last Tuesday, she put me on the 'Alternative' plan, as for people with diabeties and such... one extra bread, fruit and milk product a day. Will see how it goes... unfortunately not as excited as I was in the beginning...

I am considering the alternative plan, too. I feel really tired and weak all the time. I asked our school nurse to check my blood sugar and iron and they were OK. I'm wondering if I just need a little more of something. I envy the people who talk about all the energy they now have.

AmberLS
04-10-2014, 07:08 PM
I hope so! It still feels very far away and I haven't weighed that much for 14 years when I list weight after my first child was born but I am hopeful.

I feel your pain, I haven't been there since my middle child was born, she turns 6 in a couple weeks. I don't know what happened to my body but there is now light at the end of the tunnel. It's exciting to think that this summer I could be there again!

AmberLS
04-10-2014, 07:12 PM
9 weeks on the program and I think I'm in the "zone" now... We went to a dinner party last night at an Italian restaurant and I wasn't even tempted to cheat. I had a bowl of grilled cauliflower and asparagus and drank my water. In the past, I would have been miserable watching everyone else eat bread, pasta and yummy desserts but it was great! I had a fabulous time visiting and while the food smelled delicious, my bowl of cauliflower was perfectly on plan and I have no regrets this morning!

Yay! It's nice not to feel tempted to cheat, I too have only recently started going to restaurants with my family, eating and being ok with it!

AmberLS
04-10-2014, 07:18 PM

I'd like to switch over, my IP funds are down to about 160, plus I probably have a month and half worth of food in my house. I'm just really nervous about it because I only have Walmart here, no Costco or anything else so finding alternative products is challenging and I gotta go online and that always makes me nervous, plus plan way ahead to make sure I have product here all the time. I really wanna start incorporating alternatives with the foods I have left and transition over gradually.

ChipnDip
04-10-2014, 07:19 PM
I realize how fortunate I was in that my transition onto this diet was very smooth. I am amazed by the willpower I have had. This week I have been surrounded by treats that I had to purchase and share with others and I didn't so much as lick a finger. The plan is so cut and dry that it makes it simpler for me to stay focused. It has been a busy week though and I haven't been getting my water in and keep forgetting my supplements.

I'm glad we can be here for each other. It keeps me strong seeing the success of others.

canadjineh
04-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Hey all- Great to find a Feb group- I started on Feb 20th and I'm down 20. I'm gluten free too, so its been a challenge. I'll take any advice from others who have to eat GF. Two weeks in a row I only lost 1 lb, but this week I lost 5 lbs. I am so glad because I was starting to get discouraged. Way to go IPeeps! :)

Hey Vegas: I'm GF too, and did IP with very few choices for packets, lol. Don't get discouraged, you can add in vegan or whey protein shakes and bars if you need more variety - I use Vega Tropic Tango Protein smoothie and Garden of Life Raw Protein Cacao Kiss smoothie powder. I hear Quest bars are a good alternative too with lots of flavours and very low carb/high protein - they are made with whey protein. I also used Shirataki noodles made from tofu - they are a bit chewy but really good - just don't forget to rinse well out of the package because they seriously stink when you open the pack. My coach said no problem and they even sell them at my Drop Zone IP Centre.

I post my maintenance menus on Maintenance What Are You Eating -IPeeps thread if you need some ideas. Remember if you are on P1, you can still use hot sauces, mustards, Bragg Aminos (to replace soy sauce), and all kinds of vinegars EXCEPT WINE/BALSAMIC I also used Tamari and lots of lime juice for flavour and if you like the WF peanut spread works for Thai/Indonesian style dressings sauces on P1. There are also a lot of P1 packet recipes out there on the sticky recipe thread for ideas. I did a kind of flat chewy tortilla with the broccoli Cheese soup packet - Gfree. It was good - I just googled it and used it when I needed a bready sort of wrap for a recipe.
You can message me if you have more questions or post on here or What Are You Eating IPeeps threads.

Keep on goin'!:broc: (dancing broccoli, because no dancing carrots in P1, lol)

Liana

livinthelife
04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Hi there, I'm brand new here. I've been stalking this forum for weeks and finally found the thread for me.

I started IP on February 16th and I've lost 21 lbs so far. Just today a couple of co-workers started to notice! Great feeling after all the hard work. :^:

murphypuppy
04-10-2014, 09:19 PM
I'd like to switch over, my IP funds are down to about 160, plus I probably have a month and half worth of food in my house. I'm just really nervous about it because I only have Walmart here, no Costco or anything else so finding alternative products is challenging and I gotta go online and that always makes me nervous, plus plan way ahead to make sure I have product here all the time. I really wanna start incorporating alternatives with the foods I have left and transition over gradually.

I was really nervous as well but the Nashua website was very easy to use and they delivered within 5 days. And I was able to get 2.5 weeks of food for only $93.... That made me very happy :)

AmberLS
04-10-2014, 10:30 PM
So do you use the protithin or the protidiet or both?

texaschick0925
04-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Everyone is doing AMAZING!!! So excited to see all of your results!! My daughter had a field trip today so I wasn't able to see the replies until now and was so excited to see everyone's results!

I started Feb. 5th at 230......as of this morning I was 191.6. Hard to believe that I've lost almost 40 lbs in a little over two months. I agree as well that this is the easiest diet I've ever tried!

To the questions about the alternative products.....the only ones I have tried are the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. I have one with my coffee every morning (either the Cafe Caramel or the French Vanilla) and another for my snack (usually Chocolate Fudge or Dark Chocolate). I still use IP foods at lunch.

I hope everyone has a great night!!!! Keep up the great work!! Together we can do this!!

ANY TIPS ON HOW YOU ARE STAYING ON PLAN SO THAT WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER WOULD BE GREAT! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!

texaschick0925
04-10-2014, 11:16 PM
I feel your pain, I haven't been there since my middle child was born, she turns 6 in a couple weeks. I don't know what happened to my body but there is now light at the end of the tunnel. It's exciting to think that this summer I could be there again!

I totally agree!! My daughter will be 8 this fall and I can't blame my pregnancy on my weight gain anymore!! I am super happy that I started this when I did because I feel like this summer will be amazing because I will feel so much better!!!! I am hoping to be there too!!! Keep it up!

texaschick0925
04-10-2014, 11:20 PM

I have been using the EAS ADVANTEDGE CARB CONTROL shakes for bfast and my snack. For lunch I have the IP foods, mainly the restricted. I am only buying one thing from my coach a week and my weight loss hasn't slowed down at all. I highly recommend these shakes and you can buy them at Walmart and Costco.

jmor1017
04-11-2014, 02:05 AM
I started my journey on February 23rd. I have lost 24lbs so far. I amazed that I do not have the cravings. It's a miracle!! I did have one bad week because I indulged in cashews against my better judgement, that week I gained 2.5lbs. I'm back in the saddle & look forward to reaching my goal. :carrot:

murphypuppy
04-11-2014, 01:14 PM
So do you use the protithin or the protidiet or both?
I use a combo of 3 or 4 different brands. I wrote out a long list of ones that are IP compliant with net carb count, calories and fat. I have a 5 hour layover at an airport this weekend - I will message it over to you then if you want. :)

MsSelkie
04-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Hello. I started IP this February. I'm Diabetic type 2, in my 50's...it's been slow going. Today is the end of my 8th week. I've lost 16lbs so far. Sticking to the program to the letter. Feeling frustrated because I know it's the Diabetes that's making it slow going. I'm extremely sensitive to carbs. I'm not even having the restricted desserts because they make my sugars raise. But...I'm losing fat & inches and best of all...I'm completely off my diabetes & blood pressure medications! Hurray!! This is a huge accomplishment because I've been on them for more than 15 years. :carrot:

sunflwr816
04-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I started in February! I'm down ~13lbs, I'll weigh in tomorrow. My losses have been much smaller and slower than others but I've been sticking with it!

I'm getting married in August and I'm committing to 135 or June 1, whichever comes first before transitioning to Phase 2. I'd love to lose another 10-15 pounds but I know I can maintain the weight I'm at right now and be happy.

canadjineh
04-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Hello. I started IP this February. I'm Diabetic type 2, in my 50's...it's been slow going. Today is the end of my 8th week. I've lost 16lbs so far. Sticking to the program to the letter. Feeling frustrated because I know it's the Diabetes that's making it slow going. I'm extremely sensitive to carbs. I'm not even having the restricted desserts because they make my sugars raise. But...I'm losing fat & inches and best of all...I'm completely off my diabetes & blood pressure medications! Hurray!! This is a huge accomplishment because I've been on them for more than 15 years. :carrot:

WOW! Super - off the meds already, see it is working!! :carrot::carrot:
2lbs a week is a good healthy weight loss, so don't worry. I bet your doc is super excited for you! Now that your pancreas is getting a rest you will get to reset your body to react normally to insulin. Good Goin'!!

Liana

canadjineh
04-11-2014, 04:47 PM
I started in February! I'm down ~13lbs, I'll weigh in tomorrow. My losses have been much smaller and slower than others but I've been sticking with it!

I'm getting married in August and I'm committing to 135 or June 1, whichever comes first before transitioning to Phase 2. I'd love to lose another 10-15 pounds but I know I can maintain the weight I'm at right now and be happy.

Sunflwr you & are the same height (NOT in age, lol, I'm 50) - it took just over 3 months for me to lose the 32 lbs and I'm now in maintenance so when you get there message me for extra support if you wish. Are you on MFP? It helps alot with maintenance - just a hint. I'll try & follow your journey and cheer you on.
Liana

MsSelkie
04-11-2014, 05:08 PM
WOW! Super - off the meds already, see it is working!! :carrot::carrot:
2lbs a week is a good healthy weight loss, so don't worry. I bet your doc is super excited for you! Now that your pancreas is getting a rest you will get to reset your body to react normally to insulin. Good Goin'!!

Liana

BIG SILLY GRIN :D- Thank you Liana for your wonderful words of encouragement! I didn't expect a response so quickly. You MADE my DAY! My Doctor IS proud of me. His specialty is weight loss. I remember his first words to me three years ago when we first met. " Let's see if we can't get you off of most of these med's." :)

Happy Easter and have a wonderful weekend! Here's hoping we get some decent sunshine! (cheers!)

Chicnana
04-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I am considering the alternative plan, too. I feel really tired and weak all the time. I asked our school nurse to check my blood sugar and iron and they were OK. I'm wondering if I just need a little more of something. I envy the people who talk about all the energy they now have.

Hi Yayalaine! I hear ya! How I envy them too! I had been on a similar diet before for about a week (4/20gr protein shakes + veggies a day) and felt so energized, so I was expecting this time to be the same... did not happen... :(

I understand that adding these new items will not keep me in ketosis and that loses will be slower, but it's better than continuing to feel miserable and quitting alltogether! I've made my peace with that. As well, eating this way is closer to 'real' life, where obviously, we have some re-learning to do for it to become a natural state.

I will also be looking at alternative products. The cost is starting to bother me!

MsSelkie
04-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Congratulations on your engagement Sunflwr! I know you will be a beautiful bride. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jennifer Aniston?

I know it is disappointing when we compare our losses to others who are faster. I want it faster too. I keep feeling like I'm doing something wrong. But I'm being so meticulous. What keeps me going is remembering what I read in Dr Tran's Book. He says that most woman who visits him in his clinic lose an average of 1-3lbs per week. And that is healthy. So we are right on track. :) Slow & steady wins the race right? ;)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!

Patti

sunflwr816
04-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Sunflwr you & are the same height (NOT in age, lol, I'm 50) - it took just over 3 months for me to lose the 32 lbs and I'm now in maintenance so when you get there message me for extra support if you wish. Are you on MFP? It helps alot with maintenance - just a hint. I'll try & follow your journey and cheer you on.
Liana

Congratulations on your engagement Sunflwr! I know you will be a beautiful bride. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jennifer Aniston?

I know it is disappointing when we compare our losses to others who are faster. I want it faster too. I keep feeling like I'm doing something wrong. But I'm being so meticulous. What keeps me going is remembering what I read in Dr Tran's Book. He says that most woman who visits him in his clinic lose an average of 1-3lbs per week. And that is healthy. So we are right on track. :) Slow & steady wins the race right? ;)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!

Patti

Thank you both! It's so hard not to compare myself to others, especially when I'm so so eager for this weight to come off! I'm already on MFP, same username so feel free to add me!!

AmberLS
04-11-2014, 11:19 PM
I use a combo of 3 or 4 different brands. I wrote out a long list of ones that are IP compliant with net carb count, calories and fat. I have a 5 hour layover at an airport this weekend - I will message it over to you then if you want. :)

That would be great!!!

Yayalaine
04-11-2014, 11:32 PM
I understand that adding these new items will not keep me in ketosis and that loses will be slower, but it's better than continuing to feel miserable and quitting alltogether! I've made my peace with that. As well, eating this way is closer to 'real' life, where obviously, we have some re-learning to do for it to become a natural state.

I will also be looking at alternative products. The cost is starting to bother me!

Be sure to post updates about how you feel with the alternative plan. I hope it helps you feel better!

Chicnana
04-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Be sure to post updates about how you feel with the alternative plan. I hope it helps you feel better!

Thanks! Will do! Good luck to you as well!

AmberLS
04-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Just walked a 5k in an hour, goal for next year... jog

LuvA1exa
04-12-2014, 03:29 PM

Congrats AmberLS!

smallerin2014
04-12-2014, 04:47 PM

I'm with you murphypuppy. I have gotten to a place where I can go out and not be tempted to cheat (with planning ahead). In the beginning I didn't know if that would happen. I had lost 25 pounds as of WI 8. WI 9 is on Monday. Seeing the results is motivating! I have never experienced this success with any other diet program. I wish you continued success :carrot:

wildirishrose
04-12-2014, 05:14 PM
The other night we had grilled steak, and I use to LOVE A1 sauce. While today I was packing some of the leftover meat into a to go container before we headed out and apparently some of the meat had A1 sauce on it and I snuck a bite, not knowing it was an A1 piece, and it was awful! Haha funny how in such a short time period how my taste buds have changed!

AmberLS
04-13-2014, 11:42 PM
So anyone else get TOM every other week, as in TOM for a week, stop for a week then tom for a week.. seriously tonight marks the end of week 8 and well I think this is my 5th TOM.... and I don't mean a little spotting! I know it's a good sign and that makes it slightly less irritating.

lisa32989
04-14-2014, 09:10 AM

Fantastic!
I love small goals. Some people would want to go from walking 5K to marathon in a year and push too hard too fast and end up with sports injuries. I had to go REALLY slow due to muscle weakness and back pain. Not sure if running is for my body type but a nice brisk walk is!

The great thing about IP is low carb lowers inflammation in the body, which can reduce injury as well

Congrats!

Pat Konopski
04-14-2014, 10:08 AM
That would be great!!!

AmberTS - I could use an alternative list as well - this diet is breaking me.
I don't have enough posts to private message you. Are we able to lose weight and eat food in moderation in the future like lasagna, etc. I want to lose weight and keep it off; however, to eat food in moderation later sounds like it wont be possible.

Pat Konopski
04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Some other products have different flavors of coffee drinks and mixing with iced coffee makes them so wonderful. Same carbs and sugar.

ChipnDip
04-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Last week I was surrounded by temptations and I ignored them. A three day tournament this past weekend and I planned and packed for it. Today I am really struggling. I am sure I am just tired. But I always step on the scale Mo day morning (WI day is Wednesday) and it hasn't budged. So disappointing. I also have to watch myself and my mood. The lack of calories and low blood sugar sure can turn me nasty pretty quick.

I know I will snap out if it after dinner when I have a hot meal. My soup at lunch just wasn't enough.

ChipnDip
04-14-2014, 03:53 PM
So anyone else get TOM every other week, as in TOM for a week, stop for a week then tom for a week.. seriously tonight marks the end of week 8 and well I think this is my 5th TOM.... and I don't mean a little spotting! I know it's a good sign and that makes it slightly less irritating.

Not exactly the same but I was barely having TOM every 3 months before IP. In 8 weeks I have had it 3 times. The only good thing is it doesn't appear to effect the scale for me. But it is still a pain!

danilynn
04-14-2014, 03:58 PM
my doc says that spotting is normal.. i on the other hand do not think its normal. lol. So mine have been where i spot for 1.5 weeks, then full TOM comes and it only hangs for 3 days then i am done. In the beginning when i started, i think it was because of the diet, my body getting used to the hormones or lack there of etc, now that i have been dieting consistently for 2 months.. the spotting is starting to get less and less.

AmberLS
04-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Fantastic!
I love small goals. Some people would want to go from walking 5K to marathon in a year and push too hard too fast and end up with sports injuries. I had to go REALLY slow due to muscle weakness and back pain. Not sure if running is for my body type but a nice brisk walk is!

The great thing about IP is low carb lowers inflammation in the body, which can reduce injury as well

Congrats!

Ya I started this because I have some major back problems and they were looking at surgery, but I feel great. Not a back pain in 6 weeks or more. Walking a 5k was big and I wasn't even sore after. I don't think any marathons are in my future but if I could jog a 5k that would be an amazing leap of health.

AmberLS
04-15-2014, 12:06 AM
AmberTS - I could use an alternative list as well - this diet is breaking me.
I don't have enough posts to private message you. Are we able to lose weight and eat food in moderation in the future like lasagna, etc. I want to lose weight and keep it off; however, to eat food in moderation later sounds like it wont be possible.

murphypuppy posted the list on the alternatives page! I saved it on my computer. It was a huge help when ordering today!

AmberLS
04-15-2014, 12:10 AM
my doc says that spotting is normal.. i on the other hand do not think its normal. lol. So mine have been where i spot for 1.5 weeks, then full TOM comes and it only hangs for 3 days then i am done. In the beginning when i started, i think it was because of the diet, my body getting used to the hormones or lack there of etc, now that i have been dieting consistently for 2 months.. the spotting is starting to get less and less.

My doc informed me about it and says that losing fat means losing the hormones stored in fat. I don't spot, I literally have a period they are actually heavier then the periods I normally have off IP. I'm even on birth control (to control hormones) but I think I'm going quit taking the birth control it seem pointless since it's not controlling anything lol.

texaschick0925
04-15-2014, 10:14 AM
My doc informed me about it and says that losing fat means losing the hormones stored in fat. I don't spot, I literally have a period they are actually heavier then the periods I normally have off IP. I'm even on birth control (to control hormones) but I think I'm going quit taking the birth control it seem pointless since it's not controlling anything lol.

Wow.....I have experienced this too. Glad I'm not the only one.....was starting to think something was wrong. I asked my Doctor about it too last Friday and she said the same thing. Mine are heavier, a lot heavier and a lot longer than a normal period. I guess we should be happy though, since we are still losing and losing how we are supposed too. I am on birth control too (got on them when I was 17 because of cramping and heavy periods) and it's not helping me either. Definetly glad to hear this is happening to other people though!

danilynn
04-15-2014, 10:22 AM

lol ya i hear ya. Birth control and I have this love hate relationship. I cant take BC anymore because I get to much of whatever hormone is in those. Even if its a low dosage i still go :dizzy: So the doc decided i was not meant for BC. My TOM was heavier before IP, since IP its been 'normal' but my days are short.

AmberLS
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Ya it's pretty much the suckiest thing about this diet! I keep getting caught off guard, I'm always at work or out somewhere when it decides to show up and I don't carry a purse or anything so I don't have anything with me on hand, gotta go to the car or ask. LOL

gnalosit
04-15-2014, 10:38 AM
I started Feb 8th and I am down 30 lbs as of Sunday. I had two weeks of travel during the last 8 weeks where I wasn't 100% so I am super happy with my results so far. 30lbs off feels great, I can't wait to see what 60 feels like!

Great job everyone, so motivating to see everyone doing so well.

I have also been considering alternatives. Even after seeing all the great results from people using them, I am still a bit scared. Thinking I might transition off in a few weeks. Would much rather spend that money on some new clothes!

texaschick0925
04-15-2014, 11:02 AM
I started Feb 8th and I am down 30 lbs as of Sunday. I had two weeks of travel during the last 8 weeks where I wasn't 100% so I am super happy with my results so far. 30lbs off feels great, I can't wait to see what 60 feels like!

Great job everyone, so motivating to see everyone doing so well.

I have also been considering alternatives. Even after seeing all the great results from people using them, I am still a bit scared. Thinking I might transition off in a few weeks. Would much rather spend that money on some new clothes!

30 lbs in 9 weeks feels amazing doesn't it! I am at 41 lbs in 10.5 weeks! I can't imagine 60 either! I do alternative shakes but still use IP bars and chips for my "lunches". It is definetly a good feeling buying smaller clothes and new outfits! Keep up the good work!!

Johnsdeere
04-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone!
I didn't start in February...but really close, January 29th to be exact. Thus far I have lost 44lbs. Lovin' IP and I'm feeling fabulous. I follow IP using alternatives, always have. Nashua nutrition and Target are my go to places for the alternative bars and shakes. Congrats to all of you and your weight loss!!

kontesanera
04-15-2014, 01:49 PM
I have only had one period and few days of spotting. I guess everybody is different.

I am not planning to quit my clinic, but will be stopping by Walmart to get a pack of those EAS shakes just to have in case I need an extra. I do not mind the IP food and I don't think I can do this on my own, I really need the accountability. I just hate spending my money on supplements.

Btw, I really do like IP, the results of this diet are incredible.

jodmarsha
04-15-2014, 06:59 PM
I started February 28 - so just squeezed in to be included in this forum.

Start 331.1

Week 1 - 15.2
Week 2 - 3.3
Week 3 - 2.9
Week 4 - 4.8
Week 5 - 2.0
Week 6 - 2.4
Week 7 - 3.5

34.1 lbs (average of 4.87 lbs a week)

Still a long way to go with another 107 pounds to lose ...

AmberLS
04-15-2014, 07:24 PM
I have only had one period and few days of spotting. I guess everybody is different.

I am not planning to quit my clinic, but will be stopping by Walmart to get a pack of those EAS shakes just to have in case I need an extra. I do not mind the IP food and I don't think I can do this on my own, I really need the accountability. I just hate spending my money on supplements.

I love the IP food, that's why I'm concerned about going to alternatives, I found "diet food" I actually like, I'm scared I won't like alternatives.. which is why I've chosen to order some and weave them in to see how I like them and then hopefully find some alternatives I like. I am not a fan of the eas shakes, I have some in my fridge, they aren't terrible but for P1 when I'm strictly OP doing 3 items a day I can't do them, when I'm on p2-p3 or maintenance they will work, when I don't have to think about many of them a day. My coach is right that it's important to have variety and it's important to find things you like. :)

murphypuppy
04-17-2014, 01:12 AM
I love the IP food, that's why I'm concerned about going to alternatives, I found "diet food" I actually like, I'm scared I won't like alternatives.. which is why I've chosen to order some and weave them in to see how I like them and then hopefully find some alternatives I like. I am not a fan of the eas shakes, I have some in my fridge, they aren't terrible but for P1 when I'm strictly OP doing 3 items a day I can't do them, when I'm on p2-p3 or maintenance they will work, when I don't have to think about many of them a day. My coach is right that it's important to have variety and it's important to find things you like. :)

So far, I've liked the taste of proti-diet over ideal protein... And I really like that for $130 I can get a months worth of food so I can afford to try many things that I might not have at $30 per box...

sunflwr816
04-17-2014, 08:03 AM

You're not alone! I'm down (almost) 15 lbs and I've only bled once. I was diagnosed with secondary amenorrhea a few years ago, so that one period was a surprise!!

I love the EAS shakes, choc fudge and strawberry especially. Recently, I've read people talking about a caramel/coffee one but I haven't seen those anywhere...

MarylandMom
04-17-2014, 09:30 AM
You're not alone! I'm down (almost) 15 lbs and I've only bled once. I was diagnosed with secondary amenorrhea a few years ago, so that one period was a surprise!!

I love the EAS shakes, choc fudge and strawberry especially. Recently, I've read people talking about a caramel/coffee one but I haven't seen those anywhere...

I found the caramel/coffee (they are called caramel creme) :carrot:one at Target...it's delicious! And they were on sale last week too! SCORE!

canadjineh
04-17-2014, 08:56 PM

I did a combo with 1 or 2 IP items a day and my Vega Protein smoothie made with water for the rest. Makes it a little cheaper and still works on plan. I have to be gluten free though so some of the alternatives from other companies won't work for me.

It can be done though, I think there is a specific thread for that too.

AmberLS
04-17-2014, 09:15 PM
So far, I've liked the taste of proti-diet over ideal protein... And I really like that for $130 I can get a months worth of food so I can afford to try many things that I might not have at $30 per box...

So far I have liked the protidiet and protithin stuff I've tried, I'm slowly interweaving it all together till I go totally alternative next month. So far I have liked everything I've tried and some of it better. I would have spent that 1200 on nashu had I known about it first! LOL, but the coaching was good to start, now I'm pretty sure I can do this!

AmberLS
04-21-2014, 12:35 AM
How'd my fellow Februarians fair through Easter?

ChipnDip
04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
No sweat! Although I did have a dream that I ate not one but two pieces of cake last night!

wildirishrose
04-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Easter wasn't a problem, however the day before we had a birthday party and I ate not 1 but THREE slices of pizza. DOH! Meh, back on track and eagerly awaiting my first order from Nashua!

murphypuppy
04-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Easter was good... Thanks to this diet, I was able to fit into a super cute dress for services! Woke up this morning and (yay) I'm out of the 180's!!!!!

AmberLS
04-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Well I stayed op, (minus the 2 extra hard boiled eggs anyway) disappointed today though my loss this week is only a pound.

wildirishrose
04-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Well I stayed op, (minus the 2 extra hard boiled eggs anyway) disappointed today though my loss this week is only a pound.

Just hard boiled eggs? You can use eggs as your protein....at least I have done it and still lost! :D

LuvA1exa
04-21-2014, 01:18 PM
I stayed OP thru the weekend. Did yard work yesterday so had one extra packet and a lot more water. We had beautiful weather in Virginia.

Easter wasn't a problem, however the day before we had a birthday party and I ate not 1 but THREE slices of pizza. DOH!

wildirishrose - I am not letting myself near pizza or anything else like it. I would fall off the wagon in a heartbeat. I applaud you for getting right back on!

canadjineh
04-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Easter was good... Thanks to this diet, I was able to fit into a super cute dress for services! Woke up this morning and (yay) I'm out of the 180's!!!!!

YAAAAAY! Lookin HAWT!
:cp::flame::flame::cheer2::cheer2::flame::flame: :cp:

Liana

texaschick0925
04-21-2014, 04:02 PM
I DIDN'T EAT ANY EASTER CANDY!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

My daughter had 4 Easter Egg hunts and came home with a ton of candy and I had the willpower to not eat anything, AMAZING!!

I went over on the protein I ate, but other than that, still on plan and didn't gain ANYTHING!! So excited! First major holiday I made it through!

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

AmberLS
04-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Just hard boiled eggs? You can use eggs as your protein....at least I have done it and still lost! :D

I had the eggs and my protein lol so it wasn't the end of the world!

ChipnDip
04-21-2014, 08:56 PM
I wish today had been as easy as my weekend. On Good Friday I slept most of the day away. No energy at all but figured it was a very busy week catching up to me. The rest of the weekend was great. Today, back at work and I had zero energy. Couldn't get anything done. I was finer before work. The only change was I didn't stop and buy my tea this morning. I hate to think that would have such an impact. I was so tempted to just eat something off plan. But I didn't.

I had my comfort food - extra lean hamburger patty and feel just fine again. Next time, I'll just go and have my dinner for lunch. And tomorrow I won't skip my tea!

SusaninTexas
04-21-2014, 11:26 PM
I joined 2-21-14. I've lost 29 pounds and I've done well, but Easter was hard. Flying with girlfriends this week, will be gone 4 days and not sure how to navigate successfully. We will be eating out almost every meal in a city I'm not familiar with. Would appreciate advice!

canadjineh
04-22-2014, 12:02 AM
I joined 2-21-14. I've lost 29 pounds and I've done well, but Easter was hard. Flying with girlfriends this week, will be gone 4 days and not sure how to navigate successfully. We will be eating out almost every meal in a city I'm not familiar with. Would appreciate advice!

Breakfasts are easy - your IP packet like Peach mango or Pina Colada along with your morning coffee while the girls eat whatever. Take your shaker cup.

Lunch can be an veggie omelette no cheese with side vegetables, or a green salad with grilled chicken breast on top. Bring containers of your ACV, Soy Sauce, and ask for EVOO at the table if you think they have it. Remember you can top things with a bit of fresh salsa.

Dinner is best at a steakhouse kind of place where you can order your meat a-la-cart and whatever veggies & salad you wish. Or if you are kicking back at the hotel - get a package of crudités at the grocery and while the girls are having a drink, make up your own mocktail with IP drink packet mixed and added to a bit of sparkling water.

You can go online to access restaurants at your city destination and look at their menus - start NOW with a bit of research then you can make the suggestions as to where to eat meals.

It can be done - just take your shaker cup & all IP packets you think you might need like drinks, puddings, restricted bars, and soup mixes if you have access to a microwave.

Have fun, but be smart and remember your goals... :D
Liana

kontesanera
04-22-2014, 01:35 PM
After "Crashing and Burning" on Easter I was, thankfully, able to get back on the IP horse the following day. I am not going to beat myself up over Easter, it is important to focus on the staying 100% OP from this point on. I did learn something about myself that so scared me - once I gave myself the permission to eat whatever I wanted on Sunday, I could not stop myself. There was no moderation, it was pure gluttony. I really need to work on my inner voices and urge to overeat.

SusaninTexas
04-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I had not even considered an omelet for lunch, sounds perfect!

Yayalaine
04-23-2014, 07:56 AM

My husband and I are planning a June trip and I have been looking at www.urbanspoon.com and www.tripadvisor.com to get ideas for good restaurants in the areas we will be visiting. Then, I go to the restaurant websites to look at the menus. I'm typing a list of restaurants, their addresses, and their phone numbers to take with us. Under each listing, I'm typing some menu items that appeal to me and meet OP guidelines. I'm hoping that will help me stay OP while traveling.

texaschick0925
04-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?!

AmberLS
04-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Not having a good couple of weeks, so far I've been bouncing around over the same few pounds.

sunflwr816
04-25-2014, 12:39 AM
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?!

As of my weigh-in on Saturday 4/19, I am halfway to goal! 15 more pound to go. And on Easter, I cheated for the first time since starting IP - I had a piece of my Mom's homemade chocolate ricotta pie (great grandmother's recipe). She only makes it once a year, and I still have absolutely no regrets about eating it :lol: As of Monday, I've been 100% OP again.

I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm already down another pound since Saturday, so I guess the pie didn't mess me up too bad...

ChipnDip
04-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Pretty good. Monday was hard. I felt so tired. I wanted to just eat something for the first time since I started IP. I was in a store trying to find something that wouldn't throw me off completely. I really wanted peanuts for some reason. But I read labels and wouldn't let myself do it. I did have a few sips of a diet Pepsi. I didn't even finish it the can. I know, aspartame is very bad but it got me through.

wildirishrose
04-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Today was my first weigh in after switching to alternative products. I am down 3 pounds! Kind of incredible because it's TOM. I am so happy! I am officially 161 pounds, and yesterday I had to buy new work pants (as the ones I currently wear are in serious danger of falling down!) I told the sales associate that my current pants were a 14 but I didn't feel as if I was a 12 yet, she was super nice and brought me a bunch of different pants in various sizes. ALL of the 11/12s fit! I also bought 3 shirts size medium! I NEVER thought I'd be in a medium again!

texaschick0925
04-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Today was my first weigh in after switching to alternative products. I am down 3 pounds! Kind of incredible because it's TOM. I am so happy! I am officially 161 pounds, and yesterday I had to buy new work pants (as the ones I currently wear are in serious danger of falling down!) I told the sales associate that my current pants were a 14 but I didn't feel as if I was a 12 yet, she was super nice and brought me a bunch of different pants in various sizes. ALL of the 11/12s fit! I also bought 3 shirts size medium! I NEVER thought I'd be in a medium again!

AWESOME FEELING ISN'T IT!!

I had to buy some 12's a few weeks ago because my 16's and 14's were too big. I tried on 3 pairs of size 10 black pants that were in my closet (for work) this morning and all three fit! Have not been able to wear them in almost 9 years!! I am also buying medium shirts! This makes it all worth it!!

Keep up the great work!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

canadjineh
04-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Good going you guys, ESPECIALLY AmberLS & ChipnDip for keepin' on :hug:!!
Hang on all and don't forget your NSV's - Get out and get some fresh spring air... some of you may need to bundle up first but that's OK - Just Do It! (sorry, Nike)

:woohoo:

Liana

texaschick0925
04-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Good going you guys, ESPECIALLY AmberLS & ChipnDip for keepin' on :hug:!!
Hang on all and don't forget your NSV's - Get out and get some fresh spring air... some of you may need to bundle up first but that's OK - Just Do It! (sorry, Nike)

:woohoo:

Liana

Can you tell me what NSV's are? I keep seeing that written everywhere!

Thanks!

canadjineh
04-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Can you tell me what NSV's are? I keep seeing that written everywhere!

Thanks!

Non Scale Victories (anything you can see improvement in EXCEPT the number on the scale, ie: inches, blood sugar/lipids, energy, compliments from friends or strangers, having to buy new jeans, able to climb the stairs without huffing & puffing for the first time, etc :D

Yayalaine
04-25-2014, 03:07 PM
My husband and I are going "camping" this weekend... not in camper or a tent, but in a state park cabin. This is the first time I've ever taken turnips, spinach, and salad!! I guess I could put some roasted turnip roots between some spinach leaves and call it IP S'mores!! Haha!

ChipnDip
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
My DH just joined me OP and is already dreading going to the cottage with no roasted hot dogs over the campfire. I'm hoping he will be down a few pounds and a little more motivated. I think the cottage makes life easy. Relaxed days, grilling everything on the BBQ for dinner

dowey16
04-26-2014, 02:04 AM
I started IP Feb 26th and as of Tuesday I was down total of 26lbs which just blows my mind!! My biggest challenge with the program is that I work 12hr shift work and I really find it hard when I work night shifts. I really don't want to eat salads or veg at 3a.m. Another challenge I am having the last 2 weeks is my vitamins and such. I am hoping to reach my 1st goal of being down to 170lbs by the end of May :)

AmberLS
04-26-2014, 02:13 AM
I think I finally broke free of that pound I was gaining and losing over the last two weeks! It's a gone pound now, along with another one! My under 200 goal is still in sight before my trip. 16lb and I will be 199.8 lol

ChipnDip
04-26-2014, 07:42 AM
I think I finally broke free of that pound I was gaining and losing over the last two weeks! It's a gone pound now, along with another one! My under 200 goal is still in sight before my trip. 16lb and I will be 199.8 lol

Yeah!!

kontesanera
04-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Despite eating off plan for Easter, I lost 1.2 lbs and inches went down in all areas. I was also constipated prior to weigh in, so I know that made a difference on the scale. I am not complaining as I have no had a 0 week or gain week as of yet (knock on wood). As long as the scale is going south, it is all good.

I tried my first "alternative" two days ago. I got Pure Protein rtd shakes at Walmart. It will be okay to have occasionally when I am on the road for work, but cannot make a habit of it as all the RTD shakes a milk based and that aggravates my stomach. I have found the IP unrestricted crisps to work really well when I am driving around the entire day for work. I will have them for lunch and sometimes even snack, and then will eat all my veggies for dinner.

Hope you all have a great OP weekend!

livinthelife
04-26-2014, 12:33 PM
I ate off plan on Easter and it snowballed into Monday. As of Tuesday I was back OP. I only lost 0.2 at my Friday weigh-in. Even though it was a waste of my money for the week, I feel like I learned how to stop and get back OP. Normally one off day could throw me off for weeks so I'm proud of myself for not letting that happen.

dowey16
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Hope everyone is still having a great month and ready for more great losses in May :D I had my WI today down another 1lb which was great :carrot: . Looking forward to a great May!

Johnsdeere
04-30-2014, 03:52 PM
I have to say.....it's been 13 weeks and I am blown away with how much I've lost. Do you all feel the same way? I've almost lost 50lbs!? Crazy!! I'm loving the diet and I'm really loving how I'm feeling. This has been so worthwhile for me in so many ways.

I hope all is well with everyone else!

ChipnDip
04-30-2014, 03:58 PM
even with a disappointing loss this week (-1) I am still on average losing 3.5 lbs a week. Can't beat that!

wildirishrose
04-30-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm feeling really sick lately and I'm not sure why. The last couple of days I've been dizzy and lightheaded and today my stomach just hurts. Not like I'm - going - to - puke hurt, I don't know how to describe it. I've recently switched to alternative products, but I don't think that's issue....I would like to lay off the supplements for a few days to see if it's them. And I should probably go get a pregnancy test too....

kontesanera
04-30-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm feeling really sick lately and I'm not sure why. The last couple of days I've been dizzy and lightheaded and today my stomach just hurts. Not like I'm - going - to - puke hurt, I don't know how to describe it. I've recently switched to alternative products, but I don't think that's issue....I would like to lay off the supplements for a few days to see if it's them. And I should probably go get a pregnancy test too....

If it makes you feel any better, I felt dizzy and lightheaded when I have taken my supplements on an empty stomach or without food.

ChipnDip
04-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Are you getting your salt in? That wouldn't effect your stomach but the symptoms could be unrelated. I definitely know I'm not pregnant. Third TOM in 11 weeks!

I hope your pregnancy test results are whatever you want them to be!

jodmarsha
05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Hi Feb IPers

I am on my 10th week (weigh in tomorrow) and have a question:

Does anyone else use Ketostix (measures ketones)? Up until this week I have been in the small to moderate range and now I am in the moderate to large range.

I am also getting dizzy when I lay down or get up suddenly.

I will talk to my coach about it this week - but wanted to know if anyone else had experiences this as well.

Cheers
Jodie

Week 1 - 15.2
Week 2 - 3.3
Week 3 - 2.9
Week 4 - 4.8
Week 5 - 2.0
Week 6 - 2.4
Week 7 - 3.5
Week 8 - 2.9
Week 9 - 4.9

41.9 lbs (average of 4.65 lbs a week)

wildirishrose
05-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Well I've been off the vitamins for half a day and maybe it's in my head but I haven't been dizzy at all today. I'm not sure what to do at this point...

texaschick0925
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Well I have officially screwed up......

I have been on a two day carb binge, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

I am so mad at myself....I've had everything from donuts to pizza - I know I've gained at least 3-5 pounds in the last two days. Have had 3 sodas!

I have been on this program for so long, why now?! I don't even know what triggered it.

All I know to do is get back on track tomorrow, and don't turn back. This is ALWAYS how my weight has come back!!

Someone HELP!! This cannot be happening again!!

:?::mad::?::mad::?::mad::?::mad::?::mad:

canadjineh
05-01-2014, 02:45 PM

I am so mad at myself....I've had everything from donuts to pizza - I know I've gained at least 3-5 pounds in the last two days. Have had 3 sodas!

I have been on this program for so long, why now?! I don't even know what triggered it.

All I know to do is get back on track tomorrow, and don't turn back. This is ALWAYS how my weight has come back!!

Deep slow breath here texaschick.... Just realize that it won't be 3-5 lb of actual fat, there is a lot of water involved when you eat this way...
NOT back on track tomorrow - BACK ON TRACK NOW! :frypan::kickbutt: You can still do well for the rest of your day.

Look back over the past couple days & try to figure out your triggers - emotions/feelings, situations, comments from family/friends?? Journal stuff if you have to, then you can see the correlation between these things and a carb binge and hopefully head it off next time.

:carrot:CONGRATS for stopping at only 2 days and not getting caught up in pity & the "oh, well, I've blown it now, I may as well quit for good" way of thinking.

We have faith in you, keep goin' you WILL succeed! :hug:

Liana

dowey16
05-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I agree Texaschick, get back at it right away and just put it behind you and be proud of yourself for only carbbing for the two days.

AmberLS
05-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Has anyone else having struggles lately? I've stayed OP but this week I've had lot's of almost moments. I've almost "cheated" more times. I had a day yesterday where I just felt totally famished! I was starving. I was so worried I had somehow gotten out of ketosis (maybe just by thinking about eating the stupid cookie) anyway it's been rough.

Ruth Ann
05-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Hi Feb IPers

I am on my 10th week (weigh in tomorrow) and have a question:

Does anyone else use Ketostix (measures ketones)? Up until this week I have been in the small to moderate range and now I am in the moderate to large range.

I am also getting dizzy when I lay down or get up suddenly.

I will talk to my coach about it this week - but wanted to know if anyone else had experiences this as well.

The range of ketones that matter are largely irrelevant from what I understand. As long they are measurable you are in ketosis. Be aware though that as your body becomes more efficient at burning them you will register as none. Don't panic when that happens - it's totally normal.

As far as the dizziness goes - are you getting all your salt in? Really important to do so. When I got dizzy I would just lick it off my hand and then drink a large glass of water - worked every time.

texaschick0925
05-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Okay ladies! Thank you for the support!!

Today is a new day!! I am up drinking coffee and this day is going to be so much better than the last few!

I still can't believe I did this, but it's over and done! No more carb loading for me, I feel horrible! This is not a good feeling, and I don't want this to happen again! I'm going to drink more water and get back on track!

emilysc
05-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Good morning, I am new here and haven't posted, but I want to thank everyone for having this site and daily thread. So many ideas and support that you don't even realize you are giving. I won't hide out anymore. I've been on IP since Feb 14th. It's been great, but the last week or so I just want to eat everything carb-y. I haven't, but I WANT to. I'm not though because the weight loss and the fantastic way I feel are too important to give up. But to those that are struggling, you aren't alone. I remember one of the IP videos early on that talked about playing around with little "cheats". How it wears down your willpower to always be thinking if a little of this or a little of that won't matter. Just the mental debate causes the loss in willpower. So stick to the protocol and enjoy your losses. It's a great program!

livinthelife
05-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Good morning, I am new here and haven't posted, but I want to thank everyone for having this site and daily thread. So many ideas and support that you don't even realize you are giving. I won't hide out anymore. I've been on IP since Feb 14th. It's been great, but the last week or so I just want to eat everything carb-y. I haven't, but I WANT to. I'm not though because the weight loss and the fantastic way I feel are too important to give up. But to those that are struggling, you aren't alone. I remember one of the IP videos early on that talked about playing around with little "cheats". How it wears down your willpower to always be thinking if a little of this or a little of that won't matter. Just the mental debate causes the loss in willpower. So stick to the protocol and enjoy your losses. It's a great program!

Emily, I started on Feb 16th and I have been experiencing the same exact thing! Especially the last 2 days. I allowed a few tiny non-carb cheats this week and I paid for it on the scale today with only a 0.8 loss. You're so right about that IP video. The little cheats has led me to thinking about bigger ones. I'm shutting this down right now. No more little cheats. Thanks for your post. I really needed this today.

catlady1981
05-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I started on Feb. 26th. Have been 100% the whole time. Dropped out of ketosis for about 3 weeks because I had too many carbs from restricted once a day and too much romaine. But now back in and doing great!

murphypuppy
05-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Has anyone else having struggles lately? I've stayed OP but this week I've had lot's of almost moments. I've almost "cheated" more times. I had a day yesterday where I just felt totally famished! I was starving. I was so worried I had somehow gotten out of ketosis (maybe just by thinking about eating the stupid cookie) anyway it's been rough.

I felt that way a couple weeks ago... Awful cravings! I almost caved and went out for pizza and beer one night. Stayed strong but it was so hard! Thank goodness those cravings went away! I dealt with it by going to bed early a lot... Sending you willpower!!!

lisa32989
05-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I started on Feb. 26th. Have been 100% the whole time. Dropped out of ketosis for about 3 weeks because I had too many carbs from restricted once a day and too much romaine. But now back in and doing great!

One day like that wouldn't drop someone out of Ketosis for 3 weeks.

Lettuce is unlimited and one restricted per day is OP. Only a small number of people are so carb sensitive they can't have restricteds. For most of us, a planned treat (one restricted) helps keep us OP

AmberLS
05-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Still battling cravings and hunger. It shocks me that almost 12 weeks OP and I'm struggling harder now than at any other time. I remember my coach saying at some point "I know you're not hungry now, but remember you will be again" I wonder if this is what he meant and if so he could have warned me that it'd be worse than during transition... It's been a week or more now. I keep thinking TOM must be coming cause it's so bad, but no sign of TOM yet, which is also weird since I was having TOM like every other week and now I've had nothing for a couple weeks and its my regularly scheduled TOM time! Then I start thinking that maybe it's because I switched to alternatives... my losses have slowed a little and maybe I've done something wrong with alternatives... but so many others use them that I can't imagine they wouldn't work for me... pffffft the diet is starting to play mind games on me. I don't know if I'm weakening mentally I don't know if everyone experiences this, I just know that I want desperately to lose 12 more lbs and meet onederland before my vacation.. I know I know my body will decide. But darn it I WANT it!!!! I have worked hard and I deserve it. If my body wants to have a slump it can weight till I weigh 199lbs!!!! SHEESH lol

AmberLS
05-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Oh and I guess I should note I haven't fully switched to alternatives, I use both! :)

ChipnDip
05-03-2014, 01:44 PM
One day like that wouldn't drop someone out of Ketosis for 3 weeks.

Lettuce is unlimited and one restricted per day is OP. Only a small number of people are so carb sensitive they can't have restricteds. For most of us, a planned treat (one restricted) helps keep us OP

I have been having a very foggy brain lately. Really absent minded and not thinking clearly. Yesterday in a rush to get out the door I grabbed a bar, which I never do. In the afternoon, again in a rush I ate my fave lemon wafers. Later that night I realized I had two restricted?:faint: plus having one of the occasional veggies last night at dinner!

I was so worried that I did a ketostix this morning and all is still good. Phew!

ChipnDip
05-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Oh and I guess I should note I haven't fully switched to alternatives, I use both! :)

I bought alternatives for DH so I ended up mixing some into my program too and I had my lowest loss ever. Could be coincidence. It was TOM for me too but it has made me second guess myself and other than one bar, I have stayed all IP since my last WI.

canadjineh
05-03-2014, 03:37 PM
:hug: Hang on AmberLS & Chipndip! :hug: Don't give up now, this is only temporary, there WILL BE more progress, even if you feel crappy at the moment.

Liana

krazyredhead
05-03-2014, 03:55 PM
I started this program with less than super enthusiasm. Last year I lost 45 lbs low carbing, gained it back as quickly as I lost it. I need a knee replacement and my doctor is convinced weight loss will help. I dont think it will, but thats a whole other subject. I am now down 33 lbs, still not fired up, but I think I will get there :-) I chose the IP program because of the maintenance,I can lose, but keeping it off is the key. I have lost 18" inches total off of my body, so that is encouraging.

krazyredhead
05-03-2014, 03:57 PM
krazyredhead@rocketmail.com

Yayalaine
05-03-2014, 04:47 PM

It seems that several of us (that started in February) have hit this big craving urge at about the same time. Maybe something just happens about this far into the diet... I just know that I don't want to give up and I don't want to gain back what I had lost. I had a three day carb binge this week and feel sick about it. Emotionally and physically. It triggered a migraine, even. I am also getting back on track. Like you, I don't like feeling this way.

We are stronger than we know! Don't give up! Think of other areas in your like that you have accomplished big goals and achievements and know that you can do the same with weight loss.

I'm jumping back on track, too. We can do it!

AmberLS
05-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Maybe there is something... like a 10-12 week wall, I know that there is a lag in the 4-6 week somewhere for most. Between slowed losses, hunger, ridiculous cravings, almost slip ups, and almost feeling a little depressed it's just not my couple of weeks. I really hope Tom is starting soon just because at least then it makes since. However I so far have had my biggest losses the week before and the week of TOM so who knows what is going on. I'll just keep trucking a long.

ChipnDip
05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
A bit of diet fatigue I suppose but this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and if I fall back on junk food and what is easy in maintenance all this work will be for nothing.

I just survived watching people eat a whole bunch of things that I won't mention here because I don't want to entice anyone. At first I was jealous. And then I looked at how every one of them was extremely overweight and I don't want to look like that anymore! I enjoyed my chicken without skin and salad. Home now and cooking my veggies. Deciding what IP treat I will have.

AmberLS
05-03-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm trying hard not to deprive my children of what's good for them, but cutting up that watermelon today almost spelled disaster!

canadjineh
05-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm trying hard not to deprive my children of what's good for them, but cutting up that watermelon today almost spelled disaster!

It's OK Amber, you are getting closer to goal, you will be able to work in the fruit on Phase 3 & maintenance ;)

AmberLS
05-04-2014, 02:21 PM
I know I can't wait for phase 3!!!! I could probably live off of phase 3 with an occasional fun day lol I miss fruit more than ANYTHING on this diet, in fact fruit and a glass of wine is about the only two things I miss. I'm glad I found IP. I'm excited to see how well I maintain. I'm going to move my goal though I think... we'll see how well I get to the 170 and I may opt for 20 more lbs so I fall in the healthy weight zone.

dowey16
05-04-2014, 02:42 PM
A lot of you girls are a week or two ahead of me so it is good to read about what it to come with the expected cravings in the next couple of weeks so I can be prepared. I have had feelings of thinking how tasty something would be but not really craving something. I am hoping that it stays this way and not full blown cravings!

texaschick0925
05-05-2014, 11:51 AM
It seems that several of us (that started in February) have hit this big craving urge at about the same time. Maybe something just happens about this far into the diet... I just know that I don't want to give up and I don't want to gain back what I had lost. I had a three day carb binge this week and feel sick about it. Emotionally and physically. It triggered a migraine, even. I am also getting back on track. Like you, I don't like feeling this way.

We are stronger than we know! Don't give up! Think of other areas in your like that you have accomplished big goals and achievements and know that you can do the same with weight loss.

I'm jumping back on track, too. We can do it!

Go you! Yes, it reminded me of the days when I used to eat like that all the time. The difference with this diet is that every other one I would give up.....I got back on track and am sticking with this! I hate feeling like that!

You don't give up either, we've got this!! I can't go back to 230!!!!

I grilled a bunch of stuff last night for the week to help keep me on track, it always seems to help when I plan out my meals. I was so mad at myself for going back to my old ways! But I think it was a huge eye opener....I still feel kinda blah, but I'm hoping by the end of the week it will be better. I love the feeling when I am on plan 100%! I am going to take it day by day!!!

Hang in there!!

texaschick0925
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
A lot of you girls are a week or two ahead of me so it is good to read about what it to come with the expected cravings in the next couple of weeks so I can be prepared. I have had feelings of thinking how tasty something would be but not really craving something. I am hoping that it stays this way and not full blown cravings!

Don't cheat......it really isn't worth it. I learned a huge lesson last week. It was mostly water weight but I gained almost 8 lbs within 2 days of carb loading! UGH!!! I was so mad at myself!! I am down 5 of those pounds, but that means no loss for two weeks and I was losing so good!!

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!

jodmarsha
05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
The range of ketones that matter are largely irrelevant from what I understand. As long they are measurable you are in ketosis. Be aware though that as your body becomes more efficient at burning them you will register as none. Don't panic when that happens - it's totally normal.

As far as the dizziness goes - are you getting all your salt in? Really important to do so. When I got dizzy I would just lick it off my hand and then drink a large glass of water - worked every time.

Thank you so much ...

My coach also recommended some more salt and the IP Mangosteen Water Enhancer - and voila! the dizziness went.

I had an interesting weigh in last week.

I lost 2.1 pounds however in the body composition analysis I lost 5.7lbs of body fat and gain 3.6lbs of lean body mass.

Total weight lost in 10 weeks = 44.1 lbs!

canadjineh
05-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I grilled a bunch of stuff last night for the week to help keep me on track, it always seems to help when I plan out my meals. I was so mad at myself for going back to my old ways! But I think it was a huge eye opener....I still feel kinda blah, but I'm hoping by the end of the week it will be better. I love the feeling when I am on plan 100%! I am going to take it day by day!!!

Hang in there!!

I had an interesting weigh in last week.

I lost 2.1 pounds however in the body composition analysis I lost 5.7lbs of body fat and gain 3.6lbs of lean body mass.

Total weight lost in 10 weeks = 44.1 lbs!

Yaaaay, jodmarsha!! :carrot::carrot:

Good going to get back on plan, texaschick - preparation is the key! and you've got this!
:carrot::carrot:

Liana

ashjoy86
05-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I started February 26, but I'm only down 19lbs :?: I'm feeling a little discouraged lately. I feel like I should be losing more than I have each week, but my coach keeps hounding me to stop comparing my weight loss to others. I know, I know...but it's so hard!!

canadjineh
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I started February 26, but I'm only down 19lbs :?: I'm feeling a little discouraged lately. I feel like I should be losing more than I have each week, but my coach keeps hounding me to stop comparing my weight loss to others. I know, I know...but it's so hard!!

You are doing well, ashjoy86... you don't really have much to lose and it will come off slower as you get closer. Don't forget your NonScale Victories! clothes sizes/fit changing, energy, blood sugars &/or lipids improving, inches being lost, body composition changing...
You are losing at about the same rate I lost - so don't feel bad - you are actually doing great! Keep up with your water & supplements (calcium helps with weight loss mechanism) and just enjoy the journey. I'm sure it took longer than a couple months to put that weight on, so don't worry... it will come off if you stick to plan.
Liana

kontesanera
05-06-2014, 10:59 AM
I am kind of struggling....It started off at Easter, I went off plan for the day. Got back on track the following Monday and it was all good until the weekend. I got back on track the following Monday again, and it was all good until this weekend.

I continued to lose (a little!), and kind of feel crappy about this past weekend. I have two events per weekend this month and, if I am honest, I kind of want to indulge. I am eating more responsibly, it is not like all **** breaks loose when I do go off plan, but I want to do this properly and phase off.

I will try to go without any restricteds this week, see if that makes a difference. I am hosting a fest for my daughter's first communion this Sunday and I am not sure that I want to deny myself.

Problem is that I feel good, I look pretty good and I am getting a lot of positive feedback.

Even when I go back on plan on Mondays, I do not crave sweets and I am finding fairly easy to get back on track.

I love this program and it works and I really want to be able to focus on it for the next couple of months so I can phase off properly.

I have bought The Beck Diet Solution and will be starting the mental exercises tonight. Hopefully that helps!

canadjineh
05-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I am kind of struggling....It started off at Easter, I went off plan for the day. Got back on track the following Monday and it was all good until the weekend. I got back on track the following Monday again, and it was all good until this weekend.

I have two events per weekend this month and, if I am honest, I kind of want to indulge. I am eating more responsibly, it is not like all **** breaks loose when I do go off plan, but I want to do this properly and phase off.

I will try to go without any restricteds this week, see if that makes a difference. I am hosting a fest for my daughter's first communion this Sunday and I am not sure that I want to deny myself.

Problem is that I feel good, I look pretty good and I am getting a lot of positive feedback.

Even when I go back on plan on Mondays, I do not crave sweets and I am finding fairly easy to get back on track.

I love this program and it works and I really want to be able to focus on it for the next couple of months so I can phase off properly.

I have bought The Beck Diet Solution and will be starting the mental exercises tonight. Hopefully that helps!

Good idea to do the mental exercises as you are sabotaging yourself by justifying your 'cheats'. This will help you get out of the mindset that you are being 'deprived.' You might also look into planning to make foods you (and everyone else) can also eat for these special occasions. Google for a recipe or check the IP sticky thread for recipes... They don't have to know it's 'special' or 'diet food.' Just make something yummy and on plan and that way you feel you can actually participate in the social-food event and not be a sad bystander. The fact that you have no problem getting back on plan the rest of the week shows it is psychological - you can beat this now that you know where it's coming from. We have faith in you, kontesanera! :hug: (black countess - interesting name...)

Liana

kontesanera
05-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Good idea to do the mental exercises as you are sabotaging yourself by justifying your 'cheats'. This will help you get out of the mindset that you are being 'deprived.' You might also look into planning to make foods you (and everyone else) can also eat for these special occasions. Google for a recipe or check the IP sticky thread for recipes... They don't have to know it's 'special' or 'diet food.' Just make something yummy and on plan and that way you feel you can actually participate in the social-food event and not be a sad bystander. The fact that you have no problem getting back on plan the rest of the week shows it is psychological - you can beat this now that you know where it's coming from. We have faith in you, kontesanera! :hug: (black countess - interesting name...)

Liana

You are so right, it is psychological. It is not even that I am feeling deprived, it is just that I am kind of tired of staying on plan all the time. I just have to ask myself, what is that I want more? Hopefully I will be able to figure this out with the help of the books and mental exercises that I intend to follow through.

Thanks for having faith in me xoxox

Oh and I did not mean to be black countess - Kontesa Nera is the character from a famous Croatian books that I read as a child :)

jodmarsha
05-06-2014, 08:44 PM

I bought both the CD for listening in the car and the book. It is really awesome for changing sabotaging thoughts.

texaschick0925
05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Just checking in to see how all of you February 2014 starters are doing!!

I am back on track and have had a great week! Keep up the good work! Any tips on what helps you keep going?

I am motivated by my progress and how much I want to succeed!!!

dowey16
05-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Scale showed no loss for me this week, disapointed but not discouraged :) Didn't get in all my vitamins and all my water a couple of days so I am pretty sure I know the why of it.

Going to have to check out the beck diet solution book.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

justjessatx
05-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi there! I have been lurking since day one of IP which was FEB 13, 2014. I have gained so much knowledge, information and tips from this amazing site and the amazing people on it! (I have a wonderful coach too...which is so important!)

WI today i broke 40lbs lost! 12 weeks!

I haven't been that great about walking and my coach keeps encouraging me to get out there and do it! I know the pounds would be melting even faster!

I love this diet. I love this community.

it's amazing to be on a diet and have the way it makes me feel be just as exciting as the way it makes me look!!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in!
Let's keep each other pumped up and encouraged through this journey, fellow FAB Feb's!! ;)

canadjineh
05-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Justjessatx: Welcome to posting lol, and yes, go for your walks, :kickbutt: I find it's good for the emotions, and fresh air & sunshine is always important. It raises the level of endorphins, which many of us tried to get from food before we got serious about our weight/bodyfat percentages. Walking won't help you lose weight per se, but it will help you keep your muscle strength and definition or build it, if you never did any exercise before.
Depending on your personality & lifestyle, you could go for the solitary contemplation walk (briskly though) if your area is safe, or you could invite friends or your significant other for a healthy bonding session.

Liana

justjessatx
05-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks, Liana!
Great advice :)

AmberLS
05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I've been walking and doing yoga since the second week, it is a nice addition to life, however I don't think either have boosted weight loss. I am 12 weeks in and right at 40lbs too with a lot more to lose than you lol. Walking has been great.

ChipnDip
05-08-2014, 07:44 PM
I haven't done ant exercise at all. I know I should, but I have been enjoying the fact that I don't have to. The weather has been so awful. It is starting to get better so doggie and I will get back at it. He has a few winter pounds to lose too!

I have been motivated by the consistent success I have had and by how easy this is. Obviously my head is in the right place too. All the stars are aligned ;)

jodmarsha
05-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I can say my exercise has been minimal as well.
However I went on a course which was mainly outdoors through my company and I can say from that weekend (my coach weighs me on a InBody scale which measures everything) I lost the most fat and built more lean body mass and my basal metobolic rate went up 100 calories a day.
So this weekend I am going to get a routine going ...

texaschick0925
05-19-2014, 05:42 PM
How are all my February starters doing?!!

ChipnDip
05-19-2014, 08:10 PM
How are all my February starters doing?!!

Wow! You have had fantastic losses! I was very worried things would slow down that that I am getting closer to onederland but you have given me hope!

I've had a horrible weekend due to a back spasm. Lots of pain meds that have given me stomach pains. It's been very hard to eat. Not expecting to see much change this week although I have a few days until weigh in. I feel hugely bloated!

So much for my long weekend!

murphypuppy
05-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Wow! You have had fantastic losses! I was very worried things would slow down that that I am getting closer to onederland but you have given me hope!

I've had a horrible weekend due to a back spasm. Lots of pain meds that have given me stomach pains. It's been very hard to eat. Not expecting to see much change this week although I have a few days until weigh in. I feel hugely bloated!

So much for my long weekend!
Feel better soon!!!:hug:

Johnsdeere
05-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Going good hear...weight in is tomorrow...I think 55lbs down so far. :) Loving this weightloss. Just in time for summer clothes and weather. I would wear a sweatshirt in the summer just to cover up. :( Not this summer...it's been a long time coming.
I hope all is well with all of you ladies.

jodmarsha
05-20-2014, 03:15 PM
I have lost 50 pounds exactly in 12 weeks. I am still a ways off my goal weight - however I am excited about the progress so far.

AmberLS
05-21-2014, 12:42 AM
44 lbs in 13 weeks with a bad weekend that essentially set me back to 12 weeks. Struggling more lately than ever, but its life events related.

murphypuppy
05-21-2014, 11:03 AM
44 lbs in 13 weeks with a bad weekend that essentially set me back to 12 weeks. Struggling more lately than ever, but its life events related.

3.38 pounds per week is amazing! Congrats on all your hard work :) Hope your struggle is less of a struggle this week!! This diet is hard when the scale doesn't move at the pace we want! :hug:

smallerin2014
05-21-2014, 12:25 PM
43 pounds in 14 weeks. My losses are a bit slower in the past couple of weeks (around 2 pounds per week), but I anticipated that would happen. I feel great and am so glad I found IP!

canadjineh
05-21-2014, 12:30 PM
:cp::cp::cp: Holy smokes, all you Feb gals are doing AWESOME!!

Good work on all your losses, I won't name names because there are so many of you...
Don't forget to look at your NSV's too, as sometimes the scale isn't always our friend, lol. Compliments received, new clothing time, smaller muffin top, better blood sugar/triglyceride levels, climbing the stairs instead of having to take the elevator, etc....

:dance::dance::dance: Doing the happy little cloud dance for you!!

Liana

jodmarsha
05-28-2014, 02:57 PM
In the past 3 weeks - I have had some weird weigh-ins and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. My IP Coach says she sees this all the time - a see-sawing effect on where the weight is being lost.

Week 10 2.1 (Weight Loss) consisting of 5.7 (Fat Loss) and 3.6 (Muscle Gain)
Week 11 1.9 (Weight Loss) consisting of 2.7 (Fat Gain) and 4.4 (Muscle Loss)
Week 12 4.2 (Weight Loss) consisting of 7.2 (Fat Loss) and 3.0 (Muscle Gain)
Week 13 3.3 (Weight Loss) consisting of 2.8 (Fat Gain) and 6.1 (Muscle Loss)

I am not doing anything different each week. In fact my meals are fairly consistent week to week. Apart from walking I am not doing any strenuous exercise.

Has anyone else experienced it? My coach says I will most likely do this every week ... but wanted to know if anyone else has a similar experience and what their coach says ...

AmberLS
05-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Sticking solidly at 46lbs in 15 weeks, but I could really say 46lbs in 13 weeks since life hasn't been smooth here lately and neither has dieting. I am doing my best to get back in the swing of things.

ChipnDip
05-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Sticking solidly at 46lbs in 15 weeks, but I could really say 46lbs in 13 weeks since life hasn't been smooth here lately and neither has dieting. I am doing my best to get back in the swing of things.

Don't stop now Amber! Managing this during difficult times can help you realize you can be in control for life. I'm glad you have managed to stay the same at least. Buy pre chopped veggies and grocery store salads. IP packages can't be any easier. If you have fully switched to alts, grab those RTD and go. Rotisserie chicken or quick ground beef patty. Don't let anything get in your way.

Hoochie
05-29-2014, 01:16 PM
I also started in February, down 23 pounds but I took 4 weeks off( vacation and family sickness) I feel so much better. Went from a size 12 to a size 9 so its all worth it. Started IP a few weeks ago again so I am hoping to be down another few pounds on my Saturday weigh in.
This is such a great plan!

murphypuppy
05-29-2014, 11:21 PM
16 weeks in and down 49 pounds... Not too shabby. I was hoping to be phasing off this diet by July 4th but it's looking more like September/October... I can't believe that just 4 months ago I was 50 lbs heavier - that was a lot of extra weight to be hauling around....

murphypuppy
05-29-2014, 11:22 PM

Hope things start running more smoothly for you. Best wishes!!

Ruth Ann
05-30-2014, 08:34 AM
16 weeks in and down 49 pounds... Not too shabby. I was hoping to be phasing off this diet by July 4th but it's looking more like September/October... I can't believe that just 4 months ago I was 50 lbs heavier - that was a lot of extra weight to be hauling around....

3 lbs a week? You have done great! Congrats on the great losses!

Yeah, it's amazing that we manage to carry around that much weight on a daily basis isn't it?

AmberLS
06-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Well this is it, I'm about to teeter over into onederland at any minute... I will have met my first big goal as long as I happens by Monday... :)

Johnsdeere
06-05-2014, 12:48 PM
It will happen Amber. ;) Exciting, very exciting!

I'm pretty excited about my progress, I've hit 59.9lbs lost....I'm rounding that up to 60 if you don't mind. 24lbs from my goal and I'm feeling pretty good about all of it. I'm so happy that I will be wearing less clothes this summer and going forward. I would find a excuse to cover up any chance I could get to cover my fat. :( I haven't taken any pictures since being on IP. People have asked me to share pictures (family on facebook who live across the US) but, I still feel kinda fragile about it for some reason. At times I still feel like I'm 234lbs. Maybe I feel like I'm going to jinx myself, or it's just too new? Anyone feel like this?

catlady1981
06-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I started on Feb 26 and am down 29 lbs. Average right now is about 2 lb.s a week. Have gone from 1X & XL tops to a large and 16 pants to a 14. Pretty happy with my stats so far.

AmberLS
06-05-2014, 04:34 PM

I'm pretty excited about my progress, I've hit 59.9lbs lost....I'm rounding that up to 60 if you don't mind. 24lbs from my goal and I'm feeling pretty good about all of it. I'm so happy that I will be wearing less clothes this summer and going forward. I would find a excuse to cover up any chance I could get to cover my fat. :( I haven't taken any pictures since being on IP. People have asked me to share pictures (family on facebook who live across the US) but, I still feel kinda fragile about it for some reason. At times I still feel like I'm 234lbs. Maybe I feel like I'm going to jinx myself, or it's just too new? Anyone feel like this?

I totally understand that feeling. I have taken some progress photos but sometimes I look at them and I don't feel like there's change. Today a friend just posted a picture of me on facebook she took of me and my youngest at my middle daughters kindergarten graduation and when I look at it I still see fat Amber, I mean I know I have more weight to lose, but I am the smallest I've been since I had Echo 6 years ago but I just don't see it sometimes. It's definitely a mind trick.

lisa32989
06-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I totally understand that feeling. I have taken some progress photos but sometimes I look at them and I don't feel like there's change. Today a friend just posted a picture of me on facebook she took of me and my youngest at my middle daughters kindergarten graduation and when I look at it I still see fat Amber, I mean I know I have more weight to lose, but I am the smallest I've been since I had Echo 6 years ago but I just don't see it sometimes. It's definitely a mind trick.
I felt the same way at your point. I had to realize what BMI range I was in.
At 200, I was still in the obese range (down from morbidly obese). Now, I'm still in the overweight range and I surely see it in the mirror. Very few other people even noticed my WL until I was below 200- a 60 lb loss

Kellyc14
06-05-2014, 05:10 PM

My poor brain is so messed up. I lost 120 lbs 16 years ago and for the longest time I still saw the "fat" me in the mirror. After gaining it all back, plus some, I have the opposite problem, I don't see my self as being obese when I look in the mirror. I think I have reverse anorexia. It's crazy, but then I saw pictures of myself and I was like, am I really THAT big?????? Well yes, I am. But not for much longer!!! I am going to get my body and brain straightened out!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/cartoonstar01/lb/266/140/250/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ChipnDip
06-05-2014, 08:27 PM

I'm superstitious about rounding up. On my last diet I did that. Then that meal I over indulged and then completely fell off the diet. Never did reach that 40 lbs until. Ow!

At 200, I was still in the obese range (down from morbidly obese). Now, I'm still in the overweight range and I surely see it in the mirror. Very few other people even noticed my WL until I was below 200- a 60 lb loss

At 50 pounds off now people are starting to really notice. Hard to believe it took this long.

My poor brain is so messed up. I lost 120 lbs 16 years ago and for the longest time I still saw the "fat" me in the mirror. After gaining it all back, plus some, I have the opposite problem, I don't see my self as being obese when I look in the mirror. I think I have reverse anorexia. It's crazy, but then I saw pictures of myself and I was like, am I really THAT big?????? Well yes, I am. But not for much longer!!! I am going to get my body and brain straightened out!!

I totally hear you! I think I avoided eye contact with the mirror until,someone took a picture of me at a work event and posted it. I couldn't believe how big I had gotten! I sure didn't feel like that on the inside.

AmberLS
06-05-2014, 09:36 PM

I've had the same problem, some people noticed earlier but everyone has really been noticing lately.

schenectady
06-06-2014, 03:56 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/cartoonstar01/lb/266/140/250/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Kelly - I think when the weight goes over the top, our brain falls into an incredible act of denial. In the 25 years of marriage and children, I gained over 100 pounds. I "knew" it but did not always "see" it.

Somehow, the film got pulled off my eyes and I saw a picture at a family gathering and did not even RECOGNIZE that huge square block of a person, but it was me! I was shocked and all of a sudden, some of the responses I had gotten from people when they encountered me made a lot of sense.

So victory was mine last week when I ran into one of the same school moms at the farmer's market. We started to catch up and I saw her eyes slide to my backside (always my worst feature when big) and then moved back up again. Not a word said but I felt smug. OK, yes, SMUG!

That is good to push me for probably the next 5 pounds. (I am not always a sweet and innocent person!)

So, go for it, Kelly. I was just about where you are 10 months ago. You will do this. One day at a time, one challenge, bit by bit.

ChipnDip
06-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Hello February IP!

Although every day I am excited by my progress. Never have I ever lost so much, so fast! I find myself being quite impatient. Certain parts of me look great, other parts...not so much! I see myself so much closer to goal and I just want to be there! And then in another moment I think I want to lose more.

I really need to just chill out. Been sitting at close to this weight on and off for 10 years, what's a few more months?

AmberLS
06-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Hello February IP!

Although every day I am excited by my progress. Never have I ever lost so much, so fast! I find myself being quite impatient. Certain parts of me look great, other parts...not so much! I see myself so much closer to goal and I just want to be there! And then in another moment I think I want to lose more.

I really need to just chill out. Been sitting at close to this weight on and off for 10 years, what's a few more months?

I totally know the feeling! Although this is the first ever diet I've tried it works so well it's hard not to get impatient when those slow downs happen. My original goal was 180 then I thought no let's do 170, now I'm thinking 150... lol my family is getting concerned I won't stop but I will!!! My 35th birthday is coming up in September at the end and I'm hoping I'll be somewhere between 160-170 and ready to stop.

AmberLS
06-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Chip N Dip I see in you ticker you're at 191... that means you're "officially fully" out of 200s lol that's awesome! I always wonder if I should really count the weight at the end of the day as my weight lol. I like when I get into a new set of numbers but its not until around the middle that I'm officially there, you know at 199 I still weigh 203 at the end of the day... so I feel like I"m not really in the 190's till about 195

ChipnDip
06-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Now I'm battling to be in the 180's! It never ends!

My weigh in is at lunch time but I don't eat a whole lot on those days. In the morning, on my scale and naked I'm usually lighter but I stick to the official weigh in.

I really shouldn't be inpatient. I've had only one week so far under 2 pounds. Averaging 3.4 a week. I just keep looking at skinny people and I want to be them! Probably because it is attainable this time, but I don't remember ever feeling that way doing WW.

AmberLS
06-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Now I'm battling to be in the 180's! It never ends!

My weigh in is at lunch time but I don't eat a whole lot on those days. In the morning, on my scale and naked I'm usually lighter but I stick to the official weigh in.

I really shouldn't be inpatient. I've had only one week so far under 2 pounds. Averaging 3.4 a week. I just keep looking at skinny people and I want to be them! Probably because it is attainable this time, but I don't remember ever feeling that way doing WW.

I totally get it, I keep looking at other women with similar body types to mine thinking "yay I will look like that soon" I really want to get into 12's I feel like that means no more plus size for some reason, although I have already got to shop a little in the non plus size section. My 15 year old and I were shopping in one of those novelty stores on vacation where you can pick t-shirts and get them printed with what you want... anyway I was looking at some shirts and I said... I don't think this is going to fit me hun, and she says "mom do you even realize how much weight you've lost?" needless to say I came home with two shirts that fit!

ChipnDip
06-19-2014, 07:30 AM
I have a 15 year old too! And my bday is just after yours. I'm older than you tho. I was shopping with my dd and realized I'm going to be able to shop alongside her soon. Not that I will buy things in her favourite stores, of course. Sometimes I look at what women are wearing and think- just because it fits, doesn't mean you should be wearing it!

I'm thinking size 12 too. I want to fit into a pair of lulu lemons. Not sure if I will buy them. My husband says they are magic and make every butt look good but I have a very flat rear end and not so sure. I'd also like true religion jeans. If I spend that much on a pair of jeans maybe I won't let myself grow out of them.

lisa32989
06-19-2014, 09:41 AM
I totally know the feeling! Although this is the first ever diet I've tried it works so well it's hard not to get impatient when those slow downs happen. My original goal was 180 then I thought no let's do 170, now I'm thinking 150... lol my family is getting concerned I won't stop but I will!!! My 35th birthday is coming up in September at the end and I'm hoping I'll be somewhere between 160-170 and ready to stop.

When your family expresses concern, tell them your goal is normal BMI.
That first goal was still in the obese range (barely). 170 is still overweight. Definitely go for "normal"!

AmberLS
06-19-2014, 12:08 PM
When your family expresses concern, tell them your goal is normal BMI.
That first goal was still in the obese range (barely). 170 is still overweight. Definitely go for "normal"!

That's what I told them Lisa, why do all this work to still be overweight, and certainly not to still be obese... That's why I chose 150, it's a comfortable weight for me within a healthy weight range, if I remember correctly (its been a long time since I looked because I've hadn't been close enough to care) but I believe the weight range for me is 135-155 and I have a larger more athletic bone structure. My 15 year old is 145 and she's built identical to me, she's beautiful and perfectly fit. I told her we'll be sharing jeans lol

susanlucat
07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
So I finally down 50 lbs I never thought this day would come I'm so excited I actually want to buy a full body mirror which I was so.against and in denial before but I like how my body looks in clothes!!.. now there's a problem though I'm not loving my body naked!!! I was not hot fat but also I didn't have all this lose skin!!! I want to get skinner but I'm a fair of losing my boobs and getting extra loose skin!!! Any advise for fear of how my body will look after.. can I fix it with a work out.. I need help!!!

Johnsdeere
07-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Susanlucat - I've lost alot of boobs but, I'm glad for it. I was breastfeeding and was huge in the boob department to begin with. Honestly I say continue to lose the weight and then deal with the lose skin after the fact. Worse case scenario it can be removed by surgery. You can be active taking walks, light weights right now if you want to help out the effort.
I currently look better in my clothes then naked, at least in my stomach but, figure once I can introduce the workouts it's going to be this way for a while.

ChipnDip
07-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Your body will continue to tighten up the skin for about 6 months after you stop IP. The jelly has collagen in it that can help with skin elasticity. You can have it as an occasional extra or as your packet a couple time a week since the protein in it is not exactly the same as the other packets and not as beneficial.

AmberLS
07-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Still doing good ladies... kind of hanging out in the low 190s but soon I will move to the 180's, I think maybe I'm getting to the slow that happens as you get closer to a healthy weight.

jodmarsha
07-09-2014, 06:54 PM
I posted this in the photos however I am down 63lbs ... I posted a pic on my pinterest account. Up until I did this ... I did not really feel massively different. Now I can definitely see the difference in my face ...

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/327355466637871798/

murphypuppy
07-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Wow! You look great! You must feel even better!! Congrats!

murphypuppy
07-14-2014, 05:30 PM
The past month has been filled with weekend trips, events and fun plans. I have definately lost focus this month (at least on the weekends). I have been eating, on the weekends, non IP friendly foods and then going back on strong Monday thru Friday. I've managed to maintain and even loose 1 pound with this eating pattern. My anniversary is next weekend then a trip home to see my family the weekend after that. I'm thinking that I will just start back 100% in August - I really want to loose another 25 pounds but I've hit the doldrums! Gotta get back!!!!

AmberLS
07-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Murphy I haven't been doing so well either... I mean I'm still staying IP all week, and eating IP on weekends, but I had a couple glasses of wine this weekend and some drinks last weekend.

murphypuppy
07-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Murphy I haven't been doing so well either... I mean I'm still staying IP all week, and eating IP on weekends, but I had a couple glasses of wine this weekend and some drinks last weekend.

If only wine were allowed on this diet then I think life might be perfect!!!!!

ChipnDip
07-14-2014, 07:28 PM
5 months in and the monotony is starting to weigh. One moment I want to persevere and the next I want to phase off and take a break. I can't say I have had a major cheat but my measuring is getting a little loose. I'm eating way too much red meat and I am so bored with the veggies I like I don't want to eat them. I eat a lot of celery. It makes me doubt that I will be able to maintain in the future as I don't see me forcefeeding myself veggies. I do it now because it's all I've got. Given the choice, I think I might still chose pop. I've never been a wine drinker so at least I don't have those temptations.

I want so much to be 100% to get these last 25 off.

Johnsdeere
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM
ChipnDip:
I'm sorry for the monotony and the struggle you are experiencing right now. I understand what you are saying and struggling with. I found myself allowing myself to have a extra bar, and it was not as occasional when I sat down after the fact. I've cut those out and low and behold the scale is giving me losses again. Sounds like you know exactly where you need to tweak to lose those last 25lbs. I wish you only the best, I know how much meeting goal means after the long haul....5 months of restricted eating is a very long time.

AmberLS
07-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't mind the food and veggies themselves, granted sometimes I'd like to make corn or green beans, but for the most part I love veggies. I still weigh and measure most of the time, but I've gotten to a point where I'm making family meals again (for awhile I was making my food and feeding my kids separately). Anyway if I make several steaks and a some grilled asparagus I don't exactly measure my veggies, I just take what I think I've come to learn looks like 2 cups on my plate lol. I'm glad boredom is not a problem for me, wine is much more of a culprit than anything. I just want to have a glass of wine at the end of a long day and relax a little. It's all I've ever had in life to relax. I know everyone has all sorts of ways the exchange this, but I can't take baths do to chronic yeast infections plus it's not relaxing to hear my kids pounding at the door. Pedicures don't relax me lol they put me on edge, I can't afford massages. I like to sit outside, look at the moon and drink a glass of wine. I find it peaceful and beautiful. I find myself wavering, deep down I'd like to lose 41, which puts me at 149 which is exactly a healthy bmi for my height. But in reality I'm starting to feel like 30 is ok, because being ten pounds over weight isn't a big deal... plus I'm pretty muscular so it may be more realistic. Diet fatigue is a real thing. I fight with myself to say just buckle down and get done for good. But honestly I know that IP will now forever be in my life. I will phase off and do maintenance but if I gain 5lbs I'm going P1 for a week to keep my weight where I want. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm very happy with how I look right now lol, it's easy to make comparisons and say well I've come so far look at the difference I should be proud and I am. I have a body I can like. I'm under 200 and for me that sometimes feels like enough. Of course I'd like to be no longer considered obese so there's at least another 5lbs I believe and then 10lbs more for comfort lol so at the least another 15lbs to go which would put me 5lbs under my original goal and 15-25lbs over my ultimate goal. Maybe I need a break, maybe I just need to truck through. I don't know.

AmberLS
07-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Someone posted this link in daily chat... but since I'm struggling to decide where I want to go this helped....
http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/calculate-your-true-weight?eprivacy=1

Kellyc14
07-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Amber-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can relate to what you are saying. I do miss my wine, but I know that I can't have it, at least for the time being. The goal weight that I chose is for myself is 140, not sure that is realistic but it's a starting point. According to the dunkandiet my goal should be 156, that's probably a bit more realistic, but again we'll see how I feel as I get closer. My worry is that I will settle once I get under 200. I don't want to get at a weight and stay there because I am "comfortable" I really want to make it to my goal weight, even if I change my goal to higher weight, does that make sense? I worry that once I get comfortable in my skin that I will begin to add little cheats in, a glass of wine, a bite of cheese, etc. And I just really don't want to do that. For once in my life I want to see something through to completion. I don't want to settle. It's easy to stay the course right now, because I am not at a happy place yet. But I have never had this much determination so I believe that I will see it through, especially with you all!!!!

kathy72
07-15-2014, 03:41 PM
5 months in and the monotony is starting to weigh. One moment I want to persevere and the next I want to phase off and take a break. I can't say I have had a major cheat but my measuring is getting a little loose. I'm eating way too much red meat and I am so bored with the veggies I like I don't want to eat them. I eat a lot of celery. It makes me doubt that I will be able to maintain in the future as I don't see me forcefeeding myself veggies. I do it now because it's all I've got. Given the choice, I think I might still chose pop. I've never been a wine drinker so at least I don't have those temptations.

I want so much to be 100% to get these last 25 off.

Chipndip, you've done so great hang in there.

AmberLS
07-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Amber-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can relate to what you are saying. I do miss my wine, but I know that I can't have it, at least for the time being. The goal weight that I chose is for myself is 140, not sure that is realistic but it's a starting point. According to the dunkandiet my goal should be 156, that's probably a bit more realistic, but again we'll see how I feel as I get closer. My worry is that I will settle once I get under 200. I don't want to get at a weight and stay there because I am "comfortable" I really want to make it to my goal weight, even if I change my goal to higher weight, does that make sense? I worry that once I get comfortable in my skin that I will begin to add little cheats in, a glass of wine, a bite of cheese, etc. And I just really don't want to do that. For once in my life I want to see something through to completion. I don't want to settle. It's easy to stay the course right now, because I am not at a happy place yet. But I have never had this much determination so I believe that I will see it through, especially with you all!!!!

It makes perfect sense, it's exactly what is happening to me... I've reached a weight where I'm comfortable and although I'm still practicing good behavior I am not 100% OP maybe 97% and I'm allowing myself to think it's ok if I lose weight a little slower and enjoy myself a little now that I'm comfortable... again it's almost never food, it's a glass of wine or a drink with friends which contains cranberry juice... Idk... I guess it's safe to say I'm struggling. I'm at a crossroads where I feel like giving up so to speak. I need to figure out what I want. I've done well, this is the first diet I've ever done so I can't say anything about that. I won't let myself regain.. but am I comfy here or do I want more? Comfy at barely obese.. seems stupid to say but I feel great. IDK....

Kellyc14
07-15-2014, 07:39 PM
It makes perfect sense, it's exactly what is happening to me... I've reached a weight where I'm comfortable and although I'm still practicing good behavior I am not 100% OP maybe 97% and I'm allowing myself to think it's ok if I lose weight a little slower and enjoy myself a little now that I'm comfortable... again it's almost never food, it's a glass of wine or a drink with friends which contains cranberry juice... Idk... I guess it's safe to say I'm struggling. I'm at a crossroads where I feel like giving up so to speak. I need to figure out what I want. I've done well, this is the first diet I've ever done so I can't say anything about that. I won't let myself regain.. but am I comfy here or do I want more? Comfy at barely obese.. seems stupid to say but I feel great. IDK....

Years ago after my 4th child I lost 120lbs. My lowest weight was 140 and I maintained it for exactly one week! Lol then I hung out in the 150's for a while, then the 160.....got up to 190 and stayed there for quite a few years. Then before I knew it I was at my all time high 260. Scared the heck out of me, which brought me to IP. I never thought I'd let myself get over 200lbs again.

I want to get to a place where I feel comfortable again, but not too comfortable that I don't reach my goal- whatever that may be. I think you're doing great!!!

Johnsdeere
08-05-2014, 07:41 PM
How's everyone out there doing?
Love to hear the good the bad and the ugly from everyone.
I'm about 11lbs from my goal weight and plan on going to phase 2 in about 5lbs, as is my husband. I wanted the weight loss but, I don't know if I REALLY considered that it would be a tangible goal, do you know what I mean?
I hope all is well with all of you!

jodmarsha
08-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Great work Johnsdeere
I only get weighed in every 2 weeks now.
My weigh in is tomorrow and I had lost 70lbs. I hope tomorrows weigh-in will have a loss of 5lbs (I do not keep scales at home). As you can see from my ticker I still have a long way to go.
My overall goal is to lose another 30 - 40lbs by December which will be tough. However I have laser-like focus on achieving it!

gnalosit
08-12-2014, 09:02 AM
I started in February and was doing great until I went on a 2 week business trip at the beginning of June. I planned on staying OP and thought it would be easy during my trip but a few glasses of wine got the best of me and by the end of the trip, I was 100% off plan. Slippery slope I guess.

Now here it is August and I am just now getting back on track. For me it was really hard to start IP over during the summer. Travel, cocktails, fresh fruit, all got the best of me.

Honestly it was nice to have a break from IP. Also, I was so happy with my 40 lb loss that it made it easier to take a break but when I see everyone's ticker at 60-70lbs now, I do have some regrets but all I can do it get back on plan and get back to dropping some lbs.

At my WI on Saturday I was only up 6 lbs, not bad for 9 weeks off eating pretty badly. Hopefully I can get moving in the right direction and be in onderland by my birthday.

Congrats to everyone on your great losses! It is inspiring to know I can get there too if I stay OP!

IPCali
08-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I started in February and was doing great until I went on a 2 week business trip at the beginning of June. I planned on staying OP and thought it would be easy during my trip but a few glasses of wine got the best of me and by the end of the trip, I was 100% off plan. Slippery slope I guess.

Now here it is August and I am just now getting back on track. For me it was really hard to start IP over during the summer. Travel, cocktails, fresh fruit, all got the best of me.

Honestly it was nice to have a break from IP. Also, I was so happy with my 40 lb loss that it made it easier to take a break but when I see everyone's ticker at 60-70lbs now, I do have some regrets but all I can do it get back on plan and get back to dropping some lbs.

At my WI on Saturday I was only up 6 lbs, not bad for 9 weeks off eating pretty badly. Hopefully I can get moving in the right direction and be in onderland by my birthday.

Congrats to everyone on your great losses! It is inspiring to know I can get there too if I stay OP!

Hi Gnalosit,

I did the same thing... I'm a March starter and lost 50 lbs in the first 100 days.... well... then the trip to Hawaii came on the 4th of July and that's a looooong five weeks off even tho my vacay was only one week!

Time for me to climb back on the horse!

JanMarie40
08-12-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm glad to discover I'm not the only one who took some time off and isn't too worse for wear!

I was just tired, had lost a good deal of weight and was happy, and was ready for fresh summer fruits, starting an exercise program and patio bevies! :D
Yes, I've gained 10 pounds back, but am done with indulging and am ready to refocus and get back on track so I can lose 20 or so more pounds.

Now that I'm close to where I want to be though I'm looking to continue exercising and just eat primarily P3 style. Weight will come of slower, but I don't feel the need to rush at this point. I was in a hurry to lose at the start because I was just so uncomfortable in my own skin.

Thanks for sharing your "time outs" experiences!

ChipnDip
08-12-2014, 09:41 PM
I really debated taking the summer off IP. I decided against it because I didn't think I would start back on if I lost momentum. I'm glad I powered through but I am getting tired ip of the diet and limited choices. Most of the packets don't interest me and the ones that do (wafers and crisps) I feel are setting me up for needing chips and sweets everyday which I didn't even do before IP. Trying to get through my "stock" of stuff so eating things I don't particularly love is hard and leads to feelings of being deprived. I am trying to vary things a bit to keep me happy. I had my first stray with a handful of chips last week while on staycation I'm sure if we had gone away, I would have gone off the rails. I've avoided it all this time. Hoping to be phased off in time for an out of town tournament. The Fall.

I commend you all for getting back on track!

JanMarie40
08-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Congrats with sticking through it all ChipnDip!

One thing I do find now that IP didn't prepare me well for, was exactly what you said... I crave a salty snack and a sweet treat every day because of the bars and crisps. I still haven't found an acceptable substitute for either.

I have found though that I don't really like peanut butter anymore, or gum, or diet coke... which is great that my taste buds have changed for that stuff!!

One thing I did that I think helped me with my boredom of the diet was that I spent time looking for interesting recipes, both for regular IP acceptable food and for the packets. Maybe that will help you get through the last bit Chip?

I have lots of the veggie chili leftover and I still will make it and put it on salad and pretend it's a "taco" salad :) Still so good!

ChipnDip
08-13-2014, 07:54 AM
The stuff I have left aren't really packet hack material. Lots of soup that I just don't want in the summer. I bought some proti diet stuff on line. 2 boxes of white cheddar crisps and I don't like them at all! I do smash up the SW cheese curls to use like bread crumbs but it sucks to use a packet with your main meal.

I'm hoping with the bigger portions and more food choices I won't care about the treats once in phase 4. I also find the crisps easy at lunch when I am busy at work. No mixing or heating!

IdealProteinNewbie
08-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Chip: You can use some of the soups to make "flatbread" in case you don't want to eat hot soup!

Johnsdeere
08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
ChipnDip:
I'm feeling you regarding the bars and other treats.

I ACTUALLY like the white cheddar crisps however; it probably isn't cost effective if I buy them from you with shipping and all. :(

ChipnDip
08-13-2014, 08:38 PM
ChipnDip:
I'm feeling you regarding the bars and other treats.

I ACTUALLY like the white cheddar crisps however; it probably isn't cost effective if I buy them from you with shipping and all. :(

Probably not! Too bad! I bought them because DH liked them but he didn't stay on the diet. Maybe I should just try them again.

gnalosit
08-14-2014, 07:50 PM
IPCali and JanMarie - Good to know I am not the only one!

ChipnDip - Good job sticking with it! You are so close to goal!

I was hoping for a 100% perfect 1st week back OP but I have to say it has been more like 80%. Still hoping I see a loss on the scale this week. I will need the motivation to be 100% next week.

ChipnDip
08-14-2014, 09:22 PM
IPCali and JanMarie - Good to know I am not the only one!

ChipnDip - Good job sticking with it! You are so close to goal!

I was hoping for a 100% perfect 1st week back OP but I have to say it has been more like 80%. Still hoping I see a loss on the scale this week. I will need the motivation to be 100% next week.

80% is better than nothing. I will have my fingers crossed for you. Don't forget, 100% can always start with the very next thing you decide to eat.

gnalosit
08-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks Chip. I was down 2.4 at my WI today. Not the best WI but I will take it with my slip ups this week. Shooting for a 100% week 2!

Have a great weekend!

ChipnDip
08-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks Chip. I was down 2.4 at my WI today. Not the best WI but I will take it with my slip ups this week. Shooting for a 100% week 2!

Have a great weekend!

2.4 is awesome! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

jodmarsha
08-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Hi all
I have been on exactly 5 months and 29 days and have lost 85.5lbs!
In the past month I lost 15lbs.
50 more to go ...

catlady1981
08-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Today is exactly 6 mos. to the day that I started IP. I've lost 43 lbs in 6 months so that averages out to about 7 lbs a month. I know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves to others, but now I'm starting to compare myself to myself, and those numbers are not so great either. But...I am very grateful for the weight I have lost & I reset my goal to 145 a couple of weeks ago putting me at 18 lbs to go. The last two weeks have shown no movement on the scale or lost inches, but I have had a monster TOM since last Friday:( (I had been TOM free for 6 months) so I'm hoping that when that is over, some fat/inches will go away too!

Johnsdeere
08-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Keep up the good work Catlady!! I was seeing some plateauing for a while myself and had to really crack down and make sure I was eating all the essentials and so far so good.

jodmarsha
09-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Hi Feb IPers

Had my WI last week.

I have completely lost my appetite but I lost 5.0 pounds made up of 9.0 pounds body fat with 4.0 pounds of lean body mass gained.

I am 10 pounds off losing 100 pounds which I hope to do in 7 months of starting IP!

Yay!

ChipnDip
09-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Congrats!!!

I t is exciting isn't it? Do you feel the time has flown by?

I'm moving on to P2 on Thursday. I may consider losing some more after I have maintained for 6-9 months but I am pretty comfortable here even if it isnt the perfect BMI. I'm skinny for me!

gnalosit
09-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Congrats on moving to P2 Chip! I'm still playing catch up from my summer off IP but seeing you hit your goal is inspiring!

Johnsdeere
09-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Way to go Jodi and ChipnDip!! Very exciting!

I started phase 2, two weeks ago. I'm less than 5lbs till goal. I plan on staying on phase 2 until I hit my goal which will hopefully be very soon. I'm feeling great!

Jewel80002000
09-16-2014, 02:10 PM
I have started IP on August 24, 2014 and to date I'm down 17 pounds...

jodmarsha
09-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Congrats Johnsdeere and ChipNDip
Phase 2 seems like such a long way away (for me)!

Not so fat anymore
09-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Hi I need some advise I have lost over 75 pounds since going on IP I am 64 years old and 5foot 1 and a half inches tall. I started at a weight of 217.6 and this morning was 139.8. My question is what is a good goal weight for me? The charts say 101 to 132 is my range. I weighed 123 after having four children 30 years ago. When I got married 41 years ago I weighed 105. I would love to weigh under 120 but my weight lose has slowed done to a little over one pound a week and I am getting down on my slow progress. My other worry is can i maintain a weight of under 120?

JackieGee
09-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Hi I need some advise I have lost over 75 pounds since going on IP I am 64 years old and 5foot 1 and a half inches tall. I started at a weight of 217.6 and this morning was 139.8. My question is what is a good goal weight for me? The charts say 101 to 132 is my range. I weighed 123 after having four children 30 years ago. When I got married 41 years ago I weighed 105. I would love to weigh under 120 but my weight lose has slowed done to a little over one pound a week and I am getting down on my slow progress. My other worry is can i maintain a weight of under 120?

I'm actually the same age and just about the same height and have had a similar weight history. I started at 197 although my highest weight was 239 back in 2001 and I lost 50 lbs at that time on Atkins. I am right now before my wi this evening, 185. I set a goal of 50 lbs by Christmas but ultimately, I think I'd be ecstatic at 130. My lowest weight back in 1973 was 116 but I usually maintained about 120 or 125 back then. I feel like maybe at this age I'd look scrawny and droopy and I don't like the look of scrawny old ladies. So for me, I'm heading for 130

ChipnDip
09-18-2014, 12:38 PM
I think the BMI is crazy. I don't remember ever being the weight they recommend for me. I originally wanted to be in single digit pant sizes but I am in a 14 because I have a belly. My face is thin, my upper body is a medium or large and I am down to a B cup. I want my loss to be maintainable so I am stopping now. 160 is the lowest I have been since having my first child. Of I can easily maintain this for the next 9 months I may go back on IP next summer.

The real question is how do you feel? It is normal for the losses to slow closer to goal,especially the lower you go. It's still losing!