Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #1  

Default I'm brand new here

Hi Everyone, , as you can see by my name the WL journey has been kind of a rocky road for me, I have some health problems and it's only recently that I've started to have success in losing weight. . it's hard to do it without any support, though. . so I've come here to continue the success and to do whatever I can to support others,, and hope to get some support along the way.
rockieroad55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

You've got endless support around here! Hop into some challenges or find a thread or two you would like to post in regularly. It will keep you coming back and you're guaranteed to make some friends. Wishing you lots of luck and success.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #3  

Thank you for the good advice, I'm going to take it too..
Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #4  
[link=http://www.3fatchic

S/C/G: 258/248/140

Height: 5'4"

Default new here as well

Hi all, I'm new here as well. I'm starting optifast 800 today. I know I am going to need support to make it thru this journey. I am 54, female, type II diabetic with strong insulin resistance. As a result of this, my insulin levels have increased and so has my weight (40 lbs) since starting insulin in Sept. 2009. I have met with a bariatric surgeon and started the process of getting approval for the Gastric Sleeve. I have to support of my physicians and endocrinologist but I want to really give this 100% before I move forward with bariatric surgery. Wish me luck. It's going to be hard which is why I was happy to find this online support group.
Kiker5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/162/120

I just joined today, and like you, I'm here for my health. I've GOT to do this,
I WANT to do this and I know it's going to be hard, but I'm hoping I'll get the tools I need to be successful from this site.

WE CAN DO THIS.
Chubbie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #6  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to everyone who has just joined!

This is a wonderful place for support. I am a member of Weight Watchers and, while the meetings are helpful, I can express my daily thoughts and frustrations here on 3FCs. I get so much more emotional support here because people on this site understand what I am going through.

I want to wish you all the best and I look forward to reading all of your posts!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #7  
Tir Asleen

S/C/G: 215/211/145

Height: 5'1

Just joined recently and I am lost too but I am trying to figure it out because I am tired of not feeling well or looking my best. I understand. You aren't alone.
TirAsleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #8  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome aboard! Glad you found us here. My personal opinion is that you are really smart to try and lose the weight on your own without having the bariatric surgery. When I found out I was type ll diabetic, I weighed almost the same as you, 252 lbs. I began the Atkin's approach of low carb eating along with drinking 100 ounces of water a day until I got below 200 lbs and then it was 1/2 my body weight in water daily. I also began walking for exercise starting slowly at first and working up to 3-4 miles per day with one weekend day of 7 miles per week. In nine months, I had successfully lost 86 lbs. If you are determined, and with the encouragement and motivation you will find here, hopefully you will start to see the scale move downward in your favor. I look forward to following your success.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #9  

Being able to come here and post and read other's posts really helps me a lot, like many people I've lost and gained weight so many times, but for some reason this last year has been different. . finally some things are sinking in for me..I started out with every other day fasting and quickly dropped about 15 lbs, then I got sick again and kind of gave up again.. but then one day I said, I'm tired of losing and gaining the same few lbs over and over again, and if other people can lose weight, so can I. . I am becoming more determined all the time and I've learned that for me, I need to stay completely away from sugar and bad carbs, the reason is, when I try to take in some, then I want more.. ever since I keep the carbs around 50, I don't get the out of control cravings, and wow has that helped. I just had to do that long enough to tame my appetite.. . I know that may not work for everyone, but it sure has made a difference for me. . I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, but after a year of cutting the carbs and the calories, my Dr. took it off of my chart.. wow, I was so happy about that. so now, I want to continue getting healthy and lose about 50 or 60 lbs.. I know I can do it, but it will take some time.. thanks for all your help, everyone.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/162/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockieroad55 View Post
Hi Everyone, , as you can see by my name the WL journey has been kind of a rocky road for me, I have some health problems and it's only recently that I've started to have success in losing weight. . it's hard to do it without any support, though. . so I've come here to continue the success and to do whatever I can to support others,, and hope to get some support along the way.

I understand where you're coming from - alot of bumps and pot holes for me as well. But I'm determined to get healthy and feel better. I just joined yesterday and have spent several interesting hours learning and understanding the ins and outs of weight loss. Along with the information and support, I'm starting to feel confident that I can do this.
Chubbie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote