Ideal Protein Diet - Oil

View Full Version : Oil

Sheriously
04-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I've tried searching for threads/posts on this, but I give up. Can someone please explain this thing about the 2 tsp of oil, to not be counted when cooking food in it, but rather needing to be ON the food? Does that mean that I can't cook food in oil, or that I can, but can't count it.

I want to make sure I "get it" :)

karkrazy13
04-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I've tried searching for threads/posts on this, but I give up. Can someone please explain this thing about the 2 tsp of oil, to not be counted when cooking food in it, but rather needing to be ON the food? Does that mean that I can't cook food in oil, or that I can, but can't count it.

I want to make sure I "get it" :)

It is recommended that you put the oil on your food and not cook with it since you don't get all the oil on your food that way. So, I use 2 tsp. of EVOO in my salad dressing to make sure it's on my food. :) For cooking, I use 100% pure coconut oil. It works great! I hope this helps! :)

Ruth Ann
04-08-2014, 10:17 PM
It is recommended that you put the oil on your food and not cook with it since you don't get all the oil on your food that way. So, I use 2 tsp. of EVOO in my salad dressing to make sure it's on my food. :) For cooking, I use 100% pure coconut oil. It works great! I hope this helps! :)

^ This. The fat is really important so make sure you add it to your food!

lisa32989
04-08-2014, 10:48 PM
You can cook with some too, if needed. But like others have said, it doesn't all absorb from cooking (we're using so little) so if you cook with a little, put at least 1 tsp on or in your food. The salad dressing suggestion is a good one.

ChipnDip
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM
I also heard that the good qualities of EVOO get compromised when heated which is why you should always have it uncooked.

Sheriously
04-09-2014, 07:20 AM
This is all news to me!!! Thanks so much, I'm very excited about it! Since day one not even my coach told me this (when I was actually doing IP at a clinic). I've been anally measuring my 2 tsp and honestly, for the most part, it is for cooking, and it seems like so little. I'm going to have a big smile on my face using 2 tsp in my cooking now and then 1-2 tsp for my salad!!