Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Tuesday 4/8/2014

View Full Version : IP daily chat Tuesday 4/8/2014

lisa32989
04-08-2014, 07:50 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

wildirishrose
04-08-2014, 07:57 AM
What is that tea y'all use for constipation? Thinking I need to get some. Do you know if you can get it at amazon?

MarylandMom
04-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I need to repeat this all day long until it sinks into my stubborn little brain: "I WILL NOT GET ON THE SCALE EVERY DAY! I WILL ONLY USE MY OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN!"

I am doing IP with alternatives, and my self-imposed official weigh-in day is Monday. I lost 6.6 pounds the first week. Got on the scale yesterday morning for official weigh-in #2, and I was down 2.3. I got on the scale this morning and I was up .5. Now I am a rational person who knows that the .5 gain is probably water retention because I have been 100% OP since starting, but there is an irritational part of me (that has tried AND FAILED at numerous diets) that is messing with my brain and making me so fearful that this diet won't work...that this past 2 weeks is it. I've always been able to lose weight on the first few weeks of a diet. After that, nothing. It's hard to trust in the diet when so many have failed me before (or I have self-sabotaged).

Someone talk me down from this .5 gain and remind me NOT to get on the scale every day!!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

natta1125
04-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Hi! I don't post often, more of a reader than poster... But today I have a question! I don't go out to eat often, and when I do it's usually to restaurants that I have no problem sticking to the plan. Today I am meeting some friends at Panera for dinner.... I'm on phase one and haven't had Panera since I started a month ago. I was just wondering what you guys order if you go to Panera?

Thanks!

Ruth Ann
04-08-2014, 08:23 AM
What is that tea y'all use for constipation? Thinking I need to get some. Do you know if you can get it at amazon?

I use Smooth Move tea when needed - not sure if you can get it on Amazon, I find it in the regular grocery store.

I need to repeat this all day long until it sinks into my stubborn little brain: "I WILL NOT GET ON THE SCALE EVERY DAY! I WILL ONLY USE MY OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN!"

I am doing IP with alternatives, and my self-imposed official weigh-in day is Monday. I lost 6.6 pounds the first week. Got on the scale yesterday morning for official weigh-in #2, and I was down 2.3. I got on the scale this morning and I was up .5. Now I am a rational person who knows that the .5 gain is probably water retention because I have been 100% OP since starting, but there is an irritational part of me (that has tried AND FAILED at numerous diets) that is messing with my brain and making me so fearful that this diet won't work...that this past 2 weeks is it. I've always been able to lose weight on the first few weeks of a diet. After that, nothing. It's hard to trust in the diet when so many have failed me before (or I have self-sabotaged).

Someone talk me down from this .5 gain and remind me NOT to get on the scale every day!!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

I know what you are feeling! How about giving the scale to someone to hang onto and only getting it back on Monday for weigh in? Or lock it in the trunk of your car?

And your rational side is correct, of course. Unless you ate a whole bunch of stuff off plan you did NOT gain 1/2 lb of fat overnight. Most likely a higher sodium day the day before, not enough water or just your body deciding to go up a little. Remember that the scale weight is just a snapshot of that particular moment. As long as the trend over time is downwards, you are golden! I have said choice words to my scale on occasion - which always cracks dh up.

Hang in there - you are doing great!

Ruth Ann
04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi! I don't post often, more of a reader than poster... But today I have a question! I don't go out to eat often, and when I do it's usually to restaurants that I have no problem sticking to the plan. Today I am meeting some friends at Panera for dinner.... I'm on phase one and haven't had Panera since I started a month ago. I was just wondering what you guys order if you go to Panera?

Thanks!

Check out this link https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/articles/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu.html

You can have them leave off stuff that isn't IP - but Panera is easy if you know what to ask for!

wildirishrose
04-08-2014, 08:31 AM

Put your scale someplace that doesn't cross your mind and is kind of a pain to get to. Your weight fluctuates 2-5 lbs a day so don't let the gain depress you. TOM and constipation are also 2 factors that I know of that will affect your weight loss. I also notice a bigger loss in the weeks that I drink all my water and eat ALL my vegetables. *hugs* I feel your pain! It is stressful, but you know that you are down from when you started!!

mars735
04-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Thanks!

Hi, I'm not near Panera so don't go often. They have a Power menu that they are trialing, so it may or may not be on the menu. If not, you can ask for it, and tweak a little to make it IP friendly. I think it's online so you can read ahead and see the ingredients. I do that anytime I eat out--having a plan helps me a lot.

64peppergirl
04-08-2014, 09:05 AM

Thanks!

We went to Panera the other day while I was on my trip. I ordered the Classic Salad which is just a mix of lettuce with a few slices of cucumbers, onion rings and a tomato slice. I took along some diced red bell pepper, sliced asparagus and chopped fresh spinach.....and added these to my salad along with a WF Italian dressing packet.
I always carry a sharp knife in my purse so of course I chopped the salad a lot more before eating. It was delicious! Then I had a packet of SW cheese curls to munch along with it.

mars735
04-08-2014, 09:06 AM

Been there ,done that! This diet absolutely works and will work for you!

I agree with what everyone else has said, and will add this: positive self-talk really helps! Negative self-talk really doesn't help imho. In fact it can cause distress that steers you to soothe yourself with off plan eating. I don't mean empty cheerleading phrases, but finding inside of yourself what is making you want to diet and finding the part of you that is strong and can do it. It's there! Also, it's not helpful to pull up all the old past diet experiences. You are doing it DIFFERENTLY this time, if you allow yourself! You truly CAN do it.

Tisado
04-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Feeling good this morning. WI yesterday and I met my original goat set by coach and today starts P3.

Going to get real food for breakfast in a few minutes. I've really missed my yogurt.

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I'm trying to figure out way to show my weight over on the left. Finally edited it to the official WI numbers. Of course home scale numbers are about 3 pounds less so in my heart, I believe that I weighed only 162 this morning. WI yesterday was 165. Either way.. it is dance of joy time.

MarylandMom
04-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Feeling good this morning. WI yesterday and I met my original goat set by coach and today starts P3.

Going to get real food for breakfast in a few minutes. I've really missed my yogurt.

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I'm trying to figure out way to show my weight over on the left. Finally edited it to the official WI numbers. Of course home scale numbers are about 3 pounds less so in my heart, I believe that I weighed only 162 this morning. WI yesterday was 165. Either way.. it is dance of joy time.

Congrats!!! Enjoy that yogurt!!:bravo:

wildirishrose
04-08-2014, 09:41 AM

WOOOOO!!! AWESOME!! Congrats!!! What a great feeling!!!

danilynn
04-08-2014, 09:42 AM

Relax... Step back and trust your body. You will always have ups/downs throughout the day. Use what you know to trust the fact you have lost weight. 6.6 and 2.3 weight loss is GREAT!

You are doing good -- no need to second guess yourself as this diet is working for you.

schenectady
04-08-2014, 09:44 AM

As someone who has experienced this cycle of either weighing in or not, I can understand this. After being on IP for a while, I just decided that I would allow myself to weigh every day JUST for reference and to keep myself honest.

What I will suggest is that you realize this is a long process and it has its ups and downs, naturally. There will be days you lose bigger amounts that are no more logical than days when you appear to gain weight for no reason.

Hide the scale if you cannot deal with it. Put it in the garage or attic. After a while on the program if you have been losing weight steadily (which you probably will) see if you are ready to bring it back. If not, don't!

Hiker88
04-08-2014, 09:45 AM

Congrats!!

dcs0826
04-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Good morning all. I made a rookie mistake this AM..tried mixing my cappuccino drink mix with my hot coffee. It did not dissolve at all and tasted super gritty..had to toss it. Tried adding ice and shaking it..no luck. Won't be trying that again!

Chrztina
04-08-2014, 10:10 AM

I use "Get It Going" tea. You can buy it at Whole Foods or on Amazon. It tastes great and doesn't contain caffeine.

I am having a bit of trouble staying asleep since I started IP. I generally stay asleep the entire 6-8 hours I'm in bed. Now I fall asleep quickly and wake up 3-4 times for no real reason. I think my brain is having troubles powering down. I'm not sure if this is good or bad!:?:

ems70508
04-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Good morning all. I made a rookie mistake this AM..tried mixing my cappuccino drink mix with my hot coffee. It did not dissolve at all and tasted super gritty..had to toss it. Tried adding ice and shaking it..no luck. Won't be trying that again!

I find that I have that problem ANY time I use the cappuccino mix. I think it overall has a texture issue. I can't even do the ready made ones. :(

dcs0826
04-08-2014, 11:01 AM
I find that I have that problem ANY time I use the cappuccino mix. I think it overall has a texture issue. I can't even do the ready made ones. :(

Really? I havent had an issue with making it cold, and I like the ready made ones, but definitely don't try it hot!

Chrztina
04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Really? I havent had an issue with making it cold, and I like the ready made ones, but definitely don't try it hot!

I had one last night for my snack. I mixed it in the nutribullet and added ice. It was smooth and frothy like a coffee flavored milkshake. I thought about adding coffee for future breakfast drinks. Maybe it needs more power than the shaker can provide?

wildirishrose
04-08-2014, 11:09 AM

I have switched over to using mostly ready made drinks. I mentioned it to my coach and she said she doesn't have a problem with the grittiness but doesn't use very cold water to make it. I love the convenience of the ready made drinks though.

dcs0826
04-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I have switched over to using mostly ready made drinks. I mentioned it to my coach and she said she doesn't have a problem with the grittiness but doesn't use very cold water to make it. I love the convenience of the ready made drinks though.

My only complaint with the ready made drinks, at least at my clinic, is they only come in packs of 6 so there's not enough to get me through the week.

murphypuppy
04-08-2014, 11:30 AM

:^:Senna Tea. It wrecks havoc on my stomach. Myralax gets the job done without leaving me doubled over in pain. If you are using the senna tea for the first time, I would recommend that you use it at a time when you don't have a lot to get done in the hours that follow....

Ruth Ann
04-08-2014, 11:32 AM

I put mine in the Magic Bullet with water and mix it up, then pour it in a large coffee cup and add coffee and heat for about 1 minute in the microwave - works great and no gritty taste.

cray
04-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Congrats!!!! Love reading about accomplishments!!! Enjoy that yogurt!

ems70508
04-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I'll have to give it another shot in my nutribullet!

ems70508
04-08-2014, 12:22 PM
So my God-Mother sent me some seasonings to try out and I fell in LOVE with one called Sumac. I can't find it anywhere in town and thought about ordering from Amazon. Don't know if any of yall have tried it but it's been great on any meat I cook! I throw it in salads as well. My dad is currently in Dubai for work and just messaged me saying he bought me JARS! SO EXCITED! Hopefully it makes it all the way back. :^: Last night I turned my potato puree into a flat bread and tossed some sumac on top. SO GOOD! It's got a citrus type flavor. If you can find it, try it!!

Rubygirl
04-08-2014, 12:28 PM
So my God-Mother sent me some seasonings to try out and I fell in LOVE with one called Sumac. I can't find it anywhere in town and thought about ordering from Amazon. Don't know if any of yall have tried it but it's been great on any meat I cook! I throw it in salads as well. My dad is currently in Dubai for work and just messaged me saying he bought me JARS! SO EXCITED! Hopefully it makes it all the way back. :^: Last night I turned my potato puree into a flat bread and tossed some sumac on top. SO GOOD! It's got a citrus type flavor. If you can find it, try it!!

What is JARS?

ems70508
04-08-2014, 12:30 PM
What is JARS?

hehe sorry...JARS of Sumac (a lot)! Not a different type of spice!

SylviesGirl
04-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I use "Get It Going" tea. You can buy it at Whole Foods or on Amazon. It tastes great and doesn't contain caffeine.

I am having a bit of trouble staying asleep since I started IP. I generally stay asleep the entire 6-8 hours I'm in bed. Now I fall asleep quickly and wake up 3-4 times for no real reason. I think my brain is having troubles powering down. I'm not sure if this is good or bad!:?:

I remember having this problem, and I was really worried about it. After week 2, I was good to go -- getting the best sleep I had in ages. Hold on and just tell yourself that it is your body getting used to having a furnace burning ALL night rather than shutting down. Your metabolism is humming, baby! Ease your mind and wait it out. You will be sleeping better than ever very soon.

GettinHealthyNow
04-08-2014, 12:37 PM
So - today I had to update my profile/stats with the first gain I've experienced in the seven months I have been on IP. The past couple of months I've become complacent. Bite of this or that here and there, not measuring, not getting enough water in. But I continued to lose, although not at the same rate I had been the first few months when I was absolutely 100%. "No problem!" I justified it to myself. "You're looking great, you're losing, this is not a race". Well, the complacency finally bit me back and I'm UP 1.5 pounds this week. This is a wake up call. This is for LIFE. I'm not yet at goal, and even when I get there, I need to be always vigilant.

I'm back on 100%. My head is in the game.

batgirl
04-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I am new, and haven't started just yet, still reading and getting organized so I can be successful. However, I thought I'd share that I got an email from Nashua Nutrition - free shipping on orders $49+ today, code "TODAY49" at checkout. I have been reading extensively through the forums so I plan to order some alternatives, just thought I'd share since I didn't see it posted yet! It says "today only" though I am sure they offer similar promos periodically. :) Have a good day everyone!

Tisado
04-08-2014, 12:52 PM
So - today I had to update my profile/stats with the first gain I've experienced in the seven months I have been on IP. The past couple of months I've become complacent.
I'm back on 100%. ....

Glad you are back on track. Sending positive thoughts your way.
:hug:

Tisado
04-08-2014, 12:54 PM
I am new, and haven't started just yet, still reading and getting organized so I can be successful. However, I thought I'd share that I got an email from Nashua Nutrition - free shipping on orders $49+ today, code "TODAY49" at checkout. I have been reading extensively through the forums so I plan to order some alternatives, just thought I'd share since I didn't see it posted yet! It says "today only" though I am sure they offer similar promos periodically. :) Have a good day everyone!

My favorite alternative is Premier Protein chocolate drinks from Costco.
11 oz. and 160 calories, 2 net carbs. Much cheaper than IP drinks and those taste fine.

Welcome to IP :)

dcs0826
04-08-2014, 01:02 PM
I put mine in the Magic Bullet with water and mix it up, then pour it in a large coffee cup and add coffee and heat for about 1 minute in the microwave - works great and no gritty taste.

Thanks for the tip! Ill have to try that!

ems- I am of middle eastern decent and we use Sumac all the time. It is so good, especially on ground beef and also in salads! Glad you discovered it because it's delicious!

catlady1981
04-08-2014, 01:31 PM
I had a weird funny thing happen this weekend. I got the chocolate mint bars for my restricted snack. When I took the first bite I gagged. When I was about 10 my stepmother was dieting and using this candy diet thing called Ayds. Looked just like a box of candy. Being the sneaky kid that I was I took 3 or 4 and ate them all at the same time. I got sooo sick, I never forgot that taste. :mad: That bite took me right back there, it tasted so much like those candies. I was able to trade them back to the clinic for some BBQ crisps. No more gagging.:^:

wildirishrose
04-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the tip! Ill have to try that!

ems- I am of middle eastern decent and we use Sumac all the time. It is so good, especially on ground beef and also in salads! Glad you discovered it because it's delicious!

Is it spicy?

Annik
04-08-2014, 02:03 PM
I had a weird funny thing happen this weekend. I got the chocolate mint bars for my restricted snack. When I took the first bite I gagged. When I was about 10 my stepmother was dieting and using this candy diet thing called Ayds. Looked just like a box of candy. Being the sneaky kid that I was I took 3 or 4 and ate them all at the same time. I got sooo sick, I never forgot that taste. :mad: That bite took me right back there, it tasted so much like those candies. I was able to trade them back to the clinic for some BBQ crisps. No more gagging.:^:

I remember Ayds! They were awful!

SylviesGirl
04-08-2014, 02:15 PM

I remember the commercials for Ayds! I also remember them disappearing fast just about the time AIDS/HIV appeared . . . I always wondered if they renamed or just gave up.

hope2781
04-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Panic Alert!!!
I had to go to team lunch to a mongolian grill where you pick all the veggies and add spices to it.
So I remember what veggies not to eat in Phase 1 and picked those and somehow thought Tofu can be taken during lunch. I added curry powder,ginger powder,garlic powder, cajun and it turned out to be too salty and I didn't tell the chef not to add any oil but I think he might have added olive oil.

I am feeling very guilty and I have a weigh in this Friday. I am worried if I took too many carbs? Should I cut down my restricted food for today or shall I workout for 20 mins?
Since I took tofu in the afternoon, I will cut down a little bit of protein in my dinner.

I might be over reacting but I am worried not I might have stopped by body from the ketosis mode :-(

trinny
04-08-2014, 02:22 PM
My mother used to use a diet drink mix called "Alba." It never worked for her -- maybe because she used to use it as a base for milk-shakes with ice cream.

See where I inherited my problem??

JLUS
04-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Panic Alert!!!
I had to go to team lunch to a mongolian grill where you pick all the veggies and add spices to it.
So I remember what veggies not to eat in Phase 1 and picked those and somehow thought Tofu can be taken during lunch. I added curry powder,ginger powder,garlic powder, cajun and it turned out to be too salty and I didn't tell the chef not to add any oil but I think he might have added olive oil.

I am feeling very guilty and I have a weigh in this Friday. I am worried if I took too many carbs? Should I cut down my restricted food for today or shall I workout for 20 mins?
Since I took tofu in the afternoon, I will cut down a little bit of protein in my dinner.

I might be over reacting but I am worried not I might have stopped by body from the ketosis mode :-(

Take a deep breath... You are FINE. A bit of oil ISN,t a big problem... Most stays in the pan (wok) anyway.

Can you guesstimate how many oz of tofu you added? Then subtract from dinner. (Maybe select chicken or fish as your meat so it,s a little less fat.) Many people purposely split up their protein between lunch/dinner, so no issue there.

You are FINE and learned a couple more things to help you eat out next time!

dcs0826
04-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Is it spicy?

Nope..it's kind of a "zesty" taste if that makes sense.

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 03:01 PM
As someone who has experienced this cycle of either weighing in or not, I can understand this. After being on IP for a while, I just decided that I would allow myself to weigh every day JUST for reference and to keep myself honest.

What I will suggest is that you realize this is a long process and it has its ups and downs, naturally. There will be days you lose bigger amounts that are no more logical than days when you appear to gain weight for no reason.

Hide the scale if you cannot deal with it. Put it in the garage or attic. After a while on the program if you have been losing weight steadily (which you probably will) see if you are ready to bring it back. If not, don't!

Schenectady I also weigh every morning for the same reason and I record it in the notes when I record what I eat in My Fitness Pal ..it is like if I eat it or what ever scale says I post... Makes me be honest with ME... Cause if I don't record I will eat or drink it and say ahhh it don't matter Just my way of keeping my self on the diet..I also post how I feel tired hungry or happy

hope2781
04-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks JLUS. I definitely learnt a lot on what kind of instructions to be given to the chef. The first 4 or 5 days were really tough and I was sad that all my hard work was thrown away.

I will probably cut some protein from my dinner tonight.

Thanks for responding.

ems70508
04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Nope..it's kind of a "zesty" taste if that makes sense.

nope not spicy! It's definitely got some zest and an almost citrus zing to it. If that makes sense.

DCS, I'll have to try it with ground meat tonight! I made a salad dressing/meat marinade with Olive Oil, Sumac, Oregano, Basil, Salt and Garlic. As much fresh as I can use.

Yayalaine
04-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Do any of you order from www.theproteinstore.com? Their prices seem much higher than nashua or netrition, but I like the concept of shake or smoothie in a bottle. It sounds like a bottle with powder... you add water and shake, then can throw away the bottle. I don't remember seeing those before.

The site also have an option to pick six products to sample for free. I picked six, but didn't actually order anything else.

batgirl
04-08-2014, 05:23 PM
My favorite alternative is Premier Protein chocolate drinks from Costco.
11 oz. and 160 calories, 2 net carbs. Much cheaper than IP drinks and those taste fine.

Welcome to IP :)

Thank you! What about EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control? Kind of trialing these, have been drinking one for breakfast and sometimes one for a snack. Vanilla is OK (decent cold), Chocolate Fudge flavor is of course, much better. :) One shake = 17g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 100cal. They are RTD so pretty convenient. And got them at Sam's Club (I get a discount for membership through employer, we don't have Costcos nearby) so they were really affordable compared to IP. Some coworkers are doing IP and have such great success, and then finding this website I'm definitely convinced this has potential.

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Do any of you order from www.theproteinstore.com? Their prices seem much higher than nashua or netrition, but I like the concept of shake or smoothie in a bottle. It sounds like a bottle with powder... you add water and shake, then can throw away the bottle. I don't remember seeing those before.

The site also have an option to pick six products to sample for free. I picked six, but didn't actually order anything else.

I like the idea of the Orange Drink cause I miss eating fruit.. I will defiantly give that a try next time I place an order But NO I have not yet ordered from The Protein Store

65X65
04-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Thank you! What about EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control? Kind of trialing these, have been drinking one for breakfast and sometimes one for a snack. Vanilla is OK (decent cold), Chocolate Fudge flavor is of course, much better. :) One shake = 17g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 100cal. They are RTD so pretty convenient. And got them at Sam's Club (I get a discount for membership through employer, we don't have Costcos nearby) so they were really affordable compared to IP. Some coworkers are doing IP and have such great success, and then finding this website I'm definitely convinced this has potential.

I used EAS carb control along with IP products as I wanted some RTDs that were gluten free and EAS CC shakes are that.

The vanilla, choc or cafe carmel are all delish if you take to a coffee shop and have them use THAT (instead of their milk and flavoring) with the espresso shots...for a steamed latte. Wish I knew to do that LAST year when I was using them daily...but at any rate..it is something to try.

Recently I bought my own frother and now make them at home a few times a week...It's a nice alternative to a coffee shop latte full of calories and fat...(and if they ONLY use the RTD as you instruct them...it is IP compliant!) Nice way to start the day once in a while.

wildirishrose
04-08-2014, 05:50 PM
What is the scoop on horseradish? My coach says no but I've seen it in IP recipies

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 05:52 PM

I use the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes I use a little bit of the vanilla in my coffee on the days I don't work then drink the rest of that container later in the day as my other product..I love tons of creamer in my coffee but of course there is not legal creamer that I know of on IP .. I have some of the Chocolate ones but I have not tried them yet I keep one in the frig at all times for emergencies.. I also am having success eating the Quest bars gotta watch cause some have to many carbs even when u minus the fiber but they are a great alternative product for me

dcs0826
04-08-2014, 06:21 PM
nope not spicy! It's definitely got some zest and an almost citrus zing to it. If that makes sense.

DCS, I'll have to try it with ground meat tonight! I made a salad dressing/meat marinade with Olive Oil, Sumac, Oregano, Basil, Salt and Garlic. As much fresh as I can use.

Sounds delicious!

JLUS
04-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks JLUS. I definitely learnt a lot on what kind of instructions to be given to the chef. The first 4 or 5 days were really tough and I was sad that all my hard work was thrown away.

I will probably cut some protein from my dinner tonight.

Thanks for responding.

FYI - your hard work has NOT been thwarted by what you described at the Mongolian BBQ. A little extra, unplanned oil and some tofu are not going to do anything to your losses, especially since you ARE subtracting the tofu from your evening protein and aren't adding any oil to anything else today.

RELAX or the stress itself could make you gain!! :dizzy:

shrinkingsusie
04-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Popping in for a quick hello. I am really enjoying my new exercise routine and scale break. :) hope all is well with everyone.

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 08:00 PM
is there a LEGAL Chewing GUM..... I miss something sweet after lunch and supper YES YEs I have a HUGE Sweet tooth...... I find gum helps but I can not find a Chewing Gum that does NOT have Aspartame in it BLAH

ReenHag
04-08-2014, 08:09 PM

Hey, don't beat yourself up. We have all done it. Definitely avoid daily weighing while on program; however, it can be a useful tool when maintaining, and many people do weight daily on maintenance. It helps keep us honest and aware, especially once you can step back and see the number as a data point on your lifetime journey of a healthy weight.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

I have had a green salad with extra veggies and grilled chicken.

Good luck and congrats! You will do great on P3. Enjoy your breakfasts!

Thanks, and welcome! I have loved ordering from Nashua. I enjoy the ProtiDiet banana bread bars, cereals, wafers, chicken noodle soup, and shakes. Best of luck!

My husband used the EAS shakes with great success. I did not like the flavor of them, but they should be fine. I also use the lower sugar Detour bars as a restricted snack. I love the caramel nut bars!

Slipfree
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Renee, love the positive support that you give to everyone! 3 days until spring break for me, can not wait.

HulaChic
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

I asked my husband to take the scale and hide it since Day 1. I weighed like 5 times a day knowing full well that is just ridiculous! But I did it anyways. On my WI days, I ask him to put it out in the morning so HE can see how much I weigh before I drink anything...and without clothes. Now, he looks at the number, but not me. My WI is at 9:30am...so I give him a call on my home. I tell him the number from my official IP WI and he tells me what I had at home. May sound complicated, but I like it this way. I always way a little less at home...I'm sure since it's first thing in the morning and I'm naked! :)

HulaChic
04-08-2014, 08:19 PM
WI #5 today! -1.8 lbs. Total 15 lbs so far! I always want more, but I'll take 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Haven't been able to lose that much weight in years.

Feeling very grateful for this opportunity, thankful to have found IP (and this forum), and excited for the next WI!

Pauline

MarylandMom
04-08-2014, 08:45 PM
WI #5 today! -1.8 lbs. Total 15 lbs so far! I always want more, but I'll take 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Haven't been able to lose that much weight in years.

Feeling very grateful for this opportunity, thankful to have found IP (and this forum), and excited for the next WI!

Pauline

WOO WOO!!! Keep it up!!:carrot:

Rubygirl
04-08-2014, 09:27 PM
hehe sorry...JARS of Sumac (a lot)! Not a different type of spice!

:dizzy:LOL too funny........duh!!!

Fearciuil
04-08-2014, 09:30 PM
ARGH! I've come down with the worst case of full-on laryngitis I've ever had. It was threatening Sunday and yesterday, and by the end of the day today, I had effectively no voice left. I think it's a combination of IP (my skin has been unusually dry for at least a couple of weeks), dry weather, impending TOM, and spring break ending (didn't have to talk all day, every day for 10 days!) Lemon green tea is definitely on the menu for a few days. WI is the day after tomorrow, so I can ask my coach then if it doesn't get better....

Speaking of my coach: lisa32989, my coach thinks your packet zucchini muffins are amazingly creative and she'd like the recipe to pass along to other IPers. Would you mind if I gave it to her?

JLUS
04-08-2014, 09:44 PM

Pauline

Losing THREE POUNDS PER WEEK for five weeks in a row is an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats!

lisa32989
04-08-2014, 09:51 PM
ARGH! I've come down with the worst case of full-on laryngitis I've ever had. It was threatening Sunday and yesterday, and by the end of the day today, I had effectively no voice left. I think it's a combination of IP (my skin has been unusually dry for at least a couple of weeks), dry weather, impending TOM, and spring break ending (didn't have to talk all day, every day for 10 days!) Lemon green tea is definitely on the menu for a few days. WI is the day after tomorrow, so I can ask my coach then if it doesn't get better....

Speaking of my coach: lisa32989, my coach thinks your packet zucchini muffins are amazingly creative and she'd like the recipe to pass along to other IPers. Would you mind if I gave it to her?

It's not really my recipe. I found it here!

ReenHag
04-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Renee, love the positive support that you give to everyone! 3 days until spring break for me, can not wait.

Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school.

Enjoy your three days and (more importantly) your break!

I asked my husband to take the scale and hide it since Day 1. I weighed like 5 times a day knowing full well that is just ridiculous! But I did it anyways. On my WI days, I ask him to put it out in the morning so HE can see how much I weigh before I drink anything...and without clothes. Now, he looks at the number, but not me. My WI is at 9:30am...so I give him a call on my home. I tell him the number from my official IP WI and he tells me what I had at home. May sound complicated, but I like it this way. I always way a little less at home...I'm sure since it's first thing in the morning and I'm naked! :)

Hey, it sounds like you have developed a plan that really works for you. Excellent!

Pauline

Way to go! Amazing losses!

ARGH! I've come down with the worst case of full-on laryngitis I've ever had. It was threatening Sunday and yesterday, and by the end of the day today, I had effectively no voice left. I think it's a combination of IP (my skin has been unusually dry for at least a couple of weeks), dry weather, impending TOM, and spring break ending (didn't have to talk all day, every day for 10 days!) Lemon green tea is definitely on the menu for a few days. WI is the day after tomorrow, so I can ask my coach then if it doesn't get better..

Any chance it may be related to allergy season?

ChipnDip
04-08-2014, 10:07 PM
is there a LEGAL Chewing GUM..... I miss something sweet after lunch and supper YES YEs I have a HUGE Sweet tooth...... I find gum helps but I can not find a Chewing Gum that does NOT have Aspartame in it BLAH

IP allows Spry gum but not unlimited. Not even suggested for everyday. It is sweetened with xylitol. I bought it at a health food store. 1.7 calories. .72 carbs, .72 xylitol. I looked at Pur gum as it is xylitol too but 5 calories a piece.

The Spry recommendation was found in the "chats" that follow my daily videos back when they talked about bad breath from ketosis.

Annik
04-08-2014, 10:22 PM
My mother used to use a diet drink mix called "Alba." It never worked for her -- maybe because she used to use it as a base for milk-shakes with ice cream.

See where I inherited my problem??

You are funny! I got a chuckle out of this! Thanks...made my evening!

Slipfree
04-08-2014, 10:24 PM
"Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school."

Renee, so funny! I had my useless faculty meeting today, a parent tried to give me heck(but backed down), and I am at an all day evaluation meeting on Thurs. I think we have earned our break! Biggest frustration is that the kids just do not do their work outside of class. (I get 20 turned in on time/80)

Question for you, do you know of a bar that can be used for an unrestricted?

Fearciuil
04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Any chance it may be related to allergy season?
I've never had allergies before, and I don't have sniffles/itchy eyes/sneezing/etc.

Actually, a quick chat with Professor Google suggests my post-Nexium reflux rebound might be at fault.

AmberLS
04-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Oh I wish Friday would get here, spring break can not come fast enough. Ready to relax and enjoy some time with my kids.

mars735
04-09-2014, 12:04 AM
"Thanks! Three days for me, too, and this week is just dragging. We have what is shaping up to be a difficult parent meeting tomorrow after our weekly pointless waste-of-time called a faculty meeting. Then I am out at a math meeting all day Thursday. I am also stressing about ending my year with my eighth grade. A challenging group of kids, for sure, so i am struggling with how to best wrap up their year in math and language arts and prepare them for high school."

Renee, so funny! I had my useless faculty meeting today, a parent tried to give me heck(but backed down), and I am at an all day evaluation meeting on Thurs. I think we have earned our break! Biggest frustration is that the kids just do not do their work outside of class. (I get 20 turned in on time/80)

After reading about your long and busy week, I misinterpreted your last question. I thought you were looking for a bar that served IP-friendly cocktails, as if there were such a thing!

AlaskaLadyie
04-09-2014, 01:15 AM
Thank you..for the information about the Spry gum . i will see if our local health food store has it or see about ordering on line... Not for every day but just once in a while Thanks

drd1961
04-09-2014, 04:13 AM
http://cathe.com/veggie-fast-track-simple-ways-to-get-vegetables-on-the-table-fast

http://cathe.com/5-common-cardiovascular-training-mistakes-to-avoid

http://cathe.com/obesity-and-carbohydrates-do-some-obese-people-digest-carbohydrates-differently

Slipfree
04-09-2014, 06:16 AM
After reading about your long and busy week, I misinterpreted your last question. I thought you were looking for a bar that served IP-friendly cocktails, as if there were such a thing!

:rofl: so funny! Mars, you started my day with a great laugh. No, I am looking for an alternative protein bar, that is unrestricted.

ReenHag
04-09-2014, 08:53 AM

We definitely have earned our break! I, too, have the issue with lack of work being completed and with very poor quality work. (Not to the point of only 25% completion, but still low.) I am just feeling so burned out at this point! Two and a half more days!

I do not know of a bar that I would be willing to use as unrestricted. I know some of the Quest bars straddle the line, but I do not remember which they are. (I only like two flavors of the Quest bars.) The Quest bar thread should have more information. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

LOL! Great way to start my Wednesday! And I need one of those IP friendly cocktails and the IP Bar!

Hawaii69
04-09-2014, 08:55 AM
I use the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes I use a little bit of the vanilla in my coffee on the days I don't work then drink the rest of that container later in the day as my other product..I love tons of creamer in my coffee but of course there is not legal creamer that I know of on IP .. I have some of the Chocolate ones but I have not tried them yet I keep one in the frig at all times for emergencies.. I also am having success eating the Quest bars gotta watch cause some have to many carbs even when u minus the fiber but they are a great alternative product for me

I can't drink my coffee or tea without creamer so I use the RTD vanilla shake as a substitute... I love it! I don't put enough in to affect my losses..

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 10:38 AM

These shakes are the only thing I use for bfast (cafe caramel and french vanilla in my coffee!!), I then have a shake in the evenings (either chocolate fudge or dark chocolate) and have them really really cold! It's a great treat. I still use the IP foods during the day. I usually have a bar or a bag of the IP chips. I have stayed consisten with my weight loss. Highly recommend these shakes!

sweetenuf
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Can we switch dinner and lunch?

Ruth Ann
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Yes, lot of people do that! If it works better for you, go for it.

kontesanera
04-09-2014, 11:59 AM

Of course you can. I usually do that on the weekends or if I am having a team lunch at work.

sweetenuf
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
thank you ladies!

MarylandMom
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Is it okay to eat the pre-cooked chicken strips (not the marinated ones) that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store? I'm often in a pinch on soccer nights and they would be easy to saute with some veggies.

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Is it okay to eat the pre-cooked chicken strips (not the marinated ones) that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store? I'm often in a pinch on soccer nights and they would be easy to saute with some veggies.

:dizzy: I have used the pre-cooked chicken before and it did not make a difference in my weight loss for the week....Just make sure it is chicken BREASTS!! I accidentally bought chicken fajita meat once that was pre-cooked and ate some, maybe 2 ounces. It was disgusting though because it wasn't lean. I looked at the package and it had thigh meat in it. So I quit eating it!! Hope this helps! Lean lunch meat works well too when you are in a pinch! :dizzy:

Ruth Ann
04-09-2014, 12:30 PM
:dizzy: I have used the pre-cooked chicken before and it did not make a difference in my weight loss for the week....Just make sure it is chicken BREASTS!! I accidentally bought chicken fajita meat once that was pre-cooked and ate some, maybe 2 ounces. It was disgusting though because it wasn't lean. I looked at the package and it had thigh meat in it. So I quit eating it!! Hope this helps! Lean lunch meat works well too when you are in a pinch! :dizzy:

I would add that you want to carefully read the ingredients. The one I looked at the other day (I don't remember which brand) had all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce in it! You might be better off on a weekend just cooking up a ton of chicken breasts and freezing them in portion sized bags for quick dinners.

MarylandMom
04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
I would add that you want to carefully read the ingredients. The one I looked at the other day (I don't remember which brand) had all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce in it! You might be better off on a weekend just cooking up a ton of chicken breasts and freezing them in portion sized bags for quick dinners.

I was learning towards doing that since a lot of those pre-cooked chicken strips are in a "solution" to keep them fresher longer, and the quality of the meat is just not all that good. I look so forward to my dinners that I might as well have the good stuff, right?? I think I will be cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts this weekend!:dizzy:

ChipnDip
04-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Anyone else find they do some silly things on weigh in days? I try and pick my "lightest" clothes. I make sure I pee right before and I hardly eat or drink in the few hours before I go. I remember at WW wrong ins how many women would be taking layers off. Every ounce counts! ;)

Tisado
04-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Anyone else find they do some silly things on weigh in days? I try and pick my "lightest" clothes. I make sure I pee right before and I hardly eat or drink in the few hours before I go. I remember at WW wrong ins how many women would be taking layers off. Every ounce counts! ;)

I've worn the exact same clothes for each weigh-in. Yoga pants and a matching T-shirt. I just bought yoga pants in smaller size but that will still be my WI uniform.

And, I've been known to save my afternoon snack until "after"

:dizzy:

ChipnDip
04-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm hoping Lisa is ok? Im used to the next days thread being posted nice and early!

NSV. My husband is starting on Monday with alternatives. I've been trying not to push him. This plan only works when you personally commit to it. He hates salad so I am a little concerned. I'd never get him in to a coach so I figure we can mix and match IP an alternatives together.

Tisado
04-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping Lisa is ok? Im used to the next days thread being posted nice and early!

Yes, also wondered about Lisa.

Hoping that she won the lotto and is on her way to a cruise to Fiji or somewhere warm.

mars735
04-09-2014, 05:52 PM

I always take off my watch. And it's good thing, too. I just now weighed it on my food scale--a whopping 3.25 oz, lol! I used to practically fast on WI day, hold the water, eat a soy nut packet instead of heavier drink meal, etc. One day I decided it just wasn't worth worrying about the scale as long as the monthly trend was in the right direction. I've been fortunate to have a supportive coach.

lisa32989
04-09-2014, 07:36 PM
OMG I woke up early, rolled out of bed to do my classic stretch show on PBS

Completely forgot to update daily thread
To top it off, had a super busy work day & couldn't check in.

Thanks for your concern. It's nice to feel the love :hug:

All is well...carry on...guess we're Tuesday on Wednesday this week.

JLUS
04-09-2014, 07:38 PM
You were MISSED but glad all is well!

lisa32989
04-09-2014, 07:47 PM
The p1 sheet lists chicken, not just breasts. Dark meat is okay, too.
It does say skinless.
Lunch meats have lots of ingredients. Read carefully.

Yes, also wondered about Lisa.

Hoping that she won the lotto and is on her way to a cruise to Fiji or somewhere warm.
Wishful!!!
I've always thought Tahiti would be a nice first stop.

Fearciuil
04-09-2014, 08:32 PM
:woohoo: The school's scale, which tends to give heavier weights than my coach's, has me below 250lbs as of this afternoon! :woohoo: Official WI tomorrow.

ReenHag
04-09-2014, 10:15 PM
:woohoo: The school's scale, which tends to give heavier weights than my coach's, has me below 250lbs as of this afternoon! :woohoo: Official WI tomorrow.

Woo hoo! Congrats!