Ideal Protein Diet - April Fantastic Loosers

View Full Version : April Fantastic Loosers

AlaskaLadyie
04-06-2014, 01:30 AM
I started IP the 31st of March so Thought a Thread for first part of April might be fun....... I have dieted alot done every diet imaginable..
Please join me in this skinny quest

JLUS
04-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I added a post under the Day Two Looking for a Buddy in response to your post there!

IPCali
04-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the thread. I started on March 18th so I am on about day 19. I think I lost about 14 lbs so far!

I have also dieted a lot and done every diet imaginable.

The easiness factor for me on Ideal Protein is a 'ten'. :dance:

On every other diet, the easiness factor for me is about a 'zero' on all of the other diets... just failure... and failure in the first week!

I think IP is a God send!

kbaggy
04-07-2014, 02:46 AM
I am on Day 2. My husband & I started April 4th. We are having a hard time leaving sugar behind. Focusing on the next 7 weeks!

AlaskaLadyie
04-07-2014, 02:56 AM
I had a rough day yesterday ..... I was hungry all day.... BUT had a Whoosh and the scale was down 3# this morning..............YAHOO I am happy
I have lost 8# and this was day 6
I am reading the Book Fit for Life and it is so helpful to explain about why I have such a huge appetite and what to do about it
I have searched for 50 years to an answer for that Huge appetite I have I hope I can take the advice in this book and get to my goal and stay there
That will be my Glory.............Thanks for joining me my Friends

lisa32989
04-07-2014, 03:01 AM
There are just a couple threads that were started sometime ago based on what month someone started... But that is not really the way the site operates. I suggest you jump right in he Daily Chat, where most everyone checks in and posts. The first thread of the day is RICH with helpful links that newbies will want to read carefully.

Also, in that thread as with most others, you will get a helpful balance of viewpoints from new starters and seasoned IPers alike. I think it is important to learn from those who have been on the journey and have the most experience from which to earn. You will also be able to connect with people just starting out which can also be helpful comparing notes with someone in a similar point of IP as you are.

Also READ READ READ everything you can on here and you will learn far more than a coach will ever tell you!

Hungry - did your coach tell you you could have an extra non-restricted packet in the first weeks? And - over 200 lbs is an automatic fourth packet until you get under. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce (anything with the word lettuce... Iceberg, romain, Bibb, etc) add your daily olive oil and cider vinegar or some Walden Farms dressing. Try scrambling an egg white or two with spices. Save a half cup of veggies to use as a snack (pickles do well to halt hunger). Drink hot teas or fat free broth to curb hunger. Also be sure to weigh ALL veg and meat RAW... Eyeballing it can shortchange the amount you are eating (or give you too much).

Headache - are you adding your salt? You need it every day because you do not get enough on IP with what you are eating. For the headache, lick salt right off your hand to help the headache!

The first 4-5 days are usually rough as you are also withdrawing from your usual carb in take and entering Ketosis, which, by the way, often curbs hunger! Yay!

HANG IN THERE and join us by posting your questions in any existing thread that fits your topic.
Thought I'd repost this response from another thread b/c it was right on point

kbaggy
04-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the post! Any encouragement is much appreciated at this point! Congratulations at almost GOAL!

AlaskaLadyie
04-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the post Lisa............ I found the Daily thread talking too much about getting to goal and folks talking about going back to eating regular food...........
I found it very helpful when I was doing the hCG diet to find a group who started about he same time as I did and we were all in about the same place and encouraged each other and it was very uplifting to all be in about the same place even though we all had different amount of # we wanted to loose.
I saw a thread for October starters so figured a April Thread might be helpful
Thank you

AlaskaLadyie
04-07-2014, 03:44 PM
I am sure for me this is the hardest diet for being hungry..........
I drink between 120 to 200 oz of water each day and take my salt but OH MY I am having a rough time with hunger issues

texaschick0925
04-07-2014, 03:44 PM
I started IP on February 5, and am down 37 lbs......this program works if you follow it right! Best of luck to everyone!!

AlaskaLadyie
04-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Texas Chick ... Thank you that is encouraging......... all encouragement is soooooo helpful.... Did u deal with hunger issues.... A friend here at work is dealing with not being even hungry enough to be able to eat her required vegetables and I am eating tons of Lettuce...
If u dealt with hunger issues what did u find as a solution??????//

kaylynt
04-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I started IP on February 5, and am down 37 lbs......this program works if you follow it right! Best of luck to everyone!!

What do you mean by "right"? Do you prefectly to a T? Just curious? Cause whatever you are doing it working. Thats averaging 4.5 pounds a week...whats your secret? 100 % no cheating?

Do you use restricteds?

texaschick0925
04-07-2014, 04:09 PM
I have been on plan for 45 days and have lost 37 lbs!!!!! Here's to another 40!!!

AlaskaLadyie
04-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Darn I went to 2 different stores on my lunch to get Walden Farms 1000 Island dressing and neither one had any... Got a bottle of Ranch and Blue Cheese but I like the 1000 Island the Best... Feel a bit better in the hunger department since I had lunch..

AlaskaLadyie
04-07-2014, 09:01 PM
[/B]I have been on plan for 45 days and have lost 37 lbs!!!!! Here's to another 40!!!

TexasChick Would u mind sharing a daily menu or 2 of what you eat ????? and do you do any exercise or are u a pretty active person???

lisa32989
04-07-2014, 09:13 PM
The What are You Eating thread has lots of great ideas for menus

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Good Morning April losers... I sure do feel better today as far as hunger it is not all gone but so far today I do not feel starving like I have...
I have lost 8# this past week my 1st week so real happy about that..
Happy Tuesday my April Freinds

AlaskanRN
04-08-2014, 06:13 PM
:(Good Morning April losers... I sure do feel better today as far as hunger it is not all gone but so far today I do not feel starving like I have...
I have lost 8# this past week my 1st week so real happy about that..
Happy Tuesday my April Freinds

Hey there fellow Alaskan! :)

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.

ChipnDip
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
:(

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.

Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
:(

I Hear ya AlaskanRN... It has snowed here for the past 2 days just after I got the Hardpack on my Driveway removed on Sat Evening..I was so READY For Spring... I am trying an experiment today... I was eating IP oatmeal for breakfast and an Ideal Protein at 11 cause I do not go to lunch till 2 as I work till 6 so it is usually 7 before I get supper cooked.. Today I had the IP oatmeal for Breakfast but decided to have some lettuce and about 3 oz of chicken at 11 instead of an Sweet IP food Packet cause yesterday I caved and had some Chicken I had brought with me at about 330 and after that I felt so much better... So maybe for me I need real food meals 2 times per day Cause today I feel a whole lot better Sorta holding my breath that things stay this way .. thank you for joining the April thread... The other advantage is we are on the same time Zone :)

AlaskanRN
04-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.

No I haven't been overly active at all this past week, I haven't been able to do anything, no energy. For veggies I eat bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions, and zucchini, same mix of veggies everyday twice a day, 4 cups, I always measure it out. I don't buy the ketostix but as gross as this sounds, I can tell when Im in ketosis by the odor of my urine and mine still smells like normal urine smell, ha Im a nurse so sniffing doesn't bother me :)

emmy55
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi all. I started March 24 so today is day 16. Down 11.5 lbs at weigh in today.
I have not been too hungry = just craving sweets the first week. when I do feel hungry I drink more water and that helps. I eat at least 2 cups of baby romaine lettuce at lunch and dinner with WF dressings. Then for lunch I make a soup and add 2 c steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh spinach to either the soup or lettuce. I probably get 12 - 14 glasses of water a day which my coach says makes a lot of difference. Love the pudding for after dinner snack. sometimes I put in freezer to sort of make ice cream. Can you all have Splenda? That is the hardest for me - supposed to cut back to 5 packets a day. And I love my coffee in morning and hot peppermint tea at night.

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi all. I started March 24 so today is day 16. Down 11.5 lbs at weigh in today.
I have not been too hungry = just craving sweets the first week. when I do feel hungry I drink more water and that helps. I eat at least 2 cups of baby romaine lettuce at lunch and dinner with WF dressings. Then for lunch I make a soup and add 2 c steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh spinach to either the soup or lettuce. I probably get 12 - 14 glasses of water a day which my coach says makes a lot of difference. Love the pudding for after dinner snack. sometimes I put in freezer to sort of make ice cream. Can you all have Splenda? That is the hardest for me - supposed to cut back to 5 packets a day. And I love my coffee in morning and hot peppermint tea at night.
Welcome emmy55... glad u joined us... I use Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener and Xyortal But I am not positive Xyortal is legal or how ever it is spelled I am a horrible speller.. I sometimes chew gum to help with the Sweet cravings and I have heard that there is a legal gum but I searched the store today on my lunch and can not find any that DO NOT have aspartame in them

AlaskaLadyie
04-08-2014, 08:56 PM

ChipnDip... Is just great you joined us and chimed in... the more the merrier and u got a few more days of experience that the rest of us ..I too have found the extra salt crazy as it sounds soooo helps me in the hunger department... I did get some Ketostix on my lunch today... I am just courious to see how they read and I will probably write the # or Shade down in my fitness pal info to see if I see any sort of pattern Thank you for your questions and input

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Texas Chick ... Thank you that is encouraging......... all encouragement is soooooo helpful.... Did u deal with hunger issues.... A friend here at work is dealing with not being even hungry enough to be able to eat her required vegetables and I am eating tons of Lettuce...
If u dealt with hunger issues what did u find as a solution??????//

I did deal with hunger issues in the beginning but after the first week they went away, now they are just here and there. It takes me forever to eat my dinner meal because there just seems to be so much food. I think I've been successful because I drink more than the amount of water we are supposed to have a day (around 100 ounces usually). I also only use two splenda's a day with my morning coffee. If I have any other sweetners, it is usually in sugar free candy. I do not have these every day.....but if I am craving something then I will grab a sugar-free lemon drop or a sugar-free jolly rancher (hard candy). I was never a chocolate candy lover, not that I didn't eat it all the time......but fruity candy was always my weakness. A serving size of both is about 4-5 pieces, so eating one or two a day has not affected my weight loss at all. It does help me stay on plan though. I am also finding if I get a craving or get hungry I come to this site and read everyone's posts (I'm still trying to get the hang of it!) and then I'm satisfied!

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 02:00 PM
What do you mean by "right"? Do you prefectly to a T? Just curious? Cause whatever you are doing it working. Thats averaging 4.5 pounds a week...whats your secret? 100 % no cheating?

Do you use restricteds?

The only thing I don't do to a T is I use sugar free candy every now and then (see previous response). You have to eat everything and don't skip a meal or a snack. Take your vitamins too! Make sure you drink your water and if you can take in extra water.

Ruth Ann
04-09-2014, 02:11 PM
The only thing I don't do to a T is I use sugar free candy every now and then (see previous response). You have to eat everything and don't skip a meal or a snack. Take your vitamins too! Make sure you drink your water and if you can take in extra water.

Those sugar free Jolly Ranchers have 4 carbs each in them. Those extra carbs can add up fast.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/sugar-free/jolly-rancher-hard-candy.aspx?cat=sn

Anything not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 02:14 PM
[/B]

TexasChick Would u mind sharing a daily menu or 2 of what you eat ????? and do you do any exercise or are u a pretty active person???

The only exercise that I do is walk our dog for about 25-30 min 4-5 times a week. I just started this about 3-4 weeks ago, so I don't think it has helped/hurt the weight loss.

Bfast - 2 cups of coffee w/EAS Advantedge Shake (cafe caramel or french vanilla) 2 splendas
Lunch - IP (usually restricted chips or bars) food with 2 cups of veggies
Snack (either before or after dinner) - EAS Advantedge Shake (usually dark chocolate or chocolate fudge)
Dinner - 8 oz protein (pork chop, grilled chicken breast, pork and venison sausage, grilled sirloin, fish, etc.)

I usually cook my vegetables in olive oil and use the IP salt. There are a couple of days where I forget the olive oil. But it hasn't affected me much.

I will be honest and I occasionally have 1-2 pieces of sugar free candy (lemon drops and jolly ranchers) just to break it up a little. It's not on plan, but sometimes it just can't be helped when everyone else for instance is eating Easter candy, so I figure it's okay!

Hope this helps!! This program has really suprised me, but it definetly works if you stick to it. I haven't binged on anything horrible in almost 10 weeks and haven't wanted too!!! That's a first for me on any diet!

GOOD LUCK!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Those sugar free Jolly Ranchers have 4 carbs each in them. Those extra carbs can add up fast.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/sugar-free/jolly-rancher-hard-candy.aspx?cat=sn

Anything not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar

I have almost a whole bag of them in my car....here lately I've just been using the lemon drops. They have about the same....but I don't do it everyday. Not saying I recommend using them, it's just what has kept me on the right track. Thanks for the info though!! For sure if I see a stall in weight loss then I will stop using them.

Ruth Ann
04-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I have almost a whole bag of them in my car....here lately I've just been using the lemon drops. They have about the same....but I don't do it everyday. Not saying I recommend using them, it's just what has kept me on the right track. Thanks for the info though!! For sure if I see a stall in weight loss then I will stop using them.

If you need to use something, my coach recommended these:

http://www.icechipscandy.com/

I am very careful with them because some flavors set off cravings, but they are really good.

texaschick0925
04-09-2014, 02:37 PM
If you need to use something, my coach recommended these:

http://www.icechipscandy.com/

I am very careful with them because some flavors set off cravings, but they are really good.

Awesome! Thanks.....looks like they sell thim in Austin, will have to look into them more!! ;)

AlaskaLadyie
04-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks so much Texas Chick... I find the salt really helps me.... I feel ok today finally a week and 1/2 into this...I use the EAS Advantage in my coffee too but have been only letting my self have that on Wed and Sunday the days I am at home from my In town job... I have tried lifting weights but one day it caused a gain probably muscle retention of water so I decided to wait a couple of weeks and then try a shortened version of my weight lifting work out ...I am holding my breath today that this satisfied feeling continues... Now I just gotta find something to keep me busy :)

cschmandt
04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Good Afternoon All!!

I started IP on March 15th and I am on day 26 today. At my weigh in this week I am down a total of 17 pounds and 13.25 inches.

I have been OP and have been blessed that I have not cheated. That is an awesome feeling!!

Today's Menu:
B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Beef Pasta Soup and salad
S: IP Lemon Chiffon Pudding
D: Big Mac in a Bowl

I drink 5 liters of water daily.

I have found some awesome recipes on:
http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

booklover811
04-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm on day 19. It gets just a little bit easier each day and people are starting to notice a difference. Hearing their compliments helps keep me going. Good luck!!

JLUS
04-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Good Afternoon All!!

I started IP on March 15th and I am on day 26 today. At my weigh in this week I am down a total of 17 pounds and 13.25 inches.

I have been OP and have been blessed that I have not cheated. That is an awesome feeling!!

Today's Menu:
B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake
L: IP Beef Pasta Soup and salad
S: IP Lemon Chiffon Pudding
D: Big Mac in a Bowl

I drink 5 liters of water daily.

I have found some awesome recipes on:
http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

Just curious, is your coach suggesting four packets per day? That is quite unusual unless you are over 200 pounds or in your first week or two (neither of which you are). I just ask and add my comment because other newbies may wonder and it is outside the norm for IP.

Also just clarifying (for everyone) that your salad includes 2 cups veggies in addition to lettuce and that you are adding 2 cups veggies to you Big Mac Bowl (I usually have to supplement mine since I can not eat 2 cups of pickles and onions as my veggie serving! But maybe that's just me.)

Congrats on your successes! :carrot:

emmy55
04-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Ruth Ann - Thanks! Just ordered some Ice Chips candy.

Ruth Ann
04-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Ruth Ann - Thanks! Just ordered some Ice Chips candy.

You're quite welcome!

ChipnDip
04-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Welcome emmy55... glad u joined us... I use Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener and Xyortal But I am not positive Xyortal is legal or how ever it is spelled I am a horrible speller.. I sometimes chew gum to help with the Sweet cravings and I have heard that there is a legal gum but I searched the store today on my lunch and can not find any that DO NOT have aspartame in them

Look for Spry gum. Sweetened with xylitol. It is IP approved for occasional use. Pur gum has no aspartame but has a bit more calories.

AlaskaLadyie
04-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Wow I was really busy today............ Miss my IP Peeps....I was so busy I know I did not drink enough water today.. Hers to tomorrow being a better day.. I am going to check our local Heath food store for the for the Spry gum and night just order some of those Ice Chips too .. Next Payday he he.........Catch you tomorrow my IP freinds

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Just curious, is your coach suggesting four packets per day? That is quite unusual unless you are over 200 pounds or in your first week or two (neither of which you are). I just ask and add my comment because other newbies may wonder and it is outside the norm for IP.

Also just clarifying (for everyone) that your salad includes 2 cups veggies in addition to lettuce and that you are adding 2 cups veggies to you Big Mac Bowl (I usually have to supplement mine since I can not eat 2 cups of pickles and onions as my veggie serving! But maybe that's just me.)

Congrats on your successes! :carrot:

Hi JLUS:

To clarify, the IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar is a restricted item that was added into my items, this week. I think that this is common in the IP program that everyone gets a restricted item per day after their 3rd weigh in. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I do have veggies included in my salad at lunch. The Big Mac in a Bowl calls for lettuce, pickles and onion along with WF Thousand Island dressing.

This is my menu for today:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

Water: 5 liters

Happy Thursday All!!! :D

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi JLUS:

To clarify, the IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar is a restricted item that was added into my items, this week. I think that this is common in the IP program that everyone gets a restricted item per day after their 3rd weigh in. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I do have veggies included in my salad at lunch. The Big Mac in a Bowl calls for lettuce, pickles and onion along with WF Thousand Island dressing.

This is my menu for today:

Water: 5 liters

Happy Thursday All!!! :D

The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I've had restricted items since I started, the "after 3rd weigh in" sounds like a coach's "house rules".

And I asked this question in the What Are You Eating thread, don't feel you have to answer in both places!

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 12:43 PM
The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I've had restricted items since I started, the "after 3rd weigh in" sounds like a coach's "house rules".

And I asked this question in the What Are You Eating thread, don't feel you have to answer in both places!

Per my coach, I was to continue eating my 3 IP packets each day along with adding a restricted item. She stated, "make sure you eat your 3 IP packets as well." I do not know if this is correct or not. Some guidance would be appreciated. If I am to only have 1 restricted item and 2 IP Packets, then I should get that clarified by those who have been on the plan.:?:

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Per my coach, I was to continue eating my 3 IP packets each day along with adding a restricted item. She stated, "make sure you eat your 3 IP packets as well." I do not know if this is correct or not. Some guidance would be appreciated. If I am to only have 1 restricted item and 2 IP Packets, then I should get that clarified by those who have been on the plan.:?:

Look at the P1 sheet in the 1st post of the daily sheet. It's 2 unrestricted and one restricted. During the first week you can add an extra packet to get over the hump if you need to.

Are you doing heavy exercise or some other reason your coach might want you to have extra protein

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 12:57 PM

I just contacted the director of the program to clarify that I am to do the 3 IP Packets and the 1 restricted item "after my 3rd weigh in" in Phase 1. She informed me that if you replace an IP packet (which is giving protein for the body from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and the snack) then the weight loss on the scale will slow down as well.

She informed me that the bar and/or chips is a carb snack for the brain to keep the body in ketosis, otherwise the brain will go into starvation mode and the weight loss will slow down on the scale each week.

She stated that it is the "protocol" for Phase 1.

JLUS
04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
I just contacted the director of the program to clarify that I am to do the 3 IP Packets and the 1 restricted item "after my 3rd weigh in" in Phase 1. She informed me that if you replace an IP packet (which is giving protein for the body from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and the snack) then the weight loss on the scale will slow down as well.

She informed me that the bar and/or chips is a carb snack for the brain to keep the body in ketosis, otherwise the brain will go into starvation mode and the weight loss will slow down on the scale each week.

She stated that it is the "protocol" for Phase 1.

That is most DEFINITELY house rules for that center then... It is NOT the IP protocol at all. Restricteds have all the same protein requirements that the packet has so it is not taking anything away, it is only adding a slightly higher carb (and or fat/calorie) count which is what makes them restricted.

No one here is telling you to change... Just making sure that everyone who reads this understands that not all coaching is equal and we all have to decide how best to proceed given all the information from all sources.

Sorry if this causes frustration as that is not the intent!

JLUS
04-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Not to belabor the subject, but... I looked at the IP P1 sheet and I respectfully think that the clinic may be misinterpreting the protocol. In the meal by meal iT shows 1 IP Packet per meal in bold. At the bottom of the sheet it states one IP Restricted item may be used per day. It does not further clarify that restricted is to replace a packet above, but that IS the protocol...

For example, I was allowed restricted from the beginning so my coach gave me 21 packets for week one and put a red R on seven restricted items so I would be sure to only use one per day and have two unrestricted packets.

Again, all just for clarification for the new IPers.

It is well known on these boards that not all clinics/coaches have as much knowledge as we would like or the complete training OR they decide to make "house rules" thinking they have leeway to change IP as they would like.

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Good information from JLUS (as usual).

Don't mean to confuse you cschmandt. It sounds like your coach is making up his/her own rules. The added protein and carbs could potentially slow down your losses, not speed them up.

cschmandt
04-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Not to belabor the subject, but... I looked at the IP P1 sheet and I respectfully think that the clinic may be misinterpreting the protocol. In the meal by meal iT shows 1 IP Packet per meal in bold. At the bottom of the sheet it states one IP Restricted item may be used per day. It does not further clarify that restricted is to replace a packet above, but that IS the protocol...

For example, I was allowed restricted from the beginning so my coach gave me 21 packets for week one and put a red R on seven restricted items so I would be sure to only use one per day and have two unrestricted packets.

Again, all just for clarification for the new IPers.

It is well known on these boards that not all clinics/coaches have as much knowledge as we would like or the complete training OR they decide to make "house rules" thinking they have leeway to change IP as they would like.

I went back and read the Phase 1 protocol sheet as well. I am confused, that is for sure. I have several friends who are on the program and I am checking with them as well.

I do not want to gain, that is not the ideal or stall. I am needing the best advise that anyone can give me so I can make the correct decision on what to do.

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I went back and read the Phase 1 protocol sheet as well. I am confused, that is for sure. I have several friends who are on the program and I am checking with them as well.

I do not want to gain, that is not the ideal or stall. I am needing the best advise that anyone can give me so I can make the correct decision on what to do.

So glad you are checking it out! We all want you to succeed and I love that you are open to listening - you'll do great!

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 02:51 PM

You know, it suddenly dawned on me that your menu:

None of those appear to be Ideal Protein products. Is your coach selling something other than IP products?

sunflwr816
04-10-2014, 03:04 PM
You know, it suddenly dawned on me that your menu:

None of those appear to be Ideal Protein products. Is your coach selling something other than IP products?

Looks like Health Smart products to me.....

I ordered the "NY cheesecake" from Nashua Nutrition.

JLUS
04-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Looks like Health Smart products to me.....

I ordered the "NY cheesecake" from Nashua Nutrition.

YEP ... I also looked up the lemon chiffon pudding from another day and chocolate chip pancake and chicken pasta soup, and those are also HealthSmart products. Hmmmmmmmm......

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 04:49 PM
cschmandt - I hope you check back in so we can see how you're doing.

There is nothing wrong with using Health Smart products that mimic the IP products -- lots of people have great success losing weight with alternatives. My concern is that you may be paying IP prices for non-IP products (wouldn't be the first time that has happened).

JLUS
04-10-2014, 04:53 PM
cschmandt - I hope you check back in so we can see how you're doing.

There is nothing wrong with using Health Smart products that mimic the IP products -- lots of people have great success losing weight with alternatives. My concern is that you may be paying IP prices for non-IP products (wouldn't be the first time that has happened).

Yes, PLEASE check in with us!!! :hug:

emmy55
04-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Evening all - just checking in to say Hi! My clinic also does 3 total IP packets per day and only one can be Restricted. Tried the tomato basil soup today - not bad. And the banana pineapple mix drink for breakfast was good. Tilapia and veggies/salad for dinner. Then a pudding for snack. My coach said I was doing so well without eating restricted packets I should avoid because they would slow down weight loss. Have you all found that to be true?

JLUS
04-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Evening all - just checking in to say Hi! My clinic also does 3 total IP packets per day and only one can be Restricted. Tried the tomato basil soup today - not bad. And the banana pineapple mix drink for breakfast was good. Tilapia and veggies/salad for dinner. Then a pudding for snack. My coach said I was doing so well without eating restricted packets I should avoid because they would slow down weight loss. Have you all found that to be true?

What seems to hold for most id that restricteds do not slow losses... People have even tested several weeks with and without with same basic losses. IP was designed to accommodate one restricted per day within the allowed calories, fats, carbs and sugars.

Some people who are extra carb sensitive have found a little slowing, and some people find the sweet ones can trigger desire for more. But the majority of people are just fine having them. Also, for many, they are something to look forward to as a way to satisfy a sweet or salty/crunchy desire.

AlaskaLadyie
04-10-2014, 10:14 PM
What a great amount of posts today and some fantastic advice.. Just my 2 cents worth but I read somewhere that some clinics do impose their own (loose) rules to keep people coming back so they make more money... I was sad to read that I also sure hope the price was less for the Health Smart packets... I finally feel not starving hungry today.. FINALLY... Wow that was a rough week and 1/2... Happy Day my friends

Ruth Ann
04-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Just bumping up hoping cschmandt will check in - I want to see how she's doing. (I'm a worrier, can you tell?) :hug:

AlaskaLadyie
04-11-2014, 03:40 PM
I am concerned to Ruth Ann and thank you so much for your information and insight...Can you tell if she has been on line at all???

JLUS
04-11-2014, 03:42 PM
She posted to the Daily Chat early this morning so hopefully she will be back and share with us!!

cschmandt
04-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Good Afternoon All!!

I'm good!! You don't need to be worrying!! I am still checking things out with the program that I am doing. I am continuing to follow what my director/coach has me doing until told otherwise. I have to much invested to get all wishy washy with this.

It's a sunny day in Indiana and around 65 degrees out, so hopefully as soon as I get off of work I can either go for a walk or a bike ride and enjoy some of the sunshine.

My Menu for today:

B: SH Chocolate Chip Pancake
S: SH Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: SH Beef Pasta Soup and Salad
S: SH NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Shrimp Scampi and Asparagus

Water: 5 Liters, as usual.

Thanks for all the great counsel and thoughts today!!

JLUS
04-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Good Afternoon All!!

I'm good!! You don't need to be worrying!! I am still checking things out with the program that I am doing. I am continuing to follow what my director/coach has me doing until told otherwise. I have to much invested to get all wishy washy with this.

It's a sunny day in Indiana and around 65 degrees out, so hopefully as soon as I get off of work I can either go for a walk or a bike ride and enjoy some of the sunshine.

My Menu for today:

ABSOLUTELY keep doing... Alternative products are used by MANY on here and work as well as IP. We just wanted you to have all the info you need and to know what you are using.

We look forward to your successes and are here for whatever you need!

Ruth Ann
04-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks for checking back in cschmandt - good to know all is ok with you!

AlaskaLadyie
04-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Good Afternoon All!!

My Menu for today:

Great you checked back with us ... Great positive attitude U got this :)

AlaskaLadyie
04-11-2014, 09:24 PM
OH my I ended up eating 2 of the small heads of Boston Lettuce for lunch along with my Tomato Basil soup and 2C cucumber
I just cant get above this hungry feeling I feel like I could eat the Refrigerator... I drink tons of water No sure the answer I will push on to see if next week is a better week

emmy55
04-12-2014, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the advice about the restricted packets. I went ahead and tried the bbq soy nuts at the baseball game tonight. (Tasted sort of like dry roasted edamame I have in my pantry.) We'll see what happens to weight loss. My other baseball snack is a dill pickle.

Ruth Ann
04-12-2014, 08:19 AM
OH my I ended up eating 2 of the small heads of Boston Lettuce for lunch along with my Tomato Basil soup and 2C cucumber
I just cant get above this hungry feeling I feel like I could eat the Refrigerator... I drink tons of water No sure the answer I will push on to see if next week is a better week

Try some hot decaf tea - for some reason hot beverages really seem to make me feel fuller than just water. Good luck and congrats on making good choices with the lettuce - it will get better (although you'll still have "hungry days" on occasion) so hang in there!

AlaskaLadyie
04-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Try some hot decaf tea - for some reason hot beverages really seem to make me feel fuller than just water. Good luck and congrats on making good choices with the lettuce - it will get better (although you'll still have "hungry days" on occasion) so hang in there!

Thank you Ruth Ann believe it or not since I am in Alaska and it is still sorta cold here I drink warm or Hot water I will try the decaf type of tea tomorrow ok :) Today has been a bit better scale down another # and no headache till 4pm and I am off at 5... I went to bed early last night cause I could not handle the headache any more ... hope every one else is having a Great Weekend

AlaskaLadyie
04-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Happy Day Happy Day I had a 3# loss on the scale this morning I am thrilled...Had a horrible headache yesterday but not one today... We took the boys swimming it felt great

cschmandt
04-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Happy Day Happy Day I had a 3# loss on the scale this morning I am thrilled...Had a horrible headache yesterday but not one today... We took the boys swimming it felt great

Congrats on the loss at weigh-in!!

You are doing awesome!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/fireworks01/lb/198/130/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

emmy55
04-14-2014, 11:13 AM
AlaskaLadyie -Great loss this morning. Glad your headache has gone away. They can be so tough - I had one last wed morning so bad I stayed home from bible study.
My scale seems to be stuck this week. I have weigh in tomorrow. guess after my first two weeks with big losses I should expect a low loss week. I know from reading this board the weekly losses go up and down.
everyone have a good monday.

SophieLT
04-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Does anyone add stuff to the WF ketchup or mayo? I was thinking of trying them.

cschmandt
04-14-2014, 02:42 PM

I have bought several of the salad dressings, pancake syrup, ketchup and peanut butter spread from Walden Farms or at the local grocery.

Cheryl

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/fireworks01/lb/198/130/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

AlaskaLadyie
04-14-2014, 03:46 PM

Believe it or not I like the Walden Farms stuff just like it is out of the bottle the ketchup and 1000 island dressing are my favorites.. I usually am a Ranch Dressing gal but in Walden Farms I like the 1000 island the best.....I do not like the peanut butter spred at all .. I suspect if u like more flavor to the ketchup I bet u could add a small bit of horseradish or garlic poweder... I have added a small bit of horseradish to the ketchup to use as a boiled shrimp dip .

AlaskaLadyie
04-14-2014, 03:51 PM
AlaskaLadyie -Great loss this morning. Glad your headache has gone away. They can be so tough - I had one last wed morning so bad I stayed home from bible study.
My scale seems to be stuck this week. I have weigh in tomorrow. guess after my first two weeks with big losses I should expect a low loss week. I know from reading this board the weekly losses go up and down.
everyone have a good monday.

Thank you yes I don't get headaches very often so am not a happy camper at all when one hits ...the scale showed the same today but I expected that after the huge dump on Sat that showed up Sunday morn.. will keep going on now that I found my nitch

SophieLT
04-14-2014, 04:01 PM
I have bought several of the salad dressings, pancake syrup, ketchup and peanut butter spread from Walden Farms or at the local grocery.

Cheryl

Do you add anything to alter the flavor or use as is?

cschmandt
04-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Do you add anything to alter the flavor or use as is?

I have not altered the flavor at all, I am using as is.

Cheryl

cheers2014
04-14-2014, 04:48 PM
I started April 8 ,tomorrow is my first weigh in. I'm excited to see the results. The first three days were extremely rough for me. I felt weak and major headaches but my body has adjusted and gaining strenght back. So far this diet is simple and easy to stick too.

AlaskaLadyie
04-14-2014, 05:04 PM
I started April 8 ,tomorrow is my first weigh in. I'm excited to see the results. The first three days were extremely rough for me. I felt weak and major headaches but my body has adjusted and gaining strenght back. So far this diet is simple and easy to stick too.

Welcome cheers 2014........I say u are lucky the headaches only plagued u for that short length of time I spent 2 weeks with them most of the day I always drink lotsa water and I was downing salt it helped a bit .. I am so glad now the Headaches have subsided for me... So Glad u have joined us

cschmandt
04-14-2014, 05:05 PM

Tomorrow will be an awesome day!!!

Looking forward to hearing how the weigh-in goes!!

Cheryl

WABelle
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Hey all - hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

I started this IP diet on April 3.

I do not like the taste of the foods and I came here mostly to get recipes for making them better. It's horrible when you prefer homemade stuff and are now eating space food ;)

about the WF mayo...I have some. It is sweet and doesn't taste like mayo at all. I can't even pretend it does. :D

It is like having salad dressing (kinda like cole slaw dressing) so that is what I use it for. I have added vinegar to it to cut down on the sweetness. I have added curry to it when I put chicken on top of my salad. I have added chili powder to give it a kick.

I like the WF peanut butter because I really do not like real peanut butter. Again this stuff is sweeter than normal but I put it on top of celery and I use just a little bit.

AlaskaLadyie
04-15-2014, 12:41 AM
Welcome WABelle.... Sorry u do not like the taste of the IP foods... hope soon u find some of it you like I love the Chicken ala king pottage and the Wild berry smoothie The strawberry pudding is good to well in my opinion Best of luck

emmy55
04-15-2014, 05:53 PM
WABelle - Sorry you do not like the taste of the IP food. I enjoy the orange drink mix, the Blueberry cran drink mix, peach mango mix, the chicken soup and mushroom soup with veggies in them, dark chocolate pudding, butterscotch pudding. the capppuinno heated in microwave.
Does your clinic let you buy individual packets? I probably buy 15 or so different flavors IP packets each week.

emmy55
04-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Cheers 2014 - How did the weigh in go?

cooluu
04-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Hello, I started on IP 4/7/14 I had my first weigh in on 4/13/14 because I was leaving Monday for a work conference. I lost 6.9lbs the first week. I packed a cooler full of veggies for this conference and have costume ordered each place we have ate. Fingers crossed the scale shows the effort this week away from home has been.

AlaskaLadyie
04-15-2014, 10:08 PM
good for you cooluu... it is tough on any diet to stay legal and away from home.. I have been having huge dumps on Sat that show on the scale Sunday morning... then the rest of the week like .1 or the scale shows the same # ... I am doing this on my own so use the weight my own scale says every Monday morning as my "official" weight in weight... Gloomy day here today and most of the day our computer system here at work was down BORING... sure wanted to eat ... I stuck it out UGH

cheers2014
04-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Today was my first weigh in... 10 lbs down . Im so pumped for the next week

cheers2014
04-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome cheers 2014........I say u are lucky the headaches only plagued u for that short length of time I spent 2 weeks with them most of the day I always drink lotsa water and I was downing salt it helped a bit .. I am so glad now the Headaches have subsided for me... So Glad u have joined us

Thanks AlaskaLadyie but I definitely have to give you a high five for sticking with it for two weeks im pretty sure i would have given in. Nice work

cooluu
04-15-2014, 10:19 PM

Awesome Job for one week!

IlliniFan
04-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Hello all. Brand new. Just 5 days on IP. Wondering if anyone could give hints on eating out. Just had my first meal out at Applebee's and had romaine with my own homemade mustard dressing 7 oz steak and broccoli, zucchini. I was delicious. Now wondering if steak was buttered and will take me out of ketosis. Should I be worried. Better choices to make? Would love any helpful hints!

calypso58
04-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Hello all. Brand new. Just 5 days on IP. Wondering if anyone could give hints on eating out. Just had my first meal out at Applebee's and had romaine with my own homemade mustard dressing 7 oz steak and broccoli, zucchini. I was delicious. Now wondering if steak was buttered and will take me out of ketosis. Should I be worried. Better choices to make? Would love any helpful hints!

Hi IlliniFan, Butter won't take you out of ketosis as it is fat, not carbs. I always order steaks and vegetables cooked clean. No oils, no butter, nothing! I've never had a restaurant deny my requests!

Good luck!
Nancy

SophieLT
04-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Hi IlliniFan, Butter won't take you out of ketosis as it is fat, not carbs. I always order steaks and vegetables cooked clean. No oils, no butter, nothing! I've never had a restaurant deny my requests!

Good luck!
Nancy

Thanks for the tip Nancy

cschmandt
04-16-2014, 02:40 PM

Congrats on the awesome 1st weigh in!!! Whoop Whoop!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheryl

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/fireworks01/lb/198/130/177.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

SophieLT
04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Has anyone had to avoid a social situation, say a trivia night, because they felt they couldn't handle being around so much food?

AlaskaLadyie
04-17-2014, 04:08 PM
morning all... sorry I was MIA yesterday............ I got lotsa Organic Exercise yesterday as we got water in our basement so I spend the day using the shop vac to get rid of the water and mopping it up... got a blister.. ugh.. Also dug trenches out in the driveway to divert the water flowing off driveway over patio and down along foundation ... Ugh solution is to excavate next to house and install a French drain Ya i'm excited about that expense... I ate extra protein to keep going yesterday but I sure am hungry today ..I also cleaned 4 of the kennel runs up in my dog boarding kennel of the slushy snow and any ---- left behind through the winter snows... Sure could of stayed home and slept today he he but I am at work today..

MarylandMom
04-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Has anyone had to avoid a social situation, say a trivia night, because they felt they couldn't handle being around so much food?

I have considered skipping various events because the thought of being around all that food was terrifying, but I decided to look at it as a challenge and an opportunity to flex those "mental muscles" and learn how to enjoy the event for what it is...good friends and good laughs. I had to choose: have the willpower to go and not eat the unhealthy food choices (and maybe feel badly about that) or stay home and miss out on a good time (and feel really badly about that). Life is life, and I don't want to miss out on it because I choose to eat healthy and follow a certain diet. That said, only YOU can make the decision based on what you know you are mentally capable of at this point in your weight loss journey. There is NOTHING wrong with skipping out on an event if you feel you need to. Much better than going off plan and beating yourself up for it.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...you'll be fine either way. :)

pishposhappelsauce
04-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Just today I sat out of one of our company's "lunch and learn" professional development meetings because they ordered pizza and I didn't want to be around it. They had a call in number so I did that instead and ate my lunch.

Now all the empty pizza boxes are in the office kitchen and the grease smell is overpowering.

SophieLT
04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Just today I sat out of one of our company's "lunch and learn" professional development meetings because they ordered pizza and I didn't want to be around it. They had a call in number so I did that instead and ate my lunch.

Now all the empty pizza boxes are in the office kitchen and the grease smell is overpowering.

Glad I'm not the only one :)

SophieLT
04-17-2014, 05:41 PM
I have considered skipping various events because the thought of being around all that food was terrifying, but I decided to look at it as a challenge and an opportunity to flex those "mental muscles" and learn how to enjoy the event for what it is...good friends and good laughs. I had to choose: have the willpower to go and not eat the unhealthy food choices (and maybe feel badly about that) or stay home and miss out on a good time (and feel really badly about that). Life is life, and I don't want to miss out on it because I choose to eat healthy and follow a certain diet. That said, only YOU can make the decision based on what you know you are mentally capable of at this point in your weight loss journey. There is NOTHING wrong with skipping out on an event if you feel you need to. Much better than going off plan and beating yourself up for it.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...you'll be fine either way. :)

Thanks for your reply. I've been able to handle social situations thus far but I just remember the trivia night last year and there was so much food there it was crazy. And none of it was healthy, of course. I do like your "mental muscles" and will remember that next time I'm tempted :)

canadjineh
04-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Hey all - hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

I started this IP diet on April 3.

I do not like the taste of the foods and I came here mostly to get recipes for making them better. It's horrible when you prefer homemade stuff and are now eating space food ;)

about the WF mayo...I have some. It is sweet and doesn't taste like mayo at all. I can't even pretend it does. :D

I like the WF peanut butter because I really do not like real peanut butter. Again this stuff is sweeter than normal but I put it on top of celery and I use just a little bit.

You sound a bit like a fellow 'foodie', I disliked WF stuff too. Took a while to get used to the IP packets - I must keep gluten free so my choices were extremely limited. I liked the dark choc pudding with the salt mixed in and good chili powder or with LOTS of cinnamon and real dutch cocoa powder (which is very low in calories 15 and net carbs 0g - NOT the sweetened kind for hot chocolate drink mix) to make it taste darker/chocolaty-er. I use Wasco Pure Cocoa.

To get rid of the WF 'peanut spread' I am mixing it half n half with real 100% peanut butter as I am on maintenance and don't want to just throw it out. You can also mix the cinnamon & cocoa powder in this and make it a breakfast sort of flavour - a couple of times I mixed the pb with the dark chocolate pudding for a mock Reeses flavour.

Some interesting ideas for recipes are here: http://www.idealweightlossclinic.com/ideal-protein-recipes/snacks-and-desserts/

cheers2014
04-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Just wondering how many pacs of unrestricted are people eating a day. I was told 3 but I hsd some conflicting information today so I just want to make sure im on track

lisa32989
04-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Just wondering how many pacs of unrestricted are people eating a day. I was told 3 but I hsd some conflicting information today so I just want to make sure im on track

3 total packets/day. One of those 3 can be restricted.

So, most people have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted. If you skip the restricted then you would have 3 unrestricted.

cheers2014
04-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks lisa32989 I thought something wasn't right. . You look great by the way .. its inspiring to see your hard work has paid off

pishposhappelsauce
04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Second week of IP is going way faster than the first, but I have been much more tired and hungry than I was the first week. Today seems to be ok so far, so maybe it was just a TOM thing.

I had the most vivid dreams last night that I was eating pretzels. And then I had another dream that my boyfriend was eating a gigantic bowl of spaghetti and I was really angry at him, lol. I hope I'm not a sleep eater, but I don't see how I could be since we don't have pretzels in the house. Why can't I have carb dreams about eating something better than pretzels?

AlaskaLadyie
04-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Still tired from my ordeal with vacuuming up the water in the basement . but the good news is no more water. I put the basement back in order last night and tonight I am going to the Jr Hockey Game..I love hockey and is about to be over for the year..Significant other is gone to the mountains on snowmachine and I got the weekend to my self...Yea... I have to really make my self stay legal as no one to say to me Hey is that on your diet :)

cooluu
04-21-2014, 12:50 PM
I had my second week weigh in so week 1=6.9lbs week 2=2.8 for a total of 9.7 lbs lost in two weeks. I still have a long ways to go but I'm happy with the progress!

NaeNae2113
04-21-2014, 02:14 PM
I had my second week weigh in so week 1=6.9lbs week 2=2.8 for a total of 9.7 lbs lost in two weeks. I still have a long ways to go but I'm happy with the progress!
WOW!! You have done great!! Almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks!! I have my first weigh in on Thursday, hope I do as well. I have chosen not to weigh except once a week with my coach, so I don't know if I have lost any weight so far. But I sure feel good and am not hungry at all!! This is the first plan where I haven't been starving!! LOVE IT!!:carrot:

hope2781
04-21-2014, 02:22 PM
For me week 1 = 7 lbs week 2 = 0 and awaiting the scale to go down on week 3

SophieLT
04-21-2014, 02:37 PM
WOW!! You have done great!! Almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks!! I have my first weigh in on Thursday, hope I do as well. I have chosen not to weigh except once a week with my coach, so I don't know if I have lost any weight so far. But I sure feel good and am not hungry at all!! This is the first plan where I haven't been starving!! LOVE IT!!:carrot:

I am doing the same thing. I don't have a scale in my house. I didn't want to stress about it.

cooluu
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I wish I could just weigh in once a week but I find myself stepping on the scale every morning. I'm not sure how to break that habit because I've done it as long as I can remember. Good luck on Thursday!!!

shelflife
04-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Figured I'd jump in and join you guys! I started IP on April 12, and lost 6.1lbs in the first week. I would not qualify to be a member of the 100% club here, but the small allowances I make for myself (mostly in the form of the odd SF jello cup) have kept me sane and from totally derailing! I've been using MFP to track my calories and carbs, which i think is a good habit to establish for myself even though we don't technically need to track anything on IP. I also post my menu plan for the day in the "What are you eating" thread.

Anyhoo, hope y'all don't mind me joining the thread!

JLUS
04-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Figured I'd jump in and join you guys! I started IP on April 12, and lost 6.1lbs in the first week. I would not qualify to be a member of the 100% club here, but the small allowances I make for myself (mostly in the form of the odd SF jello cup) have kept me sane and from totally derailing! I've been using MFP to track my calories and carbs, which i think is a good habit to establish for myself even though we don't technically need to track anything on IP. I also post my menu plan for the day in the "What are you eating" thread.

For the SF jello, be sure to look for Hunts Snack Pack ones... No Aspartame!

emmy55
04-22-2014, 01:52 AM

Fantastic weight loss!! Keep it up. My coach allows sf jello. I use MFP and track everything also.

emmy55
04-22-2014, 01:55 AM
For me week 1 = 7 lbs week 2 = 0 and awaiting the scale to go down on week 3

For me weeks 1 and 2 were both over 5 lbs and then week 3 like only half a pound. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

NaeNae2113
04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing today!!
I am doing really well. I went out to eat for the first time since being on this plan. I did so good, ordered a chicken salad without the carrots croutons and cheese that came with it. Also a veggie tray that included celery sticks and green bell peppers to make sure I got all my veggies in. I brought along my own salad dressing that I made from home. This is big victory since this is my favorite restaurant and I love so many of their fattening dishes!!
:carrot:

cooluu
04-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Doing good! I just got home from working in the concession stand at my boy's game and wasn't even tempted by everything I was serving. Came home and made a veggie omelet now catching up on the Voice.

cheers2014
04-23-2014, 12:51 AM
Faithfully finished week 2 and was successful with a 3 pound loss for a total of 13. I'm feeling great and its getting easier... here's to a another great week

cooluu
04-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Faithfully finished week 2 and was successful with a 3 pound loss for a total of 13. I'm feeling great and its getting easier... here's to a another great week

That's awesome! I'm on my third week too and I agree it is getting easier.

shelflife
04-23-2014, 04:43 PM
:censored:

I just had a sudden and complete lapse in willpower that ended in a fried chicken waffle sandwich.
For some reason, my biggest struggle has always been overwhelming temptation when it comes to restaurant food. I want to try *everything*. SO I've been avoiding restaurants, or only going when I know the menu and have a clear plan that is on plan.

Well, I was feeling myself getting a little to excited about the smell of some cupcakes that were brought onto the ward, so I went for a walk outside the hospital. Of course there was a food truck there. I made it halfway through the sandwich before coming to my senses and tossing it.

Where is my willpower? It seems to be hiding somewhere!!

SophieLT
04-23-2014, 07:02 PM
:censored:

I just had a sudden and complete lapse in willpower that ended in a fried chicken waffle sandwich.
For some reason, my biggest struggle has always been overwhelming temptation when it comes to restaurant food. I want to try *everything*. SO I've been avoiding restaurants, or only going when I know the menu and have a clear plan that is on plan.

Well, I was feeling myself getting a little to excited about the smell of some cupcakes that were brought onto the ward, so I went for a walk outside the hospital. Of course there was a food truck there. I made it halfway through the sandwich before coming to my senses and tossing it.

Where is my willpower? It seems to be hiding somewhere!!

So glad that you got back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it. I remember a quote that says, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

NaeNae2113
04-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Hello.. I have my first weigh in tonight. Haven't been on the scale since I started last week but have done really well staying OP. I can tell I have lost some inches because my jeans fit better. Hope I have also lost some lbs!!!
Have a wonderful day!!

SophieLT
04-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Hello.. I have my first weigh in tonight. Haven't been on the scale since I started last week but have done really well staying OP. I can tell I have lost some inches because my jeans fit better. Hope I have also lost some lbs!!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Good luck! Let us know how you do.

NaeNae2113
04-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone
I had my 1st weight in yesterday and I lost 6.2 lbs and 5 inches!!!!
WOW..:carrot:

Fearciuil
04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone
:cheer2: :bravo: :cheer3:

SophieLT
04-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Everyone

Way to go!:broc::broc:

cooluu
04-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I had my 3rd week weigh in and down 3.6 lbs for a total of 13!

NaeNae2113
05-01-2014, 05:48 PM

You have done great!! You are averaging over 4 pounds per week!! How are your clothes fitting?? I bet you will need to change sizes soon.
I have my 2nd weigh in tonight.. hope I do as well as you have. Keep up the good work!!:carrot::carrot:

pishposhappelsauce
05-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Congrats! We seem to be losing at around the same rate so far. I'm excited to see what the 1 month-mark brings...hopefully not a slow down. But if it is, oh well, it's all a part of it. Keep up the good work! :)

cooluu
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM
You have done great!! You are averaging over 4 pounds per week!! How are your clothes fitting?? I bet you will need to change sizes soon.
I have my 2nd weigh in tonight.. hope I do as well as you have. Keep up the good work!!:carrot::carrot:

Thanks! I haven't noticed a big difference in my clothes yet but I do need a belt by the end of the day. Good luck tonight!

cooluu
05-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Congrats! We seem to be losing at around the same rate so far. I'm excited to see what the 1 month-mark brings...hopefully not a slow down. But if it is, oh well, it's all a part of it. Keep up the good work! :)

We do seem to be doing the same. I sure hope we don't hit a slow down but I agree if it happens we just have to keep working the plan and the lbs will come off!

KiraLynB
05-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Lost 7 and 4 inches at my first weigh in. Excited to see what I lose on Tuesday! Haven't cheated yet but the cravings are so bad!

Sully1961
05-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Had my fourth week weigh in yesterday and I was down 13 pounds but the most impact was the 5 inch loss on my waist. Sitting at my desk without my large muffin top spilling over my skirts or pants. I actually wore a pencil skirt yesterday that was so tight the last time I wore it, it was uncomfortable. Yesterday it looked and felt great. I love the feeling of being comfortable in my clothes. Hoping to go down a size by the end of May - fingers crossed!

cooluu
05-04-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't weigh in this week until Tuesday but so far no movement on my scale at home. I've been 100% no cheats. Oh well, gotta keep on keepin on!

cheers2014
05-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Week 4 for me and so far I'm still going strong with 17.8 lbs loss. With will power and good supportive boyfriend I'm rocking this diet. Soon though im going to have to find some recipes for vegetables im slowly running out of ideas

NaeNae2113
05-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Hi Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am doing really great lost 5lbs this week!! I'm finally getting the hang of the plan and I'm loving the results!! Hope you all have a great OP weekend!

NaeNae2113
05-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Week 4 for me and so far I'm still going strong with 17.8 lbs loss. With will power and good supportive boyfriend I'm rocking this diet. Soon though im going to have to find some recipes for vegetables im slowly running out of ideas

:bravo::cb: You are rocking this!! Keep it up girl!

cooluu
05-09-2014, 09:31 PM
I love seeing everybody's awesome results each week. I typically weigh in on Tuesday's but my coach is going to be gone this next week so she has me coming in on Sunday. That's 5 days versus 7 so I'm curious to see what happens!

nolamommy
05-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I just started my third week and am down 9.2 pounds. Super excited about this program.

noquery
05-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi, I started April 14th and down 19 pounds!!!! Now I am losing slower but as long as the scale goes down I am ok with that!

cooluu
05-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi, I started April 14th and down 19 pounds!!!! Now I am losing slower but as long as the scale goes down I am ok with that!

That is an awesome loss, way to go! I've decided I'm ok with any number as long as I know I'm following the plan and doing what I should be.

noquery
05-10-2014, 08:33 PM
cooluu looks like you are doing great! my weight loss has slowed down so i don't think i will be losing 20 more pounds within the next 3 weeks but thats OK! as log as we lose that makes us closer to our goal! your goal is 140lbs and you are 5'8'.. wouldn't 140lbs be too skinny for you?

cooluu
05-10-2014, 10:59 PM
That's the weight I remember feeling my best. I have some mini goals set along the way and figured I would re-evaluate as I went. :)

noquery
05-11-2014, 01:23 AM
thats great :) I am 5'6 and my goal is 160lbs lol I was 236lbs when i started and now i am down to 217 yayyy!

cooluu
05-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I had my #5 WI and lost 3 lbs in 5 days! Very happy with that number and now I'm down 16.4 lbs. Plus my coach gave me a free box of food for having to come in on Mother's Day for my weigh in.

canadjineh
05-11-2014, 02:16 PM
cooluu looks like you are doing great! my weight loss has slowed down so i don't think i will be losing 20 more pounds within the next 3 weeks but thats OK! as log as we lose that makes us closer to our goal! your goal is 140lbs and you are 5'8'.. wouldn't 140lbs be too skinny for you?

Hi noquery: I am also 5'8" like cooluu, and went from 163 to 130 - my maintenance goal was 132 . Depending on your frame size there is quite a range of healthy weights so although I technically would be within normal healthy BMI between 125 & 164 - I was too fat (body % wise) at 163 and am now down to 21% body fat which is way better than the 29.48% that I started at. I have a very small frame - tiny wrists & fingers, ribcage (Bra size 32), AA narrow feet, etc. but I know at 125 I would be too gaunt looking for a 50 year old. I used to weigh that when I was 25. Interesting Body Mass Index calculator here - goes by World Health Organization and Center For Disease Control stats.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

Remember if you weight train a lot and are very muscular the usual BMI calculators will tell you that you are marginally overweight. Not true of course. :goodscale

Liana

canadjineh
05-11-2014, 02:27 PM
This is me at 140lbs (4 years ago this coming August) after I had gained about 10lbs (got very ill, couldn't exercise, even walk more than 2 blocks) then me at my heaviest 165 lbs (my before start picture lol).

Liana

noquery
05-12-2014, 03:30 AM
HI canadjineh.. You look amazing in both pictures and you look more amazing in your profile picture! I am canadian as well btw :)

I have big bones and my goal is 160lbs.. I was 160lbs about 6-7 years ago and looked good.. not too skinny.. not too fat.. it was perfect! Thanks for the info.. very much appreciated!

NaeNae2113
05-12-2014, 09:42 AM
This is me at 140lbs (4 years ago this coming August) after I had gained about 10lbs (got very ill, couldn't exercise, even walk more than 2 blocks) then me at my heaviest 165 lbs (my before start picture lol).

Liana
You look great in both pictures. I have a goal weigh of 160 also, but may adjust it as I get closer, I have a medium build and think that 150 may be a good weight.

NaeNae2113
05-12-2014, 09:45 AM
I had my #5 WI and lost 3 lbs in 5 days! Very happy with that number and now I'm down 16.4 lbs. Plus my coach gave me a free box of food for having to come in on Mother's Day for my weigh in.
:bravo: Great job!! 3 lbs in 5 days is amazing!!

pishposhappelsauce
05-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Hi noquery: I am also 5'8" like cooluu, and went from 163 to 130 - my maintenance goal was 132 . Depending on your frame size there is quite a range of healthy weights so although I technically would be within normal healthy BMI between 125 & 164 - I was too fat (body % wise) at 163 and am now down to 21% body fat which is way better than the 29.48% that I started at. I have a very small frame - tiny wrists & fingers, ribcage (Bra size 32), AA narrow feet, etc. but I know at 125 I would be too gaunt looking for a 50 year old. I used to weigh that when I was 25. Interesting Body Mass Index calculator here - goes by World Health Organization and Center For Disease Control stats.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

Remember if you weight train a lot and are very muscular the usual BMI calculators will tell you that you are marginally overweight. Not true of course. :goodscale

Liana

Have you guys seen this picture floating around? Apparently all of the women weigh 154 pounds.
http://sosmash.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/average-woman-weights-154-pounds.jpeg

I am still figuring out what weight will look best on me. I don't know my lowest weight was from the last 10 years. It really seems like I went right from hitting puberty to over 200 pounds and size 16, though I know that's not true. I really wasn't aware of scale numbers and apparently blocked out all of my experiences picking out pants sizes (I had to leave that part of the form blank when I signed up for IP!). The lowest weight I can remember is 160 in 9th grade I think, and I distinctly remember my pediatrician at that time telling me that was too heavy and tried to put me (a 9th grader!) on South Beach, so my perspective on that number is a bit skewed. I guess I was shorter then.

Anyway, thankfully I'm a bit more level headed now. So, my first goal is to drop 50 and then reassess. I'm thinking I'll end up at 160-155 though. I'd love to get into a single digit size, but I don't know if my frame will allow that. Probably will but it's hard to imagine!

NaeNae2113
07-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi April Starters
Just want to reach out to see how everyone is doing. Haven't seen posts from many of you for quite a while so if you are lurking chime in and give us a progress report! This plan is just what I needed, I have been able to stay 100% and have lost 32 lbs in 12 weeks. There have been several weeks when I had 0 weight loss but during those times I lost several inches. Then a big woosh of 4 or 5 lbs. Almost half way to goal!! I'm in for the long haul. Lovin it!

evemomma
07-16-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm here! I don't know how I missed this thread when it was first around. NaeNae...you and I are on a similar track. I just hit my 30lb loss today....yahoo! Even though it is slower than what I often see from others, I still can't be upset with on average a 10lb weight loss per month!

I don't woosh....seem to be pretty slow and steady toward the end here, though my inches seem to be coming more easily than pounds at this point. I have 5 more to get to goal!

I have been spending free time lurking on the maintener's threads and reveiwing the P2, P3, and P4 sheets because I know that this is not just 3 months of strict with a license to eat whatever I wish!

I need to be vigilant about tracking my new food and how I feel though, since I have felt AMAZING since being on P1 and wonder what food sensitivities I have that might pop up.

pishposhappelsauce
07-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I've been thinking about bumping this thread, also curious about the rest of our April starters.

hope2781
07-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone.. I will join you as I began in April. Lost 19 pounds to date and 1 pound away from goal and in Phase 3. I am getting adjusted to the new breakfast in P3 and happy with the way things are going. Added exercise to my routine 3 times a day. Epplitical trainer at the moment.

GraceRev
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm still here (and will be for quite some time!)
I've lost 56 pounds since April 12. Still have a long way to go but I can't recall ever having results like this with any other diet efforts. This time feels different, so I am just taking things one day at a time. I get too overwhelmed if I think about how long it will take, so instead, I am celebrating how far I have come!

NaeNae2113
07-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Evemomma How exciting 5 lbs from goal. Your have done so well. I can tell you have conquered some of the mental aspects of losing weight. You're going to kill maintenance! Your progress photos are so inspiring you look really good!!

GraceRev Wow 56 lbs in 3 months is amazing!! At that rate you will be celebrating reaching goal in no time.

Hope2781 1 lb away from goal, must be such a wonderful feeling, can't wait to get there!

Pishposh You are also close to goal. You will definitely be down 50 lbs by labor day..Keep it moving girl!

Arwa4u
07-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi All,

I started IP on April 11th and I'm currently down 29 pounds ....only 6 more till goal! Very excited and equally as nervous. I'm loving the new me and don't ever want to go back to how I used to look and feel.

Keep up the amazing work everyone.

pishposhappelsauce
07-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Congrats everyone on the great work! We're doing it!

I am a list person. I've never been good at journaling or keeping a diary, but I have a notebook of lists that I write my thoughts in on occasion...from lists of home improvements I want to make to lists of reasons I love my cat... ok maybe it's weird, but I find it therapeutic. Anyway, I made a list of things I have gained while losing over the last three months. A few things from this list:
-Arms I'm not afraid to bare - Before it would be sleeves only. I hated what I referred to as my "ham hock" upper arms. Now I have no problem wearing strapless or sleeveless shirts.

-Hip bones, cheek bones, defined collar bones! - they've come back!

-Shorts - I'm not afraid or embarrassed to wear shorts anymore. The last summer I wore shorts willingly was in high school. Now I have a few pairs I wear regularly (and those are getting to be too big!).

-Health - My usual spring allergies were a non issue this year. I'm actually looking forward to my first physical once I've phased off and comparing it to my numbers from last year.

-Confidence in my appearance - I feel a spring in my step now when I walk down the hall or into a room and know that I look great.

-Control - I now know that I am in full control of my eating habits and what goes into my mouth. No one is making me eat that cake. No one is forcing me to go for seconds. I can say no, and when people (or my inner voice) push, I can stay strong. I can be completely satisfied by healthy choices. I can deal with stress in ways other than eating. And if I do get derailed, I know I have the tools to get right back on board.

What is the biggest thing you've gained while losing?

evemomma
07-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Congrats everyone on the great work! We're doing it!

I am a list person. I've never been good at journaling or keeping a diary, but I have a notebook of lists that I write my thoughts in on occasion...from lists of home improvements I want to make to lists of reasons I love my cat... ok maybe it's weird, but I find it therapeutic. Anyway, I made a list of things I have gained while losing over the last three months. A few things from this list:
-Arms I'm not afraid to bare - Before it would be sleeves only. I hated what I referred to as my "ham hock" upper arms. Now I have no problem wearing strapless or sleeveless shirts.

-Hip bones, cheek bones, defined collar bones! - they've come back!

-Shorts - I'm not afraid or embarrassed to wear shorts anymore. The last summer I wore shorts willingly was in high school. Now I have a few pairs I wear regularly (and those are getting to be too big!).

-Health - My usual spring allergies were a non issue this year. I'm actually looking forward to my first physical once I've phased off and comparing it to my numbers from last year.

-Confidence in my appearance - I feel a spring in my step now when I walk down the hall or into a room and know that I look great.

-Control - I now know that I am in full control of my eating habits and what goes into my mouth. No one is making me eat that cake. No one is forcing me to go for seconds. I can say no, and when people (or my inner voice) push, I can stay strong. I can be completely satisfied by healthy choices. I can deal with stress in ways other than eating. And if I do get derailed, I know I have the tools to get right back on board.

What is the biggest thing you've gained while losing?

So happy for you that you are seeing you are shining from the inside out now!

What have I gained while losing? Hmmmmm.....confidence is a biggie. But I suppose it is what you mentioned, PishPosh. Self-restraint when stressed. Not cramming fast food or sweets or Starbucks anything in my mouth when I start to feel sad or mad or bored.

Before IP, I just had lost my ability to say "no". I've never been a big over-eater, but my food choices were AWFUL. Like, no veggies or protein in the meal-plan awful. I just need to keep it up. I was thinking one of the things I need to do is to write myself a letter about how I feel right now to myself when weak moments arise. For me, I don't worry about "peer pressure" unhealthy eating....it will be when I'm by myself and stressed that I'll be more tempted to feed the hungry dragon!

hope2781
07-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Hey there.. just wanted to see how everyone else is doing?
My update is that I made it to Maintenance Phase and struggling with planning the meals. Seniors in Maintenance thread are being very helpful with planning. Right now playing around with meals hopefully I can come up with a plan shortly.

NaeNae2113
07-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Hey there.. just wanted to see how everyone else is doing?
My update is that I made it to Maintenance Phase and struggling with planning the meals. Seniors in Maintenance thread are being very helpful with planning. Right now playing around with meals hopefully I can come up with a plan shortly.
Hi Hope2781...Congratulations on making it to maintenance that is a huge accomplishment. I'm sure you will figure out the meal planning and rock maintenance. The Maintenance thread is a great place for you to hang out. There are so many that are doing so well and are willing to help you along!

I am not near maintenance yet but almost half way to goal and onederland, so I am committed to staying 100% OP. I recently started using alternative products and was worried at first but it has not slowed my losses at all. I am in love with this plan. I have never been able to lose this much weight so quickly!!

evemomma
07-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Hi April gals!

Hope2781...I have two more weeks until I move to P2. I have been lurking in the Maintainer's threads for awhile now trying to get my brain into preparation mode about meal planning. I get the concept of carb vs. fat separation, but I like seeing lots of real life examples.

Two more pounds to get to my goal....wahoo!

hope2781
07-30-2014, 02:57 PM
NaeNae- I am very glad to hear that you are doing great with alternative products too. You go girl!!! I hope you reach your goal very soon.

Evenmomma - I know the feeling. Congratulations on getting this far. Will wait for you in the maintenance thread :-)

WABelle
07-30-2014, 03:16 PM
My daughter told me that she can hug me and her arms reach - that's what I gained :D

NaeNae2113
07-30-2014, 06:10 PM
EvemommaOnly 2 lbs to goal you should be so proud! You are going to do great in maintenance. You got this girl!!
WABelle What a great NSV. And what a sweet daughter you have.