Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Friday 4/4/2014

View Full Version : IP daily chat Friday 4/4/2014

lisa32989
04-04-2014, 08:23 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
04-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Hello All ...Week 1 for me here and today was Day 4 and I was starving.... I ate 4 packets and lettuce for lunch and supper...Drank tons of water.. This was the roughest day yet... Am I off here or is that normal... I had been told that once u get past Day 3 you got it licked... ?? Another Question since I am very active (fitbit shows I burn 1800 to 2000 calories per day) and am lifting weights 3 or 4 days a week is it recommended I do consume the 4 packets per day???

On days you workout, you should have a 4 th packet and while you're acclimating to the diet if you're starving, have a 5th that day. I'm sorry your coach is not giving you info you need for success. It seems to happen frequently and is my biggest "complaint" about IP.

Many people are in Ketosis by days 3,4, or 5.

However some of our folks never get the appetite suppressant effect of Ketosis and others of us must spend time kearning the difference between hunger and cravings.

The biggest recommendation is that while acclimating to Ketosis, we curtail or step-back workouts. Exercise can be added back in when the body has acclimated to Ketosis. IP is a PSMF plan which preserves muscle.

Right now, the exercise may be a reason for excessive hunger

sunflwr816
04-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Currently dealing with the big C. Not sure if my body is rebelling against the long days at the hospital and lack of food, if I'm retaining from stress, or what's going on but my scale says I'm up 1.4 pounds. Hoping a day off and a ton of water and walking will move things along and help me get a big whoosh for tomorrow's weigh in.

drd1961
04-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I considered myself fairly active when on phase 1 and I never burned 1800-2000 calories in exercise a day. I think dialing it back a bit, at least until your body adjusts. I have read that can take about 4 weeks.

MarylandMom
04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I am on Day 12 today and some days I have trouble getting all my water down. I know we can add the Mio flavorings, but what about the 4C drink mixes? The one I have here at work is made with Splenda, not aspartame. I was thinking of using half a packet in one of my 24-oz. fill-ups of water...

Also, anyone else not have a great loss in Week 2? I lost 6.6 my first week, but I got on the scale this morning (official weigh-in is Monday) and I was only down 1/2 a pound. Do I still have time for a big WHOOSH before Monday's official weigh-in? I SO WANT THIS TO WORK.

TGIF!! And looking forward to soccer games and taking my boys to the circus tomorrow night!

Ruth Ann
04-04-2014, 09:43 AM
I am on Day 12 today and some days I have trouble getting all my water down. I know we can add the Mio flavorings, but what about the 4C drink mixes? The one I have here at work is made with Splenda, not aspartame. I was thinking of using half a packet in one of my 24-oz. fill-ups of water...

Also, anyone else not have a great loss in Week 2? I lost 6.6 my first week, but I got on the scale this morning (official weigh-in is Monday) and I was only down 1/2 a pound. Do I still have time for a big WHOOSH before Monday's official weigh-in? I SO WANT THIS TO WORK.

TGIF!! And looking forward to soccer games and taking my boys to the circus tomorrow night!

I'm not sure about the 4C - some of it has a fair amount of caffeine which means you would need to up your water some. Might be better off making some decaf herbal tea really strong and adding some to your water for flavor or just add lemon.

Week 2 is often less than W1 - usually the first week you have a huge loss and then your body needs to catch up. Relax and stay OP, it will come off. And if getting on the scale every day is going to stress you, just use your weekly weigh in. Stress is not good for weight loss.

Congrats on a great 1st week loss! And have fun at the circus (I wanna go!).

Fearciuil
04-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Hooray! Don't forget to Accio some skinny pants :D
:wizard: Somebody got the reference. :D :joker:

Thanks! And thanks to IPCali as well!

kontesanera
04-04-2014, 10:01 AM
What are your thoughts on doing Hot Yoga while on IP? A studio opened up near me, and in the past I really enjoyed the benefits of hot yoga. I am not sure whether this kind of workout (read "sweating") would be IP friendly.

ems70508
04-04-2014, 10:31 AM
What are your thoughts on doing Hot Yoga while on IP? A studio opened up near me, and in the past I really enjoyed the benefits of hot yoga. I am not sure whether this kind of workout (read "sweating") would be IP friendly.

I think hot yoga is fine. I know you're not supposed to sweat in your workout but think about it a different way... You don't want to elevate your heart rate to the point of your body burning too many calories. That's where it becomes too much because we aren't taking enough in to support that. Hot Yoga is causing you to sweat because the room is hot, not because you're pushing yourself harder than another yoga class. I did yoga in an 85 degree room for a while at the beginning of IP and was fine. I switched gyms and now it's not hot. Haven't noticed a difference. If you feel like you're sweating so much you need to add more water back in, then drink up!

kaylynt
04-04-2014, 10:48 AM
TGIF! Gonna clear out my pantries this weekend. Also I'm giving my best friend the 21 day fix (I bought a month or so ago, tried to use it and was crazy hungry all the time). I might use it after I'm done IP to keep my portions in control.

I thought since I'm not using it she could :). As for my foods and things that I don't eat: I have a few I'm going to give to her, and a few I'm going to bring to work (work has a full kitchen, with a fridge and everything) and maybe my coworkers will use it up. If not they can just toss it.

Hopefully I'll make some room in my pantry for all my new IP foods.

Also, Anyone have any ideas for the WF caramel and chocolate sauce. I've looked on the recipe threads, but there aren't any reviews on the foods/drinks. This food is way to expensive to waste...so I'm paranoid about recipes. I tried the potato puree puffs on the weekend and all I could taste was baking soda. Next time I'm gonna skip the baking powder and baking soda. I don't care if they're flat. I choked them down cause I can't afford to throw them out. So I'm being smart this time and asking for advice.

I have the dark choclate pudding. Which I haven't tried yet, but saw a cool recipe for bark...anyone tried it/improved it?

Deana509
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
TGIF!
Had a huge woosh this week, after having very slow month or so. Lost 6.8 lbs this week! Hopefully it's not because I have been so stressed out with graduation, or my job. I spent 6 hours in the ER with one of my residents from my Dorm who was having health issues, and those 6 hours would have been fine, if it wasn't from 1AM - 7AM, and interrupted my sleep.... Can I just say that I will be extremely happy in 38 days when I walk across that stage, and don't have to deal with my Resident Assistant job anymore? Haha
Happy Weekend everyone!

Hiker88
04-04-2014, 11:09 AM
TGIF!
Had a huge woosh this week, after having very slow month or so. Lost 6.8 lbs this week! Hopefully it's not because I have been so stressed out with graduation, or my job. I spent 6 hours in the ER with one of my residents from my Dorm who was having health issues, and those 6 hours would have been fine, if it wasn't from 1AM - 7AM, and interrupted my sleep.... Can I just say that I will be extremely happy in 38 days when I walk across that stage, and don't have to deal with my Resident Assistant job anymore? Haha
Happy Weekend everyone!

Wow! the big '100 is getting awfully close!! I will be watching.... make sure we hear about it when you see that magical number!!

wildirishrose
04-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Urgh. Today is going to be a hard one. I can feel it in my bones. I woke up to the kids fighting, which is how every mother wants to wake up, am I correct? My husband is home from work today, and since it's spring break I wanted to do something fun with the kids. Go somewhere, get out of the house. My husband doesn't want to spend money since we've made a couple big ticket purchases lately. Now they are all playing xbox and I'm bored and all I can think about is food I can't have. *rant over*

dcs0826
04-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Happy Friday all! Going "camping" this weekend straight from work. Have my IP bag all packed with packets and veggies. I say "camping" because we have an RV, so it's not exactly roughing it. Good thing is, there is a fridge and stove, so preparing veggies will be no problem!

GettinHealthyNow
04-04-2014, 11:52 AM
TGIF!
Happy Weekend everyone!

Way to go!!!! You are doing so amazing.

JSorrell
04-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Urgh. Today is going to be a hard one. I can feel it in my bones. I woke up to the kids fighting, which is how every mother wants to wake up, am I correct? My husband is home from work today, and since it's spring break I wanted to do something fun with the kids. Go somewhere, get out of the house. My husband doesn't want to spend money since we've made a couple big ticket purchases lately. Now they are all playing xbox and I'm bored and all I can think about is food I can't have. *rant over*
I can relate to that feeling. I was definitely having some of that grumble-y-ness yesterday. You need a creative outlet for the day. Planting, crafts, painting, or something, maybe?

JSorrell
04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Reading through about two hours worth of the alternate foods thread yesterday definitely helped me feel more hopeful. Between Nashura and the occasional Quest bar (of the safer flavors), I feel more upbeat today.

I'm hoping that my 3 o'clock crash doesn't happen - if it doesn't, I'm convinced this may be the end of the ketosis flu!:^:

ChipnDip
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
I had to put a belt on my jeans today! woohoo. I'm not willing to buy new ones yet as I just bought these not long before I started IP. I think I might have a pair in my closet that I should fit into soon. My husband is looking forward to buying me a pair of True Religion. Won't be doing that until I am maintaining and can defer the IP budget to wardrobe.

drd1961
04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
2cnd P4 wi today. Down .5, yay!

Annik
04-04-2014, 02:53 PM
TGIF!
Had a huge woosh this week, after having very slow month or so. Lost 6.8 lbs this week! ... Can I just say that I will be extremely happy in 38 days when I walk across that stage, and don't have to deal with my Resident Assistant job anymore? Haha
Happy Weekend everyone!

You go girl!!!

Tisado
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Happy Friday all! Going "camping" this weekend straight from work. Have my IP bag all packed with packets and veggies. I say "camping" because we have an RV, so it's not exactly roughing it. Good thing is, there is a fridge and stove, so preparing veggies will be no problem!

We will be on our boat this weekend and I did the same thing. Got everything packed that I'll need. I have more premixed drinks than usual because I am lazy. I'll use the stove for soup too.

Have a great time!

dcs0826
04-04-2014, 04:12 PM
We will be on our boat this weekend and I did the same thing. Got everything packed that I'll need. I have more premixed drinks than usual because I am lazy. I'll use the stove for soup too.

Have a great time!

I am doing lots of puddings, soy crisps, and bars. Thank you and have a great time on your boat!

kontesanera
04-04-2014, 04:36 PM
I think hot yoga is fine. I know you're not supposed to sweat in your workout but think about it a different way... You don't want to elevate your heart rate to the point of your body burning too many calories. That's where it becomes too much because we aren't taking enough in to support that. Hot Yoga is causing you to sweat because the room is hot, not because you're pushing yourself harder than another yoga class. I did yoga in an 85 degree room for a while at the beginning of IP and was fine. I switched gyms and now it's not hot. Haven't noticed a difference. If you feel like you're sweating so much you need to add more water back in, then drink up!

Thanks for getting back to me. I emailed my coach and she said she has a number of clients doing hot yoga and recommends taking an extra dose of potassium and extra packet if needed.

ssdlturtle
04-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Have been off for awhile due to internet problems, have really missed reading the forum. I always learn something new when I read. You guys are great for support. Need have been sick and have not stuck to IP took control today and getting back on. Hope everyone has a great weekend. My daughter goes to Prom tomorrow night, not ready for this. Can remember when she was born, she's grown up so fact.

catlady1981
04-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Congrats to all who have lost!!!

WI #6 will be tomorrow and I don't have a good feeling. HRT is making me retain water this week and I did not get my usual Friday whoosh on the home scale. I've been bloated and grumpy all week. :(

I am eating my snack early today because I pre-prepped my veggies earlier this week and when I opened my container of cucumbers they were slimy. So, feeling kind of hungry. Ugh.

AlaskaLadyie
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
On days you workout, you should have a 4 th packet and while you're acclimating to the diet if you're starving, have a 5th that day. I'm sorry your coach is not giving you info you need for success. It seems to happen frequently and is my biggest "complaint" about IP.

Many people are in Ketosis by days 3,4, or 5.

However some of our folks never get the appetite suppressant effect of Ketosis and others of us must spend time kearning the difference between hunger and cravings.

The biggest recommendation is that while acclimating to Ketosis, we curtail or step-back workouts. Exercise can be added back in when the body has acclimated to Ketosis. IP is a PSMF plan which preserves muscle.

Right now, the exercise may be a reason for excessive hunger

Thank you for your information....I maybe should have clarified I am attempting to do this on my own with out going to the Ideal Protein Clinic... I lost 73# on hCG in 2012 and keep it off until this past year so have gained back 30#. So I am sort of a tough diet specimen as I have dieted for almost 2 1/2 years. My body is a very easy keeper.... A friend here at work is doing Ideal Protein and so I purchased some Ideal Protein Foods off of EBay and some of the Nashua Nutrition Diet foods. to Give this a try my best. I did feel not very hungry on Tue day 2 but Thursday day 4 was tough....
Today is ok A bit light headed.. Trying less coffee and even more water . I read last night about salt how much salt is recommended to add???
If there is a better place for me to be since I am not attending a clinic and using some alternative products please advise..
Thank you very much for your help and suggestions
ME

AlaskaLadyie
04-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I considered myself fairly active when on phase 1 and I never burned 1800-2000 calories in exercise a day. I think dialing it back a bit, at least until your body adjusts. I have read that can take about 4 weeks.

To clarify my FitBit shows that many calories burnt for the whole day not just my exercise ok

drd1961
04-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Have been off for awhile due to internet problems, have really missed reading the forum. I always learn something new when I read. You guys are great for support. Need have been sick and have not stuck to IP took control today and getting back on. Hope everyone has a great weekend. My daughter goes to Prom tomorrow night, not ready for this. Can remember when she was born, she's grown up so fact.
It does go fast. My youngest turns 21 tomorrow, my oldest turned 26 last week.

drd1961
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
To clarify my FitBit shows that many calories burnt for the whole day not just my exercise ok

Thanks for the clarification.

When I started this process I actually read a bit about ketogenic diets and the athlete and heavy exerciser. After about 4 weeks, the body has been trained to burn the ketones even in exercise. Before that it is very difficult to work out hard. Armed with this knowledge, I dialed it back for 4 weeks. I listened to my body, was I more tired, more hungry and took extra rest days. I found when I hit the 4 week mark, my work-outs started to get better. I still could not go all out, but it was better. Now on P4, I am back to the heavier work-outs. I just told myself that it was for a short time to get to a long term goal.

brelo
04-04-2014, 07:45 PM
TMI question: I am going on a road trip this weekend and will spend about 9 hours in the car. Normally I don't have any problems with the big C, although movements are laborious and time consuming and not very often. (Sorry for the details!) Am a little worried about what will happen on the trip and wondering if I should go ahead and take smooth move tea preemptively? Any thoughts? Maybe take a couple of times during the trip? I already plan on drinking a lot of water and making sure I have a big salad every day.

Have not posted for awhile but still check in once in a while to read your inspiring stories. Way to go Deana and so many others!

AmberLS
04-04-2014, 07:58 PM
My tubes are tied and I'm wondering if I should get off my birth control pills. So the weeks that I don't take pills (the sugar pills you take the week you start), I lose more weight, then when I start again I slow down, I'm not sure if maybe taking the pills holds me back a little. I know that for a lot of people the pill makes them gain weight when they first start taking them, I never had that problem and now since my cycle is all over the place cause of the diet I thought I might try and drop the pills. What's everyone's take on this?

drd1961
04-04-2014, 08:12 PM
My tubes are tied and I'm wondering if I should get off my birth control pills. So the weeks that I don't take pills (the sugar pills you take the week you start), I lose more weight, then when I start again I slow down, I'm not sure if maybe taking the pills holds me back a little. I know that for a lot of people the pill makes them gain weight when they first start taking them, I never had that problem and now since my cycle is all over the place cause of the diet I thought I might try and drop the pills. What's everyone's take on this?
I don't see a reason to be on the pill. I got my tubes tied back in the 90's. I went off the pill and was fine. Not sure it will affect your weight that much but if you don't need the hormones, don't take them.

AmberLS
04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I don't see a reason to be on the pill. I got my tubes tied back in the 90's. I went off the pill and was fine. Not sure it will affect your weight that much but if you don't need the hormones, don't take them.

Well I was off for awhile, but my body, cycled, and hormones were a wreck! I had terrible TOM's and PMS, so I started the pill again a year ago to help, but now that I'm on IP my TOM is all over the place anyway.

Indygal
04-04-2014, 08:59 PM
3rd weigh in tonight and I lost 3.4 lbs and 3.5 inches. So happy with this diet! Only thing I've been struggling with is fatigue. Today is the first time in years I took a nap. Anyone else have this issue?

AlaskaLadyie
04-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

When I started this process I actually read a bit about ketogenic diets and the athlete and heavy exerciser. After about 4 weeks, the body has been trained to burn the ketones even in exercise. Before that it is very difficult to work out hard. Armed with this knowledge, I dialed it back for 4 weeks. I listened to my body, was I more tired, more hungry and took extra rest days. I found when I hit the 4 week mark, my work-outs started to get better. I still could not go all out, but it was better. Now on P4, I am back to the heavier work-outs. I just told myself that it was for a short time to get to a long term goal.

Thank you very much for the information I did the other day order a Yoga DVD so when it gets here I will skip the weight lifting and do yoga and see how that goes. I for the last month tried eating more (healthy food)and lifting extreme amount of free weights but even doing that I gained 8# so that is what drove me to try IP. .... Another Question What are the Test Strips called that you use to see if you are in Ketosis or not ??

AlaskaLadyie
04-04-2014, 10:15 PM
drd.........
I am a diet Book junkie........What books did U find most helpful???

kaylynt
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
drd.........
I am a diet Book junkie........What books did U find most helpful???

I've pretty much read most of them. Right now im reading "Lean for Life". Their ideas are in line a lot with IP.

I love reading "Eat to Live". And "The End Of Dieting" is in the mail from amazon. I also have 2 from Jackie Warner and 2 from Jillian Micheals. I also have "the new Atkins Revolution" but haven't really found that in line with IP yet. "The China Project" and "Eat to Live" made me realize how important food is for your health, not just your weight. They were pretty much life changing.

Yayalaine
04-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Any creative ideas for storing your protein products?? I received my first Nashua box today. I guess it never occurred to me that several boxes of different items would take up so much space. I hate having things sit out on the counter, but I don't have much cabinet space at all.

TurtleMom
04-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Today's NSV: bought some pants 2 sizes smaller than used to wear :D I was surprised how easily they slid on, but certainly not ready for the next size yet! Made sure they had belt loops for when they get too big. Also discovered that Good Earth's Sweet & Spicy herbal tea is absolutely delicious!

TurtleMom
04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Any creative ideas for storing your protein products?? I received my first Nashua box today. I guess it never occurred to me that several boxes of different items would take up so much space. I hate having things sit out on the counter, but I don't have much cabinet space at all.

Any space available under the bed? You could keep a small selection in the kitchen & replenish as needed :)

brelo
04-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Fat Chance by Dr. Lustig is a good one.

I also need to order The End of Overeating from Amazon sometime.

Yayalaine
04-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Any space available under the bed? You could keep a small selection in the kitchen & replenish as needed :)

Oh no, under the bed is already full. Haha! We have a little house and too much stuff, I guess. ;) HOWEVER... we do have some attic space. Maybe I can move some of the under-bed stuff to the attic, then put an under-bed tote of products under the bed...

AlaskaLadyie
04-05-2014, 03:32 AM
Thank you I got the Lean for Life on my Nook tonight for starters... Having a better evening here

AlaskaLadyie
04-05-2014, 03:36 AM
I copied the label / instructions and sort of combined my boxes or cut the instructions/ label off on and put it inside another... the boxes I got did not seem full so I combined products from 2 different into one box to save space.... Though I did like the Tote under the bed idea.....