Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Wednesday 4/2/2014

View Full Version : IP daily chat Wednesday 4/2/2014

lisa32989
04-02-2014, 06:33 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

getnlean
04-02-2014, 07:18 AM
I don't post often but just had to share that this morning was my 6 week weigh in and I hit wonderland!!!!

TurtleMom
04-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Trying to get my groove back after a week-long spring break. Summer vacation is beginning to call my name :)

I have a question: I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely PARCHED. I drank more than enough water throughout the day yesterday (as I usually do), but I'm pretty sure I did not hit my salt quota. Everything else was pretty much the same -got in all my veg, protein, packets, & supplements. Could the lack of salt and waking up in the middle of the night thirsty be related? I'm used to waking up due to pain, but not to thirst!

Have a lovely day :goodvibes:

TurtleMom
04-02-2014, 07:22 AM
I don't post often but just had to share that this morning was my 6 week weigh in and I hit wonderland!!!!

:bravo: Keep up the good work!

Ruth Ann
04-02-2014, 07:30 AM

Welcome to Onderland! That is exciting! :bravo::cp::dancer:

I have a question: I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely PARCHED. I drank more than enough water throughout the day yesterday (as I usually do), but I'm pretty sure I did not hit my salt quota. Everything else was pretty much the same -got in all my veg, protein, packets, & supplements. Could the lack of salt and waking up in the middle of the night thirsty be related? I'm used to waking up due to pain, but not to thirst!

I'm doing that too right now. I suspect it's seasonal allergies. I've just been keeping a bottle of water by the bed and drinking it when needed.

shrinkingsusie
04-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Good morning! My scale is still stuck and I am getting frustrated and discouraged. I have increased energy though and have been feeling almost like I want to start running. We are rearranging some things in the house, so my treadmill isn't set up at the moment, but I think I will make that a priority this week. I think I need to hide my scale for a while and stop worrying about it and just continue on but it is hard to do.

Ruth Ann
04-02-2014, 07:56 AM
shrinkingsusie - How frustrating! Hang in there - it will happen! I agree with the treadmill (love mine!) and hiding the scale if it's stressing you out. No great advice, but I'm rooting for you - you've done so great!

Annik
04-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Good morning! My scale is still stuck and I am getting frustrated and discouraged. I have increased energy though and have been feeling almost like I want to start running. We are rearranging some things in the house, so my treadmill isn't set up at the moment, but I think I will make that a priority this week. I think I need to hide my scale for a while and stop worrying about it and just continue on but it is hard to do.

I remember someone saying that sometimes when we hit a stall, sometimes it is a sign we need to shift things 'up' a little bit. A bit more protein, a bit more fat, or another packet a day. I wonder if anyone had some insight?

stephascope
04-02-2014, 08:37 AM

I'm sorry to hear the scale is stuck shrinkingsusie. Have you maybe thought about switching to Phase 2 for a little while? Maybe your body needs more food. You can still lose weight in Phase 2. Maybe not what you want to hear since you're not at goal yet but it's just a suggestion. :)

Annik
04-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Just back home from a trip to Rome and Dusseldorf. Rome was easier to IP 'navigate' than I thought it would be. Germany presented a bit more of a challenge.

While in Rome, a great reliable restaurant is Insalata Ricca (it's a chain...good, healthy food that is Ip friendly ... http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1023157-Reviews-L_Insalata_Ricca-Rome_Lazio.html)

There is an excellent one of them right near the Vatican.

Germany was ok but it just seemed a little more challenging on the food front. It involved a family visit with language barriers ... supportive family but they couldn't get the 'no fruit' aspect. And I don't know enough Polish or German to explain.

I survived ... Even lost a few pounds but it was hard work when with family (I stayed with them).

Happy to be home!

A picture of my cousin and me getting ready to climb an experiential art exhibit -- the photo was taken by her husband (who is the actual cousin!). I am on the right! I could never have done the climb a year ago.

My last trip to Rome was in March 2013. Main observation = what a difference. 100 pound she'd makes for mobility -- no problem fitting into seat on plane! Wow, stairs now so easy! (I was even sailing by my so called always thin friends... My health has really improved and I am so grateful for it)

AmberLS
04-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Happy hump day! So glad it's Wednesday, one day closer to Friday.

ColoradoCarol
04-02-2014, 08:58 AM

Congratulations!!! :bravo:

Jenny38
04-02-2014, 08:59 AM

Getnlean- Way to go:carrot::carrot:

Shrinkingsusie - hang in there and if you are feeling the urge to run " run with it". I think adding exercise helps and will make a difference in the inches lost.

Annik - sounds like a great trip. I'm impressed that you even lost weight. Sounds like you observed some amazing differences being so much healthier for this trip.

Happy it is Wednesday but really wishing it was Friday. It has been a busy week and I have felt ++hungry.

kaylynt
04-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Congrats Getlean!

1st WI today! Wish me luck :)

kaylynt
04-02-2014, 09:04 AM
I remember someone saying that sometimes when we hit a stall, sometimes it is a sign we need to shift things 'up' a little bit. A bit more protein, a bit more fat, or another packet a day. I wonder if anyone had some insight?

WOW I love your signature! Any progress photos?

ColoradoCarol
04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Today is WI day. Since changing up some of the things in my routine (a fiber powder and a probiotic; more lettuce) I am hopeful I will see a good loss at the WI today.

Ruth Ann don't you start P2 today??? Good luck.

I wanted to say hi to all. I continue to be VERY busy at work which leaves my very little time to post, but I do stop in and read posts during lunch, just not enough time to post.

Congratulations to all who have been experiencing losses and to those who are feeling challenged - keep fighting the good fight. The program works if you stick to it. I can personally atest to that.

Happy Wednesday!!!

Ruth Ann
04-02-2014, 09:11 AM
1st WI today! Wish me luck :)

Good luck!

Today is WI day. Since changing up some of the things in my routine (a fiber powder and a probiotic; more lettuce) I am hopeful I will see a good loss at the WI today.

Ruth Ann don't you start P2 today??? Good luck.

I wanted to say hi to all. I continue to be VERY busy at work which leaves my very little time to post, but I do stop in and read posts during lunch, just not enough time to post.

Congratulations to all who have been experiencing losses and to those who are feeling challenged - keep fighting the good fight. The program works if you stick to it. I can personally atest to that.

Happy Wednesday!!!

Hope it helps Carol - love your determination! Hope things get less crazy for you soon.

I'm actually going to start P2 on Saturday - this week is screwy enough without changing my menu. Figure changing on a weekend will give me a couple of days to get used to it and extra time to plan out the next week. I'm a big fan of planning. :D

65X65
04-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Just back home from a trip to Rome and Dusseldorf. Rome was easier to IP 'navigate' than I thought it would be. Germany presented a bit more of a challenge.

While in Rome, a great reliable restaurant is Insalata Ricca (it's a chain...good, healthy food that is Ip friendly ... http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1023157-Reviews-L_Insalata_Ricca-Rome_Lazio.html)

Germany was ok but it just seemed a little more challenging on the food front. It involved a family visit with language barriers ... supportive family but they couldn't get the 'no fruit' aspect. And I don't know enough Polish or German to explain.

I survived ... Even lost a few pounds but it was hard work when with family (I stayed with them).

Happy to be home!

A picture of my cousin and me getting ready to climb an experiential art exhibit -- the photo was taken by her husband (who is the actual cousin!). I am on the right! I could never have done the climb a year ago.

My last trip to Rome was in March 2013. Main observation = what a difference. 100 pound she'd makes for mobility -- no problem fitting into seat on plane! Wow, stairs now so easy! (I was even sailing by my so called always thin friends... My health has really improved and I am so grateful for it)
AnniK-
Great for you to have traveled on such an awesome trip and even manged to lose a little...and thanks for the insight. As my DH approaches retirement in the "nearer" future...much more travel will be on our dashboard...and Italy is one of the places we are planning in his first year of retirement..when ever that happens. Great to know there is a way to navigate Italy and not have to carb binge to survive! Also, being GF the thought of Italy really does make me nervous!

How would Germany be if you did not have to fend off family in the dining challenge?

ColoradoCarol
04-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Hope it helps Carol - love your determination! Hope things get less crazy for you soon.

I'm actually going to start P2 on Saturday - this week is screwy enough without changing my menu. Figure changing on a weekend will give me a couple of days to get used to it and extra time to plan out the next week. I'm a big fan of planning. :D

Thanks Ruth Ann. I am determined to get these last 25-30 lbs off. Would like them off by my birthday (end of June). We'll see.

I am a HUGE fan of planning. On the weekends, I cook chicken for the week, cut my veggies for my lunches, boil eggs for my lunches, and sometimes get some veggies cut for dinners. That way when I get home from an exhausting day at work (and there have been a lot) all I have to do is cook up my veggies real quick and dinner is ready. Good luck on P2. I am so envious, but good envious.

sweetharmony
04-02-2014, 09:30 AM

That's fantastic!!! Congrats!!!:cheer3:

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Morning, All --

getnlean -- WELCOME TO ONDERLAND!!! Congrats to you!! :hat:

I, too, have found that planning and pre-cooking is a lifeline for me. I am in the routine now of doing a bunch of cooking on Mondays and living off of that for most of the week, at least meat-wise. Yesterday I grilled up 8 chicken breasts and had a beef roast in the crockpot. (I'm just finishing 2 weeks on P2. Will return to P1 Friday -- needed to shake things up a bit to get the scale moving again.) I also cut up a bunch of veggies and precooked about 2 days worth. I rarely cook anything single portion anymore. If I'm going to cook, it's going to benefit me for at least 2 days or more. I need the mental break from cooking & thinking about meals.

Weigh in today was good -- down 1. That is 2 losing weeks in a row. That is big news for me. For the past few weeks, I've been up and down over the same 3 lbs or so, so I am thrilled to still be facing forward 2 weeks in a row today. I guess, as you get toward goal, it's the little things. :dizzy:

NSV: Went for a long walk with my husband last night. I enjoyed it. I wasn't winded or ill-mannered (physical exertion used to make me crabby). My husband couldn't believe how fast I could walk and that I wasn't winded at the top of hills. Yay!

sarahBell
04-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Ok last Friday when I stepped on the scale I was up 4.3 lbs ( I knew it was coming) and I held onto that weight all weekend and this week. Well this AM I stepped on the scale and I am down 2.7 lbs!!! :broc:

I was retaining water, I have been stressed last week and this week so it all works against me. If I can keep at 98-100% this week and here on out I will be fine. I just need to keep my mind clear and stress down.

But I am happy abt the loss this week and I WI Friday!

65X65
04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Morning, All --

getnlean -- WELCOME TO ONDERLAND!!! Congrats to you!! :hat:

I, too, have found that planning and pre-cooking is a lifeline for me. I am in the routine now of doing a bunch of cooking on Mondays and living off of that for most of the week, at least meat-wise. Yesterday I grilled up 8 chicken breasts and had a beef roast in the crockpot. (I'm just finishing 2 weeks on P2. Will return to P1 Friday -- needed to shake things up a bit to get the scale moving again.) I also cut up a bunch of veggies and precooked about 2 days worth. I rarely cook anything single portion anymore. If I'm going to cook, it's going to benefit me for at least 2 days or more. I need the mental break from cooking & thinking about meals.

Weigh in today was good -- down 1. That is 2 losing weeks in a row. That is big news for me. For the past few weeks, I've been up and down over the same 3 lbs or so, so I am thrilled to still be facing forward 2 weeks in a row today. I guess, as you get toward goal, it's the little things. :dizzy:

NSV: Went for a long walk with my husband last night. I enjoyed it. I wasn't winded or ill-mannered (physical exertion used to make me crabby). My husband couldn't believe how fast I could walk and that I wasn't winded at the top of hills. Yay!

Good news all around for you Sylvie..:D

I find all that planning that was needed inP1-2 are really valuable tools in maintenance as well..that is a lifetime habit that need to be committed to for lasting results.

This last few weeks as spring cleaning and reorg in the kitchen has been an going on activity, I took stock of what I do now most often and really purged the things we don't use...or moved them to the basement..

(...OK..that's a purge for next month...:dizzy:)

Still enjoy the RTD protein shakes heated with coffee on a busy AM...and often take one to the gym with me then go to the coffee shop and have the barista steam it into a vanilla or choc latte for me..no additional milk or flavoring of course...just espresso. I think someone else posted about doing this early in the winter...

Yummy...and so addictive...and not full of sugar or fat...but at a few $ a pop...and they were using MY "milk" ...I started thinking about getting a steamer or frother of my own. Found one that takes very little space on the counter...and can do warm or cold froth...(summer's a commin'). So far I really like the way I can do these at home...!! It makes doing this feel like a treat..

Now approaching the 8 months mark since reaching goal, :carrot::carrot::carrot:and this week marks a whole a year since I've been exercising regularly!!
:woops::lifter::trampo::strong::tread::workout::ba rbell:

SOO ... I celebrated by starting to add the small electrics that make things better... and replace things that I really use now with newer better versions. The crockpot and blender also were on my hit list ....!

Planning to succed in maintenance is all about what works for you! Rearranging the kitchen...and really making your workspace a place where what you need for the future is handy and nice to use is not a bad idea...it's part of planning. And everyone deserves to find doing the right thing easy and hassle free.

Even if you can't afford new items at the moment...rearranging/planning for your new life is a big deal and should not be underestimated!!!!!;)

danilynn
04-02-2014, 10:07 AM

Happy to be home!

AnniK-- I am Jealous!!!! :D Dusseldorf is on our to do list for our next "across the Pond" adventure. In 2013 we did a Germany Trip, (husb and I) which was alot of fun! We flew into Frankfurt -- then rented a car and drove. We went to Fussen -- Salzburg Aust, back up to Bamburg then Frankfurt as our last stop.
I can not wait for 2015's Trip!!! we are still planning that out.

schenectady
04-02-2014, 10:08 AM

I am so happy that your trip was such a success - keeping true to the program is a real challenge when travelling and you seem to have found a way. Congratulations.

When I took my first flight after nearly 100 pounds, I was ASTOUNDED at how much seat belt was extra when I buckled up. I used to have to suck it in, twist in my seat, pull hard and hope that I could make the belt catch and fasten. Now, there is something like 5 or 6 inches left.

ems70508
04-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Getnlean, congrats, what an amazing feeling to get to onederland! Keep it up!

Annik, I bet you had an amazing trip!! I studied abroad in Italy for a semester in college. I was at my heaviest weight so I couldn't try on the clothes or shoes since I was so large (size 18-20 and size 11 feet). That didn't help the way I looked at myself. I can only imagine what it's like to go back 100 lbs lighter! I hope to be going back next March or so for my friends birthday!

ColoradoCarol, good luck at WI today! I WI in as well. I've been OP but TOM showed up last night so I don't know how much movement will show at lunch.

SylviesGirl, Im with ya on that meal prep, keeps me going.

65, wow...congrats on those milestones, it must feel great to be in charge and control. Can't wait to be there myself.

schenectady
04-02-2014, 10:31 AM
65X65 - I love your decision to stock your kitchen with the new appliances that make it easier and more fun to eat healthy. I will make that a priority when we move into our new home, when it is done, when it is built...nine months or more for me to dream about what I want. I think the steamer is first on my list and something I never would have considered! (It will be made easier by the fact that we gave away most of our kitchen gadgets when we moved into our interim house).

You are so full of great ideas and thoughts. Thanks for all of that and the support - after losing track of myself during house sale/move/design I am firmly back in track and back into Onederland and feeling great. Yesterday, I even managed to get my husband to take a short walk with me to help the puppy get used to her new neighborhood. He has always resisted, but for the puppy......he will do anything!

ems70508
04-02-2014, 10:33 AM
65 I highly reccomend a nutribullet. It fits 2C lettuce, 1 RTD and ice perfectly!

65X65
04-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks...that is on my list to explore...I actually DID buy a vitamix yesterday...but it is BIG..way too big for 1 drink. They do make a smaller "Personal" vitamix now...but you can't really do volume in that one...like a big batch of soup or homemade tomato sauce. At any rate my warring was 20 yrs old...been repaired once...still works...but...I'm DONE with it and it's in the BASEMENT ..lol...going to goodwill this weekend!!! Any one else on the small blenders??? GNC also has a small one...pretty reasonable in $$. Anyone have that one??

Also bought a new crockpot yesterday, and I CAN"T wait to try it. It is the all-clad one from Williams Sonoma which I have been eyeballing for a while...My Rival is approaching senility and was probably same vintage as my blender. It just looked sooo tired and used up...even though it also still works fine. Someone will appreciate having it and I know I deserved the splurge! At this point in maintenance I need to remember to be good to me..I was pretty good at that when I was in the losing phases. I don't need clothes as much any more...and everyday is really a good day because I feel so good and know I am well on my way to doing what it is I must do for life.

When I started reorganizing things a few weeks ago, it made me realize how important it was to ENJOY being in the kitchen and doing healthy low carb things. This is all about enjoying BEING good now. If that makes sense....:dizzy:

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Good news all around for you Sylvie..:D

I find all that planning that was needed inP1-2 are really valuable tools in maintenance as well..that is a lifetime habit that need to be committed to for lasting results.

This last few weeks as spring cleaning and reorg in the kitchen has been an going on activity, I took stock of what I do now most often and really purged the things we don't use...or moved them to the basement..

(...OK..that's a purge for next month...:dizzy:)

Still enjoy the RTD protein shakes heated with coffee on a busy AM...and often take one to the gym with me then go to the coffee shop and have the barista steam it into a vanilla or choc latte for me..no additional milk or flavoring of course...just espresso. I think someone else posted about doing this early in the winter...

Yummy...and so addictive...and not full of sugar or fat...but at a few $ a pop...and they were using MY "milk" ...I started thinking about getting a steamer or frother of my own. Found one that takes very little space on the counter...and can do warm or cold froth...(summer's a commin'). So far I really like the way I can do these at home...!! It makes doing this feel like a treat..

Now approaching the 8 months mark since reaching goal, :carrot::carrot::carrot:and this week marks a whole a year since I've been exercising regularly!!
:woops::lifter::trampo::strong::tread::workout::ba rbell:

SOO ... I celebrated by starting to add the small electrics that make things better... and replace things that I really use now with newer better versions. The crockpot and blender also were on my hit list ....!

Planning to succed in maintenance is all about what works for you! Rearranging the kitchen...and really making your workspace a place where what you need for the future is handy and nice to use is not a bad idea...it's part of planning. And everyone deserves to find doing the right thing easy and hassle free.

Even if you can't afford new items at the moment...rearranging/planning for your new life is a big deal and should not be underestimated!!!!!;)

65x65 -- Congrats on 8 months at goal!! And more congrats on 1 year exercising! It must feel like a whole new life to you. I know I feel that way, and I still have a lot to get established for it to feel real. You are a great role model. Thanks for that.

Now, onto this coffee bit . . . I had no idea you could do this! Are you saying that I could bring in my Pure Protein shake, order a latte' and ask them to use my shake for the milk component? Correct me if I have that wrong, because otherwise I will be trying this out soon. I really do miss being "mobile." Meaning, I miss being able to go sit in a Starbucks or a Panera on occasion or swing through to get a coffee on my way somewhere, etc. I don't do black coffee -- I like to make my coffee an occasion all in itself and have been doing that with a bit of my shake for creamer along with WF chocolate syrup. (I used the remainder of the shake for my breakfast, so no extra intake there, and, if I have any more thereafter, I use the remainder of that shake for my evening snack, so, again, nothing extra consumed.)

The home foamer sounds even more intriguing, but I will hold off on that to see how much coffee goes down in summer. I seem to be a fair-weather/cold-weather fan of coffee. The magic bullet is next on my list to acquire as those McD's frappe's speak to me. I do miss them. I love the "chew" to them, the icy crystals . . . hoping to achieve that with the same coffee/shake mixture (maybe a bit heavier on the shake) for a summertime breakfast.

When I first started on IP, I was so down on myself, I could not see "treating myself" to any kitchen appliance or anything to simply make my life easier. Funny thing what some self-discipline and, oh -100 lbs, can do for your self-esteem. Now, if it helps me stay OP, it is worth it. I am worth it. (Also, I think of all the $$$ saved on not eating out and not buying junk, and I bet I'm still coming out ahead!) Heck, we took my son out for a good report card the other night. He chose Cheesecake Factory. :devil: I ordered off the Skinnylicious menu and still had them hold the sauce, potatoes, and croutons, and had coffee while they had cheesecake. With the $8 I saved on the cheesecake, I treated myself to a new top (size S, no less) at Gap (on clearance, so it really was $8. Such a deal!) If you're OP, you win even when you lose! ;)

ems70508
04-02-2014, 11:25 AM
SylviesGirl, check out a cold brew coffee maker! I always have a pot of it in my fridge! You get a large plastic container, fill with ground coffee and water and let it steep on your counter for 12 hours or so. The bottom of the container has a filter and plug. You unplug it and set on top of the glass jar that it comes with. It filters out cold coffee concentrate. A little bit goes a long way! Before IP, I drank this in the summer with milk as an iced coffee! Now, I add it to my RTD Shakes! I got mine locally at a Community Coffee Shop but they sell them at World Market as well!

It makes it easy to put a coffee flavor in a shake instead of using warm coffee

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/toddy-coffeemaker.do

pishposhappelsauce
04-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Happy hump day! I'm happy to say I'll be starting IP this week. Picking up my starter food kit today or tomorrow.

I know it's probably different for every person and their schedules, but I'm curious, have any of you experienced more success weighing in on a certain day of the week? Not that weighing in on a Monday vs. a Wednesday will result in a lower number on the scale, but I'm thinking more about powering through "temptation" days.

Being a chronic self sabotager, I seriously used to weigh in on Fridays when I was in weight watchers thinking that I could cheat all weekend and then make up for it during the week days. That's ridiculous of course (and why I'm here now), but I'm thinking of making Mondays my WI day so I "trick" myself into staying OP over the weekends to see the loss right after. My friend at work who is doing IP weighs on on Fridays so her losses motivate her to push through the weekend and see a loss the next week.

Does anyone else play these mind games with themselves?

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
65 I highly reccomend a nutribullet. It fits 2C lettuce, 1 RTD and ice perfectly!

Good to know! What kind of consistency do you get? I want to achieve that "chewy/crunchy" consistency of a McDonald's frappe. Do you know what I mean by that? Teeny, tiny ice crystals; they kind of crunch if you chew it? I find that I crave that consistency more than even the flavor.

eandc2006
04-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Hey all. Still here and maintaining but thought I would stop in and say hello to everyone and congrats on all the continued success...the maintainers thread can be quiet at times. Its great to see everyone doing so well and staying strong. IP is awesome!

Just wanted to share a few things. My Mom and her friend were in town over the weekend and I was really amazed at my mom's eating habits. She has done IP (and lost 30lbs) and for the most part kept it off for over a year (in a 5-8lb range). She never phased off properly and seems to be an all or nothing type of person. The desert consumption was extreme and I really noticed some bad habits coming back (on her end). Given my IP journey has been different (thanks in large part to the support on here) I felt as if I was really able to sit back and observe.

In addition, my mom is a HEAVY smoker and was constantly lighting up while in town. Observing the food and smoking combined stopped me in my tracks. My husband and I were smokers and decided Sunday that enough was enough. We are done! Today is day three and just like IP, we are making healthy moves to a better future.

Am I concerned about the weight gain...yes and no. No because I have the tools and I am not afraid to use them. Yes because people make such a big deal about it...as if its completely and utterly unavoidable no matter what you do.

Anyhow, I guess the point I am making is that for over a year and a half, I have been working on me (losing weight, increasing fitness, etc). Now is another healthy chapter of quitting smoking and its time. I love my Mom, she is my very best friend and a beautiful person inside and out BUT I don't want to continue these battles past 30.

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 11:33 AM
SylviesGirl, check out a cold brew coffee maker! I always have a pot of it in my fridge! You get a large plastic container, fill with ground coffee and water and let it steep on your counter for 12 hours or so. The bottom of the container has a filter and plug. You unplug it and set on top of the glass jar that it comes with. It filters out cold coffee concentrate. A little bit goes a long way! Before IP, I drank this in the summer with milk as an iced coffee! Now, I add it to my RTD Shakes! I got mine locally at a Community Coffee Shop but they sell them at World Market as well!

It makes it easy to put a coffee flavor in a shake instead of using warm coffee

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/toddy-coffeemaker.do

Oooh, that is intriguing! I never knew there was anything like that. It sounds perfect! Thanks! I love cold coffee drinks!

ems70508
04-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Good to know! What kind of consistency do you get? I want to achieve that "chewy/crunchy" consistency of a McDonald's frappe. Do you know what I mean by that? Teeny, tiny ice crystals; they kind of crunch if you chew it? I find that I crave that consistency more than even the flavor.

With this combination, I don't get 'crunchy' ice crystals like you're talking about. Although this AM, I didn't have 2 full cups of lettuce, it was more like 1. So I added more ice than normal to get to the 'fill' line on the blender. It was definitely more icy than I would like but sounds like what you're looking for! I never had the mcdonalds drink, so I can't tell you for sure!

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Happy hump day! I'm happy to say I'll be starting IP this week. Picking up my starter food kit today or tomorrow.

I know it's probably different for every person and their schedules, but I'm curious, have any of you experienced more success weighing in on a certain day of the week? Not that weighing in on a Monday vs. a Wednesday will result in a lower number on the scale, but I'm thinking more about powering through "temptation" days.

Being a chronic self sabotager, I seriously used to weigh in on Fridays when I was in weight watchers thinking that I could cheat all weekend and then make up for it during the week days. That's ridiculous of course (and why I'm here now), but I'm thinking of making Mondays my WI day so I "trick" myself into staying OP over the weekends to see the loss right after. My friend at work who is doing IP weighs on on Fridays so her losses motivate her to push through the weekend and see a loss the next week.

I remember thinking this way in the beginning. Anything to get the right number on the scale. Eventually, I started looking at the broader picture. It isn't really about the number on the scale. It is more about learning and assimilating the principles of eating correctly for a healthy outcome.

I believe there are some statistics out there that show that, somehow, your body weight tends to be at its lowest on Fridays. I know that I am concerned about my weight every day, not just on Fridays. To you, I would say, if you are early on in your weight loss journey, do whatever makes you feel good -- as far as when you weigh -- and keeps you accountable. There is no wrong time to weigh. Just remember that the number on the scale is always just a moment in time. The bigger thing to assess each week is whether or not you are being true to the program and to yourself. The longer you have been on this program, the more naturally this comes, imo. Hang in there and do whatever gets you through for now.

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 11:40 AM
With this combination, I don't get 'crunchy' ice crystals like you're talking about. Although this AM, I didn't have 2 full cups of lettuce, it was more like 1. So I added more ice than normal to get to the 'fill' line on the blender. It was definitely more icy than I would like but sounds like what you're looking for! I never had the mcdonalds drink, so I can't tell you for sure!

Don't have one! They're evil and addictive! :devil:

Thanks!

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey all. Still here and maintaining but thought I would stop in and say hello to everyone and congrats on all the continued success...the maintainers thread can be quiet at times. Its great to see everyone doing so well and staying strong. IP is awesome!

Just wanted to share a few things. My Mom and her friend were in town over the weekend and I was really amazed at my mom's eating habits. She has done IP (and lost 30lbs) and for the most part kept it off for over a year (in a 5-8lb range). She never phased off properly and seems to be an all or nothing type of person. The desert consumption was extreme and I really noticed some bad habits coming back (on her end). Given my IP journey has been different (thanks in large part to the support on here) I felt as if I was really able to sit back and observe.

In addition, my mom is a HEAVY smoker and was constantly lighting up while in town. Observing the food and smoking combined stopped me in my tracks. My husband and I were smokers and decided Sunday that enough was enough. We are done! Today is day three and just like IP, we are making healthy moves to a better future.

Am I concerned about the weight gain...yes and no. No because I have the tools and I am not afraid to use them. Yes because people make such a big deal about it...as if its completely and utterly unavoidable no matter what you do.

Anyhow, I guess the point I am making is that for over a year and a half, I have been working on me (losing weight, increasing fitness, etc). Now is another healthy chapter of quitting smoking and its time. I love my Mom, she is my very best friend and a beautiful person inside and out BUT I don't want to continue these battles past 30.

:carrot: eandc -- Way to go! Quitting smoking sounds like an amazingly important new step toward the health you desire. Also, kudos to you for noticing unhealthy eating and habits in your mother and keeping a critical eye. I don't know about you, but there was a time when, if someone else was eating too much dessert, that is all I needed to join right in. Look at you . . . not joining in, but rather finding it motivating to not do it. That is a huge change. Good job.

willsea
04-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Okay, this is not the first time reading that some of you are putting lettuce in your morning shake. I know of putting spinch in the shake to help with the daily veggi intake. My Question here is, are you putting lettuce to help the veggi intake or for added fiber in the morning and are still having 4 cups of veggies.
Thanks for the imput.

JenJen444
04-02-2014, 12:07 PM

First of all, huge congrats on making the decision to quit. You should be really proud of yourself for making your health a priority.

I used to smoke, and every time I quit I actually LOST weight. Smoking used to suck the energy out of me, and quitting always gave it back. The weight would come off pretty effortlessly - I wasn't running marathons, I was just being more active every day without even thinking about it. (It came off especially around my stomach where smoking tends to pack on the pounds.)

I finally quit for good nearly two years ago. The reason why it worked that time was because I was truly ready. Before, I was always thinking "Well, I don't have to quit forEVER. Maybe I can be a 'social smoker' some day.") I put a lot of thought and preparation into quitting for good and now I know I am completely done with it. I don't even think about it anymore, even at really stressful times.

It's that same mentality that has made IP work for so well me. I feel like this is really my "last diet", simply because I am ready for it to be.

(This is also why I would never judge a 90%er. I was 90% and a whole lot less on so many diets in my lifetime. I think many of us were, otherwise we wouldn't be here. I am only able to be 100% on this diet because I was finally in the mindset where I knew I had to get this weight off now or never. Had I tried IP a few years ago, I would have failed miserably because I wouldn't have been "ready" for it.)

Anyway, I bet you find yourself with a bit more energy soon that you can channel into being more active. And even if you gain 5lbs, you'll lose them eventually. And those temporary 5lbs on you are a heck of a lot healthier than five more packs of cigarettes!

dak1lls
04-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Okay, this is not the first time reading that some of you are putting lettuce in your morning shake. I know of putting spinch in the shake to help with the daily veggi intake. My Question here is, are you putting lettuce to help the veggi intake or for added fiber in the morning and are still having 4 cups of veggies.
Thanks for the imput.

willsea: while I do not put lettuce in my morning shake I have seen others comment that it is to get their lettuce quotient in for the day. I believe this is mainly to battle the Big C. Lettuce is not counted as a veggie, so it would not be to get your veggie allowance in. Iceberg and Romaine are considered "free" unlimited.

Rubygirl
04-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Happy to be home!

Good for you......traveling can be such a challenge. Thanks for sharing.

ems70508
04-02-2014, 12:24 PM
willsea: while I do not put lettuce in my morning shake I have seen others comment that it is to get their lettuce quotient in for the day. I believe this is mainly to battle the Big C. Lettuce is not counted as a veggie, so it would not be to get your veggie allowance in. Iceberg and Romaine are considered "free" unlimited.

I add lettuce to mine to help with the big C, like mentioned above. I also do it to add bulk/change consistency to my shake. When I do just ice and RTD shake, I do not like its 'fluffiness' or 'icy' factor. I like the substance that the lettuce gives my shakes.

HulaChic
04-02-2014, 12:29 PM
WI #4: -1.6 pounds. With the cravings (and a couple of minor slips) and moodiness....and my TOM being 12 days late, I am happy that there was something lost!

drd1961
04-02-2014, 12:30 PM

My lowest day is always always always Thursday. Don't know why, just is. So I weigh in on Friday at the clinic and just have to deal with a higher number.

HulaChic
04-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Very excited that you're starting! I am sure everyone plays mind games. I usually picked a Monday or Tuesday so that I wouldn't cheat over the weekend...but that never seemed to help with the weight loss.

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
First WI! Down 7.6!
:celebrate:

HulaChic
04-02-2014, 12:53 PM
First WI! Down 7.6!

Yea!!!!! Congratulations!!!!:carrot:

catlady1981
04-02-2014, 01:22 PM

My lowest day is always always always Thursday. Don't know why, just is. So I weigh in on Friday at the clinic and just have to deal with a higher number.

I've noticed that I seem to stay the same Mon-Thur. Then Fri-Sun I get a whoosh. It's been that way for the last 3 weeks. WI's are on Sat. so I get the benefit of the whoosh then.

elle12
04-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi!

-Did IP back in 2010/2011 & lost 47lbs
-Lost another 55lbs after IP
-Gained 32lbs back

This is my second week restarting Phase 1.

I am excited to be back - this forum is soooooo helpful!!

islandgirlwannabe
04-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Ugh...Yesterday I didn't get but 1 liter of water in and I missed my lunch then had lunch and snack together :( I was at the hospital all morning for my son who had a lumber puncture then some complications then his chemo treatments got home and he was sick all day thus loads of laundry, care etc... Just couldn't get any in until the eve... I haven't cheated all week but today I feel sooo heavy im sure it effected me...Anyone have any knowledge if because I ate lunch and snack together it will take me out of ketosis...I know the lack of water was bad...but im back on it today... im just a lil worried cause tomorrow is weigh in.

islandgirlwannabe
04-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi!

-Gained 32lbs back

Welcome back Elle12

islandgirlwannabe
04-02-2014, 01:50 PM
First WI! Down 7.6!

You Rocked it! Congrats Great Loss :) :carrot:

serenity311
04-02-2014, 02:03 PM

Congratulations!!!! :D

lisa32989
04-02-2014, 02:05 PM
SylviesGirl: the first thing my DH noticed in my WL journey was my ability to take stairs quicker and keep up with him while walking.

65X65 (and everyone else talking small appliances)
I love my vitamix. I blend cold decaf with a pudding packet in the shaker & then add to spinach and ice in the vitamix. This makes a HUGE shake.
I drink part before I leave the house and the rest mid-morning.

It fills almost two 24 oz Tervis tumblers! HUGE.
Vitamix is definitely the tool for that job

My next-most frequently used gadgets are my stick blender and my magic bullet (I'd actually prefer nutribullet but we have the smaller one)

And...I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer. QVC had them on special a couple days ago with free shipping and TONS of colors. I've had my white one for several years. I bought it "like new" on ebay. It looked like it was someone's wedding gift they never used. It really was new w/ open box.

Those are my most-used appliances.

My stick blender is used so frequently I never put it away nor do I put the mix head in the dishwasher (unless it is time to run the DW). I need it too much!

serenity311
04-02-2014, 02:14 PM

Congratulations on making a fabulous decision to quit smoking! That's wonderful! May you continue to move forward in your journey to improved health in all aspects of life. :bravo:

trinny
04-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Ugh...Yesterday I didn't get but 1 liter of water in and I missed my lunch then had lunch and snack together :( I was at the hospital all morning for my son who had a lumber puncture then some complications then his chemo treatments got home and he was sick all day thus loads of laundry, care etc... Just couldn't get any in until the eve... I haven't cheated all week but today I feel sooo heavy im sure it effected me...Anyone have any knowledge if because I ate lunch and snack together it will take me out of ketosis...I know the lack of water was bad...but im back on it today... im just a lil worried cause tomorrow is weigh in.

islandgirlwannabe, please go easy on yourself. Sounds like you have a tremendous amount on your plate right now, so I give you huge amounts of credit for trying to stay OP while going through a difficult time.

While neither the water nor snack situation is ideal, it will not have an enormous impact on your success. Please take this one thing off your mind and rest easy.

ems70508
04-02-2014, 02:53 PM
scale moved at weigh in! AMEN!

SylviesGirl
04-02-2014, 02:56 PM

You have a lot going on and (((hugs))) for that. My advice would be to just keep facing forward. Try to drink extra water today. Try to get back to 100% compliance today. All you can do is your best. There's no going back. In the long run, you didn't do any damage. I don't even think you affected your ketosis. You just haven't helped yourself feel great today is all. Drink your water and congratulate on doing your best with a tough situation.

And prayers for your son. :hug:

65X65
04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
SylviesGirl: the first thing my DH noticed in my WL journey was my ability to take stairs quicker and keep up with him while walking.

65X65 (and everyone else talking small appliances)
I love my vitamix. I blend cold decaf with a pudding packet in the shaker & then add to spinach and ice in the vitamix. This makes a HUGE shake.
I drink part before I leave the house and the rest mid-morning.

It fills almost two 24 oz Tervis tumblers! HUGE.
Vitamix is definitely the tool for that job

My next-most frequently used gadgets are my stick blender and my magic bullet (I'd actually prefer nutribullet but we have the smaller one)

And...I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer. QVC had them on special a couple days ago with free shipping and TONS of colors. I've had my white one for several years. I bought it "like new" on ebay. It looked like it was someone's wedding gift they never used. It really was new w/ open box.

My stick blender is used so frequently I never put it away nor do I put the mix head in the dishwasher (unless it is time to run the DW). I need it too much!

Lisa...Yes-yes...I love my KA stand mixer too! (Love the attachments esp meat grinder!! WHOA...it's amazing)......my sister said "yours is on Steroids" ...we did a mass blitz a few years back making cookie favors for my daughter's wedding.Two of my 4 sisters drove 500 miles packing THEIR smaller but mighty KA stand mixers and dozens of cookie sheets...and we had 3 of those suckers......(no lie) going at once! My husband, bless him, took the teenagers all to Philadelphia by himself and did old city and the historical stuff from 8 AM until dark!...

But it was a hoot seeing 3 of those stand mixers side by side wrhrring away! Which immersion mixer/blender do you have? Is it a cordless one? Been eyeballing those too. It's a bit overwhelming...trying to replace most of this all at once. There are so many choices. Yesterday I packed up old blender, crockpot and cuisinart mini prep for good will...now to figure out the right bullet..and immersion utensil.

BTW...We bought the Cuisinart griddler elite last fall...it has a set of reversible plates...flat side and grill side. It can operate like a press or open flat and cook on 2 surfaces for pancakes (if you make those) eggs..bacon etc. Has a sear function which we use most of the time, and does tuna (rare) and scallops in 2 minutes...and NO SMOKE in the house.

The plates go in the DW to clean. GOOOD appliance for this way of eating. Cooks chicken and chops quickly as well..and we tried a steak this way when we had 19" of new snow on the ground and the state was in emergency only shut down on driving! The steak was not bad...and we are not fans of indoor cooking for steaks!

Love to hear what other appliances people love and use a lot to make this easier..

Johnsdeere
04-02-2014, 03:00 PM
First WI! Down 7.6!

Congrats! Doesn't that kind of weight loss make you want to keep on keepin' on? :)

Hi!

-Gained 32lbs back

Welcome back elle12!

scale moved at weigh in! AMEN!
AMEN!!

soooo....I don't think there is a delicate way of asking so here goes.....how do you determine your new chonie (underware) size? I've only gone up, not down. LOL Would you all suggest just go down a size? They are getting lose and I have to pull them up with my pants. The sooner I can buy some new ones the sooner mankind is safe from the potential of a full moon. :)

65X65
04-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Oooh, that is intriguing! I never knew there was anything like that. It sounds perfect! Thanks! I love cold coffee drinks!

This does sound good...and eventually it will get warm enough to enjoy iced SOMETHING around here...

65X65
04-02-2014, 03:04 PM

you all are convincing me this is the right small appliance...does it chop?

ems70508
04-02-2014, 03:08 PM
you all are convincing me this is the right small appliance...does it chop?

it has 2 blade options, I only use the blending one. I did chop some almonds with the other attachment before IP. It's called the milling blade. The milling blade is ideal for milling grains, chopping fresh herbs and chopping nuts.

65X65
04-02-2014, 03:13 PM
65x65 -- Congrats on 8 months at goal!! And more congrats on 1 year exercising! It must feel like a whole new life to you. I know I feel that way, and I still have a lot to get established for it to feel real. You are a great role model. Thanks for that.

Now, onto this coffee bit . . . I had no idea you could do this! Are you saying that I could bring in my Pure Protein shake, order a latte' and ask them to use my shake for the milk component? Correct me if I have that wrong, because otherwise I will be trying this out soon. I really do miss being "mobile." Meaning, I miss being able to go sit in a Starbucks or a Panera on occasion or swing through to get a coffee on my way somewhere, etc. I don't do black coffee -- I like to make my coffee an occasion all in itself and have been doing that with a bit of my shake for creamer along with WF chocolate syrup. (I used the remainder of the shake for my breakfast, so no extra intake there, and, if I have any more thereafter, I use the remainder of that shake for my evening snack, so, again, nothing extra consumed.)

The home foamer sounds even more intriguing, but I will hold off on that to see how much coffee goes down in summer. I seem to be a fair-weather/cold-weather fan of coffee. The magic bullet is next on my list to acquire as those McD's frappe's speak to me. I do miss them. I love the "chew" to them, the icy crystals . . . hoping to achieve that with the same coffee/shake mixture (maybe a bit heavier on the shake) for a summertime breakfast.

When I first started on IP, I was so down on myself, I could not see "treating myself" to any kitchen appliance or anything to simply make my life easier. Funny thing what some self-discipline and, oh -100 lbs, can do for your self-esteem. Now, if it helps me stay OP, it is worth it. I am worth it. (Also, I think of all the $$$ saved on not eating out and not buying junk, and I bet I'm still coming out ahead!) Heck, we took my son out for a good report card the other night. He chose Cheesecake Factory. :devil: I ordered off the Skinnylicious menu and still had them hold the sauce, potatoes, and croutons, and had coffee while they had cheesecake. With the $8 I saved on the cheesecake, I treated myself to a new top (size S, no less) at Gap (on clearance, so it really was $8. Such a deal!) If you're OP, you win even when you lose! ;)

This is EXACTLY what I do! They charge me between $$2-2.50 (depending on who's at the register)... Telling you friend...this is something I wish I knew about or had thought of when I was on P1....!! I keep one in the car now...and one in my gym bag..."just in case"

I got this one at Williams Sonoma:
http://www.nespresso-us.com/machines/aeroccino-plus/

It warms but doesn't steam or heat to "hot"..so I zap in the microwave. It is immersible for cleaning and also...looks good and is small on the counter.

LOVE IT...will add ice and cold RTD drinks in the summer to make an iced latte. Also...just bet pudding will come out smooth in this...very easy to clean up compared to a blender.

And yes..you are worth it...that is what i realized when i started spring cleaning...out with the old...in with the new...to fit the new me !!

lisa32989
04-02-2014, 03:21 PM
65x65
I have a Cuisinart stick blender. Not cordless.
Those batteries eventually die.
It works FANTASTIC for me.

lisa32989
04-02-2014, 03:24 PM
soooo....I don't think there is a delicate way of asking so here goes.....how do you determine your new chonie (underware) size? I've only gone up, not down. LOL Would you all suggest just go down a size? They are getting lose and I have to pull them up with my pants. The sooner I can buy some new ones the sooner mankind is safe from the potential of a full moon. :)
Well, it depends on how much weight you've lost, I guess. I went down 1 size, then another.
You might just want to buy one pair and see how it goes before investing.

calypso58
04-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Today was WI for me and I lost another 2.4 pounds. I can't believe I am 2 pounds away from my original goal. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I took two trips, one in Feb and one in March, and had decided to eat off plan and drink wine during these trips. It has set me back one month. I've been back OP for 3 weeks. I'm not sure I would do it again because I really want this done, but I learned that I can take off the gain pretty easily by going back to P1. It was hard but it works.

kaylynt
04-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Second Weigh-in Results:

-5.5 lbs and almost 10 inches

-1" chest
-1" each arm
-3" waist
-2.75" hips
-1" each thigh

I'm impressed by the inches lost. I definitely noticed it in my clothes.

Hoping and wanting week 2 to go just as well!

willsea
04-02-2014, 04:04 PM
thanks dak1lls and Ems, I might try this. Did you guys cut back on the mag due to this trick (I believe Ems you were taking Calm at night)?

calypso58
04-02-2014, 04:45 PM
First Weigh-in Results:

-1" chest
-1" each arm
-3" waist
-2.75" hips
-1" each thigh

Way to go kaylynt! :carrot::carrot:

ems70508
04-02-2014, 05:03 PM
thanks dak1lls and Ems, I might try this. Did you guys cut back on the mag due to this trick (I believe Ems you were taking Calm at night)?

haven't cut back on my dose of cal mag from IP but did stop taking CALM. I'm not super regular but at least i'm going now! Before CALM, I could go a solid week without having a BM. Sorry if that's TMI for yall! haha

dak1lls
04-02-2014, 05:10 PM

willsea: i have never tried this little trick, but I generally have the opposite of Big C, so have had no need. I actually had to play around with my cal mag doses to address my issues. (cringe) I don't use the IP brand supplements and it was tricky getting the right dose from an alternative supplement, but I finally worked it out.

TBird
04-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Well here I am back after 2 years! I lost 37 pounds(my goal) and now I have gained 30 back :( I am a walking poster child of--follow through with all Phases!! Don't quit when you reach your goal! I will be looking at this forum everyday since I remember how helpful everyone was on here! Tomorrow is day 1....wish me luck!

ems70508
04-02-2014, 05:24 PM
willsea: i have never tried this little trick, but I generally have the opposite of Big C, so have had no need. I actually had to play around with my cal mag doses to address my issues. (cringe) I don't use the IP brand supplements and it was tricky getting the right dose from an alternative supplement, but I finally worked it out.

I was just telling my IP coach today how thankful I am to have 3FC because you can find SO MUCH information in one place! This reminded me of what I said because both of us have had different experiences with one issue and can share it to help others. Seriously. Guess I'm being all sentimental because I'm full of hormones exploding out of my fat. Guess that's good right?!?!?! lol :dizzy:

TurtleMom
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm doing that too right now. I suspect it's seasonal allergies. I've just been keeping a bottle of water by the bed and drinking it when needed.

I haven't been bothered by seasonal allergies in years, but now that I think about it I have been sniffling the past couple of days. Quite sure it is not a cold! Going to make sure I have bedside water available so I don't have to leave my bed for that drink :)

gnalosit
04-02-2014, 05:52 PM
WK8 and I am having a rough day. I'd say 95% of the time I have no problem with hunger or cravings but today I just can't seem to get full. I have a bad cold so I'm wondering if that is making things worse. Cheated with 2 slices of bacon this afternoon. Going to walk the dog then make an early dinner. Hopefully chicken and veggies will satisfy me. These days are so frustrating when the rest of the time IP seems so easy (ok, maybe not easy but you know what I mean). :mad:

AmberLS
04-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Oh what a nice calm day at work, it doesn't happen very often with preschoolers, but when it does oh it's so sweet. Taking my class on a field trip tomorrow, should be fun. One week and 2 days until spring break and another hurdle to jump, either keeping busy and not snacking, or being on a trip to Vegas and staying OP. Either way there will be some challenges to overcome.

Annik
04-02-2014, 07:05 PM
WOW I love your signature! Any progress photos?

Hi Kaylynt,

I don't know how to post a 'side by side' so here goes one after the other. The first photo was taken April 30, 2013 ... About 2 weeks before I started IP. The second was taken at the beginning of March 2014 just after I passed the 100 lb loss mark.

April 30, 2013

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Second Weigh-in Results:

-1" chest
-1" each arm
-3" waist
-2.75" hips
-1" each thigh

Way to go! Congrats!:bravo:

Annik
04-02-2014, 07:07 PM
This photo March 2014... Just over 100 lbs down since May 17, 2013! IP / low carb = my liberation!

dcs0826
04-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Well...had my first weigh in today. Only lost 2.2 despite being 100% OP. I am kind of discouraged after seeing so many big losses during people's first week. The good news is I supposedly did not lose any muscle. Hoping for a good loss next week..

Annik
04-02-2014, 07:18 PM
AnniK-
Great for you to have traveled on such an awesome trip and even manged to lose a little...and thanks for the insight. As my DH approaches retirement in the "nearer" future...much more travel will be on our dashboard...and Italy is one of the places we are planning in his first year of retirement..when ever that happens. Great to know there is a way to navigate Italy and not have to carb binge to survive! Also, being GF the thought of Italy really does make me nervous!

How would Germany be if you did not have to fend off family in the dining challenge?

I think Germany would be just fine. I managed there quite comfortably at restaurants when family was not pushing fruit my way!

Italy I have to say surprised me. I was expecting it to be a challenge but really I managed very well.

I bought eggs and asked the cook in the kitchen at my guest house to hard boil them for me. I carried 4 hard boiled eggs with me everywhere I went as an emergency stash in case I could not find a suitable low carb option. Worked really well.

Also, SO relieved that I happened to pack some smooth move tea with me. I don't often face a challenge with big C but I did on one of the first days of the trip. Yikes. Without that Smooth Move on hand, I don't know what I would have done.

Also bought some lemon juice while there and drank lots of sparkling water/lemon combo. Doctored it up with stevia (that I had with me) when needed. Also started for the first time just drinking sparkling water plain.

I took 4 cup thermos and non smooth move tea with me, too and found that helpful.

Do you know about Rainbow Smiles' emergency road pack? I 'll find the link. It's super to have along!

Annik

gnalosit
04-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Well...had my first weigh in today. Only lost 2.2 despite being 100% OP. I am kind of discouraged after seeing so many big losses during people's first week. The good news is I supposedly did not lose any muscle. Hoping for a good loss next week..

I've studied a lot of tickers here and I've seen quite a few people who had a small loss the first week then a much bigger loss during week 2. It will happen for you, in the mean time congrats on your 2.2! Any loss is a good loss :)

dak1lls
04-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I was just telling my IP coach today how thankful I am to have 3FC because you can find SO MUCH information in one place! This reminded me of what I said because both of us have had different experiences with one issue and can share it to help others. Seriously. Guess I'm being all sentimental because I'm full of hormones exploding out of my fat. Guess that's good right?!?!?! lol :dizzy:

Absolutely! And yay for exploding hormones! Lol. :bomb:

TurtleMom
04-02-2014, 07:50 PM

I didn't have a big 1st loss. In fact, my coach jumped in & gave me a pep talk even though I wasn't upset! After all the reading I did on the threads, I knew I needed to trust the plan. Follow it, & the weight WILL come off. Not necessarily as fast as we would like, but it will happen. Hang in there & don't give up!

Billy7613
04-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Last night I had leg cramps... And ate a pickle (idea from these threads!) and it worked! I also only got really hungry at 5:30 and seem to have that pattern everyday. Since I have long day, I think I might spread my lunch out into two meals...I was a little lethargic this morning, but overall felt great! The weekend makes me nervous as I usually go out for drinks, so I will have to do something else in its place. Monday weigh in, here I come! I don't "see" any results, but I hope they are there, I have avoided the scale and will not get on it until Monday...:carrot:

lisa32989
04-02-2014, 08:07 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/11955538165_ee90a394c3.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/jdtfYn)

dcs0826
04-02-2014, 08:07 PM
I've studied a lot of tickers here and I've seen quite a few people who had a small loss the first week then a much bigger loss during week 2. It will happen for you, in the mean time congrats on your 2.2! Any loss is a good loss :)

I didn't have a big 1st loss. In fact, my coach jumped in & gave me a pep talk even though I wasn't upset! After all the reading I did on the threads, I knew I needed to trust the plan. Follow it, & the weight WILL come off. Not necessarily as fast as we would like, but it will happen. Hang in there & don't give up!

Thanks for the encouragement :) I am happy with the 2.2, if I continued to lose 2 lbs a week I would be really happy. I just thought most people lost the most in week 1 and it decreased from there. I'm going to stick to the plan, though. Thanks again.

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 08:17 PM

it's one week down, 2.2 lbs is great, there will be more off of you next week. I'm am sorry that you are disappointed, but really seems everyone loses on IP and some weeks are better than others.
:bravo: for staying OP and look forward to more weight shedding!

Yayalaine
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
SylviesGirl:

Hey, what is your main use for these appliances? Are you using your Vitamix, magic bullet, and stick blender for making protein drinks and shakes? How else have they been helpful, i.e. what else do you use each one for? I'm thinking mainly for IP diet purposes... I'm just trying to decide what to get, which to get first, and what to do with it when I get it. ;)

ColoradoCarol
04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Last night I had leg cramps... And ate a pickle (idea from these threads!) and it worked! I also only got really hungry at 5:30 and seem to have that pattern everyday. Since I have long day, I think I might spread my lunch out into two meals...I was a little lethargic this morning, but overall felt great! The weekend makes me nervous as I usually go out for drinks, so I will have to do something else in its place. Monday weigh in, here I come! I don't "see" any results, but I hope they are there, I have avoided the scale and will not get on it until Monday...:carrot:

Talk to your coach about the cramps. When I had them, they had me double up my potassium for a couple days. Mine would come in the middle of the night and were excruciating. That worked and I have never had the problem since. Good luck.

ChipnDip
04-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Down 3.5 today :carrot: just updated my ticker and realized that I am 1/3 of the way to goal. And this is only week 7! I do kind of wish more people would notice. Although I do think people are being polite by not saying anything. By noticing you lost weight it means that they previously noticed that you needed to!

deb07
04-02-2014, 08:58 PM
HELP.....I'm on week 3 and gained 2 pounds. My husband gained 3. We are doing exactly what we are suppose to do. Anyone else ever had that problem when they first started the IP?

ssubert
04-02-2014, 09:02 PM
HELP.....I'm on week 3 and gained 2 pounds. My husband gained 3. We are doing exactly what we are suppose to do. Anyone else ever had that problem when they first started the IP?

I found that I stalled when eating too many veggies and not drinking enough water.

What is example of daily menu?

islandgirlwannabe
04-02-2014, 09:06 PM
islandgirlwannabe, please go easy on yourself. Sounds like you have a tremendous amount on your plate right now, so I give you huge amounts of credit for trying to stay OP while going through a difficult time.

While neither the water nor snack situation is ideal, it will not have an enormous impact on your success. Please take this one thing off your mind and rest easy.

Thank you Trinny you actually made me feel much better <3 I will update tomorrows weigh in... I guess I was worried as its my 2nd week.

islandgirlwannabe
04-02-2014, 09:08 PM
You have a lot going on and (((hugs))) for that. My advice would be to just keep facing forward. Try to drink extra water today. Try to get back to 100% compliance today. All you can do is your best. There's no going back. In the long run, you didn't do any damage. I don't even think you affected your ketosis. You just haven't helped yourself feel great today is all. Drink your water and congratulate on doing your best with a tough situation.

And prayers for your son. :hug:

Thank you ~Hugs!

JLUS
04-02-2014, 10:04 PM

We need much more info to help:

Ht/wt, how much lost week 1 and 2, menus including all items consumed and amounts.

Was it exactly one week and an "official" weigh-in (same time, same place, same clothes, etc) or was this an impromptu "let's see what our weight is today?"

You cannot gain fat weight on IP, but so many things can affect one singular weigh-in... Water retention, salt in-take, time of month for us gals, stress, etc. Weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in one day, so you have to have some patience and look at the big picture, not just one weight at one point in time.

Give us some details and I am sure we can help!

lisa32989
04-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Hey, what is your main use for these appliances? Are you using your Vitamix, magic bullet, and stick blender for making protein drinks and shakes? How else have they been helpful, i.e. what else do you use each one for? I'm thinking mainly for IP diet purposes... I'm just trying to decide what to get, which to get first, and what to do with it when I get it. ;)
All are multipurpose

I use Vitamix for things that won't be hard to scrape out of the bottom. It even ground turkey for me!

Magic bullet is smaller and easier to clean

Stick blender: I just blended up rhubarb, Mio & plain gelatin (hot) to make rhubarb jello. I also use it to mix up my zucchini muffins & cauli mash. It mashes up rutabaga or mashed turnips really well, too. I literally use the stick blender every day.

mars735
04-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Down 3.5 today :carrot: just updated my ticker and realized that I am 1/3 of the way to goal. And this is only week 7! I do kind of wish more people would notice. Although I do think people are being polite by not saying anything. By noticing you lost weight it means that they previously noticed that you needed to!

Congrats on your great progress!: :cp:
I experienced this too. Some people would very carefully ask if my health was ok. Once they knew it was intentional, I got a lot of compliments. Sometimes people see you according to how you usually look in their memory. 30 lbs off was the magic number at which people noticed me shrinking.

Hiker88
04-02-2014, 11:12 PM

I know how you feel, it seemed like forever before many people said anything to me about my losses. A few here and there who knew I was on the program would complement me and then suddenly it seemed that everyone noticed about the same time! I think it was when I had to get new clothes... when I started wearing clothes that fit me properly they could see the difference... Hang in there.. a lot people just don't pay much attention until its really obvious!!

Way to go! 1/3 of the way is awesome!

mars735
04-02-2014, 11:18 PM

Sorry if TMI...a common culprit IP is constipation. The colon can hold up to ~10 lbs. Hang in there!

AmberLS
04-02-2014, 11:36 PM

I was just thinking that today also! I'm in week 7 and I'm a little over 1/3 of the way to my goal... of course when I get there I may make a lower goal lol.

IPCali
04-03-2014, 02:42 AM

Hi ChipnDip,

I am looking into my crystal ball and I see: :wizard:

loads of people noticing your amazing personal accomplishment!

They are being a bit slow on the uptake right now........ :shrug:

:wizard: but my crystal ball is showing a tsunami of 'at-a-girls' and compliments...... rushing your way!

:congrat::cheer2::cheer3::cheer:
:bunny2::bunny2::bunny::bravo: