Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #1  
Queen of My Universe

S/C/G: 262

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello! New to the Forum, or really most forums

Looking for friends tips and support, as I try once again, but for the Last time to do that thing we are all here for.

I have had nuberous success in the past, with Body for Life, Atkins, Nutri-system, etc.
My most recent success was 2 years ago with Slow Carb 4-Hr body, but I quit doing it, so I'm going to try a few things differently this time, actively tell people, you all here, and people I know, to get support, to keep the Body-for-Life exercise protocols, The Beck Diet Solution and Subliminals to change the way I think..
So, that's it, I am going to try to post a couple of times a week, and more often than that if the going gets tough..
Thank-you for being here!
P.S., I adore conversattions, so if you'd like to have one, just say.

Patty
GreyerJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #2  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Welcome Patty!

Boy you are educated on what needs to be done to reach your weight loss goals! I have found this site to be the best for motivation, education and support with my weight loss journey.

I will share two things that have worked for me in the past. I drink one-half of my body weight in water each day up to 100 ounces max (as directed by my doc.) I also exercised religiously. I did find that if you don't find an exercise you like, most likely, you won't stick to it.

I look forward to following your journey with you and am here for you should you need an ear to listen.

Blessings, Firegirl
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #3  
Queen of My Universe

Thanks, firegirl!
I am a librarian, so research is almost an occupational hazzard... I research more than I get around to.
Your tips are very useful, thanks!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/185/145

Height: 5"2

Default Jayne G

Hi Jane, I found u as we have the same name (spelling different) but I am starting this tomorrow so I really need a friend to go forward. How long have you been on this program and how do you like it?
Jayne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #5  

would love to hear about your progress and when u started.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #6  

Default Newcomer

Hi Everyone, I am starting this program tomorrow. I love this website as I have read some of the post and I hope to do well. I want to do it for me. I have been overweight for some time and I feel terrible so I hope with my determination and friends like you I can do it!!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/268/120

Height: 5'7

Hi! I'm new too.
fatchicslim726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #8  
Queen of My Universe

Do you mean 4-hr Body/Slow Carb? I have done it once before, and lost about 40 lbs 2 years ago.. It works really well, I just quit doing it..
My favorites are the cheat day, because I can be very finiky careful about what I eat for 6 days, as long as I can cheat on the 7th.... I had done body-For-life also in the past, which also has a cheat day...

So, at least I hope to learn from my diet quitting mistakes- I personally need a cheat day, lots of protein, lots of vegetables, and lots of exercise..I'll eat beans, since they are part of the plan and I know they work..I can eat until I am pleasantly full, and not have to portion count, or carb count, and still lose weight..
Depends on what you need in a diet..
for ex.. I tried being vegetarian at various times, but found it too difficult for me to get enough protein, while not taking too much carbohydrates, but I know several people who make splendid vegetarians...
I think this is now officially my 11th day doing this..
I've lost about 12lb,but that is often water weight if you cut carbs.. I like that I can also not be distracted by carb cravings after a few days, even though I eat carbs on my cheat day..
I do like having people to talk to and be accountable to.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #9  

your doing great greyerjane, maybe its much too early for me but I don't feel like I'm loosing any weight but do feel much more alert.