Weight Watchers - April WW Chat

View Full Version : April WW Chat

DrivenByAmbition
04-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Welcome to a new month! Let's rock it! :carrot:

Serenity100
04-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for starting the new thread DBA:)

Yes, we are going to rock April! Warmer weather, sunny days, wanting to look good in the summer!

DrivenByAmbition
04-02-2014, 04:38 PM
It is very quiet around here, an no April fools jokes yesterday? Geeze, yay SPRING is here. Silence is a sign of that! hehe.

179.7 yay. I'm in the 170s and hope to not see 180s again!

Koshka
04-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Grats on the 170s. And, I'm with you about not seeing the 180s again.

DrivenByAmbition
04-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Grats on the 170s. And, I'm with you about not seeing the 180s again.

I hear you. I'm just ready to be 178ish so I don't feel like I can get back into that 180 territory.

PUPMOM5
04-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Yesterday, it rained a little and the world smelled like that rich earth smell that means Spring is here and it was magical.

Today, severe thunderstorms complete with flooding and hail. :( No bicycle riding for this girl.

Serenity100
04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Lost another lb. this week. I'm good with that!
Today we had a class trip to Pizza Uno and I had my first pizza since I started on Jan 1. Dayum, it tasted so good, and it wasn't even "real" NY pizza.;) It was a kid's make your own little pizza. They had the sauce and cheese right there in little measuring cups. Maybe a little more carbs then I would have liked, but the sauce and cheese was exactly 1/4 cup each. I counted it as 10 points but it was probably less.

The sun is finally shining, I walked to the post office when I got home, it felt great!

TTFN

DrivenByAmbition
04-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Ah I miss pizza, I mean I still have it, only with a gluten-free crust... Like cream cheese or the gluten free crust from mellow mushroom.

DrivenByAmbition
04-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Got 'glutened' at a restaurant last night. Man, I slept 8 hrs last night and woke up so sleepy, was about to fall asleep at work around 1. Came home and slept 4 hrs and am still tired.

Serenity100
04-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Got 'glutened' at a restaurant last night. Man, I slept 8 hrs last night and woke up so sleepy, was about to fall asleep at work around 1. Came home and slept 4 hrs and am still tired.
Man, that must be so difficult to deal with. Today I went through all my points quickly, but it didn't seem like I ate that much. I have to start making vegetables, I had gotten out of the habit when I go sick.

DrivenByAmbition
04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
I have been eating less veggies as well. I know it's not good for me, but I have been stretched to the max lately. Ready to get my rear back in gear.

MamaLu
04-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Aurgh! This week I have been sooo hungry. And I've felt like I've been out of control for most of it. I continued journaling my food through all of it...sometimes after the fact, but I wrote it down nonetheless. I just looked back over the week, and I've been OP every day. I would have guessed the opposite. As a matter of fact there have been several days where I've ended up leaving points uneaten. Wow. The scale was down this morning, so I'll take it and keep moving forward.

Now just get me to the weekend!

Serenity100
04-04-2014, 07:22 PM
I have really discovered roasting vegetables for the first time and I love them. I roast them with sprinkled parmesan cheese. I count the cheese points but no need for the veggies. I can eat that as my main meal. And once they are roasted you can simply reheat.

I was hungry for the first time last night, like in the middle of the night:dizzy: I think it was probably my anxiety more than anything, because in the past if I was anxious I would eat. But this time, I just let it pass and then managed to fall back to sleep 45 minutes later.

I have ten points left over and I'm going to drink two glasses of wine later. Cheers! I love WW for this very reason.

Koshka
04-04-2014, 08:16 PM
MamaLu - Sounds like you've done a lot of good stuff. You've tracked and you've stayed on program! Doesn't sound out of control at all.

As for me, I weighed in for a 1.4 pound loss which is great for me. Also, it puts me at just over halfway to my goal.

DrivenByAmbition
04-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Great loss, Koshka. Hope every had a great Friday!

KarinRose
04-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Great job everyone!

I have a question for the group. I will be traveling the week before Easter and all meals will need to be eaten out. I'm terrified about whether I'll be able to stay on plan. Do you have some ideas of how I can eat enough to satisfy without going over my points for this week? (Extra info, I will be traveling with someone who is not a dieter. We will be in NC). Thanks for any tips!

PUPMOM5
04-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Karin, I'm about to be traveling myself. I always pack healthy snacks (fruit, beef jerky, Fiber One bars) so that I never make mistakes due to being ravenous. I always try to plan where I'm going so I can look up the restaurant's menu and their nutritional info and plan. I want to always go in with a plan; I'm more likely to stick to it. If in doubt, I try to stick to things I know are safe: salads, chicken breast - lean protein and veggies. I never feel bad ordering off the menu or substituting, and every restaurant I go to is always pleasant about it.

I also know what I can eat for how many points at any fast food restaurant, so in a quick pinch, I can know what to eat to stay on plan.

Serenity100
04-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Happy Sunday :) It is a sunny day here, a little chilly. I'm going to bundle myself up and go to the beach for a nice walk. I can't be any better on the food front, but I can up my water, exercise and veggies. So that is what I'm working on during April.

Karin, you have done wonderful so far, just keep telling yourself that you have a goal and you won't self sabotage. Maybe consider limiting carbs and alcohol.

DrivenByAmbition
04-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Karin... Stick with chicken and veggies at restaurants for choice. Maybe even one day of red meat. It won't be bad... Just say no to bread basket. It gets easier. I have not other choice but to say no to bread basket, but I'm doing it for my health.

PUPMOM5
04-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't know about other WW'ers, but I usually keep my WP for a weekend "splurge" type meal (usually pizza) and am super strict all week. Nothing makes me more upset than when my "splurge" meal turns out horrible. :( I had a very bad experience trying a new restaurant today. Oh, well!

I've been super active all weekend (I earned 8 pts from my ActiveLink for this weekend alone) and I got to see the premiere of GoT AND the new Captain America movie!

DrivenByAmbition
04-06-2014, 11:37 PM
This weekend was too short and haven't ate that great... Guess the scale won't tell no tales tomorrow.

Osteengal
04-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Hi! I'm back on 3fatchicks, after a very long period. Is this a good thread to do? I am seeing that a lot of threads are completely dead--like no one has posted for a long, long time. What are some popular threads for WW on here? Ones that members are using currently???

Koshka
04-07-2014, 04:33 AM
For day to day chatting a lot of people post here. If I have a specific question, though, I would post that as a separate topic.

MamaLu
04-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Monday, Monday...cold, dreary and wet. Blah!

I had to pack my lunch in a hurry this morning, so I threw in a WW frozen meal instead of the pita sandwich I usually make. I'm craving the turkey pita! LOL I suppose I'll survive!

Serenity, I keep thinking I'll try my hand at roasting some veggies, but so far I haven't moved past the 'thinking' stage. Good job on letting the middle of the night 'hunger' pass.

Koshka, 1.4 lbs and halfway to goal! Wahoo! Congrats!

Karin, good luck on the traveling and staying on program. It is tough, but the others have given you some great pointers. Packing the snackies ahead of time is a good one--helps to avoid the 'think I'll grab something at the gas station while we're filling up' trap. I don't know why it is when I travel I always think I should grab some yummies from the gas station even when I'm not all that hungry. Enjoy your trip!

PupMom5, good job on the activity this weekend! I had a similar experience at a restaurant with a 'healthy' 22PP salad. I was so disappointed, as I could have eaten a nice steak and veggies for less points than that! Learn from it and move on, I guess.

OsteenGal, welcome back!

Serenity100
04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Happy Monday is over! Hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday I took a 3.4 mile walk along the boardwalk at Jones Beach. It was windy heading one way, but the return was a piece of cake.:broc:

I'm not sure if others are members of WW online. But they put up a BBQ cheat sheet:dizzy: OMG no wonder I need to lose weight. TWO little baby back ribs are 15 points! I think it is 40 something if you eat the portion that they serve in restaurants. Potato salad, macaroni and cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, yikes! But that was from a BBQ restaurant, I am sure we can find healthier versions to make at home.

Tonight I'm making chicken sausage and peppers. I'll look up the points and come back. On the BBQ restaurant page it said one 5 inch smoked sausage is 8 points. Not too bad, but most likely you will eat more than one sausage plus other stuff. ETA: My brand is Al Fresco chicken sausage and they only have 3 points each! They come in different varieties, tonight I'm having the spinach and feta type. They are marked gluten free.

Have a great evening.

DrivenByAmbition
04-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I snacked today when I got home and I don't know why... I wish I hadn't because my weight has not budged for like, 6 days :( Hope everyone is having a good work week.

Serenity100
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
I snacked today when I got home and I don't know why... I wish I hadn't because my weight has not budged for like, 6 days :( Hope everyone is having a good work week.

I forget, are you doing SF or points? Because with points I just eat less after the snack and it all evens out.

Serenity100
04-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Happy Hump Day! Had a fine WI 1.5 down, I lost 24 lbs since starting Jan. 1. Not too shabby. I am very pleased because I feel I can eat this way for the rest of my life. I have not eliminated any food groups. For me, its all about portion control and sensible eating.

Today I actually feel well enough to take a nice walk on a nice day! I ate an early dinner, going to get my sneakers on, and out of here.

ttfn.

DrivenByAmbition
04-09-2014, 11:13 PM
I forget, are you doing SF or points? Because with points I just eat less after the snack and it all evens out.

Simply Filling.

Serenity100
04-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Simply Filling.

Simply Filling is working great for you! If you are snacking on the allowed foods, you are being OP no matter what you are eating.

Serenity100
04-11-2014, 05:52 PM
This week I'm struggling a bit, and I realize its because I don't have the right foods in the house. Not one piece of fruit, not even unsweetened apple sauce. And I got sick of tuna, can't even stomach it. I have to start making some chicken breasts to cut up to take to work.

TGIF. Enjoy everyone!

DrivenByAmbition
04-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I've been in a routine and need to switch things up as well. Next week is another week!

waterdreamer
04-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Yes, tuna can be yummy but I am burned out on it at the moment. This week was a challenge to me also. I have a lot of good foods to choose from but, strangely, it has been an annoyance eating at my "usual" times. I find when I am tired i don't want breakfast. But then if I put off breakfast, my whole routine is shot and I tend to find myself snacky-hungry later in the day. I think I will research some new breakfast ideas!

Koshka
04-12-2014, 02:57 AM
I had a sort of annoying weigh in Friday. I was down .4 pounds but I had a great week. I walked several days and had a larger calorie deficit this week than I did last week (lost 1.4 pounds). I would have lost close to a pound but I woke up this morning to a 1/2 pound gain over Thursday.

Interestingly, the leader happened to mention today that eating popcorn can sometimes cause water retention and I did have popcorn Thursday night. So maybe it was that.

She also said that asparagus can help get rid of water retention so it can be good to eat the day before weigh in. I think I'll try that this next week.

myfavisblue
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Hi guys! Its been a long time since I posted here. And I miss y'all. Right now I am not in a good postion. WW wise. I slacked big time and gained like 25 lbs since June of last year. Yes very very bad. All those hardwork I have done since I joined WW went all down the drain. It took me forever to be at the 170s and in an instant now I am at 190s (again!!). I tried my hardest to get back on track but it's so hard. Lost all my momentum and stuff. As I said on my last post (around maybe nov/dec or so) I met someone and now of course he's my bf (met him June of last year) and from that day on my weight slowly creeped back up. I think being in love and happy is equal to weight gain. I know I know excuses excuses. :halfempty Its basically all my fault. I should have never slacked. Even being in love I should have maintained my weight or kept loosing. And for sure its the eating habit and I never slacked on working out.
BUT enough is enough :mad: Me and bf promised each other to lose weight. So we both enrolled at this gym together, we will embark in this journey together. And of course I will track track track this time. I know I should never loose hope and tomorrow is a new day and if I did it before I can do it again. So my goal is at least be at the 180s in June (10lbs in 2 months is not bad) But I really wanted like 10 lbs in 1 month so by June I will be at the 170s again but that's asking too much and I dont think my body can do that unless I was a crazy woman and starve myself and that's a no no. So yes I will do this again and with my bf motivationg each other I bet in no time I will be at the 170s again and hopefully reach my goal this time of 130-140 lbs. :)

I can do this. We can do this!!!!! Wish us luck! :goodluck:

Serenity100
04-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi Guys,
It is finally Spring here. Gorgeous weather and sunshine. Took a nice walk and stocked up on my foods.

Waterdreamer, I made some WW crepes with fresh strawberries. Delicious. Only 2 points each, so you can have 2 and only 4 points.

Koshka, water retention has always been a big problem of mine also. That is why I don't eat any of the frozen meals. It is very disheartening. Chin up! You are doing great. I do know that if I drink the minimum of 8 glasses of water per day every day, it is helpful.

Welcome back Blue.

:wave: Hi to everybody else. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

DrivenByAmbition
04-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Welcome back blue... You can do this.

Serenity100
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Keeping with the accountability these threads give us, I am going state now that Spring has finally sprung, I have no darn excuse not to get any activity in each day.:D Off for my walk I go.

What is your favorite method to earn activity points? Do you count your APs against your daily food points?

PUPMOM5
04-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Went to a trivia night with friends and definitely went totally out of control. But it's a new day, I'm reigned back in, drinking tons of water and moving on. That's what this is about, right?

I try not to eat my AP back. My gym recently got a rowing machine, and that thing is intense! I also struggle with running, which is a great way to burn calories and improve my lung function, and I'm loving my bicycle. I'd love to take a yoga class this summer!

waterdreamer
04-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Serenity100 thanks for the breakfast idea... that sounds delicious!

Favourite way to earn activity points is a nice walk along the beach. The weather has improved so now it is easy to retreat there for an hour on my day off. I can't wait to go biking! I used to love aquafit...I may get back into that. It was a lot of fun.

myfavisblue
04-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys for welcoming me back! That's why I love this forum because of all the support you give poeple like me. Thanks! :love:

Koshka
04-14-2014, 02:11 AM
Serenity100

I mostly walk for my Activity Points. I use a Fitbit so I measure all my steps and record APs based upon total daily steps (when I do that I have to walk 4000 steps before I start getting activity points for walking). I record my APs in my tracker online, but I don't usually eat them.

You have the choice of eating weekly points first or APs first. I eat weekly points first, but most week I have 15 to 20 weekly points left so I never get to the APs. There was a week a month or so ago where I ate all my weekly points and I think 1 of my APs. I felt fine about that.

If I was someone who didn't eat weekly points though I would probably instead eat all my APs.

On another note, I was at 173.8 on my home scale this morning which puts me at 29.8 BMI so putting me into the overweight range. Of course, that isn't my official weigh in but I was happy about it.

Serenity100
04-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Good Morning! I am fortunate to have vacation this week! Using this week to purge the clutter in my home. I am going to get rid of lots of clothes too. If they are too big now, they will be too big forever.:D

Have to bring hubby for a medical procedure this afternoon. Going to pack lots of water, and some snacks, because usually waiting around you get nervous and then there are those snack machines right in front of you.

Off for another walk. I think that makes it 4 days in a row! And peeking at the scale, my body is responding. Anyways, weight loss or not, movement is very important to keeping fit.

Have a great day!

DrivenByAmbition
04-14-2014, 12:06 PM
My break has gotten off to a bad start. Went to a store in town that had gluten-free items. They just didn't have much.

Serenity100
04-14-2014, 05:29 PM
My break has gotten off to a bad start. Went to a store in town that had gluten-free items. They just didn't have much.

That must be so frustrating. I notice that lately GF items are coming into the regular supermarket. Hopefully you will be able to shop for them easily someplace else.

seabiscuit
04-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Hi!

I'm thinking about rejoining WW, I'm not sure if I'll do online or meetings. I like the support from other WW members.

Take care!

Amy

DrivenByAmbition
04-14-2014, 08:33 PM
You won't regret it. It does hurt the bank account a little bit at times if you do meetings, but if you can hold yourself accountable, just go with online.

seabiscuit
04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks DrivenbyAmbition!

I am going to move soon and I am thinking about finding a meeting where I'll be. I had a great leader a few years ago, I really bonded and clicked with her, I actually reached my 10% Goal! I hope that I can do that again, I find that the meeting support can be good because it's nice to make friends, I feel much less alone with that.

Take care,

Amy

Serenity100
04-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks DrivenbyAmbition!

I am going to move soon and I am thinking about finding a meeting where I'll be. I had a great leader a few years ago, I really bonded and clicked with her, I actually reached my 10% Goal! I hope that I can do that again, I find that the meeting support can be good because it's nice to make friends, I feel much less alone with that.

Take care,

Amy

Hi Amy, you're right, if you find a great leader, it makes all the difference in the world. Years ago I became a lifetime member with a leader who was very motivating. I also have seen some meh-leaders. I think that if you have been to meetings, then WW online is much easier. I couldn't imagine doing it without having any background. So either way, it will work for you. If you are low on funds, I have to say the WW App is awesome to keep track of your points.

Either way, I hope you stick around here.

Koshka
04-14-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm a big believer in the in person meetings. It isn't so much that I learn anything new there. But, I find the weekly weigh in keeps me accountable and going to the meeting keeps me focused on weight loss. I know some people do great with the online only but I do better going to meetings....

On the Gluten Free, DH and I went Gluten Free for the month of December (we found out we weren't gluten sensitive). I knew our grocery store had an entire section of Gluten Free foods so I immediately checked it out. I was so disappointed when I found out that so much of it was nutritionally empty gluten free foods. Sigh.

DrivenByAmbition
04-14-2014, 10:22 PM
I stick mostly with meat and veggies, Koshka, but haven't delved into the world of gluten free bread. I know it tends to be high in calories... Just getting a little tired of the same meals and need to experiment in the kitchen. I'm going to have to follow this lifestyle the rest of my life, and feel like I'm getting a handle on it. My symptoms are subsiding little by little, and I am hoping that it keeps going that way.

I've been so paranoid because my symptoms have come up with cross-contamination 10 times as worse as before I went gluten-free. I also am sensitive to some gluten-free items that can label themselves gluten-free because it contains 20 parts per million (or some statistic like that)

Take care.

DrivenByAmbition
04-14-2014, 10:23 PM
I just noticed I am 15lbs away from goal once more... I'm so excited.

Koshka
04-14-2014, 10:49 PM
That's great on being so close to goal.

I didn't try any of the gluten free bread myself. DH tried some (I think it was made with rice flour) but he didn't like it. I did eat some corn tortillas while I was off gluten and used those for some things I might have normally used bread for. But my store has stuff like gluten free cookies and gluten free cakes and other junk food some of which is very high sugar. We avoided all that.

Serenity100
04-15-2014, 10:09 AM
DBA- you're rocking it girl!

Just read an inspiring article in our local paper about a gorgeous young lady who went from 295 to 145 using WW. She is an opera singer to boot, and she was only getting the "old maid" roles because she was overweight. This motivated her to lose the weight. It took her over two years, and she has kept it off for over five years. The best advice she received from her leader, and I think it applies to all of us was

It's not about will power. It's about want power. Figure out what you want and go for it.

Serenity100
04-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Here's what I am making for dinner tonight. Thought I would share since it is crust free, and only 2 points per serving. I am going to eat a double portion for dinner. Plus instead of soy cheese and soy milk, Ill use ff milk and cheese. Double check the points, but I think it is the same whatever kind of milk you use. Oh, yeah, I leave out the tarragon, don't care for it. lol p.s. I never made it before so if it falls apart, don't blame me. hahaha

WW Artichoke Quiche

1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium uncooked onion(s), red, thinly sliced
13 3/4 oz canned artichoke hearts without oil
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1 cup(s) regular plain soy milk
2 large egg(s), lightly beaten
2 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
3 oz regular soy cheese, grated mozzarella variety, divided (about 3/4 cup)
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350įF. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Boil 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and tarragon. Cook until artichokes are heated through, about 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together milk, eggs, egg whites, 1/2 cup of cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pie plate. Scatter onion mixture evenly over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.

To bake quiche, create a water bath: Set a large sheet pan with sides on a flat surface. Place pie plate on sheet pan. Pour hot water around pie plate so it goes 1/2 inch up sides of pie plate (do not get water on quiche). Carefully lift sheet pan to prevent splattering water and place in oven. Bake in water bath until quiche is set in center, about 45 minutes.

To remove pie plate from water bath, slide 2 large spatulas under pie plate and remove pie plate from oven (make sure to wear oven mitts). Leave sheet pan in oven so water can cool before removing pan from oven.

waterdreamer
04-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Serenity100 good idea to pack lots of water and snacks... whenever I am in medical surroundings I tend to get nervous too and forget all about that. Then the vending machine is all sold out of water and all that is left is pop :( One time a family member was in the hospital for about a week and we all lived off a well-known coffee shop's coffees and bagels..it was not good circumstances mind you. Overall I often wish there were more options readily available in those kinds of situations! I hope your husband is ok from his procedure.

Autumnjana
04-15-2014, 05:16 PM
I am just trying to respond as I am reading :) Welcome to all the new members. This is a great, supportive thread filled with beautiful people motivating and encouraging each other to keep pressing forward :)

Serenity - good for you for exercising. I found that exercise has been great in managing stress. Especially as you keep exercising and build muscle - you will notice that even if you miss a day that you will still lose weight.

As for myself I have been doing ok. I switched to weighing myself daily and it has helped tremendously with my mentality towards maintenance eating/exercising. Because I am aware of the scale on a daily basis, it stops be from overrating during stressful moments and helps me feel okay eating my activity points.

So, I am seeing more of the "reality" of the impact of eating and exercising in a way that weekly weigh one did not provide. Ill write and respond more a little later but wanted to throw out my encouragement and to say thanks to those who helped me in the last month when I felt so desperate. I might not have responded but I have been reading :)

DrivenByAmbition
04-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Autumn, I'm a daily weigher as well. I've tried not weighing daily, but it doesn't do much for me. I don't really get discouraged with gains, I just take it for what it is and reflect.

Autumnjana
04-16-2014, 07:16 AM
DrivenByAmbition,

Oh that's good to hear! I was always against daily weighing because I heard it could be discouraging. But it has been almost two weeks since I have started weighing myself daily and I feel more at peace with myself and my daily food decisions than ever. I still feel a little angry that I "can't" eat junk food like everyone else, but at least the desire to overeat and other related eating disorder activities hae subsided greatly.

I think it has something to do with the effect of immediately seeing the fruits of your labor - if I make good food choices one day, usually it is reflected on my weight the next morning.

Maintenance mode is really a whole other animal, I am finding. The intensity and excitement of losing weight week after week doesn't really go away and you kind of still have to deal with the feeling of intensity, except there is not a lot to direct it towards. Since weighing in daily, I have started redirecting my intense feelings into a different, more intense workout.

It feels fantastic to challenge my body and to take it to athletic levels I never knew I could accomplish before. So, that has been a positive :)

I am supposed to get my lifetime key charm in 1.5 weeks if everything goes to plan :)

Driven, congrats on being so close to your goal!!! You must be very excited.

Serenity100
04-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Good Morning!
Autumn and DBA, you both are an inspiration to us all!

Today was my WI and I lost 2.5! What? lol I think it was the exercising, because everything else was exactly the same. If that isn't a lesson for me to learn, I don't know what is.;)

I was getting all panicky because today I'm going out to lunch, then Sat., I have overnight guests, and then Easter Sunday. But this big loss has set my resolve to keep at it and not sabotage myself. It will just take lots of planning.

I suggest two very healthy restaurants to Mom and sis for lunch today. But nooooo, they said, wait for it, they don't like healthy and organic.:dizzy: So now we are going to Juniors Cheesecake. ugh. It's all good, I checked the menu and they have a 1/2 a sandwich with a salad special. I can make that work. Going to figure the points out now.

TTFN. Keep on doing it everyone!

Deelou
04-16-2014, 10:24 AM
I have a question before I sign up, just what does the simple start plan entail?

Serenity100
04-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I have a question before I sign up, just what does the simple start plan entail?

Simple start plan is for the first few weeks so you don't get overwhelmed. They give you a choice of meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack, to choose from. you also get 5 extra points a day to eat whatever you want, such as a glass of wine or a cookie. After you do simple start you can move onto the Simply Filling plan, or the tracking plan, whichever you feel is best for you.

Deelou
04-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Thank you, Serenity!

Koshka
04-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Serenity - Great weight loss!

Autumnjana - I also weigh myself every day. It helps me to see the normal daily fluctuations. Sometimes I will see the scale just abruptly go up a pound for no clear reason, but weighing daily I see how it then goes down as long as I stay on program. It is just reassuring to me to see how the scale responds to what I do.

DrivenByAmbition
04-16-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm sad that my break is near the end... And it hasn't been too relaxing. But that's alright! Hope everyone is having a good week.

Serenity100
04-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone! If you are on FB, you can follow Beck Diet Solution, and every day they post something very helpful and motivational. Since we have holidays and events coming up, I found this very appropriate for me. Plus, I can't give up my activity either.

Wednesday Sabotage: The scale is down so I can afford to loosen up.

Response: No I canít! The scale went down because of all the things Iíve been doing. The moment I stop doing them is the moment the scale goes back up.

Happy Thursday!

Serenity100
04-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Happy Friday! Yesterday I ate 8 points worth of junky food. Not going to do that again, not many points left to eat nutritious meals. Found this posted at BDS on FB. Very appropriate for the holidays. Plus I will have overnight guests and having Easter dinner at my home.
While it’s true that when you’re working on losing weight, there may be a lot of food you’re not having (at least, not in big quantities), there is still lots of food you ARE having. If you’re feeling deprived, ask yourself: Am I focusing too much on what I can’t have, instead of what I can? (from BDS on FB)

Here's today's
Friday Weekend Warm-up: If you have holiday meals coming up this weekend and think, “It’s not fair I can’t eat normally during the holiday,” remind yourself, “Actually, I AM eating normally for someone with my weight loss goals. And while it may be unfair I can’t eat all the food I want, it would be MUCH more unfair if I couldn’t experience the countless benefits of weight loss.”

:bunny2::egg:

momof2sons
04-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Serenity- Thanks for bringing that Beck Diet Solution page to my attention. Those types of quotes are exactly what I need to stay motivated this weekend! I am hosting 30 people for Easter Dinner, and the hardest part is going to be resisting the Orange Cream Cake I am baking. I also follow a group on FB called "Weight Watchers...One day at a time!" There are many posts with questions and WI results etc... I just find it really helpful to see so many people out there with the same goals that I have.

I wish you all happy Easter weekend! I will be off the whole week and plan to paint my kitchen :) I LOVE home improvement projects!!

waterdreamer
04-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the motivational quotes, I love reading positive stuff. I can relate to so many people's experiences. Re: Eating and The Holidays. I visited with some friends for Easter Brunch (its an early dinner) and its amazing how after being on WW for 4 months my tastes have changed. For example, I drank water the whole time not cola. I did reserve enough pts to indulge in a tiny piece of bday cake..but here is the really funny thing. I found it way too sweet; I scraped off all the icing.. tried to finish it.. I couldn't. I looked around the table very self consciously that someone would see me scraping into the garbage but ha! No one cared. I had dreaded this entire holiday because of chocolate temptations and constant yummy foods surrounding me. But instead, it all turned out to be a triumph that I am finally at a point where I have some control in my choices.

Koshka
04-18-2014, 08:25 PM
I weighed in today down 1.2 pounds putting me in normal weight BMI on my official weigh in. My personal goal was to do that before my birthday, which is next Friday, so I was happy.

We went out to Red Lobster for lunch and I thought about getting the 4 course feast which comes with a dessert, but with my birthday coming up I decided to get salmon and snow crab legs (with 2 biscuits though) instead. It was 20 points so I was happy with it.

DH got a 5 pound star today and has lost 71 pounds. He is only .8 away from goal and he hopes to get there this week (so I imagine he will also be eating real carefully this week).

seabiscuit
04-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Koshka,

Congratulations on yours and your husbands successes, that's so inspiring, way to go!

I'm considering rejoining WW online, I think I may but I'm having a hard time getting over the anxiety of the scale. I definitely have issues with scales, ugh!!!

Take care, thanks.

Amy

Autumnjana
04-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Serenity - Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing the BDS book to my attention. First, the quotes are very timely for this time of year and highlights the struggles of our inner dialogues as we fight the urge to overeat. I had read a few threads on the BDS sub forum here on 3FC and at the time thought I should read the book. So today I went out an bought it. I think that it will help me overcome my tendency to overeat/undereat.

Koshka - congratulations on your weight loss! You must feel so proud. I'm proud of you myself :)

Thank you for your insights on daily weigh ins. Today I "confessed" to my leader and the lady who weighs me every week that I have been weighing myself daily. They have known me for over a year and understand I went through a lot of turmoil the first six weeks of maintenance. So they were happy that I am finally more at ease with the whole process and the "greyness" of it. They weren't disapproving of my new habit of weighing in daily, they thought in time I will gain a sense of trust in myself and not need to weigh daily and understood that for now it is a helpful practice.

So, next Saturday is likely when I'll get my lifetime membership!!! I am 0.2 pounds below my goal weight range so I do have to gain a tiny bit this week. But not really a whole lot; it's achievable. I'm excited to save money, to get my "key" charm, to get my lifetime access to free etools, and that ill have achieved a huge milestone. I already reached my goal weight and now I'm achieving my maintenance goal which has been hard-won. So I'm happy about that :)

I will respond more tomorrow to others' posts; just wanted to touch base this evening an wish everyone well and give everyone an update.

Serenity100
04-20-2014, 09:54 PM
So, Sat. and Sun. I didn't do too poorly, but I could have done better. Especially on Sat. when I had two slices of pizza instead of the one I had planned having.:o
That's what happens when you are tired and stressed and miss pizza. lol

But tomorrow, Monday it is back on track for me. Found this from Becks

Monday Motivation: If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say "Well, I've blown it!" and throw yourself down the rest of the stairs? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled this weekend, immediately pick yourself back up and start eating in a healthy way again.

yep, I stumbled a little, not a whole lot, considering, but I will be right at it on Monday and continuing.

PUPMOM5
04-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Koshka and Autumnja, congrats! What awesome motivation you guys are!

I'm back from my conference trip to Chicago - where I ate quite a bit, but tried to make smart choices when I could. I also ate a lot today at the in-laws' family Easter - then my Dad called and said he was thinking of coming to visit for the 4th of July and have a family float trip. This is fantastic because I've dreamed of the day my Dad would see my WL (He last saw me 110+ lbs ago!) and I now have a goal to work towards. 19lbs in 11 weeks will be incredibly hard, and I might not even get there, but I am going to work my butt off!!

Koshka
04-21-2014, 01:14 AM
Autumnjana - That all sounds great and it sounds like you will lifetime very soon. And, I'm sure you'll be much smarter about it than I was way back when!

Pupmoms - That is some great motivation for you. Don't stress too much about losing 19 pounds in 11 weeks. If you do it fine, but really even if you didn't lose a pound in that time you've had tremendous success and have so much to be proud of.

On Beck Diet Solution - I read that book and did find it helpful. It was very, very good on the mental aspects of losing weight.

Another book that I've recently found helpful is Diet Fix by Yoni Freedhoff. I've followed his blog for awhile and I'm really enjoying his book which is very much about finding a way of eating that you can be happy with even if weight loss is a little slower.

Serenity100
04-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Pupmom- Losing more than 100 lbs is an awesome achievement! Don't beat yourself up if you can't get the less than 20 remaining off in time.

I'm doing fine today. Have an unpleasant appointment tomorrow but such is life.;)
Take care all.

logstin7
04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Hello.
I am new to WW. I am doing WW online. Please let me know what u buy at the store to snack on or any other tips you can give me.

Thanks

Serenity100
04-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Hello.
I am new to WW. I am doing WW online. Please let me know what u buy at the store to snack on or any other tips you can give me.

Thanks

Hi are you doing the Simple Start? There are specific foods that you should get. But, fruit is zero points and you should eat two servings at least per day. Strawberries, blue berries, blackberries, applies, cantaloupe, pears are all good. You are allowed bananas too but don't eat too many per week, they are higher in calories and sugar.

WW String cheese is one of my favorite snacks, only 1 point. I like the jalepeno type.

The Dannon or Chobani low fat Greek yogurt either 80 or 100 cals. is a 2 point snack.

Serenity100
04-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi guys. The day started on a downward trend. First I weighed myself, noticed that I was up 2 lbs, not official yet. I'm kind of mad, but on the other hand, I know its mostly sodium and I enjoyed my holiday without going overboard, honestly. What's the sense of living if you can't celebrate some traditions?

Then off to my appointment. Long story short, I know understand how folks can go postal and go crazy when dealing with a federal government office. But, through the grace of a higher power, things turned around 180 degrees and it all worked out.:angel:

Going for a walk now and moving ahead. . . .

Hope everyone is hanging in there.

PUPMOM5
04-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the support, guys! It sucks when you get to an impressive number - like 100lbs lost - but you're still overweight. :-/ But no one should ever dismiss (or not celebrate) any victory!

Beautiful weather today and, although I have plenty of work to do, I think I might skip out for a nice bike ride or a lengthy gym visit.

Serenity100
04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
So my official WI up 1.5 lbs. Not getting hysterical over it, like I said, I didn't go crazy, just had some more carbs/calories than I normally do. Hopefully it will all be gone by next WI. But, I learned that with other events coming up, if I want to get the weight off, I need to remain vigilant or it is gonna take forever.

Have a great day!

Serenity100
04-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Noticing the scale is still going down. That a good sign.:)

When I get home from work I am tired and hungry, have to figure out how to turn that around.

Going out for a walk now even though it is windy as all heck. But no more excuses. It is almost May for Pete's sake.

Thanks for listening. Hope all is well.

Koshka
04-24-2014, 07:26 PM
I weigh in tomorrow and hope to have a loss but this week hasn't been showing much loss on the scale so we'll see. If you are tired and hungry when you get home from work is there any possibility of a mid-afternoon snack or even one that you could eat on the way home? Getting hungry is just deadly for me.

PUPMOM5
04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Hungry is deadly for me too. I try to have 2 cups of fresh berries and a ton of water after work to keep me full so I don't make bad choices.

Deelou
04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
I went into meeting today to join and get materials and then do WW online. But there was a special for two months for price of one so signed up. Loved the meeting simple start looks good.....but when I got the email to sign in the frustration started. I have to sign in to be able to get apps and to be able to let them know if I want to stop charging me for monthly plan. The gal at meeting told me which number was password. Well after " chatting with ." 2 guys who each gave me directions different from her and none of them working and a auto voice saying the wait was long on phone I still cannot get signed up!! I just kind of wish I never did this.....I am planning on going to the center tomorrow and see if they can fix it or let me use their wifi and phone to fix it. has anyone else had this problem?

Serenity100
04-25-2014, 05:20 PM
I weigh in tomorrow and hope to have a loss but this week hasn't been showing much loss on the scale so we'll see. If you are tired and hungry when you get home from work is there any possibility of a mid-afternoon snack or even one that you could eat on the way home? Getting hungry is just deadly for me.

Yes, I have actually been tracking a snack in advance for when I get home from work. 1 hard boiled egg and a piece of string cheese. For tiredness I have a cup of coffee. Don't forget I'm a teacher so I get home around 3:30-4:00. I try to drink enough water but then I have to figure out bathroom logistics also, so I can't over do it. :D

I really have lost most of my cravings, except for when I wanted the sugar rush of the jelly beans, but hubby made sure I didn't get any. Other than that I am really amazed how I really don't have any cravings. I think it is because I know I can have anything if I really want it. To a whacko like me it makes all the difference.:dizzy:

Friday is my shot of vodka 4 points day! Cheers! and enjoy the weekend all!

Koshka
04-26-2014, 12:28 AM
Deelou - That does sound frustrating. Hopefully, they can get it straightened out.

Serenity - Yes I remembered you were a teacher so hoped you had an opportunity for a snack.

Today - This was a good day. I weighed in for a 1 pound loss so that was good. It was a great day for DH since he reached goal today having lost 73.2 pounds. I'm going to do a post about him tomorrow on my blog since he has done so great.

It was my birthday. I planned what I would eat and decided to eat anything I wanted but only if I loved it. I went to Carrabba's and had a great meal. We shared a chocolate dessert among 4 of us so it went great. There was a side I ended up not loving so I only had about 40% of it.

It was a lot of points - I've eaten 42 points today (about 1550 calories) but it is the start of my WW week so I have plenty of weekly points.

PUPMOM5
04-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Happy birthday, Koshka!!

I'm not typically a yogurt person, but I've started trying the Yoplait Light flavors because they're 2 pts each and it's a breakfast I can grab and go. I have to tell you, I'm loving them! Some of them are going to be an acquired taste but aren't awful. The Boston Creme Pie and Black Forest Cake were really, really good!

I have to take a break from working on my scholarship to attend the Department picnic today. They're serving fried chicken, so my plan is to go for the first hour to socialize and then cut out and eat lunch elsewhere (like home!) We're supposed to bring something. My go-to is fruit, then I have something to pick at and the other people who eat healthy usually appreciate it.

What are your weekend plans?

Serenity100
04-26-2014, 11:56 AM
:bday2:Koshka! Glad you were able to enjoy.

Going to my nephew's Communion party at a local Italian restaurant, the choices aren't that great WW wise. The old me would have loved a nice veal parmesan. lol

I looked at the menu and the best I could find is pasta with broccoli, I will eat a cup worth of the pasta and either leave it there or bring it home.

Enjoy your day!

Serenity100
04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Happy Sunday! I realize that sometimes I focus so much on the scale, and for good reason, if I don't I just live in lala land concerning my weight. BUT, sometimes your body and brain are making changes that can't be measured by the scale. Have you had any NSVs lately? I have had a bunch, but here are two from yesterday and today.

1. At my nephew's communion party, when they passed out the whipped cream/oreo cake, I asked for a container to wrap it up and take it home without eating one bite.:D

2. Since Christmas, I went from wearing a size 16W to a size 14 jeans, and the jeans aren't tight.

When WI days come that I don't see the results I want, I am going to think of all the NSVs I have achieved that week.

PUPMOM5
04-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Serenity, speaking of NSV! Yesterday, we were in a car accident (just our car, something broke with the part that attaches to the wheel I guess because the metal frame thing was on the ground - I'm not a car person; we're fine but obvs the car is NOT) and ended up stuck for an hour with 2 dozen adorable cupcakes. I am usually a stress eater for sure, but not only did I not have a single one, but I gave them away to the auto body shop (we were clearly not making the picnic at that point.)

I have been hitting all my healthy checks, especially the fruit and veggies (but let's be real, I'm doing like 3-4 servings of fruits and 1-2 of veggies.) I'm pretty proud of that!

I can see the top part of my tummy getting smaller, so that's awesome! Thinking of NSV each week is a great way to pull ourselves away from the scale!

Deelou
04-27-2014, 02:28 PM
NSV's define please!

Koshka
04-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Non-scale victory -- Something that is a victory (like going down a size or two or eating well in a stressful situation) that has nothing to do with the number on the scale. Of course, we almost all eventually want the number on the scale to change but sometimes there is a lot of progress that is not yet reflected on the scale.

Serenity100
04-28-2014, 05:13 PM
I really believe that NSVs are as important as scale victories because that is going to keep us going in the long haul. Pupmom you are so close to goal so staying tight to plan is what is going to get you there.:)

I just put stuffed artichokes in the recipe builder, we made them very light, not like Nonna, and they came out 4 points each. yay! I'm having that with a boca burger on a light English muffin. 5 points there. Im not doing Simply filling, so next time I going with the 3 point boca burgers. Im not crazy about the original vegan 2 pointers. But I have extra points to spare so I am going to add 1/3 cup shredded WW Mexican cheddar 2 points (that stuff is great, look for it)

Off for a walk now, a lovely Spring day. Enjoy your evening.

Serenity100
04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
This place is quiet lately, hope all is well. I don't mind talking to myself though, so I'll just carry on.:D

Another NSV, today a Dove chocolate Easter egg turned up in my classroom. I had forgotten that another teacher gave it to me weeks ago. I wanted to pop that baby into my mouth so bad, because the moment I found it the kiddos were going a little cray cray. But instead, I just stuck it in a basket under a pile of papers. And yesterday I turned down some cake from a fancy bakery.

Hang in there folks.

PUPMOM5
04-29-2014, 05:31 PM
I just finished the last paper of the semester for me - I go in tonight to hand it in. Now, I have to comment on my student papers for conferences tomorrow. They're also working on their final papers, due at the end of the week. So close to done!

I have gotten NO exercise due to being chained to the desk, but I hope to give my ActiveLink something to track soon. We've been having some thunderstorms (complete with hail!) out here but maybe the weather will give me a break and I can ride my bike tomorrow.

Serenity100
04-30-2014, 07:49 AM
Exercise and vegetables really help me. Going to try to up that this week.

WI ok, but the scale showed a two pound loss for the last two days and then today WI, only one:devil: Sigh. but watchca gonna do? :)

Koshka
04-30-2014, 03:46 PM
I hate it when that happens Serenity. But usually that loss will show up again next week.

I've been doing OK this week but not much loss showing on my daily weighing at home. Last Friday was a high point day (my birthday) but I've done fine since then so not sure what is going on.

Had an MRI yesterday to try to get some more information about my knee pain but won't get results until late next week.

PUPMOM5
04-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Serenity, when that happens, I just tell myself that my loss the next week will look that much more impressive to me.

My body is finally letting go of weight it's been holding on to lately because of weird hormonal fluctuations, which is so nice. Less stress on my end, I wish the weather wasn't so cold today. Tonight, I'm going to give the house and dogs a good scrubbing. Tomorrow, back to the gym!

Deelou
05-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I am so fighting wanting something sweet....already had pineapple and applesauce....emotional eating, fighting it......