Fitness Videos - April 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

Diana3271
04-01-2014, 08:11 AM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

fitluv
04-01-2014, 01:42 PM
I am in on this one. I am going to do the firm express starting to day it is only 3 days so I am going to add some more cardio/stretching in. I am thinking Turbo Jam, Turbo and Turbo fire. I will be working out 5 days a week.

teacher1
04-01-2014, 08:17 PM
fitluv- welcome!!! I've done both turbo jam and fire and love them both. I'm all over the place with my workouts :)

Diana- how's the hip? Did the heating pad help? I use the heating pad for 15 min before my stretches everyday. I think the heat really helps.

today- elip 45 min & ddp yoga energy

Diana3271
04-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In:
TF Fire 45 EZ
TJ Ab Jam standing section

I kept the TF low impact because of my hip. This morning I did some of the hip stretches from the DVD last night.

fitluv Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome: I also enjoy both TF and TF. Good stuff!

Teacher The hip is still tender. It's in the back, left buttock , lower back area. I am going to do a Rodney Yee Back Yoga workout tonight. Hopefully the extra stretching will work. I also took a couple Aleve this morning to help reduce the inflammation. I'm not sure if the heat helped any, but I prefer heat over cold. I am always cold from being hypothyroid. My meds have been off for probably 1 1/2 years now. Hopefully when I go back to the Dr things will be better regulated.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
04-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Rodney Yee's Back Care Yoga (I did the first section)

Have a great day!

fitluv
04-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Check in

Last night D1 Firm's Sculpt it moved fast. I am sore in places I'm usually not like shoulders and outer thighs. Am going to do some HIIT tonight or Booty Scuplt plus abs.

Diana3271
04-02-2014, 11:37 PM

Check-In: KCM's Circuit Burn (complete program premix, weights w/8's boxing w/1's)

fitluv Sounds like you have DOMS. Get some extra stretching in.

Teacher & Laura Hi :wave:

Have a great evening.

teacher1
04-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Subbed today again....it's been a busy week!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Anyone have plans for the weekend? Like usual I try to do as little as possible. :D

Check-In:
KCM's Plateau Buster Cardio Mix Premix
Kathy Smith Tummy Trimmers (standing section)

Teacher Good job on the elliptical!

Diana3271
04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

Last night I added on:
Rodney Yee's Back Care Yoga (a section from this workout)
Relaxation Body Scan from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Diana3271
04-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi Everyone! How about another :woohoo: for Friday? :lol:

Check-In: KCM's Circuit Burn - Combined workouts premix - weights w/8's and boxing w/1's

teacher1
04-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi ladies!!!

today- TF Fire 55EZ

Diana3271
04-05-2014, 09:16 AM

Last night I added on: Lower Back Tension from Yoga for Stress Relief

Our friend Danny passed away early this morning. I am glad he is no longer suffering. It has been a long, hard fight for him. I have had a difficult time with his Cancer diagnoses/treatments. It has felt like, to some degree, that I was reliving what I went through with both of my parents.

Teacher Great job on the Turbo Fire.

Enjoy your day.

teacher1
04-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Diana- I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Danny is in a better place now. Praying for you and his family.

today- Turbo Jam sculpt & 20 min, DDP yoga fat burner

Diana3271
04-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

DH went hunting early this morning. He called late morning to check in and I told him about Danny. He went back out hunting but decided to come home early. I was out grocery shopping etc, when he called about coming home. I came home early to cook dinner, etc so I didn't get a workout in. I'll make it a rest day.

Teacher I agree. He went through a lot. Thank you for the support. Great job on your workouts.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
04-06-2014, 09:20 AM

Last night I added on:
Strong Knees - Lower body stretch section
Legs Up the Wall Yoga Pose while listening to mountain stream CD 10 Minutes

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi ladies!!!

today- elip 45 min

Diana3271
04-06-2014, 10:04 PM

Check-In:
Gilad Maximum Abs w/#5
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio workout

I think I will have DOMS somewhere tomorrow.

Teacher Great job on the elliptical!

Waving Hi all around!

Diana3271
04-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Last night I added on: Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
The Power of Letting Go from Gael Chiarella's Meditations for Emotional Freedom

Have a good Monday and start to your week.

fitluv
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Check in

4/2- Firm express cardio
4/3 Turbo jam ab jam
4/4 Firm express cardio sculpt
4/5 Off
4/6 Prevention kick start your metabolism sculpt
No workout tonite but I will be walking to class from work and from class to the train in total that is about 2.5 miles

teacher1
04-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Hi ladies!!!

today- ymca muscle pump 1 hour

TurboLaura
04-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Hi ladies!

Sorry for being a stinker :( and not posting for a while. Back being consistent with Turbo Fire - it's so me!!

How are you Teacher and Diana?
Hi fitluv!

Today: Turbo Fire, Fire 30

Diana3271
04-07-2014, 10:35 PM

Something funny about Cody going in to be weighed today. I have been getting him weighed every month so we get the right heartworm/flea meds.: The office person called for a tech to come get Cody for his weigh in. She used his name and called over the intercom. I told her that she made a mistake by saying it was Cody because no one would come and they were skeered of him. I was waiting for a few minutes but not long. She looked up again and asked if Cody had already gotten weighed. I told her no and again that I thought they were skeered of him and wouldn't come out since she said his name. A tech finally came out to get Cody. I told her that she was the only brave soul back there and everyone else were skeered of Cody. She laughed and agreed that she was brave. At that time she took Cody's leash and proceeded to walk him to the back while he did aerial stunts and acrobatics.

Check-In: KCM's Circuit Burn - combined workouts premix - weights w/#8's and boxing w/#1's

Teacher You are hitting those workouts hard again! :carrot:

fitluv Great job keeping up with those workouts!

Laura Welcome back. It's good to see you. Gotta love TF! How is your pet food donation drive going?

Diana3271
04-08-2014, 08:43 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1
04-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Laura- no problem!!! I had been really struggling with food but I've doing good this week. It's a roller coaster! Way to get back on track!!!

Diana- oh Cody :) I hate vet visits. My dogs always are embarrassing me. I have been increasing my workouts but last night my hip was killing me :( So I backed off a little today and it feels better. I hate my hip! Such a pain.

fitluv- hi

today- ymca 1 hour inter yoga

Diana3271
04-08-2014, 11:11 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45

I didn't have time to add on my ab workout. We had several people pick up trucks during my workout time.

Teacher I was wondering how your hip was doing. It's a fine line trying to find workouts that are fun but don't cause problems.

Waving Hi all around!

Diana3271
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM

Last night I added on: Restful & Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Have a great day!

teacher1
04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Diana- the hip was much better after yoga yesterday but it might be sore tonight after today's workout

today- ymca 1 hour zumba

Diana3271
04-09-2014, 10:26 PM

I took a rest day. We had to close a little early to get ready for Danny's wake. DH will open the shop for a few hours tomorrow. I won't go in. I will stay home to get our clothes ready for the funeral. Tomorrow will be a rest day, too.

Enjoy your evening.

TurboLaura
04-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Hi ladies!!

Thanks for the welcome back!
Yesterday: Fire 45
Today: Hiit 15 and TJ Ab Jam (standing portion)

Loving TF again :)

Diana - love the Cody stories....our boys can do weird things at thevet. Namely, Sidney always poops. ALWAYS. He gets a bit nervous and boom, there it is. Rudy will bark like a beast but then just stand there and let them do anything! The pet food drive is continuing very well!! We do 2-3 deliveries of pet food a month.

Teacher- hello! Hope that you're well! Are you working a lot this month?

Diana3271
04-10-2014, 08:42 AM

Last night I did: Qigong Stress Relief from 5 Day Fit Chi

Today will be another rest day from my regular workouts.

Enjoy your day.

teacher1
04-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Laura- that's great news about your pet food donations. I've been doing good with working out... my eating is still a struggle

Diana- I'm so sorry about Danny but maybe after the funeral you'll feel more at peace.

today- ymca inter yoga 1 hour

Diana3271
04-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

I didn't workout yesterday nor did I do any yoga last night. The day was just too exhausting. The service was beautiful, though.

Teacher I am hoping that I will feel less stressed over things. It's so hard watching someone close to you go through all of that all over again. There was a lady there who is a close friend of the family. She lost her DH a year ago. They had traveled all over the US trying to find a cure for his cancer. I have known her through this family and since her DH's ordeal She has had a rough time dealing with all of it too. As we were leaving the Chapel, she was in the corner of the room sobbing frantically. The only people who knew her there were immediate family members (they were in the limo) and us. I went to console her so she could get through all of it. So anyways, hopefully all of this is over for now and none of us have to relive it again any time soon.

Already feeling positive and less edgy today.

Waving Hi all around! Have a beautiful Friday and start to your weekend.

teacher1
04-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi ladies!!! Have a great weekend!

Diana- I'm glad you're getting so peace now.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi ladies,

Diana - sending sincere condolences to you and your husband. This must be a tough time. Sometimes there just aren't words but know that we are here for you. :hug:

Teacher - how are you today?

Today I had a great workout with some friends at school, Fire 30. Love being back to TF.

Diana3271
04-11-2014, 11:07 PM

Check-In: KCM's Circuit Burn - Combined workouts premix - 8's for weights and 1's for boxing

Thank you for all the support. :hug:

Teacher Good job on the elliptical!

Laura I think TF with a group of ladies would be fun!

Enjoy your evening! Rest well!

Diana3271
04-12-2014, 10:09 AM

Last night I added on: Qigong Detox from 5 Day Fit Chi

I think I went to sleep around 11:30 last night and I got up at 8:30 this morning. It felt good to sleep in.

Have a great day!

teacher1
04-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- sleeping in is great :)

Laura- good thanks!!! Working out with buddies is always better

My parents are on a trip until Mon night so I have my brother and their dog here. It's a super busy weekend.

today- nothing

Diana3271
04-12-2014, 09:56 PM

Check-In: Gilad's Maximum Abs w/#5

Teacher What are your plans for keeping your little brother busy? Does their dog get along with yours?

Laura I hope today was a good one for you.

Diana3271
04-13-2014, 10:34 AM

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic - the extended PM version

Have a wonderful day!

teacher1
04-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- the dogs get along pretty good. As long as my little girl can boss around the boys. My brother has a busy schedule...tennis tournament Fri and one Mon, a birthday party last night, and baseball practice today.

today- nothing

Diana3271
04-13-2014, 09:30 PM

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - Plateau Challenge Premix w/#5's

Teacher Wow! You are going to be busy. Have fun.

Waving Hi all around!

Diana3271
04-14-2014, 08:18 AM

Last night I added on:
Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
10 Minutes of Legs Up the Wall Yoga Pose while listening to mountain stream CD

Have a great start to your week.

teacher1
04-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Hi ladies!!!!

Woke up to snow!!! So crazy in April. It's already melted :) Last day watching my brother.

today- no formal workout... cleaned the house

Diana3271
04-14-2014, 07:41 PM

Check-In: KCM's Circuit Burn - 30 Minute Total Body Premix w/8's for weights and 1's for boxing

This premix is the shortened version of the whole workout combined. This is a great option when you are short on time. I am trying to play catch up at work since I was out 1 1/2 days last week.

Teacher We were *80+ today. I wish I could send some warm temps your way.

Laura Hi :wave:

Diana3271
04-15-2014, 09:31 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ

Teacher How did it feel to have your house back? :D

Laura Hi :wave:

teacher1
04-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- it feels great to be back to normal :)

I subbed today and we had a field trip to the zoo. Fun times!!!

today- no formal workout- lots of walking

Diana3271
04-16-2014, 08:42 AM

Last night I added on:
Lee Holden's 7 Minute of Magic PM
Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Have a great day!

Diana3271
04-16-2014, 05:33 PM

I have a hair appointment, so this will be a quick post.

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - Combined Workouts premix w/8's

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
04-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- I hope you had a great hair appointment.

Another day subbing and tomorrow. They're keeping me busy!

today- elip 30 min

teacher1
04-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Subbed again today... it's been a busy week!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ

Teacher I got about 1 1/2 inches cut off my hair. I went through a major growth spurt. I like it a lot better now. When I left for my appointment yesterday, I left Cody on his leash attached to my desk. DH said he would be right back in there. RIGHT! When he came to the hair appointment, he had what was left of my reading glasses in an envelope. Cody ate them! There was no glass, so I guess he crunched that up too. :( He is still alive and shows no signs of problems. I probably should have taken him to the Vet, but I don't know that they could do anything. I probably already look like a bad Mama to them with everything he has already done/gone through.

Diana3271
04-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

I am in serious need of a weekend! I hope you enjoy yours!

Last night I added on: 10 Minute PM De-stressor from Rodney Yee's Yoga Now

Have a wonderful day!

Diana3271
04-18-2014, 05:11 PM

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - combined workouts premix w/8's

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
04-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Diana- how's Cody feeling? Bruiser always is getting into things and eating them :(

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Saturday!

We have been having bad weather, here, since yesterday. I think we have already gotten 3 inches of rain. The forecast calls for more rain today.

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Teacher Cody seems fine. I have always worried excessively over things. I am trying to take a more laid back approach, while keeping him out of things, LOL. I am hoping he will grow out of this crazy stage. He literally walks in a room and starts looking around. He is looking for something that he can easily get into. Crazy dog!

Have a wonderful day!

teacher1
04-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Hi ladies!!

Diana- yikes, that's a lot of rain. The next couple of days here show rain.

Anyone have fun Easter plans? I'm heading to my family's house for the day with the dogs.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-19-2014, 11:10 PM

Check-In:
KCM's TLC - Kelly's Mix Premix w/#1's
Jackie Warner's Crunchless Xtreme Abs (standing)

Teacher I hope your Easter celebrations are fun. I bought a pair of rain boots today, to keep in my car. I had water up to my ankles. I had to put my shoes in front of a fan to dry them out.

Waving Hi all around. Enjoy your evening and Happy Easter!

Diana3271
04-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Easter! :easter2: I hope you have a wonderful day!

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic PM Extended version

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
04-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi ladies :carrot:
HAPPY EASTER!!!
:easter3::bunny2::easter:

today- no workout... heading to my parent's house

Everyone have a great day!

Diana3271
04-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing

Teacher Have fun!

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening and have a great start to the new week.

Diana3271
04-21-2014, 09:06 AM

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great Monday and start to your week!

Diana3271
04-21-2014, 06:00 PM

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - combined workouts premix w/8's

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
04-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi ladies!!!

today- elip 45 min

Diana3271
04-22-2014, 08:05 AM

Last night I added on: Soothe and Stretch and Mountain Meditation from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief

Teacher Are you still doing the DDP yoga program?

Have a great day!

Diana3271
04-22-2014, 06:09 PM

Check-In:
KCM's Total Body Kickbox - combined workouts premix - workout 1 w/#1 hand weights workout 2 w/#2 hand weights
Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners (standing section)

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
04-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Diana- nope, I have flaked on the program. I seem to do better with yoga classes which I don't like but feel better after. I'm trying to go Tues & Thurs if I'm not subbing but today I subbed.

Laura- hi

today- nothing

Diana3271
04-23-2014, 08:03 AM

Last night I added on:
Twist Section from Yoga for a Strong & Healthy Back
PM Breath Work from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

Diana3271
04-23-2014, 06:07 PM

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster w/8's

Teacher Classes are always more fun. I really wish the gym was convenient for me. I had fun when I went to the gym. That didn't sound right, :lol:. I'm still having fun but the gym and people are more motivating. Sometimes, it's not very motivating looking at a stack of DVD's and the computer, :lol:.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening

teacher1
04-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Diana- yep, I do much better with classes :)

Today, I headed to the y for zumba and class was cancelled :(I headed home to workout since I didn't have my headphones.

today- elip 45 min

Diana3271
04-24-2014, 06:09 PM

Check-In: TF Hiit 30

I was running short with my time today. I wanted to get the most intense workout that I could do with my allotted time.

Teacher Good job on getting a workout in after the let down at the gym.

Can you believe we are so close to the end of the month? Where does the time go?

Tomorrow is my early day and I have to get up an hour earlier than normal. Oh joy, NOT!

Have a great evening.

Diana3271
04-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot: Happy Weekend!

I had to get up an hour earlier than normal this morning. Did I go to bed earlier? NO! :tired: I actually couldn't since I had stuff to do.

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditatons

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Diana3271
04-25-2014, 06:29 PM

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - combined workouts w/8's

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
04-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Diana- you're super busy! Hopefully, you get some extra rest this weekend. I can't believe how fast this month went by too.

Subbed today and was so tired when I got home.

today- nothing

Diana3271
04-26-2014, 09:06 AM

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic PM Extended version

Have a great Saturday!

Diana3271
04-26-2014, 11:05 PM

Check-In: 2000 Jump Ropes

Teacher Did you do anything fun today?

Diana3271
04-27-2014, 09:12 AM

Last night I added on: Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Have a great day!

Diana3271
04-27-2014, 08:10 PM

Another weekend just flew by!

Check-In: KCM's Train Like a Contender w/#1 hand weights

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
04-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- it was a quiet and relaxing weekend :) How about you? Did you get some extra rest?

today- ymca water tabata 1 hour- it was indoor... I was trying out my new water shoes for the summer classes. I can't wait for the outdoor water classes :)

Diana3271
04-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Teacher The water classes sound like they are going to be fun! I hope the new shoes work. I didn't do anything special. Cody woke me early this morning so I didn't get extra sleep either, LOL.

Diana3271
04-28-2014, 08:47 AM

Last night night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing section)

Have a great day!

exquisitern
04-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey ladies! What's a good cardio workout that you can do at home, that not hard on the knees. I have some osteoarthritis in my knees and right hip. It's better since I've lost weight, but I'd like to add some cardio at home. Thanks and everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!

Diana3271
04-28-2014, 09:59 PM

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - combined workouts w/#8's

exquisitern I have seen more people get the best results from walking and/or Leslie Sansone. You can do the Leslie workouts in the house. You can buy a DVD from just about any store or you can even find full length videos on you tube. She has 1 mile up to 5 miles. Some of them have toning with with weights or bands. The ones that uses bands normally come with the band from the store. You can make these walks as intense as you want or take them back down as needed. Good luck with your fitness goals.

Diana3271
04-29-2014, 08:09 AM

Last night I added on:
Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic PM Routine
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

Diana3271
04-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan - 5 Miles

teacher1
04-29-2014, 10:33 PM
exquisitern - hi, welcome!!

Hi ladies!!!

Subbing all week this week. This has thrown my schedule and eating :(

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-30-2014, 07:59 AM

Last night I added on: Energy Balancing Yoga w/Suzanne Deason

Have a great day!

Diana3271
04-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Getting us started for the new month: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/295371-may-2014-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html

Diana3271
04-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: KCM's Plateau Buster - combined workouts premix w/#10's

I will see how I feel with the 10's. It seems like I have issues every time I up my weights.

Teacher Do you eat in the cafeteria or do you bring your lunch to work?

teacher1
04-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Diana- 10's are some heavy weights :) I bring my lunch to school. However, it's more the dinner that's the problem. Even with planning healthy foods and having them, I tend to get carryout. It's a willpower issue.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
04-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Teacher We eat out every week night. I actually find it easier to eat out during the week. I have adjusted to eating very plain, so it's easier with counting calories. It would be more difficult for me to cook for me and DH. I would almost have to prepare 2 separate meals for us. That's a lot more work. Do you get takeout and bring it home for you and your DH or does he eat at a different time?