Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/1/2014

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/1/2014

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 05:21 AM
:crazy: :joker:
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

nicoleroper
04-01-2014, 07:02 AM
I could kick myself, I went on an eating spree last night. Nothing horrible like brownies, but still put weight on this morning. Two pieces of turkey bologna, 2 handfuls of pecans. That's ok, I will eat clean today! It is a new day.

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Beck Diet Solution

Tuesday Reality Check

The reality is, when you’re working on healthy eating/losing weight, either way you’re going to be missing out on something. If you’re at a party and there’s lots of tempting food, either you’re going to miss out on eating everything you want OR if you do eat everything you want, you’ll miss out on all the benefits of losing weight. But, if you “miss out” on eating some food, you GET all the benefits of losing weight. Remember, it’s always a trade-off.

mars735
04-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I could kick myself, I went on an eating spree last night. Nothing horrible like brownies, but still put weight on this morning. Two pieces of turkey bologna, 2 handfuls of pecans. That's ok, I will eat clean today! It is a new day.

No need to kick yourself! :) You're clearly doing a fantastic job! Slips are human, and now you're moving forward. That will work really well in the long run.

wantanewme
04-01-2014, 08:13 AM
good morning all!
hope you're doing well today.

i have a question. does anyone else get a weird, sweet and sour, salty taste in their mouth when they're on IP? i'm having a hard time describing the taste because it's very strange. i don't remember having this when i was on IP a few months ago.

thanks!

mars735
04-01-2014, 08:21 AM
good morning all!

i have a question. does anyone else get a weird, sweet and sour, salty taste in their mouth when they're on IP? i'm having a hard time describing the taste because it's very strange. i don't remember having this when i was on IP a few months ago.

thanks!

Not that taste, but a constant sweet taste from the Mio I put in my water. Are you using a water enhancer? Different IP products this time? Maybe your body is producing a slightly different combo of ketones this time?

Ruth Ann
04-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Beck Diet Solution

Tuesday Reality Check

The reality is, when you’re working on healthy eating/losing weight, either way you’re going to be missing out on something. If you’re at a party and there’s lots of tempting food, either you’re going to miss out on eating everything you want OR if you do eat everything you want, you’ll miss out on all the benefits of losing weight. But, if you “miss out” on eating some food, you GET all the benefits of losing weight. Remember, it’s always a trade-off.

I like that Lisa. I was just thinking yesterday that I spent decades getting and being overweight so what's a few months to get healthy? There are things I miss, but it's not forever - it's just for right now. I can do anything for just "right now." And the benefits are sooooooooooo worth it!

wantanewme
04-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Not that taste, but a constant sweet taste from the Mio I put in my water. Are you using a water enhancer? Different IP products this time? Maybe your body is producing a slightly different combo of ketones this time?

thanks for the reply. no water enhancers. just plain water for me.

AmberLS
04-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Have a terrible headache this morning and I've been up since 4, it's going to be a long day. (Plus it's snowing and gloomy... yuck). Need to make it to yoga tonight and I hope the day goes by fast.

Tisado
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Well rats, I pigged out last night. Not excuses. :(
WI yesterday was half pound ( 3.8 week before so good average).
The old habits took over and we've all been there... or we wouldn't be "here".

Note to self: drink lots of water, measure my veggies and blog before I pick up that box of cereal.

Tisado is my new ID , I've been hanging around under ssubert for awhile.

NJ_Desi_Guy
04-01-2014, 09:45 AM
I wouldnt say I pigged out. .but I had sneaked some snacks/tidbits between thu to saturday of last week, and the drop in weight plateaued a bit. Started the regular rigor once again from yday, and I started the process again...

Hiker88
04-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Well rats, I pigged out last night. Not excuses. :(
WI yesterday was half pound ( 3.8 week before so good average).
The old habits took over and we've all been there... or we wouldn't be "here".

Note to self: drink lots of water, measure my veggies and blog before I pick up that box of cereal.

Tisado is my new ID , I've been hanging around under ssubert for awhile.

It seems that my tough days are always days I haven't drank all my water or eaten all my vegis.... it definitely helps to get all that liquid in!

ems70508
04-01-2014, 09:53 AM
It seems that my tough days are always days I haven't drank all my water or eaten all my vegis.... it definitely helps to get all that liquid in!

That's so true for me too!! And for some reason, I'm always in the mindset of "But I don't wanna go and drink all that water then have to keep making trips to pee why can't the weight just poof and disappear!!"

schenectady
04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Having a blast doing IP now that my husband has joined me in it. He is having a good time exploring recipes and products but it gives me the added determination NOT to touch anything not IP because he is working so hard and because I am remembering how nice it is to slip into smaller clothes and put on makeup and care....etc etc!

Discovered a new thrift store near the house into which we have moved for the next year. Danger, but what fun - it is near where all the Microsoft community is and the clothing donations they sell are phenomenal. The shoes drove me crazy AND because my feet have gone from a size 10 to a size 8 1/2, I clearly will need to visit it...often!

Hiker88
04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
schenectady I love shoes!!! Have fun!!

willsea
04-01-2014, 10:15 AM
good morning all!

thanks!

Ketosis has many symptoms I sugguest looking them up. One of the symptoms is your breath, some describe it as fruity. I personally had the metallic taste in my mouth (also a symptom) for months; it eventually went away as my body became accustom.

Jillybee123
04-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Feeling hungry this morning. Working on my water, know I will do well today though because tomorrow is weigh in #1! Kinda can't wait! Who would've thought I'd be looking forward to a weigh-in!

Yayalaine
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I took a big step today... cancelled my IP appointment at the doctor's office. I told them it was just too expensive right now and that I'm going to "diet" on my own. I have been OP and I hope this doesn't mess me up mentally. :(

I bought a few cases of Premier Protein snack drinks at Sam's Club, ordered some things from Nashua, and I am going to continue doing the plan on my own with alternative products. I have been doing so well, but the IP products were just too expensive for me. It did help me get going, though, and got me off to a good start. Now, to keep on keeping on...

dcs0826
04-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Feeling hungry this morning. Working on my water, know I will do well today though because tomorrow is weigh in #1! Kinda can't wait! Who would've thought I'd be looking forward to a weigh-in!

My 1st weigh in is tomorrow too! Good luck!! :carrot:

dak1lls
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
I took a big step today... cancelled my IP appointment at the doctor's office. I told them it was just too expensive right now and that I'm going to "diet" on my own. I have been OP and I hope this doesn't mess me up mentally. :(

I bought a few cases of Premier Protein snack drinks at Sam's Club, ordered some things from Nashua, and I am going to continue doing the plan on my own with alternative products. I have been doing so well, but the IP products were just too expensive for me. It did help me get going, though, and got me off to a good start. Now, to keep on keeping on...

You can totally do it on your own and with the support from this site and all the great cheerleaders here. I went on my own at about the 8 week mark because of the expense and dissatisfaction with my coach/clinic. Make sure to sign up for the Lifetime Dieters Club on Nashua Nutrition. Just note it in the comments when you place your next order and they charge a one time fee of around $29. You get 10% off every order!

I love that I could get so much more variety due to the lower cost on alternatives. My clinic would only sell full boxes and if I tried something and hated it I was stuck with it. Good luck to you on your IP alternative journey!

kaylynt
04-01-2014, 01:08 PM
That's so true for me too!! And for some reason, I'm always in the mindset of "But I don't wanna go and drink all that water then have to keep making trips to pee why can't the weight just poof and disappear!!"

So me too. I hate going pee all the time.

catlady1981
04-01-2014, 01:12 PM
good morning all!

thanks!

I have a lingering sweet/weird taste on my tongue all the time now. thought it was from the sucralose in the IP and WF products. I don't enhance my water.

Tisado
04-01-2014, 01:42 PM
April 1, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

If you think, “I don’t want to get on the scale because I think I’ve gained weight,” remind yourself that this is actually when it’s most critical to get on the scale to hold yourself accountable. It’s important need to find out if you’ve gained weight so you can figure out what mistakes you may have made and correct them. Once you face facts, you can start the process of changing them!

kaylynt
04-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Tomorrow is my first weigh-in. Changed things up today, had my restricted for lunch with my salad, due to the fact I brought potato puree for lunch and I didn't want to worry about "hot" vrs "boiling" water cause I was hungry. See how it goes.

Since I've seen so many people using alternatives it sparked a question in my mind. Should I just cancel and do my own thing. IP got me started and could I do it on my own. Part of me thinks the cost is what is keeping me 100% though. And a few of the products I would use even after maintenance, like lemon and strawberry wafers! Yum! Atkins has a few really good bars (peanut butter cups NOW OMG).

IDK, maybe I should just stick with something for once...instead of changing my mind every 2 minutes :( My worst Quality. I'm surprised my fiancé has lasted this long :P lol, jk. (he's amazing, wouldn't trade him ever)

Speaking of him. I told him how I think I lost about 5 pounds so far, and he said he that he had found it (and he rubbed his belly)....I said how?
He said "since I actually get to eat the treats I bring home!"....I laughed so loud.
I said "name 1 thing you bought that I ate?"
He said "My BBQ chips..."

I started laughing...he was right.

I think before he wouldn't buy things that he wanted because he knew I would eat.

Honestly I don't think he cared about me eating his food. I think he just wanted to be supportive of my weight loss.

serenity311
04-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Having a blast doing IP now that my husband has joined me in it. He is having a good time exploring recipes and products but it gives me the added determination NOT to touch anything not IP because he is working so hard and because I am remembering how nice it is to slip into smaller clothes and put on makeup and care....etc etc!

Discovered a new thrift store near the house into which we have moved for the next year. Danger, but what fun - it is near where all the Microsoft community is and the clothing donations they sell are phenomenal. The shoes drove me crazy AND because my feet have gone from a size 10 to a size 8 1/2, I clearly will need to visit it...often!

Wow, that's amazing your shoe size went down a size and a half!

My husband isn't doing IP with me, but he is doing a new diet program and I'm SOOOO glad because it makes it SO much better/easier for me to change my eating also.

I am super thrifty too, so I love buying used. I only buy clothes for my kids at consignment sales and shops. Usually they do a half price day on the weekend sales. On Saturday this past week I got 72 items for $85, and when I say "items," some of those were sets. I got an entire spring/summer wardrobe for both my son and daughter there. Feels amazing. Maybe like a hunter bringing home a prize. :encore:

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Ketosis changes the taste in your mouth

serenity311
04-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Day 9 here. I feel hungry but I'm getting more and more used to the feeling. I try to tell myself that's what it feels like to be losing fat! It helps me so much to keep busy rather than sitting around. As soon as my toddler is up from her nap I'll be taking both kids outside to play on this beautiful spring day! :)

catlady1981
04-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Ketosis changes the taste in your mouth

I thought that might be the answer. Thanks Lisa. So this just proves that the ketosis stix that I bought are worthless. Every time I have used them they only register a trace. I knew that couldn't be right since I am loosing so I MUST be in ketosis. Especially after being this far along in the program...:dizzy:

WillowVee
04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I thought that might be the answer. Thanks Lisa. So this just proves that the ketosis stix that I bought are worthless. Every time I have used them they only register a trace. I knew that couldn't be right since I am loosing so I MUST be in ketosis. Especially after being this far along in the program...:dizzy:

If the ketosis sticks are showing a trace, that means you are in ketosis. It's like being pregnant: you can't be in a little bit of ketosis. :)

SylviesGirl
04-01-2014, 02:49 PM

I've always heard that if you are drinking the water you should be, that it will make the concentration of ketones in your urine much more faint and mess with the results. And the ketostix are not completely accurate to begin with. As Lisa says, "Trust the program." ;)

Jillybee123
04-01-2014, 02:54 PM
My 1st weigh in is tomorrow too! Good luck!! :carrot:

Thank you and good luck to you!:carrot:

SylviesGirl
04-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Day 9 here. I feel hungry but I'm getting more and more used to the feeling. I try to tell myself that's what it feels like to be losing fat! It helps me so much to keep busy rather than sitting around. As soon as my toddler is up from her nap I'll be taking both kids outside to play on this beautiful spring day! :)

Hey, Serenity! I just read through Monday's chat and saw that you had tried to contact me. You are so welcome! I was right where you are last year at this time, and lots of people around here sent wisdom and encouragement when I needed it. I am glad to be able to return the favor somewhat. I'm so happy that you made it through Sunday and are feeling better about things. Yay for you! Now, next time you feel like that, you will be able to draw back to Sunday and know that it will pass and how to get through it.

When I complain about "hungry days," my husband looks at me and says, "It's not hunger . . .it's an opportunity." Some days I thank him, and some days I want to smack him. :cool:

Anyway, again, you're so welcome. Drop me a line when you get your "full citizenship" around here. ;)

GettinHealthyNow
04-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Just dropping by to say hi, and congratulations to all on your scale and non-sale victories. I don't post often, but continue to read almost every day. Still chugging along, losses have slowed, but I'm getting close to goal so will keep on keepin' on. I have a whole new wardrobe and looking forward to new summer clothes this year!

schenectady
04-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I am super thrifty too, so I love buying used. I only buy clothes for my kids at consignment sales and shops. Usually they do a half price day on the weekend sales. On Saturday this past week I got 72 items for $85, and when I say "items," some of those were sets. I got an entire spring/summer wardrobe for both my son and daughter there. Feels amazing. Maybe like a hunter bringing home a prize. :encore:

Serenity - your are so right about it being like bringing home a treasure! We raised three children buying things at consignment and thrift stores. We had a very good one near us and it has saved us a lot of money. It is also the closest clothing store by far.

It has been so useful to me on IP. I drop off a bag of donations on one side too big) and then wander through to see what goodies might be around in either my current size or the next size. I often will score a .99 or $1.29 item on Monday's when one color is marked down.

This has been one of my joys while losing weight - the ability to locate and afford new clothes every three or so weeks. There are lots of nice and designer labels so I feel I am treating myself!

JSorrell
04-01-2014, 04:25 PM
So here it is at 3:20 in the afternoon and I feel like I could eat my desk and keyboard...fortunately, I haven't been too cranky with my office-mates (it is a short term goal to not take off anyone's head during this first week.)

This morning I started with the orange drink, with ice, in my blender - then promptly spilled half of it on the floor. For lunch, banana pudding - you guessed it - in the blender with ice cold water and ice. Meh - didn't do much for me. My salad tasted very strange, as did my dill pickles. I'm wondering if this is just my body's reaction to the lack of sugar in my usual diet.

So looking forward to dinner! Still have no idea what it will be, but I'll be amazed if I can wait for the chicken to finish cooking - however I end up cooking it.

I have been very good on water, so that's one bonus!

willsea
04-01-2014, 05:16 PM
JSorrell: Hang in there, Drink water, have a cup of tea or even brush your teeth. The first couple of days are one of the hardest. We have all been there, it will get easier.

I have been tracking all my food with MyfitnessPal (MFP). I was tired of seeing that I was eating under the suggested info. I finally Googled how to custom edited my profile. My profile is now for a lower Cal, Higher Protein, Lower Carb item daily intake. I am so proud of myself, especially now that MFP isn't highlighting things in red that it doesn't like. Funny how little things make you happy.

willsea
04-01-2014, 05:17 PM
JSorrell: if I am not mistaken, you are also allowed to have an extra un-restricted pack the first couple of days.

Perhaps someone would like to chime in on this as I forget.

HulaChic
04-01-2014, 05:33 PM

It is a new day today! I had a minor eating binge today. An extra Restricted IP and a slice of bread. I have already chopped my veggies for dinner so I am getting back by dinner. I used to have an all or nothing mentality...not anymore. I'm not happy that I ate what I ate (I was in a hurry and needed to go to the grocery store...which I have done), but very proud of myself that I now have dinner prepped for later. I normally would have had a lot of negative self talk about the slip up for a very long time probably not getting back to being OP for a month. But it was a meal and I'm moving on.

One other bummer...my WI is tomorrow.

Slipfree
04-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Seems like a number of people are struggling. I wish for you :dust:

TurtleMom
04-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Since I've seen so many people using alternatives it sparked a question in my mind. Should I just cancel and do my own thing. IP got me started and could I do it on my own. Part of me thinks the cost is what is keeping me 100% though. And a few of the products I would use even after maintenance, like lemon and strawberry wafers! Yum! Atkins has a few really good bars (peanut butter cups NOW OMG).

IDK, maybe I should just stick with something for once...instead of changing my mind every 2 minutes :( My worst Quality. I'm surprised my fiancé has lasted this long :P lol, jk. (he's amazing, wouldn't trade him ever)

I know what you mean about the expense keeping you 100%! I HATE the cost, but love the results. So I'm compromising -I've started using at least 1 alternate a day. I may bump it to 2 once I find some good tree nut-free restricted alternatives.

Good luck on your WI tomorrow :)

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 07:34 PM
So here it is at 3:20 in the afternoon and I feel like I could eat my desk and keyboard...fortunately, I haven't been too cranky with my office-mates (it is a short term goal to not take off anyone's head during this first week.)

This morning I started with the orange drink, with ice, in my blender - then promptly spilled half of it on the floor. For lunch, banana pudding - you guessed it - in the blender with ice cold water and ice. Meh - didn't do much for me. My salad tasted very strange, as did my dill pickles. I'm wondering if this is just my body's reaction to the lack of sugar in my usual diet.

So looking forward to dinner! Still have no idea what it will be, but I'll be amazed if I can wait for the chicken to finish cooking - however I end up cooking it.

I have been very good on water, so that's one bonus!
Most coaches tell people they can have an extra packet the first week if necessary. Our bodies do adapt quickly

I HIGHLY suggest meal planning & leaving nothing to chance. When I saw you had no idea what dinner would be, that was a red flag for me.

I just finished dinner and I'm planning tomorrow. I'll know what is for B, L, D, S before I go to bed.

Planning = success!

sarahBell
04-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Seems like a number of people are struggling. I wish for you :dust:

There is a full moon coming- you can tell with the kids-moods- struggles the kit-n-caboodle!

I have been warding off munchies today and I am trying so hard not to nibble :( today is a 98% day *sigh**

Billy7613
04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Thank goodness I felt a lot better today..though I rushed home to throw my dinner in the oven because I am Starving!! One day at a time I keep telling myself... I just need to get to weigh in. One question, can I use Walden farms in Phase 1?

JSorrell
04-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, the Coach called me around 4:30 to remind me I could have "unlimited lettuce" and if I couldn't hang to go ahead and have another packet. I opted to hold out and came home to have seasoned chicken cutlets, roasted asparagus, with romaine. That first bite of asparagus tasted soooooo good! I found a slow-cooker italian beef that I will give a go this weekend, but I think my biggest hurdle is revamping my cooking. I'm sure that once I have at least 10 go-to recipes, I can breathe a little bit.

What are all of you using on your salads?

When I stopped off for my asparagus, the smell the apples in the produce area made me nearly drool.

I've had all of my water - and then some - for the day, but I'm glad that I can have some hot tea to help the in between times (I keep it unsweetened).

kaylynt
04-01-2014, 08:23 PM
It is a new day today! I had a minor eating binge today. An extra Restricted IP and a slice of bread. I have already chopped my veggies for dinner so I am getting back by dinner. I used to have an all or nothing mentality...not anymore. I'm not happy that I ate what I ate (I was in a hurry and needed to go to the grocery store...which I have done), but very proud of myself that I now have dinner prepped for later. I normally would have had a lot of negative self talk about the slip up for a very long time probably not getting back to being OP for a month. But it was a meal and I'm moving on.

One other bummer...my WI is tomorrow.

Good luck. Stay positive.

kaylynt
04-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Thank goodness I felt a lot better today..though I rushed home to throw my dinner in the oven because I am Starving!! One day at a time I keep telling myself... I just need to get to weigh in. One question, can I use Walden farms in Phase 1?

I assume yes. My coach has pretty much made me want to buy every product they carry. She suggested getting the vanilla pudding and mixing in some "jam" or the "nut butter".

I have 2 of the dressings already. 0carb, 0fat, 0sugar.

Angie
04-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi all -- Just started yesterday, hope I can join in here!

IdealProteinNewbie
04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi all -- Just started yesterday, hope I can join in here!

Welcome!

Read, read, read...you'll do great!

Love_my_pups
04-01-2014, 09:19 PM
If the ketosis sticks are showing a trace, that means you are in ketosis. It's like being pregnant: you can't be in a little bit of ketosis. :)

That's a great reminder, thank you! I was getting frustrated that my sticks barely changed at all.

ReenHag
04-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Most coaches tell people they can have an extra packet the first week if necessary. Our bodies do adapt quickly

I HIGHLY suggest meal planning & leaving nothing to chance. When I saw you had no idea what dinner would be, that was a red flag for me.

I just finished dinner and I'm planning tomorrow. I'll know what is for B, L, D, S before I go to bed.

Planning = success!

I so agree! There is less stress and minimal chance for slipping up if you plan in advance. Cook on weekends, chop veggies and package in baggies, have some veggies and packets stashed at work (even some frozen veggies, if possible, or a jar of pickles).

As far as I know, WF products are acceptable in all phases.

Well, the Coach called me around 4:30 to remind me I could have "unlimited lettuce" and if I couldn't hang to go ahead and have another packet. I opted to hold out and came home to have seasoned chicken cutlets, roasted asparagus, with romaine. That first bite of asparagus tasted soooooo good! I found a slow-cooker italian beef that I will give a go this weekend, but I think my biggest hurdle is revamping my cooking. I'm sure that once I have at least 10 go-to recipes, I can breathe a little bit.

What are all of you using on your salads?

On my salads, I use plan EVOO mostly. Sometimes I chop some herbs and mix it into the olive oil; other times I add lemon. As for go-to recipes, here are a few of our favs:
* stuffed peppers (with a mix of ground bison and ground turkey)
* taco meat wrapped in lettuce leaves
* roasted veggies tossed in grapeseed oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (broc, cauli, zucchini, cabbage, turnips...YUMMMM)
* chicken breasts in crock put over chunks of zucchini, with a little tomato and Italian herbs
* baked chicken in low sodium soy with a splash of red wine and Italian herbs
* burger patties (gr. beef, bison, or turkey) crumbled over cauli rice
* shrimp! Yummmm
* seared scallops
* egg frittata with your veggies baked in- almost too much food, but yum!

I hope this helps!!

~ Renee