Old 04-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies Up the Ante for an Awesome April

There you go. Time is moving along. We are already in the 4th month of 2014

If you want to go back to check up on the old thread - Click here >>>>http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...r-friends.html

Hope April brings spring flowers, sunshine, the big melt and a whole lot of good things your way.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #2  

Morning all. Just a quick hello right now. I have a meeting in 45 min. and am finishing up my quarterly work. The meeting is in conflict with my WW meeting so I may skip WW today. My scale at home tells me I’m up TWO pounds. Yikes! I need to get back on track pronto!!

Jeans days have ended (they were just for the first calendar quarter). Today I’m wearing a pair of pants with no pockets whatsoever. Grrr. My key card’s punched out hanging loop cracked and tore off, so I can no longer clip it to my waistband or hang it around my neck. I’ve decided to buy one of those wrist wallets for runners. I also think it’ll come in handy for anytime I don’t want to carry a purse. Looking at a brand called Sprigs Banjees.

Okay, off to get some work done before the meeting. I’ll try to get back here later.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Had a good day at physical therapy exercise class. One of the other participants grabbed the only recumbent bike before I could get there, so I warmed up on the elliptical for 15 minutes, which surprisingly didn't hurt my back or shoulder. After that, we moved to the floor for our exercises. I'm in the Back Exercise Level 1 class, and since some of the moves didn't seem challenging enough to me anymore, I asked if I could switch to the Level 2 class (which is more rigorous and more intense core work). The physical therapists said not just yet, but gave me some modifications to make the exercises tougher.

For example, instead of just the standard bridge exercise, they now have me adding "marching" which is essentially lifting one foot at a time off the mat. Here's a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuB_3_jVJc). The only thing is that the physical therapist told me to not lift my feet more than an inch or two off the mat, make sure that my hips don't move - which really works the core and glutes - and to just lift one time per foot, and then relax the bridge by bringing the butt back down. So after I'm stabilized in the bridge position, I lift my right foot an inch or two, then place it back down, then lift my left foot, then place it back down, then bring my butt down to the mat.

Another more challenging exercise they showed us is a variation of the clamshell (http://www.therapeuticassociates.com...ine/#clamshell), but instead of keeping feet together, allow the feet to come apart, but still don't roll the hips/pelvis backward when lifting the upper part of the leg. I kept my hand on my hip to help be aware that I wanted the hips to stay stacked and not rotate them backwards.

The physical therapists said that while they don't feel any of us were ready for Level 2, we are most certainly doing Level 1.5, and they want us to continue to practice at home to strengthen our core, low back, glutes and other supporting muscles.

Sorry that we lost Pattience. Hopefully she'll come back.

=========================
Shad - Thanks for starting the new thread! Like you, I hope April brings good things to all of us.

Laura - I hate pants with no pockets. Thankfully the only "pants" I have like that are my yoga/workout pants but I'd still prefer if they had a pocket. I hope the meeting goes well.

A big and to all! I'll try and check in later.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #4  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad. Hard to believe we are in the 4th month already - time is really flying by. I suppose this means you are headed into autumn. Since it's cooler where you are, does this mean you will see some trees changing color? Or won't you be around long enough for that? Today I am getting some goodies - those cholesterol chews and for fun, I decided to splurge on a tin of Tasmanian Leatherwood Honey. They said this is far too nice for tea so I will have to figure out some way to 1) keep DH from dumping it into his tea cup and 2) highlight the taste in some way. Suggestions Shad? Not sure I'm the honey and toast kind of person.

Looks like we lost Pattience. Sorry things didn't work out - we can be a chatty lot - especially me. Thanks for telling us goodbye - many have popped in and disappeared as quickly as they showed up. Good luck going forward with your clothing business.

Laura - can't you just get a new keycard since the clip top snapped off? Or is it that you like the picture on it? I had several pairs of dress pants with no pocket and I really missed them too. Good for you for jumping back on plan again - I think that's the key - when the scale creeps up a few pounds, get cracking again. We talked about the difference between "new pounds" temporary and if you ignore them for too long they stick and adhere forever

Michelle - just checked back on the thread and see that you posted. Thanks for including the new physical therapy exercises. Sounds like you are doing well and building strength. Bummer that you missed the bike but that's good that the elliptical didn't bother you. I heard a long time ago that elipticals are basically made for someone around 5 foot 8 inches and anything above or below might stress joints and such. I was never comfortable on them.

It's snowing outside again. Large, fluffy flakes that blow in the wind gusts. Hopefully we won't get much in the way of accumulation. Friday is another chance for a big storm again but hopefully it will dissipate like the Monday one did Not much else to say - might as well go find something useful to do.

Hellos to the rest of the ladies - have a good one.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #5  

Afternoon all.

The meeting was alright – lots of “make nice” talk. Lunch was tuna on a deli thin spread with some miracle whip. Also had some cracker chips and baby carrots. And a tangelo. I can’t wait to get rid of this batch of the tangelos – way too tart for me. Maybe I’ll juice them just to be done with them.

Happy – Sorry you lost your post yesterday. I’m now in the habit of typing my posts on MS Word before I copy & paste them to the thread. Too frustrating to lose lengthy posts! How great of you to do short-term cat foster care. I wouldn’t think of doing it with Coal in the house, but I guess if the term is so brief you don’t even have to have the cats in the same space with your own, then it makes it more manageable. Re the Patterson books – I’m not sure if all of his books are of the creepy type, so don’t just go by what I say…Re my key card, no I’m not attached to the photo on my key card, I just don’t want to keep going through the whole cycle. And even when I have an intact card with one of those retractable clips, the clip ends up breaking. It's a PITA.

Pattience – In case you’re still lurking – it was good to “meet” you. Good luck to you with your clothing line.

Shad – Thanks for setting us up with a new thread. Hopefully there's no more cold stuff coming my way that will require melting! Our property was finally snow-free this past weekend. March sure went out like a lamb for us yesterday…but the lion isn’t completely gone.

Michelle – Sounds like a wonderful weekend. D’s work keeps him busy with interesting things. Good for him. I can see how your shoulder problem might keep you from your plank challenge. Just pick it back up when you can. Your PT exercise class is really going well – I’m glad to hear it. I hope you’ll be having much less or NO pain very soon!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies.

+++
Our car's been pulling to the right for a while and bf took it in yesterday to the tire place. Turns out the tires were in really sorry shape and required replacing. They had ~35,000 miles on them and had a 45,000 mile warranty, so we got some of the cost covered by the warranty. Bf picked me up from the train having had the new tires already installed, then we went to another place to have the wheels aligned. Also had an oil change. A Goodwill store was a couple doors away, so we went there while we waited. Didn’t buy anything.

I ate my leftovers from lunch for dinner, a yummy chicken Panini. I’m current on my challenges.

Tonight I’ll go to the movies – we’re seeing “Grand Budapest Hotel”.

That’s about it for me! TTFN.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies...

Why is it when they companies say we can offer between this and that amount and you pick the that higher amount, you don't hear from them again. Bleh What a bunch of BS. However, I do have an in person interview on Thursday with a very nice firm, out of the health care realm, that sounds promising, however money has not yet been discussed. Curtis said don't shoot for the higher amount, he can make up the difference, mainly the health benefits. He does not know how guilty that makes me feel to make him work even harder when he is already strung out. Between a rock and a hard place to say the least, please everyone cross everything you can....

Sissy is gaining confidence daily, I guess like Cecilia, haha. Anyway I spend only about 4 hours a day over there starting this week. She seems to be managing better. Zoloft does wonders, plus the lil babe is an excellent babe. Eats, sleeps, poops, sleeps, eats again, on and on, not really fussy ever and content. Thank you Jesus, seriously, I thank the MAN daily.

Today is 66 degress, the windows and doors came open once I got home. My bro and SIL are in the French Rivera visiting her momma. I am keeping tabs on the house and changing the position of his car in the drive every few days to look as if someone has been there.

Sassy is more spoiled than ever. She is loving her momma being home with her and going to sissy's every day with me. It will certainly be a shock to her system once I do go back to work. Maybe I should be a stay at home doggie mom. LOL.

LAURA....car debunkle is always a PIA. C needs the oil changed in his truck and it looks as if I will be taking care of that one. I just hate going to the dealer to have that done (coupon for 26.00). It is waiting for it to be done. It is kind of like wasted time in life that cannot be retrieved. Oh well, if C is willing to work harder it is the least I can do. Right??? Thanks for the text check in with me today, it kind of reminds me to post here. I know I am bad about that with all that is going on, but no excuse to ignore my sweet, caring sisters. xoxo

HAPPY....hope you will soon get some warmer temps however we are just now getting a few with rain storms predicted the next 3 days, but 50's. I will take it. Are you having the blizzard conditions or just the usual snow crap, I know MN is getting wollopped.

CHELLE...glad you are enjoying your PT. It sounds like just the right type for you considering your back issues. Hope it keeps working for you...thank you for the text check in with me the other day. Hugs sweet sister.

SHADDIE...thanks for starting the new thread. What would I do without your techno knowledge and also your motherly advice. I appreciate you more than you know. Sometimes jerking a knot in my tail is what I need.

Hello to CEEG, SUSIE, and anyone else I may have missed, and sadly goodbye to Pattience.

I am trying, truly I am. Thank you for your patience with me.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I will come back later tonight and post and do personals.

I went to the old thread and put in the new link. I can't figure out how to close the old thread. Do we need to do that? and if so, how do I do it?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Pattience - sorry to lose you from this thread. Need a bit of 'downunder' to balance out the 'Yanks'. If you feel like puttin in a word or two from time to time you'd be welcome. No pressure, don't have to reply to every thread, just let us know how you are doing. Your choice.

Happy - We have been in Autumn for a couple of weeks. There will be some colour change up in the Botanical Gardens, but for best show, go to Google, type in Arrowtown, NZ Autumn and select images. Back later. The world is falling in - according to an overactive 'droid down the hall.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #9  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I walked three times today. Im gonna get weighed when I go see my doctor on the 15th, I hope I've loss more weight, I hope Im in the 280's by then.

Last edited by Terra1984; 04-01-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm still here just snowed under at work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #11  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Annie – Good luck on your interview tomorrow!! Fingers as well as legs, haha! So glad to hear Sissy's feeling better already and that baby R is a good baby. How’s big brother li’l J doing?? Yeh, Sassy is surely loving having his momma around so much. Maybe in your job search you need to find a place with a “bring your dog to work” policy. I don’t do it much, but I don’t really mind waiting around to have work done on the car if I have something to keep me occupied - book, podcast, etc. Though I do have to say that some of those auto shop waiting areas are nasty. The place BF and I were waiting in the other night was dumpy and they had signs “pardon our construction – we’re remodeling”. We joked they probably just keep that sign up permanently, LOL. (Turns out they also had an architect rendering of the remodeled version titled "2014" on display, so I guess maybe they really are going to spiff the place up.)

Susie – I’m sure one of the 3fc administrators can close the thread if we can’t. I wouldn’t worry. If anyone stops by the old one, they can see it’s all done and where to go for the new one.

Shad – Hopefully we’ll get another non-Yank on the thread to balance things out a bit…Looked up Arrowtown NZ autumn photos – gorgeous!! What a lot of natural beauty NZ has!!

Terra – Great job on the walking. Yeh, I have my annual physical on the 16th and would like to show my boss some continued weight loss progress.

Ceejay – Hope you aren’t literally snowed under at work, LOL!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!

==

I liked the movie “The Grand Budapest Hotel”. It's a Wes Anderson-directed movie. He did “Moonrise Kingdom” and it was much like that – very fanciful in its settings and story, and it was just a funny, quirky movie. He also did “The Royal Tennenbaums”, which I also liked. I’m glad I went.

Car’s driving nicely with the new tires. Ho hum.

I forgot to do my challenges last night after the movie, so I’ll have to double up tonight.

Starting to monitor my blood pressure again in anticipation of my upcoming physical exam. This morning my bp reading was 106/70.

Nothing much else going on right now, so I’ll just stop rambling and get back to work.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-02-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #12  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

How to Close a Thread -
The only people who can close a thread are the site moderators and the person who started the thread in the first place. If that's you - scroll to the bottom of the page below where you can do the "quick entry post". At the bottom you'll see a section titled "Thread Tools and Posting Rules" on the left side. Across from that on the right side you'll see a section called MODERATION TOOLS. And it will say CLOSE THREAD. Click Go and it will close and lock the thread from any new posts. If you need to reopen the thread, you will have to contact a moderator. As Laura said - not so important to close the threads - the mods watch over that stuff. Some of us would close the thread in the beginning so that new people would not keep posting on the old threads. But we're all old hats at this now

Shad - I do feel bad that you lost a compadre in Pattience - someone who speaks your language for a change I got my Tasmanian Leatherwood honey yesterday. It is good and thick - not like our runny American stuff. I still don't have the developed palate to discern the different subtleties based on what the bees were eating. I'm like that with wine too - can't tell these "hints of peach or applewood or whatever they are talking about" it all tastes like wine to me I looked up Arrowtown too - VERY pretty area. I love the "tunnels" of trees with the colors. I can just hear the crunching of the leaves looking at those pictures. I think I love autumn the most of all the seasons.

Ceejay - sorry to hear you are inundated at work. What's going on that you are so busy now?

Annie - good luck with your interview tomorrow Yes, it is VERY ANNOYING that salary is discussed when there is no effort for honest consideration. Companies want to find someone to work for the lowest possible amount (I know you might disagree Michelle but in today's world I think that is true). I would tell people when I was interviewing (on both sides of the table) that as the hiring manager I had a budget that I had to work with so their was a salary range and as an interviewee I needed to make an affordable wage so I would hope there was an acceptable amount for both of us. I will send good wishes and all other sorts of happy dust your way tomorrow And that is very sweet of C to comfort you - that's what partners are all about - working together to make things happen, isn't it? He's a good guy but you already know that. Thank goodness R is a good baby - sure helps as things stabilize with Sissy and Lil Man. I am envious of your 65 degrees - I am dreaming of that day here We have the potential to get wolluped Thursday into Friday - 8 inches in a narrow band. I hope it avoids us Today is sunny and it's 40 already - looks like a nice day ahead. Bears will be waking up soon if this keeps up.

Laura - glad you liked the movie - I will put it on the watch list. We have only been to Toyota dealers to get our cars worked on and I guess we are lucky that so far, they have all been ok waiting rooms - not real fancy but clean. Some even had water, juice and snacks or Wi-Fi. The important thing to us was to get things done quickly and efficiently and we were happy with that. Remains to be seen how the new Toyota place will work out. We were happy with the service in Duluth but bought the new car from a different dealership. They actually have the nicest waiting room of all - a big, open area overlooking Lake Superior - should be quite pretty when the lake is not frozen over Your blood pressure number is really good. I think it's a good incentive to stay clean for the next 3 weeks until your physical. Just keep that in mind when you are tempted to do otherwise Sorry you had to put so much out on the car but welcome to spring in Chicago - time to get the car realigned from dodging potholes! Actually after this rough winter up here, our typically pretty good roads are looking in need of repair too. Winter's been hard on everyone.

Terra - if you walk 3 times a day you will probably guarantee a loss by the time you see your doctor. Keep it up!

Hi Susie and Michelle

Today I have the yoga class I really like this afternoon. I really REALLY have to focus on doing it at least twice a week on my own. I have good intentions and then I don't know where the day goes. Tomorrow will be quite a busy day starting early with physical therapy so I will have to give myself a ZQuill or Benadryl coma to get to sleep early as I will have to get up around 6am. I've been going to bed around 2ish and then the cats start a commotion in the bedroom which keeps me up until after 3am. Meadow is looking to spend more time with us - particulary DH and the little one Nina does not like sharing at all. Meadow is starting to stand her ground as if to say - I have a right to be here too - but occasionally Nina runs her off and then I go chasing her. Anyway as spring moves in and we will have days to spend outside, I need to get to bed earlier to wake earlier anyway.

Happy Humpday everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I didn't make it back last night--time got away from me.

We had beautiful weather in Ohio yesterday. It was 77 degrees! Today is cool and overcast, at least the morning was but I see a little blue sky out there now. Maybe the evening will improve.

DH and I took a stroll last night. It wasn't a walk, but a stroll. It was nice to just be outside and moving. DH asked if we could take a walk in the neighbor hood and I was so happy that he wanted to get out and move so I was ok with whatever pace we were going.

Things are coming along with cleanout in the room that will be converted to the fitness room. This conversion takes place on April 17 and 18. Also, I'm having the home office painted so I'm purging in there as well.

Terra--you are doing great! Keep it up; you will show a good loss when you go to the doctor.

Annie: Good luck on Thursday with the interview. Salary is such a hard thing to dicuss. When people ask me what pay range I'm looking for and its early in the interview process this is what I would say-- "For me salary is a combination of hourly wage and benefits. Without knowing the benefits and what they entail, such as how much are the montly preimums for insurance and the details of the coverage it is hard for me to put a number to it. I am sure that your company has a fair wage in mind for this poistion and the skills that it takes. Could you share with me some more details about what the whole compensation package would be".

Happy: I saw you asked about the composite decking. The composite decking that I am familar with is Timbertech. You can google them and see the product. Composite decking is more expensive than traditional but is much more low maintence. What other questions does your DH have that I could try to answer?

I'm going to have to come back to you all later. I was reading at lunch time and posting and I have ran out of time.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Had a relaxing evening yesterday. I had my book club meeting via telephone with my Wisconsin friends. Then I watched "The Voice". I really like that show much more than American Idol. After that, I watched a DVR recording of Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson. I really enjoyed the original Cosmos series with Carl Sagan, and I like this current version too. I like that Neil deGrasse Tyson can explain the science in a way that makes it relatable and easily understood without dumbing it down.

Tonight, I'll be going to the gym after work to ride the recumbent bike. Then I'll come home and do my PT exercises like I do every night. My shoulder is occasionally twingey but hopefully good enough so I can start the plank challenge.

=================================

Happy - Before Monday, I hadn't used an elliptical in a few years, as my former PT said that it might cause me to arch my back in a bad way. But I was able to keep my core engaged, so I didn't hurt anything. I can't believe you're still getting snow. I hope it didn't accumulate. Geez, 8" MORE SNOW possibly on the way. This most recent rain in the Bay Area brought a few inches of snow to the mountains that surround Silicon Valley (including Mt. Hamilton which is the one I drove up a couple weeks ago). I totally agree with you that companies want to find someone to work for the lowest amount. When I was looking most recently, I had a lot of companies looking to pay a salary lower than I would've accepted in Wisconsin...so they were WELL BELOW the market range here. Have fun at yoga. I need to get in the habit of doing the poses on my own too. For me, it takes nearly all my discipline to do my PT exercises daily. I hope PT goes well for you tomorrow.

Laura - What a very healthy lunch you had. Like you, I type out my posts in Word or Notepad before copying them into the website. What a PITA about the key card. I got a chuckle when you referred to March as going out like a lamb, but the lion isn't completely gone. I'm glad your bf was able to get a discount on the new tires thanks to the warranty. So glad you liked the movie. That's one I'd like to see. Wow, your bp was really good this morning.

Annie - Best of luck and success with the interview tomorrow!! I know you'll do great. And I'm crossing everything for you. When I was looking for work, one of the tips that sticks with me from the book "60 Seconds and You're Hired" is that typically whoever mentions a pay range first loses. Meaning, if a potential employer asks for your salary requirement try and be as vague as you can. What I used to say was, that I would consider the whole package (meaning salary + benefits, plus challenging/interesting work). Or I would say, I made xyz at my former employer (and I'd always round up) so I would ideally like something in that range; however, that might be negotiable depending upon the benefits. I'm so glad that Sam is doing better. So good that Royce is being a good baby. I hope when you do go back to work, Sassy doesn't express her feelings by leaving messes around.

Shad - I checked out Arrowtown NZ Autumn...absolutely gorgeous! Reminds me so much of autumn in New England (or Wisconsin for that matter). I also happened to watch an episode of Top Gear (the BBC program about all things cars), and two of the hosts had a competition to see if it's faster to sail or drive somewhere. This episode was a race from the northern tip of the Coromandel Peninsula to the northern tip of the North Island (220 miles by sea versus 410 miles by land). The person sailing was on the Oracle Team USA Americas Cup sailboat/catamaran, and the person driving was driving a Toyota hatchback. The person sailing won...but just barely, and the person driving had a much more pleasant drive. Anyway, I thought of you as they were showing how lovely New Zealand is, and I also remembered that The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies were filmed in NZ. I hope that the overactive 'droid was incorrect about the world falling in.

Terra - Good for you for getting all your walking in! Are you walking outdoors yet?

Ceejay - Sending you hugs. I hope your day gets better.

Hi Susie!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy, Susie & Laura ~ Thanks ladies for commenting on my walking, I've been working really hard at it

Michelle ~ Yeah I've been walking outside since Spring started

I havent walked today yet because Im not home right now but when I get home I'll be sure to walk twice if not three times today again
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote