Ideal Protein Diet - October Newbies-Amazing in April

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : October Newbies-Amazing in April

Slipfree
03-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Welcome to Amazing April! This is an amazing group of people! Supporting each other on our journey toward a healthy body and goal. We are all in this together.

Hiker88
03-31-2014, 11:43 PM
I was wondering what you were going to use as a heading for April... I like it!! Yes I truly appreciate all the comments/encouragement I read on here... Its really helped me, especially on the tough days!

LUCCILOVE
04-01-2014, 04:08 AM
Happy April

Thanks Slipfree for keeping us strong each month!!!

Slipfree
04-01-2014, 06:47 AM
The thread name credit goes to Steph this month:). Would not have made it this far without all of you, so setting up the thread is a pleasure.

Another 3 hour SBAC test this afternoon, poor kids. On a great note, my scale said 175.8 this morning.

Kawaii1002
04-01-2014, 08:52 AM
The thread name credit goes to Steph this month:). Would not have made it this far without all of you, so setting up the thread is a pleasure.

Another 3 hour SBAC test this afternoon, poor kids. On a great note, my scale said 175.8 this morning.

Slip,
Not sure if you're a Muppets fan but I wanted to run around the house with floppy kermit arms screaming Yaaaay this morning when I read your post. It made me smile.

This group of women (and men) have truly become friends. I'm so thankful that I found you all at the beginning of my journey, because it had been pretty easy to keep plugging along with my hubby doing it to. Since it's just me now, I can definitely tell I feel a bit more frustration in my weaker moments. I don't really want to eat the food, who knows maybe I do want to.

I know that I went from a constant poster to a bit of a lurker, but I read the boards every single day. I'm so happy for all of you! You're doing great!

want2bskinnyagain
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Hello April! This board is truly a blessing, the post I read the encouragment I get from all of you here is wonderful. Some days are harder then others, and I know those days I can come here and find encouragment from all of you, it is nice to have friends to share the journey with. Thanks everyone!:hug:

Kawaii: You sound like you are having a tough go right now, lean on us, that is why we are here. Hang in there, the tough times are a test to see how badly you want to reach your goal. You can do it.

wantanewme
04-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the new thread! Let's hope for great losses, lots of NSVs and good weather this month.

Kawaii, I hope things look up for you soon. I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly.

Question: does anyone else get a really weird, salty, sweet, sour taste in their mouth on ip?

Kawaii1002
04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Hello April! This board is truly a blessing, the post I read the encouragment I get from all of you here is wonderful. Some days are harder then others, and I know those days I can come here and find encouragment from all of you, it is nice to have friends to share the journey with. Thanks everyone!:hug:

Kawaii: You sound like you are having a tough go right now, lean on us, that is why we are here. Hang in there, the tough times are a test to see how badly you want to reach your goal. You can do it.

Thanks so much want2be! I'm still sticking with it, staying OP.. food is staying down today, and I was able to get my liquids in today too.. Sick or not, I'm on this for the long haul. The numbers are going down, other than being sick, I feel like a totally different person. I was able to fit into a size 16 top yesterday. 16?? that's a size I haven't seen since I was in 5 grade. Nothing like sobbing into your tank top in the dressing room of the Goodwill...

Every step is a victory. I will make it. Sickness can't keep me down forever!

Slipfree
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Absolutely true! Every good choice is a victory, a step closer to a healthy life.

want2bskinnyagain
04-01-2014, 08:49 PM
So all this talk about sizes got me thinking. A friend and I were talking about what size my clothes were the other day. Then she asked what size did I want to get to? Did I have a goal size in mind when I started this journey? I never even thought about what size I wanted to be when I was at my goal weight, it has always been a number on the scale for me. It never mattered to me, any size was going to be smaller then I was wearing. LOL. Does anyone else not have a goal clothing size?

LUCCILOVE
04-01-2014, 09:08 PM
I have no weight goal, size goal or clothes goal. My mind has not caught up with my physical loss. I can't grasp I have loss this weight. It is overwhelming in a weird good way.

So I don't remember if we ever went over our Bios. It would be nice to know people's back ground if they wanted to share.

I am 41 years old. Married. No kids. 1 cute dog that I love to death named Lucci. I live in Alexandria, VA outside of Washington, DC. Currently not working. Love to travel - use to be a travel agent.

Who are you? : )

Slipfree
04-01-2014, 09:22 PM
I thought that I would be happy to fit in my size 12-14 clothes,but I skipped through those clothes. Ordered some size 12 Levi boyfriend capris and 2/3 are too big, have to send them back.

My focus is on making it to the goal suggested by my clinic (160) I have been on a lot of diets in my life, but I have never made it to goal. Somehow, I just think that making it to goal will set me up for success in maintenance. No baggage left, a fresh new start at a healthy lifestyle.

NSV- last fall, I admired a sweater that one of my very fit colleagues was wearing. I checked out buying it, but it was $$. Today, she gave it to me. Said that the neckline would look better on me. What amazed me was that she sees me as that small. I need to get my head around that.

Do you think that you have a grasp on what weights and sizes look like on real people?

What do you think when you look in the mirror now?

stephascope
04-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I have no weight goal, size goal or clothes goal. My mind has not caught up with my physical loss. I can't grasp I have loss this weight. It is overwhelming in a weird good way.

So I don't remember if we ever went over our Bios. It would be nice to know people's back ground if they wanted to share.

I am 41 years old. Married. No kids. 1 cute dog that I love to death. Currently not working. Love to travel.

Nice to really meet you Luccilove :D

I didn't really care about sizes when I started. I am wearing a size 6-8 right now but 4-6 would definitely be nicer! We'll see where I'm at when I get to my deadline.

I am 32, married, no kids, but have a furbaby weiner dog named Dee. I live in Calgary AB, work as an orthodontic assistant, and also run my own small business applying eyelash extensions. I am also starting part time school to obtain a certificate in HR. I'm a busy lady!

I also have a tendency to overeat and the idea of being able to maintain my IP weight loss is scaring the **** out of me.

Slipfree
04-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Luccilove- we were writing at the same time with very similar feeling.

I am 48, single, no kids. Teacher for 27 years. Love to travel, decorate (indoor and outdoors), I love my home and my garden.

wantanewme
04-01-2014, 10:47 PM

I am 41 years old. Married. No kids. 1 cute dog that I love to death named Lucci. I live in Alexandria, VA outside of Washington, DC. Currently not working. Love to travel - use to be a travel agent.

I'm 33, mom to three kids (8,5, and 2), and a 1 year old yellow lab named Gus! I'm a stay at home mom and part time student almost done with a masters degree in education. I live outside DC in Fairfax, Va.

LUCCILOVE
04-01-2014, 10:51 PM
wantanewme--we are looking at houses in Fairfax. Are you from there? Do u like it there? Just curious. Where does your spouse work location wise?

want2bskinnyagain
04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
I am almost 40, married with 2 girls(9 and 15). Live in BC Canada. I am a playschool teacher, and now also am working at a part time office job.

Slip: Great NSV. Isn't it odd how we can't see as much of a change as others. I definitely think this will take some time to wrap our heads around. Enjoy the sweater.

I don't think I have any idea about the weights and sizes of people. But I do think I look at people more closely now, trying to figure out where I fit in compared to them, like if I am about the same size as that women. Weird, I know.
When I look in the mirror now I see how far I have come, but I am not satisfied yet. I know that I have more confidence then I did before, which I am still getting used to. It is amazing to see how many changes there has been, inside and out because of this journey.

wantanewme
04-02-2014, 08:18 AM
wantanewme--we are looking at houses in Fairfax. Are you from there? Do u like it there? Just curious. Where does your spouse work location wise?

I grew up in Nova... In Annandale. The part of Fairfax I live in is close to Reston, Herndon, and Chantilly. My husband works in Chantilly so he doesn't have a big commute which is really nice. I like this area a lot. Lots of conveniences, good schools, close to hudband's work and my kids' schools.

stephascope
04-02-2014, 08:20 AM
want2b - where in BC do you live? I am from Williams Lake. My parents and one of my brothers still live there.

Ruth Ann
04-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Do you think that you have a grasp on what weights and sizes look like on real people?

What do you think when you look in the mirror now?

Here's a good site that gives you an idea what people look like at different weights and sizes - really helped when I had problem visualizing what I would look like at a lower weight.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

Hawaii69
04-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Here's a good site that gives you an idea what people look like at different weights and sizes - really helped when I had problem visualizing what I would look like at a lower weight.

Wow! Do I look like these slim women? hee hee Thats a really cool sight Ruth Ann! It does give you some perspective because lately I've been feeling almost panicky that I should've lost more weight. Looking at the pics has made me feel a lot better!

want2bskinnyagain
04-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Steph: I am in Sparwood, BC. My in laws used to live in Williams Lake.

Hawaii: If you feel good, then that is the weight you should be at. Give yourself time to adjust to the new you. And congrats on reaching goal!!

So I made another donation this AM, I am down 3.2lbs for a total of 61.8lbs. I feel like I am back on track after vacation and I am motivated to keep going. Summer will be here before we know it, which means shorts, cute tops, and bathing suits! LOL.

I have everyone has a great IP day!!!

Hawaii69
04-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Steph: I am in Sparwood, BC. My in laws used to live in Williams Lake.

Hawaii: If you feel good, then that is the weight you should be at. Give yourself time to adjust to the new you. And congrats on reaching goal!!

So I made another donation this AM, I am down 3.2lbs for a total of 61.8lbs. I feel like I am back on track after vacation and I am motivated to keep going. Summer will be here before we know it, which means shorts, cute tops, and bathing suits! LOL.

I have everyone has a great IP day!!!

Thanks! You are right!

Hiker88
04-02-2014, 10:57 AM
hey everyone... I'm 43 and single. I manage city transit for two small cities and I'm from BC, Canada. As you can tell from my Avatar, I have a small dog who I am not ashamed to say that I treat as my baby. So far being a single woman I refuse to get any cats! The stereo type and all!! LOL!

Jig
04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
OOO this is fun. I'm 26, single, no kids. I have lived my entire life in the Tri-Cities WA except for my four years of school outside of Spokane where I earned by Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice. I'm currently working towards my MBA taking online classes. A year ago almost to the day I bought my first house. I do the day to day accounting for my parent's technical services company. I had to give up my dream of becoming a police officer when I realized I was too heavy to pass the physical tests but this diet is giving me hope of returning to my dream! I love hunting, fishing, golfing, softball, bowling and watching my favorite sports teams, the Seattle Seahawks and the Mariners!

Rubygirl
04-02-2014, 01:08 PM

What a great tool to use for visualization Thanks

Slipfree
04-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Jig, I think it is fantastic that getting healthy may open the door to your dream job.

Want2b, awesome loss! I could have written your comments about comparing your size to others.

Ruth Ann, thank you for the link. :)

Kooky, what is the site that you told me about called?

Kawaii1002
04-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Evening all. Tomorrow is a WI for me, first in two weeks (officially). Will have measurements tomorrow too! Pain meds are working right now, so I'm not feeling like I'm about to fall over.

It's been so nice to see everyone's Bio's (thanks Lucci for the idea). As for my own, I'm 38, have two wonderful munchkins (ages 17 (for another 40 days!) and 11). I'm married to a great guy whom I married in 2011, and if and when I make it to my "goal weight" (read that as being a healthy weight) we've discussed trying to have a little one of our own. I do hospice/daily care for those that aren't able to care for themselves anymore. It's hard at times, but it's very rewarding.

Done babbling now :)

Slipfree
04-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Hi y'all,

It is 63 degrees here today! Feels wonderful :) SBAC testing (for my grade) is done and all of us are feeling the relief! There are so many tech issues with this test, I can not believe they rolled it out this way.

Thanks Kooky for that site. I bookmarked it now.

Kawaii, how was WI? Are they back ordered on anything?

LUCCILOVE
04-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Hello!!

Had WI today lost 2.8 lbs. So excited. Off to Boston tom. Can't wait to see what my parents say when they see me.

Have a good weekend

Slipfree
04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Yay! Luccilove :yay: Have fun in Boston.

want2bskinnyagain
04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Lucci: Great WI! I am excited for you! Have fun. Soak up all the compliments, you deserve them!!!

I ran into a couple of friends I have not seen for a couple of months today. My one friend went on and on about how great I looked and kept hugging me. Finally I looked at her and she was almost crying! I still can't believe she got that emotional. Guess she was really happy for me. Kind of funny, embarrassing, nice all at the same time. Made me think about how I feel about my weight loss. Why am I not that happy for me? Don't get me wrong, I am happy I have lost weight, and proud of myself, but not like that.

Slipfree
04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Want2b- it did not set in for me until I was in that dressing room fitting into tens. I guess because I have been a size 12 before, I was not as impressed as others with my weight loss changes.

I think our focus is on reaching goal and that still seems pretty far away. I do not want to overly focus on how I look now because I have settle for that in the past.

The changes must be big, because everyone focuses on it- all the time! It is awkward. Today a colleague came into my room and said -what, are you on that protein diet? I said yes. I told her how much I had lost. She said, must have cost you $2000. I said, probably. My health is worth every penny. She then said, well I hope you can keep it off.

My question is why? If you can't say anything nice, do not say anything at all. At least your friend was happy for you. Maybe our weight loss brings up stuff for them?

Kawaii1002
04-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Hey all..

I will be going offline for a few days, not quite sure how long. All the pain that I've been having is due to my gallbladder. It's full of gallstones and is inflamed to boot. I'll be having surgery, probably monday or tuesday of next week.

Keeping it short and sweet today since I'm in pain and going to go lay back down. Once I'm recuperating, I'll have time to chatter with you all again.

Hiker88
04-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Hey all..

I will be going offline for a few days, not quite sure how long. All the pain that I've been having is due to my gallbladder. It's full of gallstones and is inflamed to boot. I'll be having surgery, probably monday or tuesday of next week.

Keeping it short and sweet today since I'm in pain and going to go lay back down. Once I'm recuperating, I'll have time to chatter with you all again.

Oh my! Take care of yourself... we will all be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear back from you after your surgery!!

Jig
04-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Slip: Few things in life are certain, but one thing I've found that is certain is that there are people out there who just are just flat out negative people. If I had to sell my house in order to do this diet I probably would've done it cause the money and things are unimportant if you're not around to enjoy them! Focus on how far you've come and don't worry about negative people. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter!

Kawaii: I'm sorry to hear about your struggles! I hope everything turns out ok! We're still in this together!

Lost another 3.5 at my weigh in this morning. Showed my new coach the comparison photo I made and she was speechless. I have two long trips lined up in July and August so I wanted to talk to her about phasing off for those trips and starting up after I get back. She told me that I could be at my original goal of 250 by then if I keep averaging 3.5 lbs a week. Hard to imagine!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w8QQV03/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8QQV03/)

Slipfree
04-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Kawaii, you can not catch a break lately. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jig, you are absolutely right! Awesome WI and great long range planning for your summer trips.

I am worn out today. It was a long week. One more week until spring vacation. My kids are squirrelly!!!

want2bskinnyagain
04-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Kawaii: Sory about the gall stones. Take care, and speedy recovery.

Jig: Good WI! It is very hard to imagine that we could be a goal by July, kind of exciting thou.

Slip: I hate how kids get right before vacation, happens every time, even to the 3 and 4 year olds I teach.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, I hope. Seems like a long week.

Slipfree
04-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi all,

Had my first night of not eating dinner, had an extra packet instead. Just did not feel like eating or cooking. Looking forward to Lent ending, because I find that I often have no desire to eat or cook fish or eggs on a Fri. night.

I have weigh in this morning. Think it is going to be the same as last week. Interested in the measurements since we have not done them in a month.

Hope that your weekend is spectacular! Our weather is supposed to be close to 60 today. UCONN plays tonight and tomorrow. Going to take some of my clothes to a consignment shop today, that will be a whole new experience. Need to plant some seeds too and catch up on chores. Going to be a busy weekend here!

stephascope
04-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Lots of good WI's so congrats to you all.

Good luck with your surgery Maddy!

My coach and I decided it's time for maintenance. I started phase 3 today and will start phase 4 next week. These phases will be the most important as I have failed to maintain my losses in the past. If I feel like losing another 5-10 after a bit of maintenance I think I'll go back to the Jorge Cruise style of weight loss which is low carb and much cheaper than IP. It will be a lot less daunting to lose 5-10 lbs rather than 40-50! I'm so glad I chose to do IP. It's been hard and expensive but totally worth it. And I got to "meet" you lovely people here. Have a great weekend everyone!

Slipfree
04-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Back from weigh in. I reached my original goal of 175. I am going to keep going until the end of May and then begin the phase off. I want to be in Phase 4 by the 21st of June. I have lost 15.5 inches off my waist! Amazing.

Steph, my coach said that phase off takes 28 days, is that what you were told? How was your first day of Phase 3? By the time I get to it, you will be an expert.

I am glad that I chose IP too!

want2bskinnyagain
04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Slip: Good luck with WI and measurement today. Keep us posted.

Steph: Congrats on maintenance!! That is exciting, I am sure you will do great.

Isn't it funny how our motivation can take a nose dive over night? I was great a couple of days ago and today I am doubting if I will ever get to goal. Yikes. I am not giving up, but it just hit me that I may not be at goal by July, that has always been my goal date. I know my body is going to do what it wants but having it take longer is kind of depressing. Anyone else have major motivation nose dives at times?

want2bskinnyagain
04-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Slip: We were posting at the same time. Congrats!!! How exciting! :hug:

Kawaii1002
04-05-2014, 11:35 AM
:cheer2::cheer3:

Steph,

Congrats on making it to phasing off! I'm super happy for you! Glad we've become friends here and on FB. It's so nice to have people that understand what you're doing/what you're going through!

Slip,
Congrats on 175! Your constant positive attitude and "can do" spirit really have buoyed me a few times when I've been struggling. I'm so very thankful that we've become friends! Can't wait till I'm well and we can get together for another coffee afternoon!

Jig,

Your posts here the past few days have truly made me so happy. You absolutely CAN make your dream come true of becoming a police officer. You're getting fit, and healthy, and nothing is going to stand in your way.

I'm still doing A-ok.. sticking with plan, eating alot more of the soft squishy foods and making tons of soups since solid food and I don't get along right now. This too shall pass, and I'll be back to 100% OP AND working out.

Unfortunately, I've had to put my dream of doing the color me rad 5k on hold. Note I said ON HOLD. I'm not giving up on myself, my goals or this program. It's not IP's fault that I am having this issue.

Keep on being the AWESOME people you are, don't let anyone tell you you can't do something that you really want. You CAN make it happen. :)

Maddy

Kawaii1002
04-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Anyone else have major motivation nose dives at times?

Want2B,

Oh yes! I can absolutely relate to your motivation nosedive! *hugs* Hang in there.. that's the part of this that's mental. You can get through it. I have to look myself in the mirror and tell myself that I've bought into this program, it's expensive, and I'm not going to give up on it because it would be a waste of money! Additionally, I've started writing a journal of little one line things to help me. All things I couldn't have done without having lost the weight. When I get down, or start feeling like the road is really long and painful, I take it out and read it. I wasn't really sure that I wanted to share this with everyone, but I wrote something a couple days ago.. it wasn't a one line thing, but I'll share. Hope that this might help some of you for when you have moments of struggling.

This was taken from a journal post. It's long, and there are some swear words in it. Just skip it if you'd like.

April 3, 2014

So I've spent my entire day at the hospital/doctors offices, I've been sick.. and I'm in pain. ALOT of pain, so much so that the dr offered to admit me to the hospital for pain management so that I could get some sleep, but because I was worried about finances, co-pays, deductibles, I decided to just tough it out with prescription meds and hoping for the best. The doc isn't sure if it's a kidney infection, gallbladder issues, or kidney stones, or lucky me, some combination of ALL of them.

I had the best AND worst moment while at the hospital. The tech that was performing the test gives me a size xl scrub pants and a jonny top to get into. Sigh. xl pants are not going to fit around my behind. I'm smaller, but yet again, I'm still too big for the "normal" world...All that horribleness that I thought I had gotten past came back. That feeling of being too big for everything..There's a stack of pants in the dressing room. I riffle through, unfold *every single pair*, burst into tears, and sob into my shirt. I pulled myself together, thinking that this poor guy is probably wondering wth is taking me so long! I peek my head out and I asked the tech if there were pants that were larger since these didn't fit. Yeah.. he says we usually have them, lemme go look for you.. He wanders off, and like 5 minutes later, he comes back and he says,"Usually we do have them, but today, we don't. I'm sorry." Perky Maddy takes over and I say no problem. I'll make it work. So, I put my regular pants back on and I open the door with two jonny's on (one facing the front, one facing the back because I couldn't tie them up).
Feeling a bit on fragile emotional ground because of the whole clothing fiasco, we step into the radiology room. And I start hyperventilating. I knew in the back of my head that the CT scan was the one that had the giant donut magnety thingy that spins around you, but I didn't *get it* until I was standing there in front of the machine turning all sorts of colors because I was so scared. Oh good god, what if I don't fit???? What if the machine is weight rated for someone smaller than me?? I almost burst into tears in front of this poor guy, but I managed to calmly (seriously didn't FEEL calm) use my words and ask, "What is the machine weight rated for?"

***This is the beginning of the BEST moment*** The very nice tech raises one eyebrow at me and says "Don't you worry, you'll be fine. It's rated for something like 500lbs." Then I look at the donut hole and I say, "You think I'll fit??" He again raises one eyebrow at me and says "You'll fit fine!! You're not THAT big."
It was at this point I quietly said to him that I was once. I told this complete stranger. I didn't have to, but when I told him, he smiled at me and said "Right on sister! If you weren't in so much pain, I'd hug you right now. You totally made my night. And for what it's worth, those pants suck, they're itchy and uncomfortable. So don't you worry your head about it at all. Let me get you a warmed blanket.. So he did, and he starts up the machine and they start raising the table. And lo and behold, I fit in the machine. No problem at all.. there was even room around the sides.
Maybe I'm not at the point where I fit in everywhere, but tonight I had a triumphant moment. The pants didn't fit, so what. **** the pants.. I fit in the machine.. whereas 14 years ago, I wouldn't have been able to get onto the TABLE portion of the machine, much less fit through the hole of the diagnostic part of the machine. Today, I fit enough.

stephascope
04-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Slip - yes phasing off usually takes 4 weeks but I've basically been maintaining for a month and have a good handle on phase 3 and my body seems to like it. My coach is still going to see me for the next 4 weeks through phases 3/4.

Congrats on making it to your original goal!!!

Ruth Ann
04-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Kawaii - your journal entry made me tear up, thank you for sharing that. I so admire your spirit and determination, truly inspiring. I'm so sorry you're in pain and not well - I'll be saying lots of prayers for you and looking forward to seeing you back healthy and on your way again.

Rubygirl
04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Kawaiil thank you for sharing your heart wrenching story. So brave and it just illustrates human kindness. Great share

Hiker88
04-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Kawaii, thank you for being so brave and sharing your journal with us. It was very touching!!

stephascope
04-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Maddy, thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad it worked out in the end and bless that x-ray tech for being your cheerleader when you really needed it.

Slipfree
04-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Kawaii, still my hero. Brave and valiant in the face of adversity-and with that great smile.

W2b- I am so with you right now! I lost 1 pound a week for a month. But I have decided to let it go. Coach said that I actually lost 8 pounds of fat but I am retaining 4 pounds of water. Oh well, I can not change that about my body. I drink a ton of water and I stick to plan, that is all I am in control of. I have decided to start phasing off at the end of next month. We shall see where that takes me. I would really like to lose 15 more pounds by June 20th.

I will do everything in my power to make that happen. I am also much more active in the summer- gardening and yard work on a second story will do that for you. I am also going to join a gym. I want to try spin class and use their elliptical machine, my treadmill is messing with my prev. broken foot. My friend wants me to do a weights class too. Hopefully that will help. I do not mind phase 1, I just want to enjoy my vacation with some vino.

Staying motivated seems to go in waves. Some of the time, I am Gung-ho and can see no problem with continuing this plan indefinitely. Other times, I have to white knuckle through staying away from a second restricted. But most of all, I want to sit down with my Mama and SIL and have a couple glasses of a fantastic Pinot noir. I truly feel that I have changed my way of life through this program. I am also very stubborn and will not let the naysayers have the satisfaction of witnessing a backslide and that means that healthy lifestyle choices are forever.

I guess I also think what is the other option? If I give into my inner brat and cravings, I will be fat again. Frustration over a slow scale can not equal going off program, if I want to reach that goal. Plus, I will only indulge for joy.

Thank you for your congrats. Even better, my blood pressure was 114/74 with no Meds.

Slipfree
04-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I made a delicious dinner. Zucchini noodles sautéed in red chili olive oil, 1/4 lime juice, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, pepper. sea salt, cherry tomatoes and green onions added at the very end. Topped with local sea scallops sautéed in lemon olive oil. Best thing I have eaten in a long time!!!!!

AlaskaLadyie
04-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Kawaii, still my hero. Brave and valiant in the face of adversity-and with that great smile.

W2b- I am so with you right now! I lost 1 pound a week for a month. But I have decided to let it go. Coach said that I actually lost 8 pounds of fat but I am retaining 4 pounds of water. Oh well, I can not change that about my body. I drink a ton of water and I stick to plan, that is all I am in control of. I have decided to start phasing off at the end of next month. We shall see where that takes me. I would really like to lose 15 more pounds by June 20th.

I will do everything in my power to make that happen. I am also much more active in the summer- gardening and yard work on a second story will do that for you. I am also going to join a gym. I want to try spin class and use their elliptical machine, my treadmill is messing with my prev. broken foot. My friend wants me to do a weights class too. Hopefully that will help. I do not mind phase 1, I just want to enjoy my vacation with some vino.

Staying motivated seems to go in waves. Some of the time, I am Gung-ho and can see no problem with continuing this plan indefinitely. Other times, I have to white knuckle through staying away from a second restricted. But most of all, I want to sit down with my Mama and SIL and have a couple glasses of a fantastic Pinot noir. I truly feel that I have changed my way of life through this program. I am also very stubborn and will not let the naysayers have the satisfaction of witnessing a backslide and that means that healthy lifestyle choices are forever.

I guess I also think what is the other option? If I give into my inner brat and cravings, I will be fat again. Frustration over a slow scale can not equal going off program, if I want to reach that goal. Plus, I will only indulge for joy.

Thank you for your congrats. Even better, my blood pressure was 114/74 with no Meds.
I love the inner BRAT mention........ If u don't mind I am going to steal that one... I have always called it the spoiled kid it me saying... I want that I don't want any one to get the last piece or a bigger piece than ME... I get after my inner BRAT often... Spoiled rotten or maybe a left out complex not sure but at times it sure fights my weight loss efforts.... Thanks for the idea :devil:

want2bskinnyagain
04-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Kawaii: Your post was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Slip: Dinner sounds wonderful! Guess the recipe is a keeper!!

Thanks for the encouragment friends!! I will get thru this.

Slipfree
04-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Want2b- you will definitely get through this! You are strong and determined to be healthy. And yes, the recipe is a keeper :) tasted like I was eating off program.

Alaska, feel free :) the inner brat shall not win this time!

Slipfree
04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Good morning Sunshines,

UCONN men won their game and are in the Championship tomorrow. UCONN women play tonight. Exciting basketball the entire weekend!

More chores today. Hope the day goes by slowly.

Hiker88
04-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Slip: Good luck with WI and measurement today. Keep us posted.

Isn't it funny how our motivation can take a nose dive over night? I was great a couple of days ago and today I am doubting if I will ever get to goal. Yikes. I am not giving up, but it just hit me that I may not be at goal by July, that has always been my goal date. I know my body is going to do what it wants but having it take longer is kind of depressing. Anyone else have major motivation nose dives at times?

Yes, my motivation has been missing lately. After returning from my holiday I've been really busy and totally exhausted... this seems to be messing with my focus. I took this weekend to chill.... I slept 10 hours last night and I'm hoping the rest will help my brain get focused on the task at hand... I hope it works! Whether your at goal or not in July.. one thing's for sure.... you will look hot!! Hope we both get our motivation back and get the last of this fat off!!

Slipfree
04-06-2014, 07:23 PM
New motivation- want these 15 pounds gone before phasing off! Since the beginning phase off date is May 17, I feel the clock ticking. Going to up my water and start moving some more.

Had a great visit with my mom. Between my illness and their vacation, we had not seen each other in a month. We had fun.

Hope that all of you are feeling OP strong!

Slipfree
04-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Kooky, I am sorry to hear of your mom's health concerns. I do think fear for my health was the main reason that IP worked, when past plans have not.

I am so cranky today. Even irritated inside myself and I am at home alone now. I swear that I am pms-ing, which would mean another shift with TOM. Tired from staying up late for basketball too, I am not complaining about that though :)

What up with all of you today?

Jig
04-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Kawaii rocks!

That is all for now.

want2bskinnyagain
04-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Hello friends! I am still around, still not feeling the motivation thou. Plugging along anyway, I know the motivation will return at some point.

Slipfree
04-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Want2b- 2 cups of tea for me tonight. Hungry, but I am toughing it out. We can do this!

Jig
04-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I feel like this diet goes three steps forward, one step back for me. I can do well for several weeks and make great progress, then for some reason I make dumb choices and screw up for a week and backtrack. Very frustrating! Guess I haven't completely got over my habits that lead me to being overweight in the first place. This train keeps rolling along though!

Slipfree
04-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Jig, I feel your frustration. I really have not slipped, other than: 1. Having an extra restricted, 2 times since Oct., 2. Skipping dinner and having a packet instead, once. And yet my losses have slowed down incredibly. I sometimes, think it would be better to have a slip, because I see that some of you continue to have great losses. Then, I get afraid that my mind would play head games and I might not be able to keep my motivation and determination going.

I think both paths have their own challenges. We just need to keep going one meal at a time.

Jig
04-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I would say if you've done that well since October, then don't let yourself slip. It's amazing how much easier it is to convince yourself that cheating is ok once you do it a few times. Stick to your name!

Slipfree
04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
My name is a coincidence :) it has been my email for 20 years. It is taken from a Springsteen song- "if our hands should slip free, I'll wait for you and you wait for me"

I just think slip sounds so much better than cheat. Too many past diet failures involve the word cheating. I really do believe this is a life long journey and we have to change our actions and our self talk vocabulary. When you slip, you have to quickly right yourself or you face plant. Same thing with healthy eating and keeping the weight off, either stop the slip or we go back to where we were-fat.

For today, I will remain slip-free.

stephascope
04-08-2014, 07:03 PM
My name is a coincidence :) it has been my email for 20 years. It is taken from a Springsteen song- "if our hands should slip free, I'll wait for you and you wait for me"

I just think slip sounds so much better than cheat. Too many past diet failures involve the word cheating. I really do believe this is a life long journey and we have to change our actions and our self talk vocabulary. When you slip, you have to quickly right yourself or you face plant. Same thing with healthy eating and keeping the weight off, either stop the slip or we go back to where we were-fat.

For today, I will remain slip-free.

I agree, I don't want to use the word "cheat" ever again. I also talk about eating "badly" or eating something "bad" all the time. I'm not sure what other words I'll replace those with. Soon it won't be cheating because we will be maintaining!

Kawaii1002
04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Quick note to all, I'm still hanging in there... Solid foods and I aren't getting along a whole lot, so I've been drinking hot cocoa/chocolate drink mix and eating chocolate pudding for pretty much days.. Worried some because veggies aren't staying down... Know I'm not getting enough calorie wise, but I'm doing the best I can. See the surgeon next week, unless I start to run a fever. Then it's off to the ER with me.

Hugs to all!!

Slipfree
04-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Good morning!

Connecticut is home to two National Championship teams! I am so proud of them, and so tired. It has been a fun week of late night tv. So far, it has been an OP week, although I have been hungry. Three days left until April vacation!

Slipfree
04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
My endurance is being tested by students! Today is a day, when I wonder how long I can continue to do my job. A child told me that everything about me, was annoying (at least it was said in private), I tried to get some resolution but he was not budging. At least I can say that I met his contempt with kindness. Can honestly say that in 27 years, I have never had a kid say anything like that to my face.

Really had to fight not to eat an extra restricted when I got home. Actually had it in my hand. Told myself- no, you only indulge for joy. Have a cup of tea, if you still want it after, then you can have it. Food crisis averted. Food was not going to make the situation better and in fact would have hurt my spirit more. Tomorrow is another day!

Rubygirl
04-09-2014, 06:24 PM
My endurance is being tested by students! Today is a day, when I wonder how long I can continue to do my job. A child told me that everything about me, was annoying (at least it was said in private), I tried to get some resolution but he was not budging. At least I can say that I met his contempt with kindness. Can honestly say that in 27 years, I have never had a kid say anything like that to my face.

Really had to fight not to eat an extra restricted when I got home. Actually had it in my hand. Told myself- no, you only indulge for joy. Have a cup of tea, if you still want it after, then you can have it. Food crisis averted. Food was not going to make the situation better and in fact would have hurt my spirit more. Tomorrow is another day!

EXCELLENT in handling that Slipfree

LUCCILOVE
04-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Just a quick hello from Boston area. I leave Friday in AM back to DC area.

Having a nice time visiting the family MINUS hurting my neck and back but I will live. Have been going to chiropractor and massage while here.

My parents have been taking me to buy a lot of clothes. I went to J Jill and fit in that stuff. When I came out to show my mom she started to cry. When I landed at the airport my Dad said I look really good. Tonight at dinner he said my neck is smaller. I had lunch with my Aunt and cousin and my Aunt cried when she saw me. My husband knew she would. They could not believe it. I cant believe that people notice - but it is confirmation that I did loose weight. At my brothers hockey game all my cousins and friends couldnt believe how much I lost either. It is a little weird but it is nice. They are very happy for me. I cheated a little here and there - there is a lot of food up here I cant get in DC area so I am ok with that.

There is a clinic near my parents that I go to when I am visiting them-the lady sells stuff individually and she lets me buy from her. She has a weekly support group meetings and I went last night. It was amazing. It was nice to meet people doing the same thing I do. The lady that runs the clinic lost over 130 lbs. She is amazing. So she made pizzelles from the crispy cereal-u can have 9 of them from 1 packet. It tasted so good. It was great to have support and tips from others. My parents even went with me to see this "diet" I am on. It is nice they are supportive but I wish they would do it but I know they would not stick to it and cant afford to do it.

Slipfree--I would have killed the kid---hahahah I always wondered what slipfree was - Bruce Springtseen is my husbands ALL time favorite ANYTHING. He has seen him a lot and has everything about him. That is his only hobby or interest he has maybe besides Star Wars.

Will write more soon. I have been reading all the posts. Cant wait for the weekend so I can seem my dog - he looks for me every night in the house. I love him!!!

Slipfree
04-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Luccilove all your good stuff brought a smile to my face. It is wonderful that your family is supporting you so much. Love that you have been treated to some shopping, and that it was a fun. I think it is fantastic that you went to the support group and got some good packets, want to know that pizzelle recipe when you get a chance. Most of all, you sound so happy.

Springsteen is a fav. He is fantastic in concert. I have seen him 7 times, not recently though. As for the kid, I am going to kill him with kindness. I have a little more than two months left with this group. If everything I do annoys him already, it is going to be a long 2.5 months for him, lol.

LUCCILOVE
04-09-2014, 09:00 PM
slipfree--I think my hubby has seen him probably 10xs all over, NJ, NY, MA, WA, DC.

I am not sure if there is an exact recipe for it. She does not do things exact.
it is

1 bag of cereal crisp crushed
Some drops of anise if you like it - she also used carmel but use what u like
About 1/8 of baking soda (I think or powder)
2 egg whites. If you want them thicker put more batter on the maker. Thinner gets 9 out of the packet.

She put some splenda on the top so it was sweet and also on some of them drizzled WF caramel sauce-it was yummy. My parents even liked them. U could also do WF chocolate stuff

At her clinic she lets her clients have unlimited decaf tea but it does not count towards the water intake. Instead of the Spry gum she has them have Orbit gum for a quick chew. She lets them have Splenda as their main sweetner but not too much because she says the pancreas cant tell the difference between sugar vs sweetner so it will keep working. Thought that was interesting. She also sells rock candy that u have up to 6 per day it is made with Xyitol. All different flavors. I got pumpkin and coffee they were good.

want2bskinnyagain
04-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Slip: Good for you for not turning to food after the kid comment. You are right, it is going to be a long 2.5 months for him.

Lucci: Sorry about your back and neck. Awesome that your family and friends are so happy and supportive of you. I can't wait to go home this summer and have my family see me!

I love Springsteen too!! I had my WI today, up .8. Not so great, but I am still trying. This is a new week, got to keep going.

lisa32989
04-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Good morning!

Connecticut is home to two National Championship teams! I am so proud of them, and so tired. It has been a fun week of late night tv. So far, it has been an OP week, although I have been hungry. Three days left until April vacation!

Congrats to your Huskies
Spartan Nation woke up this morning and began mourning little Lacey. I think most basketball fans know her story...

Slipfree
04-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Thanks Lisa. I did see that Lacey lost her battle. So very sad. She had a great deal of impact on her world in such a short time. Your Spartan players were amazing with her, seems like they were lucky to know her too. Her beautiful smile will be missed.

Hiker88
04-10-2014, 09:56 AM
want2b.. I'm with you these days but I'm determined to stick this through to the end. I have no problem all day and then in the evening when I've had a stressful day or I'm really tired... I struggle. It seemed that once I went off plan a couple days in Hawaii I can't seem to get to where I was before mentally.. I found it pretty easy 95% of the time before and now I seem to have two good days and then a day or two where I struggle. So although my conscience didn't bother me at all about Hawaii... the after affects have not been worth it!! I've read a couple of places that after six months a low calorie diet can be hard to keep following so its probably a combination of my 'fun days' in Hawaii and how long I've been on the plan...

that being said, there are a lot of people on these boards who have been OP a lot longer than me and they continue to have success so now that I'm stocked up with my favorite IP food I'm determined to be 100%. I've always felt strongly that you need to be 100% on this diet and I'm not changing that opinion... In the evening I need to go have a bath or go to bed... both of which I've done.... I just may have to do it every night!!!

Jig
04-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Slip,

Sorry to hear about that kid. My sister in law had a similar experience when she was hired for her first teaching job at a middle school. On her first day of class, the students wrote nasty notes to her on her whiteboard between class periods. Not a good start but she too decided to kill them with kindness and now they seem to like her.

Cool NSV for me. I love the Seattle Mariners, always have. I was at the game last year when they put Ken Griffey Jr (one of my favorite all time players) in the Mariner Hall of Fame. That weekend I bought myself a Griffey Jersey but I purposely bought it way too small for me at the time and it looked ridiculous. Wanted to help use it as motivation. I'm traveling to Seattle this weekend to watch my first game of the season and I tried it on last night and it fit comfortably, if anything it was a little big! Now to just avoid the beer and hot dogs and nachos and popcorn and peanuts and sunflower seeds and clam chowder and garlic fries and every other delicious stupid thing that will be eaten around me at the game!

Slipfree
04-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Hiker, I have had to white knuckle it some nights lately, too. I think for me, it is because the losses have slowed down so much. I have to really convince myself that I do not want something sweet. It is helpful to hear your honest feedback about the treat days, because some people suggest that to spark the metabolism and get the losses going again.

Jig, I thought a lot about the kid last night, he must have a great deal of pain inside to be so mean spirited. I am not going to add to it. Your NSV is great! What an accomplishment :) Motivation to stay away from all that ball park food.

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Cool NSV for me. I love the Seattle Mariners, always have. I was at the game last year when they put Ken Griffey Jr (one of my favorite all time players) in the Mariner Hall of Fame. That weekend I bought myself a Griffey Jersey but I purposely bought it way too small for me at the time and it looked ridiculous. Wanted to help use it as motivation. I'm traveling to Seattle this weekend to watch my first game of the season and I tried it on last night and it fit comfortably, if anything it was a little big! Now to just avoid the beer and hot dogs and nachos and popcorn and peanuts and sunflower seeds and clam chowder and garlic fries and every other delicious stupid thing that will be eaten around me at the game!

Jig - I'm having the same problem with all my Ms gear! My first game this year isn't until the end of the month but nothing fits me except my lucky hat (which wasn't so lucky last year). Guess I could wear my Seahawks jerseys. :D

I just take my food with me for the game - easier to keep me out of the food areas.

Jig
04-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Slip-That's a great attitude to have. No sense in letting others bring you down to their level.

Ruth-From what I've seen in the stands in the game, I'm sure you would be in good company as I see lots of Seahawks gear. Or you could buy yourself some new Mariners gear! I'm hoping to have a good enough meal before the game and I might bring a pack of the new BBQ chips. Glad they came out with those. They're my favorite!

Slipfree
04-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Omg! Have any of you made cauliflower fried rice? Tasted better than real fried rice, made it with chicken. It was just what I needed to satiate the cravings monster. Happy girl right now!

Jig
04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
I have tried several different tricks with cauliflower, but not the fried rice. No matter what I try, I still get the same bland texture and taste. You're not fooling me cauliflower!

Slipfree
04-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Jig, this did not taste at all like cauliflower :) Are you on Pinterest or FB? My clinic, Weight No Longer has great recipes. I do not usually use the recipes because I am a pretty creative cook, but I was in a rut. So glad that I tried it.

stephascope
04-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Hey, did you all notice that we're the cool kids? Everyone is starting a thread like ours lol.

Slipfree
04-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Steph- :rofl:

stephascope
04-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh man, a lady taking the census came to the door and now I'm worried my house smelled like farts from all the broccoli I cooked for dinner!

Slipfree
04-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Lol! Remember, you are trying to be the girl who does not care what other people think. She will just jot down in her notes, stinky house.

want2bskinnyagain
04-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Jig: Great NSV! Have fun at the game!

Slip: I LOVE the cauliflower rice, I think it is better then the real thing! We eat it at least once a week.

want2bskinnyagain
04-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Steph: Of course we are the cool kids!!! LOL.

KookySuki
04-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Oh man, a lady taking the census came to the door and now I'm worried my house smelled like farts from all the broccoli I cooked for dinner!

I used to microwave broccoli at work, but people at work were complaining about it smelling like poop/farts, so I stopped. Same thing with hard boiled eggs. A lot of healthy food is kinda stinky. :shrug:

Kawaii1002
04-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Hey, did you all notice that we're the cool kids? Everyone is starting a thread like ours lol.

OMG.. this is soooo funny... so funny...

murphypuppy
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
So, I'm lurking on this thread and I just have to say what an inspiration all of you are to me. I've been watching you guys since I started in February and it's fun and encouraging to watch your weight loss tickers all go down! I can see, through all of you, what a big payoff that can be mine by sticking on the plan. Thank you!!

Slipfree
04-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Don't lurk, feel free to join in :)

dlr9774
04-11-2014, 10:19 PM
had WI and lost 3lbs! Just to let you know, I was in the city the other day, and a food court, and had the BEST SALAD EVER from Subway. Had the ham and boy was it good. I have dressing packages from Walden Farms.

Kawaii1002
04-11-2014, 10:39 PM
So, I'm lurking on this thread and I just have to say what an inspiration all of you are to me. I've been watching you guys since I started in February and it's fun and encouraging to watch your weight loss tickers all go down! I can see, through all of you, what a big payoff that can be mine by sticking on the plan. Thank you!!

Murphy,

Welcome to the club! :) We're all here for each other, so there's no need to lurk! Hope to hear from you again soon.

Kawaii1002
04-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Today I weighed myself.. Frankly, I could give a hoot less if it's what the scale at my coaches said... I am "officially" 50% of the way through my weight loss journey.. 117.8lbs down, 117.6 to go... I could cry.. I'm so stinking proud of myself.. and so happy.. I never thought I'd get this far.

Never thought I'd get to a point where I "only" had to lose 100lbs (ok so I'm rounding by 17.6lbs). Just wanted to share, not EVERYTHING is bad! I actually was able to keep down 813 calories today too! Maybe things are on an upswing again :)

Slipfree
04-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Congrats dlr!

Kawaii, even the tough parts are good lately. Amazing how having control over one part helps most of the rest, particularly our attitudes.

Mbitsa7
04-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone new here! Started in Ideal Protein10 days ago and feel great so far!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wrmU4l2/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrmU4l2/)

Kawaii1002
04-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Slip,

That's exactly right. My attitude has been kinda stinky lately. I've been avoiding posting so that I didn't come across as a negative nancy or a "woe is me girl". I was frustrated at the situation outside of my control, and was angry that it was happening *now* (like medical issues can be timed).

That being said, I had a long talk with a few friends today and they helped me get my head on straight. I'm moving in the right direction.. which is getting healthier!

:hug: to all!

Slipfree
04-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone,

The sun is shining. It is the first day of spring break for me. Couple of social events this weekend, a birthday and Palm Sunday brunch with my whole extended family. The party is a little unknown, because it is at a restaurant/ country club. I will bring tea bags, dressing and if worse comes to worse- I will just eat when I get home.

I hope that you have a great OP day. Remember- attitude and actions are everything.

want2bskinnyagain
04-12-2014, 09:59 AM
dlr: I have had Subway salads, they are tasty. Goood job at WI!!!

Kawaii: You are doing so amazing! My attitude has been stinky lately too, that is when I know I need this board and these people more then ever. I don't post as much but I am here alot more reading. Half way to goal, that must make the motivation and attitude improve! Keep going, you will get there.

Welcome to the new comers!

Wow, what a busy week! My hours at my second job will probably be getting cut back since I am working myself out of work. Which is a good and a bad thing. Oh well, we will see what happens. My motivation is returning, I hope it comes and stays until I reach goal! LOL. DH and I are off to buy some new pants today, hopefully we can find some nice ones. Wish me luck! Have a great weekend everyone.

stephascope
04-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Here are my before/after photos. I'm really happy with my results and look forward to maintenance. Thank you all for your support and can't wait to see you reach your goals!

http://www.picisto.com/photos/picisto-20140412113748-392640.jpg

Kawaii1002
04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Here are my before/after photos. I'm really happy with my results and look forward to maintenance. Thank you all for your support and can't wait to see you reach your goals!

You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going to manage maintenance. Just stick with talking to your friends here. We're all here for you!!! :) Congrats on "graduating"!!

Kawaii1002
04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
So I went for a WI today. I was really emotionally struggling with the fact that I slipped yesterday. First time in 28 weeks. I've talked to Kooky and Stephascope ad nauseum about this, but I was still feeling a bit out of sorts. My cheat? A cup of nonfat yogurt. 80 stinking calories/12 grams of protein, but way too many carbs. What I did yesterday is what I did yesterday. It doesn't change what I do today. No more beating myself up for the past. Got on the scale expecting not great numbers since I've been all over the place with food whether it's staying or going or what have you.

Down 13.2lbs!!! (8.8lbs of that was retained "water"). I'm really officially (even according to my coaches lol) past the 50% mark. I only have 115.4lbs to go.. I don't really look at that number as a whole. It's 4.5 more "25lb challenges". I can TOTALLY manage that!!!

Today I'm actually sort of feeling better.. less pain, and I am sitting out in the sun. Going to go to the movies with my hubby and a friend later. :) I have a snack to take with me so I don't miss the popcorn experience. Back OP. I'm going to make this work.

Slipfree
04-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Kawaii, girl give yourself a break. You are rocking this!and you are dealing with a pretty serious medical issue. Acceptance of the circumstances is part of this bumpy path. I am sure that the coach told you to chill out and do what your capable of digestively. This too shall pass.

KookySuki
04-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Steph- Congrats on graduating to maintenance! You look incredible!

Kawaii- Wow..awesome WI! I'm so happy for you that you continue to succeed even though you've been dealt some painful and stressful health issues.

Slipfree
04-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone,

Nice time at the party. Behind on all my food, because there was nothing there to eat. Water was my friend.

Hope you are all well! Luccilove, are you home yet? Friend posted pictures of the Cherry Blossoms, gorgeous.

dlr9774
04-12-2014, 10:23 PM
So I went for a WI today. I was really emotionally struggling with the fact that I slipped yesterday. First time in 28 weeks. I've talked to Kooky and Stephascope ad nauseum about this, but I was still feeling a bit out of sorts. My cheat? A cup of nonfat yogurt. 80 stinking calories/12 grams of protein, but way too many carbs. What I did yesterday is what I did yesterday. It doesn't change what I do today. No more beating myself up for the past. Got on the scale expecting not great numbers since I've been all over the place with food whether it's staying or going or what have you.

Down 13.2lbs!!! (8.8lbs of that was retained "water"). I'm really officially (even according to my coaches lol) past the 50% mark. I only have 115.4lbs to go.. I don't really look at that number as a whole. It's 4.5 more "25lb challenges". I can TOTALLY manage that!!!

Today I'm actually sort of feeling better.. less pain, and I am sitting out in the sun. Going to go to the movies with my hubby and a friend later. :) I have a snack to take with me so I don't miss the popcorn experience. Back OP. I'm going to make this work.

KAWAII - you are doing fabulous! We at time have slip up's. I've been there, you beat yourself up, feel bad, shameful. Move on, give yourself some credit and get back OP!;)

Slipfree
04-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi,

So, thanks to the inspiration of some friends, I ate 4 cups of cucumbers with my Evoo and 2 packets at 10:00 last night. Caught up on the food, but then had to stay up late to meet the eating x hours before bed rule. Glad I did it, because I did feel physically better after eating. In 6 months, I have been to at least 40 parties and events at restaurants and houses and this had never happened. Catered parties complicate things. There was a salad, but the only thing in it that we could eat was iceberg lettuce. There were veggies but they were smothered in butter. Oh well, I survived and would not have missed my friend's surprise.

want2bskinnyagain
04-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Steph: You look AMAZING!!!!! Congrats on getting to goal, so proud of you.

Kawaii: That is awesome, you CAN totally do this. Enjoy the movie.

Slip: Good for you for sticking to plan and doing what you had to. Your thinking has come along way since Oct., and will be a huge help in maintaining.

Went to a party last night and another lady that is on IP was there so we had a good chat about it. She has the same tummy issues of lose skin in that area and wondering if it will ever go away. For me I don't even care if it goes away, just shrinks more would be great with me. I know it will only be DH and I who see me naked so I shouldn't be so worried but...Anyone else have parts of their bodies they don't like now?

Yesterday while shopping I realized that I don't have to buy clothes JUST because they fit, this is new for me. I had to stand in the dressing room and process that for a minute, tried to figure out how many years it had been since I wore regular sizes. I figure it was around 1998-2000. Wow, that was an eye opener. Usually while shopping I would buy anything that fit because it was so hard to find clothes. I think shopping is going to be a whole new experince for me.

KookySuki
04-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Slipfree- You have done so well with all of the events you've attended! I think you've got it down.

Want2be- My stomach is my main problem area, but I've still got about 40 more lbs to lose so I'm not sure how it will end up looking. I'm much happier with it now than when I started IP for sure! I'm worried about stretch marks in that area too. They've faded into white, but I hope that goes away eventually.

I'm happy that shopping has become a much more positive experience for you. I love having more options too. I just need to be careful not to become a shopaholic.

I'm excited I weighed in this morning at 181.4! This unofficially puts me at the 60 lbs lost mark. This was at home which is usually a little more than the IP clinic scale. I'm hoping to lose more before my WI this Weds. I think drinking more water is helping.

stephascope
04-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the 'grats everyone. I'm so happy that I lost the weight and am feeling confident heading into maintenance. It's a bit weird to get out of the "diet" mode. I am doing phase 1 today to correct the "fun" eating I did on Friday and Saturday. It actually feels good to have the control of a phase 1 day. This is going to be the new norm I guess.

want2beskinny - My problem area tends to be my extremities - arms and legs. I was thinking once I lost the weight and could maintain it that I would get plastic surgery to snug up my upper arms because I hate them so much.

Pretty soon you will want to buy everything you try on because it will fit properly and look good! This is the problem I had on my trip to LV. Spent a lot of moola!!!

Kooky - Congrats on the 60 lbs! You gotta be feeling awesome this morning! Scale victories in the morning make for pretty great days!

Slip - You have such a great attitude about IP. I felt sorry for myself quite a few times in social situations when I couldn't eat with everyone else. I have been a hermit for the past 6 months to avoid the temptation and frustration. You will be wildly successful in maintenance!

LUCCILOVE
04-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Hello IP Friends --

I am back in DC. Weather is amazing here. Just got back from house hunting. Not much out there right now. Yesterday did a yard sale in my community and sold some of my clothes. Made a little money.

Steph--thanks for sharing the photos-u look so awesome. I really liked seeing the size differences. It started to make me think what my goal should be. I really like how you look at 138ish. I am thinking maybe that might be a size for me as well. I even showed my hubby your before and after photos. For some reason it seemed to be a nice visual guide for me. thanks for doing that.

Parts of my body I dont like at this point is of course my lower stomach area and for some reason sort of above my knees. near my inner thighs - lots of flab there. Noticed this when I tried on shorts the other day. LOTS of flab under my arm. At this point I dont care too much - and neither does my hubby.

Trying to be real good this week since I might have gained some weight visiting the folks. It is nice to be back in my routine to be on track.

Kooky -- congrats on 60lbs that is fantastic!!! So proud of u.

LUCCILOVE
04-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Never got clothes from them but this is a great deal if you need a new wardrobe. I might take a peak

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1356714/

Slipfree
04-13-2014, 11:04 PM

Wow! You look fantastic :) So happy for you. :bravo:

Slipfree
04-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Funny, but these past two days of social events have been my most messed up! Ate OP at my parents, but we started at 2:00 and I just got home. Trying to catch up on some of the food I missed is hard. Never thought the party would go on so long, but it was so much fun! My niece asked me to go wedding dress shopping with her this Friday, so excited. The entire family had a relaxed and wonderful time.

Though sometimes, I would like to head smack people who are trying to give compliments about my weight loss. My fav. Uncle was telling me how great I look. He said, there has always been a beautiful girl, yearning to get out and now she is here. I looked him straight in the eye and said, I never felt- not beautiful. But you are right, I am happier because I feel healthier.

Slipfree
04-14-2014, 09:36 AM
SV here-when I started IP, I made up a visual chart the boxes were filled with weight numbers from 237-172. Every time I weighed in, I would use a copper colored paint pen to cross off the result number. Today, I crossed off the last number!!!

want2bskinnyagain
04-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Slip that is so wonderful! So proud and happy for you. :cloud9: As for your uncle...I think people sometimes want to comment on the weight loss they just don't know what or how to say it. I think for me, I like for people to say something rather then nothing.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and we ALL see losses this week.:hug:

LUCCILOVE
04-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Slipfree. So happy for you. You are our leader and a true supporter for all of us. So proud of you

Slipfree
04-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks Want2b! My week is looking exciting. Going to my clinic for a seminar on Thurs. with Kawaii, wedding dress shopping for my niece on Fri and then heading to DC overnight on Sat to catch the end of the Cherry Blossoms.

I think it is how the comment is said. I did feel beautiful before. I was proud of myself for speaking up in response. I was also cognizant of the fact that when I was heavier, his comment would have hurt me. Now, I understood that his intention was good.

The last 7 pounds must have made a big difference because my family said tons of nice things and I saw most of them in mid March. I really can not see it, so am hoping the phantom fat class will help me get my head around it.

As for parts of my body that I am hoping will tightening up- upper arms. Have the most skin there. Some of the vets here say that it takes a while for the skin to rebound.

How was your weekend, Want2b? Are you feeling any better about this journey?

Wow Luccilove, Thanks!

Update: DC trip is off :( They want 356 dollars for each train ticket. Too much for overnight!

Jig
04-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey everyone,

Glad to hear about all of the successes and positive things going on. Great photos Steph! Congrats! I had a great weekend with friends and family in Seattle. They were all quite shocked to see me and were very interested in the program and went above and beyond to make sure that all of our meals had healthy options available to me. I also wanted to share with them so I grilled chicken breasts with just a few basic seasonings and they all really enjoyed them so it was fun to share.

In my weigh in on Friday I was only down a pound which was ok but also kind of surprising. However, my BCA showed that I had gained 5 lbs of muscle and lost 6 lbs of fat. Those numbers may be a little inflated but it definitely shows trends in the right directions!

I have had a few other great NSV's in the past few days as well.My roommate and his dad have been hiking this mountain trail close to my house for several months now and I've wanted to go, but I just didn't have the courage to think I could make it up. They have encouraged me several times to try and if we have to turn around then it's no problem. We'll just keep trying it. I finally got the courage to go and I ended up going on the day they go up the steepest/hardest trail, which is a little over a mile long They say making it up in 30 min is a good pace. We made it up in 27 including maybe 2 min of rest for water and a quick breather. I was very proud of myself and my coach gave me permission to do it once a week so I'm going to continue doing it!

Slipfree
04-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Jig, I always like reading your NSVs because they make me smile :D I just want to break out into the song, Climb every mountain! Sounds like a triumphant week.

Jig
04-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks Slip! I don't know which ones I like more, the scale victories or the nonscale ones haha. I'm just excited about the totality of all of us improving our health!

KookySuki
04-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Lucci...welcome back! Glad you're finally getting some nice weather and that you got to sell some of your clothes. :)

Slipfree- So excited for you getting to cross off that last pound! You're in the home stretch and you're going to rock maintenance!

Jig- Congrats on your hike! That's awesome! There are lots of hikes I'm looking forward to doing once I get in better shape. Walking feels a lot better at this point after losing 60 lbs, so I think I'll stick with that and the elliptical to train to do hillier and eventually mountain hikes. :woops:

want2bskinnyagain
04-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Slip: I am feeling better about my journey, thanks for asking. Back on track and looking foward to the 160's! I have to keep better track of my cycles, I have realized that I have no motivation and want to eat anything in site 2 weeks before TOM. Seems weird to me to have PMS 2 weeks before but I guess it is what it is.

Jig: Sounds like your weekend was a success, nice to have supporters! Great job hiking. We hiked once while in Oahu, it was such a great feeling to know that I did it. Proud of you, soon you will be running up there!

Kooky: It is a good idea that you have hikes you want to eventually do, keeps us motivated. I think I may have to give that some thought.

Slipfree
04-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Want2b- glad that you are feeling better. I too, am looking forward to the 160s. Have not seen those numbers since high school. Agree with you on the pms too.

Made a cabbage and chicken stir fry tonight similar to moo shu chicken. Also made some spicy ginger Tazo tea into ice tea with a little vanilla stevia. On Sat., I bought some Popsicle forms at HomeGoods. Today, I froze strawberry banana rtd. One bottle made two pops. Nice treat.

dlr9774
04-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Had a good workout today, was really working good, and wanted to be there! That's a good and rewarding feeling. We all know we don't always feel like doing it, but today was GREAT! Headed to Winnipeg, Manitoba for the weekend for some Easter R and R! Can't wait to have lost 50lbs, that achievable - and a good goal to reach and then set another goal! It was nice to get to the 230's and know motivated to get to the 220's. I know most of you are a lot smaller, but you get the jist of the scale and my plan!

dlr9774
04-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Want2b- glad that you are feeling better. I too, am looking forward to the 160s. Have not seen those numbers since high school. Agree with you on the pms too.

Made a cabbage and chicken stir fry tonight similar to moo shu chicken. Also made some spicy ginger Tazo tea into ice tea with a little vanilla stevia. On Sat., I bought some Popsicle forms at HomeGoods. Today, I froze strawberry banana rtd. One bottle made two pops. Nice treat.

SLIPFREE thanks for the suggestion of making popsicles from the RMD Mango!:p

Kawaii1002
04-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Checking in, taking things one day at a time. I'm chugging along OP. I go see the surgeon on Wednesday, so hopefully soon this will be behind me and I will be back to working out and feeling chipper..

Slipfree
04-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Dlr, Your 50 pounds mark will be here in no time. You have exactly the right approach- achievable goals. I have made mine- 10 pound increments. In June 2013, I weighed 250 (I had lost 13 pounds prior to starting IP) setting small goals has been vital to staying on track.

Glad that you are going to try the frozen pops.

Slipfree
04-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

So time for a little work:

1. What is your next goal on our journey?

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds?

3. Do you have any fears/ concerns?

4. What do you think has contributed to your success?

5. What is your favorite new clothing item so far?

Slipfree
04-15-2014, 11:51 AM

My next goal is getting into the 160s

The best thing that has happened is that my blood pressure is 114/74
without medication. Those first size 10s were fun too.

I am not too thrilled with the texture of some of my skin and hope it
tightens up some. I am nervous about phase 3 because I do not like
breakfast early in the morning

Planning and being prepared. Setting a plan in my mind before any
any event and sticking to it. Changing up my food choices and being
creative with my cooking. Reading and posting on these threads.
Feeling emotionally committed to all of you and your success. Your support!

a pair of loose boyfriend jean capris and a blush colored tunic shirt

Jig
04-15-2014, 12:26 PM
These are always fun

I'm attending a wedding in June for one of my oldest friends. I would like to be at 260 by then (I'm at 285 right now). This would put me at 100 lbs lost and within 10 lbs of my first major milestone, which is to get down to what I weighed as a senior in high school playing football.

The best thing is easily just how much better I feel. I always have more energy, I can do things without running out of breath and sweating to death. I push myself to do better constantly. I also enjoy when I see people I haven't seen in awhile and they are blown away by how I look.

My greatest concern is that I will become complacent and stop progressing. I have down well for over half a year now, but I do know that I get tired of the same old food and every once in awhile revert back to unhealthy choices. Changing your lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. I spent 26 years being unhealthy, it's hard to change those ingrained habits.

I am a firm believer that success breeds success. Every time I enjoy a new scale or non scale victory, I am only encouraged to keep moving on. I will hopefully soon be in uncharted territory for me as an adult and that is an exciting prospect.

I have yet to buy anything new since starting the diet. I've always kept old clothes in the hopes that I might one day fit into them. I've been doing a lot of closet shopping. So far it has worked out well for me. Prior to the diet I was wearing size 46/48 jeans. Now I'm in a 40 and even they are fairly loose. I don't have any 38s in my closet so I might have to go jean/pant shopping soon.

want2bskinnyagain
04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
dlr: Getting to the next 10's(230,220etc) is always exciting. Good for you. Have a great Easter weekend.

Kawaii: Good luck at the surgeon tomorrow, hopefully they get you in soon.

Slip: How is your spring break? Getting time to relaxing? Thanks for the homework, I love those!!!

My next goal would have to be 65lbs lost, and I am almost there. That seems like such a large amount of weight. Not sure why that number has stuck in my head but it has been there for a while now. The goal after that is 160lbs. That is the number my Dr. told me I should stop at, but I'm not.

The way I feel about myself. I never felt beautiful before, I now feel like the ugly duckling turning into the swan. My attitude about myself is changing, my confidence is growing. All good things.

I fear that I will not be able to maintain and will gain the weight back. Also the tummy flab that is hanging around there, my fear is it will always be there. Only time will tell for both of these.

I think the support I get from my family, friends and Oct. Newbies! Couldn't/wouldn't have done it with out all of you.

I don't think I have a favorite new clothing item. I sure do love the feeling of being able to put on smaller clothes. Still hard to believe at times.

Slipfree
04-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Want2b- I am totally relaxing because our weather is terrible. There may even be snow in parts of the state tonight. It's okay, I was pretty exhausted. Never really caught up energy wise after being sick.

Heading out shopping tomorrow, I need some clothes for work! I have been on a splurge, ordered 4 pairs of shorts today. I have not worn shorts in years. The work clothes have been more challenging, still looking.

Slipfree
04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
SNOW in CT on April 15th! Mother Nature is late with her April Fools prank. :(

stephascope
04-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Woke up to snow here too Slip. Not cool, not cool at all!

want2bskinnyagain
04-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Snow here as well. Yuck! Maybe this means we will have a hot summer!

I am down 2.8 this week! Very happy with that since the motivation was lost there for awhile! Still haven't been able to get thru the low's with the belief that my program works for me, I just need to stick to it. Another mental thing to work on.

Slipfree
04-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Want2b, glad the scale is moving for you! I was 171 yesterday too. :) I think there is a need to refresh and renew with this program. Change some stuff up. I have made different dinners, switched some of my IP choices- but I am kind of stuck on the vanilla peanut bar. I am going to buy some new veggies too.

I noticed that my losses are better without the IP choc. brownie. (It has been back ordered) so I need to keep that in mind.

As for motivation, you are 21 pounds from your goal. You have lost 64 pounds in 6 months. That is an amazing accomplishment! You are changing your life forever. Believe me, I had doubts back in Jan. and even last month with 1 pound per week. But every day of making the right choices adds up to getting closer to goal. I am not even focused on getting to goal to have less restrictions food wise. I want the sense of accomplishment and pride that I know will come with sticking to this and doing the work. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, follow your plan, and focus on what you have already been able to do. The rest(motivation) will follow. Until then, we are here for you :hug:

KookySuki
04-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone! It was nice catching up this morning and seeing all of the happy Newbies' posts.

DLR- Great job on working out and congrats on getting close to the 50 lb mark! Do you have anything in mind to celebrate 50 lbs lost?

Want2Be- Congratulations on your loss this week! You're so close to your goal...very exciting!

Sorry about the snow for those who have to deal with that.

I get really excited about each 10 lbs lost. I'm hoping that I will have broken into the 170s when I weigh in today. My next goal would be the 160's, then 150's, then 140!

I would say the best thing to happen is to be happy when I look in the mirror and that I feel more comfortable in my skin. Equal to those feelings, are the more tangible physical rewards- no more back/neck or knee pain, being able to walk up three flights of stairs without getting winded, more endurance/comfort when I walk/exercise.

I'm afraid of stalls in my losses and deep down I think I'm afraid of not maintaining my losses. Although I have those fears, I am confident that I can get through stalls and that I can maintain. I've developed the skills necessary to do both and have great support in place between my dr., IP coach, Oct Newbies, friends, and family.

I've gotten a lot more support and been held a lot more accountable on this program than any other diet I've attempted. The weekly WIs and sessions with my coach hold me accountable and motivate me. My primary dr who owns my IP clinic regularly checks in with me and motivates me. Also, having the Newbies to cheer me on and push me to keep going has been very important.

Skinny cropped jeans in size 10! I also like some J Crew tees and sweaters I bought in Medium! :dancer: Prior to IP, I never dreamt that I'd be back in 10's or medium tops. It's strange because I was in the 160's last time I was in these sizes. I think it's a testament to to the fact that IP keeps muscle and gets rid of fat, so we can look better at a higher weight. Also, it's an anti-inflammatory diet, so I'm not all puffed up and bloated from sugar, alcohol, wheat, etc.

Kawaii1002
04-16-2014, 02:28 PM
So time for a little work:

I'm currently working on my next 25lbs. I don't really have huge goals for myself. I take my losses 25lbs at a time. I'm excited that 250 is coming up, 247 brings me below the diagnosis for "Morbidly Obese". At the same time, it doesn't quite seem real. I'm smaller now than I was in high school.

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds? CLOTHES!!!! Being able to buy clothes that I like for the style of them rather than just because they cover my body. The idea that there are different styles of jeans (boyfriend, capri, skinny, etc.) all of that has been lost on me. I'm getting to a point now where I can try on *some* clothing at regular department stores, but I'm obviously still a plus size.

Biggest complaint/fear that I have is the excess skin. It messes with my head. I know it's a problem, and shapewear can only help so much. I mean when I wear a "slimmer" or something like that it looks like two kittens stuffed inside a sausage skin. It's just unflattering. Yesterday while I was out and about, I tried on a size 18 top. It fit! But because of the extra skin, I couldn't get it. pulled the excess away from my body, and it reaches half my arm length extended. Yeah.. no amount of toning is going to help. And that's just my abdomen.. It's just as bad everywhere else. I'm hoping that my insurance will cover to have some reconstruction done, but it's not a guarantee.

1) Sheer straight up determination. I vowed that I wasn't going to be this way for the rest of my life. That I was worth the changes, worth it to be healthy. This is a BIG change for me. I spent most of my entire life hating everything about me, and the fact that I have come so far mentally and emotionally is a big deal. I finally feel good to be me.
2) THIS GROUP!!! Even when I'm at my worst, whining or whimpering about some such thing, you girls (and guy) have been mentally supportive! I know this is going to sound weird, but "seeing" someone that was around my size start and do this program (Yes Jig, I mean you) was huge (REALLY no puns intended there). Everyone else at my center that I've PERSONALLY met, not just seen their pictures on the board had at most 80lbs to lose. When you've got 200+lbs to go, well, it's a different story entirely. You have to be in "the game" mentally for a really long time.

It's this one outfit.. I got it at Goodwill, but it's so lovely! Cream colored (*GASP* almost white) pants, a green top (two different ones, one a button down, and one a tank top), and a cream colored sweater. It's so springy and makes me happy! Slip, you'll get to see it on Thursday since I am going to wear it. I just need to get shoes to go with all these pairs of Capri pants I got!

Kawaii1002
04-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, follow your plan, and focus on what you have already been able to do. The rest(motivation) will follow. Until then, we are here for you :hug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s Slip.. I love you! This is one of my favorite things.. you reminded me of it. THANK YOU!

want2bskinnyagain
04-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Slip: Thank you so much for the kind words and motivation, it means more then you know.

Kooky: I deal with my weight in 10lb increments as well.

Kawaii: I hear you about the clothes. Last weekend when I was shopping I realized I don't have to buy things just because they fit! What a feeling. And it will only get better for us!!! Jealous that Slip gets to see the new you and outfit!!;)

As slip mentioned I am 21 pounds away from my goal, doesn't seem real. I see the numbers on the scale going down, see the smaller me but still it doesn't seem real. I keep thinking one day I will wake up and be OMG I did this. LOL Anyone else not believe it?

Slipfree
04-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Today, was a very good day. My mom went shopping with me and I spent $250 on really cute clothes :yay: All med. and small shirts, everything I tried on fit and it was fun! Also ordered Ray Ban aviator prescription sunglasses. Figured that I have been working so hard, it is time to enjoy.

It is feeling more real right now, because my logical mind knows that I would have never fit in these sizes and styles.

Loving the answers to the questions!

Sweetness0915
04-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi all, I started my program on October with all of you and in January I lost 64lbs. While going to work one day I passed out. I was so scared of what happened and I didn't continue on the program. During the time I gained 14lbs 😞. I started back on track last week and I lost 8lbs :carrot:. 6 more to go to be at where I left off. I am so proud of all of u guys that stuck with it, u all are amazing! I can only imagine if I continued, where I would be now. Anyway I'm back and ready. I have a big goal which is my wedding day in August. I hope I can lose as much as I did before my big day.

Slipfree
04-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Welcome back Sweetness!!!!

Slipfree
04-16-2014, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s Slip.. I love you! This is one of my favorite things.. you reminded me of it. THANK YOU!

This was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the line. So wanted to be the pretty Jessica as a kid!

Sweetness0915
04-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Welcome back Sweetness!!!!

Thank you Slipfree!

Kawaii1002
04-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Hi all, I started my program on October with all of you and in January I lost 64lbs. While going to work one day I passed out. I was so scared of what happened and I didn't continue on the program. During the time I gained 14lbs 😞. I started back on track last week and I lost 8lbs :carrot:. 6 more to go to be at where I left off. I am so proud of all of u guys that stuck with it, u all are amazing! I can only imagine if I continued, where I would be now. Anyway I'm back and ready. I have a big goal which is my wedding day in August. I hope I can lose as much as I did before my big day.

Sweet!!!!! Welcome back! Good for you for getting back on track and making the choice to join us again! Can't wait to hear from you more often. Good luck on your goals of your wedding day! What day in August?

Kawaii1002
04-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Kawaii: I hear you about the clothes. Last weekend when I was shopping I realized I don't have to buy things just because they fit! What a feeling. And it will only get better for us!!! Jealous that Slip gets to see the new you and outfit!!;)

Want2B, I'll have slip take a picture and I'll post it here either tomorrow night after the meeting, or first thing Friday morning. :)

stephascope
04-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Welcome back Sweetness! Don't worry about time lost. All that matters is that you're back on track!

I enjoy reading everyone's responses to Slip's questions. She scolded me for not doing my homework so here it is:

Maintenance! So far so good. You really have to watch the scale though to see how the change in diet is affecting things. No more turning a blind eye.

Not sure but the funniest thing that happened was when my husband hugged me and said I didn't have any muffins any more. I said "what are you talking about?" and he replied "you, know muffins" while he patted my sides. He meant no more muffin top.

Of course! I think we are all scared of gaining the weight back. I still feel like I gain the 40+ lbs back instantly after I've eaten something "fun".

My doc said my thyroid felt bulky at my yearly physical. Got my blood work done last week and will go in for results on the 25th. I am a bit worried that something is wrong with it as a result of IP?

Will power for the most part. Having to weigh in with my coach weekly. Having others watching me closely, knowing I'm on a diet. And of course, having you guys cheer me on!

I made a few big career changes in the summer prior to IP that allowed me to be home more which really helped. Being home and having more time to meal plan has been paramount. I couldn't imagine trying to do this while working 3 jobs like I was.

Kawaii and Slip have already heard this but I bought EXTRA SMALL scrub pants for work today. 6 months ago I was in the same store looking for LARGE. It's surreal. I don't feel like an extra small. I keep thinking there has been a mistake! I am also thrilled to be rocking my old leather jacket. Seems that the little leather jackets are back in style this year so that was good timing!

Kawaii1002
04-16-2014, 09:47 PM
This was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the line. So wanted to be the pretty Jessica as a kid!
My Favorite Rankin Bass stop animation is "The Year Without a Santa Claus".. I wanted to be Mother Nature as a kid.. I loved the birds in her hair and her green dress with all the flowers..

KookySuki
04-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome back Sweetness! Congrats on getting back on track and On your upcoming wedding. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress and whatever else you decide to post. Are you feeling better physically on the program this time? :)

Slipfree- I'm so happy for you that you had a fun and successful day shopping!

Steph- Yay for extra small scrubs!

I had my WI today. I lost 2.4 lbs, but I'm at 181.6 which puts me exactly at the 60 lb lost mark. I was really hoping to break into the 170's today, but I need to celebrate the 60 lb milestone and let the 170's motivate me for next week's WI.

I had a pretty good day after that. I went shopping and bought some cute jewelry and my favorite shower and bath stuff. Also, I bought a big wine rack to store all of my wine I'd bought prior to IP and haven't been able to drink. I want to make sure it ages well while it waits for me to drink it. :cheers:

My mom and I went to the beach for a bit and did a little bit more shopping. Now it's time to fix dinner. Overall a good day!:)

Kawaii1002
04-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome back Sweetness! Congrats on getting back on track and On your upcoming wedding. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress and whatever else you decide to post. Are you feeling better physically on the program this time? :)

Slipfree- I'm so happy for you that you had a fun and successful day shopping!

Steph- Yay for extra small scrubs!

I had my WI today. I lost 2.4 lbs, but I'm at 181.6 which puts me exactly at the 60 lb lost mark. I was really hoping to break into the 170's today, but I need to celebrate the 60 lb milestone and let the 170's motivate me for next week's WI.

I had a pretty good day after that. I went shopping and bought some cute jewelry and my favorite shower and bath stuff. Also, I bought a big wine rack to store all of my wine I'd bought prior to IP and haven't been able to drink. I want to make sure it ages well while it waits for me to drink it. :cheers:

My mom and I went to the beach for a bit and did a little bit more shopping. Now it's time to fix dinner. Overall a good day!:)

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! 60lbs GONE forever!!!! :) Don't be upset about not making the 170's this week. Gives you something to look forward to next week. Happy dancing carrots for you!!:carrot::carrot:

Slipfree
04-16-2014, 10:05 PM
60 pounds! Shopping! The beach! An amazing trifecta :) Glad you had a great day!

want2bskinnyagain
04-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Sweetness: Welcome back.

Kawaii: A pic would be great!

Steph: Fingers crossed that your thyroid shows nothing. Extra small? Wow. You go girl!! Smile every time you have to put them on!!!

Kooky: Congrats on the 60lbs! That is wonderful.

Slipfree
04-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Scale says 170 this morning! Hoping for 169 soon. I was so afraid that I would not make my goal by the May 17th phase off start, but things are moving in the right direction! Woohoo :)

want2bskinnyagain
04-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Slip: Yahoo the scale is going down!! Remember that some people continue to lose weight on P2. I know you can get to your goal!!!

KookySuki
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone,

Scale says 170 this morning! Hoping for 169 soon. I was so afraid that I would not make my goal by the May 17th phase off start, but things are moving in the right direction! Woohoo :)

Moving right along to your goal! :goodscale

Good Morning Newbies! I'm up too early for a non-work day, but I can't fall back asleep, so I decided to do laundry before I procrastinate.

Slipfree
04-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Want2b and Kooky, see what lowering your stress level (vacation) can do for scale movement!

Busy day today. Going to do some more shopping. I really need some work pants, so I am going to head over to the dreaded mall! I also need some groceries, and will be meeting Kawaii for coffee and our Phantom fat seminar.

KookySuki
04-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Want2b and Kooky, see what lowering your stress level (vacation) can do for scale movement!

Busy day today. Going to do some more shopping. I really need some work pants, so I am going to head over to the dreaded mall! I also need some groceries, and will be meeting Kawaii for coffee and our Phantom fat seminar.

It definitely helps regulate the body. I've heard lower cortisol (stress hormone)= less belly fat.

Re: Your earlier post...I can totally identify with you about being on the precipice of breaking through to another 10 lb milestone (ie 170's, 160's, etc). It's exciting, but it seems like that last lb or two before you cross over takes its sweet time. When do you go back to see your coach? Is it May 17th for the phase off or before that?

Sounds like you have a great day planned! I don't like malls very much either because they get hectic and the parking at our mall here is awful. Shopping is much more fun now, but it is expensive getting a new wardrobe. I'd probably still be buying new clothes if I hadn't lost weight, it just wouldn't be that fun.

Jig
04-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Welcome back Sweetness

Congrats on the 60 mark Kooky!

Kawaii,

"1) Sheer straight up determination. I vowed that I wasn't going to be this way for the rest of my life. That I was worth the changes, worth it to be healthy. This is a BIG change for me. I spent most of my entire life hating everything about me, and the fact that I have come so far mentally and emotionally is a big deal. I finally feel good to be me.
2) THIS GROUP!!! Even when I'm at my worst, whining or whimpering about some such thing, you girls (and guy) have been mentally supportive! I know this is going to sound weird, but "seeing" someone that was around my size start and do this program (Yes Jig, I mean you) was huge (REALLY no puns intended there). Everyone else at my center that I've PERSONALLY met, not just seen their pictures on the board had at most 80lbs to lose. When you've got 200+lbs to go, well, it's a different story entirely. You have to be in "the game" mentally for a really long time."

I'm glad we've been able to help each other! I don't remember where, but I recently heard someone say that any strict form of dieting is almost impossible to stick with for more than 6 months. Well we are past that point and still going strong! Even if it takes us another year or two years we can still reach our goals because we're worth it!

I saw my cousin's family for the first time in 4 months or so last night. I walked in their door and they were pretty shocked to see me. Not sure if I'll ever get tired of that feeling. I'm also excited for my new weekly hike that I decided to start doing. It's raining today but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. If it takes a little longer and I get a little muddy, so be it, you have to push yourself to get the things you want.

Slipfree
04-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I am loving the positive messages here. I think it is amazing that we have built this bond of determination and support. We are experiencing real joy for each other as we conquer the obstacles in our personal journey.

Jig is right, we are over 6 months and rather than see our motivation lagging-it is growing. Our own personal motivation may wan for a bit, but another Newbie picks it up. Every one of us is going to make goal!

I do want us to stop and give Steph some big LOVE! She made it and is thriving in maintenance. I am grateful that she is learning about the next step in all of our journeys. And... She is wearing extra small scrubs!!! You are aMayzing, Steph.

KookySuki
04-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Yay Jig!! I agree with Slipfree that we're going strong at 6 months because every one of us is determined to get healthier and we are supporting each other.:hug:

Congrats to Steph on your extra small scrubs and doing well in your first week of maintenance!:yay:

stephascope
04-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Thank you all for your congrats and kind words. I was definitely smiling today when wearing my x-small scrubs. I made sure to tell my coworkers and they were all very happy for me. They are all skinny minnies so I wasn't worried about gloating a bit lol. I'm loving the freedom of maintenance. Can't wait until you all get there too. It was scary at first but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Treats actually feel like treats now instead of out of control binging all day long. I still keep track of everything I eat in MFP and have started to walk more with the dog.

I got stuck with the patient from **** for 2.5 hours today. Really would love a glass of wine but I'm donating blood tomorrow and pretty sure they don't appreciate that sort of thing lol.

Love to you all!

Slipfree
04-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Steph- yay for resisting the wine and for giving blood.

Fun day meeting up with Kawaii. Learned a lot at Phantom fat class. One line, "every pound has it's story." More tomorrow, when I have my notes.

Hope that you had a great OP day :)

Hiker88
04-18-2014, 12:22 AM
Hey all! I am back from my conference and ready to enjoy a long weekend!! I don't have to travel for over a month now so I'm ready to get busy losing!! Not to mention I will be going to my home town on May long weekend and I haven't seen anyone there since last summer... hoping to shock a few people... jig is right, it never gets old!!

Slipfree
04-18-2014, 02:26 AM
So,this is my progress so far. The before picture is actually 25 pounds lighter than my weight this past June. As of this morning, I am down 80 pounds since June. 67 since starting IP in October. Seeing these pictures side by side has given me even more motivation to get to goal.

IdealProteinNewbie
04-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Slip: Beautiful!

Slipfree
04-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks IPN! After the phantom fat class, I decided to follow the recommendation and acknowledge my journey in pictures. It is time to shine the light.

LUCCILOVE
04-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Slipfree---You look amazing. Great photos. Thanks for sharing with us

Had my WI yesterday lost 1.2 lbs. I will take it since I cheated a bit while in Boston. I was happy when I came back to DC and stuck to IP.

Going on a 1 week cruise Saturday and I will loosely try to stick to P3-that is what is recommended for me to try by my coach. I am going to still take my multivitamins and I have some bars and chips with me. We will see what happens.

I tried the new triple chocolate wafer--it is very good. It tastes amazing if you put in the freeze

Also I hate the new Omega 3 Fish Oil pills - the dark ones. My coach recommended I put them in the freezer this way the smell goes away and it does.

Steph--Congrats on being in P4. I think that is very exciting for you and something well deserved. It is something we can all inspire to get to!

Hiker88
04-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Slipfree, thanks so much for the photos, not only is the progress awesome to see... I love putting a face to the 'nickname'! Very encouraging to see! Although you are hot in the before photo... You are definitely looking hotter these days!!

Kawaii1002
04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Slip,

I'm so stinking happy. I am super privileged to be friends with you in Real Life, not just here online at 3FC. You're beautiful in pictures, and in person. I'm so glad that you had your ah ha moment, and that you're going to let your inner light shine.

Shine on!

lisa32989
04-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Also I hate the new Omega 3 Fish Oil pills - the dark ones. My coach recommended I put them in the freezer this way the smell goes away and it does.
Fish oils that smell fishy actually contain rancid oils and are NOT good for us (they increase all the issues fish oil is supposed to decrease, like free radicals and inflammation)

I learned a LOT about fish oils a couple years ago and only buy high-quality oils that have been well tested by IFOS (http://www.ifosprogram.com/industry-home). Some are available in health food stores and others online (that's were I get mine). All carry the IFOS seal. When I started IP, this was a non-negotiable for me.

LUCCILOVE
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
I realize this. But IP has told me that the new ones (dark in color) smell cause they are made now with krill not because they are rancid. Thanks for the info though.

want2bskinnyagain
04-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Steph: Your comment about "treats actually feel like treats now" made me really think. I have had some treats since Oct and that is how they have felt to me too, before Oct that was the norm. I guess that is how skinny people think!

Slip: Every pound does have a story, can't wait to hear more. You look amazing!! So happy for you.

Hiker: I am sure you will shock more then a few people on May long weekend. I have a family wedding in August and I can't wait to shock some people. So fun!

Lucci: Congrats on the loss this week. Have a great time on the cruise, where are you going?

Kawaii: How did you like the Phantom class? Tell us more!! LOL

So DH got home from a week away last night and all we wanted was to sleep in today, well that worked until 7:30 when his work phone rang! Grr! Oh well, time to start cleaning.

Kawaii1002
04-18-2014, 11:10 AM
A friend of mine posted this this morning on Facebook. It really made me think about something that Slipfree has been saying about her relationship with food. That she doesn't eat for anything except joy. This quote takes it one step farther.

"The very purpose of our life is happiness, which is sustained by hope. We have no guarantee about the future, but we exist in the hope of something better. Hope means keeping going, thinking, ‘I can do this.’ It brings inner strength, self-confidence, the ability to do what you do honestly, truthfully and transparently." - Dalai Lama

Slipfree
04-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Going wedding dress shopping with my niece/goddaughter today. 8 of us are going with her and then out to a fancy place for dinner. Checked the menu ahead of time and thankfully, they have seared tuna. I am 3 ounces away from 169, and I want it bad.

lisa32989
04-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Krill Oil should not have a foul smell either.

IKOS (http://www.ikosprogram.com/consumer-reports.aspx)

Slipfree
04-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Love the quote, Kawaii. And to clarify what joy means to me- it is far beyond being happy. It is something special, an exceptional moment where the indulgence would be part of the experience. These deep joyful moments are rare and that is what I tell myself when I am tempted to use food as a reward or a panacea for life's woes.

Jig
04-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Down another 3 lbs at weigh in this morning! I'll take it! I'm definitely loving this new clinic. Been going there about a month now. They track so much more than just weight. I have zero knowledge of biology and anatomy, so the list of stuff they track is all mumbo jumbo to me. Today my coach was going over my visceral fat rating and what it meant. She told me that for men, she would like to see our rating under 13, and the lower the better. When I first came to this clinic my rating was at 19 and in less than a month it's down to 16, which is important for me since my family has a history of diabetes and other weight related issues. Getting healthier!

KookySuki
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Argh! I just typed out personalized replies to everyone and lost it!

I will shorten it because I don't feel like retyping it all.

I'm happy for everyone's successes this week and hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Generic, I know, but you can blame the internets for losing my nice responses to you. :mad:

LUCCILOVE
04-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Kooky--Have a nice weekend as well.

Slipfree-We leave Sunday from Miami on NCL Epic--we are going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Cozumel, Mexico, and Costa Maya Mexico. We are going because it is my friend's 50th bday cruise. They are flying from LA. They surprised us on my 40th. We are not surprising her but I have goodies planned each night for her-should be fun. Their neighbors and daughter are going too-it will be her 16th bday while on board. We all just want to relax in warm weather.

Cant wait for them to see me and wear my new clothes.

I don't drink at all so I will have one frozen fun drink and toast it to you guys who have given me all the love, support, and hugs I needed to get me where I am today!!! (I mean that by the way)

Happy Passover and Easter to all who celebrate.

stephascope
04-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Slip - I remember a while back saying that I would love to see your progress photos and you told me that you probably would never share them with us on the 3FC forum. You have obviously gained so much confidence and I am so happy and proud of you that you were able to share your photos with us today. You look freakin' fantastic! I'm sure Kawaii had a bit of positive influence in this situation ;) Hope you had fun wedding dress shopping.

Lucci - Have fun on your cruise! Phase 3 is awesome and you might even lose weight if you stick to it 100%. If you don't stick to it 100% - just have a good time and resume with Phase 1 when you get back.

Kawaii - Congrats on the tiny pinky ring!

Jig - Glad to hear you're enjoying your new clinic. Sounds like they have their shiz together.

WB Hiker

want2b - Sorry you didn't get to sleep in. 7:30am would have been majorly sleeping in for me as I'm usually up at 5:30am :P

Kooky - Congrats on 60lbs lost! Holy moly!

Slipfree
04-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Jig. Way to go on the pounds gone forever. Glad that the clinic is a better fit for you. Makes it worth the $$. Great number decrease with the visceral fat!

Luccilove, I want to go on your cruise! It sounds like so much fun and I am tired of being frozen. Showing success to loved ones is exciting and I know that you are going to look fantastic in your new clothes! :hug:

Kooky, whatcha up to this weekend?

Steph, I had an aha moment at the phantom fat class. I have an outgoing personality with a bit of charm thrown in. Not everyone in my life has appreciated my innate confidence, so I think that I worked pretty hard to dim my shine. Not in my career, but def. in my family and love life. When I realized that, I decided that I am going to shine brightly. The people who love me will appreciate it and those who don't are not supportive anyway.

The clinic owner said to look at your progress pictures to help your brain adjust to your new body. She said have someone draw an outline of your body to get a realistic view. Also stand in front of a mirror, close your eyes, put out your hands to the size you think your waist is, then open eyes to see if you are accurate or off base. People who do not work to change the Phantom fat feeling are more likely to gain the weight back, because they think, feel and act like someone heavier.

As for today, my niece is going to be a beautiful bride. She is 5'9 and 135 pounds. She wears a size 4 wedding gown. She looked gorgeous in every dress. Dinner was a challenge. Great food and wine all around me, but I ate clean.

Kawaii1002
04-18-2014, 11:29 PM
Down another 3 lbs at weigh in this morning! I'll take it! I'm definitely loving this new clinic. Been going there about a month now. They track so much more than just weight. I have zero knowledge of biology and anatomy, so the list of stuff they track is all mumbo jumbo to me. Today my coach was going over my visceral fat rating and what it meant. She told me that for men, she would like to see our rating under 13, and the lower the better. When I first came to this clinic my rating was at 19 and in less than a month it's down to 16, which is important for me since my family has a history of diabetes and other weight related issues. Getting healthier!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer3::cheer3:
Jig,

This made me so happy! So glad to hear your losses are continuing :). The visceral fat is the fat that's in and around your internal organs, so it's really important to have that number be "in the green" (that's what my center calls a healthy level). :hug:

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Good morning!

The sun is shining here, it is supposed to get into the 60s today. My scale is down to 170 today for Weekly WI. Couple more ounces until the 160s.

Going to run the roads a little today. Getting some errands done.

Have a fantastic OP day! You are worth every effort. :hug:

Kawaii1002
04-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey all... before I forget, I wanted to post these. I just wrote bullet point notes so that it would be easier to remember this later on. Here they are:

Put clothes on that are from before your weight loss to help retrain your brain into seeing you really are smaller
You have to remember the reasons why you started to eat the stuff that made you overweight. Remembering it helps you to not repeat the past when you get to maintenance.
Study your before and after photos ALOT. This will give you reference points; good and bad. You will see your "flaws" but you will ALSO see the parts of you that look great. From there you can learn to accentuate the positive things, and that will help obscure the things you might not like as much.
Remember that you lost weight to become healthy, not to become a model. Models are unhealthy representations of perfection that we cannot attain. They're airbrushed works of art... not REAL PEOPLE
With a friend, put craft paper up on the wall. Make sure it is wide enough to show your entire outline. Have your friend draw a very tight outline of your body. Then step away from it. It will more than likely be smaller than you imagine yourself. This is something you can do repeatedly as you are going through weight loss, and you will see your shrinking self.
Listen to how you talk to yourself. Think about the things you say. Would you let someone else say the things that you say about yourself to YOU? Personally, this one was really hard for me and I talked about this while at the class. A few years ago, my therapist told me that she wanted me for one week to write down EVERY negative thing I said about myself (even if it was just a thought, not verbalized). In one week I filled an 80 page notebook (one of the little ones that you can carry in your purse). The second step in the activity was harder. For every time I had a negative thought/statement about myself, I had to say something positive. I cannot convey how hard this was. It took me MONTHS.. and I mean months of very hard work. Now, I actually like the person I am, and I don't say quite so many horrible things about me to myself. But if I find I'm having a bad day and being particularly negative, I go right back to that activity of telling myself something that I like, or something positive about myself.

Hope this helps people in some small way. Love all my Newbs!

want2bskinnyagain
04-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Jig: Another great loss!! Your visceral fat rating is dropping, that is great! Keep it up!

Lucci: Have a great cruise and enjoy the heat.

Slip: You are so right about the people loving you for who you are, they will still be there for you. You will find out who your real supporters are, it may be hard at first but more rewarding in the long run. Great job on eating clean with temptaion around you.

Kawaii: Love the notes from the phantom class, some great points to think about.

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi,

Want2b, thanks for the support. It was the hardest challenge so far, 4 courses of delicious gourmet food and wine for 3 hours at one of my favorite restaurants. I just focused on the company and drank a LOT of herbal ice tea.

Today, I went out pants shopping. The tens at JCrew fit but looked too tight. So I guess that I will be waiting until I hit 160. No sense in buying 12s. I did buy myself something that I have wanted for years as my 170 reward, Uggs!

Hiker88
04-19-2014, 10:44 PM
I was at an event today where I saw lots of people I haven't seen in quite awhile... I heard the words "You look AMAZING!" over and over all day!! It was music to my ears!!! I was waving at a friend across the room and she didn't know who I was!! LOL

Slipfree
04-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Yay :yay: Hiker! What a great payoff for all of your hard work. These are the moments to hold on to when faced with a challenge. I am so happy for you.

stephascope
04-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Hoppy Easter friends! :bunny2: :egg: :bunny:

Hiker88
04-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks Slip and good morning! I've had family visiting all weekend and on Friday I cooked a turkey for my sister and bro-inlaw, my parents and an uncle and aunt... Turkey is so easy because first of all, I love it and then I just have a big salad. I have to admit that the stuffing and cream corn looked pretty good but I left it alone!!

Of course my parents are supportive of my weight loss so its not hard to have them here as they don't expect junk food when visiting... they eat pretty healthy anyway... have a great day everyone!!

Slipfree
04-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone,

Happy Easter or Passover! Today's an easy day for me food wise because I am staying home. We celebrate Easter on Palm Sunday, so we can have most of our extended family together. I am glad, because this is my last day of vacation and I get to relax!

I wish you strength and happiness as you navigate the holiday. Remember the satisfaction from the taste of food is fleeting.

Slipfree
04-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Good evening Newbies!

Just made a delicious dinner! Pork tenderloin basted in Dijon with dill, garlic, tarragon, shallots and sea salt. sides: Sautéed mushrooms, roasted fennel and cucumbers with Evoo and cider vinegar. Best part, plenty leftover for tomorrow. Love when I get a break from cooking!

Hiker88
04-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Good evening Newbies!

Just made a delicious dinner! Pork tenderloin basted in Dijon with dill, garlic, tarragon, shallots and sea salt. sides: Sautéed mushrooms, roasted fennel and cucumbers with Evoo and cider vinegar. Best part, plenty leftover for tomorrow. Love when I get a break from cooking!

mmmm, That sounds delish Slipfree, I've been slow cooking a roast and just put the vegis in... can't wait for it to be done... smells wonderful and yes... I look forward to the left overs:)

want2bskinnyagain
04-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Hiker: "You look AMAZING" never gets old! Enjoy the comments.

Slip: Dinner sounds delish!

Went to a friends house for Easter dinner, turkey and lots of veggies, so that was good. Actually glad to not have to cook and for the fact that I don't have any left overs, I LOVE turkey. Probably would have eaten too much tomorrow.

Slipfree
04-21-2014, 06:12 AM
Good morning,

Back to work today. Off to educate the youth :) hope that each of you had a great weekend and are on track for a OP week. Less than a month until my phase off start date!

Hiker88
04-21-2014, 09:58 AM
I have to work today due to a major safety audit tomorrow but the staff has another day off... I will enjoy the peace and quiet without my phone ringing and constant traffic into my office with questions! It should be quite productive....

Kawaii1002
04-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Morning everyone,

Hope you're all having a good OP day! Having myself a quiet reflection day. Got my pre-op testing and stuff done, and I met with the anesthesiologist this morning. I'll be having my surgery tomorrow, and I'll have either my hubby or best friend check in so that you guys know I'm ok. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow I'll be feeling up to posting online :)

:hug: to all who want them..

Oh, Slip, the clothes you gave me? all the tops fit now.. and I'm wearing one of the sweaters.. got LOTS of compliments too.. :D

Hiker88
04-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Morning everyone,

Hope you're all having a good OP day! Having myself a quiet reflection day. Got my pre-op testing and stuff done, and I met with the anesthesiologist this morning. I'll be having my surgery tomorrow, and I'll have either my hubby or best friend check in so that you guys know I'm ok. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow I'll be feeling up to posting online :)

:hug: to all who want them..

Oh, Slip, the clothes you gave me? all the tops fit now.. and I'm wearing one of the sweaters.. got LOTS of compliments too.. :D

We will all be thinking of you!! So glad you have arranged for us to be updated!! I will be checking anxiously!

want2bskinnyagain
04-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Slip: Less then a month till you phase off, gave me goosebumps reading that. So happy for you.

Hiker: Did you have a quiet, productive day? I hope so.

Kawaii: Good luck and glad someone will keep us posted.

Worked this morning, off with my kids this afternoon! And the sun is shining! Got to love it.

Slipfree
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Hi,

Kawaii, so glad that you are enjoying the clothes! We should not be wearing sweaters though :(.

Clothes are so perplexing! The size 10 shorts from American Eagle, 2 pairs fit, 2 longer pairs don't (by a lot). Irritating, because now I have to return them to the store.

Want2b, thanks! I am hoping for 10-15 pounds before the phase off is done. Thankfully, I have had a bit of a whoosh this past week. TOM currently so the numbers should be better next week. My goal is to fit in size 10 easily. (Except those AE skinny Bermudas, that is never going to happen for any girl with hips)
Enjoy your afternoon with your kids. :)

We never have the day after Easter off. Just not a tradition around here.

Hiker, good luck with the audit. Hope you got everything accomplished.

Pretty good day at school. Flew by fast. I am glad that dinner is pretty much ready to heat up. I am tired from going to bed late and getting up at the crack of dawn. :dizzy:

Kawaii1002
04-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Can't sleep.. nervous about tomorrow morning. I desperately want a cocoa, but I've had all 3 packets today. I just "feel better" when I have warm liquids.. I might drink it anyways.. not like I'm going to be able to get my 3 packets in tomorrow! I guess I am a bit more nervous about tomorrow than I thought. I'll be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30, and a friend is going to get in touch with Kooky and Slip.

:hug: Thanks all for being my friend.. feeling a big melancholy.. blargh..

Jig
04-22-2014, 01:53 AM
Good luck tomorrow Kawaii! I'll be sending good vibes your way!

Slipfree
04-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Good morning,

Thoughts and prayers going out to Kawaii! Soon you will be back at spin and Zumba class :).

Everyone else have a wonderful OP day.

Kawaii1002
04-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Hey all! Maddy here. Surgery went well. They were able to do it laparoscopically!!!!! I'll be home later tonight. Had an adverse reaction to the anesthesia. Got really nauseous, so I'll be drinking some Gatorade type stuff so long as its sugar free. The recovery nurses were amazing, they saw my weight loss total and asked if it was a typo.. Told them no, and one of the recovery nurses started to cry. It was a very touching moment. She went out of her way to find foods that were on my meal plan. Even on lots of meds,I remembered to ask about sugar, carbs, fats. Go me!

Hugs to all,
Maddy

Slipfree
04-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Hurray Kawaii! You beat me to the post. So glad that it went relatively well. You will be on the mend in no time at all!

Hawaii69
04-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Glad u r well kawaii! And how nice to have awesome nurses! I'm so happy for u that it's all done.

Jig
04-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Great to hear Kawaii!

Slipfree
04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone,

IP can be so funny. I have weeks where I am not hungry at all, then I have other weeks when I am ravenous. This week is a hungry week. I have to totally talk myself out of a 2nd restricted. It has worked, I even ate lettuce! Going to have a cup of tea and try to go to bed early. Mantra tonight: Need to reach goal, need to reach goal.....

Kawaii1002
04-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Slip,

I believe in you... You're gonna look amazing and feel even better!!!!!!

want2bskinnyagain
04-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Kawaii: Glad everything went well. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Slip: I have weeks like that as well, frustrating. But I have found it is those weeks where I lose more weight, fingers are crossed that it happens with you as well.

Hiker88
04-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Maddy, so happy everything went so well!! Love the teary nurse story too!

Hiker88
04-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Well the safety audit is done and that was a VERY long day!! 13 hours long!! So glad I keep my desk well stocked with IP food cause those S&V chips came in handy at 6:30 when I was starving! Got home at 8pm and made my omelette with some turkey in it and smothered in hot sauce.. mmmm!

Have a good night everyone!

KookySuki
04-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Maddy,so glad your surgery went well and that you're home resting! Wishing you a quick recovery! :hug:

want2bskinnyagain
04-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Hiker: Glad the audit is over, and you were prepared with snacks. Great job!!

WI day for me, I lost 3.4lbs this week. I have lost 67.6lbs in total...AND I am no longer obese!!!!:carrot: I am so happy right now, couldn't have done it with out all the support I have gotten here, you guys are the best. Thank you!!

Hiker88
04-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Hiker: Glad the audit is over, and you were prepared with snacks. Great job!!

WI day for me, I lost 3.4lbs this week. I have lost 67.6lbs in total...AND I am no longer obese!!!!:carrot: I am so happy right now, couldn't have done it with out all the support I have gotten here, you guys are the best. Thank you!!

want2b, great loss this week! You are my inspiration as our stats are so similar... maybe I should bring out the competitive side of me to make sure I keep up to you!! Congrats!

I'm very motivated to see how much I can lose by May long weekend.... I'll be going to the family cabin that's in my home town... I'll be attending my cousin's bridal shower (mom's side) and then there's always a lot of relatives (dad's side) that come out to the cabin to visit. (seriously... I'm related to half the town!!) I want to be down one more jean size by then!! Totally doablle!!

Have a great day everyone:)

Slipfree
04-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Yay! :yay: Want2b is in the 160s!! :woohoo:

Slipfree
04-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Hiker, you can do anything that you set your mind to! You will be a jean size smaller, I have no doubt :). Glad the audit is over.

KookySuki
04-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Want2B- Congratulations on the nice WI and getting into the 160's! You're almost to 70 lbs lost!! :cp:

Hiker- I like your thinking on setting goals in increments like clothing size. You're doing great! I bet you will be sporting that smaller size on your trip!

I had my WI today and lost 3 lbs. I'm officially in the 170's! :) I love milestone losses. I'm trying to focus on 10 lbs at a time or else I feel overwhelmed (like I felt this morning). Fortunately I feel better after my WI. I always feel more uplifted and inspired after my WIs from the feedback/inspiration from my coach and doctor (if I see him).

Kawaii1002
04-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Want2B- Congratulations on the nice WI and getting into the 160's! You're almost to 70 lbs lost!! :cp:

Hiker- I like your thinking on setting goals in increments like clothing size. You're doing great! I bet you will be sporting that smaller size on your trip!

I had my WI today and lost 3 lbs. I'm officially in the 170's! :) I love milestone losses. I'm trying to focus on 10 lbs at a time or else I feel overwhelmed (like I felt this morning). Fortunately I feel better after my WI. I always feel more uplifted and inspired after my WIs from the feedback/inspiration from my coach and doctor (if I see him).

WOOOHOOO KOOKY!!!!! you're into the 170's!!! that's AWESOME!!!!!

Hiker88
04-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Congrats Kooky!

Slipfree
04-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Whoosh Fairy arrived,167 this morning!

stephascope
04-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Congrats Kooky and Slipfree! You ladies are killing it!

KookySuki
04-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Whoosh Fairy arrived,167 this morning!

Yay! Congratulations! :cheer3:

want2bskinnyagain
04-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Hiker: Compitition always makes me do better too. LOL. No matter what you will be looking and feeling wonderful fo May long.

Kooky: Amazing job getting to the 170's!!! Soon to be 160's!!!

Slip: Got to love the Whoosh Fairy!!! Keep up the good work!

The motivation seems to be better, along with my overall mood. Hmmm, may be something to think about next time my motivation leaves me. Have a great day.

Strive for progress, not perfection!

Slipfree
04-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks Everyone!

Seems amazing to be 7 pounds from goal :) That is definitely my motivation. Although, I am not doing anything differently, the body has just decided to cooperate. I am thankful for that! I have not been this weight since senior year in high school.

How are my Newbies? Jig, Sweetness, Wananewme, Luccilove?

Kawaii1002
04-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Hey all,

Managing pain well, now that I got the darn bottle open. Had a rough day today, but over all I'm doing pretty good. Slip, 7lbs away from goal?! That's freakin amazing!!!!!!

Hiker88
04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Way to go Slip!! How exciting... just in time for summer!!

Slipfree
04-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi Hiker, going to start phasing off around May 20th. I am really hoping for 155, but 160 will be fine too. I am wearing a size 10 pant and med.(some small) tops. At 48 years young, I am okay with those numbers. How are you doing? Settling back in after all of your company?

Just got my 80 pound reward, new Uggs. Any new rewards for you?

Hiker88
04-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Hey Slip I'm actually doing great on the IP side of things! What a relief after struggling for a number of weeks... I wasn't sure I was ever going to get my groove back... but its here and I'm not having any struggles!! Yay!! I would love to get into size 10's... we'll see what happens... I'm a pear shape and I'll be happy at whatever size I end up when I hit goal... as long as its at least a 12!! LOL! (I'm just barely in 14's at the moment)

Work will be stressful and crazy till mid May and I just got back from a three hour dentist appointment... (yes, I'm looking for sympathy!!) I'm hoping for a good drop this week but I'll be happy just sticking to the plan and letting my body do its thing... I've definitely learned to trust the process.

Thanks for checking in!

want2bskinnyagain
04-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Slip: 7 pounds away, totally achievable by May 20th. And it is always nice when our body decides to cooperate. Maybe it realized you mean business and were not letting it win this time. LOL

Kawaii: Glad you got the bottle open. LOL. Glad you are well enough to check in and keep us updated.

Hiker: Hugs for the dentist visit. Glad things are still going well and your motivation is strong.

Am I the only one who doesn't reward myself? LOL Other then clothes that were a necessity I haven't bought myself anything for losing weight. I do want to buy myself a Lululemon hoodie when I reach goal. I have never been able to fit into them and have always wanted one. I figure once I get to goal I have earned the high price splurge.

Hiker88
04-25-2014, 08:58 AM
I have no plans to buy any more rewards but I think the dresses I bought in Maui will be my reward when I put them on and they fit!!

Good morning everyone!

Slipfree
04-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Hi all,

I have rewarded the big numbers, 20, 60, 80. I wanted something to remember the moment. 20 was a silver bangle with a quote, 60 was the living room chairs, and 80 was the Uggs. The Uggs are special because I would never have fit my calves in them prior to IP and they are such a splurge $$ money wise.

My stomach is acting up again, bubble gut :(

Slipfree
04-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Where are all of you? Having fun, I hope!

Hiker88
04-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Just on a quick supper break then its back to work... yes, my exciting Friday night!! LOL!

I actually plan to get pretty serious about my exercise when I hit goal. I was planning to buy myself a Garmin watch so I can track my distance, route and speed when I'm out on my hiking trails.. It even comes with a heart rate monitor! After each workout it automatically downloads the data onto your laptop. Every time I look at it I will think of my commitment to keep the weight off!!

My favourite blogger uses one... she's maintained a huge weight loss for quite awhile and writes very 'real' about her struggles and accomplishments daily... give her a read!!

runsforcookies.com

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Slipfree
04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Hiker, will definitely check out the blog, the watch sounds cool. My Friday night plans were changed because of my gut. I was supposed to be at a party. Oh well.

Hope you work passes quickly and your weekend begins soon.

KookySuki
04-26-2014, 01:05 AM

Hi! I'm at home after a pretty busy day- had my car tuned up, my eyebrows done, haircut & highlights. Now just hanging out at home catching up on my DVR'ed shows. The Parks and Rec finale was great! :)

I hope your stomach feels better. :hug:

Maddy (Kawaii) How are you feeling today?

Kawaii1002
04-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Hi! I'm at home after a pretty busy day- had my car tuned up, my eyebrows done, haircut & highlights. Now just hanging out at home catching up on my DVR'ed shows. The Parks and Rec finale was great! :)

I hope your stomach feels better. :hug:

Maddy (Kawaii) How are you feeling today?

Not sure if it's the big C or if I'm having some sort of thing going on, but Devin (the hubby) is keeping an eye on the incisions and such for me because I've been in more pain today than I was the day I came home from the hospital. One of the incision spots looks a little red, and I was not happy about it.. he also said it looks a little inflamed, so I will be calling the dr's answering service and more than likely going in on Monday. I've been checking my temp, and haven't run any fevers at all, but food is still not agreeing with me.

The past two days I've tracked all of 500 calories a day. I've been living on sugar free jello (it's OP according to our center), chocolate drink (super watered down), and premade chocolate pudding. I'm craving toast.. had friends over for playing cards (it was super low key and planned for the past 3 months.. wasn't about to give it up!) and everyone had pizza.. usually it doesn't bother me, but tonight I almost caved and had a piece. Devin was my voice of reason reminding me that if I can't even manage to eat a slice of low fat low sodium deli meat, how should I expect Pizza to stay down? He's right, but in the moment I really wanted it!!!

Doing the best I can with what I can eat, and what my tummy is tolerating, otherwise, doing ok..

Slipfree
04-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Good morning,

It is a rainy Saturday here. I do wonder if spring is ever going to come this year. I need to head to the mall to return those shorts, but I fear that I lack motivation,lol.

Kooky, sounds like a productive day! Getting my hair done next Sat.

Maddy, it did take a few days for my body to adjust. I felt like I was blown up inside with air. You will also feel gassier for a while. FYI eating chicken worked for me. Glad you resisted the pizza :)

Hiker88
04-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Good morning...

Kooky thanks for reminding me that my eyebrows are looking a little bushy! I need to look after that!

Kawaii I hope your recovery goes well... yes, keep an eye on that incision and look after yourself!!

I will be sooo happy when I hit mid May.... I might actually get a lawn put in my back yard by then... its currently too muddy for my dog so letting him out to pee is a pain! I now have major inspections in one week so I'll be going into work for a bit today... why do all the deadlines come at once??? Oh well, my RTD chocolate drink is at the office ready to mix with my coffee so I'd better be on my way! Have a great Saturday everyone!!

want2bskinnyagain
04-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Hiker: I will check out the website too! Thanks. Hope you get a little down time from work this weekend.

Kooky: What a busy day. I am going for a cut and color today. Always makes me feel good.

Kawaii: Glad you didn't cave on the pizza. Sorry you are not feeling well.

Slip: Snowing here today, so I understand your not wanting to go out! LOL

KookySuki
04-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Kawaii, I'm sorry to hear about the pain and not being able to eat. Sending you healing thoughts! I'm glad you didn't let the surgery get in the way of your card night. I hope you still had fun despite the pain and pizza temptation. Pizza is my weak spot. Good job on resisting the temptation. I bet that would have sent your stomach into all kinds of distress.

Slipfree- Is your lawn and garden looking lush with all of the snow and rain? We actually got rain yesterday which is great because it's keeping things green. The small amount of rain doesn't help the drought much, but at least the lanta are getting a little more water. Is your stomach feeling better?

Hiker- Hope you get some relief from your workload soon. I admire your ability to stay OP woth such a busy schedule and traveling so much. Do you have certain go to meals or items you order at restaurants since you travel so much?

My friend, her daughter, and her mom are visiting in a couple of weeks, so there will definitely be some dinners out. I'm excited for their visit. I met them on their vacation last year in San Diego and we had a great time.

Want2B- Sorry to hear about the snow! I hope you have a nice, relaxing day.

Hiker88
04-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Hiker- Hope you get some relief from your workload soon. I admire your ability to stay OP woth such a busy schedule and traveling so much. Do you have certain go to meals or items you order at restaurants since you travel so much?

Hey Kooky, I don't eat a lot of red meat at home so when I go out its usually steak with no oils and I've given up on seasonal vegis as they are usually carrots and things so I just ask them to totally cover the steak in mushrooms.. Its a nice treat. Unfortunately a lot of my conferences includes buffet lunches. There's usually some meat I can eat and at least one day there's a salad. It can be a challenge to get all my vegis those days but I do the best I can. I also like to order halibut or salmon on occasion.

A little tip: If you order the steak sandwhich with no bread... just the steak.. its usually way cheaper and its usually a 6 oz steak which is smaller than the others on the menu... then I don't have to worry about eating more than I should.

Slipfree
04-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Just dropped off some more things at the consignment shop. Also, hit Marshall's. And bought shoes and a couple of shirts. The navy blue eyelet pants arrived from Banana Republic and the 10s fit great. I have always had a hard time with dress pants because of my curves, but my body seems to be different after IP.

This morning I went through all of my bras from the last time I was close to this weight, too big! I am now a 34dd. This is going to take a while because bras are so expensive.

Slipfree
04-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Kooky, the garden is slow. It has been so cold here. The red bud tree has not even flowered yet, it does this before it get leaves. There has not even been one day that I have had my coffee out on the deck. I NEED some warmth soon.

Want2b, I did not make it to the mall! I hate going there. I need to return those shorts though. Will have to hit it after school this week. Sorry that it is snowing:(

As for my Stomach, it is bouncing between the C and the opposite. Neither is a happy place :(.