Metabolic Research Center - MRC April 2014

View Full Version : MRC April 2014

skelley331
03-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Wow hard to believe it's april 1st tomorrow, I went ahead and got the new month started!

April fools day tomorrow everyone beware !! :p

selway
04-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Wow, I can't believe it is April 1st already! I only lost 1 lb last week, but I had expected a small loss. I was craving salt all last week and had peanuts 3 or 4 days. Not many, but with salt. Jillian Michaels (Body Revolution) is pounding it out of me this week :). The program switches every two weeks and this was a new week for me - TOUGH!

I am glad to hear that everyone is hanging in there. Have a great day!

Sandra - Welcome!!!

selway
04-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Sorry - quick question. Does anyone take the MSM and how much do you take per meal or per day?

angiemd1975
04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm new, so pardon me if I post in the wrong place. I'm just wondering how to maneuver on here. I did the MRC diet a little over a year ago and lost 50+ pounds. I wanted to start up again, but I can find my menus. A post I found on Google said the menus are posted in a folder marked "help". But I can't find that either. PLEASE HELP

skelley331
04-01-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm new, so pardon me if I post in the wrong place. I'm just wondering how to maneuver on here. I did the MRC diet a little over a year ago and lost 50+ pounds. I wanted to start up again, but I can find my menus. A post I found on Google said the menus are posted in a folder marked "help". But I can't find that either. PLEASE HELP

I have not heard of such a folder but you can call your local center or the center you went to before and they should give you copies.

geo56
04-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Selway, I must be taking everything else but that. Lol. What does MSM stand for? Just curious, sorry I can't help you.

AshleyRae
04-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I weighed in yesterday and am down 1 pound (well, 3 actually, but I was up two last weigh-in). I'm FINALLY back to pre-pregnancy weight! So, I called for my medical records to find out how much I've lost since the baby was born. You guys, I gained SO MUCH weight! I just learned that with a 1/2 month to go before her arrival, I'd already gained almost 70 pounds!!! But, it's all gone now. YAHOO!!!!!!!
Now, it's time to see if I can crush the rest of my 17 weeks, and maybe lose another 10 or so pounds. :)

skelley331
04-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Benefits of MSM
Inhabitation of pain impulses along nerve fibers (analgesia)
Lessening of inflammation
Reduction of muscle spasm
Softening of scar tissue
Proper insulin function
Weight loss
Often significant relief from pain and stiffness associated with arthritis Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis
Necessary for the formation of connective tissue to maintain join flexibility and elasticity
Improves circulation replaces old cells with new healthy cells
Breaks up calcium deposits along with the use of magnesium powder
Improves the skin, hair and nails

selway
04-02-2014, 03:21 PM
angiemd1975 - the folder was likely deleted as it is illegal to share their coprighted menus. If you call your center, I'm sure they will be happy to send you the menus that you used.

geo56 - MSM is methylsulfonylmethane. :). It seems to help me with joint pain/stiffness. I was wondering if I take too much, however, and was curious what dose others take.

AshleyRae - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to say that I have lost that much weight!

Mine is coming off slower this time, but I'm OK with that. I think I lost 85 lbs in 100 days the first time I did MRC and maybe it was too easy.....I am having to work for it now!

skelley331
04-02-2014, 05:13 PM
selway: I have joint problems also but didn't know about MSM, it says to take one a day, what do you take? My lbs are coming off slow too but I'm kinda glad, my skin doesn't look so loose

Ashley Rae: Congrats on the loss, any pounds lost is good! :)

geo56
04-02-2014, 10:47 PM
I take glucosamine and prescription Meloxicam for my knees. I wonder if this would be better.
Thanks Skelley and Selway. I will ask about it at the center on Friday.
In this weeks newsletter they were advertising another product called 5 HTP.
5HTP Helps...
Relieve Insomnia
Control Appetite
Improve your mood
Calm Anxiety
Reduce symptoms of PMS, Fibromyalgia, and Headaches
Has anyone taken this?

selway
04-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Geo56 - I haven't tried that one. I 'll have to read about it.

Skelley331 - I was taking two a day but just cut back to one to see how I feel. No particular reason, just checking to see if I can get by with less pills.
:)

skelley331
04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
I take glucosamine and prescription Meloxicam for my knees. I wonder if this would be better.
Thanks Skelley and Selway. I will ask about it at the center on Friday.
5HTP Helps...
Relieve Insomnia
Control Appetite
Improve your mood
Calm Anxiety
Has anyone taken this?

geo56: I took the 5HTP but gave me bad dreams :dizzy:

raven59
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Happy April, everyone and wishing you all success this month. The 130's are in sight and hopefully I'll see them for my birthday this month. That would be a great gift to myself. Slow but steady is my weight loss, too, but still on plan so I know it's working.

skelley331
04-03-2014, 01:49 PM
raven59: Awesome you go girl! Congrats on your losses!

struggling Nicole
04-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new again here. I did MRC in 2010 and lost almost 50 lbs. Shortly after I found out I was pregnant. I did great during the pregnancy and for a good time after, but life took a turn for my middle child and I quickly fell off the wagon. After his brain surgery I hit rock bottom but thankfully knew where to turn. I started MRC again two weeks ago and am so glad I did. This program really works and this forum is such a big part of my initial success. I hope it can be again. Thanks!!!!

raven59
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Skelley, back at ya!

skelley331
04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
struggling Nicole: Welcome back, I'm so sorry to hear about your son and I pray he's okay now. This forum is great and has been a huge support for me and others here. You are so right, this program does work! :carrot:

geo56
04-03-2014, 10:35 PM
geo56: I took the 5HTP but gave me bad dreams :dizzy:

Skelley, I sure don't need bad dreams! Thanks for the heads up!

hatethesweatpants
04-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Welcome, strugglingnicole! You can do it!

skelley331
04-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Well I'm not sure what is going on with me, I didn't go weigh in this morning because when I got on my scale this morning I was up 2 lbs, this week has been a struggle for me, I've been off and on plan all week, this happened to me the first time I did MRC, why can't I stay on track and do this the right way!! I can't seem to get past the night cravings, I find something that works but seems to only work for a few weeks. Don't know what to do. :mad:

Going4Fit
04-05-2014, 01:42 AM
5HTP Helps...
Relieve Insomnia
Control Appetite
Improve your mood
Calm Anxiety
Has anyone taken this?

I haven't been to the center in quite some time; didn't know they were offering 5HTP now. I buy it at Costco. I learned about it from a book called The Diet Cure by Julia Ross. Anyway, I bought it because even though I had no cravings and wasn't hungry while on plan, I was cranky. I felt like an addict who'd had their fix taken away. I could no longer use food to soothe, after all. For me, the 5HTP seems to be working. And I haven't experienced any negative side effects.

skelley331
04-05-2014, 09:49 AM
going4fit: Hello glad to see you back here also! My center always had the
5HTP but it was more expensive than the local stores! If I remember it gave me bad dreams if I took it at night, I think the diet cure mentions taking it in the afternoon, what time do you take it?

AshleyRae
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I weighed in yesterday and was down another pound and almost 10 additional inches. Yay!

Just curious: Does anyone have a big present for reaching goal? Are you planning on a whole new wardrobe? Are you planning a vacation? Are you going to get a full makeover?

skelley331
04-05-2014, 08:56 PM
AshleyRae: congrats on your loss! This is my second go around and I never reached my goal the first time, so I'm hoping to reach it my second time around, been having some struggles just like I did the first time! I would settle to reach my goal weight!!!

raven59
04-05-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm on a plateau but fortunately, it isn't getting to me. I'm mentally prepared for as long as 2 weeks, so hopefully, I'll see some movement in that time frame. I'm working out, lifting weights and also doing some light cardio, so we'll see what happens. Last go round, I was pretty active, too, and didn't have any problems losing even with exercise.

Skelly: Hang in there!! I don't know why it happens, but it seems that when goal is in sight, it gets challenging to stay on plan. I'm like you, my challenges are almost always in the evenings. Maybe you could save an HNS for an evening treat, and then serve it in something really special and take your time savoring each bite; followed with a couple cups of hot tea. That seems to work for me. Sometimes I just have to get out of the house and away from the kitchen. Also, some of the emotional stuff seems to surface when the comfort foods aren't there to distract. Journaling isn't a bad idea. Anyway, be strong, I know you can do it. Goal is in sight!!

geo56
04-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Good evening everyone!
I too have seemed to hit a plateau. Just .5 lb this last weigh in. Of course it could have been the scale. The centers regular one was broken and they had to use another one. But my scale at home shows a plateau as well. They are going to change up my menu on Monday. I wonder what that will be?
Have a great evening!

skelley331
04-06-2014, 10:46 AM
raven59: thanks for the support! I have the hot chocolate that I drink at night by suggestion of my center. I think there are times I just want something different! But I will get there sooner or later! Hang in there your plateau will break!

geo56: this will pass, seems like they always do, not sure what the center will change up but I will be interested in knowing what they do for you.

I stepped on my scale this morning and was down 1.4 lbs of the 2lbs I gained so that's a blessing! Had a good day yesterday:carrot:

Going4Fit
04-06-2014, 09:07 PM
going4fit: Hello glad to see you back here also! My center always had the
5HTP but it was more expensive than the local stores! If I remember it gave me bad dreams if I took it at night, I think the diet cure mentions taking it in the afternoon, what time do you take it?skelley, my bottle of 5HTP says it is a 12 hour time release formula. I have no need for controlling my mood and cravings while I'm asleep, so don't see how it would serve any purpose taking it at night. I take it before breakfast with my fish oil and multi-vitamin.

Going4Fit
04-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Just curious: Does anyone have a big present for reaching goal? Are you planning on a whole new wardrobe? Are you planning a vacation? Are you going to get a full makeover?A new wardrobe was a necessity after losing so much weight - nothing fit and had to have clothes to wear. So my big splurge was getting laser hair removal. I chose to do my underarms. Love not having to shave my armpits anymore. :)

bombshellinprogress
04-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I have been doing really well here lately but today I have done bad. Just have been hungry and caved. I had to have sweets!!! Now I will be struggling the next few days because of this little setback :(

skelley331
04-07-2014, 07:45 AM
skelley, my bottle of 5HTP says it is a 12 hour time release formula. I have no need for controlling my mood and cravings while I'm asleep, so don't see how it would serve any purpose taking it at night. I take it before breakfast with my fish oil and multi-vitamin.

Hmm, I will check that out then, thanks!

skelley331
04-07-2014, 07:46 AM
I have been doing really well here lately but today I have done bad. Just have been hungry and caved. I had to have sweets!!! Now I will be struggling the next few days because of this little setback :(

I can relate big time, I've had these days and just recently. Just remember today is a new day!

gumdropmom
04-07-2014, 01:46 PM
I haven't been to the center in quite some time; didn't know they were offering 5HTP now. I buy it at Costco. I learned about it from a book called The Diet Cure by Julia Ross. Anyway, I bought it because even though I had no cravings and wasn't hungry while on plan, I was cranky. I felt like an addict who'd had their fix taken away. I could no longer use food to soothe, after all. For me, the 5HTP seems to be working. And I haven't experienced any negative side effects.

I totally just got my "Diet Cure" book back out and have made a list of the supplements I need to pick up! I'm not doing bad but struggling in the worst way with random cravings I just haven't dealt with in MONTHS! I'd love to get the cravings out of the way.

beachrunner695
04-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi gang! I just started MRC on Saturday and I'm on preconditioning - I've lost 6 pounds already (woot woot!!) I know a lot of that is water, but seeing 6 pounds in 2 days was a huge encouragement.

This is my first time on MRC, but I did LA Weight Loss about 10 years ago and had a lot of success with it...seems to be a very similar program. My mistake last time was deciding that I didn't need to do stabilization and maintenance...wont make that mistake again!

So, I go back Wednesday night and get my new menu - I've heard it will get quite a bit more specific and restrictive, but I am committed and will do this.

Glad to find this board for support!

selway
04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure what happened. I posted over the weekend, but it isn't on the site. Hmmm... Anyways, welcome to all of the new people! How exciting. I lost 3 pounds last week but am already nervous about this week. I had horrible cravings over the weekend, broke down and ate 2 cookies, LARGE handful of blue corn chips, drank a soda AND ate some of the kids jelly beans. Hopefully it is all out of my system now. I ate more junk in the last two days than I had this year!! So, back on program this morning and ready to turn it around for the rest of the week.

Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!!

skelley331
04-07-2014, 05:44 PM
gumdropmom: I just looked at The Diet Cure today and was checking out the
5HTP, I was taking it in the afternoon and it gave me bad dreams, going4fit said she takes hers in the am with her oils so I might try that again, I loved that book

Welcome beachrunner! You will love the support on this forum and good luck

selway: I have those breakdowns but had a good day yesterday and lost 1.4 lbs of the 2 I gained last week, I didn't go weigh in Saturday I was out of town so I go this Wednesday, but you know what? My clothes are starting to hang on me so if the inches come of then I'm fine with the scale moving slow!!

Goodluck to everyone this week.

geo56
04-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Well it is back to the yellow menu for me. They decided this is what I needed to jump start my body into losing again.
I also bought a bottle of the 5 HTP today. They recommended taking one at night. She said she had taken 2 but that gave her bad dreams. I might try taking one in the morning because I feel myself being cranky in the afternoons.
Welcome to all the newcomers!

skelley331
04-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Well it is back to the yellow menu for me. They decided this is what I needed to jump start my body into losing again.
I also bought a bottle of the 5 HTP today. They recommended taking one at night. She said she had taken 2 but that gave her bad dreams. I might try taking one in the morning because I feel myself being cranky in the afternoons.
Welcome to all the newcomers!

So you if you go back to the yellow do you have to go to the blue next then the green again?

geo56
04-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Yes! They are leaving it up to me whether I do 4 days on yellow before moving on to the blue. I guess if I start losing again I can move on to the blue. I think it is the little things that have slowed me down. I have not eaten anything off plan except some 10 calorie salsa on my chicken and a piece of Colby jack cheese with my eggs. I have really been trying. Oh, I did have some regular ranch dressing the other night.
I have everything all ready for tomorrow. My goals is lose 10 lbs before my cruise in May.

badger
04-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi all - I started MRC in late March. Trying to figure it all out. I was doing well and have lost weight. Stumbled a bit yesterday but back on track today.

My center told me I need to do 5 HNS/day for my first month. Wow, that adds up fast. Has anyone tried other protein drinks and still had success? Thanks!

skelley331
04-08-2014, 09:23 AM
geo56: I eat the sargento Colby jack cheese sticks with one egg every morning for breakfast, my center told me these are great because they are 1oz and only 80 calories. I've gone back to the yellow menu once for 4 days then moved to the green.

badger: my center won't let us drink more than 4 a day but they all seem to have different guidelines I have found from reading on this forum. Good luck

beachrunner695
04-08-2014, 12:24 PM
So I have lost 10.2 pounds as of this morning and I just started preconditioning on Saturday. I'm thrilled, but not sure what to think about it. That seems kinda crazy, but I was able to get into a pair of capris this morning that I haven't worn in months so at least some of it is real weight. Has this happened to anyone else? It's going to be very disappointing when I hit the inevitable slowdown.

I'm very interested in these color menus you are all talking about...I guess I will go to one of them when I go to the center Wednesday night? Should I brace myself? is the first one awful?

selway
04-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Skelley331 - woot woot on the clothes! I am going to have to check out that book. I looked at the website yesterday and unfortunately, I could answer yes to questions in many of the sections, so I don't know which chapters/supplements to focus on. Oh well, I'll wait until the book comes and see if it has direction.

beachrunner695- WOW! Way to rock preconditioning! You are going to do great! I started on the beige menu for people over 200 lbs, so I have never had to do the blue and yellow menus.

Badger - welcome!

geo56 - way to work the program!

You all have me wondering about the 5HTP and I will have to read more about it.

Having a good, on plan, day here. I had to drink coffee the last two mornings to counterbalance the Benadryl. I have never had allergies before - they are terrible! Everyone have a great day!

AshleyRae
04-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Beachrunner, the first two menus are tough, in my opinion. But, you should notice major weight-loss during the first 10 days (which will be the yellow menu for days 1-4 and the blue menu for days 5-10). Try not to get discouraged, though. You are doing great, and I'm sure you'll crush those 10 days!

skelley331
04-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Well I go weigh in tomorrow at the center, will probably have a gain but I'm anxious to get measured because I know I've lost more inches, march 8th I had lost 9" and now that I'm back in my 8's and 10's I know I've lost a lot more. Not too worried about the scales anymore, just how my clothes fit. since I started back the second time I've only lost 7lbs in 7 wks so that's 1lb a week which is okay. I only have until 4/23 to reach my goal and I don't think that will happen but that's okay I will eventually get there. I'll post my results. I find that once I reach the green menu and have been on it for awhile I get so bored with the same foods every day, I just cant stay with it. For the most part I will but I still need a little pick me up. :carrot:

raven59
04-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Congrats Selway and Badger on dusting yourself off and getting right back on the program. I hope the cravings are settling back down for you.

Welcome Beachrunner. Wow!! Great loss. Congrats.

Skelley: Hang in there...you are so close to goal. Maybe you can spice things up with the way you prepare the foods to keep from getting bored. There are some pretty great ethnic twists that jazz up chicken, fish and beef.

I'm still on plan and watching the scale inch down. Finally saw a little break in the plateau....only 1 pound, but I'll take it! I've lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks and that's the most consistent weight drop I've had in the last 3 years of struggling to get back to goal. It's all about keeping focused and knowing that the plan works only if we stay on it.

I'm taking it one day and one ounce at a time.

AshleyRae
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Well, I weighed in on Monday and was down a half pound. Woohoo!
My mom was on a retreat all weekend where food was prepared for her. She went to the MRC center and sat with a counselor to plan out what she would do. I caught up with her on Monday and learned that she'd lost...drumroll, please...2.5 pounds!!! Isn't that awesome?!?!?
My aunt starts the green menu today, and she's stoked to get away from all the salads ;) Haha! She's doing really well, too. I think she's lost 8 pounds so far and looks fantastic.

Keep plugging away, friends. You're doing great, feeling great, and looking fantastic. Just remember that!

beachrunner695
04-09-2014, 01:31 PM
How did it go, skelley?
Congrats ashlaerae!
Thanks for the welcome raven!

So yesterday I was bragging a little about my 10.2 pound loss. Planned to eat chicken last night, but as I was cooking taco meat for my kids it smelled so good that I made myself a ground beef patty and cooked that to eat instead. Had it with broccoli and about 3/4 cup of brown rice (I'm not sure if that's the "right" portion size or not...they didn't give me amounts, just foods I could eat). I was back up 3.5 pounds today! I didn't go off plan at all - everything I ate was in reasonable quantities and on the approved foods list. How does that happen?! I'm a little freaked out.

raven59
04-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi Beachrunner: Here's an explanation for the weight gain that makes so much sense. I found it online looking up "weight gain after going off low carb diets" This is the quick summary...for every molecule of glycogen (stored carbs in the liver) there are 4 molecules of water attached. So, when you are on a low carb diet, you deplete your glycogen stores and also the attached water molecules...the reason you lose so much weight (water weight) when you first begin a low carb diet. Therefore, when you eat enough carbs (like that 3/4 cup of rice) for the body to replenish the glycogen stores, water is also retained.

This explains why the day following a "cheat" there is often 1-3lbs gained. I think this is also why the stabilization process is so important after reaching goal. It allows introduction of carbs back into the system slowly, over 6 weeks to help counter the water gain.

FYI: a serving of rice is usually 1/2 cup cooked. And while on MRC it is 1/4 cup cooked.

skelley331
04-09-2014, 09:52 PM
AshleyRae congrats on your loss and your mother and aunt are doing awesome!

Beachrunner: I totally agree with raven59 and this is true.

skelley331
04-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Okay so here is how my day went at the center:

I normally get to the center at 9:00 am before I've had breakfast but this morning was crazy and I couldn't get there until 11:00 so I had my breakfast and my HNS drink and felt bloated.
Weighed in at 173.5 so I gained 4lbs UGH but on the upswing as my counselor told me was that I've lost 11 1/2 inches total, gained 2lbs of muscle which is a huge plus at my age and here's my drum roll I lost 1 1/2 lbs of FAT! So I'm not disappointed. I'm back on plan today and she told me that it only takes 72 hrs or 3 days to get back into fat burning mode, I heard from others 5 days so that's not true. And she said that depends on how much you went off plan. So all in all I only gained 2lbs she said since 2lbs was muscle! I did get the 5HTP and the MSM to try so I'm hoping to get my body in balance and it's worth it to be healthy and eat healthy. I'm 58 yrs old and I'm proud when I go into the drs office and they ask me what meds I'm on and I can say nothing but herb supplements. :carrot:

AshleyRae
04-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Oh, Skelley, that's AWESOME! Way to go!!!

beachrunner695
04-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks Raven! And congrats Skelley! :-)

I've struggled with precon - not really knowing how much to eat of the items on the list. But I guess that was just too much rice, and red meat will make you retain some water too, supposedly. I was back down the full 10 today, so no worries.

I got the yellow menu yesterday and I have to start it tomorrow. All I can say is how in the world did y'all survive that? I think I got a little emotional thinking about how hard that is going to be for 4 days! LOL :-)

skelley331
04-10-2014, 11:28 AM

I've struggled with precon - not really knowing how much to eat of the items on the list. But I guess that was just too much rice, and red meat will make you retain some water too, supposedly. I was back down the full 10 today, so no worries.

I got the yellow menu yesterday and I have to start it tomorrow. All I can say is how in the world did y'all survive that? I think I got a little emotional thinking about how hard that is going to be for 4 days! LOL :-)

beachrunner: I actually did better on the yellow and blue menus LOL, you'll do just fine.

patzi
04-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Had maintenance weigh in today and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.

Patzi

skelley331
04-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Congrats Patzi, you are doing such a awesome job:carrot:

beachrunner695
04-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Yay Patzi!!

geo56
04-10-2014, 10:29 PM

Beach runner:
I am on the yellow menu for the second time. The both times it has been surprisingly easy!
Just be sure to drink all of your protein drinks. Make sure to weigh and measure all your food and fill out your food sheet.
You can do this!

Keep up the good work Patzi!

I got to sign the 20 lb board tonight! Whoohoo! :carrot:

beachrunner695
04-11-2014, 10:18 AM
OMG I'm starving! I have 4 days of this?! I think I can, I think I can :-)

OK, but seriously though...how bad is diet coke on this diet, really? It's the ONLY thing that ever takes the edge off my appetite.

raven59
04-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Hi Beachrunner,
Hang in there. The yellow and blue menus are designed to get you into ketosis and help you to lose weight fast. You lost so much in pre-conditioning so I wonder if you may just not be getting enough calories.

Do you work our a lot? Anyway, the one issue I've always had with MRC is that is a "one size fits all" menu. I'm only 5'1" and my menu is the same (quantity wise) as someone who is 5'8". That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, too many diet drinks have shown to slow weight loss. Also, I think it's a way to get rid of cravings of all kinds.

Anyway, the best thing is to drink lots of water during this phase. If you are really hungry, you might also want to add an extra HNS. And if all else fails, drink the diet soda! It's better than going off plan with food.

Hang in there. It does get easier.

marilynbrandt
04-11-2014, 11:48 PM
My first post! I am going with a neighbor on Wednesday for a consultation. I have been reading posts for some time now. I would must like a brief overview of the diet please. Thanks

geo56
04-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Good evenin!
At my center's cooking class Thursday someone shared a really easy brownie recipe for those of you who can have the creamy HNS.

1 packet of HNS hot chocolate
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 teaspoons water
1 Splenda packet
Mix all in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.

I just made this and it seems a little dry, so next time I might add just a bit more water. It does have a bit of after taste. If you are really craving a brownie it would work.

badger
04-13-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks geo56 - sounds delish! I've been saving my creamy (double choc pudding) for after dinner and kids are in bed. A brownie would be great, too!

raven59
04-13-2014, 12:31 AM
The scale is stuck! Anyway, my clothes are fitting better, no longer squeezing into my size 10s, and a couple of co-workers have asked if I've lost weight, so something is happening, even though there is a stall in the weight department. I've been lifting weights 3 times a weeks, so might just be building muscle. I'll give it 2 more weeks and if the scale still is stuck I might look at meta-balance to see if I need a few more carbs due to the exercise.

patzi
04-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Raven....

I had many stalls while losing. Maybe you are losing inches. Sometimes that happens, especially if clothes are fitting better than before . Hang in there, weight will come off. Just follow program and you are doing well , and it may be building muscle.

Patzi

patzi
04-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Good evenin!
At my center's cooking close Thursday someone shared a really easy brownie recipe for those of you who can have the creamy HNS.

1 packet of HNS hot chocolate
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 teaspoons water
1 Splenda packet
Mix all in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.

I just made this and it seems a little dry, so next time I might add just a bit more water. It does have a bit of after taste. If you are really craving a brownie it would work.

Thanks so much for sharing this... I will try this..

Patzi

geo56
04-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Wow, I just saw all the typos in my earlier post. I typed that from my Nexus 7 tablet so please excuse the auto correct! Lol...

raven59
04-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks Patzi for the encouragement. I remember reading your posts during your weight loss phase when you reported losing only a "seed". You stuck with it though and so will I! You are such an amazing inspiration to all of us. Thanks for continuing to post and congratulations on maintaining the loss for several years.

skelley331
04-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi all!
Wow it's been a busy weekend for me and I've worked my butt off! It finally got warm this weekend but very very windy, I raked leaves for 1 1/2 hrs and cleaned house, today I started cleaning our gutters ( the outside) to get rid of the black streaks! What a workout. I know I've ate off plan this weekend but not to bad and I'm hoping all this weekend work will have burned it all off! I'm feeling great, not sure if I will hit my goal weight by the 23rd but that's okay, I'm back to wearing all my skinny clothes I bought from the first time I went thru this plan so that's huge huge plus! I hope ya'll had a great weekend, I'm ready for this week to start, we are taking our motorhome out this weekend for the first time!! YAHOO!!!:carrot:

GinaXOXO
04-14-2014, 10:53 AM
I have lurked for a while and I see many references to the book the diet cure. Does that book "co-exist" with MRC? I have looked at the reviews and find it interesting.

I went to Vegas last week during my preconditioning. I got off program. I am starting again today. I was suppose to go to my food class Friday and postponed it until this Friday. How many days does preconditioning typically last?

Easter is this weekend . . . what would you do? I sort of wish I would have waited until after Easter. I went for my consult and told them that I had a party, Vegas, and Easter coming and that I wanted to wait until after those 3 events. I lost 4.5 pounds before the party . . . went to Vegas for 5 days right after the party . . . I have 5 days now until my kids are home for Easter break. And, I kind of want to wait until after Easter. Before the party I was doing great and momentum was on my side. I don't want to get momentum on my side again and struggle with Easter. I know I *can* do it but I also think that it isn't a great way to start.

beachrunner695
04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
WAAAHHHHH! I got my blue menu on Saturday, going to start it tomorrow, and it sure isn't much better than the yellow menu. :-(

So I was talking to a friend at church yesterday and he told me he goes to a different MRC in my town, and they have the HNS drinks and creamies, but they also have some kind of "candy bars" that you can have instead. Has anyone heard of this?!

skelley331
04-14-2014, 12:02 PM
WAAAHHHHH! I got my blue menu on Saturday, going to start it tomorrow, and it sure isn't much better than the yellow menu. :-(

So I was talking to a friend at church yesterday and he told me he goes to a different MRC in my town, and they have the HNS drinks and creamies, but they also have some kind of "candy bars" that you can have instead. Has anyone heard of this?!

When you start the blue menu you can have their meal bars, they have vanilla wafers at my center and other bars that are sooo good, but you have to be careful because sometimes I want to have more than just one LOL:carrot:

beachrunner695
04-14-2014, 02:11 PM
They don't have them at my center - I asked because I thought I had heard of that being a part of this plan. I guess maybe I can go to the other center and get some? Or maybe I shouldn't if they're that good lol :-) When I did LA Weight Loss about 10 years ago (it is VERY similar to MRC) they had the bars - I think they called them LA Lites. And they were so good that I couldn't stop once I got into them - I remember hiding in my closet eating like 4 of them sometimes because I didn't want my husband to know I was cheating on the diet we had paid so much money for. I think it's safe to say I have a sweet tooth, so maybe I should just pretend I don't know about those!

This is going to get easier after blue menu, right? Am I going to get to eat more food? I don't think I've been full once since I started yellow menu. Can't believe I haven't cheated, but I haven't put one bite of food in my mouth that I wasn't supposed to since I started preconditioning. My hat is off to all of you that have been doing this for months - that takes a LOT of discipline.

skelley331
04-14-2014, 04:23 PM
They don't have them at my center - I asked because I thought I had heard of that being a part of this plan. I guess maybe I can go to the other center and get some? Or maybe I shouldn't if they're that good lol :-) When I did LA Weight Loss about 10 years ago (it is VERY similar to MRC) they had the bars - I think they called them LA Lites. And they were so good that I couldn't stop once I got into them - I remember hiding in my closet eating like 4 of them sometimes because I didn't want my husband to know I was cheating on the diet we had paid so much money for. I think it's safe to say I have a sweet tooth, so maybe I should just pretend I don't know about those!

This is going to get easier after blue menu, right? Am I going to get to eat more food? I don't think I've been full once since I started yellow menu. Can't believe I haven't cheated, but I haven't put one bite of food in my mouth that I wasn't supposed to since I started preconditioning. My hat is off to all of you that have been doing this for months - that takes a LOT of discipline.

lol you are funny and love reading your posts. I'm on my second go around and I still can't stay on plan. The green menu isn't any easier, on it you can only do either a starch or fruit but not both. Pretty much the plan only will allow you the foods you ate during pre-conditioning and when you do stabilization they start adding in one food each week for 6 weeks to see if any of these foods are trigger food to make you gain. Then they give you a maintenance menu to follow and you count calories

AshleyRae
04-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Gina, I would just plunge right in. There will always be another "food" holiday right around the corner, so don't push off starting the diet until there's not one on the horizon. I started just before Christmas the first time. I'm not going to lie: it was tough making it through Christmas and New Years. But, it's something I was determined to accomplish.

And, for everyone who gets discouraged: I've been completely on plan for weeks, but when I jumped on the scale this morning, I was UP 5 POUNDS. I worked really hard in the yard yesterday digging out a brick patio and stacking the bricks. So, I know my muscles are retaining major water. If the same thing happens, know that it's water weight and/or muscle gain. In the long run, it's not a problem in the least. It's not even a setback. It's just the way our bodies operate.

Have a FANTASTIC, ON-PLAN week. We deserve it!

struggling Nicole
04-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Wow Patzi and Hatethesweatpants! I remember you from my first time. You are such an inspiration!!! Everyone seems to be doing a great job. Keep up your will power.

skelley331
04-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Gina, I would just plunge right in. There will always be another "food" holiday right around the corner, so don't push off starting the diet until there's not one on the horizon. I started just before Christmas the first time. I'm not going to lie: it was tough making it through Christmas and New Years. But, it's something I was determined to accomplish.

And, for everyone who gets discouraged: I've been completely on plan for weeks, but when I jumped on the scale this morning, I was UP 5 POUNDS. I worked really hard in the yard yesterday digging out a brick patio and stacking the bricks. So, I know my muscles are retaining major water. If the same thing happens, know that it's water weight and/or muscle gain. In the long run, it's not a problem in the least. It's not even a setback. It's just the way our bodies operate.

Have a FANTASTIC, ON-PLAN week. We deserve it!

Ashleyrae! I'm glad you posted this because everytime I work hard outside in my yard I'm up in pounds the next day! but I'm also starving too, the Columbus center always tells me not to exercise over 4 hours in a week, geez sometimes I'm outside working for 5-8 hrs!!

geo56
04-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Beach runner, are you taking the supplements? I haven't been hungry until today. I forgot my pills to take before lunch. I almost bought some popcorn to eat on the way home. But I didn't. Are you drinking enough water?
Keep it up and it will get easier.

skelley331
04-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Weighed in today and was down 2.5 lbs from the 4lbs I gained last week so that's a big plus. What I hate is that their scales are 1.8lbs higher than mine at home which is a bummer. :dizzy:

beachrunner695
04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Wow I was hoping green menu would be easier. Oh well...I can do this.

Geo - I am not doing the supplements. They are so expensive! I am doing 3-4 of the drinks a day, but I just couldnt swing the pills. Do they really make that much difference?

Going4Fit
04-15-2014, 05:41 PM
I have lurked for a while and I see many references to the book the diet cure. Does that book "co-exist" with MRC? I have looked at the reviews and find it interesting.

No, the book is not in any way affiliated with MRC, and in fact the type of diets MRC does is exactly what the book is trying to "cure". That is why many of us who have been through plan have found it helpful.

Going4Fit
04-15-2014, 05:44 PM
Green menu does allow more food than yellow and blue. I remember seriously questioning it when they gave it to me. (I hadn't gotten the big losses promised during pre-conditioning and yellow and blue, so was wondering why I was now going to be allowed more food. *lol*)
I'm sorry you've felt so hungry. That is actually not something I struggled with when on plan. I WANTED to eat more, but I never felt like I NEEDED to eat more. Do they have the counseling classes at your center?

geo56
04-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Wow I was hoping green menu would be easier. Oh well...I can do this.

Geo - I am not doing the supplements. They are so expensive! I am doing 3-4 of the drinks a day, but I just couldnt swing the pills. Do they really make that much difference?

Yes to me they do. I was on the 17 day diet, which is very similar and I was hungry all the time and just exhausted. I am not hungry and have more energy. I know they are expensive and I was sceptical too but they have helped me.

GinaXOXO
04-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Thank you!! I am going to do the pre-conditioning "lightly" until Monday. On Monday I will do pre-conditioning. I will start after the Friday night class. Does the center provide keto sticks, or should I buy them?

I am a little confused by the answer about The Diet Cure book. I have researched it a little bit and it seems to me that the author wants us to quit dieting but, also, likes the Atkins diet. Because Atkins is high protein and low carb, it seems to me, that I can do the supplementation recommended by the author while doing the MRC diet. Maybe that will just complicate things?

My thinking has been very off. I have huge memory problems often. Trying to concentrate on a conversation is hard, at times. Trying to remember something that I know sometimes will just not come to me. That alone is a huge motivator to get my diet and supplements under control.

Should I do the hormone testing at MRC and use their supplements (I wasn't going to). Or, should I try the Diet Cure's supplements? From my research it seems that many people have improved their health vastly by The Diet cure. Also, it seems that the author wants use to supplement for a fixed period (is it 12 weeks) . . . I like the idea of that.

I am open to your thoughts and opinions.

AshleyRae
04-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Well, I weighed in and I'm still up 5.5 pounds (as of Tuesday evening). I'm still pep-talking myself and continuing to drink tons of extra water. I've decided not to add any extra salt to anything, so hopefully I'll lose all of this by my Friday weigh-in. At this point, I don't even care if I'm not down at all this week from where I was last week. I just want this 5.5 pounds of water weight gone. Stay the course, stay the course, stay the course! :D

I haven't checked in with my aunt, so I'm not sure of her progress. Mom, however, is 2 pounds away from signing the 20 pound board! She's kicking my booty...and her own ;) Haha!

skelley331
04-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Well, I weighed in and I'm still up 5.5 pounds (as of Tuesday evening). I'm still pep-talking myself and continuing to drink tons of extra water. I've decided not to add any extra salt to anything, so hopefully I'll lose all of this by my Friday weigh-in. At this point, I don't even care if I'm not down at all this week from where I was last week. I just want this 5.5 pounds of water weight gone. Stay the course, stay the course, stay the course! :D

I haven't checked in with my aunt, so I'm not sure of her progress. Mom, however, is 2 pounds away from signing the 20 pound board! She's kicking my booty...and her own ;) Haha!

Hang in there you can do it. What did your counselor say? Who do you talk to I usually see Baily, Joy or Jen, no specific one. I lost 2.5 lbs of the 4 lbs I gained the week before but 2lbs out of the 4lbs was muscle gain. All in all not too bad, I can't seem to get past the 168-169 mark. If I stay around 900-1000 calories I seem to lose but geez I'm starving. LOL congrats to your mom she's doing awesome.

gumdropmom
04-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Thank you!! I am going to do the pre-conditioning "lightly" until Monday. On Monday I will do pre-conditioning. I will start after the Friday night class. Does the center provide keto sticks, or should I buy them?

I am a little confused by the answer about The Diet Cure book. I have researched it a little bit and it seems to me that the author wants us to quit dieting but, also, likes the Atkins diet. Because Atkins is high protein and low carb, it seems to me, that I can do the supplementation recommended by the author while doing the MRC diet. Maybe that will just complicate things?

My thinking has been very off. I have huge memory problems often. Trying to concentrate on a conversation is hard, at times. Trying to remember something that I know sometimes will just not come to me. That alone is a huge motivator to get my diet and supplements under control.

Should I do the hormone testing at MRC and use their supplements (I wasn't going to). Or, should I try the Diet Cure's supplements? From my research it seems that many people have improved their health vastly by The Diet cure. Also, it seems that the author wants use to supplement for a fixed period (is it 12 weeks) . . . I like the idea of that.

The book is more about bringing your brain chemistry into balance through supplements and healthy, clean eating. She doesn't eliminate carbs as much as remind us what "healthy carbs" are and how many are bodies NEED (fruits and veggies are carbs and fiber) and she gets into the science of why we need significant amounts of protein at each meal and how that works with the carbs, fat, and muscle. It is about eliminating cravings and eating well...often resulting in healthy bodies - which sometimes means significant weight loss. I'm a fan.

GinaXOXO
04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you, gumdrop mom, I am going to go ahead and get it on my kindle.

I know on a "normal" day that I don't get enough protein and too much sodium.

I appreciate your input.

AshleyRae
04-16-2014, 08:28 PM
I saw Joy this last time, and she just said to keep doing what I'm doing since I've remained on plan. She ran a body composition since I was up so much, and it even showed an increase in fat. BUT, the impedance level indicated that the numbers weren't accurate, likely because of the major water retention. I've been downing water like mad and avoided salt all day. When I stepped on the scale at home (after using the restroom at least 8 times while at work), I was down 3 of those 5.5 pounds, so hopefully it will be gone come Friday. :)

skelley331
04-16-2014, 10:37 PM
I saw Joy this last time, and she just said to keep doing what I'm doing since I've remained on plan. She ran a body composition since I was up so much, and it even showed an increase in fat. BUT, the impedance level indicated that the numbers weren't accurate, likely because of the major water retention. I've been downing water like mad and avoided salt all day. When I stepped on the scale at home (after using the restroom at least 8 times while at work), I was down 3 of those 5.5 pounds, so hopefully it will be gone come Friday. :)

That's great, I really like joy! All the girls are great! I always weigh about 1 1/2 to 2lbs more at the center than at home which is frustrating!

badger
04-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Love the positive attitude skelley331!

I had a Self Care class and weigh in yesterday. Lost only a pound but my clothes are fitting so much better (loose!!) and I'm getting into some I haven't worn in a couple of years. I'm down 10# total so far - love it! I'll admit it was a bit hard watching my hubs snarf some Hersey kisses....but I can have some in August! I liked the class - I felt all sorts of emotion bubbling up and the gal barely started the lesson. Oh boy - feel a roller coaster coming my way!

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm off to try that brownie recipe!

jewelzz155
04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
New here!! Just joined mrc a week ago so far so good 8 1/2 #'s lost i feel great!!!

Going4Fit
04-17-2014, 06:51 PM

The Diet Cure was written to solve what happens to our brains and body chemistry as a result of low calorie dieting. So yes, the Atkins type lifestyle she recommends is very similar, but the difference is the extreme calorie restriction the MRC plans do. She explains in detail the vicious cycle dieters get stuck in as a result of low calorie diets. The supplements she talks about, mainly amino acid therapy, are to heal our brain chemistry so that we can get out of that cycle. Hope that helps.

bombshellinprogress
04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Totally fell off the wagon this weekend. Any suggestions on what to do or do I just eat off of the green menu like I have been doing? Any suggestions appreciated:)

skelley331
04-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Totally fell off the wagon this weekend. Any suggestions on what to do or do I just eat off of the green menu like I have been doing? Any suggestions appreciated:)

don't beat yourself up we have all been there and I totally fell off the wagon this weekend myself. My counselor has always told me to start the next day fresh on the green menu which is what I'm currently on. So Tomorrow is a new day and we start fresh with the green menu. :hug:

bombshellinprogress
04-20-2014, 09:48 PM
don't beat yourself up we have all been there and I totally fell off the wagon this weekend myself. My counselor has always told me to start the next day fresh on the green menu which is what I'm currently on. So Tomorrow is a new day and we start fresh with the green menu. :hug:

Thanks so much for the encouragement! We've got this!:carrot:

geo56
04-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Hey everyone! I did too! I had a corn muffin yesterday and TWO pieces of cocunut cake today. Plus popcorn! I have everything prepped for tomorrow so its back on the green menu for me! Come we can do this! 18 days to my cruise and I would like to lose 5 more lbs before then!

raven59
04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi Everyone! Put me in the "off the wagon" group too. The difference this time is that it was a decision made in advance, that yesterday would be an "off plan" day. I didn't binge, but did allow myself to have what I wanted and skipped things I didn't really want, like cake and potatoes. Ham is sooo salty! So not surprised when I saw a 5 pound gain on the scale today, though it's never fun to see. Anyway, back on plan today. Onward and downward! Wishing everyone a great On Plan week.

bombshellinprogress
04-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone! Put me in the "off the wagon" group too. The difference this time is that it was a decision made in advance, that yesterday would be an "off plan" day. I didn't binge, but did allow myself to have what I wanted and skipped things I didn't really want, like cake and potatoes. Ham is sooo salty! So not surprised when I saw a 5 pound gain on the scale today, though it's never fun to see. Anyway, back on plan today. Onward and downward! Wishing everyone a great On Plan week.

I had made the decision as well to go off plan. The easter candy was just too much and I couldn't stop once I started. I'm up several pounds as well this morning. :(

skelley331
04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Me too! I was ready to go off plan, but I did go overboard!!! today is the new day!!!! And we can all do this.

lattemomof3
04-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to the monthly thread. I started MRC in mid January, and have lost 13 pounds since then, so pretty slowly, but I have been dancing around the green menu and not adhering to it as strictly as I should, so I'm trying to buckle down and re-motivate myself. I'm basically doing it on my own, and with my neighbor's support, who is also doing MRC, because we live 3 hours from the center and our at-home program counselor is terrible- very little contact or support, and we can't ask for a different counselor because she is the only one there who works with the at-home people. So between my neighbor and this forum, I'm hoping to reach my goal by July. That is with 2 pounds a week so that might be difficult as I only have 22 more pounds to lose, but I'll shoot for that and realize it may take longer. I dug out the 4 weeks of menus the center gave me and I plan to grocery shop for the items today, sticking to those menus except at dinner, when I'll make my family something & tweak my dinner to fit the guidelines. The cookbook uses a lot of HNS's and I hate to use them in dinners as they are pricey, I'd rather save them for the drinks & an evening creamy. Good luck to everyone this month!

AshleyRae
04-21-2014, 04:05 PM
I *finally* dropped that daggone water weight that came on for no apparent reason. Not only that, but I dropped an additional 2 pounds!!! I worked hard in the yard again over the weekend, so I was back up 2 pounds this morning, but I know that by downing extra water and avoiding salt, it will all come off (and then some, if I stay on plan).

I had not seen my husband's family since Christmas, so they were all complimentary over my weightloss. It was a great ego boost! This morning was the first morning that I thought, "Hey, I might actually make it to a size 8 after all." I'm stoked!

And, for all of you who ate off plan: it's a fresh week, and you've each come soooo far. Make it count this week. You've got this!!! :cheer2::cheer3:

Going4Fit
04-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Welcome lattemomof3. Stick with the plan - it's too expensive to just play around with and not take seriously. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

I have a question for everyone. Is bison the same as buffalo? Buffalo is listed as a group 1 protein that's okay to have every day. I can find ground bison at my Costco and local grocery, but it's got 11g of fat per serving, which is a whole lot more than chicken and turkey breasts or tilapia. So wondering if it's not the same?

I can ask at the center next time I go but wondered if someone here already knew. Thanks.

patzi
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and maintained.. Still 5 pounds under goal.

When I joined MRC, for the first time EVER on any diet, I made a promise to myslef, to not go off plan , and it was not easy, but I did it. Not easy at all, but it depends on what you really want. I knew I could not make excuses as I had done in past to cheat one day, and next start all over again, as in the long run, I was always at the losing end.

I have to agree with Going4Fit, this plan is way too expensive to play around with and not take seriously. To plan a cheat or to plan to go off program, is defeating the purpose of your challenge. Like I say, it is not easy, but the plan works but only if you work the plan. Other than that, it will fail.

When I joined the plan, there were 7 of us, some here in south where I live others in Colorado.. Out of 7, 4 of us made it to maintenance and maintained. The 4 that made it stayed on the program in a very serious nature as we were determined to make this work. It will work, but only if you work the program at all times. You can never go back to the old way of eating, but once you hit maintenance, you can go out and have a nice time.. I have had candy, but a small piece, wine, a piece of cake at a party, but a sliver of cake, it is all in moderation. When I hit maintenance, I tried a different item each week, and if I did not gain, knew it was good to go. If I gained, put it on back burner and tried at a later time. I even eat peanut butter from time to time, but a teaspoon only. Before diet, I could eat the whole jar, and those days are gone if I want to stay slim.

I am not lecturing here, but trying to give some incentive that this is a great diet, but you need to work it like it was meant to be. I really don't want to see anyone leave the diet or fail, because they have gone back to their old ways while dieting..You are really worth making it to maintenance.

To this day, I keep a daily journal, and if I do gain, go back and find out why, and work it. Sometimes, I gain for no reason, but go back to basics till I get back to maintenance weight. It all can be done, I promise.

I wish anyone new the best of a challenge, and congrats to all those that have lost weight last week and this week.

Patzi

hatethesweatpants
04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
You're right, Patzi. Thanks for sharing!

skelley331
04-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Congrats Patzi you are right. I guess I'm one of those who just doesn't take it serious enough that's why I won't be coming back here. This is my second time doing the MRC plan and still can't do it 100%. It's time to stop spending the money and just take it day by day. I've learned a lot thru MRC and will use that information daily. Good luck to all you ladies.

patzi
04-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Congrats Patzi you are right. I guess I'm one of those who just doesn't take it serious enough that's why I won't be coming back here. This is my second time doing the MRC plan and still can't do it 100%. It's time to stop spending the money and just take it day by day. I've learned a lot thru MRC and will use that information daily. Good luck to all you ladies.

Skelley.. I sure hate to see you go.. One of my buddies was on the third round of MRC and was going to call it quits, and we made her come to realization as to why she could not do it serious and lo and behold she made it to maintenance. You really have tried hard. Do you think your counsultant could help you out. How many pounds do you have to go to maintenance. I am a weak person, and I cannot have STUFF in house that I cannot control. That was one of my secrets. Another was to always have a dessert on progam in the house and when going out anywhere, eating the best I could
and bring food with me, just in the event there were temptations. Hunger, I always ate protein, a piece of chicken, egg whites, etc.

If you do not stay with MRC, I want to wish you the best of luck in whatever way you go, but will be sorry to see you leave

Patzi

skelley331
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Skelley.. I sure hate to see you go.. One of my buddies was on the third round of MRC and was going to call it quits, and we made her come to realization as to why she could not do it serious and lo and behold she made it to maintenance. You really have tried hard. Do you think your counsultant could help you out. How many pounds do you have to go to maintenance. I am a weak person, and I cannot have STUFF in house that I cannot control. That was one of my secrets. Another was to always have a dessert on progam in the house and when going out anywhere, eating the best I could
and bring food with me, just in the event there were temptations. Hunger, I always ate protein, a piece of chicken, egg whites, etc.

If you do not stay with MRC, I want to wish you the best of luck in whatever way you go, but will be sorry to see you leave

Patzi

Thanks Patzi,

My original goal weight was 160 but I changed it to 165 because for some reason my body won't go beyond 169 even when I stay on plan. I'm 58 yrs young and 5'7, I'm in size 8-10's but still have a little muffin top, I've lost 11 1/2" so far. It's not so much having the food in the house as it is that it seems like I'm always wanting something different, I'm at the point where I can't even eat fish at all, chicken is getting to that point as well. I go weigh in this Friday as my contract is up today to reach my goal weight and I'm at 169 according to my scales but the center scales are always 1 1/2 higher and sometimes 2lbs so I feel like I'm never getting to my goal, I'm not sure what they will have me do, the last time I didn't reach my goal weight either and I stayed on plan 100% all the way until the last month and was down to 158 and they wanted me to buy more weeks. After I meet with them on Friday i'll see what they say.

gumdropmom
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Skelley, don't let one post be a discouragement to you. You are such a joy and encouragement to so many who are a part of this group. Living LIFE is what it is all about...not a diet. You are on a good road, TRYING to make the best choices and succeeding most days. Those who NEVER veer off plan are the EXCEPTION! I know for me, it is tough raising a family and my reality doesn't always allow me to "stick to plan". I just have to make the best choices in the midst of circumstances sometimes. The holidays come and for me personally, I will not allow a diet to rule the day. I'd rather show my kids the example of making the best choices each day so that once in awhile there is room to indulge. My reality is that I work, am raising three kids (two teens and a tween), have a wonderful husband who works an opposite shift in emergency services, and I am active, active, active. I am always prepared for the day and always have a plan. But...plans change sometimes and you just have to roll with it. I've experienced success in my very first weight loss journey...I haven't hit goal yet - but I feel good and that equals success in my book. A number on a scale will not run my show. If the goal is to feel good in my clothes, be active, be healthy...then I am currently there. I desire to see the number on the scale go down more but not in a way that keeps me from enjoying life. I know it is different for everyone and - let's be real - all of our bodies, brain chemistry, circumstances, and lives are different. What works for one doesn't work for all. Yes...the MRC program works for some. I am not currently active at the center. I could not afford to maintain a stockpile of drinks and maintain on so little calories each day. My loss had stalled and I felt terrible. Looked great, felt terrible. So...I use my menus, protein supplements, amino acid supplements and get plenty of exercise. THAT is working for ME. (and I still look great according to my husband, kids, friends....) Slow and steady.

I encourage you to keep it up. You are such an encouragement to so many!!!

Going4Fit
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
So no one knows if buffalo=bison?

gumdropmom
04-23-2014, 12:30 PM

Everything I've read says they are basically the same meat. Do a side by side nutrition comparison with beef rather than chicken or fish. (apples to apples I guess....red meat to red meat).

skelley331
04-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Skelley, don't let one post be a discouragement to you. You are such a joy and encouragement to so many who are a part of this group. Living LIFE is what it is all about...not a diet. You are on a good road, TRYING to make the best choices and succeeding most days. Those who NEVER veer off plan are the EXCEPTION! I know for me, it is tough raising a family and my reality doesn't always allow me to "stick to plan". I just have to make the best choices in the midst of circumstances sometimes. The holidays come and for me personally, I will not allow a diet to rule the day. I'd rather show my kids the example of making the best choices each day so that once in awhile there is room to indulge. My reality is that I work, am raising three kids (two teens and a tween), have a wonderful husband who works an opposite shift in emergency services, and I am active, active, active. I am always prepared for the day and always have a plan. But...plans change sometimes and you just have to roll with it. I've experienced success in my very first weight loss journey...I haven't hit goal yet - but I feel good and that equals success in my book. A number on a scale will not run my show. If the goal is to feel good in my clothes, be active, be healthy...then I am currently there. I desire to see the number on the scale go down more but not in a way that keeps me from enjoying life. I know it is different for everyone and - let's be real - all of our bodies, brain chemistry, circumstances, and lives are different. What works for one doesn't work for all. Yes...the MRC program works for some. I am not currently active at the center. I could not afford to maintain a stockpile of drinks and maintain on so little calories each day. My loss had stalled and I felt terrible. Looked great, felt terrible. So...I use my menus, protein supplements, amino acid supplements and get plenty of exercise. THAT is working for ME. (and I still look great according to my husband, kids, friends....) Slow and steady.

I encourage you to keep it up. You are such an encouragement to so many!!!

gumdropmom Thank you so much you have actually put into words my exact feelings. When I do to the center it's all about the scale, maybe when I go in Friday I will let them know I would rather it be about how my clothes fit then just maybe I won't feel like I've failed again. I'm only 5 lbs from goal and do I think I will get there, yes eventually but I too will enjoy life as it comes! I so much enjoy everyone on here so I will still come and read and respond. Everyone tells me I look great too and I also feel good about my self. :carrot::carrot:

skelley331
04-23-2014, 02:03 PM

Going4Fit:

This is what I found out:
When you see the meat in the stores or on restaurant menus, do you wonder what the difference between bison and buffalo? The answer is: a species, an ocean and two continents. The meat you see is, properly, bison meat and is the same as buffalo
Bison meat is healthier, less fatty meat. Bison meat contains 2.42 grams of fat, 143 calories and 82 milligrams of cholesterol per 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cooked meat. Beef has about 3.5 times more fat per 100 grams of cooked lean beef. Despite the lower level of fat, bison meat has a richer and somewhat sweeter flavor than beef.

Hope this helps.

AshleyRae
04-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Skelley, I told the ladies at the center when I started again that I wasn't as interested in the number as I was in the size. I asked if I could go into maintenance when I was happy with where I was, and they were fine with that. Talk to Jen! :)

patzi
04-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Someone posted a brownie recipe a short while ago, and I wrote it down to make and lost the paper.. I looked on posts and can't seem to find it.. Plus, I can't recall who posted it.. If anyone has it, would you post please.

Thanks
Patzi

patzi
04-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Skelley..

One post suggested what I posted may be a discouragement to you . I feel terrible about that, as that is the last thing I wanted to do and I don't feel like I am an exception. I tried very hard and it took me a long time to make maintenance as I was a slow loser, so I know how hard it can be. You are an asset to this site, and I sure don't want you to leave.. If I have made you feel discouraged in any way, I am truly sorry, as I was just trying to say what it meant to stay on program .. Also, if you are only 5 pounds from goal, if that makes you happy, maybe tell the consultant that and take the stress off of yourself, and go on to maintenance and be happy about your weight loss.

Again I am so sorry..

Patzi

geo56
04-23-2014, 09:14 PM
I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and maintained.. Still 5 pounds under goal.

When I joined MRC, for the first time EVER on any diet, I made a promise to myslef, to not go off plan , and it was not easy, but I did it. Not easy at all, but it depends on what you really want. I knew I could not make excuses as I had done in past to cheat one day, and next start all over again, as in the long run, I was always at the losing end.

I have to agree with Going4Fit, this plan is way too expensive to play around with and not take seriously. To plan a cheat or to plan to go off program, is defeating the purpose of your challenge. Like I say, it is not easy, but the plan works but only if you work the plan. Other than that, it will fail.

When I joined the plan, there were 7 of us, some here in south where I live others in Colorado.. Out of 7, 4 of us made it to maintenance and maintained. The 4 that made it stayed on the program in a very serious nature as we were determined to make this work. It will work, but only if you work the program at all times. You can never go back to the old way of eating, but once you hit maintenance, you can go out and have a nice time.. I have had candy, but a small piece, wine, a piece of cake at a party, but a sliver of cake, it is all in moderation. When I hit maintenance, I tried a different item each week, and if I did not gain, knew it was good to go. If I gained, put it on back burner and tried at a later time. I even eat peanut butter from time to time, but a teaspoon only. Before diet, I could eat the whole jar, and those days are gone if I want to stay slim.

I am not lecturing here, but trying to give some incentive that this is a great diet, but you need to work it like it was meant to be. I really don't want to see anyone leave the diet or fail, because they have gone back to their old ways while dieting..You are really worth making it to maintenance.

To this day, I keep a daily journal, and if I do gain, go back and find out why, and work it. Sometimes, I gain for no reason, but go back to basics till I get back to maintenance weight. It all can be done, I promise.

I wish anyone new the best of a challenge, and congrats to all those that have lost weight last week and this week.

Patzi

Thank you Patzi! Very well said and I needed this today. I have stuck to plan for the last three days and today I felt really tired. I know it was from eating the carbs and getting rid of them. It really wasn't worth it. Tomorrow will be day 76 for me. I will see this thru to maintenance.

geo56
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Someone posted a brownie recipe a short while ago, and I wrote it down to make and lost the paper.. I looked on posts and can't seem to find it.. Plus, I can't recall who posted it.. If anyone has it, would you post please.

Thanks
Patzi

I posted it. I have experimented with it a bit and this is what I made tonight.
1 hot chocolate protein packet
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 oz of water
1 packet of splenda
Mix all in small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. It will be kind of gooey but good. I added a bit of instant decaf coffee in mine.

skelley331
04-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Skelley..

One post suggested what I posted may be a discouragement to you . I feel terrible about that, as that is the last thing I wanted to do and I don't feel like I am an exception. I tried very hard and it took me a long time to make maintenance as I was a slow loser, so I know how hard it can be. You are an asset to this site, and I sure don't want you to leave.. If I have made you feel discouraged in any way, I am truly sorry, as I was just trying to say what it meant to stay on program .. Also, if you are only 5 pounds from goal, if that makes you happy, maybe tell the consultant that and take the stress off of yourself, and go on to maintenance and be happy about your weight loss.

Again I am so sorry..

Patzi

Patzi,

OMG no way did you discourage me, I've always looked at you as a mentor and you are a very strong person. So please don't apologize there is no need. You give very good advise and so much encouragement to us all. I think I will talk to them about going onto maintenance. I am so glad with the weight and inches I have lost from the first time and this second time around.

skelley331
04-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Skelley, I told the ladies at the center when I started again that I wasn't as interested in the number as I was in the size. I asked if I could go into maintenance when I was happy with where I was, and they were fine with that. Talk to Jen! :)

AshleyRae, Thanks for the encouragement, and I love Jen, maybe she will be there when I go weigh in Friday if not I will talk to whoever is see about not focusing on the number but with the size.

patzi
04-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Skelley...

Thank you. You made my day by your message. I told center that I was ready to go on maintenance and that was a decision I was standing by as I could not lose the last 4 pounds for a long time.. I did that and it worked well, and through maintenance I was able to find a plan that worked and was able to go 5 pound under goal, so I finally did lose it, and if I had not, well, I was happy where I was at.. Good luck to you.

Patzi

patzi
04-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Tuna Caprese Lunch.

I tried this for lunch and it is really good so thought I would share.

Use the bread that is allowed on your plan.. I now use on occasion Nature's Own 100% whole wheat thin sandwich rounds.. Maybe they are allowed, not sure.

I can of tuna in water, drained.

Cheese, whatever is allowed on program.. I use soy
mozarella, or you could use light provalone, which is awesome.

Basil leaves, fresh( if you don't have, use dried)

tomato slices

1/4-1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar,

seasonings, salt , pepper, choice is yours.

Light mayo, not much

Mix tuna with whatever you like, I mixed mine with tiny pieces of celery,
mayo, seasonings.

Put tomato slices on top. I used one large slice on each round.

Put fresh bay leaves on top if you are using fresh, i not use dried , can also
add a bit of dried oregano for flavor

Put cheese on top.

Put in microwave or broiler just till you have what looks like a tuna melt.

If you would prefer to have a sandwich with two slices of bread, that is great also, Put second sandwich round on top and have your sandwich. I just felt like having an open tuna sandwich

I had this with sliced cukes on side .

Enjoy...
Patzi

raven59
04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi All,
Wow, lots of good discussion this week. Reading all the posts and struggling over the past 5 years with trying to lose the regained weight after my first try with MRC; here are my conclusions:

Staying 100% on plan is the best way to go. There are no "morning after" regrets.

Falling off plan doesn't mean failure. This is a journey and much can be learned from off plan slip ups...what was happening to trigger the off plan moment? What can be done to prevent it in the future? Was it worth it? How did I feel during, and after?

Stabilization and maintenance are more important to complete then the weight loss phase. Maintenance is for life. There is no going back to "the old way" of eating or the weight will return.

The scale doesn't always reflect the loss that is happening.

This is a journey. There are many bumps along the way, and many mental battles. What works well sometimes, doesn't work well other times.

I'm losing weight at a much slower rate this time around. I stayed strictly on plan for 5 weeks and hit a plateau for 2 weeks and only lost 1 pound during that time. Taking a break for a couple of days, staying mostly on plan, but having a cocktail or a serving of off plan food, allowed me to have a rest from the mental battle. It was time. Assessing, choosing and adjusting are what happens in maintenance and I'm thrilled that I was able to make a choice to go off plan, (and have it be a Controlled off plan, not an eating frezy) get back on plan, see the scale jump as a result, know and trust it was only water, get right back on plan and move forward, with no negative self talk. I feel in control of myself which is a big step forward.

4 days later, the weight is gone and I'm back to 144. I've had my respite and am back on plan 100%. Yes, it does prolong the process and frequent off plan days will derail the process. It is risky and I won't make a choice to go off plan again without a lot of thought ahead of time. This time it felt right, but like I said: 100% on plan is best and is what I continue to aim for.

This weekend is a wedding and I've already decided that I'll be on plan, sparkling water for me and only on plan foods. I'm going to pack a meal just in case there are no on plan foods available.

We can do this!!

patzi
04-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Geo...
Thanks for posting recipe. Appreciate it.

It helps me at night when I have a sweet tooth.

Patzi

Going4Fit
04-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Everything I've read says they are basically the same meat. Do a side by side nutrition comparison with beef rather than chicken or fish. (apples to apples I guess....red meat to red meat).
That's what is weird about it. Buffalo is listed in the everyday column with the chicken and white fleshed fish. Beef is in the only 2x per week column.

I'm not going back to the center until May 3rd, but I'll ask then.

geo56
04-24-2014, 11:22 PM
I was down 1.5 lbs at weigh in today. I stayed on track all week and it showed. Hope to lose 3 or 4 more before May 8th when I leave for my cruise. I am so excited! I love cruises. This will be # 6!
Hope everyone else is doing well!

patzi
04-25-2014, 09:48 AM
I was down 1.5 lbs at weigh in today. I stayed on track all week and it showed. Hope to lose 3 or 4 more before May 8th when I leave for my cruise. I am so excited! I love cruises. This will be # 6!
Hope everyone else is doing well!

Congrats on your weight loss. That is great. Happy for you.

Patzi

gumdropmom
04-25-2014, 10:46 AM
That's what is weird about it. Buffalo is listed in the everyday column with the chicken and white fleshed fish. Beef is in the only 2x per week column.

I'm not going back to the center until May 3rd, but I'll ask then.

hmmmm....I'll have to look more into it myself. I have not tried buffalo nor bison. I just know in everything I've read it is compared to a red meat...but is much healthier in terms of fat, calories, iron, and such. I'm so funny about meat so even knowing THIS...I still have a hard time thinking about eating it.

beachrunner695
04-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Ugh weighed in today and I have been stalled out for 1.5 weeks now. I'm on plan, I'm exercising, drinking more than the required water. Surprised that I am stalling out this early in the plan - I've only been doing this for 3 weeks (counting preconditioning). They said they are going to put me on the plateau buster if it hasn't budged the next time I come in. That sounds scary!

patzi
04-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Ugh weighed in today and I have been stalled out for 1.5 weeks now. I'm on plan, I'm exercising, drinking more than the required water. Surprised that I am stalling out this early in the plan - I've only been doing this for 3 weeks (counting preconditioning). They said they are going to put me on the plateau buster if it hasn't budged the next time I come in. That sounds scary!

I went back and looked at my records , and I hit a stall 4 weeks on the plan for 2 weeks no loss. I did the plateau buster, but for some reason did not record what it entailed.. You may have lost some inches. Hang in there, and let the consultant figure this out for you to get you back to losing again.. I had many stalls, and they all came to an end with good results.. Please post plateau buster if you go on it, as I can't recall for the life of me. Good luck on your next weigh in and bring your food journal with you so consultant can see if there is something on there that is triggering the stall..

Patzi

geo56
04-26-2014, 07:42 PM

Beach runner
Three weeks ago I was at a plateau and they discussed a menu with me but hesitated to have me do it because of fear of spiking my blood sugar. If I remember correctly it is where you have a large shake and a bar for breakfast and lunch and protein and veggies for supper.
Thy had me do the yellow and blue menu again. It helped some but I think I am just going to be a slow loser.
Good luck!

Going4Fit
04-26-2014, 11:03 PM
The plateau buster is just a more strict version of the green menu. Takes away some of the higher fat/calorie options. I remember commenting on here once about how I'd been so strict with myself on green menu that I had nothing to fall back on when they showed me that menu - I was already using green menu that way.

geo56, the shake/bar thing for breakfast and lunch is a week long thing that is called something else: MetaQuick. They also recommend it for plateaus. But then they'll tell you the weight loss will usually happen after the week is over. *shrug* The shakes are expensive but super yummy and make a nice, super large, thick shake if you put them in the blender with ice. Love them.

raven59
04-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Hi, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm still stuck at the same weight! Ugh, these plateaus are sooo frustrating. I've love .9 pounds over 2 weeks. Alas, it is what it is. I'm staying strictly on plan, so there is nothing else to do at this point. I'll be patient for 2 more weeks and if the scale doesn't budge I may look at metabalance.

Going4Fit
04-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Just got back from a 2 1/2 hour meeting at church. Refreshments provided, of course. I abstained, but did bring home some of the Costco cookies for hubby and the kiddos afterwards. Eating my dinner salad now, with taco seasoned ground turkey breast and Walden farms ranch. So very thankful that I enjoy my healthy foods. Feels so good to be in control. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

raven, in the real world 2 weeks at the same weight is not a plateau. That's one of the negatives about the twice a week weigh-ins. Really messes with your head. Stay the course - who knows why our bodies hang onto it some weeks and don't others, in spite of feeding them exactly the same. Focus on the non-scale victories and continue eating well. Results will come.

hlw121411
04-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Hello! My name is Heather. I joined metabolic almost a month ago. It has been up and down. I have lost 15lbs so far. I'm supposed to go weigh in on Wed but I may push it to Thursday because I ate some pizza last night. It's so hard to give up the foods I love. I have given up soda 100% though. I have only slipped up a few times. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I don't know though. I expected much bigger results. Anyone else feel like that?

beachrunner695
04-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Hi Heather! I've been a little disappointed with my results too, but I keep reminding myself that I didnt gain all this weight in a week and I'm not going to lose it in 1 week either. But the results are definitely better if you dont cheat. This diet is not like others - if you cheat, even a little, it will set you back for days. And not just a pound or 2 - the one time I cheated I was up over 5 pounds the next morning. Not worth it!

Looks like I may not have to do the plateau buster at the moment - I was down 2.5 pounds on my scale at home this morning - we will see what happens when I go into the center to weight tomorrow. Our scales dont always jive.

I saw where a few people were talking about retaining water really badly, especially after a cheat...here's what one of the counselors told me to do when I was in my center last week. Take a coffee mug full of hot water and squeeze half a lemon into it - it will act as a natural diuretic to help speed the process of getting some of that excess water out. It works...all I can say is dont do it at night. I had to get up to pee like 5 times that night.

hlw121411
04-28-2014, 05:13 PM
I did that for 2 days before my last weigh in and I ended up being down 3.5 lbs last time. I have decided to give this plan 100% now. It isn't worth it to pay all of this money to cheat.

raven59
04-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Going4fit. I'll definitely stay on plan. This is the most I've lost in over 3 years and I don't want to mess it up now!

Tonight it's buffalo burger and a big salad! Yum.

Wishing everyone a great 100% On Plan week.

skelley331
04-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Went into the center today to weigh in but my contract date was up on the 23rd and I'm not at my goal weight but only 5 lbs away and I feel good and I'm in my size 8's and 10's and I told my counselor that I'm not going to focus on the scales anymore because I'm always disappointed. I believe that my body is where it wants to be and I'm okay with that. So next Wednesday may 7th I will start stabilization for 6wks then onto maintenance.

beachrunner695
04-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know if youre expected to continue the HNS drinks when you get to stabilization and maintenance? Those things are pricey!

patzi
04-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Went into the center today to weigh in but my contract date was up on the 23rd and I'm not at my goal weight but only 5 lbs away and I feel good and I'm in my size 8's and 10's and I told my counselor that I'm not going to focus on the scales anymore because I'm always disappointed. I believe that my body is where it wants to be and I'm okay with that. So next Wednesday may 7th I will start stabilization for 6wks then onto maintenance.

I am happy for your Skelley.... You took control, you know what feels right, and you are on your way. I wish you all the best in this next adventure on your way to maintenance. Be proud of yourself... You deserve it..

Patzi

patzi
04-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know if youre expected to continue the HNS drinks when you get to stabilization and maintenance? Those things are pricey!

My center encouraged them, but I stopped them when I hit maintenance. If I gain on maintenance I may take one or two a day till the weight comes off, and then go off of them. While on diet and even on maintenance, I have always bought my
drinks from Diet Direct when they have a sale. I use the Proti Diet brand, as same ingredients, protein, etc as MRC. I also get my creamy cocoas from them , again only when on sale.

Patzi

bombshellinprogress
04-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Went to weigh in last night and was up a few pounds after having all that Easter candy in the house. My counselor decided to put me on the preconditioning menu for 4 days to rid my body of all the sugar I fed it. Fingers crossed this works but man I am hungry this morning!!!! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

skelley331
04-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Yesterday I made up my mason jar salads, they are so great to have to grab and go.

Patzi: Thank you I'm actually relieved and ready to start stabilization, and then onto maintenance. I'm 58 and never going to be skinny like I was in my 20's so at 169 I'm happy, my clothes fit good and I feel good. I did tell my counselor when I weighed in yesterday that I'm not focusing on the scales anymore, it's all about how I feel and how my clothes fit and she was perfectly fine with that. She actually told me a saying and I sure wish I could remember what it was but boy did it hit the nail on the head.

bombshellinprogress: I know we go to the same center and when I asked about going back to the preconditioning when I gained 4lbs they said no I wouldn't want to do that. It's funny how they are all different. Goodluck and you can do this.

beachrunner695
04-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Down 2 pounds on the official scale today...so no plateau buster yet! :-)

bombshellinprogress
04-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Yesterday I made up my mason jar salads, they are so great to have to grab and go.

Patzi: Thank you I'm actually relieved and ready to start stabilization, and then onto maintenance. I'm 58 and never going to be skinny like I was in my 20's so at 169 I'm happy, my clothes fit good and I feel good. I did tell my counselor when I weighed in yesterday that I'm not focusing on the scales anymore, it's all about how I feel and how my clothes fit and she was perfectly fine with that. She actually told me a saying and I sure wish I could remember what it was but boy did it hit the nail on the head.

bombshellinprogress: I know we go to the same center and when I asked about going back to the preconditioning when I gained 4lbs they said no I wouldn't want to do that. It's funny how they are all different. Goodluck and you can do this.

That is funny. Jen was the one who told me to go back on it.

skelley331
04-29-2014, 04:50 PM
That is funny. Jen was the one who told me to go back on it.

Baily is the one who told me Oh no you don't want to do that! I Love jen she's so smart, I saw her yesterday and when I told her I didn't want to worry about the scale she was all for it. I have my apt next wed with her for my stabilization.

bombshellinprogress
04-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Baily is the one who told me Oh no you don't want to do that! I Love jen she's so smart, I saw her yesterday and when I told her I didn't want to worry about the scale she was all for it. I have my apt next wed with her for my stabilization.

Yes, I love Jen!! She's my favorite. I like Baily too but I just feel more comfortable with Jen for some reason or another. Good luck on your stabilization and keep us posted on how that goes!

AshleyRae
04-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Hello ladies!
It sounds like you're all motivated and doing well. I haven't been to the center this week. I typically visit on Tuesdays and Fridays, but jobs are keeping me busy. My scale at home says I've been the same weight for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to lose inches. I so desperately want to see the 160s - my scale read 170.0 this morning. Gah! So close...and it's just been toying with me for 2 weeks. Haha!

And, Heather, welcome!!! You've lost 15 pounds in less than a month?!? I'd say you're doing SPECTACULARLY!!! If you stick to the plan 100%, I can't even imagine how amazingly you'd do. You've got this! You can do it! You're worth it!

hlw121411
04-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. I weighed in today. I stayed the same which I was glad since I had cheated earlier in the week. I am giving it 100% from here on out!

beachrunner695
04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm with you AsleyRae! DYING to see those 160s. I'm a half pound away on my home scale, but I always weigh heavier on the center scale because of clothes, and it being the middle of the day (I usually go during lunch). Hmmm...I wonder what they would do if I stripped naked and said "OK! I'm ready to weigh in!" LOL :-)

bombshellinprogress
04-30-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm with you AsleyRae! DYING to see those 160s. I'm a half pound away on my home scale, but I always weigh heavier on the center scale because of clothes, and it being the middle of the day (I usually go during lunch). Hmmm...I wonder what they would do if I stripped naked and said "OK! I'm ready to weigh in!" LOL :-)

The clinic I go to has a sign above the scales that says you must remain fully clothed or something like that :D

skelley331
04-30-2014, 05:44 PM
The clinic I go to has a sign above the scales that says you must remain fully clothed or something like that :D

I do know that the MRC South Central some women will weigh in just in their bra and underwear, some have told me that. LOL

patzi
04-30-2014, 09:22 PM
I do know that the MRC South Central some women will weigh in just in their bra and underwear, some have told me that. LOL

There is a woman here in my center that weighs in ia bra and underwear, also.. I wear the same weight clothes each week. I wear a light capri and a tee. Pants are a very thin cotton and the tee weights nothing. Scale at center is always 2 pounds higher than mine..

Patzi

geo56
04-30-2014, 09:31 PM
My center has an assortment of clothes you can change into to weigh. There are shorts, thin robes, house dresses. I have seen one or two people change. I wear the same thing every week and go at the same time.

skelley331
04-30-2014, 10:17 PM
I always weigh in with the clothes I wore when I signed up, a pair of light weight short shorts, and a cotton t-shirt, barefoot! LOl in the winter people think I'm crazy, I just take my shorts and t-shirt to change into!

patzi no matter what I wear their scales are always 2lbs higher than mine. That's why I weigh at home and then I don't worry about the scales at the center, I decided to concentrate on how my clothes fit as I had posted earlier. I'm excited to start stabilization next week. :carrot:

GinaXOXO
04-30-2014, 11:56 PM
I always weigh in with the clothes I wore when I signed up, a pair of light weight short shorts, and a cotton t-shirt, barefoot! LOl in the winter people think I'm crazy, I just take my shorts and t-shirt to change into!

patzi no matter what I wear their scales are always 2lbs higher than mine. That's why I weigh at home and then I don't worry about the scales at the center, I decided to concentrate on how my clothes fit as I had posted earlier. I'm excited to start stabilization next week. :carrot:

Congratulations to you for getting to your goal!! Losing 25 pounds is great!! I hope stabilization and maintenance are a breeze. (:

raven59
05-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Hi Everyone,
Still 100% on plan and still no budge in the scale. It's got to move sometime!

patzi
05-01-2014, 08:22 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and gained two pounds. Know why... For you that have been with me during my weigh loss challenge, know I experiment with triggers every now and then. If I gain, I don't eat it again, and try it at a later time.. Nuts is a big trigger for me..

I tried nuts again.Tried walnuts, as they are a healthy nut. Small quantity, I put in whiskey glass when I ate them, so I would not overdue. Well, I guess it is still a no no, as I gained 2 pounds, so I will put them in back burner for now, and get the weight off by next weigh in, hopefully.

I knew I would be over, as my scale at home told me.. I always weigh at home first, and knew I was over, as it was a 2 pound difference than scale at home, but it is just a scale, and weight will come off eventually.. Today is another day.

Raven.. When I hit a stall, I tried the shakes for a few days, or I went to the two meal plan for a few days and that most of the time worked. I was such a slow loser, anything off was a blessing. The thing that worked the best for me,however was eating more eggwhite omelets or egg beater omelets and fish. Center told me to do that, and that made me budge off the stall. I also cut out most carbs as that is a trigger .When I say carbs I mean, bread, pasta, grain, etc.

I don't know about y'all, but when I gain any weigh it is in my belly..

Patzi

skelley331
05-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Patzi you will get those 2lbs off you always do so well. And when I gain it's always in my belly also, I think its my age factor lol!!!

raven 59: you might try some of patzi's suggestions or talk with a counselor.

Ginaxoxo: I actually didn't hit my goal but feel good and my clothes fit great, I've been thru stabilization the first time but didn't follow it but this second time I will so I can find my trigger foods like patzi. Maintenance the last time was just counting calories and staying with the maintenance menu which is pretty much all the foods you eat on pre-conditioning.

AshleyRae
05-01-2014, 11:06 AM
I weighed in yesterday at the same weight, which is slightly frustrating...UNTIL I was shown the scale printout that indicated I'd lost loads of "fat" pounds and gained 10 pounds of muscle! I'll take it!
Even if the scale doesn't budge, bear in mind that you're body is still working! If you're staying on program, fat is disappearing!

beachrunner695
05-01-2014, 02:45 PM
How long has it been since you've lost, Raven? That is so frustrating! I got stuck for like a week and a half and they started talking about doing a plateau buster - I guess that scared my fat into disappearing because I was down 2 pounds 4 days later lol :-)

So my trainer that I work out with once a week kicked my butt all over the gym last night...I mean I was so weak when he got done with me that he had to help me lift my legs up for the last 2 leg lifts (my core is pathetically weak). I had nothing left by the time we finished that work out. But...when I got up this morning, on my scale at home, I was 169 even! I have finally broken out of the 170s. Haven't seen a weight under 170 in over 5 years. Hope the center scale shows me under 170 when I go in there tomorrow. I should probably stop weighing at home because then I get all disappointed when I weigh more at the center...but I just cant help it!

AshleyRae
05-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Hope the center scale shows me under 170 when I go in there tomorrow. I should probably stop weighing at home because then I get all disappointed when I weigh more at the center...but I just cant help it!

I don't even know what the scale at the center shows, because I refuse to look at it. The ladies there just tell me how much I've lost. I only need one scale to provide frustration, so I use my home one for that ;) Haha!

skelley331
05-01-2014, 04:34 PM
How long has it been since you've lost, Raven? That is so frustrating! I got stuck for like a week and a half and they started talking about doing a plateau buster - I guess that scared my fat into disappearing because I was down 2 pounds 4 days later lol :-)

So my trainer that I work out with once a week kicked my butt all over the gym last night...I mean I was so weak when he got done with me that he had to help me lift my legs up for the last 2 leg lifts (my core is pathetically weak). I had nothing left by the time we finished that work out. But...when I got up this morning, on my scale at home, I was 169 even! I have finally broken out of the 170s. Haven't seen a weight under 170 in over 5 years. Hope the center scale shows me under 170 when I go in there tomorrow. I should probably stop weighing at home because then I get all disappointed when I weigh more at the center...but I just cant help it!

I always weight 1-1/2 to 2lbs more when I weigh in at the center and yes it's frustrating

skelley331
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't even know what the scale at the center shows, because I refuse to look at it. The ladies there just tell me how much I've lost. I only need one scale to provide frustration, so I use my home one for that ;) Haha!

Good thinking!

raven59
05-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the advice and suggestions, Patzi.

I've been eating 2 eggs every morning for breakfast and have been having mostly fish for lunch and dinner. I have been having an apple every day at lunch, a medium sized one. I decided to weigh the apple today and look at the nutrition data based on weight,. it has a lot more carbs than I thought so I'll either change the fruit or only have 1/2 apple.

I've been at this weight for 2 weeks, but I did go off plan on Easter, so I'm only counting it as one full week without loss. Anyway, I'm sticking to the Green Menu for one more full week, but I'll switch to egg whites in the morning and keep the fruit serving small and hope that causes the scale to move. If not, then I might try going back on the Blue menu for a few days.

What I won't do is give up!!

beachrunner695
05-02-2014, 10:54 AM

That's the spirit!

beachrunner695
05-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Arghhhhhh! I weighed in and it said 169.5....I was elated! And then it bounced up to 170 for the official weight. So I guess I will officially break into the 160s next time! :-)

I'm starting to crave sweets really badly. Maybe I should have one of the protein bars for breakfast tomorrow morning to see if I can feed it enough to go away. I'm doing so great that I don't want to blow this!

Did anyone else's skin clear up within a few weeks of getting on this diet? Nobody really seems to have noticed my weight loss yet (I'm tall so I guess it will take a few more pounds before it starts to show), but I've had several people comment on how great my skin looks.

skelley331
05-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Arghhhhhh! I weighed in and it said 169.5....I was elated! And then it bounced up to 170 for the official weight. So I guess I will officially break into the 160s next time! :-)

I'm starting to crave sweets really badly. Maybe I should have one of the protein bars for breakfast tomorrow morning to see if I can feed it enough to go away. I'm doing so great that I don't want to blow this!

Did anyone else's skin clear up within a few weeks of getting on this diet? Nobody really seems to have noticed my weight loss yet (I'm tall so I guess it will take a few more pounds before it starts to show), but I've had several people comment on how great my skin looks.

Beachrunner695: Oh I know what you mean I hate when the scales do that! I would hold my breath and try not to move then boom it would jump up a 1/2 - 1lb!!!
Yes my hair and skin and nails look great!! That's why I love their EFA, vitamins and oils! I started taking the MSN for my joints (I have a little bit of arthritis) and my nails are growing like crazy and I love it because they use to be brittle and crack all the time!

Tsl88
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
If anyone on here has the week 1 and week 2 diet menus for MRC could you PLEASE fax to 386-755-0503. I want to restart. Have ordered everything from the store, but no menus to follow. Thank you! Or just list here if easier.

skelley331
05-02-2014, 05:02 PM
If anyone on here has the week 1 and week 2 diet menus for MRC could you PLEASE fax to 386-755-0503. I want to restart. Have ordered everything from the store, but no menus to follow. Thank you! Or just list here if easier.

We can't do that they are a copyright of MRC we could get into trouble and we have all paid for the program and that's how we got our menus, if you are going thru the center then they will give these to you as you work your way thru it.

geo56
05-02-2014, 10:10 PM
My nails are growing but my hair is getting thinner! Has anyone else had this problem? When I was doing Jenny Craig, there was a group of us that had the same problem. I talked to my hairdresser about it and she said any time you do something extreme it shows up in your hair.
Also my face is breaking out in little tiny bumps. I have sensitive skin anyway. I take the EFA and all the other vitamins. Not sure why I have to have these issues.

skelley331
05-02-2014, 11:01 PM
My nails are growing but my hair is getting thinner! Has anyone else had this problem? When I was doing Jenny Craig, there was a group of us that had the same problem. I talked to my hairdresser about it and she said any time you do something extreme it shows up in your hair.
Also my face is breaking out in little tiny bumps. I have sensitive skin anyway. I take the EFA and all the other vitamins. Not sure why I have to have these issues.

geo56: I've never had any problems with my hair getting thinner but you might talk to your counselor it might be something you are taking.

GinaXOXO
05-03-2014, 03:39 PM

IN 2010 I did a pretty extreme 30 day diet. My hair started falling out about 4 weeks later. It did come back. This time I am taking a hair and skin supplement through MRC. I hope it helps!! This is something I am concerned about. Will you please report back?

I did ask my counselor and she said that it "could" happen even with the supplement. So, that didn't give me a lot of confidence.

How long have you been working the MCR program?

geo56
05-03-2014, 04:40 PM
IN 2010 I did a pretty extreme 30 day diet. My hair started falling out about 4 weeks later. It did come back. This time I am taking a hair and skin supplement through MRC. I hope it helps!! This is something I am concerned about. Will you please report back?

I did ask my counselor and she said that it "could" happen even with the supplement. So, that didn't give me a lot of confidence.

How long have you been working the MCR program?

I started MRC Feb 3rd of this year. I am a slow loser and have lost 22 lbs.
I take all the supplements that they recommend. I will have to see about the hair and skin one.

GinaXOXO
05-04-2014, 02:53 PM
I started MRC Feb 3rd of this year. I am a slow loser and have lost 22 lbs.
I take all the supplements that they recommend. I will have to see about the hair and skin one.

It is called MSM. I tried using biotin last time after my hair started falling out. I didn't understand at that time it was already too late. Hairs enter a resting phase that lasts about 3 months before they are shed and replaced by new hair. If you don't get enough protein in your diet, a disproportionate number of hairs may go into the resting phase. This time I am using the hair supplement from the beginning of the diet. Also, MCR gives us plenty of protein.

"Women on a very strict calorie-deprived diet will lose weight very quickly. But it's hard to ensure they get the nutrients they need," McMichael says. Weight loss can also stress the body, which also contributes to hair loss. "Even if you lose weight very slowly on a doctor-approved program, you can still have associated hair loss."

It's common to shed hair after losing 15 pounds or more. Be patient. If you're healthy, your hair will come back after weight stabilizes.

How much hair have you lost? Is it just thinning? I have also read that as we age our hair will naturally thin. I have also read that a lot of people have undiagnosed candidas. Candidas can cause all kinds of health issues. This kind of diet is suppose to help (specifically ridding the body of sugar). So, I am hopeful that healing my body will not only make me feel better but also improve my hair and skin. Here is to hoping!!

AND congrats on your weight loss!!

geo56
05-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Gina,
My hair is just getting thinner. I have short hair anyway and it doesn't take anytime to blow dry it and I can see my scalp more. I will check out the MSM.
Thanks!

patzi
05-04-2014, 07:43 PM

I've been eating 2 eggs every morning for breakfast and have been having mostly fish for lunch and dinner. I have been having an apple every day at lunch, a medium sized one. I decided to weigh the apple today and look at the nutrition data based on weight,. it has a lot more carbs than I thought so I'll either change the fruit or only have 1/2 apple.

I've been at this weight for 2 weeks, but I did go off plan on Easter, so I'm only counting it as one full week without loss. Anyway, I'm sticking to the Green Menu for one more full week, but I'll switch to egg whites in the morning and keep the fruit serving small and hope that causes the scale to move. If not, then I might try going back on the Blue menu for a few days.

I find I lose better by eating egg whites into an omelet, and sometimes half egg beaters and egg whites.. Fruit plays havoc with me for the carb value, so do like you, eat 1/2 or even 1/4 and I never eat any at night.. It is a struggle at times, but really worth it. I also omit the bread in morning, or eat 1/2 the serving. It works differently for everyone, but that works for me. I am doing that now, where I gained two pounds .

Patzi

patzi
05-04-2014, 07:49 PM

I find that if I crave sweets I eat more protein at each meal. That usually does it. If you are craving sweets look at the carbs you are eating, you may need to cut back a bit or change the carbs. You will notice all at once people will say something about your weight loss. Now that I think about it, if the protein does not do it, add a good quality fat, a small amount, , to see if that helps. When my cravings became unbearable, I was told by center to up my protein at each meal, and really watch carbs.. Talk to your center about this if it continues and have them find a solution.. Another time, they told me to add fat by adding a fatty fish once a week like salmon..

Patzi

emoss72
06-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Anyone on here doing the MRC 28 day weight loss plan at home?