Living Maintenance - Any room for a prodigal midwife?

View Full Version : Any room for a prodigal midwife?

midwife
03-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Hey all,
Long time no see. I lurk but that's about it these days. I've gained it all back and then some, I suppose. I haven't weighed. I live in scrubs and work out clothes (not that I am actually, yanno, working out in said work out clothes). This past year has been very difficult for my family, but whether that's a reason or an excuse is irrelevant. So it's time for me to be honest with myself (and look for accountability here) once again.

So not a maintainer per se, at this time, but this is my comfy stomping grounds so I hope you will all let me practice healthy habits here once again. :hug:

BillBlueEyes
03-31-2014, 04:58 PM
So good to see you, Jen. In my book you're welcome anywhere.

And I hope you always keep that neat signature: "And that's how Beowulf rolls"~ my DD

traveling michele
03-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Hello midwife... welcome back. I'm sorry you've had hard times. I hope that you can find the support here that has helped you in the past.

berryblondeboys
03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Looks like we both chose today to come back? Welcome back. I have to lose a LOT.

I was never a maintainer, so I never hung out here, but I GOT SO CLOSE... not sure what it means to maintain... unless it means to maintain a high weight.

Arctic Mama
03-31-2014, 07:11 PM
Welcome back both Jen and Melissa! Never give up, I think we all have seasons where this comes so easily and others where just getting dressed feels like a struggle. But if we quit, we'll never succeed, right?

:grouphug:

ReillyJ
03-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Good to see you again, Melissa :)

Welcome back, Midwife!

bargoo
03-31-2014, 07:40 PM
Welcome back Melissa and midwife!

CalCounter1003
03-31-2014, 07:54 PM
Welcome back to both of you!
Been up and down many times myself. This time, I plan on staying down. Still learning how that is to be done!

JayEll
03-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi, midwife and berryblondeboys! Welcome back!

saef
03-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Welcome, Jen and Melissa.

Up slightly myself, and trying to decide whether to work on it seriously or see how it feels. So far, I'm trying it out.

Sounds like you've tried it, and you're done with it. If so, you know what you need from us, and we'll try to give it to you.

silverbirch
04-01-2014, 04:29 AM
Midwife! :hug: Really good to see you. I've thought about you a lot. I'm sorry things have been hard. Let's go out for a run together soon! Yes, I'm still working towards that. :)

Melissa, I don't think we've met. Hello. :wave:

Come and join us on the old 5-10 thread. Sometimes it has 5-10 in the title, sometimes it branches out a bit. I'm in the 10+ category myself :o but I still post there.

Mudpie
04-01-2014, 05:46 AM
:welcome2: midwife and berryblondeboys. We were discussing "maintenance fatigue" recently. Sounds like you both may have had a brush with that. The nice thing about 3FC (the whole forum, not just us) is that everyone is welcome back at any time. No shame, no judgement, just try again.

So welcome back!

Dagmar :cool:

paperclippy
04-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Welcome back to both of you! Midwife, I have missed you around here!

For what it's worth, I'm counting down the weeks until I stop breastfeeding and can start losing weight again. I've got 30lbs hanging around to get rid of so I only barely feel like a maintainer right now. :p I will join you guys on re-loss in a couple months!

ICUwishing
04-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Welcome back, Midwife! :wave: Up or down, it's great to see you posting again. :)

traveling michele
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Welcome back Melissa!

Shannon in ATL
04-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Jen - I've missed you here. Welcome back.**

Melissa - I know you from other parts of the forum and FB, look forward to interacting with you here, too. :)

**She says as she peeks back in today after mostly lurking for the last couple of months or so herself.

Megan1982
04-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Welcome back Jen and Melissa. It's good to see you both again. :)

midwife
04-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Hey all! Sorry I have not checked in much since. :) I am down 10.5 lbs since mid-March, so there's that. Just trying to plan my food, drink lots of water, and move more.

Whodathunk it?

silverbirch
04-30-2014, 09:46 AM
:wave:

10.5lbs is pretty good going!

traveling michele
04-30-2014, 10:13 AM
That's awesome! Keep it up!

Shannon in ATL
04-30-2014, 10:23 AM
10.5 is awesome! Good job. :)

saef
04-30-2014, 11:06 AM
You lost a dumbbell's worth. How cool is that? And it's inspiring, because that's exactly what I want to do. I should just create a 10-lb ticker and think of it that way.

Give us some more details to revel in, if you get a chance.

Megan1982
04-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Great job midwife! :carrot:

BillBlueEyes
04-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Cheers for ten pounds gone forever.

canadjineh
05-06-2014, 12:32 PM
You lost a dumbbell's worth. How cool is that? And it's inspiring, because that's exactly what I want to do. I should just create a 10-lb ticker and think of it that way.

Give us some more details to revel in, if you get a chance.

Yes, I have a 6 lb ticker on MFP that is my 'sit up & pay attention' range. In case I get a bit out of control, :nono:

Liana

Glory87
07-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Hello all my friends!!! I have completely slid off the rails since pregnancy and childbirth. I am still wearing pregnancy jeans and Ethan is 18 months old (on Friday). Excuses, excuses - but he's STILL not sleeping all night and the lack of sleep makes it really hard to be motivated to do anything but go to bed immediately at night and drink cup after cup of coffee in the afternoons at work.

But - I am committed to TRYING. It's been 1.5 days so far, ha! It is a pleasure to "see" you all again.

Obligatory "my kid is adorable" photo:
http://imgur.com/XTGeAAp

saef
07-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Good to see you. I know returning here means you may not think that, but I am looking forward to your posts.

The quote in your signature is, hands down, the best I've ever seen, or at least the one that has haunted me the longest, and I'd know it was you even if your username changed, as long as it was there.

And yes, he's adorable. Is he going to have auburn hair when he gets older, I wonder? Don't remember what his daddy looks like, though I'm pretty sure I recall your wedding photos when they were posted here.

paperclippy
07-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Welcome back Glory! Join me in the extremely post-partum club. ;) My girls are 14 months and I am on week 3 of working on getting back down (using MuTu system + calorie counting).

Glory87
07-08-2014, 03:39 PM
The quote in your signature is, hands down, the best I've ever seen, or at least the one that has haunted me the longest, and I'd know it was you even if your username changed, as long as it was there.

And yes, he's adorable. Is he going to have auburn hair when he gets older, I wonder? Don't remember what his daddy looks like, though I'm pretty sure I recall your wedding photos when they were posted here.

I still love the signature, I need to internalize it again! Ethan has nearly white blonde hair, but my husband thinks it may have a reddish tinge too. Jason has sandy blonde/brown hair but was a tow head as a kid. My paternal grandmother was a red head, so the chance is there!

Of course day 2 of eating better and someone brought in a tupperware full of sugar cookies. I can do it!

Mudpie
07-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Jessica and Glory, I think the babies decide when you can start to lose the pregnancy weight. Now that they are old enough to give you some time you can focus on a bit more than just them and all the rest of the "life" stuff that needs to get done every day. I'm sure you will both do well at getting where you want to go.

Dagmar :cheer2:

Shannon in ATL
07-25-2014, 02:47 PM
How did I miss Glory popping in here earlier this month? :wave: