100 lb. Club - Where to start?

View Full Version : Where to start?

6months
03-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone, I am looking for some tips to starting the weight loss journey.

There is just so much out there, how do I know which method to use? I don't want a diet I want more of a lifestyle change. Do I count calories, watch carb intake?

Do you have any tips for a newbie to this? Where did you start? What did you find work the best for yourself?

My ultimate goal is to loose 100 pounds, but right now I am focusing on getting below 200.

Thanks!

lotsakids
03-31-2014, 06:28 PM
I started because of my health so my journey might look different than yours. I will say, that making small changes and getting them in place helps. I was dx'd with diabetes. I stopped eating sugar, potatoes, pasta, and rice. Then a couple of months in I stopped eating wheat, then a month after that I started walking (to the end of my street :) I got one change figured out before adding another. Now I'm walking 5 miles a day and my new change is some weight training.

Small steps done daily become habits. Habits become lifestyle. Lifestyle brings lasting change.

Donna34747
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
I started by logging every thing I eat on my fitness pal. It became obvious real quick on what changes I needed to make. Other than tracking my food and exercise (so that I'm very aware of the repercussion of my choices) I'm just focusing on making the healthiest choice i can in each situation. I'm not perfect, and I'm not trying for perfection. Just focusing on doing the best I can. One day at a time.

time2lose
03-31-2014, 09:02 PM
I recommend starting by logging your food and not eating junk food. Drink plenty of water. Then analyze your eating habits. Read about different eating plans and see what appeals to you. Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Don't overwhelm yourself by taking on too much at first.