Old 03-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #76

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing. Man, is it ever blowing! We are in a wind advisory until tomorrow. The thermometer says 73 but it sure doesn't feel like that to me. I think once the sun moves around to the west side of the house, the thermometer says it is warmer than it really is. There were only two of us counting this morning so it took longer. We did balance on the first try though. I took some magazines to my friend in the hospital. She has no feeling in one leg below the knee as a result of the muscles being cut during surgery. They have told her the feeling could come back in two days, two weeks, two months, or never. She has to have chemo and is dealing with a temporary bag, on top of the leg issue. Tough stuff. I've been to the bank with the gift shop money and now to get back to the afghan.

Maggie -- I have a Betty Crocker cookbook that I got for a shower gift; I use it often. I didn't know that you could buy license plates for a state you didn't live in at the time. I don't know about Iowa, but Nebraska gives a new resident 30 days to get new plates and then they fine you. That happened to Amanda before she and Jason were married.

"Gma" -- I'm so sorry the spotting and cramping have returned. Thomas is much braver than I to try new foods. Just the names sound icky to me. I hope the peace and quiet last next door. The pastor came in the office while I was still there this morning. He showed me his Cubs tie and said, "they're on top . . . alphabetically!"

I need to keep working on the afghan! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 03-31-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON IN APRIL MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It is another windy day here in the ♥-Land in the high 60◦ area. The animals are all inside here keeping me company. The wind is blowing hard today and carrying dust everywhere and making me sneeze.

YIPEKIO ~ I am back and showed a 3 pound loss at weigh in this morning. Hopefully now I can continue onward and downward on the road to thin.

We went and bought a new battery for the MH and will buy the other two which are deep cell ones soon. They run all the inside stiff and the one we got today is for the engine starting. We needed to get a battery so we can start it up and drive it to the HP office out in the country to have the VIN number checked by them for the tune of $50 to make sure it is really ours and we didn’t steal it. We have the papers from where we bought it and proof of insurance but that won’t do probably because then they wouldn’t get their $50 for doing the check. It’s a real “gotcha” and this isn’t the only state that does that. But fortunately once it is done we can get the license and don’t have to jump through their hoops anymore.

I found the solution for my jewelry since I don’t want to have the containers they presently reside in and it is a hanging 80 pocket jewelry accessories organizer which will hang nicely in my closet in the MH. I want to get one of the ones with the larger pockets made for shoes to store some of my cooking utensils in. There is a little closet in the kitchen area that is just about 8 inches wide that the one with the utensils would be handy hanging in. It is a floor to ceiling closet that was probably meant for formal wear to hang in or a broom closet. Who knows, but I can use it for what I want.

JEAN Full time travelers can choose where they want their vehicles registered as long as they have an address in that state and every state has re-mail box address places (some are at the UPS stores) and that is what is legally used ~ in fact you can have as many of these re-mail boxes you want to pay for. How they work is you give them a call and tell them what PO to send your mail to "general delivery" and you can pick it up there. We have now chosen to keep our KS plates for the meantime anyway which makes it the easier way right now for our address is here and we can get a "re-mail box" here or wherever we want when we go full timing. We may or may not change for to do that depends on the cost in a different state to get all the vehicle tags changed since we run personal plates on both vehicles. It is best to have your drivers license in the same state you have your vehicle tags. Mine is still good here for 2 years. Hope that explains it and I didn't muddy it up for you.

Always remember ~ Never, ever, never give up

Last edited by Maggie; 04-02-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #3  

Good morning girls! Going to be a gorgeous day today. It is already in the 60's. I have my last surgical appt today at 11 AM then I should be done with that. I then don't have anything until May when I have a biopsy again with my gyn to make sure everything is still ok then back to regular dr in July. I do hope they get on the ball and send me my A1C results. She said they would, but they haven't so far or I would never have gotten into this diabetic mess in the first place.

On that issue I am doing great. Since we ate at a buffet on Sunday, I took my blood sugar 2 hours after eating there. A good diabetic number is below 180 after eating and a normal person should be below 120. I was 123 so I was really close and that was with eating at a buffet. I didn't have a bunch of desserts or anything, but I had some pasta salad, shrimp, a piece of fried chicken, a couple cubes of cheese, some olives, and a raspberry Danish.

I am hoping I like the scrunch flats and they fit nicely. I would like to have something to take on the trip that is lightweight if it rains or something where I shouldn't wear sandals. I bought a nude pair and a really cute navy and white striped pair, both on sale and I had a coupon for 25% off and free shipping too so saved about $30 on the deal. I also found a couple pairs of capris in colors I don't have and a couple tshirts at Walmart online. Don't know if I will like them or not, but we shall see.

Jean: Ya, and the Cubs lost in 10 innings yesterday as per usual. Please tell her from me that the ostomy bag does get better the more she gets used to it. Hopefully she is using Hollister supplies. I found them to be the best and they have an 800# you can call for help and they are really great. Please give her my email if she has questions about anything with regards to it. I would be glad to help if I can. We have had a lot of rain this spring already and looks like more to come. I know when we went grocery shopping the fields were soaked and I know they need to get out and plant and soon. Cotton has a long growing season from what I understand.

Maggie: Congrats on the loss, that's great. I imagine I put on a couple with the buffet thing.

Everyone have a great day. Time to zip around and get chores done and then get cleaned up and ready to go to the dr. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon! We started the day with sunshine, 15 degrees, and wind! The sun has disappeared, the wind has calmed down some, and it's 40 degrees. Snow is predicted for tonight and tomorrow. We left early this morning for Sioux City. I had a dermatologist appt., and Bob had a date with the Ford mechanic for an oil change, tire rotation, and to find a buzzing/humming noise. They were kind enough to give us a ride to the mall. I bought some birthday clothes for Kolby and Zowie, then we sat and watched the people go by. I should have taken my tennis shoes and we could have walked with the exercise walkers but never thought about it. The truck didn't do the buzzing/humming when they drove it so that didn't get fixed. It will most likely get worse.

Maggie -- on the three pound loss! You have the scale going your way now! What will you have on your license plate? My car has the U. S. Flag with 59OUT. I've had lots of people ask the significance of it. We didn't choose the numbers or letters, just luck of the draw.

"Gma" -- I hope your doctor's appt. went ok and with no glitches. I did a quick look through the clothes at Penneys but didn't see anything I couldn't live without. I need something new for casual and a wedding this summer. The farmers are getting antsy to get in the fields but we really need the rain first.

I need to pick up the clutter and vacuum the dust/fur bunnies. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Tuesday Evening

GOOD AFTERNOON IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

Thank goodness the wind has abated. It is said to get into the low 70˚s today and it did and was quite a lovely day.

I made a breakfast type meal for dinner using my waffle plates that fit in my Cuisinart Griddler®. I have some great tasting sugar free syrup and a lightened version of waffles. I also had some fresh strawberries I sliced up and sweetened slightly with some Splenda® and a sprinkle of Balsamic Vinegar. They are so yummy that way.

Tomorrow is supposed to be as lovely as today and Will is planning on taking the MH for its inspection of vin numbers to ascertain if it was stolen so we can then order the personal plates for it. He got the new battery installed today. I will be glad when we can get the license plates and then can bring it over here and get some things loaded in it.

Tomorrow I am planning to mix up a recipe of “Nutty Toasted Snack Mix” so Will can take the most of it to the museum for his fellow workers to enjoy.

JEAN The personal plate on the MH will be J BAR 33 which is our brand and on the Jeep we have AU DUST which the AU is the chemical symbol for Gold. The picture in the background on the plates is the sun setting on a farm scene. I prefer the old ones we had that had a buffalo in the background but they didn't ask my opinion when they made the change. There are other things to choose from for the background but we liked the farm scene best.

DONNA FAYE Hopefully your doc appointments went well. You sound like you are getting your outfits all ordered for your trip. Won't it be a relief to get them all packed and ready to go.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-02-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies. The birds are singing full tilt this morning. We are supposed to get rain, but it didn't rain last night like they said so who knows? It is going to be near 80 again today so that is great. I actually had the fans on all night last night an didn't get cold.

I finally got my backordered bra yesterday. Don't like the Playtex 18 hour as much as the Glamorize bras, but they are half the price too. I bought 2 glamorize, but it was a buy one get one so couldn't go wrong on that.

Dr released me and said it looked good. She told the resident who was in the room with us that I never let anything bother me. She said we have some who everything bothers them, but not this lady. She always has a smile on her face and a good attitude. She then gave me a big hug and that was it.

Jean: Hope you didn't get snow. Isn't that always the way it is. You have a noise in your car or it is acting up and when you take it in, it quits. We think we may have a tire pressure sensor on the fritz, but we don't know. Before we go on vacation we will have it checked for sure, but it will come on, stay for a day or two then go off and not come back on again for months. Jack always checks the tires when it comes on, but they are never low.

Maggie: Our license plate is a retired Navy one. It has the Navy seal with retired on it and we are 2M 200. Glad you are finding everything to replace your bigger and heavier stuff.

Well I hear Jack getting dressed for work so I should go so he can play Freecell while he is eating breakfast. Have a good middle of the week. Faye
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #7  

Good Morning! It's another gloomy, 25 degree, breezy morning in my neighborhood. Snow has been taken out of the forecast but have rain drops for 3-4 days. We do need the rain but wish it could rain while the sun shines. There was a big raccoon in the live trap this morning. He evidently had a rough night as the cage was moved from where Bob put it, and poop all around, and in, the cage. I did feel sorry for him. When I turned the light on to feed Black Cat, who wasn't here, the raccoon was curled up in a ball sleeping. I need to run some errands this morning and have bell practice later this afternoon.

Maggie -- You were up bright and early this morning to post. What all do you put in your snack mix? I like to have something like that for the kids to munch on at the lake. Your license plates are unique for sure. I/we would like the farm background too. There are lots of Iowa and Iowa State plates around here. Most have letters and numbers to make some sort of message. I don't even try to decipher them.

"Gma" -- What does 80 feel like, I've forgotten. Do you order the same size bra for both brands? Playtex quit making the style I wore for years and I don't especially like the one I bought. My tire warning comes on when the temperature warms up. I get a monthly diagnostic email detailing the different mechanical things that might need attention. Unfortunately there isn't anything for clunk noises. I like the military license plates and there are a few here in town.

I need to get busy and make my errand list. I'm driving a different car while mine is in the shop; makes me a little nervous. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 04-02-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

When Will took the MH to get the VIN number verified that the rig wasn’t stolen and in fact it belongs to us the man said he had just bought a new MH and now can’t afford to go anywhere using it because of the price of gas. Well no wonder, since he has that huge payment on a brand new rig and has that payment to make and who knows what else he is paying for. We don’t owe anyone anything for we are totally debt free and paid cash for the MH so we are able to travel.

I now have the latest Spring addition of the WW recipe format booklet. It is called “Weight Watchers best Italian Recipes” which is the Spring 2014 publication sold in the magazine section. I am going to have fun with this collection of Italian goodies and deciding which of the entrees to make first.

The weather here in the ♥-Land is a lovely 60 with just a nice breeze blowing softly. Our animals are happy to be outside. Beanie is playing with his ball and Ragg Mopp and Cecil are snoozing. Beanie has a soft ball of 6 inch diameter that appeared in our yard some time back and he just loves it. He will roll it to my feed so I will kick it way across the yard and he can chase it joyfully. He talks to it even.

JEAN Actually I was up late for I don't usually get to bed much before 2 these days. Here is the recipe for the mix:

NUTTY TOASTED SNACK MIX
1 cup whole natural almonds
1 1/2 cups small pretzels
1 cup sesame sticks
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups wheat, rice or corn squares cereal
1 cup toasted oat cereal (Cheereos)
2 tsp garlic powder

Spread almonds i a single layer in a shallow pan.
Place in a cold oven, toast at 350 degree, 8-12 minutes
stirring occasionally until lightly toasted.
Remove from pan to cool.
Toss together all ingredients except butter.
Drizzle with butter and toss to coat evenly.
Spread mixture in a shallow pan and bake at 350 degrees 10 minutes
Stir occasionally until lightly toasted.
Cool, store in airtight containers.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Servings 12
Yield: 6 1/2 cups

Amount Per Serving
Calories, 334
Total Fat 16.21g
Dietary Fiber 2.65g
Protein 7.83g
Cholesterol 10.17mg
Sodium 536.96mg
Potassium 167.84mg
Sugar 0.90g
Net Carbohydrates 39.07g

DONNA FAYE I have yet to understand why a company doesn't still sell a bra that has been made for years and just add another one to the mix with improvements they see fit. Everyone doesn't want any changes to a tried and true product. Hopefully you have found some that will work for you.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #9  

Good morning gals. We had the fans on all night last night as it didn't dip below 70 and it is supposed to be around 81 today, which I will gladly take. It was supposed to rain and it hasn't yet. They kept pushing up the time for the thunderstorms, but they haven't happened so who knows whether it is going to rain or not.

My meds and my shoes should come today and my clothing tomorrow if the post office doesn't screw it up. They sent my meds ups air 2 day probably because of the insulin pens which have to be refrigerated. I hope I like these shoes, but if I don't I can take them back to a Payless here and return them and not have to ship them back. It is the same with anything from Target or Walmart online.

Last work day this week for Jack. He gets tomorrow off because the city employees get the day MLK was shot off. They keep talking about reducing their holidays, but I guarantee they would take Christmas off the table before they take this away from them even though they already get MLK bday off. Ridiculous. He is going to go and get the oil changed in the morning. We have that automated thing in our car, but he usually goes when it is about 20% or so and is trying to calculate it for the cruise driving as the last two years the auto thingy came on while we were driving back home and the dang thing drives you nuts dinging. You can reset, but then when you turn the car off and back on then it starts dinging for awhile again.

Maggie: Thanks for the recipe. It is sort of like the cereal snack mix without the Worcestershire sauce. I would substitute as I am not a fan of almonds. I had a friend when I worked at the law firm who made this stuff up for her card club. It had popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, candy corn and something else in it. It was sure addicting. I just hate paying $50 for a darn bra that doesn't feel comfortable.

Jean: I can't believe you haven't started warming up at all. I guess 25 is warmer than 0 though, huh? They put "intelligent" meters on last month for the electric and just got the first bill last night and it was $289 and we barely used the furnace. It supposedly reads it total usage instead of estimating when it is read by a meter reader. They don't use meter readers and of course, we are one of the areas that got the new things. We shall see. We may be sitting in the dark and in the heat!

You all have a great day! Faye
Old 04-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Thursday

It is drizzling here in the ♥-Land with temps to be a 43˚s high and 28˚s low. The cat came in and gave me the weather report of the drizzle. When it drizzles it chills me to the bones. The heater is going in this house even as I type.

Quite awhile back I received a neat recipe from a friend that is called “Overnight Cherry Almond Oatmeal” and is to be cooked in a crock pot overnight. I plan on making it tonight and having it tomorrow. The note I have beside the recipe in my Breakfast binder is that I got it from Jean. It is really yummy and good for you.

I think I have a rack of ribs in the freezer that are pre-cooked and just need to be warmed up in the oven and that is what we will have for dinner. If that rack isn’t there (I may have cooked it already) when I go out and look then I know there is one that needs to be cooked and there is time to do that before dinner for sure.

I am not sure if any of you have this list but in case you don’t you might find it helpful. It consists of “10 snacks with a PointsPlus value of 4 or less.

TOP TEN!

APPLE-NUT CRISP
Spread 1 Tbsp low-fat peanut butter on ½ whole wheat matzo.
Top with ¼ thinly sliced small apple and ½ tsp honey.
MAKES 1 Crisp PointsPlus value: 4

APRICOT BITES
Top 6 dried apricot halves evenly with 1 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese and 1 tsp finely chopped pistachio nuts.
MAKES 6 Bites. PointsPlus value: 3

CHEESY CELERY
Fill 1 large celery stalk with 2 Tbsp low-calorie garlic-and-herb cheese
(such as Boursin). MAKES 1 Filled Stalk. PointsPlus value: 1

MINI ANTIPASTO
Wrap (¼ -oz) slice prosciutto around 1 stick part –skim string cheese.
Serve with olives.
MAKES 1 Cheese stick with 3 small olives. PointsPlus value: 4

PIMENTO TOASTS
Mix 2 Tbsp whipped cream cheese, 1 Tbsp chopped roasted red peppers, and pinch cayenne in bowl. Spread on 4 slices Melba toast.
MAKES 4 Toasts PointsPllus value: 4

POPCORN MIX
Mix 1½ tsp light butter, melted; ⅛ tsp fat-free cream cheese, ¼ tsp green pepper sauce; and pinch chili powder in bowl. Add 1 ½ C plain air-popped popcorn and 1 Tbsp chopped low –fat honey-roasted peanuts; toss.
MAKES 1½ cups. PointsPlus value: 3

SALMON ROLL
Mix ¼ C drained canned salmon, 1 tsp fat-free cream cheese, ¼ tsp creamy horseradish in bowl; spread on 1 whole wheat tortilla. Roll up.
MAKES 1 Roll. PointsPlus value: 4

SMOKED FISH DIP
Mix 1 oz flaked smoked whitefish, 3 Tbsp fat-free ricotta, juice ¼ lemon, 1 T minced celery, and 1 tsp minced red onion in bowl. Serve with whole wheat bagel chips.
MAKES ⅓ cup Dip with 4 Bagel Chips. PointsPlus value: 3

SPICY HUMMUS
Mix ¼ C hummus, 1 tsp chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomato, pinch cumin, and pinch allspice in bowl, Served with sliced cucumber.
MAKES ¼ Cup Hummus w/ ½ cup Cucumber. PointsPlus value: 3

THAI PINEAPPLE Mix ½ C diced pineapple, 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, 1 Tbsp chopped mint, juice ¼ lime, pinch kosher salt, and pinch cayenne in bowl.
MAKES ⅔ C, PointsPlus value: 1

DONNA FAYE Your temps are high ~ looks like you have hopped right into summer there. I don't envy your humidity. There are so many variations of those "snack mixes" that a person can put what ever they like into them. You might like some of the recipes for snacks I posted above from WW.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #11  

Good morning gals. Well we got our thunderstorms. They rolled in around 2 AM this morning and made a heck of a noise. Jack said he found the trash can out by the gate this morning so we must have had a lot of wind too. I know some people here in town lost power.

Jack took off about 6:15 to go get the oil change. His appt is for 7 AM, but he is there when the doors open so he can be first one done. He said he was going to run by Chick-fil-et and get a sausage biscuit and he took orange juice from here at home. He is treating me to a chicken bagel this morning. Rare treat because they aren't cheap in pts for sure.

Here is my openwork tank sweater. I finished it last evening and boy do my hands hurt this morning. I started on the finishing work around 6 AM yesterday and put it down and then picked it up, etc all throughout the day. I watched a video awhile back about putting in necklines and armholes and boy did it work well. I now have a bit more knitting knowledge than I did for sure. I gave you two views so you could see the pattern a bit better. It was actually a pretty easy and fun knit. I didn't get bored with it like I do when I do straight stockinette sweaters.

My meds came yesterday in a styrofoam container packed in ice. My Lantus has to be refrigerated so I guess that is why they shipped it in those ice packs. We kept them as they are reusable and will be great for traveling when we need something cold, but dry.

I got the nicest phone call yesterday from the hospital checking to make sure I was ok after my surgery. She said the hospital has a policy of not letting their patients feel they have been left alone after they have surgery so they always check up on them 2 months out to make sure they are doing ok. She was a nurse too not just some admin person. They certainly have it all over the other hospital for sure.

Maggie: Ooh thanks for those snack recipes. I get tired of the same stuff all the time and am always looking for things I can have for snacks.

Everyone have a great day and great weekend. I am going to run some errands when Jack gets back and have laundry to do then will tackle house cleaning this weekend. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cruisesweater.jpg (31.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg cruisesweater2.jpg (46.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #12  

Good Morning! We got up to 3+" of snow! It was icy underneath so area schools had a late start, even the locals started late and that is very unusual. It's cloudy and windy but supposed to be 45 this afternoon. I have a meatloaf dinner in the oven and a load of clothes in the washer. Yesterday I took three greeting cards containing gift cards to the po wanting to know if they needed to be hand stamped or could go through the machine. I was charged an additional 21 cents each, for handling! The trainee from church wasn't there and I asked about him. The clerk rolled her eyes and said he went to another po; I'm betting a teeny tiny one on the verge of closing.

Maggie -- I'm curious if you got some snow? I had to when I read about the oatmeal recipe thinking it sounded like mine. Thanks for sharing the toasted snack recipe plus all the other snack ideas and recipes. I see where the price of limes is going to sky rocket.

"Gma" -- It's nice Jack has the day off, even for a stupid reason. Just my opinion shared by many, many others! We have "smart" water meters. Our last bill just came and after being gone for two weeks, it was exactly the same as the previous month. Your sweater turned out beautiful!

I need to switch laundry loads. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Beautiful Friday ` 4-4-14

I had a wonderful night’s sleep and when I awoke I realized that I had breakfast waiting for me in the Crock Pot. Uuummmm ~ what a treat. Jean I lightened it a tad by using Splenda® brown and it worked out great. Have you made it using other dried fruit in place of the cherries? I imagine that dried apples or figs would be good. I can see myself making this often while on the road. Oatmeal is one of the things that is “so good for you.” Life is good.

We were out and about today just having a good time of it. Nothing much but enjoying each others company and the beautiful weather.

JEAN Thanks again for that recipe we really have enjoyed having it. You sent it to me a long time ago and I have enjoyed having it muchly. Nope, we didn't get any snow but did get a smattering of rain.

DONNA FAYE We have always had nice treatment like that whenever we had to do with any hospitals. I just figured they all operated like that.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #14  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it's 42 degrees outside. I am having a lazy morning while Bob is out on his Saturday rounds. I decided to give the washer one last try on the sheet cycle before I called the repairman. Wouldn't you know it worked perfectly this morning. *sigh* Since the sun is shining I can see all the dusty foot/paw prints, maybe I will mop later but then again maybe not.

Maggie -- I haven't tried any other fruit in the oatmeal. In fact, I haven't made it for quite awhile. Someone on Facebook had the same recipe using whole milk instead of the almond milk. Someone else suggested using 1/2 and 1/2.

I need to feed the squirrels and birds. Yesterday there was a flock of black birds that kept swooping in to eat. The poor robins and Mr. Cardinal wouldn't land while they were here. I'd tap on the window and everyone would fly in up the tree. I see my doves are back again. Warmer weather has got to be getting closer!

I need to change laundry loads. Hope you all enjoy your day today!

Last edited by Jean; 04-05-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

Here is a quote out of the latest WW mag that I really like since I absolutely love fruit:

BETTER TOGETHER
Grapes may be even more potent in a fruit salad. Cornell University research found that a mixture of grapes, blueberries, oranges and apples produces a bigger antioxidant punch than the same amount of a single fruit.”

Hope the day is going well with you this beautiful sunny day ~ at least it is sunny here in the ♥-Land. I had another wonderful night of sleep and got up late this day. We went out for breakfast at noon and I chose “beaters” and ate sensibly. I am currently sipping on a sugar free, fat free vanilla latte which is yummy.

I have got to get one of my down filled pillows ready to go to the cleaners for they have a sign out they are going to be cleaning that type of pillows the middle of this month. I have one that I have had for years that needs cleaning and my new one doesn’t need it yet. I have the instructions on how to do it at home but prefer that they do it.

Nothing much out of the ordinary going on this day here in this berg.

JEAN I can see using regular milk in that recipe but 1/2 & 1/2 would seem to add more points I would want but it sure would be creamy. I think that using what it is called for is best because maybe whole milk or cream could spoil at that low temperature for as long as the recipe calls for it to be cooking that low. Those squirrels and birds can sure go through a bag of food quickly, at least here.