Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 3/28/2014

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 3/28/2014

lisa32989
03-28-2014, 05:10 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
03-28-2014, 05:27 AM
Friday! TGIF!

Amber: I saw your question about cooking a whole chicken. Kinda hard to measure first b/c of the bones. I use a general rule of thumb to subtract 2 oz from cooked meat. A lot of water cooks off (yes, animals retain water too and many whole chickens are also injected by food processors). My rule came after experimenting with weighing pre/post cooking of many meals.

But veggies. I measure everything going in the pot and when it comes out so I know how much it cooked down and what my portion is.

TurtleMom
03-28-2014, 07:20 AM
Amber, I do the same as Lisa when I cook something for the family -measure 2 oz less for cooked meat. Works well for whole chickens & roasts :)

I love it when I have a meal we can share! When my meal ends up being completely different because my food needs are so very different from theirs, I feel self-conscious.I've been trying to be very mindful of what I say about this process around my daughter. She is young, so I have been telling her that I am being choosy with my foods because I want to be as healthy as possible. Also, that choosing the right foods and exercising helps my body (ie Fibro) not hurt as much. So far, she accepts it. She is active, eats an amazing variety of veggies & fruits, and is very likely to grow up with the opposite body issues that I have. (She is built like her father -long, lean, and a tendency to be underweight). I so hope that she does grow to hate her body shape, that she can love and appreciate what her body can do. Deep thoughts for a Friday -sorry! What do you tell your kids about the IP program?

The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

sunflwr816
03-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Happy Friday!!

Weigh in this morning....down 2.8!! :carrot::carrot:

I was so occupied this week with life/dog/job that I hardly thought about food at all. Only when my stomach would start to ache, I'd realize "oh yeah, it'e time to eat." For so long, I have been eating out of boredom, sadness, celebration, etc that I almost forgot what HUNGER felt like! Crazy!

Also, very excited...tomorrow is my cousin's wedding. I'm down almost 15 pounds and I cannot wait to wear a sexy dress and dance with my family feeling confident!

Newbierm
03-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Finally made back into onederland. 7 weeks, 14 lbs. I doubt that IP would make me their poster child, but I'll take what I can get.
Have a Good Friday everyone!

sunflwr816
03-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Finally made back into onederland. 7 weeks, 14 lbs. I doubt that IP would make me their poster child, but I'll take what I can get.

Congrats!!!! :bravo:

sweetharmony
03-28-2014, 08:00 AM

That's great!!! Congrats!!:carrot:

Jenny38
03-28-2014, 08:05 AM

Way to go:)

I made it to onederland to this week! So happy to see a number on the scale start with 1 and the 2's are gone for good.
Have a great Friday!

AmberLS
03-28-2014, 08:47 AM
Friday! TGIF!

Amber: I saw your question about cooking a whole chicken. Kinda hard to measure first b/c of the bones. I use a general rule of thumb to subtract 2 oz from cooked meat. A lot of water cooks off (yes, animals retain water too and many whole chickens are also injected by food processors). My rule came after experimenting with weighing pre/post cooking of many meals.

But veggies. I measure everything going in the pot and when it comes out so I know how much it cooked down and what my portion is.

Thank you that seems like a reasonable amount to deduct. I knew I could do some experimenting, but I hardly have time! LOL :D

AmberLS
03-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Amber, I do the same as Lisa when I cook something for the family -measure 2 oz less for cooked meat. Works well for whole chickens & roasts :)

I love it when I have a meal we can share! When my meal ends up being completely different because my food needs are so very different from theirs, I feel self-conscious.I've been trying to be very mindful of what I say about this process around my daughter. She is young, so I have been telling her that I am being choosy with my foods because I want to be as healthy as possible. Also, that choosing the right foods and exercising helps my body (ie Fibro) not hurt as much. So far, she accepts it. She is active, eats an amazing variety of veggies & fruits, and is very likely to grow up with the opposite body issues that I have. (She is built like her father -long, lean, and a tendency to be underweight). I so hope that she does grow to hate her body shape, that she can love and appreciate what her body can do. Deep thoughts for a Friday -sorry! What do you tell your kids about the IP program?

The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

I too have young daughters, well one 15 year old who understands, she remembers me healthy and understands this isn't to be "skinny" per say. My little ones I use as cheerleaders, I told them mommy wants to be healthier and be able to play better with them. I joke with them and ask them if I can eat their food and they both go "No mommy you're on a diet" lol then we all giggle and I chase after them. They ask me about my "diet" food and I let them try lot's of things. They too are all super good eaters, we don't drink any soda or too much juice(its a treat if I let them), they love fruits and veggies, and my youngest who kind of is a carb eater is so tiny I don't think it's going to matter. I think my youngest two will have the opposite problem as well, in fact I know my youngest will, the middle is a gymnast and at not quite six she is tone, muscular, and amazingly strong. My oldest is a freshman and just made varsity soccer in a starting position. She is healthy, but she is in the most danger because she is built IDENTICAL to me and so we do talk a lot about the choices I made that got me here, but she runs 3 miles a day so I think she is going to be ok.

sweetenuf
03-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Good Morning all

CONGRATS to all with the amazing losses and hitting ONEderland....that is just wonderful.

Amber I get ya...I have 2 teen boys. Youngest (13) is tall and thin and thinks he can eat whatever whenever and however much he wants and he is not active. My oldest (14) is becoming more aware of what he is eating and is shorter and has been chunky up till the last year. But now on top of eating better with me he does Taekwondo and bowling. My kids and hubby are on board with me if they want carbs they go eat out lol. They even are enjoying WF with me.

catlady1981
03-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Happy Friday!!

Weigh in this morning....down 2.8!! :carrot::carrot:

I was so occupied this week with life/dog/job that I hardly thought about food at all. Only when my stomach would start to ache, I'd realize "oh yeah, it'e time to eat." For so long, I have been eating out of boredom, sadness, celebration, etc that I almost forgot what HUNGER felt like! Crazy!

Also, very excited...tomorrow is my cousin's wedding. I'm down almost 15 pounds and I cannot wait to wear a sexy dress and dance with my family feeling confident!

:congrat: That is awesome. Dance your heart out!

catlady1981
03-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Way to go!:carrot:

catlady1981
03-28-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm going to consciously uncouple from my fat. That is all.

danilynn
03-28-2014, 09:36 AM
:bravo: Congrats to all the ladies who lost today!!!!

Happy Friday!!!! I am happy it is friday --- i so did not want to get up this morning.

feeling a bit under the weather today... its those darn Allergies!!!

lol, Catlady1981 -- i second that motion!

ssubert
03-28-2014, 09:39 AM

Party on!!! Buy yourself a bunch of daffodils and celebrate. This is great news.:hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::hat:

ssubert
03-28-2014, 09:42 AM

I made it to onederland to this week! So happy to see a number on the scale start with 1 and the 2's are gone for good.
Have a great Friday!

Great!!! Do something for yourself and celebrate. Flowers? Pedicure?
:carrot::bunny2::bunny2::bunny2::bunny2::bunny2:

CarbLover443
03-28-2014, 09:46 AM

THAT is hilarious!!!

kontesanera
03-28-2014, 10:00 AM

:D This made me Laugh Out Loud!

Yayalaine
03-28-2014, 10:02 AM

Love!! Haha!

dcs0826
03-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Good Morning all! Question for today- anyone know if non dairy coffee creamer is acceptable? I'm talking about the gross, powdery stuff?

kaylynt
03-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Hey ladies, do you guys use a scale to weigh your 8 onz?

sweetenuf
03-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Good Morning all! Question for today- anyone know if non dairy coffee creamer is acceptable? I'm talking about the gross, powdery stuff?

My foundings on this when I started was No, it has bad stuff in it too. I did a google search on, can you have non dairy creamer on IP and a whole bunch of stuff to read came up. For 10 weeks now I use the chocolate RTD as my creamer with one pkg of stevia in the raw. You get use to it and its 100% OP :)

sweetenuf
03-28-2014, 10:22 AM

Yes a food scale, Just remember to weigh it raw.

tbc85
03-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Good Morning and TGIF!! We are hoping to plant our summer garden this weekend :) I cant wait to enjoy my veggies fresh out of my backyard!! I use the vanilla RTD for my creamer with 1 splenda every morning. Also not an official WI but I hopped on the scale this morning and 202.8 (so close to Onderland!) Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

lisa32989
03-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Congrats on that! And remember, this isn't a race, it is a lifestyle change so that we don't have to keep doing IP. The TRUE poster children are the ones who lose weight and learn to keep it off!
You're doing great!

Welcome to onederland! Such a great place to live!

Great thought! Thanks!
:spin:
Skim milk or vanilla RTD.
Non dairy creamer isn't on the P1 sheet...sorry

lisa32989
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
OOPS!
Meant to put this here...not in a new thread!

Yesterday's Think Thin Thursday thought from Beck Diet Solution:

Just because you think something doesn’t mean it’s true. The thought, "That food looks so good I really want to have some" probably is true, while the thought, "That food looks so good I can't resist" probably isn't. The thought, “My friend will be so disappointed if I turn down her cookies,” MAY be true, but just because you think she will be disappointed doesn’t prove she actually will be.

slickmouse
03-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi - I've started back on IP and using alternative products. Does anyone have suggestions on alternatives for the supplements that are in liquid form. I can't take the large pills without choking - even if I split them in two.

gnalosit
03-28-2014, 11:04 AM

LOL! Love it!

Runner68girl
03-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Good morning!
Just want to say.... thank you for all the helpful tips in pushing past this plateau I'm going through. It is so great to have so many "coaches" encouraging and supporting me through this process. Today, I am grateful for all of you on this journey with me! ♥

gnalosit
03-28-2014, 11:13 AM
So this week I have been guilty of sneaking in a few low carb cheats (a piece of bacon, a bite of hard salami). I justified it by saying that it would not kick me out of ketosis and therefore it was OK. Well, now I am paying the price, stepped on the scale this morning and I am up a pound from last week. I am not going to beat myself up about it and consider it a lesson learned. Next week 100% OP!

Peppertree
03-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi - I've started back on IP and using alternative products. Does anyone have suggestions on alternatives for the supplements that are in liquid form. I can't take the large pills without choking - even if I split them in two.

If you aren't able to find liquid alternatives, I think you can learn to swallow the pills. I had the same trouble when I started IP - I've never been able to swallow any pills easily. The first few days I was constantly anxious it (and even threw up a few times trying). I did some research (just Googled it) and found lots of suggestions for how to swallow pills and learned that it is a skill that you can perfect with practice (which we get plenty of with all the supplements!). Eight weeks later I can swallow all the pills with no problems (I still amaze myself!). Good luck!

sunflwr816
03-28-2014, 11:41 AM

:rofl:

CarbLover443
03-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Is the pickled ginger at sushi restaurants okay to eat? I could really eat some sushi this weekend!!

LuvA1exa
03-28-2014, 12:01 PM
It's great to hear (read) so many positive thoughts and words of encouragement on such a rainy day!! Kudos to all!

:angel::bravo:

CarbLover443
03-28-2014, 12:10 PM

I always use a food scale or I would be WAY off everytime. Depending on how hungry I am, the 8 oz grows!! LOL

willsea
03-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Is the pickled ginger at sushi restaurants okay to eat? I could really eat some sushi this weekend!!

Pickled ginger is not a good item to snack on, it is full of aspartame, which is not on IP.

berteau
03-28-2014, 01:45 PM
First day back on IP after an extended break. starting back on Phase 1 and enjoying a nice bowl of roasted cabbage and IP tomato flat bread.

I actually kind of missed it!

My food scale never really left my counter, even when I was on the break. It is just one of the good habits that have stuck. Just needed to give my body (mostly my hair) a break. But now I'm back!

Jenny38
03-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Great!!! Do something for yourself and celebrate. Flowers? Pedicure?
:carrot::bunny2::bunny2::bunny2::bunny2::bunny2:

thanks ssubert and Lisa - I'm enjoying how I feel and tonight going to see ABBA mania concert in Toronto with a BFF so that will make a great celebration.

AmberLS
03-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Long training on cultural diversity and linguistic diversity for work today. Fantastic training and information, great speaker, it's taking some work not to participate in the yummy fruit, meat, and cheese trays!

willsea
03-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Whats everyones feelings on the sugar alcohol Erythritol? Is it something to be avoiding?

MarylandMom
03-28-2014, 03:22 PM
I wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone who responsed to me in yesterday's daily thread. I am on Day 5 today, and I had a total meltdown last night (thinking this is too hard, I can't do this long-term, etc.). Just knowing that SOMEONE understands was such a huge help to me. I am really struggling with this first week, and I so appreciate the wonderful support and just plain ol' fashioned understanding I have gotten here so far.

And now for a question: Will I know that I am in ketosis? I am still hungry and have not noticed an unusual taste in my mouth at all. *Should* I be in ketosis after 5 days? I have stayed 100% OP.

murphypuppy
03-28-2014, 04:08 PM
I wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone who responsed to me in yesterday's daily thread. I am on Day 5 today, and I had a total meltdown last night (thinking this is too hard, I can't do this long-term, etc.). Just knowing that SOMEONE understands was such a huge help to me. I am really struggling with this first week, and I so appreciate the wonderful support and just plain ol' fashioned understanding I have gotten here so far.

And now for a question: Will I know that I am in ketosis? I am still hungry and have not noticed an unusual taste in my mouth at all. *Should* I be in ketosis after 5 days? I have stayed 100% OP.

:) if you are 100% then you should be in ketosis. You could buy the ketostix (best price on amazon). Give it another week though - the hunger should go way down if you are in ketosis.
Hang tough!!:hug:

sarahBell
03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
I am doing better today :broc: my cravings for sugar and stuff hit first thing in the AM and then around 6-7pm onward. I was retaining water this AM BIG time, but that has subsided :broc:

If I can make it through the evening with out wanting to break into the sugar bowl I'm golden! The weekend is another ball game in it's own!

ssubert
03-28-2014, 04:38 PM
....And now for a question: Will I know that I am in ketosis? I am still hungry and have not noticed an unusual taste in my mouth at all. *Should* I be in ketosis after 5 days? I have stayed 100% OP.

First Ketostix that I bought from Amazon were off brand and they didn't register correctly. I then got the Bayer brand from Walgreens. They cost more but the had accurate reading.

Measure raw, lots of water, get your salt--it will start working.
Honest. Hang in there.
:hug:

canadjineh
03-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Just a reminder about when you first start out and your body begins to use the stored fat. Estrogen is stored in fat so you will be releasing extra hormones into your system and may be feeling just like TOM - cranky, weepy, emotional, you know all the s*** that can go with that. When you are feeling a bit calmer, sit your hubby down and give him the explanation, you both will be glad you did.
AND as your body clears its storage, you will be getting on a more even keel, so don't give up. It will pass.
Liana

Fearciuil
03-28-2014, 04:49 PM
First day of spring break! :woohoo: My coach wants me to start gentle exercising, so I took my bike to the bike shop for a tune-up ... and discovered they've moved 29 blocks closer to my house! They should be done with it tomorrow. :D It's windy here today, so I wouldn't be riding anyway. Might start painting the hallway ceiling instead.

danilynn
03-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Just a reminder about when you first start out and your body begins to use the stored fat. Estrogen is stored in fat so you will be releasing extra hormones into your system and may be feeling just like TOM - cranky, weepy, emotional, you know all the s*** that can go with that. When you are feeling a bit calmer, sit your hubby down and give him the explanation, you both will be glad you did.
AND as your body clears its storage, you will be getting on a more even keel, so don't give up. It will pass.
Liana

THANK YOU! i've been wondering that lately. I started earlier than i normally do and was quite surprised by that too. i've noticed that i not as crazy as i was :dizzy:

Slipfree
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM

Have a great Friday!

:woohoo: way to go! It is such a wonderful feeling to reach Onederland! Enjoy this point in your journey.

lisa32989
03-28-2014, 05:08 PM

Some people like ketostix. I say they are a waste of money.
Google Ketosis symptoms. You'll see a huge list and you may have a few of them. Our bodies get efficient pretty quickly and will burn the ketones rather than excreting them.
Stick to the plan. If you're day 5 & 100% on plan, you're in ketosis. Ketosis doesn't completely remove hunger. Remember a lot of our "hunger" is just wanting to eat. It comes from snacking whenever we felt like it. Our brains are going to try to trick us into giving in to keep doing what we've been doing.

Whats everyones feelings on the sugar alcohol Erythritol? Is it something to be avoiding? Erythritol is in many sweetened low carb foods, including IP foods.

Indygal
03-28-2014, 06:50 PM
I had my second weigh in tonight. I lost 9.4 lb this week. Way better than my 1 lb loss my first week. I am one happy camper tonight!

dcs0826
03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
I had my second weigh in tonight. I lost 9.4 lb this week. Way better than my 1 lb loss my first week. I am one happy camper tonight!

Good for you!! :carrot: I have my first weigh in next week and am nervous :dizzy:

Deana509
03-28-2014, 08:19 PM
So, no loss this week, BUT on the bright side, no gain! My Aunt flo had a vengeful visit after staying away for 2 months, so I'm not surprised....
Tomorrow is my sorority formal, and I get to wear my "little black dress" that I bought, so that is exciting! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

islandgirlwannabe
03-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi guys n gals... I am reading lots of recipes that call for 2 egg whites... if I use 2 egg whites to make a cake out of a pudding for example... Do I have to subtract those from my 8oz of meat per day? if so how many oz's of meat could I have if I use the 2 egg whites? ;);););) Sorry I am a bit confused over this

islandgirlwannabe
03-28-2014, 08:49 PM
So, no loss this week, BUT on the bright side, no gain! My Aunt flo had a vengeful visit after staying away for 2 months, so I'm not surprised....
Tomorrow is my sorority formal, and I get to wear my "little black dress" that I bought, so that is exciting! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Deana I would take the no gaingirl ;) Congrats on getting to wear your new "little black dress" Hope you have a wonderful weekend and you are doing Amazing girl!

AmberLS
03-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know what in the world is wrong with my children today? My patients may be on the low side but I think that their screaming and defiance is way on the high side today. My 5 (almost 6) year old has done nothing but scream about everything today. I really just want a time out! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tape::tape:

attyweb
03-28-2014, 09:05 PM
ME TOO! boy did I learn my lesson. One lb gain scared me. much more conscience of what I'm eating and trying to stay OP, but sometimes I'm sooooooo hungry

smallerin2014
03-28-2014, 09:15 PM
OOPS!
Meant to put this here...not in a new thread!

Yesterday's Think Thin Thursday thought from Beck Diet Solution:

Just because you think something doesn’t mean it’s true. The thought, "That food looks so good I really want to have some" probably is true, while the thought, "That food looks so good I can't resist" probably isn't. The thought, “My friend will be so disappointed if I turn down her cookies,” MAY be true, but just because you think she will be disappointed doesn’t prove she actually will be.

Lisa, I had read your comments about the Beck book and ordered it. I haven't had time to get too far into it, but it is so helpful already! Thanks for sharing about it.:)

sarahBell
03-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know what in the world is wrong with my children today? My patients may be on the low side but I think that their screaming and defiance is way on the high side today. My 5 (almost 6) year old has done nothing but scream about everything today. I really just want a time out! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tape::tape:
That is my life daily. My 2 almost 3 year old is notorious for his screaming oye it is enough to drive me crazy! the older 2 are home on spring break so um yeah all the fun that comes with!
I need a mommy vaca is what I need. a day at the spa!

sweetenuf
03-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi guys n gals... I am reading lots of recipes that call for 2 egg whites... if I use 2 egg whites to make a cake out of a pudding for example... Do I have to subtract those from my 8oz of meat per day? if so how many oz's of meat could I have if I use the 2 egg whites? ;);););) Sorry I am a bit confused over this

My coach told me egg whites are a free food just like lettuce. the yellow is the protein.

dlr9774
03-28-2014, 11:06 PM

"WEIGH" to go! Great loss!

dlr9774
03-28-2014, 11:08 PM

Deanna509,
I have followed your blog, wow you are and inspiration! Enjoy your"little black dress!" WEIGH to go!

dlr9774
03-28-2014, 11:12 PM
So this week I have been guilty of sneaking in a few low carb cheats (a piece of bacon, a bite of hard salami). I justified it by saying that it would not kick me out of ketosis and therefore it was OK. Well, now I am paying the price, stepped on the scale this morning and I am up a pound from last week. I am not going to beat myself up about it and consider it a lesson learned. Next week 100% OP!

It doesn't pay to cheat, been then and still at times like you say have a piece of bacon. We are proud and feel better about ourselves and getting those good losses. IP is not forever - why can't we remember that that food and small treats will be there - the food is not going anywhere it will be there when we are done IP! GOOD LUCK!:cool:

AmberLS
03-28-2014, 11:49 PM
NSV.. so I have this box of pants down stairs, marked by size. I brought up the box and tried all the pants on, funny they are all a size smaller than what I'm wearing now but they are all from the juniors department I was surprised I could get almost all of them on and buttoned, but not surprised that all the jeans were pretty low cut style and my butt didn't fit in them, must be cause of the junior sizes. So after that I decided to try on my first goal pants, a size 16 pair of silvers that a few weeks ago I could get on but was quite a ways from buttoning, well I can button them... I wouldn't wear them yet, but I will be soon!!!

ssubert
03-28-2014, 11:59 PM

Contrats on getting rid of the "2" in your weight. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Fearciuil
03-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Well ... it looks like there's a low pressure system right over WY at the moment, and I've always found that the younger the kids, the more they react to the weather.... :rain:

AmberLS
03-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Well ... it looks like there's a low pressure system right over WY at the moment, and I've always found that the younger the kids, the more they react to the weather.... :rain:

Weather and full moons! I'm a preschool teacher also so I totally agree!