Ideal Protein Diet - Tuesday IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : Tuesday IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 05:32 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

drd1961
03-25-2014, 06:20 AM
I was reading the other thread and poof it was closed! :)

The community theater show I have been producing had a near disaster last night. One of our lead characters' mother is very sick and in the hospital and we may not have him at all and we open Thursday and there is no double casting. I found a kid who played this part a couple of weeks ago in a hs south of here, and his mother says he can do it! So if he does it he has two days to learn the blocking of this director. :dizzy:

Amber, hang in there. Your loss was amazing. You lost pounds AND inches and inches on the waist, wow, hard place to lose at times. You need to take it. As you get closer and closer to goal, it will slow. You need to chill now to mentally prepare to take the small victories then. You may need to have a heart to heart with your coach about this too. Since you like him, it is worth it to do this. Tell him what you need from him and how some of these things he does stress you.

It is snowing...

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 06:51 AM
I was reading the other thread and poof it was closed! :)

The community theater show I have been producing had a near disaster last night. One of our lead characters' mother is very sick and in the hospital and we may not have him at all and we open Thursday and there is no double casting. I found a kid who played this part a couple of weeks ago in a hs south of here, and his mother says he can do it! So if he does it he has two days to learn the blocking of this director...

It is snowing...

YIKES! Sounds like you've got it under control -will be hoping everyone "breaks some legs" starting Thursday :D

PS It was snowing here yesterday, I am hoping it has stopped by now. *sigh*

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings

We can stick to IP until we get to our goals! Let's be as strong as a postage stamp :)

Vippysue
03-25-2014, 07:11 AM
/lisa32989
I was reading an old thread and see that Birthday wishes are in order. Whether it just happened, or is right around the corner, Happy Birthday!

drd1961
03-25-2014, 07:11 AM
YIKES! Sounds like you've got it under control -will be hoping everyone "breaks some legs" starting Thursday :D

PS It was snowing here yesterday, I am hoping it has stopped by now. *sigh*

My poor director is a delightful young college student. She does not need this! I am an optimist so I believe it will work out. We have a 7am tv promo this morning. Who knows, maybe our Snoopy will show up.

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 07:28 AM
/lisa32989
I was reading an old thread and see that Birthday wishes are in order. Whether it just happened, or is right around the corner, Happy Birthday!

Thanks! I sort've kept it under the radar to keep the focus on IP. It was 2 weeks ago. Also, DH was sick so it kinda wrecked my plans that week. We're going out for belated things but now I'm back on P1...

It was most important for me to keep this place positive and on IP talk

shrinkingsusie
03-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Good morning! :)

schenectady
03-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks! I sort've kept it under the radar to keep the focus on IP. It was 2 weeks ago. Also, DH was sick so it kinda wrecked my plans that week. We're going out for belated things but now I'm back on P1...

It was most important for me to keep this place positive and on IP talk

I am more than happy to interrupt our positive IP talk here to wish you a very happy birthday, albeit belated. You have brought such wisdom and knowledge to us all that the least we could do is send happy thoughts your way!

Maybe you will get a belated birthday present of a BIG WHOOSH!

ems70508
03-25-2014, 09:16 AM
morning! so I attempted a smoothie (with greens) this AM with my Wild Berry Yogurt Drink mix. It tasted like straight up lettuce. I added Ice and (call me crazy) some WF Syrup to take the bitterness away. It helped. Still tasted like Lettuce. Drank it anyway-wasn't that bad. Any one make these and have a good ratio?

Thanks!

GettinHealthyNow
03-25-2014, 10:27 AM
morning! so I attempted a smoothie (with greens) this AM with my Wild Berry Yogurt Drink mix. It tasted like straight up lettuce. I added Ice and (call me crazy) some WF Syrup to take the bitterness away. It helped. Still tasted like Lettuce. Drank it anyway-wasn't that bad. Any one make these and have a good ratio?

Thanks!

I haven't had any luck using Wildberry Yogurt for smoothies, but the ready to drink mango blended with spinach is awesome.

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 10:41 AM

Thanks!

I think ColoradoCarol has been doing them with romaine lettuce and WF marshmellow - if I remember correctly she's using 4 cups at a time. You might look over on the 100% thread, there was quite a discussion about it.

murphypuppy
03-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Mango smoothy and spinach with ice all blended up is super yummy! Just a question, what is the benefit of mixing in lettuce? Is lettuce mandatory on this diet? I get very little of it in my diet..... :/

ColoradoCarol
03-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Thanks!

I use a bag of lettuce (but I started out with less - like 2 cups), Wildberry Yogurt Drink Mix, serving of WF marshmallow dip (2T) - blend then add ice. Could it be the green that it is getting you? I also use romaine. That is non-bitter and a "sweeter" taste.

I haven't had any luck using Wildberry Yogurt for smoothies, but the ready to drink mango blended with spinach is awesome.

But spinach counts as a veggie and not as lettuce.

I think ColoradoCarol has been doing them with romaine lettuce and WF marshmellow - if I remember correctly she's using 4 cups at a time. You might look over on the 100% thread, there was quite a discussion about it.

Thanks Ruth Ann, quite a memory. Are you close to the slides?

Mango smoothy and spinach with ice all blended up is super yummy! Just a question, what is the benefit of mixing in lettuce? Is lettuce mandatory on this diet? I get very little of it in my diet..... :/

Lettuce isn't mandatory but my coach feels that lettuce helps keeps things "moving" and a very important part of the protocol. She recommends 4-8 cups a day. There is no way I can eat 8 cups of lettuce per day by itself, so she gave me the recipe above. Since the beginning (at the introductory meeting) she has stated her opinion that the more lettuce (specifically romaine) you eat, the better you do.

Hope this helps.

ems70508
03-25-2014, 11:14 AM

I was part of that discussion but couldn't remember what thread it was in....whoops! I did use romaine. I actually threw in WF syrup and it sweetened it up! I think I'll try the mango drink next! Hopefully that helps. I actually made my yogurt mix and froze it for a bit before blending.

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 11:15 AM

Thanks!

What a coincidence -I made my 1st smoothie w/lettuce this morning too! And it tasted like.......lettuce:?: I think I got the balance of liquids wrong. I'm going to try the mocha-spinach smoothie from the "Fun with purees" thread next. Hopefully, the coffee will drown out the spinach taste. I am determined to crack veggies in smoothies!

I use lemon to balance out bitterness in tea -you could try that sometime. Apparently salt works to balance bitter flavors as well :)

ems70508
03-25-2014, 11:23 AM
What a coincidence -I made my 1st smoothie w/lettuce this morning too! And it tasted like.......lettuce:?: I think I got the balance of liquids wrong. I'm going to try the mocha-spinach smoothie from the "Fun with purees" thread next. Hopefully, the coffee will drown out the spinach taste. I am determined to crack veggies in smoothies!

I use lemon to balance out bitterness in tea -you could try that sometime. Apparently salt works to balance bitter flavors as well :)

how funny! I wish spinach was part of the 'free lettuce' catagory because it's much better than romaine. I'm just trying to get more lettuce in the diet to see if it helps with the big C instead of taking CALM daily and eating Bubbies pickles. Just like the options! Plus, it's been very filling this AM. No tummy rumbling yet!

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 11:35 AM
how funny! I wish spinach was part of the 'free lettuce' catagory because it's much better than romaine. I'm just trying to get more lettuce in the diet to see if it helps with the big C instead of taking CALM daily and eating Bubbies pickles. Just like the options! Plus, it's been very filling this AM. No tummy rumbling yet!

I used romaine lettuce as a filler as I was getting hungry after my morning workout. It didn't taste nice, but it was indeed filling! My daughter sweetly requested that I NOT put lettuce in her smoothie!

Speaking of working out, I was thrilled when I realized that my Gaiam TV subscription included hundreds of fitness videos as well as incredible selection of yoga videos. For all those who like the Leslie Sansome Walk at Home series, most of them are available thru this site. I like the variety of home workouts & being able to stream to my tablet or thru our Roku. You can get a free 10 day trial if you are interested in trying them out :)

MarylandMom
03-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Today is Day 2. I am doing IP with alternatives. All I can say is HOLY HUNGRY BATMAN!!! I pray this gets easier! It is even harder today than yesterday!

CarbLover443
03-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Today is Day 2. I am doing IP with alternatives. All I can say is HOLY HUNGRY BATMAN!!! I pray this gets easier! It is even harder today than yesterday!

MarylandMom - It DOES get easier..I swear!! Day 2 and 3 were the worst for me! I legit wanted to die on Day 2, I was just miserable. Stick it out and don't cave. If you have to, have an extra (non-restricted) packet to get you through. Much on cukes, do whatever, just push through and it will get better. I had to force myself to eat my snack last night...as I do with most nights. I'm just not hungry for it, I just eat it because I'm supposed to. Not sure if that's good or not..LOL

I just started on March 10, so you aren't far behind me!

Hang in there!:hug:

qtpiemels
03-25-2014, 12:08 PM
MarylandMom - CarbLover is right. It does get easier by about day 4 or 5. Hang in there & try not to let it get to you. Drink lots of water & munch on lettuce if you have to.

trinny
03-25-2014, 12:09 PM

Well, sorry to say it will get worse before it gets better. But it will get better.

I've found (about 12 weeks in now), that I'm not hungry terribly hungry between meals, and for the most part I've gotten away from that "mouth hunger" where I just feel like nibbling without actually being hungry.

However, when it's meal time I am STARVING. My body just wants to be fed at regular times now, and it's pretty insistent. And that's OK, because it fits with the regimen and keeps me on track. When it's meal time I eat the right things; when it's not mealtime I don't eat - and don't really want to eat. Simple.

danilynn
03-25-2014, 12:09 PM
to help with the hunger -- spread out your meals, try not to eat everything all in one sitting especially the veggies. In-between your breakfast and lunch, have a salad (romaine lettuce and most letuce is unlimited) with your 1 cup of veggies. Then have your lunch (IP Packet or alt) and then last part of your 1 cup veggie with another salad. Also drink a lot.. i mean A LOT of water to help fill you.. also warm tea rids the hunger pangs. Then you can decide to have your snack before dinner or after dinner (desert). For dinner make sure you are eating the size proportioned meals for you. 6-8 oz lean meats and 2 cups of veggies.

Hang in there.. if you need more advice.. turn to the threads -- those helped me to gain ideas for meals.

xox dani

dakotamidnight
03-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Ducking my head in here - is it okay if I join y'all? Not doing IP - I am doing a modified version of Wonderslim using foods/shakes from the grocery store, but the group for WS is pretty much missing. It was recommended in that thread that I try here for support.

MarylandMom
03-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Thank you everyone for all the words of encouragement and advice! I WILL get through Day 2! One day at a time. I have been reading all the recipe threads all morning (instead of working...oops!) and have a whole list of new things I want to try. I desperately need to place an order for some IP unrestricted alternatives like the Protidiet soups and oatmeal because I don't know if I can stomach 2 shakes a day long-term.

Someone mentioned drinking hot teas...I am not a tea or coffee drinker. Share with me your favorite brand of tea...I'm clueless! I can put Splenda in it, right?

Runner68girl
03-25-2014, 12:41 PM

It will get easier! Just focus one day at a time (I know that sounds cliche), but it will really help you get through the first few days. Before you know it, a week, a month will have gone by!

I'm also doing IP using alternatives. Sometimes it gets boring so you have to be creative. I haven't bought any products low carb other than the protein powder (Pierce) and the Detour bars from Costco. Other than that I stick to low carb veggies, lots of salad and of course, protein at dinner. Drink lots of water also!

Good luck! ;)

Johnsdeere
03-25-2014, 01:02 PM
MarylandMom,
Repeating what everyone else has said......those first 3 days were horrible and I came this close to quitting. Keep on keeping on...that hunger..man oh man. I knew I hit ketosis when that hunger went away. I know you don't want to be overly aware of your hunger but, use it as a tool, when it disapates you know you are in the sugar spot (Ketosis).

Check out nashua for the alternatives, it takes a couple of days to come in. Variety is nice when you are following any diet. I like the weightloss system chicken and vegetable soup you can find on nashua. It's unrestricted too!
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-soups/weight-loss-systems-soup-chicken-and-vegetable-cream-7-box.html

catlady1981
03-25-2014, 01:10 PM
I used romaine lettuce as a filler as I was getting hungry after my morning workout. It didn't taste nice, but it was indeed filling! My daughter sweetly requested that I NOT put lettuce in her smoothie!

Speaking of working out, I was thrilled when I realized that my Gaiam TV subscription included hundreds of fitness videos as well as incredible selection of yoga videos. For all those who like the Leslie Sansome Walk at Home series, most of them are available thru this site. I like the variety of home workouts & being able to stream to my tablet or thru our Roku. You can get a free 10 day trial if you are interested in trying them out :)

I used to make green smoothies all the time. It's an acquired taste I think. I always enjoyed them but at the time I wasn't carb counting and when you factor in the fruit, well, nuff said.

I have used Leslie's Walk videos for the last 5 years. They are great!

danilynn
03-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Thank you everyone for all the words of encouragement and advice! I WILL get through Day 2! One day at a time. I have been reading all the recipe threads all morning (instead of working...oops!) and have a whole list of new things I want to try. I desperately need to place an order for some IP unrestricted alternatives like the Protidiet soups and oatmeal because I don't know if I can stomach 2 shakes a day long-term.

Someone mentioned drinking hot teas...I am not a tea or coffee drinker. Share with me your favorite brand of tea...I'm clueless! I can put Splenda in it, right?

Maryland Mom -- I get liptons tea. My favorite is Chai Tea, green tea, white tea, or black pearl. Then i also stock some at work .. i use celestial herbal teas -- Cinnamon Apple spice and wild berry zinger (which i drink cold)

and yes, you can use a splenda with those.

ReenHag
03-25-2014, 01:24 PM

I don't know where in MD you are, but I have some soups at home that I am not using. (I kinda souped myself out over this long, cold winter.) If you want to try to meet to buy some off of me until your order comes in, let me know.

As for tea, I am a sucker for decaf Lipton iced tea. I do put some Splenda or Stevia in it. I usually have a glass after dinner. I also like chamomile tea when I drink hot tea; I enjoy the mild flavor.

AmberLS
03-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Like I don't have enough stress in life now boyfriend problems, March just isn't my month, all the bad stuff happens in March no matter how much I say that this March will be better. I'm skipping March next year.
On a brighter note I notice myself in the mirror this morning and I'm looking pretty good lol.

catlady1981
03-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Maryland Mom -- I get liptons tea. My favorite is Chai Tea, green tea, white tea, or black pearl. Then i also stock some at work .. i use celestial herbal teas -- Cinnamon Apple spice and wild berry zinger (which i drink cold)

and yes, you can use a splenda with those.

My coach told me only 8 oz. of a caffeine drink a day. More than that, you have to replace it with an equal amount of water. Chai has caffeine. So do the others you listed except for the Celestial Seasonings. Maybe because it's less than a cup of coffee it's ok? I've been sticking with herbal peppermint to stave off hunger if I need to.

Beverage Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup
White Tea 30-55 mg
Green Tea 35-70 mg
Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
Black Tea 60-90 mg
Coffee 150-200 mg

wildirishrose
03-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Like I don't have enough stress in life now boyfriend problems, March just isn't my month, all the bad stuff happens in March no matter how much I say that this March will be better. I'm skipping March next year.
On a brighter note I notice myself in the mirror this morning and I'm looking pretty good lol.

Sorry lady :( Boys are lame....and bright side? It's almost April!

MarylandMom
03-25-2014, 01:39 PM
I don't know where in MD you are, but I have some soups at home that I am not using. (I kinda souped myself out over this long, cold winter.) If you want to try to meet to buy some off of me until your order comes in, let me know.

As for tea, I am a sucker for decaf Lipton iced tea. I do put some Splenda or Stevia in it. I usually have a glass after dinner. I also like chamomile tea when I drink hot tea; I enjoy the mild flavor.

I am in the Frederick area. I think I will try both the decaf Lipton iced tea and the chamomile! Thanks!

wildirishrose
03-25-2014, 01:39 PM
I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?!

On another note...Michigan weather is bi-polar. One minute it's snowing and blowing so hard that I'm freezing, the next the sun is shining and it's completely peaceful. Weird..

ssubert
03-25-2014, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=wildirishrose;4970469]I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?! QUOTE]

In 1997 when I started this job, I weighed about 160 and wore size 16 pants. Now I weigh about the same but wear size 12. There is just as much material in the pants as in 1997 but the label is friendlier. Also now that I am an old lady, I've sorta lost my butt. My fat is in the front these day...it's shrinking but it's there.

Hang in there, you'll be able to chuck those pants soon. :hug:

My coach, one of the great ones, has a pants exchange in her office. She accepts our fat jeans and let's us exchange for smaller size. Very nice!!

danilynn
03-25-2014, 01:54 PM
My coach told me only 8 oz. of a caffeine drink a day. More than that, you have to replace it with an equal amount of water. Chai has caffeine. So do the others you listed except for the Celestial Seasonings. Maybe because it's less than a cup of coffee it's ok? I've been sticking with herbal peppermint to stave off hunger if I need to.

Beverage Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup
White Tea 30-55 mg
Green Tea 35-70 mg
Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
Black Tea 60-90 mg
Coffee 150-200 mg

Cat lady: while that may be true with your coach, I on the other hand do not have a coach, however i only have 1 caffeine drink a day and rest are caffeine free PLUS i have well over 64oz of water a day as well. I just listed those down for Maryland Mom for examples since she was wanting to know what type of tea :)

ColoradoCarol
03-25-2014, 01:59 PM
I was part of that discussion but couldn't remember what thread it was in....whoops! I did use romaine. I actually threw in WF syrup and it sweetened it up! I think I'll try the mango drink next! Hopefully that helps. I actually made my yogurt mix and froze it for a bit before blending.

That's a great idea to freeze it. I put 1C water in the blender, the WF dressing, the yogurt drink then the lettuce. Then mix it all up. Then add ice.

The taske grew on me. I don't even taste the lettuce anymore.

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?!

On another note...Michigan weather is bi-polar. One minute it's snowing and blowing so hard that I'm freezing, the next the sun is shining and it's completely peaceful. Weird..

I have just lost about 25 as well and I was finally able to drop down into one size lower of dress pants. yippee! I couldn't believe it took this long!

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM

In the ideal protein website chat that I get with my videos they say that raw spinach can be used similar to lettuce and doesn't have to be counted unless you cook it. I often eat the mixed greens and spring mix stuff. It includes spinach and I don't count it. Now I wouldn't say 4 cups of spinach a day either! In other posts when people complain about 4 cups of veggies they say use light ones like kale and spinach so it appears that it is a choice. Same as cucumber and celery. You can count it but it is kind of "free" too. I'm sure it would effect people differently.

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 02:32 PM
In the ideal protein website chat that I get with my videos they say that raw spinach can be used similar to lettuce and doesn't have to be counted unless you cook it. I often eat the mixed greens and spring mix stuff. It includes spinach and I don't count it. Now I wouldn't say 4 cups of spinach a day either! In other posts when people complain about 4 cups of veggies they say use light ones like kale and spinach so it appears that it is a choice. Same as cucumber and celery. You can count it but it is kind of "free" too. I'm sure it would effect people differently.

This has come up before. Spinach and kale are both listed as select veggies. The ingredients in mixed greens and spring mix are also listed as select veggies. Only lettuce is free - the rest needs to count towards your veggies.

mckaren4
03-25-2014, 02:37 PM
The daily ideal protein videos do mention raw spinach can be free like lettuce. And they mention it on more than one occasion! The spinach must be eaten raw to be free.

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
The daily ideal protein videos do mention raw spinach can be free like lettuce. And they mention it on more than one occasion! The spinach must be eaten raw to be free.

Spinach has more protein, carbs & sodium than lettuce. I would use caution not counting it as part of your veggies.

sarahBell
03-25-2014, 03:57 PM
And I have 3 pairs of jeans, several dress pants and tops that I just swim in. Now I need to figure out what to do with them LOL

Deana509
03-25-2014, 04:09 PM

I started off in a 24, and those were tight (depending on who made them) and it literally took me at least 50 lbs before I could notice a difference in how they fit, and about 80 lbs before I actually went shopping for new clothes (since they were falling off, even with a belt)... It takes time, but so worth it! I've dropped a lot more sizes in the last 20 lbs than in the previous 60 combined...

danilynn
03-25-2014, 04:14 PM

i am there with you with the jeans and other clothing. i really .. really would love to replace then and buy new clothes. I am a size 13, though those are baggy in the legs and backside, however i can still fit into some 11's and 10's but i experience the muffin top still. One day i will get where i want to be and then i will clean out my whole closet and go shopping!

Slipfree
03-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Such a tough day at school. We are giving a new computerized standardized test to the kids. It took 4 periods for one test. After that we had four reg. classes filled with crabby,squirrelly and (one) quite surly kids. I am tired and dejected, but I am not turning to food for comfort. That is a huge change. Only 3 more of these endless tests to go!

Chicnana
03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
And I have 3 pairs of jeans, several dress pants and tops that I just swim in. Now I need to figure out what to do with them LOL

Now that is a nice problem to have! :)

Jenny38
03-25-2014, 05:17 PM
I took me at least 40 lbs to lose before I had to get new pants. One pair still fits when I wore it 105lbs ago, talk about the danger of stretch pants. When I maintain I will buy some pants with no stretch to help keep me honest.

Home today with strep:(. My daughter has it for a second time this month:(

Belated Happy birthday Lisa!

AmberLS
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Sorry lady :( Boys are lame....and bright side? It's almost April!

Beyond lame! I've been divorced, I don't have the tolerance to deal with BS and a guy who's essentially been great for almost a year pulled the stupidest crap last night and he says I'm over reacting because I told him to move out and I was done. Well when you leave at 4, say you'll be back at 6, promise my child Chinese food for dinner and then don't show, don't call, don't answer calls or texts until 11 pm, that's 7 hours later and you are trashed well I call that a problem, not going to deal with it, my girls and I don't have any room for that. I guess that's what I get for dating lol, only guy I've let meet my kids, eventually moved in together, :( grrr no offense to any guys out there but some men are so stupid! (so are some women) lol

AmberLS
03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=wildirishrose;4970469]I have lost 25 lbs and my jeans still fit. Differently, but still fit. WHAT THE HECK. I want to be able to CHUCK THEM! lol These are tight, and are size 16 but I have a pair of jeans that have more stretch that are size 14, both fit comfortably, both are bought from the same store. Can I seriously just light them on fire?! QUOTE]

In 1997 when I started this job, I weighed about 160 and wore size 16 pants. Now I weigh about the same but wear size 12. There is just as much material in the pants as in 1997 but the label is friendlier. Also now that I am an old lady, I've sorta lost my butt. My fat is in the front these day...it's shrinking but it's there.

Hang in there, you'll be able to chuck those pants soon. :hug:

My coach, one of the great ones, has a pants exchange in her office. She accepts our fat jeans and let's us exchange for smaller size. Very nice!!

I'm still wearing the same jeans also and I've lost 22lbs, I think I was wearing too small of pants before. :hug:

dcs0826
03-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Getting ready to head out for my 2nd IP consultation (since the 1st one didnt go so great). One question (I'm sure I'll have more later), the coach told me over the phone that given my weight (240), I would have one additional IP packet per day. Does this sound right to everyone?

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Getting ready to head out for my 2nd IP consultation (since the 1st one didnt go so great). One question (I'm sure I'll have more later), the coach told me over the phone that given my weight (240), I would have one additional IP packet per day. Does this sound right to everyone?
yes!
201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

dcs0826
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
yes!

Thanks! :D

sweetenuf
03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Happy Belated birthday Lisa!!

I am almost 40 lbs gone, started out in size 24 jeans. Had to buy jeans due to my one pair zipper breaking ( I refused to buy bigger clothes)bought size 22 and they fit, that was 3 weeks ago and now they are very lose. I live in my yoga pants so not buying new jeans till I have too lol.

Tomorrow is week 10 WI :)

Amber: Learning from your past just shows your growing as an individual, good for you. A lot of people just keep replaying the same story just new characters :) Good Luck and stay strong.

AmberLS
03-25-2014, 05:59 PM

I am almost 40 lbs gone, started out in size 24 jeans. Had to buy jeans due to my one pair zipper breaking ( I refused to buy bigger clothes)bought size 22 and they fit, that was 3 weeks ago and now they are very lose. I live in my yoga pants so not buying new jeans till I have too lol.

Amber: Learning from your past just shows your growing as an individual, good for you. A lot of people just keep replaying the same story just new characters :) Good Luck and stay strong.

Thank you, I like to think I'm a learner! LOL As for the 40lbs that is amazing! I can't wait to say 40, I mean I'm pretty stoked about my 22 so far, but the bigger the number the better in this case. No new pants but very soon!
:carrot:

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
yes!

I was 249 when I started. They only told me four packets for the first week. I haven't needed a fourth beyond then but it is still helpful to know I can have one if needed.

I traded for a pack of chicken dijonnaise. Kind of looked like cat food....do I count that as an IP for the day or Is it just like having a TV dinner? There really did not appear to be 8oz of chicken in there so hard to believe that is supposed to be my dinner! I'm very unimpressed. Glad I didn't buy a box of it.

Indygal
03-25-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm on my 2nd week of IP. I've noticed after eating lunch and dinner I have a considerable amount of facial/neck flushing. I have no food allergies. Has anyone else experienced this?

MsGracie
03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Beyond lame! I've been divorced, I don't have the tolerance to deal with BS and a guy who's essentially been great for almost a year pulled the stupidest crap last night and he says I'm over reacting because I told him to move out and I was done. Well when you leave at 4, say you'll be back at 6, promise my child Chinese food for dinner and then don't show, don't call, don't answer calls or texts until 11 pm, that's 7 hours later and you are trashed well I call that a problem, not going to deal with it, my girls and I don't have any room for that. I guess that's what I get for dating lol, only guy I've let meet my kids, eventually moved in together, :( grrr no offense to any guys out there but some men are so stupid! (so are some women) lol

Sending :hug: for you and your girls!!

MsGracie
03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
I was 249 when I started. They only told me four packets for the first week. I haven't needed a fourth beyond then but it is still helpful to know I can have one if needed.

I traded for a pack of chicken dijonnaise. Kind of looked like cat food....do I count that as an IP for the day or Is it just like having a TV dinner? There really did not appear to be 8oz of chicken in there so hard to believe that is supposed to be my dinner! I'm very unimpressed. Glad I didn't buy a box of it.

:) on the cat food!! I don't know for sure, but I think it would be considered a packet and you would still have your 8 oz. Hoping more experienced people to respond!!

ssdlturtle
03-25-2014, 07:32 PM

I know it took me 50 pounds down before down sizes now in last 3 wks been able to get in to smaller sizes. A great place to get jeans and no pay a lot is Goodwill or second hand stores. Goodwill is about $4.00 for them, so don't mind if I shrink out of them. Such a good feeling.:carrot:;)

Yayalaine
03-25-2014, 07:34 PM
yes!

Seriously??? I weighed 245 at my first weigh in and they told me 3 packets a day and won't let me buy more than 21 per week.

I have reading comments about how much energy people get and I am just so sluggish and weak feeling. Maybe I need to add an extra alternative product each day?? My clinic is usually out of ready-to-drink/ pre-made drinks, so I bought some EAS Carb Control and Premier Protein snack drinks to take with me when I'm out all day. So, I could do an extra that way, even though they're not selling me more than 21.

ReenHag
03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Such a tough day at school. We are giving a new computerized standardized test to the kids. It took 4 periods for one test. After that we had four reg. classes filled with crabby,squirrelly and (one) quite surly kids. I am tired and dejected, but I am not turning to food for comfort. That is a huge change. Only 3 more of these endless tests to go!

OMG I am so with you!!! By 2 PM today, I could have sworn it was a Friday afternoon! We had four periods of tests today and the same tomorrow, then two periods on Thursday (which is what we did yesterday). Sending you good testing vibes :book2: and :dust: to get through the coming days.

Sorry you are going through this. Your girls are more important. Sounds like you made the right decision to be "done". :hug: :grouphug: for you!

I know it took me 50 pounds down before down sizes now in last 3 wks been able to get in to smaller sizes. A great place to get jeans and no pay a lot is Goodwill or second hand stores. Goodwill is about $4.00 for them, so don't mind if I shrink out of them. Such a good feeling.:carrot:;)

Agreed about the Goodwill stores! My jeans are all from there, and they are in great shape. My daughter even found some Lucky brand jeans there.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
The chicken dijonnaise and beef stroganoff count as your 8 oz of protein. You just add 2 cups of veggies and your dinner is done.

Personally I wouldn't use them all the time because of the sodium and additives in them but they are convenient for traveling and times you're in a bind (however, careful planning can help with that.)

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
The chicken dijonnaise and beef stroganoff count as your 8 oz of protein. You just add 2 cups of veggies and your dinner is done.

Personally I wouldn't use them all the time because of the sodium and additives in them but they are convenient for traveling and times you're in a bind (however, careful planning can help with that.)

Definitely not worth it. I didn't buy mine but the person told me you don't get 7 of them. Was not very tasty in my opinion. I'd rather do store bought chicken or eggs if I am in a hurry again.

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Seriously??? I weighed 245 at my first weigh in and they told me 3 packets a day and won't let me buy more than 21 per week.

I have reading comments about how much energy people get and I am just so sluggish and weak feeling. Maybe I need to add an extra alternative product each day?? My clinic is usually out of ready-to-drink/ pre-made drinks, so I bought some EAS Carb Control and Premier Protein snack drinks to take with me when I'm out all day. So, I could do an extra that way, even though they're not selling me more than 21.

That is surprising. I can't buy out the store but I can definitely get 5 or 6 boxes. They encourage some variety to help me stay on plan. I know some are worried you won't come back in a week but I would think they would rather you buy an extra box than have you buy alternatives. I'm sure that would be "against the rules".

I also get so annoyed when the shelves are lacking product. So few choices as it is and then to be forced to settle on something you really don't know. My clinic is just starting out so there have been lots of challenges.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Definitely not worth it. I didn't buy mine but the person told me you don't get 7 of them. Was not very tasty in my opinion. I'd rather do store bought chicken or eggs if I am in a hurry again.

I don't think so either. Plus they're $30 for a box (only 3 packets!)

Yayalaine
03-25-2014, 08:29 PM
That is surprising. I can't buy out the store but I can definitely get 5 or 6 boxes. They encourage some variety to help me stay on plan. I know some are worried you won't come back in a week but I would think they would rather you buy an extra box than have you buy alternatives. I'm sure that would be "against the rules".

I also get so annoyed when the shelves are lacking product. So few choices as it is and then to be forced to settle on something you really don't know. My clinic is just starting out so there have been lots of challenges.

The good part is that I can buy the single packets and do not have to buy entire boxes. They gave me a sample bag the first week and I was able to try a good assortment then. But, I have definitely had some I didn't like. I'm sure glad I wasn't stuck with a box of those flavors!

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 08:37 PM
The good part is that I can buy the single packets and do not have to buy entire boxes. They gave me a sample bag the first week and I was able to try a good assortment then. But, I have definitely had some I didn't like. I'm sure glad I wasn't stuck with a box of those flavors!

I wish I could buy singles! Funny how all the clinics are able to run differently

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 08:57 PM

That is odd - the more they sell the more money they make. I've heard of clinics requiring you to buy 21 packets a week but never limiting it to 21. My coach lets me buy all I want - sometimes I buy more than 21, sometimes less.

jendilly
03-25-2014, 09:00 PM
I wish I could buy singles! Funny how all the clinics are able to run differently

I used to be able to buy singles, until that coach left and the original coach took it over again. She said that they aren't allowed to if they aren't labeled for individual sale (FDA rule...and it makes sense). They are, however, starting to label some of the more popular packets to sell individually. Last week, we noticed that the yogurt drink is labeled that way now.

jendilly
03-25-2014, 09:02 PM
That is odd - the more they sell the more money they make. I've heard of clinics requiring you to buy 21 packets a week but never limiting it to 21. My coach lets me buy all I want - sometimes I buy more than 21, sometimes less.

I can buy as much as I want, too. Have to buy full boxes, or swap out packets from her "stash" if I don't want all, but I can buy out the place if I wanted to. I actually prefer to buy 2 weeks worth at a time, since I get full boxes. Allows for a lot more variety. I've bought 7 or 8 boxes at a time before. Then I don't have to buy again for a little bit. Nice to do it along with pay periods, too.

Deana509
03-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Hello all!
So, a while back I was posting about some emotional issues with loosing weight, and I have continued to experience these emotions. I had an interesting discussion with one of my friends who is about to graduate with a Masters in Psychology, and I was describing my emotions to her, and her comments really put it into perspective for me. She told me that part of the reason I may feel the way I do is that I have previously identified completely who I am with my weight, and being a bigger girl, and now that I have lost almost 90 lbs, I don't really know who I am, so I have to rediscover who I am within my new body. It will take some time, but I highly recommend if anyone feels the way I do to talk to someone, a friend, a mentor, or even a professional. I know with graduation lingering in a little over a month, and with a lot of emotional stuff that has happened to me this year so far, I took a courageous step in my life, and scheduled an appointment with the counselor here on campus... I thought, since I am going to be a psychologist, I should probably have the experience of going to one anyways :)
Just wanted to share whats going on in my life. Also thats part of the reason I havent been on here as much.
IP love to you all!
Deana

Slipfree
03-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Deana, you have continuously made the right decisions on your journey. I love that you are setting a solid foundation for the rest of your life. I hope that you feel satisfaction and joy in your progress both physically and emotionally. :hug: :bravo:

Yayalaine
03-25-2014, 09:26 PM

It was a nurse in this clinic that told me. She is "assigned" the role of weighing in IP clients and selling them the products. Perhaps I should go over her head and speak to someone else? She (this nurse) is in NO way a coach. She just silently waits for me to step on the scales, then writes down the number without saying anything about whether I've lost or gained. It's a good thing I can do math and subtract myself. :dizzy:

So, I am not surprised if she didn't know what she was talking about. Haha!

(BTW, this clinic is a surgeon's office. His specialty is weight loss surgery so that is their main focus. They sell IP products to people who are considering WLS and are working toward that. They say people should show they can follow a restricted plan for three months before doing surgery. I'm not sure they really care if people are successful on IP alone??) Just my two cents worth and a little bit of a "rant" (and the reason I'm considering switching to another clinic).

FacingIt27
03-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Very interesting discussion today... Shocked that a clinic is limiting the purchases!

Came on to post this for you guys too, thought it was a great article.
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-contenders-for-the-worst-diet-advice-ever/

ChipnDip
03-25-2014, 10:04 PM
I used to be able to buy singles, until that coach left and the original coach took it over again. She said that they aren't allowed to if they aren't labeled for individual sale (FDA rule...and it makes sense). They are, however, starting to label some of the more popular packets to sell individually. Last week, we noticed that the yogurt drink is labeled that way now.

The person training my coach did mention single sale labelled packages were coming soon. I'm sure the price will be higher.

AmberLS
03-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Sending :hug: for you and your girls!!

Thanks, we are gonna be fine. After 7 years with their dad I'm pretty solid with myself and my abilities. I don't take crap, I take care of myself, pay my own bills, and we'll be fine :)

OMG I am so with you!!! By 2 PM today, I could have sworn it was a Friday afternoon! We had four periods of tests today and the same tomorrow, then two periods on Thursday (which is what we did yesterday). Sending you good testing vibes :book2: and :dust: to get through the coming days.

Sorry you are going through this. Your girls are more important. Sounds like you made the right decision to be "done". :hug: :grouphug: for you!

My kids have been nuts for two days also! No testing just rowdy! Thank you for the support, my kids are my world so onward and upward we go!

Very interesting discussion today... Shocked that a clinic is limiting the purchases!

and if I Came on to post this for you guys too, thought it was a great article.
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-contenders-for-the-worst-diet-advice-ever/

That is strange, I have a supply of products, doc doesn't even track I just go in and buy what I want when I want, but he doesn't carry brownies or white cheddar puffs and if I want them I have to order 3 boxes of each.

AmberLS
03-25-2014, 10:32 PM
So I went to dinner again, lol starting to get comfy. Went to a Chinese buffet that has a Mongolian grill. Had broccoli, bean sprouts, bell peppers, chicken, and shrimp with garlic, just cooked in water then added soy sauce. Definitely stayed OP but not sure if I got enough meat or veggies, it's kind of hard to judge still, but I didn't go over. I figured better under than over.

Hiker88
03-25-2014, 11:13 PM

I had four packets a day until I went under 200 lbs.. I had great losses and had no problems transitioning to three a day.

Hiker88
03-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Hello all!
So, a while back I was posting about some emotional issues with loosing weight, and I have continued to experience these emotions. I had an interesting discussion with one of my friends who is about to graduate with a Masters in Psychology, and I was describing my emotions to her, and her comments really put it into perspective for me. She told me that part of the reason I may feel the way I do is that I have previously identified completely who I am with my weight, and being a bigger girl, and now that I have lost almost 90 lbs, I don't really know who I am, so I have to rediscover who I am within my new body. It will take some time, but I highly recommend if anyone feels the way I do to talk to someone, a friend, a mentor, or even a professional. I know with graduation lingering in a little over a month, and with a lot of emotional stuff that has happened to me this year so far, I took a courageous step in my life, and scheduled an appointment with the counselor here on campus... I thought, since I am going to be a psychologist, I should probably have the experience of going to one anyways :)
Just wanted to share whats going on in my life. Also thats part of the reason I havent been on here as much.
IP love to you all!
Deana

Great to hear from you Deana, I totally agree with your outlook on emotions and how the weight loss affects us. There's a lot more going on than shedding pounds... it comes off pretty fast with IP and it can be a lot to wrap our heads around (and emotions!!) Thanks for talking about this aspect of our journey!

JLUS
03-25-2014, 11:21 PM
I had four packets a day until I went under 200 lbs.. I had great losses and had no problems transitioning to three a day.

Same for me... Started with for (only 1 restricted). Great losses and hen transitioned you three packets when I entered Onderland!

tinespeens
03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
NSV today: at yoga tonight I was able to touch my toes for the first time (not for very long, but they touched!!) i was thrilled.
super sore but totally worth it. :)

Hiker88
03-25-2014, 11:45 PM
NSV today: at yoga tonight I was able to touch my toes for the first time (not for very long, but they touched!!) i was thrilled.
super sore but totally worth it. :)

Yay! I think its so important to celebrate EVERY milestone... take the time to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how awesome you are doing!! Because YOU ARE!!

Vmoktan
03-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Hi folks,

I have now been on IP for 16 days. I am staying100% OP. I am not losing much weight but I am satisfied with the inches I have lost ... I can feel it in everything I do.
My problem is, I find myself hopping on to the scale at least 3 times a day and I get discouraged by the way my weight seems to fluctuate throughout the day .

I am sure I ought not to weigh myself so often.....

should I just bury my scales? :?:

Fearciuil
03-26-2014, 12:26 AM
Made it through the first night of Parent-Teacher conferences ... PTO got us pizza for dinner, so I just stayed in the front office and played board games with the art teacher. Our conventional testing finished yesterday, new computerized testing will be next month, spring break starts Friday, and the weather is all over the place, so the kids are a bit crazy!

NSV: Three different people commented today about my face being thinner. :woohoo:

jendilly
03-26-2014, 01:25 AM
The person training my coach did mention single sale labelled packages were coming soon. I'm sure the price will be higher.

At my place, they are the same price for singles as they would be for the box, divided by 7. No increase for having them labeled individually.