Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #1  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Post Protein Powder/RTD Shakes without Sucralose (Splenda)

Hi! Does anyone know of - and/or tried - a protein powder or RTD protein shake that does NOT contain Sucralose (Splenda)? I found a great protein powder that tastes awesome and meets the IP criteria (made by HealthSmart), but it contains Sucralose. I am having acne breakouts, and I think it may be caused by this ingredient.

I would love to hear from anyone who uses protein powder/RTD shakes without Sucralose!
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #2  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I've been using Tera's Whey. It is sweetened with stevia & meets IP guidelines. It tastes best when you can mix it with a milk-type product. I've been mixing it w/6-7 oz of water and that seems to help the intensity of the flavor. I used to be able to get it in local stores, so the last time I needed it I purchased from Amazon. I bought several different flavors so I could mix-n-match. My favorites so far are the chocolate and vanilla. Both very tasty with a bit of coffee & cinnamon
TurtleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/157.5/135

Height: 5'4"

I use NuMedica Absolute Protein Vanilla (it also comes in chocolate), which is made with Stevia. I find that the flavor and consistency make it palatable when mixed with water, unlike a number of other protein powders. I do shake cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in it to cut the sweetness a little.

If Sucralose is an ongoing problem for you (it is for me, too), I made a spreadsheet that captures all of the IP foods and alternatives I could find that are made without aspartame, acesulfame-K, and Sucralose. It's here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-k...it?usp=sharing

Hope this helps!
hopeisallthereis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:31 AM   #4  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisallthereis View Post
I use NuMedica Absolute Protein Vanilla (it also comes in chocolate), which is made with Stevia. I find that the flavor and consistency make it palatable when mixed with water, unlike a number of other protein powders. I do shake cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in it to cut the sweetness a little.

If Sucralose is an ongoing problem for you (it is for me, too), I made a spreadsheet that captures all of the IP foods and alternatives I could find that are made without aspartame, acesulfame-K, and Sucralose. It's here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-k...it?usp=sharing

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! Can you tell me what the different colors mean (orange, yellow, etc.)? This info helps a lot!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #5  

Of course! My apologies if the legend didn't translate from Excel to Google Docs:

Green= unrestricted
Yellow= restricted (only one per day allowed)
Orange= restricted due to fat (>30% calories from fat)
Red= super-restricted (twice per week)
Blue= heads-up, this meets the criteria, but has >160 calories

I hope this helps!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #6  

These criteria have been discussed in the forums under the discussion threads about alternatives and in them you will see that LamberJules really set it up perfectly (I found this link and graphic with the "rules" particularly helpful): http://www.lamberjules.com/my_makeov...r-weight-loss/
Old 03-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Hope this helps!
My gracious, this is an awesome collection of info! Thanks for sharing! I am doing alternatives too. Yes, I can do the math, but I LOVE the shortcut!
Prairie Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
Of course! My apologies if the legend didn't translate from Excel to Google Docs:

Green= unrestricted
Yellow= restricted (only one per day allowed)
Orange= restricted due to fat (>30% calories from fat)
Red= super-restricted (twice per week)
Blue= heads-up, this meets the criteria, but has >160 calories

I hope this helps!
Those higher cal ones (blue): count as restricted
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #9  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
These criteria have been discussed in the forums under the discussion threads about alternatives and in them you will see that LamberJules really set it up perfectly (I found this link and graphic with the "rules" particularly helpful): http://www.lamberjules.com/my_makeov...r-weight-loss/
Thank you so much for sharing this info and for explaining the color-coding. Very helpful!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Those higher cal ones (blue): count as restricted
Thank you for adding that clarification, Lisa!