Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 05:53 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Janelstpe
03-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Lisa, I want to thank you for all the great information! This site has tremendously helped me to figure out the IP diet! So again, thank you for all you do!

Janelstpe
03-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Week #1 -5.0 lbs and -4 1/4" YAY!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

shrinkingsusie
03-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Way to go, Janelstpe!

TurtleMom
03-24-2014, 08:54 AM

Congratulations! The 1st WI is so exciting :D

I'm on spring break this week, so I thought it would be a good time to add some exercise back into my daily routine. I had a lovely brisk walk w/my sis over the weekend, and I dusted off one of my Leslie Sansome Walk at Home DVD's and did a couple of miles already this morning. According to my Fitbit, I was only "very active" for 18 minutes of those 2 miles. Sheesh -no wonder I found weight loss so slow before!

Have a lovely day everyone! I shall be at home doing my best to ignore the SNOW that fell overnight

kontesanera
03-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Janelstpe - great start! Great motivation to keep on going :)

dcs0826
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Just had my initial consultation with IP and it went terribly. The clinic was totally disorganized. All of the paperwork they gave to me was from 2011, and I know from looking on the protocol sheets posted on this site that there is more recent information. They also gave me a supplement that is supposedly no longer used by IP as it is not FDA approved. I have a call in to the clinic to get my money back and to return my food. I have a consultation scheduled tomorrow at another clinic near by and am praying for better results.

amandie
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Just had my initial consultation with IP and it went terribly. The clinic was totally disorganized. All of the paperwork they gave to me was from 2011, and I know from looking on the protocol sheets posted on this site that there is more recent information. They also gave me a supplement that is supposedly no longer used by IP as it is not FDA approved. I have a call in to the clinic to get my money back and to return my food. I have a consultation scheduled tomorrow at another clinic near by and am praying for better results.

:crossed: on getting a refund and for the other clinic to be better prepared and more updated, etc. I am sorry you had to deal with that!

dcs0826
03-24-2014, 10:40 AM
:crossed: on getting a refund and for the other clinic to be better prepared and more updated, etc. I am sorry you had to deal with that!

Thanks. I really hope I am able to get a refund. I have spoken with the coach from the clinic I am going to tomorrow over the phone and she sounds pretty knowledgeable.

drd1961
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
My clinic had a couple of days grace period so you could think about it. They do not take anyone who is not a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale of being motivated. They almost passed on me because I am fairly laid back and my motivation was more for pain relief than losing weight. I feel IP is a good anti inflammatory diet so that was my motivation. The WL is a good side effect.

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
I hope you contact IP to let them know about this clinic. The only way they have of knowing that clinics aren't doing it right is if someone tells them.
Good luck tomorrow!
I learned on this site to ask tons of questions before I picked my clinic.
I'm contemplating going to another clinic if the stall doesn't break in 2 weeks. I'll be phone interviewing with a list of questions before I go ANYWHERE. Some things that were important to me early-on are not nearly as important anymore (being able to buy individual products, for example - I have quite an IP pantry!)

Vippysue
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Way to go Janelstpe! I believe this diet becomes easy with that kind of motivation!

I just had my weigh in and I believe it is the biggest since I've been doing IP and definitely the biggest since I've been going to a coach....down 3.5 lbs! And I thought I'd slow down as I neared my goal....Elated!

MsGracie
03-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Woo-Hoo!! Great job!! :dance:

TurtleMom
03-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Why isn't lamb on the P1 protein list? Is it considered too fatty?

Panya
03-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone :). I just want to share my happiness. I WI yesterday, I started jan 29, 2014, I lost 15 lbs ! Still a long way to go but thank you everyone for nice words of encouragement and very helpful tips.have a blessed week :>..

catlady1981
03-24-2014, 01:53 PM

The same thing happened to me. Fortunately I found another clinic and things are working out much better. As Lisa said, report this clinic to IP and demand your money back.

On a side note, I pulled a Strawberry RTD out of the fridge yesterday to have for lunch. I got it from the old clinic. It had an expire date of 3/12/13. This is the 3rd thing that I have found that was expired from the start bag that I paid for. Threw it away. :mad: So glad I don't go there any more.

sapphire83
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Has anyone found that their skin has gotten really dry on this diet? I'm going on week 3 and my lips, hands, and the inside of my nose is super dry. I know it's a bad winter but I usually don't get like this. My diet used to be really high in fat before IP so I was thinking that had something to do with it.

MarylandMom
03-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Hello everyone. So I started IP using alternatives today. So far, I have had an EAS Carb Control RTD shake, romaine with 2 cups of veggies, and a Muscle Milk 100 RTD. And lots of water! For dinner, I am going to have some broiled tilapia with 2 cups of zucchini. I plan on picking up some Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter bars on my way home from work so I can have one as a snack, and I plan to place an order with Nashua Nutrition tonight so I can make sure to have some variety in my non-restricted items.

I think I am in need of a little pep talk and some reassurance that this CAN be done long-term and with a busy lifestyle! I work full time and have two young boys who are very active with school and extra-curricular sports. Before starting this diet, I am ashamed to admit that we ate almost every weekend meal out and even a few during the week. I want this to work and I will make it work because I have finally realized that I am worth it! And my kids deserve to have a healthy Mom who feels good about herself, is willing to get out there and run around with them, and who will actually get IN a picture with them instead of hiding behind the camera.

I KNOW this plan will work...but as the day wears on, that negative self-talk and doubt is creeping in. Would love to hear from those of you on this diet long-term and how you make it work with a busy lifestyle.

By the way, I LOVE this forum...although new here, I researched and read (and read and read some more) about the diet before starting, and the info and encouragement found here can not be beat. Thank you!!

P.S. Do you know why pork tenderloin is acceptable but a lean cut pork chop is not?

And we can have tuna, right?

canadjineh
03-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone. So I started IP using alternatives today. So far, I have had an EAS Carb Control RTD shake, romaine with 2 cups of veggies, and a Muscle Milk 100 RTD. And lots of water! For dinner, I am going to have some broiled tilapia with 2 cups of zucchini. I plan on picking up some Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter bars on my way home from work so I can have one as a snack, and I plan to place an order with Nashua Nutrition tonight so I can make sure to have some variety in my non-restricted items.

I think I am in need of a little pep talk and some reassurance that this CAN be done long-term and with a busy lifestyle! I work full time and have two young boys who are very active with school and extra-curricular sports. Before starting this diet, I am ashamed to admit that we ate almost every weekend meal out and even a few during the week. I want this to work and I will make it work because I have finally realized that I am worth it! And my kids deserve to have a healthy Mom who feels good about herself, is willing to get out there and run around with them, and who will actually get IN a picture with them instead of hiding behind the camera.

I KNOW this plan will work...but as the day wears on, that negative self-talk and doubt is creeping in. Would love to hear from those of you on this diet long-term and how you make it work with a busy lifestyle.

By the way, I LOVE this forum...although new here, I researched and read (and read and read some more) about the diet before starting, and the info and encouragement found here can not be beat. Thank you!!

P.S. I love Montreal Steak Seasoning, but it says it has 1 carb in 1/4 cup. Is that a complete no-go?

And do you know why pork tenderloin is acceptable but a lean cut pork chop is not?

Speaking as someone who is now in maintenance... who the heck eats a 1/4c of steak spice??! use a 1/2 tsp on your tenderloin or even your veggies and you won't have any carb effect. Re: pork chop - because most people eat those lovely crispy fatty edges on their bbq'd chop without even thinking about it. If the chop is cheaper - trim all fat off before cooking then go for it. Yes to tuna.

Hang in there and retrain the self-talk to positives, mix it up with your veggies (a whole 2 cups of zucchini sounds pretty dull, chop in red peppers, celery, green onion, and add hot sauce & soy sauce - yum!) and you WILL make it. All of us on here are a great fund of knowledge and support and experience so visit & comment often!
Liana :grouphug:

GettinHealthyNow
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi Everyone - I've decided to end my experimentation with alternative products and go back to all IP for my last 12 pounds. Since I started using alternatives (things like Muscle Milk, Quest Bars, Simply Protein Bars, ChocoRite) I've just stalled out, haven't really lost anything at all in the past six weeks.

It's not that those products are wrong, I researched extensively to find things like that could be used as less expensive replacements for the IP packages with the same or similar nutrient values, but it seems that when I went off the IP products, that mentally I gave myself license for little cheats here and there. That will be fine for maintenance perhaps, but I really want to get to my goal, and I think using alternatives turned into a psychological barrier of sorts for me.

Have a great day everyone!

HulaChic
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Has anyone found that their skin has gotten really dry on this diet? I'm going on week 3 and my lips, hands, and the inside of my nose is super dry. I know it's a bad winter but I usually don't get like this. My diet used to be really high in fat before IP so I was thinking that had something to do with it.

My skin is VERY dry, too! I was thinking diet, but who knows. I live in California...so we have not had a bad winter at all. Maybe it's because we haven't had any rain!

HulaChic
03-24-2014, 02:51 PM

Nice job!!!

HulaChic
03-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Way to go Janelstpe! I believe this diet becomes easy with that kind of motivation!

I just had my weigh in and I believe it is the biggest since I've been doing IP and definitely the biggest since I've been going to a coach....down 3.5 lbs! And I thought I'd slow down as I neared my goal....Elated!

Wow!!! That is awesome! Super happy for you!!!

HulaChic
03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone :). I just want to share my happiness. I WI yesterday, I started jan 29, 2014, I lost 15 lbs ! Still a long way to go but thank you everyone for nice words of encouragement and very helpful tips.have a blessed week :>..

Great job Panya!!!

AnaBanana11
03-24-2014, 02:55 PM

Yes! I have noticed my skin is very dry too. I have never in my life had so much split skin by my fingertips. I also noticed my hands are very dryer than normal as well. On top of that, I wear contacts and my eyes are especially dry. I drink a metric ton of water, but that hasn't helped. This is my second time doing the diet and my second time with dry eyes and skin so I definitely attribute it to the diet. I keep lotion nearby all the time, rub tea tree oil into the split skin on my fingers and keep lens rewetting solution handy for my eyes.

HulaChic
03-24-2014, 02:57 PM

Sorry you had to go through this! My coach is super organized with everything. I was VERY impressed! I'm thankful that he is this way because if he wasn't...I probably would not have done IP. He's the only one in the Sacramento area...which is weird considering we're the capital of California and densely populated. He has also started 3 other IP offices in the San Francisco area, but wanted to move away where it isn't so absurdly expensive to live. Anyhow, good luck!

And CALL Corp IP...they really do need to know about this.

canadjineh
03-24-2014, 03:03 PM

Very important to make sure you are getting the required amounts of fats EVOO/ grapeseed oil in AND make sure you take enough Omegas too. That will help. Drink your full 8 glasses or more of water and slather on the body lotion. Keep showers warm, not HOT - that dries skin as well.
I had trouble with the skin at the corners of my thumbnails cracking deeply. Just had to Krazyglue them. Yep, that works - surgeons use a similar glue in some wounds to keep them closed. That stage did pass though.
Hope it helps ;)
Liana

trinny
03-24-2014, 03:54 PM

I can speak to the busy lifestyle question! I work 4 days and have two small kids - one with lots of extracurriculars and other in day care, so plenty of running around. I have found that planning and prep work are essential to skipping the drive-through.

Breakfast is easy since I just grab a shake on my way out the door.

Lunch - I prepare two salads at a time in two 7-cup Pyrex bowls with lids. So on Sunday I make lunches for Mon and Tues and on Tues night I make lunches for Weds and Thurs.

Dinner -I love meals that I can throw in the oven all at once, such as a pork tenderloin with roasted veggies (I toss in baked potatoes for the rest of the family at the same time). While they cook I can supervise homework, bathe the little one, or even run out and pick up DD from an activity. The microwave is great for steaming veggies - plus I've read that many veggies keep their nutrients better in the microwave than being steamed on the stovetop. I think the key is to purchase meats that you will realistically be able to prepare on a weeknight.

Vippysue
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Everyone - I've decided to end my experimentation with alternative products and go back to all IP for my last 12 pounds. Since I started using alternatives (things like Muscle Milk, Quest Bars, Simply Protein Bars, ChocoRite) I've just stalled out, haven't really lost anything at all in the past six weeks.

It's not that those products are wrong, I researched extensively to find things like that could be used as less expensive replacements for the IP packages with the same or similar nutrient values, but it seems that when I went off the IP products, that mentally I gave myself license for little cheats here and there. That will be fine for maintenance perhaps, but I really want to get to my goal, and I think using alternatives turned into a psychological barrier of sorts for me.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for posting this. I, because of the cost, have wanted to move to alternatives, but have hesitated just for the reason you said. I'm getting close to goal, so I'll hang in there and perhaps use them on maintenance as well.

GettinHealthyNow
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
I can speak to the busy lifestyle question! I work 4 days and have two small kids - one with lots of extracurriculars and other in day care, so plenty of running around. I have found that planning and prep work are essential to skipping the drive-through.

Breakfast is easy since I just grab a shake on my way out the door.

Lunch - I prepare two salads at a time in two 7-cup Pyrex bowls with lids. So on Sunday I make lunches for Mon and Tues and on Tues night I make lunches for Weds and Thurs.

Dinner -I love meals that I can throw in the oven all at once, such as a pork tenderloin with roasted veggies (I toss in baked potatoes for the rest of the family at the same time). While they cook I can supervise homework, bathe the little one, or even run out and pick up DD from an activity. The microwave is great for steaming veggies - plus I've read that many veggies keep their nutrients better in the microwave than being steamed on the stovetop. I think the key is to purchase meats that you will realistically be able to prepare on a weeknight.

Yes same here - full time working mom of two very busy kids. We are on the go every night. Most evenings I get home at 5ish, throw dinner down their throats then it's off to practices, games, dance classes, whatever. And my husband works nights, so it's all on me. Life before IP was the same as you noted- all too often through the drivethrough. Meal planning ahead of time is key, and the crockpot is my best friend... but sometimes life gets in the way. When that happens, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store has replaced the drivethrough for me, and is just as fast. I always have a bag of spinach in the fridge, which takes literally 3 minutes to saute up. Dinner - done.

trinny
03-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes same here - full time working mom of two very busy kids. We are on the go every night. Most evenings I get home at 5ish, throw dinner down their throats then it's off to practices, games, dance classes, whatever. And my husband works nights, so it's all on me. Life before IP was the same as you noted- all too often through the drivethrough. Meal planning ahead of time is key, and the crockpot is my best friend... but sometimes life gets in the way. When that happens, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store has replaced the drivethrough for me, and is just as fast. I always have a bag of spinach in the fridge, which takes literally 3 minutes to saute up. Dinner - done.

Yes, I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to whomever invented the grocery rotisserie chicken!

Oh, and omelets are also a quick and easy weeknight meal that are on plan.

I've made a few meals in advance, too, and then just heated them up. Tonight I'm having a shepherd's pie (using mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes) that I assembled yesterday. I've also made a frittata in advance and then heated it up for dinner. That was good since it had lots of veggies inside it so I didn't have to make lots of side dishes.

Shelzie911
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm new here and trying to figure it all out. I've been on I.P. since 01/20/14. Today's weigh-in results: Total loss, so far: 44lbs. and 28in. Finally. Something that works for me. Happy Day! :D

dcs0826
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Sorry you had to go through this! My coach is super organized with everything. I was VERY impressed! I'm thankful that he is this way because if he wasn't...I probably would not have done IP. He's the only one in the Sacramento area...which is weird considering we're the capital of California and densely populated. He has also started 3 other IP offices in the San Francisco area, but wanted to move away where it isn't so absurdly expensive to live. Anyhow, good luck!

And CALL Corp IP...they really do need to know about this.

Sounds like you have a great coach! I went back to the clinic later this afternoon and demanded a refund..I got all but $50 back which is nice, but I am still going to call IP to report this clinic and request a full refund. I really hope tomorrow's experience at the new clinic goes better! Thanks for all of the support everyone!

Slipfree
03-24-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm new here and trying to figure it all out. I've been on I.P. since 01/20/14. Today's weigh-in results: Total loss, so far: 44lbs. and 28in. Finally. Something that works for me. Happy Day! :D

Welcome and congratulation! Glad that IP is working for you :yay:

sapphire83
03-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the replies regarding dry skin.

ReenHag
03-24-2014, 05:26 PM

Welcome! I am from MD, as well. This certainly CAN BE DONE! You ARE worth it, and so are your kids, as they will learn TONS from your efforts here! Try prepping and pre-cooking as much as possible during your down time- weekends, less busy evenings, etc. Rely on the crock pot when you can, too, and keep lots of veggies and proteins on hand. Eggs are always a quick go-to for dinner, and the rotisserie chicken idea has saved me a number of times! If you ever get the urge to hit the drive through on an especially busy day, grab a chicken instead! Good luck!

Good luck!

Congrats! You have come so far on your journey!

ChipnDip
03-24-2014, 05:45 PM

If you can't get your money back could you not just keep the food to use now with your new clinic? I wasn't lucky enough to get a welcome pack with samples but I also only pay for the food I buy, no additional fees and we are considered members for life. Do others pay additional fees? I pay about $29 a box.

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 05:55 PM

P.S. Do you know why pork tenderloin is acceptable but a lean cut pork chop is not?

I am a single mom of 3 active daughters, soccer, dance, gymnastics, I serve on the PTA at one school am chairmen of the policy council on another, I work full time as a teacher, I also go to school (online) fulltime. I have managed this diet quite successfully. I like raw veggies though so that makes a difference because when I'm in a hurry I just grab some sweet bell peppers and go! LOL If I can do this anyone can because I HATE HATE HATE cooking.

HulaChic
03-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Sounds like you have a great coach! I went back to the clinic later this afternoon and demanded a refund..I got all but $50 back which is nice, but I am still going to call IP to report this clinic and request a full refund. I really hope tomorrow's experience at the new clinic goes better! Thanks for all of the support everyone!

Why did they keep $50? I guess there needs to be a profit somewhere! Good luck on the next consultation! You're obviously smart and willing to stand up for yourself when something doesn't seem right. Can't wait for you to start, too!

My WI #3 is this Wed...and I am looking forward to it. Of course I want to lose big numbers, but I am just so happy to be moving in the direction of lowering my weight, feeling better, and hopefully reducing my insulin resistance!

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Not sure how to feel today. Went for weigh in, numbers are great, down 3.2lbs, lost 3 inches in my waist, but when doc did my body analysis most of what I lost was lean muscle, he says I'm on the border of being out of ketosis and I'm not sure what I did wrong! I wen to applebees last night but literally all I ate was a steak that I asked for no oil or seasoning on. I have been sick, but I managed through the illness to stay OP. I haven't done anything outside of whats allowed, how could I possibly be dangerously close to being out of ketosis? Guess I won't eat out again since that's all I can think of that's different. I feel good about my weight and inches numbers but losing fat and being in ketosis is the whole point... weight could it have been the lemon in my water?

ChipnDip
03-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Not sure how to feel today. Went for weigh in, numbers are great, down 3.2lbs, lost 3 inches in my waist, but when doc did my body analysis most of what I lost was lean muscle, he says I'm on the border of being out of ketosis and I'm not sure what I did wrong! I wen to applebees last night but literally all I ate was a steak that I asked for no oil or seasoning on. I have been sick, but I managed through the illness to stay OP. I haven't done anything outside of whats allowed, how could I possibly be dangerously close to being out of ketosis? Guess I won't eat out again since that's all I can think of that's different. I feel good about my weight and inches numbers but losing fat and being in ketosis is the whole point... weight could it have been the lemon in my water?

Do you always have lemon I your water? I was told not to so I usually just have hit water with lemon when I wake up. Are you using alternatives? it could be all the sickness you have been experiencing. Not eating enough I heard can make the body go after the muscle too. I'm pretty new to all this so could be completely wrong!

drd1961
03-24-2014, 06:25 PM

How do they know you are close to being out of ketosis. Also, the measuring bodyfat with bio electrical waves is not a perfect measure. If you did not drink a lot of water before you went because you are getting weighed then it can through that measurement off. You also lost a 1 to one on inches to pounds. My coach told me that is great because it does mean you are losing more fat.

Janelstpe
03-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words and nice gestures! All of you have been so nice and welcoming, it feels like an IP family! :hug:

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Do you always have lemon I your water? I was told not to so I usually just have hit water with lemon when I wake up. Are you using alternatives? it could be all the sickness you have been experiencing. Not eating enough I heard can make the body go after the muscle too. I'm pretty new to all this so could be completely wrong!

I don't usually, but it is on my list of approved "seasonings" it says lemon and lemon juice, but it was something I did different this week so I thought maybe that was it. My doc said it could be the sickness, but I think the sickness is related to the WF products, or the sucralose I've been using. I don't know but I have felt more hungry this week.

How do they know you are close to being out of ketosis. Also, the measuring bodyfat with bio electrical waves is not a perfect measure. If you did not drink a lot of water before you went because you are getting weighed then it can through that measurement off. You also lost a 1 to one on inches to pounds. My coach told me that is great because it does mean you are losing more fat.

He has a machine but water is not an issue cause I drink constantly and he takes my morning weigh in for weight. But his machine measure fat lost, lean muscle lost, bmi, body fat percent, and hydration index levels which are supposed to be no highter than 2 I think which I'm far from but going down in the right direction. Hydration index I guess is a indicator for diabetes. He's been a great coach so I trust him. He says the fat loss is the indicator for ketosis.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-24-2014, 07:32 PM

Welcome! Good answers from others but I would just add in...take 1 hour once per week and chop up your veggies so they're ready to grab and go.

Planning a weekly menu for dinner will also help.

You can definitely do this! It will be a great example for your kids that you're taking care of yourself and eating veggies. Remember, you can't take care of your family if you don't take care of you.

He has a machine but water is not an issue cause I drink constantly and he takes my morning weigh in for weight. But his machine measure fat lost, lean muscle lost, bmi, body fat percent, and hydration index levels which are supposed to be no highter than 2 I think which I'm far from but going down in the right direction. Hydration index I guess is a indicator for diabetes. He's been a great coach so I trust him. He says the fat loss is the indicator for ketosis.

Amber, those machines are not accurate at all. If you're sticking to the P1 sheet you are fine. Breathe and follow the plan :)

wildirishrose
03-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Does anyone remember me whining about cheating this weekend?? I was super nervous but still went to weigh in this week and lost 3.4 lbs! A total of 26 pounds lost in 6 weeks!! :)

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Does anyone remember me whining about cheating this weekend?? I was super nervous but still went to weigh in this week and lost 3.4 lbs! A total of 26 pounds lost in 6 weeks!! :)

good job!:o

ssubert
03-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Had my first P2 WI today..dropped 3.8 pounds.!!!!!
This is way better than I've been doing on P1, was in a slump.

My coach, and I have one of the great ones, says I can stay on P2 as long as it's working and I'm happing.

Dancing the dance of joy.:carrot:

Hawaii69
03-24-2014, 08:48 PM

Congrats! You are doing great!

Fearciuil
03-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Mine was for a week or so, but it's not so bad now. My coach said I was probably detoxing.

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
You got great advice about water, oil, and omega 3s. And be sure you're ADDING your oil to your food, rather than just cooking with it.

You got great advice from busy moms. I'm here to tell you it DOES work and can be done long term.

I use an audio version of the book The Beck Diet Solution, which helps me with the negative self-talk and doubt.

I went back to the clinic later this afternoon and demanded a refund..I got all but $50 back which is nice, but I am still going to call IP to report this clinic and request a full refund. I really hope tomorrow's experience at the new clinic goes better! Thanks for all of the support everyone!
What did they keep the $50 for?
If they stole it from you , report them to the BBB and your Attorney General of your state (or let them know you are going to do that and see what they do)

Okay. Time for me to talk you down a little.
One WI is one data point. You were down 3.2 lbs! What is the problem with that???
Now, your doc saying you lost mostly lean "muscle". SMH. Those scan scales weigh lean MASS. This is everything in our bodies that isn't fat, including skin, water, blood vessles, bones, muscle, connective tissues, etc.
You get the picture. Just being having lower hydration can throw the measurement off.

Next...dangerously close to being out of ketosis? How was THAT measured? I'm calling BS. If he based it on the body scan, those can be so off that I don't trust them.
YOU LOST 3.2 lbs!!!! :cp::cp:

These doggone coaches don't know what they say & do to people.

Vippysue
03-24-2014, 09:00 PM

Wow! That's great! Keep up the awesome work!

dcs0826
03-24-2014, 09:03 PM
You got great advice about water, oil, and omega 3s. And be sure you're ADDING your oil to your food, rather than just cooking with it.

You got great advice from busy moms. I'm here to tell you it DOES work and can be done long term.

I use an audio version of the book The Beck Diet Solution, which helps me with the negative self-talk and doubt.

What did they keep the $50 for?
If they stole it from you , report them to the BBB and your Attorney General of your state (or let them know you are going to do that and see what they do)

One WI is one data point. You were down 3.2 lbs! What is the problem with that???
Now, your doc saying you lost mostly lean "muscle". SMH. Those scan scales weigh lean MASS. This is everything in our bodies that isn't fat, including skin, water, blood vessles, bones, muscle, connective tissues, etc.
You get the picture. Just being having lower hydration can throw the measurement off.

Next...dangerously close to being out of ketosis? How was THAT measured? I'm calling BS. If he based it on the body scan, those can be so off that I don't trust them.

She claims she kept the $50 because she is a doctor and "her time with me kept her from seeing other patients and that is time she cannot get back." I tried speaking with her and she walked away while I was mid sentence and did not come back. I was disgusted.

Vippysue
03-24-2014, 09:07 PM

That's awesome!

ssubert
03-24-2014, 09:09 PM
She claims she kept the $50 because she is a doctor and "her time with me kept her from seeing other patients and that is time she cannot get back." I tried speaking with her and she walked away while I was mid sentence and did not come back. I was disgusted.

So glad you are out of there. Turn her in to IP. Really...

MarylandMom
03-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the great advice and reassurance that this can be done long term and works! I have successfully survived Day 1!

ColoradoCarol
03-24-2014, 09:23 PM
End of my "kind of" 4 day weekend. Friday I took as a vacation day. Today was my normal Monday off (I work 9 hours the rest of the pay period) BUT, because we are so busy that I worked from home about 3.5 hours. Nice thing about working from home - no interruptions and no drama.

Have a great evening

gnalosit
03-24-2014, 09:32 PM

Amber, my "muscle mass" was down this week as well. I take that with a grain of salt, as others have mentioned the BF scale is not very accurate. I know I am in ketosis because I check with ketone strips and I can definitely tell from my breath. I wouldn't sweat it, you are losing and that is all that matters.

JLUS
03-24-2014, 09:34 PM

BS!!! I would let them know you will be reporting them to BBB and state attorney general along with IP corporate!

Her time was worth $0.00 as she had no current nor correct IP information for you. She gave you nothing! She was fraudulent in her representation as an IP clinic/coach. The disorganization of the office along with the false and outdated information you were given was a waste of YOUR TIME and for that, you should bill her $100 ($50 refund and $50 for your time spent!!)

Hope you follow through with IP corporate ASAP!

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 09:56 PM

THat's why my emotions were mixed, I was down 3.2 lbs which was excellent but the being on the verge of being out of ketosis worried me the most.... I have been 100% perfect at staying OP how could I be out of or close to out of ketosis!?!?!

nicoleroper
03-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Amber, my "muscle mass" was down this week as well. I take that with a grain of salt, as others have mentioned the BF scale is not very accurate. I know I am in ketosis because I check with ketone strips and I can definitely tell from my breath. I wouldn't sweat it, you are losing and that is all that matters.

Some time my body fat will change dramatically within the course of a day. I agree with the others so many things can affect that measurement. Just look for trends

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 10:11 PM

I don't get keto breath which is a good thing, I stress about it and make my kids smell my breath all the time! LOL I do think that my urine smells different though, even though its clean, clear, and healthy it has a strange odor.

Where do you get Keto strips from?

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't get keto breath which is a good thing, I stress about it and make my kids smell my breath all the time! LOL I do think that my urine smells different though, even though its clean, clear, and healthy it has a strange odor.

Where do you get Keto strips from?

Keto strips are inaccurate too. Once the body gets efficient, it burns ketones instead of exceting them in urine.

I keep seeing this recurring "stress" theme. Why are you stressing? Really, relax. IP WORKS.

dlr9774
03-24-2014, 10:25 PM

I also work 5 days a week with 4 year old twins in day care. I once a week buy a ready made chicken from the grocery store. We eat it one supper and I have some left over chicken to add to my chicken cream soup (IP) or the Chicken al a king (IP) . We sometimes have eggs for supper - the kids get toast and fried wieners as a treat! Keep of the good work out there to my fellow IP mom's. I know my little twins are one good reason I am losing weight.:^:

JLUS
03-24-2014, 10:28 PM
THat's why my emotions were mixed, I was down 3.2 lbs which was excellent but the being on the verge of being out of ketosis worried me the most.... I have been 100% perfect at staying OP how could I be out of or close to out of ketosis!?!?!

If you are 100% IP, you ARE in ketosis and your coach could not know otherwise from a lean mass test on a notoriously unreliable machine! RELAX!

FYI - the ketostix are also not terribly reliable, especially once you have been low carbing for awhile. Your body gets efficient at processing the ketones and won't excrete as much so you often won't register them... Then you will just get more stressed.

Stay 100% and you will stay in ketosis! You didn't work this hard to get here just to let incorrect info get you down!

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Keto strips are inaccurate too. Once the body gets efficient, it burns ketones instead of exceting them in urine.

I keep seeing this recurring "stress" theme. Why are you stressing? Really, relax. IP WORKS.

LOL, I know it works, I've just had a pretty stressful year that hasn't quite come to a close yet. My stress levels are pretty high most days, but the end is near and there is light at the end of the tunnel. IP is something I decided to do for me and to avoid surgery and other terrible things (back problems) I feel great, I feel better than I've felt in years and I have a lot of great things in my life including my improved health. Just a lot of things that stress people out, normal things, and I'm trying to learn new ways to handle stress (instead of eating or drinking wine) I haven't mastered it yet, but I will.

If you are 100% IP, you ARE in ketosis and your coach could not know otherwise from a lean mass test on a notoriously unreliable machine! RELAX!

FYI - the ketostix are also not terribly reliable, especially once you have been low carbing for awhile. Your body gets efficient at processing the ketones and won't excrete as much so you often won't register them... Then you will just get more stressed.

Stay 100% and you will stay in ketosis! You didn't work this hard to get here just to let incorrect info get you down!

Thanks to both of you ladies!!!! Always great advice and calming words. :hug:

Proudmama2maet
03-24-2014, 11:14 PM
I really love this forum, I am learning so much! I purchased some WF Honey Mustard Salad Dressing last week from my clinic and enjoyed it so I wanted to put in an order online. I'm in phase 1 and was told to only eat tomatoes a few times a week, if at all. Does anyone know if WF ketchup is okay in Phase 1 then since it contains tomatoes? Also looking at selecting different salad dressings- any recommendations on what's good? Thanks everyone!

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Amber
Your next WI you need to tell the doc to chill on sharing all of his thoughts b/c they're stressing you out. As long as weight is going down , fat is coming off & you can't rely on inaccurate, imprecise measurements. You'd be better off with a regular scale than having someone make predictions & judgements using an inaccurate tool.

Lolo70
03-25-2014, 02:04 AM

I am sorry, but he is bull..... you. You will be in ketosis as long as you eat 50g of carbs or below. many people will still be in ketosis up to about 70g of carbs. It is carb intake that counts. You may go out of ketosis if you eat a lot of protein as this can be converted into glucose by your body. but on IP that is not possible. even if you went out of ketosis, it would probably not really affect your weight loss. It will help keep your hunger low. Lemon will not affect anything. You can also eat out no problem.

And this talk about dangerously close. I would kick him. He does not know what he is talking about. He is just talking bull.....

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 05:29 AM
One more thought, Amber

Most doctors have VERY LITTLE nutritional training (1 course or less in med school) and the training is mainstream nutrition (ie high carb) so few understand ketosis. Just b/c he's a doc doesn't mean he has much IP training ad if he's telling you (excuse me) BS like this, well, to me he's showing his lack of knowledge about fat loss/weight loss.

I'm still wondering why he would stress out a client who came for a weigh/in and LOST >3 lbs following his diet!!!!