Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/22 - Sun 3/23/2014

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 06:41 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Beck diet daily Tip

Cravings do not just get worse and worse until you canít stand it. Cravings are like waves Ė they swell and then recede. Cravings always go away, even if you never put a bite of food in your mouth. If you wait it out, it will go away! And if you get distracted, it will go away even more quickly.

JLUS
03-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Beck diet daily Tip

Cravings do not just get worse and worse until you canít stand it. Cravings are like waves Ė they swell and then recede. Cravings always go away, even if you never put a bite of food in your mouth. If you wait it out, it will go away! And if you get distracted, it will go away even more quickly.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

How true is THAT?! So often we see people saying they gave in to a craving because they "had to" or they "could not resist" but nothing physically bad happens if we don't eat XYZ, it's our mental duress that gets us every time! We have to find ways to be stronger than the craving!

Go IPers... We are IP STRONG!!! :broc:

Ruth Ann
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM
Beck diet daily Tip

I was just having this discussion with a friend! I told her I always tell myself that if I still want whatever I'm craving in 30 minutes I can have it. Then I go drink a large glass of water or tea, and get busy doing something else (clean something, take a walk, etc.). Not once have I every wanted whatever it was 30 minutes later.

Cravings are short term - learning to deal with them gives us life-long rewards!

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM
I wanted to make sure everyone saw this from it's own thread. This belonged where all could see and learn from it

Good day everyone!

I've been crawling around the forum for awhile, and figured I'd introduce myself, tell you my experience and mostly, thank you for being here!

So, here's one long post from me! :D

After over two years of eating 'healthy', (whole foods/very little processed foods) I just kept putting weight on and feeling horrible. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2009 and basically felt like crap every day. I'm a very active person. I just forged through the aches and pains. But, it sucked!

Mid-2013 I started researching metabolic syndrome and trying to figure out how to attack that problem. (I was not diagnosed, but believe that I was headed in that direction.)

Thank goodness, somebody mentioned IP to me in November. I looked into it. Wow! It gave me a no-thinking program to follow! It was exactly what I was trying to put together on my own. I was exhausted from all the reading and researching I'd done over the years! I just wanted to get on it and see what would happen. So, this was not a new year's resolution.

I started IP on Christmas Eve with a tentative goal to lose 30 lbs. At the end of February I was down 25 lbs and feeling great. I decided to start phasing off IP. I continued to lose weight through phase 2 and I'm finishing up phase 3 still losing inches.

I'm ready for maintenance, which is actually mostly like I've been eating for the past few years. I feel absolutely fantastic and ready to take on life!

My IP experience:
- followed the protocol (Just follow it. Why complicate it?!?)
-light exercise the entire time I was OP
-hated WF products, except for apple butter and raspberry fruit spread/
I made salad dressing and Rainbow's homemade mayo. I just don't like 'fake' tasting food.
-Thank you Rainbow for the recipes!
-using the IP salt was so necessary to ward off headaches
-Within a week OP, I was drinking a gallon of water a day...and still am
(I always drank a lot of water and green tea, but never this much!)
-After the first couple weeks OP, I did not fret over exact weights and measurement of food. I pretty much eye-balled everything.
-I listened to my body. I tuned into how it was responding and adjusted if necessary.

My only advice would be that some folks need to relax!
Breath. Don't try to force it. Are you listening to your body?
Don't compare yourself to others. I know, it's difficult not to, but we are all very individual!

NOTE: I cannot comprehend being on IP for as long as some of you have been, and I send a thumbs up and hugs to all of you!!!!

Thank you for keeping this forum active, asking the questions and freely giving out so much info.

Take care!
Stay strong; stay the course.

nicoleroper
03-22-2014, 08:36 AM
So excited I had to tell someone! Just ordered a size 6 bikini for the summer. I am actually in an 8, but it is a little lose. By the time it is warm enough to swim, I will b in a 6.

sapphire83
03-22-2014, 08:44 AM
So excited I had to tell someone! Just ordered a size 6 bikini for the summer. I am actually in an 8, but it is a little lose. By the time it is warm enough to swim, I will b in a 6.

That's awesome! IP will make the summers so much better!

Ruth Ann
03-22-2014, 08:48 AM

Hooray for size 6! That is just super - congrats to you!

1LittleStar
03-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Beck diet daily Tip

Very true! Sometimes the waves are big and powerful and stick around for a long time, but they always go away eventually.

--------------------------------------------------

So it's been 6 days back on IP including a business trip and a few stressful events. Why did I choose to start this week knowing that it would be particularly challenging? Because if I get through this week, I can do this for the duration. And there will always be events, and stressful times, and excuses. No more waiting and no more excuses for me! Glad I did it, and stayed OP! I'm on my way!!

My plan this weekend (other than helping at a swim-a-thon and bringing kids to skating practice for the ice show), is to become creative again with the packets! I've got lots of recipes on my blog that I'm going to make (definitely having goddess soup and flatbread). But I don't want to get bored. So if anyone has recipes that they want me to try and review, let me know!

sunflwr816
03-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi all and happy weekend! Missed you yesterday! We picked up the puppy yesterday and whoa baby are puppies hard work. He's a doll though and even though I'm running on 5 hours sleep, he's totally worth it. :D

I didn't have time yesterday to weigh in, so I hopped on this morning. I'm down another 1.2, bringing me to 155.2....10 pounds down!! :carrot::carrot: I don't know how realistic 135 will be for me but I'm going to continue on IP until I'm at least to 140 and/or size 4/6 comfortably.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll pop in again when I can. Oh, and here's Miles!

drd1961
03-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Good morning. We are heading home today. I have not be been perfect this trip, but I am glad I brought my own food and I logged everything and it was really more of a P4 diet. Yesterday was the best day, and today should be fine. I really am suppose to start P4 today. I swam 2500 yards every morning which helped keep me in my routine. Well, 9 hour drive ahead...

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Well adding a big trip over my spring/Easter break, going to take my kiddo's to Vegas to visit my best friend and her daughter (who is my daughters best friend) then we are headed to Cali for a couple of days, Disney for a day trip and the beach... This trip is coming in 3 weeks, and I'm hoping that the only pants I have is the size 16's I ordered and can almost button, I think I will make it to that goal. Then I will be meeting another big challenge, vacation eating lol

schenectady
03-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I have not posted for quite a few days and the reason is frustration tinted with a touch of shame and anger. I am working on all of those but I post this because it reinforces to me why staying 100% OP can be so important. Maybe this will resonate with some others and help.

I have struggled terrifically the past 10 days. I could bore everyone with the details and what would be excuses, but I will not.

What is important is that going off is rarely just a cheat. For me, it led to slipping seriously off the program. My war with obesity is really a day-to-day battle. The old habits and emotional challenges are lurking in the back of my mind, waiting to take over with the first bite of ice cream or whatever.

I know I must fight with every breath in my body to first reject the temptation. Believe me, fighting and succeeding against temptation is so much EASIER than trying to get back to being 100% OP. How I wish I had not taken that first off program bite.

It does not matter what stresses I am under, what family event pulls me down, whatever. It is important to learn to cope with these things and keep going. I am happy that I have lost nearly 100 pounds, but I have 40 more to go AND a lifetime ahead of me.

So for those who face upcoming social events, trips, cravings, please read and consider what I have been through. Yes, we are all different and have varying levels of strength and recovery. But whatever is in our heads that pushed us into obesity in the first place never goes away and taking each day as a battle against that is a reality for many of us.

Mulse
03-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Beck diet daily Tip

I'm only on Week 3, so still get the cravings (although I completely believe they're in my head and not actual hunger). Whenever I feel it coming, I give myself a manicure. It keeps me busy and because I don't want to mess up my nails, I won't go digging in the fridge or cupboards.

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Schenectady :hug:
It takes a lot of fortitude to come here and talk like you did without excuses, without glorifying the food "you just had to have" and just flat-out calling it like it is. That, my dear, is no-nonsense.

Staying clean feels good. Even the time I've spent off P1 has been relatively clean. Whenever other stuff makes it back in (through my own choice, not through being out-of-control), my hands & feet swell up, my gut bothers me, I get lethargic and achey. Those symptoms are how I lived pre-IP. That is NOT the direction I am heading. - anyway, I digress. Staying clean feels good and "not" doesn't feel good.

So, we keep doing more and more of what feels good. Some of us are quick forgetters (not slow learners ;)) or we get the "I don't give a 4@^#" attitude.

Either way, pull out your Beck Diet book recording (I have the audio book on my phone) and listen, listen, listen! She'll get your head in the right place in no time.

For many of us, it isn't about just losing 20 lbs or so. If, like me, you've been morbidly obese, it is such a major lifestyle change and shift in thinking and behavior that to expect perfection...well, it's not gonna happen. Many folks are able to stick 100% to P1 but then mantainance becomes the struggle. Not that it can't be done, but it sure takes thought, decisions, planning, and re-training the self. So wherever your struggle is, it'll happen. You are SO NOT ALONE!

I'm down to the last 20-ish (+/-) but I'm not an IP person with 20 lbs to lose. I'm an IP person who was morbidly obese who has the LAST 20-or so to go. I could have given up when I plateaued but I know I'd no longer be a "formerly" obese person...I'd head straight back there. I had to keep up the struggle. I had to learn to maintain because I've never done it before. I've been here & watched people come in AND get to goal while I've still been plateaued. Much of it was self-imposed as I gave my thyroid and metabolism a break. Some days it has been hard to watch people having their successes. But you know what? I feel SO VERY successful because I'm going into spring and the same clothes I put away late last Fall still fit me! I used to have to buy new clothes every season :p

Okay this got long. I hope it sounded supportive.
I KNOW you can do it.
So much of our ability to have success or failure lies right in our own doggone heads. Changing my mind has been as huge for me as changing my body (and my wardrobe!)

But, little, by little, we improve.

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 12:53 PM
WI #4 down 2.8 and a loss in inches too! :D Of course the most inches lost...in my bust. Naturally. Now...off to shop for veggies!

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi all and happy weekend! Missed you yesterday! We picked up the puppy yesterday and whoa baby are puppies hard work. He's a doll though and even though I'm running on 5 hours sleep, he's totally worth it. :D

I didn't have time yesterday to weigh in, so I hopped on this morning. I'm down another 1.2, bringing me to 155.2....10 pounds down!! :carrot::carrot: I don't know how realistic 135 will be for me but I'm going to continue on IP until I'm at least to 140 and/or size 4/6 comfortably.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll pop in again when I can. Oh, and here's Miles!

Congrats on your loss! That's fantastic. What a cute puppy!

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 01:09 PM
I have not posted for quite a few days and the reason is frustration tinted with a touch of shame and anger. I am working on all of those but I post this because it reinforces to me why staying 100% OP can be so important. Maybe this will resonate with some others and help.

I have struggled terrifically the past 10 days. I could bore everyone with the details and what would be excuses, but I will not.

What is important is that going off is rarely just a cheat. For me, it led to slipping seriously off the program. My war with obesity is really a day-to-day battle. The old habits and emotional challenges are lurking in the back of my mind, waiting to take over with the first bite of ice cream or whatever.

I know I must fight with every breath in my body to first reject the temptation. Believe me, fighting and succeeding against temptation is so much EASIER than trying to get back to being 100% OP. How I wish I had not taken that first off program bite.

It does not matter what stresses I am under, what family event pulls me down, whatever. It is important to learn to cope with these things and keep going. I am happy that I have lost nearly 100 pounds, but I have 40 more to go AND a lifetime ahead of me.

So for those who face upcoming social events, trips, cravings, please read and consider what I have been through. Yes, we are all different and have varying levels of strength and recovery. But whatever is in our heads that pushed us into obesity in the first place never goes away and taking each day as a battle against that is a reality for many of us.

:hug: Changing parts of who we are is challenging. I'm terrified that I will gain all the weight back and then some when I'm done. It's my worst fear in the world. I want to be able to live, eat, and drink normally without effort and without always being concerned. I constantly question how I got here. I wasn't always obese, I wasn't even over weight, but suddenly I was. I wanna go back and then be able to be normal, eat and drink all things in moderation but I am so terrified to the core of my soul to lose all this weight and than gain. So many people I know have lost weight and then put it all back plus 25-30 lbs, I can't go there again. I understand how you feel, I still have a long way to go to my goal, 60-75lbs depending on where I decide I want to land. It was so easy to get here and so hard to go back, it's not really fair. I know that part of how I got here was living in a really bad relationship. I was depressed and unhappy and I ate. I have since moved on from that situation now life is much happier, but I am still a stress eater. I prefer a bag of chips and some gummy bears when I'm stressed. I eat the whole bag and I tell myself it's okay because I'm stressed and it makes me feel better... it's not ok, it doesn't make me feel better. It's so exciting to lose weight but it's also very scary.

sarahBell
03-22-2014, 01:09 PM

I am so so so sorry you have had such a bad time. :(

:hug: I am sending cosmic sized loads of :dust: to you. I sprinkled some on me too ;)

I hope you get back on track no matter the obstacles in your way!

You are so sweet and I wish you will power, dust and IP power :P

HulaChic
03-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Yesterday was really difficult!!! I had pretty severe cravings, emotional (way worse than normal) and I think it's getting close to TOM.

I gave in to some of the cravings....I had an extra Restricted IP food (chocolate brownie). I figured it was the best choice of the worst case scenarios. It actually helped...but: 1.) I hope I didn't throw off my ketosis by doing that and 2.) a bit disappointed that I slipped. I've found in the past if I slip, then I can't get back up...sometimes for months.

But this morning...I feel good and have been on track. I just pray that these cravings will subside! It seems to hit in the last afternoon.

Ruth Ann
03-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Yesterday was really difficult!!! I had pretty severe cravings, emotional (way worse than normal) and I think it's getting close to TOM.

I gave in to some of the cravings....I had an extra Restricted IP food (chocolate brownie). I figured it was the best choice of the worst case scenarios. It actually helped...but: 1.) I hope I didn't throw off my ketosis by doing that and 2.) a bit disappointed that I slipped. I've found in the past if I slip, then I can't get back up...sometimes for months.

But this morning...I feel good and have been on track. I just pray that these cravings will subside! It seems to hit in the last afternoon.

If you have to have something a chocolate pudding, jello, drink mix, etc. would really be a better choice. Basically, use the unrestricted rather than the restricted. Those cravings can be a bear! You might want to find some decaf herbal chocolate tea or some other flavor that you would enjoy - knocked the cravings right out for me many a time.

ColoradoCarol
03-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Happy Saturday.

It is snowing here - we could get 1-3" by tomorrow. I am so hopeful that sping (and sandal) weather will be coming soon that I went ahead and got my first pedicure of the season today. Always interesting when you walk out of the nail place, snowis falling (not sticking yet), in your heavy coat and those disposable flip flops. ;)

RosiePosie101
03-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Your post made me cry. Could be TOM is coming but still, I got teary and I just feel your agony so much through the amazing writing skills you have. Your story over the past 1-2 weeks has really cemented for me that I am not cheating while doing this. The pure heartfelt pain that you have experienced has solidified that and I am even more determined not to cheat. Thankfully, I am not an emotional eater but I am a 'treat myself' eater, whereby, a good day, bad day, average day, sunny day, cold day, boring day, exciting day (you get the picture) is treated as justification for a wine and high calorie, carb-laden food choices. I'm also a follower when it comes to eating out. In that, if a friend gets a burger and fries, that's justification for me to do the same. Similarly with dessert.

I am learning that I am more than capable of making healthy choices at restaurants. And my lovely friends are 100% supportive, they let me order first so I'm not tempted by their food choices, they say no to the bread basket and if they get fries, they move them so they are far away from me and I can't smell them! This doesn't mean that I'm not going to be fighting these temptations forever and it's going to get hard when I am slim (because I will get there!) and people will be saying, just try one, it won't hurt. But it will hurt. It will be the start to that 'treating myself' justification again. And I am not allowing that habit to become what governs my life and my happiness.

I wish you all the best on your continued journey and remember, that we are all here with you, cheering from the sidelines and picking you up when you stumble. Hugs RosiePosie

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 02:00 PM
IP brownies? Is this a product purchase or a recipe? My coach doesn't carry everything, he doesn't carry the white cheddar puff/crisps and I like them, :(

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 02:08 PM
IP brownies? Is this a product purchase or a recipe? My coach doesn't carry everything, he doesn't carry the white cheddar puff/crisps and I like them, :(

They are listed as NEW on my order sheet so I thought i would try them. I had the brownies on my order list today and my coach told me they were temporarily unavailable because something was wrong with the current batch(kind of scary) and they threw them all out and were starting over. I got the lemon wafers instead.

Slipfree
03-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Schenectady- we are on a journey and no new path is ever completely smooth. We have spent a lot of our lives depending on food to comfort and entertain us. You are working very hard to retrain your mind and body. Forgive yourself for not being perfect. You have already identified some of your triggers and now know where you need to continue to work. Pick yourself up, dust off your disappointment and move yourself forward. Focus on one meal at a time until you feel confident again. You can do it :hug:

MsGracie
03-22-2014, 02:20 PM

Congratulations on both your loss and the puppy!! What a cutie-pie!! Enjoy the puppy time - they grow so fast!!

:hug:

HulaChic
03-22-2014, 02:24 PM
WI #4 down 2.8 and a loss in inches too! :D Of course the most inches lost...in my bust. Naturally. Now...off to shop for veggies!

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting! Keep up the great work! I've lost 2 inches off my bust...but not really my bust considering the massage fat bulges I have around my bra straps along my back. :D

HulaChic
03-22-2014, 02:32 PM

Hey Amber---I've only been on IP for 19 days, but my coach has them. They're pretty tasty! They are restricted and a good size.

RuthAnn---Thanks for the advice. I almost felt rebellious eating it. Somehow protesting...giving into cravings. I knew in my head that I should have reached for an unrestricted IP food...but I just was irritable and in a bad mood. :) Next time I will make a better choice.

ColoradoCarol
03-22-2014, 02:37 PM
They are listed as NEW on my order sheet so I thought i would try them. I had the brownies on my order list today and my coach told me they were temporarily unavailable because something was wrong with the current batch(kind of scary) and they threw them all out and were starting over. I got the lemon wafers instead.

LOVE the lemon wafers. They are my new favorite restricted.

sunflwr816
03-22-2014, 02:39 PM

GREAT loss! Congrats! :bravo:

ColoradoCarol
03-22-2014, 02:46 PM

Congrats. :carrot:

gnalosit
03-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Lisa, I've noticed you mentioned that you have cut out soy. I'm experiencing some stomach upset after eating my packets, particularly the soy crisps. I'm wondering if it is the soy? I've noticed that most packets contain soy, how are you able to avoid it?

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Lisa, I've noticed you mentioned that you have cut out soy. I'm experiencing some stomach upset after eating my packets, particularly the soy crisps. I'm wondering if it is the soy? I've noticed that most packets contain soy, how are you able to avoid it?
I posted a list I created for myself on what to avoid in the whole foods thread.

I had to go with alternative products and stop buying most IP products. I still use the milk chocolate pudding and the potato puree. What I restrict is the soy protein. The Lecithin is very difficult to avoid but the protein is what seems to cause me troubles.
I also use Syntrax Nectar, Quest Bars (for restricteds), Simply Chips (another restricted - available from Netrition if you can't find locally), and a few items from Nashua Nutrition (mostly various flavor puddings).

It wasn't fun and at the time I was really thinking IP was hard enough without limiting my choices further but I have totally lived through it.

I also started taking the digestive enzymes. They help immensely!

gnalosit
03-22-2014, 03:22 PM

I am on week 6 and am consistently losing in my bust but haven't lost a bit on my thigh. Come on thighs get with the program! ;)

TurtleMom
03-22-2014, 06:13 PM
I am on week 6 and am consistently losing in my bust but haven't lost a bit on my thigh. Come on thighs get with the program! ;)

My bust & hips are the fast movers. My waist had better get a move on or it will soon find itself larger than my hips :club: Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but I would rather not have a diamond-shaped body!

schenectady -hang in there! Sending you :hug: and :goodvibes:

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 06:14 PM

I knew the girls would be the first to go. Oh well. I didn't lose in my thighs either. Hmm. What is up with that?

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 06:20 PM
LOVE the lemon wafers. They are my new favorite restricted.

They are really good. I was carrying it around in my purse while running errands so it got kind of broken up. But I ate ate every little crumb! I'm a sucker for anything lemon. :dizzy:

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Schenectady: Just hugs.:hug:

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 06:39 PM
I have lost 3 inches in the bust but not much in other places, I'm finishing up 5 weeks tomorrow. I guess I've lost an inch in the thigh, one in the hips, and one in the waist, but 3-1 is scary lol.

On another note kind of a tmi note anyone have problems with diarrhea? I've had it 3 times now in the past like 8 days, I normally never have these problems. I'm beginning to wonder what it is...

wildirishrose
03-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Hey guys. Having a bummer of a weekend. Last night we went out and I wish I could re do it. We went to the perfect place. You got to pick your cut of meat and grill it yourself, you could add skillet veggies or mushrooms too. PERFECT for this diet! I don't know why I did it, maybe cause I was making the food myself and everyone else was doing it, but I slapped some butter on a piece of toast and ate it. I also had the salad even though it had balsamic vinegar on it.....my weigh in is on Monday and if I cheat I get kicked off. Today I was down -.4 lbs from last week, the lowest weight loss I've ever had. I was doing SO good. I am so so so upset :(

I know this is probably no possible, but does anyone know of anything I can do to boost weight loss or get myself into ketosis quickly?

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm just wondering if I made my ticker right, does it just show up when you post?

catlady1981
03-22-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm just wondering if I made my ticker right, does it just show up when you post?

Ticker looks good to me. Congrats on 20 lbs! Sorry about the big D. But you have been sick, maybe that has something to do with it.

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what is up, I'm having the same symptoms and problem I had Monday/Tuesday been beyond fine the rest of the week, in fact I felt great Thursday and Friday. I wonder if theirs a common denominator. Today I tried my Chipotle Ranch from WF and that's the only thing new... but at this very moment my stomach sounds like war! Couldn't be a worse night since I am boarding two dogs on their travels from Texas to their forever homes in Cali

Ruth Ann
03-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what is up, I'm having the same symptoms and problem I had Monday/Tuesday been beyond fine the rest of the week, in fact I felt great Thursday and Friday. I wonder if theirs a common denominator. Today I tried my Chipotle Ranch from WF and that's the only thing new... but at this very moment my stomach sounds like war! Couldn't be a worse night since I am boarding two dogs on their travels from Texas to their forever homes in Cali

Some of the WF stuff does that to me - I have to use very small amounts of the bbq sauce or it really is bad.

Hawaii69
03-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Hey guys. Having a bummer of a weekend. Last night we went out and I wish I could re do it. We went to the perfect place. You got to pick your cut of meat and grill it yourself, you could add skillet veggies or mushrooms too. PERFECT for this diet! I don't know why I did it, maybe cause I was making the food myself and everyone else was doing it, but I slapped some butter on a piece of toast and ate it. I also had the salad even though it had balsamic vinegar on it.....my weigh in is on Monday and if I cheat I get kicked off. Today I was down -.4 lbs from last week, the lowest weight loss I've ever had. I was doing SO good. I am so so so upset :(

I know this is probably no possible, but does anyone know of anything I can do to boost weight loss or get myself into ketosis quickly?

I don't have a lot of advice but to drink lots of water and stick strictly to plan now. And don't beat yourself up! Focus on staying on plan 100% and keep looking ahead!

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Some of the WF stuff does that to me - I have to use very small amounts of the bbq sauce or it really is bad.

I'm really wondering, it has to be something, I don't think I should be getting this kind of thing off and on every few days...

Yayalaine
03-22-2014, 11:18 PM
I have read of others having muscle cramps in their legs, but have any of you had them anywhere else? The last two days, I have had pains in my right side and upper abdomen that I THINK are cramps or spasms. The first was absolutely horrible and lasted for several minutes. I thought something was seriously wrong and almost called 911. It finally stopped. But, since then, I have been getting "twinges" and almost a throbbing type of feeling in my side. Strange...

Wondering if others have had this? (BTW, I do not have my gall bladder anymore, so it's not that.)

I got extra salt today and tonight I took an extra potassium tablet. I am hoping this goes away and that I don't have another strong one.

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 06:06 AM
AmberLS
a lot if folks have digestive issues on IP although it is usually C.
Have you tried correlating it to added Mio, WF, etc? Some folks are sensitive to too much sucralose. It is a known gut disturber.
And MANY folks are sensitive to too much soy. Check your packet ingredients. I had to eliminate it.

Yayalaine
Pains should be checked out.
Here is an interesting guide I found
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/mens-health/when-to-worry-about-abdominal-pain

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 07:41 AM
I have read of others having muscle cramps in their legs, but have any of you had them anywhere else? The last two days, I have had pains in my right side and upper abdomen that I THINK are cramps or spasms. The first was absolutely horrible and lasted for several minutes. I thought something was seriously wrong and almost called 911. It finally stopped. But, since then, I have been getting "twinges" and almost a throbbing type of feeling in my side. Strange...

Wondering if others have had this? (BTW, I do not have my gall bladder anymore, so it's not that.)

I got extra salt today and tonight I took an extra potassium tablet. I am hoping this goes away and that I don't have another strong one.

Please go see your doctor - there are way too many things that your symptoms can be to try to diagnoses on a discussion board. those do NOT sound like muscle cramps at all.

wallysmommy
03-23-2014, 09:17 AM
I think you all can relate to this. I had a dream last night that I went to the cafeteria in the hospital where I work and bought a big piece of chocolate cake with icing. I was walking down the hall eating it when I realized with horror that it wasn't on IP, and I started crying because I was going to have to start over. Thankfully, it was only a dream!

Jeanne

drd1961
03-23-2014, 09:30 AM
I think you all can relate to this. I had a dream last night that I went to the cafeteria in the hospital where I work and bought a big piece of chocolate cake with icing. I was walking down the hall eating it when I realized with horror that it wasn't on IP, and I started crying because I was going to have to start over. Thankfully, it was only a dream!

Jeanne

Yes and add to it that you dream you wake up with ALL your weight back on(shudder).

Jenny38
03-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Schenectady -:hug:
It is a privilege reading your post and I am confident you will get
back on track because you are so committed to your health. I relate so much to your post and have resorted to previous eating behaviours to deal with issues. Like you said there will always be stress and dealing with it without going off plan will be the work. I have started to read "Refuse to Regain" and she talks about being a "warrior" when it come to food and making good choices for us. I now have that as a daily reminder in my phone and I think it helps.

Sunflwr - love the puppy pic. Congrats on your 1.2lbs drop:)

:carrot::carrot:

Had a NSV yesterday, went to a wedding shower that was catered with the most yummy food and did not have a bite. Ate a crispy pancake and salad before I went and took a bar for on the way home. I think it helped I left before the cake:)

I also heard they recalled the brownies, I hope they come back out they were a filling restricted to have on a gym day.

TurtleMom
03-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Jeanne

Yes and add to it that you dream you wake up with ALL your weight back on(shudder).

Mine is dreaming that I lick a frosting spoon on accident while preparing something for the rest of my family who aren't on IP :eek:

On a fun note, I gave in to the gimmies & got a Fitbit One. After uttering many unladylike words when I realized it would not cooperate with neither my tablet nor our linux-based desktop, I was finally able to get it started using DH's laptop. I like the cheery messages, but don't think I will be able to get away with looking down my shirt at work to see them (as I will be attaching it to my bra). Oh well. Does anyone know if it has a cattle prod function? You know, when you've been inactive too long it gives you a little zap to get you moving again. That would make it easier when I can't look at the display.

Vippysue
03-23-2014, 10:25 AM

Jeanne

I have "cheat" dreams quite often. I wonder what they mean. I did tell my coach that I am having anxiety about going to maintenance and ever taking a bite of sugar again. I know it is addictive and I was a "sugarholic." I don't have the cravings now, but all of my protein packs including restricteds are "sweet".....pudding, choc drinks, wafers, etc.

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 10:28 AM

Jeanne

I have cheat dreams all the time, they are so weird! Funny how your brain works. I'm usually dealing with food for my kids or snacks for my students and I suddenly just eat whatever. The worst though was a movie dream. I just reached over and grabbed a handful of popcorn, then I took a big drink of a pepsi, I realized what I'd done and I was like Oh eff it, so I just pigged out. I woke up in a total panic!

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 10:31 AM
So I sent off the dogs I fostered for the night early this morning after they woke up at 5am to go outside. Fun experience but next time I'm only overnighting or transporting one, two big dogs, plus my big dog, my cat, and my 3 kids was chaos lol. On top of it all I was having stomach issues again. But I'm feeling great today and it looks BEAUTIFUL outside... I think it's a great day to go to the park with the kids.

schenectady
03-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Your post made me cry. Could be TOM is coming but still, I got teary and I just feel your agony so much through the amazing writing skills you have. Your story over the past 1-2 weeks has really cemented for me that I am not cheating while doing this. The pure heartfelt pain that you have experienced has solidified that and I am even more determined not to cheat. Thankfully, I am not an emotional eater but I am a 'treat myself' eater, whereby, a good day, bad day, average day, sunny day, cold day, boring day, exciting day (you get the picture) is treated as justification for a wine and high calorie, carb-laden food choices. I'm also a follower when it comes to eating out. In that, if a friend gets a burger and fries, that's justification for me to do the same. Similarly with dessert.

I am learning that I am more than capable of making healthy choices at restaurants. And my lovely friends are 100% supportive, they let me order first so I'm not tempted by their food choices, they say no to the bread basket and if they get fries, they move them so they are far away from me and I can't smell them! This doesn't mean that I'm not going to be fighting these temptations forever and it's going to get hard when I am slim (because I will get there!) and people will be saying, just try one, it won't hurt. But it will hurt. It will be the start to that 'treating myself' justification again. And I am not allowing that habit to become what governs my life and my happiness.

I wish you all the best on your continued journey and remember, that we are all here with you, cheering from the sidelines and picking you up when you stumble. Hugs RosiePosie

You have made my morning! Thank you so much for your kind words and support. This part of my journey has been the rockiest part, but having lost as much as I have, I know I can do it. I know I just need to laser focus my mind on my goal and how good I have felt and how good I look in size 14/16's instead of 24!

My reason for posting is part cathartic and part missionary. I feel better but I also hope to communicate to anyone else out there who is wondering about just one extra bite, one special meal, one important day. The way to honor whatever it is that is special is not to go off IP!

That bite, that meal, that day rarely tastes or feels as good as we imagined it to be. It certainly does not taste as good as skinny feels!

The positive part, though, is that I am learning not to give up when I slip. Part of that comes from the incredible support I feel from those on this site. The first few days I was to too embarrassed to post what was going on but then I realized that I am making this journey holding the hands of many others. They will not drop my hands and I need to trust in the power that can give me.

So big hugs and thanks to you, Rosie Posie, and all those who are hanging in there with me.

Mulse
03-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I've been OP for three week, sticking strictly to the protocol. Last night, around 1am, I woke up STARVING. I couldn't keep my mind off of it, couldn't go back to sleep, was experiencing actual physical hunger pangs. This is the first time I can EVER remember this happening to me. I tossed and turned until about 1:45am, when I finally got up and made myself a shake and a huge glass of water and then went back to bed. I slept like a baby until 9am.

Has anyone else had this happen? I feel like I should have tried to fight through it, and I did try just the water alone first, to see if it was thirst, but my body wanted protein. My eating yesterday was all completely on plan and within the Phase 1 guidelines.

gnalosit
03-23-2014, 01:24 PM
I posted a list I created for myself on what to avoid in the whole foods thread.

I had to go with alternative products and stop buying most IP products. I still use the milk chocolate pudding and the potato puree. What I restrict is the soy protein. The Lecithin is very difficult to avoid but the protein is what seems to cause me troubles.
I also use Syntrax Nectar, Quest Bars (for restricteds), Simply Chips (another restricted - available from Netrition if you can't find locally), and a few items from Nashua Nutrition (mostly various flavor puddings).

It wasn't fun and at the time I was really thinking IP was hard enough without limiting my choices further but I have totally lived through it.

I also started taking the digestive enzymes. They help immensely!

Thanks Lisa! I am going to start phasing out the soy crisps and see if that helps (unfortunately I just picked up a box yesterday). Then see about eliminating some other IP foods.

65X65
03-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Good morning, everyone!

I've been OP for three week, sticking strictly to the protocol. Last night, around 1am, I woke up STARVING. I couldn't keep my mind off of it, couldn't go back to sleep, was experiencing actual physical hunger pangs. This is the first time I can EVER remember this happening to me. I tossed and turned until about 1:45am, when I finally got up and made myself a shake and a huge glass of water and then went back to bed. I slept like a baby until 9am.

Has anyone else had this happen? I feel like I should have tried to fight through it, and I did try just the water alone first, to see if it was thirst, but my body wanted protein. My eating yesterday was all completely on plan and within the Phase 1 guidelines.

Mulse...It appears your starting weight is in the range you should have been on more than 3 Packets a day...were you? If not, I would say the huger was real and just caught up to you.

I am at goal and in maintenance since August and not too active on the forum these days...so welcome!

When I was in P1, I was using all IP roducts except for occasional EAS ready to drinks. Because I need to be gluten free, I was not using restricted items...AT ALL. About once every week or two I would experience a day where I was famished. I believe those extra few calories in the restricteds that I was simply not getting, eventually added up to my body needing more....something. A few more calories war-cry shout out probably.... !!!My starting weight was within the guidelines for only 3 packets, I am short...4'10" and older..65 last August...... and definitely carb sensitive. So adding extra carbs did not seem a good idea for me, and I decided to add a few more bites of protein instead, after a pow wow with my coach.

By increasing animal protein by about 2 ounces that day (or the next if I could stand it to wait and see if things got better) that little bit would satisfy me and the feeling would be gone immediately.......and I was MUCH better in the following days with adding that little bump in daily calories. We (coach) did not want to add more carbs and I felt so much better immediately with the protein. Coach considered me to be 100% compliant with this tweak.

**As I got midway to goal...that problem went away. (No more extra bites!!)

My losses were consistent and averaged at about 2.7 lbs a week for the first 4+ months, then slowed down the later part of my journey (as expected). I reached goal in just under 7 months, with out a stall. (Had some very slow weeks of course...but would lose inches) So do not get discouraged..no matter what!!Best of luck. For what it's worth, I think what you were feeling was real if you have been 100%, and were not using 4 packets a day.

Mulse
03-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Mulse...It appears your starting weight is in the range you should have been on more than 3 Packets a day...were you? If not, I would say the huger was real and just caught up to you.

Thanks for replying. Interesting, because I have been using 4 packets a day (one for breakfast and lunch, a restricted at around 3:30pm, and then another just before bedtime). Yesterday, I only had 3 (two unrestricted and one restricted) because I was worried that I had eaten too many calories/carbs in my vegetables (I had a tomato in my salad). I also had regular salsa (2tbsp) because my WF was all out and I didn't realize it on time. So I thought by cutting out a packet for a day, I'd live. I never even thought about it until you mentioned it.

It's difficult not having a coach sometimes. Because of where I live (rural Canada) there are no clinics/coaches in the area, so I rely on these boards as a coach. This is definitely a question I'd have asked a coach :)

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks for replying. Interesting, because I have been using 4 packets a day (one for breakfast and lunch, a restricted at around 3:30pm, and then another just before bedtime). Yesterday, I only had 3 (two unrestricted and one restricted) because I was worried that I had eaten too many calories/carbs in my vegetables (I had a tomato in my salad). I also had regular salsa (2tbsp) because my WF was all out and I didn't realize it on time. So I thought by cutting out a packet for a day, I'd live. I never even thought about it until you mentioned it.

It's difficult not having a coach sometimes. Because of where I live (rural Canada) there are no clinics/coaches in the area, so I rely on these boards as a coach. This is definitely a question I'd have asked a coach :)
What you did was cut back protein because you thought you ate too many carbs. And you found out they weren't interchangeable.

I'm pretty careful with the occasional veggies & usually only eat them when I'm "out" if nothing else is available at the restaurant.

The extra salsa would have been fine for a one-time thing. Glad you found us! Lots of support in the daily chat and 100% thread!

65X65
03-23-2014, 04:46 PM
What you did was cut back protein because you thought you ate too many carbs. And you found out they weren't interchangeable.

I'm pretty careful with the occasional veggies & usually only eat them when I'm "out" if nothing else is available at the restaurant.

The extra salsa would have been fine for a one-time thing. Glad you found us! Lots of support in the daily chat and 100% thread!

Ditto Lisa...and if nothing else...an additional provoking thought, for the "naysayers"...

Circumventing the plan does not work long term ...for (most of) us hijacking things either with too much or too little of anything is going to mess the balance of things up metabolically. It's good not to be hungry on this plan...THAT is really not worth playing around with!!!! Good luck Mulse...Glad I popped in today and saw your question. We are at opposite ends of the journey...and although my situation would appear "quite different" from yours... the effect of not enough had the same affect for both of us.:dizzy:

Fearciuil
03-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Jeanne
Mine last night was popcorn with butter. When I got up, I had to check that the popcorn bowl was indeed in the cupboard and not the dishwasher! I'm not even that much of a popcorn eater!

lindalou
03-23-2014, 05:28 PM
My plan this weekend (other than helping at a swim-a-thon and bringing kids to skating practice for the ice show), is to become creative again with the packets! I've got lots of recipes on my blog that I'm going to make (definitely having goddess soup and flatbread). But I don't want to get bored. So if anyone has recipes that they want me to try and review, let me know!

Thanks for the recipes and the reviews! I found them very helpful. I also like to change things up because I get very bored!

lindalou
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM

Great job sunflwr816! The puppy is sure cute! Our puppy is 6 months old and still a lot of work, lol! :dizzy:

kontesanera
03-23-2014, 06:16 PM
I managed yet another gathering last night fairly unscathed. This was a fifth event that I had since starting IP. Went to cousins house for dinner, did not want to tell her anything about diet. I said that I cannot have alcohol because I am on antibiotics (oh well, did not want to explain why I am not having any wine) and gave up sweets for lent (lent is a good time for us that observe it to be on this diet). I had roasted chicken and salad, went slightly off plan and had some nuts, but no harm was done and scale was the same this morning as the day before. Visiting yet another set of friends next Saturday and I am sticking to the same excuse. By the time the dreaded May comes around (we have two events to attend each and every weekend for 6 weeks after Easter!) I will be a pro at this. LOL

Initially I found parties exhausting, they were such an exercise in will power, I am finding it easier as the time goes on. Seeing results so quickly is definitely keeping me motivated.

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Wish me luck, going out to eat... this should be interesting.

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Wish me luck, going out to eat... this should be interesting.
I hope it is just another meal you have pre-planned.

Vippysue
03-23-2014, 09:09 PM
I managed yet another gathering last night fairly unscathed. This was a fifth event that I had since starting IP. Went to cousins house for dinner, did not want to tell her anything about diet. I said that I cannot have alcohol because I am on antibiotics (oh well, did not want to explain why I am not having any wine) and gave up sweets for lent (lent is a good time for us that observe it to be on this diet). I had roasted chicken and salad, went slightly off plan and had some nuts, but no harm was done and scale was the same this morning as the day before. Visiting yet another set of friends next Saturday and I am sticking to the same excuse. By the time the dreaded May comes around (we have two events to attend each and every weekend for 6 weeks after Easter!) I will be a pro at this. LOL

Initially I found parties exhausting, they were such an exercise in will power, I am finding it easier as the time goes on. Seeing results so quickly is definitely keeping me motivated.

Congrats on your growing willpower!

Fearciuil
03-23-2014, 09:10 PM
2 NSVs tonight: I'm another hole tighter on my belt (that's the last hole on this belt, too!) and, when I thought to check the tag on my (never worn, but have been in my closet for ... I don't know; a year at least) jeans, they were one size smaller than what I've been wearing. They were a little tight, but less tight than my other size had been when I started IP (meaning, I could zip them up without having to fight with them.) ;)

dcs0826
03-23-2014, 10:11 PM
I go tomorrow for my consultation and to start IP. I have been reading the posts on this site for the past few weeks and feel prepared. I am so looking forward to starting this journey!

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 10:19 PM
2 NSVs tonight: I'm another hole tighter on my belt (that's the last hole on this belt, too!) and, when I thought to check the tag on my (never worn, but have been in my closet for ... I don't know; a year at least) jeans, they were one size smaller than what I've been wearing. They were a little tight, but less tight than my other size had been when I started IP (meaning, I could zip them up without having to fight with them.) ;)

Congrats to you!

I go tomorrow for my consultation and to start IP. I have been reading the posts on this site for the past few weeks and feel prepared. I am so looking forward to starting this journey!

Welcome! And congrats on getting started!

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Well made it through applebees, orders 7oz sirloin cooked with no oil or seasoning (although I'm not exactly sure that's what I got.) I had broccoli but I didn't eat it because it wasn't even cooked, just barely heated. I ordered a plain salad that ended up with croutons and cheese but I took both out, I probably looked hilarious shaking the cheese from my lettuce. Worst case scenario is that there was some oil on my steak I brought my own dressing. I think I did ok, I guess only time will tell. It was hard though, both my littlest daughters ordered really good food and of course the wings my boyfriend ordered smelled good. I think tomorrow I will have some buffalo chicken breast for dinner. Another success I do believe.

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Oh and we have a local restaurant here that has an IP menu (they worked with my coach to develop it, it's also a little cheaper than the regular menu). However they were closed.

JLUS
03-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Well made it through applebees, orders 7oz sirloin cooked with no oil or seasoning (although I'm not exactly sure that's what I got.) I had broccoli but I didn't eat it because it wasn't even cooked, just barely heated. I ordered a plain salad that ended up with croutons and cheese but I took both out, I probably looked hilarious shaking the cheese from my lettuce. Worst case scenario is that there was some oil on my steak I brought my own dressing. I think I did ok, I guess only time will tell. It was hard though, both my littlest daughters ordered really good food and of course the wings my boyfriend ordered smelled good. I think tomorrow I will have some buffalo chicken breast for dinner. Another success I do believe.

You did GREAT!! I just would have sent the broccoli back for more cooking. It's frustrating enough to pay a fair amount of money for not many veggies (most restaurant servings are small... I always request double veg since I am forgoing the starch.) It took me quite awhile to remember to ask what is on the salad and then tell them what to leave off and what to add more of! Once you get in that habit, it really helps make a better IP salad serving.

Awesome job!

schenectady
03-23-2014, 11:22 PM

Well done, Amber! It gets only easier the more often you do it because you become more comfortable with requesting what you need. You are more and more successful. Congrats.