General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-22-2014, 04:01 AM   #1  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Default Who are/were the 3 fat chicks?

Are they real or just a made up name? Whichever, it has to be said that they have put together a great forum. It has obviously grown substantially since the early days and extremely popular

Last edited by Dollydimple; 03-22-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

I never thought of that until I saw your question. So i googled it. This is what I found.

http://www.examiner.com/article/an-i...icks-on-a-diet
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #3  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

They were 3 sisters who went on a diet together. I think I remember seeing them on TV talk shows a long time ago.. the WWW was just a baby! Suzanne still posts around here occasionally. If you're out there, Hi! Suzanne!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

They certainly ARE real and I've met all three of them over the years.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #5  
Trying hard

Thank you everyone. The article was fascinating reading. Over here they would have surely had an honour: OBE or MBE. I wonder what they are doing now. The mind boggles doesn't it, just trying to imagine how many people they have helped since 1997
Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #6  
it's always something

AwShucks, Hi

I'm real, and so are my sisters Our history in a nutshell: I worked for an online service (Prodigy) back in the mid to late 90s when the net was new. I wanted to learn HTML so that that I would be able to understand what our customers were asking about, so I created a 'personal page' as they were called back then. I decided to use it to focus on our diet goals together, since we could each access it from our homes which were far apart. We never in our wildest dreams thought anyone would find it! I even promised one sister that no one would ever see it, which is the only reason she agreed to participate I came up with name after reading an article about 'two chicks on bikes' that were biking across the country to raise money for cancer awareness. Anyway, we were found We received hundreds of email every day from people that said they were just like us, so we created a forum for everyone to gather. At that time, there were just 3 other diet communities out there. Dotti's, the official WW forum, and Diet Talk. Now they are everywhere

Our site was acquired a few years ago by Internet Brands, at a time when our lives took different directions. I still post occasionally, although I'm not a regular here anymore.

Btw, I lost over 100 pounds and made dramatic improvements to my health through a diet plan that I devised for my own personal health goals.

Thanks for asking
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

It's good to know you're still around! I've been here on and off almost since the beginning (first user name long gone and attached to long-defunct email, I'm sure). This has been a great place for support and information over the years and I've made some wonderful online friends. Thanks!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 AM   #8  
Trying hard

Thanks Suzanne. It certainly took off didn't it!
It is very nice to meet you
Old 03-24-2014, 04:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 105kg/103kg/60kg

Height: 1.60m

Wow, so that's the story! I was wondering the same thing
JamieToo is offline   Reply With Quote