General chatter - Who are/were the 3 fat chicks?

View Full Version : Who are/were the 3 fat chicks?

Dollydimple
03-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Are they real or just a made up name? Whichever, it has to be said that they have put together a great forum. It has obviously grown substantially since the early days and extremely popular

RubyRed93
03-22-2014, 08:34 AM
I never thought of that until I saw your question. So i googled it. This is what I found.

http://www.examiner.com/article/an-interview-with-3-fat-chicks-on-a-diet

AwShucks
03-22-2014, 11:12 AM
They were 3 sisters who went on a diet together. I think I remember seeing them on TV talk shows a long time ago.. the WWW was just a baby! Suzanne still posts around here occasionally. If you're out there, Hi! Suzanne!

Ruthxxx
03-22-2014, 11:14 AM
They certainly ARE real and I've met all three of them over the years.

Dollydimple
03-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you everyone. The article was fascinating reading. Over here they would have surely had an honour: OBE or MBE. I wonder what they are doing now. The mind boggles doesn't it, just trying to imagine how many people they have helped since 1997

Suzanne 3FC
03-22-2014, 11:56 AM
AwShucks, Hi :lol:

I'm real, and so are my sisters :) Our history in a nutshell: I worked for an online service (Prodigy) back in the mid to late 90s when the net was new. I wanted to learn HTML so that that I would be able to understand what our customers were asking about, so I created a 'personal page' as they were called back then. I decided to use it to focus on our diet goals together, since we could each access it from our homes which were far apart. We never in our wildest dreams thought anyone would find it! I even promised one sister that no one would ever see it, which is the only reason she agreed to participate :lol: I came up with name after reading an article about 'two chicks on bikes' that were biking across the country to raise money for cancer awareness. Anyway, we were found :p We received hundreds of email every day from people that said they were just like us, so we created a forum for everyone to gather. At that time, there were just 3 other diet communities out there. Dotti's, the official WW forum, and Diet Talk. Now they are everywhere :spin:

Our site was acquired a few years ago by Internet Brands, at a time when our lives took different directions. I still post occasionally, although I'm not a regular here anymore.

Btw, I lost over 100 pounds and made dramatic improvements to my health through a diet plan that I devised for my own personal health goals.

Thanks for asking :)

TheSecondHalf
03-23-2014, 12:26 AM
It's good to know you're still around! I've been here on and off almost since the beginning (first user name long gone and attached to long-defunct email, I'm sure). This has been a great place for support and information over the years and I've made some wonderful online friends. Thanks!

Dollydimple
03-23-2014, 04:46 AM
Thanks Suzanne. It certainly took off didn't it!
It is very nice to meet you

JamieToo
03-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Wow, so that's the story! I was wondering the same thing :)