20-Somethings - ~*Bikini Ready 2014 Challenge!*~

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : ~*Bikini Ready 2014 Challenge!*~

Riestrella
03-20-2014, 02:13 AM
:hyper:Welcome to Riestrella's Bikini Ready Challenge 2014!! It's our 3rd Year!:hyper:

Hey you. Yeah, YOU! You’re awesome. I know, I know, I’m too kind. But check this out. You’re BEAUTIFUL too. Wait, whuu? You don’t think you are? THEN YOU ARE WRONG. Go listen to some Yonce and dance in the mirror like it’s 1999 and believe you are delicious! Otherwise we’re gonna have a problem here.

But, I know…sometimes when you’re a bit overweight you can feel a little pudgy and a bit like a sad panda. ESPECIALLY when the hot season is almost upon us (anyone else feel like saying “summer is coming” instead of “winter”?!) Not to worry though! You can do something about it! Amazing right? You have the ability to change your future and morph yourself into a delicious candy panda. Alright!

To help you along the way to bikini beautiful GLORY is another of my spreadsheet challenges! I started the amazing pyramid challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/291454-ries-weight-loss-pyramid-challenge.html)(which you should join hint hint nudge nudge) because I didn’t want to just focus on numbers, HOWEVER a lot of people have expressed that they were looking forward to another Bikini challenge so I figured, why not? So here it is!

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!

• You can join this challenge at any time!! Really really!
• ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~ (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnPOc0Ik0vsYdFVhWWhIeXdobHYtUU4wVHVyU0VrM EE&usp=sharing)
• Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
• LEAVE THE LBS TO LOSE, LBS LOST AND % OF WEIGHT LOSS COLUMNS ALONE! I WILL DEAL WITH THOSE!!
• Week by week enter your weight on any day you want Monday - Sunday.
• Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
• If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
• If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.

That's it!* Don't worry you sexy chocolate kitten, you don't have to be LITERALLY bikini ready by the summer, but this challenge is here for you to achieve results!! Enter your starting weights now and the challenge will begin on March 31st and will take us right into the first week of July.

*FAQ
• Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes! Just change the number in the Goal Weight column and the lbs to lose and lbs to go columns will sort themselves out. So no need to fiddle around with anything else BUT the Goal Weight value.
• There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.

:carrot::cb:Let's DO THIS!!:cb::carrot:

Rated
03-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks for starting this up again. I love "number" challenges to keep me motivated.

Hoopty
03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Whoop whoop, I'm in as well! Thanks for starting this Riestrella :)

kaybee1
03-20-2014, 06:05 PM
woo hoo!! first time joining one of these challenges (i'm pretty new around here) and looking forward to it! I don't think i'll be ready for bikinis but i'm looking forward to a sexy marilyn monroe-style one piece!

Marniadec
03-20-2014, 06:28 PM
I joined your last challenge and I dropped out when my brother died. I hope I can stick with this one. I started losing weight on May 30th of 2010 and I want to lose as much weight as possible before my 4 year anniversary. I will say right now, though, that I'm not good with personals because, although I don't think my english is that bad, writing in it takes too long sometimes.

DrivenByAmbition
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Starting at 182.5... :) Let's do this.

nonameslob
03-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Woo, I'm in! I'll fill this out tomorrow since that's my weekly weigh in. I can't wait to look better in shorts and tanks this summer (maybe not a bikini...lol)!

amandie
03-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm in!!! Hopefully this time, I can actually go all the way and COMPLETE the challenge! Thanks so much again for setting this up.

So excited.

Hotaruchan
03-20-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a wedding to go to June 20th and a gorgeous Modcloth dress that looks awesome in all but a couple of places. Time to get back on 3FC and Jeebus knows I can't resist a Rie spreadsheet challenge...

skittlesfirehawk
03-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Joining again after an over 10lb Regain

MrsDeenz
03-20-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm in! :D

Dottington
03-21-2014, 01:44 PM
I joined, I'm super excited bc I've never done the bikini challenge(was always too afraid lol). I'd really like to lose 10lbs, but put in 7.5 bc that seems more realistic.

themilesawaygirl
03-21-2014, 02:24 PM
I WILL complete this one!

kisskiss
03-21-2014, 03:11 PM
My hectic life has slowed down a little, so I'm in :D

want too look my best this summer, may be I can finally see the 120s. Good luck everyone!

lucrezia
03-23-2014, 12:59 AM
I'm new to here, but I'm in!! I'm aiming for my goal of 155 by Week 6, but reaching 150 (healthy weight!) by July would be pretty fantastic.

I should warn you guys: I will not be able to update my weight between May 6-22 since I'll be backpacking. I'll be back on board once I come back. :)

183StGB
03-23-2014, 01:16 AM
thanks for doing this! I'm in! Attempting to reach my overall goal of 153lbs. so I'm going for a loss of 16lbs!
Let's do this :)

Lylitu
03-23-2014, 03:05 AM
I'm in! This will be a great motivation for me over the next few months.

P.S. I'm quite bloated right now so I expect a bit of a quick jump over the next week.

Pattience
03-23-2014, 03:49 AM
Ok, its probably not cool to crash in on the 20 somethings when you are over 50, as I am, so do you mind if i borrow your infectious idea and create an over 30s version?

Do i have to do anything else to keep it working. I don't really want to do any laborious figuring too much. How does that end of it work.
… Oh i had a look at the spreadsheet, can you help me set one up. I think it looks good. I love your idea.

Thanks and good luck to all of you. I know you are all heading straight for extreme gorgeousness.

amandie
03-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Pattience- It can be a lot of work to set up a spreadsheet and to keep up if you don't know how to input formulas and etc. Do you have much experience with google docs and functions/formulas? Google docs is a bit different from Excel since doogle docs does not have all of the functions that Excel has so you'd have to go about some things a bit differently formula-wise. I can give you a link with a brand new spreadsheet complete with formulas, you just have to be sure not to muck with the last 3 columns on the right but there is revision history under the File tab if needed be.

Pattience
03-23-2014, 07:29 PM
hmmm thanks Amandie,

I don't know i think it sounds like too much farting about. I don't think i'm that committed after all. But it doesn't matter. YOu guys have fun.

themilesawaygirl
03-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Pattience Join in with us! Leave the farting about to Rie (she's excellent at it) and you only need to be committed to your own goals.

I know this is in the 20-somethings thread but it's open to everyone! :)

Pattience
03-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Ok, I will thanks, lemme go check what i have to do.

Ok i've done it. Anyone who gets into a bikini can post a picture right? Or not? I have to put on a two piece next monday. Alas i bought it in a hurry and didn't try it on. I like it except that the bra bits are wrong and its too late to take it back because i took all the tags and bits off. I thought i was going this Wednesday but had to postpone it. I'm going to the reef for the first time in many years! So i'm excited and hope its not going to rain like it is right now.

amandie
03-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Oh yes, Pattience, absolutely join us! As for the picture, it's up to you, if you want, you can. :) The reef sounds like fun. :crossed: for beautiful weather when you go.

So excited for this challenge!

angelicus
03-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Back on this site for the first time in a long long time and his chalenge looks good. Just added my name onto the spreadsheet, with the aim of losing 20 lbs by the beginning of July. We will see how I do amongst exam stress and easter! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

levoguette
03-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Excited to join the challenge! I normally weigh in on Fridays or Saturdays. Hopefully this will motivate me to eat better the rest of the semester and keep on track! :)

amandie
03-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Welcome to all newcomers!

Just a friendly reminder to all as per Rie's first post (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4966944-post1.html)- please do not edit or input any info on the last 3 columns on the right (blue, pinkish, and yellow columns with the Lbs to Lose, Lbs Lost and % Weight Loss in the heading above each column respectively) since there are formulas in there. All you have to do is input your weight each week, that's it. It will auto-calculate what you have left to lose, etc for the last 3 columns on the right.

I've already went in and fixed it so no worries. :)

Have a great day, all!

amandie
03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
LOL, I sure hope I didn't kill the thread.

nonameslob
03-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Edit: I answered my own question lol

angelicus
03-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Just had a yummy pasta for dinner, thinking it was pretty healthy and then I looked up olive oil and realised that 1 tbsp has 118 calories - grrr ... all in all, it was still a pretty healthy dish - brown pasta, tomatoes, garlic but I was so taken aback when I looked up (after eating!) how many calories and how much fat was in my 1 tbsp of oil. I feel like its marketed a being quite healthy as well...?

Anyone else been taken by surprise at the amount of calories in something they thought was quite healthy?

amandie
03-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Angelicus- Olive oil has good fat like avocado and coconut oil. Fat in fruit/veggie oils are good, supposedly healthier than animal fat, something about the fat in animal and fruit/veggie oils process differently in our bodies.

For pasta, I only need 1 to 1 1/2 TSP of oil and mix it with some (chicken) broth then coat the pasta in the broth/oil mixture. Your dinner was healthy and sounds yummy, BTW! ;)

When I first started out, I was surprised at the amount of calories in most pastas so I've since then cut back and have 1 oz of pasta and bulk it up with veggies like zoodles (zucchini noodles).

Same goes for many nut butters. I try to stretch it out by having 1/4 cup of yogurt and putting in 1 TBSP of nut butters.

PostWeddingsmallsize
03-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Awesome I just made a commitment to hit a personal goal by Sept on my blog and did my first work out today. This will help me stay accountable. Thank you so much for posting this.

levoguette
03-25-2014, 04:21 PM
When I first started out, I was surprised at the amount of calories in most pastas so I've since then cut back and have 1 oz of pasta and bulk it up with veggies like zoodles (zucchini noodles).

Same goes for many nut butters. I try to stretch it out by having 1/4 cup of yogurt and putting in 1 TBSP of nut butters.

THIS is such a great idea! I also have tried to cut back on carbs that come from grains, so I really like the idea of combining zucchini noodles with regular pasta! I'll have to try that! :)

I sometimes become impatient or worried about my eating and don't always wait until my weigh in day before weighing myself to make sure I'm on track. So I weighed in today and was at 216.7. Fingers crossed that it sticks/drops down even more for Friday. :D

nonameslob
03-25-2014, 04:41 PM
angelicus, I have slowly been learning these things as well. It's shocking!

Broth is your friend! I use it for EVERYTHING now. Instead of sauteing spinach in oil, I put a small amount of chicken broth in the pan instead. Sames goes for pretty much anything else. And I like amandie's suggestion of oil + chicken broth for pasta. I also started baking a lot of things that I otherwise might have sauteed. My toaster oven is my new bff!

I've also cut down on pasta A LOT. Spaghetti squash, zucchini, other veggies can be really yummy as a quasi-replacement or to bulk it up like amandie suggested.

And for salad dressings, I still like oil-based dressings, I just water them down (literally) to cut back on how much oil I use.

angelicus
03-25-2014, 05:17 PM
amandie and nonameslob - I would never have thought of using broth at all. I will definitely give it a go. I normally have quite tomatoe-y based pasta sauces but I was in the mood for something more mediterranean style, hence the olive oil. I imagine by using a broth you get a lot of extra flavour as well. How do you make zoodles etc? Any good recipes to share?

levoguette - I'm the same. I often end up weighing myself every day, although I give myself the whole week to see if the weight loss (or gain :( ) sticks. I'm not sure whether I should be weighing myself every day though! Its just so tempting when I'm in the bathroom...

I also love baking (and coking in general) and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of healthy things to make. I'm thinking of trying to make different bread varieties when the baking mood strikes me rather than something sweet and tempting. Any other suggestions?

amandie
03-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Angelicus- No real recipes to share, sorry. I use the zoodles in place of any pasta dish I make like alfredo, spaghetti, and stir-fries. I've also made cauli-rice also by grating cauliflower (using a generic grater) into small pieces then lightly cooking so it still has some "crunch", like rice, sort of. Oh yea, I use a julienne peeler for the "zoodles" but you could use any peeler, mandolins or a spirializer (sp?) if you have it. It just would be in different shapes, that's all. Lightly cook them since you still want some bite to them.

One more thing... if you like lasagna, is to cut zucchini lengthwise into about 1/4 inch thick to replace the lasagna noodles. I'd recommend salting the zucchini and letting the water out first since it can make for a watery lasagna, still delicious nonetheless (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/179746-zucchini-spinach-lasagne-look-ma-no-noodles.html). I've linked you a recipe from here, so delicious!

themilesawaygirl
03-26-2014, 07:27 AM
I've used leeks before too in place of pasta for a healthier lasagne. Sliced lengthways and un-rolled into sheets, flash boiled until soft and dried on a tea-towel. It worked really well and tasted great!

Amandie - zoodles and caulirice are great! I must remember to make them more often. I'm sort of heading towards a paleo diet and bulking up meals can be quite tricky, remembering I can add more veg like this is useful.

levoguette
03-26-2014, 10:20 AM
levoguette - I'm the same. I often end up weighing myself every day, although I give myself the whole week to see if the weight loss (or gain :( ) sticks. I'm not sure whether I should be weighing myself every day though! Its just so tempting when I'm in the bathroom...

I also love baking (and coking in general) and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of healthy things to make. I'm thinking of trying to make different bread varieties when the baking mood strikes me rather than something sweet and tempting. Any other suggestions?

Ive been told by many many people I shouldn't weigh every day, but I personally think when you are trying to figure out your diet it can help a lot. You can kind of monitor what makes you bloat more or less. (I started noticing on days I ate white wheat, I have an increase of 1-2lbs the next day, which then helped me to better access what works for my body and what doesn't.)
Just don't let a gain one day get you in a rut or anything like that!

I dont have any specific recommendations but I LOVE pinterest for finding healthy recipes!
If you haven't used it before, it's basically like having an online bulletin board where you can "pin" things to. You can search for other member's boards that have made boards for recipes for special dietary needs and then you can make a board dedicated to recipes you might want to try.
I also like recommending Taralynn's blog. I think it was called undressedskeleton, although she may have gotten a new website recently. I've mostly been following her on instagram lately, used to follow her blog. She seems to have really good ideas for baking and cooking healthy and I remember she used to have a long list of recipes on her blog!

skittlesfirehawk
03-26-2014, 10:44 AM
That sounds like a good idea the only thing that would worry me is the broth is loaded with sodium.

angelicus, I have slowly been learning these things as well. It's shocking!

Broth is your friend! I use it for EVERYTHING now. Instead of sauteing spinach in oil, I put a small amount of chicken broth in the pan instead. Sames goes for pretty much anything else. And I like amandie's suggestion of oil + chicken broth for pasta. I also started baking a lot of things that I otherwise might have sauteed. My toaster oven is my new bff!

I've also cut down on pasta A LOT. Spaghetti squash, zucchini, other veggies can be really yummy as a quasi-replacement or to bulk it up like amandie suggested.

And for salad dressings, I still like oil-based dressings, I just water them down (literally) to cut back on how much oil I use.

amandie
03-26-2014, 10:47 AM
That sounds like a good idea the only thing that would worry me is the broth is loaded with sodium.

They have low sodium and sodium free broth in the stores or you could always make your own. :)

amandie
03-26-2014, 10:50 AM
I've used leeks before too in place of pasta for a healthier lasagne. Sliced lengthways and un-rolled into sheets, flash boiled until soft and dried on a tea-towel. It worked really well and tasted great!

Amandie - zoodles and caulirice are great! I must remember to make them more often. I'm sort of heading towards a paleo diet and bulking up meals can be quite tricky, remembering I can add more veg like this is useful.

I will have to try the leeks in a lasagna/lasagne. I have also tried cabbage, same method as yours re: flash boiling/blanching then dried with a towel. Pretty good also. Good luck with your WOE. :)

nonameslob
03-26-2014, 10:50 AM
skittles, I use the Better than Bouillon Lower Sodium Chicken Base when I am only needing a small amount of chicken broth (we're talking like a 1/4 cup for a recipe), which for the small amount of broth isn't much sodium. I also make my own chicken broth often and don't add any salt.

I actually just saw that Swanson sells an unsalted chicken stock that's only 130mg for a cup, which is super low. So there's definitely options that would ease your concerns!

---

Loving these recipe ideas! Just wish I could get the bf more into veggies. I am going to have to start sneaking them into food with purees. Does anyone have any experience with this and any suggestions?

kisskiss
03-26-2014, 11:03 AM
ditto nonameslob, I'm loving all these recipe ideas! yum I feel like I need to make me some zoodles now! I never realized that was possible...and using broth instead of oil is something I will need to try as well :D

is anyone planning on taking before bikini photos? I know someone mentioned it earlier (Patience, I think).... I won't ever be comfortable in a bikini as I have way too many stretchies on my tummy, but I do want to look better in my cute board shorts/bathing suit. might have to take some befores tonight.

nonameslob
03-26-2014, 11:05 AM
No bikini for me but I like the idea of taking some before pictures in my current swimsuits. Not sure if I'll share here, but I'll take some pics tonight. Good idea!

themilesawaygirl
03-26-2014, 11:47 AM
I'll post a before photo. I'm trying to keep a regular photo diary to judge whether I'm changing shape as opposed to losing weight, but that's in my sports bra and shorts. Think I might dig out the bikini if I'm sharing it publicly!

skittlesfirehawk
03-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Well I lost 1lb one to go before Sunday

skittlesfirehawk
03-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Nonameslob how do you make your own?

angelicus
03-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Skittlesfirehawk - Well done on loosing that 1lb :D

levoguette - Thats really interesting that you notice such a big change in the scales after eating certain foods. I'm just starting out, so maybe I will start to write down my weight and food. Although I have never been great at keeping a food diary. Thanks for the rec of taralyn's blog, it looks really good. Also, I adore pinterest. I'm quite a crafty person, so I'm always pinning things I want to make. I do have a recipe board but its kind of a miss mash of everything (ie. unhealthy) .....Actually...oooh....I might start a bikini challenge pinterest board.

I'm not sure I quite have it in me to take bikini photos (scratch that, I've never owned a bikini in my life, I definitely don't have it in me) but I might just take some normal pics.

I had a pretty unhealthy day today. Very healthy salad based lunch and then I went to a bring and share dinner at my local church tonight - bread and cheese and cake, yummy but not what the doctor ordered! Ah well, I'm planning to make a batch of soup tomorrow.

Riestrella
03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
WOW! So great to see so many of you signing up for this challenge! Huge shout out to amandie for being a super star and helping me with the spreadsheet this year. She be an excel wizard I tell ye!

So a little bit about me and where I'm at right now. Please feel free to introduce yourselves and tell us your goals for this challenge!

I'm 24 years old, but I'll be 25 in a few weeks. I really don't want to spend the rest of my twenties overweight and unhappy.
I live in Japan and have been an English teacher for the past year and a half. I was suddenly fired for complete BS reasons at the end of January. I left at the end of February with my head held high knowing I was a great teacher, loved by kids, parents and staff. Currently I'm not looking for other work, I intended on leaving Japan regardless in September so I'm spending the time finding out what makes me happy.
I'm currently 165 lbs (ish, haven't weighed in a while!). However before I came to Japan I managed to reach 149 lbs (the lightest I've ever been in adult life). Having gained back all that weight has been the source of great disappointment that I've worked hard to overcome. I still get twangs of annoyance at myself, but ultimately I'm working hard to recapture the routine I was in when I got to 149 lbs and head straight to my goal weight of 130 lbs. Slowly but surely!
I'm not a big dieter and I struggle when I'm eating out/snacking here and there with other people. So I need to learn to slow down when I eat out and not just go crazy just because I'm out with friends!
Exercise wise I'm getting back into running, one of my passions! I've done 3 10K races, one in December 2013 that I actually did surprisingly well in considering I didn't train very hard. I'm going back to basics and doing a 5K training program just to ease myself back into the game and gain my confidence.
For this challenge I want to lose 15 lbs for the 15 weeks this challenge runs. I like losing weight slowly so 1 lb a week is a challenging goal. I've never actually reached my goal in any of my challenges (despite running them!) so I want to make sure this year I can get into the top 5!
I want to lose weight to feel confident in my body, to feel like I can put on jeans and a t-shirt and still feel sexy. I've never been thin, I've always been overweight (got a tiny taste of being a normal BMI at 149 lbs but that went away!) so I want to stop making excuses and wasting time being unhappy with my body and make the change to be healthier and happier!

That's it from me! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

nonameslob
03-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Nonameslob how do you make your own?

I follow this method: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/01/24/recipe-overnight-chicken-stock-in-the-crock-pot/

I roast a chicken in my crock pot, and then throw all the bones back into the pot with the remaining liquid, add scraps of onions, carrots, whatever other veggies I like (I keep my scraps in a bag in the freezer) and let the crock pot go overnight. There's tons of different methods for making broth and stock, but I like this because it's essentially free :) Strain the broth when done, refrigerate it and then scoop out the fat on top. Done!

---

I forgot to take my pictures last night! Hopefully tonight I can do it. I think it will be awesome to see the change over time, and hopefully by July I will need a new swimsuit :) - in fact, if I meet my goal, that will be my way to congratulate myself.

I am aiming for 15 pounds as well, about one pound a week. If I make this challenge, I'll only have 13 pounds left to lose by the end of the year to meet my annual goal! It's just a drop in the bucket of my total weight left to lose, but I am looking forward to having this challenge to encourage me.

If I get to my goal weight for this challenge, I'll be at my lowest weight in...gosh, at LEAST 6+ years!

Also, this summer we have a trip to Colorado planned and we'll be doing a lot of hiking in the Rockies. So weight loss + fitness are really important over the next few months for me, so that I'll be in optimal shape for this trip.

Thanks for this thread! Looking forward to putting my first week's weigh-in in the spreadsheet!!!

skittlesfirehawk
03-27-2014, 02:41 PM
angelicus thank you very much im happy to say this morning im at 168 so im now offically back to where i started.
nonameslob thank you.Im excited to cook i got a kitchen aid mixer for xmas and a food processor.

levoguette
03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
levoguette - Thats really interesting that you notice such a big change in the scales after eating certain foods. I'm just starting out, so maybe I will start to write down my weight and food. Although I have never been great at keeping a food diary. Thanks for the rec of taralyn's blog, it looks really good. Also, I adore pinterest. I'm quite a crafty person, so I'm always pinning things I want to make. I do have a recipe board but its kind of a miss mash of everything (ie. unhealthy) .....Actually...oooh....I might start a bikini challenge pinterest board.

Oh my goodness, a bikini challenge pin board would be so much fun! Actually what could make it even more fun was if we could make a group bikini challenge board that we could pin recipes and exercises to! Not sure how that would totally work out, since I know a lot of people prefer to stay semi-anonymous on this site (me included - that's why I have a separate pinterest account made for weight loss things aside from the one all my facebook friends and relatives can see :D....) and not sure if there's a limit to the amount of pinners we can add to one board, but it's still a fun thought!

Daily weighing helped me figure out those sort of foods that completely stall or make me gain despite staying on budget calorie-wise. My body just holds onto wheat carbs like crazy! On days I go gluten free I see a drop. Everyone is different! It's just a matter of experimenting and see what works best for you. I didn't figure it out until about maybe 3-4 months into my weight loss.

I'm so excited for this challenge and feel so motivated again for the first time in months, that I even made a ticker to keep track of my bikini challenge progress! :woohoo:

eryn s
03-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to join in with this challenge. I was doing so well with my weight loss in January and February but March has just gone so off track - I'm hoping this will help keep me accountable. I'm aiming for a 14 lb loss to get me down to 120lbs, I think a pound a week should be easily achievable for me if I behave!

angelicus
03-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Oh my goodness, a bikini challenge pin board would be so much fun! Actually what could make it even more fun was if we could make a group bikini challenge board that we could pin recipes and exercises to! Not sure how that would totally work out, since I know a lot of people prefer to stay semi-anonymous on this site (me included - that's why I have a separate pinterest account made for weight loss things aside from the one all my facebook friends and relatives can see :D....) and not sure if there's a limit to the amount of pinners we can add to one board, but it's still a fun thought!

I think thats such a good idea. I did create a bikini thing on my own pinterest (although I did have a mini, damn all my friends can see this now moment) but I think the privacy thing is a good point, so I made a new pinterest just for this here (Okay, apparently I need one more post to put in a link, I will put the link in a post below) If people are happy just give me your pinterest names and I can add you so that everyone can edit the board. Either way, I think it will definitely help to keep me motivated.

I made another soup today for lunch, carrot, lentils and potatoes - a very yummy thick soup, although kind of winter-y feeling. I'm loving being able to cook. That is one thing about me - I'm a a first year uni student in the UK and I'm living in catered halls. I'm back home for five weeks so I can be a lot more choose-y about what I eat. However, come the beginning of May I will be back in halls - so I will have to get all of your advice and become a bit inventive with staying on track. I'm just starting out on a diet (although I feel like I've been on and off dieting throughout my teens) and I want to lose 20lbs by the end of this challenge. I also think I might set myself mini challenges every week to keep myself trying different things.

angelicus
03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
I think thats such a good idea. I did create a bikini thing on my own pinterest (although I did have a mini, damn all my friends can see this now moment) but I think the privacy thing is a good point, so I made a new pinterest just for this here (Okay, apparently I need one more post to put in a link, I will put the link in a post below) If people are happy just give me your pinterest names and I can add you so that everyone can edit the board. Either way, I think it will definitely help to keep me motivated.

And now here is the pinterest link: http://gb.pinterest.com/hannahmpeat/3fatchicks-bikini-diet-2014/ Just send me your pinterest names (if you want) and I can add you :)

nonameslob
03-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Question - I'm using my Friday weigh-ins since that is my typical weigh-in rather than Mondays...would it be okay if I put my numbers in for 3/31 (technically today)? I'm being impatient because I'm really excited about my loss this week I guess lol!

And I finally took my "before" swimsuit pictures! Can't wait to get to the after :D

Riestrella
03-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Question - I'm using my Friday weigh-ins since that is my typical weigh-in rather than Mondays...would it be okay if I put my numbers in for 3/31 (technically today)? I'm being impatient because I'm really excited about my loss this week I guess lol!

And I finally took my "before" swimsuit pictures! Can't wait to get to the after :D

Sorry, just wait a little while longer! Weigh ins for the week should be between 31st - 6th for week 1. Feel free to change your starting weight though.

nonameslob
03-28-2014, 09:28 AM
I used my 3/21 weigh in as my starting weight. I guess I'll just bump everything behind a week then.

cassiellynn
03-28-2014, 11:54 AM
I put my name in. not sure how well i will do but its all about what i lose so as long as i lose something i'll be ok. hopefully this will keep me motivated.

BlueFlick
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM
No way I'll be in a bikini but perhaps I'll lose a bit anyway!

kailpea
03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Well there is no way I am going to be bikini ready anytime soon (probably never) but I joined anyway because we're taking a trip to San Diego for my brother-in-law's wedding and I plan on spending a few days on the beaches. Right now, I feel super gross in my current suit that I used to feel pretty damn good in back when I was 230ish. So that's my goal. And I wouldn't mind getting one of those super cute vintage looking one pieces!

PostWeddingsmallsize
03-28-2014, 02:21 PM
nonameslob best of luck with that! That altitude is a killer.

Finished the month with a loss and trying to keep that up by joining this challenge.

Full disclosure: I already wear a bikini just in the dead of night at the 24 hour fitness when no one else is there... Hoping I look better in it by the end of this challenge. :)

skittlesfirehawk
03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
as a present to myself ill be buying a chainmail bikini top once ive lost and kept it off

Lylitu
03-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Today is day 5 of working out in a row, been a long time since I've done that. Eating has progressively been getting better, I just have to stay on top of my portions.

I'm super motivated to get some of this weight off and start moving forward positively. Good luck everyone on your goals this week!

Hoopty
03-29-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm weighing-in tomorrow to determine my starting weight for this challenge. However, I've been sick with the flu and not eating very much. But I somehow started having the biggest cravings for toast today! So hopefully this is the sign that my body is fighting to get 100% healthy.

With this challenge I would like to get back into the 130s and say bye-bye to the 140s for good.

Good luck everyone!!

Riestrella
03-31-2014, 07:09 AM
The challenge is a-go!! It's great to see people weigh in already! Good luck this week! What's your plan to lose weight for the summer?

skittlesfirehawk
03-31-2014, 11:30 AM
My plan is to eat healthy more than not and stick to it.

angelicus
03-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Postweddingsmalsize - congrats on your weight loss this month - you must be really pleased :) Maybe by the end of this challenge you won't just wear your bikini in the dead of night.

skittlesfirehawk - I like the idea of treating yourself to a bikini. I might do the same thing, although it will be more likely at the end of the challenge next year than any time soon!

Hoopty - Good luck with your goals. I'm sure you'll meet some of your sigs mini goals during the challenge.

Lylitu - Wow! Thats very impressive. I'm just focusing on food at the moment. I really should start exercising but *groans*

I've just weighed in with a 3lb loss so I'm pretty escited. I had lost a bit more on friday but I was on a course about being involved with activist work and staying at a place with great food. I definitely ate less than I normally would but I still gave in and had desserts. Before, I would have just allowed myself an unlimited supply of the cakes and puddings and goodies on offer but I managed to hold back a bit - now I just need to get to a point where I can say no thanks without dwelling on it for ages.

Anyway, onwards and downwards to success. Good luck everyone :D

Dottington
03-31-2014, 12:51 PM
My plan is to stick to around 1200-1300 net calories, exercise 3+/week doing strength training and cardio. Once school is out I'll be able to get in lots of exercise! Only 3 more weeks :D

Angelicus-Great job on the loss and staying on plan :)

Lylitu-Great work with the exercise!

Hoopty-Hope you're feeling better! We'll both get into the 130's and say goodbye to all these 140's soon!

Rie-Yay! So excited for this challenge :carrot:

Skittlesfirehawk-I like the idea of buying a new suit as a reward! I might do that too :)

MrsDeenz
03-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Mine is to stop sabotaging myself. Every time I lose a few lbs I get excited and decide to celebrate with junk food. Big no-no..

angelicus
03-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Dottington - Thanks :) Do you have a specific training plan that you follow or do you mix it up a bit?

MrsDeenz - Oh God! I am exactly the same. I make really good food choices a lot of the time and then will nibble like there is no tomorrow or do silly things like scrape the bowl when my mums made a cake. We shall have to be partners in facing down the big bad self sabotage wolf!

kisskiss
04-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Dottington:

Good plan! That's my plan, too. I don't go on vacation for about 6 weeks, but when I do I'm planning on going hardcore exercising by then.

MrsDeenz:
ugh, me too. I think that's why I've stalled here. I am eating a lot more junk food that I used to. No bueno. I'm going to really try to eat healthier snacks.

skittlesfirehawk
04-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm just so excited for clothes to feel loose

Pattience
04-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I completely forgot to post this week.

sherry6725
04-01-2014, 12:46 PM
It ain't ever gonna be a bikini...but I'm in!

Dottington
04-01-2014, 12:48 PM
MrsDeenz-I really hope you're able to tackle the self sabotaging! I do the same kind of sabotage whenever I plateau or stall.

Angelicus-I'm just doing basic strength training type exercises 2x per week and then I go hiking at least once a week.

kisskiss-breaks are the best for exercising aren't they? ;) You really like hiking too, right? Do you have any good hikes planned?

skittlesfirehawk-keep working hard and they will! But then it does get annoying having to buy new clothes as you loose :p

sherry-Welcome!

kailpea
04-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Mrs Deenz You just described me. Last night, I don't know what I was thinking, but afterwork I went to Sonic got a chicken sandwich, sweet potato tots, and a medium Coconut Cream Pie shake. I paid for it today, let me tell you. I'm already bloating and weighing heavy because of TOM, but I stepped on the scale and was 2 lbs heavier even. Ahhh! It had been so long since I had fast food, I don't know why I couldn't have just said no. Needless, to say. . . I will not be making today my official weigh-in day. Lol.

LilDazed
04-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Mrs Deenz You just described me. Last night, I don't know what I was thinking, but afterwork I went to Sonic got a chicken sandwich, sweet potato tots, and a medium Coconut Cream Pie shake. I paid for it today, let me tell you. I'm already bloating and weighing heavy because of TOM, but I stepped on the scale and was 2 lbs heavier even. Ahhh! It had been so long since I had fast food, I don't know why I couldn't have just said no. Needless, to say. . . I will not be making today my official weigh-in day. Lol.

You went to Sonic too?! Agh, so did I. And I feel bloated as ever. :/ Freakin' temptation.

MrsDeenz
04-01-2014, 05:46 PM
I got my behind handed to me last night/today. "Celebrated" with some McDonald's and either got food poisoning or a stomach virus. Either way, won't be craving a Big Mac again anytime soon.. :(

I am kind of glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with the self-sabotage. I guess it's normal? haha

Marniadec
04-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Oh, I've been effing up, too! I've been eating too much for the last two days. I also just realized that I haven't had fast food in over a month, so I'm starting to get cravings for it. :p I'm just trying to hang in there... I only have 16.5 lbs left!

Dottington
04-02-2014, 10:21 AM
kailpea-don't worry, everyone slips up now and again and the bloating will be gone in a couple of days.

Lildazed-get right back on plan and the bloat will be gone by next weigh in!

MrsDeenz-Oh no! :( I hope you're feeling better!

Marniadec-If you're really craving fast food maybe you could work it into your calorie allowance/food plan for one day? Or maybe compromise and just have a couple bites of something? That's exciting that you're so close to goal!

I'm slowly adjusting to my new lower calorie amount. I've realized that 1200-1300 net is my perfect spot for losing weight. I'm definitely not perfect with it yet, but at least its getting easier! Was good and did my strength training last night :D

Riestrella
04-02-2014, 10:43 AM
What's all this talk of Sonic, of all places?! I went there once when I was in America and I thought it was a new low to fast food! I got such a bad stomach ache afterwards! There's a fast food chain in Colorado called Good Times...my god. I would go there so often. Discovered a few years later what I ate in one sitting was literally 1500 calories. I was so shocked!!

Like MrsD was saying - I, too, like most I discovered after posting up a poll some time ago, am a treater. What's that? I lost a pound? Oh, then I deserve some pizza! WRONG! This sounds harsh but I read somewhere "You're not a dog. So don't treat yourself with food for a job well done." It really stuck with me!

But I'm here to hold up my hand and say I've been sucking on the eating front this past week. I think I'm not eating enough in the day. I'm staying at my boyfriends house and he doesn't have the usual healthy snacks that I usually do so I've resorted to junk food snacking. It's so bad! But the boyfriend has his "black hole period" where it hits like 9pm and he's hungry for everything. So he'll go out and buy cr@p and I inevitably get in on it too...but it's completely my fault. I shouldn't ride on the coat tail of my bf's bad habits.

I diiiiid go on a run today though. 2 miles! Managed to keep my pace below 11 minute/mile too, but I felt very sluggish. The weather is beautiful and in Japan it's hanami season (the iconic cherry blossom trees are in bloom) and there are SO MANY PEOPLE in the park I run around. I get so annoyed!! I'm trying to run and I have kids running under my feet and people who just keep veering around not knowing which side of the path they want to walk on. But I managed to find a quiet spot to run around for a while before the end.

-------

angelicus - Wow, amazing on the 3 lb loss! And huge props on resisting on the cake/dessert binge. Bravo!

angelicus
04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
After doing so well I've been on a binge and put back on 2lbs. Just goes to show. Sigh. Anyway, a wee kick up the backside about how easy it is to slide back. Seems like a lot of us are struggling with that this week!

kailpea
04-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Riestrella, it was the freaking shake that got me. Normally I agree, I don't care for sonic but I was there, wanted a shake, and felt hungry for actual food. Later when I told my husband that I had binged at sonic, I was like, "Next time I binge, I'm going to at least binge on something good!"

skittlesfirehawk
04-02-2014, 11:27 AM
I've been doing good.I had pasta with meat sauce on Monday but I'm sticking to it

nonameslob
04-02-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one satisfying some naughty cravings this week. :/

I also started a strength training routine so I'm not anticipating much of a loss, if any, this week, but we'll see. Glad I take measurements, too. Hopefully those will go down!

kisskiss
04-02-2014, 04:24 PM
ugh just succumbed to the awesome food trucks near my work :(
I had shrimp tacos. I didn't eat the flour tortillas...that makes it better, right?
marniadec: Good job on no fast food for a month. If I get fast food, I try to get the lowest calorie option (while still be fulfilling). or, I'll get something small that I allowed myself to cheat with that day.

I am somehow up 4 pounds (yikes!!) from like two days ago. I think it's bc I just started my period. Still, I'm never up that much :(

Dottington: I LOVE to hike. I go to the same spots, I just rotate them. Last summer I was doing them at least 4 times a week. Now, they're mostly done on the weekends. Can't wait for summer break to start up again.

Hoopty
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Guys, hang in there! It's just the beginning of the challenge, we got so many more weeks to go, so no reason to worry :)

My plan is to eat clean 90% of the time and to watch my carb intake. Also, I plan on having one cheat meal on Saturdays. As far as exercise goes - DH and I usually go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. I run ~5 kilometers (HIIT) every time and I do strength training.

I finally got over this stupid flu though I'm still dealing with this cat-purring-sound in my chest. You know when you wanna cough but nothing comes out? Like it's stuck in there. Ew that sounded gross..lol. Anyways, that's still there, and it bothered the sh!t outta me on the treadmill today. I'm feeling so much better though! I've been craving carbs like crazy which I'm blaming on the fact that 1) I barely ate when I was sick and 2) I got 4 birth control pills left which means it's PMS-week. However, I'm not going over my calories and that's what matters.

I'm not expecting a loss this week since I just started going back to the gym today and again - it's PMS-water-retention-week. But I'll be taking my measurements!

Dottington - I've tried to stay within 1200-1300 before and I'm not gonna lie, it was kinda hard for me. How do you do it? Especially with all the hiking (and strength training) you do, which I find awesome by the way! I've always wanted to go hiking but there are just no spots here where I live :rolleyes:

nonameslob - I hear you! Strength training is a pain in the arsee when it comes to weighing. Good thing you take down measurements! :)

Riestrella - Why don't you guys go and get some healthy snacks for his place? For you, at least. Not sure he's gonna wanna eat any of it :P

Lylitu
04-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Sorry for the lack of personals, I'm on mobile ATM and have been out of town. I too am guilty of self sabotage and treating. Here's to a week of no sabotage for all of us! I haven't worked out this week yet but plan to again when I get off work in the morning. My eating hasn't been A+ while out of town but if I've been on top of anything it's my portion control! Going to weigh in on Sunday, hope to see a loss!

MauiKai
04-03-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I was bad last night too. I had sushi. (ETA: Weigh in today says yep...up 0.4lb)

Dottington
04-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Don't worry guys about little mishaps! The important thing is getting right back on track :)

Hoopty-I make sure to eat back exercise calories! No way could I maintain 1200-1300 total on exercise day. I only aim to net 1200-1300 :p So glad you're feeling better!

Week is almost over! :D So far doing well except its TOM and I'm sooo hungry, but managed to stay away from extra snacks last night!

skittlesfirehawk
04-03-2014, 10:37 AM
i had chicken parm last night.Im trying to convience myself by saying as long as i eat 80/20 its okay.Ive had stupid drama issues and im sick.

yohasoy
04-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi! I'm new on 3fatchicks and I just registered because of this challenge!!
I've only lost 5kg (11lbs) so far and I need to lose so much more to get into a bikini body. Let's do it! :exercise:

themilesawaygirl
04-04-2014, 06:43 AM
We're all self-sabotagers! It's so hard isn't it, not to reward with food. I like the idea of rewarding yourself in other ways if you've been good all week rather than ruining it with a big food splurge. For example, buying a new nail varnish or maybe a DVD. I know some people have non food treats planned at certain goal points. Like a 10 lb loss = a massage, 20lb = a trip to the theatre or whatever. I think it's a great idea to focus on "treats you don't eat"

I WILL take a "before" bikini pic this weekend. I'm determined to stay on plan over the weekend, just to prove to myself I can do it, more than anything else!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend. Do you guys have anything good planned?

Riestrella
04-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Saw this and thought of the thread:

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/berry-break-24-5.jpg?w=500&h=442

amandie
04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Lol, Rie!

MrsDeenz
04-04-2014, 08:57 AM
If he's ready than so I am! haha

Riestrella
04-05-2014, 12:38 AM
I think we should all take a page out of Patrick's book and be ready for a bikini no matter what!!

Well for my weekday recap:
The good - Ran twice this week and did 1 strength training session, had cooked meals all week and not succumbed to ready meals.

The bad - I've given in a few times to junk food, like a big bag of chips, a chocolate bar and some candies.

But overall I think I'm doing well! Like I mentioned, I'm psyching myself up to do a strength workout. I actually prioritised this workout over hanging out with some of my boyfriends friends. I know that sounds sad, but I'm actually really proud that I made a stand and said that my health is more important! If it were MY friends and plans that I had made, that would be different, but just a tag-along-invite is something I think I can turn down to work out. Once it's out of the way I'm going to potentially meet up with them afterwards, I just wasn't going to rush/not do my workout to make it in time.

Tonight, however, I'm going to be hanging out with my boyfriends friends for a very late birthday celebration for him. People are intending on getting messy with the drinking...which is really not that appealing to me anymore! I drink 1 alcoholic drink and I feel really bloated and dehydrated! If I can keep drinking water then I'm fine though! I'm sure it'll be a fun night, I'm not a buzz kill, I don't need alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with friends for a picnic, potentially in the rain! Hoping the weather clears up for us as it's super random at the moment. It gets cloudy and rains then brightens up completely (repeat cycle!).

I'm actually really curious to know how much I weigh. I don't have a scale with me at the boyfriends place, so I literally have no idea if this hard work is getting me anywhere! I was 165 lbs at the beginning so I can only keep my fingers crossed that I'm moving towards the 150's again!

-----------

kailpea - Ahh, I see, you were caught in the siren song for a milkshake! I can understand that. You're right though, if you're gonna cheat make it count!! Haha!

kisskiss - It's ok! I think we all deserve a break when we've been working hard. But if you're like me and need to start actually working HARD then it's not good to keep cheating ;p. Gain is no doubt from the dreaded aunt flo! No worries!

Hoopty - Oh man, I know exactly what you mean with the chest thing! Glad you're flu has gone and you're back at the gym, mad respect!! I think it's good to eat some carbs after being sick for so long. You're right though, more healthy stuff is needed! But the biggest test is saying NO to when he says "do you want anything from the shop?"

Dott - Woohoo, excellent job on staying away from the snacks!!

milesaway - That's a brilliant idea! Good luck on staying on plan this weekend, you can do it!

skittlesfirehawk
04-05-2014, 11:54 AM
im 166 today im super hoping ill loose before monday

Dottington
04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Survived TOM without indulging! That's probably a first :D Did strength twice over the week and hiked. Probably will go on another hike this weekend, or at least a walk. It's getting easier with the lower calories, my weekly average is 1383, so slowly but surely bringing it down :p

levoguette
04-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Hello all!
So my weigh in yesterday was 214.2. Friday is my weekly weigh in day, so I listed it on the chart as that. Today I was up 214.9, but I ate out twice yesterday, although they were both healthy options I think the white carbs in the "multi-grain" bun on a sandwhich I got (more really like 60% whole grain) may be the culprit.
I've been a bit busy since school has picked up for me again after spring break, but I hope to at least be a weekly poster!
Congrats to losses, and to those who may have gained, hang in there! Good luck this week! :)

Marniadec
04-05-2014, 08:00 PM
So, I'm completely out of control... I'm PMSing and I decided to take a day off. I went out to eat and because most of us were broke we had junk food. Then I went home to find three slices of pizza. And I ate all three of them. I also ate dessert that I made yesterday. Now I'm scared for how long it'll take me to undo this. :p

skittlesfirehawk
04-05-2014, 09:06 PM
So, I'm completely out of control... I'm PMSing and I decided to take a day off. I went out to eat and because most of us were broke we had junk food. Then I went home to find three slices of pizza. And I ate all three of them. I also ate dessert that I made yesterday. Now I'm scared for how long it'll take me to undo this. :p

Dont worry relax.I took a day off due to sick and crap.Just try to make more healthy then bad choices.

Marniadec
04-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Oh, I was just laughing about it. I didn't know that this much food could still fit in my stomach. It was a pretty horrible experience. I was uncomfortable and in pain and in the verge of throwing up for hours later.

PostWeddingsmallsize
04-06-2014, 11:11 PM
The good- Got my fitness journal in order, started to sort out when to get to the gym and be motivated. Also found out I dropped a jeans size.

The bad - gained a pound as I didn't get any exercise in this week :(

skittlesfirehawk
04-07-2014, 10:18 AM
@Postweddingsmallsize Losing a whole jean size is a huge accomplishment.I wouldnt worry about one lbs espcially since you didnt exercise but way to go.

Riestrella
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Here is the first chart for the challenge! Congrats to the top 20 for this week!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week1_zpsca81911c.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week1_zpsca81911c.jpg.html)

MauiKai
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
I managed a bit of weight loss, however small! More so I am proud to say that the end of this week will mark my 4th week of exercising at least 5 days a week, though it's mostly been 6 days. I think I had 1 week where I did 5 days.

Something that has helped me, maybe not much, but I admit to enjoying it...is that I went out and bought one of those small 6" by 3" pocket calendar type things. Then I bought a sheet of tiny star stickers in rainbow colors. Every day that I complete my exercise I put a star on the day. Silly as it sounds I am quite pleased with myself when I crack it open and see the rainbow there. It feels like a tangible bit of proof that I am doing good for myself. I finally found a bit of exercise I can do, and not hate. Yay!

nonameslob
04-07-2014, 10:38 AM
MauiKai, that is an awesome idea! Good for you. Stickers can be surprisingly rewarding, even for adults lol

Good job everyone! Look at that awesome progress!

I looked at some swimsuits today as motivation...of course, by the time this challenge is over it will be end of summer and probably silly to buy a new one, but it's nice to look. :)

Riestrella
04-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Despite being the most despised day of the week, I always feel like Monday has some sort of a rejuvenation vibe to it. There's always the "I'll start on Monday" quote that I'm sure most of us have said on many a chaotic weekend.

I started my week right by going on a run today. I had to psyche myself up big time to do it, I wanted nothing more than to just be lazy. But I did it! And holy wow, my pace went from 10:16 min/mi to 9:31 min/mi today. I think it was thanks to the intensive strength training I did Saturday! I did feel like there was a spring in my step!

MauiKai - That's a great idea! I'm all for visual motivators, keeping track of progress is so important when losing weight. It's why I do these challenges!

noname - Why not buy one?! I think it's important to dress for your size and feel awesome in what you're wearing! I checked out your Tumblr, it's great! What's the 5:2 diet you mentioned?

MauiKai
04-07-2014, 11:03 AM
I feel a little silly with my rainbow stickers, but hey, it's motivating for me, and apparently I like it. So, why not!? Haha

Noname, buy one anyway! I've done that. There are indoor pools at your local gym/YMCA year round... ;)

nonameslob
04-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Riestrella, you're right about Mondays. I definitely have that same feeling of a new start. Also, that's an amazing improvement in pace!

The swimsuits I have now fit great (much better than last year...lol), but at this rate of loss yeah I might HAVE to buy one at the end of this summer - my parents have a hot tub so it would be good to have a swimsuit even for the fall/winter months :)

The quick and dirty on 5:2 is it's a form of intermittent fasting - 5 days eating "normally" (around 2000 cals) and 2 days eating up to 500 calories. Thanks for checking out my tumblr. I need to update!

Em123
04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
So glad this challenge is still around! Just entered my details. Let's do this ladies!

Hoopty
04-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Just a quick update..
I just got over being sick and only managed to go to the gym once last week. On top of it being PMS-week, I've been craving carbs like craazzyyy. Now to top it all off - I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out on Wednesday. And stupid me is telling myself "I'm not gonna be able to eat anything for at least 3 days (aside from babyfood which I stocked up on!), so I'm just gonna enjoy as much food as I can NOW." Now this stupid thinking got me to eat tons of chocolate and cakes and whatnot...why oh why am I doing this? Also, I'm telling myself that I'm gonna be losing weight anyways since I'm gonna be in so much pain that I'm not gonna be able to eat or workout or do anything for that matter. And that leads me to eat even more now.

So, no weigh-in for me this week. I went to the gym today and will go back tomorrow and then on Wednesday at 2pm I'm getting my teeth ripped out of my jaw, gah that's gonna be fun.

Congrats to those who had a loss! And here's some :dust: for those who have been struggling!

Coffee4Dessert
04-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Very excited this challenge is still open! Just entered my stats. Looking forward to getting body confident with you ladies.
I just got back from my local gym, where I froze my membership for 6 months. It's expensive and I never go because I am still trying to get over a fear of working out in front of really fit people (90% of people in my manhattan gym), and I want working out be enjoyable so that I can stay consistent with it. I decided since I live pretty close to the park, I am going to walk the entire loop 5 days a week. Hopefully eventually I will be able to run it, but for now it's the best I can do. :-)

Dottington
04-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Quick update. Had a rough weekend eating wise, I always notice that whenever I have a concert my eating goes downhill. I think I just get nervous and eat everything in sight….but at least I played really well!

Back on plan today! Know this past weekend was a fluke and I won't let it derail me!

Have a great healthy week everyone :D

Riestrella
04-08-2014, 08:58 AM
noname - Well sounds like you'll be buying a nice new bikini for hot tub fun times! You'll have to show us what you buy =) Do you think that the method works? I'm a bit skeptical of those types of methods purely because it's something I couldn't keep up forever!

Hoopty - Oh no!! Well, I certainly don't blame you for cramming in all the good stuff before you resort to baby food >_<. You will most definitely lose some pounds if you're on a liquid diet!

Coffee - Don't be put off! Everyone has to start somewhere, all those super fit people could have had backgrounds of being overweight too. So don't let them put you off, I think you'll find people will be very supportive of you. I ran a small, competitive 10K once. I was seriously the only "fun runner" there just doing it for the pride. I came second to last, but all the fit people who had crossed the finish line 30 minutes ago applauded me and cheered me over the finish line. It was one of the proudest moments of my life and reminded me that people do support one another!

MrsDeenz
04-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Had a rough weekend with TOM and staying with my parents but I'm happy to have made the top 20 at all. We have our first wedding on Saturday (we have 10 invitations on our dresser; I wish our friends would go to Vegas..) and I'm going dress shopping today. Can't wait for this day of fun-filled excitement…. NOT!

nonameslob
04-08-2014, 09:48 AM
noname - Well sounds like you'll be buying a nice new bikini for hot tub fun times! You'll have to show us what you buy =) Do you think that the method works? I'm a bit skeptical of those types of methods purely because it's something I couldn't keep up forever!

I've been doing this since August and honestly could see myself doing this for the rest of my life! Once I get to maintenance (ha, that's so far off...) I will switch to 6:1, which seems even more sustainable. I'd be happy to talk more about 5:2 with you if you're interested. There's also a IF Support thread on 3FC.

I am going to try taking a full two week break from it while I'm on vacation and the week after (marked it on the spreadsheet). Someone posted on 3FC some info about how taking a break from dieting in general can be really helpful...something to look forward to and kind of reset the metabolism. It's not until June but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for it (in addition to vacation).

MrsDeenz - oh, try to have fun! I know wedding season is a little crazy and overwhelming, but hopefully you can still have a good time. As long as your wallet doesn't protest haha! Good luck dress shopping! I hope you find something beautiful.

MauiKai
04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Oh too bad that today isn't weigh in day! I had a good SV today, finally made it over the 10lbs lost mark! Woo!

angelicus
04-08-2014, 03:08 PM
So I haven't had a great few days eating wise. I made a load of bread so much bread and butter and then I've been out a lot so just eating way more. Even though I showed a loss this week I've been bouncing up and down over the same 4lbs so I think I'm just gaining and loosing water weight. I think I might try and be stricter this week and work out all my calories to see if there are some obvious things I can cut out. And drink more water.

Also does anyone have any tips about eating out. I don't have loads of money so whenever I'm paying for food or drink I basically chose what I want as I tell myself that there is no point spending all that money on something when I'd rather have something else. However, because I'm on holiday from uni I'm meeting up with people more and it tends to be for food centred activities. So I should maybe rethink that view...

skittlesfirehawk
04-08-2014, 03:20 PM
MauiKai im going to buy a sticker sheet and a book for my exerice too.
nonameslob Look at swimsuits dont be afriad to buy one you never know when an impromptu trip may pop up.
angelicus Everywhere i go theres normally a healthy option most are yummy
Riestrella japan must be beautiful this time of year im dying to visit.I normally hate mondays but i love them now that its weigh in day

Coffee4Dessert
04-08-2014, 05:57 PM
MrsDeenz: Wow 10 weddings! Hopefully you can wear whatever beautiful dress you buy to at least another wedding. I do not enjoy dress shopping. lol

NoName: What do you usually eat on a "fast" day. I know you can have up to 500 calories, but I was wondering what your go-to's are.

MauKai: 10 pounds is AMAZING!! Congrats!

Angelicus: I usually try to eat something immediately before I go out with friends. Even if it's stopping to grab a few individual string cheese sticks from whatever store is closest. Makes me less anxious about ordering healthy off the menu.

I had a slip up last night. My SO bought me a box of gourmet hand-rolled chocolates. He's never done that sort of thing, and he said he was trying to put more effort into the "romance" part of the relationship. ( we've been together for 3 years). It was such a lovely gesture; I felt like I had to have a few. I should have had just one, but I had one of each kind, (I'm taste curious). Even worse, I had to lock the box in the small safe in our apartment, so I wouldn't be tempted! :sorry:

MrsDeenz
04-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I managed to walk 6 miles today in my hunt for dresses - I actually found two. I used to have a hard time finding even one in my size but this time it wasn't that hard because… *insert drum roll here* I'm DOWN a whole dress size! I'm so proud of myself.

I did come home and have a cheat meal for dinner but that's because I hadn't eaten anything all day so I could fit into the dresses. I'm making excuses for myself, I'm so bad.

Coffee4Dessert Aww that's so sweet of him! That's funny that you locked them away in a safe. I'm a "take-one-bite-and-let-him-finish-the-rest-or-throw-them-in-the-garbage" type of person. I don't have the willpower to "save it for later."

MauiKai
04-08-2014, 08:11 PM
MauiKai im going to buy a sticker sheet and a book for my exerice too.

I know it's a small thing but it helps me keep going because I have that tangible/visible symbol of "Look at what you've done! You CAN keep doing this!"

nonameslob
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Coffee4Dessert (love your name, btw!) - I only eat dinner on fast days and 99.9% of the time I make a grilled chicken salad. It's one of the healthier meals I can get my bf to eat, which is way easier than making two separate meals. If I deviate from that, it's usually some other combo of lean protein and veggies.

That is so sweet of your SO! Definitely difficult to avoid temptation. Good for you for locking them up eventually. Better than what I would have done haha

MrsDeenz - that is AWESOME! Must have made dress shopping way more fun!

Did my first day of strength this week via a Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video...cardio tonight and will probably just use hand weights at home on Thursday for my second day of strength. It's been surprisingly easy to stick to my exercise goals lately, this thread helps for sure. I want to have visible muscles the next time I put on a swimsuit!

MauiKai
04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
MauiKai: 10 pounds is AMAZING!! Congrats!

Thanks...it's small though, and I am trying hard to enjoy that 10lbs are gone vs thinking about all the ones I have left to go!

Riestrella
04-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Hey guys!

This week has been good! I've been on a run and I did a strength workout despite almost quitting. Huzzah for last minute surges of energy to combat laziness! Today I had a treat, went to a chocolate cafe and had a slice of chocolate/marshmallow pizza with a milkshake. It's a famous place so I figured might as well, probably never going to go back!

I spent most of the day walking around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, it was beautiful. So quiet too, it's so hard to find an empty corner in Tokyo so it was amazing. Was feeling pretty confident in my body today, think it was a combination of being ON IT this week with working out and wearing something I felt comfortable in =).

This weekend is my birthday, so tomorrow I'm going to go on a run before I celebrate in style! I won't worry at all about what I eat, it's ma burfday =D.

----

noname - If you are looking forward to taking a break from the 5:2 method surely that means it's not something you truly want to keep up forever? I'm a very firm believer in eating clean food and plenty of it! But I also believe whatever makes you happy as long as it's not harming yourself is important, so I can support the method if it's something that's not going to drive you crazy!

angelicus - Don't worry about the weight fluctuations, you know what went wrong just get back to normal! As for eating out, I know what you mean...I think it's a crime to go to a restaurant and order a salad!! Maybe that's because I'm very much a vegetable hater. My advice would be 1. enjoy your life and order what you want. 2. Don't feel you have to finish right then and there, you can take leftovers home. 3. Eat slowly, put down your utensils with every single bite. It sounds like a pain but it will really slow you down and you'll be surprised how early on in the meal you'll feel full. 4. Drink water no matter what! If you want a coke or a beer, order it with water. Always stay hydrated! Hope it helps!

skittles - Japan is gorgeous early April, I would highly recommend visiting this time of year. Summer is horrendous, way too humid!

Coffee - Aww, that's so sweet! Don't feel guilty, indulge!! I very much believe in TREAT YO' SELF! Especially if it's a gift =)

MrsD - CONGRATS ON SHRINKING! Epic!

MrsDeenz
04-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Riestrella Happy early birthday! I've never been to Max Brenners but we have one nearby and I've only heard good things. I'm glad you enjoyed :)

I completed my first mini-goal today and got excited and changed my ticker and all. I'm hoping that'll motivate me to keep moving in the right direction rather than backwards. This might be the first time I've ever completed a goal on 3FC in the 4 years I've been a member.. :cheer2:

nonameslob
04-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Riestrella - It would be no different than taking a break from "clean eating" or any dietary restriction. It's easy, but it is still a restriction, one that does require scheduling to an extent (will be much, much easier at the maintenance level as it's just one day instead of two). I definitely also eat healthy, homemade foods as often as possible within this diet, too, and I think that's more what I look forward to breaking from! Sometimes food planning is just so exhausting!!!

Have a great birthday! It sounds like you planned really well to be able to enjoy it without guilt :)

MrsDeenz - Congratulations! That is fantastic!

---

I somehow made it to the gym after a 12 hour work day. I got there and my Nook was dead, and realized I had no headphones. Still had an awesome workout! I think packing a gym bag and putting it in the car with me really helped. Gonna try to do that more often, and get to the gym straight after work instead of going home first.

skittlesfirehawk
04-10-2014, 10:06 AM
So i went to the new york yankee game last night it was awesome and i ate what i wanted.My birthday is sunday and im going out for habachi.its also my tom so i dont think this week is going to spectacular.No gym for me im having leg pains all the time and the doctors are still trying to figure out whats going on and right now im waiting to get my test results back for lyme disease.

Hotaruchan
04-10-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm sure that I won't be anywhere near the top of the chart this week since everyone's making such great progress, but I just realized that this week's weigh puts me down 50 lbs since I started with 3FC. Excuse me while I go happy dance.

amandie
04-10-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm sure that I won't be anywhere near the top of the chart this week since everyone's making such great progress, but I just realized that this week's weigh puts me down 50 lbs since I started with 3FC. Excuse me while I go happy dance.

h3ll yea, go and dance!!!!! 50lbs down isn't something to sneeze at. :carrot:

PostWeddingsmallsize
04-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Another rough week. Husband had a surgery and I'm caring for him. Job is very stressful and done by best to keep up with my eating regimen. The result was that I went back to my weight at the start of the challenge. Hoping I can do something about this. I want a loss next week.

levoguette
04-11-2014, 12:51 PM
So weighed in and I am at 209.9, am down roughly 4 lbs this week but I can't say I'm jumping for joy over it. I've been so busy I haven't really had time to eat properly. It's not easy being in school either and getting a totally balanced meal. I'm out at school working almost all day so it's hard to plan good snacks to take with me. And I've been so stressed I sometimes haven't had an appetite either. I hate weeks where I lose like this because I know the odds are pretty high of it all coming back when I start eating "normally" again and it's always a bummer to see the scale go up. (Usually results in a 10 lb set back when I go home to visit my parents.) And it's not as rewarding to know that the reason you're losing weight is because of lack of good eating, even though I've also recently gone gluten free and upped my physical activity. I guess we'll see how it goes this coming week. If anyone has any good suggestions on good portable snacks please let me know! Nuts are commonly recommended but I have a huge nut allergy, so that's a no go for me. :(

nonameslob
04-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Hotaruchan wow, 50 pounds is awesome! Celebrate away!

PostWeddingsmallsize It's hard to keep in a routine when everything surrounding that routine is challenged..hope your husband is recouping well, and that you can get back to it.

levoguette I've been obsessed with these individual packets of hummus I found at Costo (16 for $5!). Hummus isn't exactly low cal, but it's great nutrition and I pair it with carrots and celery. Also, apple and peanut butter (I take the apple whole, and bring a knife to cut it up when I'm ready to eat it). I have a lunch box with a freezer pack that goes in the bottom to keep those things cool.

I'm sure since you've been more active and made some dietary changes that will make it easier to hang onto the weight you've lost, instead of gaining.

---

Planned more of our summer vacation last night. So excited! Can't wait to look skinnier and feel better by then :) It's definitely motivation.

MrsDeenz
04-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Ummmm 50 lbs?! Go on and do your happy dance, shoot, I'll dance along with you! :carrot:

IsobelRose22
04-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Sadly I lost my beloved granny last week. My eating plan and exercise regime went out of the window, as I had to deal with grief/house clearance/funeral/work/study. Oddly enough I didn't 'binge' I just didn't focus on meal plans or exercise. For a week I basically lived of shop bought sandwiches, fatty coffee and cakes and pastries. So I am now back on the wagon and doing a 2nd half marathon in July so I need to make her proud :) which is why I am back on this fabulous challenge x

MauiKai
04-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Everyone remember tomorrow is the weigh in yeah?

Marniadec
04-14-2014, 03:51 AM
Μeh. I'm up by 0.2 this week. I finally got TOM this Sunday after 9 days of hellish PMS. I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

Greek Orthodox Easter is on Sunday and I always fast (in our church fasting means going vegan) the week before. I've never tried to lose weight while fasting because I don't get enough protein and I'm never full. I'm trying to figure out a meal plan that will give me enough protein but most recipes I find require ingredients that I won't find in my town. All I have so far are legumes and walnuts. I can't afford to f*ck up this week, too, though...

Pattience
04-14-2014, 05:25 AM
Well my weight is pretty much what's its been lately and i'm not really trying to lower it. I"m just going to sit here for a while so that means i will lose this competition alas. But i'd rather lose the competition than get fat again so this is my strategy.

Riestrella
04-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Week 2 chart everyone!

Sorry, messed up with the Goal Weight column, it's fixed in the spreadsheet!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week2_zps6f3b5a08.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week2_zps6f3b5a08.jpg.html)

MrsDeenz
04-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Man, my behind fell to the bottom? I hope I move up this week.

Riestrella
04-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Hey guys!

Well birthday weekend has come and gone. I was not on plan at ALL, but I don't care it was ma BURFDAY! On Saturday I went to TGI Fridays (which is apparently a lot more legit in Tokyo than America), had sooo much greasy food. Had onion rings and a big burger and my friends ordered me a surprise desert that came with a sparkler and the restaurant singing happy birthday!

Then the Sunday the 13th, my actual birthday, I went to karaoke with my boyfriend and sang my little heart out all day! Then we went to "purikura", which is this crazy fancy/girly photo booth. I always wanted to go with the boyfriend and be lame, so I made him go on my birthday! Here's the result:

https://scontent-b-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1483304_10152287450553503_2374681395443505862_n.jp g

Then we had pizza and I Skyped my parents and ended an awesome day! Plus I got £45 worth in Amazon vouchers so I can buy lots of books =D.

So all in all, TERRIBLE weekend if you're looking at it from a weight loss perspective. But AWESOME for the soul!

Yesterday (Monday) I went on a run to get back on track and did 2 miles in a 10:31 min/mi pace. I'm pretty much running at my fastest pace (which was a few years ago) again so it can only get better from here!

Anyone a Game of Thrones fan? If so - OH MY GOD.

------------------

MrsD - You should definitely give Max Brenner a try! I had a slice of chocolate pizza and a milkshake, very filling! Huge congrats on the first mini goal!! You'll be in the 170s soon!

noname - My Dad does that with this gym bag! Gets it all ready the night before. Where are you going on the summer vacation?? Definitely a motivator.

Isobel - I'm so sorry about your granny, going off the wagon is to be expected, everyone needs to channel grief in their own way. But it sounds like you're working hard to honour her memory by doing the half marathon, it's always a great motivator to seize the day and make people proud who are no longer with us. You can do it!!

Marniadec - Check out the chart, girl, you're number ONE! So turn that frown upside down, congrats!

themilesawaygirl
04-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Right. I've not posted in here for aaages because I didn't have time to do personals and now it's been so long I don't know how I'd catch up!

So I'm just going to drop by to say I had a TERRIBLE week last week. I've no idea why, but I just couldn't stop eating. I've gained 4lbs as a result and I'm really disappointed with myself. BUT I'm slowly clambering back on the wagon - I ate *better* yesterday, although still in excess. And I've got back to the gym this morning and trying to stay focused today. I'm going to see what my weight does for the rest of the week before posting. It feels a bit like cheating, but it's more out of curiosity to see if I gain even more!

I'll be back more often to keep up with the thread, it's great to see so many people taking part.

It's gorgeous and sunny here today, although I'm stuck in the office. More incentive to get ready for summer though, hopefully the weather will last for BBQs and beach trips :)

Marniadec
04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Riestrella aw, the pictures are so cute and your eyes are gorgeous! Happy belated birthday!

themilesawaygirl they're probably just water. I mean, 4 pounds in a week? I spent the whole week eating like a pig, too. Don't feel bad!

I'm just whiny because I want to reach 130 by May 30th and I don't think I will. Otherwise, I'm kicking a$$ rn. :p I keep trying to stay at ~1000 calories so I can make up a bit about last week but I can't. I get dizzy, shaky and nauseus. I think it's my blood sugar. Maybe it drops because it's lower than it used to be, which would be great. As long as it's still normal because I never had a problem with it.

I just discovered that I'm one centimeter taller than I thought I was. I'm 5'6''! Ι hope this means I won't think about getting under 130. Maybe I'll be ok with being between 130 and 134.

skittlesfirehawk
04-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Riestrella my birthday was Sunday too.happy birthday.

I went to hibachi it was fun.

nonameslob
04-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Riestrella Wow, sounds like your birthday weekend was incredible! And well-deserved. We are going to Colorado...Boulder, Denver and camping/hiking in the Rockies for vacation in June.

skittlesfirehawk Happy birthday to you too!

Marniadec that's too funny! I remember the day I realized I was 5'5 instead of 5'4.5". It is strangely awesome :)

We are going away this weekend since I have Good Friday off, staying somewhat local...camping, hiking, biking and canoeing (whew, that's a lot for 3 days, not sure we'll do everything lol). And for once my bf and I planned a fairly healthy menu for our meals while away. We usually splurge quite a bit while camping...it's just so easy to eat when hanging out around a campfire. I'm so glad he's gradually accepted my new "get healthy" lifestyle - it makes it so much easier for me to stick to it! No worries...I'm still bringing hot dogs (100% beef Halal hot dogs), and will probably get some s'more fixins. And don't forget the booze!

Riestrella
04-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Hey guys!

It's hard to update you guys on my progress since I have no scale! But after my birthday weekend splurge I'm back on track with exercise. I updated my blog with a table of my 5K training that I'm doing to ease myself back into running again, check it out: http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/p/5k-training.html
I'm 1:43 faster than when I first started this round of training!

I slipped up yesterday and had a coke/bag of chips. For no real reason really...it was stupid! I think I'll make sure to remember the feeling I got the next time I'm tempting by silly junk food!

-----------

milesaway - Do you feel like you're really restricting yourself with food, which is why you couldn't stop this week? If I have a mega binge I usually find it's during stressful times or if I've been too strict! I really miss my Mum's BBQ's! I'm hoping British weather stays good until August so I can have a nice BBQ when I get back to England!

Marnia - Thanks! Woah, 1000 calories?! That's way low!! No wonder you're feeling terrible!! You need to eat at least 1400-1800!! Take care of yourself!!

Skittles - Yay, birthday twin! Happy birthday to us!!

nonames - I've been to Boulder loads! My boyfriend is from there! It's been rated the fittest/healthiest city for another year running...it's always kind of intimidating for me to visit because I've always been overweight! Let me know if you want any recommendations, I know a few places in Boulder that a good for food/drink. That's great that your boyfriend is all aboard for healthy eating, I think my parents' biggest problem with their weight loss is that they never support each other for long periods of time - if one fails the other one does!

Marniadec
04-18-2014, 09:11 AM
skittlesfirehawk happy belated birthday to you, too!

nonameslob that's great about your boyfriend! I'm paranoid and I could never even bring myself to tell my boyfriend that I was on a diet, let alone ask him to be supportive. Thankfully, he figured it out and he started secretly eating on the way home so I wouldn't be tempted. :p Have fun on the weekend!

Riestrella I used to eat less than 1000 calories every day so I could pig out during the weekend. It didn't hurt me because I took breaks often. But now I've gone up to ~1300 and I don't understand how I ever managed to eat so little. :p I can't imagine how you're living without a scale. How often do you take measurements? Good job on the running!

I've been baking all day today. None of the things I'm baking are vegan, so I won't be able to try anything until tomorrow night. It's driving me crazy. :p

Hoopty
04-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Hey guys,

I had a terrible week. It's so hard for me to get back on track after eating junk food for days. Today, I made a whole bunch of single-serving desserts like a mug brownie, one raspberry muffin, a sugar cookie and I even ate plain oatmeal mixed with brown sugar, raw cocoa powder and cinnamon. Hello? What's that about? I ate that quite often this week which is so terrible. Oh goodness, I forgot that I also had tons of vanilla ice cream, chocolate mousse and cake at work. Ahhh, what's wrong with me? And to top it off I haven't worked out in uhm...5 days?
I weighed-in on Sunday and couldn't believe that the scale said 145 lbs. Last time I checked I weighed 142.4 lbs. Now, I did workout a LOT last week and I mean a lot - for 5 days straight. And it was TOM. But it still didn't stop me from feeling all depressed. And that's when I started eating crap.

I put on a pair of jeans today that I had bought when I weighed ~135 lbs 3 years ago. They've been sitting in my closet, obviously now that I weigh more. I was bored today so I thought I would put them on and see if I'd be able to button them. To my surprise, they fit. I mean sure, I have a muffin top and all, but they fit and they don't make my legs look like they're about to pop. I asked DH who is 100% honest with me and he said that it looked good and that I could definitely wear them. I put on a white tank top and took pictures of my body - front, side and back. I will use those as comparison pics once I start losing some weight, after I get back track of course!

Happy Easter!

MauiKai
04-18-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure how this next weeks weigh in will go. I haven't exercised at all because I spectacularly threw out my back. Then I developed a stomach issue and the only things I seem to be able to tolerate eating are bananas, toast, rice and applesauce. Not exactly healthy and so far off my food plan.

lucrezia
04-20-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm back in... I've been slacking although I just joined a Les Mills gym last week.

As of two days ago, I was 162 with probably a pound of bloating from all the cheese I ate the day before (a huge no-no for me!). It's finals week for me, so it's kind of hard to concentrate on weight loss when I've been stress eating like crazy....

Working on bringing my own food to school AND attending classes 3-4x a week until I leave for Europe! I'm going to start weighing myself daily + posting on here, more, so I'm back in!

levoguette
04-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I had my lovely TOM-bloat plus carb cravings that seem to come with a few days of having eaten out. I was up to 213 on Friday, today I weighed in and was at 211. I'm assuming the bloat is gone but I gained 1.5-2 lbs roughly. Pretty discouraging but I saw it coming.

Riestrella
04-21-2014, 04:28 AM
Week 3 chart everyone!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week3_zps4346ac2f.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week3_zps4346ac2f.jpg.html)

nonameslob
04-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Whoops! I must have forgotten to fill in the chart last week. Added it just now, hope that's okay.

Riestrella I will definitely be interested in some suggestions for Boulder. Neither of us have ever been and we'll be spending a couple days there.

Not as much healthy eating while camping this weekend as I had originally intended, but with the amount of activity we did I'm hoping it will all balance out (17 miles of hiking plus we took out the canoe and the bikes and chopped lots of firewood!). The scale is definitely not being kind right now, I'm thinking/hoping it's my achy muscle retaining water...oh they hurt so bad. Back into the groove of healthy eating and normal exercise this week. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

skittlesfirehawk
04-21-2014, 10:24 AM
I had a crappy eating weekend.Went to jose tejas for dinner on saturday then sunday was easter and i got a small uno orginal pizza at unos but i did get nine grain crust.

Riestrella
04-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Whoops! I must have forgotten to fill in the chart last week. Added it just now, hope that's okay.

Riestrella I will definitely be interested in some suggestions for Boulder. Neither of us have ever been and we'll be spending a couple days there.

Not as much healthy eating while camping this weekend as I had originally intended, but with the amount of activity we did I'm hoping it will all balance out (17 miles of hiking plus we took out the canoe and the bikes and chopped lots of firewood!). The scale is definitely not being kind right now, I'm thinking/hoping it's my achy muscle retaining water...oh they hurt so bad. Back into the groove of healthy eating and normal exercise this week. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No worries on entering last weeks weight!

Well personally the thing I like about Boulder is just the general vibe. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere, the center of it all being Pearl Street. It's quite a nice strip with some great restaurants dotted around that area. As for things to do, a walk down Boulder creek is nice. Other than that there are some nice hiking trails at Ncar and Chautauqua.

My food recommendations (combined with a few from my boyfriend who grew up there) would be:

Southern Sun (http://www.mountainsunpub.com/). Beer & Burgers. All the beer is brewed in house. They have amazing BBQ wings too. Cash only! The website lists a few locations, but Southern Sun is best - more seats and better food.
The Mediterranean (http://www.themedboulder.com/). Tapas! Their happy hour is great, really cheap.
Zanmai (http://www.sushizanmai.com/) Where I first fell in love with sushi! They have some amazing rolls, I'd highly recommend the number 9 and the dragon roll. But don't order anything from the kitchen if you do go, it's all about the sushi (boyfriend used to work here too so he'd know!)
Tahona (http://www.tahonaboulder.com/) Southwestern. I've never been here but the bf recommended it. Good flavour infused tequilas. There's also a place near Pearl Street called "The Rio", the food is really poor but the margaritas are amazing.

Hope that helps and I hope you like my suggestions if you do end up going!

nonameslob
04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Oh my, margaritas...the key to my heart! Thank you very much for the suggestions :) Definitely noting the sushi suggestion if we ever move there (part of why we're vacationing there...). I'm really gonna miss fresh seafood!

Riestrella
04-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Oh my, margaritas...the key to my heart! Thank you very much for the suggestions :) Definitely noting the sushi suggestion if we ever move there (part of why we're vacationing there...). I'm really gonna miss fresh seafood!

Ahh, a recon mission! I personally prefer bigger cities at this point in my life but I would definitely be happy to live in Boulder some day. A beautiful, relaxing place. Still has a bit of a youthful buzz because of the University though. It's very much it's own little bubble though, I always make fun of people from there who say "oh that's so Boulder!" Like its a little club ;p.

Marniadec
04-21-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm still first? Yay!

I visited my brother's grave today with my mom. There's a 26-year-old burried next to my brother and a 24-year-old across from him. Their mothers and sisters were there so we chatted for quite a while and I came home a mess. I'm now off to get a burger and fries and then I'll watch Bridesmaids.

I ate and drank too much yesterday and today I will do the same, so I won't be weighing in for a few more days.

Riestrella
04-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Been looking into some bikinis for summer, man I hate how expensive they are! I've been eyeballing this one:
http://images.asos-media.com/inv/groups/6536/image1xl.jpg
I already have a red one but it's a bit brighter than this, I quite like the deep red colour.

I also like this one (wouldn't let me link the pic) (http://www.simplybeach.com/products/Freya/TootsieUnderwireBandeauBikiniTop-Black.aspx), which is a bit different from the usual red/black I always buy. Decisions decisions! Which one do you prefer?

Still getting a bit antsy about how much I weigh!! But will have to wait a long time yet. I figured though I should have lost at least a few pounds, since when I weighed last I was coming out of a time where I was not exercising and eating really poorly.

Marnia - Huge congrats on staying number 1! *hug* It's always tough to be faced with a huge reminder that our loved ones are no longer with us. You enjoy that burger and fries and laugh your arse off to Bridesmaids! Do what you need to do to process your grief and then get back on track when you're ready. I recently lost a friend so I like to think that I'm losing weight and getting healthy in honour of him, since he passed away due to his weight. So it's always good to grieve but it's also important to do something positive too.

MrsDeenz
04-23-2014, 10:32 AM
I fell off the wagon hard this past weekend until yesterday. My girl had spring break so we went down to Hershey Park and ate at Red Robin since we've never been. And then we went to Philadelphia on Saturday and when you're in Philly… Philly cheesesteak. And then we had pizza last night. I'm feeling every single pound I put back on right on my behind.. :(

nonameslob
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Riestrella I must say, I really like the B&W one!

MrsDeenz You know, I live right near Philly and have never had a REAL Philly chesesteak. It's blasphemy. I'm sure you will get right back to it.

I had a NSV yesterday! I bought a size XL gym shirt on clearance without trying it on almost a year ago, thinking of course I fit XL, but it was way too small (I hate how much sizes vary from brand to brand). Put it on yesterday and it fit great so I wore it to the gym :D Whoop! Thank goodness, because now I'm up to two workout tops. The third one I have is like a tent!

Riestrella
04-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Riestrella I must say, I really like the B&W one!

MrsDeenz You know, I live right near Philly and have never had a REAL Philly chesesteak. It's blasphemy. I'm sure you will get right back to it.

I had a NSV yesterday! I bought a size XL gym shirt on clearance without trying it on almost a year ago, thinking of course I fit XL, but it was way too small (I hate how much sizes vary from brand to brand). Put it on yesterday and it fit great so I wore it to the gym :D Whoop! Thank goodness, because now I'm up to two workout tops. The third one I have is like a tent!

I know...but you know what? I added the top and the briefs to the basket and it totaled to £70/$120!! I hate having big boobs!
Awesome on the NSV, that's epic. I still have a dress in a closet at home that's a size 10 if I remember correctly (US 6 I think?). I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to fit into it, especially with my generously sized chest, but I absolutely fell in love with it and had to buy it in the only size available. I've never felt such a pull to a dress before, I even went away thinking "it doesn't fit", slept on it, then went back the next day to buy it. Wow, sorry, went off on a tangent there!!

themilesawaygirl
04-24-2014, 09:22 AM
OK I don't have time for personals, sorry. I'll try and get back in the swing of things and post more often. I've been off the wagon for basically 2 weeks now and I've put on all the weight I lost. *sigh* I've lost the self control with eating, and I didn't even go to the gym today (I'll go tomorrow). I've made super healthy lunch for this week though and it's DELICIOUS. I love discovering healthy food that I actually enjoy, it takes a lot of effort and planning but feels so good when I succeed.

Anyways that's me for now. I'm going to try and be a little bit healthy for the weekend, and then knuckle down next week and get some control back.

p.s. Rie I love the red one. The b&w makes my eyes go a bit funny. I've never bought an expensive bikini but my Freya sports bra is the best thing ever. xx

PostWeddingsmallsize
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm not doing so good everything seems to block my legs from marching back into that gym. The good news is I saw my first loss by watching what I eat. I am happy about that.

I was getting tired of water so I made sure there was some lemon in the house.

I might be paying off my debt at the same time but that doesn't mean I can't do anything else!1

CharityMarie
04-24-2014, 02:23 PM
I love how motivating the original post is, I also love the idea of this challenge. But I'm not fully prepared to join in and be the heaviest one.. yes, yes, I know, thats silly. But I still have that fat girl mentality!

Riestrella
04-25-2014, 12:42 AM
I love how motivating the original post is, I also love the idea of this challenge. But I'm not fully prepared to join in and be the heaviest one.. yes, yes, I know, thats silly. But I still have that fat girl mentality!

Hey! I'm glad you found my post so motivating :). Though I'm really sad to hear that you don't want to join! Come on now, girl...no one cares how much you weigh apart from YOU! You'll be holding yourself back from challenging yourself if you keep thinking this way. So basically, snap yourself out of "fat girl mentality" and tune in to let's kick some a$$ FM! Change will happen when you believe it will happen and sometimes the best way to begin that process is to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Whether it's going on a run outside, getting on that scale for the first time in a while or even joining in an awesome challenge on a weight loss forum. We'd all support you, so sign up! :hug:

P.S - You've already lost 56 lbs?! Jeysus, that's awesome! You can totally do this!

levoguette
04-25-2014, 04:40 AM
CharityMarie! I agree! You should join in!
Remember many of us have been at this for a long while and you're not the "biggest girl" here. My starting weight was 280, but my highest was probably into the 300s. (Not sure since I ran away from scales back then. ;) )

I am not doing too well either. I live in a dorm, I don't have a meal plan this semester. I opted out of it because their options seem to deteriorate every semester and it's all white carbs. I find that every time I go there I end up getting pizza because it's freshly baked daily and smells so good. Pretty counter-productive so goodbye mealplan.
The only things I have are a microwave and minifridge. My microwave broke and it makes me want to cry because I'm either stuck eating out or eating Greek yogurt with fruit or cereal. So severely unmotivating.

nonameslob
04-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Charity, join us!!! This certainly isn't about getting into a bikini for me, but it's been such a fun challenge (against myself!) and I love seeing how everyone else is progressing as well, even if they are skinnier than me :P I hope you'll reconsider. This is a really great group!

I seriously can't wait to put my swimsuit back on in the final week and compare pictures. My strength training is going well so far (it's only like the second solid week of it...), but I can't wait to see the results of that, even if the scale is moving more slowly.

Marniadec
04-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Riestrella, the red bikini is gorgeous! I've actually wanted to get that one, too. Although, I really want a navy blue bikini by Pour Moi (which is also last year's, so half price) but they no longer have the top in my size. I'm a 30gg. I love my boobs but how sad is it that I'm probably going to travel abroad this summer and I'm planning my trip based on whether I'll be able to buy a bra? :p

MrsDeenz, I've been off the wagon since Sunday. I'm back on it, though and so will you. Don't worry.

nonameslob congrats on the NSV!

Well, I've just gotten back on the wagon. I think. I spent the whole week eating too much. Then I got these weird symptoms. I feel weak and tired and dizzy and I crave meat? Just thinking of eating anything that doesn't contain meat makes me want to throw up. I went hours without eating and then my blood sugar dropped and I got way worse. I just managed to eat after 28 hours and I also had a glass of chocolate milk and I'm better now.

Riestrella
04-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Week 4 chart!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week4_zps9ce3ef51.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week4_zps9ce3ef51.jpg.html)

Riestrella
04-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Well guys, I'm annoyed. I weighed over the weekend and clocked in at freakin' 166.6 lbs!! Evil numbers for an evil weight. I gained a POUND despite getting back into working out. I tried slow and steady; easing my way back into things after being out of the game for a while, but the scale has told me that it's just not good enough. So I've started counting calories again and I'm going to scrap the 5K training and jump to 10K training. I need to work harder!!

---

Marnia - Yeah, I really like the red one and it's considerably cheaper than the other one! It's horrible how much bikini's cost for us big chested women, isn't it?! What are you eating in a day normally? Doesn't sound good that you're feeling weak! Your body is telling you that something isn't right, so listen to your body and take care of yourself.

nonameslob
04-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Marniadec That is very odd! Is it possible you're anemic? (though that would probably only explain red meat cravings?). Hope you're feeling better and back to normal.

Riestrella I wouldn't put too much stock into the weight you gained. If you weren't really working out and then started going hard, you're body is probably holding onto fluids to repair muscles. It'll get used to it and drop the extra pound and then some!

I had a good week finally after no loss the previous week. Feels good to be ahead of all of my goals, both in this challenge and my year-long goal for myself. I was seriously craving carbs this weekend though. My bf was away and I had all intentions to eat very healthy and tons of veggies but found myself eating pasta twice. But, I generally ate less than a usual weekend so hopefully it all evens out! And I'm determined to get to Onederland by my next weigh-in!

MrsDeenz
04-28-2014, 10:13 AM
I thought I fell off the wagon for a weekend but apparently it was a week-long binge. TOM is on her way as well so I'm just a bloated mess.

I am down to 183.8 today so it means the scale is back to moving in the right direction. Here's hoping it continues..

skittlesfirehawk
04-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Ugh I was 165 yesterday but today I weighed in at 166.I think it's because I went out at 9 for dinner and had French toast and French onion soup

themilesawaygirl
04-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Right. I have had a terrible couple of weeks food-wise. I'm going to have a really good week this week and get back on track.

Maria I hope you're managing to eat and control your blood sugar. I wonder why you're craving meat? Maybe a deficiency in iron or amino-acids?

angelicus
04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Hey all, getting back on this surf board! Completely gone off track the past two or so weeks, but I'm now back at uni and restarting. Unfortunately, that brings a new set of challenges, as I'm in catered accommodation, so don't have a massive range of choice. Hope everyone is doing well - its very inspiring to look at the weigh in sheet and see how much some folk have lost :D

PostWeddingsmallsize
05-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I posted a loss and it has stayed steady. I am soo happy. I am planning on going back to the gym soon and finally developing a cohesive daily routine. May is beat the tummy bulge month.

skittlesfirehawk
05-03-2014, 12:07 AM
im thinking about switching about my routine.Im going to suspend my membership at my gym.Im going to go to another gym for 6 months.The gym i go to now only has water classes at 6am.The new gym has them during the day and at night when i can go and not drown.

Hotaruchan
05-03-2014, 07:27 AM
I hate Lyme disease...I was down earlier in the week then went right back up to the old number because my joints are visibly swollen. Blargh.

Riestrella
05-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone! Charts go up tomorrow, so please enter your weights asap!

Counting calories has been eye opening, I'm really glad that I've started monitoring everything I'm eating/drinking. Drinks have been the real eye opener, I never realised how much of my calories was being used up by drinks! I'm currently using My Fitness Pal, which tells me my daily recommended amount should be 1380 calories a day. So far I've managed to stick to it, 3 days out of 8 I've been over down to being out with friends and not paying attention. I hope that the next time I step on the scale, combined with working out again, I'll see some results. Here's to hoping!

--------

noname - Thank you for your advice, I really hope I can see a change soon! What's your year-long goal? Being on your own can be a nightmare in relation to healthy eating, it's so easy to slip up when no one's watching. So well done!

Marniadec
05-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Because of various reasons, I haven't been doing any strength training. I thought it would be better for me to wait until I was done losing. But I've just figured out that you can only gain a few pounds of muscle per year and that it's difficult to see changes unless you're also dieting. So, yeah, I effed up.

I'm a size S/M in most stores now and I don't want to lose much more weight. But I do have to continue losing fat if I want to look good. At some point I'll start working out and eat at a smaller caloric deficit than I do now. The question is do I do it now or once I reach goal? How much difference could these 10 pounds make? What do you guys think?

nonameslob
05-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Riestrella My goal is to get to 179 by the end of the year ("overweight" rather than "obese" on the BMI charts).

I don't know if I'm *failing* lately or my body is just playing games, but I'm up this week. It was only my second real week of strength training, so that could be part of it, but I also haven't been doing great food-wise. Going to pay more attention this week to what I'm eating and hopefully everything will fall back into line.

Riestrella
05-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Marnia - If you want to see fat loss, you need to combine cardio with strength training and be eating a healthy diet. When I say diet I don't mean eat 1000 calories a day, I mean you need to be eating 1600+ but of purely clean, REAL food. So try and get rid of this mindset that you need to eat less to lose fat, it just doesn't work that way. I recommend a book by Jillian Michaels called "Making The Cut". It's for people who want to shed the last 20ish lbs and get lean. It comes with it's own meal plan and an intensive day by day workout that combines cardio with strength training. I use it purely from a strength training point of view, but those workouts are tough and if you can eat clean you'll start shedding off that fat. You can download it via torrents. But pleeeeeease stop thinking you have to workout more and eat LESS, that's crazy! You should workout more and eat MORE! Your body is a fire, the wood is the food you give it and your workouts are the oxygen. If you don't have enough wood your fire will burn out!

noname - That's a good goal! I set most of my mini goals based on BMI. Just be really mindful of eating a balanced diet along with your strength training and I'm sure you'll see a loss. Are you eating lots of protein too?

Marniadec
05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
nonameslob don't call it failing. You can't be 100% on plan all the time. As long as you get back on track, you're fine. You need to take breaks every now and then.

Riestrella, that's not what I'm thinking at all. I meant that once I start working out I'll start eating more. Once I add ST, I'll eat at ~400 under maintenance as opposed to ~900 which is what I do now. I'm just trying to decide if I want to get to 130 before I add ST.

Riestrella
05-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Week 5 chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week5_zpsd48a8e41.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week5_zpsd48a8e41.jpg.html)

Riestrella
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Marnia - You should start strength training now!! You might not reach the number you want with strength training but who cares when you look lean and healthy?!

Marniadec
05-06-2014, 09:29 AM
I've wanted to weigh 130 since I was 12. I can always gain some weight if I don't like how I end up looking. I definitely know how to gain. :p I do think that it's a bit stupid and that it will take longer, etc but I've wanted this for 15 years and I'm finally doing it.

themilesawaygirl
05-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi guys! I've been very quiet and off the wagon for tooo long. I am back on it today though, and determined to stay good this time! We had a national holiday in the UK yesterday, so it's my first day back at work today and with only 3 more days in the week I've got absolutely no excuses not to stick to plan!

Maria If you really have this number in your head you want to get to, then focus on a healthy diet and cardio for now. If you start strength training it may cause you to put on weight and that might not be the thing you need right now. I'm not sure where you've got your research from about gaining muscle and having to diet at the same time but this doesn't sound right to me (I read a LOT about strength training and diet) You can gain a lot of muscle pretty quickly, but it involves huge amounts of training and eating a ridiculous amount. Alternatively, you can build muscle with weight training slowly on a healthy, balanced diet. But do try to remember what Rie says about looking and feeling healthy being more important than a number. x

noname It's not failing - you're on your second week of strength training! That sounds like a success to me. I need to be better with my food choices this week too. Let's do this!

hotaruchan Whoa, Lyme Disease? That sucks. :( It's treatable though right? Try not to worry about any gain caused by it, and it's not a true reflection of your progress. Get better first, then get back to the challenge! :hug:

Rie Is 1380 what MFP is telling you for net cals or total? I'd be wary of going much lower, but then I eat like a horse!

nonameslob
05-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Marnia I totally understand. I almost waited to add strength until after I got below 200 (because I just mentally SO MUCH wanted to be under that) but decided to start now anyway for other reasons. Whatever you decide to do will be a perfectly good decision. Congratulations on all you've lost so far. That is amazing! You will get to where you want to be soon enough!

themilesawaygirl Thanks! We got this!

skittlesfirehawk
05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
so excited im starting a new gym with stuff i can actually do

Riestrella
05-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Marnia - If you have a goal, then by all means do your best to achieve it. Although personally I believe happiness isn't a number, it's how you feel. I still think you can sculpt the best body of your life with strength training! But that's me ;p

milesaway - Glad you're back! Pretty sure the 1380 is my net calories, not my overall. Though I still get confused by this stuff! If I burn calories then I'm allowed to eat them back, so that's good.

Marniadec
05-07-2014, 08:54 AM
themilesawaygirl I said that wrong. You can build muscle but if you also need to lose fat in order to see it, you have to cut. I have trouble explaining this in english for some reason. I've been off and on for the past two weeks, too. The thinner you are, it really gets more difficult to even want to try to lose weight.

nonameslob thanks! For me, it's not that I won't lose as fast as I do now. I have Hashimoto's and chronic severe iron deficiency. When I add ST, I get tired too quickly and I give up. That's why I wanted to at least stop dieting, so I wouldn't do a half-a$$ed job for a little and then give up. If it's about how slowly or quickly you'll lose, you shouldn't even think about it. NSV are more important than the scale. Unless you need to participate in challenges in order to stay on track, like I do. That's another reason I'm not working out. I'd be up every day due to water retention, I wouldn't do well in challenges and I'd give up. Nothing motivates me as much as challenges do.

So, here's what I've decided to do: I ordered a caliper which will arrive in the next few days. I'll definitely lose another 600 gr, so I won't stop at 63,6 and then I'll measure my bodyfat and figure out what to do next. My ultimate goal is <=20% fat, so if I'm close to that I'll start working out. If not, I'll just figure it out from there.

I've read that the less fat you have the less sagging you'll have and that you have to get to <=20% in order to really see how much loose skin you have. My progress so far seems to support that.

I used to think that I'd end up looking like I had bariatric surgery and that I'd have to go on a tv show so I could get plastic surgery for free because I'd never be able to afford it. :p I used to exercise at home and seeing what i thought was loose skin on my legs grossed me out, ngl. But I swear I look way better now. There's some loose skin on my lower abdomen and at the top of my inner arms and thighs and that's it. It's nothing compared to what I expected. And I'm not even exercising!

So, I want to get really low bodyfat, see what I'm left with, maintain for a while and decide if I need surgery based on my progress. Because, apparently, you also need to wait 1-2 years for the skin to snap back. And then if I think that I'm too thin, I'll gain back some weight.

Riestrella
05-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Week 6 chart! Lots of people not weighing in this week :(. Please keep the spreadsheet updated!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week6_zps585608d0.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week6_zps585608d0.jpg.html)

nonameslob
05-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Marniadec That sounds like a great plan. I can imagine it might get frustrating waiting those 2 years, but I've heard the skin really can do amazing things if you let it. Plus, you're young (I'm assuming, since this is the 20 somethings area!) so I would bet your skin will adjust nicely :)

Wow, today is the beginning of Week 7, almost halfway through! If I remember to, I might throw the bathing suit back on and take a mid-way picture to see if I notice a change, especially since I've been doing weight training for a few weeks now. I must say, it's pretty motivating to see my name in the top 10 of that chart every week, even when I feel like I'm not doing well as I should.

skittlesfirehawk
05-18-2014, 10:27 AM
joined a new gym again.My mom is sick so i can only go to the gym once a week maybe while i take her to appointments and stuff.

Riestrella
05-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Week 7 Chart everyone...but, WOW! A lot of people got moved to standby this week because they haven't entered their weight for more than 2 weeks! If any of you are out there and haven't been keeping the spreadsheet updated, post in this thread to say you want back in and I'll move your information back into the main spreadsheet.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week7_zpsee274dc6.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week7_zpsee274dc6.jpg.html)

MauiKai
05-19-2014, 07:54 AM
I am stuck up and down the same half a pound or so it seems. Sigh.

nonameslob
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
skittlesfirehawk I hope your mom starts feeling better. Take care of yourself, though, too.

MauiKai That's been the same for me lately, gah! I started out with awesome losses and now I keep getting stuck.

Really hoping to reach the magical land of Oneder this week :P

Marniadec
05-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Oh s*it, I completely forgot. I was supposed to weigh in on Sunday but we had elections this week and all my cousins were here to vote. Unfortunately, I lost on the dice and I had the stupid cousin stay with me. This was the weekend from ****.

We also had this thing about my brother on Saturday. Good thing the entire family and all my friends were here...

I reached 63 kg at last. I finally managed to get the stupid courier company to send me the da*n caliper. It will be here tomorrow. It left the store I ordered it from on May 8th and it should have arrived within three days at the most. FFS. That's about all I have time for. Hope everyone is doing well!

PostWeddingsmallsize
05-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Guess I missed two weeks can I come back on?

skittlesfirehawk
05-20-2014, 05:39 PM
i cant belive im second.Im feeling down on myself because it feels like before the weight was falling off and this time for some reason its taking longer

Riestrella
05-21-2014, 02:58 AM
Guess I missed two weeks can I come back on?

You're back in the game! PLEASE enter a weight before Monday so you don't get moved back to Standby!

Dottington
05-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Finally into the 130s! :carrot: Think I actually might make my goal for this challenge :)

skittlesfirehawk
05-25-2014, 11:58 AM
no weigh in for me today im skipping due to eating to much yesterday and not liking the scale

Riestrella
05-26-2014, 02:40 AM
No change to our top 5 this week! Here is the week 8 chart =)

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week8_zps15265049.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week8_zps15265049.jpg.html)

MrsDeenz
05-27-2014, 12:53 AM
My computer broke a few weeks back but I got a new one so I'm officially back. Put me back in coach, I'm ready! :dance: :D

Riestrella
05-27-2014, 02:58 AM
My computer broke a few weeks back but I got a new one so I'm officially back. Put me back in coach, I'm ready! :dance: :D

You're back in!! Please enter an up to date weight so you don't get moved to standby again =)

nonameslob
05-27-2014, 09:33 AM
I made it into Onederland, and am now just 5.2 pounds away from my goal (of 15), with about 6 weeks left? I got this! Although I do have vacation and a "diet break" in there, so we'll see, but feeling good. I put my bathing suit back on last week and could see a bit of a difference, which definitely boosted my spirits. I keep going from stalling to losing to stalling and back to losing, which is frustrating, but it feels good when the weight actually comes off.

How's everyone else doing? Welcome back MrsDeenz!

Riestrella
05-27-2014, 10:14 AM
I made it into Onederland, and am now just 5.2 pounds away from my goal (of 15), with about 6 weeks left? I got this! Although I do have vacation and a "diet break" in there, so we'll see, but feeling good. I put my bathing suit back on last week and could see a bit of a difference, which definitely boosted my spirits. I keep going from stalling to losing to stalling and back to losing, which is frustrating, but it feels good when the weight actually comes off.

How's everyone else doing? Welcome back MrsDeenz!

:woohoo: You made into Onederland! Congrats!! You can definitely achieve your goal if you put in the hard work. What is it that makes you stall in the first place? Or do you mean despite your efforts your weight loss stalls?

Things are good with me! I've finally come to terms with gaining weight over the past few years, which has really helped with my attitude towards my weight. I've been taking it slow, counting calories and working out 3 times. I'm on my last week of working out 3 x a week then I'll bump it up to 4 x a week for 4 weeks. But I've lost 2 lbs since I started regularly exercising again, so I'm happy with the progress, despite how slow it is!

nonameslob
05-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Riestrella, thanks! I just think it's the trend with how I'm losing lately, regardless of my efforts. For the last month or so, I seem to hold steady at a weight for a few weeks, and then drop. Whereas before it was more steady.

Great job with your own loss so far. Nothing wrong with slow (though I know it can be frustrating!). Hopefully it will equal long-term success for you :)

MauiKai
05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Still just sitting in my stall. Bleh

nonameslob
05-30-2014, 03:35 PM
With Memorial Day passed, summer is here unofficially! How's everyone feeling about their "bikini-ready" goals? I have no plans to get into a bathing suit soon, but I'm glad I won't be squeezing into mine this year. They should fit perfectly.

I am a bit nervous about my "diet break" coming up during my vacation, so if I can reach my goal early I will feel better about that. Hopefully I will manage to maintain for those two weeks, and re-set my body from months of dieting. I can always reduce the break to one week if I decide it's not working for me the way I thought it would.

MrsDeenz
05-30-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm far from bikini ready but... I'm ok with it. I'm focusing on the fact that I've lost 20 lbs until now and I will continue to lose. I fitting into my clothing better and I'm feeling better - mentally and physically - so I'm ok with it. I'll be bikini ready for next summer (hopefully). :)

Riestrella
06-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I weighed 163.5 lbs this week, which means I'm 1.5 lbs down since I started weighing in for this challenge! Not that impressive considering I managed to gain during my epic scale break, but I'm happy with the shift. The boyfriend bought a new hat for me as a reward for working out 3x a week for 3 weeks today, I love it!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/Snapshot_20140601_1_zpsd5b6a33f.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/Snapshot_20140601_1_zpsd5b6a33f.jpg.html)

----------

noname - I used to stall for a long while once I started a new rigorous exercise routine, then suddenly I would drop! It was always frustrating waiting for the drop to happen. I'm hoping by the time I go on holiday to Spain I can be somewhat close to what I weighed when I last went on holiday with my family. I adjusted my goal weight for the challenge due to my scale break, was hoping to lose a lot more but hey ho life happens. Diet breaks are always tricky! I'm all for living life and having fun, but I think you need to mentally prepare yourself for the fact that you will most probably gain. If you're ok with that, then have fun! But if you know you'll be crazy disappointed then try and do your best for 2/3 meals in a day.

MrsD - A great attitude to have! Definitely be happy with the accomplishments you've made so far.

Hoopty
06-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Hey Riestrella, could you put me back on the sheet? I always forget to put in my weight but I still wanna do this challenge :) Your hat looks super cute on you! Your boyfriend is definitely a keeper :) And of course- congrats on the loss!! :cheer:

skittlesfirehawk
06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
i need to push myself back into high gear.Im going to be going to the gym 3 days a week on schedule i hope.I need to revamp my eating and start loosing every week

skittlesfirehawk
06-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Riestrella i hope you will make another challenge after this one is over

Riestrella
06-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Hey Riestrella, could you put me back on the sheet? I always forget to put in my weight but I still wanna do this challenge :) Your hat looks super cute on you! Your boyfriend is definitely a keeper :) And of course- congrats on the loss!! :cheer:

Welcome back! You're back in the spreadsheet! Please enter a weight asap so you can stay in the challenge.
Thanks a lot! Usually I feel a bit silly in hats but I really like this one.

skittles - I'll be doing a Halloween challenge next! I tend to run these throughout the year!

Riestrella
06-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Week 9 Chart everyone!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week9_zps74892f00.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week9_zps74892f00.jpg.html)

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Riestrella Life does happen! But you look great and it sounds like you're back on track. I love the that.

I'm not okay with gaining during a diet break, but I am okay with maintaining. It will be a fairly active vacation, so I should be able to eat "normally" without gaining. Plus we'll be camping/hiking for three days and won't be able to bring any more food than is necessary. I think I will see how it goes on vacation (1 week), weigh when I get back, and then decide if I want to continue on the second week.

levoguette - I'm not sure if you post in here besides your weight, but I just wanted to say WOW. You are doing awesome!

levoguette
06-02-2014, 06:04 PM
levoguette - I'm not sure if you post in here besides your weight, but I just wanted to say WOW. You are doing awesome!

I used to post a bit more but sort of dropped off the radar because of being super busy with school but have kept posting to keep myself accountable.

I'm really happy with my progress but I have definitely had my slip ups. I think I owe most of my weight loss to increasing my day to day activity (walking around more and taking the stairs) and trying to completely eliminate wheat.

Now that school is over though and I spent most of this weekend moving and doing road trips, my diet was ruined. Eek... I knew I was going to eat some unhealthy fast food because of the road trips, but now I'm having the worst cravings all day long. Probably from eating too many white carbs and sugary things over the last few days in addition to it being the week before TOM. :( Hopefully I can get myself back on track starting tomorrow, although it'll be a tough one since I'm visiting my parents this week and they always have tempting foods in the house.

I'm moving into an apartment that has a kitchen. (Goodbye college meal plan!) Any good quick oven recipes you guys would recommend? Especially maybe some new ways to cook veggies?

Hotaruchan
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Wow, was it ever easier to lose weight when I wasn't a cubicle monkey...not complaining about 7 lbs going away, but definitely not making my challenge goal at this rate :p

nonameslob
06-04-2014, 09:24 AM
levoguette Did you graduate or are you just done for the summer? Congrats on the new place! It will be awesome to be in control of your food. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

As for oven recipes, I hate to use the oven in the summer (sometimes will use the toaster oven instead) but I love roasted veggies of all kinds. Roasted broccoli with lemon and garlic is a favorite in my house. Roasted peppers with onions, roasted asparagus...You could really throw your favorite veggies into a pyrex, top it with some seasoned meat or seafood if you like, and cook it all together and call it a day.

Hotaruchan lol @ cubicle monkey! I feel you! You're doing awesome, though, so keep doing whatever you're doing! I also see you're really close to goal so that could certainly have something to do with it?

I've been kind of lazy lately. Still sticking to my eating plan and getting to the gym, but I just don't have the energy to go full force into a workout. I dunno what's up. Vacation is in less than two weeks though, and after that I think I'm going to revisit my workout plan and bump up the strength routine. We're going to do a long hike this weekend so I can break in my new shoes before vacation (it's going to suck wearing winter boots in the heat here to break them in, but worth it for hiking in the snow in CO!)

All that aside, it seems like the weight is wooshing off lately, at a higher rate and more consistently than in the past. Hopefully I'll keep that up!

Riestrella
06-04-2014, 09:26 AM
noname - I think the general mistake people make on vacation isn't so much food - it's booze! It really adds up but it's almost an integral part of being on vacation. I think it's definitely possible to maintain, so good luck!

levo - It's so great to hear from you! I know what you mean about those bad cravings, hang in there you can resist! As for veggie meals, I like to make vegetable fajitas. I use zucchini, red & yellow peppers and onion and make my own fajita mix (http://busycooks.about.com/od/homemademixes/r/fajitaseasonmix.htm) and if you can find a whole grain tortillas then even better! I also like to make vegetable curry, also sweet potato mash is yummy! My house mate make cous cous stuffed peppers too, I've never personally made it but it was yummy! I'm really bad at veggie dishes though, I'm still learning :o

Hotaru - Considering how close you are to your goal and how high you are in the challenge chart I will not allow you to complain!! You are doing awesome and while being a cubicle monkey may make things harder you are definitely on the right track!

levoguette
06-05-2014, 01:31 PM
levoguette Did you graduate or are you just done for the summer? Congrats on the new place! It will be awesome to be in control of your food. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

As for oven recipes, I hate to use the oven in the summer (sometimes will use the toaster oven instead) but I love roasted veggies of all kinds. Roasted broccoli with lemon and garlic is a favorite in my house. Roasted peppers with onions, roasted asparagus...You could really throw your favorite veggies into a pyrex, top it with some seasoned meat or seafood if you like, and cook it all together and call it a day.

I'm just done for the summer. I'm spending the summer interning, and I'm staying at an intern housing / dorm type of place at a university in that city, but I have access to a kitchen. It's an apartment style dorm.
After the summer, I'll be going back to college in the fall, but I will have my own apartment rather than living on campus! Yay! :carrot: Can't wait!

Thank you both (nonameslob and Riestrella) for the recipe ideas! I'll have to try some out. The roasted veggies with lemon and garlic as well as the fajitas sound delicious!
I love pinterest for recipes, so I have been looking on there as well for ideas, but it's hard not to run into craving-inducing cookie pictures! Ha!

skittlesfirehawk
06-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Summer is approaching and I am nowhere near bikini ready.ugggh I need to get to the gym

Riestrella
06-09-2014, 06:29 AM
Week 10 Chart!! 5 weeks left!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week10_zpsd8520546.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week10_zpsd8520546.jpg.html)

nonameslob
06-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Well, today is my last weigh-in for this thread before my vacation and diet/scale break! Four weeks to go and three pounds until my goal. Feeling really good about these past couple of months. I've done better in this challenge than in any part of my weight loss so far. I just hope I can keep it up through the summer and fall. Should be reasonable since I'm averaging a pound a week.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep it up!

Riestrella
06-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Well, today is my last weigh-in for this thread before my vacation and diet/scale break! Four weeks to go and three pounds until my goal. Feeling really good about these past couple of months. I've done better in this challenge than in any part of my weight loss so far. I just hope I can keep it up through the summer and fall. Should be reasonable since I'm averaging a pound a week.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep it up!

Congratulations on how far you've come so far, I really hope to see you when you get back! A lot of people go on vacation and never return to the forum...it's so sad! I'll be running a Halloween challenge shortly after this one is over, so I hope you find continued success by participating =). It's always an amazing feeling to see that the challenges help people in some way or another.

As for me, I'm on another scale break since I'm at the boyfriend's again! I managed to get down to 163.1 lbs, which was just a 0.4 lb drop from the previous week and a 1.9 lbs drop since I started participating in the challenge. Not my best result but considering how much I was slacking in the first few months of the challenge it's not surprising!

nonameslob
06-10-2014, 09:02 AM
If I'm not back here by the end of June, flood my inbox with messages! All of you! I would hate hate hate to be that person. I AM NOT going back to where I was and no vacation is going to stall me from losing this weight! Plus, I think I still have at least one weigh-in at the end of this challenge after my vacation so I HAVE to come back for that, right? ;) (in hindsight, I think I phrased my post like I wasn't coming back to weigh-in here, whoops!).

Over two pounds in just a couple of weeks is fantastic! Keep going! You could easily be in the 150s in just a week or so :D New decades are always motivating. Do you find having a scale to be motivating? If so, could you get a scale for your bf's place?

Riestrella
06-10-2014, 10:08 AM
If I'm not back here by the end of June, flood my inbox with messages! All of you! I would hate hate hate to be that person. I AM NOT going back to where I was and no vacation is going to stall me from losing this weight! Plus, I think I still have at least one weigh-in at the end of this challenge after my vacation so I HAVE to come back for that, right? ;) (in hindsight, I think I phrased my post like I wasn't coming back to weigh-in here, whoops!).

Over two pounds in just a couple of weeks is fantastic! Keep going! You could easily be in the 150s in just a week or so :D New decades are always motivating. Do you find having a scale to be motivating? If so, could you get a scale for your bf's place?

Roger that!

Short answer is no. I'm about to leave Japan so there would be no point buying an additional scale for his place. I also don't want to bring my scale to his because of the busy Japanese trains! I do find it keeps me in check if I don't let the number mess with my head, if I have a bad day and see the increase I know I need to kick myself up the arse and get back on track!

levoguette
06-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Eeeek, have been eating so badly this week! Sandwich and fries for lunch everyday for the past week. Need to find some healthy places to eat around work, but I just cannot bring myself to eat green salads. I'll eat other veggies, but lettuce, I just can't take the texture and flavor.
But on the bright side I'm down 3 lbs from my last weigh in 3 weeks ago. Can't believe there's only 4 weeks left to the challenge! Highly doubt I'll be able to make up for the last few weeks and reach my goal in time. :(

Hotaruchan
06-15-2014, 07:39 AM
I need to get a new watch battery for my scale so I missed this week's weigh, but I DID need to get a new bathing suit for a graduation party yesterday. It's not a bikini (it's about the longest tankini I've ever seen--if I'm standing still with my arms down it looks like a one piece), but both parts ARE size 4. I've been in size 4 pants for over a year, but I have broad shoulders and a barrel chest, so tops are still usually on the cusp of Small and Medium.

I thought I'd need about an 8, so I drove the poor girl at the dressing room nuts for about 20 minutes trying to figure out the right size.

Riestrella
06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
We're so close to the end! Here's week 11 chart, let's push it to the limit to the very end!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week11_zpse3ef7430.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week11_zpse3ef7430.jpg.html)

levoguette
06-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Finally weighed in today and WOAH -- I lost 4 lbs this week. You know what, I think I'm liking this new city life, I think I should stay here instead of going back to my school town!!!
I will admit, up until now the majority of my weight loss has been thanks to nutrition and getting my crazy pcos hormones in check. I dont currently have an established exercise routine, but earlier this year I decided to start taking the stairs rather than the elevator regularly. Now that I'm working this summer in a big city, I have been walking around most everywhere. I walk to work daily, and it is about a .6 mile walk to work. Powerwalking that 2x a day means I've been walking at least 1.2 miles a DAY! NO WONDER EVERYONE IS SO SKINNY HERE!!! ...Which has been a good thing, since it has been keeping my diet in check, and a terrible thing because my self esteem is below average currently.

But this is awesome! Now I'm wondering how I can incorporate more walking into my daily schedule once I go back to school in September.

I hope all of you have been having a good week!

skittlesfirehawk
06-23-2014, 09:36 AM
i need to be taken off standby 163

Riestrella
06-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Heyo! How is everyone doing??

I don't have a scale here so I don't think I'll be able to participate in this challenge to the very end...I will do my best to bring the scale I have to the boyfriends (which is pretty much where I'll be living for the next month) but if not then there'll be the Halloween challenge for my to really stick my teeth into!

MauiKai
06-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Still stuck.

nonameslob
06-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Diet break is actually going well and will officially end Monday. I'm actually down 2 pounds from my last weigh-in on here (though that's from before I started my break) and I've maintained that weight so far. So that puts me one pound away from my goal for this challenge! It's felt really good to eat at maintenance, but I will also be glad to get back to losing. Hopefully this break works the way it's supposed to and reset my metabolism a bit and losing will be easier when I start back up :)

levoguette
06-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Traveling this weekend, so no weigh in for me since I dont have my scale. I hope everyone is doing well!

Riestrella
07-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Week 13 chart everyone! Just 2 weeks to go!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week13_zps536010b6.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week13_zps536010b6.jpg.html)

nonameslob
07-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I made my goal! And one more week to go. Very proud of myself, as my typical loss is usually less than a pound a week and I set my goal at 15 pounds for 15 weeks. Yippee! Hopefully I can keep this up and the next forty pounds will go quicker than the last.

Hope everyone else is doing well this close to the end.

skittlesfirehawk
07-06-2014, 07:55 PM
im 163 i am so fing over the 160s.I want to drop and keep dropping darn it.

Riestrella
07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I made my goal! And one more week to go. Very proud of myself, as my typical loss is usually less than a pound a week and I set my goal at 15 pounds for 15 weeks. Yippee! Hopefully I can keep this up and the next forty pounds will go quicker than the last.

Hope everyone else is doing well this close to the end.

Congratulations!! That's amazing! Did you have a good vacation?

Riestrella
07-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Week 14 chart everyone! ONE WEEK TO GO!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week14_zpsc749ea60.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week14_zpsc749ea60.jpg.html)

nonameslob
07-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Congratulations!! That's amazing! Did you have a good vacation?

I did, thank you!

I'm really glad I took those "before" pictures for this thread. I'm not sure I'll end up sharing them publicly, but I really didn't think I'd be able to see a difference. Sure enough, 15 pounds is certainly noticeable in a bathing suit. I'm excited for my beach trip in a couple weeks.

levoguette, you have done amazing!!!

skittles, I know you can push yourself out of the 160s. Don't give up!

Riestrella
07-08-2014, 06:10 AM
I did, thank you!

I'm really glad I took those "before" pictures for this thread. I'm not sure I'll end up sharing them publicly, but I really didn't think I'd be able to see a difference. Sure enough, 15 pounds is certainly noticeable in a bathing suit. I'm excited for my beach trip in a couple weeks.

levoguette, you have done amazing!!!

skittles, I know you can push yourself out of the 160s. Don't give up!

Did you like Boulder?

Yeah, before pictures are a huge must for weight loss. I'm so happy I have pictures of me nearish to my heaviest (186 lbs is my first before pic). It's going to be so satisfying making a gif of me shrinking!

nonameslob
07-08-2014, 09:11 AM
You know what, we found Boulder to be kind of boring! Too much of a young, college town that felt like the town we live in. LOL We had TONS of good food (thanks for your suggestions! I can't remember which ones we went to from your list) and we went to the Celestial Seasonings factory, but other than that it was kind of blah. However, we LOVED Denver and decided that's where we will move. There was so much to do, so much going on, so many different neighborhoods depending on what you're in the mood for. I think eventually we'll want to move a bit closer to the mountains, but Denver was just so awesome and will be a great place to kind of get our bearings. Hiking was tons of fun and absolutely gorgeous. I posted some pictures in the "exercise as adventure" thread somewhere on this forum if you are interested! Sorry I was short earlier, typing on my tablet is a pain.

I LOVE the idea of the gif!!! My favorite "before and after" type of picture I saw was one where the girl laid the two pictures on top of each other (in a photo editor) and drew an outline of her "before" body over the "after" picture. It was such an awesome visual.