Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 05:36 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Beck Diet Tuesday Reality Check

If you have the thought [about practicing a diet skill], “Is this really going to make a difference?” remind yourself that the answer is YES, it does make a difference because every time has consequences for the next time and the time after that. If your goal is to lose weight and keep it off, then it DOES make a difference. You don’t even need to engage with that thought because it will only undermine your efforts. Remind yourself that it does make a difference and then move on.

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 06:08 AM
Good morning! Lisa you are up way early this morning!

And I like that quote. Every time we make a decision to stay OP counts in the long run. All those little decisions add up and actually take us where we want to go.

nicoleroper
03-18-2014, 06:48 AM
Good morning ladies! Someone asked on yesterday's daily chat about the timing of your snack. Does it matter?

kcdoe
03-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Good morning true true Lisa!!!! ;)
Hey I have a question, I know there is info on this but I couldn't find it. Spaghetti squash is this like corn just high in carbs so we can't have it? Some say depends on your coach?? Thoughts ???

IdealProteinNewbie
03-18-2014, 07:26 AM
Good morning true true Lisa!!!! ;)
Hey I have a question, I know there is info on this but I couldn't find it. Spaghetti squash is this like corn just high in carbs so we can't have it? Some say depends on your coach?? Thoughts ???

Sorry, wouldn't depend on your coach. It's not on the P1 sheet so it's a no-go.

I'm looking forward to it in maintenance though.

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Good morning ladies! Someone asked on yesterday's daily chat about the timing of your snack. Does it matter?

Most people have found that we must fit IP into our lives.

Some people eat dinner later than others so an afternoon snack works better.
Whatever works!

ems70508
03-18-2014, 09:23 AM
to all my veterans out there....did you ever just get sick and tired of eating on plan? wanted to change it up? i'm getting closer and closer to goal every week but just want to eat fruit again. have a slice of toast. i'm getting antsy! Guidance? My cousin was trying to convince me last night to start phasing off and just do WW. In my mind, that sounds glorious because I can just count points. But then I reminded myself that WW never worked before-too many temptations during a weight loss! I think it's a good idea for maintenance maybe. I need help to keep my motivation. I don't want to convince myself that phasing off is a good idea.....

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 09:37 AM
to all my veterans out there....did you ever just get sick and tired of eating on plan? wanted to change it up? i'm getting closer and closer to goal every week but just want to eat fruit again. have a slice of toast. i'm getting antsy! Guidance? My cousin was trying to convince me last night to start phasing off and just do WW. In my mind, that sounds glorious because I can just count points. But then I reminded myself that WW never worked before-too many temptations during a weight loss! I think it's a good idea for maintenance maybe. I need help to keep my motivation. I don't want to convince myself that phasing off is a good idea.....

Ems - I'm getting very close to phasing off and, yes, sometimes I'm just sick and tired of eating on plan and want something different. That's when I hit the recipe threads! And I have to have a talk with myself - I haven't put in all this time and hard work to not finish it up.

Hang in there, you are getting so close to goal - when I got within 5 lbs of my goal and then stayed there for a couple of weeks I was seriously asking myself the same questions you are. I'm so glad I decided to stick with it. I think it's normal to start getting antsy the closer we get but just think of it as strengthening your determination muscle!

drd1961
03-18-2014, 09:38 AM

Of course, but remember, you have the rest of your life to have the fruit or grain, just hang in there and you will get there!

ems70508
03-18-2014, 09:47 AM
yall are right. I just got off the phone with a close friend who said the same thing. Her first thought was actually quite funny. she said "I don't know how you've done it for the last 6 months but don't stop now!"

65X65
03-18-2014, 09:51 AM

Ems--you already know the closer you get to goal..the slower it goes...and the resolve needed sometimes wears thin! You may be feeling that from time to time at this point. There is diet fatigue...which is your body and physiology screaming enough already...but there is also your mind. My time on this forum has shown me over and over that there seems to be a moment when we long-termers start running on empty mentally, esp if we have had a high degree of success. Usually I believe we start reading of these feelings from each other around the 6 month mark. This is not scientific..(!!!). Just a pattern I've seen more than once...and one I felt myself experiencing, at about the 6 month mark. Some folks reevaluate their goal...some rotate off for a while with the intention of returning...and some keep on trucking. The number on the scale is only one measure of where we should weigh in.. Are you exercising? Building and retaining your lean muscle? (A good thing at this point...but the scale will not show those continuous pound drops as you know. Instead...you keep losing inches and it can be pretty consistent and very noticeable with NO scale change happening at all) More important...how do the clothes you have fit? Are you in the size you want to be in yet?? You are tall, so there is a lot of room to layer that lean muscle and look good. (Always wanted a pair of long lean legs...) However, your BMI is still not quite in the normal range...do you want to consider that or not? Many feel the BMI numbers push to unrealistic low a weight for some body types and it has nothing to do with height and also using BMI can be something that is not one you can maintain.

I'd suggest stick with being on plan a while longer...but maybe it's time to schedule a visit with your physician and discuss your end point. Get some blood work (and bask in good results)...that may motivate you for a little while longer...or that process may tell you you are done. You have adhered and given this a magnificent effort up til now. Know there will possibly be some pounds regained with glycogen restore no matter what you decide for your end to IP, more dieting using another method and maintenance.

Many use the size of their clothing as the real gauge of being ready to phase off. You will also need to think out how you will go it for maintenance...lo carb? calories? Points? Increased exercise? You know a plan of maintenance for life that you can live with needs to be part of your world ... make sure you spend some time figuring that part out before you go off.

I'd really have liked to lose another 6-8 pounds (like 10-12 for someone taller than me...) but had to phase off for medical reasons...and giving my body a rest was pretty much mandatory. Others have had that challenge too for a variety of reasons. I can tell you once the active phase of IP is done you will find a lot of joy in life which has been back-burnered. You will have mental space for things you love and for new endeavors. Be ready for those challenges and the excitement of reclaiming what is yours....being ready for that takes planning and thought too.

Good luck...

michy1979
03-18-2014, 09:55 AM
So i've decided to do ip again, second time around. I went in to get some ip food and discovered they are not selling any of the products anymore. so i bought what i could from them, which wasnt very much left there, and now I dont have anywhere to get ip stuff, unless i order it online. Does anyone know if there are any alternatives I can use that I can get in Canada, since now there is no where for me to buy here?

ems70508
03-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Ems--you already know the closer you get to goal..the slower it goes...and the resolve needed sometimes wears thin! You may be feeling that from time to time at this point. There is diet fatigue...which is your body and physiology screaming enough already...but there is also your mind. My time on this forum has shown me over and over that there seems to be a moment when we long-termers start running on empty mentally, esp if we have had a high degree of success. Usually I believe we start reading of these feelings from each other around the 6 month mark. This is not scientific..(!!!). Just a pattern I've seen more than once...and one I felt myself experiencing, at about the 6 month mark. Some folks reevaluate their goal...some rotate off for a while with the intention of returning...and some keep on trucking. The number on the scale is only one measure of where we should weigh in.. Are you exercising? Building and retaining your lean muscle? (A good thing at this point...but the scale will not show those continuous pound drops as you know. Instead...you keep losing inches and it can be pretty consistent and very noticeable with NO scale change happening at all) More important...how do the clothes you have fit? Are you in the size you want to be in yet?? You are tall, so there is a lot of room to layer that lean muscle and look good. (Always wanted a pair of long lean legs...) However, your BMI is still not quite in the normal range...do you want to consider that or not? Many feel the BMI numbers push to unrealistic low a weight for some body types and it has nothing to do with height and also using BMI can be something that is not one you can maintain.

I'd suggest stick with being on plan a while longer...but maybe it's time to schedule a visit with your physician and discuss your end point. Get some blood work (and bask in good results)...that may motivate you for a little while longer...or that process may tell you you are done. You have adhered and given this a magnificent effort up til now. Know there will possibly be some pounds regained with glycogen restore no matter what you decide for your end to IP, more dieting using another method and maintenance.

Many use the size of their clothing as the real gauge of being ready to phase off. You will also need to think out how you will go it for maintenance...lo carb? calories? Points? Increased exercise? You know a plan of maintenance for life that you can live with needs to be part of your world ... make sure you spend some time figuring that part out before you go off.

I'd really have liked to lose another 6-8 pounds (like 10-12 for someone taller than me...) but had to phase off for medical reasons...and giving my body a rest was pretty much mandatory. Others have had that challenge too for a variety of reasons. I can tell you once the active phase of IP is done you will find a lot of joy in life which has been back-burnered. You will have mental space for things you love and for new endeavors. Be ready for those challenges and the excitement of reclaiming what is yours....being ready for that takes planning and thought too.

Good luck...

65, thank you for that. I do feel like my mind is screaming ENOUGH ALREADY! It is around the 6.5 month mark for me. My goal in regards to a number is 160. My real goal is to wear a bathing suit confidently. Whether that be at 170, 165, 160..we shall see. It's definitely not right now. I'm in a size 10 but would love to be a 6 or 8. Don't know if that's realistic. My cousin and I are built identically and she weighs 155 and is a size 6, sometimes 8. My new coach measures every 3 weeks. I loved getting measured every week because I always saw more results in it. She said because our body changes so much with bloating, etc...she doesn't like to measure every week. The way she looks at the measuring is how I look at the scale. It can change so much throughout the day.

I do exercise. Pilates (2xweek) Yoga (2xweek) and recently I've been getting in about 10,000 steps/day with my fitbit.

I did blood work on 1/2/2014. My results shocked my doctor (Wahoo!) but she still wanted me to keep loosing. Of course, I was 199 when I saw her then. I told her I wanted to get to 160 and she liked that. I also have PCOS so whatever I do for maintenance needs to keep that in mind. My blood work showed high levels of testosterone. They think it's because of the amount of soy i'm eating. They want to retest a few months after I finish IP to make sure it goes down. They are not worried about it enough for me to stop IP.

I was trying to convince myself this AM that I needed to phase off now and learn my new way of eating so that I can loose weight and eat normally. Why must I try to tell myself that? Obviously it hasn't worked in the past. This is what works. I just need to dive into the recipe thread and spice up my meals some more!

tabletop1234
03-18-2014, 10:19 AM
So i've decided to do ip again, second time around. I went in to get some ip food and discovered they are not selling any of the products anymore. so i bought what i could from them, which wasnt very much left there, and now I dont have anywhere to get ip stuff, unless i order it online. Does anyone know if there are any alternatives I can use that I can get in Canada, since now there is no where for me to buy here?

Michy,
Go to www.idealprotein.com and find another clinic, there has to be another one not too far. Good luck doing it again! I'm doing it for the second time around and so far so good! Don't let yourself fail again. I learned I had to stop with the excuses and just go with it!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/180/145/173.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
W1: -6.8

65X65
03-18-2014, 10:31 AM
65, thank you for that. I do feel like my mind is screaming ENOUGH ALREADY! It is around the 6.5 month mark for me. My goal in regards to a number is 160. My real goal is to wear a bathing suit confidently. Whether that be at 170, 165, 160..we shall see. It's definitely not right now. I'm in a size 10 but would love to be a 6 or 8. Don't know if that's realistic. My cousin and I are built identically and she weighs 155 and is a size 6, sometimes 8. My new coach measures every 3 weeks. I loved getting measured every week because I always saw more results in it. She said because our body changes so much with bloating, etc...she doesn't like to measure every week. The way she looks at the measuring is how I look at the scale. It can change so much throughout the day.

I do exercise. Pilates (2xweek) Yoga (2xweek) and recently I've been getting in about 10,000 steps/day with my fitbit.

I did blood work on 1/2/2014. My results shocked my doctor (Wahoo!) but she still wanted me to keep loosing. Of course, I was 199 when I saw her then. I told her I wanted to get to 160 and she liked that. I also have PCOS so whatever I do for maintenance needs to keep that in mind. My blood work showed high levels of testosterone. They think it's because of the amount of soy i'm eating. They want to retest a few months after I finish IP to make sure it goes down. They are not worried about it enough for me to stop IP.

I was trying to convince myself this AM that I needed to phase off now and learn my new way of eating so that I can lose weight and eat normally. Why must I try to tell myself that? Obviously it hasn't worked in the past. This is what works. I just need to dive into the recipe thread and spice up my meals some more!

You are doing so much right...you will make the right decision for you. Suggest you may need to do something above and beyond the normal things you do at the moment to pamper you, and as a reward for the effort so far. Let it be something that serves as a motivator to keep it up just a while longer. Depending on your budget...I suggest a bracelet...something you can wear every single day, look at it and KNOW what you've done...see it and touch it...then smile and keep going. Add a bead bracelet? One bead for each month, every 10 lbs??? Even the hobby stores have reasonable chains and offer a variety of inexpensive beads.....Even if you already have another bracelet....Start a new one. Only do beads for your mini goals related to this journey, what ever they were or still are. Wear it every day.

PS--If you want measured every week at this point that is YOUR call...not the clinic or the coach...smile and INSIST. If they are worth their salt they will not try to railroad what you need at this point. You are not a newbie...

ems70508
03-18-2014, 10:43 AM
That's a good idea. I'll have to run by Hobby Lobby and check it out! I think I will tell her that tomorrow. I need the measurements...I can do them myself with a friend!

JenJen444
03-18-2014, 11:27 AM

Hi Michy. Check out the Canada thread for ideas on products and where to get them. (I tend to buy online from lowcarbgrocery.com and well.ca, but lots of Canucks buy from Costco, Superstore/Loblaws, etc.)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html

Runner68girl
03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Awesome to start off my day to read the encouraging messages from everyone. Do any of you have recipes that you have tried and enjoyed? I do find following the IP program using alternatives, it is quite restrictive and I sometimes become bored with eating the same things.

mckaren4
03-18-2014, 12:48 PM
I saw a different Beck quote today:
Tuesday Reality Check:
It tends to only be when dieters are off track and struggling that they wonder, “Is it worth it to keep putting in the effort?” When they’re on track and feeling in control, they don’t struggle with this question. If you’re asking yourself, “Is it worth it?” remind yourself that once you’re back on track and feeling great, the answer is always YES

edited to add: having a senior moment
Lisa did post today's quote-its a good one!

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Still not feeling well today and since I stayed home from work I thought I'd try the IP zucchini muffins everyone talks about. I made two batches, ones with the IP maple oatmeal and I tried one with the IP chocolate pudding. The maple oatmeal ones were good, a little less salt, I think my pinch was too big. The chocolate pudding ones I threw out, the texture didn't come out right and maybe it's just cause I don't feel well but out they went. Now to see if I even hold anything down. I'm off to the store for some sugar free jello made with sucralose that someone told me about.

Rubygirl
03-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Beck Diet Tuesday Reality Check

If you have the thought [about practicing a diet skill], “Is this really going to make a difference?” remind yourself that the answer is YES, it does make a difference because every time has consequences for the next time and the time after that. If your goal is to lose weight and keep it off, then it DOES make a difference. You don’t even need to engage with that thought because it will only undermine your efforts. Remind yourself that it does make a difference and then move on.

Right on!!!! That is so true. Thanks for sharing that......I don't have the book but have been looking at it online.

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Still not feeling well today and since I stayed home from work I thought I'd try the IP zucchini muffins everyone talks about. I made two batches, ones with the IP maple oatmeal and I tried one with the IP chocolate pudding. The maple oatmeal ones were good, a little less salt, I think my pinch was too big. The chocolate pudding ones I threw out, the texture didn't come out right and maybe it's just cause I don't feel well but out they went. Now to see if I even hold anything down. I'm off to the store for some sugar free jello made with sucralose that someone told me about.
You used the dry pudding mix and not the pre-made pudding, yes?

My muffins turned out super weird last nite. I made banana (w/ banana pudding). Maybe I used too much baking powder.
They poofed up really big & then fell. Ended up hollow inside. Super weird. Never happened before. I'm eating them for lunch anyway (but I'm not sick)

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 01:38 PM
I saw a different Beck quote today:
Tuesday Reality Check:
It tends to only be when dieters are off track and struggling that they wonder, “Is it worth it to keep putting in the effort?” When they’re on track and feeling in control, they don’t struggle with this question. If you’re asking yourself, “Is it worth it?” remind yourself that once you’re back on track and feeling great, the answer is always YES

edited to add: having a senior moment
Lisa did post today's quote-its a good one!
When I post it before the Beck site has posted for the day, I just go back and get a previous one for a previous Tuesday reality check

They do Monday Motivation
Tuesday Reality Check
Wednesday Sabatage
Think Thin Thursday
Friday Weekend Warm up

catlady1981
03-18-2014, 01:50 PM

My muffins turned out super weird last nite. I made banana (w/ banana pudding). Maybe I used too much baking powder.
They poofed up really big & then fell. Ended up hollow inside. Super weird. Never happened before. I'm eating them for lunch anyway (but I'm not sick)

I learned from one of the videos that it's a good idea to beat the eggs and other ingredients with the whisk, but once you add the packet to use a spatula. My first attempt at muffins did the same as yours. I used the whisk for the whole recipe and they poofed up and then collapsed. Because I'm super cheap, I ate them any way. Once I stopped using the whisk, they come out dense and moist. They have become my new favorite.

dlr9774
03-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Just back from weigh in : down 3lbs - So Proud, Very Happy! Hard work, planning and restraint pays off! Tried the new IP MINT BAR! It's a nice treat!

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 01:59 PM
I learned from one of the videos that it's a good idea to beat the eggs and other ingredients with the whisk, but once you add the packet to use a spatula. My first attempt at muffins did the same as yours. I used the whisk for the whole recipe and they poofed up and then collapsed. Because I'm super cheap, I ate them any way. Once I stopped using the whisk, they come out dense and moist. They have become my new favorite.
Weird. I've been making them the exact same way for over a year and they've always come out fine (unless I underbaked them...user error!)
I've always whisked. I use my stand mixer. Beat the egg whites, add zucchini, baking powder & seasonings, & last mix in the packet(s). I typically make 4 batches at once

Just back from weigh in : down 3lbs - So Proud, Very Happy! Hard work, planning and restraint pays off!
yes. yes it does :)

nolasmurf
03-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Treated myself to a haircut today. Stepped outside the box and changed my style after wear ingot he same thing for at least 5 years

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 02:00 PM

Yes, I used the dry pudding mix, I ended up having to pull the oatmeal ones out of the muffin pan and I tried cooking the others longer, after about 10 minutes longer I didn't think it was going to help anymore. They had kind of a pudding consistency in the middle and then were really flaky and dry on the outside.

wildirishrose
03-18-2014, 02:23 PM
oh my gosh ya'll. So I attempted to be creative with lunch today. Never doing that again! I used strawberry pudding, mixed it to the consistency of pancake batter, and put it in my waffle maker. Or to be exact, my husbands waffle maker. It's still there. I have no idea how the heck I'm going to get the black chard remnants of it out. haha. oh if you don't laugh at yourself what can you do? I used the rest of the batter and put it in a skillet...cooked some rhubarb and combined them. It was really good! No more waffle irons for me though...lol!

GettinHealthyNow
03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Ems, I could have written your post, and you and I started IP within a week of each other way back in September. I am tired. And in the past month I have had slips. I am so close to my goal and have become too complacent. I told myself this weekend that it's time to STOP the slippage - just bear down, focus, and get it done and move on to P2 already. You and I are both so close - don't stop now. We can do it together!! :)

ems70508
03-18-2014, 03:15 PM
GettinHealthyNow, we can be each others cheerleaders! I know I'm going to stick to it. I know it would be doing wrong to myself to do otherwise. I used to work at a summer camp and we put such a strong emphasis on the kids about 'finishing the race'. We explained how it was important to finish, no matter the task. What they would relate it to was a huge swim meet we would have. We would explain how important it was to 'swim through the docks' and someone will catch you. Don't keep looking up to see how far you've gone, just swim until it's time to stop. It could be something at work, a track meet, a weight loss program, etc. So here I am, telling myself and the rest of you, to finish the race and swim through the dock!

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Ate some of the jello recommended to me (snack pack sugar free made with sucralose instead of aspartame. Made myself some cabbage soup, just need to eat my lunch IP and so far I'm managing to hold everything down, gotta wait about 30 more minutes to know for sure.

eandc2006
03-18-2014, 04:16 PM
EMS and GettingHealthy you girls are rockstars! I am so impressed with your determination and commitment thus far. Big kudos to you. I hope you all are celebrating the losses and enjoying the transformation even though you are not quite at goal yet because you both have came such a long way. And you are right, sooooooo close! I can attest that the closer it gets the harder it seems to be. Just know that we are all cheering you on! Yahooooo!

Mulse
03-18-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm doing the IP using alternatives. Is it okay to chat in this thread or is there a specific thread for it?

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm doing the IP using alternatives. Is it okay to chat in this thread or is there a specific thread for it?

Welcome! Many folks are using alternative products. Some started with a coach and switched when they learned the difference in price. Some have never had a coach. All are welcome.

catlady1981
03-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh my gosh! I just had my first bag of dill pickle zippers and I can't believe how good they are. I didn't realize I was missing salty/crunchy things. It reminded me of Cheetos though, with how messy they were. Finger lickin' good.

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Ems, I could have written your post, and you and I started IP within a week of each other way back in September. I am tired. And in the past month I have had slips. I am so close to my goal and have become too complacent. I told myself this weekend that it's time to STOP the slippage - just bear down, focus, and get it done and move on to P2 already. You and I are both so close - don't stop now. We can do it together!! :)
Welcome back to the horse:)

My issue was different. Long plateau burned me out from doing p1 nonstop after about 10 months. I mean, if all I'm gonna do is maintain, I'm doing it on p3 or 4...NOT 1 :)

That being said, I've done some interventions for some systems in my body so I, too, am back on the p1 horse. I'm giving it 6 weeks. If I'm mostly losing & the trend is down, I'll stick on it until goal. If not, I'll phase off again and we'll see what other physical interventions need to happen. It is ALL good because I'm healthier and healthier!

I agree with what others have said. You're still losing. Stick with it. Find some new recipes to get you excited again. Change it up & go for gold!

Awesome to start off my day to read the encouraging messages from everyone. Do any of you have recipes that you have tried and enjoyed? I do find following the IP program using alternatives, it is quite restrictive and I sometimes become bored with eating the same things.
Check the very first post of this thread for lots of links to recipe threads. It is super easy to get bored so variety is the name if the game.

Slipfree
03-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Ems, I am glad that you have already decided to stick it out. My initial reaction was h*ll no, do not stop now. The reason WW has not worked is tied to your PCOS and being insulin resistant. I am so proud of how far you have come. Your positive spirit and can do attitude has been refreshing on this thread. You are just in a slump. The fruit will be there when you are feeling awesome in that new bathing suit. I understand the fatigue, I have had to switch up my dinner choices lately, just to keep my interest. But I am determined to make it to at least 160. I am in control of what goes in my mouth. The food on program nourishes my body, the stuff from my mind is just craving chatter from my inner brat. This time- I chose not to listen. A good friend always says, shut it down.

Mulse
03-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Welcome! Many folks are using alternative products. Some started with a coach and switched when they learned the difference in price. Some have never had a coach. All are welcome.

Great! Thanks :) I would have done IP with a coach but there is no clinic in the drivable vicinity (I live in rural Canada) so I stalked here for ages until I felt ready enough to jump in. So, I'm going it alone.

How many carbs should I shoot for a day to stay in ketosis? I've been trying to keep my net carbs to 35g and less, but I'm unsure if that's too much or too little.

HulaChic
03-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Weight In #2 tomorrow! I'm always so nervous. I felt a little better yesterday and MUCH better today. Thank goodness!

I really appreciate the encouragement and support here on this forum. I've never been part of a forum before. I typically read through different ones...but I must say, this particular one here...it's very positive, helpful, encouraging, and even direct. I appreciate that, too.

ReenHag
03-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Just back from weigh in : down 3lbs - So Proud, Very Happy! Hard work, planning and restraint pays off! Tried the new IP MINT BAR! It's a nice treat!

Congrats! Hard work, planning, and restraint are the hallmarks of success on IP!

Treated myself to a haircut today. Stepped outside the box and changed my style after wear ingot he same thing for at least 5 years

Nice! Very cute!

Ems, I am right with you. Very close to goal, so the losses are slower, and eating on plan is definitely getting old at times. Part of me thinks it is self sabotage; someone mentioned this in the past, the idea of almost being afraid (subconsciously) to reach that goal, because then the really hard part starts...the rest of your life. Maintenance. The other part of me just thinks I am tired of the restrictions. I have tried some of the recipes, but they aren't for me, especially since I do not have many products around. I mainly have soups for lunch, bars for snacks, and the cereals for breakfast. I do like some puddings, but as puddings- no desire to change them into something else. Sometimes the veggies get bland LOL. And a smaller part of me maybe links it to the long, cold, difficult winter we have had. Who knows? Then there's stress, heavy workloads, etc.

The strange thing is that MOST OF THE TIME, I am just fine. I am satisfied with what I can have, and usually enjoy it! I just go through about an hour or so each afternoon where I just feel sick of P1. We can make it through! We are almost there! So, to sum it up, don't give up!

yall are right. I just got off the phone with a close friend who said the same thing. Her first thought was actually quite funny. she said "I don't know how you've done it for the last 6 months but don't stop now!"

Excellent advice from GettinHealthyNow and from your friend. Don't stop now! (I need to listen, too!)

Renee

Slipfree
03-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Nolasmurf, great new look!

Renee, how did you choose your goal? I remember that you wanted to be in a smaller size, are you there yet?

TurtleMom
03-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Weight In #2 tomorrow! I'm always so nervous. I felt a little better yesterday and MUCH better today. Thank goodness!

I really appreciate the encouragement and support here on this forum. I've never been part of a forum before. I typically read through different ones...but I must say, this particular one here...it's very positive, helpful, encouraging, and even direct. I appreciate that, too.

I agree -it is a great forum! It would be so much harder to do this without all the support. I'm sure you will do great tomorrow :D

Two nights in a row I have not been able to finish my evening meal. It is just too. much. food. I need to do some serious thinking about how I can rearrange things so the last meal isn't so daunting. I know I need the protein, but I don't sleep well with too-full-tummy-ache-itus! Advice appreciated.

Rubygirl
03-18-2014, 08:25 PM

Looks awesome.......good for you! Change is good

ChipnDip
03-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Two nights in a row I have not been able to finish my evening meal. It is just too. much. food. I need to do some serious thinking about how I can rearrange things so the last meal isn't so daunting. I know I need the protein, but I don't sleep well with too-full-tummy-ache-itus! Advice appreciated.

I wish I could help you but I look so forward to my evening meal and have no trouble with the protein at all. Beyond salad, pre IP I would eat veggies maybe twice a week so that is the part that is the worst for me. I am surprised how well I am adjusting though. I disliked veggies so much I the past I actually tried hypnosis to try and get over it! Their answer was for me to just find ones I liked and eat them more.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-18-2014, 08:39 PM

Don't forget you can split your meat between lunch and dinner.

Also, just making sure...you are measuring raw, correct?

ReenHag
03-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Nolasmurf, great new look!

Renee, how did you choose your goal? I remember that you wanted to be in a smaller size, are you there yet?

I am just going along to get where I get. I am seven or eight pounds below my original goal, but am still hanging in a size eight. I'd like to get to a six; I will stay in P1 for a little while longer and see what I see, I guess.

I agree -it is a great forum! It would be so much harder to do this without all the support. I'm sure you will do great tomorrow :D

This IS a Great forum full of supportive and uplifting people. I have learned from so many of you- your ups and downs, successes and struggles. Thanks for making this a safe place to share and grow.

Turtlemom, I used to struggle with the large dinners on IP, but I have definitely gotten used to them. They help me stay full all night. If it helps, perhaps have some of that protein with your lunch? Maybe an extra half cup or cup of veg with lunch, too? And if you are going to bed too soon after dinner, perhaps try moving your meal back an hour so you have more time to digest before bed. Good luck, whatever you try! Let us know how it goes!

Renee

karkrazy13
03-18-2014, 08:55 PM

I split my protein up every day :) I eat 2 oz. at lunch and 6 oz. at dinner. 6 oz. of protein plus veggies is still a lot for me to eat at one meal, but it's better than 8 oz. of protein plus veggies! ;)

Feel free to split your protein up :)

TurtleMom
03-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I wish I could help you but I look so forward to my evening meal and have no trouble with the protein at all. Beyond salad, pre IP I would eat veggies maybe twice a week so that is the part that is the worst for me. I am surprised how well I am adjusting though. I disliked veggies so much I the past I actually tried hypnosis to try and get over it! Their answer was for me to just find ones I liked and eat them more.

It took me a LONG time to actually eat veggies. Now I don't mind the veg so much,-it is the protein that is bothering me :p

Don't forget you can split your meat between lunch and dinner.

Also, just making sure...you are measuring raw, correct?

Yup, measuring raw. If I were to split the evening protein, would I still need a packet with lunch then, or make the packet an extra snack?

Jenny38
03-18-2014, 09:00 PM

Way to go dir:carrot:

GettinHealthyNow, we can be each others cheerleaders! I know I'm going to stick to it. I know it would be doing wrong to myself to do otherwise. I used to work at a summer camp and we put such a strong emphasis on the kids about 'finishing the race'. We explained how it was important to finish, no matter the task. What they would relate it to was a huge swim meet we would have. We would explain how important it was to 'swim through the docks' and someone will catch you. Don't keep looking up to see how far you've gone, just swim until it's time to stop. It could be something at work, a track meet, a weight loss program, etc. So here I am, telling myself and the rest of you, to finish the race and swim through the dock!

Ems and Gettinghealthynow so glad that you both have decided to "finish the race"! When I start getting sick of it I will come Bach and read today's chat. I'm just at 6 months now.

I have 7 more days of the weight loss challenge at my gym feeling good and so happy about my progress whether I win or not. I'm in for the long haul:)

IdealProteinNewbie
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Yup, measuring raw. If I were to split the evening protein, would I still need a packet with lunch then, or make the packet an extra snack?

You would still need to eat your "lunch" packet but, yes, you could have it at a later time.

TurtleMom
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
I am just going along to get where I get. I am seven or eight pounds below my original goal, but am still hanging in a size eight. I'd like to get to a six; I will stay in P1 for a little while longer and see what I see, I guess.

This IS a Great forum full of supportive and uplifting people. I have learned from so many of you- your ups and downs, successes and struggles. Thanks for making this a safe place to share and grow.

Turtlemom, I used to struggle with the large dinners on IP, but I have definitely gotten used to them. They help me stay full all night. If it helps, perhaps have some of that protein with your lunch? Maybe an extra half cup or cup of veg with lunch, too? And if you are going to bed too soon after dinner, perhaps try moving your meal back an hour so you have more time to digest before bed. Good luck, whatever you try! Let us know how it goes!

Renee

I split my protein up every day :) I eat 2 oz. at lunch and 6 oz. at dinner. 6 oz. of protein plus veggies is still a lot for me to eat at one meal, but it's better than 8 oz. of protein plus veggies! ;)

Feel free to split your protein up :)

Thanks! It certainly seems like splitting is the way to go :D

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 09:45 PM
So I have a question... I know we measure raw, and I always do. I've been making my food separate from my kids and making them other things (most of the time). My question is about these other times, for instance today made cauliflower rice and stir fried veggies and shrimp with soy sauce, amazing "Chinese food" which my kids love so I made a lot of it. The protein was easy to split I just counted out my shrimp but I put in a ton of veggies and made a pot of cauliflower rice so they could eat it too. So how do I measure after I've cooked, I kinda just guess at it, I mean part of me says it's not like too many veggies is the end of the world, but I know its better to be careful. I kind of eyeball it based on how much I made.

ColoradoCarol
03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
SMS, Gettinghealthynow and Reenhag - your posts ring so close to home. I have been on IP for 8 months - and I have been feeling diet fatigue as well.

65X65 and Ruth Ann - thank you so much for your words of words of wisdom. I have remained 100% OP, but I have been "re-evaluating" my goal. I picked an arbitrary #. I still want to lose more, and you get tired of the strictness of the protocol and want a change. But, I continue to work forwards. It is hard when the closer you get to goal the slower it comes off.

Onwards and "downwards". It's nice to know I am not the only one feeling this way

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 10:06 PM

Are you weighing/measuring everything raw?
8 oz meat cooked is way more than 8 oz raw and then cooked (it cooks down).
Same with veggies. 2 c. raw veggies cooks down quite a bit
If it is still too much then consider having some with lunch.

But if you do that, remember, 2 oz cooked meat at lunch isn't 2 oz raw meat.

If you added food to lunch, yes, you'd still need your 3 packets per day.

I also eat my dinner fairly early (5-5:30 ish). Not super full by bed time.

JLUS
03-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Great! Thanks :) I would have done IP with a coach but there is no clinic in the drivable vicinity (I live in rural Canada) so I stalked here for ages until I felt ready enough to jump in. So, I'm going it alone.

How many carbs should I shoot for a day to stay in ketosis? I've been trying to keep my net carbs to 35g and less, but I'm unsure if that's too much or too little.

WELCOME!

The way to follow IP on alternatives is to follow the IP phase 1 protocol sheet (always available in the first post of the Daily Chat thread). Follow it exactly, subbing the IP packets for nutritionally equivalent alternative products. When you follow IP protocol whether with IP products or alternatives, you really do not need to count carbs, calories, fats or anything! Following the protocol will keep you in the correct amount of everything. (Though someone may jump in here with the approximate numbers of each you will get on IP, you don't have to track them!)

HOWEVER... You DO need to know how to select appropriate IP alternative products. Find the thread Alternative Products That Work on Phase One and in the first post or so there is a graphic that shows exactly what the parameters are for selecting products based on calories, fat, carbs and protein, as well as what is non-restricted (2 per day) and what is restricted (1 per day). Then keep reading and make notes of what sounds good.

Also read ALL the posts you can and feel free to post questions after you have done lots of your research. Posting in Daily chat is a great place TO start!

Good luck and let us know how we can help!!

1102go
03-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Hello IP program followers! This is my 2nd week following the IP program. I have to say, I love the program. Initially, I was sceptical because of the restrictions and the packaged food. Now that I have taken the steps to be on IP, I am so happy that I did it! With my first week behind me, I feel energized and confident that I will lose this weight. For my first week, I measured 11.5" LESS. I weigh on my bathroom scale and they are saying I am moving in the right direction as well.

My question is to you experienced IP followers: when should I expect my body to reach KETOSIS?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out on this. I love this website and all the information that's on here.
:dizzy:

JLUS
03-18-2014, 10:31 PM
So I have a question... I know we measure raw, and I always do. I've been making my food separate from my kids and making them other things (most of the time). My question is about these other times, for instance today made cauliflower rice and stir fried veggies and shrimp with soy sauce, amazing "Chinese food" which my kids love so I made a lot of it. The protein was easy to split I just counted out my shrimp but I put in a ton of veggies and made a pot of cauliflower rice so they could eat it too. So how do I measure after I've cooked, I kinda just guess at it, I mean part of me says it's not like too many veggies is the end of the world, but I know its better to be careful. I kind of eyeball it based on how much I made.

First I would measure how many cups of veg you get from just rough-chopping the cauliflower. Then shred it and divide it into the same number as cups it measured. You could then measure one portion to see what it equals (maybe a quarter or third of a cup?) That is your allowable serving size.

It might be wise to measure your remaining veg raw and cook separate from your kids' portions so you know what your serving looks like (at least for awhile until it becomes second nature!)

I cook for just me and my husband and even though he isn't on IP, he eats exactly what I eat for meals when we are at home. So I just double measure, cook and divide!

JLUS
03-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Hello IP program followers! This is my 2nd week following the IP program. I have to say, I love the program. Initially, I was sceptical because of the restrictions and the packaged food. Now that I have taken the steps to be on IP, I am so happy that I did it! With my first week behind me, I feel energized and confident that I will lose this weight. For my first week, I measured 11.5" LESS. I weigh on my bathroom scale and they are saying I am moving in the right direction as well.

My question is to you experienced IP followers: when should I expect my body to reach KETOSIS?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out on this. I love this website and all the information that's on here.
:dizzy:

It seems to take around four or five days for most people's bodies to clear out the carbs and reach ketosis. Somewhere way back there is a thread with posted "symptoms" that tell you you are there. You can also google signs of ketosis. Some are BAD breath and icky mouth taste. Some get a metallic taste. Also your hunger will take a definite downturn which is a very helpful "side-effect!"

Fearciuil
03-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Well. Today was definitely a day where it was hard having my classroom next to the kitchen ... they were making one of my favorites for lunch (grilled cheese. I am definitely missing cheese right now.) I ate my IP lunch, but I was really hungry by the time lunch rolled around.

drd1961
03-19-2014, 05:04 AM
I am going to see my daughter today. We have not seen her since we took her to Ohare on January 8. We have skyped once, and phoned a couple of times, but she is very busy. We get to see her in a show and then we are caravaning back because she is coming home for a few days on spring break.

I am preparing a cooler and P3 is easy to travel on. I also am bringing my swim gear. The Y there takes away members for free which is nice.

65X65
03-19-2014, 05:45 AM
I am going to see my daughter today. We have not seen her since we took her to Ohare on January 8. We have skyped once, and phoned a couple of times, but she is very busy. We get to see her in a show and then we are caravaning back because she is coming home for a few days on spring break.

I am preparing a cooler and P3 is easy to travel on. I also am bringing my swim gear. The Y there takes away members for free which is nice.

drd...I remember us both commenting on the snow and sub zero temps back then as I had just returned from Chicago for the holidays...we have stayed away from flying into O hare and therefore not seen our kids either...too much bad weather and predictable flight delays over the last 2+ months to even think about it. But, now in process of making reservations to go for a week ...kid's ballet recital weekend in May (still 2 months away :cry::cry: though) and my GDs 12th B-day!

Hoping for it to be sunny by then. Yesterday my daughter said there is no sign of spring at the moment though. :(Just like here...we got another 5+ inches of snow on Monday...and we are not going to see spring temps for the near future around here. Not even a bud on the trees yet.. or forsythia, pussywillows or crocus blooms either....
If we were smart..we would go back to the other daughter's ..in Austin for another week!! At least they are having some pretty nice weather daily now!

You drive safe....and enjoy your daughter..!!!
Gotta love Indiana (spent a few years in West Lafayette before moving east) and Illinois in the spring and fall.....Hope you get some clear sunny days soon... and no more snow while your daughter is home.

PS- I did not type "kitty willows"... there must be an auto correct on that word....

drd1961
03-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks, it is actually suppose to be up near 70 tomorrow, both here and Nebraska. And then back to cold next week. I cannot wait for the grass to green. Right now we still have ugly dirty snow piles.

RosiePosie101
03-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Work has been so crazy lately that I haven't been able to exercise. Decided that it wasn't such a bad thing as I was thinking that it might have been having an effect on my losses even with the extra packet. My coach was also becoming concerned that my lean mass was going down. So the past two weeks, instead of my usual 1.5 down on the scale, it's been 3 and 2 lbs so perhaps the no exercising is better for the weight loss?!! I like the feeling of exercising though.

To be honest, work is so stressful, and I'm sleeping so badly that I was surprised I lost at all. I've heard that stress hinders weightloss so maybe once things improve at work, there will be an even bigger whoosh. Fingers crossed.

TurtleMom
03-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Well. Today was definitely a day where it was hard having my classroom next to the kitchen ... they were making one of my favorites for lunch (grilled cheese. I am definitely missing cheese right now.) I ate my IP lunch, but I was really hungry by the time lunch rolled around.

That is tough! Do they ever bake cookies? Coz that is what would bring me to my knees :p

Work has been so crazy lately that I haven't been able to exercise. Decided that it wasn't such a bad thing as I was thinking that it might have been having an effect on my losses even with the extra packet. My coach was also becoming concerned that my lean mass was going down. So the past two weeks, instead of my usual 1.5 down on the scale, it's been 3 and 2 lbs so perhaps the no exercising is better for the weight loss?!! I like the feeling of exercising though.

To be honest, work is so stressful, and I'm sleeping so badly that I was surprised I lost at all. I've heard that stress hinders weightloss so maybe once things improve at work, there will be an even bigger whoosh. Fingers crossed.

I hear you on the exercise! I miss the feeling of a good workout, but I am wary of jumping back in just yet. I DO NOT want to lose any more of my precious muscle mass. What do you do for exercise? Once the ice clears the sidewalks around here, I'm hoping to get some walking done :)

TurtleMom
03-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Are you weighing/measuring everything raw?
8 oz meat cooked is way more than 8 oz raw and then cooked (it cooks down).
Same with veggies. 2 c. raw veggies cooks down quite a bit
If it is still too much then consider having some with lunch.

But if you do that, remember, 2 oz cooked meat at lunch isn't 2 oz raw meat.

If you added food to lunch, yes, you'd still need your 3 packets per day.

I also eat my dinner fairly early (5-5:30 ish). Not super full by bed time.

Thanks! I will be adding a hard cooked egg to my lunch, and was planning on fish for dinner this evening. What you recommend for a raw portion of fish?

It is sooooooo nice having a panel of wisdom sharers :)

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks! I will be adding a hard cooked egg to my lunch, and was planning on fish for dinner this evening. What you recommend for a raw portion of fish?

It is sooooooo nice having a panel of wisdom sharers :)

Raw fish is 8 oz. for the serving.
If you're adding an egg to lunch, it gets a tad fuzzy b/c 4 whole eggs + 2 whites = a protein serving, so if it were me, I'd measure 6.5 oz raw fish

I add hard boiled egg to pre-gym snack (right after work) if I'm super hungry. Works well!

Vippysue
03-19-2014, 08:54 AM
I left and now I'm back. I've missed "visiting" with IP daily chat. Had a victory...traveled, ate in a lot of restaurants, and still came back with a 3.4 lb loss. That was for 2 weeks. My sister in law gushed at my loss...my parents didn't even notice or didn't say anything if they did. :-( I'm having a great time shopping in my own closet. I have some cute yet classic things that I couldn't get rid of as I gained weight. Now I look forward to thinning out closet and getting rid of the fat clothes. I don't want to enable myself to go back.
Got to get on the tread mill and get my day going! Hope everyone has a great OP day!

shrinkingsusie
03-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Good morning!! I feel like I haven't been on here forever. Thought I had better stop in to say hello!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Good morning!! I feel like I haven't been on here forever. Thought I had better stop in to say hello!
:wave:

ems70508
03-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Reenhag, hear ya on the bland veggies. Yesterday was a big day for me. I went through the decision here on 3FC, with a close friend (or 2) and my mom. I ultimately decided that I set a goal for a reason and it's important to get there. I don't want to look back and say, well I decided to try something else (even though what I was doing was working). I can continue to go through P1 in a boring state and risk an explosion (which I don't want) or I can begin to start spicing it up again, like I did in the beginning.

I looked at what I was eating everyday. Like you, I liked what I was eating. There are also other foods I was not eating, but still liked. This goes for IP packets and veggies. I'm going to get my packets today (I can't weigh in because the only time I can go today, she's booked) and I have a list of all the different types I want. I usually buy 3 boxes of my fave things (maple oatmeal, salt vinegar crisps, Ready to eat pudding) but I'm going to try others!

last night I made a pretty delish salad and topped it with a stir fry of Cauli-Rice, zucchini, and chicken, I put some buffalo Tabasco sauce on it. I normally don't like to cook at night but realize that in order to enjoy P1, I have to spice it up! For breakfast this AM, I turned my normal IP maple oatmeal into a muffin by using 1 egg and some baking powder! Just a different way to eat it-makes it feel like I'm eating 'real food'! Let's not allow ourselves to get bored in any way because it may set us up to fail! We've worked way too hard to let that happen!

HulaChick-Let us know how your WI goes today! You'll do awesome. I remember my first few WI's, I felt on top of the world for finally tackling this task.

1102go-Welcome! We're very close in stats, you'll do great!

kontesanera
03-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Great Job RosiePosie! You must look and feel pretty amazing! I was hoping to start walking once everything melts and defrosts over here, don't want to fall down on ice, but I am very ambivalent about doing something more intense. Once I reach my goal and phase off, then I will start to do something more intense.

I am having my first TOM since starting the program, it came kind of very late, but that is expected with such a change in diet. Hopefully I will get rid of this water retention before my next weigh in. I am feeling kind of crappy today, the only good thing is that I did not experience any PMS.

As for the veggies, protein, my coach said to have 8oz cooked and that is what I have been having. I eyeball my veggies, but I am eating mostly cucumbers and lettuce that I am not worried that I am overeating on them. I started steaming my other veggies such as zucchini, mushrooms, kale, so they do not "shrink" as much as when I was cooking them. I am a creature of habit, so I tend to have most of the same things all the time.

Have a great OP day y'all!

sarahBell
03-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Today I can tell that I would need more this AM to help keep me full until lunch.

So this was my breakfast

2 eggs with fresh cilantro, 1 Tbs of tomatoes, 1/2 a mushroom finely diced, salt, pepper and garlic . then placed on romaine leaves with home dressing and a few diced onions

sapphire83
03-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Today has been really tough. I'm on day 9. I am dealing with the big c despite having lettuce salads and eating my veggies and being OP 100%. I'm going to try some miralax (doctor said to use it when I needed). I was really ready to quit bc I was achy and didn't sleep well. However with some support from family and friends I am forging on. Whiny rant over.

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Today has been really tough. I'm on day 9. I am dealing with the big c despite having lettuce salads and eating my veggies and being OP 100%. I'm going to try some miralax (doctor said to use it when I needed). I was really ready to quit bc I was achy and didn't sleep well. However with some support from family and friends I am forging on. Whiny rant over.

First, congrats on making it through the first few days - they really are hard!

Are you getting your supplements in too sapphire? The cal-mag is really important, if I skip a day I can tell!

I was achy the first couple of weeks on IP and it does get better. Be nice to yourself while your body adjusts - it's hard work and can be rather a shock to your system. I went to bed early a lot.

And feel free to rant here - one of the best things everyone on this board does is sympathize and give suggestions for making things better!

kontesanera
03-19-2014, 12:04 PM

I felt really bad for a few days after my first weigh in. I upped my water do deal with the big c, ate more lettuce, and hand more unsweetened herbal tea. Just hang in there, it will pass.

karkrazy13
03-19-2014, 12:12 PM

Miralax is a HUGE help, it doesn't cause any discomfort at all, and it's safe to take every day (if you choose to) :)

I use this pretty much every day in my morning shake, and it has made a difference... good luck to you! :hug:

Rubygirl
03-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Good morning everyone! I don't know how to post a link on this site so I will just share some interesting information with you. You have all heard of gherlin?? that nasty little hormone produced by your stomach that makes you hungry (when a gastric sleeve surgery is done it removes this part of your stomach). Dr. Ari Sharma (bariatric surgeon and obesity specialist) from Edmonton Alberta has a blog which I follow and he had this study that was done on ketosis and the suppression of gherlin. He found that when a body is in ketosis that indeed the production of this hormone is suppressed. I always wondered why we are not hungry when in ketosis! Yay for ketosis.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Annik
03-19-2014, 12:38 PM

Yay! You go girl!

Yayalaine
03-19-2014, 01:16 PM
I recently read a diet tip about using dehydrated/dried onions on salads, but I can't remember where I read it. (I'm doing a lot of online surfing for diet tips and suggestions these days!) So, I apologize if I'm repeating something from this forum...

The idea is to sprinkle the dried onion bits on your salad to add some crunch as well as the onion taste. I put some on my salad yesterday and it made me feel like I was getting some goodies like sunflower seeds, croutons, or bacon bits (some of my favorite salad toppings)!

canadjineh
03-19-2014, 02:00 PM

I actually had to cut a bit of my cal mag, just to drop the calcium levels which are constipating, and add a separate pill for magnesium citrate. You could also do a couple of tsp of Milk of Magnesia (same idea) but don't over do it or you will be crampy, gassy, and WAAAYYY sorry. lol
I also found with my coach's suggestion that doing the alternative program with a tiny bit of added dairy, starch, and fruit, helped... I still lost weight but my bowels were much happier and worked better.

Also give your tummy/abdomen a soothing rub in a clockwise direction (looking down at your pubic bone - 12 o'clock, your navel is 6 0'clock) Start at 1 o'clock and move up the side to 4 o'clock, circle around to 9 o'clock, grab your left side vertically and give it a shake between ribs & hipbone (There's a fold in your intestine there and sometimes 'stuff' gets caught - not the scientific description but you'll get it), then continue rubbing gently down toward 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock. Repeat about 4 or 5 times in a row and you will get rid of some trapped gas and possibly move things along.

Remember - this is gentle - like you'd stroke a cat, not digging in to your abdomen. Be nice to yourself. It's also very relaxing at night when you first go to bed to help you sleep. If you are on your feet a lot of the day, it is also good to move your innards back up where they belong as they can begin to hang on their interior ligaments and pooch out your lower belly.
Make two fists side by side horizontally (thumb to thumb), tuck knuckles just above pubic bone, slowly dig in a little and drag your knuckles up toward your belly button. Stop there. This is easiest laying on your back as well. Your belly will be flatter and more lifted and give your intestines more space to do their work. Interior physical therapy, lol.

Good luck.

tabletop1234
03-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Had my WI in today and for being OP, I was disappointed, only 1.2 pounds. My coach said it is most probably due to my TOM. Trying to continue through it and not let the numbers get to me. Even my ketone strip showed I was spilling moderate ketones. Was expecting a lot more but it is what it is. Continuing on!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/180/145/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
W1: -6.8 W2: -1.2 (TOM)

sarahBell
03-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Had my WI in today and for being OP, I was disappointed, only 1.2 pounds. My coach said it is most probably due to my TOM. Trying to continue through it and not let the numbers get to me. Even my ketone strip showed I was spilling moderate ketones. Was expecting a lot more but it is what it is. Continuing on!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/180/145/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
W1: -6.8 W2: -1.2 (TOM)

ONLY 1.2 lbs! I say dance a dance of joy girl!!! Any loss is a big loss no matter the number!! I will do a :broc: for you to celebrate your loss!

canadjineh
03-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Whoah, tabletop!!! Way to go. Esp for TOM!! Any loss is great, I usually gain a lb or two even if on plan!
I think it's time for you to do the light little cloud dance! :dance: Getting lighter and lighter...
Liana

sapphire83
03-19-2014, 02:12 PM
First, congrats on making it through the first few days - they really are hard!

Are you getting your supplements in too sapphire? The cal-mag is really important, if I skip a day I can tell!

I was achy the first couple of weeks on IP and it does get better. Be nice to yourself while your body adjusts - it's hard work and can be rather a shock to your system. I went to bed early a lot.

And feel free to rant here - one of the best things everyone on this board does is sympathize and give suggestions for making things better!

Thanks. I have been taking all my supplements. I will definitely vent here. Lol

sapphire83
03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
I felt really bad for a few days after my first weigh in. I upped my water do deal with the big c, ate more lettuce, and hand more unsweetened herbal tea. Just hang in there, it will pass.

Thanks so much!

sapphire83
03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
I actually had to cut a bit of my cal mag, just to drop the calcium levels which are constipating, and add a separate pill for magnesium citrate. You could also do a couple of tsp of Milk of Magnesia (same idea) but don't over do it or you will be crampy, gassy, and WAAAYYY sorry. lol
I also found with my coach's suggestion that doing the alternative program with a tiny bit of added dairy, starch, and fruit, helped... I still lost weight but my bowels were much happier and worked better.

Also give your tummy/abdomen a soothing rub in a clockwise direction (looking down at your pubic bone - 12 o'clock, your navel is 6 0'clock) Start at 1 o'clock and move up the side to 4 o'clock, circle around to 9 o'clock, grab your left side vertically and give it a shake between ribs & hipbone (There's a fold in your intestine there and sometimes 'stuff' gets caught - not the scientific description but you'll get it), then continue rubbing gently down toward 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock. Repeat about 4 or 5 times in a row and you will get rid of some trapped gas and possibly move things along.

Remember - this is gentle - like you'd stroke a cat, not digging in to your abdomen. Be nice to yourself. It's also very relaxing at night when you first go to bed to help you sleep. If you are on your feet a lot of the day, it is also good to move your innards back up where they belong as they can begin to hang on their interior ligaments and pooch out your lower belly.
Make two fists side by side horizontally (thumb to thumb), tuck knuckles just above pubic bone, slowly dig in a little and drag your knuckles up toward your belly button. Stop there. This is easiest laying on your back as well. Your belly will be flatter and more lifted and give your intestines more space to do their work. Interior physical therapy, lol.

Good luck.

Thanks for the great advice.

tabletop1234
03-19-2014, 03:04 PM
ONLY 1.2 lbs! I say dance a dance of joy girl!!! Any loss is a big loss no matter the number!! I will do a :broc: for you to celebrate your loss!

Whoah, tabletop!!! Way to go. Esp for TOM!! Any loss is great, I usually gain a lb or two even if on plan!
I think it's time for you to do the light little cloud dance! :dance: Getting lighter and lighter...
Liana

Hahaha! SarahBell & canadjineh you guys are great! Thanks for the support and motivation. I guess I should be happy even about a pound. It's a pound in the right direction, not the wrong one :dizzy: Thanks again for everyone being so great on the forum!!!
:cb: for being down 1.2 pounds! :D

sarahBell
03-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Hahaha! SarahBell & canadjineh you guys are great! Thanks for the support and motivation. I guess I should be happy even about a pound. It's a pound in the right direction, not the wrong one :dizzy: Thanks again for everyone being so great on the forum!!!
:cb: for being down 1.2 pounds! :D

I would do a back flip for losing .1 lbs because it is loss no matter how big or small!

tabletop1234
03-19-2014, 03:14 PM
I would do a back flip for losing .1 lbs because it is loss no matter how big or small!

You know how it is, we all want to lose the weight the quick and easy way :p
But there is none! So that is why we are on IP, because it's the best way to lose it. We can lose the pounds!!!

Hiker88
03-19-2014, 03:29 PM
I found a great motivator to get my last 20 pounds off yesterday... we were browsing in the little shops in Kihei and I found a dress that I've been looking EVERYWHERE for!! It has black side panels and a blue middle... very slimming.. so I bought it in a smaller size and because I love it soooo much, I'm determined to get into it for all of my summer weddings!!

My determination has been waining since I'm in holiday mode, I'm hoping to keep that dress in mind for the rest of my holiday so I'll stay on track!

ems70508
03-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Hiker oh my gosh you look great!!!!!!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 04:30 PM

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/11955538165_55805d009c_o.png (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/11955538165/)

Nas145
03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
I started Ideal Protein 3 days ago but the prices are crazy. I have to buy next week's supply by the weekend, A friend recommended I try Proti Diet as an alternative, has anyone tried or know of this product.

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I started Ideal Protein 3 days ago but the prices are crazy. I have to buy next week's supply by the weekend, A friend recommended I try Proti Diet as an alternative, has anyone tried or know of this product.
Lots of people!
Welcome to a whole new world! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291417-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-part-3-a.html

ems70508
03-19-2014, 04:48 PM

It is very expensive. The way I look at it is that it's cheaper than any medical procedure that could come up because of your health... if you continued on the same path.

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Beck Diet Daily Tip

Sabotaging Thought: It's okay to eat this extra food because I'll make up for it later.

Response: When has "making up for it later" EVER really worked? I need to learn how to be consistent with my eating so I'm not constantly tempted to eat more. Every time I eat extra, I make it harder to not eat extra the next time. Once I become more consistent, the struggle will go down and dieting will get easier.

eandc2006
03-19-2014, 05:03 PM

Nas 145, I love the alternatives. I was unable to coordinate times with my old coach due to work, etc. and never really got much from our meetings anyhow so I decided to use a lot of the proti-diet products and I love them. Will never go back to IP products at this point...just not in the budget...besides I need the extra money I am saving for clothes!

HulaChic
03-19-2014, 05:05 PM
WI #2: -1 lb. Not as much as I was hoping, but moving in the right direction. I had an appointment with my MD last Friday and I weighed 185 (-3.4 lbs) on his scale. I know it's a different scale, though.

But I have lost 2" off my waist and 2" off my hips! And 1/2" around my neck! Crazy! Didn't realize I had that much around my neck to lose!

GettinHealthyNow
03-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Hiker, you look fantastic! Well done!

karkrazy13
03-19-2014, 05:18 PM

I am using alternatives, and I've lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks... you can too, and save money doing it! :D

You can purchase ProtiDiet and ProtiThin foods from this website: www.nashuanutrition.com.

I use HealthSmart ChocoRite Chocolate and PB protein powder for my shakes, and they are delish! :T I also use Quest bars as my snack (as a restricted item), and they are awesome! I buy both of these products from this website: www.netrition.com.

You can definitely lose weight AND save money with alternatives! :carrot:

Good luck to you! :hug:

TurtleMom
03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
WI #2: -1 lb. Not as much as I was hoping, but moving in the right direction. I had an appointment with my MD last Friday and I weighed 185 (-3.4 lbs) on his scale. I know it's a different scale, though. But I have lost 2" off my waist and 2" off my hips! And 1/2" around my neck! Crazy! Didn't realize I had that much around my neck to lose!

But it is going the right direction, so hurray!!!! I have not measured my neck -too much like a noose for my comfort :p

I have WI #3 tomorrow -SQUEE! Nervous -the tape measure does not appear to be my friend even though my clothes are noticeably baggier. Is it possible I'm losing everywhere EXCEPT the points where I'm measured?!

TurtleMom
03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
PROTEIN REDISTRIBUTION REPORT:

Having an egg with lunch worked a treat! It still felt like a huge amount to eat, but at least I was able to finish it in the amount of time I had. Dinner was much easier -ended up having scrambled eggs because I didn't get my fish defrosted in time. I still feel really full, but at least I don't feel like I'm going to get sick from stuffing too much food in my tummy! Thank you to all who helped me figure this out :thanks:

BTW, kale chips totally ROCK! Made them for the 1st time this evening :D

Vmoktan
03-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I have been on my toes since 7:00 am and have to teach a 3 hour class until 10:00pm !! I am on my second week of IP....I feel wonderful but am beginning to get really sleepy. Can I drink a high caffeine energy drink right now? A monster?

ReenHag
03-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Hoping for it to be sunny by then. Yesterday my daughter said there is no sign of spring at the moment though. :(Just like here...we got another 5+ inches of snow on Monday...and we are not going to see spring temps for the near future around here. Not even a bud on the trees yet.. or forsythia, kittywillows or crocus blooms either....

PS- I did not type "kitty willows"... there must be an auto correct on that word....

OMG :D :D THIS made my day! Auto correct on "that word"... Changing it to kitty...LMAO!

That is tough! Do they ever bake cookies? Coz that is what would bring me to my knees :p

Oh my gosh...my school kitchen bakes the most delicious-smelling cookies every day! The only way I can get through that smell is to tell myself I can occasionally have homemade ones once I am in maintenance. The cookies at school are frozen, but oh, do they smell FAB every darn day! Thank goodness I cannot smell them in my classroom.

Reenhag, hear ya on the bland veggies. Yesterday was a big day for me. I went through the decision here on 3FC, with a close friend (or 2) and my mom. I ultimately decided that I set a goal for a reason and it's important to get there. I don't want to look back and say, well I decided to try something else (even though what I was doing was working). I can continue to go through P1 in a boring state and risk an explosion (which I don't want) or I can begin to start spicing it up again, like I did in the beginning.

Let's not allow ourselves to get bored in any way because it may set us up to fail! We've worked way too hard to let that happen!

Sounds like a great plan with lots of support from your momma and friends! Spice it up, lady! We can do this!

Hey, down a pound is down a pound! Way to go!

I found a great motivator to get my last 20 pounds off yesterday... we were browsing in the little shops in Kihei and I found a dress that I've been looking EVERYWHERE for!! It has black side panels and a blue middle... very slimming.. so I bought it in a smaller size and because I love it soooo much, I'm determined to get into it for all of my summer weddings!!

My determination has been waining since I'm in holiday mode, I'm hoping to keep that dress in mind for the rest of my holiday so I'll stay on track!

Excellent motivator, cannot wait to see a pic of this dress.

I enjoy the Proti Diet products from Nashua Nutrition. I also enjoy some of the more IP compliant Quest bars (I buy them from GNC Stores) and Detour bars and EAS Shakes (from warehouse clubs like Costco). Best of luck on this journey!

WI #2: -1 lb. Not as much as I was hoping, but moving in the right direction. I had an appointment with my MD last Friday and I weighed 185 (-3.4 lbs) on his scale. I know it's a different scale, though.

But I have lost 2" off my waist and 2" off my hips! And 1/2" around my neck! Crazy! Didn't realize I had that much around my neck to lose!

Excellent! Way to go! No disappointment in a pound lower!

PROTEIN REDISTRIBUTION REPORT:

Having an egg with lunch worked a treat! It still felt like a huge amount to eat, but at least I was able to finish it in the amount of time I had. Dinner was much easier -ended up having scrambled eggs because I didn't get my fish defrosted in time. I still feel really full, but at least I don't feel like I'm going to get sick from stuffing too much food in my tummy! Thank you to all who helped me figure this out :thanks:

BTW, kale chips totally ROCK! Made them for the 1st time this evening :D

Glad you had some success with changing up your meals.

Fearciuil
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Oh my gosh...my school kitchen bakes the most delicious-smelling cookies every day! The only way I can get through that smell is to tell myself I can occasionally have homemade ones once I am in maintenance. The cookies at school are frozen, but oh, do they smell FAB every darn day! Thank goodness I cannot smell them in my classroom.
They occasionally make cookies, from frozen, and they do smell good, but rarely. It's the grilled cheese and the fajitas that I love. Luckily, each of those only come up about once a month.

Pepperoni pizza, OTOH, comes up twice a week ... and when before-school choir starts up again after testing gets done, breakfast sometimes smells REALLY good....

:cookie: :jeno:

ReenHag
03-19-2014, 08:21 PM
They occasionally make cookies, from frozen, and they do smell good, but rarely. It's the grilled cheese and the fajitas that I love. Luckily, each of those only come up about once a month.

Pepperoni pizza, OTOH, comes up twice a week ... and when before-school choir starts up again after testing gets done, breakfast sometimes smells REALLY good....

:cookie: :jeno:

LOL The trials of being a teacher- who would have EVER thought lunch would be an issue? Our kitchen does grilled cheese every darn day, and they look so perfect! And yes, the breakfast smells delish! We have "breakfast for lunch" once a week. I am glad I only have to drop off the kids and fill my cup with ice, and then I can get outta there!

RosiePosie101
03-19-2014, 08:27 PM
I hear you on the exercise! I miss the feeling of a good workout, but I am wary of jumping back in just yet. I DO NOT want to lose any more of my precious muscle mass. What do you do for exercise? Once the ice clears the sidewalks around here, I'm hoping to get some walking done :)

Well, I was doing boot camp once a week but that was with the assistance of the boot camp leader, whereby, I did the lower impact side of things, no running in between sets and lower weights. I was also playing tennis twice a week (it's not icy and snowy here!). I would like to start walking but I'm lacking the motivation. Working 15+ hours a day isn't conducive to getting up early for a walk!

Once things are less crazy, I may join the local gym, if they have pump weight classes. Love those! Would like to get into Zumba, even without any sense of rhythm but will definitely wait on that until I'm out of Phase 1.

Sarah 0509
03-19-2014, 09:05 PM
This is my 4th day on IP. Yesterday I felt extremely nauseated and had a horrible headache. Today I still have my headache and nothing seems to take it away. Any suggestions and please tell me this will go away. I am drinking a ton of water and eating everything.

Slipfree
03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Sarah- put salt in your hand and lick it or add it to water. The salt will help the headache.

TurtleMom
03-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Well, I was doing boot camp once a week but that was with the assistance of the boot camp leader, whereby, I did the lower impact side of things, no running in between sets and lower weights. I was also playing tennis twice a week (it's not icy and snowy here!). I would like to start walking but I'm lacking the motivation. Working 15+ hours a day isn't conducive to getting up early for a walk!

Once things are less crazy, I may join the local gym, if they have pump weight classes. Love those! Would like to get into Zumba, even without any sense of rhythm but will definitely wait on that until I'm out of Phase 1.

I have always wanted to try Zumba, but never had the courage to join a class. :( I'm hoping to get back to my kettlebells in a couple of weeks, which is why I would like to get walking first. Gotta get my body used to moving again!

Proudmama2maet
03-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Sarah 0509, I'm on day 14 today and that first week was horrible, but push through and it will definitely get better. The salt trick suggested above is a good one, also make sure that you're taking your multivitamin after you eat instead of before as it can make you feel nauseated if it's on an empty stomach (learned that one the hard way). I hope that tomorrow is a better day. :)

AmberLS
03-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Even though it's common to plateau for a few in weeks 4 and 5 it still takes some excitement out of the process. , not really seeing inches go either, hard to say though, my measurements are always up and down I don't think my coach gets the same spot each time, I do some at home and am seeing some small changes. Now I started having dreams about cheating again lol. I was having them the first week or so, but then they were gone. Now last night it started by licking the frosting off my fingers, then I went to the movies and somehow accidentally drank a whole pepsi and then ate popcorn. I actually woke up and had to think about whether it was real! LOL

tabletop1234
03-19-2014, 09:52 PM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/11955538165_55805d009c_o.png (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/11955538165/)

Love that Lisa! Thanks for it! :)

tbc85
03-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Havent been on here in a while, I have been busy looking for and applying to new jobs, I have had about 4 meetings/interviews in the past 4 days!! Very excited to start a new chapter in my life/career. I have finally made it to 50 lbs gone!! Hope everyone has a great evening :)

Nas145
03-19-2014, 11:00 PM
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: HELP!!!!! How far apart should your meals be???? just got home from work about to have my Proti Diet chicken noodle soup. I am a newbie.....3rd day......

Fearciuil
03-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Havent been on here in a while, I have been busy looking for and applying to new jobs, I have had about 4 meetings/interviews in the past 4 days!! Very excited to start a new chapter in my life/career. I have finally made it to 50 lbs gone!! Hope everyone has a great evening :)
Congrats, and good luck! :cheer2: :cheer3:

ems70508
03-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Saw this on Pinterest this evening and thought everyone here would enjoy it!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 11:37 PM

Funny thing, I was just mentioning on another thread. After 90+ lbs! I still don't feel like I look that different. I'm glad I saved my "before" outfit and took those pics. I still have the same flaws I did 90+ lbs heavier. The same problem spots. Glad I have pics for a reality check

Lisa

drd1961
03-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Lisa, I have very few pictures, which is why I have been taking selfies lately even though I dislike me in pictures. I came across one from last year. It was one of my Mom's 80th birthday. We had a surprise party and sister number two flew in from NYC and she did not know. Anyway, we had the whole gang in a picture, and I was in the middle in a red sweater....a big red sweater. I need to grab that one, crop it down and put it by a now picture. It would help with image I think.

Well I am off to swim. DH is a late sleeper, I am not. We are meeting the daughter for lunch at 11. The Y here takes away members.

Clarington45
03-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Hello all, I have been MIA for some time.. I have been completely off the wagon too.. I have relocated the country and have a new job after 17 years so big changes.. I have been at my new job / house for a few weeks and am ready to get back to the business of losing weight and getting more healthy.. I will be doing alternatives as there aren't any clinics close to me :) Have a great day all!

nicoleroper
03-20-2014, 06:47 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on egg white omelets? I have look at nutritional values and it looks better than most IP food

Yayalaine
03-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Feeling a little nervous and apprehensive about a two day (all day) conference/workshop I start today. I know these things usually have a back table set up with sweet rolls, cookies, etc.

I have a tote bag packed with four 20 oz bottles of water, a restricted bar, and a pre-made drink. I also have my noon supplements packed in a little ziplock bag. Conferences usually provide bottled water, but I don't want to take any chances.

My coworkers are very supportive and have told me that I will get to choose our lunch location. Having them there with me will also (probably) help me stay on plan. They know how hard I've been working and would notice if I fix a plate of refreshments. :o

I've always had a tendency to snack at things like that because I'm not used to sitting still for so many hours... I usually drink a lot of diet coke and snack to stay awake. I'll just keep sipping on water today.

nicoleroper
03-20-2014, 07:00 AM
Hey guys, I buy the pure protein bars from Sam's. They r good. They r kinda at the upper limits for an ideal protein food. I have started limiting myself to 1 non restricted a week. Hoping this will help increase my pace of weight lost. It is beautiful weather here in South LA. It is a shame to not be running. Oh well, I sure running in July in the 90 temps and 100%humidity will b just fine.

Ruth Ann
03-20-2014, 07:36 AM
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: HELP!!!!! How far apart should your meals be???? just got home from work about to have my Proti Diet chicken noodle soup. I am a newbie.....3rd day......

Congrats on making it to day 3! You're well on your way!

Meal timing kind of depends on what works with your life. You don't want to eat everything all at once, but how you break it up really depends on what works for you.

For example, my schedule during the week looks kind of like:

5-5:30ish: breakfast
9:30-10ish: hard-boiled egg or IP snack
1:30-2ish: lunch
6:30-7ish: dinner
8:30-9ish: snack (unless I had it earlier in the day)

MsGracie
03-20-2014, 07:46 AM

This is great - thank you for posting it!

Lisa, I have very few pictures, which is why I have been taking selfies lately even though I dislike me in pictures. I came across one from last year. It was one of my Mom's 80th birthday. We had a surprise party and sister number two flew in from NYC and she did not know. Anyway, we had the whole gang in a picture, and I was in the middle in a red sweater....a big red sweater. I need to grab that one, crop it down and put it by a now picture. It would help with image I think.

Well I am off to swim. DH is a late sleeper, I am not. We are meeting the daughter for lunch at 11. The Y here takes away members.

Have a great swim and enjoy your time with your daughter!

Hello all, I have been MIA for some time.. I have been completely off the wagon too.. I have relocated the country and have a new job after 17 years so big changes.. I have been at my new job / house for a few weeks and am ready to get back to the business of losing weight and getting more healthy.. I will be doing alternatives as there aren't any clinics close to me :) Have a great day all!

You will do great!! I too am looking to make a cross-country move (from the northeast US to the southwest US) in less than 2 months! Very exciting and scary too!

Feeling a little nervous and apprehensive about a two day (all day) conference/workshop I start today. I know these things usually have a back table set up with sweet rolls, cookies, etc.

I have a tote bag packed with four 20 oz bottles of water, a restricted bar, and a pre-made drink. I also have my noon supplements packed in a little ziplock bag. Conferences usually provide bottled water, but I don't want to take any chances.

My coworkers are very supportive and have told me that I will get to choose our lunch location. Having them there with me will also (probably) help me stay on plan. They know how hard I've been working and would notice if I fix a plate of refreshments. :o

I've always had a tendency to snack at things like that because I'm not used to sitting still for so many hours... I usually drink a lot of diet coke and snack to stay awake. I'll just keep sipping on water today.

Sounds like are well prepared - you will have a great day!!

lisa32989
03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Hey guys, I buy the pure protein bars from Sam's. They r good. They r kinda at the upper limits for an ideal protein food. I have started limiting myself to 1 non restricted a week. Hoping this will help increase my pace of weight lost. It is beautiful weather here in South LA. It is a shame to not be running. Oh well, I sure running in July in the 90 temps and 100%humidity will b just fine.
You meant limit RESTRICTED, correct?

What is everyone's thoughts on egg white omelets? I have look at nutritional values and it looks better than most IP food
I responded to this the other spot you asked
1 while egg + 2 egg whites = omelet packet for anyone doing alts