40-Somethings - 40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cattails
03-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Okay, here's our new challenge: state what you want to accomplish by May 14 and go for it! Anything goes; the only hard-and-fast rule here is that on May 14th, YOU MUST DANCE LIKE A CHICKEN!! :chicken::chicken::chicken:

Cattails
03-17-2014, 04:04 AM
My goal is to stay on task and keep my weight under 120; some more toning up would be cool too. What's your goal?

Sum38
03-17-2014, 06:31 AM
I love it!! And I will dance like a chicken :D

My goal is to exercise min.5 days per week (choose from these options);
Mon: off (walk the pup)
Tue; Weights, Treadmill and Swim
Wed; Walk the pup, aerobics
Thr; Weights, Treadmill and Swim
Fri; Walk the pup, aerobics
Sat; Walk the pup, Weights and Swim
Sun; Walk the pup, aerobics

Second goal is to be 9 pounds lighter.
SW 144
GW 135

Magicsusan
03-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Okay, I'm in. I'd love to lose about 10 pounds by then but I don't know if that's going to happen. I'm concentrating primarily on cultivating a healthy lifestyle with actual weight loss as a secondary, so I'll quit blabbing and get to the bullet points:

Non-negotiables:
1)continue doing c25k 3xweek
2)continue lifting/toning 2xweek
3)walkies minimum 2xweek
4)eat healthy/nutritionally balanced

bonus goal:
1)metric nonederland (i.e., <100k)

Just out of curiosity, what's the significance of may 14? anything? any correlation between that and the chicken dance? doesn't need to be one, just wondered if I was missing something...

We have a dancing broccoli and a dancing carrot. We may need a new smiley for this challenge...

love2b150
03-17-2014, 09:46 AM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Marlene it doesn't sound like you did bad :) I hope your weigh in was good :)

Cattails my son starts today with conditioning. I just told him yesterday that he needs to slow down on his eating if he is going to cut weight. I mentioned that I would make him eat 3 meals and a snack when I am around and he didn't seem too happy but most of his clothes are too tight and he's a big guy so we can't afford to keep buying him more and more clothes, it's enough that he wears a size 16 shoe. I can't wait to show him your post this evening regarding your son. Makes me proud please tell him I said GOOD JOB. I know you're proud. And I don't want you all to think I am being mean to him but he is 16, 6'1 and 240+ lbs. When we got home from church yesterday that boy started cooking and eating and he was eating every hour it seemed. My little one made some jello it set around 7ish. He says, "Mom you should make a cake, I know you can't eat it but we can" He included all of them :)

Sum, my weigh in was worse than yesterday still lower than the start of the challenge :) How's your Pooch this morning?

Enjoy your day everyone :wave:

love2b150
03-17-2014, 09:52 AM
*get to 160 (as of today - lose 7lbs
*walk at least 3-5 times a week, 3-4 miles
*stay within my calorie, carbs range

Zumbachica
03-17-2014, 10:01 AM
HELLO EVERYONE>>>>>>> Happy Monday....Im stoked for this challenge because the weather is starting to get slighter warmer (spring is struggling to get here) and I feel a bit motivated. The last challenge was an epic fail for me...too much drama with ex threw me off track, and then getting the puppy totally threw me off guard, i had no idea it would be like having a baby!
But here I am still at a weight that doesn't work for me........So as much as I said i wasn't doing another challenge here I am.....:)

My goal is a big one and i want to believe that it is possible. I want to lose ten lbs. I think that is doable by May 14. (is dance like a chicken day a real holiday? LOL). May 18 would have been my anniversary..it is also my boyfriends bday.....so that is a significant week for me....no matter what kind of emotions i have i want to face them head on feeling good in my skin and feeling healthy. I don't feel healthy lately AT ALL.

GOALS:
Start 21 day fix workouts over.
Low carb, not sure which plan to follow though
One fast day a week....I think Wednesday may work since I don't teach that day and won't need energy. I don't like tea so I won't be drinking that like Sum does, maybe i'll allow myself one shake or just lemon water all day and some chicken broth in case I get shakey....
once the vet gives me the okay to take the dog out and about (she hasn't had all her shots) I will be walking her down to the beach even it means I carry her most of the time. She's a small dog so she can't walk for miles....but i still want to get out with her.....I plan on really getting active with the warmer weather here....maybe even take my bicycle out...
YOGA..I plan on taking it a few times a week to stretch out my weary zumba muscles. and learn to relax my mind......
My other goals are not fitness related...get myself organized financially, start teaching Pound.
I clocked in today at 149. I'd love to see 139 by the end of the challenge.

Zumbachica
03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Happy St Patricks day to you all. Even though I am so NOT Irish it was always a holiday that I enjoyed. I went to a Catholic prep school run by and filled with Irish so this was always a big deal. I feel sorry for those in the parade today in the city...it is FREEZING. They said snow but i think we dodged that bullet.

I am making corned beef today and cabbage and since that is low carb I feel fine about it....its just the sodium that is through the roof but I will drink lots of water today to try and bypass the bloat.....i have noticed that i am not drinking enough water....

Last night BF took me out to dinner but he suggested Japanese and I was too polite to say that didn't give me low carb options...LOL...so I had salad and sushi and didn't gain from the soy sauce and rice, i even dropped point four lbs. So Im a little pleased this morning Today I teach three classes....i am so NOT in the mood but this is my job. Have to find time to make the corned beef before my night class.....I get to pick up my kids today...yayyyyyy......

Zumbachica
03-17-2014, 10:14 AM
love2b I think your goals sound very realistic! You got this girl!!!

SUM I hope your pooch feels better, I know you enjoy your walks with Shadow.

Magicsusan You and I have the same 10 lb goal...we have plenty of time to do it healthily by may 14...we got this!

cattails thanks for starting this challenge...i think its going to be funny when we all dance like a chicken...i wonder if we can all you tube our chicken dance for one another...LOL

Cattails
03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
I googled a couple of references to Dance Like a Chicken Day - don't know who started it but there it was and seemed appropriate for a fun bunch of chicks. :D We definitely need a dancing chicken icon, Susan.

I love the excitement going on here! And wow, Rennie, that's terrific about your son. Size 16 shoes?!! OMG... That boy may still have some growing to do - yikes! ;)

love2b150
03-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Zumba it's freezing here also, they've cancelled all after school activities. Thanks on the goals. I sure hope I can do it. I would love to go for 10lbs but I did so poorly on the last challenge I don't want to push it :)

Thanks Cattails, they actually didn't do anything today due to the weather, so hopefully tomorrow they'll have school and he can start then. I haven't shown him the post yet, but I want him to see that you can do it just by changing your eating plan for a week or so :) My husband is 6'6 and has a couple of uncles even taller so I'm not sure how tall my giants will be. The oldest boy is the only one whose feet seem to grow with his age. The other boys are tall and thin and have a normal size foot I guess. Our youngest daughter is 10 and thin, she wears a size 8 shoes, smh. So they all have more growing to do ;)

newleaf123
03-17-2014, 11:16 PM
I want to be down 10 by 5/14. It's doable. I just gave to do it. I think that puts me back at 154 (groan).

zumba you got a dog??

Rennie ack! My DS is a 13 I think, right on the cusp of hard to find and very expensive. He turns 15 in a month, and is 6'2. Yikes! Hard to remember him as a little baby...

b: I juiced a bunch of veggies, and then used the juice for a protein shake.

S: snap peas with chipotle pepper hummus

L: chicken quinoa salad

S/D: peanut butter filled pretzels, half an avocado, a pear, a banana, 2 slices of bread with the hummus again.

I am thrilled to report I have finally mastered awesome, recipe-free hummus. Yay! I reconstitute dried peppers in boiling water, then chop the peppers and throw them in the food processor with everything else. Then, if I need to add water to thin, I use the water that the peppers soaked in. This creates an incredible, satiating flavor. :carrot:

newleaf123
03-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Oh, and dancing like a chicken?? I'll leave that to you all... ;)

MarleneV
03-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Weight this am was 127.0, so I'm blaming that on those darn cookies. I knew that would happen though. I've been "snacky" this evening, but stayed with things that are on program for me like cherry tomatoes, an egg & cheese stick.

No walk or 30DS today, instead we were getting a room ready for some college students that will be spending a few days with us for part of their spring break. That should be fun, DD is home for break too, so she can show them around.

My goal will be to stay in my range (124.0-126.0) as much as possible & exercise 4-5 days a week.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be in town for the 5K after all. That is the weekend after our big deadline, and I usually take a long weekend. We've gone back & forth on doing something or not. If we aren't going somewhere, I'd like to work on the house, but we said we were going to do that last year, and the time off was wasted because we didn't do anything.

hope everyone else is looking forward to success this challenge! We can do it!

Zumbachica
03-18-2014, 07:58 AM
NEWLEAF Yes, I got a dog...it was a very spur of the moment kind of thing. Not sure if it was a good idea or not but i'm in love with her now so I guess she's staying :dizzy: I never had a dog before and don't know what i'm doing....my big challenge is getting her to sleep in her crate at night..it isn't happening....and i'm very very tired which in turn makes me want to eat carby junky food. By the way, peanut butter filled pretzels...YUMMMMM''

CATTAILS if you saw some of the stuff we do in my zumba classes and how people do them you would believe in chicken dance, it isn't just for one day a year....

Sum38
03-18-2014, 08:00 AM
:chicken: :chicken: Ha, I got to move my ticker :chicken: :chicken:
SW 144
CW 143.6
GW 135

:turkey: .... almost like a dancing chicken :lol3: having fun with the emoticons.

I fasted all day, which went really well, but I was super snacky all night. I did not go for a walk, pup was still babying her leg, so I did not want to push it and I was really tired after FCA.
Today is a gym day. I have to do it first thing this morning. Which I hate. The gym is filled with women, and they are all gossipy and catty. I usually wear a baseball cap and put my head down hoping to be NOT recognized. :D I don't want to be pulled in what ever the drama for the day is. I am there to work out. -- I usually work out at 1; with the seniors or I like the evening crowd as well.

Today I am eating a ton of veggies and protein. No candy!!

Zumbachica
03-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Well Im finally below 149....148.8...not a lot but i'll take it. :) taught a killer class last night....my cheeks were red and they never get that way unless I truly am in 'the zone" so to speak....i had a loss even after having some salty corned beef.......yay me....

Zumbachica
03-18-2014, 08:23 AM
SUM just ignore the women at the gym. Smile , be cordial but just focus on your workout.

kelijpa
03-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Zumba, don't give up on the crate, our little dog sees his as his space now, we got him from a shelter and he wasn't completely house-trained. He doesn't go to the bathroom in the crate, we have an old beach towel in there, he likes to scrunch it up and make a nest, if yours is a puppy maybe something smaller like a hand towel...last night I was combing him, he's not thrilled with that and he ran in his crate to make me stop, lol

Best of luck with everything :sunny:

Zumbachica
03-18-2014, 09:05 AM
thanks Kelij..I'm not giving up on the crate, because i really don't want this dog in my bed every night..she's too small and if she fell out she could die....or i may squash her....unfortunately she started pooping in there and now thinks the crate is a litter box.....so I"m trying to teach her that isn't how it works. I put towels in there, her toys, a clock so she can hear ticking..she just hates being in there at night...Last night i thought for sure she would sleep in there but she starting yelping and howling after an hour.....there's just so much you can ignore that kind of noise, especially when the kids are getting up super early for school.....i'm hoping it gets better as she gets a little older, she's only 10 weeks old.
I have read everything i could about crate training online and I'm doing it all and it still isn't working......but i will keep trying. Chihuahuas are a hard breed to train to do anything so I've come to find out. The dog trainer at Petco told me they are crazy. It was kind of discouraging..LOL

kelijpa
03-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Ours is a cocker spaniel mix, just as challenging as far as training, we think he has some hound mixed in as he likes to howl sometimes...we call him crazy dog or flippy dog all the time, like you say, we love him, so he's staying. I guess you've tried closing off some of the space, since she's so small...

newleaf123
03-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Good morning! 164.1 this AM. Certainly not where I want to be. At this point in my life, I feel at 164 like I did 2 years ago at 205. So I guess that's progress, right?? Committed to righting the ship.

Gotta go look me up the shivering turkey emoticon!

No dogs here, just a needy rescue cat. He's on a lifestyle change, too, poor cat. These indoor cats just don't get enough activity. He is a large cat to begin with, and was trim when we got him at 12 pounds. He went up to a high of 17.2 (!!), and I've got him back down to 15.4 or so. It's so slow going, and I hate that food manufacturers don't list calorie counts.

newleaf123
03-18-2014, 09:32 AM
:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:

Zumbachica
03-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Ours is a cocker spaniel mix, just as challenging as far as training, we think he has some hound mixed in as he likes to howl sometimes...we call him crazy dog or flippy dog all the time, like you say, we love him, so he's staying. I guess you've tried closing off some of the space, since she's so small...

I bought the smallest crate they had...but then i realized it looks small to me but is probably still too big for her...so this morning i put in the insert to make it smaller....thank goodness she pooped OUTSIDE the crate this morning on the wee wee pad....shows me there's hope.....

Zumbachica
03-18-2014, 09:43 AM
NEwleAF all those turkeys made me giggle.......you would think we all had too much time on our hands..I know I really don't , i'm trying to learn new choreography. Anyhoo yes, I agree that pets in general don't get enough exercise and its easy to overfeed them. there is weight management dog food, and I"m thinking to myself why is that even necessary? Now do I need to obsess over my dog's weight as well as my own? I read somewhere that chihuahuas have major issues with their legs and joints if they are too heavy so its important not to let them get fat....so now i have one more thing to worry about!

Cattails
03-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Nice going, Sum and Zumba! Zumba looks like so much fun; I don't really have access to classes - limited funds and only one vehicle at the moment - so all my workouts are homebound. Someday I should pull up a Youtube of Zumba and try it out.

That pup is sure giving you a workout, Zumba! Crate-training seems like a good idea; everybody needs a space all their own. Hope she starts to think of her crate as a safe place to retreat to and relax.

Heidi, glad to see you here! Good luck with your kitty, that's tough trying to diet your pet. I think pets can have the same problems we do with eating disorders and boredom eating. My sister had a tabby that would eat himself sick, literally, if allowed.

Rennie, your kids do have some big genes there! What sport is your son doing?

Apple Blossom
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm in for this next challenge. I'm not going to weigh in just yet because I am at peak TOM and that would be cheating.
I'm going big, 12 pounds. Really really need to do it!!
So while I wait for TOM to run it's course I will come up with a plan which will be more diet centered than exercise, since that is where my issues are.

Zumba, congrats on breaking the 150 barrier! :carrot:

We want to get a new dog but would prefer not to get a puppy. Although I am afraid that our 7 yr old dog will not get along with another dog but maybe she'll be nice to a puppy? We have already been turned down once because Jupie did not get along with the other dog. We met in a park and they were both on leash so I don't think that was very fair. Sometimes it takes some time to establish a relationship. I'm concerned because this is usually an important part of adopting from a shelter or rescue org. Like I said earlier, I am still very emotional about losing our other dog so I am not rushing in to anything and now I'm even more hesitant because of being turned down.

Anyway. 12 pounds, here we go. 2 pounds this week?

newleaf123
03-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Hi, CatTails. Nice to see you, too.

I had a work event tonight, which was catered by Chipotle. It was on a college campus, so I guess when in Rome, act like a Roman...

So...

B: cappuccino, hot whole grain cereal with mashed banana.
L: salad of arugula, tomato, broccoli, 1/2 avocado, no dressing; whole grain tortilla chips; homemade hummus scooped up with green peppers
S: "green" protein shake (kale, spinach, beet, turnip, pepper, cucumber with vanilla protein powder), handful of nuts
D: 1/2 vegetarian Chipotle burrito, 1 chip (go me!)
S: 1/2 handful of nuts, 4 peanut butter filled pretzels

love2b150
03-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Heidi good to see you :hug: My husband can wear some 13's but mainly wears a 14. They weren't hard to find in VA but here it's so different. And yes they are quite expensive. :( I was listening to my cousins and my Aunt talk about how they have to drive to South Boston, VA to get what they want and like. That's plain crazy to me. My Uncle even goes to South Boston to go to the market ... are you serious :dizzy: Those pretzels sound delicious :drool: I think I just want peanut butter, yum :) Heidi which flavor stands out in your smoothie the most?

Marlene, it's just water, that's what I keep telling myself also. :hug: We can do this :)

Zumba do you have any you tube videos you'd like to share? :yay: on the scale moving :high: LOL Zumba ... that is not a very professional thing for the trainer to say :)

Sum, :yay: on moving your ticker :high:

Keli, good to see you :)

Cattails, he plays football, wrestles and now says he wants to try baseball. I asked him tonight if he would try a week without carbs. He said if I pack his lunch daily for him he would, so that's my next thing to do. Find the things that this big picky boy will eat and will hold him until he gets home in the evening. I don't want him to pass out. So maybe I should wait huh?

Hi Apple Blossom :wave:

I am down a pound of water to 166. Today was really OP and I got to the gym. Hope tomorrow brings the other 1.4 of water drop :crossed:

newleaf123
03-18-2014, 10:51 PM
rennie, oddly enough, nothing really stands out in the shake, although it had a strong flavor. If I put a lime or lemon in, though, that really does stand out. What I did today was juice all the vegetables,pour the juice in the blender,throw in a couple handfuls of pulp/fiber from the juicer, some ice cubes, and some protein powder. Then ran the blender. Kind of time consuming, and kind of messy. But I just hate all the waste from the juicer... And this way it was more filling, and I think the fiber is good for you...

love2b150
03-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Heidi, the fiber is definitely great for you ;) What about the pretzels?

MarleneV
03-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Hi all,

Loved the turkeys!

I was 125.5 this am, so back in the range. No long-term damage from those cookies. Today was on target for calories, but no exercise - too much going on...

Sum, we were both snacky last night. Hope that today was better for you on that. If I can stop now, I'm good here...

Our dog gets grouchy in the evening, and I bet he wishes we still had his crate set up. We just don't have a good place to set it up. He's 9, so I guess grouchy is ok at that age. We put him in the kitchen at night, he's fine in there.

HeidiYumm! Chipotle!

Rennie, you are right, it always seems to come off... Hope you get your 1.4 tomorrow.

Apple, 12 should be completely doable!

newleaf123
03-19-2014, 07:32 AM
Heidi, the fiber is definitely great for you ;) What about the pretzels?

70 calories for 4. The trick is to stop there. A trick I'm still working on...

Magicsusan
03-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Okay.

So far so good. Started the challenge with a (long awaited) loss of nearly a kilo and have been faithfully keeping up with my dumbbells and running, will probably go walkies thursdays and Sundays- seems to just work out that way.

I don't count calories, but try to eat a balanced diet- had muesli with strawberries and blueberries for lunch, for example. And I've probably had nearly two liters of water so far today, so, so far so good.

Totally, totally love the vibrating turkey, by the way. Laughed so hard! :lol:

Heidi, looks like my eldest daughter is going to be the shortest of the three. She is pissed.

Have a great day, all of you. I'm off to practice shaking my tailfeathers...

Magicsusan
03-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Cattails, now I can't get Ray Charles and the Blues Brother out of my head!

Bend Over Let Me See You Shake Your Tail Feathers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK33V7FGjd8

Zumbachica
03-19-2014, 09:27 AM
hi all...im back over the 150 barrier...grrrrrr...it was a short lived victory...LOL...but I am not concerned. I think what did it was the little bit of spaetzle i had last night with dinner....then a few chips at the bar i was sitting at last night....Met BF for a drink after his work event and only had a diet coke with vodka...zero carb drink.....I think the sodium from the two chips i had bloated me up a bit...it doesn't take much.....

So as I type this my house is in total chaos because closet designers are installing today...I'm very excited but the noise and commotion is already old and they should be here for a couple of hours......maybe putting my pretty clothes in a closet instead of boxes and garment racks will be some motivation for me to start fitting into them again ;) One could only hope.....sun is shining, its going to be a warmer day..in the forties..HEAT wAVE....I can't wait for the puppy to get a little bigger and have all her shots so i could start walking her down to the beach....they shelter told me not to let her around other dogs or let her butt touch the ground because of parvovirus.

Im fasting today until dinner time.......a once a week fast really did wonders for Sum so I figured I would do the same..maybe that will get me to 148 by the enid of the weekend. 147 would be a dream.....doesn't hurt to dream big...LOL

No workouts for me until the workers leave.....going to start my 21 day fix over again....someone i know followed it to the letter and lost 6 lbs in 21 days and inches....she didn't seem very happy but I thought that was great progress for three weeks....

have a happy day y'all

Sum38
03-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I caved into BK's french fries last night. And I don't even like them :dunno: I was getting some fish food and BK was right next to the store and I ordered a large FF, ugh.

I did not weigh myself this morning.

Oh, why do I do things like that????

But it is a new day....

My equilibrium is off. My ear is back at its tricks. Seeing an ENT this Friday. It is clogged, I can not hear a thing out of it. It is itchy and gross stuff comes out of it. So no work outs for me, all I want to do is sleep (and eat).

I wish if I were to get sick and lose appetite.

I hope to get my ear fixed and hopefully then I'll feel strong enough to start my workouts again.

Zumbachica
03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
SUM you should have taken care of that ear issue in the beginning when i told you!! Im getting the frying pan....LOL...seriously i hope you feel better soon....sounds like an infection if gross stuff is coming out.....I wouldn't feel like working out either.

And don't ever wish for illness .....God forbid.

Apple Blossom
03-19-2014, 02:31 PM
i actually had a decent dinner last night so I feel like I am starting off on the right foot.BUT I also had beer.:nono: AND I skipped rowing practice this morning. :nono: SO I need to get a run in today to make up for it.
This is going to be hard but I will be so incredibly happy if I even lose 5 pounds so it will be worth it.
SUM, I hope your ear is OK!
Zumba, I would like to try some fasting too.
New leaf, good idea about the juicer pulp. I usually give it to my chickens.
Hello to everyone else, my hungry cats are giving me the stare down...

Sum38
03-19-2014, 03:18 PM
I know Zumba :) You were right. I am just too stubborn.

Day is going well for me. One day at a time, right? I had no bfast, succulent salad for lunch and planning on feasting on asparagus and grilled salmon for dinner.

Tomorrow will be a bit tricky. Meeting my "lunch ladies" for lunch. We meet once per month for lunch and once per month for drinks. I already checked out the menu and because of my food allergy, there is only 3 items on the menu that I can have, all salads. I will go with one of them and dressing on the side.

I am feeling tired today, I think it is the ear. No exercise for me.

Zumbachica
03-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Appleblossum: I broke my fast today...too many hours in the house I guess...i had no distraction .....had an avocado and 2 eggs...so I guess today is going to be low carb day......meatballs and salad for dinner.....maybe some spinach to go with it....I feel sad that my kids are going to their dad's tonight but i get to pick them up again on friday..woot woot. Since i'll have noone to cook for tomorrow will be my fast day.

Sum38
03-19-2014, 03:43 PM
http://www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/New-Bob-Haircuts-for-2013.jpg

Sum38
03-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Hah, it worked... I am not that tech savvy. Just married to one.

Anycase that is the hair I would like to have...dark underneath, blonde and red high/low lights. What do you think??? And the cut is so me. I would totally go for it.

Zumbachica
03-19-2014, 03:52 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

its very modern and young.....

Sum38
03-19-2014, 03:53 PM
...and Me :)

love2b150
03-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Marlene, :yay: on being back in range :) only loss .6 more so another .8 to go :)

Heidi LOL where did you get the pretzels or did you make them? but thanks for the calories on them :)

Susan, shaking a tail feather burns calories so I should learn how to do it also ;)

Zumba I started the fast and at around 1:30 I had to have something. I didn't feel so good. I had some cream of chicken soup with broth of course the sodium will kill me. I also ate a small apple. Feeling better and I will keep trying. I have had two travel cups of green tea and no water yet, gotta get that going :)

Sum sorry your ear is still bothering you, I hope it is all straightened out when you see the doctor :hug: and FF :drool: you know I love them and BK has that picture on the window when I drive by I want to stop also ;)

gonna finish catching up in a little while

newleaf123
03-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Zumba I hope you are loving your new closets!

sum Uggh to the fries and the ear! I hope you feel better soon. :hug: Love the hair; it will look great on you!

appleBlossom I love that you give the pulp to the chickens! It just seems like such a waste when I dump it in the trash. I don't put *all* of it in the smoothie, but I try to throw the spinach and kale in the juicer last so I can scoop it out for the blender.

love2b I get the pretzels at Costco...

The only time I ever do a fast is if I need to for a medical procedure. And it's amazing how I can just *do* it -- I think because I don't want anything to mess up the procedure, or make me have to reschedule it. Otherwise, all bets are off!

Making Indian food for dinner tonight; I love to make it at home, without all the oil!

newleaf123
03-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Oh, and good day today. Nobody at my new job knows about my weight loss; they only know me like my avatar photo. I felt like such a normal person when I turned down cake saying, "I wish I could, but I'm focusing on losing a little winter weight." Very nonchalant LOL

Zumbachica
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
NEWLEAF yes I am totally loving how the closet came out...problem is now i have to decide what goes in there, what goes to charity, what goes in storage....the sad part is a lot of it is too small....as much as that makes me sad it also gives me some added incentive to finally get my act together...:carrot: I like how you sounded all non chalant and cool at work about your winter weight...:p Oh and I LOVE Indian food....!!!

LOVE2B Something must be in the air because i am not feeling so hot today myself......I broke down late morning and had an avocado because I was feeling kind of foggy and dizzy....Had two hard boiled eggs for lunch, spinach and greek meatballs for dinner.....a few raspberries (maybe three). Not a big calorie day by any means...but definitely not a fast day...so my fast day has to be tomorrow.....you did the right thing by eating, because you never want to feel sick from fasting..

Apple Blossom..how COOL that you have chickens. I think one of my neighbors does because I heard a rooster when i was taking a walk the other day.....anyhow I don't know how many calories and carbs are in a beer....don't beat yourself up over it, you just had one.

newleaf123
03-19-2014, 08:19 PM
B: cappuccino, hot cereal w/banana
S: pineapple, handful of nuts
L: chipotle pepper hummus, snap peas, chicken quinoa salad, whole grain tortilla chips
S: barley miso broth, 1/2 handful of nuts
D: lemony cilantro chicken, spinach with lentils
S: 2 peanut butter filled pretzels

Chubby mum
03-19-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm in! I'll aim for eight pounds, realistic and then I'll have less than 10 to go.

MarleneV
03-20-2014, 02:30 AM
another long day here... I started out well, but then we went to Mexican for dinner, and I WAY over-did on the chips. Actually, I guess I didn't start out well, because we picked up visitors at the airport just after midnight, and they were hungry, so we stopped to get them some food. I ordered a breakfast taco on wheat tortilla, so that wasn't so bad, except we got chips with that too...

OK, I need to cut out the chips completely. I used to not eat them at all, and then I'd eat just a few, but now a few is getting to be more than I should have. back to the drawing board on this part...

I need a few days of really clean eating. Tomorrow will be fine. Friday evening is not likely to be, but then our guests leave Sat. afternoon, and so I can really pay attention for a few weeks. No exercise today either. Not feeling good about all of this.

Hope everyone is ok. Sum, sorry you are still having ear issues.

Cattails
03-20-2014, 04:17 AM
Wow, this thread is hopping! Rennie, my DS complained about feeling weak a couple days in but just for one day. Maybe start your son low-carbing on Friday so he has the weekend to get past carb-flu? That's awesome that he's so active! My youngest is in cross country and track, though he's sidelined right now with some knee trouble. :( Rennie, sounds like the right move to eat if you're feeling bad. I think fasting is necessarily good for some of us; personally I have gastritis issues and getting too empty gives me serious stomach pain. Do what works for you. :)

Susan, great video! :D And good going on the kilo - that sounds so awesome, to lose kilos; I think I'll start counting in kilos too!

Zumba, what fun to fill your new pretty closet! Sort of like Christmas, isn't it? Maybe I'm just a dork that way. :p Definitely don't want to risk parvo - I had one young dog contract it years back after I delayed getting his third shot :no:, and it was horrible; touch and go for several days, I think he only survived because he was 8 months old at the time and had some reserves to keep him going.

Sum, I swear fast food places and bakeries pipe aromas out to draw you in! Evil yummy fries...:devil: That hair, so fun and sassy - so YOU! Kudos on preplanning your outing, especially with food allergies.

Mm, Heidi, now you've got me thinking of Chicken Tikka Masala - yum! And very nice being breezy! Great idea to throw some pulp back in; I can see how you'd have too much to use it all, but some of the fiber is definitely a good thing.

Good to see you in, Chubby Mum! You've got this!

Marlene, I hear you on the chips; I cannot go out for Mexican without having chips and salsa, that's just the way it is! As long as it's only once in a while, I can get away with it. :D That's smart to nip it in the bud now before seeing any damage from the darned things!

Funny that chickens were mentioned today; my youngest bought 6 new chicks this afternoon to add to his flock. The little peepers are so cute! Aren't chickens fun, Apple?

Okay, think I'm caught up now. :wave: to anybody I missed!

Cattails
03-20-2014, 04:27 AM
I found a four pack of yoga and pilates DVDs in our cabinet a couple of weeks ago - I don't know where they came from! But I've been eager to try them out and tomorrow I'm definitely going to do the pilates one. Or a yoga one. Maybe I'll close my eyes and just grab!

B: plain yogurt and honey vanilla kefir with flaxseed and half a banana
L: chips and salsa, guacamole, and 1/2 of a Chevy's chicken lunch bowl, no rice
S: 1/2 a banana, one carrot, coffee with creamer
D: green salad with beans soaked in artichoke marinade
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate (too much!)

I've been eating too much sugar lately; I know I should cut it out before it gets out of hand, but I keep arguing with myself that I'm maintaining well, so why change? Hm... I think I need a frying pan bonk.

love2b150
03-20-2014, 08:25 AM
I never got back here yesterday and this place is jumping ;)

Apple Blossom :wave:

Sum love the hair style and it would definitely be a great look for you :) Hope you are feeling better today :hug:

Thanks Heidi :) and great NSV on the cake, and feeling good :)

Zumba I am not sure what's going on with me, seems I am always not feeling my best for some reason. I didn't have a high calorie day either but I did have high carbs (I think) I still haven't added everything up on MFP for yesterday then TOM came this morning. I'll be so glad when I am done with this part of my life :) I think you ate well :)

Marlene, it happens. :hug: I need to go back to clean eating also. I think my issue this go around is TOM coming and I just want what I want. Though I though I was doing well. I ate corn last night and I haven't had corn since December so that could be it. But I wanted it so I ate two cups :nono: Today will be better :)

Thanks Cattails :) that's a great idea except we have my Aunt's bday celebration on Saturday and my youngest son's bday is tomorrow. So we'll have to put it off again. He won't pass up the goodies :) but I'm gonna keep pushing :) LOL on the frying pan ;)

I'm up 1.2 to 166.6 ... I'm gonna blame it on TOM and only 5.5 hours of sleep

FatAbbi
03-20-2014, 01:51 PM
8 weeks... My goal is to lose 8 lbs! 144 lbs is the goal!!

Sum38
03-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Turkey Chili
Number of Servings: 5

Ingredients

1 pound dark ground turkey
1 pounds white ground turkey
2 cans - Kidney beans (do not drain liquid) Chile ready
12 oz. - Any tomato sauce (homemade or jar)
1/2 - 1 jar - Old El Paso Fresh Mexican Style Smooth Pineapple Chile Salsa or any pineapple or mango salsa
Lots of Crushed Pineapple; a large can (I use Dole crushed pineapple in juice)
Chili Powder (as much or as little as suits your taste)
Chopped onion
Red pepper to taste -- optional

Directions
- Brown the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Top with low fat sharp cheddar or fat free sour cream, if it suits you.

Makes approximately 5-6 servings.

Sum38
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
I am making my flat belly cure Spicy Pineapple Chili :drool: It is DH's favorite weekend meal. And so healthy.

I slept in, again. My ear is kicking my butt, luckily I have the ENT appointment tomorrow.

I skipped my ladies luncheon out; I just don't feel well and one ear is clogged so I don't hear anything out of it. It is a sweats day at my household :)

No weigh in for me, once again I am afraid of that scale :nono:

So just chillin out today and making much needed phonecalls.

Zumbachica
03-20-2014, 08:48 PM
2 hard boiled eggs
Avocado
Atkins frozen dinner
Green leaf salad with feta cheese , balsamic and olive oil.
Atkins peanut butter cup

newleaf123
03-20-2014, 09:26 PM
ChubbyMummy, time to change your name yet?? Sounds like you should be SvelteMummy; you are doing awesome!

Marlene, I hear you re: the chips. I have gone the abstinence to portion control to I'm not in control anymore with other things. I know you will conquer the chips...

CatTails and Rennie, I can't imagine either of my kids ever asking for diet advice / help. Nice that yours will come to you for guidance!

CatTails, so cute - new chicks!! So... which DVD did you choose? Here's your frying pan... :frypan:

Rennie, I hope you get more sleep tonight...

FatAbbi, sounds like a great goal! Looks like it's time for a new moniker for you, too. TrimAbbi??

Sum sounds like a great chili! I come and go on crockpots. About the only thing I've figured out how to make is shredded pork. Although I guess I have a good beef stew recipe, too. Oh, and a good ma pao tofu. LOL I guess I do have some recipes! Sorry you missed your lunch... hope you get some ear relief soon!

Zumba sounds like good food for the day. Aren't you hungry? I'd be pretty cranky on that quantity...

Nothing new to report. Had a nice walk this AM. Ate well; since I had a BIG snack when I got home from work, I had very little dinner. Weigh-in tomorrow, and I'm hoping to be back to 161, which is what my last weigh-in was, I don't know how long ago. Valentines Day, maybe?

B: cappuccino, portabella & carmelized onion fritatta
S: papaya protein shake, 1/2 handful nuts
L: salad of arugula, tomato, red pepper, snap peas, hummus, no dressing; chicken quinoa salad
S: 2 bananas, whole grain tortilla chips, hummus
D: salad of lettuce, tomato, red pepper, snap peas, zucchini; jalapeno pickles; slice of muenster cheese, 4 peanut butter pretzels
S: 1/2 handful of nuts

FatAbbi
03-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Maybe AlmostTrimAbbi lol

newleaf123
03-21-2014, 07:42 AM
160.6 this AM, so down 3.5 this week. Must have been water. So I guess now the work begins... 6 pounds left for Chicken Day, almost 8 weeks. Totally doable. I just have to do it...

Sum38
03-21-2014, 10:16 AM
I forgot to weigh in this morning, I slept until very last minute :-) I am at the ENT 's office, hopefully I will find some relief for my ear. All I want to do is sleep.
I think I ate too much of my chili yesterday :O I feel a bit bloated.
My size eights feel tight, which is making me sad. I need to get my mojo back, hopefully one this ear feels better I'll be more motivated.
I don't know if I will get any exercise in today.
Plan for today is
Bfast none
Lunch salad with veggies and salmon
Dinner chicken with veggies

Magicsusan
03-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Cattails, I'm glad you liked the video- I bet a workout like that would burn some serious calories, not to mention what it would do for your stamina! As far as counting in kilos is concerned, it has ad-and-disad-vantages. I have fewer to lose, but it takes longer till I've lost one too :D I need to lose about 100 pounds- that sounds waaaaay too big!

Sum, I am so far behind on this thread, I'm on page four where you say you're going to the ENT- I'll read on and cross my fingers for you, ear pain and the accompanying grogginess is no fun! :hug: Oh, I see you're just now at the ENT. Hope all goes well and you get your amazing energy back!

Heidi, good luck with the 6 pounds. If you struggle, there are people here who will be happy to frying-pan you- out of love, of course! ;) but I doubt you'll need it.

Abbi, Apple, Rennie, Chubbymummy, hello to you all, and anyone I've missed. Have a great weekend! :carrot:

Lol, Got so busy with my replies I forgot to tell you how I'm doing on my goals.
I'm doing fine on the exercising (dumbbells, c25k) Haven't been walkies, but honestly, the c25k is kinda wiping me out, which may be why I don't have energy for it except sundays.
Eating is going well, DH is away, which, frankly, is good; with three girlies, we just don't have such an appetite as he has- for example, we had fruit salad with vanilla quark for dinner the other night and it was enough. When he's around, I tend to cook geared toward his appetite, which is simply more than we need!
Weight loss so far, 900g, so, after three weeks of (literally :D) running my butt off with no loss, huzzah!

Zumbachica
03-21-2014, 01:07 PM
MAGICSUSAN: sounds like you have it all in control....good for you.

NEWLEAF: down 3.5 is amazing....:) to answer your question , no I was't really cranky yesterday but I did feel a bit weak...mostly because it was a day so low in carbs. Today I am allowing myself two slices of ezekial bread and thats it for bread carbs....just so I can get some energy back. I didn't have that peanut butter cup last night after all but I did go out and have two vodka diet cokes....

SUM, I'm glad you FINALLY went to the doctor..you stubborn Finn you...

Zumbachica
03-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Well I finally had a tiny woosh. Picked up BF from train station last night and we went out for a nightcap....i had vodka diet cokes. totally low calorie and low carb as far as alcohol goes. It was funny because I had a buzz on and it must be because of my low calorie consumption yesterday.

Im finally down to 148.8 and I'm so NOT going to complain about it. Any change in that direction is a good change.

I taught my aqua class today....taking the doggie for a walk (not that she can walk very far). Vet weighed her yesterday, she's barely 3 lbs. He said she will not grow to be more than 10 lbs. anyway i won't kid myself into thinking that i will be getting more workouts in today, i have to put clothes into my new closet...no small feat.....:belly:

Sum38
03-21-2014, 06:31 PM
My red turned out really red, yikes. I like it though. It is between strawberry blonde and carrot head :D DH really liked it. Said that my hair isn't boring any more :) :) The blonde highlights give a nice contrast. I like the cut too. It isn't as drastic as the picture I posted. Softer lines.

Day is going well; I decided to fast since I have been so naughty what comes to food. I will eat salad for dinner.

Ear is already feeling better. The cleaning/sucking they did helped tremendously. Plus the drops he put in and the antibiotic drops he gave me.

I am waiting for my hubby to get ready to go to the gym. I will walk on treadmill for 30-60 minutes, depending how long he is working out. I am still feeling kind of weak, so I won't lift weights. Maybe tomorrow.

Zumbachica
03-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Sum post a pic of your hair..does it look like the pic you posted???

Sum38
03-21-2014, 08:51 PM
No, it is more drastic red and the cut isn't as angular. It really brings out my eyes, my eyes are quite bright green.

Apple Blossom
03-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Well, rough start to the challenge. As usual I am eating terribly. BUT! Today I went for a 5K that I thought would suck but although it started out slow, finished quite well.:D I am often thinking that all this exercise doesn't really help but if I can get motivated to do a couple of 3 milers and a couple of 4 every week, I think it would make a difference.
Sum, definitely post a pick of your hair. I really need to do something with mine.
Zumba, sounds like you are on the right track!
Have a great week end everyone!

Cattails
03-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Sum, I'm adding my vote here: let's see your new look! I'm so glad you got in to the doctor and got some relief. I'm positive that your mojo is resurfacing now that you're feeling better. :)

Apple, it's awesome that you are running! Exercise is a big part of the equation and absolutely does make a difference. ;)

Hm, Susan, I see what you mean re: the kilos vs. pounds. LOL But I have to know: what is vanilla quark?!

Zumba, nice going! It's great to hear you feeling in control. :high:

Great start, Heidi! Six pounds in 8 weeks, you can do it! :cheer2: And thanks for the frying pan; I think it's helped!

I'm holding out for AtGoalAbbi. ;)

Cattails
03-22-2014, 03:32 AM
I didn't do much of anything yesterday, felt kinda crummy. Not enough sleep and that means headachey and stomach pain for whatever reason. Tried going for a walk and that was not good. Today was much better and I decided on the beginning yoga DVD. I thought it'd be no big deal at all since I've been doing some yoga workouts for almost 2 years, but surprisingly I did feel it in my arms and legs afterwards! Would have done the pilates one as well but headed into town for errands with DH.

Oh, also surprised that today I weighed in at 115 for the second day in a row. If that stays the same tomorrow, I'm changing my ticker! (My 3-day rule.)

B: kefir with flaxseed and 1/2 a banana
S: almonds, craisins and sunflower seeds
L: bowl of minestrone with a little bread, a small chicken caesar salad
D: green bean stirfry
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

Magicsusan
03-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Cattails-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product)

It's the creamy, german style they show in the picture. A little firmer than yogurt, more protein...

Sum, so glad your ear is better!
Zumba, have fun with your closet- getting organised always makes me feel good!

Had about two weeks of wooooonderful weather here, so I'm no complaining, but today is pouring rain!
I'm strangely un-hungry, which is probably good because it's pizza night in the Magic household. :yay: This involves my weekly glass of red, red wine, too.
Tomorrow I hope to go for a longish walk, since I haven't been so far this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!

Sum38
03-22-2014, 09:57 AM
I slept poorly, as well. I guess it was my turn. Each time I fell asleep, my DS did something noisy around the house, incl. 2 pm started his truck and went for a McD run. I was basically done sleeping at that point.

I finally ventured on my scale and it was a positive surprise; 142.4. I feel quite good about it, because I thought I was around 144 pounds. Maybe by next Friday I could see 140 :crossed: Next Friday is a big anniversary for me. A year ago I decided to take control of my health and life and make positive changes. I have managed to drop 25 pounds and be happier as a person, not because of my weightloss, but just outlook on life, in general. I am happy about my weightloss as well. -- Secretly I was hoping to be at goal at this point, but 25 pounds is a great accomplishment.

My fast day went well. I finally stuck through a whole day and did not pig out at the end of it, just had a decent sized salad with protein. No snacks even later on at night, just some flavored water.

Today I am planning on consuming 1200 cals and getting some exercise in; weights, puppy walk and a possible swim. I am a bit hesitant to swim because of my ear, even though the doc tor did not tell me to limit any activities, plus I don't put my face in the water (I told you I am a terrible swimmer :D).

newleaf123
03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Oh, my -- salty dinner last night! Weight was up this AM. Weekends are historically tough. Dinner out with the neighbors tonight, NHL game tomorrow.

B: hot cereal with banana.
S: green protein smoothie
L: handful of nuts, butternut posole soup, whole grain tortilla chips, hummus, banana
D: will plan to gave salad, no dressing.

Zumbachica
03-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Sum why don't you buy ear plug just to make sure water doesn't get in your ear?

Zumbachica
03-22-2014, 08:37 PM
fell off the wagon today..had a hard day with my son , and that's all it took. Will fast tomorrow to make up for it.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-23-2014, 02:21 AM
I am in weighed in at 202.8 3/21. I think I can get below 190 especially on this regimen the personal trainer has me on. Went through BK today. Bought my daughter onion rings and the dog bacon-cheeseburger. Not hungry so I had none.

Sum: glad to hear your ear is getting better. I like that hairstyle.

Zumba: puppy doing better with crate training? Is he less clingy?

Rennie: sorry to hear about your son wanting to eat all the time. I have the same struggles with my daughter.

Heidi: what the heck is butternut possule soup?

Catails: feel better soon. :hug:

Susan: I have yet to find that quark. I heard about it in a magazine. Good? Great job on your goals.

Apple blossom: great job on the run. It's always good to be rewarded.

Chubby mum & notsofatabbi. And anyone else I missed hope all is well.

Chubby mum
03-23-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm weighing on tues this week as it'll be 6 months since baby no 4 was born and for no particular reason I want to know how much I've lost at that point.

Weekends are hard for me too - DH tends to cook and his curries etc always seem to be richer and more salty than mine. I feel like it takes me till mid week to drop the water weight.

My fitness is actually good at the moment - which is great but not good for weight loss. I'll have to run harder or for longer, I suppose. I'd love to go to the gym but I run at night time as it is and I usually come back to the baby needing a breast milk top up, half the dishes (cos DH has been with the baby) and the school stuff to sort out. I know lots of mums make their kids do their own school bag organisation but my big kids are only 7 and 6 and for now I still see that as my job.

Speaking of jobs, I'm going back very very part time in a few months, really only to stay in touch rather than anything else. My task this week is to sort out child care I'm comfortable with - I'll probably only do 2 mornings/week.

Hope everyone is well.

Sum38
03-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Morning :sunny:

Sun is out!! :) It is cold though :(

I had a pretty good OP day yesterday.
B - None
L - Salad w/smoked salmon, few crackers w/cream cheese
D - Porkloin w/veggies
S - Apple w/pb, orange

Cals around 1200.

I was down a bit, weight wise. The 140 by Friday feels reachable now.

I walked my pup, lifted weights and even swam (I did not even think about earplugs Zumba, thanks).

So overall I feel like that I am back on track, I am starting to meet my exercise goals. Next week I will track them.

Today I skipped my aerobics class; I slept in. I was getting tired of the 7:30 am alarm going off on Sundays for an aerobic class. So I will power walk on treadmill for 60 min and walk my pup for another 60 min. That should be enough exercise for the day :D -- I slept till 10 am :o I think my ear is still making me sleepy eventhough I feel 70% better than I did last week, not back to 100% yet though.

My car is sick :( It needs some transmission work done, it only has 40000 miles on it. Bummer, huh? Luckily my DH is really handy with cars and he will fix it himself. What could have cost us 1000's of $$ will be less than $1000 in parts. -- He likes when I keep him company when he tinkers with the cars; I am hoping for a warm day ;)

Sum38
03-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Zumba, I like your chicken ticker, how appropriate :D

Zumbachica
03-23-2014, 04:14 PM
SUM I change my ticker with every challenge to make it theme oriented, only to fail the challenge...LOL..I have to laugh at this point.

CHUBBYMUM: I always felt it to be so exciting losing weight after babies, and seeing my body shrink back to where it was supposed to be. I am not going to say it was easy, but it was way easier than me trying to lose weight now at 47...i guess my metabolism has died.....

CARMA thanks for asking about puppy. She is doing better. She doesn't cry as much. I have her in the crate at night for more hours...she wakes up once to go potty and I put her back...the less time she's in my bed the better. Even the vet said she is way too small a puppy to take her into bed, if she falls she can injure her head and the fontanel is still open which is common in chihuahuas

NEWLEAF I love how your daily food includes carbs like bananas and other things and you still lose weight. A very healthy diet indeed....I'm not sure if it would work for me....

Zumbachica
03-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Well I fell off the wagon yesterday but i'm not going to kick myself over it, its done. I'm still determined to lose this weight by May 14. I took a hike today with BF....I was FREEZING.....it was a nice walk on a lovely trail....I just wish it were warmer.....not sure how many calories we burned but it was better than staying home....

I'm trying to figure out how exactly to fix the fact that i'm an emotional eater. There has to be a book on the subject somewhere. I think I definitely need some kind of behavior modification.....my problems aren't going anywhere soon.....

The boys want Outback for late lunch/early dinner ....I think the food there is awful....so much salt...but i ordered a sesame salad with chicken, on my way to pick it up now...I love curbside pick up...the epitome of laziness....LOL.....I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

I won't be weighing myself until Wednesday.

Cattails
03-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Susan, you're so lucky with your kilos and quark! LOL

Carma, nice going on the drive-thru!

Chubby, I hear that - my DH does half the cooking here and always uses more oil and salt than I do; and his food often tastes the better for it, darn it!

Sum, I see that mojo shining through your posts! Hope your ear and car are back to 100% soon.

Zumba, glad to hear the puppy is settling in. I believe there are lots of books on emotional eating. Have you ever read any of Geneen Roth's writings? She's all about emotional eating. And The Beck Solution seems to be based on some kind of behavior modification - I don't know from any personal experience but it might be helpful to you. With your determination, you will master your challenges! Hope your Sunday was wonderful as well.

Cattails
03-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Scale's back at 116, though barely, so my ticker stays the same. But I'm really happy to see that my measurements are continuing to go down little by little - yay! This strength stuff must be doing something. I keep asking my husband if my arms look weird - they're all muscle-y like. He says not to worry so I guess they're okay, but he likes to tell me to "show him the guns!"

Yesterday:
B: oatmeal with dried fig, banana and walnuts
L: green salad topped with fajita-style chicken and veggies
D: small chicken caesar salad, boiled broccoli with thai peanut sauce, a little corned beef

E: 30 minute walk, 85 minutes strength circuit, 15 minutes yoga/stretching

Zumbachica
03-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Cattails...85 minutes seems like a really long time for a strength circuit..exactly how many different machines are you using or are you doing free weights as well?

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Ugh, did the exercise bike today. Torture device. I wanted to do that over running as I did squats, lunges, hamstring curls, kickbacks.

I will be out to eat tomorrow night. We are closing on our home equity loan. I think I will have to skip piloxing. May bring clothes just in case. If not I will run. Most restaurants are accommodating with double veg. It's the sodium that kills you.

Catails: impressive on the guns. When they measured me my neck and upper arm are the same. I would kill for some guns.

Sum: 70% is better than you were doing. Small steps. Sorry to hear about your car. Huge money saving for you having your husband fix it for only parts cost.

Chubby mum: jealous of having a husband that cooks curry. I love curry. I can't believe the baby is 6 months.

Zumba: glad the puppy is better. I hear you on the emotional eating. No chance you could go for an emotional walk?

Everyone else hi!

MarleneV
03-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA. Had some exchange students and DD here for spring break, so between them and work, I've been pretty busy. Food mostly OP though and weight in range at 125.5 this am. Little real exercise, got one walk in, no 30DS so will have to start back on that... The exchange students wanted to ride a mechanical bull, so did that one night, I think that counts for something.

Down to the last 3 weeks of tax season now, and by the time those are done we should be into our really nice weather too. Then I'll figure out what my real goals are for the next few months, both diet/exercise as well as for work.

Sum & Cattails, sorry you've not been feeling 100%. I'm very pleased to say that since I've lost the weight & gotten more fit, I've not been sick, not even a major cold. DH & DD both have gotten sick this year, i would usually follow suit. Could also be the vitamins & supplements I'm taking are helping. I take a good multi, B complex, 1000 mg C, eye vitamins and a calcium supplement.

Cattails
03-24-2014, 02:08 AM
Zumba, it was a new routine for me so I went through it verrrryyy slowly! It should take a lot less time but I'm still counting it! Heehee... And it's free weights and body weight stuff, I don't go to a gym.

Magicsusan
03-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone :wave:

Cattails and Carma, I like quark. There's also one I buy Stratciatella, which is vanilla with chocolate chips, and I always keep this in the fridge because it's not too high in calories (about 150 in the pot) and it's like a dessert, plus it has good stuff like protein and calcium. I like yogurt, too, but this has a bit more protein and is a bit more... decadent? Due, I guess to being less sour...

Zumba, I'm sorry you're struggling and I second Cattails that many of Geneen Roth's books might be just what you need. It might be worth giving them a try. Helped get me out of the yo-yo and into a life.

Chubbymum and everyone else on the subject of (my) DH cooking: No. Just... No. Liters of oil and the food doesn't taste better :barf: Love him, but... No.

Lol on the length of Cattails' workout: at the beginning I was also a bit slow and when I emerged from the living room my husband said "wow, two hours, that's substantial!" I just looked at him and said, "So am I." at the time I was well over 250. I settled in and now it takes about 45 min.

Went running in the snow this morning (yuk!) but WENT EFFING RUNNING. PERIOD. Total win! :woohoo:

Stay warm and healthy, everyone, I'll see you tomorrow after weigh-in.

Sum38
03-24-2014, 07:31 AM
I was hoping to see a loss, but my weight stayed the same. It did not help that for 2 days straight I had smoked salmon for lunch :o and after vigorous exercise this weekend, I have DOMS again. So my muscles must be retaining water as well. Well, I hope to have a nice whoosh in the future :) I still have 8 days to drop 1.8 pounds. :crossed:

b- none
l - smoked salmon, cream cheese and a few crackers. Salad.
d - left over porkloin, veggies, salad
s - apple w/pb, orange
Cals around 1300

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
4.7 mile power treadmill walk 60 min

Weight 141.8
No change

Zumbachica
03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Not weighing in until wednesday.

Not having a good day today....sons are both home sick from school and dog had me up last night....she pooped in her crate and wouldn't go back in there even after i cleaned it up....seh just screamed and screamed.....i'm losing patience.....why didn't i get a cat instead.

my eating is low priority today. Just want to eat enough to be able to teach my three classes...two down, one more to go.......fast day tomorrow.

Zumbachica
03-24-2014, 04:01 PM
cattails where do you get your routine from?

love2b150
03-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Ok three or more pages behind …

I haven't been doing good I was at 167.2 yesterday and at 166.8 this morning after 5.5 hours of sleep. I MUST get below 165.6 to see a loss for March and I still want to reach my bday goal of 160-159 … 156, so I need to get my head in gear so that my body can follow. My eating hasn't really been bad but maybe I'm not eating enough and the small snacking that I have done is just taking residence in water weight :shrug: I have a ton to accomplish. All I can ask is that you all wish me luck.

Marlene I think you're doing great. When tax season is over the numbers will drop when you have more time for you :hug: Which multi-vitamin do you take?

… Carma great job at the drive in :high: fries call my name just by the smell so you did wonderfully :)

Zumba hope the boys feel better soon :hug: and the puppy stops keeping you up :hug:

Sum 1.8 for you is definitely doable :)

Cattails 116, way to go :high:

Susan running in the snow, dedication my friend :high:

Heidi :wave:

Chubby Mum my baby's are 10 and 13 and I still keep up with their bag organization. I'll do it with the 15 and 16 year olds also if and when I feel the need to (mainly my 16 year old). ;)

My husband doesn't cook at all. I tried to teach him but it takes him too too long and he needs measurements. I don't measure. I cook like my Great Grandmother … I just cook :) unless it's something new that I have never tried that sounds good, then I need a recipe ;)

Cattails
03-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Zumba, I've been getting the Prevention magazine for the past 10 years or so, thanks to my kind MIL; I have saved most of them and regularly scour issues for various workouts. So I'm always changing up routines, at least every couple of months, and often combine routines or alternate two or three. My nightstand is piled with the little mags! LOL

Sorry to hear your boys are sick; my youngest is home today with a cold as well. Hope yours recover quickly. Poor puppy, sounds like she just couldn't hold it? Dogs have such a sensitive sense of smell and won't sleep where they've messed if they can at all help it - scrubbing her crate with white vinegar and rinsing well will neutralize urine smells and Nature's Miracle or Nature's Remedy (from pet stores) will neutralize urine and feces odor.

Try to do something just for you today, okay? I know it's tough when you have so much on your plate, but you're important, too. :hug:

Cattails
03-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Susan, stratciatella quark?! I want to move to Switzerland! And LOL on your DH's cooking, too funny. Nice going on the snow run!

Marlene, you (mechanical) cowgirl you! That sounds so fun.

Zumbachica
03-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Zumba, I've been getting the Prevention magazine for the past 10 years or so, thanks to my kind MIL; I have saved most of them and regularly scour issues for various workouts. So I'm always changing up routines, at least every couple of months, and often combine routines or alternate two or three. My nightstand is piled with the little mags! LOL

Sorry to hear your boys are sick; my youngest is home today with a cold as well. Hope yours recover quickly. Poor puppy, sounds like she just couldn't hold it? Dogs have such a sensitive sense of smell and won't sleep where they've messed if they can at all help it - scrubbing her crate with white vinegar and rinsing well will neutralize urine smells and Nature's Miracle or Nature's Remedy (from pet stores) will neutralize urine and feces odor.

Try to do something just for you today, okay? I know it's tough when you have so much on your plate, but you're important, too. :hug:

Im impressed that you made up your own routine.....my fitness certification is in group fitness...so resistance training is a mystery to me.....i was thinking of biting the bullet and having some sessions with a trainer as well as working at home with free weights....Years ago i did free weights with routine followed by books by Joyce Vedral and it really made a difference but then again i was in my 20's!!!

There was no way i could do something nice for me today, too busy ...and tomorrow is a wash as well...but Wednesday i'm finally getting my nails done...Thursday roots done...iv been neglecting myself and i look pretty bad....

Zumbachica
03-24-2014, 09:22 PM
today was definitely a carb day, probably because of my sleep deprivation and me teaching three classes.....i have a mini goal of being 147 by sunday...so as of tomorrow its "you know whats" to the wall....i also have decided to bite the bullet and do som personal training sessions with a trainer that works at one of the gyms i teach at...maybe i'll get discount because I"m staff..but i doubt it. i really need to get my act together because i refuse to spend another summer hiding underneath moo moo dresses.

MarleneV
03-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Rennie, I get all of my vitamins at Costco, I'm taking a women's multi.

Cattails, the mechanical bull was a blast. I wouldn't have done that 2 years ago...

Speaking of 2 years ago, I have a photo that I show people as a before that was taken 2 years ago last week. The response I always get is "WOW, that doesn't look anything like you do now". We were looking at some other photos the past few days, and its hard to believe that I really did weigh that much. Gives me the incentive to keep working at maintenance.

Today was a good day OP for food, and I definitely got in all of my water.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Magicsusan
03-25-2014, 03:52 AM
Susan, stratciatella quark?! I want to move to Switzerland! And LOL on your DH's cooking, too funny. Nice going on the snow run!

Nooooooooo! I spelled stracciatella with a 't'? And now I've contaminated you too, Cattails! I am so sorry. I'm taking Italian, too. How utterly embarrassing.

But- Cattails and Rennie, the dedication to run in the snow is paying off! Another pound down! I can totally live with that :)

So far, so good. I'm off to play with my dumbbells now. I'm a little nervous about the upcoming hols; my weakness for Dunkin' Donuts is not to be underestimated. OTOH, the Outer Banks must be a great place to run...

Keep up the good work everyone. One day at a time.

Cattails
03-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Zumba, working with a personal trainer sounds fun! I have been to a gym a few times long ago, enjoyed it a lot; I just don't have access to one these days. And there was a time way back that I took aerobics classes just for fun. I don't mind working out on my own at all, though, and most of the routines I use are whole-body workouts, and changing up the workouts so frequently ensures that I'm hitting all the muscle groups - at least that's what I'm hoping. :D

Marlene, there's some saying about 'you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been,' something like that; I think it's important to keep an eye on the past. I have a health journal I've been writing in the past couple years and I read old entries frequently to recall my journey and mindset at various stages - it's enlightening. And yes, girl, you've come a long way! :cheer:

Rennie and Zumba, low sleep really messes with everything, doesn't it?! Here's hoping you get more sleep and shake a few pounds. Nails and hair, that's good pampering. :)

Okay, Susan, stracciatella, stracciatella, stracciatella - there, I've got it locked in right, no harm done! Good luck running right past those Dunkin' Donuts. LOL

newleaf123
03-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Things moving so fast!! Got totally derailed I've the weekend. Back on track today. Still doing my push-ups, yay!

Will check in later...

Sum38
03-25-2014, 12:05 PM
I fasted yesterday and I gained a pound :mad: -- Usually I don't get hungry on fast days but yesterday I was miserable. I was at the FCA, so I did not even have any food. I could have bought some candy but refused (good girl :angel:). I had sensible dinner and voila I am up a pound today. So frustrating. Makes me think that if I had eaten all day as normal, I would be up 3 pounds. UGH! A double UGH!

So today will be a normal eating day for me, I will probably gain Boo!

Hah, just checked; I am ovulating; no wonder my weight is up. :carrot:

Rant over :D

It is snowing, again. We need to get like 3 inches of snow to break a record for the snowiest winter ever.

Testerday
B - tea
L - Fast
D - Porkloin w/ veggies, salad
S - Apple w/pb

Exercise - None

Weight
Up 1 lb

Sum38
03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Noone home??

I'll make it quick then ;)

B - Green Tea
L - Salad w/ grilled chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and vinaigrette dressing
D - Porkloin, veggies and salad
S - Apple w/pb

Exercise
Weights 45 min, 4.7 mile power walk 60 min

Weight
No change

Zumbachica
03-26-2014, 01:28 PM
I took a few days off from "dieting" to just refresh and regroup. The damage done was not as bad as I thought it would be. I"m not happy about being back up to 150...but i thought for sure i would be somewhere around 155.....

Dog peed on my scale this morning,,,,i was annoyed but laughed at the same time.....I think she has the right idea.

I chatted a bit with the trainer that i want to use...45 minutes for a half hour, 80 for a full hour and a discount for a package of five sessions......I think i'm going to have to give up something to make this work with my budget, I'm just not sure what. My "free" dog has cost me a bundle this past month. I'm just going to give up shopping for the time being, no clothes, no shoes, no makeup.....I have more than enough of what i need.....maybe less dinners with friends.

Cattails, working out at home is ideal...its just that i never get around to doing it....an appointment with an expensive trainer is not something I can blow off. I don't think working with a trainer is fun...I have done it before over the years...its hard work and i feel like a weakling.

Zumbachica
03-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Home today, it is extremely windy and the wind chill factor is 20 degrees...feels more like 10. The dog won't go potty outside...she stands there and shakes..poor thing....and poor me...LOL....

My eating today has been low carb except for a slice of ezekial bread. I feel kind of weak and i'm not sure why.....I'm getting enough calories in for sure. I don't have kids this weekend so it should be easier to control what i'm eating since i'm only cooking for me..thank God for those Atkins frozen dinners.

Zumbachica
03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
SUM You are going to have a big woosh! I just know it...

Chubby mum
03-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Sum - I eat twice or even three times as much as you!

I weighed in today (instead of tomorrow) cos TOM and its bloat is due soon and I'm down 2 pounds. I'm averaging 0.5 kg a week which is just over a pound a week but I expect that to slow soon.

I've become a bit complacent about what I eat but it doesn't seem to be mattering too much. Limiting biscuits, cakes and sweets and complex white carbs seems to be working so I'll stick with it for now. I still have a big handful of belly when I sit down but standing up things are good. I actually think my tummy will survive the 4 babies thing quite well but I suspect my boobs are beyond all help!

It's rainy/stormy here which is great as it cuts through the humidity a bit. Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

MarleneV
03-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Checking in real quick... this is just the time of year that I keep super busy... Still OP, within calories, and got a walk in this evening. 124.0 this am, betting that won't stick.

thanks Cattails, yes, looking back to see where I came from seems to keep me on track. Particularly when dealing with the stress that this time of the year brings. My old go-to was a Chick-fil-a chocolate milkshake. haven't had a milkshake in 20 months, not planning on having one, its simply not on my list of options...

Sum38
03-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Marlene I hope that your 124 sticks! -- I keep thinking about you and your job; what a stressful time. Just think of April 15th and the drink you will have to celebrate the last day :)

Chubbymom If I ate any more, I would start gaining like mad. But I am not breast feeding wither :) Enjoy! I wish I could eat more.... You are dropping weight nicely, keep doing what you are doing, it is working!!

Zumba I hope your furbaby will get hang of the potty training soon. Luckily she is so small that her poopies must be minis too :)

Heidi :yay: for your push-ups. I hope life is going well for you!

Cattails How are the workouts going?

Susan When are you leaving for the OB? Just keep running past the DD's :D

Carma You are doing fab!!! Onderland is just around the corner! Wow! -- I re-committed to my fitbit yesterday. I saw that you have been posting your steps. I had a good step day 18000, today won't go so well though. Both kids have doctor appointments, no time to get two walks in....

Rennie :wave: Where are you?

Sum38
03-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Still waiting for my whoosh; I did lose a pound though. I have a feeling that there may not be a whoosh in my future, just painfully slow down ticks if I manage to stay OP. I need to learn to look at the BIG picture. I am just too impatient.

How come scale can jump UP 3 pounds in one day but it does not happen the otherway :lol:

I don't feel bloated anymore....so what ever bloat I had came off with that measly pound. (Could I sound any more displeased... :lol3:)

I had a great OP day yesterday. Ate well and walked 8 miles. I took over 18000 steps.

B - Green Tea
L - Salad w/chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and vinaigrette dressing
D - GF pasta, pasta sauce w/meat, veggie and small salad.
S - Apple w/pb

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
4.7 power walk 60 min

Weight
Down 1 lb

Zumbachica
03-27-2014, 03:48 PM
not weighing in today.....exhausted.....no plans for the weekend except to train this puppy and eat clean.

Cattails
03-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Sum, I took a break from working out for a few days; felt kinda off for whatever reason. Did finally go out for a walk and did a light strength routine today (only 30 minutes!) to remind my muscles what they're there for, and tried out the beginning pilates DVD in my pack. Not much new in it for me, but I enjoyed going along with the narrator. Looking forward to doing the intermediate one soon.

Wow, 8 miles and 18000+ steps?! My feet ache just thinking about it!

Rest up, Zumba, you'll feel better for it, I'm sure.

:wave: to everyone!

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Just a quick check in, no time for personals. Still grinding the grind and working out here. I haven't fallen off the wagon.

MarleneV
03-28-2014, 02:26 AM
Sum, thanks! I'm looking forward to 5:00 on 4/15. We'll go for a drink then, and the next day I think we are leaving for a camping trip to the beach. Still working on that plan. And, the 124 did not stick, I was 125.5 this am, which is fairly normal. I'm impressed with the 8 miles walking!

OP today for me, including a lunch with a client. Walk this evening after dinner, and then 2 hours of productive work time after that, so it was a good day. about 1250 calories for the day.

Work Friday & Saturday, and taking Sunday off. Plan is to go on car club drive to local wineries, should be fun.

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi friends. What's the matter with me??! I eat well, I like eating well, I like being thin. And yet... ugh. Way up this week. I need to stop this.

Anyway, still no candy, and still doing pushups, so those are the positives. My DH is feeling disgusted with himself, too. Spring can't come soon enough! Wait, it is Spring... ugh. Very, very windy here today, too.

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Didn't someone promise me a frying-pan bonk if I needed it?? Bring it on...

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 11:02 AM
zumba I just remembered -- how are you liking your GLK?? I've had mine for 3 years now, and on the one hand I love it. But... with DS1 at 6'2", and DS2 following on the same path, it is feeling SMALL... So, I have an ML loaner car in the garage that I need to return this morning, while my car is in the shop for it's inspection. I think I'm in love... although it's too pricey. But maybe on the 2nd-hand market???

Sum38
03-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Heidi since you insisted :D

:frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan:

And this for a good measure :rollpin:

Sum38
03-28-2014, 12:51 PM
I did horrid yesterday. Ate everything I could get my hands on. I did not even bother tallying it up. I guess it was my "cheat" day... I should learn to cheat on better things :D

I did not weigh in this morning, I did not want to get all sad about it. I will wait a few days before I step on that scale and let everything settle down.

I doubt I'll make my 140 mini goal by the time this month is up. Overall this month was a wash. I will prolly end up exactly where I started at or with a small gain. -- Looking at the bright side; I maintained.

I started my day off poorly, but what happened happened and I am looking forward. I am forgiving myself :) I have a nice salad planned for lunch and Tilapia dinner. I will also do a long day at the gym; weights, power walk and swim.

I just made a very nice pot of soup; lemon chicken rice soup. The Greek kind. But it is for hubby only; if I start eating it, I won't stop. -- I made some chili last night and I kept showing that down my throat all night long. After I already had had a dinner.

Off to do my exercises. TaTa for now.

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Sum :rollpin: :frypan: right back at you!

Magicsusan
03-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi, everyone.

About to fall off the internet, here, though I'm sure I'll have some access... Anyway, see you mid April!

Am knackered from all the washing and packing, but went running today anyway :)

Cattails
03-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Great attitude, Sum; the past is in the past, learn from it what you can and move on! And try not to 'make up' for your indulgences too much. :)

Heidi, no candy and daily pushups are definitely positives! But I'll throw a frying pan your way since you asked. :frypan:

Marlene, what kind of car club are you in? My folks have been members of several for as long as I can remember, and since my sister got her Mini, she's been a part of that club.

Have a great time, Susan, see you soon!

:wave: to everyone else.

I've got to shop for some new coffee. My usual is giving me stomach pains and I don't want to give it up! Hope some low acid coffee will work for me and be tasty too. Why, oh why is it so hard to give things up, even when they hurt us?

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Okay, trying to have a good food day:

B: cappuccino
L: cup of homemade split pea & apple soup, 1/2 avocado, wasa cracker with homemade curried baba ghanoush (sp??)
S: grapefruit, handful of nuts
S: carefully measured out serving of Lucky Charms (just the cereal, no milk)
D: baked chicken, garden salad with no dressing, 1/3 mango

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the :frypan: I've responded to the treatment well...

27 pushups. Yeah, with breaks. But still, I'm impressed! I'm 5 sessions in to the 10-session plan. On the 10th session it's 20 pushups, no breaks. I'm pretty amazed, actually. We'll see...

love2b150
03-28-2014, 10:50 PM
as usual you all are busy ...

Carma :wave:

Marlene, I'll be glad when tax season is over :hug:

Sum thanks for thinking of me :hug:

Heidi good job on the push ups :)

Cattails coffee sometimes makes me sick to my stomach also. I never thought about the acid in it, thanks :) Hope you find some that you like/love :)

Susan enjoy :)

Zumba how the puppy cooperates this weekend :)

I've been doing well, blood sugar is good and I have reached an all time low of 163.6. I am really determined to get to 160 by my birthday :crossed:

newleaf123
03-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Rennie, you are doing incredibly well!! No :rollpin: for you!

love2b150
03-28-2014, 11:44 PM
LOL Thanks Heidi ... I need to find the emoji so I can use it on myself from time to time :)

MarleneV
03-29-2014, 01:49 AM
Cattails, I own a Nissan 350z roadster. Mostly guys in our group, and anywhere from the Datsun 240z models clear up to current day Nissan 370z models are present. It's my main hobby now. I really enjoy the tech talk, and we have drives most of the year, but skip the summer because it's too hot for the old cars.

Rennie, me too! Thanks for the support!:hug: I'll figure this out after I get past that day.

Had an OP day, except the bottle of beer I decided to indulge in this evening. Still was just under 1400 cal for the day, so that's good. I'm really getting bored eating salad with chicken though... That's lunch every day and a lot of dinners. Partially because I'm so busy & it's easy. I got home this evening & no one else was home, I ate dinner by myself. Contributed to my little self pity party... Basically 2.5 weeks left.

Cattails
03-29-2014, 04:08 AM
Marlene, I LOVE the new Zs!! My first car was a '72 240z - oh, it was so fun. I still regret selling it off but just couldn't justify keeping the two seater once baby #2 came along. We talk about getting another old one and making it into a Scarab, but a beautiful modern 350z would really be the way to go. :D I used to know a couple guys in the CA Z club... some 30 years ago!

Salad burnout - do you vary your salads often? Sometimes I make mine half shredded savoy cabbage, add some soaked maifun noodles and spicy asian dressing (a la Coco's) and top it with sesame seeds, other times a beef noodle salad with rice wine vinegar and ginger, though usually mine are loaded with marinated kidney beans and chickpeas instead of meat; for toppings I will use a bit of feta cheese or a tablespoon of sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds, or a handful of craisins, maybe some chunks of orange, as the mood strikes. And sometimes just don't feel like salad at all!

You're doing a great job managing through this time of year - you're almost there!

Cattails
03-29-2014, 04:20 AM
Rennie, you are awesome! I'm so happy for you - gonna see that 160 and below really, really soon now!

Heidi, do you like the addition of apple in the split pea? Sounds like a really interesting variation!

I had a bit of an indulgent day myself: half a turkey and provolone sandwich from the Costco food court and movie popcorn (went to see Noah). Ate pretty lightly the rest of the day so my calories are still okay. Feeling pretty thirsty after all the sodium though, would't be surprised to see a bit of retention tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!

Zumbachica
03-29-2014, 09:03 AM
zumba I just remembered -- how are you liking your GLK?? I've had mine for 3 years now, and on the one hand I love it. But... with DS1 at 6'2", and DS2 following on the same path, it is feeling SMALL... So, I have an ML loaner car in the garage that I need to return this morning, while my car is in the shop for it's inspection. I think I'm in love... although it's too pricey. But maybe on the 2nd-hand market???

Hi ! I absolutely loving my GLK but you are right, it IS small...that backseat is tiny...Remember i was driving a huge Nissan Armada before this so this took some getting used to. Older son off to college soon so younger son will be sitting in front seat soon so I guess it fits our small family now. We had a horrible winter snow wise and the car handled well, except on black ice one morning but i don't think any car handles well on that. My car is a certified pre owned that gives me peace of mind should something go wrong. It is a 2012 but looks brand new except for some minor stuff that i hope to take care of when i bring it in for service the first time. The ML is beautiful and probably better suited for you if you need more room....my friend has it and I LOVE IT...gorgaeous ...and she helped me move and had so many boxes packed into that trunk.....so i say consider it....but haggle for a good price. and wait to find one with all the options you want...it took me a while and i was checking at three different dealers.

Zumbachica
03-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Cattails..there is NOTHING like movie popcorn!!:corn: Im glad you enjoyed yourself and had it, knowing that you ate pretty light the day ..once in a while we deserve a treat!!!

Marlene I heard you on the salad burnout....way to shake it up a little is experiment with different types of lettuces....fruit, nuts and cheese....my big thing now is putting avocado in my salad....or eating it with my salad. Iknow a girl in texas that has salad every day and posts a pic of it on Facebook, she has the most incredible salads. ..and always has a protein with it.

love2b: you asked how the puppy was doing this weekend.....well....last night she woke me up at 4 am again...(or was it three...) and she didn't want to go so i put her back in her crate and she yelped a bit. She let me sleep until 7 which was odd and come to find out i found out she pooped doodles in her crate. I just can't win. I bought a book that a friend recommended but the schedule they post isn't working.....it also says in the book to train at 4 months..so what am i supposed to do for another month? :?: I'm happy i'm home this weekend to focus on her training.

SUM still want your recipe for that soup. And give yourself a big pat on the back for maintaining!! That's part of the battle. You're doing GREAT and your workouts are amazing.

Zumbachica
03-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Good morning friends and happy Saturday! Its overcast here, we are expecting rain...but at least it is a bit warmer. :) My goal for today is to clean this house top to bottom....been focusing so much on the dog that my house is a wreck....heck, I"M a wreck...LOL.....if y'all could see me right now Id be embarrassed....hair a wreck, big sweatpants on....just letting myself "go"...I'm trying to train this little doggie and she does do her business outside, we just don't have a good schedule yet.....she got some shots yesterday and they made her drink some stuff...for worms....so she was a bit out of sorts..but she did get to see her mom and brother at the shelter and they had a little reunion which was fun to watch. Her brother is more than double her size and i think he was afraid of her...! She's a feisty little girl.

I haven't weighed myself in a while and i didn't have the guts to do it today. I know seeing a bad number will set me back mentally. So i'll let it remain a mystery and focus on keeping my carbs low and my calorie count at about 1200. I have to really nix the nightime eating.

I hope everyone has a good day...I'll be burning calories today cleaning this house....a real cleaning....and then I'm going to pick up my dumbbells and do some lower body fix from one of my DVDs. May do the pilates dvd also.

Sum38
03-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Zumba, I will scan the recipe today and send it to you via Facebook.

newleaf123
03-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi, guys. Quick pop in while my lunch is heating. That same apple split pea soup. It's only okay. Although, I remembered last night that I forgot to add the balsamic at the end so I'm going to add a bit to today's. Maybe that will perk it up. Anyway, tight schedule this AM so gotta run. Just wanted to say hi.

Sum38
03-29-2014, 12:24 PM
I worked like mad around the house yesterday, therefore I only have hubby's and my laundry to do today. Kids laundry got done; which is usually a huge task. I know, I know...I should make them do their own laundry, but sometimes I just want to clear it all up and just do it. DS is pretty good about throwing things in the washer when needed, DD is another story, she accumulates a month's worth laundry and then her room has no room to walk. That is when this momma gets involved...and she knows it too, Takes a full advantage :D

LOl, I drive the tiniest car around, A Mini Cooper :D We have seated the entire family in it on an occasion but the one who gets to sit behind my hubby is not comfortable :lol: he is nearly 6'3" . But it is usually just me and my doggie that drive about together. Both of the kids have their own cars. And if we go somewhere as a family we take the SUV. It is kinda sad but we barely go out as four of us. Kids are too old. :cry:

I weighted myself today and it was not pretty. 144, which is a huge redline for me. I was at 141 just two days ago, ugh.

I will keep my calories low today, drink lots, and lift weights, walk on treadmill and swim; a triple day. Nice thing is, that I will have the time to do it :) No housework.

Hopefully I will drop a few pounds of bloat today.

newleaf123
03-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Decided it has been a long time since I changed my photo. Not sure I'm happy with my hair. Time for a new style, I think!

MarleneV
03-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Cattails! Another Z fan! I love my car, love driving it and taking care of it. would like to have an older one, but since I needed something to drive every day, went with this one. Eventually I get an older one too. You should see the two 240s that two club members own, fully restored & one has chrome under the hood.

Sum, the Z is a two-seat sports car. My DH wasn't real thrilled with the choice, but we have 2 other cars, a crew cab pickup and 2 motorcycles. 80-90% of the time it is just me, so why not?

Cattails
03-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Marlene, I would love to see those 240's -post pics sometime! I often wonder where mine has ended up...

Ha, Sum, I've actually gotten to the point of only doing my laundry - I'm sick of sorting everyone else's dirty and clean clothes when they don't even care! LOL Mini's are so very cute; I drove my sister's recently, what fun! Seven gears and great acceleration, whoo! Driving the boring vehicles I have the past several years has probably been good for my driving record. :D Though when I need to - a while back I was driving one DS to a music lesson and we were really late, DH was along for the ride and was really quiet while I hustled into town; finally he choked out, "My god, you drive my truck like a race car!" I beamed and said "That's the nicest thing you've ever said about my driving! Thank you!"

Heidi, balsamic makes everything better, doesn't it? Nice new pic. :)

Aw, Zumba, a family reunion, how sweet! Sorry this stage of dog ownership is so chaotic but it will pass and get better. :)

Cattails
03-30-2014, 07:03 AM
I'm feeling better than I was earlier this week and did a strength routine today, the one that took so long the first time through. This time it "only" took 60 minutes - why does the article say it's a 30 minute routine?! Oh well, it's all good, and was a pretty good workout. I would have gotten out for some walking/biking as well if it weren't pouring down rain all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be clear, we've got enough water for the time being - the ground is saturated.

My scale is showing 115 regularly now so I'm changing my stats. I really want to stay under 120 and this gives me 5 pounds of buffer, so that's very cool.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday. :)

Zumbachica
03-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Good morning all and happy Sunday.....Dog finally slept through the night, although i found some smelly surprises in her crate when i woke up. I'm not sure why she didn't try and wake me up so she could "go" but i am so grateful for the sleep this morning you all have no idea! LOL....

Something hurtful happened last night with some friends and I ate my feelings again...ate a can of pringles. I guess this emotional eating thing is going to take some more work. I'm fasting today to make up for it.....nothing to eat until tonights dinner.......

Goimg shopping with a friend so she could buy something to wear in hair for her wedding....not a veil headpiece but a pretty headband or a clip......then i'm going to whole foods to buy healthy foods....planning a low carb week.....

Zumbachica
03-30-2014, 09:48 AM
cattails a five lb buffer is extremely cool!!!!! i can't even imagine being 115....thats probably what one of my thighs weighs now,,,,:dizzy: as far as you workout goes if you need to take your time with it you should....i think faster resistance workouts become more aerobic so if you wanted that added bonus you need to go faster but its not necessary. Just something i remember from my old lifting days.

NEWLEAF i like your photo..and i like your bangs.

SUM mini coops are so incredibly cute.

MAGICSUSAN bon voyage!:carrot:

newleaf123
03-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Well, it's 5:20, time to make dinner, and I'm feeling hungry. Sign of a good day.

B: cappuccino
L: cantaloupe, portabella mushroom carmelized onion fritatta, whole wheat toast with unsweetened apple butter
S: apple, wasabi peas, handful of nuts
D: planned chicken soft tacos, steamed kale

newleaf123
03-30-2014, 06:26 PM
How do you think this would look?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/26/27/21/2627219e563d7d5215ca1f24952eab28.jpg

I do think one of the tricks to grey hair is lots of makeup. Sometimes I do put on a lot of lipstick & eye shadow. It seems to help.

newleaf123
03-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Maybe this would look better on me.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/c3/8d/15/c38d15cec3652aeefc94d914da779dfc.jpg

kelijpa
03-30-2014, 07:18 PM
:lol:

Hello all :sunny:

love2b150
03-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Marlene we will have to start a countdown till my bday then you'll have one day left for tax season to be over :hug: Sorry about you eating alone :hug:

Sum I'm screaming about laundry now, I cleaned everybody's room last week and I do not plan to do it again. I did all of the laundry and all they had to do is put it away. Our issue in here is towels, I have never seen people go through towels the way they do, it drives me nuts. Your 141 to 144 in a couple of days is water weight, you'll get it back down :)

Thanks Cattails :) I hope to see 160 in the next week :crossed: Once you get use to the workout, it won't take you but 30 minutes I'm sure :) 115 :congrat: I can't wait to see Noah, but we only see the movies when they come on DVD because there are so many of us. That one we will buy for sure.

Zumba sorry about last night, I hope today is better :hug: Could you buy a new tray for the crate? I think maybe the puppy smells the poop in it and thinks that it's ok to poop there. It weird that it didn't sound off after it pooped. Zumba I hope you don't have to wait an entire month for the puppy to start understanding what it's being taught :(

Heidi, I like that style

keli :wave:

Zumbachica
03-30-2014, 09:05 PM
newleaf, i like that style...the human one, not the feline one. but would you be able to style it like that?

Zumbachica
03-30-2014, 10:39 PM
took a test online..it winds up that i am most probably a compulsive eater, a binge eater...i need help and i don't know where to turn....orderd the book "Overfed Head"..hope it helps..i don't want to live like this anymore...

Cattails
03-31-2014, 04:58 AM
Zumba, you are silly! A 115 lb. thigh - I've no doubt your proportions are much more wonderful than you perceive. I will keep in mind the faster lifting thing - I do lift very slowly and carefully as my joints are iffy (arthritis) but could probably speed up a bit more and still be controlled. Maybe do faster sets with lighter weights sometimes?

I'm sorry about your difficult night. I hope "The Overfed Head" gives you some helpful insight; I've seen positive references to it from others. Kudos for seeking help, I've no doubt you'll be able to make some changes with the right tools at hand.

Heidi, personally I like the feline cut - just kidding! That hairstyle looks pretty zazzy, I'm sure you'd have fun with it.

Hi Rennie! LOL, towels... My MIL told me when she had 5 teenage boys growing up under her roof, she bought each of them a set of different-colored towels, and each kid was responsible for washing and putting away his own. I guess that was a real issue for her as well, and that solution helped her keep her sanity. :D

:wave: to Kelijpa and all others!

Cattails
03-31-2014, 05:14 AM
DH and I went out for lunch again today to a Mexican restaurant. He agreed to split a one person fajita with me instead of his usual 3 entree plate - yay! But ordered a side of guacamole too - I think he was afraid there wouldn't be enough food. Ha, there was plenty! He is trying to make some changes here.

I'm sure my lunch was too high in calories but I didn't get hungry for any dinner later so that was it for my eating today, except for a late nibble.

DS#2 is blowing me away with his tenacity at resisting his brothers' mashed potato and candy consumption. He's got a birthday coming up next week and I got him a new pair of jeans for it - in a smaller size! I'll be making him a trifle with low-sugar angel food cake, SF pudding and plenty of fresh fruit so he can indulge without too much setback.

B: oatmeal with dried apricots and almonds
L: steak fajita, green salad, chips and salsa and guacamole
S: dried apricots and dark chocolate, coffee with creamer

E: 45 minute walk

love2b150
03-31-2014, 07:01 AM
Zumba, you are silly! A 115 lb. thigh - I've no doubt your proportions are much more wonderful than you perceive.

I'm sorry about your difficult night. I hope "The Overfed Head" gives you some helpful insight; I've seen positive references to it from others. Kudos for seeking help, I've no doubt you'll be able to make some changes with the right tools at hand.

Hi Rennie! LOL, towels... My MIL told me when she had 5 teenage boys growing up under her roof, she bought each of them a set of different-colored towels, and each kid was responsible for washing and putting away his own. I guess that was a real issue for her as well, and that solution helped her keep her sanity. :D

Zumba, ditto on what Cattails said :hug:

Cattails, I never thought about that and two will leave for college in another few years so not a bad idea at all :) Your son is amazing. I am so proud of him. My son speaks one thing and does another. I hope he will get his head right soon, though I know how hard it is to just change your eating habits. It's SOOOOO much easier said than done. Great idea on the cake. Have you made a cake like that for him before? Will he like it?

Ladies a new low for me. I snacked like an idiot yesterday and then the boys wanted to go to the gym. We went at the last minute I had never seen the gym shut down everything. I weighed in at 162.6. I haven't seen that number since I was pregnant with my daughter in 92-93. And had I not believed in the eating for two thing I would have probably not seen that number then. I weighed 128 when I got pregnant with her.

Cattails
03-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Rennie, :bravo: :carrot: :cp: :dance: :hat: :dancer: :flow2: :high: :woohoo: :cheer3: :cheer2: :congrat: :broc: :cheer: and WAY TO GO!! You are doing amazing, and giving yourself the best birthday present ever. :) I hear you on the pregnancy gain thing: I gained 50+ with each of my first two and 30 with my last. That hunger is hard to contain.

And yes, I've made lots of trifles and they always go fast! Yum... My boys always get the last word on their own birthday desserts. Usually they pick the flavors and I make suggestions until we come to a meeting of the minds and stomachs. :D

love2b150
03-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks Cattails :), I wish it were that easy in here with food. But I can't blame anyone but me. My Pastor was saying yesterday how times have really changed. We use to eat what we were given no questions or smirks, we would go to the store and not ask for anything and didn't dare place anything in the buggy but these kids are so different and again I can't blame anyone but me. They do eat pretty well (asking for the junk that they want, not just getting it) it's only the oldest boy that has the weight issue the rest are thin so I need to get him in gear with the correct way of eating :) He made a cake yesterday (box yellow and ate a bowl of cake and ice cream after the gym) I told him that is just insane,, but he will see when he can't lift as much as he use to (which he mentioned yesterday also) Thanks for listening :)

Sum38
03-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Rennie, congrats on your new low...you can almost smell the 150's!

Cat, DH and I always split a fajita when we go to Mexican. Congrats on staying at 115!!

Zumba, I will be interested in hearing about that book.

Heidi, I like the short style.

Zumbachica
03-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Good Morning All....Well its March 31 and I looked out my window this morning to see...yeah, you guessed it....SNOW! How bizarre! I'm wondering how many of my students will come out today to work out......

I had a bit of a break down last night..more stress with the ex, we are going back to court and SOON. My lawyer said we have no choice with the way that he is acting and ignoring the custody agreement among other things. She also needs another retainer. definitely stress that i don't need. No wonder i binge....I had a good long cry yesterday and then ate an ice cream sandwich ..

But....I woke up today and I'm serious about getting a handle on things.......April 1 is tomorrow, its a new month..new start.....I'm going to figure out this weight thing....everything else will be worked out also.

Too afraid to get on that scale, last time i did i was at 152.2. Goal for this week is to be back in the 140s.

Zumbachica
03-31-2014, 09:30 AM
SUM I have every diet book ever written....no lie. If you saw my collection you would be shocked. Alot of them i left behind when I moved...but this isn't really a diet book...its more about getting in touch with your own body, stopping the binges. I hope it helps otherwise it will be just another book i wasted money on.

LOVE2B I'm so sorry your son is having such a hard time.....if he is an athlete then eventually he will see a change in his abilities. Its so important for young people to learn those habits young, this way they won't be doing what we are now.....just keep reinforcing the fact that he has to show control and make good choices. Its hard at that age..I really wonder how my son is going to eat when he goes to college, if he's going to throw all his good habits out the window and live on pizza. Oh and you mentioned what you weighed when you got pregnant, i was 121 before my first pregnancy....128 with my second. Both times I blew up to crazy proportions but i managed to lose it afterwards. It took work though. My weight problems happened long afterwards....and what i weigh today is probably MORE than what i weighed in at 9 months pregnant. Boggles the mind when I think about it...:dizzy:

CATTAILS it is hard to go out to lunch and make good choices especially with Mexican....I LOVE GUACAMOLE....the problem with mexican places is that the tortilla chips are on the table....so good for you and your DH for making good choices....

Sum38
03-31-2014, 09:32 AM
It is my fast day and FCA day. I am kind of bummed about going in, because our weather is supposed to be gorgeous. 56F and sunny. Thinking about postponing my volunteer day to Wednesday when it is yucky outdoors.

Yesterday;
B - Green tea
L - Salad w/grilled chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and dressing
D - Jambalaya w/chicken, salad

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min

Weight

love2b150
03-31-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks Sum :), only 2.6LBS to go ... I am trying not to get too excited because when I do I mess up :?: So I've just got to mosey on along and work this journey like I am just starting :) with determination but for longer ;) Did you choose to go in on Wednesday?

:hug: Zumba :hug: I am hugging you with the hug of peace. I'm so sorry you have to keep going through all of this :hug: I wish I had the money to fly up there just to give you a big hug. Stay strong and pray for your ex, don't allow him to keep pulling you down. Keep your head up :hug: Thanks regarding my son. I am really trying to instill in him good habits. It is hard, every extra penny he gets he spends on food. If I won't take him to get it or allow him to order it, he'll go to school and buy it. Subs, pizza, fries :dizzy: Pregnancy weight ---> I was one of those people that thought oh I just had a baby and I am fine (my excuse) not knowing that I would just get bigger and bigger. And after 7 pregnancies I'm finally on track to get my body back 10 years postpartum :D You did great during your pregnancies :)

Zumbachica
03-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks Sum :), only 2.6LBS to go ... I am trying not to get too excited because when I do I mess up :?: So I've just got to mosey on along and work this journey like I am just starting :) with determination but for longer ;) Did you choose to go in on Wednesday?

:hug: Zumba :hug: I am hugging you with the hug of peace. I'm so sorry you have to keep going through all of this :hug: I wish I had the money to fly up there just to give you a big hug. Stay strong and pray for your ex, don't allow him to keep pulling you down. Keep your head up :hug: Thanks regarding my son. I am really trying to instill in him good habits. It is hard, every extra penny he gets he spends on food. If I won't take him to get it or allow him to order it, he'll go to school and buy it. Subs, pizza, fries :dizzy: Pregnancy weight ---> I was one of those people that thought oh I just had a baby and I am fine (my excuse) not knowing that I would just get bigger and bigger. And after 7 pregnancies I'm finally on track to get my body back 10 years postpartum :D You did great during your pregnancies :)

Love 2 b..thank you so much ...you are a kind woman. It would be nice to have a hug ....in fact, I need hugs more now than ever. :hug: I didn't do great with my pregnancies at all..I ate horribly and gained alot of weight...but i did manage to lose it....I think with my second son it took a few years...LOL.... seems like a million years ago....

newleaf123
03-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Awww, Zumba, so sorry that you are having a rough go of it... My heart goes out to you...

CatTails one fajita for the 2 of you -- that's awesome! Those plates are always so big...

Sum beautiful weather here too!

Rennie you are doing so great!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

kelijpa :wave: :sunny:

love2b150
03-31-2014, 05:35 PM
Zumba :hug: I love hugs ... :)

Thanks Heidi :)

Sum38
03-31-2014, 06:49 PM
OMG ladies, spring has sprung! 60F outdoors and sunny. After this miserable winter; today felt amazing.

I was at the FCA and I am usually too tired to move once I get home, but not today; I HAD to go outdoors. So I went to my woods and took a nice walk with my fur-baby. -- I am hoping that this weather pattern remains with us :)

I had a fast day and I did really well. I have not decided what to have for dinner. I think I will have some leftover Jambalaya. I know it is a bit carby....

Sum38
03-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Zumba
:hug:

love2b150
03-31-2014, 06:56 PM
Sum, the boys are making Jambalaya for dinner tonight :) enjoy ... and I love the sound of your excitement. The weather here is great today, it's supposed to be in the 70's all week with rain on Friday :)

Sum38
03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Rennie... I feel reborn when weather co-operates :)

I am outdoor girl, love everything about outdoors; rain or shine.

love2b150
03-31-2014, 07:40 PM
Sum, it does make the day happier since we have had such bad weather :)
Rain and bad drivers make me sad. Good resting weather though :)

Apple Blossom
04-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Oh my goodness, if I don't check in regularly I end up with a lot of reading to do!!
I am up to 176 again :( but I am determined to have a good week. I have been fighting off a cold for a few weeks but it finally got the best of me and today I have a stuffed up head. Bleh. Won't be exercising too heavy for the next day or 2. I am trying not to eat bread this week, although I've discovered that bread can be interpreted many different ways. I count tortillas as bread but then I went ahead and ate tortilla chips. Dummy. I am also trying to exercise 60 min a day. We'll see how the week goes!

love2b150
04-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Apple Blossom I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Zumbachica
04-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi all....It was a lovely day today..finally Spring has sprung. :) I'm getting my bearings..I'm feeling VERY PMS which isn't helping matters....look forward to losing the bloat this weekend when AF comes to visit finally......

Taught my class today and took my pup for a walk down to the beach even though I carried her most of the way....it wasn't a power walk , it was more of a stroll but it was a walk no less...

Still don't have a handle on the eating thing.....Overfed Head isn't coming in the mail until Thursday. Tomorrow will be a fast day of sorts..Im stopping to regroup....determined to have some weight loss before this challenge is over...I would like to see 145 on the scale..(the scale the dog pee'd on twice)....

thanks for all your support ladies...

love2b150
04-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Zumba spring makes for a little happiness right? :) and the stroll on the beach would make me smile :). and the pup peeing on the scale (twice) not funny but makes you smile a little to think about ... just the small things to brighten the day :sunny: ... thanks for your support also (we're in this together) :hug:

Zumbachica
04-01-2014, 10:46 PM
love 2b...yes, I think she had the right idea about peeing on the scale..maybe she knows something that i don't...LOL....It made me laugh, I couldn't even be mad at her (the first time...the second time was a bit annoying..lol). I don't know if i'm all that happy about spring because that means no more hiding under big sweaters and heavy jackets....pressure is on to get into the spring clothes I put in my new closet...

MarleneV
04-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Hi all,

Car drive on Sunday was a success, at least got my mind off of work for the day. Weather was perfect, mid-70s to low 80s. Drove with the roof down until after our late lunch. With wine & food, I was over on calories & definitely not OP. yesterday was though, however, today was more off than on.

Ah, well, the rest of this week should be OP, as long as I don't freak out too much with everything I need to get done. I'm off the 16th-20th, so if things don't get done, I'm not caring until 4/21...

Hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry for short posts, I do read up though...

Cattails
04-02-2014, 03:30 AM
Marlene, glad to hear you're keeping your sanity! Just two more weeks to go.

Don't worry, Zumba, you've got another 6 weeks to work at this. Loss or not, just putting in the effort to change is a success! Your puppy's attitude towards the scale makes me LOL, too. :D

Sum, when are we going to get to see that beautiful head of hair? :)

Apple, sorry that you're sick, hope you feel better soon. Sometimes exercise makes me feel less congested when I have a cold, sometimes exercise just isn't doable - take care of yourself, whatever you need.

I have a cold right now too, been trying to fend my youngest DS's germs for the past week. It's not too bad; the worst thing is a nagging tickle/cough in my throat. Last night I squirted a bunch of sriracha sauce into a little V8 just before bed in an attempt to kill the tickle. Not sure it really helped, but my belly did get nice and toasty!

:wave: to Rennie and all others, hope your week is passing pleasantly.

Zumbachica
04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
hello all, i have officially ballooned up to 154 and i can honestly say that i haven't weighed that much ever...my whole life...not even when i was 9 months pregnant....now what???

Oh and to add to things me and boyfriend broke up officially today....I can't really tell you what happened...because I don't understand it myself.

Things could be worse....as a rational person I know that...but I feel like I've hit rockbottom....maybe focusing on losing weight for real will help me.

Zumbachica
04-02-2014, 02:19 PM
cattails..thanks for reminding me of all the time we have left in this challenge..all is not lost...I think I can make some progress in six weeks!! You made me laugh about the hot sauce, i love home remedies. Gargle with salt water before you go to bed, that helps me a little with that post nasal drip junk.

Marlene nothing like a nice car ride to soothe the soul.

Cattails
04-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Aw, Zumba...many :hug: I hope you can take some well-deserved time for yourself and just...be.

Zumbachica
04-03-2014, 09:41 AM
thanks Cattails..i tell ya, when it rains it pours...

Zumbachica
04-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Good morning y'all...Lost some bloat from yesterday... a little over a lb...popping a diurex helped...I am definitely PMS....Last night my son had his last high school evening concert and I teared up....on top of all the changes i'm going through have to say goodbye to my son as he goes off to college this summer...a bittersweet thing....

I am not following any specific plan per say this time....just eating less...atleast for now until i get some weight off.....There's so much talk about the healthy and unhealthy ways to take off weight....well I don't care at the moment, just need to fit into some of my clothes again...eat less lose weight.....thats all i'm telling myself.....over and over again. The Overfed Head book came in the mail yesterday , started reading it. So far i'm really not all that impressed. I hope it goes into more detail about how to make the line of thinking actually work. When you're an emotional eater you lose all sense of reasoning. Your eating isn't about hunger, so listening to hunger pains and fullness signals doesn't matter. That's like telling an alcoholic to only drink when they're thirsty.

Teaching my easier class today and then i'm getting my hairs did. :) Covering up the grays always makes me feel better, as does a professional blow out. Some salon time is a good diversion from my problems too....

i hope everyone has a good day.

MarleneV
04-04-2014, 01:53 AM
Hi all,

Rennie, thanks for encouragement. I'll say happy birthday now, just in case I'm too crazy then.

Cattails, now basically a week & a half. You would have enjoyed the cars Sunday, we had one each of 240, 260 & 280, 2 300zx twin turbos, and 2 350 roadsters. Hope you are feeling better.

Zumba, I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. My oldest graduated HS last year, I know what you are going through there. I like the idea of just eating less. Not easy though. And yes, you are right about a nice car drive soothing the soul, but a salon visit does the same, doesn't it! I enjoy getting my nails done, that's a nice diversion, and I do like that my nails always look nice.

MarleneV
04-04-2014, 02:06 AM
I hope no one minds, I'm going to try to get back to posting meals. I've been doing ok, but being publicly accountable during this stressful time will help me either avoid something I should or keep things in moderation.

B- balance bar, coffee with cream
L- salad with chicken,orange & animal crackers
S-orange, cheese stick, 3 Godiva choc pearls
D- one piece pepperoni pizza, salad with guacamole, mixed berries
S- no sugar added ice cream
W- 8+ cups, no exercise

Our firm admin brought the pizza in at lunch, and I had already started my lunch. There were 2 pieces left when everyone else was done, except our receptionist. I told her that I wanted one piece, she could have the other, but i was staying late & wanted the one for dinner. It was perfect, just enough. Oh, and I didn't eat any cookies that a vendor sent over for us! I did chew about 6 sticks of trident gum over the course of the day, but that's better than eating those cookies!

Cattails
04-04-2014, 03:51 AM
Good going, Marlene, avoiding those cookies! Please feel free to post any and all meals you like; I for one enjoy seeing what others are eating. The car event sounds fun; any pictures?

Zumba, your post made me think of DH's cardiologist, a little dried up twig of a man. He always tells my husband, "Just eat less, eat less." Well, that is the basic formula to lose weight, no matter what the plan, right? Hope you find some helpful nuggets in the book.

Ugh, my cold is really awful today. I spent most of the day in bed with a ton of tissues. Hope tomorrow is much better; it's DS#2's birthday.

Grr, my MIL did it again: yesterday she sent over most of a huge Costco cherry pie!! I'm going to have to tell her again that my guys are not human garbage disposals, don't buy or bring that junk to them! She is one of those that feels food equals love - and she's at an all time high weight-wise herself, after struggling with her weight the past 50 years.

TGIF, everyone. :)

Chubby mum
04-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Zumba, I'm sorry about your relationship. But some good, hard exercise will help. Followed by a bath and some wine, lol.

I'm the same as last week but TOM came yesterday so I'll count that as a victory, I've definitely got extra fluid on board.

School holidays here - busy! I'm on the couch now for the first time today and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able get up.

Zumbachica
04-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi all....as I sit here with a broken heart I am putting my focus on my weight. I managed to lose four lbs of bloat the past few days which puts me at an even 150. Not really celebrating that number, but so glad that the scale is going in the right direction. Hope to lose more when AF gets here which should be this weekend.

Teaching my aqua class this morning, then going to cancel my membership at the gym . I never make it down there to lift weights, I need to rethink the plan. Keeping the calories on the ultra low again today. I think I had lunch plans with a friend if I vaguely remember....if thats the case i'm having salad with grilled chicken...my usual favorite.

Zumbachica
04-04-2014, 08:39 AM
CHUBBY thanks...he was a good one...sorry to let him go especially for stupid reasons.....:( But sometimes in life timing is everything. Enjoy the school break...its nice not having schedule .

CATTAILS My mother is like your MIL...she comes from the old country where food is a really big deal and it is love....she means well but she doesn't understand that you can't stay slim while eating like that....she used to give my kids one big bag of chips each when we went to visit when they were little....their eyes would open up like saucers....;) Anyway don't be too hard on your MIL she means well. Take the pie, cut up a few small pieces and throw out the rest but don't tell her you did. Feel better and happy bday to your DS. And yes, eating less sounds simple, it is a simple solution..unfortunately it isn't working for a huge percentage of the population. So far that book isn't that impressive. but i'm goig to keep reading it ....

MARLENE the salon visit definitely kept me away from food for a while, even though they had cookies out by the coffee machine. i pretended they weren't there. I'm happy not to be gray anymore but definitely too many fly aways with my blow out, not sure what that is about..its going to get ruined now anyway because Im teaching at the pool and the pool room is so humid! Oh and gum is great to keep us from eating......

MarleneV
04-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Cattails, no pics this time. I even had my camera, but we didn't have them lined up nicely... Big show at the end of the month, I'll get pics then for sure.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Sum38
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Nothing to report, I have not been OP in days...well today I am :)

I don't like the direction my scale is heading.

I am fasting today until dinner and then I will have salmon, rice, asparagus and a salad. Yes, a little bit of rice, not too much though.

I just walked the pup for 3.3 miles in rain and I will do aerobics later on today.

Trying to get back OP :)

love2b150
04-04-2014, 06:37 PM
love 2b ... I don't know if i'm all that happy about spring because that means no more hiding under big sweaters and heavy jackets....pressure is on to get into the spring clothes I put in my new closet...

Zumba, I wish I could see you. You are so hard on yourself :hug: I'm sure you look great but we never see what others see we only see what we think they perceive and what we want to see. :hug: Sorry about the breakup and the scale (still reading from the 2nd so hope things are better as I read along) :hug: Congratulations to your son. I know you're sad Mom, but you raised him well and he is going :) Relaxation at the hairdressers feels/sounds good :) Zumba your post today sounds so sad, I'm sorry ... I pray things improve and you are smiling again soon :hug: Good job on the water weight, that's a plus :hug:

Marlene quick post who cares, you're posting/checking in :hug: we know you're busy and I can only imagine the stress :hug: Thanks for the early happy bday :hug:

I hope no one minds, I'm going to try to get back to posting meals. ... I should or keep things in moderation.

... Oh, and I didn't eat any cookies that a vendor sent over for us! I did chew about 6 sticks of trident gum over the course of the day, but that's better than eating those cookies!

Marlene I like when you all post your meals gives me ideas and great NSV with the cookies and the gum :yay: YOU :high:

Cattails hope you're feeling better and LOL on the hot sauce/tomato juice and your tummy warming. How did you sleep? Tickles in the throat and trying to sleep are the worse :( Yes thanks for reminding me also that we have 6 weeks left. I don't think I'm gonna make my birthday goal but maybe I can make this one :) Cattails I hope you feel better soon :hug: Happy Bday to your son :) and why do people that know you're trying to eat properly always do that (mainly family in my case also).

Chubby enjoy the break :) Ours is the week of my bday fun, fun, fun with no money ... oh joy the complaints I'm gonna hear :(

Sum sounds like getting OP is in progress, keep it going :hug:

ok all caught up ... now me

Well bad me did horribly yesterday, I was over in calories by 1193 and carbs by 244. MFP surely puts things into perspective for ya ;). I didn't do any exercise either. Just spent the better part of the day with my thin wanting to stop every where to eat daughter :) We had a good time but goodness I couldn't do that everyday. I drank a nice warm glass of prune juice before bed because my stomach was a mess. Thank goodness it does help me :) Weigh in today was 163.8 up .4 from yesterday which would have been way worse if not for that fiber :D. I did make it to the gym today burned 504 calories so feeling good.

MarleneV
04-05-2014, 01:16 AM
was 123.5 this am.

B-egg, cheese stick, yogurt
L- salad, chicken, orange, animal crackers
S- coffee with creamer, but forgot the rest of my snack because busy
D - Turkey burger in lettuce wrap, fries, mixed berries
S - MRC chocolate pudding

I almost never have fries. Tonight was a special deal, my Rotary club met at a different place this evening for our annual raffle, and paid for dinner. I could have gotten a salad, but I'm tired of that. Since I completely forgot my afternoon snack, I had lots of calories left. and end the day at 1200 or so anyway, even with counting the fries at 320 cal. I'm not counting on keeping the 123.5 though. thinking after tax season I want to try to get to 120.

Cattails
04-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Zumba, I know my MIL isn't trying to sabotage, at least not consciously, and I believe that it helps her when she's trying not to buy junk for the grandkids - but it gets so frustrating! I let everyone go at the pie for the day and then threw the rest out. I don't want to be the food police here and tell anyone "you can't eat that!" So just not having stuff like that around is infinitely better. (I ate a little bit of the pie myself and regretted it: too sugary and make me sick to my stomach.)

Aqua class? Is it zumba in water? You must be so strong with all the classes you do!

Hi Rennie! I'm glad you had a good day with your daughter - ah well, one day of overdoing it is nothing in the scheme of things, just pick back up and carry on. And yay you for scorching all those calories at the gym!

:wave: to everyone!

Cattails
04-05-2014, 06:05 AM
This cold has settled into my chest and makes it difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep. Otherwise I'd probably be sleeping about 18 hours a day right now! I want to get out and exercise - I'll try a walk tomorrow and maybe some yoga or pilates. Must. Keep. Moving!

The trifle was really good, and there's still bunches left over. I'm glad it's a pretty light dessert so I don't feel like I'm killing my family with it! :D DS#2 splurged a bit food-wise today but did so consciously. And he was really pleased I think to get a smaller pair of jeans - he put them on immediately and they fit!

Sum38
04-05-2014, 10:59 AM
I fasted yesterday. Walked and did step aerobics. A good day.

I feel my motivation creeping back.

Today I will shoot for 1000-1200 calories. I know it is kinda low, but I want to jump start my weight loss again and I am hardy starving to death :lol:

Plan for today
B - None
L - Salad w/grilled chicken, feta, veggies (400)
D - Porkloin, roasted veggies (600)
S - ? (upto 200)

I will walk my pup, lift weights and swim.

I am so b-o-r-i-n-g. I eat the same stuff every day and I have my set exercise days :lol3:

love2b150
04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Marlene you deserve those fries and the up is probably the sodium from them :hug:

Thanks Cattails :), sorry about the chest cold, hope it clears up soon :hug: Yay for your son, he is doing very well :)

Sum eating the same things day after day may be boring but it works. I think to myself if I could find 3 healthy meals and a snack that's satisfying that would be great ... less struggle. So keep up the good work :) That's what I say (think) about lower calorie days ... do I look like I'm starving? Clearly not :D

down .6 to 163.2 ... it would be less but I had to eat Takis/chips spicy late last evening ... today IS a NEW DAY :)

Sum38
04-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Rennie I rotate my dinners; salmon, chicken, pork, ground beef, and an occasional vegetarian day, so at least I get a little variety. But my dinners are pretty boring too because kiddoes are quite picky. I try to jazz them up with different veggies :) Nice that the 163's are sticking.

Sum38
04-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Cattails Did you get antibiotics? Don't be stubborn like how I was with my ear :lol3: I hope you'll feel better!

Marlene Mmmmm, french fries. Luckily I have avoided them since my last month's Burger King incident. 120 pounds sounds like a dreamy plan. You can do it once things settle down... only a few more days until you get your break!

Chubby How long of a school holiday do you get? Is it like how it was in England; a whole month? My DS just left for Florida with a friend's family. I wish I could go too...

Zumba BIG HUGS!

love2b150
04-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Sum, still you think your dinners are boring I think they are great. I wish I could find a site and type in all the things I like and it would prepare a week of menus for me. That would make things so much better. I have gotten to the point that I really don't like to cook. So if it's easy/simple then I am all for it. ... Thanks but I sooooo want to get out of the 160's oh my goodness to see 159 on that scale would excite the life out of me (I'm laughing) because I would probably faint (not funny I know) but I'd be in shock, LOL :)

Sum38
04-05-2014, 01:18 PM
You'll get there! I know the less you have to lose, more determination it takes. Hopefully you will be there in a week or two.

love2b150
04-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks Sum :hug:

B ~ Atkins chocolate shake, cup cream of chicken soup w/real chicken
S ~ whopper malted eggs, banana
L ~ Atkins chocolate peanut butter bar
S ~ of a pack of cheese/pb cracker so one cracker, (I forgot my almond butter/polaner s/f grape on a slice of s/f nature's own)
D ~ little pieces of orange chicken b4 the sauce was put on it, egg roll no duck sauce and 1.5 grapefruits

12+ water, 260 calorie burn on the treadmill

Sum38
04-06-2014, 12:30 PM
We had a sub for my step aerobic class, she was not a stepper, so we did a workout called body blast. She had us doing lunges around the track, yikes, I am feeling them now. She also had us do a LOT of core...I am going to be sore there as well.

I keep losing morebloat, which I am happy about. Hopefully by next Friday I'll be back at my 130's. The mojo is slowly finding me :D

I had a pretty nice day yesterday. Calories were about 200 higher than I intended to, but I did a lot of workouts, so I burned them all off.

Spring is here :sunny:, and I am looking forward to my walk outdoors with DH and pup. The paths are a mess though; ice, snow, and mud. I still wear my crampons, they have been a life (bone) savor all winter long. BUT I can not wait once the paths are nice and clear and I can walk a bit faster without them.

Plan for today;
B - None
L - Salad with grilled cheese, veggies and dressing.
D - Left over porkloin, veggies and a salad.
S - None
Total cals 1000

Exercise
Bodyblast 60 min
Pup walk 60 min

Weight 142.8

Cattails
04-06-2014, 06:40 PM
There's a new decade in sight for both of you, I know it! You've got this!

Sum, I haven't been to the doctor, but I am feeling better. Hate having things interfere with my workout desires though. How is your ear doing now? And I'm all for 'boring' meals; it's a great way to keep your intake where you want it, so long as you love the food. Rennie, a site like that would be great: Create-A-Menu! I wonder if anyone has put up something like that?

I didn't do any exercise yesterday after all. Maybe another day of rest is a good thing? I do love to eat, and exercise lets me eat that much more though! An overage of a couple hundred calories for one day won't do me in, I suppose. The scale's actually been showing 113-114 the past few days - dehydration from this cold? Delusion? Aiming to hold the line at 115 or 116 in any case. It's a beautiful sunny day out today, definitely want to go out and enjoy it! Happy Sunday all. :)

Cattails
04-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Rennie, I just googled and found a site called Build A Menu - ha, it does exist! Claims to be everything you want, the only drawback is you have to join for 8 or 10 bucks a month - I hate memberships! LOL

love2b150
04-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Sum yay on losing more bloat :high: I so LOVE LOVE LOVE the sound of 130 (I'm day dreaming :)). Heck I'm dreaming about anything below 160, huh truth be told I'm dreaming of 160 ... ok I'm done ... I'm not but I don't want to get on you alls nerves :hug:

Cattails thanks for the site. :) I wonder if they have a trial!? that would be great :) Glad you got another day to rest :hug: Feel better soon :hug:

I saw a new low today 162.0 ... HAPPY HAPPY I AM :) I have 8 days to go till I am 48 and I want to see 160/159 sooooooo bad :crossed: However I just keep eating stuff, whyyyyyyyyy?????? Did my treadmill walk 3.02 miles burn 374 ... that makes me smile a little. I am trying though it does't seem like it.

Have any of you heard of organic dandalion root tea? If so what's your take on it?

Zumbachica
04-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone.....nothing to report here...rough days...eating too much...more of the same.

Zumbachica
04-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Love2b: I have had the dandelion tea in the past...it supposedly acts as a diuretic and makes you lose bloat....it tasted nasty...I would rather just pop a diurex.

love2b150
04-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Zumba I've been eating crazy (and too many carbs) also, but for some reason the extra carbs seem to be what my body needs, idk :dizzy: I actually like the bitterness of the dandalion tea, weird huh! I am trying to ween myself away from splenda. My Pastor said to stay away from the artificial sweeteners, another member (a nutritionist) said to stay away from it, and then I just read in Woman's World to stay away from it. Now if I can just stop with the water flavor packs ... water just gets so boring by the end of the day, :shrug: Sorry for the ramble :hug:

Shannonsnail
04-07-2014, 12:55 AM
Rennie, I just googled and found a site called Build A Menu - ha, it does exist! Claims to be everything you want, the only drawback is you have to join for 8 or 10 bucks a month - I hate memberships! LOL

I'm not familiar with that one but there is another subscription service called Plan To Eat where you put in what you like and create your own menus from those lists....I used it for 6 mths but decided pen and paper worked about the same, lol

Cattails
04-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Rennie, another google search (Google is my friend!) showed that dandelion tea can interact with a few medications so you may want to check that out; other than that possibility, dandelion seems to be a good thing to use. On the water flavorings, do what you need to do. Though I'm not thrilled with artificial sweeteners, I do think they are better than a big load of sugar. I went from heavily sugared drinks to diet sodas and splenda-sweetened tea, then eventually to plain tea, water, and coffee with a bit of creamer, no sugar. Took some getting used to but now I really enjoy the taste of unsweetened tea and coffee.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot: CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOW!! :cheer:

Zumba, :wave: How's the puppy doing?

Hope everybody's week is wonderful! :)

Cattails
04-07-2014, 04:12 AM
Today's food:

B: got up too late for breakfast
L: 1/2 of portabello mushroom chicken from TRH
L#2: spicy asian chicken salad
D: parmesan chicken, roasted veggies

E: 1 mile walk

Zumbachica
04-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Zumba I've been eating crazy (and too many carbs) also, but for some reason the extra carbs seem to be what my body needs, idk :dizzy: I actually like the bitterness of the dandalion tea, weird huh! I am trying to ween myself away from splenda. My Pastor said to stay away from the artificial sweeteners, another member (a nutritionist) said to stay away from it, and then I just read in Woman's World to stay away from it. Now if I can just stop with the water flavor packs ... water just gets so boring by the end of the day, :shrug: Sorry for the ramble :hug:

There is nothing good about artificial sweeteners, and they don't keep us from gaining weight either ....when Splenda first came out years ago I believed that it was made from sugar and natural (like the commercials said) and I was using it every day, baking with it, etc. Come to find out it is poison just like all the other packets....now I am using Stevia and trying to buy the organic kind. Truvia is not pure stevia (something I just learned). At this rate I'm probably better off going back to real sugar and just chalking up the calories...at the end of the day putting sugar in my coffee is not the end of the world and it isn't what made me fat.

Zumbachica
04-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Cattails: puppy is doing okay, she has gotten bigger :) She's sleeping all night for the most part (this morning she woke me up extra early, not sure what that is all about) and she's going outside although she piddles alot in the house still.....thanks for asking. right now she's a good diversion for me....maybe i needed something to take care of and love.

Zumbachica
04-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Happy Monday everyone......I keep telling myself there is a lot of time until May...I binged the whole weekend....won't go near the scale today. My ankles feel swollen too......not sure what that is about.

love2b150
04-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks Shannon I'll check that one out :). I want something that will break out the net carbs, protein and calories for me, if there is such a site. I use MFP but it doesn't give the breakdown I'm looking for without doing extra work (some people have entered net carbs, which is quite helpful) ;) Years ago when I went to a dietitian she gave me menus that told me how many net carbs were in each item. I have no idea what I did with all of that stuff since it was many years ago but that is what I'm looking for. Something I can enter the amount of carbs I want to consume and then enter the foods and it breaks them out (I'm probably looking/asking for a bit much huh :D) The exchange list, I guess is what I need/am looking for.

Thanks Cattails :), the only prescribed medication I take is metformin, everything else is a supplement. Do you recall it mentioning anything about that one? You are a good one on the drinks. I put a little honey in my green tea and in my pu'erh tea. And I use the sugar free creamer in my coffee which still gives it a sweet taste. I just need to get away from the flavor packets in the evening. :)

Zumba, I bought Truvia once, used two packets and threw the rest away. I had never had something so awful except for sweet n low years and years ago. I don't think I have ever tried Stevia. Does it have a bitter after taste (or did it to you when you first used it?). I thought about going back to full sugar but that isn't wise for me with diabetes so idk :shrug: and Zumba you are not fat :hug: and we do have time until May ... we'll do better :hug:

I maintained today not happy. I thought for sure I'd see 161 point something but nope :(

Shannonsnail
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks Shannon I'll check that one out :). I want something that will break out the net carbs, protein and calories for me, if there is such a site. I use MFP but it doesn't give the breakdown I'm looking for without doing extra work (some people have entered net carbs, which is quite helpful) ;) Years ago when I went to a dietitian she gave me menus that told me how many net carbs were in each item. I have no idea what I did with all of that stuff since it was many years ago but that is what I'm looking for. Something I can enter the amount of carbs I want to consume and then enter the foods and it breaks them out (I'm probably looking/asking for a bit much huh :D) The exchange list, I guess is what I need/am looking for.

Thanks Cattails :), the only prescribed medication I take is metformin, everything else is a supplement. Do you recall it mentioning anything about that one? You are a good one on the drinks. I put a little honey in my green tea and in my pu'erh tea. And I use the sugar free creamer in my coffee which still gives it a sweet taste. I just need to get away from the flavor packets in the evening. :)

Zumba, I bought Truvia once, used two packets and threw the rest away. I had never had something so awful except for sweet n low years and years ago. I don't think I have ever tried Stevia. Does it have a bitter after taste (or did it to you when you first used it?). I thought about going back to full sugar but that isn't wise for me with diabetes so idk :shrug: and Zumba you are not fat :hug: and we do have time until May ... we'll do better :hug:

I maintained today not happy. I thought for sure I'd see 161 point something but nope :(

Rennie Hmm, I thought MFP would do that but maybe not, what about sparkpeople? I used that a long time ago. Not sure on net carbs but maybe by now. I bought a huge box of Truvia and don't really care for it. My favorite sugar substitute (with no glycemic impact) is erythritol bc it is the most natural but it is expensive ($13/lb before manufacturer coupons) so I try to reserve it for baking. Stevia extract (liquid) alone is a bit too bitter for me. Truvia is a combo of erythritol and stevia so I had high hopes :-( I am very anti-artificial sweeteners but it is just a necessary evil at this point with being prediabetic. I get migraines from aspartame so fortunately I never have used that regularly (I think it is worse than splenda in terms of toxicity) but I have been using splenda in my coffee (1/2 cup of coffee per day) and in my tea (about once a day, sometimes twice, sometimes none)....coffee I really cannot tolerate without sweetener but the tea I drink often without anything, just depends on my mood. I get a little nauseous when I think of all the tea I drank as a child (made by my mom) with saccharine! She only uses Truvia now, lol! She even had me sew her a special holder for her Truvia so she can carry it in her purse!

love2b150
04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Shannon I was just looking at lowcarbkitty and there is another website I was on that called for stevia drops and/or erythritol I think and I really don't want to spend a lot of money on something that I won't like. I am gonna buy the smallest box/pack of Stevia eventually but I have a lot of Splenda left so I want to use it up. I don't know what damage it has done thus far and before that I was using Equal. I stopped using that because I was told it wasn't good for me. BIG SIGH ... The sugar free coffee mate creamers are really good and the International Delight ones also. Maybe use those instead of the Stevia. Too many decisions. MFP will only do net carbs if the item is entered that way, so what I can do is reenter everything that I use but how time consuming :) and I'm too lazy. I've been using MFP so long I'd say 90% of what I use is in there and correct :)

Zumbachica
04-07-2014, 06:13 PM
love2b: Fatsecret is free...and it will tell you how many net carbs are in foods..that is what i use when i'm doing low carb....it will tell you calories and whatever else it is you want to know...i think its a great site, i've been using it for years now...on and off....check it out and tell me what you think...

Zumbachica
04-07-2014, 06:16 PM
oh and y'all are talkig about stevia...i found it in Big Lots believe it or not..my friend has cancer and the doctor told her to use that....and not truvia....truvia has dextrose in it, it isn't pure stevia.....i don't blame you love2b not buy it if you don't know if you're going to like it...try and find the smallest box you can, or write to a company and ask them to send you a sample, i'm sure if you do enough research online youi can find a stevia company...

love2b150
04-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Zumba I use to use fatsecret then changed to MFP, not sure why though. I'll sign on and check it out, thanks Chica ;) LOL I just went to the site ... I'm love2b150 on there also :) It's been 86 days (1/11/14) since my last check in and I weighed 173.4 so it will be nice to see the change on their screen :) I hadn't thought about that I will google that also, never thought to ask for a sample of some thing, thanks again :hug:

love2b150
04-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Wow did I run you all away :(???????

... I'm up .2 to 162.2. I went to the gym and hit that treadmill as hard as I could almost fell off once (really) good thing I hit the pull cord and it paused ... I was trying to go faster than I should have and got winded. Anyway I did 4.14 miles and burned 514 calories and it helped :)

Hope everyone is well :hug:

Zumbachica
04-08-2014, 03:24 PM
i'm up to 152.8 ...surprised it isn't higher after last weekend's binge......

I will be logging into fat secret from here on out to pay attention to what I'm eating......just winging it isn't going to work...the Overfed Head is a good concept, but not really for me...emotional eaters don't or should I say can't listen for hunger signals......eating isn't about that for them......it brought up some interested theories though....

Zumbachica
04-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Love2b: Look on your graph for your weight loss history and you will se a major dip....!! That will put some perspective on your weight loss......just like it gives me the harsh reality of my weight GAIN.......i have my weigh on there for years...its pretty sobering...

Im glad that you didnt get hurt on that treadmill!!!

love2b150
04-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Zumba :hug: I think yesterday must have been binge day because so many people ate off plan ... :dizzy: me included but I am making up for it today :)

I am drinking water with cucumber, lime and lemon. I thought I would need to add honey to sweeten but the cucumber took over so no tart taste at all, who knew?

Sum38
04-08-2014, 04:15 PM
My boring, non progress life continues, nothing new and exciting to report :lol: Weight hovers between 142 and 144. I did have a binge last night.

I was not having a good time at my volunteer position yesterday, a crazy lady was out to get me and she got to me, ugh. So I ate trough my sorrows.

But today is a new day and I am not letting some unstable old hag get to me any longer. I know the FCA likes what I do and all the effort I put into it...

End of binge, end of rant.

The weather is amazing here. 61 F and sunny, feels like heaven. I will walk my pup in a while.

Eating wise I have been OP today. No bfast, as usual. Girlfriend and I stopped for lunch and I had a Chicken Cobb salad. Might have high calorie count because of the egg and bacon, but I feel really full. I may skip dinner or just have a light salad.

My baby boy is in FL, DH out of tow, so it is just three girls; DD, me and our Cujo. House is too quiet. What am I going to do when both of the kids are gone.....

FatAbbi
04-08-2014, 04:18 PM
I am been fighting the urge to being and fall off the lifestyle change wagon for nearly 5 days now. I have stayed strong but I am afraid I will bend....UGH.

Its amazing to me that there are people out there without food issues!

Sum38
04-08-2014, 04:20 PM
FatAbbi I know!!! But only a few....

Apple Blossom
04-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Once again I have lots of reading material! I only work Mondays and Tuesdays, so that's when I have plenty of time to check in. I tend to keep myself busier when I am at home and don't hit 3FC as often.
Interesting morning on the scale, I was around 171.5. I weighed myself after my run and with out eating, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. But today is also the 1st day of TOM, so I was expecting my weight to be up! So now I'm going to keep away from the scale for a few days because that ws probably just a fluke.:D
Been a bit lazy about exercising. I've only been making 2 rowing practices a week instead of 3, and running once a week if that. I really want to pick up the running!!! I should really sign up for a race so I have a stronger motivation to get out there, but I'm feeling a little to busy right now.
We adopted a dog over the week-end! He is a Rottweiler, about a year old. Our other dog is a Rott mix and she is only half his size. This dog is huge! He is such a sweet dog though. I have fallen in love. He does have a medical issue and I am kind second guessing our decision to adopt him because of it, but like I said, in love.He had broken his leg at some point and his previous owners did not care for it and now he has very little use of that leg. It doesn't seem to hurt him, which is good. The rescue lady wants to amputate it but that seems extreme to me. Maybe it can be repaired with surgery, or maybe if he had some kind of brace. I don't know. We haven't taken him to our vet yet. The rescue group says they will pay for it but we will see how that goes. I don't have too big an issue with the potential financial commitment, but I know my husband will. Behavior wise he has been great. He has peed a few times in the house but It is only because he is marking his territory. He is nice to the other dog (wants to play and she will most of the time), nice to the cats and loves the kids. Well, welcome to my new adventure.
FatAbbi, hang in there, just get back on that wagon!!
Sum, thats probably the most common binge, when someone gets under your skin. I know it is for me.That and being nervous about something.And you are not boring, you are consistent.;)
Zumba and love2b, I think I will check out fat secret....sorry the book didn't help. I find self help books to be annoyingly vauge.
Hi everyone else! Have a great week!

Cattails
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Rennie, you goof - of course you didn't run anyone off! :D Sometimes I just don't have anything interesting to say, but I check in often to see what others are up to. There's a lot to be said for living vicariously!

The water with citrus and cucumber reminds me of a Vietnamese restaurant in town we go to sometimes. As a rule, I NEVER drink city water (I'm spoiled, we have a well here), but that restaurant keeps lemon and lime and cucumber in all their water pitchers and it tastes so good that we don't order drinks!

Zumba, I mentioned it before and don't mean to pester you, but have you looked at any of Geneen Roth's writings? She has written a few books, you could probably find some at the library. I like her style, and she is all about emotional eating. Hope you can find some peace. :hug:

Sum, I'm sorry somebody gave you a hard time yesterday. Too bad that's the way some people cope with their own difficulties, by passing along the bad.

Stay strong, Abbi, you can do it! Like somebody said (was that on this thread?), everybody's got something; those with no food issues undoubtedly have issues in other parts of their lives. Look at the progress you've made - you're doing fantastic!

Apple, a new dog, how nice! Sounds like a real sweetie, and a good fit for your family. Hopefully something can be done about his leg; it's good that it doesn't seem to bother him though.

Happy Tuesday all!

Zumbachica
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Cattails, I think i bought one of her books years ago, but this weekend i'm going to make it a point to get to the library and look for her books...thank you for reminding me...

Apple Blossom Congrats on your new fur baby!!! He sounds like a real doll, and bless you for taking a dog that has medical issues. There are plenty of times i second guess my decision to adopt my puppy but thats only because I'm having a really hard time with housebreaking her and she wakes up at night....but then i look at her little face and I know she isn't[ going back.....I'm sure you feel the same way and will weather the storm with this dog and the leg issue, whether it is amputated or not. Shame on those people for not taking care of this poor dog!!! Makes me so angry and sad...:(

FatAbbi Don't do it girl! Don't fall off!!!

love2b150
04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
LOL Sum, love your post (funny part), sorry she was so mean :hug:. Good for you on being OP today ... quite house. My kids go upstairs sometimes and you don't even know they are here. It's funny though because if one comes down to hang with Mommy the others minus the youngest boy follow suit ;)

Abbi I think it's something in the air :) ... the binge monster will pass, you're doing great :hug:

Apple Blossom, thanks for being so caring (your newest family member). :hug: Hope the scale number sticks :crossed:

LOL Cattails :), well I don't think there has ever been a time when no one has posted in the evening :) LOL I think if there is ever a time I haven't a thing to say someone had better check me out ;) I got this water recipe from Woman's World only to find out it has been around for years. I had never heard of it before, but I like it :)

Well I am feeling the bloat from all of the water but my rings are sliding around my fingers like they belong to someone else. I hope that means that I will have a good weigh in tomorrow :crossed:

FatAbbi
04-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Thanks ladies! I bumped my stair machine time to 45 mins a day.... I enjoyed skinny cow fudge bar. I. Can. Do. This.

Cattails
04-09-2014, 04:54 AM
Whoo, good going Abbi! Skinny Cow rocks...

LOL right back atcha, Rennie! :crossed: for a :goodscale.

Zumba, hope you can find some of Geneen's books, looking forward to hearing what you think.

I mentioned something about coffee and stomach pain a while ago, been meaning to report in about that. Got some Kava coffee (acid reduced) and it has been very kind to my stomach, and it is smooth too! That makes me pretty happy. Though it's getting so warm here lately that I may have to switch to iced tea for a while. :)

B: coffee with creamer, wasn't hungry
L: salad with marinated beans and a bit of chicken
D: steak chicana on a tortilla, chips and salsa, guacamole, 1/3 of a tamale
S: coffee with creamer, dried cherries, dark chocolate

E: 40 minutes walking, 50 minutes strength circuit (look, Zumba, I'm getting quicker at it!), 10 minutes yoga/stretching

Zumbachica
04-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Down a pound from yesterday..find that I'm a bit more mindful now that I'm logging into fat secret. trying to do my own version of low carb, following a structured plan would probably be a better idea for me at this time but I can't get myself in that frame of mind plus I don't have enough grocery money this week to buy what i would need to do belly fat cure.

Have an appt with the lawyer this morning, I'm exhausted and I"m dreading the long drive there...I feel emotionally drained.

love2b150
04-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Cattails the scale didn't have mercy :( the bloat is still lingering and my rings aren't as loose as last evening :( but thank you :hug: Glad you found a coffee that is easier on your stomach :)

Zumba good job on the pound :high: I just told my daughter and her husband that it's expensive to eat healthy, smh. Doing your version of low carb is still better than no version :). What do you try to keep your carbs under? I was trying for less than 100 then I was on some site so I am now trying for less than 50. Today will be fine since I'm doing Radiojane's Meat/Egg fast. Only 18 carbs today but I don't know about the rest of the week :)

Zumbachica
04-09-2014, 04:07 PM
cattails...LOL..I see that, you are getting quicker at it...good job! just don't go faster and forget your form...This coffee that you are talking about, does it come in k cups? I have been having heartburn lately, really rare for me.....and i'm wondering if its all the coffee I drink finally getting the best of me!!!

Love2b: I heard people say that before, that eating healthy is more expensive...but I see all that processed junk costs a bundle too!!! I try and keep net carbs to around 20...some days its less, some days more....any less than that and i feel groggy and stupid..and get that stinky low carb breath...im not trying to get into ketosis....i think my atkins days are long gone..although the diet definitely worked for me in the past this time i want to have more carbs.

I'm looking for a small indoor grill....anyone have any suggestions? Other than the george foreman grill?

love2b150
04-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Zumba my Mom bought this little hibachi grill for indoors from Bed bath and beyond I think. Pretty neat.

OK I had a bad bad afternoon :( so I'm admitting

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
I EAT WRONG
EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
IT ALL WENT WRONG :(

How on earth do you blow your own birthday present? Tell me that isn't just plain stupid :mad: I am so disappointed in myself. :( I think I am actually losing control of the late afternoon/evenings, smh.

Cattails
04-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Aw, Rennie, :hug: You are doing great - look how far you've come! Every day is a NEW DAY - every new choice is yours to make. Every moment counts, and you can do this - you CAN and you ARE! Now go do something (non-food related maybe) for yourself - a wonderful bath, or a walk, or talking on the phone with somebody you love - whatever you enjoy. You deserve it!

love2b150
04-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks Cattails :) I'll probably be 165 tomorrow and have that much more to work on :(. I really thought I would be out of the 160's by now ... we have Bible study this evening so I won't be here to do more damage. Shower and bed when we get back.

Cattails
04-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Check this out, Rennie:

Rennie said on 12/26/2013:

weigh in this morning 180.2

1 ~ get back to ticker weight of 177.4 by the first of the year
2 ~ get to 175 which was my Christmas challenge goal
3 ~ get as close to 170 as possible by the end of this challenge

AND:

Rennie said on 2/15/2014:

My weigh in today was 169.6 up .6 from yesterday. I have been stuck between 168-170 all month, smh.

And then there's yesterday:

I'm up .2 to 162.2.

This is awesome progress! There are always and will always be bumps in the road but that's all they are - the overall is what counts, my friend. :)

Zumba, I don't think Kava comes in single servings - looks like it's instant only (which works for lazy me), but there is Puroast, which is acid reduced, in K-cups. Don't know how it tastes but it might be worth a try. I've learned that darker roasts naturally have less acid, fyi.

Happy Wednesday all.

love2b150
04-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Cattails, thank so much :hug: I needed that pick me up, you've made me smile seeing my old post. :hug: I will dust off, pick my chin and lip up and look forward to tomorrow and prayerfully get it right. Zumba here I am trying to give you advice that I can't/don't even follow, smh. But I am sure you look great and YOU just don't see it :hug:
ha ... it's so much easier to preach it than to practice it at times on this journey for sure.
Thank you all for being here :grouphug:

Sum38
04-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Awesome going Rennie!

Zumbachica
04-10-2014, 06:59 AM
good morning ya'll..since the weather has gotten nice again I am going to start my walking in the evenings....Im also going to start the 21 Day fix routine again, but leaving out the cardio because its so boring and stupid.....atleast i have zumba for that.

Puppy had me up at 5 am today, I am exhausted.....

Mini goal, to be below 150 by the end of next week.....

love2b150
04-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Cattails thank you again :hug: I'm smiling :D and I am hoping for a totally OP day :)

Thanks Sum :)

Zumba hope you get a nap in today :hug: Enjoy your day :)

I am back down to one of my scales favorite numbers 162.2. I'm drinking a cup of coffee for the first time in awhile, pretty good. :)

I hope we all have Positive Thoughts and a Perfect (no slip up) ON POINT day ... this is really for me ... Rissa (my 10 yr old) just told me to put that on my internet thing that I go on everyday :D kids :)

Sum38
04-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi Friends :grouphug:

I have been really busy all week. Unfortunately not too busy to eat :) Well I have been pretty good, over all. My scale and I are not friends though. It likes to run up really fast, but comes down at snail's pace :D

I am visiting a very pregnant friend this morning. Then run a few errands and in the evening I have a fundraiser walk. Hoping to get in some steps.

The weather has been amazing. I hope that this long awful winter is behind us. :crossed: But it is Michigan, we may get an ice storm and a huge snow storm in April...lol

I swore I was not going to get any more clothing until I am at goal, but WHBM had a great sale going on and I broke down and ordered some items. They will be great for next winter. I got them on bottom prices. I can not pass up a pair of suede shoes for $19 plus 30% off....They were originally $130. I also bought a sweater dress... I told this to Zumba... I look like a sausage in it right now...but I am hoping to rock it next winter. And I bought a few other items. I love their 30% off sales on sales items.

I hope everyone is well, personals later!

Zumbachica
04-10-2014, 01:19 PM
SUM There is no doubt in my mind you will be rocking those clothes next winter...i haven't been clothes shopping in a long time...but plan on shopping in my own closet as soon as I get into a smaller size...cant' wait...summer here I come! :carrot: I have some major expenses coming up the next few months...patio furniture, property taxes on two houses, setting up my home office.....buyiing a new wardrobe is NOT on the agenda....:(

Love2b Congrats on getting back to that number :) you have been working so hard at this...so glad that it is working for you. I will never give up coffee no matter what kind of diet or new lifestyle i am on.....ive been drinking since i was a kid (don't ask, i come from a weird culture) . I gave it up during my pregnancies and as soon as that baby popped out i was asking for a cup of coffee....:dizzy: I don't understand why people give it up, if you have it in moderation it isn't bad for you...people at the gym talk about how they gave up coffee and they're so proud of themselves, then they go home and drink vodka....go figure...

Today I start day one of the BFC...it has worked for me twice before....i'm doing fast track which is seven days of low carb....but it is plenty of food.....in fact I'm feeling very satiated right now .....and i haven't had lunch yet. I Pray this works for me because I am at the end of my rope. I spoke to my new trainer today...she is amazing....all muscle...does competitions....i'm kind of afraid of her...LOL..but thats the kind of person I want training me....they know shortcuts and they know how to NOT waste time in the gym....:carrot: I have to set up an appt with her, i'm just trying to figure out this months finances.....speaking of which i had bette go pay some bills....:(

Thistimeitsreal
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
To weigh 15 pound less ( I think I've lost 5 already and I'm weighing in tomorrow so really I want yo lose another 10)

To work out at least 5 days a week.
To completely fill in my food journal and track measurements daily.

That should do it :)

FatAbbi
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
So far this year 3 inches off my hips, 4 inches off my waist. Changing my weigh in day to Saturday so couple more days I will know my current weightloss.

Magicsusan
04-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Just a fly-by visit here- just wanted to say me eating is completely wrecked, but-

I've kept up with the running and
Didn't need a seatbelt extender in the plane, plus we went to Busch Gardens and had no trouble fitting the roller coasters!

Will catch up properly easter weekend when we are home...

Zumbachica
04-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Took a walk with friends....felt good to be walking..something so simple that we suburbanites just don't do...

love2b150
04-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Sum you aren't worried that you'll be too small for those clothes by next winter? You have your times lady (when you call your eating off plan) but I think when you really get things going (like you want) you are gonna take off for sure ... :)

Thanks Zumba Shopping in your own closet sounds like fun. I wish I could say that :) LOL I haven't given up coffee but when I drink it I either pee a lot or it upsets my stomach. I'm going to finish what I have and look into some lower acidic coffee like Cattails :) I love coffee and would definitely go to Starbucks or Caribou's daily if I could afford it ;)

Thistimeitsreal :welcome: to the thread and best of luck to you with your goals :)

Susan great NSV's :yay: ... have fun, see ya when you you get back to the thread ;)

good day today, hoping for another tomorrow :)

MarleneV
04-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Hi all, quick drop by...

Few more days of work craziness. Plus my FIL will be stopping by over the weekend on his way west. DD has an Idol type competition at school this weekend. Also, on a sad note, one of the girls from the older DD's class (graduated last spring) and her current college died in a car accident, and the younger is good friends with her sister. So trying to help support both of them, and will have a funeral/memorial service to go to.

Food mostly good, except dinner out tonight. Dinner itself was OP, but they messed up my steak, and offered an appetizer or desert as well as comp'ed my meal. So, chocolate lava cake... I let DH eat most of it. Tomorrow will be OP, no idea about the rest of the weekend with FIL here. Will try to stay OP as much as I can since I had the cake.

Cattails
04-11-2014, 05:10 AM
Sum, I'm sure you'll look fab in that dress in no time! Still waiting on a picture of your new hair... ;)

Rennie, glad you had a good day today. What do you have planned for your birthday? :)

Yay, Abbi, that's some terrific progress!

Susan, kudos on staying with the running, and riding the coasters, whoo! Good fun.

Welcome, Thistimeitsreal, glad to have you with us! Feel free to log your meals here too if you like. (We're kinda nosy that way. LOL)

Zumba, your trainer sounds awesome - hope you like her regimen! I'm with you on the coffee - quitting coffee is nuts! :coffee:

Marlene, sorry to hear about the death, that's so sad especially when it's such a young person. Oh, my, lava cake - that's definitely on my bucket list, yum!