40-Somethings - 40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Cattails
04-11-2014, 05:17 AM
Been fighting off a bad mood lately, tried to banish it today by moving my bod. Seems to have helped some! Being outside enjoying the sunshine is a good mood-enhancer too.

B: oatmeal with dried apricots and almond butter
L: broccoli slaw with peanut dressing
D: green salad with shredded beef, grilled zucchini
S: half a banana, coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

E: walked 2 1/2 miles, did stepups for 10 minutes

TGIF all. :wave:

love2b150
04-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Marlene :hug: to all and my condolences to all :hug: My oldest son and I are doing a 5K in honor of a young man that was killed last year in a car accident. Such a hard thing for young people to go through. ... I am so happy that tax season is almost over, I miss seeing you and chatting with you :hug: I love the lava cake desserts. I always have to share it. I get it because I can taste it just looking at it on the menu :D but I'm usually too full to eat more than a few bites (greedy me);)

Thanks Cattails, I never have plans. I'm just gonna enjoy a Food Lion cake because I love their birthday cake and some ice cream. I have decided that I will only buy the small cake because once I cut it into 6 pieces it will be gone.:D So I'll have my 500 calories once and be done :) Cattails any particular reason for the bad mood? I hope it's better for you today :hug:

I am down .4 to 161.8. New low so my wish came true. Now to keep it going :crossed: My calories were low yesterday so I need to be good today. My daughter, her husband and his Mother want to take me out to eat tomorrow so I'm thinking I should just low carb/calorie today also. Thoughts/comments :)

Sum38
04-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Cat; My hair faded out really quick. It does not look bad, more strawberry blonde that a carrot top :) I'll have it done again in May, I will have my hairdresser to take a picture.

Rennie I am buying everything in size 4 or S right now. I hope I will get to be that small :)

It is a cleaning day for me. Yay, fun...LOL I had a really busy week, I was all over the place every day. I did not log my foods but I think I did pretty well, atleast the past few days. I am eating more during the day and skipping dinner. I think the big dinners were hindering my progress. Monday was a bad day; I ate through my sorrows. So silly to give someone that much power.

Weather has been amazing. And I really want to be outdoors.

Plan for today is to eat early;
B - hardboiled eggs (2), Greek yogurt
L - Pulled pork, coleslaw, side salad
S - apple w/pb, nuts
D - None

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min
Step aerobics 60 min

Sum38
04-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Rennie You are almost at your 150's :hug: :woohoo:

Can tomorrow be your splurge day?

love2b150
04-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Sum I know you will be in a small/ 4 wow. I can't even imagine, YOU GO GIRL! :carrot: I just want to go buy a pair of size 10's LOL :) I can't even see myself in an 8 at this point. I wonder what size I'll be at goal? I really need to work on my stomach because I have a really saggy pouch. So ugly, BIG SIGH. Ok but you keep doing what you're doing I know you look good and will continue to do so :) ALL of YOU with these new dresses/outfits/clothes you have bought ... one day I'll be able to also :) :crossed:

Thanks Sum :hug: yeah almost, I don't want to get excited and blow it but oh my would't it be great :D. I may just do a complete splurge tomorrow get it all out of the way and have Sunday to re-group and get it all together, then be ready for the number on the scale Monday. I am gonna be so nervous on Monday morning. Isn't that just plain silly? Why does it matter so much to me?? Am I over obsessing? :dizzy: It's almost like I'm afraid to eat this weekend :(

Sum what do you put in your cole slaw? I have some shreds I bought to make it but it seems the dressing has so many carbs. I do have 0 carb 0 sugar mayonnaise though.

Sum38
04-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Thistimeitsreal Welcome to the challenge! Nice to have you here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Rennie I am a bad girl with the close slaw, I use the store bought stuff, but I mind my portion :)

Cattails
04-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Sum, I've heard that red is the hardest color to create and keep true. My mom has been a redhead for so long now that I think her roots are permanently affected! You're going to be in those 4's soon, I know it. :)

Rennie, grats on the new low!! Wow, you are amazing. :D Don't worry about the saggy stuff, skin takes longer to pull in. Keep on keeping on and your skin will catch up. The Food Lion cake sounds wonderful and very smart to get the small cake! If you can do a controlled splurge, then by all means go nuts. I eat out myself several times a week and try to get dishes with lots of veggies and fill up on those, but it's really easy to eat over a 1000 calories in a restaurant dish, isn't it? I always bring home at least half or 2/3rds of my order, though - and usually give it away to my kids once home. Either way, enjoy yourself!

Thanks for asking, Rennie; my mood is okay at the moment. It might be hormonal, who knows? I'm doing what I can to keep the dark cloud at bay. Keep the mind busy, keep the body busy (and NOT with food! Haha..).

Chubby mum
04-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Aaaah! We've all had horrid gastro. All four kids, including the baby and then DH and I inevitably succumbed. It was short and sharp but I definitely became dehydrated, think I'll weigh myself now (after breakfast and about a million glasses of water) and make that my weight for the week. I am still losing though, I can see it!

Shannonsnail
04-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Rennie :congrat:

I posted here before without realizing it was a challenge thread so
I guess I need to come up with a May 14 goal.... That's about a month away so let's go with a goal weight of 192. That might be a tad aggressive since my weight loss is likely to slow with me having 3 holidays between now and then but we'll see. My birthday is right after we dance like chickens....41.....I feel a little nauseous.

love2b150
04-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Sum, I have two Aunts that make their own Cole Slaw so I just don't like the one in the store. It's always too soupy. My cousin makes hers with raspberry vinaigrette dressing instead of mayo. So so good :drool: My family loves it when I make it that way also, I like the mayo way though :)

Thanks Cattails :) I picked up the book 8 minutes in the morning to a flat belly by Jorge Cruise. I figure it can't hurt and it's 8 minutes, what would be my reason not to do it. NADA!! :) I get a to go tray when I have a big entrée so that I can separate it in the beginning. One of the kids will usually ask for it before I can place it on the table ;) Glad you're smiling today :hug:

Chubby Mum hope everyone has fully recovered. :hug:

LOL Shannon 41 isn't bad and you look great :hug: I'll be 48 on Monday :) And loving this age. I think I look pretty good also ;) I'm rooting for you with all that you have going on in May. That's a lot at one time. At least all of mine were only once a month until October but hopefully by then I'll be at goal, or very close :crossed: We have a birthday in here every month from Dec to April. Then nothing until Oct when my husband and sons birthdays are a day apart. My husband likes carrot cake so no problem there. But my son usually wants a homemade banana pudding ... so much sugar :) I've gotten better I only eat a cup and I am good. I don't like it when the bananas turn black, yuck :) Oh I made the beans but haven't ate a serving. I did taste then, thank you. I'm also gonna try that salsa, with sour cream and I forgot the other ingredient. That sounds good also. I will let you know :)

Well calories are low again today, carbs are slightly higher than yesterday and I still need about 16oz of water so I should be good.

Sum38
04-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Welcome Shannonsnail!! It may be a "challenge" thread originally, but we like to chat as well :)

Sum38
04-12-2014, 09:47 AM
I have had 3 OP days straight! It is a start, right? Scale and I are becoming friends again ;)

I walked and did step aerobics yesterday. According to MFP I burned 1112 cals. I don't believe it, though. But regardless it was a good exercise and eating day.

So My new thing is skipping dinner. I frontload the calories earlier on the day; have a huge lunch. It seems to be working. I am getting into the mindset of not snacking at night. -- Now I am forced to eat bfast. It is hard but the eggs seem to go down easy. This morning I will cook an omelet with lots of veggies and some turkey and cheddar cheese.

I will also hit the gym for some weights, walk the pup for 4.2 miles (now that the snow is gone we increased the length by a mile) and perhaps swim for 45 min.

Another gorgeous day shaping up, 70F today. Yeah, baby!! I could get used to this!!

I am setting a mini goal to get down to 140.x by next Friday's weigh in; gulp. I hope I can drop 2+ pounds in one week. But if I stay OP and keep exercising, I should be able to do it! :crossed:

ETA: I adjusted my ticket to reflect my true weight. I need to drop 7+ pounds in one month to meet my goal :( That seems so unattainable right now, but let's see how close I can get...

Plan for the day
Meals;
B - omelet w/veggies, turkey and cheese. Salsa.
L - Pulled pork, coleslaw, salad
D - None
S - TBD

Exercise;
4.2 mile pup walk 65 min
Weight lifting 45 min
Swimming 45 min

Weight 142.6 :goodscale

Zumbachica
04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Gorgeous day today,,,but i'll be indoors trying to tidy up the house and put things in order, I think i need to do that to just have my head in the right place and then focus on my weight.

Went to dinner and dancing with a friend last night, tried to order healthy.....it wasn't easy....

today i'm having a problem with my legs and feet, they are swollen....one foot is especially bad. Not sure what it could be.

sum I like your plan of skipping dinner....

Shannonsnail
04-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Had to take our dog to the vet for his annual checkup this morning.....cha ching! Later today I've got to get groceries. This is probably the first time in, well it's the first time ever, that I ate all the produce and my fridge is empty! Usually on trash day I empty out the fridge to get rid of all the produce I didn't eat. Times are changing!

Cattails
04-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Rennie, that 8 minutes sounds great! Did I really say "controlled splurge?" Isn't that a paradox? I meant, if you can splurge and then go back to normal again - sometimes that's a slippery slope! But you are so dedicated and strong. :cheer:

Chubby, hope you and yours are on the mend!

Shannon, welcome to the challenge/chat! Forty-one, ah, you're a young one. :D I'm 46 and happy to be this age. And isn't it wonderful to have to replace the veggies because they've been eaten, not because they've gone rotten. LOL

Hi Zumba! Sorry to hear about the swelling, hope that resolves.

Sum, sounds like you're getting things lined up nicely! It seems like it makes sense to eat heavier in the midday when your energy output is highest and lighter in the evening when you're getting ready to rest. I've got my fingers crossed for your minigoal and goal as well. :crossed:

I spent yesterday taking care of chicks and turtles, today I need to do some taking care of ME (exercise). Time to get to it! Happy Saturday, all. :wave:

Zumbachica
04-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Finally below 150 this morning!! I was so busy yesterday cleaning my house that i didn't overeat...and the swelling is down on my foot this morning thank goodness.....

Plan today is the same as yesterday...continuing my organizing and eat low carb, two meals....

maybe there is light at the end of this tunnel (getting my chicken suit ready)

Shannonsnail
04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Cattails yes, it is a nice feeling! I always felt so guilty before. I know age is a state of mind but I'm having a hard time with 41. 40 sounded nicer, lol!

Rennie lets us know how the book goes. I'm pretty sure I owned it and didn't use it (along with many others like it) a long time ago. I'm terrible with follow through!

That's good news Zumba!

I had a very off plan dinner last night but am ready to be back on track, esp after seeing the effect on my blood sugar. Fortunately I don't think it threw my weight loss off by much. i am feeling tired today though. We went out to run an errand yesterday and it turned into an all afternoon/evening event. My daughter got to bed two hours later than usual so I went to bed later...tired!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday! :)

love2b150
04-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Zumba glad the swelling has gone down and yay for organization ... it does bring peace in all areas starting with a clean/tidy house, makes me feel good too :)

Shannon, eating all the veggies in the fridge, I have yet to do that. I'll buy it and then just don't feel like cooking it. And then one day I want to cook everything :) and then there's too much for me and I don't have time to eat it all so the cycle continues :D I'm just bad. I will surely let you know how things go with that book :) LOL Shannon, I was talking to my husband about 48 and still having TOM visit and then my SIL called and said child I will be 50 next month and it's time to make some changes for the better and thought huh 48 isn't so bad ;)

Sum good for you on skipping dinner :) I think I'm gonna need to fast for two days :)

Cattails, it may be a paradox but it truly makes sense to me and I understood. I think the entire journey has controlled splurges to be honest. So what a great way to put it/name it :D

I had fajitas from Lime Fresh Mexican for lunch yesterday and a side order of fries with ketchup and a slice of (kid's meal) cheese pizza from Chili's for dinner. I didn't think it was too too bad but I was up 1.6 this morning. I think it is more sodium and TOM than anything so I am trying to keep the smile on my face. I don't think that I will be seeing anything below 160 or 160 tomorrow but I did come close. SO I'll have to get there by the end of this challenge. When is that again Cattails?

Oh and a great NSV for me. I had to get new jeans, I only bought 3 pair. They are a size 10. I don't know that last time I have worn a 10. I was shocked, but my size 12 slacks (from 2010 when I loss weight) that I wear to church were/are looking really frumpy so now I have to work on a couple pairs of slacks, and some new tops. Previous size 16's.

Cattails
04-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Rennie, that's a terrific NSV!! Honestly now, how many times have you checked the tags since you brought them home? :D For sure, yesterday's food had a lot of sodium, you'll see that water off quickly. Dance Like A Chicken Day is May 14th, a whole month to go - you've got this! Zumba, glad to hear you're dusting off the costume! LOL Nice that the scale's being friendly!

Shannon, hope your day is restful!

Sum38
04-13-2014, 10:28 PM
We had a wicked storm last night and lost power for 24 hrs. So much tree damage.

I had a great OP weekend :woohoo: Scale and I are becoming friends again :hug: I hope I can continue my clean eating and exercise regimen for the week and see that 140 (or below) by Friday.

Tomorrow is my fast day.

newleaf123
04-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Getting back on plan. Now. Not happy with my appearance, not happy with my weight creep. We are going to Hawaii in August (!!) so I am using this as motivation... Anyway, :wave:

Hey, but I did get my hair cut; I'm really happy with it! And, I still haven't had candy since early January. So those are both good things!

Zumbachica
04-13-2014, 10:48 PM
NEWLEAF Hawaii is a great motivation!!!! You are always on point..you can do this...

SUM Not having power is not fun...we went without it for a week last year after hurricane sandy....that alone would make me reach for some snacks..

Love2b Mazel on the size 10 jeans!!!!! :hug:

Shannonsnail Good for you for finishing all the produce...i never do that.....although I'm getting better...

Zumbachica
04-13-2014, 10:53 PM
I spent the past two days in the house organizing...feel more on point now....still alot to do...but I have time this week to get things done.

I didn't have to cook for kids this weekend so it was just me..ate huge breakfasts and then smaller meals the rest of the day...i think that is a good strategy for me for now. Keeping carbs super low...curious to see what scale says tomorrow.

love2b150
04-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Cattails, I don't know how many times I've looked at the size. I just kind of hold them up and say wow. :)

Sum, do you have a specific number that you'd like to be by Friday? I hope the tree didn't damage your home or vehicles. :hug: I'm so happy for you and your soon to be friend scale ;) YAY for you two :hug:

Heidi Hawaii ... great motivation :) Nice cut, and great job on still no candy :high:

Thanks Zumba :hug: good job on the low carbs, I need to get back to that after this weekends eats, whew ... crazy :)

Went to my daughters this evening for a cookout. We had a good time. I ate a plain hotdog, some chips and dip (not that much) and then they surprised me with cake (with a big "48" on it) and some ice cream. Ladies I finished my ice cream and my stomach started churning like you would not believe. I had the worse upset stomach and literally just made it to the bathroom, my stomach was so messed up. I don't know whether it was all of the stuff that I have eaten in the last two days or what but my goodness. If this was a warning not to do this again I sure heard it loud and clear. I barely made it home.

Cattails
04-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Heidi, I love the cut - it looks great on you! Wow on the candy, that is a real accomplishment.

Zumba, nice on getting organized; it's amazing how much clearer your head is when the literal clutter is sorted out. NOT my strong point by any means!

Aw, Rennie, sorry to hear that your stomach troubled you, even though it might help stay on point. I have that curse/blessing: I truly cannot eat junk without it making me feel terrible. Hope you feel all recovered in time to enjoy your birthday - have a great day! :woo:

:wave: to all.

Zumbachica
04-14-2014, 08:32 AM
NEWLEAF..super cute cut....love it

LOVE2B thats nutty about the ice cream cake, definitely something in there your body was saying a great big NO to...sometimes when we eat healthy and then we go back to sugar we can feel sickly..I know that has happened to me.....

CATTAILS Yes, being organized helps my head alot. My ex was a clutter bug and it used to drive me crazy...I felt so bogged down my him and HIS junk....now tha t I have my own home I want to keep it tidy....and uncluttered mind means I can focus more on my weight loss..or atleast I like to think so.

Zumbachica
04-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Too many calories yesterday...1389 , I thnk that made me gain point 8 of a lb despite the fact that my net carbs were way low.

Took a long walk yesterday.

Today i have three zumba classes. Have to go back to the accountant and get an extension on my son's taxes (thanks to the ex withholding information from me) but will make sure to make time to get to the store today and buy healthy food to get me through a BFC week.

Shannonsnail
04-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Zumba chaos in the house affects me greatly; however, with a messy DH who works from home and 3.5 yr old who is like a mess on wheels, it is hard to keep it how I like it. I always feel better though when I organize or clean.

Happy birthday Rennie I hope 48 is GREAT!

Today is my weekly weigh day and I have officially lost 12 lbs and entered Onederland! Yay! I hope I have a one way ticket, lol!

Sum38
04-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Happy birthday Rennie! I would post million cute emoticons but I am posting from my phone because we at are without power.
Enjoy your day!

Sum38
04-14-2014, 11:07 AM
My day was excellent. I ate OP and took the hardest class ever.
Today I am fasting, from bfast to bfast. I had an interesting bfast because we have no power.

Today is our second day without any power, days are fine. It is warm outside and light, but evenings sucks. I go to bed early. We live on a lake, so I carry buckets of water to flush the toilets... Lol... Good exercise. We don't have water because we have a well and the pump needs power. So I will be showering at the gym. A good excuse to go and workout.

Sorry about all typos, posting from my phone.

Zumbachica
04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::woo::bday2you::gift::balloons::ce lebrate:Happy Birthday Rennie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple Blossom
04-14-2014, 04:43 PM
I guess this is becoming my weekly check in! I didn't weigh myself today but I feel pretty much the same. I have not made any changes in my eating habits so I can't expect much. I had a great work out this morning at the rowing club and even though I ate a good breakfast I am starving right now.
My week-end was pretty lazy, I have no good reason why I didn't go running the last 3 days. I just feel like it doesn't make a difference. A bit frustrated on that point. It is way more important to eat right. But on the other hand I am always glad when I make the effort to sweat a little bit.
I'll check in tomorrow with a weigh in!
Have a great day everyone, and Happy Birthday Rennie!:bday2you:

jennykay
04-14-2014, 08:06 PM
I would love to join you all! I've just read the past few posts and I can see what a close and supportive group you are :)

It looks like I have a month left, and I hope to get down to 147 by then. I am currently losing slowly but at least it is moving in the right direction.

Shannonsnail, super congrats on Onederland!!!

Shannonsnail
04-14-2014, 08:50 PM
I would love to join you all! I've just read the past few posts and I can see what a close and supportive group you are :)

It looks like I have a month left, and I hope to get down to 147 by then. I am currently losing slowly but at least it is moving in the right direction.

Shannonsnail, super congrats on Onederland!!!

Thank you jennykay and welcome!

Sum38
04-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Welcome jennykay! Nice to have you here!!

MarleneV
04-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Well, I made it through... Filed the last extension this afternoon at 5:30. Tomorrow we'll hang around the office until 3:30 to answer questions and so forth. Then we go to the bar.

Eating has been ok, but not perfect the past few days. Just so busy dealing with everything. Glad it's all done (for the most part).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rennie!

Chubby mum
04-15-2014, 06:52 AM
I think I need to reign myself in a bit... I had gastro on Friday (thanks kids) and was (hideously) unwell for about 24 hours. Over the last few days I've been purposefully eating and drinking MORE than I wanted because the dehydration dropped my milk - first time this has happened in 4 babies - and poor wee DS was already looking a bit skinny after his own bout with the virus.

Anyway, all is well now yet I'm still munching on biscuits and ice cream and chocolate. I need to regroup, I'm pleased with how things have been going. Might go for a run to stop my sneaky trips into the kitchen.

newleaf123
04-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Happy birthday rennie!!

Ooh, saw a photo in the paper of your storm, sum! Hope your power is back today.

Marlene so glad taxes are done!!

:wave: everyone

Alright food day yesterday. Held off from eating late night cookies. Weighing myself in kg since those numbers gave no power over me... LOL

Sum38
04-15-2014, 09:16 AM
So we are half way through this challenge and I am half way to my goal! :dance:

I am back, ladies. Back on weight loss path. Scale dropped another 1.8 pounds yesterday :yay: So it saw 13x.x on my scale this morning and it made me really happy. My goal of 135 by May 14th seems possible now.

I met my minigoal. I wanted to be 140 by Friday and today is only Tuesday. Now I want to be at or below 138 by Friday, that would bring me back to my lowest weight since I started this journey a year ago....am I getting greedy? :lol:

I did 170 minutes of exercise yesterday. I walked twice; first the pup at brisk pace for 4.2 miles, then did my 4.7 mile power treadmill walk, and finished all off with a 45 minute swim.

The only bad thing I did all day; I ate some Easter candy :o. Obviously not enough to do any damage.

I was wearing some biker short type of bottoms yesterday at the gym and it exposed my legs... I thought my legs had looked okay, but under the harsh gym lights the reality came to light; they don't :( I have all sorts of clumps of fat and cellulite..... I guess the weightloss will attack those too, in time. I have always liked my legs...now they seem to have gone downhill as well :cry: It did not help that I was surrounded with fit and trim people on their treadmills. :)

Something to work on.

We got more snow...in April, ugh. I guess we met the record of the snowiest winter ever.

Well off to start my day. I have a doctor appointment, need to get some errands run and the gym of course ;)

Have a beautiful day my online peeps!

Sum38
04-15-2014, 10:03 AM
I started skipping dinner and since then I have lost 5 pounds in one week... Coincidence? I eat 1100-1200 cals per day, really big lunch.

Zumbachica
04-15-2014, 03:25 PM
SUM Not a coincidence at all!! Haven't you heard the saying eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper? I think having a lighter meal or no meal at night gives your body a chance to digest and the body a chance to get into fat burning mode..I have globs of cellulite on my legs, add edema to that and my legs are horrific....so I read ya' on that....hopefully the weight training you are doing will help build up more leg muscle and help with the skin tone....cellulite is fat and some of it (not all of it) should improve with weight loss...atleast it has for me in the past. try not to be discouraged.:cool:

CHUBBYMUM Oh my ..you really had a rough time of it lately. Hope you are all on the mend..you'll get back on track now..you'll be fine.:p

MARLENE Drink up... You deserve a little spiritual libation after all that hard work!!!:hat:

JENNYKAY Welcome

SHANNONSNAIL I didn't get to congratulate you!!!!!:carrot::cheer2:

Zumbachica
04-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Lots of rain here today, looks like a monsoon. Taught my class, only five students there which is odd but it was a good class anyways. I tried to exaggerate movement so I could burn more calories....and make my muscles work harder. I have to remind myself that what is a super easy workout to me is a real challenge to some of my older gals and I need to work out for them, not for me..but I needed to burn off some steam today.

So happy that i am below 150 again....hopefully this time the scale will keep dropping. Im in my room right now...there are workers here installing a t.v. over my fireplace...wound up being a more complicated (and expensive) job than i thought it was going to be...but i think its going to be fine, i'm looking forward to being able to watch t.v. in the living room and relaxing in there. Anyhow because the guys are here I am keeping out of the kitchen area and that means I can't eat...not such a bad thing. Trying to keep that scale number going in the right direction!!

Cattails
04-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Congrats, Shannon, good job getting to Onederland!

Whoo, nice to see you charging full steam ahead again Sum! You've got this! Try not to be too hard on yourself (your legs), I think the in-between stage can be tough - keep going and your legs will smooth out all right. Hope you've got power back by now; you live right on the edge of one of the Great Lakes? How wonderful!

Chubby, glad everybody's well again.

Whew, Marlene, you got through it! Definitely time to cut loose a bit and celebrate.

Apple, hang in there, everything makes a difference! Run, walk, move it! :coach: Oh, rowing is great too. :p

Zumba, keep dry! :cheer: for the under 150!

Welcome jennykay!

Shannonsnail
04-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Sum great news at the scale! Snow? Yowzers! I'm in the South where seasons seem to change back and forth daily but we have definitely said goodbye to snow, thankfully!

Zumba we had a monsoon tonight too! I just planted some herbs this weekend so I hope they made it. I will check on them tomorrow.

Still going strong this week. I am really tired though. I have a bad habit of staying up late (12-1 am) and then my 3.5 yr old wakes early (and sometimes during the night too) so I'm just not getting enough sleep. It is so hard for me to force myself to bed earlier. I am tired but it's my only time to myself all day. I need to make peace with bedtime.

jennykay
04-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Sum - how exciting to get to the 130s! I haven't even dreamt that goal :)

Zumba - I would have gladly boosted your attendance as I love Zumba...it's so easy to get distracted with the music and hip movements

Shannonsnail - I was up late last night too, although not typical for me. My 9 year old wanted to check out the lunar eclipse and then decided against it after I woke her! I, of course, couldn't fall asleep after.

Marlene - congrats on reaching the 15th. My hubby works with TurboTax and he is still at the office. We're sooo close now though.

Not much to report here. I was OP for eating but not much movement. Mainly because I am exhausted today. Plan to go to bed early and start again tomorrow.

MarleneV
04-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Dropping in again... We did go to the bar (Mexican). 3 skinny Margaritas, chips, salsa, guacamole, shrimp & avocado, flour tortilla... I skipped dinner after all that...

Leaving in the morning on a camping trip & taking lots of healthy OP food. I may just skip the scale until we get back on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and weekend!

newleaf123
04-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Have a great camping trip marlene!

sum you are doing so well!! Wow, 13x.x!! I am really happy for you!

Jenny great job being OP with your eating!

Shannon, you are doing a great job! It's hard having a toddler, you definitely need to make peace with bedtime, though... It does get easier as they get older from that regard...

zumba great job getting below 150 again!

catTails :wave:

It's my birthday today, 49 - ack! That marks 2 years on this weightloss journey, and I feel good that I have lost and kept off 40+ pounds. It's been a journey alright! Another great year ahead, I'm sure!

Shannonsnail
04-16-2014, 09:44 AM
It's my birthday today, 49 - ack! That marks 2 years on this weightloss journey, and I feel good that I have lost and kept off 40+ pounds. It's been a journey alright! Another great year ahead, I'm sure!

That is a true accomplishment Heidi! Happy birthday!!

Zumbachica
04-16-2014, 09:45 AM
:bday2you:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NewleAF!!!!!!!

49 NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!!

Sum38
04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Happy Birthday Heidi! :hug:

Sum38
04-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Stayed below 140. I had a huge chicken Caesar salad for lunch; it was dripping with dressing. I am surprised that the sodium from it did not make me gain. I actually lost 0.2 pounds. ;)

After three days of having power on and off, we are on again. I hope we'll stay this way.

Today I will volunteer all day, hoping to have enough stamina to go to the step aerobic class tonight.

There is snow on the ground; I am hoping that it will all melt by the time I get out today; tired of seeing that white stuff.

B - Eggs
L - Chicken Caesar salad, apple
D - None
S - Apple w/peanut butter

Exercise
Weights 45 min
4.6 mile Powerwalk 60 min

Weight
Down 0.2 lbs

Zumbachica
04-16-2014, 10:43 AM
SUM We have ice on our grass this morning, dog was a little annoyed when i took her out today...:dizzy: Let that salad be a lesson to you, always get that dressing on the side!

MARLENE Wow, just your description of that mexican food made me hungry....have a great time camping..

JENNYKAY Sleep is part of weight loss...a trainer told me that once..your body needed that sleep, i hope you got it.

SHANNONSNAIL Hope your herbs made it. I'm not planting anything for a while.....have to do my spring clean up first...

Zumbachica
04-16-2014, 11:03 AM
I stayed the same, not happy about that......

I actually don't have anywhere to go or anything to do today....wow! That never happens...

Had my big protein filled breakfast...not eating again until tonight when i have a few friends over..we are having salad with grilled chicken.....

Cattails
04-16-2014, 01:23 PM
:woo: Heidi, :bday2: !!

Shannonsnail
04-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Whew! My herbs made it! The monsoon brought 30 degree weather though. Wonders never cease. Just when I said winter is over.

Last night I was on a quest to go to bed earlier, emphasis on the "er", lol. I am all snug in my bed falling asleep when I remember it's the last day to order preschool pictures and it is already after midnight. Ugh! Had to get up, go through the lengthy decision process on what to order since it's been a long time since I've mailed out any pics to my non-computerized family, lol. So, again it was after 1 by the time I got to sleep. Perhaps I need a better to do list.

I sneaked a peek today and the scale is still moving so yay! I'm a little nervous bc it is Easter weekend. We will meet family to eat out this year since everyone's schedule is really hectic right now and no one feels they have time to cook (sad, yes). If I had to take a guess everyone will pick Cracker Barrel. I eat low carb and mostly wheat free so I need to pull up the menu online and see what options are even available, if any. If not, I am fine with just having an off plan meal, I'm giving myself alot of grace this time around bc I tend to be an all or nothing thinker which causes me to easily give up on things.

love2b150
04-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks Cattails :) I don't know what was going on with my stomach it was the same on my birthday for the better part of the day but it's better now. :)

Thanks Zumba :), that is what I was thinking also, that the healthy eating I've done rejected the real sugars. I guess that's a good thing if it will just keep up and be a deterrent :) Zumba :yay: on being below the 150's :high: It's rained buckets here yesterday but we needed it to wash the pollen away :)

Thanks Shannon :) Congratulations on Onederland :yay: 48 is gonna be great :) I am gonna show off a new me :D My house is cluttered most of time to me. The kids come in an place their back packs down and head for the kitchen and then the evenings seem chaotic most of the time with running them around or picking someone up. I feel like I can rarely get a handle on things. While I'm at home I clean during the day and then I have to yell a lot to keep things in order in here (ok that turned into a rant) I hate it things are a mess and unorganized :dizzy: Shannon this is me also ---> I have a bad habit of staying up late (12-1 am) then I have to get up at 5:30 so I'm just not getting enough sleep. It is so hard for me to force myself to bed earlier. I am tired but it's my only time to myself all day. I need to make peace with bedtime. I often get in the bed and then have too much going through my head and can't sleep, smh. We'll get it together hopefully soon :hug: Shannon where did spring go, :brr: this morning at the bus stop, the car window even had a little ice, crazy. You can give up. I'm looking forward to us one of these days meeting for lunch or something since you live so close :D. It would be nice to meet a 3FCer that I didn't/don't already know. So have their salad it's big and I enjoyed it, if you go to Cracker Barrel :)

Thanks Sum :) Glad your power is back on, your arms got a workout for sure carrying the water. and yes that was a good excuse to make it to the gym :)
Sum sorry about how you feel about your legs. I have flabby thighs and stilts at the bottom, really unattractive. Sum great job on the 130's :yay: YOU :)

Thanks Apple Blossom :), I always feel better when I sweat also ... eating right just makes my workout seem more worthwhile :) and usually I stay OP after a workout but yesterday I was starving and ate everything last night :(

JennyKay :welcome: to the thread :) best of luck on your goals :) LOL JennyKay, I have a 10 year old and when she tells me to wake her, I never do it, because that always happens. She looks at me and turns back over and then I'm up cleaning something, smh :)

Thanks Marlene :) Glad you can relax now Marlene ... until the 21st right? Enjoy :)

Chubby Mum glad everyone is feeling better. I need to regroup also :)

Thanks Heidi :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI :celebrate: I did the math also, I wonder what about this age makes you/me/us do that. I weighed 194.6 on 4/1/13 and 163.2 on 4/1/14 so I did a little something :) We've done well :hug:

ok all caught up ...

who had the frying pan for me before? .... I need it again and badly along with a good swift kick in the behind, I have really messed up Ladies. I am up to 164.0 this morning. I started the day off on a good note and decided (I don't know what I decided) I just know nothing has been healthy :(.

I need to go back to posting my food before hand and I really need to prep. I NEED HELP FOR SURE. I've got to get ready for church but I will post my meals for tomorrow when I get back. The sad thing is yesterday I hit the treadmill hard and even jogged a little, I was proud of me and screwed that up also.

Cattails
04-17-2014, 04:28 AM
Rennie, how can anyone resist an invitation like that? :nono: :frypan: :kickbutt: :o Okay, now that that's over: :grouphug: Now, get back with the program or else!! :club: :lol:

p.s. I'm pretty darn proud of you, too, lady!

Sum38
04-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Morning :sunny:

I hope that our winter is finally over, weather forecast for the next 10 days looks promising.

My weight is up, it always happens when I sit at the FCA all day and barely drink anything. Plus one of the ladies brought some chocolate, filled with salty licorice, for me as a gift from her trip to Finland. Yes, to you it will sound disgusting, but to me it is a delicatessen. It is sodium laded. Then I went on and had pesto chicken for dinner; it was homemade but had a lot of parmesan cheese which in turn is high in sodium. So today I feel like a bloated pig. Water, water and more water!! Plus I will exercise a lot today and maybe even sit in the steamroom and sweat some of this bloat off.

What I find interesting. Each time I sit at the FCA 6-8 hours; I gain "weight". The sitting must make me retain water. And those days are usually my fast days as well, so one would think I would actually drop some weight. I guess I am so active at home and barely sit during the day, so when I sit like that for a lengthy period of time, my body gets confused. Now I even log my FCA days on my weight chart :D And each week it shows 2 to 3 pound gain on the following day on my scale. -- Wonder how bloated I would be if I had a desk job?? :dizzy:

Plan for today is to eat light. I had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast with an orange. Lunch will be a large salad with lots of veggies, small amount of feta cheese and some grilled chicken. Snacks are TBD, probably my beloved apple w/peanut butter and Greek yogurt :lol: and I will skip dinner. I will stop eating by 3 pm. I am also shooting for 100oz of water.

I have million phone calls to make today and run a ton of small errands. I also need to make a grocery list and shop. -- I have made menus for each week, and I have had 0 waste what comes to food. I have also cut my grocery bill even more. I am very proud of myself! I only buy what we eat.

Okee, off to start my day. Have a wonderful day!! :grouphug:

Sum38
04-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Shannonsnail Congrats on your scale moving at the right direction!!

Rennie It is your birthday, don't be too hard on yourself. It is just water weight and you will drop it in no time! But if you want the frying pan, here it is.... :frypan: :stars: and a few more :club: :rollpin: :kickbutt: :rofl: Did you give into the carbs? Just cut the cycle cold turkey! You will crave for them all day, but remember we are here to :frypan: if you don't start getting OP soon!

Cattails 115?? NICE! How I envy you!!! :)

Zumba A night in with friends sounds really nice!

Heidi I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Marlene Congrats for finishing up the tax season :cheers: Have fun on your trip! -- You made me crave for Mexican food; but I must stay away, it is an automatic 5 extra pounds on my scale the next day.

jennykay I hope you got some rest

Cubby I hope all feel well soon. I looked at your ticker and you are doing marvelous!

Apple Blossom How much do you usually run?

Zumbachica
04-17-2014, 10:38 AM
HI ladies..another cold morning here....wind is howling ...puppy was out for a few seconds and rushed into the house...LOL....I thnk she has the right idea....

Not happy today. I am back over 150....at this point all i can say is that this is ridiculous. Last night I had company, we had salad with grilled chicken, i had half a glass of red wine, and was doing great until..dum dum dimmmmm.......i see that the salads (I ordered out) came with BREAD...BREAD!!!!! it was on like donkey kong between me and that bread....so here I am.....bloated and back to square one. I have to go teach my class but i just want to put the cover over my head and go back to sleep.

So its my turn to get the frying pan...beat me good with it. As usual i am posting here every day and accomplishing nothing...its so exhausting. Im tired.....im tired of trying.

Today is a fast day until tonight, its my sons bday and i have to get a cake....not sure what I am cooking, going to ask him what he wants..... This year my ex gets the kids for Easter and i'm so glad, because I can eat like it is just another day. I am not going anywhere or doing anything and thats just fine.

Shannonsnail
04-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Ya'll are cracking me up with these emoticons!

love2b150
04-17-2014, 11:59 AM
LOL, Thanks Cattails :)

Thanks B]Sum[/B] :), sorry about the up :hug: Good for you on the zero waste, I think Shannon did the same thing with her produce. I think that's great ;) I need to get to that point with zero waste. I want different things and but them and then I don't prepare it :(. I've got to do better. LOL I did give into the carbs for 5 days (and even had a stomach ache and the poops because of them) did that stop me nope, smh. I'm hoping today will be the day to go cold turkey, :crossed:

Zumba I had to scrap the ice off the window this morning. I thought you have got to be kidding me. I am ready for the 70's to return now :) Sorry for your up also :hug:

Shannon they are cute aren't they and just what I need :D

Weight stayed the same today. 164.0 I am going to have a low carb, low calorie, no junk food day.

FatAbbi
04-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Increased exercise a week ago by a lot for me. Bumped stairmachine up 15 minutes to 45, and added 3 days a week high intensity cardio (crossfit-ish).

This morning weight was up 1.5 lbs, but body fat went from 32% to 30%.

I should be happy, but I am mad about the 1.5lbs UP....

I HATE THIS BLEEPING JOURNEY TODAY!!!

Zumbachica
04-17-2014, 03:51 PM
I hear you FATABBI....sometimes you do all the right things and the scale is still not your friend....but body percentage went down and thats a big deal!!!

Shannonsnail
04-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Hang in there Abbi! I hear ya though. I'm actually not starting exercising again til I get further along in my weight loss. Exercise makes me hungry and I'm just not ready to deal with increased appetite til I lose a little more and feel more solid with my new way of eating. My daughter finishes preschool at end of May so I think that is when I will start going back to the gym.

Sum38
04-17-2014, 07:58 PM
I am pooped... I was a maniac what came to my exercises today; 208 minutes total. I am going to sleep like a baby tonight.

Eating is going OP too. Had bfast and a huge salad for lunch and some yogurt for a snack. Not having dinner, just sipping some hibiscus tea.

If that scale does not move tomorrow, I am going to kick it :D

As I was walking to the pool in my bathing suit, I looked myself from a mirror and my belly looked flatter. Don't get me wrong, it still has WAYS to go, but it was not as pudgy as it was a few weeks ago.

love2b150
04-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Huh Abbi, I dislike this weight loss thing most days :D

Sum you workout-aholic ... I laughed when I read you were gonna kick the scale tomorrow :) oh and great on you for the swim suit. I so want to buy a swim suit ((and wear it)) :)

FatAbbi
04-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Maddening.

Cattails
04-18-2014, 05:29 AM
It probably would be a good thing for most of us to toss the scale away! Not that I'd ever do that - I weigh in every morning without fail! :p But before I step on the scale, I remind myself that fluctuations occur and I will not freak out, no matter what the number. That said, Abbi, I know it's frustrating and alarming to see the number go up at all - but the body fat percentage is a WAY better indicator of how you're doing, and you are doing great!

Does everybody keep a measurement record and/or graph? I have for the past 2 years; initially I recorded once a week, now I do it once a month for an overall view of what's going on. Just curious if everyone does, as daily measures are so hard to go by.

Sum, way to go!! Sounds like you had a terrific day. :)

Zumba, I'm sorry - my arm is worn out from using the frying pan on Rennie. Can I give you a :hug: instead? I wish I could give you more - how about "take one day at a time, or one hour, or even one moment, and just take care of yourself, treat yourself the way you'd treat somebody you love - and then keep on doing that, every day."

:wave: to everybody else - TGIF again!

Oh, and this was a notable day for me: 10 whole months since I reached my 3FCs goal! I can't wait for it to start clicking away years...

Sum38
04-18-2014, 07:41 AM
I did not need to kick my scale, instead I kissed it!! OMG what a whoosh I had... I was 142 pounds yesterday morning and this morning I woke up to 137.2. My new low!!!! :woohoo:

Now, I can not workout everyday the way I worked out yesterday, but I am a firm believer that working out does aide the weight loss. I sweated all my bloat out.

Plan for today is to continue eating two meals; bfast and lunch and two snacks. Around 1100-1200 calories. I will walk the pup this morning and do an aerobics class tonight...a light exercise day :lol: I will also clean my house which will burn some calories :)

Giddily I skip away to do my morning tasks; TaTa for now!

Sum38
04-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Cat I keep a spreadsheet of my daily weigh-ins. I started on March 28, 2013. I have only skipped maybe 10 weigh-ins. I also keep spreadsheet of my measurements, but I only update those every 6 weeks or so. I should start measuring every two weeks, but I always forget. -- I should take my measurements tomorrow...since I am at new low :D

love2b150
04-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Abbi :hug:

Cattails :congrat: on 10 months :high:. I think I have only taken my measurements three times. I don't think I measure in the correct place/way.

Sum I corrected my previous post to you. It makes sense now, LOL. :) :congrat: on your new low, way to go :high: And I too am a firm believer that working out does aide in our weight loss. If I could hit that treadmill at least 6 days a week I'd be in the 150's for sure.

I got 1.4lbs of water weight off. I'm back down to 162.6 and smiling. I'm gonna attempt another day like yesterday, low cal/carbs and see if I can get the back down to my low of 161.2 :crossed:

Sum38
04-18-2014, 03:15 PM
So today I have lost 35 pounds all together from my highest weight. :)

Shannonsnail
04-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Cat I keep a spreadsheet of my daily weigh-ins. I started on March 28, 2013. I have only skipped maybe 10 weigh-ins. I also keep spreadsheet of my measurements, but I only update those every 6 weeks or so. I should start measuring every two weeks, but I always forget. -- I should take my measurements tomorrow...since I am at new low :D

I stopped weighing for a looonnngg time but now that I am trying again I weigh daily (or almost daily) and write it down in a notebook. I am measuring about once a month too.

FatAbbi
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Daily is making me mental. I may ban scales for a month. Who am I kidding.... I will be on it tomorrow morning.

love2b150
04-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Sum that's great :)

Shannon and Abbi I think I'm addicted to my scale ;) ... I've actually gotten better because I use to weigh multiple times in a day. :) crazy huh!

I was doing really well today and then my son made biscuits. I was only gonna eat the top off one biscuit (which I did cut the thin layer off) because I like the hard tops. Then my other son dropped the top to his biscuit in a pot of baked beans and he doesn't eat beans so I ate it. No I didn't have to eat it but too late I did so now I have to add that to my calorie/carb count :(

Shannonsnail
04-18-2014, 11:37 PM
So today I have lost 35 pounds all together from my highest weight. :)

Congratulations!! I can't wait to join you!

Shannonsnail
04-18-2014, 11:38 PM
It probably would be a good thing for most of us to toss the scale away! Not that I'd ever do that - I weigh in every morning without fail! :p But before I step on the scale, I remind myself that fluctuations occur and I will not freak out, no matter what the number. That said, Abbi, I know it's frustrating and alarming to see the number go up at all - but the body fat percentage is a WAY better indicator of how you're doing, and you are doing great!

Does everybody keep a measurement record and/or graph? I have for the past 2 years; initially I recorded once a week, now I do it once a month for an overall view of what's going on. Just curious if everyone does, as daily measures are so hard to go by.

Sum, way to go!! Sounds like you had a terrific day. :)

Zumba, I'm sorry - my arm is worn out from using the frying pan on Rennie. Can I give you a :hug: instead? I wish I could give you more - how about "take one day at a time, or one hour, or even one moment, and just take care of yourself, treat yourself the way you'd treat somebody you love - and then keep on doing that, every day."

:wave: to everybody else - TGIF again!

Oh, and this was a notable day for me: 10 whole months since I reached my 3FCs goal! I can't wait for it to start clicking away years...

Congratulations on your maintenance!!

Shannonsnail
04-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Sum that's great :)

Shannon and Abbi I think I'm addicted to my scale ;) ... I've actually gotten better because I use to weigh multiple times in a day. :) crazy huh!

I was doing really well today and then my son made biscuits. I was only gonna eat the top off one biscuit (which I did cut the thin layer off) because I like the hard tops. Then my other son dropped the top to his biscuit in a pot of baked beans and he doesn't eat beans so I ate it. No I didn't have to eat it but too late I did so now I have to add that to my calorie/carb count :(

It just amuses me greatly that I can go a couple of years without weighing on any regular basis whatsoever and could care less but now I am excited to get on it!

Shannonsnail
04-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Sorry for the multiple posts I am just too tired to figure out how to combine them all tonight. I agreed to watch my neighbor's daughter today and it was just a long tiring day. I think my almost 4 yr old may be officially safe in her role as only child. The preschool bickering and not sharing today wore me out. Then afterwards I had to cook dinner, mow the yard and get my daughter to bed. As usual, I should have just said "forget everything, I'm going to bed" but instead I came downstairs to clean the kitchen and ended up deciding to try my hand at another batch of wheat free, sugar free cookies. So, it's almost 11 and I am falling asleep on the iPad while waiting for them to cool so I can put them away for next week.

The scale is still ticking downward but Easter dinner and candy etc are upon us so I'm not holding my breath, lol!

Sum38
04-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Morning :sunny:

Another gorgeous day forming up. Looking forward to my pup walk.

Scale kind of stuck, went up by 0.6 pounds, but overall that whoosh did stick. I had a carby and salty day; I had jambalaya and ended up feasting on it more than I intended to. That explains the up on my scale. Otherwise I had a pretty good day.

I am debating if I should have another crazy exercise day... a friend at MFP called me officially MAD after the last one :lol3: She has known me for years and knows that I can get a tab bit obsessive. :D

Yesterday;
B- 3 hardboiled eggs, orange
L - Jambalaya, tomato&cuke salad
D - None
S - Apple w/pb, Greek yogurt

Exercise
4.2 mile pup walk 72 min (DH had a sore knee, so we went slow)
Step aerobics 60 min

Weight 137.8
Up 0.6 lbs

love2b150
04-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Shannon, when I stop weighing I stop weighing also ... I don't even think about it. :) but once I get back on the wagon it's on :D I use to do child care. I love the mine thing and the everybody wanting to sit with me during circle time just reminds me of being with mine when they were little :). It does get easier. I'm sure it was fun :) How did the cookies turn out? Boy do I wish we were closer. I'd be your sampling buddy :)

Sum, I love your happy post :) Obsessive (determination) is great. It brings results which you are getting. Keep up the great work :)

Today was the day for the 5K walk in memory of a student (scholar). I haven't walked a trail in forever. Oh my goodness, the hills tore my thighs up, smh. My son kept saying let's sprint. I'm thinking do you want me to have a heart attack? He's telling me breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth. I'm thinking shut up, lol. But he does lift and condition and train for football, he's also 16. My thighs were killing me by the time I got out of the shower so I took some ibuprofen. OK I'm finished. Today's gonna be a good day :)

Shannonsnail
04-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Here is a picture Rennie. We should plan for you to come visit one Saturday. I love to bake and my husband doesn't appreciate my wheat and sugar free goodies so much, lol!

Zumbachica
04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Hello all....today was a gorgeous spring day and me and the puppy spent a lot of time in the yard...I raked leaves and will consider that my exercise for the day....havent done that in years since my ex and I had a gardener....forgot what hard work it was..but it felt good to do it....

I stuck to my BFC today....i have to admit I'm very hungry right now, but i'm not going to ruin my day's efforts

Tomorrow i'm spending easter alone...jsut as well..no temptations...going to try and follow BFC fast track day two :)

Cattails
04-20-2014, 04:59 AM
Rennie, as long as you always measure in the same spots, it doesn't really matter where you're measuring. :) Funny about the lure of biscuit tops!

Sum, I love your enthusiasm! You're definitely feeling well again. Thirty-five pounds is AWESOME. :yay:

Zumba, glad you had a lovely day outside - nothing like fresh air and sunshine to brighten you. Yardwork totally counts as exercise!

Shannon, aren't kids wonderful? No, I mean really - I adore kids, especially the little ones. Can't wait until my boys provide me with grandkids to play with! (Oh please, please let me babysit!)

Happy Easter to all!! :bunny2: :egg: :bunny2:

Sum38
04-20-2014, 08:41 AM
I am geeked out. New low; 136.2 :dance: Really motivates me to stay OP.

Today I'll have a gentle exercise day after my beastly day yesterday. The gym is closed so I will only walk my pup.

Yesterday
B - 3 hard boiled eggs, orange
L - Black bean burrito with veggies and cheese, dab of sour cream and salsa
D - None
S - Tuna, apple w/peanut butter, Greek yougurt

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk 72 min
4.7 mile treadmill walk 60 min
Weights 45 min
Swim 45 min

Weight
Down 1.6 lbs

Sum38
04-20-2014, 02:36 PM
:bunny2: :easter2: :bunny2: :bunny2: :easter2: :bunny2:

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!

:bunny2: :easter2: :bunny2: :bunny2: :easter2: :bunny2:

Zumbachica
04-20-2014, 07:53 PM
HAPPY EASTER !!! :)

Spent the whole day alone, just me and the pup. Its kind of getting old at this point...I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already ;) I raked more leaves today.....there's more yard to go and the flower beds but I have to say I am proud of myself.....Looks so much better. Puppy had a grand time running around outdoors while I raked......

Day Two of Belly Fat Cure Fast Track. I'm done for the day. My incentive is a party that I'm going to at the end of the month and I know it isn't alot of time but I'ld like to slim down some..so its on like donkey kong. ;)

Zumbachica
04-20-2014, 07:56 PM
B: bacon, eggs, avocado
L: hamburger patty wrapped in lettuce, ketchup and cheese. Tablespoon of almond butter with whipped cream
D: pork chop
S: piece of dark chocolate

Today's weigh in was 150.4 , Would like to be 145 by this time next week.

Sum38
04-21-2014, 07:59 AM
I hope everyone had a nice Easter.

I overate all day long and I feel the bloat today. It is ovulation time and I can not keep my cakehole shut. Well today is my fast day. I won't have any food available to me all day long. :)

Scale jumped to 137.8 :cry: Luckily today is not an official weigh-in date; I still have enough time to work off this bloat by Friday.

Today is my volunteer day at the FCA; scale already jumped some, it will be interesting to see if I will retain even more water for tomorrow's weigh in. Ovulation, FCA sitting and already existing bloat... interesting mix. I just hope I won't get above 140 :crossed:

I will walk tonight after the FCA, and I think I will do my weight lifting as well.

My arms are starting to look better. My girlfriend pointed that out. I guess with the weight coming off so nicely and all that lifting I have done, is starting to show. I don't built muscle easy on my upper half, but they are starting to look kinda sculpted. That is my happy news for the day :)

Shannonsnail
04-21-2014, 09:46 AM
You're doing great Sum!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

I weighed in today at 196.2 so still in Onederland, yay! I was actually hoping to see 196 but you see how my weight/scale likes to tease with me, lol! I have lost 14.6 lbs total so far. That's alot for me but man, I have so much more to lose. I feel happy and anxious at the same time. This week marks a month since I got serious about changing my eating.

love2b150
04-21-2014, 06:40 PM
I sure thought I posted here last night, maybe I'm losing it :dizzy: Great post from you all glad to hear things are moving along for everyone and if not we have a plan.

Shannon, we have to set a date after I get out of this decade, no distractions LOL :) the cookies look really good :drool: Shannon happy and anxious is me when I see good numbers, enjoy my friend :)

Sum :congrat: on the new low ... the up is just water with all that you do it can't linger long :)

Zumba, sounds like you and the pup are getting along better, that's a good thing :)I have an end of the month goal also, let's do this :)

I am done with my birthday eating and the scale is up to 163.8. I want the 3.8 gone by 4/30/14 ... I think it's all water weight so if I can stay consistent and eat OP for the next 9 days, I believe it is doable.

Sum38
04-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Shannonsnail Congrats on being OP for a month! Did something click a month ago? -- I had my click on March 28th,2013. That was the day I said, I want to get skinny again. -- I have slipped and fallen a few times but always got back on that horse. So I have lost nearly 30 pounds since.

Rennie Your goal is totally doable. You prolly have a few pounds of just plain water weight on you that should come off quick with clean eating.

Zumba I hope you had another OP day!

Sum38
04-21-2014, 07:02 PM
You know, I fit into 6's now! Some of them are still a bit tight but others fit nicely. I wore a size 6 skirt today; it made me really happy!!

Zumbachica
04-21-2014, 10:02 PM
I think i put in an OP day today....yesterday was OP but I lost it by the end of the night and binged on Lucky Charms.....spending easter alone was alot harder than i thought it was going to be...i became very melancholy by the end of the day....

Today was a pretty OP day although it definitely wasn't BFC that I followed, but I didn't have alot of calories....

Three Zumba classes today...toning, circuit and regular Zumba...I'm wiped....and wondering if it really even makes a difference.

Shannonsnail
04-21-2014, 10:13 PM
You know, I fit into 6's now! Some of them are still a bit tight but others fit nicely. I wore a size 6 skirt today; it made me really happy!!

That's awesome! I remember size 6.....it was in 1999, lol!

Shannonsnail
04-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Shannonsnail Congrats on being OP for a month! Did something click a month ago? -- I had my click on March 28th,2013. That was the day I said, I want to get skinny again. -- I have slipped and fallen a few times but always got back on that horse. So I have lost nearly 30 pounds since.

Thank you! Yes, it did. After 14 years of being diagnosed with binge eating disorder and completely unable to control my intake of empty refined carbs in conjuntion with my emotions and despite being diagnosed as prediabetic for 7 years but not really doing anything about it, I quit most breads, pastas, rice, potatoes and sugar sweetened drinks/treats cold turkey after reading a comment from someone here on 3FC. This person was asked how she did the same (quit those foods) and she said she had finally internalized what they were doing to her. I thought alot about that and how I have been in denial about what my eating choices were doing to me. I thought about how folks with allergies might like a certain taste in a food but because they are allergic and it causes them harm, they choose to not have it, they "cannot" have it. I started treating the foods that have been harming me the same way.

Cattails
04-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Some great NSVs here - good job Zumba staying OP; Sum, nice that those 6's are sliding on now and whoop for toned arms! Terrific on the 14+ lbs. Shannon, that is really exciting! I think the anxiety is pretty normal; things are changing and change is always a little scary, isn't it? Rennie, I'm sure you'll have that water weight/birthday weight off in no time flat - you've got this!

I've been holding my own here, despite over a week of no exercise due to stupid arthritis flareup - it's reassuring that I can maintain for at least a little while without workouts, and also a victory that I didn't let my feeling sorry for myself ruin my WOE, something that contributed to my excess weight before. Plus having Easter dinner, and robin eggs lurking about - I will persevere! :D I think my bod is settling down, will try to start up daily walks and yoga and strength again before my muscles dissolve into mush.

:wave: to all and wishing everyone a good week. :)

Magicsusan
04-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Hello, everyone!

Sounds from your posts that spring is helping everyone stay on track, mostly (I think some birthday/holiday treats are okay- moderation is the thing, right?)

Sooooo....

Been in the states nearly three weeks. I never met anyone who didn't have at least *some* family issues, and all my old face-feeding buttons get pushed when I wind up in my old stomping grounds. I won't tell you everything I ate, it's joyous and depressing at the same time. I will tell you that I made decisions to:

1)eat whatever I wanted
2)keep up my water intake
3)keep up with my c25k
4)not beat myself up
5)try to make healthy selections (taco salad instead of nachos, for example) as long as it still got me what I wanted- mexican food!

So, what I have to report is that although I ate a lot (I must have consumed 2 dozen donuts in the three weeks. I'm not kidding here. Not to mention all the other stuff) I only gained 100g, not enough to round up into the next pound so my weight is the same. I think this must be due to the running. Seriously. Three days a week running was enough to offset all that junk!

I'm very pleased.

Now I have to go do 10 loads of laundry, :lol:

Missed you guys, Hello Shannonsnail, I don't remember you. Did you have a birthday?

Sum38
04-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Welcome back Susan! Congrats on your weight!!

Cattails I am sorry about your chronic pain! That is awful. I hope you can get back to your exercising soon. Nice that you are able to maintain with diet only!!!

Shannon A nice wake up call! I am glad you are putting your health first (now). Better later than never.

Zumba Step away from the Lucky Charms! :frypan:

Sum38
04-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Ovulation is over and I whooshed back down. Saw a new low (by 0.2 lbs...lol, but a new low regardless). :yay:

I fasted till dinner and I did a relatively heavy exercise day.

On a sad note, I think my phone broke. It is only a year old phone too, DH won't be happy. I hope he can fix it.... He is pretty awesome what comes to fixing things. -- Lately he has taken my car apart like legos :lol: He has done a massive amount of maint. on it. I love it. I appreciate all he does!

Today is my heavy exercise day...funny thing happened. Over at MFP one can have friends, it is like a FB for fitness; one lady de-friended me because she did not believe that I actually did all this exercise. I got a good giggle out of it :) People.... :D

Anycase I will be spending 3 1/2 hours exercising. I know that I am crazy, but I am in a hurry to get these pounds off and exercise seems to be working. I have lost 8 pounds this month; do I dare to dream a 10 pound loss?? :crossed:

Those 6's fitting me was a huge boost. I look at myself and still feel "fat" (naked). I keep thinking I am 35 pounds heavier than I actually am. So those 6's fitting was amazing. I must admit. Yesterday for the first time in a long time, I felt "pretty". I dressed up for the FCA and my size 6 outfit was hugging my curves the right way. I ran into a girl friend of mine later on and she gushed how awesome I looked. It really gave me a confidence boost.

So I feel happy :) -- Over all I have felt really happy lately, as well. It must me the exercise and all those good vibes that it brings.

Yesterday;

B - Fast
L - Fast
D - Tuna, quinoa, veggies, salad
S - Fruit smoothie w/protein, string cheese and Greek yougurt
Cals 1150

Exercise

4.7 mile pup walk 72 min
4.7 mile treadmill walk 60 min
Swim 45 min

Weight 136
Down 1.8 lbs

love2b150
04-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Zumba Lucky Charms :) ... my cereal weakness is dry Frosted Flakes :drool:

LOL Shannon, I don't remember a size 6 :) That is why I love 3FC and I always come back. You can know something in the back of your mind and someone on 3FC will say it and it will smack you in the face like WOW ... I know/knew that but it now makes sense because it has been put in black and white by a person not a story in a book.

Thanks Cattails :) sorry about the flare up, hope you get back to the full you soon :hug:

Welcome Back Susan! moderation huh ... I don't think I knew the meaning of that word for a week ;) doughnuts Krispy Kreme yumm :drool: I have to stay away from those. When the kids want them I buy the store brand instead because I won't eat them. KK I can eat a box ;)

Sum, first :congrat: on the new low, YAY YOU :high: I loss 10.2lbs in January and you are so close you WILL DO IT :carrot: I love your HAPPY :)

... now on MFP, that is exactly why I don't post my food log. I had a lady go off on me and make all of these snotty remarks for days because my calories were too low and I was hurting myself and the scale was dropping because I wasn't eating enough and you're only gonna gain all of the weight back, it's just ridiculous (her words). I was thinking you've got to be kidding me. :?: To get that upset with someone that you don't know is crazy because she wasn't my friend she was a friend to someone that I was friends with. Crazy People! Now if it was someone that I've talked to for years I'd take it to heart (this was in 2011) because I would know they're sincere but someone that is just trying to belittle me that doesn't know me or anything about me is just crazy ... ok I'm done.

Keep up the great work everyone I love the joy and happiness I'm hearing here :)

Zumbachica
04-22-2014, 08:05 PM
LOVE2B... I know all about people and their "opinions"...people act like they are the authority on weight loss and they become so righteous....I had a woman tell me that my body was going to go into starvation mode. Now I had done research on the subject and told her there is no real study or scientific research to support that theory and she went nuts. I said if there were such a thing then people in prisoner of war camps or countries with famine would not starve to death. The metabolism may slow down a tiny bit, but you don't eat you're going to lose weight..the end. she went NUTS and tried to have the moderator throw me off the forum. the sad part was she was a big girl and was losing her weight taking phentermine, and this is who was lecturing others. You just have to pray for someone like that, they obviously have a problem with themselves and need to take it out on others. SUM does fast days and she is a perfect example of someone losing weight by not eating.....she is healthy. It works for her...

SUM I am happy for you but also green with envy.:p Keep up the good work.

MAGICSUSAN..it was smart that you gave yourself permission to eat and not put too much pressure on yourself...and look...you really didnt have a major gain...just goes to show that you can eat a bunch of donuts and it not be the endo f the word...its all about your attitude.

CATTAILS so sorry about your arthritis. I hope it is better soon.......

SHANNONSNAIL I have been in therapy for my eating issues ..I don't say or type that out loud very often. Binge eating is a real disorder, my mother had it and I inherited it as the years went on and my life became stressful. Thank goodness I don't binge every day anymore, but when i do it is the worse feeling in the world and sets me back mentally for days. so let me just send you a hug and tell you that i understand. People think because i'm not a plus size that there is nothing for me to worry about.....I remind them that OA has its share of "thin" or "slender" women that are fighting eating disorders.....it truly is complex....not easy to understand.

Zumbachica
04-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Not making any major changes...same ole' same ole. I think this is going to be my last challenge for a while if I don'[t make any progress. Its just added pressure on myself, which is making me loathe myself and eat more.

love2b150
04-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Zumba I have left a few threads because of people like that. There are people on 3FC that are so opinionated/self made experts and just because something worked for them they can tell everyone else what to do. Nope doesn't work for me. I am one that comments on everything as we know ;) but I am in no way an expert on any part of weight loss (I can only say what worked for me) and that doesn't work all the time. IMO if I knew it all or was the expert I wouldn't be here. I'd be some where making some money on how to get where I am. ;) I get a kick out of the people that comment on 3FC and MFP. I read their post and keep on going. They ruin it for the newbies if you ask me with their harsh comments. Reading your comment to Shannon ... if people would stop trying to clump us all in one category life would be a lot better. I don't know what type of disorder I have with food but there obviously is one. It's when I read post like yours that I don't feel so bad about what I do and have done. Not that it's good but I know I'm not alone. I was reading a thread on MFP awhile ago and people were talking about the worse things that have been said to them about their weight be it thick or thin. I am convinced that some people just don't know what to say. I know that's off topic but what is wrong with people. ok I'm done. Just know that I am glad to have each one of you in my online life ... you pick me up when I fall and I thank you :grouphug:

Zumba I don't think of them as a challenges. I look at it as a place for us to express our daily going on's and hang out with you all :hug: I know there's a chat thread but I use this one for that :) so don't stop posting here (or the next thread called challenge) because it's called some kind of challenge just keep your head up and do what you can. Don't think about it. I don't ... if I make it ok, if not hopefully I lost something which is better than nothing :) Stick around my friend :hug:

Cattails
04-23-2014, 04:58 AM
Rennie, you bring up a good point: this is a great chat thread and probably should include the words "daily accountability" in it - my bad. Maybe the next person to start one would put that in, or just start an accountability check-in thread? (I'm looking at you, Rennie - it's your turn! :D) I second Rennie's wish for you to hang with us, Zumba; no need to set a weight loss goal, especially if that's causing you stress. :hug:

That's funny about the people getting so fussed about Sum's exercise, Zumba's 'starving,' and Rennie's diet. I thought these forums were supposed to be about support! Oh well, there are always going to be some like that anywhere you go...

Welcome back and good job maintaining, Susan! Your decisions definitely worked well for you. :)

:cheer: on the new low and rockin' the 6s, Sum!

Cattails
04-23-2014, 05:08 AM
I got out for a walk today - feeling pretty all right now. Then spent some time doing yoga moves and a bit of pilates. Exercise is good. It helps deal with the arthritis; I only mentioned the flareup/no workouts as encouragement to others that doing whatever you can whenever you can is enough - consistency is great, but isn't always possible, you know? Anyway, we all have something to bear so I'll not cry over mine. ;)

B: plain yogurt and half a banana
L: mongolian beef over rice
D: tiny green salad, cup of bean salad, and green beans almondine
S: 1/2 cup of gelato, coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

Zumbachica
04-23-2014, 08:45 AM
I went to go on my walk last night, was looking forward to it all day and it started to rain, so I did a yoga DVD instead,,,didn't get through the whole thing because my back was hurting and to be honest with you I found it to be boring.....but I'm proud of myself for doing "something".....Yoga seems to be such a big deal with people and i'm trying to get into it and see what it is all about, so my bucket list for the summer is to sign up for some real classes at a yoga studio.....

Today I have to drive into the city to visit my mother. I do not have a good relationship with her and I wonder if that was the core to all my emotional problems...including my problem with food. My mother came from a country that didn't have alot of food so it was a big deal to have it. Growing up all she did was work and cook huge meals. She allowed us to have all the twinkles and junk food we wanted, which wasn't a problem since we were such skinny kids. I know she loathed herself because of her weight problem but that didn't stop her from eating, and she had such ridiculous old fashioned rules...like eating bread with every meal otherwise you get stomach problems. You have to put salt on eggs....I forget the other ones but i'm sure they are all ridiculous and added to her weight problems. She will be the first person to tell me that i look horrible, and that i am getting fat, but then she will stick food under my nose and tell me that I have to eat it. But honestly to sum it up she wasn't a loving and supportive mother, all she did was feed me and maybe that was her way of showing love, who knows. I have to brace myself every time I go to see her because it gives me anxiety. That is the last thing I need right now.

Over 152 this morning so obviously my efforts are all in vain. Not sure what to do at this point. Tempted to go on phentermine but I know that isn't the answer either. Im usually a very positive person...but this whole weight thing is kicking my butt.

Zumbachica
04-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Love2b: thanks for your kind words . If you heard the crazy stuff that I have done to lost weight you would think that i lost my mind......we are all in this together, whether its 10 lbs or 100.....

Sum38
04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
DH brought up an interesting point last night; he thinks my metabolism is down to zero. -- So many people say that they can lose weight by eating less; I can't. Or I have to go on a 800 calorie diet, and even then my weightloss would be at snail's pace. If I were to eat 1200 calories and not exercise; I would maintain, not lose. -- So now I am burning 1200-1400 calories per day from exercise and losing weight. Let's do a little math... I have eaten 1000-1200 calories per day. I have averaged 1300 calories per day from exercise; 1300x7=9100... I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks...so 9100x3=27300 cals burned....27300/3500 (pound burned/lost)=7.8...SO IT IS ALL EXERCISE!!! My 1000-1200 calorie diet did contribute 0.2 pounds to the weight loss. MADDENING! I simply can not eat if I want to lose weight :cry: I have to keep up my insane exercise regime.

I feel tired today. I have exercised so much. Luckily it is my lighter day; I will walk 4.7 miles with my puppy and then do step aerobics tonight.

I am looking forward to the day when I hit 122 pounds and I can drop my 2nd powerwalk on treadmill. I hate every minute of it, especially now that my phone is broken and have no music to listen to. Walking at 4.7 mph speed for 60 minutes is a drag. You should see how sweaty I am at the end :lol3:

Ideally I would love to walk my pup daily, I love those walks. Lift 3 x week and do 2-3 aerobic classes and an occasional swim. These 228 minute exercise days are draining me.

Another alternative is, exercise less and lose weight at slower pace, but I am impatient. I want to be at goal, NOW. I am really close... 14 more pounds.

I know the last 14 will be hard.

Okay whine over!! :lol:

I gave into late night eating last night. I had the most grueling gym night and I was starving when I got home. I did make good choices though. I had some left over protein shake and 2 hard boiled eggs. I could have done worse...picked up some Chinese for the kids and avoided the temptation to have shrimp with lobster sauce...

Friday will be my splurge day. I am meeting a GF for dinner and I will have shrimp scampi. :drool: I need so junk food. I have been dreaming of sushi, Thai food etc :lol: I need that splurge day :) I keep think of all these food I want and keep telling myself to wait for Friday!!!

Shannonsnail
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Sum have you had your thyroid checked lately? Just wondering. That can sometimes stump weightloss efforts.

Zumba my mom was definitely the start to my issues with food but I also had a romantic relationship in my mid 20s with a control freak that did the most damage. Why do we let others affect our self image/food choices? No clue but it definitely happens. Oh, and please don't leave!

Sum38
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Shannon, yes, I am on thyroid meds and get it checked every 3 months. I am perfectly medicated right now.

Shannonsnail
04-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Shannon, yes, I am on thyroid meds and get it checked every 3 months. I am perfectly medicated right now.

Well darn, I thought I might have a magic answer!

love2b150
04-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Cattails, I love this thread and the people here you all are great (I think I've said that before but since it's true I have to say it again :grouphug:) I will surely start the new thread. No problem just let me know what you all would like the title to be :) LOL I thought these threads were supposed to be for support also but like you said you are gonna find indifference where ever you go ;) thanks ---> doing whatever you can whenever you can is enough - consistency is great, but isn't always possible, you know? good to hear :) Glad you're feeling better :hug:

Zumba, :hug: I hear you on Mother/Daughter relationships ... my Mom and I are getting better and that's because I no longer allow her to get in my head. She use to constantly hurt my feelings and because I'm an only child and I thought I should be treated like a star but nothing I did has ever been good enough. ANYWHO, I listen and smile if we are face to face and if we are on the phone I tell her ok gotta go, have a great day/evening, I love you and I am done. I refuse to allow her to stress me out or feel bad. Thank goodness I have positive people around me that tell me when I done well knowing I'm doing the best I can. .... ok really done now :D ... I have done a few crazy things to lose weight also so trust me you are not alone ;) ... phentermine will the docs prescribe that to you at your weight? I personally think your size is great. I'm not as tall as you but I would love to be 152. I know it's all in what we see and how we feel so do what you need to do :hug: If I had the money I'd probably be on phentermine again also though the last time it didn't work after two weeks of taking it :shrug:

Sum all I can say is WOW! I don't walk at the pace that you do consistently, I do 3.7-4.5 most of the time on inclines that the treadmill changes to and I am a sweaty mess when I'm done also. I now wear black sweats because otherwise it looks like I have used the bathroom on myself, lol. Not a whine at all, I wish I could do half of what you do, YOU GO GIRL :high: and so focused and goal oriented :high:

Shannon :wave:

I am now trying to do and up down day calorie wise. I am never consistent so I don't know if it is working or not. Today I am fasting, hopefully I can stick with it until dinner before church. I am almost down to where I was before my birthday. Today I weighed in at 162.0 a pound down from yesterday which was a higher calorie day and I caved into pretzel sticks ... which are calling my name now but I am not going to get them :D

Zumbachica
04-23-2014, 04:30 PM
SUM Im not buying what you're selling lady!!! Sorry...but not only have you exercised like crazy you have also not been eating too many calories, I think your success is the combination. Diet is 80 percent of weight loss....just exercising when and if you are consuming too much is not going to do DIDDLY. I k now plenty of group fitness instructors that teach tons of hard core classes a week and still have weight issues...becaues they aren't eating well...the end.

Sum38
04-23-2014, 05:02 PM
LOL Zumba!! But if I stop exercising, my weight loss would stall even at 1200 calories. -- I know what you mean about the chunkier instructors. We have a lady who gives a HARD class at the gym each time she teaches and she teaches I think 14 classes per week and has quite bit of padding on her. She must eat a ton though. She must get super hungry after teaching 3-4 classes per day. -- So calorie restriction and exercise combo what seems to work the best for me.

I took a delightful nap! I just felt so drained. I skipped my walk and napped instead. I love being able to do that! I am very lucky to be a stay at home mom (with older kids)!!

I was talking to my DH how I am approaching this weight loss journey as my "job" right now. I feel that have have zero excuse for being fat, considering how much free time I have at my hands. So I volunteer, do the mommy duty and lose weight; those are my jobs.

Since I am only 14 pounds away from goal (I lowered my goal from 125 to 122), I need to start thinking about maintenance. It really scares me, terrifies me! Will I succeed...will I give into "just this once" attitude and gain it all back? Will I eat enough calories in fear of gaining.... The biggest question is, will I ever be happy with my body? What if I get down to 122 and still feel miserable about myself?

I think I will go through a tummy tuck. DH is on board as well. My tummy got so stretched out when I was pregnant with my babies, esp. with my son who was 10 pounds at birth. Even at my lowest weight, at 108 pounds, after the birth of my son (yeah this is no baby fat that I am carrying around :lol:), I had loose skin and my belly hung, plus I got so many stretchmarks... it would be nice to get rid of those and put the bellybutton where it belongs. Plus the muscle split and that needs to be addressed too. The surgery scares me, though. A GF just had it done and she was in so much pain afterwards for 6 weeks. I guess beauty does not come without pain; no pain, no gain :) BUT, how nice would it be to be able rock a bikini at the age of 47!!!

As I am shrinking, it appears that I won't have loose skin left (but my tummy). Arms, thighs and butt, the skin seem to be shrinking nicely along with the weight loss.

Sorry I am rambling... :dizzy: Just so many thoughts and fears are running through my head.

Zumbachica
04-23-2014, 07:23 PM
SUM you hit the nail on the head. Teaching alot of group fitness classes makes you ravenous...it is the body's way of making up for lost calories.....i'm surprised the same thing hasn't happened to you with all the exercise that you are doing.

Zumbachica
04-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Oh and a TT is very invasive, I have two friends that haven't had good experiences...and remember, there is going to be a time frame that you can't work out, so you may have to quit your "full time job"

Cattails
04-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Sum, you are wise to start thinking about maintenance now, being so close to it! I totally understand the anxiety and terror it brings, I was there too. What I did was gradually transitioned to a few more calories/carbs around 120 lbs. - this last 5 pounds has worked off over the past 5 months, without a particular effort to lose more weight, only get my body in a stronger, healthier state. I monitor my calories to keep them within a range of 1500-1900 per day, I try to briskly walk at least a mile 5 days or more a week, and aim to strength train at least 2 times a week. I do yoga routines as often as I want to and can, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. Basically I do the same thing as I did while losing, with just a few more calories here and there and somewhat less intense exercise than before. It's all about finding a balance you can live with that works for you, IMO.

Question for you, Sum: are you miserable right now? You have made such great progress in this effort and have been sounding so happy and proud, and you should! I'd suggest not placing so much stock in one particular number, but see where your body settles happily - maybe that's at 125, maybe at 110, who knows? Anyway, feel free to work through this here with us! :) It's quite the process, isn't it?

newleaf123
04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Hi, friends. Sorry I just have been so bad at keeping up. I'm feeling motivated though and still hanging in. Today makes 100 days with no candy... Looks like a lot has been going on. Will have to read back to catch up.

love2b150
04-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Heidi :congrat: on 100 days of no candy :high: good to see you :)

newleaf123
04-23-2014, 11:11 PM
:hug: and high fives to those who need them. I did go back and read...

Last night I was talking on the phone and my computer switched into screensaver mode, cycling through all the photos on my PC. I saw candid photos of me at all different weights, and I saw a photo of me at my highest weight. I don't want to go back to that, ever. I saw a very unhappy Heidi looking back at me. I want to go back to the thin Heidi. I feel on track again.

MarleneV
04-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Hi all,

I've been away for about a week I guess. Our camping trip was ok, but since there were client issues that I had to deal with, not really the break I had hoped for, and then we ended up coming home early. That worked out ok as I was able to make the car club breakfast and then go for a drive with some of them on Sat., and the washed/waxed/detailed my car on Sun (after church) in prep for this weekend's big show. (yes, Cattails, I'll take pics).

Been eating mostly op, but up a few lbs (128.5 this am, because we had Mexican last night), so obviously not perfect. The weekend isn't going to be real great with the show either, I'll do the best that I can. I'm going to take OP snacks with me at least. I'll try to stay as much OP tomorrow and Friday, and today was good too. If I can get through the weekend and be back in my 124-126 range by the middle of next week again, I'll be happy.

FatAbbi
04-24-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm nearly 4 months gluten free...unbelievable! I bought 2 dresses today as a reward.

newleaf123
04-24-2014, 07:51 AM
Sorry the camping trip wasn't all that you hoped for marlene.

Congratulations abbi!

I weighed myself this AM. 168.2. Not happy about that, but I do believe that the rolling photos was what I needed. The one of me at my highest weight was in my exercise clothes posing for a before shot. No hiding it. I was fat. And then to see thin me and various stages of heavy me? I know what to do...

Zumbachica
04-24-2014, 08:21 AM
NEWLEAF Yes you DO know what to do.....looking at those pics was the eye opener...we all have those moments I think ;) You went 100 days with no candy, that is a BIG DEAL. :carrot: Congratulations....

Fatabbi congrats on staying gluten free!!! Rock those dresses girl!!!!:D

MARLENE waxing a car is the hardest upper body workout EVER....I can't wait to see pics.

Sum38
04-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Heidi :hug: I was missing you! Nice to have you back! Sorry about the weight gain, but the old pictures are a good reminder where you don't end up at. -- I have our family photos streaming as a screen savor as well; it brings back memories :) -- Interestingly, I have a VERY few fat pictures of me; I managed to run away from the camera successfully. And the few I have makes me shiver. I looked so gross. -- I have one that is the greatest motivator; I had just rebroken/chipped my front tooth, my hair was way too long (I don't look good with long hair; makes me look old), I was laughing and my fat face with triple chins was the center of the picture.... I looked so ugly and fat. I never want to look like that again....SHIVER! -- Anycase I am happy that you are back!! I hope your job is going well.

Marlene Sorry that you had to cut your trip short and that your trip was not quite what you had hoped for! -- I think you did fantastic on your vacation what came to your weight!

Abbi Did you go GF because you wanted to or because you had to? Do you eat the GF free "flour" products? -- I am GF because I can not stomach gluten, but I don't eat any of the GF items either. I gave up all bread and pasta. Hubby gave them up too, DD still eats the "fake" products.

Cattails Am I miserable now? Miserable is such a strong word. I guess I am not miserable but still a bit unhappy with my appearance. I know I won't get the body back I had in my 20's :) -- I just hope that I feel happy about my body and proud how far I have come. I hope that I won't stare at my imperfections too much. -- I used to hate my hips, even at 96 pounds; I fear that I will hate them at 122 pounds. I fear that I am not going to be friends with my cellulite :D And I fear that I won't embrace the 47 year old body. -- I need to remember that I have put my body through **** and back. I have not been kind to it. So it won't go back to being a perfection. I won't look like Christie Brinkley looks at the age of 60 (well I guess if I had her money I could :lol:).

Glad you had a nice birthday celebrations Rennie, but it is time to go back to work, and you have! 162 is great...you should see the 150's soon.

Zumba If I go down the TT route, I will make sure that I am under my goal weight; I don't know if I could emotionally handle gaining a whole bunch of weight while in recovery. I think I would make sure I would be between 115-120 pounds. That would give me a buffer.

Sum38
04-24-2014, 08:47 AM
I did not have the best of days; I slipped into my old habits and did a whole bunch of mindless eating. Scale jumped a bit, nothing too drastic. -- I have hovered around 137 all week; I think this week is the first week this month that won't yield a loss, maybe a small gain. Perhaps my body is regrouping and taking a break. 7-8 pounds this months has been a great accomplishment.

I have a party to go to tonight. I have not come up with a game plan yet. I think I will eat normal (minus mindless eating) and hope that I will be satisfied enough that I won't eat too much tonight. I am still alcohol free, so no calories from drinks, which is a bonus.

Finally my friends are feeling comfortable with the fact that I don't drink. A lot of our social life is surrounded by drinks. I usually order tonic water with lime; looks like that I am drinking :) It was weird at first though.

I have a really sore big toe. I lost the nail :( UGH...just for the summer. I keep losing the big toe nail all the time, I think I just keep dropping so many things on the poor thing. -- Anycase half of it was ready to come off the other half was not, and it is screaming mad. I hope I can do my exercises today...if I can put my shoe on. The darn toe was throbbing all night and kept me awake. -- I am hoping that once it heals a bit my nail girl can put a fake nail on it. I would hate to wear sandals all summer long with ugly nail-less toe.

Plan for today is to eat sensibly and do my heavy exercise day (2 walks, swim and weights).

newleaf123
04-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Sum you are doing so well; I am so happy for you!! What a great start to the year! I lost the toenail off my big toe after damaging it somehow on my Patagonia trek. It has been growing back, but twice I've had to go to the podiatrist to get it cut back because it was coming in ingrown. I think I'm going to have to deaden the portion that keeps getting ingrown; not looking forward to that. But if your toe is throbbing and you keep having problems, maybe you need to see a podiatrist? They give you shots so you don't feel a thing, and then once the numbing is gone, the pain is magically gone, too... Just a thought :hug:

Just packed my lunch for the office today. A nice garden salad with kale instead of lettuce, no dressing. And homemade hummus that I threw a couple kale leaves into, too. Yum!

Work is going fine. It's got its good and its bad, but I'm glad I decided to take the job. I'm working about 25 hours a week, some of it at home. With lighter weeks during the summer, along with 3 weeks off. I'd like to morph the job a little bit to get rid of some of the crummy stuff and take those extra hours to focus on landing grants. I've planted the seed...

Here's to a great day, everyone!

newleaf123
04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Good day today. Had an unplanned trip to the store, and walked past the huge Twizzlers display right in the doorway. That makes 101 days for me!

Chubby mum
04-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while but all is well. I'm eating too much ice cream and chocolate but overall my diet is healthy and my runs are going well. Hope everyone is good, long weekend here

Sum38
04-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Too much ice cream and chocolate at 148???

Zumbachica
04-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Today was a really BAD day for me. Major binges....

Chubby mum
04-25-2014, 02:01 AM
Sum, I'm eating them every day! Like you though exercise makes a difference for me and I've been running a lot. I'll accept that food is more import at than exercise but I've never lost weight without some form of hard exercise.

Cattails
04-25-2014, 05:30 AM
Heidi, good to see you here and so motivated too!

Have a great show, Marlene, looking forward to some pics. :)

Sum, I think you're on the right track - trying to appreciate ourselves and embrace our 'imperfections' rather than hold ourselves up to unrealistic ideals is really important. And Christie Brinkley is a goddess! LOL

Sorry to hear about your toe. Here's a thought: steel toed sandals! :D

Zumba, sorry you had a tough day. Hope tomorrow is better. :hug:

:wave: to everyone.

newleaf123
04-25-2014, 07:22 AM
chubbyMummy your weightloss is very impressive, you are doing so well! And setting such a good example for your daughters.

zumba :hug:

catTails Thanks!

Sum38
04-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Chubby mum I so jealous that you can eat those and still lose weight!! I seem to gain weight even if I smell them :D

Sum38
04-25-2014, 08:07 AM
I did not weigh in this morning! I went to a Pampered Chef party and the hostess made a full meal; it was all gluten free and really yummy. I over ate a bit. So I skipped the weigh in. I will drink loads of water to flush out those carbs.

I was utterly exhausted last night. My day was filled with exercise and errands and the party at the end of the night. I literally collapsed into bed. I think I may need to ease up on the exercise front a bit....I felt I was delusional. But I got a good night's sleep and feel renewed.

Today I will only walk the pup and do an aerobic class.

I was really happy about my size 6 jeans I was wearing last night. -- I also received so many compliments about my weight loss. People said that I was glowing :)

Sum38
04-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Zumba I am so sorry that you are so down. Sending you BIG hugs!! :hug:

newleaf123
04-25-2014, 08:31 AM
sum it sounds like a great day and a great night last night! You are rocking those size 6s!! Delusional? Not so good...but I'm glad you are listening to your body...

166.6 this AM. Chugging away over here. I'm not going into the office today, and plan to catch up on some clothes shopping. Now that I've completely "settled" from my reconstruction, I feel like I need some new bras... And I need some new spring/summer tops for work. It's a pretty casual office, but I feel like my tops are too low cut... So, hopefully a nice day. Thai curry chicken with brown rice on tap for tonight.

Shannonsnail
04-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Scale is still moving in the right direction...yay! Not much else going on over here. I had a really good dr appt Monday and was "high" from that a couple days but now it's back to same ole same ole. I've been reading a blog that highlights doing alot of food prep on Sundays and trying to figure out how I can make time for that, it would surely help!

FatAbbi
04-25-2014, 12:37 PM
2 more lbs to hit the goal I set... I sure hope I make it !!!

Zumbachica
04-25-2014, 03:13 PM
taught a very high energy aqua class.....then i lifted weights for a while, focused on lower body. I contacted a trainer this morning and signed up for some personal training sessions...noone can say that I'm not trying.

Last night was a horrible night, I binged, I was really lonely and depressed. Having to hand my kids over to that monster effects me more than I let on. I ate until I thought i was going to explode. I have a nice two lb gain this morning to show for it.

Going to drink some water now and start cleaning...house has gone to seed....seeing it clean may lift my spirits.

Shannonsnail
04-25-2014, 03:28 PM
taught a very high energy aqua class.....then i lifted weights for a while, focused on lower body. I contacted a trainer this morning and signed up for some personal training sessions...noone can say that I'm not trying.

Last night was a horrible night, I binged, I was really lonely and depressed. Having to hand my kids over to that monster effects me more than I let on. I ate until I thought i was going to explode. I have a nice two lb gain this morning to show for it.

Going to drink some water now and start cleaning...house has gone to seed....seeing it clean may lift my spirits.
I know the effects of binge eating on the soul and spirit. I definitely empathize. Feeling out of control and unable to stop is truly the pits. Cleaning always helps me. Hope you feel better by end of day! :hug:

Zumbachica
04-25-2014, 04:14 PM
I appreciate your kind words Shannon.....you would have to experience it yourself to truly understand the feelings that are involved in an eating disorder like binge eating.....someone from NEDA is going to be calling me soon bout it, i reached out for help last night. coming on here and seeing everyone making strides makes me feel worse, so I"m not sure if I'll be logging in as much.....but I do appreciate your support.

Shannonsnail
04-25-2014, 04:33 PM
I appreciate your kind words Shannon.....you would have to experience it yourself to truly understand the feelings that are involved in an eating disorder like binge eating.....someone from NEDA is going to be calling me soon bout it, i reached out for help last night. coming on here and seeing everyone making strides makes me feel worse, so I"m not sure if I'll be logging in as much.....but I do appreciate your support.
Zumba, I used to be very active on Sparkpeople and led a great "binge free" team/group on there. I stepped down when I had my daughter but it was such a great group. You may want to look into it. I tried some similar groups on MFP but did not find them to be as helpful/encouraging/understanding. The section of the forum here on 3FC is also good. There are some great literature recommendations in a thread there. Feel free to contact me separate from this thread. I don't consider myself to have beaten BED by any stretch of the imagination but having endured it for 14 years I've read gobs of books and been in lots of counseling. I can certainly provide a listening ear if nothing else.

Mrs Snark
04-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Hugs to you Zumba, as a fellow binge eater I definitely understand what you are feeling!

And I'm thrilled to know that you led a great binge-free group Shannon -- maybe we can have a little mini- binge-support group here in the 40-something section? I know I'd like that!

Zumbachica
04-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Wow i felt so alone, didn't know there were so many other "bingers"..it started when i was in college and i managed it off and on over the years.....at one point i was so bad I was also purging and that is what led me to go to therapy about it. I thought i had a grip on it, but the past few months tell me very differently..The past few weeks have been especially bad. ..I find that alot of time eating support threads are filled with teenagers, I really can't relate to them and vice versa...a 40's binge group would be a big help to many I'm sure.

Cattails
04-25-2014, 05:55 PM
From what I've read, you are so not alone in this struggle, Zumba. A 40-somethings binge thread is a great idea; someone should definitely start one. :)

newleaf123
04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Awww, :hug: to my friend zumba! One of the things that constantly amazes me in life is that when I open up about something, I find out that so many people are experiencing or have gone through the same thing. I'm sure it's comforting to know that even in our little 40-something slice of the world you have people who truly understand...

Got a couple new bras today. Tried on so many to find the right band and cup combination. My tape measurements said I should be a 34 D and I ended up in 38 B, so you can imagine how many trips back and forth I made... I'm still not convinced that they are the right size, but given my history it's hard to know for certain. I'm trying so hard not to break down and go to Nordstrom's for a fitting. I hear they have a lot of expertise with women like me, but I don't want to shell out the money. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Zumbachica
04-25-2014, 09:23 PM
thanks for the hug Newleaf,,,,i was afraid to say that i'm a binger out loud, but now that i did i feel better...and hopeful..and I may start a thread Cattails.

Newleaf I had no idea what my bra size was....finally i went to the Bra Lady on Lexington Avenue....I got fitted....much to my surprise i was a 32DDD or F! I never would have guessed that...I bought one bra..but after that I knew what my size was so I could get bras on ebay or cheaper stores....I think it is well worth it.....so go to Nordstroms and get fitted...they don't charge you for the fitting,,,,and you may be able to find bras on sale. If the salesladies see that you are trying to find a deal they will help you......just my two cents....Ive got huge hooters and take this kind of thing seriously. An ill fitting bra is so uncomfortable..and doesn't look nice either.....my favorite brands ..Wacoal and Natori

Sum38
04-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Zumba and everyone else who struggles with ED's! :hug:

Sum38
04-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Aah, buying bras... It is such a trial and error. Right now I measure 32E/F, but I am most comfortable at 34DD/34E. I like my band snug, but not too snug. It is good to get measured, especially when weight changes. I have gone from 38E to 34DD in a year. Expensive year... At my heaviest I only had two bras that I rotated. I believe spending money on good bras; so I spent $100 on each bra and treated them gently. And sports bras. I can not get any cheap ones from Target etc. They never give enough support. I use the Panache sports bra. Someone here at 3FC's described it as "boob armor", nothing moves or jiggles about in those babies. I found some on Amazon for $52.

I have "partied" two nights in a row. And it shows on my scale. Amazing how fast that water weight accumulates. It is going to take me a week to undo two nights out. I ordered shrimp scampi over rice; I haven't had rice in ages and it tasted sooooo good that I ate the whole portion. Naughty me. So today's plan is to flush out the bad carbs I consumed over the past 2 days.

Today is supposed to be my grueling exercise day; I don't know if I am going to do all planned exercises. I was so tired on Thursday after a similar day.

Sun is out, I am looking forward to my walk with my pup and hub :)

Have a beautiful and fruitful day my friends!

Shannonsnail
04-26-2014, 11:05 AM
On the subject of bras my current ones are a size 40E and I got them through a "party" type business. They are expensive but keep the girls in place, lol. I also have two I rotate in "nude" and a black one for when needed and one sports bra (you should seriously see the sports bra, it's like a corset, lol!) At some point I'm going to need a new size. I think I will buy less expensive bras when I do and when I get further along shell out for the nicer ones. We'll see. I also believe in quality bras.

We were supposed to go to a fish fry last night but a really bad storm came up. I had nothing planned for dinner so we ended up ordering asian. The scale is up 1.5 lbs today, lol. I'm sure it would have done the same with the fish fry. I've started drinking water before my coffee even so maybe I can flush it out before my "official" weekly weigh in on Monday.

My husband won a hunting trip through a local store and is gone all day. He is not a hunter so not sure how he'll do but I'm looking at the prospect of him showing up with something I'm supposed to clean tonight. Ewwwwwwww! I'm thinking of taking my daughter strawberry picking today. It just opened up here and we are busy next weekend. It usually only lasts a few weeks.

FatAbbi
04-26-2014, 11:21 AM
I had enormous breast. From 36d-42ddd. Losing weight never made them reasonable. Last Summer the doc found abnormal breast tissue and insurance covered reconstruction. Now with further weightloss and surgery the are 34b, I love them.

love2b150
04-26-2014, 11:22 AM

Zumba I'm not doing good AT ALL. I make it though the morning and then I don't know what goes through my head. Last night my husband came home from work at 11:35pm and asked me "what are you doing?" I told him "putting frosting on a cake!"
he said why?
I'm thinking duh! because I'm going to eat it.
I told him "I wanted something sweet earlier we didn't have anything" <-- end of my talking to him
... then I homed in to a box of cake mix in the pantry. ... Zumba I told him as I'm eating this at 11:45pm that, "I only made a third of the box, I used an egg, coconut oil and 60% cocoa chips" like that made it made it better. I had to justify it in my mind and I did. You are not along my friend. Like I said I don't know that all of us have a known eating disorder and/or have had a doctor diagnose it but I think we all have one or have had one. Some just know how to control it/reel if back in and others we just go with the flow until we are tired, idk. I hope I'm not making you feel worse. I do know that I am having a very hard time here lately and I think it has to do with the stresses of life. I pray for your strength, my strength and everyone else. I do know I am tired of this yo-yo and I don't have anywhere to turn except for 3FC. My heart is for you Zumba, don't stop posting :hug:

love2b150
04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
just catching up ... Zumba's post caught my eye

Michelle good to see you :hug: and Shannon I agree with Michelle I think that is a great idea for you to start that thread. or you all can do a closed group on FB that only we can see. I post with some of the people I use to post with on here back in 2010/2011. We are not as active as we use to be but every now and then those issues that you don't want the world to see do come up.

Heidi, good to see you :hug: this is so true ---> One of the things that constantly amazes me in life is that when I open up about something, I find out that so many people are experiencing or have gone through the same thing

I don't have any comments for on bras, if it weren't for sagging I don't think that I would need one. :) I hate them.

love2b150
04-26-2014, 11:53 AM
We were supposed to go to a fish fry last night but a really bad storm came up.

I'm thinking of taking my daughter strawberry picking today. It just opened up here

We had fried fish last night :) same effect as your Asian food. I'm up today also just adding to the last two days of ups on the scale :) ... I'm gonna have to get some ideas from you on what goes on here. I had seen a sign on 70 last year that said something about strawberry picking but have no idea where anything is then I forget about it. Our thing to do is apple picking. Is there an apple orchard that you know of here? I know it's not until September/October but it would be great to plan :) That storm was interesting so glad the bad part passed us. Did you see on the news the guy that got under his trailer? I thought what a blessing. It took his roof but the trailer was still in tact and kept him safe.

love2b150
04-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Abbi great job on being so close to goal :carrot:

Sum at least you enjoyed yourself and can still smile knowing it's water weight :)

Zumbachica
04-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Hi all...as much as I say Im going to keep away from this thread I keep coming back :) you ladies are all so supportive.

Love2b the definition of an ED is any unhealthy relationship with food. It doesn't mean you have to be the extreme. I think many people that are overweight feel that they don't have a good relationship with food. So who knows? Maybe ED is overused. I know when i was taking laxatives to lose weight and drinking sodium citrate I definitely had a problem.....as far as the cake goes next time you have a sweet tooth have something else on hand that may cut the craving for you.....Im thinking of making a "bar" out of my protein shake mix and bananas...I found a recipe for that today. I figure i could keep them in the freezer and have if I feel like i'm going out of my mind for something sweet..atleast i could say it was up there with having a shake.....

Zumbachica
04-26-2014, 02:02 PM
OH and y'all were discussing sports bra..i am so very saggy and shakey.....not cool when you are teaching zumba...so I only can wear Enell bras...the thing is ugly and feel like i'm in a straight jacket, but that is ALL that works for me. So you ladies that are big and want absolutely NO shaking thats the bra to get..it is very very ugly.

Zumbachica
04-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Went to the gym today and walked on the treadmill because it was raining...was on for a half hour...on an incline....it says i burned a little over 200 calories, not alot but i was more interested in toning benefits from the incline than calories burned.

went to lunch with my friend who was at the gym with me...we went to organic market and I had a beet, celery and cucumber juice (eeeewww) and we shared a chicken and vegetable stir fry...it was so good and all organic.....not eating again until i go to dinner tonight and i already know i'm ordering either fish or a big salad with chicken.....:)

Lost two lbs of bloat from yesterday so I'm back to 152.....crazy how i could lose two lbs in one day....i don't think I pee'd all that much so I wonder where exactly the two lbs went....things that make you go hmmmmm.....

off to finish cleaning my bedroom...

love2b150
04-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Zumba I have the pre-made Atkins shakes, protein powder and carbmasters yogurt. I didn't think of them at the time and they would have been a much better choice. :) especially at that hour. I also have the Atkins double chocolate snack bar which reminds me of Oreos (smack on the head, now I think about it)

Sum38
04-26-2014, 03:33 PM
I am glad you keep coming back Zumba!! We are here to support each other on good days and on bad days :love:

Yeah, Enell bras are fantastic!

I just did my 4.7 mile puppy walk, I was flying. I was panting, so I got some aerobic exercise in as well. Sun was out but air is very cold. Wonder if we ever get spring time weather, let alone summer! :eek:

I definitely don't have a healthy relationship with food. When I was at my heaviest, I was very unhappy and I think I kept punishing and soothing myself at the same time with food. -- I felt really ugly inside, so I figured I must look ugly outside as well.

Even now it is constant battle to eat healthy and within limits. Calorie counting suits me for that reason. I give myself an allowance and stick with it. All new items I measure, to get accurate calorie measurement. I do turn to food when things are rough. -- I need happy and stress-free life in order to diet successfully. I am working on that right now. I have become happier as a person within the last year and it shows on my scale. Less misery I have, less desire I have to over eat.

I had zero interest in food when I was younger. How I miss those days. I ate because I had to. Needless to say I was very slender. Then life happened and food became my crutch.

I wish I could eat to fuel my body and workouts. I wish I could occasionally indulge on a fab restaurant meal without feeling guilty on the following day. Maybe I will get there when I reach goal??

newleaf123
04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi, friends. Lost a lot of water weight this AM... yay!

Nice food day: normal breakfast of cappuccino & hot cereal with banana; leftover Thai curry (homemade) chicken, tofu, and veggies over brown rice for lunch; planned homemade beef stew for dinner.

Went for a nice walk while the boys were at cello lessons this morning. Nothing else to report.

Here's to a good remainder of the weekend for everyone, and especially tonight! Weekend nights seem tough for everyone... :hug:

Shannonsnail
04-26-2014, 11:01 PM
OH and y'all were discussing sports bra..i am so very saggy and shakey.....not cool when you are teaching zumba...so I only can wear Enell bras...the thing is ugly and feel like i'm in a straight jacket, but that is ALL that works for me. So you ladies that are big and want absolutely NO shaking thats the bra to get..it is very very ugly.
Zumba does it have hooks all the way down the front? I think
Enell is the name of mine too, lol!

Shannonsnail
04-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Massive off plan food day.....not weighing tomorrow!

Shannonsnail
04-26-2014, 11:08 PM
We had fried fish last night :) same effect as your Asian food. I'm up today also just adding to the last two days of ups on the scale :) ... I'm gonna have to get some ideas from you on what goes on here. I had seen a sign on 70 last year that said something about strawberry picking but have no idea where anything is then I forget about it. Our thing to do is apple picking. Is there an apple orchard that you know of here? I know it's not until September/October but it would be great to plan :) That storm was interesting so glad the bad part passed us. Did you see on the news the guy that got under his trailer? I thought what a blessing. It took his roof but the trailer was still in tact and kept him safe.

We went to Dean's Farm in Wilson because my family is in that area and we were going to see them too but I think Vollmer is the closest place near us Rennie. There is an apple orchard not too far as well, I need to remember the name of it! We missed it this year by accident. I am really freaked by these sudden storms we get now. Do you remember the bad one in mid January? A good friend of ours was out walking on a trail in our neighborhood and killed by a falling tree. She was 50 and so full of life.

love2b150
04-27-2014, 01:28 AM
I am glad you keep coming back Zumba!! We are here to support each other on good days and on bad days :love:

Yeah, Enell bras are fantastic!

I just did my 4.7 mile puppy walk, I was flying. I was panting, so I got some aerobic exercise in as well. Sun was out but air is very cold. Wonder if we ever get spring time weather, let alone summer! :eek:

I definitely don't have a healthy relationship with food. When I was at my heaviest, I was very unhappy and I think I kept punishing and soothing myself at the same time with food. -- I felt really ugly inside, so I figured I must look ugly outside as well.

Even now it is constant battle to eat healthy and within limits. Calorie counting suits me for that reason. I give myself an allowance and stick with it. All new items I measure, to get accurate calorie measurement. I do turn to food when things are rough. -- I need happy and stress-free life in order to diet successfully. I am working on that right now. I have become happier as a person within the last year and it shows on my scale. Less misery I have, less desire I have to over eat.

I had zero interest in food when I was younger. How I miss those days. I ate because I had to. Needless to say I was very slender. Then life happened and food became my crutch.

I wish I could eat to fuel my body and workouts. I wish I could occasionally indulge on a fab restaurant meal without feeling guilty on the following day. Maybe I will get there when I reach goal??

Sum you know I think I just accepted it and listened to peoples snide comments (that would always hurt my feelings). I got bigger and bigger and it never clicked until ... I couldn't fit my clothes (I refused to go to the next size) so I used a band to hook my pants and wore maternity shirts to cover. ... I couldn't keep up with my daughter. Once she had gone all the way upstairs from the basement and I couldn't make it past the first landing. My family would actually ask me are you gonna get any bigger or say you've gotten bigger since the last time I saw you. I think I just didn't like skinny (thin) people so I felt like it was ok to eat what I wanted when I wanted. Because they were sticks and I didn't want to look like them. I still don't know that I want to be thin (I hope I am not offending anyone) I don't mean to but I just want to be healthy. So just maybe subconsciously I am sabotaging myself, idk. I do know that every time I get close to the next decade I eat like there is no tomorrow. Life's stress does play a role but am I causing the added stress?

Shannon ... Boy do I remember that storm, sorry about your friend :hug: talk about close to home.

Well I am gonna have a huge gain tomorrow. I ate everything today but the kitchen sink :( tomorrow will be a better day ... I am promising myself.

Cattails
04-27-2014, 04:10 AM
I still don't know that I want to be thin (I hope I am not offending anyone) I don't mean to but I just want to be healthy.

Rennie, I don't know why anybody would be offended. :) I would hope that you aim to be what you want to be, not what you think others expect of you. For me, healthy is the real goal; I'm never going to be Hollywood beautiful and I don't care - I don't want to work that hard! But being as healthy and strong as I reasonably can be, that's my pot o' gold. :goldpot: Here's to a good day tomorrow for everyone!

Mrs Snark
04-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Ahhh Stress. I agree that stress makes everything more difficult (as I am experiencing now). What is so ironic to me is that I know when we are under tremendous stress, that's exactly when good nutrition and a stable exercise routine can really, really help your body cope. Yet those 2 things are often the first to go out the door.

I keep reminding myself it is important to treat my body like I'd treat my best friend's body. If I was responsible for feeding a friend, you can bet I'd put in alot of effort choosing healthy foods and making other healthy choices. It's just my own body I'm so willing to abuse.

Rennie -- Healthy is the goal for me, too. I'd bet it is the goal for alot of us.

Shannonsnail
04-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Ok gals, per your request, here is a new thread for the hard days, please read description in initial post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/295247-40-somethings-struggles-welcome-here.html#post4992809

If anyone is interested in starting a FB group for privacy, please feel free to do so. I had an addiction problem with FB and gave it up for 4 months from Nov to March. I have a new account now but it is only for family so I can keep up with them and share my daughter's pics, no groups or friends, so that I do not fall back into where I used to be. Thanks!

newleaf123
04-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Rennie, I don't know why anybody would be offended. :) I would hope that you aim to be what you want to be, not what you think others expect of you. For me, healthy is the real goal; I'm never going to be Hollywood beautiful and I don't care - I don't want to work that hard! But being as healthy and strong as I reasonably can be, that's my pot o' gold. :goldpot: Here's to a good day tomorrow for everyone!

Wise words... Totally agree

love2b150
04-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks Cattails :hug: that is my pot o' gold also :D so I'll be around for my children and prayerfully my grandchildren also :) Cattails and Heidi, it wasn't about me wanting to be what someone else wanted me to be, it was about me being stubborn and in my mind comfortable with the weight. Their words made me not want to lose weight. ... in actuality they didn't care, I gave them something to talk about. But who did that harm? ... me ... so the new attitude and sometimes more sensible me is here wanting to lose weight and get healthy :D

Michelle, That is truly a way to put it in black and white ... how you would treat a friend ... that is funny how we can care for someone else better than we will or do for ourselves :)

LOL Shannon my addiction other than food is 3FC. My kids tell me to get off of here. ... thanks for starting the group. I'm all for the private group because have you ever search for some on google and a 3FC thread will come up with everything someone has said, scary.

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

A new start was my plan but I haven't done well so far. I've had a gain everyday since the 24th. I am up 2.6lbs total but I am gonna do the 5:2 diet today and see if I can get the scale to move down. :) Hope it works so I can see a loss by the end of April :crossed:

Sum38
04-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Lots of wisdom going around here :grouphug:

Cattails
04-27-2014, 03:57 PM
3FCs addiction, you and me both, Rennie! My computer keeps telling me "You've visited this site a LOT." Yeah, so what - shut up already! :D There's far worse things to be addicted to, hm?

Thank you, Shannon, for starting a thread; looks good. :)

I forgot to say earlier: welcome back, Michelle - sorry you've been struggling, and kudos for not letting things go too long. Hope your stresses are getting dealt with.

Happy Sunday everybody - it's the beginning of a brand new week! Fresh start for us all! :flow2:

Sum38
04-27-2014, 03:59 PM
I am tired today. I did a long workout last night, eventhough I slept a full night, I felt tired. I did go to my 9 am aerobics class and did well...run some errands and then collapsed. I took a 2 hour nap :eek: But I am listening to my body and letting it get rest when it wants it. -- I napped on a chair, and now I have a stiff neck :D

I think I will skip my 5 mile walk today. Just get rested up. -- I have worked out every day since the 8th, I think I may need a day off.

Weight is still up from the weekend. I am not panicking :) It will flush out soon enough. Well maybe not today; I ate lots of smoked salmon....

Zumbachica
04-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Was in class ALL DAY today.....so much information...it was just too much to process....the instructor brought up every worse case scenario that could happen at a closing. It made me want to cry......the thought of being at a closing and not knowing what to do would be the end of me.....funny, i sat through five or six closings for myself and don't remember the title closer doing anything like what she's saying, so i don't know if she was exaggerating or trying to make herself sound super human......i don't know what i want to do now....so many decisions to make as I start my new life.....

Last night i went to dinner with and friend and had a small hanger steak and brussel sprouts, water (no alcohol). I felt very much in control. My DB came over (although i use the word boyfriend loosely now) and I can tell that he has been working out, his arms were huge and tight and the rest of him was pretty solid also......and here i am looking worse by the day..a big glob. I hope working with the trainer gives me the incentive that i need to get it together. NO workout today because I was in school all day and Im pretty tired now...but I am definitely going to do some pushups and sit ups and lunges before bed......I made a promise to myself not to let one day go by that i don't do "something" active.....

love2b150
04-27-2014, 09:23 PM
3FCs addiction, you and me both, Rennie! My computer keeps telling me "You've visited this site a LOT." Yeah, so what - shut up already! :D There's far worse things to be addicted to, hm?

Happy Sunday everybody - it's the beginning of a brand new week! Fresh start for us all! :flow2:

So so true Cattails, and I am so hoping to really keep the next 3 days fresh. I will really be bummed if I can't get under my 163.2 on the 30th.

Sum good job on listening to your body :), sorry about your neck :hug:

Zumba hopefully the instructor was just giving worse case scenarios to make or break you all, just stand strong you can do it :hug: On your DB let that be incentive, and you're not a glob :hug: I need to make the promise to do something active daily, I feel so much better when I do :)

I finally went to the gym, felt really good. My son got on me because I am doing a low cal/carb day and I burned so many calories. Sum I brought your name up and said she's fine (I did a forth of what she does) and this is just one day it's not like I'm going to do this daily. I'd go crazy :)

Sum38
04-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Congrats on getting back at the gym, Rennie! And low calorie days are good for your body too.

Sum38
04-28-2014, 07:26 AM
I ate smoked salmon yesterday, a whole package of it :eek: Now I am paying the price, scale jumped many pounds and I am retaining water like mad. I tried flushing the sodium out, but my body decided that it liked the water and is keeping it in. I feel like a balloon, someone pop me please? Even my face is swollen, esp. eyes are looking small and eye lids really puffy.

I will keep assaulting my body with more water, eventually it has to release it right? I drank about 100 oz yesterday and barely used the loo. I am shooting for another 100 oz for today. Just watch, I will be at the FCA and really busy and in a need of use the toilet all day :D And no time. I will need to wear a diaper :lol:

These water pounds are going to take days to get rid off, ugh. Hoping for a decent weigh in by the 1st. But I am not panicking. I know I did not eat enough to cause any real weight gain. -- I am more intrigued by the fact how sodium sensitive I am.

Weekend was filled with off plan items, and I was okay with it. Just my binge with smoked salmon was too much.

I exercised very well this weekend though.

Today is my FCA day, which means a fast day; boy my body really needs it. Get things settled down a bit. I will only swim tonight for exercise. My puppy has not have a day off form walking since the 8th and she is looking pretty tired. She is not a young dog any more. She will enjoy her day off.

My goal was to exercise 3000 minutes this month (50 hours), and I am at 2945, I think I am going to make it! :) I don't know if I am going to set such a high goal for next month. I may set 40 hr (2400 minute) goal.

newleaf123
04-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Good morning.

sum, that's a lot of exercise, wow!

zumba, what's up with that teacher? Yeah, I've never seen a closing that wasn't cookie cutter.

Rennie . Great job getting to the gym!

Decent weekend here, gorgeous weather. Backs of my thighs are a little sore from yard work. Did a lot of cooking last night, made a purée of chickpeas and roasted acorn squash with lemon and sriracha. Sort of a hummus but without the sesame; a rhubarb compote to put in oatmeal; and a tomato, roasted acorn squash, roasted red pepper soup. All without recipes; I was feeling daring! The red peppers and acorn squash had been staring me down for awhile, had to do something!

Mrs Snark
04-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks Cattails. I'm working at practicing better coping mechanisms (instead of random eating), hopefully I can get the hang of it!

Heidi - as usual, your food sounds delish!

Shannonsnail
04-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Good morning! I am sore from yard work too Heidi. I had to get 3 hrs in yesterday because it is supposed to rain most of this week. I still have a long hedge along the driveway to trim for the first time of the season but I got our smaller hedge done and the yard mowed/trimmed around edges.

Last year I sold a ton of old stuff through a local buy/sell/trade group and my porch is piled up with more stuff to sell this year. I've got a load for Goodwill too. Spring decluttering!

Well, I managed to still have a loss this week despite 3 off plan meals over the weekend so I'm happy. If it's like the last couple weeks I will have a whoosh tomorrow. It always happens right after my official weekly weigh in, LOL! My weight loss is slowing some but I'm going to ride this no counting, no exercise train as long as I can!

love2b150
04-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks Sum :), Sum question (can I do another day today or do you not recommend it?) I logged my meals into MFP and the calories still aren't that much higher than yesterday. WOW 3000 minutes way to go :high: Water weight is just evil. I hope it goes away soon :) LOL on the diaper, that's how I feel when I eat too many carbs, I go to the bathroom so much :)

Thanks Heidi :) ... you should write a cookbook :) Start taking pictures and jotting down your steps :)

Hi Michelle :hug:

Shannon good job on your weigh in :) You're doing great :) LOL why is it that the day of your(our) weigh in is always high and the next day is lower :dizzy: My end of the month is usually like that also.

Well yesterday's eating plan and treadmill time did the trick. I still went over but I lost the bloat and am back to my 162 that I was on the 7th so I am happy. Two pounds to lose by 4/30 to make my (birthday 4/14/14) goal :crossed: My ticker is finally accurate :)

Sum38
04-28-2014, 10:09 AM
I would not do two low calorie days in a row, Rennie! You may get really hungry and it will backfire on you. I like the 5:2 plan. I like IF period. Nice job on your weight loss, Rennie! I bet it was a relief to see that 162 again! -- Fasting always cuts my bad eating cycle; I hope it does the same for you!

Sum38
04-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Shannonsnail You are doing awesome!

Heidi Your food sounds amazing! -- I saw a flower store called New Leaf, I thought of you!

love2b150
04-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks Sum for the quick reply. I will re-do the meals for today. It was definitely a relief to see that number but tell me why 161 is hiding from me :lol: I hope it does the same for me also :)

Zumbachica
04-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Hello all..

Today is a killer day for me..three classes to teach and my son has a violin lesson wedged in there....hope I can get supper made and served in time for me not to be late for my evening class!

Scale was a little over 151 today, I thought it would be higher given i had fast food yesterday on my break at school...(the power bar and almonds I packed were just NOT cutting it)....I guess those fast food salads aren't so bad after all....even with their crappy dressing....

I am doing a IF diet of sorts, eating within a five or six hour period in the day. Not so good so far, I caved and had two chocolate eclairs that I bought today when i went grocery shopping (I get my kids back today and like to have snacks for them) Not a cool move, I am hopeless..but a binge would have been the WHOLE box so I'm not going to slap myself around...i think I did that enough for now.....

dinner is going to be chicken and spinach.

and Im OFF and RUNNING....it is a gorgeous day out...sat out for a little while and watched the puppy sniff grass and try and eat dandelion flowers...it is the little things that make me happy :)

Zumbachica
04-28-2014, 03:23 PM
I think we all need to go to Newleafs house for dinner.....:)

newleaf123
04-28-2014, 11:19 PM
LOL Everyone is welcome to my house for dinner!

love2b150
04-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Zumba the little things make me happy also, they take you away in thought if only for a minute it's still quite pleasant :hug:

Heidi just say when ;)

EDIT: not a new low I reached 161.2 on 4/12 today I'm down .4 to 161.6 still happy. I have 1.6 to go to reach my goal for the end of the month only one day so I am gonna hope for a nice whoosh after a TOTALLY ON PLAN DAY.

newleaf123
04-29-2014, 11:10 AM
rennie congrats on your new low, and fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh-in!

Had a wonderful protein shake this morning: pineapple juice, watermelon, basil w/ a few ice cubes and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. OMG, delicious!

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Yum Heidi! I miss pineapple. I have been staying away from the higher glycemic fruits because of my blood sugar but I bet that was good!

Feeling a little down today. Scale is "stuck" for first time since I started, been hovering around 194 since last Tuesday. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I was just hoping it would be later, lol!

My daughter is at preschool this morning so I need to get myself together and be productive! Talk more later!

love2b150
04-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks Heidi :), I messed up, I looked back and found that I weighed 161.2 on 4/12 so not quite a low ;) but it feels good to hopefully get out of the 160's for good :D Your smoothie sounds good. I'm curious what kick does the basil give it?

love2b150
04-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Smile Shannon and enjoy your day :hug: that scale will move :)

Sum38
04-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Congrats Rennie! :woohoo:

love2b150
04-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks Sum :)

Shannon I like the new avatar. I need to update mine :)

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks Rennie! First pic in a long time where I felt good about myself. Have you seen the weather reports? I am seriously getting freaked out.

Zumbachica
04-29-2014, 03:59 PM
hi all....well Aunt Flo finally made her visit today. My appetite always drops when she arrives. As i have gotten older my PMS binging has become quite blatant. Anyhow the scale is somewhere in the 152 range still......i have accomplished nothing . Tomorrow night is a party that i've known about for while and I have nothing to wear because nothing fits. Im' not a happy camper, but you all know that already.

love2b150
04-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Shannon, Up there you all have the flood and tornado watch. We only have the flood watch so far. Which is strange since we're so close together. The schools have cancelled all afternoon/evening practices and events. Honestly didn't know until my son walked in and I asked him what he was doing home since I usually have to pick him up.

Zumba :hug: I just have to give you a :hug: I think you have more clothes than you know what to do with :hug: (Saying this with love :hug:) You say you don't have anything to wear every time you have to go some where :) You know what I think? I think you're like my Mom and you will never be seen in the same thing twice at an event ... or in my Moms case at work. I would love to have a closet/wardrobe like that :D ... well if you can't find anything to wear in there that you want to wear it's time to go shopping my friend :hug:

Sum38
04-29-2014, 04:45 PM
I need to come and stay in my area :) I got in trouble with the forum today... I opened my big mouth and people did not like it :^: I should know better! I should just stay in my own little corner :lol3:

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 05:13 PM
I need to come and stay in my area :) I got in trouble with the forum today... I opened my big mouth and people did not like it :^: I should know better! I should just stay in my own little corner :lol3:

Sum, I am restraining my typing finger from posting something over there.

Zumbachica
04-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Zumba :hug: I just have to give you a :hug: I think you have more clothes than you know what to do with :hug: (Saying this with love :hug:) You say you don't have anything to wear every time you have to go some where :) You know what I think? I think you're like my Mom and you will never be seen in the same thing twice at an event ... or in my Moms case at work. I would love to have a closet/wardrobe like that :D ... well if you can't find anything to wear in there that you want to wear it's time to go shopping my friend :hug:[/QUOTE]

I wish I could say that was true but the reason i say i have nothing to wear is because i have outgrown my clothes. I have a beautiful wardrobe I am the first to admit it....i used to get compliments on how I put outfits together and i can pair something old up with something new and make it look great, thats why I don'[t get rid of alot of clothes. Its sad that i am down to one pair of zumba pants and two pairs of jeans that fit, a few tops and thats about it. More incentive to lose weight, i can't afford to replace!!!:(

Sum38
04-29-2014, 08:15 PM
I must ask this.... Since I have been posting my success here.. I am pi$$ing you guys off? -- I was really sad when you started the thread about failures. I felt it was a direct hit at me.

Would you like me to stop posting?

I think we should support each other in good and bad.

Cattails
04-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Aw, Zumba :hug: Go to your party and enjoy yourself!

Sum, I saw what you were up to - it was entertaining! Wowser, you got yourself ignored! :lol3: You never know how somebody is going to react. And I can only speak for myself, but I absolutely want to hear about every struggle and success that anyone's willing to share, great and small! DO NOT STOP POSTING!! :club:

Rennie, :yay: for the 161! You're on a roll now!

Shannon, what a shame that you're stuck in Onederland! :D 194 is pretty awesome place to pause, and it'll be just a memory very soon, I've no doubt. :) You and Rennie will be seeing new decades before you know it.

Heidi, just say the word and I'll be at your tableside! Love your concoctions!

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 09:21 PM
I must ask this.... Since I have been posting my success here.. I am pi$$ing you guys off? -- I was really sad when you started the thread about failures. I felt it was a direct hit at me.

It doesn't bother me and I am happy to share the good and bad. I only started it because several mentioned it. In the past I have had trouble reading about successes of others when I was not personally experiencing success so
I can definitely empathize with anyone experiencing that. That is one of the reasons I had to take a sabbatical from Facebook. Currently, I am in a better place emotionally and with my eating disorder so such things don't affect me right now. I think we all need to be who we are....honest! So, post your good or bad.

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Shannon, what a shame that you're stuck in Onederland! :D 194 is pretty awesome place to pause, and it'll be just a memory very soon, I've no doubt. :) You and Rennie will be seeing new decades before you know it.

Ha ha! So true! I am still thrilled to be in Onederland! I was thinking today that perhaps the body does need pauses and yes, 194 is a great place for a pause after a 16 lb loss!

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Shannon, Up there you all have the flood and tornado watch. We only have the flood watch so far. Which is strange since we're so close together. The schools have cancelled all afternoon/evening practices and events. Honestly didn't know until my son walked in and I asked him what he was doing home since I usually have to pick him up.

We are still fine here but my brother's town (Wilson) was hit pretty hard with flooding. Several tornados sighted there, not sure yet about damage. My brother and his wife (currently preggers!) are both ok.

Sum38
04-29-2014, 09:30 PM
I think I will say my good byes to the 40's thread. You inspired me, you motivated me. Now I feel betrayed and sad.

Shannonsnail
04-29-2014, 09:42 PM
I think I will say my good byes to the 40's thread. You inspired me, you motivated me. Now I feel betrayed and sad.

I guess I must be missing something here. I'm not aware of anything that has taken place on this thread or on any other thread in the 40s group that should cause you to feel betrayed or sad or like you should stop posting. I thought I was clear about that in my response a few minutes ago as well but maybe what I wrote was misinterpreted. To clarify, all mentions of starting a new thread (specifically about binge eating though I made it a little broader since technically there is a support group on 3FC for binge eating) were here in black and white on this thread, no discussions have taken place outside this thread. If I said or did anything upsetting, feel free to contact me directly to discuss. I would really hate to see a valued member of this group leave over a misunderstanding.

Zumbachica
04-29-2014, 09:47 PM
SUM when you say the thread about failures do you mean the struggles one? that was started because I came on here talking about binging and someone suggested a thread about that...i don't see how that was done to hurt anyone, it was done to help....and I just looked on that thread and I didn't see anything that was negative.....so I"m a little lost...but I for one will say that seeing your success motivates me and Im' sure others...I mean, isn't that why we are here? to see other succeed and for us to succeed ourselves? Im confused.....

Please don't leave....

love2b150
04-29-2014, 09:49 PM

OMGoodness Sum ... no, no, no ... you had better not stop posting :hug: and I agree with Cattails.

Thanks Cattails :) I sure hope so :)

Sum are you talking about the thread on the FB picture? I totally understand what you meant. She got offended as did a few others and they obviously did not understand what you said. But that's young people for you ... That's exactly why I don't comment on some threads because I can tell by their post that they are just like my 21 year old and will immediately get defensive. I pick my words kindly/softly/with care when talking to my daughter. Her husband gets it, but she ALWAYS jumps the gun, smh. :D

Zumba is it just water weight though? I wish I could help :hug: do you think your body has just gotten so accustomed to your work out? I can't think of anything else. You workout a lot and to me Zumba is hard, I probably burn way more calories when I try to do Zumba than I do on the treadmill. I don't know ... but I do remember only have a few things that fit and all of them were horrid IMO and according to my blunt and direct daughter. I love her for that part :) She won't allow me to go out any kind of way.

Shannon, I saw that on the news while at the gym. Glad to hear your brother and his wife are good. I don't know enough about the state/area. How far is Wilson from here?

love2b150
04-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Sum Please don't leave :(. You have helped me more than you know. Please don't leave :(. :hug:

Zumbachica
04-29-2014, 11:03 PM
She's not going anywhere....I'm going to have to drive to Michigan with a frying pan....and its going to cost me alot in gas and we all know i'll be stopping for fast food along the way.......

love2b150
04-29-2014, 11:17 PM
LOL Zumba ... I wish I lived up that way to come visit you also ... we need to have a reunion. Not sure what we'd call it but Heidi could cook :D I pray we are all smiling and have happy thoughts by morning :grouphug:

Cattails
04-30-2014, 05:31 AM
Whoa, whoa, WHOA NOW! I think we all need to take a little breather and...that's right...dance like a chicken! Come on now, get those elbows flapping and knees knocking! :dancer: :chicken::chicken::chicken::dancer: :chicken::chicken::chicken: :dancer: :chicken::chicken::chicken: :dancer: :chicken::chicken::chicken: :dancer:

Sleep well everyone, tomorrow is a brand new day. :)

love2b150
04-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Lots of tornado warnings, the storm woke me up 30 minutes earlier ... but I'm good. Shannon, I hope all is well up there :hug: I was worried about my daughter and her husband. Remember that new building that fell earlier this year? Well my daughters apartment is across the street from there and she is on the top floor with huge windows. She said when it fell it felt like an earthquake (those buildings are flimsy).

Cattails ... :chicken: good morning yes I agree :chicken:

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
04/28 ~ 162.0 (-2.6)
04/29 ~ 161.6 (-0.4)
04/30 ~ 160.8 (-0.8)

Goal for the end of the month 160.0 I am only .8 away ... :woohoo: maybe tomorrow :crossed:

Zumbachica
04-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Hope everyone is safe.....rain and wind here but nothing major.....Its going to be an ugly day.....Good thing i didn't put away the winter clothes....

i have that party tonight and did't lose any weight for it like I had planned...so here I am.....stuck in the same place....its getting really OLD...Im just puzzled because I had a low calorie day plus my period, you would think I would have lost SOMEtHING...maybe my swoosh will come tomorrow......

I hope everyone has a good day, Im exhausted and just want to go back to bed....dog makes sure i'm up early ....:) She's my alarm clock....good thing she's so cute!

love2b150
04-30-2014, 08:07 AM
The storms have moved on and the temperature is climbing. I so hope we don't have to go back to jackets until later this year :)

Zumba I hope you can get a nap today :hug: I may need to take one also :D

love2b150
04-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Where is Marlene? I thought she was coming back after the 21st! Missing you my friend :hug:

Sum I was trying to find what my goal was for this challenge and you are only 1lb from goal according to your ticker, way to go :high:

I just checked my stats from January 1, 2013 till now ...

In 2013 I loss 19.4lbs

So far this year I have loss 18.2lbs ... this is very encouraging. If I can lose 2lbs a month for the next 8 months I will weigh 144.8lbs by December 31st ... now tell me that's not exciting :)

*get to 160 (as of today - lose 7lbs
*walk at least 3-5 times a week, 3-4 miles
*stay within my calorie, carbs range

1) well that was on St. Patrick's Day I weighed 167. So I am seeing 160 but with .8 left to go ... I believe I can do this if I stay focused ;)

2) I only worked out 10 times this month so that's a fail

3) I went over my calories 16 times before I decided to do this 5:2 up/down day diet on 4/27.

newleaf123
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Whoa, sum, No! I hope you got agood night of sleep and are coming back. I think it was an emotional day yesterday... You so belong here and we thrive off of your success!

love2b150
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Ditto Heidi :)

Shannonsnail
04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Rennie I was awake during all the tornado warnings in the early morning hours thanks to the new weather radio. I did pray for your family by name. I'm glad you are all ok. I'm sure you were worried about your daughter. That was crazy video of that building falling earlier this year. I just let the dog out. It is muggy hot here and very windy.

Sum come out come out wherever you are!

The scale dropped today...yay!

Zumbachica
04-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Still pouring here...I went back to bed...Sum did also which is probably why she isn't here....i'm up though to join the land of the living and as much as I dread going out in this weather i want to get to the mall and get my teeth bleached...i have a groupon!

Mrs Snark
04-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Sum, girl, no no no!

I think I mentioned having maybe a separate binge support thread, but it certainly didn't have a thing to do with you! Goodness no.

I can't imagine what anyone here has done to make you feel betrayed? So I'm dancing like a chicken so that my awesome chicken dance mojo will bring you back.

FatAbbi
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
I am being blown around today and roasted.... 90+ today, tomorrow and probably Friday. WOW!!

15 days..... 2 more lbs I need to lose!

love2b150
04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
SUMMMMM ... hellooooooo :hug:

Thanks Shannon :hug: I hope you got some rest! Did you? Glad the scale dropped :yay: I couldn't believe how warm it was this morning and still is but I like it :)

Zumba are you gonna get an outfit?

Michelle :wave:

Abbi you'll do it, :yay: YOU :high:

SUMMMMMMMMMM ... hoping to see you :hug:

Zumbachica
04-30-2014, 05:27 PM
it is STILL raining here...this is crazy..and it is cold. The bleaching place was too busy so I wound up at WHBM and bought a pair of jeans and two tunics , so I can wear one of the tunics tonight with tights .....dressing up a body i don't like is not fun, its like camouflage..or like Uncle Sy from Duck Dynasty would say ..."Its like putting lipstick on a bear..."

Mrs Snark
04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
I have a "feels like" temperature of 91 here today. And high humidity and thunderstorms. It's ugly and it makes my arthritis hurt like the dickens.

I saw huge patches of stickers out on my dog walks this morning. And I got 5 mosquito bites.

I think summer has arrived. Blerg!

Cattails
04-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Rennie - 160!! That is so beautiful, I could cry. :D

love2b150
04-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Michelle 91, I am so not ready for that yet :)

Cattails, thank you :hug: don't cry until we see my name 150, I'm gonna cry also :D

Shannon how's your brother and his wife?

Shannonsnail
05-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Today is not my official weigh day but according to my sneak peek I am just .4 from my chicken day goal....woohoo!

newleaf123
05-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Hi, checking in. Nothing to report :)

Mrs Snark
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I sneaked a peek at the scale (not supposed to weigh until 5/21) and I'm down, and I like that. I feel like I have re-found my groove, so much so that I am left wondering why I ever stepped out of it in the first place.

Shannon -- whoo hoo! Way to go!

love2b150
05-01-2014, 11:15 AM
:flow1: Happy May :flow1:

Shannon :woohoo: .4 is great! :high: Are you gonna change your goal?

Hi Heidi :wave:

I sneaked a peek at the scale (not supposed to weigh until 5/21) and I'm down, and I like that. I feel like I have re-found my groove, so much so that I am left wondering why I ever stepped out of it in the first place.

:yay: for Down Michelle :high: I wonder the same thing :)

My new May 14th goal is to stay in the 150's until then. I weighed in at 159.8 this morning ... I can't explain the joy. My scale said get off me because I stepped on stepped off moved it stepped on stepped off :D

Mrs Snark
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Rennie!!! How exciting!!!! :congrat:

love2b150
05-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Thanks Michelle :)

Cattails a few more days and we can hopefully :cry: tears of joy :D

I want to change my ticker but that usually is a jinx for me so I'll wait till Monday :)

Shannonsnail
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Excited for Rennie and Michelle!! :carrot:

Shannonsnail
05-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Shannon :woohoo: .4 is great! :high: Are you gonna change your goal?

Not sure! Originally I had in mind my mini goal of 10% loss (189) but I thought nah, that's too much of a stretch but maybe I could reach it?

love2b150
05-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks Shannon and I think you can do it too but who am I to talk I always shoot for the lower so I won't be too sad when I don't :)

Cattails
05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Rennie, I officially have a tear in my eye - I'm so happy for you! :yay: Step on that scale as much as you want, this is your day. :)

Woo, Shannon and Michelle, this is a very good day, isn't it?!

Just a reminder, we have 2 more weeks to go on this challenge - let's see what we can get up to, hm? :D

Sum, hope you are having a better day today. Open arms here, always.

Cattails
05-01-2014, 05:49 PM
This is a notable day for me, an anniversary of sorts. Two years ago, I was at my heaviest and feeling so very terrible, I thought I might die - thought I might as well die, rather than being such a useless burden to my family. Then I caught a bad cold that laid me up for two days, in bed eating nothing but a few bowls of soup my DH brought me. On May 1, 2012, I got out of bed and, out of curiosity, weighed myself - and saw that I'd dropped 6 lbs. from the last time I'd looked. Six pounds! A little voice inside whispered, "What if I could keep that 6 lbs. off, and maybe even lose a bit more?" Dusted off my SBD book, relearned how to eat normally and healthily, got myself to a doctor to resolve the severe anemia (no wonder I was feeling so lousy), and here I am today, feeling so much better, and looking forward to being an old lady waay in the future! Catalysts are funny, sneaky things, aren't they?

love2b150
05-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Happy Anniversary Cattails :) glad you're here with us :hug:

and Thank you Cattails no tears even of joy, LOL ... just smiles, grins and cheers :hug:

Mrs Snark
05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Yes, happy anniversary Cattails! Change comes at amazing times! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!

newleaf123
05-01-2014, 10:17 PM
What a wonderful anniversary, catTails!! And great news, MrsSnark, Rennie, and Shannon!!

Shannonsnail
05-01-2014, 10:33 PM
This is a notable day for me, a anniversary of sorts. Two years ago, I was at my heaviest and feeling so very terrible, I thought I might die - thought I might as well die, rather than being such a useless burden to my family. Then I caught a bad cold that laid me up for two days, in bed eating nothing but a few bowls of soup my DH brought me. On May 1, 2012, I got out of bed and, out of curiosity, weighed myself - and saw that I'd dropped 6 lbs. from the last time I'd looked. Six pounds! A little voice inside whispered, "What if I could keep that 6 lbs. off, and maybe even lose a bit more?" Dusted off my SBD book, relearned how to eat normally and healthily, got myself to a doctor to resolve the severe anemia (no wonder I was feeling so lousy), and here I am today, feeling so much better, and looking forward to being an old lady waay in the future! Catalysts are funny, sneaky things, aren't they?
Happy anniversary! LOVE this story!

love2b150
05-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Quiet in here today. Hope everyone has a great day :)

I'm down .2 to 159.6

Shannonsnail
05-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Quiet in here today. Hope everyone has a great day :)

I'm down .2 to 159.6
Party hats for you today too! :celebrate:

Cattails
05-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Woo, Rennie, you are :smoking: !!

TGIF all and hope it's a terrific weekend!