Old 03-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #16  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Ha, I got to move my ticker
SW 144
CW 143.6
GW 135

.... almost like a dancing chicken having fun with the emoticons.

I fasted all day, which went really well, but I was super snacky all night. I did not go for a walk, pup was still babying her leg, so I did not want to push it and I was really tired after FCA.
Today is a gym day. I have to do it first thing this morning. Which I hate. The gym is filled with women, and they are all gossipy and catty. I usually wear a baseball cap and put my head down hoping to be NOT recognized. I don't want to be pulled in what ever the drama for the day is. I am there to work out. -- I usually work out at 1; with the seniors or I like the evening crowd as well.

Today I am eating a ton of veggies and protein. No candy!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Well Im finally below 149....148.8...not a lot but i'll take it. taught a killer class last night....my cheeks were red and they never get that way unless I truly am in 'the zone" so to speak....i had a loss even after having some salty corned beef.......yay me....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #18  

SUM just ignore the women at the gym. Smile , be cordial but just focus on your workout.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #19  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zumba, don't give up on the crate, our little dog sees his as his space now, we got him from a shelter and he wasn't completely house-trained. He doesn't go to the bathroom in the crate, we have an old beach towel in there, he likes to scrunch it up and make a nest, if yours is a puppy maybe something smaller like a hand towel...last night I was combing him, he's not thrilled with that and he ran in his crate to make me stop, lol

Best of luck with everything
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #20  

thanks Kelij..I'm not giving up on the crate, because i really don't want this dog in my bed every night..she's too small and if she fell out she could die....or i may squash her....unfortunately she started pooping in there and now thinks the crate is a litter box.....so I"m trying to teach her that isn't how it works. I put towels in there, her toys, a clock so she can hear ticking..she just hates being in there at night...Last night i thought for sure she would sleep in there but she starting yelping and howling after an hour.....there's just so much you can ignore that kind of noise, especially when the kids are getting up super early for school.....i'm hoping it gets better as she gets a little older, she's only 10 weeks old.
I have read everything i could about crate training online and I'm doing it all and it still isn't working......but i will keep trying. Chihuahuas are a hard breed to train to do anything so I've come to find out. The dog trainer at Petco told me they are crazy. It was kind of discouraging..LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #21  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Ours is a cocker spaniel mix, just as challenging as far as training, we think he has some hound mixed in as he likes to howl sometimes...we call him crazy dog or flippy dog all the time, like you say, we love him, so he's staying. I guess you've tried closing off some of the space, since she's so small...
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #22  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! 164.1 this AM. Certainly not where I want to be. At this point in my life, I feel at 164 like I did 2 years ago at 205. So I guess that's progress, right?? Committed to righting the ship.

Gotta go look me up the shivering turkey emoticon!

No dogs here, just a needy rescue cat. He's on a lifestyle change, too, poor cat. These indoor cats just don't get enough activity. He is a large cat to begin with, and was trim when we got him at 12 pounds. He went up to a high of 17.2 (!!), and I've got him back down to 15.4 or so. It's so slow going, and I hate that food manufacturers don't list calorie counts.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #23  
Heidi

Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Ours is a cocker spaniel mix, just as challenging as far as training, we think he has some hound mixed in as he likes to howl sometimes...we call him crazy dog or flippy dog all the time, like you say, we love him, so he's staying. I guess you've tried closing off some of the space, since she's so small...
I bought the smallest crate they had...but then i realized it looks small to me but is probably still too big for her...so this morning i put in the insert to make it smaller....thank goodness she pooped OUTSIDE the crate this morning on the wee wee pad....shows me there's hope.....
Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #25  

NEwleAF all those turkeys made me giggle.......you would think we all had too much time on our hands..I know I really don't , i'm trying to learn new choreography. Anyhoo yes, I agree that pets in general don't get enough exercise and its easy to overfeed them. there is weight management dog food, and I"m thinking to myself why is that even necessary? Now do I need to obsess over my dog's weight as well as my own? I read somewhere that chihuahuas have major issues with their legs and joints if they are too heavy so its important not to let them get fat....so now i have one more thing to worry about!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #26  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Nice going, Sum and Zumba! Zumba looks like so much fun; I don't really have access to classes - limited funds and only one vehicle at the moment - so all my workouts are homebound. Someday I should pull up a Youtube of Zumba and try it out.

That pup is sure giving you a workout, Zumba! Crate-training seems like a good idea; everybody needs a space all their own. Hope she starts to think of her crate as a safe place to retreat to and relax.

Heidi, glad to see you here! Good luck with your kitty, that's tough trying to diet your pet. I think pets can have the same problems we do with eating disorders and boredom eating. My sister had a tabby that would eat himself sick, literally, if allowed.

Rennie, your kids do have some big genes there! What sport is your son doing?
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #27  

I'm in for this next challenge. I'm not going to weigh in just yet because I am at peak TOM and that would be cheating.
I'm going big, 12 pounds. Really really need to do it!!
So while I wait for TOM to run it's course I will come up with a plan which will be more diet centered than exercise, since that is where my issues are.

Zumba, congrats on breaking the 150 barrier!

We want to get a new dog but would prefer not to get a puppy. Although I am afraid that our 7 yr old dog will not get along with another dog but maybe she'll be nice to a puppy? We have already been turned down once because Jupie did not get along with the other dog. We met in a park and they were both on leash so I don't think that was very fair. Sometimes it takes some time to establish a relationship. I'm concerned because this is usually an important part of adopting from a shelter or rescue org. Like I said earlier, I am still very emotional about losing our other dog so I am not rushing in to anything and now I'm even more hesitant because of being turned down.

Anyway. 12 pounds, here we go. 2 pounds this week?
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #28  
Heidi

Hi, CatTails. Nice to see you, too.

I had a work event tonight, which was catered by Chipotle. It was on a college campus, so I guess when in Rome, act like a Roman...

So...

B: cappuccino, hot whole grain cereal with mashed banana.
L: salad of arugula, tomato, broccoli, 1/2 avocado, no dressing; whole grain tortilla chips; homemade hummus scooped up with green peppers
S: "green" protein shake (kale, spinach, beet, turnip, pepper, cucumber with vanilla protein powder), handful of nuts
D: 1/2 vegetarian Chipotle burrito, 1 chip (go me!)
S: 1/2 handful of nuts, 4 peanut butter filled pretzels
Old 03-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #29  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Heidi good to see you My husband can wear some 13's but mainly wears a 14. They weren't hard to find in VA but here it's so different. And yes they are quite expensive. I was listening to my cousins and my Aunt talk about how they have to drive to South Boston, VA to get what they want and like. That's plain crazy to me. My Uncle even goes to South Boston to go to the market ... are you serious Those pretzels sound delicious I think I just want peanut butter, yum Heidi which flavor stands out in your smoothie the most?

Marlene, it's just water, that's what I keep telling myself also. We can do this

Zumba do you have any you tube videos you'd like to share? on the scale moving LOL Zumba ... that is not a very professional thing for the trainer to say

Sum, on moving your ticker

Keli, good to see you

Cattails, he plays football, wrestles and now says he wants to try baseball. I asked him tonight if he would try a week without carbs. He said if I pack his lunch daily for him he would, so that's my next thing to do. Find the things that this big picky boy will eat and will hold him until he gets home in the evening. I don't want him to pass out. So maybe I should wait huh?

Hi Apple Blossom

I am down a pound of water to 166. Today was really OP and I got to the gym. Hope tomorrow brings the other 1.4 of water drop
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #30  
Heidi

rennie, oddly enough, nothing really stands out in the shake, although it had a strong flavor. If I put a lime or lemon in, though, that really does stand out. What I did today was juice all the vegetables,pour the juice in the blender,throw in a couple handfuls of pulp/fiber from the juicer, some ice cubes, and some protein powder. Then ran the blender. Kind of time consuming, and kind of messy. But I just hate all the waste from the juicer... And this way it was more filling, and I think the fiber is good for you...