Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 31

Pages : [1] 2 3

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 12:46 PM
There was a great conversation going about the importance of not cheating ( thanks Schenectady!)
Link to previous thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292485-home-100-no-cheat-zone-volume-30-a.html

drd1961
03-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Thanks for referencing that Lisa. I missed it and it is so true!

Fearciuil
03-16-2014, 01:38 PM
From previous thread:
Two full weeks of being 100% OP -I am thrilled!
I have just started my fourth week. I love getting on here and seeing everyone's success. I have lost 13 lbs so far and am only 3.8 away from going under the 300 lb. mark.
Congratulations to both of you! That's great!!

I'll hit two full weeks 100% OP tomorrow night. I'm already thinking ahead to how I'm going to navigate Siblings' birthday next month and stay OP. I might have to skip the family dinner. My own birthday is less of an issue, because then I get to dictate the menu.

1LittleStar
03-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Excited to be re-starting on P1 today. Looking forward to catching up on everyone's news, and meeting all the new 100% folks.

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Excited to be re-starting on P1 today. Looking forward to catching up on everyone's news, and meeting all the new 100% folks.

Welcome back!

1LittleStar
03-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Welcome back!

Thanks Lisa! How have you been?

sapphire83
03-16-2014, 07:17 PM
I made it through my first weekend on IP. I made it through my first holiday - St Pattys Day family dinner as well. I prepped food up to Wednesday and got a cute new salad dish for work.

Ruth Ann
03-16-2014, 07:21 PM
I made it through my first weekend on IP. I made it through my first holiday - St Pattys Day family dinner as well. I prepped food up to Wednesday and got a cute new salad dish for work.

Good job on staying OP sapphire! Prepping ahead always helps - I love being able to grab and go in the morning.

ChipnDip
03-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Took the kids to McD's today for a shamrock shake. I had peppermint tea with stevia and didn't feel like I missed a thing! Stayed 100% OP all weekend. I was perfect until week four when I started testing the waters and then only had a 2 lb loss. Been back 100% ever since.

sapphire83
03-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Good job on staying OP sapphire! Prepping ahead always helps - I love being able to grab and go in the morning.

Thanks. Being prepared was definitely a help this first week and will continue to be.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Welcome back LittleStar!

Just a vent to get this off my chest, then I'm moving on.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday looking at the Crystal Light display. I had 2 coupons, one for the liquid and one for the powders. An older woman was standing next to me and we started talking. I only use the liquid because it's sweetened with sucralose and the woman was looking at the others.

All the sudden she turns to me and says "I don't like using Crystal Light because it has chemicals in it but you're fat so it's better you stick with it because it's sugar free."

I gave her the dirtiest look and walked away...and to think I almost gave her my extra coupon!

Ugh, people are crazy!

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 08:10 PM
IPN- the phrase wth comes to mind. How rude and untrue. Some people have no tact or sense. I am so sorry that you had to deal with her.

Ruth Ann
03-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Welcome back LittleStar!

Just a vent to get this off my chest, then I'm moving on.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday looking at the Crystal Light display. I had 2 coupons, one for the liquid and one for the powders. An older woman was standing next to me and we started talking. I only use the liquid because it's sweetened with sucralose and the woman was looking at the others.

All the sudden she turns to me and says "I don't like using Crystal Light because it has chemicals in it but you're fat so it's better you stick with it because it's sugar free."

I gave her the dirtiest look and walked away...and to think I almost gave her my extra coupon!

Ugh, people are crazy!

OMG! What a b!tch! I really would have been tempted to say something truly nasty. Good job on walking away.

And I'm sorry that happened to you. There is no excuse for someone acting like that. :hug:

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 08:23 PM
IPN
You walked away? You're a better woman than I.
I might be fat, but I can fix that. You cant fix stupid. There would have been an f bomb dropped, as I can be sailor-like. :devil:

Thanks Lisa! How have you been?
Stalled.
Starting back on p1 tomorrow

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks ladies. It feels good to be able to vent then move on.

Lisa: I tend to have a mouth worse than a sailor but I was feeling particularly snarky and decided to take the high road. The phrase "you can't fix stupid" is so necessary in today's world.

Luckily I've only received 4 hurtful comments throughout my journey thus far. It's just ironic that I never received any when I was so overweight but once I improved my looks/health, here they come!

1LittleStar
03-16-2014, 08:38 PM
IPN, that is unbelievable! What an evil person. I'm so sorry that happened to you. There are some bad people out there. I know a comment like that would really bother me. I hope you don't let it get to you.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your stall. Hope P1 can help out. You are certainly persistent and I admire that you aren't giving up!

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
IPN,
Lisa, sorry to hear about your stall. Hope P1 can help out. You are certainly persistent and I admire that you aren't giving up!
I stalled on p1 so took a break. Tried again in January & stayed stalled.

Some medical intervention to deal with out-of-whack systems. Still evaluating adrenals but restarting anyway.

joysh
03-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Turtlemom, rcmjaug, and schenectedy: I commented on your posts this morning and then, 10 minutes later, the thread was closed and a new one was opened. It feels like my comments (which took a little time) were just evaporated. Please look at the end of the last 100% thread. I'm not sure I can copy it to this new thread.

Also - Just wanted to give an update. I'm going into day 6 of my P1 100% reboot. My official WI is on Tuesday afternoon, but I think I've already lost 3 pounds. I"m really excited and feeling good. I think ketosis is kicking in.

Have a great day everyone!

And Idealproteinnewbie, just shine her on. You did well to walk away. She must not feel very good about herself or she would not have said that. And YOU know that you are on the right path. Be thankful and move on, as you said. We're all with you!

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Turtlemom, rcmjaug, and schenectedy: I commented on your posts this morning and then, 10 minutes later, the thread was closed and a new one was opened. It feels like my comments (which took a little time) were just evaporated. Please look at the end of the last 100% thread. I'm not sure I can copy it to this new thread.

Also - Just wanted to give an update. I'm going into day 6 of my P1 100% reboot. My official WI is on Tuesday afternoon, but I think I've already lost 3 pounds. I"m really excited and feeling good. I think ketosis is kicking in.

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you for your kind words and support! It is a good thing I started my Portable Pep Talk -temptation hit whilst fixing DD's lunch yesterday :p

Keep up the great 100% work -I just know you will be pleased with your efforts when you step on the scale tomorrow!

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Joysh
Sorry you felt evaporated. You can always cut/paste.

I knew it was a good discussion so I purposely linked the thread. We'd gone so far over 500 we were in danger of admin closing the thread abruptly. There would have been no link back had that happened. I'm surprised they hadn't already jumped in with their warning.

I guess just like starting a diet, there's no good time to close an active thread!

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Good morning!

I was so stressed yesterday with a bunch of stuff going on that I suddenly had the urge to stuff my face with just any available food. I hadn't had that urge in a long time and it made me realize that I'm going to have to pay attention forever to those feelings. Eating my feelings never helped in the past - just made me mad at myself - and there's no reason to think it will ever help in the future.

I did good though - did 20 minutes on the treadmill followed by a nice hot shower and I felt calmed down and more in control. Just disconcerting to still be having that urge.

joysh
03-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Joysh
I guess just like starting a diet, there's no good time to close an active thread!

So true, Lisa! :)

Have a great day!

drd1961
03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Good morning!

I was so stressed yesterday with a bunch of stuff going on that I suddenly had the urge to stuff my face with just any available food. I hadn't had that urge in a long time and it made me realize that I'm going to have to pay attention forever to those feelings. Eating my feelings never helped in the past - just made me mad at myself - and there's no reason to think it will ever help in the future.

I did good though - did 20 minutes on the treadmill followed by a nice hot shower and I felt calmed down and more in control. Just disconcerting to still be having that urge.

Yep, it is always there isn't it. Sounds like you handled it well, big :cheer3: for you!

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Yep, it is always there isn't it. Sounds like you handled it well, big :cheer3: for you!

Thanks drd - I was pretty pleased that I didn't do what I wanted! You know, just when I think I've got it all figured out I get these little reminders that I am always going to have to think about what I'm eating and why I'm eating. Just glad I'm learning it now.

tabletop1234
03-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Good morning!

Ruth Ann,
Great job taking charge of that urge! There will always be temptations and urges but we have to take control of them, and you managed it in an amazing way! You should be really proud of yourself. Don't let your hard work go to waste. I had a bug urge to cheat yesterday. For some reason, chocolate seemed to be amazing. But I took the advice someone gave me on the forum, brushed my teeth, and then went shopping to get my mind off of it. Was able to keep myself from cheating. Find what works for you and stick to it. You did awesome by not stuffing yourself because you would for sure regret it today.

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Tabletop - good job for you too! I think the more we practice not eating for the wrong reasons the better we get at recognizing it for what it is and finding something else to do. Shopping is always good - even if you don't buy anything! Just trying on smaller clothes always makes me feel good.

schenectady
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Good morning!

I think this is the first time I can remember you having posted about this issue. Makes me realize you really ARE human and not completely a wonder woman! Proud that you responded so well, though.

The realization has hit me that I will NEVER be free of those feelings that lead to food. You are so right that we shall forever have to listen to our emotions and quick plan how to sidetrack the historical response of turning to food.

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks schenectady but I am FAR from a wonder woman! I still struggle with with not going back to old behaviors and staying 100% has not always been easy. I just have a lot of motivation and promised myself when I started that I would do this right. I figured the only person I would let down with cheating would be me and I'm way too important to let down.

Everyone here has helped tremendously - their honesty about their struggles and support has made everything so much easier on me. Having a place to turn to where people really "get it" has been an invaluable tool for me.

drd1961
03-17-2014, 12:09 PM
OK, time to talk to people I don't know and do a TV promo. This is the hard part of this I think!

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Good luck drd and boy do you look gorgeous!

drd1961
03-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Good luck drd and boy do you look gorgeous!

Like! I do feel pretty good!

Hawaii69
03-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I am loving all the updated pics of everyone! You all look great!

lotta
03-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Good job, Ruth Ann! I always say that I want to curl up with a pizza when I have those feelings.

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Drd
Beautiful pic!

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Way to go Ruth Ann! Exercising seems like such a smart response to stress - this way not only are you NOT eating food you probably don't need, you are giving your body a "happy feelings" boost. Now I wonder why I don't have something physical to do when I am stressed out & wanting to eat. Hmmmm, I don't have a treadmill, maybe I could do push ups and squats instead.....

At any rate, thank you for making me think!

MsGracie
03-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Way to go Ruth Ann! Exercising seems like such a smart response to stress - this way not only are you NOT eating food you probably don't need, you are giving your body a "happy feelings" boost. Now I wonder why I don't have something physical to do when I am stressed out & wanting to eat. Hmmmm, I don't have a treadmill, maybe I could do push ups and squats instead.....

At any rate, thank you for making me think!

I use those "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs at home. They are very low impact and you don't need much room!

I am hoping to hang out here if that is OK? I am pretty new and I need to do this 100%. It is my first time and I want to make it work!!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Of course MsGracie!

Welcome, we're a fun, determined and successful group (because we stay 100%)!

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I use those "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs at home. They are very low impact and you don't need much room!

I am hoping to hang out here if that is OK? I am pretty new and I need to do this 100%. It is my first time and I want to make it work!!

That's what I did! Hung with the people where I saw the most success (I lurked 6 weeks before starting)

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice words! It did feel pretty good to "slay the dragon"! Of course, in times past I would have slain him and then eaten him!

And welcome MsGracie - you'll love it here!

PurpleMomster
03-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice words! It did feel pretty good to "slay the dragon"! Of course, in times past I would have slain him and then eaten him!

And welcome MsGracie - you'll love it here!

<snort> Ruth Ann - you almost owed me a new laptop after reading that "eaten him" comment! :D

Jo

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Oh no! Is dragon not OP?

1LittleStar
03-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Oh no! Is dragon not OP?

8oz, weighed raw... :D

PurpleMomster
03-17-2014, 09:44 PM
8oz, weighed raw... :D

And de-scaled!

Jo

catlady1981
03-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Today is day 20 of P1 and I have been OP 100% the whole time. I'm determined that this will work for me. I've seen it work for all of you. I can do this.

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 10:41 PM
LOL at you guys! I don't see dragon on my P1 sheet - did they change it again?

catlady - you CAN do this! Just don't eat any dragon!

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Today is day 20 of P1 and I have been OP 100% the whole time. I'm determined that this will work for me. I've seen it work for all of you. I can do this.

Yes you can and you will!

TurtleMom
03-18-2014, 06:34 AM
LOL at you guys! I don't see dragon on my P1 sheet - did they change it again?

catlady - you CAN do this! Just don't eat any dragon!

I'm waiting till I'm on maintenance to eat dragon -it just isn't any good unless you can slather it in BBQ sauce.

I have a bunch of Walk Away the Pounds DVDs! The sad thing is that I don't have a functioning DVD player :p I figured at least the squats & push ups can be done anywhere. My students would find it VERY entertaining to see me suddenly start doing push ups. They would then join me, and I would start laughing hysterically (because have you ever seen a preschooler do push ups?) The hysterical laughter would distract me enough that I would forget what I was wanting to stuff in my face -mission accomplished! Quite the plan, eh? :D

Welcome aboard MsGracie!

TurtleMom
03-18-2014, 06:43 AM

As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” So keep on thinking that you can, and you'll be right!

I'm on day 19 of P1, so I'll be thinking I can right along with you :)

MsGracie
03-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks so much everyone!

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Yeah turtlemom, it just doesn't taste the same with WF!

Sounds like you have fun with the pre-schoolers, they are so much fun at that age!

And I love that quote - I have it on my fridge. People can pretty much make up their minds to do or not do anything they want. I have no doubt that whatever they decide, that's pretty much how things will turn out. I think it takes a constant reminder to ourselves that we are choosing to improve our health and to stay faithful to that decision.

sunflwr816
03-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Morning all!
I've been lurking on the 100% board for a while, and typically post on the dailies. This Friday will mark 6 weeks since I've been on IP and eating 100%. I am so close to being 10 pounds down and I know no other diet would work for me the way this has. Some days are harder than others and the temptation to fall back into old habits will always be there, but I'm so committed to getting to my goal weight. Happy to have the support and guidance of these boards!

wildirishrose
03-18-2014, 10:04 AM
I've been on IP for 5 weeks, 100% the entire time....There have been many days were I have wanted so bad to just have 1 little bite of "x" but I've resisted and I am down 23 lbs. Wow!! I rely on this forum completely it gives me motivation when I'm ready to throw in the towel and I wouldn't be able to do it without ya'll!!

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Morning all!
I've been lurking on the 100% board for a while, and typically post on the dailies. This Friday will mark 6 weeks since I've been on IP and eating 100%. I am so close to being 10 pounds down and I know no other diet would work for me the way this has. Some days are harder than others and the temptation to fall back into old habits will always be there, but I'm so committed to getting to my goal weight. Happy to have the support and guidance of these boards!

I've been on IP for 5 weeks, 100% the entire time....There have been many days were I have wanted so bad to just have 1 little bite of "x" but I've resisted and I am down 23 lbs. Wow!! I rely on this forum completely it gives me motivation when I'm ready to throw in the towel and I wouldn't be able to do it without ya'll!!

Welcome to both of you and congrats on the great losses and staying 100%!

You are both right - some days are harder than others and motivation runs low. Those are the days I read the board, try on my "smaller" pile of clothes, look at my progress pics - I can usually find some spare motivation in one of those!

karkrazy13
03-18-2014, 12:26 PM

That's awesome!! :congrat:

This is my third week, and I've lost 10 lbs so far... I hope I can lose 10 more in the next 2 weeks!! :carrot:

murphypuppy
03-18-2014, 12:28 PM
That's awesome!!!! I agree, this forum has been a lifesaver - I love looking at the posts and seeing everyone being so successful with their weight loss goals. I definitely helps me stay strong and resist temptations!

ems70508
03-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Oh no! Is dragon not OP?

had a good laugh at this. yall are great!

catlady1981
03-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes you can and you will!

As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” So keep on thinking that you can, and you'll be right!

I'm on day 19 of P1, so I'll be thinking I can right along with you :)

had a good laugh at this. yall are great!

I have learned so much from this forum and really appreciate all the support I have received. Thank ya'll so much.

I too will save my dragon munching for maintenance, maybe while watching an episode of Game of Thrones.:dizzy:

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 01:55 PM
It gets easier everytime you build the "willpower muscle"
Ketosis helps with the willpower, as well.
Congrats on your success so far :)

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Today is 30 days, no cheating... I have had some seriously close moments, I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend, and yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug but thanks to a lot of support from this site and all of these wonderful people I think I'm going to survive and be 100% still. It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal.

eandc2006
03-18-2014, 02:17 PM
YAY AmberLS...glad to hear you stayed OP over the weekend!

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm waiting till I'm on maintenance to eat dragon -it just isn't any good unless you can slather it in BBQ sauce.

I have a bunch of Walk Away the Pounds DVDs! The sad thing is that I don't have a functioning DVD player :p I figured at least the squats & push ups can be done anywhere. My students would find it VERY entertaining to see me suddenly start doing push ups. They would then join me, and I would start laughing hysterically (because have you ever seen a preschooler do push ups?) The hysterical laughter would distract me enough that I would forget what I was wanting to stuff in my face -mission accomplished! Quite the plan, eh? :D

Welcome aboard MsGracie!

LOL I love preschool push ups! I have 27 little ones (three classes) and we have lot's of fun with silly things like push ups, plus my 2 little ones at home do push ups when they say "I can't" but no matter how funny they are they are still better at it than me at this point, lol but yoga and planking is helping. :D

wildirishrose
03-18-2014, 02:41 PM
I have to vent for a moment...

I was at work the other day and a lady I know came up to say Hi and asked if all that I had done was take sugar out of my diet and I kind of explained it to her a little more and she says "you should put your daughter on that diet" *big breath* My daughter is NINE. She will have a weight problem because that lucky little girl inherited my genes BUT this diet is NOT for a child and I just felt that she was SO rude. This lady is defiantly an EGR (Extra Grace Required) individual and this happened a few days ago and I usually do not hang onto stuff like this, it is just really irritating me!

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 03:41 PM

I was at work the other day and a lady I know came up to say Hi and asked if all that I had done was take sugar out of my diet and I kind of explained it to her a little more and she says "you should put your daughter on that diet" *big breath* My daughter is NINE. She will have a weight problem because that lucky little girl inherited my genes BUT this diet is NOT for a child and I just felt that she was SO rude. This lady is defiantly an EGR (Extra Grace Required) individual and this happened a few days ago and I usually do not hang onto stuff like this, it is just really irritating me!

I don't think I would have handled that gracefully so kudos to you! I would have bit her head off for talking about my child like that!

eandc2006
03-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Whoa. I would have been arrested!

lisa32989
03-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Today is 30 days, no cheating... I have had some seriously close moments, I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend, and yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug but thanks to a lot of support from this site and all of these wonderful people I think I'm going to survive and be 100% still. It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal.

So much of it is in the mindset
When we tell ourselves it is not easy or it is hard, we experience it differently than when we look at it as easier or something we can do! When we say things like "I hope I can" we allow the mind to consider failure as an option.

I love Yoda: Do or do not. There is no try.

I know I harp on it a lot but it is because the positiveness is important to our well being and to our success!

So, if you'll allow me to use your statements above, reframe/state in the positive. (not picking on you, per se, just borrowing your post. Thanks in advance)

Instead of "I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend"
say: I faced the weekend challenge with strength and courage and made it through 100%

Instead of "yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug"
say: The stomach bug is another hurdle but I've made it this far, I'm not going to let the stomach bug stop me.

Instead of " I think I'm going to survive"
Say: I will survive.

Instead of "It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal"
Say: It is all easier than I thought it would be!

The words we use in our own head & the way we talk to ourselves are a huge part of our success! Congrats on your 30 days 100% OP (stated positively!)

TurtleMom
03-18-2014, 08:24 PM
LOL I love preschool push ups! I have 27 little ones (three classes) and we have lot's of fun with silly things like push ups, plus my 2 little ones at home do push ups when they say "I can't" but no matter how funny they are they are still better at it than me at this point, lol but yoga and planking is helping. :D

Don't forget the jumping jacks! I quickly learned how to dodge those flailing limbs when they try them. Do you do yoga with your kids? Mine love it (both personal & professional kids). I keep telling myself we should do it more often.

Whatwhatwhat? I would not have been graceful about that interaction!

joysh
03-18-2014, 08:36 PM

Yes, you can! Congrats to being 20 days on P1 100%! :cheer2:

!...I am hoping to hang out here if that is OK? I am pretty new and I need to do this 100%. It is my first time and I want to make it work!!

Welcome! MsGracie!

I'm waiting till I'm on maintenance to eat dragon -it just isn't any good unless you can slather it in BBQ sauce.!

Haha!

Today is 30 days, no cheating... I have had some seriously close moments,...thanks to a lot of support from this site and all of these wonderful people I think I'm going to survive and be 100% still. It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal.

Awesome, Amber!!:cheer:

I agree, Lisa! It's all in our perspective! I'm completely enjoying my reboot time on P1. The good news is that it's temporary. But I really enjoying eating my broc and cheese soup with sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and red peppers. Yummy! And enjoying all of my P1 foods. We are so lucky to have these tools!

Today was my first official WI with the coach. I'm down 5 pounds! I moved my goal to 120, so I've got 9 more to lose. I guess I had more than 10. So glad I caught it when I did! :)

maureen kempster
03-18-2014, 08:38 PM
good evening all

just popping in to say hi and read up on what's happening - you're all such an inspiration - I'm finishing off day #52 and I've been on it 100% - for me that's the only way I can go on this - I've been losing a little over 2 lbs a week and I feel great - I just wanted to come by and say thank you all for being here.

we can do this we're worth it

maureen

ChipnDip
03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
My usual weigh in is tmo but I can't go. Since my clinic is in my doc's office there are no nights open this week. I didn't think it would matter but it really does. I've been 100% OP but my scale at home hasn't even budged a whole pound! I get it for those with little to lose but I have LOTS to go. This is a lot of money to spend and not feel success. The only body part I see shrinking are my boobs!:(

Does it ever go slow and then all of a sudden go big? Last week was only 2 lbs too. Tomorrow will be five weeks. I've given up my cleaning lady for this!

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 09:44 PM
ChipnDip - (cute name!) If I'm reading your stats correctly you've lost 22 lbs in five weeks which averages out to about 4.5 lbs a week. That is an awesome loss! Remember, when you weigh in it's just a snapshot of that particular moment and so many things can effect the scale. TOM, water weight, etc., etc.

And yes, I have times where I stay static for a week or two and then, boom, I drop a bunch. You've had a large loss in the last few weeks, sometimes it takes your body a bit to catch up. Just hang in there, stay 100% OP and the weight will come off.

JLUS
03-18-2014, 09:45 PM
My usual weigh in is tmo but I can't go. Since my clinic is in my doc's office there are no nights open this week. I didn't think it would matter but it really does. I've been 100% OP but my scale at home hasn't even budged a whole pound! I get it for those with little to lose but I have LOTS to go. This is a lot of money to spend and not feel success. The only body part I see shrinking are my boobs!:(

Does it ever go slow and then all of a sudden go big? Last week was only 2 lbs too. Tomorrow will be five weeks. I've given up my cleaning lady for this!

Weeks four and/or five are pretty notorious for a slow down or zero loss.. your body has gone through a major change for several weeks and needs time to adjust itself. Often when the pound losses slow or stop, you are instead losing inches. Has your coach been weighing you?

Do your clothes feel looser? Your face look thinner? Energy better? Less aches? ETC ETC... Often there are subtle things happening on non-loss weeks but we get so focused on the number on the scale we forget to look for other happenings?

IF you are 100% OP then you can be assured the losses will pick up, and maybe even have a whoosh in your near future!!

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Weeks four and/or five are pretty notorious for a slow down or zero loss.. your body has gone through a major change for several weeks and needs time to adjust itself. Often when the pound losses slow or stop, you are instead losing inches. Has your coach been weighing you?

Do your clothes feel looser? Your face look thinner? Energy better? Less aches? ETC ETC... Often there are subtle things happening on non-loss weeks but we get so focused on the number on the scale we forget to look for other happenings?

IF you are 100% OP then you can be assured the losses will pick up, and maybe even have a whoosh in your near future!!

And what she said! :D

You always give the best answers! You are awesome! :hug:

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 10:02 PM
So much of it is in the mindset
When we tell ourselves it is not easy or it is hard, we experience it differently than when we look at it as easier or something we can do! When we say things like "I hope I can" we allow the mind to consider failure as an option.

I love Yoda: Do or do not. There is no try.

I know I harp on it a lot but it is because the positiveness is important to our well being and to our success!

So, if you'll allow me to use your statements above, reframe/state in the positive. (not picking on you, per se, just borrowing your post. Thanks in advance)

Instead of "I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend"
say: I faced the weekend challenge with strength and courage and made it through 100%

Instead of "yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug"
say: The stomach bug is another hurdle but I've made it this far, I'm not going to let the stomach bug stop me.

Instead of " I think I'm going to survive"
Say: I will survive.

Instead of "It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal"
Say: It is all easier than I thought it would be!

The words we use in our own head & the way we talk to ourselves are a huge part of our success! Congrats on your 30 days 100% OP (stated positively!)

You're absolutely right! :)

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=TurtleMom;4966043]Don't forget the jumping jacks! I quickly learned how to dodge those flailing limbs when they try them. Do you do yoga with your kids? Mine love it (both personal & professional kids). I keep telling myself we should do it more often.

we do yoga as a warm up before any really hard work, it's part of our brain gym. I work at a developmental preschool so lot's of kiddo's with IEP's

AmberLS
03-18-2014, 10:07 PM

I am just starting my fifth week, last week I lost two lbs, and this week the scale isn't moving much, I have been sick so we'll see but it seems common. I understand feeling frustrated, but I agree you need to look at the whole picture, 23lbs in 5 weeks is great!
:hug:

1102go
03-18-2014, 10:39 PM

Thank you for your post! It is really easy (and dangerous) to get caught up in the # on the scale. But how can we help it when we (well, some of us) have so much weight to lose? I find your post so encouraging. Thanks again for sharing.

JLUS
03-18-2014, 10:50 PM

Thanks! We are all a great TEAM here as well as cheerleaders for ourselves and others...

GO TEAM IP!!!:cheer3::broc::cheer::carrot::cp::cheer2::cp: :dancer::cheers::woohoo:cheer3:

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Thank you for your post! It is really easy (and dangerous) to get caught up in the # on the scale. But how can we help it when we (well, some of us) have so much weight to lose? I find your post so encouraging. Thanks again for sharing.

It is hard to not get caught up in that number but I have learned and keep reminding myself that the scale is only one measure. The fact that I am no longer pre-diabetic, my cholesterol is normal, my blood pressure is normal and all my blood work is across the board normal is a huge victory. The health benefits of losing weight are astounding - it's not just about looking good although I have to admit I like that too!

Thanks! We are all a great TEAM here as well as cheerleaders for ourselves and others...

GO TEAM IP!!!:cheer3::broc::cheer::carrot::cp::cheer2::cp: :dancer::cheers::woohoo:cheer3:

Yeah TEAM IP! We ROCK! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

GetHealthy
03-18-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm very new here. May I ask what is P1?

Ruth Ann
03-18-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm very new here. May I ask what is P1?

Welcome and P1 is Phase 1 of the Ideal Protein Diet.

drd1961
03-19-2014, 05:02 AM
[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4966167]It is hard to not get caught up in that number but I have learned and keep reminding myself that the scale is only one measure. The fact that I am no longer pre-diabetic, my cholesterol is normal, my blood pressure is normal and all my blood work is across the board normal is a huge victory. The health benefits of losing weight are astounding - it's not just about looking good although I have to admit I like that too!

Oh like, like, like, like. When I had a recent blood panel done, the numbers were so great. For me, cholesterol and blood sugar have not been a problem, but there are some numbers for Graves disease that were perfect. Also, my blood pressure had been creeping up and now it is perfect. My husband's was getting really high and since he started taking my advise on processed sugars, he has lost weight and the bp has gone down. My latest victory with him is convincing him to have a bit of protein in the morning. As a non breakfast eater, he finds that very hard.

RosiePosie101
03-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Morning Everyone! Had my WI yesterday and left behind another 2 lbs with the coach! Such a great feeling to know that staying 100% OP is having results.

It's my birthday soon and I was hesitant about going out for dinner on my birthday. I didn't want to have to deal with the pressure of turning down drinks etc but my very supportive friends mentioned the fabulous steak restaurant here and how I can order extra veggies and still stay on track. So I've decided to do that with just a few close friends this weekend. I have great friends!! And that piece of birthday cake will still be around next year. Haven't heard anything about cake going on the endangered list!!

TurtleMom
03-19-2014, 07:15 AM

Great teams have great leaders -thanks for being such good role models :bravo:

Morning Everyone! Had my WI yesterday and left behind another 2 lbs with the coach! Such a great feeling to know that staying 100% OP is having results.

It's my birthday soon and I was hesitant about going out for dinner on my birthday. I didn't want to have to deal with the pressure of turning down drinks etc but my very supportive friends mentioned the fabulous steak restaurant here and how I can order extra veggies and still stay on track. So I've decided to do that with just a few close friends this weekend. I have great friends!! And that piece of birthday cake will still be around next year. Haven't heard anything about cake going on the endangered list!!

Congratulations! I say celebrate by sticking your candles in your steak. It takes a very special person to have a steak-cake for a birthday :D

we do yoga as a warm up before any really hard work, it's part of our brain gym. I work at a developmental preschool so lot's of kiddo's with IEP's

My hat is off to you -that is one TOUGH (yet rewarding) job!

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Good morning! I love coming on here in the morning and getting my daily motivation by reading all the great posts on here!

drd: Congrats on getting dh to eat healthier! And congrats on your blood work! There is a history of heart disease and diabetes in my family so my numbers scared me - it was either lose weight or start taking a large amount of medication. I'm so glad I decided to take control.

RosiePosie - Early Happy Birthday to you! And how great to have supportive friends, you are blessed. Steak houses are great for IP - I've never had a problem ordering in one and you should do great.

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Congratulations! I say celebrate by sticking your candles in your steak. It takes a very special person to have a steak-cake for a birthday :D

That made me laugh! I like the steak-cake idea!

ColoradoCarol
03-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Today is WI day. Hoping the "whoosh fairy" comes and brings me a good loss (I would be happy with 3). I took my coaches suggestion last week and ate AT LEAST 4 cups of lettuce per day. (I think it was closer to 8 which she really wanted). I put them in a shake which helps. I didn't get the daily walk in - just too busy at work and then when I get home - too tired.

I also only ate two restricted last week (they didn't suggest that, I just tried on my own).

If this lettuce thing works, I will be doing that more consistently. Clinic director (even from the "introductory seminar") has always said that lettuce (particularly romaine) is essential.

Happy Wednesday. Now I got to get back to work. (Could the whoosh fairy come and take some of my work? :D)

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Some weeks are just gonna be slow and some weeks are gonna be faster.
Look at Ruth Ann. She had a big week just recently after some very slow ones. With no major changes.

Adding salad and having the scale change (or not) in one week still doesn't really prove the salad caused it (or didn't). Because there can be equally slow weeks with lettuce. Some people lose steadily and some lose by fits an starts. It is the (frustrating!) nature of weight loss.

Do I think adding the lettuce is a good thing? Yup!
Do I wish the whoosh fairy for you? Yup!
Am I glad we're all making healthier decisions? Yup!
Am I trying to deter you in any way? No way!

The salad is a nice addition b/c it adds bulk, keeps the pipes running smoother, and helps with hunger. (wow, 8 cups...really?...wow! I thought I was doing good with 4)

We'll all hang together and continue down the path of health and try to stay sane while doing so!
I wonder if this stuff attracts the whoosh fairy?
:dust:

ems70508
03-19-2014, 09:39 AM
you could graze like a cow all day on 8 cups of lettuce! That's crazy! But I have noticed a difference in my 'pipes' since adding lettuce more often. Most of my meals (warm or cold) are served on a big bed of romain/mixed field greens. I think what you're doing is a great idea, Carol!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 09:58 AM
you could graze like a cow all day on 8 cups of lettuce! That's crazy!
But don't eat grass! Look how big cows are!
:rofl:

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 11:16 AM
But don't eat grass! Look how big cows are!

I don't see grass on the P1 sheet! Must have a lot of carbs!

I eat lettuce every afternoon during the week (don't do so good on it on the weekends) and it does help. But 8 cups is a LOT of lettuce.

And Lisa is absolutely right. Some weeks losses are huge, some are small, some are non-existent. But if you look at it over time it's truly amazing. I'm just shy of 11 months and have lost 112 pounds - that's better than 10 pounds a month and that's including having 2 surgeries during that 11 months. I don't know of any other diet I could get such consistent losses from.

ColoradoCarol
03-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Some weeks are just gonna be slow and some weeks are gonna be faster.
Look at Ruth Ann. She had a big week just recently after some very slow ones. With no major changes.

Adding salad and having the scale change (or not) in one week still doesn't really prove the salad caused it (or didn't). Because there can be equally slow weeks with lettuce. Some people lose steadily and some lose by fits an starts. It is the (frustrating!) nature of weight loss.

Do I think adding the lettuce is a good thing? Yup!
Do I wish the whoosh fairy for you? Yup!
Am I glad we're all making healthier decisions? Yup!
Am I trying to deter you in any way? No way!

The salad is a nice addition b/c it adds bulk, keeps the pipes running smoother, and helps with hunger. (wow, 8 cups...really?...wow! I thought I was doing good with 4)

We'll all hang together and continue down the path of health and try to stay sane while doing so!
I wonder if this stuff attracts the whoosh fairy?
:dust:

Lisa, I have developed a pattern a better week (like 3 pounds) then 2 weeks of small losses. Some weeks no change at all, even inches. It was their suggestion that I commit to eat the additional lettuce - long term. I did it before and it helped. The losses have slowed down considerably since Jan 1, although I am 100% OP. Losses since Christmas is about 15lbs. Coaches know I am frustrated and they are trying to help.

8 cups mixed into 2 shakes. I think it is 8 cups - it's two bags per day.

you could graze like a cow all day on 8 cups of lettuce! That's crazy! But I have noticed a difference in my 'pipes' since adding lettuce more often. Most of my meals (warm or cold) are served on a big bed of romain/mixed field greens. I think what you're doing is a great idea, Carol!

I have a continual problem with my pipes, have for most of my life, but past week has been a bit better.

I don't see grass on the P1 sheet! Must have a lot of carbs!

I eat lettuce every afternoon during the week (don't do so good on it on the weekends) and it does help. But 8 cups is a LOT of lettuce.

And Lisa is absolutely right. Some weeks losses are huge, some are small, some are non-existent. But if you look at it over time it's truly amazing. I'm just shy of 11 months and have lost 112 pounds - that's better than 10 pounds a month and that's including having 2 surgeries during that 11 months. I don't know of any other diet I could get such consistent losses from.

Thanks Ruth Ann. I have been much more successful on IP than any other thing I have tried. Even lap band surgery. I am at my lowest weight, if I recall, since my 30's.

Ruth Ann, EMS and Lisa - I don't eat the lettuce as a salad - it is put in shakes (in the blender). There is NO WAY I could eat 8 cups per day.

catlady1981
03-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Joysh: Congrats on your loss!:cp:

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Ruth Ann, EMS and Lisa - I don't eat the lettuce as a salad - it is put in shakes (in the blender). There is NO WAY I could eat 8 cups per day.

Okay, that makes more sense! I was trying to imagine eating 8 cups a day and having a really hard time with figuring out you would do it.

ems70508
03-19-2014, 02:30 PM
I wish I could do the greens in the shakes! I've tried! I used to do green smoothies but covered it up with bananas and peaches. ah well, something to think about for maintenance.

ColoradoCarol
03-19-2014, 02:36 PM
I wish I could do the greens in the shakes! I've tried! I used to do green smoothies but covered it up with bananas and peaches. ah well, something to think about for maintenance.

I use romaine which doesn't have much taste, use the wildberry yogurt drink and my coach suggested to use a serving of the WF marshmallow dip. It works really well. I don't get much lettuce taste at all.

I couldn't do it if it tasted like the lawn.

ems70508
03-19-2014, 02:40 PM
I use romaine which doesn't have much taste, use the wildberry yogurt drink and my coach suggested to use a serving of the WF marshmallow dip. It works really well. I don't get much lettuce taste at all.

DON'T EAT THE LAWN! I HEAR IT'S HIGH IN CARBS!

On a serious note, I'll pick up a wildberry drink tonight at WI!

wantanewme
03-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone.
This morning I had my first weigh in since restarting IP and in down 6 pounds and 4.5 inches. So glad I decided to commit to this diet again.

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 03:28 PM

Okay Carol, tell us - how do you know what the lawn tastes like??? :D

DON'T EAT THE LAWN! I HEAR IT'S HIGH IN CARBS!

Hi everyone.
This morning I had my first weigh in since restarting IP and in down 6 pounds and 4.5 inches. So glad I decided to commit to this diet again.

Congrats to you! That is a great start!

Annik
03-19-2014, 03:52 PM

When you stick to the protocol, it works! O my goodness it works!
Big cheering squad here for you!

Love, Annik

....currently exploring the low carb side of Rome! Can it be done? So far, so good!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM
When you stick to the protocol, it works! O my goodness it works!
And it doesn't taste like the lawn (or at least what I imagine the lawn tastes like after smelling fresh cut grass)

ColoradoCarol
03-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Back from WI - lost 1.8 pounds and 1.5 inches. Hooray. That is1.8 lbs. closer to my goal. I am trying to turn a more positive tone/attitude. I have had incredible success (if I don't say so myself :dizzy:), weight comes off slower the closer you get to goal, continue to stay 100% OP and it WILL come off; focus more on NSV's, I am under 200 for the first time in probably 10+ years. My mom would be so proud of me (I lost my dad in 98 I was 30 and my mom in 2001); I am acquiring the tools to to change my relationship with food and to keep the lbs off for good; know that I will always have to be mindful of my behaviors (can't go back to pre IP habits).

I need to remind myself of these things so I can make it down the home stretch.

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Way to be positive!
It attracts more positivity! :hug:

ColoradoCarol
03-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Way to be positive!
It attracts more positivity! :hug:

Thanks Lisa. I am trying. Work has been incredibly stressful and negative lately - I try not to let it spill over, but sometimes it does. I need to remind myself of the positives I pointed out.

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks Lisa. I am trying. Work has been incredibly stressful and negative lately - I try not to let it spill over, but sometimes it does. I need to remind myself of the positives I pointed out.
My work is a VERY negative place (sad, as I work in a school building). But I do not have to carry the negativity of others around with me all day. They are not going to dull my shine

ChipnDip
03-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the support yesterday everyone. We do need to look at the average over the weeks but I did get spoiled with those big numbers! It is amazing how my outlook always changes after dinner too. I must just need meat to think clearly!

1LittleStar
03-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I am on day 4 of my reboot, and on day 2 of my business trip. This might go into the category of 'what was I thinking'???? But, it's ok. I'm OP, making good choices, no one is noticing or caring that I'm not joining into the food festivities. Doing my own thing and it's working. Feeling better today, hoping the headache is completely gone in the morning.

The lettuce conversation is making me laugh. For lunch, the only thing I could eat (other than my pudding) was lettuce. A big pile of lettuce on my plate. And for dinner, I ordered a wedge salad with my steak and veggies. Basically a quarter of a head of iceberg lettuce, with a few pieces of tomato! I don't think I've ever had so much lettuce in one day in my life. And I think it was maybe 4 cups! The idea of 8 was crazy, until I read that it was in a smoothie. I would be regular for a week!

Ruth Ann
03-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Carol - you have such a great attitude! I'm sorry you're going through so much stress, but it's awesome you keep seeing the positives. It's always so uplifting to read your posts.

Lisa - You have so much to be proud of - shine on!!!

ChipnDip - Sometimes we get so caught up in the small details we forget to look at the big picture. Glad you're feeling better - dinner always helps!

1littlestar - Yeah for staying OP! And that is a lot of lettuce, but good for you for making good choices.

Reading tonight gave me a really big lift after a fairly stressful day - thank guys, you all are great!

maureen kempster
03-20-2014, 05:45 AM
good morning all

I've been reading the posts and the lettuce posts are hilarious - but I think I may start putting it in my IP drinks - I need something to make me start going regular - weigh in tomorrow and if I don't lose I'll know why!!!!

have a great day we're worth it

Jenny222
03-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Keep up the good work!

TurtleMom
03-20-2014, 06:29 AM
Dragon, grass, 8 cups of lettuce-is there a secret IP protocol sheet that we newbies don't know about? When you lose a certain amount of weight, do you get the password and learn a special handshake? :high:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Dragon, grass, 8 cups of lettuce-is there a secret IP protocol sheet that we newbies don't know about? When you lose a certain amount of weight, do you get the password and learn a special handshake? :high:

Ruth Ann
03-20-2014, 07:17 AM
good morning all

I've been reading the posts and the lettuce posts are hilarious - but I think I may start putting it in my IP drinks - I need something to make me start going regular - weigh in tomorrow and if I don't lose I'll know why!!!!

have a great day we're worth it

Yeah, not going regularly can really mess with the scale. I'm fortunate I haven't had too many problems in that regard. However, Spring is here and I am apparently allergic to Spring and my allergy medication really seems to make me retain water. And the only cure for that seems to be - drink more water.

:rofl: The initiation is brutal - you have to name all the select veggies from memory and measure 8 oz of protein blindfolded! Then you get the sheet with dragon and grass!

MsGracie
03-20-2014, 07:49 AM

Too cute!!

ColoradoCarol
03-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Carol - you have such a great attitude! I'm sorry you're going through so much stress, but it's awesome you keep seeing the positives. It's always so uplifting to read your posts.

Reading tonight gave me a really big lift after a fairly stressful day - thank guys, you all are great!

Ruth Ann, I don't feel like I have had a very positive attitude lately, work is getting the best of me, and I trying not to let it. Yesterday, after I vented my frustration to my coach (who is a great person and coach) and he basically said (the same thing everyone else here has said) - keep working and it will come off. Then I had a "stern conversation" with myself on the way home and told myself to get over it and focus on the positive. Coach pointed out how far I had come, etc and I have to remember that.

Also, my "Book on CD" of The Beck Diet Solution, came yesterday, so I started listening to it on my 45 minute commute this morning. I think it might help too. Plus this forum is amazing support as well.

Thanks to you all. Happy Thursday (although it is my Friday - taking tomorrow off - need a day away from here!!!)

Ruth Ann
03-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Carol :hug: to you! So hard when everything is stressful! I like your plan to take a 3 day weekend - sometimes you just need a "me" day and to step away from everything. I'm figuring out when I can do that - not this weekend since we're having computer work done Friday and Saturday that I have to be in the office for. Boo!

lisa32989
03-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Ruth Ann, I don't feel like I have had a very positive attitude lately, work is getting the best of me, and I trying not to let it. Yesterday, after I vented my frustration to my coach (who is a great person and coach) and he basically said (the same thing everyone else here has said) - keep working and it will come off. Then I had a "stern conversation" with myself on the way home and told myself to get over it and focus on the positive. Coach pointed out how far I had come, etc and I have to remember that.

Also, my "Book on CD" of The Beck Diet Solution, came yesterday, so I started listening to it on my 45 minute commute this morning. I think it might help too. Plus this forum is amazing support as well.

Thanks to you all. Happy Thursday (although it is my Friday - taking tomorrow off - need a day away from here!!!)
I bought the downloadable Beck Book & put it on my iPhone. It is HUGELY helpful, esp when the negativity at work gets the better of me.

I'm back to "killing them with kindness" after trying to ignore them for a while. Ignoring them just stressed me out more. I know how we feel is all in our own heads and we will do whatever we make up our minds to do.

When I see people cheating or waffling about cheating, I figure this is what they've made up their minds to do. Some can be talked down. Others need to be set free to continue their primrose path. I have no rose colored glasses. This $#** is HARD work and it messes with your mind if you let it. (song lyrics came to me: "take your soul if you let them, but don't you let them").

Carol: You have friends!!!:grouphug: Compadres on the journey.

Hawaii69
03-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone! Its nice to hear of all the success that continues with you all and the positive spirit on this thread! Well, maintenance is going good so far. Its been 5 days. I continue to maintain! That last lb to lose will come, I'm not stressing about it though. I'm so happy to be exercising again! My husband and I joined a gym and it feels good to move! But, my poor body has been sore, its getting better though. Every day is about making the right choices and not eating out of boredom or mindlessly. IP has taught me how to make good choices and look after my body with healthy food. Its great!

TurtleMom
03-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Happy First Day of Spring!

Sadly, the tummy flu hit my classroom (in a most spectacular fashion). I was grateful to have a spare pair of shoes on hand to change into, but did not need a spare set of clothes :p

Pre IP, I would have come home and wipe the memories of the day with a glass (or two of wine). BUT I'M NOT EVEN TEMPTED! Staying strong, 100%. Instead, I'm enjoying a sparkling water, and will switch to an herbal tea after dinner.

But I just may try a bite of grass -it is finally beginning to turn green :D

vtcowgirl
03-20-2014, 07:41 PM
I had to laugh at the grass comments.... I visited a friend in Texas a few years ago who suffers from candida and every day we went to a juice bar where she bought a shot of wheat grass. She talked me into trying it, and I have to say it tasted exactly like your lawn smells right after mowing it! I don't know how she does it!

Ruth Ann
03-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Hawaii - glad to hear maintenance it going well! yeah, it does hurt when you first get back at exercise - I told my PT guy yesterday that he likes his job just a little too much!

TurtleMom - that does not sound like fun. Good for you for staying OP! I really think it's days like that when we still stay 100% that show us just how strong we are. If we can stay OP through some really stressful situations, then the next bad situation to come our way doesn't look so daunting.

Be sure your grass is 0/0/0 before grazing!

vtcowgirl - I've smelled that stuff and don't know how people do it either. I guess not breathing while drinking?

MsGracie
03-21-2014, 07:48 AM

Hoping you have a great long weekend! :hug:

MsGracie
03-21-2014, 07:54 AM
When I see people cheating or waffling about cheating, I figure this is what they've made up their minds to do. Some can be talked down. Others need to be set free to continue their primrose path. I have no rose colored glasses. This $#** is HARD work and it messes with your mind if you let it. (song lyrics came to me: "take your soul if you let them, but don't you let them").

That is what brought me here. It is difficult enough to do this and I try to skip over the justifications for cheating. I know if I fall off, I won't ever get back on. That's just me - everyone is different. :grouphug:

Ruth Ann
03-21-2014, 08:01 AM
That is what brought me here. It is difficult enough to do this and I try to skip over the justifications for cheating. I know if I fail off, I won't ever get back on. That's just me - everyone is different. :grouphug:

That's me too MsGracie - I know how to cheat on a diet, I'm really good at it! :D When I started IP I just made up my mind that I was staying on the straight and narrow until I was done. Everything I am not eating right now will still be there when I am in maintenance and the taste isn't going to change while I'm on IP.

Hawaii69
03-21-2014, 09:33 AM
What I love about this diet is not only did I lose weight, but it helped me to realize how bad food affects me. Not only causing me to be overweight but my thinking, emotions and energy to do life. Sometimes during the day I'll be busy doing something and realize that I used to want a nap at this time of day! Not that I don't have my days like that but the majority are certainly better. And now that I'm starting maintenance, I am enjoying my food but its food that is good for me! I'm not mindlessly grabbing whatever. Its great!

Ruth Ann: So nice to see your continued losses! You are a good example.

Lisa: I appreciate your positiveness about this plan even though you are dealing with a frustrating situation. You see clearly how this plan is a good one. And your success is inspiring!

lisa32989
03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Lisa: I appreciate your positiveness about this plan even though you are dealing with a frustrating situation. You see clearly how this plan is a good one. And your success is inspiring!
Thanks Hawaii. I started back on P1 on Monday and the up lbs are melting away. I have a person I share privately with because this IS a struggle and she knows the struggle personally.

My first mini goal is the elusive 100. I was 2 or 3 lbs away at one point.
From there, it'll be a 10 lb goal to the finish.

I changed my attitude and embraced the plateau. The Beck Diet book is really helping. Somehow it made everything different...

eandc2006
03-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks Hawaii. I started back on P1 on Monday and the up lbs are melting away. I have a person I share privately with because this IS a struggle and she knows the struggle personally.

My first mini goal is the elusive 100. I was 2 or 3 lbs away at one point.
From there, it'll be a 10 lb goal to the finish.

I changed my attitude and embraced the plateau. The Beck Diet book is really helping. Somehow it made everything different...

I am so happy to hear the lbs are melting away! Put a smile on my face. And you are right...this $*#$ is hard!

lisa32989
03-21-2014, 02:47 PM
And you are right...this $*#$ is hard!
LOL...I did say that somewhere, didn't I?
:devil:

eandc2006
03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
LOL...I did say that somewhere, didn't I?
:devil:

You did and it also made me smile and giggle because its sooooo true (and you are usually always so positive!). It takes constant and deliberate decision making multiple times each day (sometimes what feels like millions of times)! And, after phase 1, 2, and 3, the journey continues. Its such a lifelong thing and it has taken me a year and a half (on IP 1st round, maintenance, and some reboots) to realize that this is my forever lifestyle. No going back to old habits...they got me in a bad place to begin with. Nope. Not an option. I am going to just have to plug along and mind the scale for the rest of my life if I plan on being healthy and feeling confident in my own skin. And you know what...that's OK because I have the tools to be the weight I want. Not easy but not impossible!

lisa32989
03-21-2014, 03:43 PM
You did and it also made me smile and giggle because its sooooo true (and you are usually always so positive!). It takes constant and deliberate decision making multiple times each day (sometimes what feels like millions of times)! And, after phase 1, 2, and 3, the journey continues. Its such a lifelong thing and it has taken me a year and a half (on IP 1st round, maintenance, and some reboots) to realize that this is my forever lifestyle. No going back to old habits...they got me in a bad place to begin with. Nope. Not an option. I am going to just have to plug along and mind the scale for the rest of my life if I plan on being healthy and feeling confident in my own skin. And you know what...that's OK because I have the tools to be the weight I want. Not easy but not impossible!

I didn't just say it was hard. I said it was hard work!!!! That is at least a bit more positive...

Just in my short time maintaining on purpose, giving my body a break from WL, I see how easy it is to gain & how diligent life will have to be. I put on 5 lbs in a Fri nite-Sun morning a couple weeks ago. Of course, 1 day on P1 dropped 3 of it & 3 days I was back where I was. I see 1 P1 day per week in my future lifestyle for sure, or maybe a P2 day as I learn more control.

I'm shedding a few up lbs right now. Did a little celebrating a couple weekends in a row. I'm guessing its mostly water/bloat. I dropped 4.6 from Mon-Thurs. Fat doesn't come off that fast! I'll weigh again on Sunday for the summer challenge and update ticker, if needed.

The thing to learn will be how to maintain w/o needing the reboots. I've had 50+ years of living like this. I think I'll be gentle with myself when I get to maintenance while I learn (but diligent with the scale). For the last 6 weeks, I've spent time gaining scale acceptance. Instead of avoiding the scale when I knew I did x, y, or z, I got on to see what the change was & how long it took it to come back down.

Viewing it like a science experiment made it not so scary. It is part of detaching it from my self-worth/self-esteem. What the scale says should NOT be part of that! It is about my health. If I catch a cold, I don't engage in negative self-talk/putting myself down. If I get a migraine, I don' blame myself. I explore what caused it and try to avoid in the future. This is the way I'm looking at ups/downs on the scale.

But PLEASE!!!! WL fairies...let the trend go down now that I'm back on P1!!!!

sapphire83
03-21-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm going into my second weekend on IP. Still 100%. I can't believe that I already made it through a holiday and a work party without even thinking of going off plan. Despite being on plan for a short time, I have already realized that there are so many events that involve food but the food is not "needed" just "wanted". The longer I stay OP the easier it will be to make it through the many events I have coming up and know that I don't "need" the food to enjoy the event.

Ruth Ann
03-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Hawaii - thanks for the nice words! I am so glad you are continuing to check in on maintenance, so inspiring to see someone attaining their goals!

What a great attitude Lisa! I really do think our mindset plays a really, really huge factor in weight loss. If we look at it as just not eating some stuff for awhile we don't learn much. If we embrace the time and bumps along the way as a way to learn more about how our bodies work and our individual responses to stress, foods, etc. the journey is so much easier.

eanc2006 - Learning how to maintain is probably harder than losing! You're right - not easy but not impossible. I think getting the weight off is just half the battle. We can do it!

Congrats sapphire83 on making it thru events 100%! Making occasions more about the people rather than the food is key to changing our mindset about food I do believe. Sounds like you're doing great!

maureen kempster
03-22-2014, 06:13 AM
weigh in #9 and I'm down .8 for the week but a total of 18 for 9 weeks - so even though I'd prefer more but I'm doing okay. I think more lettuce is called for-

have a great day everyone we're worth it

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 06:57 AM
weigh in #9 and I'm down .8 for the week but a total of 18 for 9 weeks - so even though I'd prefer more but I'm doing okay. I think more lettuce is called for-

have a great day everyone we're worth it

You're doing great! Although more lettuce won't hurt and is good for us in many ways, we are all so anxious to speed up progress, rather than delighting in progress. Celebrate the .8.
It is more than zero.
It rounds up to 1
The scale went in the direction you wanted
And YOU are in control of your food intake, which takes firm dedication

It is celebration day!

Ruth Ann
03-22-2014, 07:04 AM
You're doing great maureen! Congrats!

And I'll admit I round. I have only ever paid attention to the first 3 numbers on the scale and ignored everything after the . Which is funny because I'm really detailed oriented in so many other ways but I just can't get into paying attention to the ounces on the scale (unless it's my food scale of course).

1LittleStar
03-22-2014, 09:25 AM
lisa, that's a great way to look at it, more scientifically instead of emotionally. I definitely did not do what you did when phased off, getting on the scale to see the effects of different decisions. Something to definitely keep in mind for maintenance, if it's going to work.

Hope you had a good week 1 back on P1!

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Okay ladies, vacation trips and fast! LOL I am going to Vegas, then Disney land and the beach in a couple weeks with kids and friends, I'm far from ready to phase off not doing that until June. So share your tips on how you vacation and stay on P1

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Okay ladies, vacation trips and fast! LOL I am going to Vegas, then Disney land and the beach in a couple weeks with kids and friends, I'm far from ready to phase off not doing that until June. So share your tips on how you vacation and stay on P1

for me:

shaker
Brita water bottle (can refill anywhere)
packets conducive to shaker
hotel room with microwave/fridge (less $ for everyone!)
If driving (no-can-do if flying): a cooler with celery & cukes (Pre-clean/cut the celery) and other stuff you've made at home.
Magic bullet.(& then spinach can go in smoothies)
spinach salads in restaurants help with veggie quota.
I also pre-baked some muffins & had 1 c zucchini in each serving. They keep in cooler/fridge for several days
in restaurants, order meat, veggies, salad, just like in restaurants at home
always have a bar & Packet in purse. Packet can be added to a water bottle, if needed.
One long weekend I ended up with a couple p2 days but still better than I'd been doing pre-IP

maureen kempster
03-22-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm sure this has been asked and answered - can I use tofu dogs as a protein and if so how many? I'm getting tired of eggs & tofu!!!

schenectady
03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
I didn't just say it was hard. I said it was hard work!!!! That is at least a bit more positive...

Just in my short time maintaining on purpose, giving my body a break from WL, I see how easy it is to gain & how diligent life will have to be. I put on 5 lbs in a Fri nite-Sun morning a couple weeks ago. Of course, 1 day on P1 dropped 3 of it & 3 days I was back where I was. I see 1 P1 day per week in my future lifestyle for sure, or maybe a P2 day as I learn more control.

I'm shedding a few up lbs right now. Did a little celebrating a couple weekends in a row. I'm guessing its mostly water/bloat. I dropped 4.6 from Mon-Thurs. Fat doesn't come off that fast! I'll weigh again on Sunday for the summer challenge and update ticker, if needed.

The thing to learn will be how to maintain w/o needing the reboots. I've had 50+ years of living like this. I think I'll be gentle with myself when I get to maintenance while I learn (but diligent with the scale). For the last 6 weeks, I've spent time gaining scale acceptance. Instead of avoiding the scale when I knew I did x, y, or z, I got on to see what the change was & how long it took it to come back down.

Viewing it like a science experiment made it not so scary. It is part of detaching it from my self-worth/self-esteem. What the scale says should NOT be part of that! It is about my health. If I catch a cold, I don't engage in negative self-talk/putting myself down. If I get a migraine, I don' blame myself. I explore what caused it and try to avoid in the future. This is the way I'm looking at ups/downs on the scale.

But PLEASE!!!! WL fairies...let the trend go down now that I'm back on P1!!!!

Lisa- best of luck on the new phase which you are entering. There is no one who has earned and deserves one heck of a whoooosh right now.

Your wisdom is so on point. As I posted on the daily chat, I took a walk on the wild side and fell off the program. I let stress be my excuse and did not take the time to sit and think and reflect on how I might plan to successfully fight what I knew was coming.

Your mantra about planning is so critical, be it planning the meals, a trip, or upcoming challenges. This is a lesson for me on which I must work.

And in the good news/bad news category, although I did fall off, gain a few pounds, my DH has decided to join me on IP next week the moment we move into our new (really just a rental) house. He has scared me with his health and the weight he has gained while I have lost. The support will be invaluable for me. Almost, but not quite, makes us for falling off. It did precipitate the brief conversation (he is not Mr. Conversation) and thus is valuable.

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm sure this has been asked and answered - can I use tofu dogs as a protein and if so how many? I'm getting tired of eggs & tofu!!!
Maureen: do you have a coach?
Most of our successful vegetarians have phased off (I think).
We had several.
I know people were using veggie patties.
I'm not sure the difference for comparison b/c you have to look for protein but I'm sure there is an amount of carbs/fat to limit those meat replacements to. I just don't know what they are.
hopefully someone is lurking who will jump in

I searched and came up with a bunch of vegetarian-topic threads (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6077367). Maybe they'll help?
When I don't know, usually I at least know where to point someone...

maureen kempster
03-22-2014, 01:02 PM
thanks Lisa I'll try that

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 01:24 PM
for me:

shaker
Brita water bottle (can refill anywhere)
packets conducive to shaker
hotel room with microwave/fridge (less $ for everyone!)
If driving (no-can-do if flying): a cooler with celery & cukes (Pre-clean/cut the celery) and other stuff you've made at home.
Magic bullet.(& then spinach can go in smoothies)
spinach salads in restaurants help with veggie quota.
I also pre-baked some muffins & had 1 c zucchini in each serving. They keep in cooler/fridge for several days
in restaurants, order meat, veggies, salad, just like in restaurants at home
always have a bar & Packet in purse. Packet can be added to a water bottle, if needed.
One long weekend I ended up with a couple p2 days but still better than I'd been doing pre-IP

All great tips, but I have yet to go inside a restaurant and sit and eat.. I'm a little afraid of it, I know they use so many oils, sauces, seasonings, I have taken my kids to the fast food joints and then home for me. Planning a dinner out tomorrow but its at a local restaurant that actually has an Ideal Protein Menu, the owners work in conjunction with my coach and made a fantastic looking dinner menu. I know salads are great, but I have to pack around my own dressing lol, I'm just worried about getting in those veggies but the muffins are a good idea and pre cutting... Disney will be a challenge.

Ruth Ann
03-22-2014, 01:36 PM
schenectady :hug: to you

Amber - I think you can scope out the restaurants at Disney in advance, look on-line so you'll be prepared. It takes some planning but you can definitely do it!

ETA: Do you have the single serve dressing packets? Those are super portable!

AmberLS
03-22-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm going to get some, still trying to figure out a WF dressing I like, I've been just making my own. Got chipotle ranch gonna try it today and hope!

MsGracie
03-22-2014, 03:05 PM

I did some vegetarian searches as well and if you search for "longdivision" - she is a previous poster with excellent vegetarian info.

JLUS
03-22-2014, 05:16 PM
All great tips, but I have yet to go inside a restaurant and sit and eat.. I'm a little afraid of it, I know they use so many oils, sauces, seasonings, I have taken my kids to the fast food joints and then home for me. Planning a dinner out tomorrow but its at a local restaurant that actually has an Ideal Protein Menu, the owners work in conjunction with my coach and made a fantastic looking dinner menu. I know salads are great, but I have to pack around my own dressing lol, I'm just worried about getting in those veggies but the muffins are a good idea and pre cutting... Disney will be a challenge.

There is one or more restaurant threads with lots of GREAT info to give you the BEST ways to ask for and get great food to meet your needs. Just search (Google) 3fat chicks ideal protein restaurants.

But bottom line - tell them how you want your food prepared. Let them know you cannot gave ANY butter (dairy allergy) and no starches. Ask for meat cooked with no butter/oil (dry cooked) and hold the seasonings (this style works well for steaks but also most meats); double vegetables instead of veg and starch... In fact, I always look at ALL their veggies with all entrees and tell them which two I want so I don't end up with double green beans just because those come with my entree. Salad - ask what is in it and then tell what to leave out and what to add more of.

If you speak up and let them know right from the beginning, "I have some very specific dietary restrictions I need to let you know about. Can you help me out as I order?" I have really not found it to be a problem. Don't feel it is an imposition... If you had a nut allergy or gluten intolerance you would speak up, so this is no different.

BEST thing you are doing us thinking and planning now - you will do great!!
Then if bourse leave a great yip for all their patient help!

TurtleMom
03-22-2014, 05:59 PM
After meticulous planning to ensure I was prepared for an overnight trip to my sister's, I managed to leave all my IP packets at home :o Thanks to all the info shared by other IPers, I managed to wing it and stay 100% OP!

maureen kempster
03-22-2014, 06:31 PM
I did some vegetarian searches as well and if you search for "longdivision" - she is a previous poster with excellent vegetarian info.

thanks MsGracie I'll check that out too

RosiePosie101
03-22-2014, 07:12 PM
After meticulous planning to ensure I was prepared for an overnight trip to my sister's, I managed to leave all my IP packets at home :o Thanks to all the info shared by other IPers, I managed to wing it and stay 100% OP!

Impressive. Nothing more frustrating than doing all the planning and then leaving it all at home!! You should be very proud of yourself!!

ChipnDip
03-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I had my first restaurant meal tonight, almost 6 weeks in to IP. I am proud of myself. I ordered steak fajitas, only peppers. When I told them to keep the rice and sides she offered to bring me something else so I opted for garden salad with oil and vinegar that I did myself (mainly vinegar). My family proceeded to order my favourite appetizer. My phone was dead so to keep me distracted I took my son's colouring. He is ten and very supportive. He even offered me the piece of celery off his kid's meal!

The only regret - I just spent $20 on something g I could have easily made at home and I probably would have done it better, but at least there were no dishes to wash!

Hawaii69
03-22-2014, 08:32 PM

Lots of walking and lots of water! And have fun!

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 07:30 AM

WTG TurtleMom! Nothing worse than forgetting to take your stuff after all that careful planning - sounds like you handled it well!

I had my first restaurant meal tonight, almost 6 weeks in to IP. I am proud of myself. I ordered steak fajitas, only peppers. When I told them to keep the rice and sides she offered to bring me something else so I opted for garden salad with oil and vinegar that I did myself (mainly vinegar). My family proceeded to order my favourite appetizer. My phone was dead so to keep me distracted I took my son's colouring. He is ten and very supportive. He even offered me the piece of celery off his kid's meal!

The only regret - I just spent $20 on something g I could have easily made at home and I probably would have done it better, but at least there were no dishes to wash!

I love doing the coloring to distract yourself - great idea! And I hear you on spending the money on something you could make at home. That's the main reason dh and I don't eat out much unless it's a time we're meeting other people - anything we can get in a restaurant he can cook cheaper and better at home. Except king crab legs - he loves going out for those (we found an all you can eat buffet that has them and, man, he can eat a lot of them!).

Lots of walking and lots of water! And have fun!

Yep, lots and lots of water.

Amber - as far as motivation goes, the losses you've already had are great motivators so put your "before" and "now" pics on your phone and look at the every time you are tempted to stray. Also, remember how miserable it was getting into ketosis? Finally, you really don't want to set yourself back or stall your losses for even one day. That's what helps me the most - I didn't want to stay on P1 for one day longer than needed and I knew if I went off plan it would just lengthen the time I was on P1. Not worth it.

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Weird

There is talk about cheat dreams on another thread. I've never had one.
Wonder if it is because I don't have anxiety over my eating plan choice? I don't have fear of cheating.

My fears were early-on: willingness to stick to it (long term commitment)
concern about learning how to maintain
and then the new one: never breaking the plateau

but as far as IP plan, I read, read, read before i started so I felt very good going in & had few questions (which were all answered with a search or two). Switching to the plan wasn't anxiety producing. I just planned ahead & moved along.

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Amber - as far as motivation goes, the losses you've already had are great motivators so put your "before" and "now" pics on your phone and look at the every time you are tempted to stray. Also, remember how miserable it was getting into ketosis? Finally, you really don't want to set yourself back or stall your losses for even one day. That's what helps me the most - I didn't want to stay on P1 for one day longer than needed and I knew if I went off plan it would just lengthen the time I was on P1. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

The losses are a great motivator plus by time I get to the trip I should be down another almost 10 lbs and into those jeans I'm dying to wear!!!:carrot:

drd1961
03-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Weird

Wonder if it is because I don't have anxiety over my eating plan choice? I don't have fear of cheating.

but as far as IP plan, I read, read, read before i started so I felt very good going in & had few questions (which were all answered with a search or two). Switching to the plan wasn't anxiety producing. I just planned ahead & moved along.

When I was on WW years ago I had these dreams all the time. On IP I only had it once, and it did not set me into a panic. The weight gain dream was after I started P2 and was heading into P3. I think the uncertainty of moving to maintenance was showing

Slipfree
03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Funny Lisa, I has my first food dream the other night. It was not about cheating for me, it was definitely from commercial influence. Have you noticed during the NCAA tournament they are showing tons of Coke commercials? I dreamed that I drank a coke and then realized that I messed up IP. Congrats on your Spartan win!

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Funny Lisa, I has my first food dream the other night. It was not about cheating for me, it was definitely from commercial influence. Have you noticed during the NCAA tournament they are showing tons of Coke commercials? I dreamed that I drank a coke and then realized that I messed up IP. Congrats on your Spartan win!
I tune food/bev commercials out. I just don't eat that way (highly processed foods). And since I view something like coke as poison, I guess their commercials don't bug me. I've been laughing at the Home Depot (?) Lowes(?) commercial with all the tile falling off the wall.

But, if I don't know who is doing the advertising, has it done its job? ;)

Last nite's game was much too close. Inconsistencies between 1st and 2nd. However, I bet Syracuse fans would have been happy with a 7 point win. It is all in perspective :)

Slipfree
03-23-2014, 11:04 AM
I was definitely addicted to Coca Cola on and off during my life. In my conscious mind, I have begun to think of it as poison -but obviously during my REM sleep, it has some appeal. Thankfully, I am not a sleep eater :dizzy:

Lisa, our boys team does not play pretty. I am just happy every time they move forward. But our women, are poetry in motion.

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Most of my dreams have been about eating too much on plan food, so I guess I'm lucky. Then again, I don't think I'm sleeping enough to dream a whole bunch lately!

sweetenuf
03-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Weird

I have actually been having these dreams and they seem so realistic I woke up the other morning feeling guilty from eating pizza in my dream...i was laughing with my hubby over it cause I felt the guilt. It was not my only one either just the only one that made me feel after I woke up lol.
I am not having a problem staying 100% and I don't give myself any temptations so I don't know what it is stemming from.

Did an unofficial weigh in for myself this morning and I am at 271.4, thats almost 40 lbs since January 16!! I feel so blessed that this plan is working. A huge motivation for me is my husband only sees me every other month. I loved the surprise in his face after 25lbs was gone, he is so proud which definitely makes me feel even that much better.

I honestly am so proud to be apart of this group and to have such great support. :hug:

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Yeah sweetenuf! That is super! Must be hard having dh gone so much but great motivation to keep going so you can see the look on his face!

And we're so glad you're a part of this group! :hug:

TurtleMom
03-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Weird

My cheat dreams have been about cheating by accident when not being mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. I am working on my mindfulness in general, and it seems as though meditating is helping me acknowledge the food I would like to eat without actually acting upon the desire. I have my moments when I doubt myself, but overall I don't feel anxious about the plan either :)

I have actually been having these dreams and they seem so realistic I woke up the other morning feeling guilty from eating pizza in my dream...i was laughing with my hubby over it cause I felt the guilt. It was not my only one either just the only one that made me feel after I woke up lol.
I am not having a problem staying 100% and I don't give myself any temptations so I don't know what it is stemming from.

Did an unofficial weigh in for myself this morning and I am at 271.4, thats almost 40 lbs since January 16!! I feel so blessed that this plan is working. A huge motivation for me is my husband only sees me every other month. I loved the surprise in his face after 25lbs was gone, he is so proud which definitely makes me feel even that much better.

I honestly am so proud to be apart of this group and to have such great support. :hug:

Way to go! :bravo:

sweetenuf
03-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Thank you very much :)

maureen kempster
03-23-2014, 03:53 PM
I know on Phase 1 I just eat what's on the list - but I was going through my pantry and the canned goods on the shelf - I'll give my sister anything I won't use later on - what's the max carbs I should be looking at per serving? thanks in advance

maureen

MsGracie
03-23-2014, 04:29 PM

You are doing a terrific job!! :hug:

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
I know on Phase 1 I just eat what's on the list - but I was going through my pantry and the canned goods on the shelf - I'll give my sister anything I won't use later on - what's the max carbs I should be looking at per serving? thanks in advance
For maintenance?
That is quite individual.
Many maintainers stick with a p3 eating plan most days of the week.
Or they move to splitting the carb/fat meals, as outlined in the p4 info (in the stickies)

sapphire83
03-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Boy was this a weekend to test my willpower. I won though. Resisted pizza and wings last night and made it through a double family bday party today. Stayed OP the whole time. I know I can weigh in with confidence tomorrow.

ChipnDip
03-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Today has been my biggest challenge yet. Hungry and craving all day. I woke up fine. I'm blaming the IP oatmeal! I was hungry the last time I had it too. Maybe I will try making the zucchini muffins with it instead.

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Boy was this a weekend to test my willpower. I won though. Resisted pizza and wings last night and made it through a double family bday party today. Stayed OP the whole time. I know I can weigh in with confidence tomorrow.

Congrats to you! It's hard getting through events sometimes but the more you do it the better you get at it.

Today has been my biggest challenge yet. Hungry and craving all day. I woke up fine. I'm blaming the IP oatmeal! I was hungry the last time I had it too. Maybe I will try making the zucchini muffins with it instead.

Funny how different things trigger hunger and cravings - it's a learning process for sure.

schenectady
03-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Two days now successful at being 100% OP, trying to dig myself out of the hole in which I find myself as a result of slipping then falling off.

We have made visible and significant progress in moving out of our current house into our "interim" house while designing the new one. I am determined that I will NOT allow myself to use the stress as an excuse to go off.

I did that for too long and I now realize that there will always be something that is different in my daily life, something stressful, something to celebrate that can be seen as justification for going off. My challenge is to find new ways to deal with those days that does not involve food.

The getting back to ketosis is NO fun and I hope that no one else has to deal with that if they can avoid it. I would love to think that I have permanently learned my lesson but as Lisa has posted before, obesity is a life long challenge, there are no switches to turn off the bad eating and emotional responses that got some of here in the first place!

Thanks to all who have posted hugs and wishes - I will make it through....I have too many new cute clothes to give up (thrift store finds).

Fearciuil
03-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Had dinner at my parents' house tonight. They're happy that I'm doing something about my weight, so they tried their best ... chicken (the portion was a little big, but that's easy to deal with), green beans, and a lettuce/tomato salad. So that's my restricted veg for the week.

Slipfree
03-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Hungry night for me too. It is TOM, so that might explain it. Also, tried a Quest bar today. Will have to notice if the same hungry feeling comes again with the Quest bar. Things that make you go, hmm. Just made so tea, I will prevail.

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Schenetady:
:bravo: and :congrat:on 2 days back OP
:goodluck: tomorrow!

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Hooray schenectady! You can do it!

Fearciuil - isn't it nice to have supportive family?

Slipfree it's interesting what gives us those feelings. Good info to have going forward and into maintenance.

AmberLS
03-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Went to applebess, I think I ate successfully, only a little unsure if they put oil on the steak despite my request for none, but a little oil won't hurt.

Fearciuil
03-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Fearciuil - isn't it nice to have supportive family?
It helps a lot. I feel very fortunate.

schenectady
03-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Went to applebess, I think I ate successfully, only a little unsure if they put oil on the steak despite my request for none, but a little oil won't hurt.

I have always found Applebees to be one of the most cooperative of the places that we frequent. Low calories, low carbs and they are good about removing the items that we are not allowed.

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 06:04 AM
Amber
I saw your post about Applebees on the other thread.
Sounds like you had a plan and made great choices.

Remember the difficulty or ease is all in our head and it's our own self talk.
The more we tell ourselves it is "really hard" the harder it will be.
Most things are easier than we think they'll be if we really examine them.

We're learning we can want food but want to succeed more!
Keep up the good work & keep working on the mindset
Mindset is what keeps us on the path.
We are as strong as we make up our minds to be.

Ruth Ann
03-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Good job Amber! I believe it was 65x65 who had a great post some time ago about how you want to be known as a "picky eater." It's okay to ask waitstaff how your food is prepared and ask for exactly what you want - you are paying them for a service after all.

I did have to laugh at your description of shaking the cheese off of your lettuce - I ordered a taco salad once and they used the same lettuce they used in their regular salad which had carrot shreds in it. I'm sure everyone thought i was a loon sitting there picking out the carrots!

Ruth Ann
03-24-2014, 11:20 AM
We are as strong as we make up our minds to be.

Meant to say earlier that this is exactly right. No matter what we decide the outcome will be, it pretty much will be exactly what we decided. So if we decide it's too hard to stay 100%, it probably will be. Make sense?

lisa32989
03-24-2014, 12:22 PM
:wave:Ruth Ann

You make perfect sense!

;)

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Yum, just made my self sum buffalo chicken with sweet bell peppers! Franks hot wing sauce is 0/0/0 so sautéed my chicken and veggies in it, it was so good! I'm really enjoying finding all these new recipes!

Ruth Ann
03-24-2014, 08:43 PM
:wave:Ruth Ann

You make perfect sense!

;)

Thanks Lisa!!

Yum, just made my self sum buffalo chicken with sweet bell peppers! Franks hot wing sauce is 0/0/0 so sautéed my chicken and veggies in it, it was so good! I'm really enjoying finding all these new recipes!

I love buffalo chicken - I like to put it over cauli-rice. So yummy!

TurtleMom
03-24-2014, 08:51 PM

I'm finally branching out & tried the red pepper puree on my steak this evening -yummy! I'm taking advantage of time off for spring break & trying a bunch of new recipes :)

AmberLS
03-24-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm finally branching out & tried the red pepper puree on my steak this evening -yummy! I'm taking advantage of time off for spring break & trying a bunch of new recipes :)

Our spring break is combined with Easter so I have a couple of weeks before I'm off, it'll be my first long vaca off from work and I know weekends are already harder than work days cause of boredom, but I'm going on a trip lol so I'll be battling too much free time and being in Las Vegas!:devil:

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Our spring break is combined with Easter so I have a couple of weeks before I'm off, it'll be my first long vaca off from work and I know weekends are already harder than work days cause of boredom, but I'm going on a trip lol so I'll be battling too much free time and being in Las Vegas!:devil:

That sounds like fun! I've never been to Vegas, but I'll bet there will be things there to keep boredom at bay :D

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 06:46 AM
NSV: yesterday I was C-R-A-B-B-Y. Seriously crabby. As in put myself in timeout a few times coz I was so crabby. Prime time for emotional eating, giving in to temptation to the non IP foods my family still enjoys. BUT, not once was I tempted to stray! !! Instead, I changed the dinner menu so I was eating something new, made a trip to the grocery store (making sure flowers were on my list) and then spent time puttering in the kitchen on my own. Crabbiness eased, still OP, and I am eagerly awaiting the blooming of my new hyacinth.

As Pema Chödrön said, "Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know." What I needed to know was that I was close to being stuck in a rut, & that I didn't need unhealthy foods to get me out.

Have a blessed day, my Dears :hug:

drd1961
03-25-2014, 07:13 AM

Vegas has a lot of buffets. This can work for you or against you. They will have veggies, salad and meats, but they will also have lots of other things. Just make up your mind before you head in what you will eat. I do a casing of the joint when I first get to a place and make up my mind what I will have before I get in line!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-25-2014, 07:28 AM
NSV: yesterday I was C-R-A-B-B-Y. Seriously crabby. As in put myself in timeout a few times coz I was so crabby. Prime time for emotional eating, giving in to temptation to the non IP foods my family still enjoys. BUT, not once was I tempted to stray! !! Instead, I changed the dinner menu so I was eating something new, made a trip to the grocery store (making sure flowers were on my list) and then spent time puttering in the kitchen on my own. Crabbiness eased, still OP, and I am eagerly awaiting the blooming of my new hyacinth.

As Pema Chödrön said, "Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know." What I needed to know was that I was close to being stuck in a rut, & that I didn't need unhealthy foods to get me out.

:cp:

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 07:34 AM

The only thing you'll be "battling" is your own head.
Start now to make your battle plan & one if the things is changing the attitude about off-plan foods. If we keep wishing for them , we'll cave

I view them as what they do for me and how they make me feel.
None of it is good.
Not worth any momentary pleasure

schenectady
03-25-2014, 07:50 AM

What a great and supportive thing to read this morning - thank you for the wisdom expressed and congratulations on the successful handling of the crabbiness.

I love the approach you took, working with things you know will give you strength and a breath of fresh air. You are so very right that we do need to learn how to deal with our ruts or crabbiness in a way other than unhealthy foods. You showed great creativity and strength.

Now I have renewed inspiration to approach my challenges - hundreds of moving boxes, cleaning our old house top to bottom, living out of a suitcase while having two social dinners to go to this week when I cannot even find my makeup or the dog's medicine. Those I can replace more easily than locate but my mind is the hard thing to find these days!

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 08:11 AM

Outstanding TurtleMom!

Schenectady - moving is sooo stressful. Good luck on finding everything!

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Turtle mom
Flowers.
GREAT idea! Sometimes it just takes something small to change out whole mindset!

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Turtle mom
Flowers.
GREAT idea! Sometimes it just takes something small to change out whole mindset!

Yep - little things that make us happy are so important. Flowers, a new book, etc. are really good rewards that give us that little lift!

schenectady
03-25-2014, 10:53 AM
I guess when I have a table, I will treat myself to flowers to go on it. My only dismay is that Trader Joe's, my go-to place for inexpensive flowers, will not longer be a mile down the road! I have gotten the address of the nearest one to the interim house but it looks like it is over the river and through the woods.....

TurtleMom
03-25-2014, 11:25 AM
What a great and supportive thing to read this morning - thank you for the wisdom expressed and congratulations on the successful handling of the crabbiness.

I love the approach you took, working with things you know will give you strength and a breath of fresh air. You are so very right that we do need to learn how to deal with our ruts or crabbiness in a way other than unhealthy foods. You showed great creativity and strength.

Now I have renewed inspiration to approach my challenges - hundreds of moving boxes, cleaning our old house top to bottom, living out of a suitcase while having two social dinners to go to this week when I cannot even find my makeup or the dog's medicine. Those I can replace more easily than locate but my mind is the hard thing to find these days!

Keep breathing- you can do this! :goodvibes:

Turtle mom
Flowers.

Yep - little things that make us happy are so important. Flowers, a new book, etc. are really good rewards that give us that little lift!

I guess when I have a table, I will treat myself to flowers to go on it. My only dismay is that Trader Joe's, my go-to place for inexpensive flowers, will not longer be a mile down the road! I have gotten the address of the nearest one to the interim house but it looks like it is over the river and through the woods.....

I am cuckoo for spring flowers! It is pretty much the only time of the year I go out of my way to have them in my home. I shall have to remedy this.

I also bought myself a book yesterday -Lessons from Madame Chic. I figure if I'm going to get a new wardrobe for my new body, I might as well get a really good one! More incentive to stay at a healthy weight as well. So, a bit of window-shopping-wardrobe-plotting helped banish the crabbies too :cool:

vachinyc
03-25-2014, 02:47 PM
HI 100% ers: I've been traveling a bit and offline but reading when I get the chance. Sometimes it is hard to jump back in the flow of conversation so instead I'll just say, HOWDY!

I'm maintaining (woo hoo)...and feeling more and more confident about Phase 4/Maintenance. I haven't really had a big fun day but i've had some fun meals and indulgences. I've followed those with Phase 3 or Phase 2 days and it seems to work. (The scale does go up and down throughout the week but so far, I seem to be hovering within 2 pounds, up or down, of my goal)

This weekend I'm going to the Sweet Sixteen in NYC. There will be a lot of dining out. But also a lot of walking. I am feeling fairly confident in my ability to make good choices. It surprises me but I like it :)

Happy snowy (!) Tuesday all.

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Good to hear from you vachinyc and glad maintenance is going well!

Slipfree
03-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Vachinyc- congrats on maintaining! Glad that you are feeling more confident about your food choices. Very jealous of your Sweet 16 tickets! Cheer at least once for UCONN for me :) Looking forward to watching all of the games this weekend. Most of all- have FUN!

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Vachinyc
Fun! I've been to several Sweet 16s and Final Fours (STL, Det, Indy). They are tons of fun. I may head to Tx when my teams heads there. My Spartans will be in NYC. I'll send you a greeeeeen shirt!!!
It looks like Slipfree and I think March Madness is the most wonderful time of the year (cue Andy Wllliams).

You got this. Good choices are part of life now :)

Slipfree
03-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Have been to both Men and Women's sweet 16, but never a Final 4. They are always so far away and during school time. With my luck, I would end up on national TV and get fired :) Although after SBAC field testing today, I am not sure that getting fired would be a bad thing :dizzy: Highly stressful day, but Ben and Jerry and I are still divorced- OP all the way. Thank goodness UCONN plays tonight and I can yell at the tv.

lisa32989
03-25-2014, 05:42 PM
I love that you are divorced from Ben & Jerry!

Final Four: this is what personal days are for.

Spartan women are playing tonite too at the same time as your game.
I know WHY I went back on P1 but why did I choose it right now?
THAT was rhetorical.
I want to be 15 or more lbs down by Memorial day!

I had sort've a rough day. I've had eye pain for about a week. Seems I have a recurring eye condition and left the ophthalmologist with THREE different eye drops and an oral med.

Yet another inflammatory condition to overcome.... :p

This will NOT drive me to drink. This will NOT drive me to drink. I can get thru this, too. (sometimes I feel like the gingerbread man..I've run away from an Old Man and an Old Woman and a bear and a wolf and I can run away from you, too!!! - but instead, I've lost 90+ lbs, despite developing hypothyroid while on IP, sensitivity to soy and gluten, and a host of other medical conditions, and I can overcome this, too!)

joysh
03-25-2014, 05:57 PM
HI 100% ers: I've been traveling a bit and offline but reading when I get the chance. Sometimes it is hard to jump back in the flow of conversation so instead I'll just say, HOWDY!...I'm maintaining (woo hoo)...and feeling more and more confident about Phase 4/Maintenance.

Congrats on your maintenance! Have a wonderful time in NYC (my homeland)

Ben and Jerry and I are still divorced- OP all the way. Thank goodness UCONN plays tonight and I can yell at the tv.

Yes, yell at the TV!! lol

I know WHY I went back on P1 but why did I choose it right now?
THAT was rhetorical.
I want to be 15 or more lbs down by Memorial day!

Lisa, you certainly can overcome this too! So sorry to hear about your eye. Hang in there! You can do this!

As for me, 100% works. It's been 2 weeks that I've been on P1 for the reboot. I've lost 7 of the 14 pounds that I want/need to lose. I'm feeling great! Every day is a new day as I inch closer to where I want to be.

Have a great day, everyone!

Slipfree
03-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Lisa, sorry to hear that you have another health hurdle :(. You will get through it because you are strong, but it sucks! 15 by Memorial Day sounds good. Would take me to my goal.

Personal days are super strict in our district- legal or business only :(

I use to two-time Ben and Jerry with Haagen Daz but now I am strictly devoted to IP restricteds.

Joysh, congrats on your successful reboot.

Hawaii69
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
HI 100% ers: I've been traveling a bit and offline but reading when I get the chance. Sometimes it is hard to jump back in the flow of conversation so instead I'll just say, HOWDY!

I'm maintaining (woo hoo)...and feeling more and more confident about Phase 4/Maintenance. I haven't really had a big fun day but i've had some fun meals and indulgences. I've followed those with Phase 3 or Phase 2 days and it seems to work. (The scale does go up and down throughout the week but so far, I seem to be hovering within 2 pounds, up or down, of my goal)

This weekend I'm going to the Sweet Sixteen in NYC. There will be a lot of dining out. But also a lot of walking. I am feeling fairly confident in my ability to make good choices. It surprises me but I like it :)

Happy snowy (!) Tuesday all.

Congratulations on being successful on maintenance! I too am succeeding and figuring out what works. I have had some fun meals too but make sure I follow it with healthy days as well. I'm starting to feel more confident in that I can maintain and that I am in control of what I'm choosing to eat and not eat. It feels great!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Ughhh Lisa I know you're strong, determined and will overcome this but why does one person have to be stuck with all these bumps on the road?

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Lisa - just ARGH!

Hawaii - congrats on successfully maintaining!

vachinyc
03-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Good to hear from you vachinyc and glad maintenance is going well!

Hi back at you RuthAnn!

Vachinyc- congrats on maintaining! Glad that you are feeling more confident about your food choices. Very jealous of your Sweet 16 tickets! Cheer at least once for UCONN for me :) Looking forward to watching all of the games this weekend. Most of all- have FUN!

I'm really excited about the weekend. I worked with the men's team when I was in college and then worked on ncaa corporate sponsorships for work for several years so I'll admit, I'm a sports junky and have been a bit spoiled with ticket access.

Vachinyc
Fun! I've been to several Sweet 16s and Final Fours (STL, Det, Indy). They are tons of fun. I may head to Tx when my teams heads there. My Spartans will be in NYC. I'll send you a greeeeeen shirt!!!
It looks like Slipfree and I think March Madness is the most wonderful time of the year (cue Andy Wllliams).

You got this. Good choices are part of life now :)

Thanks Lisa! Me too re final4s ...I am trying not to plan too far ahead and jinx it but I might be in Texas too. While I do like the Spartans, this time they are playing my team so I'll have to cheer for UVA :) it should be a good game. I've waited a long time for uva to be back in it.

I like this 'good choice' thing. It isn't as impossible as I had thought.

Sorry you are battling yet another challenge. You're the most positive person in the face of adversity. It helps me remember not to whine.

Have been to both Men and Women's sweet 16, but never a Final 4. They are always so far away and during school time. With my luck, I would end up on national TV and get fired :) Although after SBAC field testing today, I am not sure that getting fired would be a bad thing :dizzy: Highly stressful day, but Ben and Jerry and I are still divorced- OP all the way. Thank goodness UCONN plays tonight and I can yell at the tv.

The final game on a Monday has always baffled me-everybody has to take two days off.

Hahaha...divorced from Ben & jerry, I love it.

Hoping you have many less stressful days.

Congrats on your maintenance! Have a wonderful time in NYC (my homeland)

Thanks! I miss nyc a lot so it will be fun to be back for a weekend.

Congratulations on being successful on maintenance! I too am succeeding and figuring out what works. I have had some fun meals too but make sure I follow it with healthy days as well. I'm starting to feel more confident in that I can maintain and that I am in control of what I'm choosing to eat and not eat. It feels great!

I totally agree Hawaii...it feels great to gain the confidence - to know I can have some things I want sometimes, and still manage my weight. Who knew?

Ruth Ann
03-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Highly stressful day, but Ben and Jerry and I are still divorced- OP all the way. Thank goodness UCONN plays tonight and I can yell at the tv.

I love divorcing B&J! You can date them in maintenance but no re-marrying!

Slipfree
03-25-2014, 11:24 PM
You are so right Ruth Ann! Exes are meant to stay exes. I think that I will stick to the rule of no ice cream in the house during maintenance. I am better with trigger foods in public. Pints of ice cream have no place in my vision of mindful eating.

Hawaii69
03-25-2014, 11:50 PM
I love divorcing B&J! You can date them in maintenance but no re-marrying!
You make me laugh Ruth Ann!:D

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 08:14 AM
You are so right Ruth Ann! Exes are meant to stay exes. I think that I will stick to the rule of no ice cream in the house during maintenance. I am better with trigger foods in public. Pints of ice cream have no place in my vision of mindful eating.

I think you're right Slipfree - certain foods will stay "outside" foods forever. I have problems with really good pastries so I suspect I will buy one (ok, 2 if I feel like being nice to dh) if I really want it and not a 1/2 dozen. Easier to just not have them in the house.

You make me laugh Ruth Ann!:D

:D

Despite being all clogged up from allergies, I feel good today. Funny how some days I feel fat and some days I feel skinny and it really has no relationship to what the scale says. Wonder why that is?

drd1961
03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
I know what you mean. I don't think I drank enough water yesterday and today I just feel puffy. Been very busy with tech week of the show and have to make sure I still treat myself well.

TurtleMom
03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
I think you're right Slipfree - certain foods will stay "outside" foods forever. I have problems with really good pastries so I suspect I will buy one (ok, 2 if I feel like being nice to dh) if I really want it and not a 1/2 dozen. Easier to just not have them in the house.

:D

Despite being all clogged up from allergies, I feel good today. Funny how some days I feel fat and some days I feel skinny and it really has no relationship to what the scale says. Wonder why that is?

Definitely agree - best to limit temptations inside the house!

Ruth Ann, I find myself thinking the same things about my size. I certainly feel somedays that I'm making great progress, and other days I think OMG, I have so far to go yet. And these thoughts don't correspond to the scale. Can we blame it on hormones?

TurtleMom
03-26-2014, 08:34 AM
I've had a hankering for spaghetti & meatballs lately. Obviously, it is out of the question for now. But, I still fixed it as a meal last night! I made my own turkey meatballs, & my own marinara sauce (so I would know exactly what was in it), and cooked up a pot of pasta. Before you panic, I did not eat any pasta! My DH had all 3, my DD ate the pasta & the sauce, I had the meatballs, sauce & a lovely spinach salad. It was so nice to fix a meal that all of us could enjoy!

I also have a bunch of meatballs I can freeze & pull out for a protein another time. I know I could have made veggie noodles, but I haven't perfected that technique yet.

I am very pleased :)

JLUS
03-26-2014, 08:48 AM
I've had a hankering for spaghetti & meatballs lately. Obviously, it is out of the question for now. But, I still fixed it as a meal last night! I made my own turkey meatballs, & my own marinara sauce (so I would know exactly what was in it), and cooked up a pot of pasta. Before you panic, I did not eat any pasta! My DH had all 3, my DD ate the pasta & the sauce, I had the meatballs, sauce & a lovely spinach salad. It was so nice to fix a meal that all of us could enjoy!

I also have a bunch of meatballs I can freeze & pull out for a protein another time. I know I could have made veggie noodles, but I haven't perfected that technique yet.

I am very pleased :)

Shredded zucchini makes a great IP pasta. You can cut it into spaghetti strips on a mandolins or there are vegetable peelers that shred into strips. A no cost option is to cut the zuke into long thin slices with a knife, then stack the slices and cut into super thin strips. I micro it a few mins, drain and enjoy spaghetti and meatballs!

I also cut zuke into long thin slices and use it in place of noodles to make lasagne. I did this pre IP and made a "traditional" lasagne (w/ricotta and mozzarella) but it was still low carb. You could do an IP version too.

YUM!

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 09:07 AM
You know drd, you may be onto something there. I'll have to pay attention and see if my "fat" days correspond to my water intake the day before. I know I feel a lot better when I get enough water in.

Good job turtlemom on figuring out how to make what you have a hankering for in a totally healthy way! I think things even taste a lot better to me knowing that it's totally OP but still what I wanted!

ems70508
03-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Morning Yall! Last week we discussed lettuce in the shakes...I posted in the daily chat yesterday about my first attempt bc I forgot where I had that conversation! I did the wildberry yogurt in it with 2C lettuce. It tasted a little lettucy but was decent. I got recommendations to try the other fruit drinks. This AM I did the strawberry banana. I lost all fruit flavor to the lettuce. Once again, not awful in taste but it wasn't fruity. Today for my lunch drink I'm going to do a chocolate RTD with some coffee and the lettuce. Maybe those flavors will be stronger? Here's to hoping! I'm SO FULL from my morning drink and it's helping to get all that lettuce in! I see now how easy it is to eat 8C lettuce a day!

ColoradoCarol
03-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Today is WI day. Some people post what week # they are on. I have no idea what week # I am on, but I started the program 7/12 (I think).

I have changed up my habits a bit, taking some fiber and a probiotic, to get that system going. Also, eating part of my lettuce every day (of the 8 cups recommended by my clinic) in a salad. About 1-2 cups.

I am trying to boost the weight loss. The probiotic and fiber had been recommended by someone on another thread. We'll see how it works.

I remain 100%, I am losing slowly but surely, but I am so ready for a "kick start" and get these last 30ish pounds off (not sure how many pounds I still want to lose).

Happy Wednesday all.

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Ems - good luck with the lettuce! I'm sure you'll come up with a concoction that works for you!

ColoradoCarol - good luck on your weigh in. Sounds like you are doing everything absolutely perfectly so I hope the whoosh fairy pays a visit!

I was down another 2 lbs at my weigh in today so we set a firm date of April 3 to start P2. I seriously thought about going down another 10 but I think it's time to take a break and see how I do maintaining for awhile. I can always go back to P1 if I decide I need to go down another few pounds. I am very excited!

ColoradoCarol
03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
ColoradoCarol - good luck on your weigh in. Sounds like you are doing everything absolutely perfectly so I hope the whoosh fairy pays a visit!

I was down another 2 lbs at my weigh in today so we set a firm date of April 3 to start P2. I seriously thought about going down another 10 but I think it's time to take a break and see how I do maintaining for awhile. I can always go back to P1 if I decide I need to go down another few pounds. I am very excited!

Ruth Ann, congratulations. I thought that ticker moved. That is super. :bravo:

I would love to get 2 lbs today.

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Ruth Ann, congratulations. I thought that ticker moved. That is super. :bravo:

I would love to get 2 lbs today.

Thanks Carol!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. I'd cross my eyes but it gives me a headache! :D

joysh
03-26-2014, 01:04 PM
I've had a hankering for spaghetti & meatballs lately.

Great post, TurtleMom! I love how we can make things work to fit our tastes. I often make "curry" by adding curry powder to my sauteed veggies and pouring IP chicken soup over it. Yum! I also do curry for dinner. I've had shrimp curry, chicken curry and yummy beef curry!

Put it over cauliflower rice and it's divine!

I was down another 2 lbs at my weigh in today so we set a firm date of April 3 to start P2. I am very excited!

RuthAnn, how exciting! You've done great on this! When I phased off I did a full 2 weeks of P2 and then another 2 weeks of P3, although you'll figure out what works for you with your coach. I ended up losing more weight on both P2 and P3.

Just have to share how excited and happy I am. This morning when I weighed myself I saw my goal weight of 125 on the scale. Ok, it was after my shower in the morning, but there it was! In the late afternoon, when I weigh in with the coach, it's usually 2 pounds more, but it was still refreshing to see those numbers on my scale!

I like to be 6 pounds under my goal weight. I use my goal weight as a ceiling weight to never go above. (Obviously I goofed there, but am back on track!)

We are so lucky to have this tool! Have a great day, everyone! :)

catlady1981
03-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Ems - good luck with the lettuce! I'm sure you'll come up with a concoction that works for you!

Congrats Ruth Ann! That's fantastic. :carrot:

catlady1981
03-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Great post, TurtleMom! I love how we can make things work to fit our tastes. I often make "curry" by adding curry powder to my sauteed veggies and pouring IP chicken soup over it. Yum! I also do curry for dinner. I've had shrimp curry, chicken curry and yummy beef curry!

RuthAnn, how exciting! You've done great on this! When I phased off I did a full 2 weeks of P2 and then another 2 weeks of P3, although you'll figure out what works for you with your coach. I ended up losing more weight on both P2 and P3.

Just have to share how excited and happy I am. This morning when I weighed myself I saw my goal weight of 125 on the scale. Ok, it was after my shower in the morning, but there it was! In the late afternoon, when I weigh in with the coach, it's usually 2 pounds more, but it was still refreshing to see those numbers on my scale!

I like to be 6 pounds under my goal weight. I use my goal weight as a ceiling weight to never go above. (Obviously I goofed there, but am back on track!)

joysh: That is exciting! You have come so far and been so successful. You and Ruth Ann are very inspiring!:bravo:

joysh
03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Catlady, you can do this!! You are on the way!

Thanks for the congrats!

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Joysh - Thank you! I'm pretty excited to be moving into P2. My coach wants a full 2 weeks of P2 and then 2 weeks of P3 so I'm hoping to continue to lose on those too. I'm thinking that my "final" weight where I feel best will be somewhat under 150 which I picked as a goal just because I couldn't imagine weighing less than that.

And congrats on doing so well on your re-boot - that is outstanding!

Catlady - thank you too! And I just noticed you've made it under 200 - congrats on Onederland! You are doing so great!

lisa32989
03-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. I'd cross my eyes but it gives me a headache! :D
No! Don't do that! Your eyes will end up like mine!

ust have to share how excited and happy I am. This morning when I weighed myself I saw my goal weight of 125 on the scale. Ok, it was after my shower in the morning, but there it was! In the late afternoon, when I weigh in with the coach, it's usually 2 pounds more, but it was still refreshing to see those numbers on my scale!

Congrats to you! Your reboot did the trick!

Hawaii69
03-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Ruth Ann and Joysh, congrats on your weight loss success! A person feels so good when they see those numbers drop. I think a person knows when they are at a weight that they are happy with. Even though as Ruth Ann says, you still have those days of feeling 'fat', but usually they go away. Drinking water for me is a biggie for sure. Not only does it help with fluid retention but my skin feels so much better too! Ruth Ann, you are going to love going into the different phases and I continued to lose in each phase. You will too!

TurtleMom
03-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Morning Yall! Last week we discussed lettuce in the shakes...I posted in the daily chat yesterday about my first attempt bc I forgot where I had that conversation! I did the wildberry yogurt in it with 2C lettuce. It tasted a little lettucy but was decent. I got recommendations to try the other fruit drinks. This AM I did the strawberry banana. I lost all fruit flavor to the lettuce. Once again, not awful in taste but it wasn't fruity. Today for my lunch drink I'm going to do a chocolate RTD with some coffee and the lettuce. Maybe those flavors will be stronger? Here's to hoping! I'm SO FULL from my morning drink and it's helping to get all that lettuce in! I see now how easy it is to eat 8C lettuce a day!

What kind of blender are you using? I have a plain old Oster, and it doesn't seem to do a good job of "smoothing" stuff out for my smoothies. I tried frozen rhubarb in a Mango RTD today -the taste was good, but it was still pretty stringy. I have to wonder if the lettuce flavor would be less noticeable if the lettuce chunks were absent. I really like the idea of lettuce in my smoothies, but not if I am still chewing the lettuce!

Hooray -how exciting to have a start date!!!

I say your scale wins over the coaches -CONGRATULATIONS!

And now I'm wanting Indian food -thanks for the tips on how to make it happen!

joysh
03-26-2014, 08:12 PM
And now I'm wanting Indian food -thanks for the tips on how to make it happen!

Indian food is my favorite. I think one of my proudest moments in maintenance was when I went to my favorite Indian buffet and I ate reasonably! One regular-sized plate, no refills. No naan, no kheer, and just a little rice. But I enjoyed it immensely. That was the first time that I left the Indian restaurant without a tummy ache. I realized that it is possible to change our habits!

But I mostly make my IP- friendly Indian food at home. And now, back n P1, no Indian buffet! But it will still be there when I'm back maintenance. :hun:

ColoradoCarol
03-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Thanks Carol!

Ruth Ann - your crossing of fingers and toes must have helped - down 1.6 today!!!

Now to update my ticker.

vachinyc
03-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Ruth Ann - your crossing of fingers and toes must have helped - down 1.6 today!!!

Now to update my ticker.

Yay! Congrats Carol - you've been so patient :)

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Ruth Ann and Joysh, congrats on your weight loss success! A person feels so good when they see those numbers drop. I think a person knows when they are at a weight that they are happy with. Even though as Ruth Ann says, you still have those days of feeling 'fat', but usually they go away. Drinking water for me is a biggie for sure. Not only does it help with fluid retention but my skin feels so much better too! Ruth Ann, you are going to love going into the different phases and I continued to lose in each phase. You will too!

Thanks Hawaii! I'm just so pleased at how well this diet works, I never would have thought I could do it!

Hooray -how exciting to have a start date!!!

It is exciting! Now I just have to figure out a protein for lunch - but I figure I can just cook extra of whatever I'm having for dinner or use tuna.

Yipee Carol! WTG!

joysh
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
It is exciting! Now I just have to figure out a protein for lunch - but I figure I can just cook extra of whatever I'm having for dinner or use tuna. !

Yes, that's what you need to do. I would just cook double meat protein (extra chicken breasts, fish, pork loin, etc.) and have it ready in the fridge. I come home for lunch each day, so I would make my customary salad and put the meat or fish protein on top. Some days I would sauté mushrooms and peppers and put that on the salad, too.

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks joysh - I really wish I could come home for lunch but the commute is too long. Heck, 1/2 the time I don't even get to actually take a lunch break, just eat at my desk while I work. But I'll figure out how to get it in!

AmberLS
03-26-2014, 11:37 PM
What do you ladies think about 2-3 oz of extra meat (not everyday but a few times) during PMS/TOM? I have major cravings for meat during these times I'm pretty sure it's the iron, but I haven't yet talked with my coach about it.

drd1961
03-27-2014, 06:00 AM

CONGRATS!!!!
I think that I have actually tightened up more because people keep asking me if I have l lost more weight these past few weeks on P2 and P3(I have not). My 6's are lose, so it might be inches. Enjoy eating the regular healthy foods!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Ruth Ann: You are amazing.

Carol: :carrot:

Ruth Ann
03-27-2014, 07:01 AM
AmberLS - I don't know the answer to that question but I'm sure someone will have a good opinion.

drd - Isn't it weird how you can lose inches but no weight? I've had a few weeks where I've lost no inches and no weight but moved into small size pants - our bodies rearrange themselves in odd ways!

Thanks IPN and right back atcha!

lisa32989
03-27-2014, 07:11 AM
What do you ladies think about 2-3 oz of extra meat (not everyday but a few times) during PMS/TOM? I have major cravings for meat during these times I'm pretty sure it's the iron, but I haven't yet talked with my coach about it.

Does your multi have iron?
I'd be more inclined to stick straight to plan. If you need to break up your meat portion lunch/dinner and also add a couple egg whites, (or one whole egg), it would keep you closer to plan. I've seen some others add extra meat but they were exercising heavily

Unless you did p2 plan on those days. That adds more meat. But also know it adds more fat and calories.

I also break up breakfast. My pudding spinach smoothies fill two 24 oz tervis tumblers. I have one before I leave the house 7:15-7:30 and the other 9:30-10 ish. It works out like having a snack.

drd1961
03-27-2014, 07:31 AM
AmberLS - I don't know the answer to that question but I'm sure someone will have a good opinion.

drd - Isn't it weird how you can lose inches but no weight? I've had a few weeks where I've lost no inches and no weight but moved into small size pants - our bodies rearrange themselves in odd ways!

Thanks IPN and right back atcha!

I learned a long time ago that weight training does wonderful things for my body and what size I wear. So who cares that I am 15 pounds heavier than my daughter when I wear a size smaller!

drd1961
03-27-2014, 07:33 AM
I agree with Lisa on the extra meet. I added protein sometimes but it was do to the amount of exercise I was doing. After about a month in ketosis, my body did not seem to need it. If you can stomach the iron, take extra. I had to take some for awhile because I was anemic a couple of years ago. It will help.

lisa32989
03-27-2014, 07:34 AM
I learned a long time ago that weight training does wonderful things for my body and what size I wear. So who cares that I am 15 pounds heavier than my daughter when I wear a size smaller!

Truth! Muscle weighs more than fat. This is why BMI charts don't work well for more muscular people.

But your success on the plan also proves to me that exercise alone doesn't help with weight loss. It really is the adjustments made in the kitchen!

drd1961
03-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Truth! Muscle weighs more than fat. This is why BMI charts don't work well for more muscular people.

So true, and when I was in my late teens I had doctors tell me I was too heavy and never took into account the muscle because in that era, women did not lift like I did. It was sad because it did not help the body image.

TurtleMom
03-27-2014, 08:04 AM

My sentiments exactly! I don't care what the scale says and long as I've got muscles :D I get more of a "runner's high" after heavy lifting than anything else. I don't have a good muscle mass yet, and I can't wait to get started back up again!

TurtleMom
03-27-2014, 08:07 AM
NSV: actually weighing less than what my driver's license says I weigh :yay:

drd1961
03-27-2014, 08:25 AM

But your success on the plan also proves to me that exercise alone doesn't help with weight loss. It really is the adjustments made in the kitchen!

So true. I firmly believe weight loss is all about what goes in the mouth. The exercise makes you look and feel nice, but if the diet is not cleaned up you will just be fat and fit.

AmberLS
03-27-2014, 08:53 AM
I don't exercise heavily, but I exercise 4 days a week, 2 days of yoga and 2 days of water aerobics.

CarbLover443
03-27-2014, 11:40 AM
NSV: actually weighing less than what my driver's license says I weigh :yay:

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!