Ideal Protein Diet - IP weekend chat Sat 3/15 - Sun 3/16/2014

lisa32989
03-15-2014, 07:19 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

RosiePosie101
03-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Happy weekend everyone! I went to a gala ball last night. I managed to fit into my ball dress which I haven't worn for oh, maybe five years. Last time I wore it, it was a bit tight. This time, I was a little concerned that if I moved too enthusiastically on the dance floor, I may show everyone a little more of me than is decently acceptable! Luckily that didn't happen.

I had great plans to eat beforehand so I didn't have to rely on the food there but simply ran out of time racing back from work and getting ready. I managed to navigate the food ok, though. I said no to the starter of pumpkin soup by saying I didn't like pumpkin. They offered to bring me a salad instead, which in hindsight I should have said yes to but I didn't want to cause a fuss! The main was sweet potatoe mash (avoided that) with beef (avoided the gravy) and asparagus. I know the asparagus didn't give me my full 2C quota of vegetables and I'm pretty sure it was cooked in butter etc but I've built a bridge about it and moved on. The dessert was chocolate lava cake. Oh it smelt good. I used my fork to push it around my plate but didn't eat any of it. That was a big victory for me as I am a notorious dessert eater. I've been known to just order desserts at restaurants and I always used to ask for the dessert menu first so I could check it out before ordering my main!

I drank a couple of glasses of club soda and filled my spare glass up with water. I'm pretty sure no-one even noticed. It looked like vodka and sprite to most people.

There are several great benefits from not drinking, I've discovered. Firstly, I don't have to pay for a cab home and secondly, I wake up on Saturday morning early and don't have that fog from having a couple of wines the night before. I'm going to head to the supermarket to get my shopping in before the Saturday rush crowd. OMG. I just read that last line and realized that I sounded exactly like my Mother. Oh geez!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Ruth Ann
03-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Good job navigating the ball Rosie! And yeah for fitting into your clothes - that feels so good!

I have found that a lot of times if you call the organizer of the event and explain you have food issues they can make arrangements to make sure there are things you can eat (i.e. no butter, etc.). The trick is to do it ahead of time and not last minute. I was going to a charity auction recently and had no problems getting them to switch my fish to plain rather than sauced, steam my veggies, etc. Everyone was super nice about it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned!

drd1961
03-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Nice job Rosie, sounds like a great win. We had a golden retriever that was named Rosie and we called her RosiePosie. Everytime I see you post I miss her. She passed away last year at this time.

Today I have a haircut and will visit my Mom. It is her 81st birthday! I think I will find a nice flowering plant because normally crocuses are blooming at this time of year, but not this year. I want to bring her some spring.

Will stop at the scene shop first and see if there are any questions for me. I have a lot of promotional prep work to do and laundry.

One promo will be on TV. It will be interesting to see myself on TV because as with all of us, the image thing tends to be late in catching up.

Wannabehealthy
03-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Hi! I followed JLUS over here from another thread, just to see what IP is all about.
(Hi Laurie!:wave:)

I saw a couple people mention that they don't like radishes. I never did either, but DH started slicing them paper thin on a mandolin because he was having some problems with his teeth and couldn't bite them. They are so good that way! Moist and tasty. We eat them just like that as a snack, and they are so nice in a salad because they are not big chunks. And they are very easy to grow in your garden or even in container gardens.

Now I'm going to look around and see what I can learn.

kontesanera
03-15-2014, 10:40 AM
So yesterday I finally discovered another great benefit of this diet. I find that my skin is soo soft and appearance of cellulite on my butt and legs is greatly reduced. Another great motivating reason to keep o going!

Also, initially I could taste the ketosis, that metalicy taste in my mouth. I have not tasted that in a while, but did not want to bother with ketostix because this has been working. Well my husband has been complaining about my breath for days, saying that is smells like acid, and I was explaining to him that is great because it is the breath of fat loss. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

RosiePosie101
03-15-2014, 11:28 AM
So yesterday I finally discovered another great benefit of this diet. I find that my skin is soo soft and appearance of cellulite on my butt and legs is greatly reduced. Another great motivating reason to keep o going!

Lucky!! I don't think my cellulite is any better at all. But I will keep hoping!

It looks like you are doing so well. Good job on obviously staying in Ketosis!

RosiePosie101
03-15-2014, 11:39 AM
Nice job Rosie, sounds like a great win. We had a golden retriever that was named Rosie and we called her RosiePosie. Everytime I see you post I miss her. She passed away last year at this time.

Today I have a haircut and will visit my Mom. It is her 81st birthday! I think I will find a nice flowering plant because normally crocuses are blooming at this time of year, but not this year. I want to bring her some spring.

Will stop at the scene shop first and see if there are any questions for me. I have a lot of promotional prep work to do and laundry.

One promo will be on TV. It will be interesting to see myself on TV because as with all of us, the image thing tends to be late in catching up.

Aww, DRD, Golden retrievers are my favourite breed of dog. I grew up with golden retrievers and they were all such great friends. I miss each of them.

I'm interested to hear how you felt about seeing yourself on TV. I'm still surprised sometimes when I catch sight of myself in the mirror and I think, wow, is that your waist? Where has the large truck tyre roll of fat gone? Now I just have to work on reducing the mid-size sedan tyre roll from my waist to a mini sized tyre!! My dream would be no tyre at all, but I'm realistic!

AmberLS
03-15-2014, 11:51 AM
I guess everyone hits a slump, I'm not feeling very positive this morning and trying to get to feeling positive before I get too much further into my day. So far been sitting working on a paper but I have to get up and eat my protein soon. Scale is working against me, or rather just not for me this week. I don't want to be stuck and I wanted to go down today badly so I would have the boost I need to say no to the cocktails later... Now I'm going to have to find it another way.

sweetenuf
03-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Good Morning everyone :)
I know I have been absent lately, as I have mentioned before my husband works 28 days in brazil and is home 28 days. He left on tuesday to go back to work so I will be back on here posting. I do read to stay on track.
Update on me: I am 8 weeks OP and going very strong, still 100%. 16.75 inches gone, 33 lbs gone.

RosiePosie That must have felt fantastic! Not only to get all dressed up and feel great in your own skin but to fit in a dress after all that time. Very inspiring. I refer to my fat as bakery items lol....biscuit, bread things like that lol I guess knowing those items put it there is why lol

DRD Happy Birthday to Mom!

I have a question....In the last 8 weeks all of my girl friends I usually hangout with knew and know what I am doing and I politely told them I wouldn't be going to lunch anymore for a while. They all were very curious of the program and I told them what I was doing. So now in the past 2 months they don't even call or invite me anywhere, like Im fragile or something lol....anyone else experience something similar?

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Amber, this is a long road. I know that IP works more quickly than some diets, but the journey is still long. There are going to be many stops and starts on the scale. You just have to buckle up and get ready for a bumpy ride. It is pretty clear that you are conflicted about your social plans, you have been sick, and you are dealing with the emotional loss of your dad, all of that stress is going to impact the scale. Do not use those fluctuations as justifications. You are a woman capable of making your own decisions. Whatever you decide, try to get rid of all this angst about it. What is the point of cocktails, if you have no enjoyment?

sweetenuf
03-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Amber, this is a long road. I know that IP works more quickly than some diets, but the journey is still long. There are going to be many stops and starts on the scale. You just have to buckle up and get ready for a bumpy ride. It is pretty clear that you are conflicted about your social plans, you have been sick, and you are dealing with the emotional loss of your dad, all of that stress is going to impact the scale. Do not use those fluctuations as justifications. You are a woman capable of making your own decisions. Whatever you decide, try to get rid of all this angst about it. What is the point of cocktails, if you have no enjoyment?

Very well said....

lisa32989
03-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Amber:

I highly recommend getting The Beck Diet Solution. If you don't have time to read it, get an audio version for in the car. It helps tremendously to change the mindset because our minds can be our worst enemies.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8559/8710461172_b6fc2a819c_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8710461172/)

MareDog37
03-15-2014, 12:53 PM
NSV at weigh in today: 2 inches off the hips. My coach had to remeasure because she didn't believe it at first. :-)
1 more pound down. Looking forward to celebrating a grand total of 30 by next week!
Given how I was feeling earlier this week, I will gladly rejoice in all of the above.

ssdlturtle
03-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone, hope everyone has a great weekend, first weekend in 5 that I have not worked, nice to be off.

Amber realize just need to stay 100% IP and it will come off, can't get frustrated that scale has not moved- I have had more inches lately. like Slipfree said it is a long road.

Sweetnuf glad to have you back!!

"Good thoughts to everyone to stay 100% this weekend"

Lisa thanks again for all you do, I am starting to look for Becks book as need to read so I can change my mindset also.

Rubygirl
03-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Happy weekend to everyone..........I had my first WI this morning after 1 week...whoo hoo I'm down 5.4lbs. I feel so inspired and motivated to keep OP. I have a challenge coming next week as in company is coming to stay for a week. I've know her for all my life and we have been very close off and on. She and I have eaten together in good times and bad. I'm very nervous about telling her about IP and that I am trying yet again another diet. My husband who also works away 2 weeks and is home 1 week does not know either......for the same reason......ANOTHER DIET??? Why don't you just eat less and move more!! That's always the response. I'm really stressing about this. :(

tabletop1234
03-15-2014, 01:20 PM
I guess everyone hits a slump, I'm not feeling very positive this morning and trying to get to feeling positive before I get too much further into my day. So far been sitting working on a paper but I have to get up and eat my protein soon. Scale is working against me, or rather just not for me this week. I don't want to be stuck and I wanted to go down today badly so I would have the boost I need to say no to the cocktails later... Now I'm going to have to find it another way.

Amber,
One thing I suggest is to NOT weigh yourself daily. You will not be losing weight daily and it can really be the buzz kill on the diet. I used to do it and when I saw a weight gain that day, it ruined my day and made it harder to stay OP. Weigh in once a week only. But as for this week, the scale is working against me as well. But I have to stay positive because maybe a miracle will happen within the next few days :dizzy: I know how hard it is to say no to the cocktails but it is only temporary. I had to do it last weekend, and this weekend, I'm not even going to a friends birthday party so that I'm not tempted to cheat with food or alcohol. You are not in this alone! Stay OP 100% and the scale will continue to go down. You can do this!!! :carrot:

tabletop1234
03-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Happy weekend to everyone..........I had my first WI this morning after 1 week...whoo hoo I'm down 5.4lbs. I feel so inspired and motivated to keep OP. I have a challenge coming next week as in company is coming to stay for a week. I've know her for all my life and we have been very close off and on. She and I have eaten together in good times and bad. I'm very nervous about telling her about IP and that I am trying yet again another diet. My husband who also works away 2 weeks and is home 1 week does not know either......for the same reason......ANOTHER DIET??? Why don't you just eat less and move more!! That's always the response. I'm really stressing about this. :(

Ruby,
I think many of us been on many diets, but if you stick to this one 100%, you can prove to them it really works. If I were you, it would be my motivation just to prove my husband wrong! ;) Don't be worried about what others think. Do what you have to do to become healthier. Best of luck!

Rubygirl
03-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Happy weekend everyone! I went to a gala ball last night. I managed to fit into my ball dress which I haven't worn for oh, maybe five years. Last time I wore it, it was a bit tight. This time, I was a little concerned that if I moved too enthusiastically on the dance floor, I may show everyone a little more of me than is decently acceptable! Luckily that didn't happen.

I had great plans to eat beforehand so I didn't have to rely on the food there but simply ran out of time racing back from work and getting ready. I managed to navigate the food ok, though. I said no to the starter of pumpkin soup by saying I didn't like pumpkin. They offered to bring me a salad instead, which in hindsight I should have said yes to but I didn't want to cause a fuss! The main was sweet potatoe mash (avoided that) with beef (avoided the gravy) and asparagus. I know the asparagus didn't give me my full 2C quota of vegetables and I'm pretty sure it was cooked in butter etc but I've built a bridge about it and moved on. The dessert was chocolate lava cake. Oh it smelt good. I used my fork to push it around my plate but didn't eat any of it. That was a big victory for me as I am a notorious dessert eater. I've been known to just order desserts at restaurants and I always used to ask for the dessert menu first so I could check it out before ordering my main!

I drank a couple of glasses of club soda and filled my spare glass up with water. I'm pretty sure no-one even noticed. It looked like vodka and sprite to most people.

There are several great benefits from not drinking, I've discovered. Firstly, I don't have to pay for a cab home and secondly, I wake up on Saturday morning early and don't have that fog from having a couple of wines the night before. I'm going to head to the supermarket to get my shopping in before the Saturday rush crowd. OMG. I just read that last line and realized that I sounded exactly like my Mother. Oh geez!!!!

Great management on the night. Awesome!!

lisa32989
03-15-2014, 01:33 PM

I didn't trust myself at first and was very slow to tell people. I told DH because of the expense. I did not allow myself to post on the 100% thread until I had been on the diet for a month because I did not trust myself. I was even telling myself, "another diet?".
If eating less and moving more had worked for me I would've lost a long time ago. I have insulin resistance and it takes the very low carb for me to lose weight. It also took a very structured program for me to lose the weight. I was doing pretty low carb and maintaining 260.

Stop stressing. Stress increases cortisol and cortisol reduces weight-loss. It is a bad combo. Good luck!

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 01:35 PM
RosiePosie, I think you did a fantastic job managing your Ball! Did you feel beautiful in your gown? Dance the night away? I think we become so intensively focused on IP that we forget the fun.

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Ems- how are you doing today?

Bella73123
03-15-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking of cooking pork with the WF apple spread. Has anyone tried this? If so, how was it?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

drd1961
03-15-2014, 01:52 PM
I walked in to get my haircut and my hair dresser said, oh, you look thin. And then he said, noo you are skinny, wow, you look great. I get my hair cut every 5 week, and have probably lost less than 5 pounds since then but I have toned up a bunch.

Early February I got frustrated with my husband and banned sugar from the house. He was complaining about being fat, but then consuming mass quantities. He still has bread and things, but we got rid of the snacky junk food. He went through a pretty severe withdrawal but I am happy to say he has lost 16 pounds!

sapphire83
03-15-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm on day 5 and I woke up with some kind of nasty cold/bug. I don't know I caught something or I'm just getting an energy slump. I was kind to myself and got lots of extra rest this morning. The house cleaning can wait til later or until tomorrow. These boards and chats are giving me the strength to stay OP on IP

Also, I just started seeing a chiropractor a few times a week. Has anyone felt I'll the day after a session?

vachinyc
03-15-2014, 01:55 PM
I have a question....In the last 8 weeks all of my girl friends I usually hangout with knew and know what I am doing and I politely told them I wouldn't be going to lunch anymore for a while. They all were very curious of the program and I told them what I was doing. So now in the past 2 months they don't even call or invite me anywhere, like Im fragile or something lol....anyone else experience something similar?

Same thing here. On the one hand, it's nice to have the time and space to focus on the diet without a lot of pressure to deviate. On the other hand, I think it's then more challenging both for they and you to know how to re-insert yourself. For me, I've had to be proactive and invite myself in a sense. It's a little odd though because some friends do talk about my eating needs as if I may die without the right food. Which likely means I talked too much about it prior :(

I don't want that to be what I'm known as...the girl with the special diet. So, I'm working harder to stop talking about it so much but then just ordering the way I need to order. I think the eating thing was so much a focus for me that I over- shared with some people. But I'm hopeful I can turn it around. My advice...invite yourself along again and don't talk about the diet but order what you need to order - most restaurants have something that will work. Enjoy!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm on day 5 and I woke up with some kind of nasty cold/bug. I don't know I caught something or I'm just getting an energy slump. I was kind to myself and got lots of extra rest this morning. The house cleaning can wait til later or until tomorrow. These boards and chats are giving me the strength to stay OP on IP

Also, I just started seeing a chiropractor a few times a week. Has anyone felt I'll the day after a session?

Chiropractic adjustments raise your immune system by about 400% so anything brewing in your body can be released. The good news is your cold/bug will go away that much sooner.

Take it easy and you should feel better soon!

blondie739
03-15-2014, 02:02 PM
I have a brunch date with a friend in the morning and we are going out to eat. I have always done excellent ordering dinner stuff OP but have never done breakfast. Suggestions? What do I order and how should I order it?

sapphire83
03-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Chiropractic adjustments raise your immune system by about 400% so anything brewing in your body can be released. The good news is your cold/bug will go away that much sooner.

Take it easy and you should feel better soon!

Thanks for the good information.

Proudmama2maet
03-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post to the board. I am on day 11 of the IP diet...sooo happy to be through that first week- I felt sick and weak for a good chunk of it so lurking on this forum really helped me through that as I could see it wasn't abnormal and was something that would pass if I gave it time. This week though I'm struggling with cravings. I have two children and so I have things in the house that I can't currently eat like cookies and crackers but there are times in the day where I just have to come to my bedroom with a glass of water to wait out an intense craving. Have others found the cravings to be something that pass over time?

Have a great Saturday everyone. :)

Bella73123
03-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post to the board. I am on day 11 of the IP diet...sooo happy to be through that first week- I felt sick and weak for a good chunk of it so lurking on this forum really helped me through that as I could see it wasn't abnormal and was something that would pass if I gave it time. This week though I'm struggling with cravings. I have two children and so I have things in the house that I can't currently eat like cookies and crackers but there are times in the day where I just have to come to my bedroom with a glass of water to wait out an intense craving. Have others found the cravings to be something that pass over time?

Have a great Saturday everyone.

I have struggled with cravings too. A warm tea with sweetner helps!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

catlady1981
03-15-2014, 04:36 PM
:cb:Happy Weekend!

Started with my new coach/clinic today. Happy to say lost more and it hasn't even been a full week since my last weigh in. So 2 1/2 weeks and 8# so far.:carrot:

Ruth Ann
03-15-2014, 04:37 PM

Welcome and congrats on getting through the first few days! Like Bella said, hot tea is good for cravings or pickles (for some reason it kills the sweet cravings for me), brush your teeth and sometimes you just have to distract yourself - got for a walk, clean something, etc. It does get better - at least it did for me, it just takes a little time.

I've had the crackers, cookies, etc. around the whole time I've been on IP and not long after I started they didn't even interest me. I buy them for the guys but the cravings just stopped. I think once we break the cycle of "oh, that looks good I'll eat it" and really are having to pay attention to what we eat it gets much easier.

Hang in there - it gets better!

Ruth Ann
03-15-2014, 04:40 PM

Started with my new coach/clinic today. Happy to say lost more and it hasn't even been a full week since my last weigh in. So 2 1/2 weeks and 8# so far.:carrot:

Hooray catlady! And I'm so glad you found a new coach/clinic - it really is great to have a good coach! And please don't forget to do something about the old coach - IP really needs to know these things.

Butterfli3
03-15-2014, 04:40 PM
I had my first WI yesterday, down 7.2 pounds! Excited for my clothes to start feeling loose!

AmberLS
03-15-2014, 04:41 PM
I know everyone says don't weigh daily, but surprisingly its more often a motivator more than anything. I don't have unreal expectations, I'm not surprised to not go down from day to day, I am surprised from morning to morning if I go up but it makes me look harder and make sure I didn't slip up because accidents happen. I have always been one to be careful because I can gain weight so quickly and for me it happens at an even pace so I can put on 20-30lbs and still wear the same clothes cause I gain in my boobs, thighs, stomach, calves, arms, etc... it nice sometimes to carry weight well, but it's also a pain because before you know it your up a bunch. In one year, about 6 years ago I went from 140lbs (where I'd been since high school) to 240, I mean I noticed, but not really until about 180, then I was like oh crap, and before you new it I was 220, and so on. I got to 298lbs. I've never been a dieter, this is my first diet, I've always been an exerciser and an all things in moderation. I lost 50lbs and there I sat at 250, could never budge either way, met with a nutritionist for 2 years, my doctor wasn't sure, I logged food I quit drinking anything but water and tea 3 year ago. Now because of a back problem exercise isn't an option well high impact aerobic exercise and weight lifting. So I come to find IP, it's almost the perfect diet for me because I love vegetables and I don't mind most of the restrictions. I'm glad I found it and I'm glad it's working and I know that it's going to continue to work as long as I continue to stay OP. But I am sure I will continue to weigh myself about 3 times a week because I won't allow myself to go up like that again without noticing, and I know it may be hard to believe that I had no idea how big I was getting, but it happened so quickly with such big increments, I don't know how a person gains a hundred lbs in a year, my doctor couldn't find any medical reasons, but as we all know once you start gaining it's hard to derail the train. :)

As for my event tonight, I'm not going. The temptation is to much to have a drink. I have been able to not drink plenty of times, I have resisted many urges for various things, I have turned down friends for happy hour and lunches out, and I have started going out for lunch and out to the movies and been capable of resisting, but I know myself too well and the one thing that sounds nicer than anything in this time of stress is a nice relaxing glass of wine or mixed drink. I want to stay OP I have a goal to reach for a trip so I will just avoid the situation all together :)

AmberLS
03-15-2014, 04:45 PM

I have 3 daughters and I teach little kids I am constantly around "snack" time. I had very intense cravings during the first couple weeks mostly because the diet also caused my cycle to start. They passed, then my regular cycle came about a week and a half later and I experienced less intense cravings but mostly for salt and protein which I could satisfy within the diet. Good news is they got better, too bad I had 2 cycles this month but apparently its a side effect (a positive one) lol:hug:

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Bella, I have used the WF apple butter on pork. Once on pork tenderloin, basted the meat in Dijon mustard put a couple of globs of Apple butter and added herbs Provence. I also made boneless pork chops baked in a shallow dish with sauerkraut. After baking, I added melted apple butter to the top. Both were good. Hope this helps.

TurtleMom
03-15-2014, 04:49 PM

I had my first WI yesterday, down 7.2 pounds! Excited for my clothes to start feeling loose!

Go you! :woohoo:

Ruth Ann
03-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Congrats on a great first weigh in! :bravo:

As for my event tonight, I'm not going. The temptation is to much to have a drink. I have been able to not drink plenty of times, I have resisted many urges for various things, I have turned down friends for happy hour and lunches out, and I have started going out for lunch and out to the movies and been capable of resisting, but I know myself too well and the one thing that sounds nicer than anything in this time of stress is a nice relaxing glass of wine or mixed drink. I want to stay OP I have a goal to reach for a trip so I will just avoid the situation all together :)

I'm glad you made a decision on it Amber. Sometimes we can drive ourselves nutty going between the "should I or shouldn't I?" and making a final decision is like a load off of us. Be nice to yourself tonight - take a hot bath, do something fun with your girls, sit and read a book, just anything you enjoy. I know it's been hard for you so you deserve a little "me" time.

Bella, I have used the WF apple butter on pork. Once on pork tenderloin, basted the meat in Dijon mustard put a couple of globs of Apple butter and added herbs Provence. I also made boneless pork chops baked in a shallow dish with sauerkraut. After baking, I added melted apple butter to the top. Both were good. Hope this helps.

Those both sound really yummy!

TurtleMom
03-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Good afternoon :)

2 NSVs to report: I ate out last night for the 1st time & it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! I wasn't even tempted by the beers or margaritas, which is a HUGE victory in my books. And this morning I tried on a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than I usually wear and I was able to GET THEM ON & FASTENED. I wouldn't wear them in public, but the fact I was able to get them zipped up has my mind spinning.

It is a glorious sunny day here, my winter coat is retiring for the season, I'm enjoying a Saturday without being hungry all day, and I am feeling better than I have in years. I am very happy I made the decision to try IP! I am so happy right now that if I weren't me, I would be annoyed with how obnoxiously chirpy I am.

Hoping everyone's day is full of blessings :goodvibes:

TurtleMom
03-15-2014, 05:21 PM
I know everyone says don't weigh daily, but surprisingly its more often a motivator more than anything. I don't have unreal expectations, I'm not surprised to not go down from day to day, I am surprised from morning to morning if I go up but it makes me look harder and make sure I didn't slip up because accidents happen. I have always been one to be careful because I can gain weight so quickly and for me it happens at an even pace so I can put on 20-30lbs and still wear the same clothes cause I gain in my boobs, thighs, stomach, calves, arms, etc... it nice sometimes to carry weight well, but it's also a pain because before you know it your up a bunch. In one year, about 6 years ago I went from 140lbs (where I'd been since high school) to 240, I mean I noticed, but not really until about 180, then I was like oh crap, and before you new it I was 220, and so on. I got to 298lbs. I've never been a dieter, this is my first diet, I've always been an exerciser and an all things in moderation. I lost 50lbs and there I sat at 250, could never budge either way, met with a nutritionist for 2 years, my doctor wasn't sure, I logged food I quit drinking anything but water and tea 3 year ago. Now because of a back problem exercise isn't an option well high impact aerobic exercise and weight lifting. So I come to find IP, it's almost the perfect diet for me because I love vegetables and I don't mind most of the restrictions. I'm glad I found it and I'm glad it's working and I know that it's going to continue to work as long as I continue to stay OP. But I am sure I will continue to weigh myself about 3 times a week because I won't allow myself to go up like that again without noticing, and I know it may be hard to believe that I had no idea how big I was getting, but it happened so quickly with such big increments, I don't know how a person gains a hundred lbs in a year, my doctor couldn't find any medical reasons, but as we all know once you start gaining it's hard to derail the train. :)

Not an easy decision to make, but it sounds like a wise one. Hang in there!

Annik
03-15-2014, 05:24 PM
I've just passed the 100 lb loss mark! Yay for ideal protein! Yay for everyone who does it! It's an amazing programme!

My before photo - start date May 17, 2013:

I don't know how to post 2 photos in one screen so after photo coming next!

When I wear the glasses in this photo now, people ask me if I have new ones! I think that's because they now stick out over the edge of my face!

Annik
03-15-2014, 05:25 PM
March 14, 2014 -- doing a happy dance!

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Annik! Wonderful pictures :yay:

Ruth Ann
03-15-2014, 05:47 PM
I've just passed the 100 lb loss mark! Yay for ideal protein! Yay for everyone who does it! It's an amazing programme!

My before photo - start date May 17, 2013:

I don't know how to post 2 photos in one screen so after photo coming next!

When I wear the glasses in this photo now, people ask me if I have new ones! I think that's because they now stick out over the edge of my face!

:bravo::cp::dancer: Congrats to you - you look wonderful!

TurtleMom
03-15-2014, 05:53 PM

That deserves MANY happy dances! :carrot: :cb: :dancer:

65X65
03-15-2014, 06:07 PM

Amber...you are to be commended. It is most important to be honest with yourself!! And you are well on your way to self accountability with what you have included in your post. Many of us find daily weigh-ins do that for us. I am one of those who finally made my peace with it...and it is as much a part of my AM ritual as brushing my teeth now. Plus..even if I dread it because the day before I had restaurant food...etc......(and OH MY...I think that will be a forever challenge)...not weighing does nothing to help my personal war on weight. The not having to deal with the scale is like pretending you are not overweight and need IP ...or some plan to lose weight. Then there is the "National Registry" which does research on weight loss. That source, and several others say that unequivocally...daily "weighers" end up doing better at losing...but most importantly ... maintaining at a MUCH higher percentage than those who do not. It is like exercise...it becomes habit and you have to condition your mind to handle the fluctuations. A once a week weigh-in is not a guarantee that 1 time is going to capture you at the LOW POINT of your week!!! At least if you are up a pound...you know where you were 72 hrs ago....and also KNOW you did not go off the rails...so you can toss an wiley data point as a deviant number!!...and hope the next "official" weigh will show a bigger decline. For me this activity associated with both losing and maintaining was a head and mind adjustment...just like the reality...carbs create cravings and promote faster weight gain for me than any other food group! That is a reality...so I had no choice but to accept my maintenance was going to look different than some one who is 5'6" ..25 years younger...and does not have insulin resistance!!!

Your decision to stay away from a potentially difficult social event tonight is also proof you are honest with yourself, and making decisions based on your desire to take care of you first and foremost. It will get easier...at some point. The drinks will not always be an issue. And at that point your decisions will not be based on what you are trying to accomplish today.
{Just know your decisions of today...may very well influence what is important to you in the future though...and that is not at all bad!!! } Some of us find not drinking like we used to at events prior to IP is actually OK...if not preferable. Sometimes...I'd rather have a piece of chocolate than the wine...it's all about you!!!

Sounds like you are going in the direction of being able to give good advice to members who may struggle with decisions...:hug: :coach:because you have been there and done it.

Congrats.
This is another milestone in your journey.
A real NSV!!! :goodscale
And each one of these decisions and new habits ....
Makes you stronger...:strong:which is good because...

We are never done with this!

kontesanera
03-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Annik your transformation is amazing! I love seeing before and afters.

MsGracie
03-15-2014, 06:37 PM

:congrat: What an awesome job - you look fantastic!!

MsGracie
03-15-2014, 06:41 PM

:carrot::carrot: - great job!!

Sending :hug: your way. Sounds like the best decision. Take care.

Proudmama2maet
03-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Wow Annik! You are amazing! Congratulations!!

Annik
03-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I feel great!

When I saw the photos side by side, I was astonished to see myself. Despite the fact that I have lost a tremendous amount of weight, I don't feel 'different' so much as I feel I have recovered my 'normal'. While I was looking at them, I thought of how Michelangelo spoke of his sculpting work. Of his sculptures, he maintained they weren't his creations but instead figures he helped liberate from inside the marble. That's kind of how I feel and I realised that when I saw the pics.

Wow Amber there's so much you say here to which I can relate.

This is not my first weight loss in life. The last time was about 15 years ago when I lost 55 pounds. Slowly the weight crept back on and like you would seem to happen without me really noticing until it was an astonishing amount. And then it just kept going up. And I felt helpless.

At some point I became afraid to try to lose weight again because every time I semi succeeded, I would eventually gain back all I had lost plus more. I had basically given up on trying to lose weight and had resolved to 'just love who I was' when my brother urged/begged/shamed me to try ideal protein (it was not a pleasant conversation). He spoke a lot about my family's concern for my health.

When I found out ideal protein was in my town, I felt obliged to try.

For the first time ever I really think I have found something that works. This has been the easiest "diet " I have ever tried. Once I learned about the principle of ketosis, I understood why was so vitally important to honor the protocols.

I have mentally had a divorce with certain kinds of foods now. I will never go back to sugar. Carbs will always be a danger zone for me... I will avoid any that I know are for me a slippery slope (popcorn).

During this journey I'm so glad to have found three fat chicks on the diet. I've really learned a lot from the ideas that many people share here.

One of the principles that I have now adopted is to look at myself as having a chronic condition called morbid obesity (this comes from Lisa) that I must constantly be vigilant at to properly manage. In other words I no longer look at a number on the scale as destination but a way of life.

I feel the way you do about certain social situations that you do and now chose to decline invitations to places/activities/people where I do not feel confident that I will to meet the challenge. Psychic hygiene? My long-term health is just too important to me. I can't take any of what I have achieved for granted.

I also now think that at 287 I suffered from kind of body dysmorphia -- the opposite kind that anorexics suffer. What while they see themselves as "too fat "
I protectively chose not to really see myself because I couldn't bear to see how large I had become.

I remember having that first photograph taken ( it was at a funeral). I remember thinking "I'm so glad I have nice clothes to wear because even though I am a bigger woman still look really nice.' Well I did look 'nice' but now I see that I definitely did not look healthy. My body oddly had a a misshapen look to it. My face looks so puffy. I had lots of trouble with swollen ankles. I needed a lap belt extender when I flew in a plane.

I think I was in a form of denial just because I felt that the achieving a +100 pound weight-loss had really become an impossibility for me. And there was the fear that if I lost I would gain it all back plus more. How high could I go? Obviously people have managed to go much higher than I was.

Now I faithfully weigh myself everyday. I have a Withings scale that has an app on my iPhone. I check in with that graph every single day.

And in terms of the carbs and sugars? I no longer look at my nutrition as a lifetime of deprivation or denial. I look at ip and ketogenic nutrition as a form of liberation -- as a way to keep hold of my freedom.

I have a friend who's currently in a rehab center for alcoholism. They counsel him to focus on avoiding that first sip and instead of dwelling on how will he get through his life without booze. It is a smaller step then. Just no first sip.

That makes so much sense to me. No first 'bad bite' = no slippery slope.

I sure hope I can do this. I can say that I have never felt stronger or more sure that I have found a way to keep moving forward.

But I'm not taking anything for granted

Sending love,
Annik

catlady1981
03-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Hooray catlady! And I'm so glad you found a new coach/clinic - it really is great to have a good coach! And please don't forget to do something about the old coach - IP really needs to know these things.

Thanks Ruth Ann! It feels good to be on the right track!

I will be doing something about "bad coach" on Monday. She will be dealt with.

catlady1981
03-15-2014, 08:07 PM

2 NSVs to report: I ate out last night for the 1st time & it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! I wasn't even tempted by the beers or margaritas, which is a HUGE victory in my books. And this morning I tried on a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than I usually wear and I was able to GET THEM ON & FASTENED. I wouldn't wear them in public, but the fact I was able to get them zipped up has my mind spinning.

It is a glorious sunny day here, my winter coat is retiring for the season, I'm enjoying a Saturday without being hungry all day, and I am feeling better than I have in years. I am very happy I made the decision to try IP! I am so happy right now that if I weren't me, I would be annoyed with how obnoxiously chirpy I am.

Congrats! :congrat: NSV's are very important. Good for you!

catlady1981
03-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Annik - That terrific. You look fabulous!

MsGracie
03-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I feel great!

When I saw the photos side by side, I was astonished to see myself. Despite the fact that I have lost a tremendous amount of weight, I don't feel 'different' so much as I feel I have recovered my 'normal'. While I was looking at them, I thought of how Michelangelo spoke of his sculpting work. Of his sculptures, he maintained they weren't his creations but instead figures he helped liberate from inside the marble. That's kind of how I feel and I realised that when I saw the pics.

Wow Amber there's so much you say here to which I can relate.

This is not my first weight loss in life. The last time was about 15 years ago when I lost 55 pounds. Slowly the weight crept back on and like you would seem to happen without me really noticing until it was an astonishing amount. And then it just kept going up. And I felt helpless.

At some point I became afraid to try to lose weight again because every time I semi succeeded, I would eventually gain back all I had lost plus more. I had basically given up on trying to lose weight and had resolved to 'just love who I was' when my brother urged/begged/shamed me to try ideal protein (it was not a pleasant conversation). He spoke a lot about my family's concern for my health.

When I found out ideal protein was in my town, I felt obliged to try.

For the first time ever I really think I have found something that works. This has been the easiest "diet " I have ever tried. Once I learned about the principle of ketosis, I understood why was so vitally important to honor the protocols.

I have mentally had a divorce with certain kinds of foods now. I will never go back to sugar. Carbs will always be a danger zone for me... I will avoid any that I know are for me a slippery slope (popcorn).

During this journey I'm so glad to have found three fat chicks on the diet. I've really learned a lot from the ideas that many people share here.

One of the principles that I have now adopted is to look at myself as having a chronic condition called morbid obesity (this comes from Lisa) that I must constantly be vigilant at to properly manage. In other words I no longer look at a number on the scale as destination but a way of life.

I feel the way you do about certain social situations that you do and now chose to decline invitations to places/activities/people where I do not feel confident that I will to meet the challenge. Psychic hygiene? My long-term health is just too important to me. I can't take any of what I have achieved for granted.

I also now think that at 287 I suffered from kind of body dysmorphia -- the opposite kind that anorexics suffer. What while they see themselves as "too fat "
I protectively chose not to really see myself because I couldn't bear to see how large I had become.

I remember having that first photograph taken ( it was at a funeral). I remember thinking "I'm so glad I have nice clothes to wear because even though I am a bigger woman still look really nice.' Well I did look 'nice' but now I see that I definitely did not look healthy. My body oddly had a a misshapen look to it. My face looks so puffy. I had lots of trouble with swollen ankles. I needed a lap belt extender when I flew in a plane.

I think I was in a form of denial just because I felt that the achieving a +100 pound weight-loss had really become an impossibility for me. And there was the fear that if I lost I would gain it all back plus more. How high could I go? Obviously people have managed to go much higher than I was.

Now I faithfully weigh myself everyday. I have a Withings scale that has an app on my iPhone. I check in with that graph every single day.

And in terms of the carbs and sugars? I no longer look at my nutrition as a lifetime of deprivation or denial. I look at ip and ketogenic nutrition as a form of liberation -- as a way to keep hold of my freedom.

I have a friend who's currently in a rehab center for alcoholism. They counsel him to focus on avoiding that first sip and instead of dwelling on how will he get through his life without booze. It is a smaller step then. Just no first sip.

That makes so much sense to me. No first 'bad bite' = no slippery slope.

I sure hope I can do this. I can say that I have never felt stronger or more sure that I have found a way to keep moving forward.

But I'm not taking anything for granted

Sending love,
Annik

This is incredible. I think it will touch everyone. I am new here and feel it is such a wonderful place with such awesome people! Thank you for posting. :hug:

Annik
03-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Ms Gracie,

You have come to really good place. I could not have achieved my success without the people here. The wisdom, the creativity, the compassion, the empathy, the support, the firmness, the discipline, the vision of 'the big picture', the love, the encouragement, the humour, the power, the prayer, the experience, the knowledge...

It's a darn good place. I love it!

Beaming love to you,
Annik

JLUS
03-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Hi! I followed JLUS over here from another thread, just to see what IP is all about.
(Hi Laurie!:wave:)

I saw a couple people mention that they don't like radishes. I never did either, but DH started slicing them paper thin on a mandolin because he was having some problems with his teeth and couldn't bite them. They are so good that way! Moist and tasty. We eat them just like that as a snack, and they are so nice in a salad because they are not big chunks. And they are very easy to grow in your garden or even in container gardens.

Now I'm going to look around and see what I can learn.

Hi Carol Sue... :wave:

Welcome! Message me if you have questions!

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Annik, thank you for sharing your story, your happiness and your determination.

lisa32989
03-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Annik
I'm so glad you're back!
Thanks for posting progress pics!

Annik
03-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Big hugs to you, Lisa,

You have been such an inspiration and source of wisdom for me. I am so deeply grateful.

Sending love,
Annik

RosiePosie101
03-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Fabulous discussion from Annik and 65x65. Such wise words, I'm tempted to print them out and keep by my bed for when I need some inspiration. Thanks ladies for taking the time to write such impressive responses.

65X65
03-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Fabulous discussion from Annik and 65x65. Such wise words, I'm tempted to print them out and keep by my bed for when I need some inspiration. Thanks ladies for taking the time to write such impressive responses.

The comments, thoughts and resolve from Amber and Annik merit the praise, support, and attention. They are very much on target.

Sometimes it takes a while to get one's head into this...but when the switch is thrown...it becomes so much easier to understand...
And the path to stay the course, well.... not always as easy, but once that awareness becomes part of your conscience decision making, that piece is foremost way more than 50% of this battle. It is really what goes on in your head that matters most. That will impact what does and does not go in your mouth. And that becomes habit. It's a keeper!!! One you do not want to change.

AmberLS
03-15-2014, 11:28 PM

Those NSV's sure do feel amazing! Congratulations!!!!
:carrot:

AmberLS
03-15-2014, 11:35 PM
:hug:Amber...you are to be commended. It is most important to be honest with yourself!! And you are well on your way to self accountability with what you have included in your post. Many of us find daily weigh-ins do that for us. I am one of those who finally made my peace with it...and it is as much a part of my AM ritual as brushing my teeth now. Plus..even if I dread it because the day before I had restaurant food...etc......(and OH MY...I think that will be a forever challenge)...not weighing does nothing to help my personal war on weight. The not having to deal with the scale is like pretending you are not overweight and need IP ...or some plan to lose weight. Then there is the "National Registry" which does research on weight loss. That source, and several others say that unequivocally...daily "weighers" end up doing better at losing...but most importantly ... maintaining at a MUCH higher percentage than those who do not. It is like exercise...it becomes habit and you have to condition your mind to handle the fluctuations. A once a week weigh-in is not a guarantee that 1 time is going to capture you at the LOW POINT of your week!!! At least if you are up a pound...you know where you were 72 hrs ago....and also KNOW you did not go off the rails...so you can toss an wiley data point as a deviant number!!...and hope the next "official" weigh will show a bigger decline. For me this activity associated with both losing and maintaining was a head and mind adjustment...just like the reality...carbs create cravings and promote faster weight gain for me than any other food group! That is a reality...so I had no choice but to accept my maintenance was going to look different than some one who is 5'6" ..25 years younger...and does not have insulin resistance!!!

Your decision to stay away from a potentially difficult social event tonight is also proof you are honest with yourself, and making decisions based on your desire to take care of you first and foremost. It will get easier...at some point. The drinks will not always be an issue. And at that point your decisions will not be based on what you are trying to accomplish today.
{Just know your decisions of today...may very well influence what is important to you in the future though...and that is not at all bad!!! } Some of us find not drinking like we used to at events prior to IP is actually OK...if not preferable. Sometimes...I'd rather have a piece of chocolate than the wine...it's all about you!!!

Sounds like you are going in the direction of being able to give good advice to members who may struggle with decisions...:hug: :coach:because you have been there and done it.

Congrats.
This is another milestone in your journey.
A real NSV!!! :goodscale
And each one of these decisions and new habits ....
Makes you stronger...:strong:which is good because...

We are never done with this!

Thank you so much, someone who understands my weighing, my doctor actually told me during my prior journey that it was a good way to keep myself in check as long as I understood the daily fluctuations of my body. And I'll tell you I did a lot of experimenting with weighing myself mutlitple times a day, I can actually tell you at what time I'm heaviest, how much more most clothes weigh lol, and that peeing first makes a difference. The scientific part of my mind has always been curious. I like to chug a bottle of water and see if the scale goes up just cause my logical brain says it should. However for the purpose of this diet I find daily morning weights are obviously the best and I also found that the time change messed that up. Which is strange that in that extra hour of sleep I would lose that extra pound, now instead of weighing at 6:30 it's a lb lighter at 7:30 (I only did this for a couple days after time changes as an experiment.) Anyway I'm all over the place here, I really just wanted to tell you thank you it's nice to feel understood. I am very honest with myself and I plan to retain that, I am my own worst critic.
:hug:

Bellamack
03-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Annik, Happy 100! You did an amazing job in a short amount of time

AmberLS
03-15-2014, 11:42 PM
The comments, thoughts and resolve from Amber and Annik merit the praise, support, and attention. They are very much on target.

Sometimes it takes a while to get one's head into this...but when the switch is thrown...it becomes so much easier to understand...
And the path to stay the course, well.... not always as easy, but once that awareness becomes part of your conscience decision making, that piece is foremost way more than 50% of this battle. It is really what goes on in your head that matters most. That will impact what does and does not go in your mouth. And that becomes habit. It's a keeper!!! One you do not want to change.

Thank all of you! This group is amazing and I'm so glad to have found it right away in my journey. I can always find answers and support and I hope to be able to help others. Weight loss is such an incredibly hard journey, mentally, physically, and emotionally and the world is littered with hazards we face along the way. I keep reminding myself that my first victory will be the under two hundred mark and that I'm on target to get there before my first vacation. If I can do this anyone can!:p

ssdlturtle
03-15-2014, 11:47 PM

Is it not great to get into pants you could not before, I accidently pulled a pair a pants I had tried two weeks ago that I could not get in to and could today. IT WAS GREAT!!! Keep it up

MsGracie
03-15-2014, 11:49 PM

We are all very fortunate to have all these wonderful people around us. :grouphug:

ssdlturtle
03-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Annik- great pictures

Fearciuil
03-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Amber and Annik, thanks for sharing. Annik, you look fabulous!

I got around to cleaning the kitchen this afternoon, and put some things in my "No-no cupboard" for the foreseeable future. Out of sight, out of mind, and I now have counter space for the new stuff I've bought so I can prepare my food to IP standards. The cats thought it was very strange.

Rubygirl
03-16-2014, 03:01 AM

You look fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing. Where are you in Canada?

Annik
03-16-2014, 03:50 AM
Thank you! I feel so healthy!

Dauphin, Manitoba! Originally from Saskatchewan!

Sending love,
Annik

TwoTots
03-16-2014, 04:24 AM
Such fantastic inspirational reading in this weekend's thread. Annik, I love your progress pics. I love seeing before and after pictures. During week in the evening I have been watching a BBC show called Fat Doctor. It's about morbidly obese people who are getting stomach bypass surgery to help them shift their weight. People who have serious food addictions. Firstly, it keeps me from wanting to snack in front of the tv!! But seriously I recognize myself in these people. i recognize their reasons to eat and drink. I have the same behaviors and if I leave myself unchecked, I fear I will be in their position in the future. I am severely obese judging by my BMI, I can still get around and do my daily chores but if I don't get real about my weight now.... On a lighter note it's a beautiful day here today so myself and my husband are planning on taking the kids out on their bikes, they are learning to ride.

Rubygirl
03-16-2014, 04:28 AM
Thank you! I feel so healthy!

Dauphin, Manitoba! Originally from Saskatchewan!

Sending love,
Annik

I'm from Moosomin originally but live at Katepwa Lake north of Indian Head and because I'm very fortunate I spend some of the winter in Arizona:o

Annik
03-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Beautiful! My parents used to live in Indian Head! I love the valley!

I saw Chef Verati when he was in Regina in November. Outstanding turn out -- I am told one of the biggest IP gatherings in Canada? Saskatchewan is burning its fat!

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 05:54 AM
I know everyone says don't weigh daily, but surprisingly its more often a motivator more than anything. I don't have unreal expectations, I'm not surprised to not go down from day to day, I am surprised from morning to morning if I go up but it makes me look harder and make sure I didn't slip up because accidents happen.
Many here weigh daily, or have learned to, after a while, to develop a healthier relationship with the scale.

I think the comments you're getting about daily weighing are due to the angst you're sharing about the scale. Frequent weigh-ins need to be a very emotion-neutral situation. Viewed as factual data, rather than "good" or "bad". When we see someone sharing every little freak out, we're trying to calm them down and keep them on the program because we know it works. We also know that quick WL releases a flood of estrogen, which does crazy things to our bodies and emotions. So, those who have been at it a while can see when someone new comes in & starts micromanaging the scale & over analyzing every movement (or non movement).

If we stay 100% OP (easiest to do if we don't battle from within about it), the overall trend is down. There may be little blips up (always weigh the same time daily to reduce those) or some flatlines, but the trend line is DOWN!!! If the weight is charted, it'll be a jagged looking chart, but if a straight trend line is drawn, you'll see the downward slope.

It is very hard to separate the emotions from the facts but the more we are able to do it, the less stress we cause ourselves and the less cortisol is secreted. Excess cortisol isn't good for weight loss. The Beck Diet book is masterful at helping with the cognitive work necessary to re formulate the thoughts and reduce the emotional response.

So, the suggestions for less scale time come from people seeing reports of an emotional response to the scale. Once the emotions can be calmed (usually after the body becomes accustomed to the Ketosis and the quick fat burning) the scale can be viewed as the monitoring tool it is. Only one monitoring tool, however. Before/during pics and measurements are HUGE motivational tools. When we see the scale causing angst, we look for other ways for people to find motivation. The scale will be there when we're ready to hop on and work on detaching from it emotionally. We've used it for a long time as a tool to beat ourselves up.

Time for a new relationship.

jasmine354
03-16-2014, 06:58 AM
I went bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday with the gang and it turns out I can now comfortably fit into a size 14 :) I was fitting a size 16/18 when I first started this process. We found lovely dresses, but as my friends wedding is not until October, I thought I will hold off a couple of month before ordering mine. ;) Of course the sales rep tried to warn about the possibility of the dresses being discontinued and this of course stresses the bride out! The sales lady then says she can alter any dress up to two sizes smaller...I feel really bad because I don't want to stress out my friend, but I am also trying to avoid paying for a $200 dress and then pay having to pay another $100 in alterations? What would you do? I am weary about ordering a smaller size than I am now because you never know what can happen...I myself feel pretty confident that the dress is not going to be discontinued, i think its all just a sales pitch, but I also know that when you are the bride, your perspective can get a little blurred because of all the things on your plate. Do you think I should just suck it up for my friends sake?

Ruth Ann
03-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Wow - so many great posts to read this morning. Congrats to everyone!

I didn't own a scale for many years. Kept saying "the number isn't important, it's how I feel that counts." Yeah, right. That kept me in denial that I was grossly overweight for years. I now weigh daily and find that I view the number more as just one measure of how I'm doing than the be all and end all. It took me awhile to get used to the fluctuations - the "OMG I'm up a pound I'm going to gain it all back!" feeling. Biggest mistake I made was getting on the scale the day after hernia surgery - I was up 6 or 8 pounds, totally freaked me out until I talked myself down. I mean, what did I expect? It was all gone in a few days.

I like other measures of my success better than the scale. Like my 21 year old niece bringing me clothes yesterday that she was getting rid of and most of them fit! It was a great feeling!

I'm with Lisa - if daily weighing stresses you, don't do it for now. Later you probably will be able to view it more objectively but at least in the beginning you don't need the stress.

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Jasmine, Deanna went through the same dilemma on the board earlier this year. I believe that she decided to honor the bride's wishes. She kept losing, but it turned out fine. How do you respond to pressure? Do you see it as motivation? Then maybe order one size down.

One of the great things about my IP journey is timing. My niece/godchild got engaged in Nov, but the wedding is not until August 2015. Perfect motivation to maintain my goal weight, because there is no way that I am going to be the "fat" one in the family pictures. Wishing you luck in your decision.

drd1961
03-16-2014, 10:14 AM
When I was first put on meds for Graves I was put on what I now know, way to high of a dose. When your resting heart rate is 40 and you are fighting falling to sleep on the drive to work and your hair loses all of its luster and falls out, you know there is a problem. That is when I quit weighing at all. It was so discouraging. In 2 months I put on about 20 pounds and the weight gain continued for another 6 months. After that I stayed off the scale because it was depressing me. For me, getting back to daily weighing was my signal that I was ready to do something about my weight. I understand fluctuations and my weight is actually very steady and always has been from day to day so I trust this measure.

That is me, if it bothers you, stay off.

Wannabehealthy
03-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi Carol Sue... :wave:

Welcome! Message me if you have questions!

Laurie, I looked around a bit and when I read the sticky about phase one I realized that IP is too restrictive for me. I'm disappointed because others seem to have done so well on it, but being realistic, I know myself and I would slip up too often.

That being said, there may come a day when I accept that nothing else is working and might face the fact that "restrictive" is the only thing that's going to help me. It does seem like a very healthy plan. Good luck to everone!

Thanks!

AmberLS
03-16-2014, 11:49 AM
When I was first put on meds for Graves I was put on what I now know, way to high of a dose. When your resting heart rate is 40 and you are fighting falling to sleep on the drive to work and your hair loses all of its luster and falls out, you know there is a problem. That is when I quit weighing at all. It was so discouraging. In 2 months I put on about 20 pounds and the weight gain continued for another 6 months. After that I stayed off the scale because it was depressing me. For me, getting back to daily weighing was my signal that I was ready to do something about my weight. I understand fluctuations and my weight is actually very steady and always has been from day to day so I trust this measure.

That is me, if it bothers you, stay off.

I agree I understand my body fluctuates, I'm new to the diet which has made things different, but the only way to get a grasp on that is to weigh and see how my body is reacting. I think part of the problem for me I guess is that I have posted when my weight went up, twice, the first time turned out to be TOM and the second because I was sick. Yes I was curious, a bit discouraged, and upset because I haven't seen much of that in my body even before I started this diet, I pretty much sat at the same place for the last 2-3 years. I am wrapping up a month OP and getting the hang of it. This week was discouraging because I did kinda hit a flat spot and although it happens to all of us it doesn't mean that we all aren't a little discouraged by it. I also take pictures every two weeks so I will take my 3rd set tomorrow. I also measure myself once a week as does my coach. Part of the discouraging week may be do to the fact that my coach's body comp system was down and I like to see the number of lbs of fat lost. I'm far from overly emotional about it, I don't quit the diet, I know it's temporary, it doesn't ruin my day, just makes me a little discouraged for a minute.

On another note I didn't go out with my family and friends last night. No drinking still 100%op and no cheating.

drd1961
03-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Congrats on that victory Amber! I never took any pictures. I do not like myself on film. Recently I found a family picture from last year's gathering for my Mom's 80th birthday. It was surprising how big I was. My mother-in-law wants some family pictures and when my daughter comes back between semester end and intern, I am going to try and get some for her. I think it will help the brain.

AmberLS
03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Congrats on that victory Amber! I never took any pictures. I do not like myself on film. Recently I found a family picture from last year's gathering for my Mom's 80th birthday. It was surprising how big I was. My mother-in-law wants some family pictures and when my daughter comes back between semester end and intern, I am going to try and get some for her. I think it will help the brain.

So far I don't like my pictures but they are my personal pictures and I don't share them, they are just in bra's and underwear so I can see better.

TurtleMom
03-16-2014, 12:11 PM
I've become a daily weigher since starting IP. The scale I used to use was wildly inaccurate and needed lots of fiddling in order to work at all. Needless to say, it was frustrating to use. I would easily get disappointed and distressed by the numbers when I was trying to lose weight on my own.

Then I started IP and weighing myself somehow stopped bothering me. The little differences from day to day no longer had an impact on how I felt. When I went in for my 1st weigh in, I ended up with a different person doing my measurements. She didn't pull as hard as the coach who did my initial measurements, and I found out that they had nothing on hand to tell me my body fat %. I didn't want the weekly official weigh in & measurements done by different people to be my only gage of my progress, especially as I can only go in during the mid to late afternoons. So I splurged on a fancy new scale. It is the kind that breaks down body fats, muscle %, and gives a body age. I plan on keeping up with daily weigh ins, and doing the full body scan stuff the morning of my official weigh in. With multiple sources of information, surely I will be able to find something about my progress to get excited about! I am counting on this scale to keep me on track once I go into maintenance (and that I can get my body age at or below my actual age) :)

schenectady
03-16-2014, 12:42 PM

RosiePosie - I almost get chills reading your story - I kept waiting to read words that you "had" to eat this or that off OP for whatever reason and that never happened! Congratulations on staying the course and being thoughtful regardless of what challenges you faced.

It can be kind of a fun game sometimes to navigate and evening like that and discover that you CAN do it. One thing I have learned from OP is that it is OK to "make a fuss" when it comes to getting the food you need. When they offer to make that salad, just gush how sweet that is of them to offer, accept, and ask them to prepare it the way it needs to be!

Part of being successful on IP is learning to stand up for your health and your life by politely asking for what you need. I am always very grateful and thankful to places that do that and my waiters always see my gratitude expressed when the bill comes!

Job well done and a nice clean head and mind and body the next day. What a victory!

sapphire83
03-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Question about measuring broccoli. I bought fresh crowns today. Do I include the stem in measuring. I wasn't planning on eating them. Not sure of I should keep them on while measuring. I don't want to have extra in the measuring cup. Thanks in advance. Also, I heard on the radio it's the last weekend of winter. That made me :carrot:

schenectady
03-16-2014, 12:52 PM

You look so happy and starry in your new picture - someone just having a great time in life! Congratulations and start thinking of all the things to which you can treat yourself because you are so close to goal. That reflects a lot of discipline and hard work.

Panya
03-16-2014, 01:49 PM
I will WI today at 6 pm. I hope I lost something :(, Dear God ...

Yayalaine
03-16-2014, 01:54 PM
In the last few years, as my weight went up and up, I really avoided scales, mirrors, and cameras. I actually took a selfie (of my smiling face) yesterday and texted it to my husband. Surprising what a difference to self esteem to lose weight and get smaller clothes.... I know that my self esteem should not be only about my weight (and it's not), but losing weight sure gives it a boost!

PurpleMomster
03-16-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm from Moosomin originally but live at Katepwa Lake north of Indian Head and because I'm very fortunate I spend some of the winter in Arizona:o

Hi to both of you from Winnipeg :D

Annik - you look amazing! Congrats on hitting the 100 mark :bravo:

Hi everybody! Been a busy past few weeks transitioning to a new routine at work but hopefully, it'll slow down a bit now - ha!

Still going strong 100% OP on the Ideal Protein/Pro Energy diet transition. It's been an interesting combination - enjoying some of the PE stuff, they have really good honey nut and cinnamon and vanilla cereals (no white powder, add water - you have these with milk or almond milk in my case) and bars but I do like the IP bars better. Have been really enjoying the BBQ and sea salt and vinegar unrestricted chips though :D

Had family over for supper last night and made a pork tenderloin, hash brown casserole (for them), roasted Brussels sprouts and green beans - yum! They all enjoyed the roasted veggies, it always seems funny to me that food I prepare because it's the way I have to have it seems really good to everyone else, don't know why?!

I have also really been enjoying the Fitbit - very interesting seeing the numbers on the screen. I know I walked a lot at work but seeing how I easily do 10,000 steps a day is great. I don't walk as much on the weekend but I have taken to doing a bit of jogging (inside at the moment, way too icy and yucky outside still) to get those numbers up. The sleep patterns are interesting too - definitely can see when I've had a bad sleep by how many times I'm awake or restless.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!

Jo

Fearciuil
03-16-2014, 02:16 PM
We also know that quick WL releases a flood of estrogen, which does crazy things to our bodies and emotions.

Ah. Aha. That's (part of) the reason I came home and bawled last Monday, then. Monday afternoon/evening had been extremely stressful, but I wouldn't normally have had that reaction, even with pending TOM.

Also, lisa32989, do these look right? IP packet & shredded zucchini muffins (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4689596-post52.html) ... I just made them. Haven't tried them yet because I'm going to use them for my short-lunch days this week. I had a little trouble telling if they were done.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/fear-ciuil/IMG_0794_zps3c8cadbc.jpg

Rubygirl
03-16-2014, 02:44 PM
I didn't trust myself at first and was very slow to tell people. I told DH because of the expense. I did not allow myself to post on the 100% thread until I had been on the diet for a month because I did not trust myself. I was even telling myself, "another diet?".
If eating less and moving more had worked for me I would've lost a long time ago. I have insulin resistance and it takes the very low carb for me to lose weight. It also took a very structured program for me to lose the weight. I was doing pretty low carb and maintaining 260.

Stop stressing. Stress increases cortisol and cortisol reduces weight-loss. It is a bad combo. Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement.......I know I have to feel confident in what I'm doing but I feel like a failure if I don't follow through or "get it done" What amazes me is when people quit smoking and relapse then they just say "never quit quitting" I wish I could feel that about trying to lose weight and people say "never quit trying" Anyway I am going to be strong and try not to care what everyone thinks......this may be all in my head and not reality. My DH does want me lose weight and be healthy and he has always been supportive. My girlfriend I'm afraid will say "oh no don't diet when I'm here on vacation" Cause she will want me to eat what she eats. Aghhhh!!!
I'm going to say "if I was an alcoholic would you insist that I drink with you?"
Wish me luck......I love this forum and all the people on here!!! I know this is going to work for me this time!

Rubygirl
03-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Ruby,
I think many of us been on many diets, but if you stick to this one 100%, you can prove to them it really works. If I were you, it would be my motivation just to prove my husband wrong! ;) Don't be worried about what others think. Do what you have to do to become healthier. Best of luck!

Thanks Tabletop1234 I WILL prove everyone wrong. I appreciate your comments and encouragement. Have a great day!

1LittleStar
03-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to be back on P1 today. I have decided to try alternatives for now, and see how it goes.

I look forward to catching up with everyone and getting to know everyone new.

Had a chocolate shake for breakfast and a yummy crispy cereal pancake for lunch. And pickles, because I have to go shopping for fresh veggies after being out of town for a week.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1LittleStar
03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi to both of you from Winnipeg :D

Annik - you look amazing! Congrats on hitting the 100 mark :bravo:

Hi everybody! Been a busy past few weeks transitioning to a new routine at work but hopefully, it'll slow down a bit now - ha!

Still going strong 100% OP on the Ideal Protein/Pro Energy diet transition. It's been an interesting combination - enjoying some of the PE stuff, they have really good honey nut and cinnamon and vanilla cereals (no white powder, add water - you have these with milk or almond milk in my case) and bars but I do like the IP bars better. Have been really enjoying the BBQ and sea salt and vinegar unrestricted chips though :D

Had family over for supper last night and made a pork tenderloin, hash brown casserole (for them), roasted Brussels sprouts and green beans - yum! They all enjoyed the roasted veggies, it always seems funny to me that food I prepare because it's the way I have to have it seems really good to everyone else, don't know why?!

I have also really been enjoying the Fitbit - very interesting seeing the numbers on the screen. I know I walked a lot at work but seeing how I easily do 10,000 steps a day is great. I don't walk as much on the weekend but I have taken to doing a bit of jogging (inside at the moment, way too icy and yucky outside still) to get those numbers up. The sleep patterns are interesting too - definitely can see when I've had a bad sleep by how many times I'm awake or restless.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!

Jo

Hi Jo!!

Looks like you are doing great! I'm thinking about a fitbit too, which one did you get?

Hope your transition is going well. Must be a bit scary to switch from what you know.

LittleStar

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 03:39 PM
lisa32989, do these look right? IP packet & shredded zucchini muffins (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4689596-post52.html) ... I just made them. Haven't tried them yet because I'm going to use them for my short-lunch days this week. I had a little trouble telling if they were done.
Yup! You'll figure out the timing, I've eaten some pretty raw in the middle til I figured it out :p

I'm going to say "if I was an alcoholic would you insist that I drink with you?"

Also, if you had a health issue requiring a species fix diet, no one would question it. I fail to understand how people dont view morbid obesity (what I had) as equally as serious

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 03:44 PM
NSV for the weekend

I got a shipment of clearance clothes from Coldwater Creek yesterday. Returning most of it because it's too big! You know what fit? The slim cut items. What?? :eek: :fr: :dancer:
Only a few short years ago when I ordered from them, things showed up too small!

Ruth Ann
03-16-2014, 03:49 PM
NSV for the weekend

I got a shipment of clearance clothes from Coldwater Creek yesterday. Returning most of it because it's too big! You know what fit? The slim cut items. What?? :eek: :fr: :dancer:
Only a few short years ago when I ordered from them, things showed up too small!

That is super Lisa! Don't you love having to send things back because they are too big?

When shopping I've taken to grabbing the size I think will fit and the next size down to take to the changing room. My sizes have been changing so much it's hard to tell any more.

MsGracie
03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
NSV for the weekend

That is super Lisa! Don't you love having to send things back because they are too big?

When shopping I've taken to grabbing the size I think will fit and the next size down to take to the changing room. My sizes have been changing so much it's hard to tell any more.

That's terrific- woo-hoo!! You both are AWESOME!! :broc: :broc:

MsGracie
03-16-2014, 03:57 PM
I will WI today at 6 pm. I hope I lost something :(, Dear God ...

You will do great!! :hug:

lgg64
03-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Has anyone continued to lose weight on phase 3 - even though it's not a weight loss phase. Also, am wondering how hard everyone exercised when they got to phase 3 - if they exercised at all....

schenectady
03-16-2014, 05:48 PM
On another note I didn't go out with my family and friends last night. No drinking still 100%op and no cheating.

So proud of the decision you made, Amber! I read all of your postings about your dilemma and I felt for you - the situation you faced was highly charged and emotional. You clearly reflected a lot about what you were facing and your feelings on both sides.

We are all different and so you needed to decide what would work for you. It is hard but I think you will find that the whole process goes better and faster and feels better if you can stay the course.

Good work and I hope you find peace in your own way in regards to the loss of your father.

Yayalaine
03-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I made baked kale chips for the first time this weekend. I made extra to save for today... I wanted them in the car with me for a quick road trip. I was SO disappointed when I opened the sealed container they were in to find them tough and chewy.

So, are they something that must only be made right before eating? Or, would they stay crisp if I stored them loosely covered?

BTW, I placed them in a toaster oven when I returned home.... just for maybe 30 seconds and they did get crisp again. But, I'd like to take them to go with me on some days.

Fearciuil
03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Yup! You'll figure out the timing, I've eaten some pretty raw in the middle til I figured it out :p
Thanks, and congrats on your NSV!

ChipnDip
03-16-2014, 08:45 PM
I made baked kale chips for the first time this weekend. I made extra to save for today... I wanted them in the car with me for a quick road trip. I was SO disappointed when I opened the sealed container they were in to find them tough and chewy.

So, are they something that must only be made right before eating? Or, would they stay crisp if I stored them loosely covered?

BTW, I placed them in a toaster oven when I returned home.... just for maybe 30 seconds and they did get crisp again. But, I'd like to take them to go with me on some days.

I read if you store them on top of raw rice they will last but I haven't tried that yet. I just make them and eat them.

AmberLS
03-16-2014, 09:45 PM
So proud of the decision you made, Amber! I read all of your postings about your dilemma and I felt for you - the situation you faced was highly charged and emotional. You clearly reflected a lot about what you were facing and your feelings on both sides.

We are all different and so you needed to decide what would work for you. It is hard but I think you will find that the whole process goes better and faster and feels better if you can stay the course.

Good work and I hope you find peace in your own way in regards to the loss of your father.

Thank you, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself today, weights on track, about to hit the 20lb mark in 4 weeks!!!! Couldn't have my corn beef and cabbage but I made one heck of a lean roast in the crock pot with cabbage and it's amazing. Been a good weekend. :dizzy:

AmberLS
03-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Ah. Aha. That's (part of) the reason I came home and bawled last Monday, then. Monday afternoon/evening had been extremely stressful, but I wouldn't normally have had that reaction, even with pending TOM.

Also, lisa32989, do these look right? IP packet & shredded zucchini muffins (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4689596-post52.html) ... I just made them. Haven't tried them yet because I'm going to use them for my short-lunch days this week. I had a little trouble telling if they were done.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/fear-ciuil/IMG_0794_zps3c8cadbc.jpg

:p I don't know if they look right cause I've never made them but they look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I think I will try to make some of these next weekend! :)

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Fearciuil
I recognize the Pfaltzgraf Juniper in your pic. It is in my kitchen, as well

PurpleMomster
03-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi Jo!!

Looks like you are doing great! I'm thinking about a fitbit too, which one did you get?

Hope your transition is going well. Must be a bit scary to switch from what you know.

LittleStar

Star!!! I missed you - glad to see you back!!! Looking forwarding to "seeing" you around! What alternatives are you going with? I've incorporated a few as well.

I went with the Fitbit Flex, not the popular choice, lots of people don't seem to like that it goes on their wrist, not sure why. I don't wear a watch so it's not a big deal to me. I got one for my son too - he loves his! I also ended up ordering a pink replacement band - I don't mind the slate blue but I love, love, love pinks and purples :D

The transition isn't so bad, after my trip to Mexico I realized that I enjoyed (and needed) an IP break and now that I'm that much closer to my goal, it's not so intimidating to try something new. The products are very similar as well which helps.

NSV for the weekend

That is so great, Lisa! I automatically go for the largest sizes of things then remember - those aren't going to fit anymore. I went to a hockey game last Wednesday and my favourite jersey is getting to the point of being way too big on me, kind of sad about that but happy that I'll get a new one.

Jo

Fearciuil
03-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Fearciuil
I recognize the Pfaltzgraf Juniper in your pic. It is in my kitchen, as well
Yep. I painted my kitchen in those colors, too. :D

Jenny38
03-16-2014, 10:56 PM

Beautiful picture Annika, you look so healthy.

I wish there was a like button, I took so much from reading this discussion and the feedback from Annika and 65x65:). I have started reading "Refuse to Regain" in prep for maintenance , even tho it is 30lbs away, so much of the book talks about our relationship with food.

Lisa- great NSV on your clothes order:carrot:

I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this forum, you are a wealth of information, support, and encouragement on what will be a life long journey.

ColoradoCarol
03-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Well I went to the CAbi clothing party today. I spent more than I planned on, but got some great pieces. I didn't buy any pants, but did buy tops and jackets sweaters that will work even after I reach goal.

All the tops are a size ...wait for it ....MEDIUM!!! I'm flabbergasted. I can't wait til the get here (7-10 days).

Now, I better get that promotion next month so I can replenish the money I spent from my tax refund.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Monday tomorrow ... Another busy week but I am going to endeavor to not stress out.

HulaChic
03-16-2014, 11:26 PM
St. Patrick's Day Party today...

Well, I did pretty good today. Ate my IP breakfast and post dinner IP snack. But I did eat (on the OK list of IP), but just too much of it. I'm only 1.5 weeks into it. I hope my cravings don't start up again.

JLUS
03-16-2014, 11:34 PM
St. Patrick's Day Party today...

Well, I did pretty good today. Ate my IP breakfast and post dinner IP snack. But I did eat (on the OK list of IP), but just too much of it. I'm only 1.5 weeks into it. I hope my cravings don't start up again.

Not sure WHAT you ate (a word is missing in your post), but if it's on the P1 list, you are probably fine unless you just gorged.

RosiePosie101
03-16-2014, 11:54 PM
RosiePosie - I almost get chills reading your story - I kept waiting to read words that you "had" to eat this or that off OP for whatever reason and that never happened! Congratulations on staying the course and being thoughtful regardless of what challenges you faced.

It can be kind of a fun game sometimes to navigate and evening like that and discover that you CAN do it. One thing I have learned from OP is that it is OK to "make a fuss" when it comes to getting the food you need. When they offer to make that salad, just gush how sweet that is of them to offer, accept, and ask them to prepare it the way it needs to be!

Part of being successful on IP is learning to stand up for your health and your life by politely asking for what you need. I am always very grateful and thankful to places that do that and my waiters always see my gratitude expressed when the bill comes!

Job well done and a nice clean head and mind and body the next day. What a victory!

Thanks for the kind words Schenectady. It was actually easier than I had expected. I think what is keeping me on the straight and narrow is not only putting myself behind by a couple of days in the weight loss but also the whole cost of IP. Alternatives is not an option for me due to high import costs so I don't want to waste any money at all!! It's the accountant in me working out the daily cost of IP. Sad but true!!!

How is the move going?

AmberLS
03-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Ug, I feel like crud, my stomach hurts... I put a lean roast in the crock pot with cabbage all day and had it for dinner, then I drank my first packet of IP pink lemonade needless to say I'm glad my doc gives me packets to try cause I won't be buying any of that. However now my belly really hurts. Not sure why I eat a lot of cabbage and I didn't put anything in the crock pot that wasn't on the program.