100 lb. Club - Getting out of 220's and 230's!

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Getting out of 220's and 230's!

justaloozer
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Starting a new thread for those of us still here! ;)

justaloozer
03-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Wanna I am glad the last of the pity party has gone out of your system. Don't feel bad about restarting, it's way better than just giving up! :hug:

Ion WTG on the jeans!!

Jenny you will be out of this thread in no time!

AFM I am 233.6 today! AF is still here so I'm hoping that she takes another lb or two upon her departure.

Have a great day!

thewalrus0
03-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Finally almost breaking into the 220's!

I am definitely looking forward to it.

jodoto
03-14-2014, 12:49 AM
221for me today....hoping to be a goner by the weekend! Slidin into the next thread....join me!

wannaskipandlaugh
03-14-2014, 08:51 AM
JUSTA! Thank you for starting the new thread (I don't know how to link threads) :)

jodoto! WOW you are on the doorstep of the last 200 thread we have here! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW Great for you!

Walrus.. I am right there with you... I am at 232.0 today (218 on my old scale woohoo) 2 more lbs and then 90 lbs off... I need and want more!

Funny Co inkydink here....I am years past TOM.. years.... But the last few months I have been getting warm flushes... We now, during the time of my (NICE) Co-workers TOM - I am getting cramps??!!! Really??!!!! So wild and I also woosh that same week. My body has adapted to HER schedule.. SO WILD. Wierd what you figure out about your body! :)

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! May we all march down the ladder this weekend and more importantly.. LAUGH ALOT this weekend!

jodoto
03-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi friends....I just want to thank you for all of the encouragement I gained here! I was 220 this morning, so I am going to say so long for now and head on down to the last thread before onederland! I invite you all to join me....I will be "weighting" Thanks again, see you Lighter!!!!! Jodoto

justaloozer
03-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Congrats on the losses Jodo, Walrus, & Wanna!

Tomorrow is my official weigh in but today I was still 233.6. Doing my best to stay OP and will hopefully see some movement for tomorrow's weigh in!

I can't believe that after this thread we only have 1 more before we hit onederland...:dizzy::o:carrot:

wannaskipandlaugh
03-15-2014, 01:26 PM
:woohoo: and :congrat: JoDoTo! WEEEEEEE you are flying now! :) Kick their butts down there and tell them a bunch of us are coming in a week (or few weeks for me)... But we are coming!

Justa... You are doing so darn well! I am enjoying watching your ticker moving to the right! Do you hear the cheering??!! thats me for you!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII MADE IT TO THE 220's! :woohoo: oh I LOVE my WOOSH WEEK (Full Moon I have finally charted it!) I LOVE IT! 229.8 this morning and I was 229.0 after my walk. I am almost floating and I promised myself that I would try and skip when I got to the 220's officially... so will let you know if I am co-ordinated enough LOL (my old scale reads 214.5 which is beyond unreal to me)... If you see a news item of an old heavy lady falling after trying to skip... well thats me! LOLOLOL but NOOOOOOO I am gonna be laughing and skipping YES I AM!

thewalrus0
03-16-2014, 01:06 AM
I feel like a lot of us should be breaking into the 220's together!

Yay!

Dumplin
03-16-2014, 01:52 AM
My weight this week was 229 . I have been away for awhile . Will be focusing on getting back to my last weight on here which was 215 . It helps to be here in the same company with likewise goals . I plan to put some speed on getting to the teens tread . I am trying to learn about "clean eating "also . Does anyone do that here if so I would like to hear how that might be going for you . Thanks and good luck

justaloozer
03-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks wanna! :lol::lol:Have fun skipping!!!!

walrus congrats!!! WTG!

Dumplin I do my best to eat clean. I am doing a Whole30 (which I cheated on yesterday:^:). For the most part it is going well. I dropped 7lbs in 2 weeks! I feel better overall when I eat clean too.

wannaskipandlaugh
03-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Hello Dumplin! :)

Well.. its Monday... I was sooooooo good over the weekend and even walked 14900 steps yesterday and the scale did not budge at all from Saturday.. SHOOT... I know I have another woosh coming soon. Still sitting at 229.8.. but at least it did not go up either!

Hope everyone has a very nice day today!

Mara
03-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Good Morning! I still have not weighed. I know I am up. Trying to get back from derailing with work stress and vacation. I hurt my back while on vacation so I have not been able to much exercising. Wanted to pop in and say you gals are doing awesome!!!

Sue 220's!!!! You are definitley rocking it.

Change4Life
03-17-2014, 03:14 PM
To step on the scale! Great time in Orlando.
Was a really nice break.
Been wicked (with my eating) since I've come home, knowing today we begin again!!

I think I may eat healthy all week then weigh on Friday. But from the way my clothes fit my guess is I'm about 235.

Had yogurt and fruit for breakfast.
Grilled Fish and mashed cauliflower for lunch.

So far, back on track!

TamTam
03-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Ok, my weight is 239.75! I am trying to do the One One One Diet. I am trying NOT to have to go the "getting out of the 240's thread! Hoping to get encouragement and friendships here. Have a blessed day!!:hug:

Mara
03-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Okay I stepped on the scale and I am up to 242.0. Hopefully this will go away quickly and I can rejoin you ladies soon.

Keep up the great work everyone!

TamTam
03-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Hoping for no gain Saturday so I can stay in this group!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
MARA.. you will be back TODAY! :) and TamTam.. looking forward to have you join us too!

I am back to 229.8.

4 days at or .2 away from this weight and I have been on plan and eating less than 1400 calories and MOVING... My skin is loser and I am not constipated....BUT I am not sleeping well.... hhhmmmm wonder if that's it?! Probably... Its always something that causes the weight to stay the same.. Looking forward to a lower number soon!

samcrokitty
03-19-2014, 09:22 AM
I am at 221 today and I am hoping I will be out of the 220's by my weigh in on Saturday!!

Mara
03-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks Sue, not today. Still at 242.0. :spin:

TamTam
03-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Weigh in this morning was 238.2! Yes indeed! Hope it keeps doing in that direction. Getting ready to start the work day! Have a blessed day all!

justaloozer
03-19-2014, 06:19 PM
232.6 today!! :)

Mara you will be back here in no time!

Sam you will nearly be out of this thread!

Wanna sleep may be the issue. Also are you taking vitamins?

wannaskipandlaugh
03-20-2014, 08:54 AM
HEY :woohoo: Justa! Great downward slide for you! :)

Me.. up 230.8 SIGH..... Don't like "3"'s LOL - Looking forward to the weekend where I can walk more and relax. Justa.. it could be sleep and it is so crazy busy at work and I still have to sidestep but work with the Bully at work. I come home with a tight tight tight upper back and it takes the 2 day weekend to lossen it up! and Vitamins.. lord.. I take bunches of them. All Andrew Lessman's - CoQ10, E, Omega 3, D3, C, Calcium, B12, energy, healthy hair skin nails, cinnamon, Cholesterol vit, LOL I am just looking at my bottles and shaking my head. I have alot of them more than I can remember to put here. I started taking these about 3-4 years ago when I was 300+, knowing that I don't like veggies and needed nutrition someway. I still take them as I don't eat enough veggies (dislike texture) so that I know I get my needed nutrients... Alot of it flushes now! LOLOLOLOL

Have a great day all.. All I am thinking is 2 more days of work.. Just 2 more days. Next week (Oh I am shuddering) the nice girl is on vacation and I am left with only the bully for the WHOLE week and I am already swamped and will be dumped with even more (as I have to do the nice girl's work and help the bully) OUCH I feel my back tightening as I write this..

RubyRed93
03-20-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm 228.8 today

Is losing 8 pounds a month a reasonable goal?

TamTam
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm 228.8 today

Is losing 8 pounds a month a reasonable goal?

8 pounds in a month is awesome! The usual recommendation is 1-2 lbs per week so that is a great average!

thewalrus0
03-21-2014, 04:11 AM
I'm just 10lbs away from being into the teens!

The closer I get to Onederland the faster I feel like I want to go but I know I just need to keep doing exactly what I've been doing and quit trying to rush it!

But I'm starting to hit numbers on the scale I haven't seen since I was 19 and 20, so a few years. I haven't been under 220 since I was 18, in fact.

I'm gonna just take a breath and focus on continuing to lose weight. :P

wannaskipandlaugh
03-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Congrats to YOU Walrus! Yes.. when you get into the 220's... Onderland seems possible and Will happen!. Me..... I am sliding back up .2 at a time sigh - 231.0 this morning.. Oh I miss that 229.8 from 3 days ago.. But its the weekend in 9 hours and then I can relax and let my shoulders untense alittle and LOSE THAT WATER!

Rubyred... 8 lbs a month is realistic.. ...I am down to 5 lbs a month or so... but it could be my age (55) too... GO GIRL GO!

TamTam
03-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Well I weighed in this morning at 239.5 so that is .25 loss, not much but I will take it!!!:)

wannaskipandlaugh
03-22-2014, 01:53 PM
:woohoo: TamTam! Glad to have you join us!

Well I was up to 231 yesterday (WORK STRESS GGGRRR) but after my shoulders lowered alittle.. and I did not hear the alarm and I do not have to talk nor see the Bully.. I am back to 229.8.. Last weekends weight.. So I am looking to lose at least 1 lb by Monday AT LEAST! LOL

TamTam
03-22-2014, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=wannaskipandlaugh;4968541]:woohoo: TamTam! Glad to have you join us!

Thank you so very much! I am so sorry you have to deal with someone unpleasent at work! :hug:

wannaskipandlaugh
03-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Wow... we had a quiet group this weekend... I hope that that means you all were having fun! I was away all day... and walked alot - so I was good. Down to 229.6 - drum roll please....... I lost .2 lbs last week WOW! Shazamm! LOLOLOL But better down than Up! Looking forward to WOOSH Week... end of next week. Can't come soon enough!

HOPE that your Monday is nice. I am walking into a stressful and potentially explosive week (Working alone with the bully - sigh). Send me strength! I am taking double the Vitamin D! LOL

RubyRed93
03-24-2014, 09:30 AM
I went up to 231.6. It's so annoying! I can't get past 228.:mad:

Donna34747
03-25-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm new here, but at 235 looks like this is the place for me to hang out. I'm focusing on one day at a time ( or 1 hour at a time).
Just wanted to pop in and say hi :)

thewalrus0
03-26-2014, 01:18 AM
Been hanging around 229 and 230 so I'm just trying to relax.

I've been doing a new strength training routine. Before I basically always did cardio so I think it's probably some water retention from working my muscles out.

Today I overate quite a bit but sometimes a girl just has to overeat. :P It usually resets my focus and curbs some cravings, although I do wish I didn't overeat so often. However, I lost 5lbs this month so I'm trying to remember that sometimes you have slow months but it's progress, not perfection, right?

wannaskipandlaugh
03-27-2014, 09:04 AM
I think our group of posters are MIA.. (Me too!)... Walrus.. you are just trudging along and doing WELL! good for you! RubyRed.. me too.. stuck at that high 220's no too! sigh... Welcome Donna!

Me... I have touched the 220's several times.. LOVED It and had hoped that it would be the decade that I could fly thru (HA HA HA.. best plans Ah yeah.. that idea came back and bit me).. I am now back up to 232.8 and don't know why..... Water??!!! sigh.. have no idea.. Not eating anything that is full of sodium.. so does blackening seasoning do it? must for me.. So alittle down as to that NUMBER.. Sigh.. it is JUST A NUMBER and I know better than to let it get to me too.. I do know better.. but I still get - well GRRRRRRRRR. I just need to look forward.. Can't change yesterday.. just right NOW!...

Work is been extremely busy (which makes the day go by like lightning!) and the bully has been nice to me this week and talking to me. How about that? Well that is this week... (I just pray that it continues for awhile)

I hope you all have a wonderful day and may your scale smile at you!

Donna34747
03-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome!!!

Nagazim
03-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

I've still been trying to have more good eating days than bad and I think overall it's just balancing out. I haven't gained since 3 weeks ago when I was on here so I guess that's something to smile at. I really have had a stress free (boring) pregnancy other than the mind games of "eat the cake, you deserve another slice!" So for the food reasons alone, I'm ready for July so I can get back to my stronger mindset. My sister-in-law found out that she and my brother are expecting a boy in August this week. We're all so happy for them but I can already see on her tiny 5' frame, that she's gaining weight really fast. We've spoken several times about how much harder twinkies make the 3rd trimester. Breathing/walking/living is just hard when you put on 40+ lbs and have no room for your current organs to be. She just doesn't understand it. But she will. They're happy and swimming in chocolate cake lol. I'm happy for them but feel for her in the end. I gained 70+ lbs with my first baby and 25+ with my second. I know how it feels to be huge and pregnant. It sucks big time.

Sorry, guess I'm just in a rambling mood.

I got a fitbit flex. More for after baby, but in hopes it'll get me moving more during this pregnancy too. So far I'm doing well to get 5,000 steps per day. I have horrible pubic pain and walking exaggerates it. I'm still trying. Hoping to make it through the weekend without going overboard. I have revival all weekend and a baby shower tomorrow which means A LOT of eating out/junk food. =]

Keep on keeping on, ladies!

Mamayezi
03-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi I'm new here and weigh 220 and hoping to bring that number down! And from what I have been reading, all the success stories I'm sure I will get there too.

justaloozer
03-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi ladies!

I have been a bad girl lately! I had house guests for the last 10 days. For the most part I ate well, but the past few days not so much, particularly yesterday when I ate out twice! I am up to 236.8 this morning! I can't be sad about it because I deserve it. I woke up with an awful belly ache today so I decided to get back on track.

RubyRed93
03-29-2014, 10:42 AM
I'm afraid to weigh myself. I didn't go to the gym yesterday because I went to a funeral. Then my mom asked me to bake a cake, which I had 2 slices of. And after that, My uncle baked 2 batches of cookies, which I had 5 of. I'm afraid to weigh myself because I think it's probably going to go back up to the 230's.

RubyRed93
03-29-2014, 02:27 PM
I think I'm going to throw out that cake. If anybody asks I'll just say "Isn't it on the counter?"

Donna34747
03-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Why have I never thought of throwing out the tempting treats? Of course, if I did that everyone would just assume I ate the treats. Lol

wannaskipandlaugh
03-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Hello all... I hope that you had a great weekend! It was nice yesterday here in Fla... One of those postcard days (Great for all the Spring Breakers...oh I can't wait til I feel and look good enough to go to the beach again - a whopping 5 miles away LOL)

I have been hovering around the low 230's (232.2 today) which is frustrating and also shows that I only lost 1 lb in March.. NOT good for 31 days! ... So recommitting for April as I want a good no for my Birthday in May!

Hope you all have a great day!

Donna34747
03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
I had a pretty good weekend here. We brought the dog to an area state park (I've never been) and did some hiking. I grabbed one of the maps and there are miles and miles of trails. Who new? Lol. It looks like I could go there every weekend for a 2 or 3 mile hike and never repeat myself in 6 months. It was great family time as well.
I'm trying to stay healthy with my eating and have made a big pot of lentil and mushroom soup for a go to snack or meal whenever feeling hungry but want something quick.
Hope everyone has a great week ahead of them!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Creeping back down.... Made it to 231.4 (still 1.8 over my low)... Looking forward to my woosh week... Next week?? :)

cleanslate
04-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi Everyone!

I said I would not come into this group until I had been under 240 for a few days, I am just under 235 :cp:

Since this group covers the 220 and 230`s I will probably be here for awhile.
I had a hard time finding this group again, I had seen it before when I posted in the 240`s. I still haven`t figured out how to follow a thread.
I did find one of my posts earlier from a few days ago...I think it was because someone replied to it today.
If there is a place to learn how to find stuff or follow threads please point me in that direction...thank you.

I am happy to be here and hopefully can get to know all of you a little bit.
I did not notice if there was a different thread for when we are under 220, is there…
also any computer savvie people out there who can tell me what I did to my keyboard… It is giving me this funny E when I try to put a question mark, and it is making my apostrophe`s funny.
It seems like when I turn off my computer and restart it my keyboard is fixed, but there must be a key sequence or something that causes this.

Thanks all! I am off to bed, have a good night and hopefully I can find this in the morning :D

wannaskipandlaugh
04-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Welcome to you Cleanslate.... :)

This thread has been very quiet lately... We had had a mass exodus of people moving into the 2 teens to Onderland (next thread) and the rest of us have been MIA. When people post in threads it moves the threads to the top of the page and as people post in others... this one would move down. Because we are not as busy - this thread has visited the 2nd page (look at the right corner of the Main 100 section and you will see Page 1 of 100000000 or so :) If you don't see this thread go to page 2. BUT I AM HOPING that people will be posting more..

NOW that you are here... I hope you do move thru the 2 decades faster than you think! You can do it!

I am finally back in the 220's HOORAY and plan on not going back to the 230's My eye is on the next cloud9 to get to 100 lb loss! I see it... Yep it is right there in front of me! oh 229.4 today!

Donna34747
04-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Welcome clean slate. I'm completely clueless when it comes to keyboards and stuff like that but wanted to congratulate you on dropping to 235. What plan are you following?

Donna34747
04-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Wannaskipandlaugh. You're so close!!! I can't imagine the excitement you must be feeling to be so close to such a big goal. Do you have something special planned to celebrate the milestone?

RubyRed93
04-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I finally broke through 228. I was stuck there for about a week. This morning I was 226.8. Hopefully I can stay at 226 and not gain. If I do stay then I'm going to take progress pics. I take pics everytime I lose 10 pounds so I can track my weight loss.

Olivia7906
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
cleanslate - here is how you follow a thread. At the top right corner of the thread, you will see a link called "Thread Tools" (it's next to "Search This Thread"). Click the down arrow on "Thread Tools" and you'll see a link that says "subcribe to this thread". Click that. It will take you to a new page and you will see a button that says "Add Subscription". Click that and you will be subscribed to the thread! Now to access all your subscribed threads, click the "User CP" (the first link in the purple toolbar) and you'll see all your subscribed threads! Hope this helps! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
04-04-2014, 09:36 AM
RubyRed... I hope I follow your example soon.. I am back up to 230.4.. shoot.. why can I not stick with the 220's ggeeezzzzz

fadedbluejeans
04-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in so long I had to search for the new 230's-220's thread. I'm sticking with it, but the losses are so s-l-o-w it's maddening. On the bright side, the snow is almost gone here - walked (for exercise) outside yesterday for the first time since last fall. Had to dodge some snow, ice and mud puddles, but it was lovely!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Hello again Faded! :)

Well... I am back in the 220's 229.8 this morning and then after my walk 228.8.. ooooooooooooooo I sure do hope that my woosh week is starting! I need it (mentally!!!!!)

Have a great day all!

RubyRed93
04-05-2014, 11:42 AM
What causes a woosh?

wannaskipandlaugh
04-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Ruby... in my case... its 1 week a month (I don't get TOM anymore) where my body just ditches water/Fat in a big amount 5-6 lbs in a week. The rest of the month I lose (If I am good and perfect HA!) about 1/2 to maybe a 1 lb a week. I don't know what causes the wooshing except it is probably hormones and the thyroid regulation.. that is all I can think of. I don't eat or drink anything different.. it just happens (I have a chart and see the up down up down up and then big time down then up down.. its kind of neat to see set out that way and gives my brain an answer. Tho I still get frustrated!) That is my explanation.. but I am sure that there are different reasons for wooshes for others! :)

fadedbluejeans
04-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but this morning I am closer to 230 than 240. Not moving the ticker just yet though :-)

wannaskipandlaugh
04-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Hooray... Finally a WHOLE lb+ into the 220's (228.8) now to go forward and do the DownDownDown dance! :)

Happy Monday all!

cleanslate
04-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks for the welcome.
Olivia, thank you for telling me how to follow a thread
Donna,
As for what I am doing, well I am trying to eat low carbs, moderate protein, and fats. I used to eat a LOT of sugar and carbs, and really no veggies, because of that I decided for right now to not have any fruits, dairy, nuts, grains. I think I have some sensitivities to grains and dairy, but maybe it was just a combination of too much sugar + carbs. I think I am insulin resistant because of the way I used to eat, so I am hoping to turn that around by my new eating plan.
I am eating lean proteins 4 x a day, I found this formula: body weight in lbs. X .4 = grams of protein for a sedentary person. So I try to get that amount each day.
I am eating alkaline forming veggies at lunch and supper. For example: salad with spring mix lettuces, romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumber, celery, kale, swish chard, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, garlic, onions, leeks. Sometimes I grill the veggies, make a soup, or just add to my salad. I try to have salad veggies of 2 cups, plus from the cabbage to the end of the list 2 cups of those kinds of veggies at lunch and again at supper. Maybe once a week or so I have an avocado, red peppers, or something like that, but no starchy veggies.
I take these supplements: multi-vitamin, chromium, kelp, calcium/magnesium, potassium, omega 3's.
I am trying to read as much as I can and learn more so that I can make sure I am getting all the nutrients I need.
I have no idea how to calculate the calories/carbs in the veggies I eat, I am assuming that I am getting at least 1200 calories a day, but I really don't know.
I use coconut oil and grapeseed oil, Herbamare, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, unsalted blends like Mrs. Dash herb and garlic, and I use some apple cider vinegar on my salad.
I use protein drinks, with stevia.

This is probably all too much information.
If anyone has any advice or suggestions I am willing to listen.

Olivia7906
04-08-2014, 11:15 PM
cleanslate - I use this website (United States Department of Agriculture - USDA) when I want to know all the nutritional information in whole foods. If the USDA doesn't know, then who does lol. You should definitely be able to find calorie counts for all the veggies and fruits you eat. You can adjust the quantities too and get a count for whatever amount. Hope this helps.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

wannaskipandlaugh
04-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Well.. you would think I would learn....(231.0). a slip on the tongue (pretzels and chocolate and I am doing Atkins) and weight gain (water really from the inflamation) and being older... it just takes alot longer for it to melt away!.. ALOT Longer ggrrrrrrr I know this... I really do and yet I continue to do this every other week or so... I have signs up everywhere telling me. Do your really want to eat that?? etc.

How do you all ignore that little Voice in your head when it just gets overwhelmingly strong?

justaloozer
04-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome cleanslate!

Sorry wanna! I was really bad for over 2 weeks. I gained 9lbs! As of today I am back down to 235.4, so I have lost 6lbs. Hoping to see the 220s by the end of this month. AF is here so I am pretty sure this will be a slow week of weight loss for me.

CooCooCaChoo
04-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Hi all! Thanks to Cleanslate for asking how to subscribe! I'm in for this 20 lb haul. Excited to be part of a group :)

butterflygirljb
04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Hi ladies. Jennifer here. Can someone help me?. I can't seem to get past 233. It's like I'm. Cursed to stay there. I get to that number and then go up one or two then back down to that same number. Working out. Walking. Doing zumba and low carb. I'm so annoyed. :(

wannaskipandlaugh
04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Butterfly.. ME TOO! I have hovered around 229.8 for 3 weeks now. Something will happen and then you (we) will woosh! PATIENCE.. it is our 4 letter word (I hate the word stall! LOL)

Justa.. So so sorry you had that gain.. but look at you losing more then 1/2 of it already! I know you will fly by me again (scale no wise)... So I will grab your coat tails as they say! :)

CooCooCaChoo.. Welcome to our thread!.. Glad to have you!.. I hope your stay is NOT long! :D but please post as often as you can.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! the 2 Teens are beckoning us!!!! :)

CooCooCaChoo
04-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Good Morning! I have been playing with 3 lbs for over a week. Up and down the same 3 lbs. So frustrating. Finally broke thru (hoping it sticks) this morning. Down .5 a lb but I will take it!!! With that I will officially say i've now lost over 10% of my body weight. I am hoping the next 20 lbs will be smooth sailing but only time will tell and I'm committed no matter what!

I started February 21, calorie counting (1200 to 1400) a day. Little by little I added exercise and am now doing it 5 times per week, about 60 minutes a day. 30 min cardio, 20 min weights, and 10 grueling minutes of crunchies and reverse crunchies. I have had two lengthy plateaus, but tend to have a woosh after them. Hopefully mine is coming soon again.

I love that I've found a place to belong! I like this site but have been sort of wandering since I started.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-12-2014, 10:16 AM
I usually woosh 1 week out of the month.. it has been more than 4 weeks now.. My woosh is wandering out in the woods.. has anyone seen it!? It has a loss of 4+ lbs marker on its head.... Let me know if you spot it. I promise to share... In order to entice that woosh fairy.. I tried the IAN Beer only for dinner diet last night and lost the last of my water weight gain... So back to 228.8 (my low for this journey)... so that helped.. but I had to cheat to do that.. so Woosh fairy... pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wannaskipandlaugh
04-13-2014, 12:19 PM
WOOHOO.. Happy Camper here!.. I wooshed last night (ooooo do I have my 3 more days of woosh still coming??!!! Full Moon Woosh week for me).. so I am down to 226.6 ! I am solidly in the 220's now and my old (lying scale) shows me at 212.+ ohhhhhh wow.. I wish that were true... but it will be!! Yes it will happen!!!) My lowest weight again since I was in my 30's (I am 55+) :D :D :D :cheer2: :D

I also had an NSV... clothes shopping. (have not done in over 3 years) I was a 2X top and 4x bottom last year January when I started this journey..... welllllllll Walking around Bealls (the store here in Florida) I picked up 1 x's TOO BIG! wow.. So I tried on regular larges.. LARGES! and they fit (some alittle loose.. but aok with me) and I fit into a medium also in 1 peasant tank top (beautiful). I am floored!! Bottoms.. well... That will be another adventure some other day! (all my shorts I had to cut 2 inches of elastic in the waist band - good thing I sew)... and these shorts now look like skirts and people are commenting that they like my skirts! LOLOLOL I LOVE IT! :)

I hope that my Gleefulness is shared by you all with your goods things today!

CooCooCaChoo
04-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Congrats to you. I am jealous! I'm down 1 lb. From my sticky 3 lbs. I am finding myself oddly not hungry which has me a little concerned.

I bought some 1x tops and they fit nicely so I can relate to the joy you feel. I cannot imagine being in a regular large!! Good. For. You!!!

justaloozer
04-13-2014, 03:14 PM
WTG wanna!!!!!!

Down to 234 today. My lowest was 232.6 which I am sure I will see and pass by next Sunday's weigh in. I've been doing T25 and just completed week 1 yesterday. I also joined a women's softball team which will hold a practice 1x a week and a game 1x a week. Looking forward to see the 220s soon!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-14-2014, 08:43 AM
YAY for the Down Down Justa! and Yep.. you will see your low by Easter I bet!

CooCoo.....Be careful of not eating. Sometimes our bodies go into the zone of starvation... Don't let that happen as you need to eat. If you don't eat, your body will consume your muscle for food and energy. Try your best to eat your required food. Sometimes people only lose weight when they eat..... and I know you will LOSE more of that 3 lbs you want!.. Can I tell you that in the last 3 weeks I only lost 1 lb!.. Yep... I only lose weight 1 week out of the month (and I don't get TOM).. Its the full moon woosh for me.. and then I suffer for 3.5 weeks watching everyone lose... But that is okay.. We all have different bodies and internal clocks! You will lose I KNOW IT! :)

226.6 again today.. so my whoosh from yesterday stuck. yay.. I need 2 more to get my 5 lbs for the month!!! Tho I might have a small uptick as I had breaded (Crunchy) Grouper for dinner last night and I am doing Atkins (NO bread).. but it was my parents 58th Anniversary and I did not want broiled fish... 55 and Still Learning!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Eh... woosh week ended I guess after 1 day. sigh... Still need 2 more by Sunday.... Maybe a sauna?? LOL 227.2 today.. up .6 (salty food for dinner)...

thewalrus0
04-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone! I've been MIA with finals around the corner but I'm getting awfully close to the 210's!

:D

justaloozer
04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
wanna you are so insanely close to losing 100lbs!!!!!!!!!!

yay walrus!!!!!!

Since I started softball I have been super sore! It caused a slight weight gain (went up to 235). I am 234.6 today. I am hoping to see a whoosh soon. AF left yesterday so I am hoping she takes a lb or 2 with her. Still doing T25!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Justa.. I hope that AF took 2+ lbs with her! :) and sorry you are sore from Softball (Sounds like alot of fun tho!) You will be wooshing I just bet!! and Thank you for the shout out.. I am even closer to -100...and soon I will be starting to smile insanely! LOL

Walrus.. Hello back at you! Hope the finals go well! and good for you for still losing weight with all that pressure!

ME??!!! I am down down down (ahhhh woosh week just had 1 interruption yesterday).. I am down to 225.4 HOORAY! and 211.4 on my old scale.. OH WOW! I will get a few more gone by Easter so I can get to my mini goal on another challenge. I soooooo want to be 220 by my birthday in less than 3 weeks.. so hoping I can still lose a lb or 2 during my non Woosh Week!

CooCooCaChoo
04-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Finally down 30 lbs ladies! I didn't think it was ever going to happen. MyGoodness!!! Interestingly enough I've increased my calories a little bit due to hunger and haven't had time to work out nearly as extensively.... I don't know what to think. Fluke? Was I doing to much? Was I not eating enough? Why can't I figure out the right path. Nothing has been very consistent, though its only been less than 2 months. Ideas?

RubyRed93
04-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Congratulations CooCooCaChoo!!!!! I can't wait till I'm at that point.

So I have this friend that's trying to lose weight with me, but I feel she doesn't know how to do it at all. One time we went to the store and I saw the new box of Lucky Charms (I love cereal, it's my weakness) and I said "I wish I could get this". And she said "Then get it". So I said "I can't, I'm trying to lose weight". So then she responded with "But you've been doing so good, you can still have it". And that's when I realized why she never loses weight.
I have convinced her to drink more water though and she lost 6 pounds of water weight. She was also recently disgnosed with PCOS. So now it'll be even harder, but I'm just going to encourage her.

Donna34747
04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Ruby red. While it's nice to have friends to lose weight with you have to be careful not to let them drag you down when they don't take it seriously. When ever I'm considering cheating I'm always running different scenarios thru my head justifying why I should allow myself to cheat, I don't need a friend egging me on as well. Lol.

CooCooCaChoo
04-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Ladies ladies ladies. Help me! Over the last 4 days I have lost 3 lbs. .5, .5, 1, 1. Have you seen a woosh happen over a few days timeframe? I am eating more calories, and have been lax on the exercise. Believe it or not I am a little concerned and more than confused. Am I just having a funky month? On April 21 it will be offically 2 months so I don't necessarily know what my pattern is. I've had weeks were I don't lose, I have had wooshes, I have had lose and gain of a few lbs, but that all happened while I was stritly eating 1200 calories and working out 5 times a week. I don't know what to think or do.

justaloozer
04-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Coocoo I would go with it. If your body is responding and you are going about it in a healthy way, I say it's probably a whoosh!

I'm having a HARD time! I have not even lost a single lb this week at all. My eating has been pretty on point and I have been exercising. It is so frustrating! I upped my cals a teeny bit the last few days and haven't been exercising much the last three days either, thinking maybe I am just sore and holding on to weight. The scale budged HALF A POUND this whole week. :( I am going back to C25K tomorrow because my softball teammates are fast as heck and I am slow as molasses so I want to practice running more. Hopefully I start dropping lbs again. I was dying to be in the 230s but now I can't seem to get out of here!

MarliQQ
04-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Obviously still ghosting this thread..... :D.
Some rooting for Wanna going on ;).

Anywho--CooCooCaChoo Yes whooshes can and often happen over days. Mine works that way too, and I may even see small jump back up after it's done, which is fine. Depending on your workout regimen, it can totally mask weight loss for weeks, as you hold water to heal those new muscle tears you are creating. So I definitely understand what you are experiencing during your "rest" days. I lost several pounds after taking a week off from my normal workout. This is why they say measurements are a better indication of weight loss, because we are comprised of so many variables, fat, muscle, water, waste etc...
I also would like to note that I have experienced the dreaded weight gain experience at the start of a new workout program as well. But those should go away after 2 weeks or less for most people--I have even heard a full month. I think any longer and something is wrong...

CooCooCaChoo
04-19-2014, 11:44 PM
Thanks ladies. Half a lb reappeared. Grrrrr. I wish I understood my body better. Everytime I start to think I have things figured out I suddenly realize I am still clueless. Today was our day to celebrate Easter with our families and the first day ever that I've ate 2 bad meals. I made a conscious choice when I woke up today I would eat small portions of things I wanted. I don't feel guilty surprising, and I am actually looking forward to going back to my new lifestyle tomorrow.

While we were at my families house I noticed a scale in the kitchen. I looked around and nobody was looking or paying attention to me so I figured I would weigh myself to see how close it was to my scale at home. To my complete horror and mortification it loudly announced my weight to everyone, not once but twice. I wanted to cry. It also said I was much heavier than my home scale, but I had on a lot of clothes including thick jeans. Sigh.

Justaloozer, how do you like C25K? I have thought about it but am pretty embarrassed to run in public. I feel ridiculous.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates. To everyone else, have a great Sunday!

heybabyquepaso
04-21-2014, 02:40 AM
I'd like to join in this thread. I'm at 226 as of Thursday, which is nearly the highest I've ever been and I'm feeling super down on myself. I think my problem has been sticking to a plan. I have a feeling logging my foods would help, as that is what helped in the past.

Coocoocachoo- I did c25k last year. I remember feeling weird when I ran in public at first too. I just tried to block it out. Once, a woman stopped me in her car to tell me that I was doing a great job (I was running with the jogging stroller). As much as I say I tried to block it out, being self-conscious is one reason why I'm not running now (and my stroller is busted).

CharityMarie
04-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Sorry to barge in ladies but I've been reading some of your posts because I'm very excited to join this thread soon! Not official yet but I'm sure I'll make a loud entrance when it is! haha.. I know I'm still big for my weight.. but geez, 230 something sounded like a pipe dream months ago!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Welcome to those that are coming and those that are new here! :)

I am having a really hard time getting my mind back on track (AGAIN!) This has been a tough battle with my inner voice (EGO) ARGH. and it has won out over my good senses these last few days... So I am up in weight (I feel it and know it).. Giving myself another good talking too (did it a month ago) so that I can get going on this journey. I am NOT going to continue to go backwards.. BEEN THERE and DO NOT WANT THAT.. Going forward is a direction that goes towards victory and health!

Hey MarliQ Thank you for the wink.. I will get going so that I can get into those 2 teens .. tho I have a feeling you will be in ONDERLAND by then! :)

CooCooCaChoo
04-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Welcome all the ladies joining us.

Wanna, I can relate. My whoosh that happened over 4 days has all piled back on over 4 days. I cannot budge these 3 lbs. I am so upset. I feel myself giving up and it feels so hopeless. How can I be so stuck at only 2 months in. Its been weeks since I've lost anything, 3 weeks to be exact. Every morning when I see the same weight or a gain I feel like my heart literally breaks. I am still eating healthy, actually have no desire to eat bad. My issue is that I don't want to work out. At all. Now, the sensible side of me said this lack of exercise is contributing to my depression. But the old me says I don't care about being sensible.

When I had my whoosh and I thought it was related to eating more I figured out that my fitbit was set to estimate my calories burned, so, I disabled the estimator. Sure enough, it took the data from the last 2 months and showed I burn about 2600 calories a day. So, I would be able to eat 1600 to still have that 1000 calorie deficit to lose 2 lbs a week. Great! Just what I figured might be happening. So my strict 1200 calories a day wasn't enough. Well.......... Yesterday,another lazy work out day for me. I ate 1275 calories. The fitbit is telling me I overate!!! So now I am like "what the heck!"?!?! And lo and behold, the scale shows another .5 lb gain this morning.

Sorry for rambling. Bottom line is I have no idea what I am doing. I have no idea what I should be consuming. I know I am eating healthy. Am I eating enough? No clue. Too much? Who knows. Do I need to resume exercising? Absolutely. How do I do that when I feel so discouraged? I don't know.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-23-2014, 08:45 AM
CooCoo.... It is aggravating - this journey sometimes.. I think our bodies just react to situations and stress which releases hormones and then hold water. (Just my thinking) Less food does cause weight loss.. but it does not always show up right away. I woosh 3-4 days a month.. that's it. During the off time I might (MIGHT) lose 1-2 total lbs.. but I need those woosh days to lose 4 lbs (and I gained my woosh lbs right back too last weekend plus 3! argh). Patience.. it is our lesson on this journey I am thinking and THANK GOD we have each other to rely on for help and understanding and comiserating with! CooCoo.. you will get a loss.. you surely will and I will lose this cr*ppy gain.. I will! We are DETERMINED! and COMMITTED! :)

justaloozer
04-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Looks like we are all in the same boat. My scale is not budging. In fact, it went up almost a full pound! I am 234.2 today. I have been exercising 5x a week and eating at a deficit. Between Mon-Tues I burned 1530 cals! Still no loss. I feel myself wanting to quit. I've been losing and regaining the same 2lbs. :(

CooCooCaChoo
04-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Hugs all you ladies tight! We can all do this. We will all get thru this together. I woke up with my period and a 1.5 lb loss, how crazy is that?! I am still up a lb from my lowest weight.

Wanna, you are such a positive aura. I am so glad I found this group!

Justa, know you aren't alone. I felt exactly like you describe. Today I am too overcome with menstrual pain to care about the number on the scale, isn't it funny how that works? You've already come to far to give up. I admire you.

Both of you amaze me with your success. I am blessed to be part of this with you.

wvuchick
04-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi all,
Thought I would join in this thread. With 15 lbs to lose before reaching the two-teens, I'll be here awhile. (But hopefully not too long. ;))

CharityMarie
04-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Still lurking here ladies, my official weigh in today was 240 so I'll give it a few days and hopefully report back as an official member of this thread, which in itself is very exciting (at least for me!)

wvuchick
04-23-2014, 05:06 PM
You can do it CharityMarie. :goodluck:

CooCooCaChoo
04-24-2014, 08:40 AM
You got this CharityMarie!

Welcome wvuchick!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Happy Thursday to you all!

CooCoo... I too am so glad we all have each other! I would be lost without you all!

Justa....You Can do it! Yes you can. Just get thru today.. just 1 day and see what miracles you can do (and that dastardly scale can just give up giving bad news!) Just 1 day :)

Wyuchick Welcome to you! We are glad you are here and it will be great to see you fly thru these 2 decades... as I bet you will do just that!

CharityMarie... I bet if you took off your earings or necklace, ring.. you will be in the 230's COME ON IN!

Me.. lost 1 lb of the 5+ water lbs gain from the weekend.. back down in the 220's to 229.6.. have 4 more lbs to go to get to my low of last week and then I want MORE! No reason for bad meals until next week (my mom's birthday.. ouch... but that is NEXT week! and alot can melt away before that!)

wvuchick
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome all! :wave: Keep the faith wannaskip. Fingers crossed for you to get back to your low.

I go to the doctor this afternoon for my annual blood work review. It was pre-"diet". So it will be a good starting point. Still hoping for good results, so I can get them even better in this new WOE (Fast-5).

Hope everyone has a good day!

justaloozer
04-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Yay for losing wanna!

Welcome to the new folks in this thread! :)

My scale hates me. I had a pity party which consisted of a salted caramel milkshake and a package of milk duds. *sigh*

RubyRed93
04-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Justa, Sometimes the scale can be a little unfriendly, but just stay focused and you'll push through.

This morning I was 221.6. I still have hope that I'll make my 220 pound goal for April.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Ruby You are just about outta here! Hooray for you!. just a scooch more :) keep that two teens thread warm for us all! :)

Justa.. I know about that pity party... I was attending it also last weekend... Tho its the LITTLE VOICE Party for me. eat this eat this eat this and feeling bad makes the resistance harder. The best thing we do for ourselves is to start again! We know we can do this thing (you have LORD look at you! 83 lbs lost!!!! You have lost a PERSON! Shazam!!!!!). We know we can do this. Starting over and going forward is the Best Direction. Giving up and going backward is NOT an OPTION! We don't want to feel and look like we used too.. NO WAY! I believe in you!

WV... oh I can't wait to hear what your doctor has to say!

CooCoo.. I hope you are having a GRAND Weekend! :)

Me... I still have 2 more lbs of water weight to lose (tomorrow !! LOL) but down to 227.6... OOOOOOO I want 220 so badly now! I do have blinders on! I am joining a few ladies in our Atkins area to do induction for 7 days and keeping ourselves honest with posting our menus etc... so I will be accountable and honest and lets see what I weigh a week from Monday!! :)

Happy Weekend all! and Charity Marie... soon soon soon you wil be here and will be bringing a bunch of others with you!

justaloozer
04-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks Ruby! Good luck on seeing 220 before the end of April. You are not far off and you can do it!

Wanna thank you so much for your pep talk! Your kind words have made me feel better! You are so close to 220 so keep going!

I weighed in today at 233.6, down the same lb that I keep losing and gaining. Hopefully the downward trend continues and I hit and pass my low (232.6) soon.

thewalrus0
04-26-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm hanging around 226 but I've had some really liberal treat days this week so I'm back on track this weekend, hoping to see 219 in a couple of weeks!

I've been running and strength training for the past month so that's good for me. I also bought a bike so I'm hoping to be really active this summer and make it a strong habit before winter drives us indoors again. I've done fitness on and off and each time I've gotten a little better but I always end up taking long breaks where I lose any real progress. Sure I've lost pounds but I haven't been able to put on any muscle or build up my heart strength.

So it's really amazing to finally see lengthier runs and easier strength routines. The scale is bugging me a little, since I'd like to get into the 210's, but I'm trying to focus on the good.

Here's to sticking with it!

CooCooCaChoo
04-26-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm back up to 1 lb from my profile but I refuse to change it yet. I'm gonna defeat this stale once and for all.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Xoxo!!

justaloozer
04-27-2014, 10:00 AM
walrus awesome job on running and strength training!

coocoo my scale changed and i never moved the ticker back up!

In good news it looks like my scale is FINALLY back to moving down! I finally hit my low so my ticker is accurate! Woohoo!!!!!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
04-27-2014, 10:22 AM
:woohoo: Justa! ME TOO! I match my ticker weight again.... So we lost what we had gained last week (even that dastardly lb!) Good for you!.... NOW ONTO Foreign Territory of lower numbers WOOHOO!

CooCoo... Don't acknowledge that lb... it will disappear before you even have to change your profile! :D

Okay.. down to 225.4 (I was jumping for joy as I saw a lower no on my scale last night compared to the morning and THAT never happens as usually I am 2 lbs heavier so I knew!! :D) I have 8 days to lose 5 lbs.. I CAN AND WILL DO IT.. Induction started yesterday afternoon and will continue for 8 more days!

Note: I saw "Heaven is for Real" yesterday and it made me feel so good (had a good cry too!)

CooCooCaChoo
04-27-2014, 11:42 AM
My profile is accurate again too! Good job ladies. Lets keep this ball rolling!

Sakurai
04-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Alright, you guys got me pumped... I'm back in the game! I regained 55 lbs (of my hard-fought 105 lb weight loss) over the last 4 years in med school, yoyo'ing all the way along. I weigh what I did in college again and almost don't recognize myself. I posted for a few weeks a couple of years ago, but didn't really find the right thread to join in and dropped off the radar. But this just isn't working for me, doing it on my own, so I'm back for good. Hi! :wave:

So what areas do you guys frequent on the 3fc forums? How did you find the right threads for you?

wannaskipandlaugh
04-28-2014, 08:36 AM
Hello and Welcome Sakurai Glad to have you join us! But I also hope that you lose those gained lbs fast and fly to the 2 teens :) But glad to have you with us while you are here! :) I frequent the Atkins area along with Chicks up for a Challenge (love the short challenges and I do the Lazy Man's Marathons - which give me more motivation to walk!)

Well here it is Monday and I should have had a great and fantastic lower number this morning as I weight the same in the aft as I did in the morning.. but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I gained .4 lbs grrr 225.8 shoot. Well I had salty Chili (tho only 1/2 a cup).. and I soaked up water all night long.. Just alittle quishy today! :lol:

Have a great Monday ALL!

justaloozer
04-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Yay for matching our tickers again wanna and coocoo!

Sakuri welcome to the thread! I usually frequent this thread, the 100lb club, and lurk in the success stories section for motivation.

wvuchick
04-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Good Monday morning all!
RubyRed - Good luck on reaching your goal.

Wannaskip - Good luck with Atkins. My dad lost over 100 lbs on it and has kept it off for 10 years. He allows some cheating on the weekends, then is back at it during the week. I feel you about feeling squishy. I worked in the yard yesterday for 5.5 hours and I think my body is really holding onto the water because of it.

Loozer - Awesome job on your loss! :carrot:

Walrus - I'm impressed by your exercise. I've never been too much on exercise. Keep up the good work! :D

Coocoo - I don't change my ticker on gains either, unless I've been really bad. :shrug:

Sakuri - Welcome. Don't dwell too much on your gain, just remember that you did it once and you can do it again! I frequent the Onederland by Christmas forum and the Intermittent Fasting thread, as I am doing Fast 5!

I can echo everyone sentiments on our evil scales. I'll step on and think I'll definitely see it move everyday, but it just sticks to the same weight. I don't let myself be discouraged by it though. I just like to step on daily as a reminder of why I'm doing this.

My doctor's appointment wasn't good, but I wasn't expecting miracles. My cholesterol was up and my triglycerides were up, but that was before I started this journey so I'm hoping for good numbers when I go back in 6 months. I am desperately trying to avoid going on meds. On a positive note, I was 1 lb. lighter on their scale than my one at home, so that was a small victory.

Hope everyone has a great day.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-29-2014, 09:00 AM
I started a 1 week Atkins Induction challenge and :woohoo: I lost 1.2 lbs in 1 day! This only happens during my one woosh week. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am so thrilled! Maybe I can get to my 220 by Monday (my Birthday) Oh I would be so happy!

I hope the scale treats you all well today and you all have a great on plan day! :) :D I am so happy! I have not weighed this little for 25 years!

justaloozer
04-29-2014, 10:05 AM
WVU I am glad you are down a lb! I hope the Intermittent Fasting works well for you! :)

YAY wanna!!!!!!!!!!! Go go go!!!!!!!!!

My scale loves me too! I almost cried when I saw 230.8 on the scale today! :) It's a new low! I am heading to NY for a 4 day weekend where I will not be in control of my food but I will do my darn best to stay OP! I might see the 220s before I go!!!

wvuchick
04-29-2014, 10:21 AM
wanna and loozer - So happy for you all that the scale is moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Mine is still being soooooo stubborn. I ordered a new scale online yesterday that shows bf %, bone mass, water, etc. I'm so excited to get it. Maybe it will be a bit kinder than my current one. ;)

So today I have two opportunities for free food at work. A catered meeting then a co-workers birthday. This is the 3rd and 4th time in two weeks that I will be turning down delectable sweets. I never realized how much we eat at work since starting IF. Although it is a lot easier to turn down the food when I'm fasting than just regular calorie counting, which you would think to be the opposite.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. :hug:

RubyRed93
04-29-2014, 03:29 PM
wvuchick, it's good that you're able to resist temptations now. I'm still working on that. A few weeks ago, when my job had a party, my supervisor told me to being in a snack and usually I ask her what I should bring and this time she said "Bring something you like". So I brought in a bag of BBQ chips because I HATE BBQ chips. So I wasn't tempted at this party to eat really unhealthy. I did eat some things though.

I hurt my ankle somehow and now I can't walk properly. And all I do at the gym is go on the treadmill. So I guess no gym today. My brother and coworker said that my ankle hurts because I go every Monday-Thursday and do the same thing each time so I should just go maybe 3 days a week. But I still want to exercise somehow. So I guess now is the time to incorporate more strength workouts instead of just cardio. So I'm going to make my brother come up with some workout plan for me.

On another note, today marks 50 days since I've started my weight loss journey. This is the longest I've ever lasted. And this morning my weight was 220.6. I'm almost in the two teens!

justaloozer
04-30-2014, 10:14 AM
WV wtg on skipping the foods at the party! I definitely have a serious problem saying no to yummy food, which is how I got myself into having to lose weight!

Ruby I hurt my ankle recently too and it has not healed properly. WTG on being so close to the 2teens!

So yesterday's weigh in was a fluke. I knew a 2lb whoosh in one night wouldn't stick for me. Ah well, it settled at 231.4, which is still good! Probably won't see the 220s before I leave Friday.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Ruby.. I am so sorry about your ankle... I sure do hope it heals soon! and :congrat: on sticking to your weight loss plan for such a long period of time. Don't we amaze ourselves! :)

wv - Very good on avoiding those temptations! :D good going! and yep.. I have done Atkins (when I dieted) for 25+ years on and (mostly) off.. but this time is just different - I have been on Atkins since 1/6/13 and have lost 96 lbs.. It is now just a habit to eat this way and to know what I really cannot eat (triggers etc). Hope you have a Great day today!

JUSTA.. Woohoo on the scale move! YAY!!!!! :D I am trying my best to stay ahead of you.. but am thinking that you are going to FLY BY ME! :D

IIIIIIIIIII amd down to 224.0 on the Button! Hooray!... This Induction week is moving the scale for me again and then in 2 weeks I have my woosh week. I WILL get to the 2 teens this month! I WILL! :)

Happy Thursday (Friday eve) all!

justaloozer
05-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Awesome Wanna!!!!!!!!!!! My scale moved back down and surprised me with a new low today- 230.4!!!!

Unfortunately I am leaving for a long weekend (wont be back til Monday night/Tues morning) and I won't be in control of what is being cooked. I am a little stressed but will do my best!

wvuchick
05-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Good morning all!

I was down a lb this morning. Maybe two, but I will wait and see what the scale says tomorrow. I've been waiting and hoping. I finished up two weeks up fast 5 (although I've been doing IF for about 6 weeks now), which is how long it is supposed to take to start losing on it. So I'm hoping this is the start of steady losses.

Ruby and loozer - I feel your pain on the ankle injuries. I chipped my heal bone almost ten years ago and had to have surgery on it. Still bothers me. I've tried running, but I just can't do it. I didn't really like running when I tried it anyhow, so no big loss there. :D

wanna - WTG on another loss. I really think it helps to change up your routine every once in awhile (i.e. revisiting induction phase of atkins). I'm going to DC in a little over a week for police week. (thousands of men in uniform surrounding me...yes please! :dance:) I know I won't stay on plan, but I am just hoping not to gain and that the change in routine will help spur on more weight loss when I get back.

Happy Friday eve everyone!

constellationmomma
05-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Hi all! I hope it's alright if I join here :)

I am feeling so stuck, right on the border of 220-221. I'm so freaking close, I can taste it.. but it tastes like another walk to the fridge. I need to find my exercise motivation again, and get moving to get back on track. How are you motivating yourselves?

RubyRed93
05-01-2014, 03:29 PM
constellationmomma-I am so close too, Yesterday my weight was 220.2 and this morning it was 220.8. It's so frustrating.

When I started my weight loss journey, I told myself that I can get a new phone when I lose 20 pounds. And now I'm 4 pounds away! I wish I could rush this process because I haven't had a phone since the beggining of February when my other one broke. My friends are always trying to get me to just buy the phone anyway so they can text me, but I just tell them no. If I get the phone now, I won't have a reward for when I lose 20 pounds.

I asked my brother to make a workout plan for me, but he said no. So I started looking online and I found this website called Blogilates. So I'm going to try that out on the days I don't go to the gym.

And thanks for the well wishes on my ankle! It's better now. It only hurt for that day, but now I'm afraid to go to the gym as much as I was before. So I'm only going Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. My brother asked me when was the next time I'm going and I said "Friday". And he said "Well I'm going with you and you're going to be sweating a lot and your arms are going to hurt for days". So now I'm thinking That's good....ish. Maybe I can make it to the two teens by Monday.

CooCooCaChoo
05-02-2014, 08:03 AM
I am screaming crying and kicking tires. I cannot stop gaining and losing this lb. Today I gained it and it is going to skew my whole day. I am so tired of feeling like this. I am so tired in general. Long hours at work compounded by a non sleeping baby and I am at my breaking point. I am so tired I just don't have it in me to exercise.... but why can I only llose when I exercise. I eat good. But if I don't exercise it doesn't matter what I eat. Literally on the brink here.

That being said you ladies are doing great. I am sorry to bring you down. I just need support.

Wanna, excellent job on losing outside of your whoosh week. You deserve it.

Justa, congrats to you on the scale moving. Have a wonderful trip, you'll do great.

Wv, I'm hoping you've dropped 2 instead of 1 but either is great.

Ruby, you are so close. Hang in there!!

Welcome momma.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Welcome Constellation! Glad to have you here with us (and I hope you have a short visit! :D)

Ruby.. ooohhhh getting a phone..You have such strength not giving into the temptation! :) but only 4 lbs to go to reach that goal! Shazam you will wake up next week with a big smile on your face knowing you made that goal! :)

WV WOOHOO.. I hope you have lost even more than those 2 lbs! :D WEEEEE

Justa.. Have a GREAT Weekend! Enjoy yourself and just do the best you can with the food presented! :)

CooCoo... I am so sorry you are not getting much sleep... shoot.. Sleep does help with weight loss and stress causes water gain (I am proof!)... Exercise helps me too lose water.. but food still is the biggest culprit.. Is there anything you are eating not good for you? Are you drinking enough water... and..... try alittle fresh squeezed lemon in your water.. That helps the water flush alittle. But I am so sorry about the stress in your life. :(... May it turn into laughter and relaxing for THIS day!

Me.... well ate (OF COURSE) salty dinner and WHAP! up 1/2 lb of water and I shoulda lost too.. but its water.. just that NO calorie stuff that me cells are storing (I think they told me in my sleep that they wanted a bigger swimming pool) NOT! lol

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!

cleanslate
05-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone,
I only have a couple minutes on here, so I did not read all the posts.
Maybe my 2 cents will help others so here goes:

For those who really want to exercise but just don't have the time or just don't feel like it.
Try taking a walk, even if it is only from the far end of the parking lot to the grocery store. I find that a walk can boost my energy, my motivation, my mood.
Maybe doing that for a week will help enough to get you doing what you want to do.
What about when you don't feel you have the energy or time, tell yourself you will just do 15 minutes of exercise. Is something better than nothing? I am sure it is. I am sure any movement is better than none at all. You know even cleaning your home is exercise, not cardiovascular but you are still using some muscles and something is better than nothing.
As others have said it is not a sprint, it is a marathon....in for the long haul, so just do what you can each day.
Celebrate the small steps and stay positive!

cleanslate
05-02-2014, 01:58 PM
I just realized I forgot to change my weight loss ticker at the bottom, it's changed now.
I did not reach my April goal to lose 16 lbs but I did go down and that to me is a success. It is better than where I was last year. It may take me a long time to reach my goal, or maybe I will find that that is not the right weight for me, but I will keep working towards becoming a healthy weight, no matter how long it takes.

wvuchick
05-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I officially hate my scale. I ordered a new one and of course it is taking forever to get here. I can't wait to get it. I might burn my old one. I stepped on it 5 times and got a different reading each time. So I'll just keep the loss to 1 lb.

Good luck Ruby and constellationmama on leaving us soon! ;) Hopefully the rest of us won't be far behind you.

Good luck on your long weekend loozer, just get back at it when you get back.

wanna - I hear ya about the water gain, I need to cut down on sodium, but it just makes everything taste so good. :(

clean slate - that's the right attitude to have. Just keep the faith and one day you will get there.

Have a great weekend!

constellationmomma
05-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I am a little down on myself, because I had a mother's day goal and it seems like it would be a miracle if it happened. BUT! I did take a really long fast walk today running errands (almost literallly) and only treated myself with coffee. I'm proud of this little victory today, considering I walked right past a Sabrett's Hot Dog stand.. yum.

MissSMcC
05-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone, I finally got out of the 240s so am moving in here, hope there's room for me haha :) my name is sheryl I am 28 and from Scotland. Looking forward to chatting and moving down the 230s and 220s! Just think, when we leave this thread we will b in the 2teens! That seems so incredible to me! Have a great weekend!

RubyRed93
05-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Welcome MissSMcC!

This morning I was 219.2. I don't think it will stick since I fasted yesterday until 6 PM. So I'm going to wait a few days before leaving.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome Sheryl MissSMcC! :) Congratulations for working your way here and I hope your stay is Short and the Road to the 2 teens is an easy and fast trip! (I know what you mean about being in that weight change.. I am getting close and this time last year ( I weighed 279) I believed I would get there.. but getting this close blows my mind!)

Constellation .. you are SOOOOO Close.. I hope that the scale treats you today and you are in the 2 teens
RUBY! Congrats to you!!! 219+ Hooray! Please open that door for the rest of us to come on in! Look how close you are to Onderland now! WooHoo!

Me.. Boy this week of induction is really working!!!! down to 223.4.. WOW.. I never lose during my Non Woosh week (2 weeks from now).. I am soooooo thrilled!

Happy Weekend all!

wvuchick
05-03-2014, 11:52 AM
I take back my hatred of my scale. I was three lbs. lighter this morning. I couldn't believe it!

Welcome Misssmcc - congrats on your loss so far and welcome to the group!

Ruby- awesome job on getting to the two teens. Hope it sticks!

Have a great day! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
05-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Well :woohoo: WVUCHICK! Loss of 3 LBS WOW!!! good for you!

Me too.. I am doing so well this week (Atkins induction again) and I am down 1.6 lbs from yesterday... so far 4 lbs this week after all this time. I think I have figured out the cause of my weight loss slow down tho.. ALMONDS ggrrrrr as I only eat 100 cals (or 2 carbs) of them, but they are the only thing I eat every day that I stopped eating this week.. WILD.. BUT I am down to 221.8 OH YAY! getting VERRRRYYYY close to the 2 teens now WEEEEEE DE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Squeal! :D

wvuchick
05-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Hate to lose you wanna but I hope you get there very soon. :D

RubyRed93
05-05-2014, 03:23 PM
UGH it didn't stick. I was 220.4 this morning. I think it only went down because I fasted on Friday. And then my mom had to buy over $300 worth of cookies for a party at her job. And she had set some aside to bring home and so for the past 3 days my world has been filled with cookies of all kinds.

But I'm back at the gym today and eating healthy. And hopefully I'll get back there soon.

Sakurai
05-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Goals Time! :carrot:
Motivation: I need to start fitting into my business-casual "clinic clothes" again, or else I have to go to the thrift store for a new week-worth of slacks and blouses in the 20/22s to fit my robust rump. Do. Not. Want.
This is long! Some of this is just motivational stuff to remind myself, but by saying it out loud and making it public, I set the bar firmly and I'm far less likely to back down. Also, it's ambitious. But if it isn't ambitious, I don't feel the pressure to go all-out and get lazy. Goals are highlighted.

Minibosses:

June 1 -- 214 -- Back in the clinic, so I want to be in better physical condition. I get to wear scrubs in the ER so I don't have to get new clothes ;) but it's halfway to my next more important goal.
May Gameplan to get to 214: Calorie restriction @ 1200, 3-5/wk gym, biking on weekends. Study out. I'll need to make a good daily schedule or it won't happen. Scale back on Saturdays and don't let it drag on ;)
May EXP: It'll feel good to see my upperclassmen graduate in 2 weeks when I've dropped 5 lbs!

July 1 -- 204 -- I start actual Family Medicine outpatient clinic (which I <3 - FM is the best!!) and need to wear my clinic clothes again. I can fit many of them at 204.
June Gameplan to get to 204: Calorie restriction @ 1200, 3-5/wk gym, biking on weekends. My shifts will be sporadic, so it'll still be really important to stick to a schedule in order to actually get workouts in.
June EXP: When I start to fit in some of my clinic clothes again! Also, as I have to tighten the scrubs drawstrings more, and my white coat fits more loosely.

August 1 -- 194 -- I start my Family Medicine Acting Internship. This is the stereotypical hospital inpatient wards with rounding and pagers and 70-80 hour work weeks with some night shifts (like you'd see on Scrubs or other medical dramas). I need to be in good shape.
July Gameplan to get there: Go to the gym after clinic ALMOST EVERY DAY! Buy fresh fruits and veggies at the market nearby the clinic. Don't give in when tired - it gives you energy!
July EXP: All along the way, I'll be feeling my clothes fit better and better! Especially my fav pink shirt. They fit MUCH better at 194!

Mega Endboss #1:

September 1 -- 186 -- This is when I start my residency applications, which is a big landmark. So Sept 1 will be the last day of my life that I'll be obese, at 186.
August Gameplan to get there: Calorie restriction @ 1200. Can't go to the gym or go biking, but I'll be busy walking everywhere in the hospital. Around 188-192 is a huge hurdle for my metabolism for some reason, so I'm only aiming for 8 lbs that month. I can do this!
August EXP: My clothes will start to be loose and super comfy along the way this month, including my fav purple shirt. This is where Lina complimented you so highly, where you were at the end of Core 2, where you were at Macchu Picchu and when reading Speaker, when you were on the cover of OAFP, and when visiting your newborn nephew and needed the waist in your comfy black pants waistband taken in. These are awesome things to remember!

Sakurai
05-05-2014, 05:21 PM
I figured some things out, hope it might help others too!

1) After each meal, if I brush my teeth with something like Colgate (which is intense and leaves a strong minty-ness behind) nothing tastes normal for quite a while afterwards. So this will help deter me from snacking! And the freshness feels good. ^__^

2) I recently realized that because I have GERD and allergies, I always feel like I want to swallow. Swallowing something feels good, as it satisfies that "swallow" signaling. I think my entire life that my mind has associated that satisfaction with the pleasure of eating tasty food, because both happen together - which has trained me to feel like eating when I feel that pressure in my throat.

I figured this out because my allergies are piqued, my throat feels like I need to clear it all the time, and I simultaneously feel that sense of false-hunger more than usual.

Am I the only one who feels this? Maybe by actually treating my allergies this year, I might feel it less!

justaloozer
05-06-2014, 09:51 AM
After a weekend away and not being in control of my food I went up 2.4lbs. It could have been a lot worse so I am grateful thats all it was. I am back home now and I will be eating clean.

Welcome to the newbies and YAY for weight loss!

wvuchick
05-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I feel like a kid in a candy store. I got my new scale today and I can't wait to get home and open that bad boy up. :dance:

Rough night of little sleep, so I woke up hungry but I'll be chugging the water until my window opens and I get home.

Ruby - Hoping for a whoosh that sticks very soon.

Sakurai - My family has severe esophagus and GERD issues AND I have horrible allergies. I don't know what it would feel like if my sinuses and throat didn't feel all mucked up. My stomach has convinced my brain that I need to eat when my allergies are acting up, so I know how you feel there too. I love your goals and plans to get there. I may need to do that myself.

loozer - 2.4 lbs isn't bad at all. Keep up the good work!

Have a great day to everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Hello all.. well my Birthday week continues and my low of 221.4 .. well that was a few days ago and I am NOT weighing until Sunday... as I still have my Birthday dinner tonight with my parents (Cannot WAIT! and Presents too! woohoo)...

Have a wonderful, terrific, supercalifragilisticexpealidocous day everyone!

wvuchick
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
:bday2you: Wanna!

RubyRed93
05-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday Wanna!!!!!

RubyRed93
05-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I fell off the wagon and I feel like I'm losing motivation :( Any advice?

Sakurai
05-07-2014, 07:05 PM
What's working for me lately is remembering times when I stayed reasonably well on the horse for an extended period of time (the periods were anywhere from 2 weeks long to around a few months) and successfully lost (or didn't regain) weight.

I stop and close my eyes and remember how satisfied, happy, proud, and powerful I felt - top of the world, control over my life. And I try to remind myself that that feeling is right there for me anytime I am willing to grasp it.

And I have to re-remind myself that even if I fall, it's still right there. I fell a few times during those periods of awesomeness too. But overall, those were victory times. This can be a victory time too.

In fact, it already is! How far have you come in the last few weeks?

Be happy with where you are and how far you've come. Then imagine how you'll feel in a few weeks looking back.

Sakurai
05-07-2014, 07:24 PM
And happy birthday Wanna!!!!!!!

I hit 219 on the scale this morning. :carrot:

That said, I just reweighed myself at 221. :dizzy: I'm sticking around here because my weight can vary as much as 10 lbs throughout a few days. Two days ago I weighed in at 226, and a couple days before that, 222.

Which btw has always seemed so weird - this is how it's always been with me. It has to be water. But the doctors didn't find anything wrong with my kidneys or anything, and I don't overdo salt or anything, so whatevs. It just means I don't let myself get too depressed when I see higher numbers, nor overly stoked when I see lower. But gotta say, I still love seeing the lower numbers. Inspiring <3

EDIT: Mistype, I meant 219. LMAO I don't even want to weigh 119! Way too skinny for me.

gonnabfitmom
05-08-2014, 01:06 AM
I've been holding at 231 for the past three days. Hopefully I'll make it out by next week.

wvuchick
05-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Wow gonnabfit. I am about the same height, we are the same weight, and have almost the same goal! :D I just got a whoosh this weekend so not really expecting one again soon but still hoping for one! Hope you get yours soon!!!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Thank you all for your Bday wishes! I did have a great 3 days LOL :) (sausage pizza last night - 1st one since last Birthday!) So NO WEIGHING for a few days till I get rid of the water gain and some Fat gain too I am thinking!

Water retention can happen with salty food, Air humidity, working out - Muscle retention and if there is inflamation inside your body (sickness, allergies, cuts, wounds, colds etc) Water is what our bodies are made of and its what helps us get well! :)

Happy Day to you all! :)

justaloozer
05-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Happy birthday wanna!!!!!!!

Ruby why are you losing motivation? Is the scale not moving? Can you set an exercise goal? I go through the motivation loss as well. Seems like I will be losing weight forever, but the truth is we are so close to our goals! Stick with it!!

AFM: I hit 229.4 today! :D:D:D:D:D I can not remember the last time I was in the 220s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wvuchick
05-08-2014, 11:30 AM
wanna- The heat and humidity definitely makes me retain water. Summer is overrated if you ask me!

loozer - Great job on getting to the 220's. So happy for you!

Well I was .4 lbs heavier due to the aforementioned water retention. GRRR! I'm hoping for another whoosh before my mini vacay. Fingers crossed.

Have a great Friday eve everyone!

RubyRed93
05-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks Sakurai

Justa - I think it might be because I've gone a while without eating clean and exercising and I went too far when it came to cheating every once in a while. Which is bad now because I haven't exercised so it's lingering in my body.

cleanslate
05-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone!
Welcome to those who have just jumped into this group
congratulations to those who are seeing progress in their weight loss and healthy living goals
I like to come on here and read a lot of the comments, but I just never know what to say, so I usually don't leave comments...well I did comment as much as possible so I could get my ticker lol
So my weight loss is slowly moving down.

I did read that we need 1500 mg of sodium a day. Am I reading the wrong sites?
I don't think I eat a lot of food with salt added, mostly because I am eating veggies, protein, & fat, so I do add a bit of Herbamare to my veggies.

Some days my weight doesn't change at all, the only time I noticed it went up was at that time of month, or at Easter, when I sampled one of the desserts I made....blueberry cream cheese puff pastry.....
I would have been just as happy to eat the blueberry and cream cheese with a bit of stevia...would that be so harmful to my weight loss?

Berries are supposed to be lower in sugar, and although I haven't looked it up, I am thinking that cream cheese would be considered more of a fat or protein than a carb.

Other than that I am sticking to my eating plan, which isn't any program that I have seen, just sort of a mix and match of what I have read.

Any comments?

Sakurai
05-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi cleanslate! What you read is a recommended maximum sodium intake. Minimum is ~500 mg. It is very difficult in the modern world to eat too little sodium.

Most natural foods, even vegetables and meat, have some in them. Some more than others! Salt is almost always added when food is put in cans, jars, processed, or packaged. Also when meat is cured, stored, or cooked. Cheeses, yogurts, condiments... You would be very surprised just how much salt is in foods we eat every day - without adding a single grain!

So I would not add salt! The fact you don't use much is great, it will help keep your heart much healthier! (If you want, I can explain why it works that way.) Most people have to LEARN how get used to adding less salt. (Like me lol) Don't change!

Sodium intake in general:
2,000 mg is a good max limit to shoot for for everyone - but it's even more important if you have high blood pressure, in which case 1500 may be better. We get away with eating more if we have healthy kidneys, but they have to work harder to get rid of it without letting it raise your blood pressure. That can hurt them over the long term - even permanently.

Summary: Read food labels! Look at how much is in what you usually eat. It adds up. It can help to look at the % daily recommended amount.

Sakurai
05-09-2014, 01:27 AM
I would have been just as happy to eat the blueberry and cream cheese with a bit of stevia...would that be so harmful to my weight loss?
Berries are supposed to be lower in sugar, and although I haven't looked it up, I am thinking that cream cheese would be considered more of a fat or protein than a carb.

Cream cheese is pretty low in carbs. The carbs are sugar, but the sugar is lactose, not sucrose or glucose, so it's different enough - your body has to process it before it becomes glucose. The slow processing makes it enter your system slower, so it doesn't spike blood sugar. But even then, cream cheese doesn't have much to begin with.

Berries are fairly low in carbs, and a great choice. When you look at carbs, the thing you want to stay away from are most sugars (especially glucose and sucrose and high-fructose corn syrup). Fiber carbohydrates break down very slowly compared with other carbs. Fiber is VERY important for all diet types.

Why?

Besides helping you be regular (normalizing either extreme!), it helps you absorb carbs, proteins, and fats BETTER.
When fibers are slow to break down, or don't break down at all, it slows down the absorption of everything around it.
This keeps sugar and cholesterol and fat from entering the blood stream too quickly.
IN FACT, it TRAPS some of the cholesterol and sugar - and you never absorb it at all!
This slower absorption into your blood allows the molecules and cell organelles responsible for carrying and processing food to work efficiently and keep blood levels normal, without getting backed up.
( Lots of quickly absorbed sugar can overwhelm insulin's ability to do that, which can add another straw to the camel's back towards diabetes.)

This is especially important for us.

Overweight people get diabetes more often than people at normal weight - and it's not just what we eat.
Adipose (fat) cells create insulin resistance - meaning just by being overweight/obese, we are more likely to get diabetes, and get it earlier. After many years of obesity, much of the insulin resistance will be permanent.
BUT losing weight will reverse at least some of it, as well as slowing it from getting worse. (It brings some people back close to normal!!)

Other things that help are what you eat and how you eat it.

Secretz: One way to improve eating habits is that if we were to fall off the wagon, or decide to trade 1/2 our day's calories in for a sugar bomb treat, there's a bad and a less-bad way to eat sugar!

Eat it with at least some food that is high fiber, or high protein, or some fat - whatever fits your diet model. This will help the sugar enter your blood slower. Doesn't change the calories you eat, but decreases how harsh it is on your body's insulin function.
Fiber slows absorption of the nutrients of what you eat into your blood, making it go at a more even rate. This is VERY good for many reasons. One is that it even TRAPS some sugar and cholesterol from ever being absorbed into your blood.

justaloozer
05-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Good morning all!

Sodium definitely affects me so I try not to add salt unless I have to (baking, etc).

228 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2.4lbs to lose before hitting the 90lb loss mark. I wanted to hit that before May 12. Not sure if it will happen but I am hoping!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Good morning and YEP SODIUM does me in too! Even eggs have sodium! This week I took a few days off and ate some foods that I used to eat a year and 1/2 ago and gained 6 lbs of water (OOOOOO my feet are swollen) and I know its water as I did not eat 3500 extra cals... Sodium is necessary but too much is a PILL!

WOOHOO JUSTA! YAY and HOOOOOO RAY! to you! So close to 90 lbs off.. You will get there so fast! GOOD going!

wvuchick
05-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Sakuri, Thanks for the lesson. Very informative!

loozer - Wow!!!! 90lbs That's so awesome and inspiring. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get a whoosh by the 12th!

That's a lot of water Wanna. Hope you get rid of it soon, I know how miserable it can feel when you are all bloated on water.

cleanslate: :wave:

This morning I was down 0.6 lbs, not much but my bf % went down and my water stayed the same, so I'll take .6 lbs of fat over a water loss. :D

Have a great Friday!

RubyRed93
05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
So my brother just told me that he thinks my scale is off by a few pounds. He said that he weighed himself on the other scale that we have here and another one at his job and they both say he's 177, but then on my scale it says that he's 181. So I got on my scale and it said 220.6. But then the other scale said 216. I need another scale to confirm it though. He made my day with that one. I just need to find another scale to weigh myself with.

RubyRed93
05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
So my grandmother said that my uncle had a scale so I got to weigh myself again. It said 219. So I think I'm just going to go with the 220.6 that my scale said. It's weird because my uncle's scale and the other scale are both spring scales and I got on them after I had eaten breakfast.

justaloozer
05-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Awesome wv!!!

Ruby while visiting family in NY I stepped on two different scales that had me at a lower weight than my scale. I was pretty bummed but in the end I would rather go with my higher scale because spring scales seem to move around if you arent perfectly straight.

CooCooCaChoo
05-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Good morning girls. Just wanted to check in and cheer you all on. Sounds like you are all doing fairly good.

Wanna, my hats off to you being so calm and collected with an extra 6 on the scale. I'd be a depressed mess. You are such an inspiration.

Justa, I am keeping my fingers crossed you get a whoosh and hit your goal. Even if you don't though your loss is truly amazing.

Ruby, sounds like your scale might be a little off. I would probably do the same thing you are doing and sticking with it anyway but it's a nice notion to have have in the back of your head that you are most likely a few pounds lighter than your scale says!

Wv, you keep moving in the right direction. Good job!

For me, well. I've been a little side tracked with long work hours still. I am still eating well but exercise has been unseen for quite a while now. My body has finally decided to let go and I'm down 35 lbs. This is my lowest since starting and it whooshed off. This is exactly what I needed because I was losing focus.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

Streudel
05-11-2014, 12:08 PM
239 today.

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day!

I'm so happy to move down into this thread! Having over 100 lbs. to lose, it can be hard to keep focused on the next 5 or 10 lbs. The support in these " Getting out of the _____ " and challenge threads, and on the site as a whole, has been so helpful with staying motivated. :D

cleanslate
05-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi Everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

Thank you Sakurai for the information and advice. I will work on getting more fibre, I had no idea that it slowed down the absorption and traps cholesterol and sugar.
I also will not add any salt to my salads.

I wonder if one of the reasons we eat things we said we would stay away from is

because we are not getting enough carbs?

I occasionally have oatmeal, but am not eating any grains or gluten, I get my carbs from veggies but find if I am away from home longer than I expected to be and am overly hungry the last thing I want is to eat veggies...I mostly want fat...like cheese or bacon.....

CharityMarie
05-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Ive been MIA for about a week. Wanted to check back in, still holding strong at 239!

Got to kick it up a notch and remain accountable. So I need to start posting up a storm again!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Hello all! Well.. I had a BAD BAD week... sigh. and I have 2 more challenges to work with this week.. But I am back in the mind set to try and get back to my 221 that I had achieved just a week ago ( sigh.. it seems like a month ago) On a Mission.

Justa...228!! WOW you are moving on down fast.. Good for you!
CooCoo... I had to work past a scale that had weighed me 14 lbs less for 20 years (argh).. that did me in last fall.. I have learned to get back on plan.. tho each time the falling off period happens longer.. NOT GOOD! LOL Back on plan again.. I WANT AND NEED ONDERLAND! lololol

wvuchick
05-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Good Monday morning all!

Today is my last day at work for a week! Which is good and bad actually, it's so much easier to stay on plan when I am working, but hopefully I'll be too active to worry much about food while I'm off.

Coocoo- That's awesome about the 35 lbs. lost, we are the same weight now. Hopefully we'll both keep whooshing our way to Onederland!

Welcome to the thread Streudel! I like these threads too, it breaks weight loss down to mini goals and that really helps me.

Welcome back CharityMarie.

You'll get there soon Wanna. And hopefully get to move into the teens, although we'll definitely miss you!

Have a great day all!

CharityMarie
05-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Ok, so ever since i hit 239 I stopped posting, started being less accountable and not writing my foods down, less gym time.. and somehow the whole almost 2 weeks I didnt gain.. but I've been hardcore on plan now for 5 days and no budge! 239 is taunting me! This is the first barrier I've truly gotten frustrated at! Grrr

Streudel
05-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi All. Hope everyone is having a great week! If not, hope you're hanging in there until it gets better! :D

237.5 today

wvuchick
05-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Hi all! Back from vacation had a little gain but I'm not too worried. Glad to be back to fasting breakfast and lunch are seriously overrated ;)

Hope all is well with everyone.

CharityMarie
05-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Finally saw the scale move a tiny bit! 238 - got to move my ticker down one pound. I'll take it!

wvuchick
05-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Got back to Fast 5 yesterday and lost 2 lbs. I'm actually 0.4 lbs less than when i left on vacation. I was hoping for a loss this morning but 2 lbs exceeded my expectations. Have a great weekend all.

CharityMarie
05-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Scale said 237.2 this morning and I feel totally motivated to kick my butt back in gear. I'm officially exactly half way through my ticker goal!!!

I'm going to recommit to the gym (yea, I've been slackin a little) and I've tweaked my diet just a little. Same calorie intake, different foods.

I'm going on a 3 day trip in the middle of June and my goal is 225 by then.. I might actually make it. 12 more pounds!

Streudel
05-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Hello chickies! :)

What a gorgeous weekend it is on the East Coast! Great weather to get out for a bike ride.

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction for you, wvuchick and CharityMarie, :D

237 today. :D I am so thrilled with my progress so far. I know it won't always be so quick, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

wvuchick
05-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Down another .8 lbs this morning. Was pretty excited.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

CharityMarie
05-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Going to get back to just weighing myself on Wednesday again, especially since I'm going hard at the gym again, I'm sure I'll retain a little water from my muscles stretching and drinking way more water! I also decided to buy a new bike (mines 10 years old and I havnet used it in about 10 years lol)

There are so many lovely bike trails around here, so if I drive to the gym in the morning and feel like getting outside in the afternoon I'll have a bike! I'm excited

Streudel
05-19-2014, 12:41 AM
235.5 today.

Happy Sunday all! I spent a lovely day with the DD. We went to the park and walked 4 miles.

wvuchick
05-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Well I'm down two days and now up today. I really think it's because I had to wake up 3 hours earlier than yesterday. I'm thinking I should just start weighing in officially on Saturdays.

I'm 2.6 lbs away from my May goal of 7 lbs lost. I am hoping for a whoosh to get there this week. I actually thought 7 lbs was a lofty goal since I was going on a mini vacation last week, but now I am looking to meet that goal!:D

I'm so tired this morning after a week off from work, but I am glad in a way to be back. It is so much easier to fast when I'm at work.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

KarinRose
05-19-2014, 06:16 PM
CharityMarie, saw your post (while lurking...not quite here yet) and wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! Must feel awesome to be halfway through! You have done an incredible job!!! :-D

wannaskipandlaugh
05-20-2014, 08:44 AM
CharityMarie and Streudel WELCOME ! :D and Karin.. you will be here soon!

WV... you are flying thru this thread! WOW! and good for you that you are gonna make your May goal (Or even BETTER!)

I have had a bad Off Plan 2 weeks and was kinda embarrased to post here... (was afraid I was gaining back up to the 240's) Hanging in at 229 this morning (I recommited yesterday to this journey for the 10th time in the last 17 months LOL I want that 100 lbs off goal! ) and then I want and NEED ONDERLAND! I know you all do too! Lets do this together! I bet you all run ahead of me and show me the way!

wvuchick
05-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Wanna - We are close to the same weight and height. Hopefully we'll get there together. My ultimate goal is 145 but I would be very happy with 160 too. :D

vanessa761
05-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi All. I am new here. Just start this weight loss journey last month. So far I've lost about 10 pounds. :carrot: Right now I am at 232. :carrot:

Streudel
05-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome, wanna, and welcome to the thread and the board, vanessa! :D

234.5 today! I can't believe how things have been going for me this go round. Usually I fight for every pound ( PCOS ). I spent a year at the same weight.

This time I'm averaging 3 lbs a week. I don't know what's different this time except I'm older and fatter. :lol: Whatever it is, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

shado97
05-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Hi to everyone! I just found this website and must say it's extremely encouraging to see an amazing community together reaching for a common goal. On that note, I have struggled with PCOS since I was 18 and I've always known it's been tied to my weight. I've done the unthinkable and most recently I even had lap band surgery. Much to my dismay, the band slipped and had to be removed. Well, guess what, I am back to losing weight the old-fashioned way. I am undergoing a doctor supervised program and so far I've lost 25 pounds in about 6 weeks. I am hoping that by December I get to my goal weight.

The reason for doing this is simply that I would love to be able to get pregnant and have a child. I just got my period again after 6 months. Before lapband surgery I had not been regular for 10 years and when I starting gaining weight after the surgery I became irregular again.

At any rate I'm so excited because this is the promise of something amazing. To anyone that has PCOS, please reach out to me. I've been struggling with this for a long time and can provide a bit of knowledge, experience and encouragement. We ALL can do with a dose of that.

Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight!!

wvuchick
05-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Well I guess my scale likes to make a fool of me. A day after saying I'll only weight in on Saturdays I weigh in today at 229. A pound down from yesterday and .4 lbs less than my (this time around) low.

Welcome Vanessa and Shado. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

3 lbs a week is awesome Streudel. Blows my 1.5 lb average week's loss out of the water. Way to go!!!!

Streudel
05-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Hi Shado,

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago. The funny thing is I began to get regular periods pretty quickly with my last weight loss attempt, even though the scale wasn't moving quickly. This time, my periods haven't come back ( or at least not yet ) but my weight loss has been faster than ever. I couldn't lose weight like this in my teens and I'm 41 now.

wvuchick, 1.5 lbs a week is fantastic! It's what I should be losing based on my calculations. I've set up my plan to cut 500 calories with diet and burn about 250 through exercise. I'm thinking maybe I'm going lighter on the carbs?

I'm kinda hoping I can figure it out and keep doing what works, because sitting at the same weight for a year was so demotivating last time.

RubyRed93
05-22-2014, 04:47 AM
I haven't been on here in a while so I guess I'll give an update.

My weight has been bouncing between 220.8 and 219.2 for the past month. It's at the point where I think my weight loss for this month will be about 2 pounds, if that. I believe the problem is that I don't exercise enough. I'm very quick to convince myself not to go to the gym. And now because my work hours have changed for the summer, it's harder to go to the gym. I get out of work at 1 and the gym is closed between 1 and 3. So I just go home telling myself that I'll go walking outside, which never happens.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Hello and Welcome Vanessa! You have had a good loss already and I bet you will lose a whole bunch more! We have a great bunch of people here!

Streudel... WOW.. you are having great losses these days! Hooray.. maybe you just needed to get into this thread! :D

WV - LOL It is darn hard to stay away from the scale and even taking a peak, like you did, look what great news and nos it shows! WooHoo! That darn "evil" Scale is a pill sometimes.. but NOT for you! :D I hope that I keep up with you getting into the 2 Teens thread!

:welcome: shado97 Glad to have you on board... I am so sorry that lab band slipped. I hope it did not cause any troubles (internally for you) and now back to basics of weight loss. I know you can and will do it... you just have to KNOW YOU WILL and believe! :D

Me.. okay.. lost a few lbs of that gained water weight.. but geezzzz still 5.6 lbs over my low from 2+ weeks ago.. GRRRRR 227.4 this morning.. I WANT and I see 219... its there right in front of me... like a dangling carrot! LOL

Have a great day all!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Well, I had a mini woosh! woohoo... still 4.4 lbs over my low.. but I will take it (LOL not giving it back! LOL) down to 226.2.... Tomorrow... 224??!!! and then even closer to my 221!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! Have a terrific Holiday weekend and blessings to all of you who have served our country and to your family/friends who have served. How LUCKY and BLESSED we are to live in a FREE (almost) COUNTRY! :)

wvuchick
05-23-2014, 04:19 PM
wanna - congrats on your mini woosh! You're getting there! :D

I was down to 228.6 this morning. Lowest yet, hopefully it stays and drops the .6 when I weigh in tomorrow.

I agree with wanna's sentiments. Happy Memorial Day everyone! Be sure to thank a veteran!!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Thank you WV and look at you at your lowest on this journey! :D Did you get your .6 off? or MORE! :D I wooshed and got more than a lb off = Horray!.. But only had 3 hours of sleep (I stayed up to 5 am watching for the meteor shower that really fizzled. All the guys (yes guys!!! LOL) in my Astronomy club and I sat out in the middle of a very dark county park in the middle of cattle ranches and braved the aggravating mosquites (argh!) and saw about 40 total.. tho 1 was REALLY Bright green and lit up the ground... But I did get back down to 225.. so I have 3.6 more to go to get to my 221.4 (lowest).. and then onward to the 2 teens!

2 Teens all... New Chant!! 2 Teens! here we come!

KarinRose
05-25-2014, 08:55 AM
So the scale read 239.4 this morning, so I thought I would come say hi.

Hi, everyone! :-)

Streudel
05-25-2014, 11:22 AM
So the scale read 239.4 this morning, so I thought I would come say hi.

Hi, everyone! :-)

Hello KarinRose!! Nice to see you here. Welcome to the thread!:wave:

Down to 234 this morning. :)

wvuchick
05-25-2014, 11:56 AM
I did lose the 0.6 and this morning I was down to 226.4. Don't really trust the 1.6 lb loss but I'll go with it. :D

The meteor shower sounds awesome wanna. I completely forgot about it. Congrats on your woosh!

Welcome Karinrose.

Way to go on your loss Streudel!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-26-2014, 11:19 PM
WV.. I Believe in that 1.6 off! :D Woohoo for you!

:welcome2: Karinrose! :) Glad to have you here!

and Streudel WOW! I love your constant downward scale reading ! :D

Me.. down to 224.2 so just 2.8 above my low on 5/4... Gonna get it this week.. and thinking of doing the Atkins Fat Fast... I works well and just for a few days... hhmmmm

wvuchick
05-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Hope everyone had a good Memorial day weekend.

I spent a lot of time working around the house outside. So I got a lot of exercise which allowed me to eat a little more than usual. I'm hoping that (albeit small) spike in calories will help me drop a little weight this week.

I did gain back .2 of the 1.6 yesterday. But since Friday I lost 2 lbs and I think it's going to stick. So I am very happy with that! :D

Wanna I think you are going to get to your low this week! *fingers crossed*

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-28-2014, 09:30 AM
WV BUT you lost 2 lbs! Shazam! :) Good for you...

I am still working on the 9 lb gain GRRRR... But down another .2 to 224.0 even after my 1 lb gain yesterday (Ham for dinner Sunday)... Just 2.2 lbs to go to get to my all time low.. I will be doing a Fat Fast this weekend (Got my Macadamia nuts and cream cheese) Can't wait to see the outcome of that! Sarahinparis in the Atkins thread has done it several times, lost weight and kept 80% of it off after starting back to Atkins food.. so it works for her.. I hope it works for me!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday (Hump day!) LOL

Streudel
05-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Hanging steady at 234.

Way to go on the losses this week, wvu!

Wanna, how does the "Fat Fast " thing work? I'm pretty intimately familiar with getting fat fast. :lol:

Macadamias and cream cheese sounds like my kind of fast. :D

wannaskipandlaugh
05-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Streudel... LOL Me too... only my Fat fast lasted 40 years! LOL The "Fat Fast" is in the older Atkins books... you eat a total of 1000 calories and 80-90% of them are Fat, the rest is protein and carbs.. you can have 10 oz of cream cheese for the day... or 5 oz of Macadamia nuts (there are other things and I don't have my book here .. but these are the basic 2). The fat fast is to be used if you are having a hard time losing (while sticking to your plan) But I just want to see if I can even do it. So will try this weekend and let you all know! :)

Me... WOOHOO only 1 more lb of the Birthday gain left to lose... I am down to 222.8 Hooray! Oh I have my sight on the 2 teens... anyone else ready to come with me??!! OH YEAY I know there are! :D

wvuchick
05-29-2014, 10:15 AM
LOL Streudel. Anything with cream cheese sounds wonderful to me! :)

Wanna - Yay on your loss. Keep up the good work. My birthday is coming up this weekend, but I don't think it will be a problem. With Fast 5 I just save up all my calories for one meal anyway. I'm hoping it won't be a problem anyway. I'm definitely ready to get into the teens, if the scale will cooperate.

I'm up .8 to 227, which is crazy since I only ate 1300 calories. I know it's probably water, but still frustrating. I'm thinking Saturday will be a good weigh in day. :D

Hope you all have a great Friday-eve

Streudel
05-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info, wanna! I will definitely try that when I hit the next plateau. I'm not on a low carb plan as such, but I think cutting out refined sugar this time has made a huge difference.

Happy early birthday, wvuchick!! :bday2you: I take it Fast 5 is the 5/2 thing? Seems like a great idea for a week where you know you have a special occasion.

I'm down to 233 today. Still got a ways to go to the teens, but I've got my eye on them!

wvuchick
05-30-2014, 10:57 AM
No many people confuse Fast 5 and 5:2. 5:2 is where you eat 500 calories 2 days a week and then you eat whatever on the other 5 days. There might be a calorie limit on those days, but I'm not really sure.

What I do is Fast 5, which is Fasting everyday for 19 hours and eating in a 5 hour window. My window is more like 4 hours, from 6:30 to 10:30 each night. I break my fast with a 200 calorie snack then around 9:30 I eat dinner, which is usually around 1000 calories. For me that works, because I prefer big meals to "grazing". :D

I can tell with Fast 5 that I am losing fat in my stomach more than what I normally would with calorie restriction.

The author of the Fast 5 "diet" says you don't have to count calories when you do eat, but I am a little ocd and I have to. Of all the diets I've tried (and I"ve tried many) this is definitely the easiest I've ever done. Which sounds crazy, but I really don't even get hungry till about 2 hours before my window opens and an hour and a half of that is leaving work and driving home, so it's not so bad. And I drink a lot of water. :D

And thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I'm on the down hill slide to 40 now, so I know losing this weight will just get harder and harder so I am determined to get it off this time for good!!!!!

Have a great Friday everyone.

Streudel
05-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info, wvuchick. :D It sounds like your body adjusts to the fast part of the day. I've known some thin people who eat exactly that way naturally, just one big meal a day. I think for some people, grazing just makes you hungrier.

Happy Friday everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Streudel.. .You are very welcome. Thats the great thing about this site.. people share and I read things I might not ever think about :)

I hope that everyone is having a truly Joyous weekend.. (Beautiful outside! tho hot & Humid here in SE Fla..) ahhhh.... I am doing a 2 day Fat Fast and am excited for the outcome Monday morning! :) today I weighed in at 222.4..... So very close to my low 27 days ago... I hope this Fat Fast kicks me into the 2 teens... OH JOY OH JOY OH BOY! LOL

Streudel
05-31-2014, 02:51 PM
232.5 today.

It is positively gorgeous here in Maryland as well. Definitely going to get out for a bike ride.

Wow, you are so close, wanna! Crossing my fingers for you on Mon...

KarinRose
05-31-2014, 03:12 PM

Gorgeous day!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-31-2014, 06:01 PM
and my boo boo.. :bday2you: :celebrate: :hb: and :balloons: to you WVUCHICK! I hope its a GREAT ONE! :D

KarinRose
06-01-2014, 11:26 AM
I will never understand the nature of the whoosh...

236.1 this morning.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Karin.. the Woosh or Whoosh.. is a very elusive creature. It comes by way of the Woosh Fairy and she does not always visit too often. Usually when someone has caught her attention - they don't like to give her up LOL. I sometimes pray to have the woosh fairy visit me :D

Actually.. I only woosh 1 week out of the month.. That is my pattern and its usually around the full moon (interesting). Keep a chart to see what your pattern is.. You might also just have a woosh period and then just lose tiny bits during the "off" times.

I am in day 2 of my Fat Fast and this morning I weighed in at my lowest weight on this journey 221.8 HOO RA! and after walking I was down to 220.6.. so looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow after the 2nd and final Fat Fast Day... maybe ..... maybe...... 2 teens? :D

wannaskipandlaugh
06-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Well Happy Camper here.... My 2 day Fat Fast netted me -2 lbs! WWEEEE and :woohoo: :) I am just "-" this close to the 2 teens... Scale read 220.4. I am so thrilled!

I also wish you all a very Happy Monday and hope its not stressful but FUN!

Streudel
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Way to go on your losses KarinRose and wanna!!! :cp:

I'm up 1 to 233.5 today. A little too much soy sauce last night...

wannaskipandlaugh
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Streudel. ....that blip up will come off! Oh yes it will and Karin.. Oh I bet your scale is cheering you today!

WVUchick... just checking on you and your Birthday celebrations! Having a good time??!! I bet you are and you deserve it!

Do you all do anything different in the summer compared to winter (in eating times/foods/exercise etc??) I am lucky as I live in So Fla so I can walk outside all winter (like the cool weather) and summer.. I have to walk later at night to avoid the Heat and Humidity.. but I also seem to eat alittle less... I expected alittle uptick on my 2 day Fat Fast weight loss and yep - up .4 oz (20%) so not bad.. and its just water... so that will go away soon!

Have a terrific day all!

wvuchick
06-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Good Tuesday morning everyone.

I've been quite the busy beaver and haven't had the time to check in properly until now.

Saturday and Sunday (my birthday) I worked outside ALL day, mowing grass and doing some light carpentry and cleaning, which is just not right on one's bday. :D Yesterday I had a training class at work and no access to 3FC.

Great Job on your losses Wanna and Karin.

I've lot 2.8 lbs since my last check in Thursday. Got to as low as 224, today I was 224.2. I see the Two-teens in my crosshairs. Hope to get there shortly after you wanna!

Have a wonderful Tuesday. :coffee:

KarinRose
06-03-2014, 10:30 PM
This week is nothing but an endless stream of celebrations (I mean three work celebrations in 25 hours... Who does that?)

I'm doing the best I can, but mostly hoping not to gain. Pluckily it only lasts a week. Ate only fruit at party this morning and mainly just salad and roast chicken tonight.... Only five or six more parties to make it through this week.

DEEP. BREATHS.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Karin.. Just think... its the celebration of the people that is important.. NOT the food! You can work around those Land Mines! :D Or do your best! But have fun!!! :)

WV.. oh you worked on your birthday.. Did you celebrate too I hope?? But nice Number for you on the scale! Weeeeee You will probably get into the 2 Teens before me.. I am still hovering! LOL Go Girl Go!

Me.. at 220.6 today.. up and down .2 these last 3 days (after my Fat Fast).. so I am happy that I maintained the loss after going back to my normal Atkins eating...Did not gain much water.. so WooHoo... I WILL Be in the 2 teens by this weekend if not sooner! I believe it!

wvuchick
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Wanna - Thanks for the confidence, but I am sure you will reach the two teens before me! :D

Karin - I know what you mean, we have a lot of work celebrations too. It's never something healthy like fruit. LOL It's usually cupcakes, donuts, or other sugary deliciousness. I just say no! LOL Good luck!

Streudel - Have I noticed this before or am I suffering morning brain fog. Our stats are really close height, starting weight and goal weight. We could be weight loss twins. ;)

Down another .4 lbs to 223.8. Getting closer to the two teens and that ever elusive Onederland. I have a BIG family reunion that I am organizing the weekend after labor day. I am shooting for Onederland by then. Think that's doable? I say heck yeah!

Have a great day ladies!

Streudel
06-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Hi All,

Back to 233. Dropping some of that water weight. It was worth it for sushi. :D

wanna, my plan, exercise and food, does vary a bit seasonally. In the summer, I go early in the am to beat the heat like you do. In the winter, I bundle up and will go outside right up to blizzard conditions. I get very depressed if I don't get out and get that sunlight.

I think the other thing is that I get as much summer fruit and produce as possible. I'm fortunate to live in the most agrarian county in MD, so farm stands and farmer's markets ( and friends who are farmers ) are everywhere.

KarinRose, where do you work, a party supply store or a caterer? ;) That's a lot of partying for one day. LOL! My work loves a good party too. And donuts every Fri.

wvuchick, I don't think you mentioned it before, but I did notice we're weight loss twins. Are you also shaped like a Golden Delicious like I am? :lol: Sometimes I tell people I look less like an apple and more like a meatball with 2 toothpicks for legs.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Well... I beat you WV!!! I made it into the 2 teens 219.6... But staying in this thread with you two (Streudel) until I see 218 as just in case (I am going out to dinner to Longhorn tonight and I will eat salt ) But I am thrilled and another Awesome thing.. I LOST 100 LBS! exactly 1 year and 5 months and my mind is having a hard time understanding that... I always beleived I would do it.. but sometimes that little doubting voice reared its head and said uh uh.. well I PROVED IT WRONG! LOL Now onto 110 lbs off!!!!!!!

Have a Wonderful and Very Nice day all!

wvuchick
06-05-2014, 10:34 AM
No Streudel, I guess I'm more pear, although I think there is an hour glass in there somewhere. But I have no chest, which is so unfair, most ladies my size have big tatas. :o Good job on your .5 loss!

wanna - :bravo: and :woohoo: and :congrat:!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome to hit the century mark and a new decade at the same time. I see Onederland for you in the near future.

I was down 0.2 today. I like these slow steady losses, but still hoping for a whoosh to get me to the two-teens sooner rather than later.

Have a great Thursday y'all!

justaloozer
06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
WTG Wanna! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being MIA lately. We just moved and hectic is the best word I can come up with for how my life has been lately. On top of that I have been sick for a few days now.

I weighed in at 227.4 today! My new low! I am hoping to hit the 2teens in July. 12 more lbs to go until I hit my 100lbs lost! ;)

Have a great day everyone!

wvuchick
06-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Welcome back loozer. Great job on reaching your new low amid all the chaos and not feeling well. Two-teens by the end of the month is my goal. Looks like all three of us will be leaving this thread soon. :D

Streudel
06-05-2014, 08:00 PM
I LOST 100 LBS! exactly 1 year and 5 months and my mind is having a hard time understanding that... I always beleived I would do it.. but sometimes that little doubting voice reared its head and said uh uh.. well I PROVED IT WRONG! LOL Now onto 110 lbs off!!!!!!!

Have a Wonderful and Very Nice day all!

Wow!!! Congrats on your century!!! :carrot: Way to tell that little doubting voice to go pound sand.

Good job on your losses wvuchick and loozer!:D

I'm at 231.5 to today. :)

KarinRose
06-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow! Can I just say that I'm in awe of you amazing ladies!

Wanna, 100 pounds lost is still just a dream for me, you are so inspiring!

Justaloozer, you are solo close to a 100 pound loss too! Wow!

Streudel, haha, no, I work at a school that is awash in baby and bridal showers and retirement parties. It's really out of control!!!

Wvuchick, I'm with you on the pear shape and small tatas. I know pear shape is supposed to be healthier but I wouldn't complain if the bust fairy visited... ;-)

wannaskipandlaugh
06-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Justa.. It is SO GOOD to see you! Don't go away so long again! and I am sorry you were sick and going crazy but :cheer2: to you on your low weight! :D

Streudel - That little voice does get loud doesn't it??!! grrr and thank you - but YEAH to you on being lower on the scale! WOOT!

Karin - Thank you for your words and yep.... I am kinda in shock about the -100 lbs... tho I have been in the -90 lbs for a LONG time.. lol and back in that again today... It is your dream and your belief that you WILL also lose those 100 lbs and you will! It gets more and more believable when you have lost 50 lbs.. then 75 lbs.. Its like a freight train and you just keep going forward as it is a goal to strive for and WHAM you have done it. I believe you will do it!

WV.. Thank you and the two teens are trying to hide from you.. but you have them in YOUR Site! and will get there and STICK...

Me..

Well.. my toe that I put into that no musta been burned as I am back in the 220's boooooo ... Even tho I ate on plan and still only had 32 carbs yesterday... I musta over did the salt at Longhorn last night.. Up 2 lbs BOO!! But that is okay.. I know I will be back in the 2 teens as I felt it once and I will get it again! and this time I am bringing you all with me!

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! OOOOOOOOO What a feeling Friday is to our souls!!

"I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drum all day" Jackson Browne

wvuchick
06-06-2014, 10:34 AM
KarinRose - Exactly. Please send that fairy my way, if you see her. ;)

Wanna - I'd definitely say its only a temporary gain, you'll be back down again soon.

So today I jump on the scale and it says 221. 2.6 lbs. and I'm like what?!?!?!?!? So I decide to make sure its right. Alas no, back to 223.6 so no loss but no gain either. I'm thinking that it was a whoosh that decided to wait for the weekend. :D

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!! Except I have A LOT of work to do today. BOOOOOO! Thinking I'll get at it this morning so I can have the afternoon to play. SHHHHH!

Streudel
06-07-2014, 11:05 AM
OMG, so happy to get to the weekend! Hope everyone gets to get outside and enjoy this beautiful spring weather. :D

229.5 today.

KarinRose
06-07-2014, 11:06 AM
235.9 today. Only a .2 loss from last week's low but I will take it.

Party update: coming up this week 1 festival, 1 baby shower, 3 retirement parties, and 2 class end-of-year parties. Must stay strong.

Egads, June is riddled with landmines!

jillybean2014
06-08-2014, 10:12 AM
I am restarting. I got off track around april and ended up gaining about 20lbs back so here I am again. I am starting today at 231.2 and my lowest was at 209, so hoping I can reach onderland by fall or Christmas.
I am a big emotional eater. In april I ended up taking a new job which was stressful and my horse who was pregnant ended up losing the foal 2 weeks before it was due. We kept it alive for 48 hours and I think that was what threw me over the edge and the fact it was on easter week with chocolate everywhere and I threw in the towel.
Okay so I am ready to get restarted and quit bingeing and eating junk.

josiegarden
06-08-2014, 10:29 AM
:carrot::carrot:

Have lost 20% of my desired weight. Don't care if it takes another year - it gives me a better chance at really learning new ways to do food!

Streudel
06-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Welcome aboard, Jillybean! :wave:

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough go of it in April. Give yourself lotsa credit for stopping the slide in June. A lot of us, and by that I mean me :o wouldn't restart until June of the following year.

Streudel
06-08-2014, 10:38 AM
:carrot::carrot:

Have lost 20% of my desired weight. Don't care if it takes another year - it gives me a better chance at really learning new ways to do food!

Congratulations!!:congrat::cp::cp::cp:

20% is a HUGE help to your health! You must be very proud! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
06-08-2014, 09:10 PM
KarinRose - Wow you do have alot of parties and gatherings (Landmines) this month! I KNOW you will do darn well during those as you will have fun and joy with the people! :) Hugs to you!

Jillybean -I am so sorry about your sorrows and stress that happened.. oh gosh.. I can't imagine losing a loved foal (or any kind of baby) that you are doing everything you can to help it live.. I am so sorry for your lose and I understand your feelings and what happened (I lost a man I really liked in February) I am glad you are here and can show us the way to Onderland! :) and I bet you fly to the next thread likety Split!

Josiegarden.. WOW you have lost 20% of your weight! HAZAAA and a big time Shazaam! Good no GRRRRRRREAT... That is awesome.. To me 20% off is a meanful loss.. its a work in progress and not just a short weekend losing! :)

Thank you Streudel, WV (I am glad you had a good Birthday) and Karin for your words of encouragement... Gosh darn water weight gain GGRRRR> But yesterday I had lost another lb and today I was down to 220.2 (sooooo close) so almost all the water weight gain from Thursday (2.8 lbs) is gone... just .6 more and ... :D after I walked this morning the scale read 218.6! soooooo maybe Monday MIGHT be a good day for a change! LOL

Happy Sunday evening all and I wish you a wonderful night!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-09-2014, 08:48 AM
WOOHOO.. okay.. I am back to the 2 teens.. 219.2 this morning! Hooray!!!! that makes my Monday start off really good! :) I won't budge from here until I see this 2 days in a row... So you all get to deal with me for another day (I believe! :) ) ahhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for you all to feel this feeling.. Onderland is sooooooooooooooooooooo close now!

Happy Monday today and I hope you all do a Jig too today!

wvuchick
06-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Streudel - Congrats on the 2 lb loss. :bravo:

KarinRose - A loss is a loss, at least it's in the right direction!

Jillybean - So sorry to hear about your loss, I can definitely understand your heartache. :hug: I too am hoping for Onederland by Fall or Christmas, although my hearts desire would be to hit it by Labor day, when I have a big family reunion. We can do it together!

Josie - Great job on the 20%. I love thinking of weight loss in terms of percentage. I think it really puts it into perspective.

Wanna - So happy for you to get back in the two-teens, but we sure are going to miss you.

So I had a crazy weekend. Spent 5.5 hours in the ER on Saturday with my hubby so I only ate a bowl of cereal for the whole day. He's fine today, thankfully or he might have ended up back in the ER with a wife induced injury. Yesterday we were so tired we didn't do much of anything. I lost abt 2lbs on Sunday morning after eating so little, but it's back this morning as I suspected. Booooo! But I'm still hoping for a whoosh to get me closer to the two teens!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Brandibooxoxo
06-09-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm finally back on after months of moving and family issues. I have decided that I need to do this for myself and recommit to losing the extra weight. I've been counting all of my points for three days now and I have been staying within my points. Now if I can SLOWLY add In some exercise ill be doing great.

KarinRose
06-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Did not navigate landmines well today and paying the price... :-(

Will try harder tomorrow.

Tubegeek
06-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Your stories are SO inspiring to me! It is great to see how well everyone is doing. I can't wait until I am back in the teens!!
I haven't had a landmine come up yet, but seeing how everyone is dealing with them - you really do inspire me.

RubyRed93
06-10-2014, 12:19 AM
So I've been stuck at 219-220 for the past month. I'm surprised that I'm lasting this long and haven't given up. I think I've hit a landmine because I haven't been to the gym and the way that I want to exercise isn't cutting it.

Anyway this morning I was 219.2. If I can get that down to 218, then I'll finally let myself go on to the two teens thread.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Welcome Brandi (I am so sorry about the troubles booo) and Tubegeek! Welcome to you both and may your stay here in this thread be short but very fun and sweet!

Ruby... good to see you again! and I am there right with you!.. Finally tho..... I think I will move.. tho I will be back as I feel good with you all here and .........
I hit 218.4 this morning... so I guess it is time for me to move.. Funny thing.. It took me longer to go thru the 240's thread (10 lbs) than this 2 decades thread. LOL I hope that means that the next thread will be even shorter! WOOHOO!

Ok.. I will be back to talk only... but.. I want you all to please hurry hurry hurry to the next thread! I need and love your posts and support! WV you are sooooo close too.. come on down!

I am waving.. but will not be a memory!

wvuchick
06-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Welcome back Brandi!

Karin Rose - You've come so far, just keep on trucking.

Ruby - Don't worry too much, we all hit plateaus. It won't last forever.

Welcome Tubegeek.

Wanna - Congrats on officially moving on to the next thread!!!!! I'll be there soon! :D

Today I weighed in at 222.6. That's .8 down from yesterday. Pretty happy with that. I also feel skinnier today. The pants I have on used to be skin tight and actually hurt to button them. Today they are really loose, almost too big actually. :dance:

I wanted to share this quote I found on the internet somewhere that I really love:

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track. That's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail. (I think it should also say no change in the scale too!)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Brandibooxoxo
06-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks Wanna and Wvuchick. So I hopped on the scale 3 days after my "restart" weigh in, and weighed 226.8. I'm only going to update my ticker on here once a week, but I'm using my WW app to log my in-between weigh-ins so maybe I will get a better idea of how my weight fluctuates.

wvuchick
06-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Brandi - 3 lbs is a great start. Way to go!

Streudel
06-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome back, Brandi and welcome to the thread Tubegeek. :wave:

You should be proud of yourself, Ruby. You're not letting a little pitstop undo all of your hard work. :cp:

wvu, that is a sweet NSV there! Nothing says progress like needing new clothes. :carrot: Great quote, BTW. :D

wanna, I'm so thrilled for you! Onederland is right around the corner. :D

KarinRose, don't be too hard on yourself. Anytime you have that many events packed into a small timeframe ( think Thanksgiving to New Year's ) you're probably going to overindulge at some point.

Me, I'm up 1.5, but I'm not sweatin' it. I know I'm doing the right things, so it'll all shake out in the end. ;)

wannaskipandlaugh
06-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Brandi... 3 lbs done That is Great! :)

Streudel... Eh that water uptick is a blip and will melt away Fast ! :)

WV. Love the quote!

Hope you all have a great day!!! :)

jillybean2014
06-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the support. I started back sunday and so far down almost 6 lbs! Amazing when you get back on track how the water pours off.

Wannaskipand laugh- I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. Congrats on moving to the next thread I hope to move there soon myself.

wvu- I think shopping for new clothes when you lose weight is one of the best nsv. Congrats to you!

streudel- You will have that off in no time, drink that lemon water!

karinrose- Overindulging happens but as long as we get back up on the horse so to speak we will get there and be successful.

If I missed anyone I hope you are successful today!

Streudel
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Happy Over the Hump Day All!!

Dropped that 1.5 plus another half this morning. :)

I think the reduced sugar is really starting to make a difference with the PCOS. My cycle's finally getting back on track and I'm not fighting so hard for every lb.

Way to go, jillybean!! 6 lbs is fantastic! :cp::cp:

wannaskipandlaugh
06-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Good Going Streudel = getting rid of that extra water and it took more with it! :) (I see you also won the 5 lbs off challenge!!! WOOHOO!

wvuchick
06-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Congrats Streudel on your loss and I guess the 5 lb challenge. :p I was so close to winning that one! No really a big :congrat: on both!!!

Streudel
06-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks ladies!!

wvu, my money's on you for this challenge. :D You were really steady the whole way through and it was super close!

Me, I'm doing the "up and down" thing a lot recently. Can't seem to kick the salt habit. Oh well, one bad habit at a time. ;)

Brandibooxoxo
06-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Love reading about everyones losses :)
I decided i'm going to wait til saturday to weigh in again, I kinda wanna be surprised like a kid at christmas. Monday I am starting a new job which is a very relaxed environment with lots of food around. I hope I can find ways to push through the temptation.

wvuchick
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Streudel: We'll see about the challenge ;). I love the friendly competition.

Brandi: Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. Keep checking here for motivation. These ladies have really been a great help to me!

I'm having a lovely day. I lost a pound, so I'm now 1.3 lbs from the two teens thread. :D I also have on pants that are 2 sizes smaller than when I started. And they really aren't all that tight. And I got to add another :encore: to my signature. Can't ask for more than that!!!

Have a great Friday everyone!

justaloozer
06-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Ugh! Once I felt better and starting eating regularly (actually a bit out of control- outside food 3 days in a row!), I went back up to 232.4!

Today I am down to 230.2. Hopefully I wll be back in the 220s soon!

wvuchick
06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
loozer - I hope you are getting settled and just remember life happens. As long as you keep trying, you are going to make it. You've come so far and are such an inspiration. You got this!

Streudel
06-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Happy Friday chickies!

wvu, I agree, I love the friendly competition. There are so many threads here that keep you focused on the next step instead of the next 100. I also like the long challenges ( Easter to Summer ) and of course the decade threads. :D

Congrats on the loss! You're going to be in the teens any day now!:carrot:

Can't wait to hear your good news on Sat. Brandi!

Don't worry, justaloozer. You're already heading back in the right direction. That was just a speed bump and it's already in your rear-view mirror!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Yay! Justa! Nice loss.. and more to come for you!

Ohhhhh there are so many of you in the 220's... please hurry... there realy isn't anyone in the 2 teens (I remember when there were more than 20 posting in there... everyone moved on or disappeared and I am lonely!!!) Come keep me company!!!