30-Somethings - I need help in getting my "good attitude" back

iluvboots
03-12-2001, 12:48 PM
Hi name is "iluvboots" and I am 35 and lost my drive to lose the rest of my weight. I use to walk 3 miles a day and NEVER
changed my eating habits a bit. I just added drinking more water. I added a "good attitude" about getting up at 5am
to walk my three miles and enjoyed that "time" to myself. I lived a lone at the time and felt like I was getting to know my
self better while walking those miles and lossing that weight.

As you can see I am new to this forum and want to chat with people who know and understand how hard it is to lose weight.
so if I am not doing all of this the correct way, please someone tell me. anyways, I have always been overweight and two
years ago (i can't believe time passes so fast) when I started walking and I lost 50 pounds in 5 1/2 month. NO KIDDEN, no
weight pills no change in the food intake (but adding more water). I believed to this day it was my attitude.

Well the only two things that have changed in my life since dec 1999 was I lost my Tonsil in surger at the age of 34 and met
a wonderful man! We now live together and he is WONDERFUL cook. I did very well for most of the year of 2000 until about
november and started to put the weight back on. NOW I find myself wanting to throw in the towel and give up.

I miss my wonderful "attitude" and I just can't seem to find it or just get it back. Any Ideas out there?

thanks
iluvboots

LBH
03-12-2001, 01:21 PM
Hi Boots! Welcome to our thread! We're a little slow around here lately, but feel free to hop in and vent anytime you want! Pop on over to the "week of..." thread! :D

iluvboots
03-12-2001, 04:42 PM
GOOD LORD I am lost in this thing. You would think I would have this compute thing figured out since I work on
one all day long. but once in a while I come across something I just can't figure out that easily. :)

it is nice to be in a group that I can chat with about how I feel about lossing weight and get a boost from someone that understands. :)

iluvboots :^:

LBH
03-14-2001, 09:20 AM
If you look at the top of the page it says:

top of forum > Clubs and Groups > 30-Somethings > ...

Just click on 30-Somethings, it will bring you to the main page of listings for 30-Somethings. Then click on the thread that says "Week of March 11". That's where we normally post! Usually every week someone starts a new thread...or when it gets too long.

Rabbit
03-15-2001, 05:21 PM
HI Boots! I tried to respond to you a few days ago but was having trouble that night with posting. So I'm back. You've come to the right place! I think we all understand just how tough this weight loss thing is. Please join us! Maybe together we can all succeed.

Rabbit