Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-12-2014, 08:02 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

shrinkingsusie
03-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Good morning!

Regarding the fit it, I was hoping for something with a heart rate monitor since I am mostly just standing at work, I wanted to track calories burned, not just how many I burned from walking. Bummer.

schenectady
03-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Yesterday, my life with IP came to a grinding and frantic stop! Months and months of being 100% IP changed in a flash. My life has been very, very stressful lately and mentally, I had a tantrum. I think normally I would have had mechanisms in place to deal with it all, but that framework of logically working things out is gone for the moment.

I think the key to it all is the moving process. We have sold our family home and I am sorting and packing 25 years of children and life. Emotionally, that is both sweet and bittersweet.

In the meanwhile, we are moving to a rented house half the size of our current home, half an hour away. Nothing familiar, stuck in traffic going back and forth, handling new utilities, trying to fit our belongings in somehow.

The rental house is needed as we are blessedly building our own new home, 1.5 hours away in the mountains. Builder, architect, design review committee, construction loans...

So I sat down for a minute and everything in the kitchen disappeared down my mouth in a frantic breakdown. I knew what I was doing and it just rolled over me. Fortunately there is not much food left in the house so it was limited to candy intended for our granddaughter's birthday Saturday, leftover chips, beef jerky.

Funny, because none of those things are things I normally like to eat or trigger foods. It was like a 20 minute binge after which I felt very ill, of course. Oddly, I knew when it was over, it was over. I know I am back on IP stronger than before. Looking bad, it was sad and funny because if anyone had been watching, it would have been pathetic and manic, two characteristics not common with me!

My reason for posting this is not because I am proud or even because I understand what happened. I am not proud and I do not know what it was except maybe a little bit of a breakdown? What happened next was to figure out how to deal with it.

I did not need to throw out any tempting foods - there are none left and I am not feeling tempted. I packed up my purse and headed out to a session making fused glass bowls. Three hours of creativity reset my compass and my brain.

So what is the lesson I learned? Not sure, I am still working on it. I do know that what I am thinking is that I know I dealt with a stressful situation by resorting to old habits and coping. I did not take a moment to think how better to deal with it - had I gone to the studio and made glass bowls earlier, I think it would have passed.

I am not beating myself up, just reworking my thinking how to handle things better when super over stressed. Made my IP compliant breakfast shake knowing that a big break is not a reason to keep going in that direction.

ssubert
03-12-2014, 10:39 AM
My sister is trying to do 10,000 steps a day. She is always walking in place while cooking , talking on the phone etc. She loves her Fit Bit, it's actually her third.

The first one clipped onto a pocket and was lost. Second way was "okay" but didn't have the feed back that she wanted. Now she has one on her wrist with colored lights and it measures steps and elevation (flights of stairs.)

It's a gimmick but she likes it because it has her moving and that's a good thing.

10K steps will burn 250-600 calories depending on your weight and how briskly you are walking. 2000 steps = approximately a mile, so 10,000 would be 5 miles

Enjoys your daily walks today. :dancer:

ssubert
03-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Yesterday, my life with IP came to a grinding and frantic stop! .......I am not beating myself up, just reworking my thinking how to handle things better when super over stressed. Made my IP compliant breakfast shake knowing that a big break is not a reason to keep going in that direction.

It happened and today you are back on track. :carrot:
I'm proud of you for getting to the glass shop yesterday and taking time to rethink what happened, what started it.

Stress is a *****. ( Can I say ***** in a post?)
Okay, stress is a real bear...

danilynn
03-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Yesterday, my life with IP came to a grinding and frantic stop! Months and months of being 100% IP changed in a flash. My life has been very, very stressful lately and mentally, I had a tantrum. I think normally I would have had mechanisms in place to deal with it all, but that framework of logically working things out is gone for the moment.

I think the key to it all is the moving process. We have sold our family home and I am sorting and packing 25 years of children and life. Emotionally, that is both sweet and bittersweet.

In the meanwhile, we are moving to a rented house half the size of our current home, half an hour away. Nothing familiar, stuck in traffic going back and forth, handling new utilities, trying to fit our belongings in somehow.

The rental house is needed as we are blessedly building our own new home, 1.5 hours away in the mountains. Builder, architect, design review committee, construction loans...

So I sat down for a minute and everything in the kitchen disappeared down my mouth in a frantic breakdown. I knew what I was doing and it just rolled over me. Fortunately there is not much food left in the house so it was limited to candy intended for our granddaughter's birthday Saturday, leftover chips, beef jerky.

Funny, because none of those things are things I normally like to eat or trigger foods. It was like a 20 minute binge after which I felt very ill, of course. Oddly, I knew when it was over, it was over. I know I am back on IP stronger than before. Looking bad, it was sad and funny because if anyone had been watching, it would have been pathetic and manic, two characteristics not common with me!

My reason for posting this is not because I am proud or even because I understand what happened. I am not proud and I do not know what it was except maybe a little bit of a breakdown? What happened next was to figure out how to deal with it.

I did not need to throw out any tempting foods - there are none left and I am not feeling tempted. I packed up my purse and headed out to a session making fused glass bowls. Three hours of creativity reset my compass and my brain.

So what is the lesson I learned? Not sure, I am still working on it. I do know that what I am thinking is that I know I dealt with a stressful situation by resorting to old habits and coping. I did not take a moment to think how better to deal with it - had I gone to the studio and made glass bowls earlier, I think it would have passed.

I am not beating myself up, just reworking my thinking how to handle things better when super over stressed. Made my IP compliant breakfast shake knowing that a big break is not a reason to keep going in that direction.

:hug: Cheer up sweet friend!! The important thing is you got right back up on that saddle again. HUGSS to you!!!

kontesanera
03-12-2014, 10:59 AM
schenectady -hugs to you. I am an emotional eater and when stressed and overwhelmed, I would mindlessly eat and stuff myself. It takes courage to share what you shared and not to wallow in self pity. I am glad that you were able to reflect on what happened and that you were able to deal with it, instead of going on a days or months long binge.

Since starting this journey almost 5 weeks ago, I have had to put up with so much temptation, that I feel that it is starting to wear thin. Three birthday parties and a big christening party in the past 4 weeks that I made through fairly unscathed, have left me kind of exhausted. I also have a dinner party to attend on the 22nd, and already am left feeling overwhelmed just dealing with it, but do not want to isolate myself socially. Losses that I am experiencing and the money that I am spending on this are very motivating not to give in to carbs and wine. (there is a huge snow storm here today after having spring-like weather for two days, so that is also contributing to some self pity today. lol)

Johnsdeere
03-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Schenectady - I'm sorry for the stress you are currently under and about the binge eatting. I do think that you will be better for it since you seem to have really reflected on it (and continue to) to make sense of it all and turn it into a positive. THAT is what makes the difference and helps us in the path forward. Good on you! Chin up and as you said, no need in beating yourself up. :)

Warning TMI: Can I ask a question for the ladies on here? Today is week 6 of doing IP and last month when I had my period I was in Hawaii where we had no scales so I was unable to take my weight for two weeks but, was 100% on IP as I am today. I jumped on the scale today and I'm down -.2 lbs. I don't feel bloated as I might normally (pre-IP) however; was wondering if you ladies have a small decline on your personal scale during that time of the month. I'm not really discouraged since I'm doing IP 100% and invested as I ever have, I just didn't know if this will be a continual thing every month and to expect it.
I'd love to hear your experience if you would please.

schenectady
03-12-2014, 12:16 PM
schenectady -hugs to you. I am an emotional eater and when stressed and overwhelmed, I would mindlessly eat and stuff myself. It takes courage to share what you shared and not to wallow in self pity. I am glad that you were able to reflect on what happened and that you were able to deal with it, instead of going on a days or months long binge.

Since starting this journey almost 5 weeks ago, I have had to put up with so much temptation, that I feel that it is starting to wear thin. Three birthday parties and a big christening party in the past 4 weeks that I made through fairly unscathed, have left me kind of exhausted. I also have a dinner party to attend on the 22nd, and already am left feeling overwhelmed just dealing with it, but do not want to isolate myself socially. Losses that I am experiencing and the money that I am spending on this are very motivating not to give in to carbs and wine. (there is a huge snow storm here today after having spring-like weather for two days, so that is also contributing to some self pity today. lol)

kontesanera - thank you for your kind reply - I started in August, slipped for nearly 2 months at the holidays, and have been back 100% since then. This was my fir (and only) let go and go crazy, lost it day!

You may find that as time goes on, those challenging social situations can become almost fun challenges! I would look at the menu in advance where I could, and plan. I will now ask waiters specifically to the tiniest degree for how I want the meal prepared. They are very good about it most times. I turned those situations into little mind games for me as to how compliant I could make non typical eating cases.

It becomes easier with time and the determination often fuels the ability to go day after day. I make time for me to do things special - instead of rewarding with food, I reward with a trip to the nearby thrift store to see what great label, good price SMALLER clothes I could find. Buy new and different makeup colors, get a pedicure.

Maybe every time you successfully navigate one of your parties or birthdays by being 100% compliant, you could celebrate in a different way by pampering yourself. The pride that you carry from making it through will also help!

lisa32989
03-12-2014, 12:22 PM
schenectady
First :hug:

Next
You are a perfect example of "all is not lost" if there is a glitch.
Good for you for hopping right back on the horse!
You didn't wait until Monday (or some other random day) to restart.
You shut it down and you're moving on.

I didn't get to 260 by eating too much at parties & special events. I got to 260 by binge eating, overall unhealthy food choices and unhealthy behaviors. And times I've spent off of P1 have showed me that those tendencies are still in me (whether I act on them or not), which is why I've said over & over that IP isn't a cure-all & I still have the disease of obesity, albeit in remission at the present time.

There is a reason I'm reading books suggested by successful maintainers. It is something I've not had success with and I want to learn. The Beck book helps readers identify all sorts of behaviors and how our own actions and thought patterns can be our downfall. Making big, sustainable change is more than a diet. It means changing the way we act and react. Since you're super busy right now, you might want to look into the downloadable audio-version. I listen on my commutes. It is extremely helpful at teaching me how to change my thoughts.

A lot of words here to give you empathetic support. I can totally relate to your struggle. Although it wasn't the cause of my stall, I can see how easily I could get back into "unchecked" eating if I'm not careful.

IP takes the weight off but for some of us it takes more than a diet to learn to live differently so it won't come back on.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure posting that very honest assessment of your day was hard to do. But now it's not bottled up inside. Good for you!

AmberLS
03-12-2014, 12:26 PM

Emotions play funny tricks on us! I have always been an emotional eater and today I am trying to win because it's the first anniversary of my dad's death and I am trying to prove that I can stay focused and not eat crap because I'm sad. I'm sorry you had such a trying day, but glad to hear that it resulted in a bigger desire to succeed. Moving is stressful no matter how you look at it even though its for a better future it doesn't make it any less difficult, especially as you pack up your families memories! I plan to move in the next few years and even thinking about leaving the house where my kids came home to as babies is hard.

schenectady
03-12-2014, 12:29 PM
schenectady
First :hug:

Next
You are a perfect example of "all is not lost" if there is a glitch.
Good for you for hopping right back on the horse!
You didn't wait until Monday (or some other random day) to restart.
You shut it down and you're moving on.

I didn't get to 260 by eating too much at parties & special events. I got to 260 by binge eating, overall unhealthy food choices and unhealthy behaviors. And times I've spent off of P1 have showed me that those tendencies are still in me (whether I act on them or not), which is why I've said over & over that IP isn't a cure-all & I still have the disease of obesity, albeit in remission at the present time.

There is a reason I'm reading books suggested by successful maintainers. It is something I've not had success with and I want to learn. The Beck book helps readers identify all sorts of behaviors and how our own actions and thought patterns can be our downfall. Making big, sustainable change is more than a diet. It means changing the way we act and react. Since you're super busy right now, you might want to look into the downloadable audio-version. I listen on my commutes. It is extremely helpful at teaching me how to change my thoughts.

A lot of words here to give you empathetic support. I can totally relate to your struggle. Although it wasn't the cause of my stall, I can see how easily I could get back into "unchecked" eating if I'm not careful.

IP takes the weight off but for some of us it takes more than a diet to learn to live differently so it won't come back on.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure posting that very honest assessment of your day was hard to do. But now it's not bottled up inside. Good for you!

Lisa - thanks so much for the kind and supportive words. It is this site that has made it easier to get back on to the program and go back to 100% IP.

I know binge eating is a big issue for me and yesterday it was almost as if I was outside my own body and watching this person sit and eat wildly, trying to fix some unspoken need. I know that there is no food around that will do that and I just needed to re-center myself and remind myself how much fun it is to wear smaller clothes, sit in an airline seat comfortably and put in the seat belt, look in the mirror and feel good.

I read and reread the Beck book and find so much there to help me through. The book is next to my bed and will move from house to house in the same location! On to the next battle! Thanks again for the kindness.

AmberLS
03-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud. It was nice to step on the scale and be down a pound since yesterday, doesn't always happen 4 weeks in, but when it does I smile. I have had lot's of NSV's this week and weekend, losing about an inch off most body parts (except my arms lol they've actually grown). I bought a pair of pants that I couldn't even pull over my thighs a month ago and now I can get them on, can't quite button them, but I bet I can in a few weeks, plus just looking at my body I see big changes already. I feel more confident already, I can't believe what a difference 17lbs makes!

mars735
03-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Wow Ruth Ann, Way to go!!!!

sunflwr816
03-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Just popping in quick to let you know there's free shipping on orders over $49 today from Nashua Nutrition with the code "TODAY49" :) Have a great day everyone!

sarahBell
03-12-2014, 01:07 PM

I am so sorry you had a break down. Some times everything just builds up inside and then it just blows up and emotions run so high. :hug:

I hope today is better for you and the rest of the week AND I hope your move goes well :)

drd1961
03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud. It was nice to step on the scale and be down a pound since yesterday, doesn't always happen 4 weeks in, but when it does I smile. I have had lot's of NSV's this week and weekend, losing about an inch off most body parts (except my arms lol they've actually grown). I bought a pair of pants that I couldn't even pull over my thighs a month ago and now I can get them on, can't quite button them, but I bet I can in a few weeks, plus just looking at my body I see big changes already. I feel more confident already, I can't believe what a difference 17lbs makes!

Take care of yourself on this tough day.

sarahBell
03-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Today I am doing so well (knock on wood) I have not cheated once and it is 11am.

I will be ok until dinner time hits and then that is the challenge for me. Please dup the :dust: on me- I'll take a few mega dump truck loads if you got it!

Also you can you please give some positive thoughts for my poor mom.

She had a break down last night. she (and my dad) have had so much happen in the past 6 months.

Losing their home to a tornado in Oct
Dealing with the insurance adjuster whom is dictating what they can and cannot put in their house that is being rebuilt.
Someone stole their dogs (they had 2 then one had puppies) and they found them but cant go and get them until they get their house finished :(

Then my grandpa died last month, then the straw that broke the camels back: her real dad (my grandma divorced him when my mom and uncle were young) died back in Dec. and she just found out from her uncle (her bio dads brother) who just happen to be looking at the area where he lived and found out via the news paper on line there. This blind sided my mom big time.

She is an emotional wreck she needs some +++ thoughts please :)

drd1961
03-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Binge eating - I do identify that and see something with the P3 breakfast. I will eat and I will be full and satisfied, but sometimes there is a bit of a, oh that is good and I want more. I am doing self talk and saying are you hungry, no, drink water, yes and examine why. Again, all of this food is available day after day and I have to teach myself one is enough. Or sometimes none if it just is not in the plan for the day. I have lost before and even maintained for a couple of years, but it has come back, with the help of some meds that worked poorly, so I am determined to not buy a new wardrobe again!

schenectady
03-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Today I am doing so well (knock on wood) I have not cheated once and it is 11am.

I will be ok until dinner time hits and then that is the challenge for me. Please dup the :dust: on me- I'll take a few mega dump truck loads if you got it!

She had a break down last night. she (and my dad) have had so much happen in the past 6 months.

SarahBell - lots of positive thoughts for you and your mother. I think it times like this, it is important to look for ways to pamper/treat/look after oneself, even if it is in little ways

Getting out of the physical environment which contains the stress is a good idea, even if it is just a hour or so for a manicure, a drive with nice music, a nice cup of hot coffee or tea at a coffee shop, whatever. This gives the mind a little moment of peace and quiet to recoup and regather.

Try to help yourself and your Mom with little quiet moments - they are important!

murphypuppy
03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Emotions play funny tricks on us! I have always been an emotional eater and today I am trying to win because it's the first anniversary of my dad's death and I am trying to prove that I can stay focused and not eat crap because I'm sad. I'm sorry you had such a trying day, but glad to hear that it resulted in a bigger desire to succeed. Moving is stressful no matter how you look at it even though its for a better future it doesn't make it any less difficult, especially as you pack up your families memories! I plan to move in the next few years and even thinking about leaving the house where my kids came home to as babies is hard.

Stay strong on this hard day! You can do it!
I'm sorry for the loss of your father. :hug:

64peppergirl
03-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Just popping in quick to let you know there's free shipping on orders over $49 today from Nashua Nutrition with the code "TODAY49" :) Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for the tip. I've sent my order in since I have a trip coming up at the end of the month and plan to be well prepared.

danilynn
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM

Yep just ordered stuff today! i love free shipping and those discounts.

Question for any of the ladies out there -- Pasta. Have any of you had pasta since being in Phase 1. Im terrified to eat it ... lol. there is one on the Nashua website Proti-Thin Protein Pasta. I couldnt find the equivilant version or nutritional back ground for the IP kind. Can any tell me if this one is good to get? if so, is this restricted or unrestricted.

130 Calories 15 calories from fat
2 g fat
7 g Carbs
2 g Fiber
(5g Net Carb)
20 G Protein

tbc85
03-12-2014, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Johnsdeere;4961782]I don't feel bloated as I might normally (pre-IP) however; was wondering if you ladies have a small decline on your personal scale during that time of the month.

I have definitely noticed that the week after my monthly gift (LOL) I see smaller losses both at home and on my coaches scale. I have come to just accept it and not get discouraged, stay OP and the weight will come off

AmberLS
03-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks ladies... so since I didn't get to my breakfast shake this morning cause I feel like dog doo I thought I'd share my lunch. I mixed a chicken noodle soup packet with a potato packet added some water and veggies and it's so great!!! Almost can't even tell it's not real chicken noodle soup. LOL

ems70508
03-12-2014, 03:53 PM
schenectady, my prayers are headed your way.You did it right, got right back on track! I will be sending will power dust your way for the days to come!

ssubert, I agree. Glorified pedometer. But I love the tech side of it and the challenge of it!

Amber, you got your head in the game and are getting it done! What great NSV's...keep it up!!

Had WI at lunch. I maintained. I'm OK with it. I know I didn't do anything wrong. TOM just wrapped up as well. I explained that I had a rough weekend (just constant hunger) and she said instead of eating extra protein (like chicken or egg), have an extra packet. It's more controlled that way. Thought that was good advice. <Old coach wouldn't have said anything> I just want to power walk (literally) through this next week and see a nice drop next Wednesday!

Peppertree
03-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Warning TMI: Can I ask a question for the ladies on here? Today is week 6 of doing IP and last month when I had my period I was in Hawaii where we had no scales so I was unable to take my weight for two weeks but, was 100% on IP as I am today. I jumped on the scale today and I'm down -.2 lbs. I don't feel bloated as I might normally (pre-IP) however; was wondering if you ladies have a small decline on your personal scale during that time of the month. I'm not really discouraged since I'm doing IP 100% and invested as I ever have, I just didn't know if this will be a continual thing every month and to expect it. I'd love to hear your experience if you would please.

I am a daily weigher (just so fascinated by the process!). I'm only 6 weeks into the program but I've been through 2 cycles - each time I gained a small amount of weight the first 1-3 days, but by the end of my period I was down from the beginning. After seeing it happen the first time, I wasn't upset by it the second time, and I feel better knowing what to expect. What also helps is knowing that your body can burn fat even when retaining water (read that on this board and confirmed it with my coach!).

ems70508
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Forgot to mention...I have a friend passing through town and wanted to go to an easy restaruant close to I-10. I thought to go to a place called Prejeans. Yall...Their menu. I laughed out loud! Their 'lighter side' option was chicken with rice dressing and corn macque choux. HOW IS THAT LIGHTER? LOL!

trinny
03-12-2014, 04:21 PM
I am a daily weigher (just so fascinated by the process!). I'm only 6 weeks into the program but I've been through 2 cycles - each time I gained a small amount of weight the first 1-3 days, but by the end of my period I was down from the beginning. After seeing it happen the first time, I wasn't upset by it the second time, and I feel better knowing what to expect. What also helps is knowing that your body can burn fat even when retaining water (read that on this board and confirmed it with my coach!).

I'm generally a daily weigher, too, though I have periods of trying not to be. I'm also a serial dieter. On all programs I've tried (and there have been many), a couple of days before TOM I get a big drop on the scale. First day of TOM, scale shoots back up 1-2 pounds (so predictable, I know when to be prepared). After three days, big drop again, lower than the initial whoosh.

mckaren4
03-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Just saw this quote and thought I would share:

You are not fat.
You have fat.
You also have fingernails but you are not fingernails.

ssubert
03-12-2014, 04:50 PM

You are not fat.
You have fat.

LOVE it!!
Just emailed to a couple girl friends. Thanks for sharing.

catlady1981
03-12-2014, 05:50 PM

You are not fat.
You have fat.

Love this. Have already sent it to two friends who thought it was a hoot!

MsGracie
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM

:hug: to you and I hope you feel better soon. Take good care.

MsGracie
03-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Losing their home to a tornado in Oct
Dealing with the insurance adjuster whom is dictating what they can and cannot put in their house that is being rebuilt.
Someone stole their dogs (they had 2 then one had puppies) and they found them but cant go and get them until they get their house finished :(

Then my grandpa died last month, then the straw that broke the camels back: her real dad (my grandma divorced him when my mom and uncle were young) died back in Dec. and she just found out from her uncle (her bio dads brother) who just happen to be looking at the area where he lived and found out via the news paper on line there. This blind sided my mom big time.

:hug: to your Mom, your family and you too.

Bellamack
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Schenectedy,

Sometimes we are so very strong for such long periods of time, we are bound to have a "breakdown', we are human. I remember leaving our first house that we raised our daughter in, I was so emotional, crying and thinking of all the memories. I later realized that the memories went with us to our "dream home" that we built.

Sorry about other IPeeps having rough times, keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Remember to "control" what you can and let go of what you can't. I know that is wayyyyyyyy easier said than done.

I wasn't perfect on plan today, have had a very crampy, upset stomach for a few days and the thought of eating vegetables is making me nausious. We are having a "Vulcan" snow storm too, which is depressing. I am watching Lifetime with a heated throw over me. lol

AmberLS
03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Making it through the day and decided to try on some different jeans that have been sitting that were just too tight to button... not anymnore I've gotta say I'm really loving this diet!

kontesanera
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I usually do my weigh ins on Friday, but I am thinking of going a day early this week. I am taking two days off and have stuff planned for Friday with the kids so it will be difficult to make, but I also need some WF dressing. Even though I am not a fan, lettuce tastes so much better with WF balsamic then just salt, pepper and apple cider! I usually put EVOO on my steamed veggies that I tend to have for dinner.

Hawaii69
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Making it through the day and decided to try on some different jeans that have been sitting that were just too tight to button... not anymnore I've gotta say I'm really loving this diet!

Trying on clothes that were previously too small but now fit, is one of the big rewards of losing weight. It shows the progress we make! I'm four sizes smaller in skirts and jeans. I am pear shaped so I gain most of my weight on my hips,thighs and bum, how wonderful to try on things I never thought I'd fit into again. And the more you lose, the more exciting! Keep up the good work! Its so worth it!!:D

Jenny38
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM

AmberLS- thinking of you during this difficult time. It sounds like you are doing really week on the program.

Schenectady - thank you for sharing your experience today and being so transparent with your own process. Good for you or getting back on track so quickly. I can only imagine how stressed you must be during this time between homes.

Sarahbell - thinking of you and your mom, it has been a hard year for your family.

All I have to say is I'm so done with Winter, another huge dumping of snow and temp tonight with wind chill is supposed to be -31. I'm having a sleepover tonight in my daught's room so that should be fun. Managing to structure my meals with a week off from work and resisting snacking.

HulaChic
03-12-2014, 08:44 PM

That is so awesome! I have a couple of items in my closet that is my "goal clothes." But I do have some things that will be really nice to fit into again. It got pretty bad over the last few months when my "fat" clothes got way too tight.

TurtleMom
03-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Sending happy thoughts to all who are having a hard day :grouphug:

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius

AmberLS
03-12-2014, 10:11 PM
It's definitely a nice feeling. Still a long ways to go. My coach said that usually between week 5-8 the inches start coming off that it takes time for the skin to catch up so I'm hoping to start seeing more inches soon, (not that I'm not loving the weight lol)

ReenHag
03-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Hugs and tranquil thoughts for SarahBell, Amber, and Schnectady, and anyone else going through a rough time.

Loving the losses and NSVs!

Their menu. I laughed out loud! Their 'lighter side' option was chicken with rice dressing and corn macque choux. HOW IS THAT LIGHTER? LOL!

I don't even know what half those words mean! :dizzy::dizzy: LOL

You are not fat.
You have fat.

Just adore this!

Rubygirl
03-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi all......I have just completed my 5th day on IP. I finally feel decent today after 4 days of feeling weak and hungry and just plain crappy. I'm glad I'm over that!! I'm in ketosis and trying very hard to stay 100% OP. I've tried EVERY diet out there........I'm praying with all my heart that this is the last time. I saw an article on the news last night that being obese puts you at risk for 5 different cancers......ovarian being one of those. How did I let myself get here? :?:

Ruth Ann
03-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Schenectady - so sorry you had a bad day. But you have the right attitude - dust yourself off and get right back at it. There is a saying that goes something like "if you fall partway down the stairs you don't pick yourself up and throw yourself the rest of the way down." You stumbled and picked yourself up. You should be very proud of yourself for getting right back on track.

Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud.

Been thinking of you Amber. :hug: I know it hurts. You should be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished and staying OP through this hard time. Hang in there and hope you feel better.

Wow Ruth Ann, Way to go!!!!

Thanks Mars!

Hi all......I have just completed my 5th day on IP. I finally feel decent today after 4 days of feeling weak and hungry and just plain crappy. I'm glad I'm over that!! I'm in ketosis and trying very hard to stay 100% OP. I've tried EVERY diet out there........I'm praying with all my heart that this is the last time. I saw an article on the news last night that being obese puts you at risk for 5 different cancers......ovarian being one of those. How did I let myself get here? :?:

Hang in there Rubygirl - IP works (just ask me!). You've gone through the worst of it, any time you feel like eating off plan just remember how miserable you were for the first few days - do you really want to go through that again?

Rubygirl
03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Ruth Ann
Thanks for the words of wisdom....my name is Ruth as well (Ruby is my dog) lol.. Anyway yes you are right I DO NOT want to feel that way again.....the thought of that will keep me on track!!!
And I see that you have been very successful on the IP congrats to that!

ColoradoCarol
03-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Lost 1 lb at my WI today and 0 inches. Last week i stayed the same on the scale and lost 3". Notice I didn't say I "only" Lost 1 lb., But that is how I feel. I did have more restricteds this week - maybe one each day. I am going to it that down this coming week - maybe every other day or 3rd day. Also going to make sure I get AT LEAST 4 cups of lettuce per day. I did well when I did that before so my coaches want me to try that again. Most of it will be mixed in with drinks as I am not a salad lover.

We'll see. I know it won't ever come off as fast as I want and the last 30 will not come off as fast as the first 30 lbs did.

I remain committed to,stay 100% IP but ready to have it all off.

Also going to start taking a daily walk. Either at my lunch break(hardly ever have one but I may start as it might help stress level) or in the evenings.

Thanks for letting me rant.

MareDog37
03-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Blah! I know I've made good progress in total, but it has slowed significantly these last few weeks. Just feeling the need to spew:
Started the week before Christmas, this is week 13 for me.
Was 90% OP through the holidays, since 1/1, have been 100% OP.
Minimal exercise - I do one to three 30 minute "walking status" meetings during the day at work (depends on schedule & shoes I'm wearing...).
Week 1, 7 lb loss, since then averaging about 1.5/wk, but last two weeks slowed to 1lb each week.
Keep reading about people who lose inches when the pounds are slow...not happening here. 14s are a bit too big but 12s fit like spandex with a nice muffin top to top it off.
TOM is more than a week late and I'm afraid this is the start of my body saying "time out, not liking what you're doing to me".
Holding strong...sigh...

Slipfree
03-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Hi,

I feel the slow down pain that some of you are experiencing. I had 4 weeks of very small losses while staying 100% OP. I really had to work on patience. I came to the realization that the only thing that I can control is what I put in my mouth. The rest of it is not within my control. A body will do, what it is going to do. One change that has helped me is that I no longer weigh myself every day, too much stress. I know that following the protocol will yield results on my body's timeline, not mine.

Ruth Ann
03-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Ruth Ann
Thanks for the words of wisdom....my name is Ruth as well (Ruby is my dog) lol.. Anyway yes you are right I DO NOT want to feel that way again.....the thought of that will keep me on track!!!
And I see that you have been very successful on the IP congrats to that!

Glad to meet another Ruth! And thanks for the congrats!

ColoradoCarol, MareDog & Slipfree - Hang in there! I had two weeks recently of absolutely nothing, no inches and no pounds and then bam! I lost 7 lbs in two weeks. I did nothing different, my body just decided to let it go. So keep doing what you're doing and it will happen - there's no way it can't.

Patience is HARD, wish I had more of it!

shrinkingsusie
03-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Up early this morning to brave these terrible Ontario roads.

Just wanted to report the scale has moved!! Only 0.4, but it has moved!!!

Have a great day!

RosiePosie101
03-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Hope everyone made it through yesterday. I didn't get a chance to log on until this morning and it looked quite a few are going through emotional traumas at the moment. This definitely makes it harder to stay on plan. I wish you all the best and you are definitely doing the right thing by talking through it with us.

It makes my long work hours (7am to midnight) look minor in comparison which is good because I was starting to feel sorry for myself. I'm managing to stay 100% OP but it's hard when you are used to treating yourself when working these kind of hours with food. I'm really having to think of other ways to get through, booking massages on the weekend and taking a quick walk in the sun during the day.

All the best for a good OP day for everyone. Good luck!

lisa32989
03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Up early this morning to brave these terrible Ontario roads.

Just wanted to report the scale has moved!! Only 0.4, but it has moved!!!

There are no onlies in WL. Congrats!

And Carol, despite the "only" you DID say
Congrats! The scale moved!

greenlillybeth
03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Hey all... Congrats to all of you who are sticking to it through slow losses and all!!! All i know is tht the first time i was on ip i thought my weight loss was slow and quit after a month and a half. Skip forward a year and i am back on ip because i absolutely could not get the same results left to my own devices!! I am now just past my second month on ip and i am right around the corner from onederland!!! This time around the diet has been so much more enjoyable because i just relaxed and gave myself a min of four months to let my body do what it is going to do!!!! More than likely i will be sticking with it longer than four months but for some reason having that time frame made it easier. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Oh and I just had the ip pats to purée last night w meat loaf and WF ketchup and was soooo pleased w how similar this dish tasted to a pre ip meal!!

trinny
03-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Good morning! Lots of scale and non-scale victories today, so floating around with a smile on my face.

As of this morning, I've lost exactly 20 pounds. I've been losing and gaining the same 15 pounds for five years now, so this is a huge mental milestone for me to break the cycle.

Put on my jeans for the first time in a couple of weeks and can see a significant difference in how they feel. I don't need a smaller size yet, but I can breathe and actually feel them moving around my thighs while I walk, which is great progress!

ems70508
03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't even know what half those words mean! :dizzy::dizzy: LOL

haha! Didn't even think about that. It's a good thing you don't have to worry about them. They are side dishes. Totally not IP friendly. Or light. That's why i had such a good laugh. Ended up with a delicious grilled shrimp salad, extra cukes and 'maters. My friends enjoyed crawfish enchiladas. I looked at their food and didn't even want a bite. I knew how sick it would make me feel! I've tried this new visualization technique where the foods on IP are like gasoline for your car. Why give it anything else and expect it to function properly and live a long and vibrant life??

sunflwr816
03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Good morning! Lots of scale and non-scale victories today, so floating around with a smile on my face.

As of this morning, I've lost exactly 20 pounds. I've been losing and gaining the same 15 pounds for five years now, so this is a huge mental milestone for me to break the cycle.

Put on my jeans for the first time in a couple of weeks and can see a significant difference in how they feel. I don't need a smaller size yet, but I can breathe and actually feel them moving around my thighs while I walk, which is great progress!

Congrats!!!! Isn't it great to not only see progress on the scale but to FEEL it in your clothes?

I woke up at 4am to pee and could NOT fall back asleep. I read in bed until about 6:30am until I was so hungry I couldn't concentrate anymore. I had breakfast at 8:30am which is earlier than I normally eat it. Hoping I won't be playing catch up with hunger all day!

sarahBell
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Good Morning everyone!

I am going on day two of being 100%. Yesterday was hard and I mean HARD for me. I caught myself 3 times taking small nibbles of a few things but stopped before I could eat more. I feel blah and I get all shakey feeling but I will get through the "with draw" of not having sugar or carbs.

I made sugar cookies yesterday and did not eat a single one for me this is HUGE! I love warm sugar cookies- esp when I add orange extract in replace of the vanilla (HEAVEN!)

This AM I had my IP pancakes and coffee. Now on to water. I am going to busy myself with cleaning to keep my mind off snacking. I am doing some serious spring cleaning SO.....plus I have some cinnamon gum too.

I had 3 cups of Oolong tea with cinnamon in it which helped.

So please pour the :dust: on for me I am determined to kick this in the rear !

ps. I got mom of the year from my 2 year old- I made him play doh and we had a BLAST yesterday :) and I made him a rocket ship our of a big cardboard box complete with rocket boosters and everything- we are still working on it this AM to LOL

Bellamack
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Blah! I know I've made good progress in total, but it has slowed significantly these last few weeks. Just feeling the need to spew:
Started the week before Christmas, this is week 13 for me.
Was 90% OP through the holidays, since 1/1, have been 100% OP.
Minimal exercise - I do one to three 30 minute "walking status" meetings during the day at work (depends on schedule & shoes I'm wearing...).
Week 1, 7 lb loss, since then averaging about 1.5/wk, but last two weeks slowed to 1lb each week.
Keep reading about people who lose inches when the pounds are slow...not happening here. 14s are a bit too big but 12s fit like spandex with a nice muffin top to top it off.
TOM is more than a week late and I'm afraid this is the start of my body saying "time out, not liking what you're doing to me".
Holding strong...sigh...

Hang in there. My first round of IP in 2011, 5 months, not one single cheat and I averaged 1.7 lbs/wk. this time is even slower, so mentally I just adjust. lol Stay the course. The thing is when I did WW before IP in 2011, I was true to the program and lost only 3 pounds in 3 months, that's why I did IP. We are less than the average Weight Loss, but way better than other programs. I am post meno and hypothyroid, so to lose anything seems miraculous. :)

sapphire83
03-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Plugging along here on day 3. I feel so much better today than day 1! Never wanting to feel like that again is motivation to stay on track. Each day I feel a little better. Despite it only being day 3 I got a NSV. A coworker said she could notice my cheekbones more.

jendilly
03-13-2014, 12:51 PM
You can do it , Sarahbell!! I believe in you and I'm so proud of you being 100%! Keep going!! :carrot: :hug: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :cheer2:

Butterfli3
03-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I have been on IP for a week now. I go for WI tomorrow. I am nervous because I just realized I am measuring my veggies wrong. I have been weighing them! So for the first 6 days I was eating too much. I am hoping that it does not affect my WI too bad. Does eating too much veggies have affect on ketosis? Except for the first day (migraine) I have felt fine!
Have a great day!

sarahBell
03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
You can do it , Sarahbell!! I believe in you and I'm so proud of you being 100%! Keep going!! :carrot: :hug: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :cheer2:

I am fighting the want to munch like crazy. I remember this feeling from my first week and man it sucks

Rubygirl
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Plugging along here on day 3. I feel so much better today than day 1! Never wanting to feel like that again is motivation to stay on track. Each day I feel a little better. Despite it only being day 3 I got a NSV. A coworker said she could notice my cheekbones more.

I know what you are feeling.......it was day 5 before I felt normal again. Hang in there it does get better and you will feel wonderful :)

JLUS
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I have been on IP for a week now. I go for WI tomorrow. I am nervous because I just realized I am measuring my veggies wrong. I have been weighing them! So for the first 6 days I was eating too much. I am hoping that it does not affect my WI too bad. Does eating too much veggies have affect on ketosis? Except for the first day (migraine) I have felt fine!
Have a great day!

It is a but hard to say for sure... Veggies have carbs and some have more than others, even of our allowed veggies. However, in the first week you also lose a lot of water weight, so that could easily off-set anything the extra veggies might have affected. You are probably fine, so don't worry. Worry causes stress which can affect losses.

You have learned new information to help your next week be even better!!

HulaChic
03-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Have a great day!

I weight all my veggies (grams). I just look it up online...how many grams of spinach (or whatever) is equal to 1 cup. I lost 7 lbs on my first weigh in. We'll see how the second weigh in goes. I am sure you're going to be just fine!

Chicnana
03-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Have a great day!

Hi Butterfli3, there are many post regarding this subject. I never weighed/measured my veggies and was surprised at how many people here did so! So I talked it to my coach yesterday at my WI--as I didn't remember her mentioning anything about measuring... her view was that you don't need to. The vegetables to pay attention to are the ones on the semi-restricted list, you might want to measure your unrestricted to insure you're eating enough, it's probably unlikely that you're eating too much (lettuce is unlimited).

In any case, do what works best for you. Don't stress too much about it... :)

catlady1981
03-13-2014, 02:06 PM
That is so awesome! I have a couple of items in my closet that is my "goal clothes." But I do have some things that will be really nice to fit into again. It got pretty bad over the last few months when my "fat" clothes got way too tight.

So true! It got to the point where I only had 3 pair of pants I could wear to work because everything had gotten so tight. That was the point that I started with IP. Things are a little looser now, I can breathe. I have some goal clothes hanging there as well. Hoping I can get into them by summer.

lisa32989
03-13-2014, 02:59 PM
That.is.awesome! Congrats!
I did Atkins in 2002-03 and got to 175. It was a HUGE milestone for me when I made it below that so I understand how your 20 is huge for you! :bravo:

This is your coach's fault for not making sure you fully understood the program. Second, if there is a week to get something wrong, it is your first week when you'll see bigger losses anyway.
Veggies CAN be weighed instead of measured in a cup but you have to look up the weight for each one (1 c equivalent). Too much work for me. But my pyrex measuring cups get so much use I rarely put them in the dishwasher!

Hi Butterfli3, there are many post regarding this subject. I never weighed/measured my veggies and was surprised at how many people here did so! So I talked it to my coach yesterday at my WI--as I didn't remember her mentioning anything about measuring... her view was that you don't need to. The vegetables to pay attention to are the ones on the semi-restricted list, you might want to measure your unrestricted to insure you're eating enough, it's probably unlikely that you're eating too much (lettuce is unlimited).

In any case, do what works best for you. Don't stress too much about it... :)
Phase 1 sheet is VERY clear. 2 c. veggies with lunch, 2 c. veggies with dinner. I'm a bit concerned about a coach that is not following those guidelines. We see on this board that there are MANY coaches who make up house rules (or are just poorly trained). Sometimes it is to "help" people lose faster (really, you can't "game" IP. It already works!)

Other coaches seem to be sabatoging their clients. It appears they don't want them to lose as fast, allowing them to add items that aren't on the sheet. I wonder if it is so losses will be slower and they'll make more $$? This coach's attitude regarding measuring veggies is fitting in that category, IMO.

So true! It got to the point where I only had 3 pair of pants I could wear to work because everything had gotten so tight. That was the point that I started with IP. Things are a little looser now, I can breathe. I have some goal clothes hanging there as well. Hoping I can get into them by summer.
In my then/now pic, you see me in a pair of khakis. That was one of 2 pair of size 24 capris that fit me and they were tight in the hips/waist (and they're cotton/spandex so they had a bit of stretch). The dress is a 14.
It took a long time before I could fit 22s. But first I needed to remember that the 24s were TIGHT. First they had to "fit" and then they had to get too big. I've also learned that it takes longer to switch sizes in plus-sized clothes than it does in more normal sizes (from average stores/departments, rather than "women's)

ssubert
03-13-2014, 03:04 PM
My gym is doing hydrostatic weighing this afternoon. I've got my bathing suit in car and ready to go.

I am curious how these numbers will compare with the ones my coach gets on her fancy scales.

According to the online BMI calculators I'm at 28.3 which puts me into Overweight and not the Obese category. Thanks to IP for that.:carrot:

We shall see........

Butterfli3
03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Thank you everyone for the replys. My coach did not give me really any more info to me that was not availble in the packet of general info she gave me. We weighed, measured and before I knew it I was sent to another lady to buy my food. Didn't say anything about supplements or even the food for that matter. I did know a lot because I have been reading here for a week before I began. I still feel like I went in blind thats for sure. Thank Goodness for all of you!!!

drd1961
03-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Thank you everyone for the replys. My coach did not give me really any more info to me that was not availble in the packet of general info she gave me. We weighed, measured and before I knew it I was sent to another lady to buy my food. Didn't say anything about supplements or even the food for that matter. I did know a lot because I have been reading here for a week before I began. I still feel like I went in blind thats for sure. Thank Goodness for all of you!!!

I would not sweat it. I bet your weigh in is fine. The thing is eating too many veggies(unless they were fried) did not make any one of us fat. Going forward, you know how to do it, but I think your WI will be fine.

kontesanera
03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
RosiePosie101 - congrats on your loss during such stressful time at work. Stress at work is a huge trigger for me when it comes to eat everything in sight.

Ruth Ann - wow 7 lbs in two weeks after weeks of no losses! That is why I love these boards, they can keep you going through anything.

Hula Chic - I know what you mean about fat clothes getting too tight. I was there, just before I went on the program. I went for a weigh in today and receptionist was saying how I will have to buy new clothes, and I was telling her how I have never weighed that much before so most of my clothes were bought around 160 lb mark as I was that weight for years.

I went for a weigh in one day early, with it being March break and me being off for two days, and I lost another 2.8 lbs! I am very happy with this program and I am starting to realize that wheat and yeast are the culprits for me gaining this much weight. I think I am very carb sensitive as every time I have cut out carbs, even few years ago when I did low carb, high fat, I lost a lot of weight.

lisa32989
03-13-2014, 03:35 PM
The thing is eating too many veggies(unless they were fried) did not make any one of us fat.
Boy oh boy, isn't that the truth!!!

trinny
03-13-2014, 04:00 PM
WRT the weighing/measuring of veggies, I try to stick to the sheet in general, but I'm not exact about it. I think that the 2 cup rule was probably established to make it easy to remember/follow. But IMO there's no "magic" to the 2 cups. After all, we've discussed several times that volume can be so different based on how we chop the veggies, whether we compress them into the cup, or whatever. Plus, we know all veggies aren't created equal in terms of carbs, calories, or any other nutrients.

While I'm a believer in the overall IP program, I'm pretty cynical about the motives behind some of the requirements - how much is science vs. convenience vs. profit.

Probably not the most popular opinion, but my 2 cents.

Chicnana
03-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Phase 1 sheet is VERY clear. 2 c. veggies with lunch, 2 c. veggies with dinner. I'm a bit concerned about a coach that is not following those guidelines. We see on this board that there are MANY coaches who make up house rules (or are just poorly trained). Sometimes it is to "help" people lose faster (really, you can't "game" IP. It already works!)

Other coaches seem to be sabatoging their clients. It appears they don't want them to lose as fast, allowing them to add items that aren't on the sheet. I wonder if it is so losses will be slower and they'll make more $$? This coach's attitude regarding measuring veggies is fitting in that category, IMO.

I understand what you're saying Lisa, however, I don't think it makes her a bad coach. I actually find her atunned to my needs.

All of these rules and monitoring may be stressful for someone, why not relieve of bit of unecesary burden if they can? For sure, it may slow down the weight loss for one, but it may also prevent another from diving into a loaf of bread... just saying... :)

Chicnana
03-13-2014, 04:25 PM
WRT the weighing/measuring of veggies, I try to stick to the sheet in general, but I'm not exact about it. I think that the 2 cup rule was probably established to make it easy to remember/follow. But IMO there's no "magic" to the 2 cups. After all, we've discussed several times that volume can be so different based on how we chop the veggies, whether we compress them into the cup, or whatever. Plus, we know all veggies aren't created equal in terms of carbs, calories, or any other nutrients.

While I'm a believer in the overall IP program, I'm pretty cynical about the motives behind some of the requirements - how much is science vs. convenience vs. profit.

Totally agree!!

lisa32989
03-13-2014, 04:36 PM

Not sure IP's reasoning behind the cups but Dr. Atkins said many years ago he chose inaccurate cups for measuring veggies b/c it was easy & he wanted something people would do. I'm guessing IPs reasoning is similar.
For myself, when I'm on P1, I've learned to just follow the rules and not let my own cynicism get in the way b/c it can surely derail me. What I decided was that I needed to totally surrender to whatever program I chose. I was doing a REALLY crappy job of taking care of me pre-IP.

ems70508
03-13-2014, 04:40 PM
My gym is doing hydrostatic weighing this afternoon. I've got my bathing suit in car and ready to go.

I am curious how these numbers will compare with the ones my coach gets on her fancy scales.

According to the online BMI calculators I'm at 28.3 which puts me into Overweight and not the Obese category. Thanks to IP for that.:carrot:

We shall see........

I celebrated when I went from obese to overweight. let us know how the hydrostatic WI goes!

Loving my fitbit zip. It's challenging me, which I like. My mom has an art gallery down the road from where I work so I think i'm going to walk there for lunch when the weather is nice. Usually I drive. It's a 1/2 mile. I'm lazy, obviously. Then last night, I discovered that my gym has TV's on their treadmill. I walked for an HOUR while watching Property Brothers :carrot:

Obviously I can do these activities without a fitbit but I like to see my results in numbers, which the fitbit offers!

Hope yall have a great day!!

trinny
03-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Not sure IP's reasoning behind the cups but Dr.
For myself, when I'm on P1, I've learned to just follow the rules and not let my own cynicism get in the way b/c it can surely derail me. What I decided was that I needed to totally surrender to whatever program I chose. I was doing a REALLY crappy job of taking care of me pre-IP.

Yes, I agree that - for me - a plus of the program is to be able to put my eating on autopilot and not have to consider every morsel and gram. If it's on the sheet - yes. Not on the sheet - no. After years of ineffective dieting and stress, it's been nice to sort of surrender myself to the process for a few months.

But I do try to keep things in perspective, too, and not be overly legalistic in terms of following the rules. For instance, no one would suggest whipping out a measuring cup in a restaurant to make sure we get the full 2 cups of veggies.

ssubert
03-13-2014, 05:04 PM
I celebrated when I went from obese to overweight. let us know how the hydrostatic WI goes!

Loving my fitbit zip. It's challenging me, which I like. My mom has an art gallery down the road from where I work so I think i'm going to walk there for lunch when the weather is nice. Usually I drive. It's a 1/2 mile. I'm lazy, obviously. Then last night, I discovered that my gym has TV's on their treadmill. I walked for an HOUR while watching Property Brothers :carrot:

Obviously I can do these activities without a fitbit but I like to see my results in numbers, which the fitbit offers!

Hope yall have a great day!!

OMG, I was also watching that show at my gym last night. We don't have cable at home so I watch my shows on the treadmill or elliptical.

Too funny.

jendilly
03-13-2014, 06:04 PM
I had my weekly WI today and I dropped 2 pounds. This makes me happy, being that I had several cheats this week. I've been good since Monday, but really battled getting back into ketosis. My coach said it appeared I was now, although I have a killer headache. Anyway, with what I ate this past week (nothing major, just lots of little cheats) I'm happy with losing 2 pounds.

I'm looking into getting a fit bit. Just want to decide which kind to get. There are lots of options. Wear it all the time, or clip it on. I'm not sure I want to have it on all the time, but yet I don't want to forget to put it on either. I'm curious about the tracking of the sleep, too. My friend has the wrist one, but she said it has a display. When I looked at the store today, it didn't seem like it had a display. Hmmm...what to do.

qtpiemels
03-13-2014, 06:45 PM
jendilly - there are two that are "watch-like". The Force & the Flex. I have the Force which does have the clock among all the other features. The Flex doesn't have the watch feature.

kontesanera
03-13-2014, 07:08 PM
So I just made cauliflower rice and I have to say WOW! That is soo good, you almost feel like you are cheating! On top of having an IP brownie today for a snack (I have a restricted every day and look forward to it!) I feel like I have been cheating even though I was 100% OP!

jendilly
03-13-2014, 07:17 PM
jendilly - there are two that are "watch-like". The Force & the Flex. I have the Force which does have the clock among all the other features. The Flex doesn't have the watch feature.

My friend has the Force, but they are now not selling it anymore. It's been recalled for causing skin irritation. So the flex doesn't have a display. I've done the comparison between the Flex and the One and trying to decide which to get. Flex has "goal setting" the One has the stairs climbed. The One has a display with time, etc. The Flex doesn't.

AmberLS
03-13-2014, 07:29 PM
I know everyone says don't weigh everyday but I can't help it I'm a serial weigher, and I realize weight fluctuates but it's been nice to say that it either stays the same or goes down, although the week before TOM I had a couple days where it went down then up about .8lbs the next day... well this morning I had a slap in the face, I went up 1.6lbs from the day before, what the heck? I was sick yesterday but I stayed OP I didn't take any medicine or cough drops, the only thing I did different yesterday was add mio to my water which coach said was fine a long time ago. So today I'm thinking all that mio I bough is gonna get chucked. Over a lb and a half in one day seems like a lot... I KNOW I KNOW quit weighing everyday especially if it's going to get me upset, and it's not really that I'm upset I'm just worried I did something wrong.

ssdlturtle
03-13-2014, 07:34 PM
SarahBell, Amber, and Schnectady- sorry you all had a bad day, prays and thoughts are with you

mckaren4 thanks for the quote, it is so try.

Very tired this week due to time change and has been very hungry as eat when stressed, tired (to stay awake) just to eat. But it is so great to try on clothes that you could not get into last week like AmberLS is doing.

will be glad when they get it so you can change our trackers for weight

Bellamack
03-13-2014, 09:37 PM

We shall see........

it should be far more accurate :)

TurtleMom
03-13-2014, 09:39 PM
2nd WI today: 3 more lbs released back into the wild (along with 1.75") :D

But having my clothes fit differently as my body changes means so much more to me than ANY number on the scale or tape measure!

Speaking of clothes, any tips or strategies for dressing during the weight loss phase? I already know I'll be hitting thrift stores, but any other fashion ideas would be greatly appreciated! I work with young children, but I'm still expected to dress nicely (ie no jeans)

ColoradoCarol
03-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Soooo..... It was another very long day. Started work at 6 (I have a45 minute commute so I leave home at 515). Worked until 445. Didn't really get a lunch break (I usually eat lunch at my desk but I was going to try to sneak in a short walk - no such luck). Trying to get more lettuce in every day. So maybe my diligence will bring the whoosh fairy next week. I think she forgot my name. LOL.

One NSV coming up this weekend - I am going to a CAbi (Carol Anderson by invitation) party. It is a home party of nice clothing. Carol Anderson used to design for Neiman Marcus, Saks. I have gone to these parties a lot before but couldn't buy anything because the only go to size 16. Now I can go and try on and buy. The buying may not be a good thing - kind of expensive.

Happy Friday tomorrow

ColoradoCarol
03-13-2014, 10:00 PM

But having my clothes fit differently as my body changes means so much more to me than ANY number on the scale or tape measure!

Speaking of clothes, any tips or strategies for dressing during the weight loss phase? I already know I'll be hitting thrift stores, but any other fashion ideas would be greatly appreciated! I work with young children, but I'm still expected to dress nicely (ie no jeans)

I understand your dilemma, I can only wear jeans on Friday. My suggestion, other than thrift stores, would be consignment stores. That saved me, there is no way I could have afforded new clothes all the time.

I found that I could wear slacks for two sizes. I might have had a 16 and wore it til I got close to a 12. Buy clothes a bit tight (you night lose enough in a week to we here they are no longer tight. Do the same with blouses and wear a cami under and the shirt as a "jacket"

Just some thoughts. It is hard. I pushed wearing clothes too long -the were really baggy. Tops are, in my opinion, easier to wear when they get too big.

Ruth Ann
03-13-2014, 10:10 PM

I understand your dilemma, I can only wear jeans on Friday. My suggestion, other than thrift stores, would be consignment stores. That saved me, there is no way I could have afforded new clothes all the time.

I found that I could wear slacks for two sizes. I might have had a 16 and wore it til I got close to a 12. Buy clothes a bit tight (you night lose enough in a week to we here they are no longer tight. Do the same with blouses and wear a cami under and the shirt as a "jacket"

Just some thoughts. It is hard. I pushed wearing clothes too long -the were really baggy. Tops are, in my opinion, easier to wear when they get too big.

In addition to Carol's advice, I have found long sweaters and leggings to work really well or skirts or dresses you can add a belt to.

Fearciuil
03-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Today's Day 10 OP, and I had my first WI ... my official number is that I'm down 14.0 lbs. :carrot: (I suspect I might be down a bit more, because TOM started gearing up this afternoon.) My coach was shocked and told me not to expect those kinds of losses every week. I don't, largely because I've been reading here. ;)

I also discovered that the scale at school gives weights ~0.25% higher than my coach's scale.

Anyway. Current mini-goals:
1. Have my concert slacks fit (they were a bit tight yet on Tuesday when the 2nd graders performed, but noticeably better than two weeks ago, when the 1st graders performed and before I started IP. I no longer look like I've been laminated into them.)
2. Weigh less than 250 lbs.

kontesanera
03-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Fearciuil - welcome and congrats! That is an amazing loss for 10 days!

I had a little NSV today. Took the kids swimming at the local public pool. If it were not for IP I would not fit into a bathing suit and we would not have the fun that we had today!

JLUS
03-13-2014, 11:15 PM
I know everyone says don't weigh everyday but I can't help it I'm a serial weigher, and I realize weight fluctuates but it's been nice to say that it either stays the same or goes down, although the week before TOM I had a couple days where it went down then up about .8lbs the next day... well this morning I had a slap in the face, I went up 1.6lbs from the day before, what the heck? I was sick yesterday but I stayed OP I didn't take any medicine or cough drops, the only thing I did different yesterday was add mio to my water which coach said was fine a long time ago. So today I'm thinking all that mio I bough is gonna get chucked. Over a lb and a half in one day seems like a lot... I KNOW I KNOW quit weighing everyday especially if it's going to get me upset, and it's not really that I'm upset I'm just worried I did something wrong.

WHOA - deep breath! It is very normal to go up in weight when you have been sick. Illness causes inflammation and that will cause a temporary increase in weight on top of normal day to day and hour to hour weight fluctuations.

It is highly doubtful Mio would play a role in the increase... Though some report it increases cravings for sweeter things.

Also keep in mind that stress in General can cause an increase... Ie stress from worrying about an increase that is more than likely tied to the body coping with having been sick.

Rest, feel better and RELAX... give yourself several days or more to get back to your true weight!

AmberLS
03-13-2014, 11:47 PM
WHOA - deep breath! It is very normal to go up in weight when you have been sick. Illness causes inflammation and that will cause a temporary increase in weight on top of normal day to day and hour to hour weight fluctuations.

It is highly doubtful Mio would play a role in the increase... Though some report it increases cravings for sweeter things.

Also keep in mind that stress in General can cause an increase... Ie stress from worrying about an increase that is more than likely tied to the body coping with having been sick.

Rest, feel better and RELAX... give yourself several days or more to get back to your true weight!

Thanks, I have been reading some things about how being sick makes your weight go up because of inflammation and water retention. It just seemed like a lot in a day. But I'm not gonna let it get me down, just really hoping to reach my under 200 goal before my trip the second week of June! GOtta keep up the momentum!

lisa32989
03-13-2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks, I have been reading some things about how being sick makes your weight go up because of inflammation and water retention. It just seemed like a lot in a day. But I'm not gonna let it get me down, just really hoping to reach my under 200 goal before my trip the second week of June! GOtta keep up the momentum!
It is pretty common to fluctuate up to 2 lbs throughout a normal day due to many factors. Add in an illness and a temporary increase is expected.

This is why the scale is only ONE measure of our progress and we should only chart our WL once/week (even if we look more often, only one data point per week, to show the true trend).

JLUS is right. The stress we cause ourselves can slow weight loss (cortisol the stress hormone wreaks havoc on diets!)

AmberLS
03-13-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm used to the daily fluctuation, I go up 3-4lbs by the end of a night, just wasn't used to that big of a jump on the morning weigh in. But stressed and sick were this week's MO so hopefully it will be better by Monday's weigh in! :)

Ruth Ann
03-14-2014, 12:09 AM
AmberLS if you want to see a big jump, weigh yourself the day after surgery! It was not a good idea! I think I jumped 6 or 8 lbs overnight but it was gone in a few days..

TwoTots
03-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Happy Friday everyone! My weight in the evening is always about 3 lbs higher than the morning. My 3rd weigh in and I'm down 2 more lbs. Yipee! 10lbs gone. This is my 3rd time trying IP. This time I'm so aware of the pitfalls. Taking it meal by meal. This weekend i'm planning on getting two hanging baskets full of strawberries for my 4yr olds to tend to. I'm not very green fingered myself. What other easy fast growing plants are good for children, maybe tomato plants? Have a good Friday everyone.

TurtleMom
03-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Today's Day 10 OP, and I had my first WI ... my official number is that I'm down 14.0 lbs. :carrot: (I suspect I might be down a bit more, because TOM started gearing up this afternoon.) My coach was shocked and told me not to expect those kinds of losses every week. I don't, largely because I've been reading here. ;)

I also discovered that the scale at school gives weights ~0.25% higher than my coach's scale.

Anyway. Current mini-goals:
1. Have my concert slacks fit (they were a bit tight yet on Tuesday when the 2nd graders performed, but noticeably better than two weeks ago, when the 1st graders performed and before I started IP. I no longer look like I've been laminated into them.)
2. Weigh less than 250 lbs.

FABULOUS! Love the mini goals -going to copycat & make some for myself

Fearciuil - welcome and congrats! That is an amazing loss for 10 days!

I had a little NSV today. Took the kids swimming at the local public pool. If it were not for IP I would not fit into a bathing suit and we would not have the fun that we had today!

You're already living my dream: to fit into a swimsuit to take my kiddo swimming!

Happy Friday everyone! My weight in the evening is always about 3 lbs higher than the morning. My 3rd weigh in and I'm down 2 more lbs. Yipee! 10lbs gone. This is my 3rd time trying IP. This time I'm so aware of the pitfalls. Taking it meal by meal. This weekend i'm planning on getting two hanging baskets full of strawberries for my 4yr olds to tend to. I'm not very green fingered myself. What other easy fast growing plants are good for children, maybe tomato plants? Have a good Friday everyone.

Hooray for week #3! Radish grows quickly -even if they don't care for the taste, they may get a kick out of the fun ways to cut them into shapes. Carrots can be a good choice too.

TurtleMom
03-14-2014, 07:47 AM

In addition to Carol's advice, I have found long sweaters and leggings to work really well or skirts or dresses you can add a belt to.

Thanks for the tips -it will help me focus my searches at the thrift/consignment stores! I had budgeted for the cost of IP, but neglected to budget for the cost of clothing :dizzy:

TurtleMom
03-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Hmmmmm, methinks the energy boost has hit! I feel awfully energetic considering I had a fitful night's sleep. Of course, I got a new fancy scale yesterday so I was excited to try it out -maybe that explains the sleep.

My poor students aren't going to know what hit them -this turtle is powered by PURE CLEAN FUEL today!

AmberLS
03-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Yay it's Friday! I love weekends, except keeping busy from boredom snacking has continued to be a challenge. Not sure what I'll do this weekend, kids go with dad so that's out. I did my spring cleaning last weekend, guess I could go to the dump again there's a few more things that need to go.

drd1961
03-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Friday dance! I go for WI today after first week on P3. I think I will be about the same, which is great considering I feel like I have had a lot more food. Breakfast is quite satisfactory and makes me feel good.

I am off for a week after today. Monday and Tuesday is running around and doing promos for the show I am producing. Also getting blood work done for endo and hopefully a bit of time to throw something in a suitcase. Wednesday we head to Nebraska to see our daughter in a show and we stay until Saturday. Then Sunday starts tech week and will have that craziness and busy time at work the same time, oh boy!

Anyway, except for arthritis flaring a bit, feeling good!

sunflwr816
03-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Happy Friday to all!!!! Weigh in #5 and I'm down another 1.2 pounds this week!! :dancer:

Sunday is 5 months til our wedding (8/16) and I'm feeling good about hitting goal well before then! One week from today, I'll be chasing a puppy around the house. And on 3/31, I start my new job! Lots of good things!! :D

eandc2006
03-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Morning all. Still chugging along in phase 3 and havent't lost or gained which is great. Still have 6 days to go. I am loving the breaky again and looking forward to really diving into maintenance the right way. In the past, I did a phase 3 breaky, whatever I wanted for lunch, although it was not out of control by any means, and a veggie and protein for dinner. That being said, I did find myself picking up a piece of candy from the coworkers jar at work so I know that didn't really help.

Anyways, hope you are all well and enjoying your day.

ReenHag
03-14-2014, 12:11 PM

One thing that worked for me was sharing my journey with some co-workers and asking them if they were getting rid of any clothing. This worked well, and the clothing was right along with our dress code at work. This may help you out a bit, along with the thrift stores.

dak1lls
03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
eandc: it is so nice to have those breakfasts! I have to say, I didn't stick with them in maintenance, I've just never been a breakfast person. I do still have my protein shake in the morning though, and it gives me the energy I need til lunch time. I at least followed P3 for the two full weeks to phase off, but boy was I stuffed in the morning. :dizzy: Congrats on reaching this point. :carrot:

sunflwr: how exciting to know you will reach your goal by your wedding date! That is for sure one of the great things about IP; knowing you can hit your goal! A new puppy sounds fun, and also very challenging. I don't think I have the energy for a puppy. But they are so darn cute!

Well, I finally found a treadmill and after being in maintenance since the end of October I have started to exercise! I will admit I tried some dance exercises after buying a DVD that made it look so fun. Unfortunately, it was more comical than beneficial and I realized very quickly that I just am not cut out for Latin or Hip Hop dancing. lol. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer that anyone 50 or older should not try this at home. :D So, I have walked 2 miles each day for the last few days, and at a pretty good pace, if I do say so myself. I am hoping this helps firm up some of the flabbiness after dropping the weight. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini, but would like to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit this summer.

kontesanera
03-14-2014, 12:31 PM
TurtleMom - for the past 8 years I hovered around 160 lb mark. Therefore, most of my clothes, including my bathing suits, is in that range. In the past 3 years, I have struggled with another 15 lbs, constantly going up and down, to recently go up 27lb from what became my norm of 160lbs. I have a lot of clothes that I am starting to fit in right now.

Sunflwr - congratulations on you weight loss! Wedding planning time, although stressful, was one of the most enjoyable times that I ever had. I enjoyed every moment of it (and then I had my son and staying home with a perfect baby for 1 year became my most enjoyable time of my life to date:).

nacygirl1
03-14-2014, 12:40 PM
One thing that worked for me was sharing my journey with some co-workers and asking them if they were getting rid of any clothing. This worked well, and the clothing was right along with our dress code at work. This may help you out a bit, along with the thrift stores.

I didn't have this problem. I was such a yo yo dieter that I had a range of sizes in my closet :dizzy: I have finally tossed all the larger clothing because I don't plan on wearing larger sizes again!

sapphire83
03-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Happy Friday! My mind feels less cluttered since starting IP. Don't know if that makes sense. I'm feeling good going into my first weekend. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday.

danilynn
03-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I didn't have this problem. I was such a yo yo dieter that I had a range of sizes in my closet :dizzy: I have finally tossed all the larger clothing because I don't plan on wearing larger sizes again!

i did the same thing too! My husband literally was shocked to see how much i was donating to charity. I told him this gives me the excuse to replenish what i cant wear :joker:

who doesn't love that right??

ems70508
03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
just did a major mess up at work. really upset about it. makes me want to go home with a bag of peanut butter m&m's and sit on the couch in the dark. not a great way to go into the weekend....:(

drd1961
03-14-2014, 01:15 PM
i did the same thing too! My husband literally was shocked to see how much i was donating to charity. I told him this gives me the excuse to replenish what i cant wear :joker:

who doesn't love that right??
I gave away 7 bags and 4 sizes of stuff away three weeks ago. 14,12,10 and 8's gone, gone gone

gnalosit
03-14-2014, 01:28 PM
So I just made cauliflower rice and I have to say WOW! That is soo good, you almost feel like you are cheating! On top of having an IP brownie today for a snack (I have a restricted every day and look forward to it!) I feel like I have been cheating even though I was 100% OP!

OMG I just started making cauliflower rice this week as well. Wondering why I waited so long!! It was amazing. My DH asked if could have it every night. LOL

danilynn
03-14-2014, 01:31 PM
just did a major mess up at work. really upset about it. makes me want to go home with a bag of peanut butter m&m's and sit on the couch in the dark. not a great way to go into the weekend....:(

dont let a little bump in the road get you down. It happens and the important thing is to move past this. I know its hard especially when we can be hard on ourselves to do good or eat good. :hug:

murphypuppy
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm used to the daily fluctuation, I go up 3-4lbs by the end of a night, just wasn't used to that big of a jump on the morning weigh in. But stressed and sick were this week's MO so hopefully it will be better by Monday's weigh in! :)
I hate it when that happens!!! It will go back down though!!:)

ems70508
03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
dont let a little bump in the road get you down. It happens and the important thing is to move past this. I know its hard especially when we can be hard on ourselves to do good or eat good. :hug:

Thanks. I know I won't do anything stupid like that, but it's what I used to do. I haven't really felt this way since starting IP so it really startled me to have that thought.

murphypuppy
03-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Happy Friday to all!!!! Weigh in #5 and I'm down another 1.2 pounds this week!! :dancer:

Sunday is 5 months til our wedding (8/16) and I'm feeling good about hitting goal well before then! One week from today, I'll be chasing a puppy around the house. And on 3/31, I start my new job! Lots of good things!! :D

Congratulations on all the wonderful things! Best of luck with your new job!:dizzy:

Rubygirl
03-14-2014, 02:10 PM
dak1lls

Well, I finally found a treadmill and after being in maintenance since the end of October I have started to exercise! I will admit I tried some dance exercises after buying a DVD that made it look so fun. Unfortunately, it was more comical than beneficial and I realized very quickly that I just am not cut out for Latin or Hip Hop dancing. lol. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer that anyone 50 or older should not try this at home. :D So, I have walked 2 miles each day for the last few days, and at a pretty good pace, if I do say so myself. I am hoping this helps firm up some of the flabbiness after dropping the weight. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini, but would like to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit this summer.[/QUOTE]

LOL I hear you about 50"s and the dance dvd's. I bought a Latin dance one a while back and whoa.......it was ridiculous. I walk every day (sometimes twice) cause I have a dog and that keeps me moving. I must say I find your weight loss journey inspirational. Have a great day.

murphypuppy
03-14-2014, 02:11 PM

Congratulations on all the wonderful things! Best of luck with your new job!:dizzy:

Rubygirl
03-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Happy Friday! My mind feels less cluttered since starting IP. Don't know if that makes sense. I'm feeling good going into my first weekend. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday.

Yes I know what you mean....I feel fantastic on day 6 Have a good WI on Monday and have a great weekend

catlady1981
03-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the tips -it will help me focus my searches at the thrift/consignment stores! I had budgeted for the cost of IP, but neglected to budget for the cost of clothing :dizzy:

Another thing you might consider is a clothing swap. Get together with a bunch of friends, no matter what their sizes are, and swap a thing for thing. Of course it helps if you have friends who are similar sizes or a little bit smaller than you. If you have friends that are all smaller than you, you might try scheduling or looking for a Meetup in your area. I did this once before and got some great new outfits and it didn't cost me a thing! And I made some new friends. Maybe you could find people on this board in your area and put something together.

wantanewme
03-14-2014, 02:22 PM

I feel the same way! It's like my brain fog lifts when I cut out carbs.

Jenny38
03-14-2014, 02:26 PM

Twotots, great job on losing the 10. I love that you are getting your kids the hanging strawberry plants, I don't have a green thumb either so I may do the same for my tow 5 yr olds if summer ever gets here.

Friday dance! I go for WI today after first week on P3. I think I will be about the same, which is great considering I feel like I have had a lot more food. Breakfast is quite satisfactory and makes me feel good.
!

Drd- sounds like you are doing a great job with phase 3. Is it hard? Your next week sounds busy and exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing how the show went. Good luck.

Sunflwr- way to go:). What kind of puppy are you getting?

Morning all. Still chugging along in phase 3 and havent't lost or gained which is great. Still have 6 days to go. I am loving the breaky again and looking forward to really diving into maintenance the right way. In the past, I did a phase 3 breaky, whatever I wanted for lunch, although it was not out of control by any means, and a veggie and protein for dinner. That being said, I did find myself picking up a piece of candy from the coworkers jar at work so I know that didn't really help.

Anyways, hope you are all well and enjoying your day.

Eandc- sounds like you are doing well on phase three, I am hoping to be there this Summer.

Well, I finally found a treadmill and after being in maintenance since the end of October I have started to exercise! I will admit I tried some dance exercises after buying a DVD that made it look so fun. Unfortunately, it was more comical than beneficial and I realized very quickly that I just am not cut out for Latin or Hip Hop dancing. lol. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer that anyone 50 or older should not try this at home. :D So, I have walked 2 miles each day for the last few days, and at a pretty good pace, if I do say so myself. I am hoping this helps firm up some of the flabbiness after dropping the weight. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini, but would like to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit this summer.

Drk1lls- I tried one of those dancing classes and they are hard. Good for you for walking 2 miles a day, walking is hard work.

Ems- hope your day gets better and good for you for not acting on your impulse.

It feels like this week off work went bye so fast. I'm not ready to go back on Monday. This week I lost 2.7 lbs and am so close to onderland:)
I bought "Refuse to Regain" have started reading it even though I still have 30 lbs to go. I also will get the Beck Diet Solution soon as it seems like a great resource. I figure it is never too early to mentally prepare for maintenance and the cognitive shifting that will still need to happen.

catlady1981
03-14-2014, 02:28 PM

Congrats! That's all great news! :congrat:

drd1961
03-14-2014, 02:28 PM
WI, big 0, which is good, no gain, no loss.

catlady1981
03-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Happy Friday ya'll!

Congrats to all who have lost and resisted falling back on bad habits. I had to walk past the donuts and breakfast tacos at work several times today and I just told myself "I don't eat that anymore".

I finally have a new coach/clinic. I go for my signup meeting tomorrow and then I will attend a workshop. I am really excited about it. I will be doing something about the "bad" coach as well.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Slipfree
03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Ems, did anyone die because of your mistake? Guessing no, because I know your job. My boss used that line to help put things into perspective. You are embarrassed and chagrined but you will learn from this and move on. Can you do anything to change it or make the situation better? If not, stop the mental punishment. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes and hopefully we learn and do better next time. Remember- eat for joy, not for comfort. You are strong, girlie! :hug:

sunflwr816
03-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Sunflwr- way to go:). What kind of puppy are you getting?

It feels like this week off work went bye so fast. I'm not ready to go back on Monday. This week I lost 2.7 lbs and am so close to onderland:)
I bought "Refuse to Regain" have started reading it even though I still have 30 lbs to go. I also will get the Beck Diet Solution soon as it seems like a great resource. I figure it is never too early to mentally prepare for maintenance and the cognitive shifting that will still need to happen.

Congrats on your loss!!!

He's a golden retriever, this is me and two of the boys the day we visited the litter :D: 45909

sapphire83
03-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Yes I know what you mean....I feel fantastic on day 6 Have a good WI on Monday and have a great weekend

Same to you.

sapphire83
03-14-2014, 02:49 PM
I feel the same way! It's like my brain fog lifts when I cut out carbs.

It is so great to not have that fog! Feeling amazing!

danilynn
03-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Congrats on your loss!!!

He's a golden retriever, this is me and two of the boys the day we visited the litter :D: 45909

PRETTTTTTY DOGS!!! Growing up and raising labs... they are the most loyal dogs ever!!

ems70508
03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Ems, did anyone die because of your mistake? Guessing no, because I know your job. My boss used that line to help put things into perspective. You are embarrassed and chagrined but you will learn from this and move on. Can you do anything to change it or make the situation better? If not, stop the mental punishment. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes and hopefully we learn and do better next time. Remember- eat for joy, not for comfort. You are strong, girlie! :hug:

haha thank you so much for this! Nope, no one died...THANKFUL FOR THAT! lol. Yes, I'm upset with myself that I lost money for my company. I will learn to triple check everything that I do. I went to lunch with a co-worker who helped put it into perspective, just like yall helped me. We walked around downtown, got some coffee from our favorite shop and headed back to work. What's done is done. I know I won't sabotage myself this weekend but the fact that the thought popped into my mind really really freaked me out! Thanks for the support!

Slipfree
03-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Ems, I have been sick for two weeks and believe me, I have thought of eating for comfort. It was our go to crutch for so long that we are definitely going to think it-we just aren't going to do it because:we look so cute in our new clothes:D. Glad your coworker helped you out.

Jenny38
03-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Congrats on your loss!!!

Too cute, enjoy

ems70508
03-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Ems, I have been sick for two weeks and believe me, I have thought of eating for comfort. It was our go to crutch for so long that we are definitely going to think it-we just aren't going to do it because:we look so cute in our new clothes:D. Glad your coworker helped you out.

yep. new clothes and summer approaching are constant reminders. I'm sorry you've been sick! I hope you feel better soon!

craftybookworm
03-14-2014, 04:32 PM
In the first 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs, but I've been stalled for 2 weeks now. I am not giving up, but was feeling a little discouraged. I have a lot of my plate with school and work so the temptation to eat for comfort is always there. Reading this thread has been very encouraging :-)

Yayalaine
03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
I am in my third week of IP and have never been a big vegetable fan. But, I am determined to try all the allowed ones. I have had some in the past and disliked them (like radishes), but determined to give them another chance. I think that will be good for the health benefits of different veggies and also help with monotony.

So... today I tried the baked Kale chips. I wasn't crazy about the taste, but loved the crunchy salty feel... kind of like eating potato chips.

And, I bought a bag of radishes. Sliced some and put it on a salad. Didn't like it too much. Then, I googled for recipes and tried a steamed radish recipe from Allrecipes. (Dummy me never knew that radishes could be cooked until I read a post in the newbies thread.) WOW. I actually liked them! Who woulda thunk it? :carrot::carrot::carrot:

jendilly
03-14-2014, 05:09 PM
I got a Fit Bit One today and just started using it. I know I'm not nearly as active as I should be, but I'm hoping this will help motivate me. Probably won't hit the goal of 10,000 steps a day, but I'll be happy if I can get half way there for now. It'll be fun just to log what I do and aim to do more each day. I know I can't exercise full force on IP, but moving more than I am will hopefully help.

Looking forward to a FULL weekend of sports with my kiddos. Volleyball tournament and a 2 day softball jamboree for my youngest and my son's first high school baseball game tomorrow.

sarahBell
03-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Ok today sucks- it plain out sucks. I am one lab accident away from becoming a super villain (quote Big Bang).

I swear I blew today already...I going to eat a crap load of lettuce because I just want to EAT because I am so irked off.

:(

AmberLS
03-14-2014, 06:00 PM
I really think I'm going to try some of these cauliflower rices, a little chicken and veggie stir fry over some cauliflower rice sounds fantastic right now!

kontesanera
03-14-2014, 07:18 PM
I really think I'm going to try some of these cauliflower rices, a little chicken and veggie stir fry over some cauliflower rice sounds fantastic right now!

I just had that! soo good :)

Bellamack
03-14-2014, 09:20 PM
PMG Sunflower those pups are wayyyyyyyyyy too cute!

WI today down 2.0 lbs which is really BIG for me. I have to be honest though, I haven't been eating much, I seem to have a stomach bug. I have never had one last this long. It is 8 days. Better get over it this weekend, I leave for Florida on tuesday morning.

MareDog37
03-14-2014, 10:23 PM

Ems,
I'm not sure what you do, but I work in an office setting. My team solves a lot of the company's problems. Our motto: if we mess up, at least no small children are dying!
Hope you're able to put this behind you quickly!

JLUS
03-14-2014, 11:33 PM
In the first 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs, but I've been stalled for 2 weeks now. I am not giving up, but was feeling a little discouraged. I have a lot of my plate with school and work so the temptation to eat for comfort is always there. Reading this thread has been very encouraging :-)

It is VERY common for the losses to temporarily slow/stop in weeks 4-5... The body is readjusting and catching up with itself after having some pretty dramatic changes in a short time.

Have you had your measurements done at weigh-ins? Often the inches drop when the pounds don't. Have your clothes fit differently over the last week or so?

If you are 100% OP, then relax and keep it up - the weight WILL come off. If you are not 100%, then NOW is time to adjust your resolve to get back 100%!

Fearciuil
03-15-2014, 01:58 AM
@kontesanera and TurtleMom, thanks! My knees already feel better.

@sunflwr, congrats on the job and the new puppy! And your upcoming wedding, too, of course!

@ems, :hug:

The first grade teachers gave me a major surprise today ... they came in after lunch with a basket full of IP goodies! It's so helpful to work with such supportive people!

craftybookworm
03-15-2014, 02:18 AM
I have continued to lose inches from my waist even though the scale hasn't moved and my BP is still drastically better than when I started so I am choosing to focus on those positives. I have had some trouble getting in the full amount of water in several days in the last week or so and I know that will have contributed to the stall. It's also good to know that stalls are very common after a few weeks of big losses.

JLUS
03-15-2014, 02:29 AM
I have continued to lose inches from my waist even though the scale hasn't moved and my BP is still drastically better than when I started so I am choosing to focus on those positives. I have had some trouble getting in the full amount of water in several days in the last week or so and I know that will have contributed to the stall. It's also good to know that stalls are very common after a few weeks of big losses.

Also many people (myself included) find pushing to get in a bit more water than recommended OFTEN results in a bigger loss... As does adding lots of (free) lettuce in addition yo the veggies.

It will happen soon!