South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whoops! It's Wednesday. Chat for March 12

Good morning. For some reason, I thought today was Thursday but am glad it isn't. I am running in overdrive this week but did get the wine picked up yesterday and a bit of grocery shopping done. t turned out to be a springlike day with the temps in the high 40's - and my lane thawed into clay mud.

We are under dire warnings of a last blast of Winter and snow for the next three days. Seems appropriate when I have a turkey slowly thawing in my fridge! Maybe I'll haul out the Christmas decorations for Friday's dinner. (We are just north of the Seaway and 10" is the prediction with wind. There will probably be more multi-vehicle pile-ups on the 401. This is getting really old!)

Time for another coffee and some menu planning. I also need to make and freeze some single servings of soup for next week when the dental stuff starts. A week from today I'll be driving to Kingston for my 7:45 appointment - I hate driving in the dark so "Hurry up, Spring!".

Have a happy Hump Day, Chickies.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I am so glad that storm is going to miss us! We're only supposed to get rain and wind from it.

I don't have to go in until noon today since I'm going to stay overnight with the girls. Cindy and Richard have a gala in center city and won't be getting home until the wee hours. Tomorrow is Audrey's birthday, so I told her we'd go out to dinner this evening to a place of her choice to celebrate, and I'd let her invite her best friend along. That should make for a fun evening.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Give "Oderia" a birthday hug for me.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth is someone driving you next week? I was sedated (my choice) as I am a big baby with dental stuff. It is good they do the procedure in two stages. Me being so vain convinced my surgeon to do it in one visit (bone graft, healing screw and temporary tooth) Six months later had to have the post removed as my bone graft did not set. Took over a year before I finally had a "real tooth" again. Lesson learned by me Happy you finally have your wine!!!

Natasha congrats and condolences about your car. Glad you are OK!

Been MIA the past few days. Had a lovely trip to PA (not far from Tammy but she is still on vacation). We were permitted to tour the factory while two homes were under construction. It was incredibly cool!!! Joe really let me have a lot of input and I saved him over 2 grand on the kitchen with simply changing the cabinet doors from full over lay to partial. The next step is finalizing the numbers and getting the loan from the bank complete. He hopes to break ground next month and be in by June. We talk a lot about "combining zip codes" We agreed no changes until after DS goes to college. Maybe try it for a year before listing my house. Plus my commute to work would be over 2 hours so I might stay at my own home on my work days. So much to think about lol. Maybe I should have more coffee.

Finally decided to see my gastro dr next week (at Joe's request) Having major issues with (trying to be delicate) irregularity. This has been a regular issue for many years and just accepted it as my norm. However lately it has been really bad. Guess a colonoscopy will be in my near future.

Today is catch up and get ready for work day. It has been so nice actually using my rest days to rest and not work overtime. Monday is an all hands on deck day. May the St Paddy's day roudies be well behaved.....They haven't been yet during my career so why should I expect anything else. It is really bad when they are mixed in with our regular commuters.

OK I have rambled way too long. Have a great day!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Jekel, it will just be freezing - lots and lots, I hope - so I won't need a driver. Thanks for offering though! Would we do the drive with siren and flasher?

They will do the tooth removal - all in one piece, I hope - and then set the post and do any bone grafting needed. I decided not to go for a temp tooth in the space - not enough time to get it made anyhow. Am a little concerned about having to avoid chewing on that side for four to six months. The space won't show unless I open my mouth too much so maybe it'll keep me quiet in some situations where it would be a good idea! It'll be four to six months before this is all done.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ugh, I'd rather give birth than go to the dentist!

Ruth, right, trying to keep you quiet for six months. I will tell Audrey/Oderia that you wish her a Happy Birthday. I can't believe she's turning 13 already. I can still remember her clearly as a newborn babe!

Jennifer, that's great that you were able to save Joe some big bucks on the kitchen cabinets and enjoyed your tour of the factory! I'm glad you are finally going to talk to your gastro doctor about your issues, too. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning (still is here )

Ruth I wish you good luck next week. I don't mind going to the dentist but do hate the big bills lol

Cottage enjoy your evening sounds like it will be fun.

Jekel 2 hour commute is a lot but I am sure you will work something out- great job on saving money.

Not sure where everyone else is lol. I have been crazy busy and it was crazy commute this morning I was on the phone the entire way in (car, bus and train and then bus again). Hopefully issue will be finish in a few hours and we can be done with the calls.

I have everyone's taxes done but DS he is supposed to be getting a K-1 form they said they were mailing on the 1st of March but we still haven't received.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon from the winter wonderland!!
They closed school early and sent up home at 11:30 today. Our storm warning started at 8 am and goes through 8 pm tomorrow night with 6-12" possible. The snow started mid-morning and it's coming down like crazy right now. Sorry if everyone is tired of me whining but I'm tired of this winter!!

Ruth, good luck on the dental work. What a process!
Jennifer, glad you had a nice trip. Is St Paddy's calmer when it falls on a weekday instead of a weekend?
Cottage, have a nice time at dinner.
Pearl, have a good day!

I think I will enjoy my afternoon off and take a nap!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Just back from pet therapy after driving in the very worst blizzard in my 60 years of driving! I have a hair appointment at ten tomorrow morning but ...
Old 03-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #10  

Good afternoon Chicks

Ruth...Glad you made it home safe. Enjoy your planning for your dinner party.

Cottage...Have fun at your dinner outing. Should be interesting to see what teen girls pick

Jekel...Hope your St. Paddy's goes Ok but I am hoping (not knowing) you're ok today too with the news of that explosion & the chaos in NYC.

Beth..Oh my a nap! I can never seem to grab 1 midday no matter how I am lagging...that's when the old teabag comes out

Hope everyone else enjoys their Humpday.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

made it through the long day now for a movie and a glass of wine.
Closed Thread