Ideal Protein Diet - Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Pages : [1] 2

lisa32989
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey all. Our newcomer thread was over 500 posts so I started this new one.

These are all of the newcomer's posts from today:

Welcome all!

Welcome MaggieMaggieMay!! :)
I'm glad we have each other to support along this journey! Also glad to see a fellow Canadian, too! Good to see you're having good results so far with the program. Here's to a new us! ;)

Hello eveyone - I am brand new to this website and the ideal protein diet. This is day 4 for me and I am down almost 7 lbs - so I am highly motivated. Would love to share this journey with others. I am so tired of being overweight!!! :carrot:

Hi All,

I am new to IP although I used a similar program to lose over 100 pounds 8 years ago. I have regained much of that and am committed to finally losing the excess weight and keeping it off. I am on my second day but doing okay. It is extremely helpful that I know what to expect. I am very excited about IP and the differences that I see from my previous plan.
It is wonderful to have access to such supportive and experienced people in this forum!

I love this site and am so thankful that I found it!! I am on day 4 of IP , I am so hoping for a loss when I weigh in.. I have severe food allegergies to nuts, peanuts , and seafood.
so I take take the vegetarian,no seafood omega3,
and I am thinking that I will not be able to eat any of the bars that everybody is raving about. Can anybody with allergies give me some insight

I'm also new to this site - and looking for an on-line group for support. I am following the concepts of IP without the purchase of the food. I have an underactive thyroid so find it extremely difficult to lose weight. I did great my first month on this new plan (Feb, 2014) and lost 8lbs and 7 inches. I'm only 5 feet tall and would like to lose 40-45lbs. I weighed today and was up 2lbs - totally deflated me but I know this plan is the only way I can lose the weight. I have tried many diets with only a small amount of weight lost, and then I lose interest and motivation. I am interested in hearing if anyone else has struggles with the IP protocol and hypothyroidism. Is it more of a slow process if you have thyroid issues? It seems other people I have read about are losing more each week than I am. May be it has to do with the amount I need to lose? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

deelee10
03-08-2014, 12:42 PM
H all and welcome! I am a returnee and "rebooting." that's getting back on the Ideal Protein Plan to lose some weight that you gained.

Runnergirl - I have hypothyroid but am on 2 medications for it (T3 - synthroid and T4, big long name.) It is important to be monitored and get medication if you need it. Same with blood sugar. I fought my doctor about going on Metformin for years. Finally, when I started seeng an endocrinologist, he said to go on the Metformin and put me on the second thyroid med. It has all helped me lose weight. It didn''t make it easy but made it less impossible- I guess lke a normal person. As for the IP diet - very good for both people with low thyroid (though I emphasize - get thee to the doctor) and high blood sugar. I found that the weeks I didn't loss weight, I was over eating. Are you weighing your protein? Measuring your salad dressing? Hang in there. it willl work if you stick with it!

HulaChic
03-08-2014, 02:43 PM
I am on Day 5 and I can't wait til Tuesday for my first weigh in. I am hoping I will lose something. I had my husband hide my scale since Day 1 so that I will be surprised. I've read so many great successes with IP. I'm almost afraid to be hopeful since I've failed so many times over the years to lose weight.

Pauline

Fearciuil
03-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Hi, all! I started IP last Tuesday and my first weigh-in is Thursday. I don't actually own a scale, so I don't know how much I've lost. Pretty sure it's something, because I think my clothes are already starting to fit a little better. I found this forum a few days ago while searching recipes. (I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veg per day.) You guys look like an awesome group!

Laura

lisa32989
03-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Welcome Fearciuil and HulaChic

Jump right in on the Daily (weekend) chat. That is where everyone will get to know you and you'll get tons of support!

sapphire83
03-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi. I am starting IP for the first time tomorrow. I have somewhere between 40-60 lbs. I've been yo yo dieting for the past 11 years. When I was 19 I had a breast reduction with great results and it inspired me to get in shape. Unfortunately I have been up and down since then. I want to get a second br but stumbled across IP. I want to use the program as a lifestyle change. Hopefully when I reach goal I may not need the br, maybe just a lift, or nothing at all. Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals.

vpohani
03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
I started last Tuesday. I've been following to a T as my coach says first few days are hard to figure things out. I was in a rush for our first meeting and didn't get to ask a lot of questions. But I'm now on Day 5 and I'm really hungry today missing food. I'm hoping to see a reduction on Tuesday. I don't feel any weight loss so far at all. I'm 162 and hoping to get down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 in over 2 years and have put on aout 12 pounds since March or April when I gave up WW and just spiralled downwards emotionally. LOts of binge eating and way way too much. It is wierd how I don't crave wine whatsoever. Like its almost bizaare as I thought that would be my hardest part. I hear everyone has such amazing results. I hope I fall into that category too as I'm a really unstable yo yo dieter.

sapphire83
03-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Question about letting others know. How public do you plan to be about your weight loss and do you think it helps to be more public (Facebook, Instagram)? Right now only close friends and family know. I wonder if going more public would make me more accountable and easier to stay on plan.

TurtleMom
03-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Hello all!

I'm on day 10, and knock on wood -so far so good! I haven't felt rotten yet, but neither have I felt a huge energy boost. I certainly feel more alert and less bloated, which is better than I felt before IP so I am pleased. It feels weird being able to stay awake until 9pm without caffeine!

Right now I'm working on keeping enough veggies on hand to eat and prepare in advance without hogging all the refrigerator space.

Lisa -Thank you for starting another newcomers thread!

Ruth Ann
03-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Welcome newcomers! Glad to have you aboard!

vpohani - hopefully the hunger will subside within a few days at least partially, it does for most people. In the meantime, hot tea and lots of lettuce help. If it gets really bad an extra unrestricted packet in the first week or so is allowed to help you out. Hang in there!

sapphire83 - I think it's up to to you how much you want others to know. I didn't tell anyone except close family and friends when I started but, of course, I couldn't keep it a secret. It's kind of noticeable that I've lost weight. :-) You can find great accountability here - post in the 100% thread and What Are you Eating thread. It will help you keep on track.

TurtleMom - Yeah, I never got the really huge energy boost either but I have a lot more energy now that I'm not carrying an extra 100+ lbs around! I hear you on the fridge space, I'm seriously considering a 2nd one!

bluegingham
03-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Question about letting others know. How public do you plan to be about your weight loss and do you think it helps to be more public (Facebook, Instagram)? Right now only close friends and family know. I wonder if going more public would make me more accountable and easier to stay on plan.

I, personally, have been extremely private about my weight loss. When, asked at functions, I usually say, "I choose to eat healthy." In my experience, a lot of people just want to give me their 2 cents, mostly negative, and not really listen to the details or that I am having tremendous success. What is the saying, "Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious."

I also find that I am receiving so much support from my immediate family and the wonderful "peeps" on this forum, that I don't really need to share on social media.

sapphire83
03-10-2014, 11:29 AM
I, personally, have been extremely private about my weight loss. When, asked at functions, I usually say, "I choose to eat healthy." In my experience, a lot of people just want to give me their 2 cents, mostly negative, and not really listen to the details or that I am having tremendous success. What is the saying, "Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious."

I also find that I am receiving so much support from my immediate family and the wonderful "peeps" on this forum, that I don't really need to share on social media.

Thanks. I like that answer. My pitfall in dieting is often "messing up" at social events and then spiraling from there. I think I will keep it off social media with the exception of this site.

qtpiemels
03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
I started IP Feb 1 & I've lost 20 lbs & ~20" overall also. It's not as much as I would've liked so I'm cutting out all unnecessary WF, Mi0, flavourings I possibly can to make this Maximize March!

I fell off the wagon slightly this weekend at a conference that was unavoidable. I'm back 100% OP today so we'll see how things go.

karkrazy13
03-10-2014, 04:27 PM
I started this plan on 3/1/13, and I lost 6.5 lbs my first week! :carrot: I know I won't lose this much per week as time goes on, but it's a great motivator! :D

I haven't had any headaches or nausea, but I have been more tired than usual. I have just started going to bed earlier for now ;)

My cravings are starting to go away, which is awesome! :D

I really want to start walking every day, but according to a lot of peeps on here, it's best to wait a month before introducing exercise. I would love to hear more advice on this, though!

I love this forum and all of the support (and recipes!) it provides. :hug:

AlaskanRN
03-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Well I am a new member-AGAIN. Started yesterday. The awesome clinic I switched to in October lost its coach, she was like the whole reason I liked the new clinic because the first place I went to had a terrible coach. Anyhow, here I am.

My name is Sara. I am restarting here at 150lbs. Im ready to do this. I am a full time registered nurse in Anchorage, AK. I have scheduled my whole summer work schedule around running races so I have got to get my weight down for race season. I realize my training on phase 1 has to be cut wayyyy back. So for now, I am still doing one hard day a week (Im on a running team that meets once a week for track workouts) but its only a hard 90 min a week, I can handle that. Otherwise I am going to stick with workouts like pilates and walking, stuff that will keep me conditioned but not over exerting myself on phase 1.

I was so upset over the holidays because of my weight that my bf dumped me in early Jan. Ive been struggling with binge eating ever since. I want to get healthy for myself but of course I want him back so bad. He isn't speaking to me at all. I guess when Ive lost the weight I may try to contact him again. But for now I have to get healthy and take care of me.

Ok that's my life for now.

canadjineh
03-10-2014, 05:23 PM

I didn't tell anyone that I was doing this because there are so many people out there that don't quite understand that this is not a high protein/high fat diet that is unhealthy for you but actually is good for your pancreas and insulin system. I get tired of defending my actions. The proof is in the (IP) pudding. My friends can ask what I did after they notice my success and how good I feel.

That's just me, I am only accountable to me and don't need others' approval.
Something else may work better for you as long as you don't mind giving the same old explanations over & over, lol.
:cool:
Liana

Runner68girl
03-10-2014, 05:59 PM
H all and welcome! I am a returnee and "rebooting." that's getting back on the Ideal Protein Plan to lose some weight that you gained.

Runnergirl - I have hypothyroid but am on 2 medications for it (T3 - synthroid and T4, big long name.) It is important to be monitored and get medication if you need it. Same with blood sugar. I fought my doctor about going on Metformin for years. Finally, when I started seeng an endocrinologist, he said to go on the Metformin and put me on the second thyroid med. It has all helped me lose weight. It didn''t make it easy but made it less impossible- I guess lke a normal person. As for the IP diet - very good for both people with low thyroid (though I emphasize - get thee to the doctor) and high blood sugar. I found that the weeks I didn't loss weight, I was over eating. Are you weighing your protein? Measuring your salad dressing? Hang in there. it willl work if you stick with it!

Deelee - thank you for your words of wisdom!! unfortunately, I really fell off the wagon over the weekend. We were having company and I woke up Sunday morning with a craving of Rice Krispies of all things! I have felt pretty deprived on IP since Feb 3rd when I first started this lifestyle. Plus, I had a gain so I was feeling very deflated. Today is a new day and here's to a better week.
I love all the feedback and support from this forum - it is very encouraging and uplifting - thank you everyone for spuring us on and making this journey easier. ;)

sabinashen
03-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Hi All!

I lurked on this site last fall as I followed IP and lost 18 lbs in seven weeks. It was awesome! Then we went on a planned all-inclusive vacation around Thanksgiving ... and the holidays. Thru this, I ate consciously, tracked my food most of the time, and played around with other ways to lose weight (did a Standard Process Purification cleanse, followed Jorge Cruise's carb-cycling guidelines). The good news is I feel I've pretty successfully maintained since ending IP in November. The bad news is that the steady easy continued weight loss I'm aiming for hasn't happened. So ... armed with the large box full of packets I have leftover, I'm starting again and am looking forward to losing another 18-30 lbs!

sapphire83
03-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I didn't tell anyone that I was doing this because there are so many people out there that don't quite understand that this is not a high protein/high fat diet that is unhealthy for you but actually is good for your pancreas and insulin system. I get tired of defending my actions. The proof is in the (IP) pudding. My friends can ask what I did after they notice my success and how good I feel.

That's just me, I am only accountable to me and don't need others' approval.
Something else may work better for you as long as you don't mind giving the same old explanations over & over, lol.
:cool:
Liana

I just had my first consult and it is a lot of info to try to explain to people. I'm glad I was able to get so much great info from the forum before I went in.

HulaChic
03-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I started last Tuesday. I've been following to a T as my coach says first few days are hard to figure things out. I was in a rush for our first meeting and didn't get to ask a lot of questions. But I'm now on Day 5 and I'm really hungry today missing food. I'm hoping to see a reduction on Tuesday. I don't feel any weight loss so far at all. I'm 162 and hoping to get down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 in over 2 years and have put on aout 12 pounds since March or April when I gave up WW and just spiralled downwards emotionally. LOts of binge eating and way way too much. It is wierd how I don't crave wine whatsoever. Like its almost bizaare as I thought that would be my hardest part. I hear everyone has such amazing results. I hope I fall into that category too as I'm a really unstable yo yo dieter.

Hi! I started last Tuesday, too. I have my first WI tomorrow. I'm starting at 195 and hope to get down t 129. I've had a rough first week. At the beginning, I was sooooo hungry, achy, muscle cramps, etc! Then that subsided a bit, then I became emotional (like I could just cry for no reason), then achy again like I was getting the flu. It's Day 7 and I feel better today. Every day and each part of the day changes for me. But I try to read as much here as I can for advice and encouragement. It seems like being successful with IP is the norm...which gives me determination to make it through each day successfully sticking to the program 100%!

Good luck!
Pauline

ChipnDip
03-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Another newcomer here. I've been on IP for almost 4 weeks. At 3 weeks I was at 19.5 lbs down. I was doing and feeling amazing. Now I'm bored with my food and hungry and frustrated and feeling alone so thought I would connect here. I don't feel connected to my coach and nobody I know is on a diet. My husband tries to be so supportive as he eats everything I can't and he should be on the diet too!

Sorry, I really shouldn't come on for my first post and whine but I feel like I am about to quit even though I have never lost 20 lbs in less than a month before!

Weigh in 4 is on Thursday. If results are good it will help a lot!

SusanneXo90
03-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone.

I have done IP before and had an unexpected life changing event where a family member, my dad, passed away. It caused all my old habits to come back and here I am having to lose again.

I feel so ashamed of myself :( . I know this site helped me before and the motivation from others contributed to my success the first time.

Any one else out there restarting or rebooting?

Trishlo73
03-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I've be checking out the threads for quite awhile. . .doing research on several options. I kept coming back to Ideal Protein Diet. My husband and I decided to start on March 16th using alternative products and this forum for our support system.We have two teenage boys and therefore a limited budget, we just can't afford the actual IP products.

I'll tell you a little about my weight journey. I'm 5'10 and have been overweight since I hit puberty. My highest weight was in 2007, at 280 pounds. I went through a divorce and decided I didn't want to be fat anymore. I lost 110 pounds in about 18 months, by cutting fat/sugar and making healthier choices. For the most part, I kept it off, 20 pounds give or take until 2011, when my husband and I relocated to NC from FL.

I've steadily gained it all back, just in different areas and am now up to 260 pounds. My husband has also gained weight since the move. He's up to 360.We're tired of being fat and tired. Our house has stairs and we are both out of breath when we climb them. We both have some health issues, he has high blood pressure and insomnia. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. We need to get healthy to live better for ourselves and the boys.

We're excited to start our journey and share it with this great community.

JLUS
03-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi Everyone...

Just an invitation to everyone to also join in the Daily Chat thread. We would LOVE to see you post on there where everyone in the community comes together to learn and support one another. In addition to posting here with lots of Newbies, there is a lot to learn by asking questions, sharing victories and voicing frustrations with the larger community, especially those who have been on IP for awhile with great success.

WELCOME one and all!

Jethrohotfox
03-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Hello fellow hotties! I just started last week. I know I ll be down when I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm wondering? Is anyone else feeling too full!? :(

canadjineh
03-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Another newcomer here. I've been on IP for almost 4 weeks. At 3 weeks I was at 19.5 lbs down. I was doing and feeling amazing. Now I'm bored with my food and hungry and frustrated and feeling alone so thought I would connect here. I don't feel connected to my coach and nobody I know is on a diet. My husband tries to be so supportive as he eats everything I can't and he should be on the diet too!

Sorry, I really shouldn't come on for my first post and whine but I feel like I am about to quit even though I have never lost 20 lbs in less than a month before!

Hang on... Check around on the IP Daily Chat... I know there's a thread with recipes on it, and also look at the thread "What are you eating today, IPeeps?" for a bit of inspiration. Buy some whacko food like fennel that you may never have tried before and check out Allrecipes.com for how to prepare it. Don't just stick with the boring cut up raw veg. Stuff peppers with cauliflower and mushrooms with curry powder (a fave of my husband's) and bake them. Think outside of the box :chef:

Liana

canadjineh
03-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Hello fellow hotties! I just started last week. I know I ll be down when I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm wondering? Is anyone else feeling too full!? :(

You're probably not used to 4 cups of veg plus as much lettuce as you want, lol.
:broc:

Liana

karkrazy13
03-11-2014, 09:19 AM

I am SO full after dinner, it's crazy! :dizzy: I only eat a 6 oz. portion of protein (I eat 2 oz. of my protein at lunch), and I'm still full! I am definitely not used to eating this many veggies... I'm not a veggie person to begin with, but I am learning to like them. :) I actually like the taste of roasted cauliflower, and that's what I typically have for dinner with my protein (chicken, ground turkey, or shrimp).

Good luck to you! :hug:

ssubert
03-11-2014, 10:07 AM

Hey, whine here anytime you need to! Check out the Daily Chat and some threads with recipes.

I didn't know about 3FC when I started IP, was nauseous with head ache. Wish I'd known it was as easy as adding salt to diet to get me on track.
Keep coming back... :smug:

Runner68girl
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM

ChipnDip: I too feel the same as you - I feel bored and in fact this past weekend I fell off the wagon BIG TIME! I just wanted to eat something different and of course, went for cereal, bread and pasta!! (Not at the same time lol) I lost 8lbs in the month of Feb (it's pretty low weight loss but I'm hypothryoid, post menopause and on HRT so weight loss is VERY slow for me) but then I stepped on the scale last week and was up 2lbs. Since then I have put my scale away and I'm just going to follow this plan without the ball and chain! I'm following the principles of IP without buying the products. It is just not in my budget at this stage of my life to pay for the products.
Don't give up - we're here to support you along your journey! Here's to a great week ahead! ;):carrot:

lisa32989
03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Check the What are You Eating Today thread for food ideas. Variety can help relieve boredom. So can cooking veggies rather than eating raw.

apennington
03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello all! My name is Amber and this is my first time trying IP. I am in my 2nd week and I was down 8lbs. at my 1st weigh-in. I have been reading everyone's posts and accomplishments and it's a wonderful thing. It gives me the courage to go on to get where I want to be.

NJ_Desi_Guy
03-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Er.... 3FATChicks... and I am a guy here in this forum.. 1stly, Is this forum only for women? :?:, wasnt sure about it..
But I started Ideal Protein diet on Sunday... and was looking to see how people track progress and face challenges....and overcome them..

ssubert
03-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Er.... 3FATChicks... and I am a guy here in this forum.. 1stly, Is this forum only for women? :?:, wasnt sure about it..
But I started Ideal Protein diet on Sunday... and was looking to see how people track progress and face challenges....and overcome them..
There is a board just for guys but you are always welcome to hang with the gals.

:-)

dak1lls
03-11-2014, 02:33 PM

Welcome NJ! I'm not a newbie, but thought I'd pop in and say hi and welcome to everyone. This is not just for women, but you should check out the Men on IP thread. The Daily Chat is always a good source of information as well. Good luck to you! Make sure to check the links on the first post of the Daily Chat for a lot of information and common questions.

NJ_Desi_Guy
03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
:)...Thanks for directing me to the other group, not that I dont wanna hang with you guys ! ! ! might come back here, if you guys are more motivating ! ! ! lol

kfarnum
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Hello all! I am so excited to have decided to fight this battle once again. And totally nervous for failure! I first started with IP 2 1/2 years ago and lost almost 50lbs. I then sustained a shoulder injury that I battled for 6 months before having surgery, then a month later my dad was diagnosed with leukemia. We lost him in September after he fought a hard, graceful battle. Finally, in January I thought to myself, I am not ok. I am falling apart, and hadn't even cared to notice. My weight had skyrocketed to 300lbs. So I come to you with faith and hope for a better life, and determination to make this a life change for myself first, then my family. I hope to get to know many of you so we can encourage each other along the way, and pick each other up when needed. Last time I was too focused on all the foods I couldn't have on Phase 1, this time I am going to enjoy ALL the foods I can have. Almost done with day 2, and looking forward to the many more to come! Have a blessed evening everyone!

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Hello all! My name is Amber and this is my first time trying IP. I am in my 2nd week and I was down 8lbs. at my 1st weigh-in. I have been reading everyone's posts and accomplishments and it's a wonderful thing. It gives me the courage to go on to get where I want to be.

Congrats on the loss! You can do this - just follow the program and it will work!

Everyone is welcome! You'll find so much great information and support here, you'll love it.

Hello all! I am so excited to have decided to fight this battle once again. And totally nervous for failure! I first started with IP 2 1/2 years ago and lost almost 50lbs. I then sustained a shoulder injury that I battled for 6 months before having surgery, then a month later my dad was diagnosed with leukemia. We lost him in September after he fought a hard, graceful battle. Finally, in January I thought to myself, I am not ok. I am falling apart, and hadn't even cared to notice. My weight had skyrocketed to 300lbs. So I come to you with faith and hope for a better life, and determination to make this a life change for myself first, then my family. I hope to get to know many of you so we can encourage each other along the way, and pick each other up when needed. Last time I was too focused on all the foods I couldn't have on Phase 1, this time I am going to enjoy ALL the foods I can have. Almost done with day 2, and looking forward to the many more to come! Have a blessed evening everyone!

Sorry you lost your dad, that's hard. But good for you for starting up again. Sounds like you have the right attitude this time!

kfarnum
03-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone.

I have done IP before and had an unexpected life changing event where a family member, my dad, passed away. It caused all my old habits to come back and here I am having to lose again.

I feel so ashamed of myself :( . I know this site helped me before and the motivation from others contributed to my success the first time.

Any one else out there restarting or rebooting?

Hello there! I too am a reboot and just lost my dad in September to leukemia. We can teach our old habits new tricks, it just my take us awhile. I look forward to getting to know you and everyone here. Seems like the place to be for love, support, and encouragement!:carrot:

vpohani
03-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Well I weighed in today. Very disappointed with the loss as everyone here seems to lose 7-10 lbs their first week. I lost as much as I have on herbal magic or weight watchers the first week. I lost 5 lbs but i weight more than I did when i started those programs. I'm older and peri menopausal but I was hoping for a 7 lbs weight loss. I am on week two and hoping for at least 2-3 lbs this week. I'm going to start walking on my treadmill if i Can find the time.

I'm amazed how I don't crave wine. On WW all I did was live for a weigh in so I could binge right after the weighin then starve for the rest of the week. it was a viscious cycle. Today I bought soup, wildberry shakes and some soy crips that aren't very good. I'm trying to train my mind to accept that food is temporarily off limits.

My coach is very supportive. Every time I ask her if she thinks I'll lose the weight she always says you will you will....i like that.

Is anyone here around my weight? 157 and needs to get down to 140? Let me know.

calypso58
03-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Well I weighed in today. Very disappointed with the loss as everyone here seems to lose 7-10 lbs their first week. I lost as much as I have on herbal magic or weight watchers the first week. I lost 5 lbs but i weight more than I did when i started those programs. I'm older and peri menopausal but I was hoping for a 7 lbs weight loss. I am on week two and hoping for at least 2-3 lbs this week. I'm going to start walking on my treadmill if i Can find the time.

I'm amazed how I don't crave wine. On WW all I did was live for a weigh in so I could binge right after the weighin then starve for the rest of the week. it was a viscious cycle. Today I bought soup, wildberry shakes and some soy crips that aren't very good. I'm trying to train my mind to accept that food is temporarily off limits.

My coach is very supportive. Every time I ask her if she thinks I'll lose the weight she always says you will you will....i like that.

Is anyone here around my weight? 157 and needs to get down to 140? Let me know.

Welcome Vpohani.... I lost 5 my first week and started at 185 pounds. The less you have to go, the less you will lose. My advice is to not get hung up on the numbers and comparing to others. Just stick to the program and you will see results! Good luck!

Rubygirl
03-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone.....I am new to IP and found this amazing site while looking for recipes. I've done lots of reading on the threads here and it has all ready given me such hope and inspiration. Thanks for letting me join in. :D

Ruth Ann
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone.....I am new to IP and found this amazing site while looking for recipes. I've done lots of reading on the threads here and it has all ready given me such hope and inspiration. Thanks for letting me join in. :D

Welcome rubygirl! You've found a great site for support, recipes and motivation!

I read here for a long time before starting - really gave me hope I could do IP and, as I found out, I could!

Yayalaine
03-13-2014, 08:33 AM
I am on my third week of IP (started Monday, Feb. 24). I started "cutting back" in January and lost 10 pounds, but I knew I needed something more organized and planned. I have had some success with Weight Watchers in the past, but I tended to make a lot of carb choices for my food. I had never really tried low carb before.

So, I'm getting adjusted to IP. On the 4th-7th days, I felt really bad with headaches, some dizziness, and general weakness. I feel much better now, thank goodness.

The most exciting part right now is the difference I feel in my clothes! I ordered some smaller size tops to put in my closet as extra incentive... a few that are one size down and a few that are two sizes down. I was amazed that the one size down already fit, but are snugger than I prefer. (My sister always jokes that I think clothes are too tight if they touch me!! Haha!)

I've been overweight since I was a child (and am now 51), so I don't have any idea of what I should have for a goal weight. I chose 160 for now, but will probably need to adjust that.

I have learned so much from reading through the newbie sticky post and browsing through this site. I am determined to get healthier... my knees and feet had started hurting a lot in the last year and I just refuse to live that way! I can already tell a difference, i.e. less pain when I walk.

Anyway, just saying howdy and glad to be here! :)

NCPackerGirl
03-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Good Morning! I am in my second week of the ideal protein diet! So far it is going great! I lost 8.9 lbs at my first weigh in and was shocked! :carrot: I have tried several diets in the past and couldn't seem to stay motivated! I LOVE to cook and would love any good Phase 1 recipes!

PS: My husband is also doing the diet and he lost 10lbs week one!!! Yay him!!!

DaleGribble
03-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Hello IPers! I'm Dale (a guy) and I have been on IP for 3 1/2 weeks using alternative products. I have been "lurking" since starting on IP and the information on this board has been extremely helpful. I've lost 20 lbs so far and one belt notch. Diet has been very easy to follow. I am very regimented and am not bored at all with the limited variety that I am eating. I did Atkins 10 years ago and this diet is much healthier in comparison.

Funny, but when I first came on the boards, I was wondering why all you ladies had a significant other named "TOM" till I came across the posting abbreviations and realized my error. I thought that was too much of a coincidence.

At any rate, I know about the "Men on IP" thread, or as they say over there "I Pee", but I thought I would introduce myself first. You all are looking wonderful and I am just blown away by your success!! Keep up the good work and I will be stopping by to chat.

Ruth Ann
03-13-2014, 09:24 PM
The most exciting part right now is the difference I feel in my clothes! I ordered some smaller size tops to put in my closet as extra incentive... a few that are one size down and a few that are two sizes down. I was amazed that the one size down already fit, but are snugger than I prefer. (My sister always jokes that I think clothes are too tight if they touch me!! Haha!)

I've been overweight since I was a child (and am now 51), so I don't have any idea of what I should have for a goal weight. I chose 160 for now, but will probably need to adjust that.

Welcome and I hear you on the clothes! I had to take my niece shopping with me because I had no clue what to buy or what would look good - I'd been buying "cover my tummy and butt" camouflage clothes for so long I was clueless. I'm also 51 and kind of picked 150 as a goal because I couldn't imagine weighing less than that - turns out I was pretty close to right! So you could just leave it where it is and then see how you feel when you get there.

Good Morning! I am in my second week of the ideal protein diet! So far it is going great! I lost 8.9 lbs at my first weigh in and was shocked! :carrot: I have tried several diets in the past and couldn't seem to stay motivated! I LOVE to cook and would love any good Phase 1 recipes!

PS: My husband is also doing the diet and he lost 10lbs week one!!! Yay him!!!

Congrats on the great loss! Look in the first post of the daily chat and up on the stickies - tons of really great, easy P1 recipes. So many creative people on here!

Funny, but when I first came on the boards, I was wondering why all you ladies had a significant other named "TOM" till I came across the posting abbreviations and realized my error. I thought that was too much of a coincidence.

LOL Dale! And love your name! It took me awhile to learn all the lingo - the Big C threw me for awhile. Thought maybe I was on the wrong board!

Julmango
03-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone! I joined on Sunday and this week has been a whirlwind. What I discovered about IP food.. I absolutely hate the garlic and herb soy chips. AND.. I am a HUGE potato chip lover. I was hoping they would taste similar.

However the chocolate mint bar is soooooo good! My favorite so far.

It's going to be a long 3 months (time I'm anticipating I'll be on this regimen). We shall see.

Good luck everyone. I'm happy to be on this journey with you.

vpohani
03-14-2014, 07:19 AM
OMG Julmango...I bought the garlic and herb soy chips too. They are absolutely awful. The only good thing is I haven't been eating them bc I can't stand them. The bad thing is i've been replacing them with about 5-6 cashews a day. Cashews are addictive. But I still can't beleive I've gone two weeks without a glass of wine and no cravings for them. Barely any week moments. Went for dinner last night and just had a lettuc salad. I'm hoping to be a lot slimmer by April.

Ruth Ann
03-14-2014, 07:34 AM
Funny how our tastes differ. I love the garlic herb chips and the salt & vinegar ones but am not fond of the bbq ones. Give it a few weeks and try them again - lots of stuff I didn't like to start with I did like later on.

Cashews really aren't a good replacement for a packet. Can you switch out the chips for something you like? Sticking with the allowed foods is really important to success on this diet.

CarbLover443
03-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm on day 5 with IP and I had my first weigh in and I'm down 8.6 lbs. Stunned and really liking the diet! My biggest challenge at the moment is not having ketchup. I hate the WF stuff and my coach said no sugar free ketchup. What do you guys do?

I'm trying to scan the forum but I'm new here so if anyone can help, my taste buds would surely appreciate it! :)

ArtsyP
03-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site and IP (I started IP on 2-24-14). I'm looking forward to being inspired by everyone's successes. It's also nice to be able to ask questions and seek support from others who are in the same program. :)

ArtsyP
03-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Hello CarbLover443,

I would try adding a little splenda to the WF ketchup. Also, The WF BBQ sauce is pretty tasty, in my opinion. Congrats on starting IP.

Ruth Ann
03-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Welcome CarbLover & ArtsyP - congrats on getting started! This is a great site for motivation, support, and ideas - don't think I could have done this without everyone here!

I simply gave up on ketchup (never really liked it anyway) while on IP. Just couldn't find any good substitutes that tasted good. If I want something tomatoie (ok, that's not a word) I use small amounts of salsa or diced canned tomatoes (no sugar added) and count it as part of my veggies for the day.

canadjineh
03-17-2014, 12:42 AM
I found the WF products just AWFUL!! Which means I have a cold-creme textured jar of 'peanut butter' and a jar of chemical tasting 'strawberry jam' still in my fridge. I just couldn't face ruining good food by using some WF on a piece of toast or in plain yogurt or on celery sticks (I did the Alternative Phases - check with your coach...) I tried a couple of times, but EWWWW!

So, here they sit at the back of my fridge, now that I am on maintenance... but then again I guess I won't have to worry that they'll go moldy or rot since they aren't real food anyhow. They'll still be there waiting for me if I gain weight 20 years down the road, BWAHAAHAHA! :barf:

As you can tell, I DON'T recommend wasting your money on that stuff. Just do without your 'drug' of choice until you can add a healthy alternative back in a later phase.

Liana

1102go
03-17-2014, 01:32 AM
This is my 7th consecutive day following the Ideal Protein program. I have to say: these past few days have been BRUTAL. I have suffered through headaches, cold sweats, weakness, dizziness, and just feeling overall terrible. Now, I feel fantastic! I have more energy than I remember having in a very long time. I am actually getting things done around the house. I was measured today and there are 11.5" less of me and about 3lbs down as well. I am enjoying the program and feeling glad that I took the step towards bringing IP into my life. My goal weight loss is 110 lbs. That's a whole person! I am looking forward to ketosis. And I look forward to the support and direction 3FC members provide each other.

tilaf
03-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Hello everyone. I started IP on Mar. 10th. First weigh in is tomorrow. Hope I loose something. Not having to much trouble staying on track YET, lol, but I am not a huge refined sugar eater. Good luck to everyone. This diet seems easier to sick to that others I have been on.

Weigh in update: I lost 6lbs, and a lot of inches this week! Woo hoo

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 06:48 AM
:welcome3:

Be sure to read the first post of the daily chat. There are many informational links there!

Vmoktan
03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi,
Started IP a week ago. Had my first WI on Saturday and I had lost only 4.6 but my clothes are fitting better :)
I have been browsing the threads on this forum and am feeling very positive about being on IP. This is the first time I have been on any kind of diet. I am hoping to shed 35 pounds eventually.

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Hi Vmoktan! 4.6 lbs is a great loss! Congrats to you!

IP is a great way to lose weight and learn about your eating behaviors. Be sure to check out the daily chat - tons of good advice there and the stickies in the first post link to a lot of good information.

Janelstpe
03-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Janel and I just started the IP diet today! I am doing the alternative form and praying for good results! I think in the past few days I have read nearly every post on here about IP! Lol! I'm so excited!:carrot:

dowey16
03-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Jacqueline and I have been on IP now for 3 weeks and as of today on my 3rd weigh in I am down a total of 7.5 lbs :carrot: A girl I work with started talking about IP last Fall when her MIL started the program and as of January her MIL had lost 50 lbs so my friend at work started on program and was at me to join but I was hesitant until I saw what a difference it was making for her. After watching her lose 15lbs in 6 weeks that was it, I had found my direction. I have to say it has only been really difficult the first week and since then after the headaches and gut rot stopped I have had no problems following plan (a few days I was unable to get all my veg in due to being on the road and away from home). I don't even mind the WF products I have used so far:) Looking forward to being on these boards for inspiration and direction .

Maria7
03-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi I started 6 days ago. Can you tell me how much chicken we are supposed to eat and can we have bars in phase 1? I know this life plan works if you stick to it.

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi I started 6 days ago. Can you tell me how much chicken we are supposed to eat and can we have bars in phase 1? I know this life plan works if you stick to it.
Hi Maria
Did your coach give you the Phase 1 sheet?
You can find it here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html
8 oz of meat protein (weighed raw) per day, for dinner

One IP bar per day (or any other restricted item). They are listed on the sheet, as well. It can't be just "any" bar. They need to adhere to IP standards, if they aren't IP brand

sweetharmony
03-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Vicky and just started IP yesterday. A friend of mine told me about it and I thought it could work for me!!
I have been reading some of the posts regarding food and I couldn't find an answer to a question I have. I noticed many people say they've had scrambled eggs. How did you prepare these? My coach gave me the phase 1 sheet and it says no frying. So I was confused if making scrambled eggs or an omelet would be considered frying? Sorry if that sounds dumb!! Lol Thanks!!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Hi Vicky. You can cook eggs in a pan. Eggs, omeletes, etc, isn't really frying.

You could cook a hamburger in a pan, if you want (I prefer my grill or George Foreman).

Frying is adding a bunch of oil or other grease to a pan, getting it really hot and then cooking the food in that, really fast and hot (deep frying is an example). There would be a lot of oil left over when you are done.

Now, if you fried up a bunch of bacon first and then cooked the eggs in the bacon grease...nope! Don't do it!!!

Spraying a skillet with some Pam and cooking meat or eggs isn't really the definition of frying that IP is eliminating. Hope this helps.

sweetharmony
03-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks so much lisa!! Yes that does help a lot!! I was worried that I might do something wrong and thus my body wouldn't start the process of ketosis! Thanks again for the quick response!! Greatly appreciated!!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Vicky
Ketosis is about the carbs, not the fat. The Atkins diet is way higher fat than IP and they go into ketosis, too. There is even a ketogenic diet for seizures that is mostly fat.

Don't be overly afraid of fat. We need SOME. Be sure to put your teaspoons ON your food!

annadub
03-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Hello, all! Just started back up on the alternative IP plan about two weeks ago. So far down over 9 lbs! Hoping to drop another 40 by mid-summer. Vegetables are starting to become a challenge though!

glynnes
03-20-2014, 03:23 PM
I am on day two of my ip diet program. I am feeling some of the side effects I was informed might happen. Glad I was given a heads up and am looking forward to the day when I will suddenly feel better.

How do I make a weight loss graft like some of the other replies have at bottom of message? I am also hoping to find what other brand foods have IDENTICAL ingredients that are in IP foods to save some money.

Good luck to all.

Nas145
03-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi,
Started IP a week ago. Had my first WI on Saturday and I had lost only 4.6 but my clothes are fitting better :)
I have been browsing the threads on this forum and am feeling very positive about being on IP. This is the first time I have been on any kind of diet. I am hoping to shed 35 pounds eventually.

Welcome Vmoktan,

I am also on the IP with alternative products. Started Monday 17th, my WI is on Saturday hoping for good results :D but a pound down is as good as any lost. I really look forward to these threards the support is good for us......good luck on your journey....hope to see you on here again.

Nas:)

Runner68girl
03-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Janel and I just started the IP diet today! I am doing the alternative form and praying for good results! I think in the past few days I have read nearly every post on here about IP! Lol! I'm so excited!:carrot:

Hi Janel!

I'm also following the IP program, without the cost of IP products. I have found I really need to be organized and equiped so that I'm not scrambling when it comes to meal times. With IP products, it is easy to reach for a packet of something so I do find you have to be creative when following the IP protocol.
Here's to success! :)

Runner68girl
03-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Hello, all! Just started back up on the alternative IP plan about two weeks ago. So far down over 9 lbs! Hoping to drop another 40 by mid-summer. Vegetables are starting to become a challenge though!

Awesome loss so far!! Keep on going and you'll reach your goal in time for summer!

Indygal
03-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Hello all

I'm excited to have found this site. I just had my first weigh in tonight. Extremely dissappointed after only losing 1.4 lbs. My coach went over my food journal and thought it was from skipping a few lunches. I'm a nurse and sometimes we don't get lunches. I'll do better next week! She gave me a few tips for meals on the go. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Ruth Ann
03-21-2014, 07:14 AM

Annadub - look in the first post of the daily chat. There's a link to tons of recipes for veggies including mixing them in drink mixes, purees, roasting them, etc. Try some new veggies or some old ones you didn't think you liked prepared different ways - you'll be amazed how your tastes change after awhile!

I am also on the IP with alternative products. Started Monday 17th, my WI is on Saturday hoping for good results :D but a pound down is as good as any lost. I really look forward to these threards the support is good for us......good luck on your journey....hope to see you on here again.

You're avsolutely right NAS145 - any pound lost is reason for celebrating!

I am on day two of my ip diet program. I am feeling some of the side effects I was informed might happen. Glad I was given a heads up and am looking forward to the day when I will suddenly feel better.

How do I make a weight loss graft like some of the other replies have at bottom of message? I am also hoping to find what other brand foods have IDENTICAL ingredients that are in IP foods to save some money.

Good luck to all.

Hope you're feeling better - it is hard the first few days but it gets easier.

You can't get a weight loss ticker until you've been a member 20 days and made 20 posts.

Look at the Alternative Products that will work in phase 1 thread - lots of great ideas for alternative brands.

Hi Janel!

I'm also following the IP program, without the cost of IP products. I have found I really need to be organized and equiped so that I'm not scrambling when it comes to meal times. With IP products, it is easy to reach for a packet of something so I do find you have to be creative when following the IP protocol.
Here's to success! :)

Organization and planning are key to following this protocol. I do my prep (or have dh do it) for a week in advance so that everything is just grab and go. I'd never be able to get it all done before heading out to work otherwise!

Hello all

I'm excited to have found this site. I just had my first weigh in tonight. Extremely dissappointed after only losing 1.4 lbs. My coach went over my food journal and thought it was from skipping a few lunches. I'm a nurse and sometimes we don't get lunches. I'll do better next week! She gave me a few tips for meals on the go. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Indygal - 1.4 lbs is great! Any loss is super, that's just that much less you have to lose!

Skipping meals is not good - this diet is low calorie enough without missing some. Post in the daily chat for some tips on how to get everything in when you have such an unpredictable schedule - you'll get lots of ideas since we have a lot of really creative people here!

Make sure you're getting in all your water too. I find I lose much better getting in a lot of water.

annadub
03-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Awesome loss so far!! Keep on going and you'll reach your goal in time for summer!

Thank you! Good luck with your journey.

annadub
03-21-2014, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4967671]Annadub - look in the first post of the daily chat. There's a link to tons of recipes for veggies including mixing them in drink mixes, purees, roasting them, etc. Try some new veggies or some old ones you didn't think you liked prepared different ways - you'll be amazed how your tastes change after awhile!

Thanks for the tip Ruth Ann!

Runner68girl
03-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Do you automatically get a weight loss ticker or do you have to sign up for it after 20 days and 20 posts?

Runner68girl
03-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Thank you! Good luck with your journey.

Thanks! ;)

mom2boys93012
03-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi there,
I am new to this site, been doing IP since Jan/13, kind lost momentum and gained weight back, looking to restart but am having trouble getting going, seems meal preparation is foreign to me. Not sure what gives but was hoping to find support from others, and maybe advice from others who have struggled:o

lisa32989
03-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Do you automatically get a weight loss ticker or do you have to sign up for it after 20 days and 20 posts?
It should be available in your User CP if you have 20/20

MarylandMom
03-21-2014, 04:30 PM
I hope there are some people out there who can answer some of my questions for me. I have been researching IP using alternatives because I just can't afford the plan otherwise. I've read all the sticky threads but I am still a bit confused about a few things.

1. Wherever it says "Protein Packet" on the Phase 1 guidelines, that is where you have an alternative protein shake or bar, is that correct? I read somewhere that you can also mix 1 egg with 2 egg whites for one of the protein packets?

2. How easy/difficult is it to do this diet as a full-time working Mom of 2 boys with a husband who doesn't need to lose weight?

3. Have you found that you are able to go out to eat at all during Phase 1 or are you pretty much restricted to eating all meals at home? I am so short on time with work and soccer starting that I'm concerned that I won't be able to cook what I need each night.

4. Besides having a bar or shake for as an alternative to an authentic protein packet, what else can you eat? Do you get easily bored with drinking shakes and eating bars day after day?

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer or provide honest feedback. I have gained an extreme amount of weight since the birth of my second child, and it has affected every aspect of my life, especially my own happiness and self-esteem. I want to have as much information as possible before committing to this diet because I have tried and failed at so many others time and and time again.

Nas145
03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys thanks for the support and numerous information about this diet plan.

Got more of ProtiDiet meals today and some great recipes from "lisa32989" links. Didn't know the meals can be creative and fun and yummy too.

Start IP: March 17th @173.8
WI #1 - 3.6 :broc:....Yeah!!!

lisa32989
03-21-2014, 10:18 PM
I hope there are some people out there who can answer some of my questions for me. I have been researching IP using alternatives because I just can't afford the plan otherwise. I've read all the sticky threads but I am still a bit confused about a few things.

1. Wherever it says "Protein Packet" on the Phase 1 guidelines, that is where you have an alternative protein shake or bar, is that correct? I read somewhere that you can also mix 1 egg with 2 egg whites for one of the protein packets?
Yes. Alternative product protein serving, equivalent to IP amounts.
omelet packet = 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites. I posted a big Math problem about it earlier today

2. How easy/difficult is it to do this diet as a full-time working Mom of 2 boys with a husband who doesn't need to lose weight?
It is as easy or hard as you make up your mind it will be.
Literally almost all weight loss success is a mental challenger

3. Have you found that you are able to go out to eat at all during Phase 1 or are you pretty much restricted to eating all meals at home? I am so short on time with work and soccer starting that I'm concerned that I won't be able to cook what I need each night.
DH and I eat out all the time. What is important is careful planning and knowing menus ahead-of time so you know what to order & have a plan when you get there. Twice this week I've learned I should have asked more questions about the salad I ordered. Both times they came lacking adequate amount of meat. Third time will be the charm on that.

4. Besides having a bar or shake for as an alternative to an authentic protein packet, what else can you eat? Do you get easily bored with drinking shakes and eating bars day after day?
There is a great alternative thread, (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291417-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-part-3-a.html) I think I linked to it a few posts back. Lots of us order from Nashua Nutrition.

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer or provide honest feedback. I have gained an extreme amount of weight since the birth of my second child, and it has affected every aspect of my life, especially my own happiness and self-esteem. I want to have as much information as possible before committing to this diet because I have tried and failed at so many others time and and time again.
I'm working hard right now on disconnecting my self esteem from what the scale says. My weight is about my health. It is a health condition controllable by me as I recover my body, mind, spirit. If I had another health condition, I wouldn't beat myself up over it but I sure have about weight!

Proudmama2maet
03-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Hello everyone! I am on Day 17 of the IP Diet... so far it's going okay. I would love to hear about others experiences who have around 20 or 30 pounds to lose as I was hoping to lose more than I have to date but perhaps my expectations are out of whack. The clinic said that I would lose between 3 to 5 pounds per week but so far it's only been 2.8 and 1.2 pounds...which is still okay but I am wondering if I should just be anticipating smaller losses.

Also, I read that we can have sugar free gum but I'm wondering if that includes gum that has aspartame or do I have to look for a sucralose gum somewhere. I would love to use gum to help me through some of my cravings.

Thanks everyone. :)

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Hello everyone! I am on Day 17 of the IP Diet... so far it's going okay. I would love to hear about others experiences who have around 20 or 30 pounds to lose as I was hoping to lose more than I have to date but perhaps my expectations are out of whack. The clinic said that I would lose between 3 to 5 pounds per week but so far it's only been 2.8 and 1.2 pounds...which is still okay but I am wondering if I should just be anticipating smaller losses.

Also, I read that we can have sugar free gum but I'm wondering if that includes gum that has aspartame or do I have to look for a sucralose gum somewhere. I would love to use gum to help me through some of my cravings.

Your clinic is lying.
IP adjusted the number a couple years ago to more accurately reflect WL. I believe it is currently 2-4 AVERAGE. And your average is right at 2 so far. Higher numbers are typically for men or those with more to lose.

But since you are starting at a smaller number, yes, I'd expect smaller losses. And stay away from aspartame! All the time. Not just OP. It isn't good for us. I think a lot of folks find xylitol sweetened gum at whole food or health food stores

Congrats on your progress!

JLUS
03-22-2014, 07:21 AM

Welcome!

It is important to know a couple things that apply to you...

- the 3-5 is a pretty high "average" and if you read here long enough you will see it is more realistically in the 2-3 range. The first week is often a bigger loss because you lose a lot of water weight... After that your body will settle into it's more regular losses. Yours are around 2 so that's great!

- those with less to lose will almost always lose more slowly. Most of us found that as we got 10-15 pounds from goal, losses slow down quite a bit. Patience is very important!

- it is important to consider everything about weight/fat loss, not just the number on the scale. Are you measuring and losing inches? How do your clothes fit? Do you have more energy? Do you feel better in general. Do you see changes in your face, arms, legs etc.

If you are 100% OP and following the sheet exactly, the weight will come off, but it will come off on it's own schedule, not yours.

Keep on keeping on!!

Proudmama2maet
03-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Thank you Lisa and Jlus for your input. I appreciate it. :) I think that I'm going to have to readjust my thoughts on how long I'm going to have to be on this diet. Having entered the 3rd week, I am feeling more energetic and not as hungry as before. Thanks for the tip on the gum, Lisa, I will go and hunt some down today. :)

MarylandMom
03-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Thank you Lisa for all your great advice! I have been addicted to reading all the threads on alternative products, trying to get ready to start this new way of eating! Here are a few more questions I have though.

1. I understand that some bars are "restricted" and some are not. In the first 2-3 weeks, is it true that we are not to consume any restricted products? Are there any bars in particular that you guys like that are non-restricted and can be consumed from Day 1 on the plan?

2. Things like the Protidiet chicken noodle soup and tomato soups can be eaten at lunch time to replace a protein packet, correct?

3. Do you know if GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe have the high-quality Omega 3's that I have read about?

4. In regards to the supplements, I am going to be using all alternative products. Are the Centrum Multi-Vitamins for women ok to use? I noticed the phase 1 sheet says to take more than 1 a day. Is that just for the IP brand? Do you guys just take the recommended dosage on the alternative supplements that you buy? Do you take them at the same time of day as recommended on the IP Phase 1 sheet?

Thanks again for all your help!!!

lisa32989
03-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Thank you Lisa for all your great advice! I have been addicted to reading all the threads on alternative products, trying to get ready to start this new way of eating! Here are a few more questions I have though.

1. I understand that some bars are "restricted" and some are not. In the first 2-3 weeks, is it true that we are not to consume any restricted products? Are there any bars in particular that you guys like that are non-restricted and can be consumed from Day 1 on the plan?
I've always counted them all as restricted. Some people fudge the numbers a little more than I do.

2. Things like the Protidiet chicken noodle soup and tomato soups can be eaten at lunch time to replace a protein packet, correct?
Yup.. ProtiDiet and other brands ARE protein packets. They just aren't Ideal Protein brand.

3. Do you know if GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe have the high-quality Omega 3's that I have read about?
Unsure. Did you see the link I posted in the supplement thread? The best, highest quality omegas can be found from reading there

4. In regards to the supplements, I am going to be using all alternative products. Are the Centrum Multi-Vitamins for women ok to use? I noticed the phase 1 sheet says to take more than 1 a day. Is that just for the IP brand? Do you guys just take the recommended dosage on the alternative supplements that you buy? Do you take them at the same time of day as recommended on the IP Phase 1 sheet?
I use Centrum. I just use the one/day. I split it in half and take breakfast & lunch.
I get the 99 mg potassium and I buy a mag/cit because the multi has calcium
I take my supps at breakfast, lunch, and bed, depending on which ones they are

Thanks again for all your help!!!
No problem! It makes great sense to figure it all out & ask before you start. I read for 4-6 weeks before I started (with a coach for 10 months)

MarylandMom
03-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you Lisa! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions after I read and research more! I love all the advice and knowledge found here! So appreciated!

MarylandMom
03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
See, I'm back!!

With a few more questions:

1. Is there anything else you are allowed to drink besides water? I assume that diet drinks and Crystal LIght are no-no's because of the aspartame.

2. The IP Phase 1 sheet says you can have green peppers (cooked) as unrestricted veggies. Why not raw? And I'm confused because on the thread about what people are eating, I am seeing salads listed with red and yellow peppers as well as green.

3. On the IP supplement sheet, it doesn't list Omega 3's, but I have read numerous threads that people are taking them. Are they necessary for the sucess of this diet?

4. The IP Phase 1 sheet says 5 oz. of lean meat or 7 oz. of fish; however, in these threads, I see that people are saying you can have 8 oz. of protein, and they even split it up between lunch and dinner (3 oz. at lunch and 5 oz. at dinner). Which is the correct amount we are allowed to have?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU again for all of your advice and patience as I gather all the information needed to start this journey. Seeing everyone's fantastic results is so motivating!

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 11:26 AM
See, I'm back!!

With a few more questions:

1. Is there anything else you are allowed to drink besides water? I assume that diet drinks and Crystal LIght are no-no's because of the aspartame.

2. The IP Phase 1 sheet says you can have green peppers (cooked) as unrestricted veggies. Why not raw? And I'm confused because on the thread about what people are eating, I am seeing salads listed with red and yellow peppers as well as green.

3. On the IP supplement sheet, it doesn't list Omega 3's, but I have read numerous threads that people are taking them. Are they necessary for the sucess of this diet?

4. The IP Phase 1 sheet says 5 oz. of lean meat or 7 oz. of fish; however, in these threads, I see that people are saying you can have 8 oz. of protein, and they even split it up between lunch and dinner (3 oz. at lunch and 5 oz. at dinner). Which is the correct amount we are allowed to have?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU again for all of your advice and patience as I gather all the information needed to start this journey. Seeing everyone's fantastic results is so motivating!

I can answer some of your questions:

1) Decaf herbal teas (hot or cold) are great!

2) i think you may be looking at an old sheet - the current one just lists bell peppers and doesn't specify cooked. Look in the first post of the weekend/daily chat and there is a link to the current sheet.

3) The current sheet lists Omega 3s.

4) The current sheet lists 8 oz of protein and you can break it up if it's too much to get down in one meal.

Hope that helps and welcome and good luck!

MarylandMom
03-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Thank you Ruth Ann! I am so confused about the alternative supplements! If I buy a multivitamin, won't I just take it once a day versus the numerous times the IP sheet says to take it? I'm confused on how to take the alternative supplements!

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Here's a recent thread on alternative supplements http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293958-alternative-vitamins.html (hope my link works, if not just look for the thread "alternative vitamins". that should help you out.

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Thank you Ruth Ann! I am so confused about the alternative supplements! If I buy a multivitamin, won't I just take it once a day versus the numerous times the IP sheet says to take it? I'm confused on how to take the alternative supplements!

I answered that in one of your earlier posts

Have you found the most recent p1 sheet? I posted it in the stickies

pishposhappelsauce
03-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Hello! IP newbie here. I've been quietly perusing these threads and IP groups on SparkPeople and MyFitnessPal for the last week after two people I know separately mentioned they were starting IP with the A Better Weigh clinics in Maryland.

I am pretty sure I am going to start IP next week, I am planning to go to an intro talk on Tuesday. Right now I am deciding whether to go it alone or with a coach (I am pretty sure I can fit the cost of IP food in my regular food budget, I'll have to see what the center's other fees are to see if it's feasible).

I have done variations of keto diets before with mixed success. I find after the first two weeks of being gung-ho about measuring, I get overwhelmed with measuring and counting macros and give up all together. (I also find the paleo/primal community frustrating, but that's another story.) Also, I have a nasty habit of self sabotage--after the first drops in the scale I think I've done great and deserve a small treat. Which turns into a big treat. Which turns into an every day treat. The end.

That said, I really thrive with a structured plan, with regular support and weekly check ins, so I hope I can make the regular IP route work. If anyone has used A Better Weigh in Maryland, please let me know, would love to hear from your experience!

If I go it alone, I do have one question: Do people doing an IP alternative plan check body fat measurements regularly in addition to weight and measurements? I was thinking of ordering a handheld body fat monitor from Amazon, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it. Also, does anyone use Ketostix?

Cheers!

lisa32989
03-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Hello! IP newbie here. I've been quietly perusing these threads and IP groups on SparkPeople and MyFitnessPal for the last week after two people I know separately mentioned they were starting IP with the A Better Weigh clinics in Maryland.

I am pretty sure I am going to start IP next week, I am planning to go to an intro talk on Tuesday. Right now I am deciding whether to go it alone or with a coach (I am pretty sure I can fit the cost of IP food in my regular food budget, I'll have to see what the center's other fees are to see if it's feasible).

I have done variations of keto diets before with mixed success. I find after the first two weeks of being gung-ho about measuring, I get overwhelmed with measuring and counting macros and give up all together. (I also find the paleo/primal community frustrating, but that's another story.) Also, I have a nasty habit of self sabotage--after the first drops in the scale I think I've done great and deserve a small treat. Which turns into a big treat. Which turns into an every day treat. The end.

That said, I really thrive with a structured plan, with regular support and weekly check ins, so I hope I can make the regular IP route work. If anyone has used A Better Weigh in Maryland, please let me know, would love to hear from your experience!

If I go it alone, I do have one question: Do people doing an IP alternative plan check body fat measurements regularly in addition to weight and measurements? I was thinking of ordering a handheld body fat monitor from Amazon, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it. Also, does anyone use Ketostix?
Welcome!
I did Atkins in 02-03 so I was familiar with ketogenic diets, as well. I needed the structure AND the accountability. I went to a clinic from July 2012 - June 2013. After that point, I didn't feel like I was getting support with my plateau. I, too, had a nasty habit of self sabatage and found the accountability of going to a clinic and facing someone else (besides the one in the mirror) immensely helpful for a long time!

There are LOTS of ways to treat ourselves. Food just shouldn't be one of them. Over the time I've been on IP, my relationship with food has changed and my ability to observe how various foods make me feel has really improved!

If you're talking about ordering calipers, know that to get an accurate measurement, it takes good training with how to use them. Really an accurate scale and a measuring tape are pretty good ways to measure.

We really find ketostix useless. For several reasons.
They'll let you know you're initially in ketosis (which symptoms can also tell you, without spending the $$). Secondly, as the body adjusts to ketosis, it gets more efficient at burning the ketones & they no longer end up in the urine. I say don't waste your time/$$$.

From your story, I'd suggest using a clinic. Yup, its more money but you are sooooo worth it!!! I wouldn't change the way I did it. I mean, really, look at my pics! (more if you click my name and go to my profile)

Good luck!

Ruth Ann
03-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Also, I have a nasty habit of self sabotage--after the first drops in the scale I think I've done great and deserve a small treat. Which turns into a big treat. Which turns into an every day treat. The end. Cheers!

Welcome! Not much to add to what Lisa said except I really think the accountability of a coach and support I get from her has been invaluable. It is expensive but I figure I'm heading off a bunch of future medical bills so it's a good trade-off!

islandgirlwannabe
03-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Hi I am very excited to have started the IP Plan I am a middle age woman who is 299lbs and I need to get healthy and lose this weight! Looking forward to reading all your tips and posts to keep me motivated along this journey :)

Maryannk
03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Newcomer to IP. Spent the weekend shopping for all the veggies. Day 1 tomorrow!!

pishposhappelsauce
03-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Welcome!
I did Atkins in 02-03 so I was familiar with ketogenic diets, as well. I needed the structure AND the accountability. I went to a clinic from July 2012 - June 2013. After that point, I didn't feel like I was getting support with my plateau. I, too, had a nasty habit of self sabatage and found the accountability of going to a clinic and facing someone else (besides the one in the mirror) immensely helpful for a long time!

There are LOTS of ways to treat ourselves. Food just shouldn't be one of them. Over the time I've been on IP, my relationship with food has changed and my ability to observe how various foods make me feel has really improved!

If you're talking about ordering calipers, know that to get an accurate measurement, it takes good training with how to use them. Really an accurate scale and a measuring tape are pretty good ways to measure.

We really find ketostix useless. For several reasons.
They'll let you know you're initially in ketosis (which symptoms can also tell you, without spending the $$). Secondly, as the body adjusts to ketosis, it gets more efficient at burning the ketones & they no longer end up in the urine. I say don't waste your time/$$$.

From your story, I'd suggest using a clinic. Yup, its more money but you are sooooo worth it!!! I wouldn't change the way I did it. I mean, really, look at my pics! (more if you click my name and go to my profile)

Good luck!
Thanks so much Lisa and Ruth Ann for your input. Your posts here and around the other threads are very helpful and motivating! Hopefully I'll be hanging around here a lot more soon. :)

duxdoxie
03-23-2014, 08:46 PM
I just made an appointment to learn more about Ideal protein for this coming Tuesday. I am really ready to focus on a program that helps me to get the weight off fast. Part II of my goal is to learn to keep it off. Does this program help you with this?

Ruth Ann
03-24-2014, 06:55 AM
Hi I am very excited to have started the IP Plan I am a middle age woman who is 299lbs and I need to get healthy and lose this weight! Looking forward to reading all your tips and posts to keep me motivated along this journey :)

Welcome! You sound like me! I started IP at 50 and needing to lose 100+ lbs - and I did it! This board is great for motivation, support and ideas. Be sure to read the recipe threads, some very creative people have done wonders with recipes for keeping things interesting.

Newcomer to IP. Spent the weekend shopping for all the veggies. Day 1 tomorrow!!

Yeah for planning ahead!!! Good luck on your first day and be sure to ask questions if anything pops up. There's usually someone around here who has been there or knows where to find the information for you.

I just made an appointment to learn more about Ideal protein for this coming Tuesday. I am really ready to focus on a program that helps me to get the weight off fast. Part II of my goal is to learn to keep it off. Does this program help you with this?

Hi duxdoxie (cute name!) - IP is a 4 phase diet with the 4th phase being maintenance. You might want to read the mainteners threads for some ideas on how it goes.

I have learned so much about my relationship with food, serving sizes, cravings, etc. on P1 that is really going to help me maintain my weight loss. I think your Part II is totally doable - we get the tools while losing weight and then it's up to us to apply them. I know i am going to have to continuously control my weight for the rest of my life, but now I have a plan for doing so.

Jillybee123
03-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Today is day 1! Turned 40 on Sat and am ready to make-over my life. First weigh- in will be 4/2. Love my coach, she actually lost pretty much exactly what I am hoping to lose. Here's to hoping I'm one of the lucky ones that don't get the nausea/headaches! I did get warnings and advice if I do though. One question, I got so much info and have read a ton on here but still not sure about gum. I never chew it normally but am worried about the breath and want to be prepared. My coach said sugar-free gum and then we got distracted, any type in particular? I saw on the boards that a lot use the Listerine strips or banaca as well. Any advice? I def plan to get details from my coach next week, but any advice is welcome!

fabmary
03-26-2014, 10:08 AM
I am new to this site and Ideal Protein. My husband and I started IP on Saturday. He wants to lose 50 pounds, I want to lose 120. Of course, he will lose faster and be done WAY before me but I am so glad to have someone to start with and give/get encouragement. I have loved reading all your comments and achievements!
:carrot:

Onyx Star
03-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone! This is my first time starting IP. In my adult life I have yo-yo'd from about 125 (all time low after weight watchers in my twenties) all the way up to 190 lbs. Over the past year and a half I have gone from 138 to 175 *sigh*. I am also a recovering alcoholic, and obviously no diet would work for the amount of wine I was guzzling almost daily! Now that I've kicked that habit (50 days sober tomorrow), I figure it is time to start healing my body and changing eating habits as well. I'm looking at IP kind of like my sobriety. I have to take it day by day, and it's going to be very uncomfortable some days, but it WILL get easier and the rewards will be SO worth it. I survived Day 1, kept completely on plan and skipped any Restricteds. Wish me luck on Day 2!:carrot:

annadub
03-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Congratulations to all the newcomers and best of luck! :carrot:

I just completed week 3 and am down 11 pounds! Yippee :D

Week 1: -6.6
Week 2: -2.6
Week 3: -1.8

pegeye
03-26-2014, 02:38 PM
New to the thread but not to IP.. did it a couple years ago with success but didnt phase off properly and definitely didnt do maintenance. Back on it again with first weigh in tomorrow hoping for good news.

Good luck to everyone starting.. it does get easier after the first couple weeks definitely.

Also for the question on gum.. i was always told only Dentyne Fire and only 1 piece a day.

NewNanaCyn
03-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone! I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now, and finally decided it was time to join in. I started IP a few weeks ago and the clinic I was going to had their main coach on holidays and the other coach quit with no notice so I was kinda left stranded and didn't get off to a good start so I decided the program wasn't for me. But when the main coach came back and heard what had happened she contacted me and we talked everything through and I decided to give it another go. I'm on day 2 now and have the worst headache ever! I've been on Dr. Bernsteins before which is kinda the same (ketosis based plan), and I remember I had a headache in the first few days then as well, so I know it will ease up, but boy does it hurt now! I'm really excited to start this plan....I've heard good things about it!
I became a Nana last year and my little granddaughter is my inspiration to lose weight. I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with her and just have fun with her. I look forward to chatting with you all through this journey!!

JLUS
03-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone! I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now, and finally decided it was time to join in. I started IP a few weeks ago and the clinic I was going to had their main coach on holidays and the other coach quit with no notice so I was kinda left stranded and didn't get off to a good start so I decided the program wasn't for me. But when the main coach came back and heard what had happened she contacted me and we talked everything through and I decided to give it another go. I'm on day 2 now and have the worst headache ever! I've been on Dr. Bernsteins before which is kinda the same (ketosis based plan), and I remember I had a headache in the first few days then as well, so I know it will ease up, but boy does it hurt now! I'm really excited to start this plan....I've heard good things about it!
I became a Nana last year and my little granddaughter is my inspiration to lose weight. I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with her and just have fun with her. I look forward to chatting with you all through this journey!!

For the headache... Be SURE you get all your salt each day. In addition to the low carb giving you a headache, it can be worse w/o the added salt because you aren't getting enough salt with the foods you are consuming on IP. Some have found quick headache relief by licking some salt right off their hand or drinking it in water.

Hang tough... As you know, once you get into ketosis (3-5 days usually), things feel A LOT better!!

MarylandMom
03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Today is Day 3 of IP with alternatives for me, and I have a question. I hopped on the scale a bit ago just "to see" where it was at. I haven't lost anything. Is it normal to not lose anything until I am in ketosis, or should I be seeing a tiny loss regardless? How long does it typically take to get into ketosis?

irishone127
03-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Lori and I did plenty of research before I started. My couch is a really good friend who has a beautiful day spa. Unfortunately she is located over an hour away. So far everything is been going as planned. I made a big batch of veggie soup to have for lunch with IP Protein and my husband is 100% supportive and yes he doesn't need to lose a pound. I have been overweight for my entire life. I need to lose weight so I can live longer!:carrot:

JLUS
03-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Today is Day 3 of IP with alternatives for me, and I have a question. I hopped on the scale a bit ago just "to see" where it was at. I haven't lost anything. Is it normal to not lose anything until I am in ketosis, or should I be seeing a tiny loss regardless? How long does it typically take to get into ketosis?

I KNOW how tempting it us to want that "sneak peek" but... It is VERY early in the game to be weighing yourself... First weigh-in is best left at the end of a full week. Weight can fluctuate by up to 5lbs in one day!! So much can affect these changes from Time of day, amount of salt, TOM, etc. This is why for most people it is best to only get weighed on weigh-in day once per week.

For future reference keep in mind that you will also find over weeks of weigh-ins, some weeks will be larger losses in weight (2-5 lbs), some weeks will be small losses (.5-1 lb). You need to see the overall trend as down, not just a one-time weight. And yes, there will probably even be a week or two where you may lose 0. However, you will also want to make sure your coach is measuring you because zero or low loss weeks probably mean you have lost inches instead if pounds.

One last note... You don,t have your height/weight shown so I can,t tell if you have a little or a lot to lose. The closer you are to goal weight, the smaller the weekly losses will probably be.

The BEST thing to do for now is stay 100% OP, following exactly what is on the P1 sheet. As long as you are doing that, it is impossible not to lose!!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first time starting IP. In my adult life I have yo-yo'd from about 125 (all time low after weight watchers in my twenties) all the way up to 190 lbs. Over the past year and a half I have gone from 138 to 175 *sigh*. I am also a recovering alcoholic, and obviously no diet would work for the amount of wine I was guzzling almost daily! Now that I've kicked that habit (50 days sober tomorrow), I figure it is time to start healing my body and changing eating habits as well. I'm looking at IP kind of like my sobriety. I have to take it day by day, and it's going to be very uncomfortable some days, but it WILL get easier and the rewards will be SO worth it. I survived Day 1, kept completely on plan and skipped any Restricteds. Wish me luck on Day 2!:carrot:

Welcome! I'm so excited for you! Someone in my family is an alcoholic so taking it one day at a time is a great idea!

mttndiane
03-26-2014, 08:48 PM
After trying many diets and failing, and after doing lots of studying on the IP Diet, I started my journey March 25th. Two days in, I am convinced I can do this successfully. The advice and encouragement in this group is amazing. Thank you all ..

Ruth Ann
03-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Lori and I did plenty of research before I started. My couch is a really good friend who has a beautiful day spa. Unfortunately she is located over an hour away. So far everything is been going as planned. I made a big batch of veggie soup to have for lunch with IP Protein and my husband is 100% supportive and yes he doesn't need to lose a pound. I have been overweight for my entire life. I need to lose weight so I can live longer!:carrot:

Hi Lori! Sounds like you are on the ball with the prep - doing things in advance (or rather making dh do them in advance!) makes things so much easier.

A supportive dh is awesome to have. Mine doesn't need to lose either, in fact we just got him up to a good weight but he has been so wonderful while I'm losing and is totally on board for a healthier lifestyle once I hit maintenance.

After trying many diets and failing, and after doing lots of studying on the IP Diet, I started my journey March 25th. Two days in, I am convinced I can do this successfully. The advice and encouragement in this group is amazing. Thank you all ..

Yeah for starting! And yes, you can do this! It is both the easiest and hardest thing I've ever done. The diet is easy to follow, but retraining my brain has been hard! Sometimes I think my brain has a mind of it's own. :D

IPCali
03-27-2014, 12:04 AM
I am so excited about Ideal Protein.

My first weigh in on day six was 8.1lbs down! :D

Today is day eight for me.

I think I will be on this plan for at least ten months to reach goal.

I am so excited to see this wonderful discussion board! :hug:

I live in Orange County, Ca and have one son who is 16 yo.

I LOVE they I can't cheat on this plan!! :carrot:

Wojo
03-27-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm 5' 2" 159.81 and am a 48 year old woman with a goal weight of 130. I just started the Ideal Protein diet and I"ll post my most recent weigh in results to illustrate the importance of fat loss and how it may not show on the bathroom scale. This is how the measurement appears on the wrestlers scale:
03/06/14----Body Type - Athletic Gender Female Age 48 Height 5ft 2 0in
Weight 159.81b BMI 29.2 Fat% 41.2% BMR 5951kj Impedance 590 Fat Mass 65.81lb FFM 94.01lb TBW 68.81lb
03/13/14
Weight 159.01 BMI 29.1 Fat% 39.1% BMR 5917kj Impedance 547 Fat Mass 62.21lb FFM 96.81lb TBW 70.81lb (water)
-.08 -.1 -2.1% -3.6lb 2.8lb 2.0lb
After 7 days of no cheats, I step on my home scale and don't see a loss. A bit discouraged, I go to my weigh in and learn that I have lost 3.6 pounds of pure fat. My water weight increased by 2.0 pounds which is expected as I am chugging water like a mad woman. I don't understand what the rest of this means and am learning more at my weigh in tomorrow but I've learned that fat loss doesn't always show on the scale the way that you want it to. I've got a long way to go. I don't know how to add one of those weight tickers. Wishing everyone happiness and success!

Ruth Ann
03-27-2014, 06:54 AM
IPCali - congrats on the big first week! That's awesome! And you're right, cheating on this diet really doesn't make sense - it works so well when you stay 100%. Check out the daily chat and recipe threads (and all the other threads, of course) for tons of ideas, recipes and support - the people here are great!

Wojo - welcome! Although I am not a great fan of those scales, you are absolutely right that you can lose fat and not have it show up on the scale. Water weight is tricky - if for some reason you're retaining water (sodium intake, illness, inflammation) it can show up as higher weight. Just stay on plan and it will all work out.

You can get a ticker after you've been a member 20 days and made 20 posts.

JerseyGirl126
03-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Hi all - so I just started IP yesterday. After having a baby 3 years ago I have been unable to take off the weight. At 161 pounds I am at the heaviest I have ever been (other than pregnancy!) I don't think I look bad, but I don't feel comfortable or healthy. Having a baby at 40 really changed my body and I just want to feel better and live healthier for my little one. Even though I have only done one day so far I already feel lighter (is that possible?) I don't own a scale so maybe it's all in my head. So far this has been pretty easy. Was so full last night that I had a hard time eating the mandatory snack, but I did it. Plan on following this diet to the letter of the law. I want to lose 20 pounds. Wondering how long it will take? My doc says everyone is different but just curious of other peoples results. I'm guessing phase 1 for 2 months?

kaylynt
03-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Started IP today. Can't wait until 120 lbs! I'm really excited about learning new eating habits.

canadjineh
03-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Welcome to all the newbies: I have been in maintenance since March 5th after losing 31 lbs in 3 1/2 months. If you've just started don't get too hung up about the # of lbs lost especially after your first weigh in... it does taper off. Concentrate on how your clothes fit, your measurements, body fat % changes etc. You will get to your goal!!

Jersey girl: 20 lbs in 2 months is not unrealistic, but I would aim for a little bit longer. The last 5-10 lbs are very difficult to move lol. I transitioned to Phase 2 then 3 while I still had 7 lbs to lose because I was at a plateau. I lost inches and weight even on Phase 3 so don't despair if it takes a bit longer than you think to get there. The more you have to lose, the quicker it comes off. And, wow, a baby at 40 - good luck with that - glad it wasn't me lol :o

Liana
If you need some food menu ideas there is an IP thread "What are you eating today IPeeps?"

jimbregar01
03-28-2014, 03:21 PM
My wife and I are just starting with IP. This is our first try with per package foods. I need to lose 40 lbs and My wife 30 lbs. Hoping to find great support here. and look forward to all your words of wisdom.
Jim and Christine

kaylynt
03-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Welcome to all the newbies: I have been in maintenance since March 5th after losing 31 lbs in 3 1/2 months. If you've just started don't get too hung up about the # of lbs lost especially after your first weigh in... it does taper off. Concentrate on how your clothes fit, your measurements, body fat % changes etc. You will get to your goal!!

Jersey girl: 20 lbs in 2 months is not unrealistic, but I would aim for a little bit longer. The last 5-10 lbs are very difficult to move lol. I transitioned to Phase 2 then 3 while I still had 7 lbs to lose because I was at a plateau. I lost inches and weight even on Phase 3 so don't despair if it takes a bit longer than you think to get there. The more you have to lose, the quicker it comes off. And, wow, a baby at 40 - good luck with that - glad it wasn't me lol :o

Liana
If you need some food menu ideas there is an IP thread "What are you eating today IPeeps?"

Thinks you for the advice! I worry too much what the scale says. I'm really excited for my first WI on Wednesday!

Day 4 was SO much easier than Day 1 and each day seems to get a little better with my hunger. After my eggs and cauliflower for dinner I was almost TOO full to eat my salad...lol. I said to myself, I should eat eggs more often, but I also think the diet is getting less difficult. I even saved my snack for tonight, which I say I'm going to do everyday, but by 2:30 I'm ready to eat my arm and end up eating it before dinner and then I'm hungry a few hours before bed.

kaylynt
03-30-2014, 06:18 PM

This probably isn't the concensus, but my coach said I could take advil for the headaches, it helped a little, and I only used it the first day. Usually I too get headaches for at least 3 days, but mine only lasted 1. I think drinking more water helped me this time.

Jillybee123
03-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to getting to know all of you as we go through the plan! Let's go March 2014 starters!

Love_my_pups
03-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone! I've spent hours reading posts and I just love this forum. There is so much great information, recipes, and encouragement. I was disappointed after my Week 2 weigh in. I was down 3 lbs. but it was muscle, not fat. My coach suggested I try 4 packets this week. So, I'm hoping that helps. I've never been on a diet where they asked me to eat more!

I've read a lot of posts saying that I should read the Daily Thread each day. What exactly is that?:?:

Jillybee123
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone! I've spent hours reading posts and I just love this forum. There is so much great information, recipes, and encouragement. I was disappointed after my Week 2 weigh in. I was down 3 lbs. but it was muscle, not fat. My coach suggested I try 4 packets this week. So, I'm hoping that helps. I've never been on a diet where they asked me to eat more!

I've read a lot of posts saying that I should read the Daily Thread each day. What exactly is that?:?:

It has a green arrow icon next to it. I think it says IP weekend chat. A new one comes up each day, just look for the green arrow (on left)

Ruth Ann
03-30-2014, 07:35 PM

Hi Love_my_pups and welcome!

3 pounds is a great loss! Why would you be disappointed? I know we all want it to go faster but our bodies tend to let go of fat when it wants to. Are your clothes feeling looser? Did you lose inches? The scale is only one measure of how you're doing.

Those scales that measure your body fat/lean mass are known to be inaccurate and you shouldn't take them as gospel, just another tool to show a downward trend and keep an eye on. Also, you didn't necessarily lose muscle (in fact, you probably didn't). Lean mass includes muscle, water, organs, skin, etc., etc. Pretty much everything that is not fat. Even assuming it was correct that you lost 3 lbs of lean mass, it probably wasn't muscle.

Hang in there - you can get incredible results from IP if you just stick with it 100%!

IPCali
03-30-2014, 08:04 PM

Welcome, MttnDiane...

I am only on day 13. I feel exactly the same way. Like I can do this successfully. :carrot:

That is a feeling I have never had on a diet before.

dcs0826
03-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am on day 4 and am also a March starter. I lurked on these boards a ton before officially joining IP. This site is a great place for support, ideas, and encouragement!

sweetenuf
03-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Welcome Newbies....
I was a newbie almost 11 weeks ago! Time is flying fast. I have stayed 100% no cheats at all. In this time I have lost 40 lbs and 19 inches.

I have faith in all of us and am so happy to have found this product and this forum!
Good luck everyone, we are all in this together.

SHANNALSU
03-31-2014, 01:10 PM
I am on day 3 of IP.....I am not sure I will survive lol please tell me it gets better LOL

kaylynt
03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
I am on day 3 of IP.....I am not sure I will survive lol please tell me it gets better LOL

It gets better and you get stronger too.

SHANNALSU
03-31-2014, 01:18 PM
Thank you! I have 0 energy and I'm not used to that, hope it comes back soon :)

serenity311
03-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Hello all! I've posted a couple times in other threads, glad to find a one for newcomers.
I started IP last one week ago, Monday 3/24/14. I'm not going to a center/coach, I found out about IP from a close friend who is doing it and researched it myself. I have weekly accountability from OA and daily accountability with my sponsor.
I reached my top weight during my second pregnancy, which was 350. That's the weight I chose to list as my start weight (350/286/200) because I wasn't sure what to choose, I've varied so much over the years. But I thought hey, I'll list my top weight because I have lost from that point. I didn't read any guidelines - I hope that's OK. I was 292 when I started IP one week ago. I also don't know that 200 is my final goal weight but a trainer gave me that as a goal a few years ago so I figure that will be my goal for now. Actually, my first goal is 250 because that's the number I've gotten down to a number of times in OA, doing my own food plan, but I cannot break past it. I'm really hoping IP will help me with that.
I've been doing the plan 100%, no cheats. That's important for me because cheating for me is a slippery slope. I tell myself "it's just this once" then before I know it I'm fully back into my food addiction. I've been an OAer for a while now, and I know I'm powerless over food.
I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I need encouragement - words are my Love Language.
My hubby is doing something too, but not IP. He started the same day is me and I'm so grateful because over the years it has been hard to be on a food plan when he is not. We also have two little ones and that can make it hard when they snack all day (but of course are constantly burning calories from running, jumping, climbing, playing) and I'm not snacking at all until after they are in bed. Water, water, water. And sometimes celery with WF peanut spread or lettuce and cucumber with WF dressing.
I got inspired and motivated when I walked into my friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party and didn't recognize her. She had been on IP for 3 months and lost 40 lbs. She's always been much smaller than me but struggled with her weight. She had on high wedges and looked like a model! I was amazed. She had told me over the phone (she lives 3 hours away) about seeing her mom, being inspired, and starting IP. Then I saw her, got inspired, and started IP. I know it works because of them, and now I know even more from those of you here.
It's hard to wait for results. For me, when I'm in the food, time flies by; but when I'm OP, times moves slowly. The weight goes on easily and it's much harder to get it off. But I am finding lots of motivation and encouragement here.
Thanks for reading, thanks for being here, thanks for being part of my journey. I'm sending prayers, warm thoughts, and good vibes to all of you - we are on this journey together. I want to be healthier, happier, a better wife and mom. A more contributing member of society. A good example to others who want to be lighter and healthier. I know I can do it with God, OA, and your help.

Fearciuil
03-31-2014, 05:20 PM
It gets a lot better. You're right about the toughest point right now: if you feel sort of sick, you may be moving into ketosis. Hang in there!

Jillybee123
03-31-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome Newbies....
I was a newbie almost 11 weeks ago! Time is flying fast. I have stayed 100% no cheats at all. In this time I have lost 40 lbs and 19 inches.

I have faith in all of us and am so happy to have found this product and this forum!
Good luck everyone, we are all in this together.

You are an inspiration! Thanks for the support!:carrot:

Billy7613
03-31-2014, 08:40 PM
I just started IP today. Not feeling so hot, but trying to get through week 1. :p. Any words of encouragement would be great. I have a headache and I am exhausted. And a little foggy.

bluegingham
03-31-2014, 08:51 PM
I just started IP today. Not feeling so hot, but trying to get through week 1. :p. Any words of encouragement would be great. I have a headache and I am exhausted. And a little foggy.

Herbal tea, lots of water & rest, and checking in on the message board for support! Once the first few days are over, you will begin to feel better and it is so worth it!!! Good luck on your journey!

JSorrell
03-31-2014, 10:28 PM
A little nerve-wracked, but ready to give it a go. Going to try for a bar for breakfast, shake for lunch, veggies in between...and going to have to wing it for dinner (although I have chicken thawed and waiting.)

SHANNALSU
03-31-2014, 10:42 PM
We can get through these rough days....we can do it

serenity311
03-31-2014, 10:42 PM

I'm on day 8. I felt foggy and disconnected also Day 1. It got better day 2, then day 3 I had a ton of energy and felt awesome. You have better days ahead! :)

Melfette
03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Went today for my first consult. & weigh in, and came home with a bag of products to try! :dizzy: I don't have a clue what the week will bring, but I have high hopes it's going to bring weight melting away at last!

loser444
04-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Hello everyone - just started IP today and so far so good. So relieved I'm finally on my way to losing this weight. I weighed in at the heaviest of my life today :(

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Hello everyone - just started IP today and so far so good. So relieved I'm finally on my way to losing this weight. I weighed in at the heaviest of my life today :(
You won't be for long! Stick to the plan like glue. IP works!

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 05:51 AM
A little nerve-wracked, but ready to give it a go. Going to try for a bar for breakfast, shake for lunch, veggies in between...and going to have to wing it for dinner (although I have chicken thawed and waiting.)

Did your coach say to do the veggies in between?
Mine said the plan is designed for veggies with the protein for better insulin control

My advise: never wing it. Plan ahead and know exactly what the good plan is each day. I usually plan my "next day" while I'm cleaning the kitchen after dinner. Then I know if I need to stop at the grocery after work the next day.

Ruth Ann
04-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Went today for my first consult. & weigh in, and came home with a bag of products to try! :dizzy: I don't have a clue what the week will bring, but I have high hopes it's going to bring weight melting away at last!

Stay 100% on plan and you will be amazed at the results! Keep reading here and check out the recipe threads to keep things interesting. This is a great diet and you'll get maximum results if you follow it exactly - you'll be so happy you started.

Welcome and let us know if you have any questions!

Jillybee123
04-01-2014, 10:18 AM

Welcome! I'm on day 7! First weigh-in tomorrow, but feel great. Good luck!

IPCali
04-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Hello all! I've posted a couple times in other threads, glad to find a one for newcomers.
I started IP last one week ago, Monday 3/24/14. I'm not going to a center/coach, I found out about IP from a close friend who is doing it and researched it myself. I have weekly accountability from OA and daily accountability with my sponsor.
I reached my top weight during my second pregnancy, which was 350. That's the weight I chose to list as my start weight (350/286/200) because I wasn't sure what to choose, I've varied so much over the years. But I thought hey, I'll list my top weight because I have lost from that point. I didn't read any guidelines - I hope that's OK. I was 292 when I started IP one week ago. I also don't know that 200 is my final goal weight but a trainer gave me that as a goal a few years ago so I figure that will be my goal for now. Actually, my first goal is 250 because that's the number I've gotten down to a number of times in OA, doing my own food plan, but I cannot break past it. I'm really hoping IP will help me with that.
I've been doing the plan 100%, no cheats. That's important for me because cheating for me is a slippery slope. I tell myself "it's just this once" then before I know it I'm fully back into my food addiction. I've been an OAer for a while now, and I know I'm powerless over food.
I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I need encouragement - words are my Love Language.
My hubby is doing something too, but not IP. He started the same day is me and I'm so grateful because over the years it has been hard to be on a food plan when he is not. We also have two little ones and that can make it hard when they snack all day (but of course are constantly burning calories from running, jumping, climbing, playing) and I'm not snacking at all until after they are in bed. Water, water, water. And sometimes celery with WF peanut spread or lettuce and cucumber with WF dressing.
I got inspired and motivated when I walked into my friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party and didn't recognize her. She had been on IP for 3 months and lost 40 lbs. She's always been much smaller than me but struggled with her weight. She had on high wedges and looked like a model! I was amazed. She had told me over the phone (she lives 3 hours away) about seeing her mom, being inspired, and starting IP. Then I saw her, got inspired, and started IP. I know it works because of them, and now I know even more from those of you here.
It's hard to wait for results. For me, when I'm in the food, time flies by; but when I'm OP, times moves slowly. The weight goes on easily and it's much harder to get it off. But I am finding lots of motivation and encouragement here.
Thanks for reading, thanks for being here, thanks for being part of my journey. I'm sending prayers, warm thoughts, and good vibes to all of you - we are on this journey together. I want to be healthier, happier, a better wife and mom. A more contributing member of society. A good example to others who want to be lighter and healthier. I know I can do it with God, OA, and your help.

Hi Serenity,

I am new here too.

That was a GREAT introduction! :D

I can relate to how easy it is to put weight on and how much harder it is to get it off. :o

I can also relate to the temptation of the child's snacks! :devil:

How cool that your buddy looked like a model... :carrot:

seems like IP is so powerful......that it's contagious! :belly:

I ......receive...... your prayers, warm thoughts, and good vibes! :hug:

IPCali
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM

Hi Weight Loser444,

I started about the same weight as you two weeks ago... also my highest weight.

I find IP and this board to be a HUGE relief also.

IPCali
04-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Hi ShannaLSU, :scooter:

How are you doing today on IP? :flow2: :grouphug:

~IPCali

IP43
04-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm not a newcomer but a "haven't been here in awhile"-er. I have "gone where I have never gone before"... and it's not a star trek episode but a scale number. So I need to regroup,refocus, and reboot. This forum kept me on track last time and I enjoyed getting to know lots of people so here's to a new start :D

IPCali
04-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Welcome IP 43

What are some of the tricks that worked for you first time around?

:dancer::crossed::comp::scooter::beach::moped:
:goodvibes

lisa32989
04-01-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm not a newcomer but a "haven't been here in awhile"-er. I have "gone where I have never gone before"... and it's not a star trek episode but a scale number. So I need to regroup,refocus, and reboot. This forum kept me on track last time and I enjoyed getting to know lots of people so here's to a new start :D
:wave:
Nice to see you

irishone127
04-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Wow!! what an awesome meal plan. In one week I lost 8 pounds. Only once or twice did I ever feel hungry. Tons of recipes and food ideas others are sharing. I have 75 more to lose and I know I can on this plan. The first week on this plan I attended a two day class where breakfast and lunch were included. I had my breakfast at home before I left and packed a lunch with a bar for lunch. Saturday I had a wedding and my husband who is so supportive made sure I had a fancy bar glass with water and a lemon and 'traded" his steamed vegetables for my mashed potatoes so my plate was on plan. Plan ahead what you are going to eat. I made a big batch of vegetable soup and I am making another batch tomorrow. Remember to add you salt. Hang in there, don't cheat, have a glass of water, go for a walk. Stay out of the kitchen after 8 pm. You can do this!:carrot:

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Week 1 DONE! Here are my results:
Weight: down 7.6 lbs!
Measurements:
Hips: 3 in; Waist: 2 in; Chest: 1 in; Thigh: 1 in; Arm 1/2 in!
Ok I'm giving myself 1 dancing carrot per pound!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot:

dcs0826
04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Measurements:

Way to go JillyBee! I weigh in tonight at 5:30..I would much rather weigh in the AM but I had to take the appointment that worked with my work schedule.

kaylynt
04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Measurements:

YAY!!!

jessi1971
04-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi there, Im a week into the IP program and wanted to say HI! I lost 7.4 pounds but now the scale hasnt moved in 5days! Very discouraging, since Im only in my second week, but plugging along :D

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Way to go JillyBee! I weigh in tonight at 5:30..I would much rather weigh in the AM but I had to take the appointment that worked with my work schedule.
Thank you dcs0826 and Good luck! I think I may change to Tuesday next week, my 1st mtg was on a Tuesday and I loved the coach, today didn't really click with the different coach but hate to lose a day for my next weigh-in. I know it doesn't really matter which day though.
Can't wait to hear your progress!:cheer:

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
YAY!!!
Thanks Kaylyn :cool:

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi there, Im a week into the IP program and wanted to say HI! I lost 7.4 pounds but now the scale hasnt moved in 5days! Very discouraging, since Im only in my second week, but plugging along :D

:coach: Keep going and pushing along, and congrats on week 1!

JSorrell
04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi, everyone ~

I am on Day Two of IP and have to say I am very grateful for the forum. There is a lot of valuable information in here and good advice from more experienced IPers.

Yesterday afternoon was a bit rough, so I am spacing out my meals a bit more. Started with chocolate pudding for breakfast (from my starter pack) and am having my salad now - saving my IP lunch item for about 2:30 when things started heading downhill yesterday.

Jillybee123
04-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Hi, everyone ~

I am on Day Two of IP and have to say I am very grateful for the forum. There is a lot of valuable information in here and good advice from more experienced IPers.

Yesterday afternoon was a bit rough, so I am spacing out my meals a bit more. Started with chocolate pudding for breakfast (from my starter pack) and am having my salad now - saving my IP lunch item for about 2:30 when things started heading downhill yesterday.

:welcome2: Welcome JSorrell

Ruth Ann
04-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Hi Jessi! Hang in there - the scale will start moving. So many things happen that can make the scale stay the same or go up a little - a high sodium day, TOM, inflammation, illness, stress, etc., etc. There's so many factors and your individual metabolism plays a large part too - your body kind of makes up its own mind when it wants to release fat.

If it's going to stress you out too much, quit weighing every day and just use your weekly weigh in. Stress is not good for weight loss!

Congrats on the great first week and relax, stay OP and let it work for you!

ElsaJt
04-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Hola,

I just finished Day one of IP and I am excited to see how much weight I can lose. I am hoping to lose at least 35 pounds by mid July (ideal would be 50 pounds by mid July :) ) Yes I am probably too optimistic :)

There is a lot of planning involved on the diet because I like variety and at the same time, I usually get tired of planing after the first 2 weeks.

I am hoping that this forum here will keep me motivated. I also wish all the people good luck!

IPCali
04-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Wow!! what an awesome meal plan. In one week I lost 8 pounds. Only once or twice did I ever feel hungry. Tons of recipes and food ideas others are sharing. I have 75 more to lose and I know I can on this plan. The first week on this plan I attended a two day class where breakfast and lunch were included. I had my breakfast at home before I left and packed a lunch with a bar for lunch. Saturday I had a wedding and my husband who is so supportive made sure I had a fancy bar glass with water and a lemon and 'traded" his steamed vegetables for my mashed potatoes so my plate was on plan. Plan ahead what you are going to eat. I made a big batch of vegetable soup and I am making another batch tomorrow. Remember to add you salt. Hang in there, don't cheat, have a glass of water, go for a walk. Stay out of the kitchen after 8 pm. You can do this!:carrot:

Hi Lori,

Congrats on the nice weight loss!! :bunny2::bunny:

And you had a few non-scale victories in your very first week! :eating2::broc:

Sounds like you are sooooo ready to succeed on IP!

(I just started a couple of weeks ago too!)

C U around!

IPCali
04-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Measurements:

Hi Jillybee,

Great job -

that's lots of pounds and a :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

shocking amount of inches....

three inces off your hips? :belly:

Break out the hoola hoop, girl!

:bravo:

IPCali
04-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Hola,

I just finished Day one of IP and I am excited to see how much weight I can lose. I am hoping to lose at least 35 pounds by mid July (ideal would be 50 pounds by mid July :) ) Yes I am probably too optimistic :)

There is a lot of planning involved on the diet because I like variety and at the same time, I usually get tired of planing after the first 2 weeks.

I am hoping that this forum here will keep me motivated. I also wish all the people good luck!

Hi Elsa,

I am also hoping to lose 35 pounds by mid July.

I just started a couple of weeks ago.

Let's do this!

:book2::stir::bike2::woops::swim::wl::tread:
:workout::barbell::ebike::running::strong:

IPCali
04-03-2014, 02:35 AM

Hi Jessi,

I just finished my second week and I felt the same way.

I think that awesome first week spoiled me. :o

I bet you will drop a couple of pounds right before weigh in!

:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:
:goodscale:goodscale:
:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:
:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:
:goodscale:

Keep us posted!

Dollydimple
04-03-2014, 05:03 AM
I think I may be on the UK (yep I’m from over there) equivalent of this diet. Mine is called Shake that Weight. 3-4 shakes or soup a day and if on 3, a healthy meal in the evening plus the water intake. My teeth are floating!. Because I am 64 this year, I am doing it under the care of my doctor.3 shakes a day, and 2 small meals a day or if I feel like it, 3.
I'm also keeping track of measurements. On weeks when I don't have much of a weight loss I'm sure I will have lost inches
I am just coming to the end of week three (weigh in tomorrow) and 13lbs down. I don’t feel hungry, have more energy than I’ve had for years, hips knees and ankles don’t complain so much when I do stairs and my skin and hair look good too.
After 10lb loss on week one my doctor and dietician want to see no more than 4lbs a week loss from now on and ideally 2-3.
I’m in this for the long haul, have tremendous support from my husband.
If I’m allowed, I’d like to pop here every now and again because I can’t find anyone on the same as me on the UK forum

IP43
04-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Welcome IP 43

What are some of the tricks that worked for you first time around?

:dancer::crossed::comp::scooter::beach::moped:
:goodvibes

Hi Cali. This program DOES work. The weight came off quickly and I felt great. BUT I didn't phase off of phase 4 properly and I just went back to eating how I usually ate. I'm not an "unhealthy" eater, but I think my body is carb sensitive maybe so this time I need a better "after" plan.

IP43
04-03-2014, 07:28 AM
:wave:
Nice to see you

Missed you Lisa. Glad to see you're still here helping people out and plugging along!

Ruth Ann
04-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Hola,

Congrats on getting through the first day! Depending on your height, starting weight, etc. you might be able to do 35 by mid-July, it depends on a lot of factors. Since everyone loses differently, it's hard to say. But if you stay OP the weight will come off! the problem with setting up hard deadlines (I will lose X by Y date) is that it can be so discouraging if you don't meet that goal. I set up weird goals for myself (weigh less than what my drivers license says, weigh less than my husband, etc.) and met each one faster that I ever would have expected.

Check out the recipe, packet hack and purees threads - lots of good ideas to keep these fresh and give you variety. Look at the What Are You Eating Today thread too for ideas. And when you're getting bored or need some motivation post! There's usually someone around to help you out.

Good luck and keep going!

TwoTots
04-03-2014, 09:10 AM

Hello IP43 I remember you from last time. I'm doing IP again. Going good this tie around. Best of luck. I too let lots of things slide and saw a number on the scale that shocked me back into action. Welcome back!

Jillybee123
04-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Hi Jillybee,

Great job -

that's lots of pounds and a :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

shocking amount of inches....

three inces off your hips? :belly:

Break out the hoola hoop, girl!

:bravo:

Thank you so much! What a great community this is!

jessi1971
04-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi Jessi! Hang in there - the scale will start moving. So many things happen that can make the scale stay the same or go up a little - a high sodium day, TOM, inflammation, illness, stress, etc., etc. There's so many factors and your individual metabolism plays a large part too - your body kind of makes up its own mind when it wants to release fat.

If it's going to stress you out too much, quit weighing every day and just use your weekly weigh in. Stress is not good for weight loss!

Congrats on the great first week and relax, stay OP and let it work for you!

Thank you!! :)

arich
04-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi Everyone
I just started today and I have a couple of questions about how much flexibility I can have. Specifically, my plan says I can have coffee with breakfast- is it okay to wait until mid-morning? Also, can you have the snack at any time during the day- I am usually hungrier in the mornings and I am worried about being a bear cat until lunch.

so far so good! I am super excited!

Dollydimple
04-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone
I just started today and I have a couple of questions about how much flexibility I can have. Specifically, my plan says I can have coffee with breakfast- is it okay to wait until mid-morning? Also, can you have the snack at any time during the day- I am usually hungrier in the mornings and I am worried about being a bear cat until lunch.

I am on a UK (shake that weight) which is very similar to IP. Yes, you can wait until mid morning and have your snack whenever you want on my regime I have been encouraged to tailor mine to my life style and I doubt yours will be much different. However, I'm sure someone better qualified in this particular one than I am will soon be along. I have lost 13lbs in 3 weeks. probably a bit more because weigh in isn't until tomorrow morning. Good Luck. You can do it. Don't forget to keep an eye on the inches. Sometimes we slow up a bit on the loss, but the inches melt away

IPCali
04-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi Cali. This program DOES work. The weight came off quickly and I felt great. BUT I didn't phase off of phase 4 properly and I just went back to eating how I usually ate. I'm not an "unhealthy" eater, but I think my body is carb sensitive maybe so this time I need a better "after" plan.

I think my body is carb sensitive also. :o

I have never been an unhealthy eater either...

good reminder to me to take the maintenance phases seriously!

How amazing to find a diet where the weight comes off quickly and you feel great doing it!

IP is a God send! :woohoo:

IPCali
04-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi Everyone

Hi Arich,

Welcome aboard....

I'm only on day 17 myself....

I'm super excited about IP too! :moped: :bike:

I hope you have the best FIRST IP DAY evah! :sunny:

Cali

Dbaker99
04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi All,
My DH and I started IP together a little over 2 weeks ago. I have been lurking on the site and have really gained a lot of valuable information so I thought I should introduce myself.
So far, it has gone really well for us.

Deb

JLUS
04-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi Everyone

Yes, you can have your coffee whenever you like. Remember, one cup if caffeinated. If you want more you need to add an additional cup of water for each additional cup of coffee. (Decaf you don't, but it doesn't,t count towards your water either so you probably won,t want to drink too much!)

And YES, you can have your snack whenever you want!

There isn't much room for flexibility in IP, but you should be fine with those items!

WELCOME! Remember to visit us in the Daily Chat too and post questions there. You will get answers from those with a wide range of experience on IP.

shelflife
04-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi there!

I'm going to be starting IP on Monday. I took the plunge and visited a "clinic" this morning, and got signed up and stocked up. I'm actually going to be away from home for the next 3 weeks, but I'm bringing my food with me (i have a kitchen at my temporary digs).

I've got one WF salad dressing (fruit balsamic vinaigrette) that I'll bring, as well as salt & pepper and some soya sauce. I was wondering what other spices/sauces/etc. you love? This way I can pack them and bring them with me (i'm driving and have lots of room) rather than having to buy all new stuff.

IPCali
04-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Hi there!

I'm going to be starting IP on Monday. I took the plunge and visited a "clinic" this morning, and got signed up and stocked up. I'm actually going to be away from home for the next 3 weeks, but I'm bringing my food with me (i have a kitchen at my temporary digs).

I've got one WF salad dressing (fruit balsamic vinaigrette) that I'll bring, as well as salt & pepper and some soya sauce. I was wondering what other spices/sauces/etc. you love? This way I can pack them and bring them with me (i'm driving and have lots of room) rather than having to buy all new stuff.

Hi Shelf Life,

:welcome:

Sounds like you have a positive, 'can do' attitude.

You sound READY to lose weight!

My favorite spice is turning out to be the salt that we're required to

use each day.

Makes my veggies ohhhh sooo gooood!

I never knew cauliflower could be so awesome!

All the best to you....

Ruth Ann
04-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Hi there!

Welcome! Really great you're getting prepared ahead of time - planning makes all the difference on IP.

I wouldn't want to be without:

WF pancake syrup
WF 1000 Island
Franks Red Hot Sauce
Braggs Liquid Amino
Garlic powder
Chopped garlic
Ginger
Jalapeno mustard (I like Silver Spring)
Regular mustard
Dill pickles (I like Bubbies but any brand that has no sugar/fat/carbs will work-amazing that some dill pickles have sugar in them)

That's all I can think of for the moment except for decaf tea - I keep those at home, in my purse, and at work.

Good luck!

jmor1017
04-05-2014, 08:32 AM
I am on day 42 of the Ideal Protein Diet. The first week was rough but I made it through it and I was doing great. As of last week I was down 21 pounds and a total of 26 inches. It's hard to believe that I have been without sugar & carbs this long. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no will power and I usually can't stick to a diet any longer than a week. SO far this has been the BEST diet for me but this last week has been a struggle. I cheated and I had pecans & some cashews. In my mind I tried to justify it because it's not a sugar or a carbohydrate. Since this cheat the scale hasn't moved and I have had a belly ache. SO NOT WORTH IT!!! I do find it hard to believe that having these nuts would have such a negative impact on my weight-loss. I have about 100lbs to lose so staying motivated at times is a battle! I understand that I am a large person and I'd have to lose alot a weight before anyone notices but it discouraging after 21lbs & 26 inches that NOT one person has noticed. I gotta just keep on plugging along! My motivation has been reading this blog. It's encouraging and very informative! Thank you all for sharing your stories & tips!!

Ruth Ann
04-05-2014, 09:04 AM
I am on day 42 of the Ideal Protein Diet. The first week was rough but I made it through it and I was doing great. As of last week I was down 21 pounds and a total of 26 inches. It's hard to believe that I have been without sugar & carbs this long. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no will power and I usually can't stick to a diet any longer than a week. SO far this has been the BEST diet for me but this last week has been a struggle. I cheated and I had pecans & some cashews. In my mind I tried to justify it because it's not a sugar or a carbohydrate. Since this cheat the scale hasn't moved and I have had a belly ache. SO NOT WORTH IT!!! I do find it hard to believe that having these nuts would have such a negative impact on my weight-loss. I have about 100lbs to lose so staying motivated at times is a battle! I understand that I am a large person and I'd have to lose alot a weight before anyone notices but it discouraging after 21lbs & 26 inches that NOT one person has noticed. I gotta just keep on plugging along! My motivation has been reading this blog. It's encouraging and very informative! Thank you all for sharing your stories & tips!!

Funny how our brains can justify just about anything if we let them, isn't it? The best thing to do is get right back being OP - like the very next bite you put in your mouth. And next time you are tempted to cheat, remember how you felt after doing so and ask yourself "is it really worth it?"

As far as people noticing, I think I had lost about 30 lbs before anyone really noticed (except my husband, but he's biased!). But I knew I was losing and could feel my clothes getting looser and that's the important part. Knowing you are doing this and getting healthier is such a great feeling. Remember why you are trying to lose weight - write down all the reasons and keep them with you for times you are feeling discouraged.

Also, take pictures now. I find it great motivation to go back and review my progress pics - especially of my face, that's where the loss showed up first and it was pretty amazing.

Really, you're doing great - just have a little patience. You will lose and people will notice (sometimes more than you'd like!). Commit to staying 100% and the pounds will come off!

walkernjh
04-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Glad I found this site. I am going to the Ideal Protein seminar on April 14th. Looking forward to going down this path. I have 96 pounds to lose and am ready to take my life back. Look forward to learning from all you Ideal Protein warriors.

Nancy

dcs0826
04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Hi there!

Definitely apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil!

shelflife
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the replies! I think I've figured out a more comprehensive list kitchen staples to bring thanks to your suggestions :) It's not like there are no grocery stores where I'm going, so if I really miss something, it's easy enough to just buy it too. I'm sure there will be some trial and error as I get started.

emilysc
04-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Hi, I'm newly signed in, but have been lurking for a little while. Thank you to all of those that I've poached information from! ;) I started IP on Feb 14th and am down 25 pounds. It actually works! I've been chipping away at this for a long time. My highest weight was 333 in 2002. Having been diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2012 lit some fire under me. I can't believe that my glucose numbers are so flat on this protocol. Gives me hope! Anyway, thanks for this forum. I won't lurk anymore.

IPCali
04-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi, I'm newly signed in, but have been lurking for a little while. Thank you to all of those that I've poached information from! ;) I started IP on Feb 14th and am down 25 pounds. It actually works! I've been chipping away at this for a long time. My highest weight was 333 in 2002. Having been diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2012 lit some fire under me. I can't believe that my glucose numbers are so flat on this protocol. Gives me hope! Anyway, thanks for this forum. I won't lurk anymore.

Hi Emily SC,

:welcome3:

Congrats on the major weight loss...

only about 50 days and 25 lbs!

That's something to be proud of! :cheer:

That is so awesome that IP gives you flat/low glucose numbers!

I am new also.

All the best!

IPCali
04-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Glad I found this site. I am going to the Ideal Protein seminar on April 14th. Looking forward to going down this path. I have 96 pounds to lose and am ready to take my life back. Look forward to learning from all you Ideal Protein warriors.

Nancy

Hi Walker,

You are going to be so ready to 'hit the ground running'

:tread: :woops: :running:

by April 14th!

:welcome2:

IPCali
04-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Welcome, J Mor,

:welcome:

You are doing so great....

over a half a pound a day of weight loss. :broc:

:woohoo:

I am exactly the same:

no will power and usually give up a diet the first week. :o

I am so shocked at how different I feel and think on IP.

This has been the BEST diet for me also! :dance:

I wonder why eating nuts would cause a stomach ache?

SHANNALSU
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Hi ShannaLSU, :scooter:

How are you doing today on IP? :flow2: :grouphug:

~IPCali

Hey there,

OH SO MUCH BETTER! Thank you for asking...sorry I am just seeing this :) Monday adn Tuesday of last wee I thought I would just die lol Lost 4 lbs in a week so that just motivated me even more!:carrot:

Tweb
04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
New to IP today, have to say food is great, so looking forward to having more energy, and fitting in my jeans.
I know there will be up and down days, which I why I joined this group, you all sounds so amazing! :wave:

lisa32989
04-07-2014, 09:23 PM
New to IP today, have to say food is great, so looking forward to having more energy, and fitting in my jeans.
I know there will be up and down days, which I why I joined this group, you all sounds so amazing! :wave:
It really works!
Welcome to the group!

cjhende
04-07-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm brand new, just getting started today. I hit rock bottom. Nothing in my closet fit from the waste down. Even my "fat clothes" are impossibly tight. This has to stop. I'm hoping that IP will be the answer! Very motivated right now and praying the motivation will last.:moo::ink:

JSorrell
04-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Almost at one week now and the ketosis flu is over! However, it has been replaced by another issue...one that is uncomfortable to have and to discuss. I cannot understand how all of a sudden I'm not able to go to the bathroom! I am eating the veggies - all kinds of greens - and I'm staying up with the water. I've even resumed my exercise to try to, um, get things moving. Not to mention, now the scale won't show any loss - for obvious reasons.

Suggestions?

ipfreely
04-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Hello all!

I am new to the 3fatchicks groups, and so grateful to find an IP group! I have been doing IP about 2 months and dropped 25 lbs. I hit a rough patch lately with stress that has forced me to decide what I REALLY want (junk food or a healthy body). After hemming and hawwing, I found this site. I am so excited to see how well others have done, and even found a recipe to enhance my cauliflower :) so happy! I think I have found my second wind!

ipfreely
04-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately your "ahem" issue is quite normal. It does sort itself out eventually (high protein diets are notorious for initially causing constipation or diarreah, or both!). As the diet becomes normal to your body, your bathroom habits get normal again too.

I found Vitamin C tablets helped with the constipation, as well as the obvious WATER WATER WATER. Make sure you're getting all your veggies too, that's your fibre, and fibre = happy colon. If you opt for the Vitamin C, go easy on it as it can push you to other dark side (diarreah). Also, you can take a fibre supplement (my IP coach sells a natural fibre pill) but it was the vitamin C that did the trick :)

IPCali
04-08-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm brand new, just getting started today. I hit rock bottom. Nothing in my closet fit from the waste down. Even my "fat clothes" are impossibly tight. This has to stop. I'm hoping that IP will be the answer! Very motivated right now and praying the motivation will last.:moo::ink:

Welcome, CJ..

I started a few weeks ago and my weight was at an all time

high which I felt as a huge 'low'.

You sound ready and you're going to do great!!!

lisa32989
04-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Almost at one week now and the ketosis flu is over! However, it has been replaced by another issue...one that is uncomfortable to have and to discuss. I cannot understand how all of a sudden I'm not able to go to the bathroom! I am eating the veggies - all kinds of greens - and I'm staying up with the water. I've even resumed my exercise to try to, um, get things moving. Not to mention, now the scale won't show any loss - for obvious reasons.

Suggestions?
This is VERY common on IP
Make sure you're getting all of your oil, too.
Besides added vitamin c, another thing to try is a Magnesium product called Calm

IPCali
04-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Hello all!

I am new to the 3fatchicks groups, and so grateful to find an IP group! I have been doing IP about 2 months and dropped 25 lbs. I hit a rough patch lately with stress that has forced me to decide what I REALLY want (junk food or a healthy body). After hemming and hawwing, I found this site. I am so excited to see how well others have done, and even found a recipe to enhance my cauliflower :) so happy! I think I have found my second wind!

Welcome aboard, IPfreely,

Congrats on your amazing weight loss and :dance:

even bigger congrats on finding your second wind after stress hit! :cheer2:

Can't wait to read about your next 25 lb victory! :cheer3:

Ruth Ann
04-08-2014, 07:53 AM

Suggestions?

To add to the advice you received above - are you getting all your supplements in? The magnesium is really important. Hope things get "going" for you soon - very uncomfortable.

But welcome! This is a great group for motivation, support, ideas and fun!

Hello all!

Glad you got your second wind and congrats on being down 25lbs! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Firebug470
04-09-2014, 01:07 AM
I am both excited and nervous to start this diet today. I know that the first couple of days will suck. But hoping to see great results!!

cschmandt
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Good Morning All!!

I am on day 26 of IP. I have been lurking on the website and reading several forums for the past few weeks and decided to register this week.

I am excited about being on IP. I started IP on March 15th and I am down 17 pounds total and 13.25 inches total after my wk 3 weigh in yesterday. I was introduced to restricted items yesterday and thus far I am liking the products.

JSorrell
04-09-2014, 08:55 PM
So down 4 pounds and 3 inches...which is decent. I keep thinking that the inches should have been a bit better, but some is better than none.

:^:

Ruth Ann
04-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Good Morning All!!

I am on day 26 of IP. I have been lurking on the website and reading several forums for the past few weeks and decided to register this week.

I am excited about being on IP. I started IP on March 15th and I am down 17 pounds total and 13.25 inches total after my wk 3 weigh in yesterday. I was introduced to restricted items yesterday and thus far I am liking the products.

Congrats on the great losses! That is awesome!

So down 4 pounds and 3 inches...which is decent. I keep thinking that the inches should have been a bit better, but some is better than none.

:^:

Sorrell, remember you may not see all the fat you lose externally. We carry a fair amount of fat inside around our organs, etc. So you could be losing internal fat which wouldn't necessarily show up when you measure.

cheers2014
04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
It's day three for me today. The first two days were rough, extreme headaches and lack of energy today though I feel great. Im excited for my first weigh in on Tuesday especially seeing the results others have had on this diet.

Eden10
04-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum! I was searching the web for information and support for IP and didn't find much of anything! I've just finished my first week. It didn't go so well. I cheated a little bit. And I was hungry and I thought the sweet packets were way too sweet and the savory packets too salty! As someone else said, I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veggies, and also the 8oz of meat. And, my coach isn't very coach-like. So, I don't want to discourage anyone, by sharing this, but it's where I'm at.
Any encouragement or advice is appreciated! Again, I'm so happy to have found this site!

Ruth Ann
04-10-2014, 10:08 PM
It's day three for me today. The first two days were rough, extreme headaches and lack of energy today though I feel great. Im excited for my first weigh in on Tuesday especially seeing the results others have had on this diet.

Welcome! The first few days are the roughest. Make sure you're getting enough salt, that really helps with the headaches. Put some on your hand and lick it off followed by a big glass of water - works wonders. Don't worry - your body will adapt soon and you'll feel much better.

Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum! I was searching the web for information and support for IP and didn't find much of anything! I've just finished my first week. It didn't go so well. I cheated a little bit. And I was hungry and I thought the sweet packets were way too sweet and the savory packets too salty! As someone else said, I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veggies, and also the 8oz of meat. And, my coach isn't very coach-like. So, I don't want to discourage anyone, by sharing this, but it's where I'm at.
Any encouragement or advice is appreciated! Again, I'm so happy to have found this site!

Hi Eden - this is a great board for tips, encouragement, recipes, etc., etc. Check out the daily chat for tons of information.

I felt the same as you when I first started but my tastes changed as I went along. Once you get through the initial few days and your body adapts to ketosis your palate changes some. Look at the recipe threads for ideas to make some packets taste better. You'll find your favorites as you go along and some things that you didn't like to start with you'll like later on.

The first week you can add an extra packet if you need it and lots of people use a couple of egg whites too. Drinking hot decaf tea can help too - for some reason hot stuff makes you feel fuller. And, of course, be sure to get a lot of water in - many times when you feel hungry you really are thirsty.

Look at the "fun with veggie purees thread" (link in the first post of the daily chat) for great ways to get your veggies in with less volume. And try different ways of cooking them - roasting is my favorite! 2 cups of spinach cooks down to a very little bit.

You can break your 8 oz of protein up and have a couple of ounces at lunch and then 6 at dinner (or whatever works for you). Make sure you're getting your oil in too.

Finally, you can eat all the lettuce you can handle. My test for hunger is: does lettuce sound appetizing? If not, I'm probably not really hungry, just wanting to munch.

Stick to the phase 1 sheet and you'll get awesome results. I would never have believed I could lose this much weight in less than a year, but I did it!

LakeLover
04-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi all, I'm LakeLover. I started IP on March 11th and had to take a little more than a week off the program due to a lumpectomy and breast lift on March 31st (I was exhausted and nauseous after surgery, and just needed "real food") but I've lost about 13 pounds since then. I am utterly thrilled - I've been on Weight Watchers forever and have long suspected that carbohydrates are like fat magnets for me. I'm excited to be here and look forward to learning more, and hopefully, contributing :)

Ruth Ann
04-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi all, I'm LakeLover. I started IP on March 11th and had to take a little more than a week off the program due to a lumpectomy and breast lift on March 31st (I was exhausted and nauseous after surgery, and just needed "real food") but I've lost about 13 pounds since then. I am utterly thrilled - I've been on Weight Watchers forever and have long suspected that carbohydrates are like fat magnets for me. I'm excited to be here and look forward to learning more, and hopefully, contributing :)

Welcome! Sounds like you are right back on track after your surgery - good for you for getting right back at it! And congrats on your loss!

I like your description of carbs as "fat magnets." The more I learn the more I am sure that I will have to moderate carbs forever. I can live with that if it means that I stay healthy and at a good weight!

booklover811
04-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello all! I stated IP 3 weeks ago and am finally getting around to introducing myself. I'm loving the results from my first 3 weeks (-18.2) and it is so motivating to see results immediately. People are starting to notice a difference and comment too, which is also great. I absolutely love this site and I think you all know more than my coach! Thank you so much in advanced for all the help I'm sure I will get here :)

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Hello all! I stated IP 3 weeks ago and am finally getting around to introducing myself. I'm loving the results from my first 3 weeks (-18.2) and it is so motivating to see results immediately. People are starting to notice a difference and comment too, which is also great. I absolutely love this site and I think you all know more than my coach! Thank you so much in advanced for all the help I'm sure I will get here :)

Welcome and congrats on the great losses - that is wonderful!

This is a great site for motivation, ideas, support and recipes. Poke around the stickies or the first post of the daily chat - lots of great information.

JLUS
04-13-2014, 07:50 PM
WELCOME to all new IPers!

3sisters
04-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone! I am a 'returning' IPer. Was on IP a few years ago and I'm embarrassed to say I quit, nowhere near my goal. I am sick of having my weight rule my life. All of my thoughts and conversations revolve around dieting.....yet I am still no nearer my goal (actually farther from it) than I was when I quit. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I'm re-upping and have made a new commitment to myself. I would like to look to the many successful, senior members who've been through it and have come out the other side! :) . What would be your top 3 'rules' for yourself that kept you on track? And/or, what would be your top 3 pieces of advice to newcomers wanting to find success on IP? Thanks in advance.

texaslady39
04-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Hello, I started IP on 4/9/14. Today is day 5 and I have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm finding that I am not hungry and I am starting to get used to the sort of strange protein taste of the food. So far, so good!

kceleste05
04-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to have found this site where I can talk to others that are on this same program! Hooray!

I recently started IP this past Monday (4/7/14) and am going in for my first weigh in tomorrow! This week was tough at first because I was surrounded by cravings (potluck at church, birthday party with tons of food, etc), but I made it without cheating. Yay!! I am unsure if I lost anything, but I am feeling so much better already. My cravings are nearly gone too, so that is a definite plus!

Can't wait to experience the rest of this journey! :)

Ruth Ann
04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone! I am a 'returning' IPer. Was on IP a few years ago and I'm embarrassed to say I quit, nowhere near my goal. I am sick of having my weight rule my life. All of my thoughts and conversations revolve around dieting.....yet I am still no nearer my goal (actually farther from it) than I was when I quit. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I'm re-upping and have made a new commitment to myself. I would like to look to the many successful, senior members who've been through it and have come out the other side! :) . What would be your top 3 'rules' for yourself that kept you on track? And/or, what would be your top 3 pieces of advice to newcomers wanting to find success on IP? Thanks in advance.

Welcome back! My best advice is to read, read and read some more on the board - so many wise people who have the determination to make IP work. And plan, plan and plan some more. It makes all the difference.

Hello, I started IP on 4/9/14. Today is day 5 and I have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm finding that I am not hungry and I am starting to get used to the sort of strange protein taste of the food. So far, so good!

Great loss texaslady39! Congrats! The food does sort of grow on you. And some things you hated in the beginning you will find you like later on. Be sure and look at the recipe links in the first post of the daily chat - lots of way to spice them up and bake with them that completely changes the flavor.

IPCali
04-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to have found this site where I can talk to others that are on this same program! Hooray!

I recently started IP this past Monday (4/7/14) and am going in for my first weigh in tomorrow! This week was tough at first because I was surrounded by cravings (potluck at church, birthday party with tons of food, etc), but I made it without cheating. Yay!! I am unsure if I lost anything, but I am feeling so much better already. My cravings are nearly gone too, so that is a definite plus!

Can't wait to experience the rest of this journey! :)

Welcome, K Celeste!

Can't wait to hear how GREAT you do at the first weigh in!

Making it through all that without cheating is a great non-scale victory!

(NSV)

Getting my cravings gone through IP has been a God send to me!

IPCali
04-14-2014, 01:05 AM

Welcome, Texas Lady!

7 lbs in 5 days is AMAZING!!

You should be super proud of yerself!

I'm not hungry either.

IP is amazing.

IPCali
04-14-2014, 01:19 AM

Welcome, Eden!

First of all, I am very surprised that IP didn't come up too much in a web search.

I lost over 20 lbs in my first 24 days, so I am stunned and ecstatic with IP.

I feel like IP got me out of a prison of weight gain, diet failure, and despair.

So in a couple of years I think the web will be filled with IP praises.

I think you'll find that by the end of week three that you'll be in ketosis and it won't matter what the food tastes like.

I just eat now to follow the protocol. I don't care about the food. How it tastes.

Now...that is a MIRACLE of freedom for me.

I'm glad you found this site too, Eden...

All the best to you!

IPCali
04-14-2014, 01:22 AM

Hi Book Lover,

Looks like we started close to the same day.

I can't believe how immediate IP results are.

CONGRATS on the -18.2!!

I love this site too!

No coach could EVER compare with this group of IP diet stars!!

Anyhow, I am a book lover too.

What kind of books do you like?

My favorite are books on natural health. To me they read like spy novels!

IlliniFan
04-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Newbie here. finding this pretty darn easy. Would love to make a veggie soup, but without tomato juice as base, not sure how to make it. Ideas? Would love to have online buddies!

IPCali
04-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Newbie here. finding this pretty darn easy. Would love to make a veggie soup, but without tomato juice as base, not sure how to make it. Ideas? Would love to have online buddies!

Hi Illini Fan,

Welcome!

I am finding this pretty darn easy too. I just finished day 29 and lost over 21 lbs.

I am in shock since I am a former dieting FAILURE!

Hopefully someone with a good veggie soup recipe will pony up!

Chrztina
04-16-2014, 12:30 AM

Hi! For soup, I'd boil some chicken breasts or thighs, use the broth for the base and then add your veggies. Season as needed.

rlovern51
04-16-2014, 09:28 AM
I am new to Ideal Protein diet. I am 63 and have never dieted but at 5'2" and 185lbs it is time. I am trying this for 2 weeks for free from the provider but the breakfast and lunch provided options are a bit bizarre. I was given a variety of things to try the first week. I haven't found much that is good tasting but it is only day 2 so I am going to stick it out and hope to find something ok to eat. I want to be healthy!

lisa32989
04-16-2014, 10:53 AM
I am new to Ideal Protein diet. I am 63 and have never dieted but at 5'2" and 185lbs it is time. I am trying this for 2 weeks for free from the provider but the breakfast and lunch provided options are a bit bizarre. I was given a variety of things to try the first week. I haven't found much that is good tasting but it is only day 2 so I am going to stick it out and hope to find something ok to eat. I want to be healthy!
Welcome!
What are the "bizzare" items? Perhaps some of us can help you find ways to make them palatable. In the first post daily chat, you'll find links for recipes and packet hacks. Maybe they will help. They sure help me!

JLUS
04-16-2014, 05:13 PM

Welcome! Yes, do share what items you are trying and we can perhaps help with ideas for enjoying them.

Also MANY people find that as they "detox" from sugars, salt, fats, etc associated with much of the prepared foods we are used to eating, that their palate changes. Things that were "awful" in the first couple weeks sometimes end up being a favorite a few weeks later!

Also, some people are satisfied to find two or three favorites and eat them over and over (but if you get bored, you will do better with variety and some good recipes to help out!)

sequoiamus
04-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Greetings!
I started IP 3 weeks ago and I'm down 11.2lbs. I lost 35lbs on Weight Watchers in 2012 and then spent the next 18 months gaining and losing the same 10lbs. LOL My WW starting weight was 205 but I started my profile here at my IP starting weight of 181.6.

I am very happy with my weight loss on IP though I am a little concerned as I have not lost many inches and I've lost over 5lbs of muscle mass. I am a heavy gym user; in fact I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer. I did not workout the first two weeks but went back to the gym during week 3 and cut back my intensity a little bit. I'm pretty sure I need to back off my workouts even more which I really, really do not want to do. In any case getting the weight off once and for all is my primary goal with IP so if I absolutely have to cut further back I'm willing to knowing that it will be temporary. I've searched older posts in this forum and there's a lot of confusion with regards to exercise. It's not clear if I should try not to get my heart rate too high or not lift weights or both or..... ? I'll keep looking through older posts but if anyone wants to chime in here that would be awesome!

Looking forward to engaging with this forum.

Sully1961
04-16-2014, 06:33 PM
I started the IP program two weeks ago and just found this forum on the weekend. I have been sticking to the protocol for the past two weeks and I lost 2 lbs my first week. When I reviewed my diary I realized I was consuming two tbsp of oil rather than one and I was consuming a restricted item everyday. I have cut back on the oil and tried a few recipes, as well as drinking lots and lots of herbal tea to curb my appetite. I still feel 'hungry' throughout the day but I am pushing through the hunger and drinking more water. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and fingers crossed that I will see some movement on the scale :)
Love reading the posts here for the encouragement, inspiration and all the tips and recipes.

JLUS
04-16-2014, 06:55 PM
I started the IP program two weeks ago and just found this forum on the weekend. I have been sticking to the protocol for the past two weeks and I lost 2 lbs my first week. When I reviewed my diary I realized I was consuming two tbsp of oil rather than one and I was consuming a restricted item everyday. I have cut back on the oil and tried a few recipes, as well as drinking lots and lots of herbal tea to curb my appetite. I still feel 'hungry' throughout the day but I am pushing through the hunger and drinking more water. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and fingers crossed that I will see some movement on the scale :)
Love reading the posts here for the encouragement, inspiration and all the tips and recipes.

You ARE allowed one restricted per day so you set FINE on that part! The nutrition of the plan is built to allow 2 unrestricted and one restricted per day, so no worries.

Be sure to put your oil ON your food because cooking with it leaves lots in the pan and you don't benefit.

JLUS
04-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Greetings!
I started IP 3 weeks ago and I'm down 11.2lbs. I lost 35lbs on Weight Watchers in 2012 and then spent the next 18 months gaining and losing the same 10lbs. LOL My WW starting weight was 205 but I started my profile here at my IP starting weight of 181.6.

I am very happy with my weight loss on IP though I am a little concerned as I have not lost many inches and I've lost over 5lbs of muscle mass. I am a heavy gym user; in fact I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer. I did not workout the first two weeks but went back to the gym during week 3 and cut back my intensity a little bit. I'm pretty sure I need to back off my workouts even more which I really, really do not want to do. In any case getting the weight off once and for all is my primary goal with IP so if I absolutely have to cut further back I'm willing to knowing that it will be temporary. I've searched older posts in this forum and there's a lot of confusion with regards to exercise. It's not clear if I should try not to get my heart rate too high or not lift weights or both or..... ? I'll keep looking through older posts but if anyone wants to chime in here that would be awesome!

Post this on the Daily Chat and you will get way more responses since so many IPers read that and regularly respond!

BarbieBoston
04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi all, as you can imagine its a somber yes uplifting week here. I've been lurking a bit waiting for my coach appointment etc but I'm ready to make this the year
5.4 and 235. First goal 25 lbs by June 20. Hope that is reasonable. Not sure how to do the fancy goal line but I will research.
Happy to join. Here we go!:carrot:

kkimberlee
04-16-2014, 09:23 PM
I used IP 4 years ago...lost 30 lbs and have gained 60 as of now. :'( So I'm back because I KNOW IT WORKS! And the first time I used it I cheated and never exercised, but still lost pounds. This time I am in a better mindset about the process and cannot wait to begin exercising once I am allowed! I will be receiving all of my IP 1st month supplies tomorrow and will officially start the program on Friday. I am so happy there is a support forum! I'll post my one week results the following Friday. I am so excited!!! :D

Chrztina
04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Greetings!

Here is a good Exercise thread - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205608-exercise-32.html

I gathered that it's best to keep your workouts at a low intensity/conversational/non-sweating level.

Rather than running, I think I'm going to start a yoga routine (as soon as my initial 2 weeks are up) while on Phase 1.

NaeNae2113
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi Everyone, I just started IP yesterday. I am finding this plan to be extremely easy. It is so inspirational to see the success that you all have had!! I am extremely excited to start seeing the same fabulous results!! Best wishes to all of you on you journey!!

cooksaloty
04-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Okay, I'm a little confused with this diet and am wondering what's the cheapest route to go with this. Phase 1 says a lot of "Ideal Protein Food" Can I just drink protein powder in place of buying some expensive ideal protein food?

JLUS
04-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Okay, I'm a little confused with this diet and am wondering what's the cheapest route to go with this. Phase 1 says a lot of "Ideal Protein Food" Can I just drink protein powder in place of buying some expensive ideal protein food?

To follow IP, you would either need to purchase IP packets (food items) OR purchase alternative products that align within the IP nutritional parameters. Go to the thread Alternative Products That Can Be Used in P1. The second post on page one gives you the nutritional stats you need to follow. Then start reading he thread to learn more about selecting alternatives, product ideas and where to order. My favorite is Nashua Nutrition, but there are lots of places, including a few limited items from Walmart, Target, Costco, GNC, etc. On line you will find TONS more options.

After reading, keep asking questions if you need help. Post in the Daily Chat and/or Alternative thread for most responses, especially from lots of experienced people who have been doing this for awhile!

IP43
04-18-2014, 12:09 AM

I make "fridge bottom soup" which is whatever is left in the crisper. It is never the same twice but always good. I just boil the heck out of a bunch of veggies, let it cool, and puree them. Good things about this:
-- if you want a broth based, get some no salt added Campbell's broth, add a bit of your veggies that are not pureed too fine, some chicken and you have a delish soup that is chunky and yummy.

-- if you want a "creamier" soup, add the broc/cheese IP pack,mushroom, or leek soup base to your puree. This adds a really nice flavour to the puree and makes a huge quantity. I tend to break this into smaller chunks and consider it a "half pack" per serving. This gives me more to snack on later if I need an extra snack, or want to have a small bowl of soup with my supper.

-- If I've used up my packets, then the puree by itself is filling and my veggie servings, with no IP usage

I love soups -- soooo good!

evemomma
04-18-2014, 02:51 AM
Good (VERY) early morning!

I am a newbie to the IP plan and just finished day 2. I have had a very good experience so far with no hunger at all, but am having terrible insomnia...:?:I've read in some archived posts that this seems to be pretty normal. Any advice on how to help is appreciated!

I have 35 lbs to lose to get to my pre-kids weight. I was actually back to normal weight with my first son, but had a very difficult pregnancy with my boy/girl twins 4 years ago. Unfortunately, my twin son was stillborn. I have not bounced back body-wise since then. My survivor twin daughter turned 4 on Monday, and I started IP on Tuesday...rough week.

I am so happy to have found this community, and have been reading past posts for a week before I started this plan. I am seriously addicted to carbs and have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. My coach has not been too clear on when to take my Cytomel (T3 hormone) vs. supplements.

I keep worrying that I am doing something wrong since I am not experiencing any hunger. Do most of you weigh your veggies? I have been using a measuring cup and eyeing it.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone!

JLUS
04-18-2014, 07:55 AM

I am a newbie to the IP plan and just finished day 2. I have had a very good experience so far with no hunger at all, but am having terrible insomnia...:?:I've read in some archived posts that this seems to be pretty normal. Any advice on how to help is appreciated!

I have 35 lbs to lose to get to my pre-kids weight. I was actually back to normal weight with my first son, but had a very difficult pregnancy with my boy/girl twins 4 years ago. Unfortunately, my twin son was stillborn. I have not bounced back body-wise since then. My survivor twin daughter turned 4 on Monday, and I started IP on Tuesday...rough week.

I am so happy to have found this community, and have been reading past posts for a week before I started this plan. I am seriously addicted to carbs and have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. My coach has not been too clear on when to take my Cytomel (T3 hormone) vs. supplements.

I keep worrying that I am doing something wrong since I am not experiencing any hunger. Do most of you weigh your veggies? I have been using a measuring cup and eyeing it.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone!

WELCOME!

I don't know anything about Hashimotos but since it is thyroid-related I just wanted to ask if your Dr well-versed in IP and knows you are doing it. A lot of products are heavy in Soy which can be harsh on the thyroid. We DO have very successful IPers who avoid ALL the products with soy (which limits IP choices) and have found non-soy alternatives to use.

This may NOT apply you out, but if you want more info and feedback, post in Daily Chat and you will get lots more info from people who know far more than I do!

lisa32989
04-18-2014, 08:26 AM
You meant 2tsp, correct? (Not 2 Tbsp)
And 1-2 tsp oil per day is the protocol. So is a restricted per day.
I've read LOTS that it isn't fat that makes us fat. Watch the carbs like a hawk.

I am a newbie to the IP plan and just finished day 2. I have had a very good experience so far with no hunger at all, but am having terrible insomnia...:?:I've read in some archived posts that this seems to be pretty normal. Any advice on how to help is appreciated!.

I measure in a Pyrex measuring cup

Check with your DOCTOR on your meds, rather than your coach. Your pharmacist will also give good input. There are many supplements that interfere with absorption. Most coaches aren't trained to answer such questions.

Read ingredients carefully. More and more is being learned about gluten's contribution to hashimotos. I'm soy protein and gluten-free due to recently developed hypo.

Your lack of hunger and insomnia are Ketosis symptoms.

evemomma
04-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Thaks for the adivice JLUS and Lisa32989!

My coach is actually in my doctor's office, so she was going to check with him about the med protocol. Very interesting about soy. I know that my endocrinologist has wanted me to be low carb since being diagnosed.

My Hashis isn't very severe yet. In fact, I am not even taking Synthroid yet b/c my T4 levels are still within normal range, I just have extremely high anitbodies and a lot of hypo symptoms already. Hoping to avoid total thyroid meltdown with cytomel. Have even done some reading about people like me who can reverse hypo numbers with this diet.

Right now, I am taking my cytomel and mag/cal several hours apart. Unfortunately, I have to take both two times a day...so I feel like I run out of hours to get everything in!

donna123somer
04-20-2014, 06:06 AM
Im starting tomorrow and I hope this diet works for me. Im such a picky eater, so we'll see.:)