Ideal Protein Diet - Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Pages : 1 [2]

JLUS
04-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Im starting tomorrow and I hope this diet works for me. Im such a picky eater, so we'll see.:)

Welcome Donna!!

Check out the Daily Chat first post of each day for links to the recipe thread and you will find all sorts of ways to make veggies, hack packets into recipes, etc.

Also it is likely that after a few weeks on IP your tastes will start to change and things you didn't like at first might become favorites in a month or so. Don't write anything off too soon!

Ruth Ann
04-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Im starting tomorrow and I hope this diet works for me. Im such a picky eater, so we'll see.:)

Welcome!

A couple of things about being a "picky eater":

1. You aren't going to like all of the packets to begin with. But your tastes do change over time and I found that some I hated to begin with I actually liked later on. I never did learn to like the omelets. I never did like the banana pudding by itself but it's really good made into a chocolate banana bread.

2. Check out the recipe threads (see the first post of the daily chat for links). There are some great recipes and ways to use the packets that really make a difference.

3. Try new veggies and try cooking them differently. Who knew turnips were so good roasted or cooked up like hashbrowns?

Best of luck to you and be sure to ask any questions you have - the people here are awesome and very generous in sharing their knowledge!

Ruth Ann
04-20-2014, 07:48 AM
JLUS - I swear your post wasn't there when I started typing a response! Are we channeling each other again?

bpbo
04-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Starting Ideal Protein tomorrow for the second time...Really need a buddy. The program works. I lost 68 pounds but have since regained it and it is all due to not continuing the weight loss the way I knew I needed to. No make wrong...it just is what it is. Would really love to have the companionship with you gals and motivation to make this happen. LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!!

JLUS
04-20-2014, 08:02 AM
JLUS - I swear your post wasn't there when I started typing a response! Are we channeling each other again?

We MUST be!

:D. :D

Ruth Ann
04-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Starting Ideal Protein tomorrow for the second time...Really need a buddy. The program works. I lost 68 pounds but have since regained it and it is all due to not continuing the weight loss the way I knew I needed to. No make wrong...it just is what it is. Would really love to have the companionship with you gals and motivation to make this happen. LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!!

Welcome bpbo and congrats on restarting!

Everyone here can be your buddy! This is a great community and so supportive. Check out the daily chat, the recipe threads, etc. and hop right onto any thread that interests you - someone is usually around who can give you a pep talk or suggestions.

I don't know what I would have done this past year without all the support I received here - it made losing weight so much easier to have people who understood how hard it was and the tricks our minds play on us to chat with.

Sounds like you have your mind made up to do this - good for you! You'll do great.

Eowyn
04-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Hello Everyone,
My name is Brandy and I am a newbie to the whole online post forum for weight loss. I have struggled with my weight for 20 years and I know it is time to nip it in the bud. I am hoping to start the IP diet this week. I met with my family doctor this week but she wants my GI doctor to sign off on the doctor since I have Crohn's disease. I have used the threads on these pages to help set up my own plan until I can start. I have found tons of recipes on here so I may just have my doctor monitor me and do the food myself. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Should I eat the IP food? Or do it myself?

I look forward to chatting with everyone! Hope you had a great Easter.

Eowyn
04-20-2014, 10:58 PM
JLUS, Thanks for the post. I am in the same position and trying to figure things out. I will check out the alternates.

IP43
04-20-2014, 11:30 PM
I have done both and if I had a recommendation, it would be to start with IP if you can afford it. Once you have been using the program for awhile, you'll feel more comfortable using alternatives. The system is set up as a no-brainer and to start, having the IP things was helpful to me. As I became more familiar with the products, I found out which ones I could switch over to, and which ones I wanted to keep buying from my coach. I had a nice coach and really enjoyed going to see her, getting new info, having my weigh in -- it made me more accountable.
To each their own. Many people use the alternatives no problem. For me though, I didn't know enough about the diet at the start to use alternatives.
Now I am thinking of restarting tomorrow, and I know I can do this with alternatives. I still may go see my coach for those things I like that are harder to find in alternative form.
Best of luck -- just keep checking in and don't hesitate to ask if you need help. Lots of great people on here have more knowledge than many coaches by now!~

Deepblue
04-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi, my name is Lali. I have started today with Ip . I did it before, a couple of years ago, but did not finish it well and since then I have regained the weight and more. I have been trying to diet on my own for the last few months and I managed to lose some weight but it is not enough for what I really need to lose. I don't know why but I have not felt any dizziness or anything during my first day. I had a chocolate shake for breakfast, an IP chicken soup with two cups of broccoli , some chocolate soya puffs for snack and I still haven't eaten supper. I had my supplements too.
I need to lose about 46 pounds desperately. I turned 40 almost a year ago and since then it's been very depressing looking at me in the mirror. I look old and sludgy, tired...horrible!:mad:
I am very excited to have found this forum, I have been reading it for two days in a row :dizzy: and it has so many ideas !
Thank you very much to everyone! ;)

alienoreo
04-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Hello everyone! I just started IP last Wednesday, April 15. I am 45 and this is my first intentional diet. Until my mid-30s, I was quite thin (unhappily so as I had no real girl curves). Then some health events and life changes happened and I've been hovering around 170 for several years. I wasn't unhappy with my weight, but I'm very unhappy with my belly and double-chin. I didn't plan on dieting because I really believe in enjoying what makes you happy and I love fruit, pasta, potatoes, and especially coffee creamer. Yes, I could eat that stuff by the spoonful and I have.

I have been doing some curriculum design for a local IP clinic owned by a friend, and I don't know what came over me but I thought I would understand the curriculum better if I tried doing this myself. So I got my initial measurements and labs on Wednesday and have been completely OP since.

As of this morning, I have lost five pounds (in five days). I know that is mostly water weight but the Ketostix test says I'm in ketosis so I must be burning some fat too! I haven't been hungry except in the morning (which is good, because I was not a breakfast-eater). However, I have been very dizzy, weak, tired, and forgetful for the past three days. I expected that, though.

I am surprised at the lack of hunger. I am having 2 meals and 3 Meal replacements every day; whereas I used to gulp down some yogurt at mid-morning, eat a very delicious and totally unhealthy lunch full of carbs and fats, then pizza or the like for dinner if I remembered to eat. Ice cream, pie, or cookies several times a week. Never have been real big on protein.

So this is a pretty big change. I have 30 pounds to lose and my biggest concern is how I will be able to maintain the weight loss because I just cannot imagine a world without chocolate chip cookies, cherry pie, and Lucky Charms. Maybe I won't even want that stuff when I'm done?

Here's to everyone else who's starting off on this adventure!

lynnemt
04-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Hi,
I am new to this website and usually I just read and learn. Since I am making new food decisions, I'm trying for some new behaviors as well. So here goes.....I started IP at the end of March. I lost 7 lbs. in 2 weeks. I missed weigh in this week because of a family get together. According to my scale, I am down 10 lbs. but we will see on Saturday what the IP scale reads. My biggest problem is eating everything on the plan. I continue to strive toward following all the rules. I am getting better with drinking water. I haven't had a diet soda in 3 weeks and that is amazing. I am having trouble eating enough veggies. I'm a picky eater and I don't like onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and several other veggies. Lettuce, cukes, and celery are my mainstay with some roasted asparagus for good measure.
I am excited to be part of a group with a common goal and I look forward to sharing and learning some of what has worked for others.
Oh, I have a high school class reunion in July so there is a bit of motivation in seeing class mates that I haven't seen in years.
Lynne

Ruth Ann
04-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Deepblue - Congrats on getting started again! I think I read here for a week - went through most of the old threads and learned so much.

alienoreo - This is a pretty amazing diet in terms of curbing hunger, etc. I have found that things I used to love (like all the stuff you mentioned!) don't really appeal to me any more. I'm in Phase 3 now and they still don't call to me like they used to. I think our tastebuds change - I enjoy the veggies and protein for dinner every bit as much (maybe more) than I enjoyed the pizza, burgers, etc., etc.

lynnemt - Congrats on the great losses! On the veggies - you may be surprised at what you like once you get further along. Things I thought I hated are now good. Be sure to read the recipe threads for really creative ways to cook veggies. I love roasting peppers or pretty much any veggie (well, maybe not cucumbers!). Try some new veggies too - it's amazing how many are out there that I had never thought of eating before.

mainemum
04-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and new to IP as well. I'm on day 3, and so far it is going better than I had expected. According to my scale I am down two pounds! (That is 2 out of 100+, so I am thrilled! 2lb gone!) I'm spending lots of time reading through the old threads, because I feel like there is a lot that I need to learn.

I have known about the program for years, because one of my friends is a coach. She is being really supportive of my weight loss, and she is giving me plan information and a resource for buying packets, but we are concerned that signing up for "Official Ideal Protein" with her office may not work for me. I have a list of food allergies that is as long as my arm. Many are foods that are excluded from the IP protocol anyway, so they aren't such a big deal. The problem is that because of my legume/soy allergy I can only have a few of the IP drink packets, no bars/rtd/puddings/crisps/etc. Her initial thought was that I would not be able to complete the program with so few choices. She is concerned that I will "burn out" or get bored. She recommended that I work up a plan using the IP "theory", but substituting protein supplements that will meet my allergy needs. I was thrilled to see that so many people are doing this exact thing, and having great success!

While I understand her thinking, I think that I will stick with the IP drink packets for a few weeks. It may be boring, but I feel like I have a lot to learn before I venture out on my own!

Thanks for being such a great resource! Glad to "meet" you all!

JLUS
04-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and new to IP as well. I'm on day 3, and so far it is going better than I had expected. According to my scale I am down two pounds! (That is 2 out of 100+, so I am thrilled! 2lb gone!) I'm spending lots of time reading through the old threads, because I feel like there is a lot that I need to learn.

I have known about the program for years, because one of my friends is a coach. She is being really supportive of my weight loss, and she is giving me plan information and a resource for buying packets, but we are concerned that signing up for "Official Ideal Protein" with her office may not work for me. I have a list of food allergies that is as long as my arm. Many are foods that are excluded from the IP protocol anyway, so they aren't such a big deal. The problem is that because of my legume/soy allergy I can only have a few of the IP drink packets, no bars/rtd/puddings/crisps/etc. Her initial thought was that I would not be able to complete the program with so few choices. She is concerned that I will "burn out" or get bored. She recommended that I work up a plan using the IP "theory", but substituting protein supplements that will meet my allergy needs. I was thrilled to see that so many people are doing this exact thing, and having great success!

While I understand her thinking, I think that I will stick with the IP drink packets for a few weeks. It may be boring, but I feel like I have a lot to learn before I venture out on my own!

Thanks for being such a great resource! Glad to "meet" you all!

There are several here with soy and other allergies who started with the IP packets they could use, and just repeatedly used them... Until they felt comfortable with the whole IP protocol. THEN they ventured out looking for other alternatives that fit the IP profile.

Keep reading here, visit he daily chat and alternative threads and you will connect with them as excellent resources!

Cath138
04-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi :-)
It's my second time on IP. I intend to go throughout all the phases this time :-) just need to kick that peanut butter addiction -_- is it normal to lose less the second time around?

GottaGolfGirl
04-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi! I've got to lose weight for the golf season so that I can swing the club around myself, and I'm going to Hawaii in August. Looking forward to the Ideal Protein program, which can be rapid when done correctly.

mainemum
04-23-2014, 10:57 AM
There are several here with soy and other allergies who started with the IP packets they could use, and just repeatedly used them... Until they felt comfortable with the whole IP protocol. THEN they ventured out looking for other alternatives that fit the IP profile.

Keep reading here, visit he daily chat and alternative threads and you will connect with them as excellent resources!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

RoseWinter
04-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi there
I just started the IP diet with the packaged food & supplements and have found it really hard. I get really hungry after lunch and have had to have the extra drink that they have allowed me for week 1. I don't have a problem with dinner because it is so much protein and then you get the snack as well usually quite closesly together because Im trying to finish eating for the day by 8pm. I have my first weigh in tomorrow but I have had so many sugar cravings still, I think because unfortunately my periods started during this week.

NaeNae2113
04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi there
I just started the IP diet with the packaged food & supplements and have found it really hard. I get really hungry after lunch and have had to have the extra drink that they have allowed me for week 1. I don't have a problem with dinner because it is so much protein and then you get the snack as well usually quite closesly together because Im trying to finish eating for the day by 8pm. I have my first weigh in tomorrow but I have had so many sugar cravings still, I think because unfortunately my periods started during this week.
Hi RoseWinter I stated IP on April 16th I had the same problem the first few days. On those days I moved the evening snack to about 2 hours after lunch and then ate my dinner 2 hours after that. It worked really well for me. I have no hunger or cravings now day 9. I have my first weight in tonight and haven't weighed in at home. Hope I have done well!! Good Luck to you and I hope your sugar cravings stop soon.!!

prisspot
04-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi Lisa,
I am thinking about the ideal protein thing. I came across your pic and post on the forum and wanted to congratulate you on your success. You are an inspiration! I don't know where to start with this. I am insulin resistant and have an awful time losing weight. I crave the carbs like crazy and I know that's totally off limits. My son is getting married in November and I must lose this weight! I however, am not one with unlimited funds, lol, so...I was wondering if there is an alternative to the IP program and if you might coach me along here and there when I have questions? :?:

Thanking you in advance.

SophieLT
04-24-2014, 05:25 PM

Hi, my name is Lali. I have started today with Ip . I did it before, a couple of years ago, but did not finish it well and since then I have regained the weight and more. I have been trying to diet on my own for the last few months and I managed to lose some weight but it is not enough for what I really need to lose. I don't know why but I have not felt any dizziness or anything during my first day. I had a chocolate shake for breakfast, an IP chicken soup with two cups of broccoli , some chocolate soya puffs for snack and I still haven't eaten supper. I had my supplements too.
I need to lose about 46 pounds desperately. I turned 40 almost a year ago and since then it's been very depressing looking at me in the mirror. I look old and sludgy, tired...horrible!:mad:
I am very excited to have found this forum, I have been reading it for two days in a row :dizzy: and it has so many ideas !
Thank you very much to everyone! ;)

Hi :-)
It's my second time on IP. I intend to go throughout all the phases this time :-) just need to kick that peanut butter addiction -_- is it normal to lose less the second time around?

I'm in the same boat as well. Did IP back in 2011 and lost 80 lbs. Went back to exactly the same eating habits and gained all back except for 10 lbs. So, here I am again but with a different mind set. I am going to have a game plan on how to maintain. This time will be different.

Fearciuil
05-04-2014, 11:16 AM
bump

ChipnDip
05-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I've been on IP for about three months. These boards have helped me tremendously. DH tried to join me with alts and after 11 days and on,y 1 pound gone, he gave up. I spoke to the person I bought the protidiet stuff from and she was very helpful suggesting we up his packages to 6 in the first week. He may have struggled because his body went into starvation mode. He has agreed to reboot tmo. Fingers crossed, I hope it works this time!

momotrips3
05-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Just wanted to check in here. I just started IP 5/1/14 and am very excited. I saw a couple of friends that I haven't seen in a while and they were slivers of their former selves - positively thin! I didn't even recognize one of them - literally. These were ladies with quite a bit to lose and a man that is considered a big bear. Just amazing. Another acquaintance started an IP clinic almost a year ago and has been having wonderful success! I HAD to pay her a visit since she was changing the lives of people I know left and right. I know this is a very strict protocol, but see that it is made easier because the results are instantaneous. Since I know all of these people through a religious/social community, I know that we will all be able to support one another even after the weight is gone - maintenance is where we'll really need to lean on one another. After seeing these several people, several more have started IP or have appointments to start in the near future. The woman who runs the clinic says it is really a mission and a ministry to her to give people the tools to take back their lives. So cool! I'm thrilled to get any more information anywhere I can so I don't nag my counselor to death! Happy to be here!:D

collegestudent123
05-04-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm starting May 11th, the day after my birthday! I have about 25 pounds to lose, but I really just want to stick to this protocol without cheating. Im so excited and am looking forward to talking here with all of you.

Michelle36lbs
05-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I am just meeting with someone tomorrow to start the program. I'm really excited to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions on questions that I should ask my consultant tomorrow?? I don't want to forget anything. :)

Thanks a bunch.

IPColorado
05-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Good luck to you all -

Are you supposed to just weigh in each week with the coach, or is it ok to check every few days in between?

I just want to encourage all the newbies (I am one of them too!) - I am down 7 pounds and I still have a day before I weigh in for my first visit.

thanks,

IPColorado

ChipnDip
05-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Good luck to you all -

Are you supposed to just weigh in each week with the coach, or is it ok to check every few days in between?

I just want to encourage all the newbies (I am one of them too!) - I am down 7 pounds and I still have a day before I weigh in for my first visit.

thanks,

IPColorado

It is best to only weigh once a week so you don't get discouraged by the up and down. Many of us weigh more often. If you do, at least make sure it is the same time of day. Getting on the scale multiple times a day will mess with your mind! Only you know how it will effect your motivation. Also remember that some weeks pounds may be small but inches will still be lost and vice verse.

The first week weigh in is always exciting!

lizajuse
05-04-2014, 08:06 PM
I am a couple of days late introducing myself but HI!! I 29 years old, mama to one beautiful (almost) 2 yr old little girl, 3 dogs, and a bunny. DH and I will be married 3 yrs in the fall.
I live on an island 30 miles out to sea in New England, but hopefully will be transplanting soon to the Sunshine State!
I started IP because I want to lose weight. I feel like I've just let myself go, and, although my weight's fluctuated most of my life, I want to get to a point where I can keep the weight off and know that I'm doing it in a healthy way. For both my sake and my family's sake.
I have seen this diet working for people in my life from a variety of lifestyles - my boss and his wife who are in their late 50s/early 60s; several of my girlfriends who are in their mid 20s; and everyone in between. So I am excited to do this, stick with it, and eventually get to my goal weight of 110-115 lbs. I am 5'2" which would put me at my healthy BMI of 20/21. Currently I am 165, with a BMI of 30.2 (which puts me at obese, officially. and that scares me incredibly....)
So, here I go. I am on Day #4 of IP and I definitely have my struggling moments. I made it through my friend's bridal shower yesterday by the skin of my teeth (I wanted to eat every dessert there!) but I had some pieces of turkey breast and some cocktail shrimp instead.
Anyways, enough details. I just want to let you all know everyone so far in this forum has been incredibly encouraging. Thank you!! :hug:

Fearciuil
05-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm starting May 11th, the day after my birthday! I have about 25 pounds to lose, but I really just want to stick to this protocol without cheating. Im so excited and am looking forward to talking here with all of you.
Hello, and welcome!

I am just meeting with someone tomorrow to start the program. I'm really excited to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions on questions that I should ask my consultant tomorrow?? I don't want to forget anything. :)

Thanks a bunch.
Welcome! My suggestion is to decide where to write down the questions you think of between weigh-ins, because you will have some. Posting them here in the Daily Chat thread is a great way to get answers, but you might have questions you specifically want to ask your coach (I did the first few weeks!) I put my questions in my phone.

Good luck to you all -

thanks,

IPColorado
Welcome! Whether you weigh every day is going to have a lot to do with the way you react to the information. If it's the sort of thing that will cause you stress when you go up a bit (you will have days where you go up), then just do the weekly weigh-in.

lizajuse, welcome!

Ruth Ann
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers! You've found the best site for support, motivation and ways to make IP work!

Congrats to all of you for making a decision to lose weight - it's a really good gift to give to yourself.

Check out the recipe threads and jump into any threads that interest you. There's usually someone around to answer questions if you have them and the people here are really generous with their knowledge.

Again, welcome!

WJMONTE
05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey all! Wendy from Louisiana here! I've been reading for about two weeks now everything and every link on this board and it's overwhelmingly awesome. I plan to do the alternative IP program so I am making lists and checking sites and etc to order what I need to start soon. I'm one of those "tried every diet out there girls" and most work for a time period till I had my gallbladder out last year now nothing works. Hoping beyond hopes this one does.
Let's see about me: mom to two teenagers, been overweight my whole life, my job has long long hours and not many breaks so meals are thrown together mostly. Did I mention I make wedding cakes. Yes. Cakes. All day every day. Luckily I don't eat them (much) but stick bread and pasta in front of me and it's gone.
I hope I can find some buddies on here starting out like me. Without the clinics to report to accountability here would be awesome!!

WendyB

jgfromct
05-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Hi I'm two weeks in about to start 3rd. I'm down about 8 lbs and near my goal so almost ready to start Phase II. Cheated big time at a Bat Mitzvah Saturday --just went with it and got back on the bike the next day. No dire consequences

Ruth Ann
05-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Hey all! Wendy from Louisiana here! I've been reading for about two weeks now everything and every link on this board and it's overwhelmingly awesome. I plan to do the alternative IP program so I am making lists and checking sites and etc to order what I need to start soon. I'm one of those "tried every diet out there girls" and most work for a time period till I had my gallbladder out last year now nothing works. Hoping beyond hopes this one does.
Let's see about me: mom to two teenagers, been overweight my whole life, my job has long long hours and not many breaks so meals are thrown together mostly. Did I mention I make wedding cakes. Yes. Cakes. All day every day. Luckily I don't eat them (much) but stick bread and pasta in front of me and it's gone.
I hope I can find some buddies on here starting out like me. Without the clinics to report to accountability here would be awesome!!

WendyB

Welcome Wendy! I would imagine being around cakes all day they would become less tempting over time. I know when I worked in a restaurant I really didn't want to eat any of the food. Just smelling it all day turned me off of it.

You can have great success using alternative products! And the whole board can be your coach - there are some wonderful people here who share their experience and wisdom freely. I couldn't have done it without all of them. So feel free to ask any questions you have and don't forget to check out the links in the first post of the daily chat - so much good info.

Hi I'm two weeks in about to start 3rd. I'm down about 8 lbs and near my goal so almost ready to start Phase II. Cheated big time at a Bat Mitzvah Saturday --just went with it and got back on the bike the next day. No dire consequences

Congrats on almost being to goal. I'm always envious of the guys - they seem to lose so much faster!

MustLoveDogs45
05-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Hello Everyone .. I just started my IP Program May 1. I am hoping with my will power and this program I can reset my body and figure out how to lose this weight! I have been stalking all the posts ... Love to read about everyone and their success and struggles .. helps me think I am not in it alone!! Have a great Week.. Cheers!

ashjoy86
05-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I too was very thankful to find this site when I first started the diet. I finally decided to join the site instead of reading everyone else's posts! I just finished up week 10, but have been feeling a little discouraged about my slow weight loss...only down 19lbs.

The last two weeks have been tough, and I feel myself starting to stray from the strict routine I started out with. I need to keep motivated and I know this forum will help!!!

nettie1
05-06-2014, 02:43 AM
Hi....Just started March 28th. Feel like for not cheating that I should be losing more weight:(

ChipnDip
05-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Hi....Just started March 28th. Feel like for not cheating that I should be losing more weight:(

You have lost an average of 5 pounds a week. I would say that is pretty significant. I know we hear about the rapid weight loss of IP and all hope for the big first week losses every week but the body can only do so much. I have been told to expect 10 pounds a month and that is about what it is averaging out to. And that may slow down as I get closer to goal. I just know that on other programs I have not lost this amount of weight in such a short time.

Inspiredchick
05-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi All - So, I have been researching and reading. I had an initial appointment and had to reschedule for today as we ran out of time last night. I am very nervous about starting Ideal Protein but finally ready. I need to loose about 55 pounds and it seems overwhelming! I have been up and down the past 20 years and just can't seem to get it off and keep it off.

I am looking forward to learning this whole program and having support from others who "know the ropes". It seems overwhelming, but hey, if you can do it, so can I. I do executive coaching for my business so I have come to realize the power of support, accountability and encouragement as key to success in accomplishing any challenging goal. I can learn from others and sure can use your encouragement. Yay for taking the first step and starting tomorrow! :carrot:

canadjineh
05-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi All - So, I have been researching and reading. I had an initial appointment and had to reschedule for today as we ran out of time last night. I am very nervous about starting Ideal Protein but finally ready. I need to loose about 55 pounds and it seems overwhelming! I have been up and down the past 20 years and just can't seem to get it off and keep it off.

I am looking forward to learning this whole program and having support from others who "know the ropes". It seems overwhelming, but hey, if you can do it, so can I. I do executive coaching for my business so I have come to realize the power of support, accountability and encouragement as key to success in accomplishing any challenging goal. I can learn from others and sure can use your encouragement. Yay for taking the first step and starting tomorrow! :carrot:

Off to a good start & since you are in the 'coaching' business... you know what it takes! Remember to compare the amount that you wish to lose with the amount of pounds you wish to keep and you will see it's really not so bad! And, we are all here for your maintenance journey too, when you get there. :grouphug:

Liana

Inspiredchick
05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Nice to already have some encouragement, much appreciated. You look great, so happy to learn your tips and how you did it. Thanks much for the warm welcome!

I just need to figure out how to do the cool weight scale you all have on your posts.. LOL

dtbutler4
05-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone,

I just finished my first week on IP (started April 29, 2014)! I'm excited about this journey and plan to stay dedicated to my transformation into a healthier and more fit me!

GlitterSlayer
05-06-2014, 01:35 PM
So Yesterday I went to the Ideal Protein Open house. I was sold instantly. I've tried all kinds of diets. I've never kept the weight off. In fact my last diet was back in 2013 or maybe 2012 anyways I was at my all time high of 206lbs. Depressed and no motivation. My husband was feeling the same way. So we heard about a "magic pill" that would take all the fat and worry away. We were on board. did that for about a year. Lost 55lbs. I've managed to keep most of it off. Not on my own though. You see I had colorectal cancer 5 years back. So for years i've been dealing with the damage the chemo and radiation has done to my body. So for about 3 years now if I am totally honest. I've only been able to eat very little. Mostly rice. I would get so sick if I ate anything. Until recently . About a month ago and 15,000 dollars later my Dr. found somewhat of a cure. So I recently have been able to eat "real food" . But of course my body has been in starvation mode for year. Packing weight on little by little . So now I am so mixed up on what to eat I resort to quick fixes. Anyways Long story short. lol or long story longer. I have my appointment on Thursday. I am so excited. I've been watching youtube all morning. I need to learn how what and when to eat all over again. I need a fresh start. My body needs this fresh start. Looking forward to making new friends.
GLitter

http://swtc.lilyslim.com/0BvQbbw.png (http://lilyslim.com):goodvibes

joyloo
05-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Hello! I started IP April 16th. Almost 3 weeks in and I've lost 10 lbs so far. I've been reading posts here and blogs online to help keep myself focused and not feel so alone in this. Looking forward to to the support here! I need it!

bluegingham
05-07-2014, 07:26 AM

Congratulations & best of luck on your journey! The weeks will fly by and pretty soon you will wonder where all those extras pounds went!

JLUS
05-07-2014, 07:42 AM
NEW PHASE 1 sheet???

Was anyone given a sheet newer than Dec 2013? Someone told me they may have put one out. The date should be in the bottom corner.

NaeNae2113
05-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Hello! I started IP April 16th. Almost 3 weeks in and I've lost 10 lbs so far. I've been reading posts here and blogs online to help keep myself focused and not feel so alone in this. Looking forward to to the support here! I need it!

Hi Joyloo I also started IP on April 16th I have lost 9 lbs so far. My 3rd weigh in is on Thursday. I don't weigh at home so I'm not sure how much I have lost this week. I do know that my clothes fit me better and I feel great!! I have decided to only weigh once a week with my coach and just focus on following the plan and not stress about the day to day weight changes. I can see by all the success of the people on this forum that the plan works if you are true to it.
We can do this!!

GlitterSlayer
05-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone, Anyone planning on Blogging their new Ideal Protein life?

Mandus
05-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just started IP last Friday, have my weigh in tomorrow and I'm nervous!

I suffer from headaches and migraines and I thought IP would not only help me lose the weight I need, I can see if the headaches are from a vitamin deficiency, or from gluten or dairy or something.

I'm also excited about all the success stories on this forum. I didn't have issues staying OP all week and don't think I'll have many issues for a while, however I could see me getting bored with the limited options and I love all the tips and tricks other IPers have all over this place!

Maalaea
05-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi I started IP last Thursday- I'm loving these chat rooms, getting great tips and motivation for this new journey. I'm super excited to start loosing all this fat!

Maalaea
05-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Glitterslayer- I've been considering it, but I don't want it to be public at first, so I started it but haven't published yet

IPCali
05-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi I started IP last Thursday- I'm loving these chat rooms, getting great tips and motivation for this new journey. I'm super excited to start loosing all this fat!

Welcome Maalaea!

I hope you do great and that the fat goes AWAY!

:carrot:

IPCali
05-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just started IP last Friday, have my weigh in tomorrow and I'm nervous!

I suffer from headaches and migraines and I thought IP would not only help me lose the weight I need, I can see if the headaches are from a vitamin deficiency, or from gluten or dairy or something.

I'm also excited about all the success stories on this forum. I didn't have issues staying OP all week and don't think I'll have many issues for a while, however I could see me getting bored with the limited options and I love all the tips and tricks other IPers have all over this place!

Welcome, Mandus!

You did so great your first week! Congrats! :carrot:

I just love being off dairy. I actually feel 'clean' from head to toe

after 55 days of no dairy.

IP seems like the best diet on the planet!

IPCali
05-12-2014, 01:24 PM
So Yesterday I went to the Ideal Protein Open house. I was sold instantly. I've tried all kinds of diets. I've never kept the weight off. In fact my last diet was back in 2013 or maybe 2012 anyways I was at my all time high of 206lbs. Depressed and no motivation. My husband was feeling the same way. So we heard about a "magic pill" that would take all the fat and worry away. We were on board. did that for about a year. Lost 55lbs. I've managed to keep most of it off. Not on my own though. You see I had colorectal cancer 5 years back. So for years i've been dealing with the damage the chemo and radiation has done to my body. So for about 3 years now if I am totally honest. I've only been able to eat very little. Mostly rice. I would get so sick if I ate anything. Until recently . About a month ago and 15,000 dollars later my Dr. found somewhat of a cure. So I recently have been able to eat "real food" . But of course my body has been in starvation mode for year. Packing weight on little by little . So now I am so mixed up on what to eat I resort to quick fixes. Anyways Long story short. lol or long story longer. I have my appointment on Thursday. I am so excited. I've been watching youtube all morning. I need to learn how what and when to eat all over again. I need a fresh start. My body needs this fresh start. Looking forward to making new friends.
GLitter

http://swtc.lilyslim.com/0BvQbbw.png (http://lilyslim.com):goodvibes

Hi GlitterSlayer...

I hope you do great on this program. This is the best diet in the world.

:welcome:

IPCali
05-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I just finished my first week on IP (started April 29, 2014)! I'm excited about this journey and plan to stay dedicated to my transformation into a healthier and more fit me!

Welcome DTButler4!

Let's do this!

:welcome3:

mt360atx
05-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Hi, I am mary and new to IP and this site. Have been visiting this site for few days and loved it so much that decided to register.
Hope I can get my much needed support that I am not getting it from my family, especially the hubby.
looking forward to chat with you guys.

thanks

IPCali
05-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Hi, I am mary and new to IP and this site. Have been visiting this site for few days and loved it so much that decided to register.
Hope I can get my much needed support that I am not getting it from my family, especially the hubby.

thanks

Hi Mary,

:wel3fc:

You're going to LOVE IP and I believe your hubby will come around...

he'll see your happiness and new found freedom - then he won't care about ______ - is it the $$$ that's bothering him?

Have a great week!

:dust:

mt360atx
05-14-2014, 01:27 AM
IPCALI,
thanks, he doesn't really know the $$$ yet!!!have been paying cash so far. don't want him to know about $$ yet, LOL he doesn't believe in any diet, he thinks I should eat whatever I want and exercise 8 days a week LOL

Ruth Ann
05-14-2014, 08:01 AM
IPCALI,
thanks, he doesn't really know the $$$ yet!!!have been paying cash so far. don't want him to know about $$ yet, LOL he doesn't believe in any diet, he thinks I should eat whatever I want and exercise 8 days a week LOL

Hi Mary - if it comes up, be sure to tell him that diet is for weight loss, exercise is for overall health. Has he ever heard that "you can't outrun a bad diet"?

Seriously though, there's a lot of good information about this diet in the 1st page of the daily chat including Dr. Tran's book which helps explain the ideas behind it.

There a bunch of people here who have been avid exercisers long before they started the diet and still couldn't lose the weight.

IPCali
05-14-2014, 11:49 AM
IPCALI,

:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore:

Your INEVITABLE success is the ultimate persuader!

:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore:

drivera007
05-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone, I am new here as well. I have been on the IP for one week. I have lost 3 lbs. I am tired of being overweight and I am looking for support on this journey.

calypso58
05-14-2014, 09:52 PM

thanks

Hi Mary,
I'm in Austin too. If you need any advice on where to eat out and remain OP, just let me know. I think your success will convince your husband to give you more support. Good luck with your journey!

dangeron
05-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Hello all,
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have been reading this forum all the while. It has been a big help, esp recipes and seeing others success. I've lost 22 lbs, but I am still hungry all the time! I've been 100% OP since starting. Has anyone else had to deal with hunger this long?

readytolive
05-15-2014, 06:43 AM
I've been in and out of threads on here, but I thought I'd join in here. :)

I did IP about 2 years ago and had great success, but unfortunately, I've gained most of it back. I'm not doing that again! I'm blessed because my mother is doing it with me as well so we can motivate each other and help out with recipes.

Good luck to all!

lisa32989
05-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Hello all,
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have been reading this forum all the while. It has been a big help, esp recipes and seeing others success. I've lost 22 lbs, but I am still hungry all the time! I've been 100% OP since starting. Has anyone else had to deal with hunger this long?

This us a great thread for introductions. You might want to head to the 100% thread to get questions answered. Lots if knowledgeable people hang out there & the community is also in the daily thread.

Simple answer is that Ketosis can reduce hunger but doesn't always. Also we have to deal with behavioral changes. Many of us were used to eating anytime we wanted. Learning true hunger takes time.

dangeron
05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
This us a great thread for introductions. You might want to head to the 100% thread to get questions answered. Lots if knowledgeable people hang out there & the community is also in the daily thread.

Simple answer is that Ketosis can reduce hunger but doesn't always. Also we have to deal with behavioral changes. Many of us were used to eating anytime we wanted. Learning true hunger takes time.

Thanks, will look at those threads too :)

tracymc2308
05-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I started this program on April 28th, and I am so far down 7.4 lbs, and 8.5 inches. I go tomorrow to get weighed and measured. So far I haven't had any issues. I am excited to find different recipes and ideas from everyone:D

HeatherFeather54
05-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Greetings,
Heather here started ip on 5/6 . 36 and From Wi . Had my first weigh in today. Down 12.2 pounds!

IPCali
05-17-2014, 02:11 AM
Greetings,
Heather here started ip on 5/6 . 36 and From Wi . Had my first weigh in today. Down 12.2 pounds!

Heather - you must have REALLY followed the plan to have that kind of first week.

You're a rock star and you're going to have a super IP voyage!

:welcome:

IPCali
05-17-2014, 02:16 AM
I started this program on April 28th, and I am so far down 7.4 lbs, and 8.5 inches. I go tomorrow to get weighed and measured. So far I haven't had any issues. I am excited to find different recipes and ideas from everyone:D

Welcome, Tracy,

You must be super excited for your progress. That's a lot of inches in a short amount of time.

I see a closet purge in your future!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kellyc14
05-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Hi I'm new here! I started IP yesterday and have been reading all of the wonderful posts on here! I'm excited about my journey and thankful to have found this forum!!

Ruth Ann
05-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi I'm new here! I started IP yesterday and have been reading all of the wonderful posts on here! I'm excited about my journey and thankful to have found this forum!!

Welcome Kellyc and congrats on getting started! This is the best place for IP support, motivation, ideas, etc. Be sure to ask any questions you have and jump into any thread that interests you - the wonderful people here are super willing to share their experiences and knowledge.

Kellyc14
05-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Thank you Ruth Ann!! :-) at the moment I'm making my dinner menu for the week and grocery list. I'm trying to figure out meals that my husband would enjoy as we'll so I don't have to cook separate meals. I figure I can always feed him what I'm eating and throw in extras (bread, potatoes, rice) for him.

Do y'all prefer fresh veggies over frozen? I'm thinking frozen would be cheaper?

lisa32989
05-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Thank you Ruth Ann!! :-) at the moment I'm making my dinner menu for the week and grocery list. I'm trying to figure out meals that my husband would enjoy as we'll so I don't have to cook separate meals. I figure I can always feed him what I'm eating and throw in extras (bread, potatoes, rice) for him.

Do y'all prefer fresh veggies over frozen? I'm thinking frozen would be cheaper?
I get a mixture.
I buy a lot of frozen cauliflower and some frozen rhubarb (which my grocery recently stopped carrying :mad:)

Other than that, I guess I don't eat a lot of veggies that come frozen
We mostly buy spinach (but I'm not usually cooking it), lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini, more cauliflower (froz for caulimash, fresh for caulirice), celery, mushrooms, cabbage. Some other things we buy less frequently: rutabaga, green beans, asparagus, tomatoes, sprouts, broccoli slaw.

Now that farmer's market season is back, we'll be getting all of our veggies fresh and local. The only exception will be lettuce and spinach. There is a point in the St Louis summer that lettuce and spinach can't handle the local heat.

ksdunham
05-17-2014, 01:58 PM
hey --made it to day 4:dizzy: i'm a vegetarian so dinners seem daunting to me but i will perserver :chef: thanks for all the advice and info kathy

mt360atx
05-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi Mary,
I'm in Austin too. If you need any advice on where to eat out and remain OP, just let me know. I think your success will convince your husband to give you more support. Good luck with your journey!
Hi calypso58,
Wonderful. My biggest struggle is to come up with something to eat. I am
a terrible cook and don't like to eat what I cook. so looking for places to eat out and still be on IP. Please if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Oh, speaking of success, I started IP on 5/8, less than 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 10 LBs. :) So happy but hungry all the time.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JLUS
05-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi calypso58,
Wonderful. My biggest struggle is to come up with something to eat. I am
a terrible cook and don't like to eat what I cook. so looking for places to eat out and still be on IP. Please if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Oh, speaking of success, I started IP on 5/8, less than 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 10 LBs. :) So happy but hungry all the time.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eating out A LOT will not be "ideal"... It is very possible to eat out and get
IP friendly foods, but for most meals... I would find it to get very expensive and not provide you the full quality of protein or enough veggies to meet IP.

Many places use chicken/pork products which have been pumped up with sodium and or sugar solutions. Once in awhile is not so much a problem, but not a good idea for the majority of meals.

Also one seldom can get enough veggies, even when asking for double veggies. You could end up paying additional for a third serving but that gets expensive quickly! Also the IP allowed veggies are very limited at most restaurants. And Salads are very often mostly lettuce with few IP veggies.

I suggest cooking for yourself by starting with just a few simple protein items. Get some chicken breast and cook in a crock pot with a little fat free chicken broth. Put a small center cut pork roast in a crock pot. What about grilling steak, burgers, chops, chicken since the weather is getting so nice. Whatever method you try, you can make enough for almost a week of protein. Add some frozen veggies to start then work your way up to roasting fresh ones by tossing in olive oil and salt/pepper and tossing onto a pan.

Baby steps in cooking will REALLY pay off and you will learn a new skill and be much happier on IP in the long run!

You CAN do this!

eightiesbabe84
05-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Is this a diet book? Is it something I can take a look at online? I have lost weight in the past with a modified Atkins-style diet so anything with a protein basis sounds good to me. Any info appreciated!

eightiesbabe84
05-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Okay, I think I got it figured out. Sort of an Atkins meets Medifast diet. Thanks guys sorry for the dumb questions. I see now that I could look in a lot of other places to find the answers. :)

Kellyc14
05-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks Lisa!!
I ended up buying all fresh, came home and cut, chopped and bagged!! It didn't take that long and was well worth it!

bettybuck
05-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Hi,
I started IP 10 days ago. I'm doing very well, surprised by the amount of weight I lost in 1 week, must've been retaining fluid. Still get a little hungry, but not crazy hungry.

12Anniepoo
05-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Annie. I started IP on May 1, but I'm new to the forum. I am so inspired by this group. I feel my determination and commitment getting stronger and stronger as I read through the posts. I'm excited to jump in with both feet here.

NaeNae2113
05-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Welcome to all the newbies. So glad you found this forum. I have only been on the protocol for 5 weeks and have done great, thanks to the knowledge shared
here. We can do this!!:hug:

dtbutler4
05-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome DTButler4!

Let's do this!

Thanks! I'm ready if you are ;)

Julzfatnomore
05-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Today was my day one and feeling good so far. I made the mistake of not realizing just how much 8OZ of protein looks like, as well as four cups of veggies. I didn't eat either for any meal today and needless to say, I had a very large dinner :( unless I can stomach two more cups if veggies, I'll not be eating those tonight and will plan better tomorrow.

My biggest issue with this plan is the lack of exercise. I'm a runner and it's going to be an issue for me if I'm unable to continue that. Working with my coach on finding a way to get in a few miles per week at least.

I'm excited for my new skinny me!

12Anniepoo
05-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Today was my day one and feeling good so far. I made the mistake of not realizing just how much 8OZ of protein looks like, as well as four cups of veggies. I didn't eat either for any meal today and needless to say, I had a very large dinner :( unless I can stomach two more cups if veggies, I'll not be eating those tonight and will plan better tomorrow.

My biggest issue with this plan is the lack of exercise. I'm a runner and it's going to be an issue for me if I'm unable to continue that. Working with my coach on finding a way to get in a few miles per week at least.

Welcome Julz! Congrats on surviving Day 1! You'll get the hang of juggling the veggies and meat with your meals. It all just takes a little getting used to. But you're on the right track!!! So glad to have you here. This forum has become a life saver for me!

teriann
05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm almost finished week 2 on IP and cant wait for a WI tomorrow. I am super glad to have found this site where I can see how everyone else is doing and have someone to relate to. On my first WI I lost 4lbs, which I was very happy about and even surprised because I don't feel the diet is hard or that I am starving myself. Can't wait to post again tomorrow with my WI results!!! (feeling hopeful!)

12Anniepoo
05-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm almost finished week 2 on IP and cant wait for a WI tomorrow. I am super glad to have found this site where I can see how everyone else is doing and have someone to relate to. On my first WI I lost 4lbs, which I was very happy about and even surprised because I don't feel the diet is hard or that I am starving myself. Can't wait to post again tomorrow with my WI results!!! (feeling hopeful!)

Welcome, teriann! Glad you're here! Can't wait to hear about your weigh in tomorrow! :)

Suchawittygal
05-22-2014, 12:17 PM

Hey Julz! I'm glad you found us...the wealth of information and support here was key to my success on the program. You're gonna kill this! :carrot:

NaeNae2113
05-22-2014, 01:27 PM

Welcome Julz so happy you joined us. This forum is amazing! There is lots of support and encouragement from everyone. Many of the ladies that have been super successful of this plan share their knowledge with us all. I have learned so much from them and am finding this to be super easy to follow. I to am excited for the new skinny me!! :dancer:

arich
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM

Julz, my coach told me that I could continue with the exercise I was already doing as long as it wasn't too intense. I hope you will be able to do at least a couple of easy runs per week just to keep your current level of fitness!

ontheshoresarah
05-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone, today is my day 1, I'm feeling tired and hungry, but strong willed. I'm 32, been trying to conceive for 3 years, hoping the weight loss will help things out. I have been overweight my whole life, and tried a protein diet with Cleveland clinic years ago...I liked 2 of the three packets I had today but the chicken ala king for lunch was pretty gross. Been punning a lot of recipes and trying to look over the forum. Just wanted to say hello and hoping to meet some buddies for support and ideas.

12Anniepoo
05-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone, today is my day 1, I'm feeling tired and hungry, but strong willed. I'm 32, been trying to conceive for 3 years, hoping the weight loss will help things out. I have been overweight my whole life, and tried a protein diet with Cleveland clinic years ago...I liked 2 of the three packets I had today but the chicken ala king for lunch was pretty gross. Been punning a lot of recipes and trying to look over the forum. Just wanted to say hello and hoping to meet some buddies for support and ideas.

Welcome ontheshoresarah! So glad you joined us! I'm laughing here, because I feel the EXACT SAME WAY about the chicken a la king! It came highly recommended. I bought two packets my first day (three weeks ago!) and I will have to be seriously desperate before I use the second one! However, lots of people like it, so what do I know? Haha. Anyway, welcome, and good luck! Sounds like you have the best reason to lose weight EVER! :)

Julzfatnomore
05-22-2014, 06:36 PM

Welcome! I'm on day 2, feeling a bit sluggish and fighting a headache. I loved the Chicken Ala King, but perhaps starvation took hold.. lol

Good luck on your weight loss and conception ventures.

Kellyc14
05-22-2014, 07:30 PM

Welcome!!! I'm new here too, today was day 7 for me. This is a great place to be!!

ontheshoresarah
05-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Welcome!!! I'm new here too, today was day 7 for me. This is a great place to be!!
I'm still leafing how to navigate.....what are your favorites?

ontheshoresarah
05-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Thank you! What are your favorite boards here and products? I'm learning how to navigate.

canadjineh
05-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Thank you! What are your favorite boards here and products? I'm learning how to navigate.

'IP Daily Chat' is always good, everybody seems to go to that one and just hash out their plans for the day, ask questions, get ideas for staying on plan, and celebrating their NonScale Victories (called NSV's for short) as well as letting everybody celebrate with their weigh in losses. There is a lot of experience in this forum and everyone is very helpful. You can always look through the threads to see if something fits your query or post idea and when you add a comment to it, it bumps it to the top of the list. You can also lurk or post on the What are You Eating Today IPeeps? threads for ideas of what others are doing for their meal plans.
Hope this helps...
Liana

canadjineh
05-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Welcome! I'm on day 2, feeling a bit sluggish and fighting a headache. I loved the Chicken Ala King, but perhaps starvation took hold.. lol

Good luck on your weight loss and conception ventures.

Hi Julz: Sounds like the 'ketosis flu' is setting in...lol... it will ease in a week or so if you stay on plan. Make sure you are getting all your water in and all your salt - when you have a headache you usually need to do a 'salt lick' out of your hand and it will relieve it. You won't have the headache for long. Don't skip the vitamins, either! :) As far as running goes, keep it pretty gentle - you shouldn't actually be doing any heavy cardio right now as you will be putting too much strain on your body to both take fat out of storage and burn it. Not the scientific explanation, I know, but if you work out too hard you will actually stall your weight loss and your body will be diverting the protein for energy instead of taking the fat out of storage (not very efficient but we aren't taking in enough carbs for any major workouts right now)
Remember, this is only a temporary phase, once you have lost and are in maintenance, you will be back in major training mode with no problem.

Go for easy runs or very brisk powerwalks everyday if you want and lift at a slightly reduced weight range (if you weight train).

Liana

FitNHealthySab
07-02-2014, 12:45 AM
Hey guys! My name is Sabrina and I am a new member on here. However, I am not new to IP; I lost 30 lbs a couple of years ago using the IP Diet, and I felt wonderful :carrot:! I have unfortunately gained some of the weight back, and now I am determined to lose that weight again and finally reach my goal weight!
I know how wonderful and how easy the IP diet is for me to do, but this time I am struggling a little bit. I do well for a couple of days, and then I have a stressful night at work (I work as an RN in Trauma ICU, and it's trauma season!) and it all goes down the drain. I am hoping with the motivation of this website and the goal of running the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February will help me achieve my goal!

kthigginbottoms
07-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am on week 6 of my ideal protein journey. So far so good. I have lost 16 lbs so far! Woohoo!!:carrot:

lisa32989
07-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Welcome! You'll find lots of info in the Daily Chat. The 100% thread is where everyone who sticks to the program without deviation written hangs out. You will find lots of ideas on how to be more creative with food in the What Are You Eating Today thread.

Lots of wonderful people and great support in this forum. Glad you joined us!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Hey guys! My name is Sabrina and I am a new member on here. However, I am not new to IP; I lost 30 lbs a couple of years ago using the IP Diet, and I felt wonderful :carrot:! I have unfortunately gained some of the weight back, and now I am determined to lose that weight again and finally reach my goal weight!
I know how wonderful and how easy the IP diet is for me to do, but this time I am struggling a little bit. I do well for a couple of days, and then I have a stressful night at work (I work as an RN in Trauma ICU, and it's trauma season!) and it all goes down the drain. I am hoping with the motivation of this website and the goal of running the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February will help me achieve my goal!

hey there... I HEAR YOU... same for me... did IP in 2010 and by dec was down 57 lbs approx. omg i felt GREAT... AND the self confidence it gives you... now i am at my highest weight since the last two years... i actually kept all that weigth off for a long time, but i think as time passes, you start to feel like ' I got this... I know how to get back on track " and suddenly you realize you lost control all over again. So lets do this!! today is really day one ALL OVER AGAIN for me. And my hardest part is Friday is approaching.. and that is typically wine and cheese night... omg. I just have to remember ' nothing tastes as good as being fit feels'

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-03-2014, 08:27 AM
one thing i find hard is my breakfast is typically by 0630 am. then it is a long haul till lunch. Yes i do the water and hot beverages... but my god... 5 - 5.5 hours is longgg before the next meal.

TessaLynn
07-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Good morning!

I am new to this forum and new to IP. My start date was June 30, 2014. I've never been an overweight person until I had my last child three years ago. I haven't lost a pound since her delivery! This has been extremely depressing and losing weight is all I think about 24/7. I have high hopes for this diet and I'm trying my best to stay with it 100%. I find myself hungry all the time which is making it difficult. It's hard to not have snacks in-between meals so I have been splitting up my IP meals through out the day, eating a little here and a little there to try to feel like I'm eating more. I'm not sure if this is hurting or helping. But I'm here for the long haul and really glad to have found this site for motivation and encouragement from people who have the same struggles and have also met their goals!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Good morning!

I am new to this forum and new to IP. My start date was June 30, 2014. I've never been an overweight person until I had my last child three years ago. I haven't lost a pound since her delivery! This has been extremely depressing and losing weight is all I think about 24/7. I have high hopes for this diet and I'm trying my best to stay with it 100%. I find myself hungry all the time which is making it difficult. It's hard to not have snacks in-between meals so I have been splitting up my IP meals through out the day, eating a little here and a little there to try to feel like I'm eating more. I'm not sure if this is hurting or helping. But I'm here for the long haul and really glad to have found this site for motivation and encouragement from people who have the same struggles and have also met their goals!

welcome!!!!! trust me you will learn A LOT on this forum :hug:

TessaLynn
07-03-2014, 09:48 AM
welcome!!!!! trust me you will learn A LOT on this forum :hug:

Thank you!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/slider-but1/lb/181/130/177/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Literari
07-03-2014, 11:16 AM
My name is Sammy and I am new to IP as of June 25 and not exactly "new" to this forum (have lurked here for awhile). I have been at my current weight for at least nine years and I am ready to take it off for good (was overweight in the mid-90's, lost it all and kept if off till my son was born nine years ago). Some people I work with are doing IP and having huge success. So far this seems to be something I'm adapting to easily. I've done lots of diets over the years but one thing I have never done is actively participated in a community of people who are going through the same things I'm experiencing -- I am hoping the advice and inspiration in this forum will help and I hope to become a source of advice and inspiration to others. Good Luck everyone!

Literari
07-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Also, this may have been answered a thousand times, but I've been unsuccessful in tracking down the answer : how do I get a weight loss "ticker"?

Kellyc14
07-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Also, this may have been answered a thousand times, but I've been unsuccessful in tracking down the answer : how do I get a weight loss "ticker"?

You have to have 20 posts and been a member for 20 days. On your 20th day a spot for "signature" will show up on your user CP. There are directions for making your ticker in the stickies. I'll see if I can find it for you.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-03-2014, 11:22 AM

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-03-2014, 11:27 AM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html

Kellyc14
07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
My name is Sammy and I am new to IP as of June 25 and not exactly "new" to this forum (have lurked here for awhile). I have been at my current weight for at least nine years and I am ready to take it off for good (was overweight in the mid-90's, lost it all and kept if off till my son was born nine years ago). Some people I work with are doing IP and having huge success. So far this seems to be something I'm adapting to easily. I've done lots of diets over the years but one thing I have never done is actively participated in a community of people who are going through the same things I'm experiencing -- I am hoping the advice and inspiration in this forum will help and I hope to become a source of advice and inspiration to others. Good Luck everyone!

Here is the link that you will use to get your ticker once you have made your 20 days and 20 posts-

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/

I have yo yo dieted all of my life. I have four children, when my oldest son was a year old I lost all of my baby weight. Then I went on to have three more kids, never losing any weight. I weighed 260 lbs when my fourth child was born. I got down to 220 after he was born and stayed there for 2 years. When he was 2 I started taking diet pills and went to the gym I lost over 120 lbs. I felt great I thought for sure that I would NEVER get so big again. Over the next 18 years I slowly crept back up to 260 lbs. I would lose the weight and regain it throughout the years.

IP is the first "diet" (I don't like to refer to it as a diet, as it is a lifestyle change for me) that has allowed me to lose weight and to not be hungry or struggle as I am doing it. This forum has been my best friend. I log on first thing in the morning and read throughout the day. These ladies are my strength. My life line!

Glad to have you!!! Together we WILL DO THIS!!!

sweetenuf
07-03-2014, 03:34 PM

I just wanted to let you know, I also started out at 309.8. I started January 16. If you need anything from someone who was where you are, I am here. Good Luck on your journey.

Literari
07-03-2014, 06:59 PM
I just wanted to let you know, I also started out at 309.8. I started January 16. If you need anything from someone who was where you are, I am here. Good Luck on your journey.

Wow! I can only hope to have your success! You're looking great, by the way! Thanks to everyone for the info on the weight tracker.

My husband is making Chicken Tiki Masala for my dinner and it smells so good I could pass out from hunger / anticipation. It actually feels kinda good to feel hungry, strange as that sounds -- I ate so much before, so often, I seldom felt hungry at all, and when I did it wasn't an empty stomach hunger so much as a chemically imbalanced frenzied desire to eat.

Thanks again everyone!

anitanursenow
07-03-2014, 07:41 PM
I start Monday on Ideal Protein. Any preparation advice? I am very nervous and a bit afraid of complete failure.

Literari
07-03-2014, 08:21 PM
I start Monday on Ideal Protein. Any preparation advice? I am very nervous and a bit afraid of complete failure.

I just finished my first week -- after day 4 it has been really easy. I didn't ask for any advice before I started and I had a binge fest the weekend before (so certain I would be starving to death). I wish I hadn't done that. Just made it harder to "detox" and probably added some additional weight to lose. =) For me personally this diet has been easy to follow. Attitude is important, keep your eye on the prize! Reading all of these success stories in this thread inspires the heck out of me!

Good luck to you! You will do great!

Bull
07-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Wow! I can only hope to have your success! You're looking great, by the way! Thanks to everyone for the info on the weight tracker.

My husband is making Chicken Tiki Masala for my dinner and it smells so good I could pass out from hunger / anticipation. It actually feels kinda good to feel hungry, strange as that sounds -- I ate so much before, so often, I seldom felt hungry at all, and when I did it wasn't an empty stomach hunger so much as a chemically imbalanced frenzied desire to eat.

Thanks again everyone!

Chicken tikki masala!!!! YUMMY!!! Can u pls shre the recipe with us? I'm dying for Indian food!

Literari
07-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Chicken tikki masala!!!! YUMMY!!! Can u pls shre the recipe with us? I'm dying for Indian food!

8oz diced ckn breast (set aside)

1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup leek (chopped fine)
--saute the leek in the oil
--then add spices below, saute till fragrant
add 1/2 powdered ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp curry powder
--add
3/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup ckn stock
--bring to a boil
--add the 8oz of ckn
--simmer till ckn is cooked though and sauce has thickened

Serve on one cup of riced cauliflower (we prepared more and saved the rest -- whatever amount of riced cauli you have in there, add enough stock to fill about 3/4 of the way to top of the cauli, in other words "almost covered". This example is for one cup only. You probably want to start your cauli first, it takes some time to cook the stock off)
In a separate pan:
--rice one cup of cauliflower
--cook in 1/2 cup of stock with mustard seeds and cumin seeds till stock is cooked out.

This makes a giant steaming bowl of delicious tiki masala. I find the cauli not cooked in stock kind of ....flat? But this way it's so delicious.

My husband is not a chef, but could be -- he's kind of my secret weapon on this diet! I'll be sure to share the things he is doing for me here with you guys!

berta54758
07-03-2014, 10:16 PM
I have been on ip for 12 weeks and lost 30 pounds - went on vacation in June for 12 days and my coach had me follow phase 2 alternate plan. This was hard to do in remote Spain but did it the best as I could. When I returned and got back on ip my coach talked me into phasing out as I had another vacation coming up. When I went in this week she told me to go right into phase 4 and basically good luck - see ya later - as I had had regular food already this past month. I feel a bit out of wack - back to regular food? I joined this forum as I feel not quite ready to be on my own just quite yet and this is amazing support and information here.

canadjineh
07-04-2014, 02:15 AM
Hi Literati: As you & your DH have noted, the trick with this diet is to use as many interesting spices and combinations as you can. That's the secret of thin people anyhow - they don't flavour things with fat & sugar, they use herbs & spices. NO cal, no carb, no fat, no sugars.... ALL flavour!

His Tikka Masala recipe sounds lovely! I make a lot of Indian food although I've had to change it up a little since learning about the proper serving sizes of starches like daal, beans & rices, etc. I use to eat several servings at a meal, which is how I got into my problem in the first place (that & the combination of strong cheeses & tortilla chips, lol).

"Best wishes on your health journey" to all the newbies on here and if you possibly can, stay 100% OP because this is only a phase of the Plan, and you will get to the best part (maintenance) sooner. Lurk on the IP maintainers thread for a bit of envisioning yourself in that place! :goodscale

Liana

canadjineh
07-04-2014, 02:21 AM
I have been on ip for 12 weeks and lost 30 pounds - went on vacation in June for 12 days and my coach had me follow phase 2 alternate plan. This was hard to do in remote Spain but did it the best as I could. When I returned and got back on ip my coach talked me into phasing out as I had another vacation coming up. When I went in this week she told me to go right into phase 4 and basically good luck - see ya later - as I had had regular food already this past month. I feel a bit out of wack - back to regular food? I joined this forum as I feel not quite ready to be on my own just quite yet and this is amazing support and information here.

Berta: I hope she gave you the Phase 4 sheets and that you've seen the Phase 4 videos so that you understand how important it is to separate your low carb meal from your low fat meal and eat a well rounded breakfast. How to properly use 'Funday" and do P1 the very next day...

It isn't about going back to normal food & the same old eating patterns especially. Yes to normal healthy food, but very Important to learn the separation trick! That will keep you from gaining back again.
Look over all your information again & if you aren't sure go back to her and have her explain it more clearly :?: - you have paid for that proper coaching and support and you should get it. Are you at your goal? If not, just go back to P1 to lose the rest. You don't necessarily have to keep phasing off when you go away on vacation. It isn't so hard to get roasted vegetables and fresh fish or meat in Spain ;) for example. It's better if you can just continue to your goal instead of going on & off. You have to restart ketosis every time possibly and many of us have successfully done all kinds of vacations 100% OP P1 from camping, to Disneyland, to ski trips, to cruises - you name it. there are IP threads here with info on planning for vacations & how to stay 100%.

Liana

Pinup2B
07-04-2014, 07:31 AM
I started IP on 6/27 at 192.8. The office is closed today for 4th of July holiday but my home scale showed 187.3. I've lost over 5 pounds!

My mini-goals are to wear a pinup dress for each 5 pounds lost. I want to lose 60 pounds so that means 12 dresses. I'll post a picture later with my first dress!

When I reach my goal weight, I'll reward myself with an official pinup photo shoot from a top photographer in Philadelphia, PA!

:cheer2:

lzybnz
07-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Happy 4th! I started IP on March 27 and I love the structure of the program. Unfortunately I seem to be a 'slow and steady' loser - I'm down 27 pounds - averaging 1 - 2 pounds a week. I've been following this forum for a while and thought I'd jump in - lots of people here with a variety of stories - I've been learning a lot. Thanks!

lisa32989
07-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Literari: could you repeat that wonderful recipe in the recipes thread so it'll easier to re-find? Yum!

Lzybnz: huge congrats in your 27 lb loss! It isn't "slow". It is your fantastic progress! Almost 30 lbs in just over 3 months! Most other diets would have offered you about half that. Who cares how long it took? You're 30 lbs less!

MrPhillips
07-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Pinup - That's awesome! I love the idea of a new dress for every 5 pounds. Please do share your photos. I love to see other success. It keeps me motivated. I started two days after you and haven't weighed yet. I'm trying to hold off until exactly a week. Congrats on your first week!!!

berta54758
07-04-2014, 02:22 PM
she gave me the sheets but did not really explain them and I have never seen a video?! I am about 15 pounds away from my goal so I think I will just do it on my own and when we leave on vacation to my family in Kansas just stick to it. The coach thought it would be too hard with traveling and she talked me into phasing out and then just dropped the bomb on me that I should just go into phase 4 and see ya later. thanks for the info and support!

recycledme
07-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Hello!
I am back on IP after 2 years in "maintenance". I just want to get to a lower weight. Weight is coming off slowly but not surprised since I don't have a lot to lose. I just want to lose another 10 lbs and then back to my paleo diet ASAP! I struggled at first when I got off IP until I cut out grains and went paleo and then the weight gain stopped. I am down maybe 5-8 lbs so far 3 weeks in. I miss weight training so I am hoping I can reach goal fast (under 130 lbs). I lost 20+ lbs last time on IP. It works great. I am limiting myself to the gluten free choices this time. I found I cannot tolerate gluten at all since going paleo. IP is great and so darn easy I feel like I am cheating.

canadjineh
07-04-2014, 04:01 PM
she gave me the sheets but did not really explain them and I have never seen a video?! I am about 15 pounds away from my goal so I think I will just do it on my own and when we leave on vacation to my family in Kansas just stick to it. The coach thought it would be too hard with traveling and she talked me into phasing out and then just dropped the bomb on me that I should just go into phase 4 and see ya later. thanks for the info and support!

Berta, before you head on vacation tell (be assertive - esp if they are just 'dropping you') your clinic to hook you up with phase 4 videos - you NEED to understand the process to be completely successful and there is no way to link the videos so you can see them - only through a clinic. See if you can find travelling with IP threads on this forum and read them through for ideas. I will look & try bumping up to help you find them. Re-read the sheets & if there's anything you aren't sure of, ask on the Daily Chat - we'll all come to your rescue as we want you to be totally successful!! :hug: Lurk on maintenance threads too, to learn more about maintenance in action.

Liana

Liana

sdhinds
07-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Good evening! I am new to this forum and new to IP. My start date was June 23, 2014. Have had only one weigh in so far and lost 6 pounds and 13.25 inches. My coach I think was more excited than I was. I have felt great since day one. I want this so bad so keeping the right mind set going. Day er night 12 and no cheating yet! :)

Bull
07-04-2014, 09:12 PM
8oz diced ckn breast (set aside)

1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup leek (chopped fine)
--saute the leek in the oil
--then add spices below, saute till fragrant
add 1/2 powdered ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp curry powder
--add
3/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup ckn stock
--bring to a boil
--add the 8oz of ckn
--simmer till ckn is cooked though and sauce has thickened

Serve on one cup of riced cauliflower (we prepared more and saved the rest -- whatever amount of riced cauli you have in there, add enough stock to fill about 3/4 of the way to top of the cauli, in other words "almost covered". This example is for one cup only. You probably want to start your cauli first, it takes some time to cook the stock off)
In a separate pan:
--rice one cup of cauliflower
--cook in 1/2 cup of stock with mustard seeds and cumin seeds till stock is cooked out.

This makes a giant steaming bowl of delicious tiki masala. I find the cauli not cooked in stock kind of ....flat? But this way it's so delicious.

My husband is not a chef, but could be -- he's kind of my secret weapon on this diet! I'll be sure to share the things he is doing for me here with you guys!

Oh thank you so much!!! Sounds delicious! *slurp*

Ruth Ann
07-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Welcome to all the newcomers!

Good evening! I am new to this forum and new to IP. My start date was June 23, 2014. Have had only one weigh in so far and lost 6 pounds and 13.25 inches. My coach I think was more excited than I was. I have felt great since day one. I want this so bad so keeping the right mind set going. Day er night 12 and no cheating yet! :)

Yeah you! I really think keeping your mind in the right place is essential for success on IP and it sounds like you have it down! Pre-planning is so important to making this work.

Be sure to check out the recipe threads - so many ways to not get bored with the food and learn new ways to cook. Also, check out the 100% thread - lots of people there to give you support, ideas, etc., on how to stay on-track.

CenTXChk
07-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Hi!:wave:

Introduced myself on the main page but wanted to say hello here too. I started IP on 6/23 and lost 5.8lbs at my first weigh in. Have been struggling with my weight for years (most of my life really). I feel like I've tried most diet plans out there. I finally went to my dr a few months ago to discuss other options (ie: WLS) and he recommended IP. It took my a few months to get the courage to try it....2 weeks in and so far, so good.

Really feel like I am at a point in my life that I need to make a change or I will carry this weight around forever. I can really see myself making a life change on this plan!

Looking forward to getting and giving support to everyone here! :cheer:

lisa32989
07-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi!:wave:

Introduced myself on the main page but wanted to say hello here too. I started IP on 6/23 and lost 5.8lbs at my first weigh in. Have been struggling with my weight for years (most of my life really). I feel like I've tried most diet plans out there. I finally went to my dr a few months ago to discuss other options (ie: WLS) and he recommended IP. It took my a few months to get the courage to try it....2 weeks in and so far, so good.

Really feel like I am at a point in my life that I need to make a change or I will carry this weight around forever. I can really see myself making a life change on this plan!

Looking forward to getting and giving support to everyone here! :cheer:

Welcome! I missed your intro in the "main page". For us, that is the daily chat.

Sounds like you started for the same reasons I did...to avoid WLS. Now I have no reason for it and neither will you! Stick with the 100%ers. I see more success there than any other thread, over the long-term.

I had to view this plan as treatment for a disease. I had morbid obesity. I'm now in remission, as long as I do what I need to do on a regular basis. I'm also in remission from chorionic back pain. I'm much happier now. Stick with it.. IP can be life-changing!