Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014

lisa32989
03-07-2014, 06:20 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
03-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Beck diet Solution daily tip

If you're going to a party or event this weekend and think, "There'll be so much good food there I won't be able to resist,” remind yourself, "If I was a vegetarian and all the food had meat in it, I definitely WOULD resist, no question. I may not want to resist, but I know I can."

shrinkingsusie
03-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Good morning!

Ruth Ann
03-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.

Hiker88
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.

Love this Ruth Ann, I will use your reply while I'm on holidays. The friend I'll be staying with in her condo will be saying exactly that to me while we are in Hawaii and I'm determined to stick to plan!

sunflwr816
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!

drd1961
03-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Not only eat healthy because we want to, but boy do I feel better if I don't slip up at the holidays. Come January 1 I was wearing a size 6 while everyone else was thinking, ohhhh, how to get this weight off!

catlady1981
03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?

ems70508
03-07-2014, 09:29 AM
I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?

I consider Walden Farms and 'packet recipes' as staying on plan. It is my understanding that Walden Farms has been approved by Ideal Protein. When you add egg whites or baking powder to different packets, all of those fall into the 0/0/0/ category, which is OK to do. I use all of these processes to get me through and consider myself 100%.

sunflwr816
03-07-2014, 09:38 AM

I was under the assumption as long as it's 0/0/0 than it is OP. I could definitely be wrong though.

smileyface678
03-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!
Well done!! You are doing so well! It's bound to come off slower as you have less to lose. 6.2lbs in a month is more than you would have done on any other diet, I am sure! How about the inches?

catlady1981
03-07-2014, 09:50 AM
I consider Walden Farms and 'packet recipes' as staying on plan. It is my understanding that Walden Farms has been approved by Ideal Protein. When you add egg whites or baking powder to different packets, all of those fall into the 0/0/0/ category, which is OK to do. I use all of these processes to get me through and consider myself 100%.

I was under the assumption as long as it's 0/0/0 than it is OP. I could definitely be wrong though.

Thanks ladies. I have seen some say that their losses have slowed so they are going to cut out things like WF or Mio(which I don't use). So I wasn't sure if they impacted loss or not.

sunflwr816
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks ladies. I have seen some say that their losses have slowed so they are going to cut out things like WF or Mio(which I don't use). So I wasn't sure if they impacted loss or not.

There's a good chance they might! I try from time to time to use a combo of ACV and EVOO for dressing instead of the WF, but I like the flavors of the WF products better so I tend to use those. If it comes off slower...eh, it's still coming off! As long as the scale isn't going up, I can be happy with that!

sunflwr816
03-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Well done!! You are doing so well! It's bound to come off slower as you have less to lose. 6.2lbs in a month is more than you would have done on any other diet, I am sure! How about the inches?

Thank you so much! :hug:
I (unfortunately) haven't been keeping track of the inches. I know that my thighs, bum, stomach and love handles have seen the biggest decrease. I tried on a pair of size 28 J.Crew jeans that I've held onto since college and they zipped up fine yesterday (a little tight in the butt). I'll take it!!

ems70508
03-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much! :hug:
I (unfortunately) haven't been keeping track of the inches. I know that my thighs, bum, stomach and love handles have seen the biggest decrease. I tried on a pair of size 28 J.Crew jeans that I've held onto since college and they zipped up fine yesterday (a little tight in the butt). I'll take it!!

Inches are so important to me! It's funny how we all look at it differently. Where I weigh in, she only measures every 3 weeks. I miss the weekly measurements. You see such results in measurements.

Pukka8
03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi all

Question about pickles and lettuces that are NOT romaine or iceberg

Do pickles count towards your veggie quota for the day (am I being optimistic here??)

And if I eat lettuces like arugula or mixed baby greens, do this count towards the veggie quota?

Some days I find it super easy to get all my veggies in but other days I struggle more...

And thanks so much for all the wonderful knowledge in all of these boards! I have learned so much!

catlady1981
03-07-2014, 10:15 AM
There's a good chance they might! I try from time to time to use a combo of ACV and EVOO for dressing instead of the WF, but I like the flavors of the WF products better so I tend to use those. If it comes off slower...eh, it's still coming off! As long as the scale isn't going up, I can be happy with that!

Before IP, my go to dressing was EVOO/balsamic/herbs. I may switch it up and use your dressing every other time. I like the WF, but all that stuff leaves a weird chemically sugary taste that I'm not fond of. I'm only in my second week but the home scale has not moved all week. I know, I shouldn't be so dependent on the scale, it's a hard habit to break. I took my own measurements when I started so I'll do that again this weekend and hopefully the changes will be there.

BTW, congrats on your losses and the 28 jeans! Yay!:carrot:

kontesanera
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Happy Friday y'all! Today is my weigh in day, I go at lunch time. My home scale has been generous this week, hope that the "official" scale is as well.

I was talking to a friend yesterday about IP and I was telling her that I had to do something about my weight and that I cannot go off plan for the weekend because I want to get to my goal as fast as possible. I was explaining that at the weight that I was I did not want to go out or see people anyways because I did not feel comfortable, and faster I get to my weight I can have fun one day a week and we can party together again. I did not feel up to partying at 187lbs anyways and purposely excluded myself from social situations. (when I say "partying", I mean going out with our husbands, and having a bottle or two of wine together, not dancing on table tops LOL).

Ruth Ann
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi all

Do pickles count towards your veggie quota for the day (am I being optimistic here??)

And if I eat lettuces like arugula or mixed baby greens, do this count towards the veggie quota?

Some days I find it super easy to get all my veggies in but other days I struggle more...

And thanks so much for all the wonderful knowledge in all of these boards! I have learned so much!

Pukka: Some coaches say pickles are a "freebie" and others don't. I don't count my 1 pickle a day towards my veggies. Arugula and mixed baby greens do count towards your veggies though!

If you're having problems getting your veggies in try some of the recipes that have zucchini in muffins or cookies, rhubarb in puddings or oatmeal or (my favorite) just cook up some spinach - one cup cooks down to about 6 bites!

danilynn
03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi All,

I am asking on behalf of my friend -- so i figured i would start here. Is there a Vegetarian option or list of alt foods in comparison for those who are Vegetarians that are wanting to go this route?

advocatemom
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Just made my first IP pancakes!! They were soooo good!! I used a Lemon pudding packet with a splash of vanilla extract!! Wow! The lemon flavor was very light & it made me think of Spring!!!

MsGracie
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Hi All,

I am asking on behalf of my friend -- so i figured i would start here. Is there a Vegetarian option or list of alt foods in comparison for those who are Vegetarians that are wanting to go this route?

I believe if you use the search option, you will come up with some very informative threads!!

AnaBanana11
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I just kinda want to complain for a minute and then I'll shut up; I am bored with eating. I know I have to do it, but the process of chewing is really bothering me today. Same thing with drinking. I do it because I have to. Maybe that sounds a little crazy? I don't know maybe I'm just crazy. As much as the prospect of losing weigh excites me, the thought of putting anything in my mouth is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I think the food is good though. I waited until 10 this morning to eat my breakfast and I was good and hungry too, but for some reason as of late, I'd rather be hungry than to put another bite of anything in my mouth. This is my second time around doing this diet, all alts this time, but I seriously don't remember feeling like this the first time around. Has anyone else felt like this?

On another note, being it's lent and no meat on Friday and all, I did make some delicious egg drop soup for lunch, I just don't want to eat it.

ems70508
03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
AnaBanana, I hear ya. I was actually thinking about this last night. Obviously everyone here wants to snap their fingers and be done. Not eating hurts your body just as much as food can. If you don't eat, your body will go into starvation mode. It's important to eat within a few hours of waking. Your body needs it. I really do understand where you're coming from though about not wanting to eat. To just be done with the diet and be done with the restrictions. I was thinking about how I used to love to cook (I still do) but being so restrictive begins to take a toll on you. My friends as well. We all used to cook together all the time. While yes, we do have a lot of veggies to choose from, 'dressing them up' seems to be difficult for everyone to decide. Especially when I feel like I'm overpowering them with my way of eating... everytime. Sometimes I feel like I'm limiting them and they may not want all those restrictions.

danilynn
03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
I believe if you use the search option, you will come up with some very informative threads!!

i did that but i couldn't find what i am looking for -- which is a listing of Alt. products for Vegetarians (Vegans)

LuvA1exa
03-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I am in a similar boat AnaBanana11. I'm a grazer and sitting down to 2 cups of veggies to eat in a short period of time is outside my norm. Plus, I love salads but I feel like its just been too cold. Today I decided to make a game out of it and ate 2 cups of raw Kale while I completed a task at work. It worked. Little steps to change habits will help. Also not watching TV in real time so I can ff thru food commericals :-)

infoplease
03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
i did that but i couldn't find what i am looking for -- which is a listing of Alt. products for Vegetarians (Vegans)

There is a list of protein substitutes, but I have never seen one for products.
She will need to look at the labels. What she needs to look out for is gelatin and the one coloring made from seafood that I can't remember the name of.

I can tell you most of the IP ones, but not the alternates. I do know that Healthsmart brand uses gelatin as some of the protein in many of their drinks.
I know that any of the wafers--the ProtiThin brand is identical to IP except for the flavors, and that product does contain gelatin.

One of the surprises is that some soups, like chicken soup do not contain chicken.

If she goes to one of the popular sites, picks the foods she likes and read the labels, I'm sure she will be able to find some go-to products. She can then order a couple weeks of those and take a little time to each reorder to investigate a few new products if she isn't happy with or tired of the ones she picked.

sarahBell
03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Good Friday Morning!

Ok this morning again I cut my little IP omelet in half, placed each half on a lettuce leaf, added 1 slice of tomato and onion and drizzle of home made dressing, along with 1 cup of coffee and I had NO desire to nibble or eat until just now when I made my lunch.

This is AWESOME for me. Being a grazer this has helped me :broc:

I also have 1 oz of fish from last night so I made a small fish taco to go with my soup and broccoli :)

this is good day for me so far HOT DIGGITY DOG!

Bellamack
03-07-2014, 01:06 PM
AnaBanana, I hear ya. I was actually thinking about this last night. Obviously everyone here wants to snap their fingers and be done. Not eating hurts your body just as much as food can. If you don't eat, your body will go into starvation mode. It's important to eat within a few hours of waking. Your body needs it. I really do understand where you're coming from though about not wanting to eat. To just be done with the diet and be done with the restrictions. I was thinking about how I used to love to cook (I still do) but being so restrictive begins to take a toll on you. My friends as well. We all used to cook together all the time. While yes, we do have a lot of veggies to choose from, 'dressing them up' seems to be difficult for everyone to decide. Especially when I feel like I'm overpowering them with my way of eating... everytime. Sometimes I feel like I'm limiting them and they may not want all those restrictions.

I always so enjoy your posts. I just was thinking at your height, you must be looking super good. Keep up the good work & positive posts for other IPeeps :)

danilynn
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
There is a list of protein substitutes, but I have never seen one for products.
She will need to look at the labels. What she needs to look out for is gelatin and the one coloring made from seafood that I can't remember the name of.

I can tell you most of the IP ones, but not the alternates. I do know that Healthsmart brand uses gelatin as some of the protein in many of their drinks.
I know that any of the wafers--the ProtiThin brand is identical to IP except for the flavors, and that product does contain gelatin.

One of the surprises is that some soups, like chicken soup do not contain chicken.

If she goes to one of the popular sites, picks the foods she likes and read the labels, I'm sure she will be able to find some go-to products. She can then order a couple weeks of those and take a little time to each reorder to investigate a few new products if she isn't happy with or tired of the ones she picked.

Thank you. I will recommend she do that. She is sensitive to certain products even being a vegetarian its hard for her to find food that she can eat without going full vegan. I do not believe she is at that point in her life where she can commit going full vegan.

kontesanera
03-07-2014, 01:25 PM
So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" weight is 171.8.

Having dropped another $190 at the clinic (I had to buy some more supplements), I don't feel so bad because I am seeing the results.

I know that quality supplements are not cheap, but does anybody know of any quality supplements that cost less than these?

drd1961
03-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!:cp::cp:

tbc85
03-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Good morning everyone!! So glad it's Friday :) I had a very busy weekend last week and am looking forward to some down time. My husband wants to go to the movies for the new 300:Rise of the Empire movie so I have to remember to bring my big purse with my IP snacks inside, LOL. I have also been struggling with getting tired of being on the diet and all the restrictions but I have decided that since it is Lent I will stick with it until Easter and then re-evaluate. Hope everyone had a great day and weekend!

sunflwr816
03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" weight is 171.8./QUOTE]

[QUOTE=drd1961;4958646]Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!:cp::cp:

Congrats to you both! Great losses! :carrot:

kontesanera
03-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!:cp::cp:

Congrats! When did you start you IP journey?

LuvA1exa
03-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know if I can substitute homemade mayo (using Olive Oil) for some of the daily oil requirement? Here is the recipe:
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
•1 tablespoon water
•1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
•1 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
•Kosher salt, to taste

For some reason I am really missing mayo. Could be I'm not getting enough fat. Just happy I'm not face first in a pint of Chubby Hubby!

drd1961
03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Congrats! When did you start you IP journey?
I started dieting on my own in August and got down to 178 by the end of October. I then switched over to IP right before Halloween.

lisa32989
03-07-2014, 02:18 PM

Pickles are made from cukes and they're on the select veggie list.
Re: lettuce. Not all greens are "lettuce". So if it is called lettuce (romaine, iceburg, bibb, boston), then it is lettuce. Other greens fall into the "field green" category and they are listed under select vegetables.

:bravo:

Does anyone know if I can substitute homemade mayo (using Olive Oil) for some of the daily oil requirement? Here is the recipe:
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon water
•Kosher salt, to taste

For some reason I am really missing mayo. Could be I'm not getting enough fat. Just happy I'm not face first in a pint of Chubby Hubby!
Yes you can but it would be such a tiny bit, it might not satisfy anything (a tsp of mayo is hardly any!)

kontesanera
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon water
•Kosher salt, to taste

I saw today that they had WF mayo. I am sure it is not the same, but maybe it would help.

ems70508
03-07-2014, 03:06 PM
I always so enjoy your posts. I just was thinking at your height, you must be looking super good. Keep up the good work & positive posts for other IPeeps :)

You're very sweet, I appreciate the kind words! I'm working on the body. I feel like I have a long way to go but I've realize that my weight is just going to be my journey for life ;) I'm OK with that. You're doing pretty well yourself! I know you had a tough beginning but you powered through it! You figured out what works for you, a lot of people would just give up. Good job!

Yesterday I shared my 'before' and 'current' photo in the 'before and after' thread but i'll share it here as well. I'm loving this journey. I never realized how much I would learn about myself, my friends, my relationship with God and food!

ems70508
03-07-2014, 03:06 PM
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon water
•Kosher salt, to taste

Have you tried WF Mayo? I use them when I want chicken salad and it does the job!

MsGracie
03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
You're very sweet, I appreciate the kind words! I'm working on the body. I feel like I have a long way to go but I've realize that my weight is just going to be my journey for life ;) I'm OK with that. You're doing pretty well yourself! I know you had a tough beginning but you powered through it! You figured out what works for you, a lot of people would just give up. Good job!

Yesterday I shared my 'before' and 'current' photo in the 'before and after' thread but i'll share it here as well. I'm loving this journey. I never realized how much I would learn about myself, my friends, my relationship with God and food!

You look wonderful!! You are a very positive inspiration. I am on Day 2 and around the same starting weight, so you give me great hope! Thank you :hug:

AnaBanana11
03-07-2014, 03:29 PM

I didn't mean to make it sound like I wasn't eating, I am. I have a job that causes me not be able to eat at the same time each day because I have to work around anyone else. i guess I was really complaining that eating is a chore sometimes when you don't want to do it. The restrictiveness of this diet doesn't bother me anymore, I know it's not forever. When I'm eating with friends I don't care what they think. I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing this for me. My friends have become very understanding. I am not putting any limits on them and they don't try to make me eat something that I'm not supposed to have at that moment.

AnaBanana11
03-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I am in a similar boat AnaBanana11. I'm a grazer and sitting down to 2 cups of veggies to eat in a short period of time is outside my norm. Plus, I love salads but I feel like its just been too cold. Today I decided to make a game out of it and ate 2 cups of raw Kale while I completed a task at work. It worked. Little steps to change habits will help. Also not watching TV in real time so I can ff thru food commericals :-)

I used to be a grazer, but found that led me to eating more. So, I eat 3 times a day with a snack. I have also given up eating salad for awhile. I used to love the sensation of being full, but I'm satisfied with the required amount.

I have cut the cable cord and no longer miss it!! I love love love netflix - no commercials.

eandc2006
03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I started dieting on my own in August and got down to 178 by the end of October. I then switched over to IP right before Halloween.

Congrats drd1961. I just started phase 3 yesterday. Are you skipping phase 2 and going into phase 3? That's what I did and I have to say I am a bit nervous about it.

lisa32989
03-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

March 7, 2014 - Friday Weekend Warm-up

This weekend, remember that when you say "no" to eating something, you're also saying "yes" to even better things: losing weight, better health, increased self-confidence, feeling proud of yourself, and more.

Jenny38
03-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Lisa and Ruthann, great quotes and very motivational.

Way to go sunflower and great job on losing inches:carrot:

[QUOTE=kontesanera;4958637]So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" ?

Kontesanera, way to go!

P3 tomorrow, that is such an accomplishment. It's motivating to hear that you are still dropping on P2.

Ems beautiful picture, congrats on all your hard work.

I'm on holiday for the next week, it is march break for the kids so no school. I dropped 3.5 lbs at weigh in today. I have lost 101 lbs from my highest weight:). The kids bought me balloons, really my parent's. I'm very thankful for the support I get here and from friends and family. This will keep me going to lose the next 34 lbs.

ems70508
03-07-2014, 03:46 PM
I didn't mean to make it sound like I wasn't eating, I am. I have a job that causes me not be able to eat at the same time each day because I have to work around anyone else. i guess I was really complaining that eating is a chore sometimes when you don't want to do it. The restrictiveness of this diet doesn't bother me anymore, I know it's not forever. When I'm eating with friends I don't care what they think. I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing this for me. My friends have become very understanding. I am not putting any limits on them and they don't try to make me eat something that I'm not supposed to have at that moment.

That must be tough to not have a consistent schedule! I apologize, I hope I didn't come across as accusing you of starving yourself! That's not what I meant to do. I understood what you meant about not wanting to eat...I feel that way sometimes too! I'm glad that your friends are supporting you, that's so great to have. It'll keep you going!

kontesanera
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
ems70508 - what a transformation! You look amazing, so inspirational! I love before and after photos.

eandc2006
03-07-2014, 03:49 PM

This weekend, remember that when you say "no" to eating something, you're also saying "yes" to even better things: losing weight, better health, increased self-confidence, feeling proud of yourself, and more.

Super good one. I am going to a friend's birthday party, along with my husband who is on phase 1 for two more days, and we usually do some eating and a lot of drinking. I know that saying no will mean it will be an earlier and less crazier night, but that it will also mean a BIG yes to continued health, weight management, and being able to fit in my clothes hanging in my closet

ems70508
03-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks yall.

And Lisa, Thank you for posting these daily tips. They are great and I appreciate it. :)

lisa32989
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM
And Lisa, Thank you for posting these daily tips. They are great and I appreciate it. :)
I find them very helpful, especially the ones about cravings or thoughts of cheating. I hear (see) so many people saying they "had to" or "couldn't resist" or "can't live without". Beck Diet really helps change that mindset. It is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. what we can do if we set our mind to it! The Beck book puts it all into very plain perspective.

I really think it is a must for anyone who has struggled with weight issues most of their adult life. Because one diet will not remove all of these issues.

schenectady
03-07-2014, 05:31 PM
I am not posting much these days as I am in Florida (OK) Disneyworld with my husband on business. This is day 3 and I am still 100 pc OP. VERY challenging as the evening meal is always provided by the host -unlimited buffet for about 3hours! But I will not use that as an excuse. I like the week of wearing a size 14 more than any food they have!

JLUS
03-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Before IP, my go to dressing was EVOO/balsamic/herbs. I may switch it up and use your dressing every other time. I like the WF, but all that stuff leaves a weird chemically sugary taste that I'm not fond of. I'm only in my second week but the home scale has not moved all week. I know, I shouldn't be so dependent on the scale, it's a hard habit to break. I took my own measurements when I started so I'll do that again this weekend and hopefully the changes will be there.

BTW, congrats on your losses and the 28 jeans! Yay!:carrot:

Hey CAT -

were you the one whose coach gave a menu and packets that included more than one restricted per day? I know you are not happy with your coach and she gave you "answers" that "explained" a bunch of your concerns, but I don't recall what the response was to multiple restricteds. REALLY curious!!!

Jen02719
03-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Pukka: Some coaches say pickles are a "freebie" and others don't. I don't count my 1 pickle a day towards my veggies. Arugula and mixed baby greens do count towards your veggies though!

If you're having problems getting your veggies in try some of the recipes that have zucchini in muffins or cookies, rhubarb in puddings or oatmeal or (my favorite) just cook up some spinach - one cup cooks down to about 6 bites!

I do not count my pickles towards my vegetables. There is no way I could eat one cup of pickles anyways. The amount I eat is small. But I guess if you eat a whole cup full, you should probably count it.

ReenHag
03-07-2014, 06:51 PM

Congrats! I totally understand the need to readjust expectations as one has less to lose, as I am experiencing losses similar to yours. But a loss is a loss! Yippee!

I used to make dressing with EVOO and chopped herbs, too. Yum!

Hi all

Hubby's coach included pickles as veggie, although eating two cups of pickles is a bit much for me. Be careful of the sodium in the pickles, as it might make you retain water!

I just kinda want to complain for a minute and then I'll shut up; I am bored with eating. I know I have to do it, but the process of chewing is really bothering me today. Same thing with drinking. I do it because I have to. Maybe that sounds a little crazy? I don't know maybe I'm just crazy. As much as the prospect of losing weigh excites me, the thought of putting anything in my mouth is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I think the food is good though. I waited until 10 this morning to eat my breakfast and I was good and hungry too, but for some reason as of late, I'd rather be hungry than to put another bite of anything in my mouth. This is my second time around doing this diet, all alts this time, but I seriously don't remember feeling like this the first time around. Has anyone else felt like this?

I have felt a total lack of hunger at times on this program, and had to almost make myself eat. I found that to be a great perk! I just had no desire to eat anything off program.

Yay! Congrats! Best of luck on P3!

So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" weight is 171.8.

Having dropped another $190 at the clinic (I had to buy some more supplements), I don't feel so bad because I am seeing the results.

Congrats!

Love it! Too funny- I found the Beck book and workbook on ebay yesterday and was all poised to buy it, but the PayPal would not go through on my iPad. I will have to use hubby's desktop to place the order.

I am not posting much these days as I am in Florida (OK) Disneyworld with my husband on business. This is day 3 and I am still 100 pc OP. VERY challenging as the evening meal is always provided by the host -unlimited buffet for about 3hours! But I will not use that as an excuse. I like the week of wearing a size 14 more than any food they have!

Wow, Walt Disney World! My favorite place on earth! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Way to go staying OP despite the challenges. I am sure you are getting in a lot of walking, too. And in those size 14's, no less! Whoop, Whoop!

Bellamack
03-07-2014, 07:13 PM
ems, you are beautiful in both pics. :)

ssdlturtle
03-07-2014, 07:17 PM
ems70508- great job, you look amazing.

Lisa thanks for all your help and what you give us, it helps us stay on IP.

Hope all have a great day.
Went today and found my daughter a Prom dress- so hard as no one is carrying any more- all on line- hard to judge size that way as all cut different- She is so excited as she is a Freshman and got asked. She will have fun. It was a Mom/daughter day and had fun. Glad we found one today.
Stayed IP she was not happy as would not go where she wanted to eat, but they did not have anything I could eat and stay IP

Have to work this wk end but hoping will get on to read forum as it helps

drd1961
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Congrats drd1961. I just started phase 3 yesterday. Are you skipping phase 2 and going into phase 3? That's what I did and I have to say I am a bit nervous about it.

No I have been on Phase 2 for the last two weeks.

drd1961
03-07-2014, 07:51 PM
I always go grocery shopping Friday after work since my diet week starts on Saturday. Today it took forever because I was reading labels so closely. This is going to take some learning!

catlady1981
03-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey CAT -

were you the one whose coach gave a menu and packets that included more than one restricted per day? I know you are not happy with your coach and she gave you "answers" that "explained" a bunch of your concerns, but I don't recall what the response was to multiple restricteds. REALLY curious!!!

JLUS: Her response was that so many of her dieters are eating upwards of 300 or more grams of carbs a day before they start with her and they just can't make it on only one restricted a day, so they need more to get through that first week or they will be too hungry and quit before they even really get started. If she had been listening to me when we talked, she would have heard me tell her that I was seldom eating more than 50 grams a day. At that point she should have realized that I would not be one of those people that had a hard time adjusting. And I didn't. I am on day 9, no carb flu, no headaches, not noticing any less energy, but not noticing a whole lot more either. But she never said anything about the restricteds and how only one a day should be eaten. I learned that here. I've learned so much here. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and showing newbies like me the right way from the wrong way.

I have an appt. with a new coach tomorrow morning. Hoping it goes well. :dizzy:

JLUS
03-07-2014, 08:52 PM
JLUS: Her response was that so many of her dieters are eating upwards of 300 or more grams of carbs a day before they start with her and they just can't make it on only one restricted a day, so they need more to get through that first week or they will be too hungry and quit before they even really get started. If she had been listening to me when we talked, she would have heard me tell her that I was seldom eating more than 50 grams a day. At that point she should have realized that I would not be one of those people that had a hard time adjusting. And I didn't. I am on day 9, no carb flu, no headaches, not noticing any less energy, but not noticing a whole lot more either. But she never said anything about the restricteds and how only one a day should be eaten. I learned that here. I've learned so much here. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and showing newbies like me the right way from the wrong way.

I have an appt. with a new coach tomorrow morning. Hoping it goes well. :dizzy:

So glad you have a new coach to try...from what I see here, many people have coaches who vary a little here and there in the protocol, but fairly minor differences. Yours (and several others we have heard people talk about) seem out and out NOT IP. Seems to me if she believes her way is better she should NOT call it IP and definitely NOT charge the prices she is. Those alternates you mentioned she is selling in order to keep the price down for clients... Well they can be purchased for $12-$15 a box!

Still hoping you will contact IP corporate as she should not represent herself as an IP coach at all!

Best of luck with your new coach.PLEASE let us know how it goes! You absolutely MUST get money back from the other coach - it's a crime for her to charge you for IP services and foods when you did not get IP! (Maybe you got her version of a diet plan and maybe she coached you, but definitely not in what you thought you were paying for!)

catlady1981
03-07-2014, 09:00 PM
So glad you have a new coach to try...from what I see here, many people have coaches who vary a little here and there in the protocol, but fairly minor differences. Yours (and several others we have heard people talk about) seem out and out NOT IP. Seems to me if she believes her way is better she should NOT call it IP and definitely NOT charge the prices she is. Those alternates you mentioned she is selling in order to keep the price down for clients... Well they can be purchased for $12-$15 a box!

Still hoping you will contact IP corporate as she should not represent herself as an IP coach at all!

Best of luck with your new coach.PLEASE let us know how it goes! You absolutely MUST get money back from the other coach - it's a crime for her to charge you for IP services and foods when you did not get IP! (Maybe you got her version of a diet plan and maybe she coached you, but definitely not in what you thought you were paying for!)

As soon as I find a new home, I will contact corporate about her. Handing out 2 year old protocol sheets, using alternate products, multiple restricteds in a day are all in violation of IP protocol. My friend in Idaho told her coach what was happening to me and her coach was outraged and wanted to report my clinic herself. That coach is sending me the daily videos as a favor to my friend. She has also encouraged me to report this clinic. I need to make sure I have a new coach/clinic before I do that so I don't get kicked to the curb! I'll keep ya'll informed.

JLUS
03-07-2014, 10:13 PM
As soon as I find a new home, I will contact corporate about her. Handing out 2 year old protocol sheets, using alternate products, multiple restricteds in a day are all in violation of IP protocol. My friend in Idaho told her coach what was happening to me and her coach was outraged and wanted to report my clinic herself. That coach is sending me the daily videos as a favor to my friend. She has also encouraged me to report this clinic. I need to make sure I have a new coach/clinic before I do that so I don't get kicked to the curb! I'll keep ya'll informed.

Way to GO! We all definitely want you to find a new home AND hang here with us. Let us know how your new appt goes and then keep us posted about what response you get from corporate!

Sorry you had to go through thus but really glad you found us here to help you out.

vachinyc
03-07-2014, 10:32 PM

WooHoo! That's awesome.!

So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right!

Great job! Almost 4 a week...wow!

Such a great attitude. You can do it!

I always go grocery shopping Friday after work since my diet week starts on Saturday. Today it took forever because I was reading labels so closely. This is going to take some learning!

Totally hear ya on that. I've been really only alternating two or three breakfasts. Though I expect I will expand...one day. It made shopping and preparing easier. I did buy the (phase3) meal replacement shake at the clinic to have just in case I needed something quick and portable. Haven't used them yet Bcz I'm enjoying the new variety.

Weigh in tomorrow morning...even after all this time, I'm always a little nervous/excited :)

TGIF!

mars735
03-08-2014, 01:12 AM

Yes!

drd1961
03-08-2014, 06:47 AM
WooHoo! That's awesome.!

Great job! Almost 4 a week...wow!

Such a great attitude. You can do it!

Totally hear ya on that. I've been really only alternating two or three breakfasts. Though I expect I will expand...one day. It made shopping and preparing easier. I did buy the (phase3) meal replacement shake at the clinic to have just in case I needed something quick and portable. Haven't used them yet Bcz I'm enjoying the new variety.

Weigh in tomorrow morning...even after all this time, I'm always a little nervous/excited :)

TGIF!

I bought the replacement too just in case. Especially since I am traveling in a week and a half.