Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 08:03 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday's Thread

Just starting it off, BBIAM
Old 07-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #2  

Morning girls,

How was everyone's night? I got kind of annoyed....I spent all this time prepping and cooking that tamale pie I mentioned yesterday.....and it was SO disgusting. I managed to choke down like 1/2 of a 1/2 portion and just had to throw it all away. What a waste! Needless to say, I won't be posting the recipie. I was OP with my eating, mainly because I bought so much produce on Sunday that I'm trying to eat it all up before it goes bad. Drawback of buying in bulk.....

Not much else going on this early, BBL.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Ok Lexxy *giggle* I DO know what you mean about choking down produce because you bought it in bulk. Wouldn't you think I'd learn that since I am the only member of my family who likes broccoli, that Sam's isn't the best place to buy it, no matter how much the deal per pound is? OH well, live and learn...Sorry the tamale pie was icky. What a disappointment after all that hard work. But at least you tried it when it was just you and didn't present it in front of company.

Sorry I didn't get on to post yesterday. I went into work and a few hours turned into a full day. We spent yesterday evening in our basement, as tornados touched down in our town. No one was hurt and nothing in town is destroyed, other than a lot of trees down, but a few miles away, buildings are completely leveled. What a mess to have to deal with...poor farmers. The news showed them this morning, amid all the rubble, milking their cows by hand because there was no power and it needed to be done. Lots of neighbors seemed to be out helping too, though, so at least they know someone cares.

I am retaining water after Chinese Buffet yesterday for lunch. I stayed OP for the most part (yeah, there's a little cornstarch in some of the sauces and most likely some hidden sugars, but I avoided all blatantly starchy things), but I"m up two pounds grrrrrrrrrr! I figure it's water retention from the MSG and the salt but Lordy, do I feel like a fat@ss this morning. *sigh* I'm glad I can tell that to friends who KNOW what that's like

Jess can i just say that you are cute as a button? From all of our pictures, I think that we are truly a bunch of gorgeous girls in this forum, and if ever there were a 3FC most beautiful forum contest, we'd win, hands down! New friends, post your pictures -- join the beauty parade!!!

Ok, enough rambling. TIme to get my laundry in the dryer!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:38 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Mornign Girls
I checked the thread at 2:30 this am so i'll respond to what i can remember
Belle future MIL has a major case of jealousy ignore her you'd be marrying him and we can always get you a roll of duct tape for her mouth
Jess you are adorable! both ways
Lex sorry bout the pie
Jayne hope all is well and that your basements comfy
I will bbiab lots to do today
Love
Kierie
Old 07-15-2003, 10:10 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - you are a cutie-patootie! If I swung that way, I'd probably be asking you out!!!! Good for you staying in control and OP for a week. That is a major step. Don't worry about the scale. I know it is frustrating but it will follow in it's own time. Plus I often find myself eating lower fat and higher sodium when I first get OP. Maybe you inadvertently did the same thing and retained water.

Belle - sorry your vacation wasn't relaxing. BF's mom sounded like a pill. I'm going to take the opposite point of view from everyone else - when you marry him you're stuck with her too. I believe that when you marry someone, you accept their families (flaws and all) as part of the package - after all - it would be hard to spend a lifetime avoiding the in-laws. I say this with all the compassion of someone who is not overly fond of her own BF's family.

Amber - hope you are feeling better today.

Rina - how was WI?

Lexxy - sorry your recipe didn't work out. Try Becky's taco pie. I tried it last Friday. Yummy! I made substitutions though. I used soy crumbles instead of turkey, less cheese and less sour cream. Very good at 3.5 per piece.

Good Morning Kierie!

Jayne - I'll join you in the bloated and feeling fat department! I challenge you to a water drink-off. Let's see if we can wash it out of our systems.

Thanks all for putting up with my temper tantrum yesterday. I got a little more sleep last night (a whopping 5.5 hours!) and am in a better mood. Cut short my work-out this morning to get the extra z's so only did the Firms Lower Body Sculpt II. A very easy lower body routine if anyone needs one.

Good thing I got the extra sleep. I have some family situations to deal with today. UGH! A few months ago my cousin's father was really angry with me (about things more than a year old) and spent a couple hours one evening venting on me. Hasn't spoken to me since but now wants me to care for his pets while on vacation. I'm not inclined to be the bigger person...... Plus my mom and my sister have been wanting to come visit. Unfortunately, our schedules haven't worked out. My mom is now really pressing for a weekend that I let her know 2 weeks ago CB and I already had plans for- plus I don't know that I can get the time off my 2nd job because I'm past the date of asking off for time in August. It will all work out but it is frustrating.

Well, enough about me. Come out and play today.

Laura
Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning ladies! I had an ok day eating wise. My boss replenished the snack bar with mini candy bars. This is always bad b/c I fail to keep track of how many I eat. Other than that all was well. DH grilled filet mignon last night and I stir-fried some veggies to go with. Delicious!!! We had such a fun night. I told him I would give him a pedicure (foot massage and soak) but he had to do face masks with me He was so resistant and when I started putting it on his face he was so dramatic He was freaking out but we laughed so hard. Anyways it was nice!

Does anyone else do Winsor Pilates? I bought the tapes when the infomercials began and then about 6 months ago lent them to a fried b/c I had gotten into my WATP's kick. Anyways this friend is the one that we are cat sitting for this week so I used the tape last night and I actually feel it a little this morning. I enjoyed doing it so I am thinking that I am going to try and get back into that. I figure 3-4 days/wk I will do the pilates. Anyways just thought I would share my latelst plan. I got on the scale this morning (during TOM) and I am the same which is good b/c I figure after the bloat I should be down.

Jess~ Is TOM on the way? If not then I am sure that you will be down next wk. Congrats on the week OP. Your pics are great!

Lexxy~ I did Mystic Tan before my wedding and I think it is perfect for instances like that or before vacation or something. It would be crazy expensive to do it on a regular basis though, I agree. Sorry that the dish didn't turn out! That would be annoying.

Amber~ Hope you feel better soon. I recommend tons of vitamin C, liquids and rest. I finally managed to get rid of my cold this wknd by doing lots of those things.

Jayne~ That is so sad. I want to come and help the farmers. BTW I love your "most beautiful forum contest" comment.

Morning Kieri! We missed you yesterday!

BBL
Old 07-15-2003, 10:25 AM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default It's Tuesday!!

For a minute this morning, in the shower, I thought it was Wednesday. How very disappointing to learn that it's only Tuesday.

Well, I jumped on the scale last night and found that I'm down .5 lbs. I kind of expected more from my first week, but I also want the weight to come off faster than it is. So I decided to keep following the plan and quit weighing myself for awhile. (I can't afford to go to WW right now, so I'm just using the scale at my parent's house).

Oh, I also started a Day By Day thread again. I was the only one who posted there yesterday. It was lonely....

Lexxy--I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing tamale pie. On the bright side, at least you didn't make it for a whole bunch of people only to have it be disgusting.

Jayne--Yikes, that's scary about the tornadoes. We have lots of tornado warnings, but I've never been anywhere near one touching down. Thanks for the compliment about my picture--we really are a good-looking bunch of ladies.

Kier--Have a great day filled with lots of fun activities!!

Rina--Tell your brother hi for me... That's nice that an attractive guy thought I was hot, even before I lost weight. And no, it's not freaky at all. Now, if he moved to Nebraska to get closer to me, I might become a little alarmed.

Well, darlings, I gotta get some more work done. I'll stop back later today!!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:26 AM   #8  
Never Quit!

Default Good Morning!

Thanks everyone for the "hello's". It feels good to be back on the site. I was so happy to hear that I wasn't the only one who put on wedding-bliss-weight!

Well, it is Tuesday and I am trying to stay on program today. Weigh in is on Saturdays for me. I didn't get the chance to tell everyone that I was on vacation last week and just got back on the 12th. I went to weigh in (same day to face the music) and am up 2.6 lbs. We went to the Domincan Republic and now I have to get back to program and simply out of "vacation mode". So that means food shopping, journaling, making lists, doing laundry...

I am in the office and brought my Lean Cuisine and some snacks to get me to dinner. So, if I eat what I brought, then I can stay on program. So, everyone cross their fingers! I really would like to get in some walking today, but today's schedule is so hectic already.

Ok, let me get going. I hope to reply to some posts a little later today.

Best wishes,

Cuba
Old 07-15-2003, 10:30 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ Posting at the same time again! I am sorry about the family situation. Family can be soooo annoying trust me I know! I have had numerous situations with mine in the last few years that I won't bore you with. Anyways, you sound like you need a break and if having your mom come visit wouldn't be one than I say don't do it for now! Get away with CB! Besides didn't you just visit the fam? Sorry that I am offering so much advice it is really none of my business but I hope the situation improves.

Jess~ Yay .5 down! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:45 AM   #10  

oohh my poor tummy hurts! but i am staying OP! woohoo...i am down 2 lbs from last week...by my scale. can't wait to weigh in this week grace, i LOVE winsor pilates! jess, i HAVE to go check out your pics now...lol. and then i will post mine. ok i missed a whole day of work so i must post quick but i will c-ya later!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #11  
Never Quit!

Becky - I have the Pilates tapes too. I did them one day and the next felt a little something in my "power house". Maybe I should incorporate that into my exercise routine....I just don't know anyone who it works for.

Belle - As for the In Laws, I am going to have to side with Laura. When you get married, you marry them ALL! I have a miserable MIL and FIL not to mention Brother-In-Law. I try to take them in small doses and put my foot down on that. We only visit once or twice a month. But if it were up to them...it would be every single weekend.

Ok, have to jet...catch everyone later.

Cuba
Old 07-15-2003, 12:02 PM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

YAY! Dh just called and we got a lower interest rate and can look at houses in a higher price range!!! This will be wonderful b/c we were looking at some pretty crappy stuff! Just had to share with my 3fc friends. I am sooooo excited.

Amber and Cuba~ My fav is when she say's "ok squeeze your tushy" I feel like a 3 yr old

Cuba~ Ooh tell us about your vacation?????
Old 07-15-2003, 12:42 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Hi guys!! I was sick and then crazy busy at work. I'm still crazy busy but I'm getting over the strep throat. I'll catch up on the posts and try to post properly later today or tomorrow! I've missed you guys!!
KT
Old 07-15-2003, 12:58 PM   #14  

Jayne, I am "choking" down a big salad as we speak! In theory it's good, I'm just getting sick of all these veggies!! Only a week OP too, I'm in trouble!!

A friend of mine is moving to another bedroom in her house and is offering up pizza and beer to those who come over and help tonight. I know it sounds awful, but I'm considering not going so that I don't put myself in the situation of free beer and pizza. I know that just because it's there I don't have to eat it......but I know myself even better, and I will.

Laura, I'm definitely going to try the taco pie thing, sounds waaa better than what I had. I don't know how you get yourself out of bed in the morning to work out with only 5-6 hours of sleep. I usually get about 6, but I am dragging all morning - no way could I sacrifice any sleep for exercise! Hmm, maybe that's why I'm so out of shape......

Becky, those mini candy bars KILL me. A woman here has her office stocked with them, but I can't even go in. One would lead to 20 which would lead to month-long binge. I've also wanted to try the Windsor Pilates, but I have so many videos and equipment I don't use as it is, seems like such a waste. How tan did the Mystic Tan get you? How long did it last? The one I use is ok, but it's definitely a pain in the butt, and it never looks as good as the real thing.

Jess, I did the same thing this morning! I had to sit there and think about what day it was and if I had to change my patch or something (and I do that Thursdays!). Geez, it's been a long week already. Bad sign.

Cuba, good for you for going to weigh in right away. Ususally I am just too scared after vacation!

I remember there was a discussion a bit back about whether or not to just saw screw it on your b-day and eat whatever you want. How did that end up working out? Mine is a week from today, and I already know that I want to go get a burrito from Chipotles for lunch (over 1000 calories), prob. have some ice cream cake, might go out for dinner w/ friends, and I'm sure there will be lots of drinks involved too. On the one hand I just want to enjoy myself and not worry about it, and on the other it seems crazy to eat 2-3 days worth of food in one day and blow all this hard work. Thoughts?

Amber and KT, feel better. Kierie, hope your day is going well.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #15  
Running Babe

Hey Y'all,

I am still alive. I have the week off. I was suppose to go up North with the BF but the plans fell through, so we're taking it easy staying in town (I'll be visiting my parents on Sunday, but the rest of the time, I'll be staying in Ottawa).

Anyhoo, life is fairly good. I start a new contract on the 28th which pays 50% more than what I am getting now and now it looks like I'll have a permanent contract and the new higher pay as of October 27th so that would be very good

I have my language testing next week so I am studying my @ss off (well I get an $800 a year bonus if I pass). In fact I had a school anxiety dream last night (you know the dream, you've completed the school year and all and then you dream there's a course you never completed that you have to complete asap, that's my re-occuring nightmare).

I adopted a cat called Maya. She's a Bengal cat and follows me around everywhere.

Belle: It was so nice to meet you, but I am sorry for all the problems with the bf's mother. You take care!

Ali
Closed Thread